Speaker 1: It's the JV and Sandy Show.
Speaker 2: As JV's hanging with us again today if you're not with us. Earlier we were talking about things that you you did is he loved as a kid, and whether or not you still doing We told you about this guy, grown adult man shooting rockets little model rockets off at Brushy Creek Park in Cedar Park and so along kind of the same lines. I was kind of thinking about things that I'm not really good at but I still enjoy doing, and I think everyone has them, and the biggest one for me, and I always have an excuse as to why I'm not any good at it, you know. My latest one is golf. I've recently started playing golf again. I've reunited in my old roommate Phil Right. He and I and very good golfer, Yeah, very good. And he and I and a couple other guys we play together once a month and we always go out.
Speaker 1: To like.
Speaker 2: Burn It, Marble Falls, King Kingsland out there. It's there's some really nice golf course just out there, and I'm just not very good. I've gotten better, but I'm never gonna be like feel good, you know, like my old roommate feels I'm never gonna be as good as hand. I'm never gonna be as good as basically any of my friends. So I'm constantly making up excuses as to why. And it used to be forever it was because I drank too much when I played golf.
Speaker 1: That was always my excuse.
Speaker 2: I don't have that excuse anymore, right, So now my latest one, and I think JB you can probably I agree with this or relate to it. My latest excuse is I need new golf clubs. Oh yeah, and I need to be professionally fitted for my go So basically I need custom golf clubs.
Speaker 3: Basically that's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Basically that's a lot of money, right, but I really need them.
Speaker 4: What is a set of let's go for these days, like custom set of golf. I have no clue if it's two thousand dollars or ten thousand dollars, have no clue.
Speaker 2: If you go out to like a professional fitting and get it done by let's say tailor made one of the brands and stuff, it's about one hundred and seventy five dollars a club, right.
Speaker 5: And you need I mean I'm playing pitch and put the miniature.
Speaker 6: Golf might be more your speeding, like eighteen hundred bucks, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: Right right around there, right.
Speaker 6: I mean, are you sure it's not your bad shoulder? I mean I feel like maybe it's your shoulder.
Speaker 1: This is Tricia's way of talking me out of this.
Speaker 4: Hey, I know that I'm here, and here's what I'm hearing. You're you're saving eighteen hundred dollars a month not drinking.
Speaker 5: That's just one month, one month easy.
Speaker 1: This is a no brainer.
Speaker 3: This is like they're free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're coming free. You know what this is chick economics.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: It's girl math. That's happening.
Speaker 1: Is girl math, curl math. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I want to see you go into the tailor Maids store and go, I'm here for my free club. I'm sorry, sure, what well, I quit drinking and so so you guys ow me clubs. You ought to be free.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.
Speaker 3: Yes, it does.
Speaker 2: What to answer your question about my shoulder, Trisha, is it does make a difference. Because when I went and played in this golf tournament they had the tailor made people were there and they like you swung you hit some balls for it. And then they fitted you and adjusted the golf clubs and the shaft and all that kind of stuff. And when after they adjusted it, I hit the golf ball a whole lot better, really a lot better, like a lot.
Speaker 6: You're like a small child right now trying to convince his mom and dad, Guys, I really need this, but it's important.
Speaker 2: And then I always remember, as soon as I think about this, there was a guy, and you know, mister Appelt, right, uh, owned Cola Vista and bass Drop and mister Appelt most people know it.
Speaker 1: Well put it this way.
Speaker 2: He's got three buildings named after him at Texas, A and M So you do the math on that, right, right. And he told me once, he said, Sandy, if money could buy you a low handicap in golf, damn and I'd have one.
Speaker 1: He said, it can't. It just can't do it.
Speaker 2: If you can buy a good golf game, I'd have one.
Speaker 4: And so that's part of the fascination with that sport is even the best in the world cannot conquer it. No, yeah, you take the best golfer in the world. What's the kid from from Scotty Scheffler Scheffler. Yeah, they like what would be considered like a perfect bowling birdying every hole.
Speaker 5: It just doesn't happen, right, Yeah, you're the best.
Speaker 4: In the world bowling. You can do it. You can bowl three hundred, you can dominate that.
Speaker 1: A lot of people can, right, a lot of but just.
Speaker 4: The best in the world have a bad hole right every time, and it keeps you coming back.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: And bad players can beat a good player on one hole, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's true. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget.
Speaker 2: I was playing with rich Being once who won the two thousand and two PGA Championship. Our very first hole, I made a birdie and he made a part. I just beat a major champion.
Speaker 5: Right, and you're like, I'm done.
Speaker 1: I'm right.
Speaker 4: And that's the same thing like not being able to conquer it. You still you have those little moments, those little shiny moments where you just go, oh my god, you can't do that in a ten k go I got third last week on normally two hundred and fifty, Like, it just doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: You couldn't win around from Mike Tyson, you know, right, it couldn't happen. So so Tricia again seeking approval.
Speaker 6: Hey, why you never do what you gotta do. That's what I always say, Do what you gotta do, Sandy. If you need them, you go get them.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: I mean, what am I going to say?
Speaker 1: How would I?
Speaker 6: Of course I've never been the person who's like, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Here's the other thing.
Speaker 6: I got something I got to ask you about to We'll talk about that later. Some say yes to this request. Oh boy, might have one of my own coming up means a trip.
Speaker 2: Probably listen to this, JB. I'm a predict where this trip is too. Would you like to hear? It's probably a beach Vietnam. Her best friend lives in Vietnam.
Speaker 3: You remember Sean, my friend Sean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, because she teaches all over Yeah, she lives in the land of Vietnam.
Speaker 3: It's far far away.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 5: And if you can go with someone local knowledge even better.
Speaker 1: Right right? Yep, you know I want to go on that.
Speaker 3: I know you want to go on that.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about this.
Speaker 3: Let's I mean, it's maybe it's golf clubs or Vietnam. I mean, I don't know. How do you need them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Now the price just doubled, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: From a set of golf clubs to now a trip is like, that's more money.
Speaker 1: It's not girl math.
Speaker 3: Get your golf clubs if you want.
Speaker 1: I'm Sandy.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to stop here.
Speaker 1: We'll see, We'll see.
Speaker 2: You can find us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official. Be sure that you grabbed the Sandy Show podcast. Stick with us. We got more coming up. All you pickleballers that can't get a court, We've got good news for you. Well you decide if it's good news. All right, that's coming up. It's the JV and Sandy Show. JB's with us today, and by the way, Tricia's here too. I'm here right, Sorry.
Speaker 1: Sometimes JB and I get caught up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fine, you do it. I'm going to jump in when I can.
Speaker 2: So pickleball has been a rage, and they've got that really really world class facility out and dripping that I'm supposed to hold host the World Championships or something sometime soon. And pickleball is everywhere, and all the tennis players are mad at the pickleballers.
Speaker 1: Where was that out in.
Speaker 3: Ut at Ul Snider rant, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ut clubs where they got in the big fight, right.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't know. I thought it was there.
Speaker 6: They have tennis courts like around the community, and there were fighting because the pickleballers wanted to one of the courts to pickleballing and the tennis players were like absolutely not suing each other.
Speaker 3: It was a big thing.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 1: It's really weird.
Speaker 4: That's a weird thing to think. If somebody's using the court, what doesn't matter what they're doing on it. So if that's the case, I could skateboard on the court, you follow, Yeah, because that's probably the pickleballs are going. What does it matter, It's just a cord, you know. So if I want to skate, what if I just want a sunbathe, that's my time on this court.
Speaker 1: I've reserved this court. I could do whatever I want.
Speaker 5: And so do we really need another paddle sport?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: There is one, right, It's called something called paddle thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paddle thirty nine. There's one in North Austin off Rutland. They're looking to build one in East Austin. They're describing it as a mix of tennis and squash and from the pictures that I'm looking at, it looks like an astro turf court.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look like concrete. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: I mean it's yeah, it's just another another sport, another pad.
Speaker 6: Okay, is it weird if I'm not one hundred percent shirt? What a squash? What do you play squash with?
Speaker 1: Oh, squash? Squash racket.
Speaker 3: It's like I'm imagining badminton.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a racket that looks more like a badminton racket but played on more like a racquetball court.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it doesn't have something on the wall the front wall that you hit the ball into, like a little things across it.
Speaker 1: It's different than a racquetball court.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I'm I'm just still so into highlight.
Speaker 1: I don't JB played handball. I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, handball was still a thing at the University of Texas in the eighties anyway. Had they had a teacher there who was like a world champion, and the buddy of mine was taking it for you know, a pe credit, and he's like, man, I sign a frandball this is really fun.
Speaker 5: And I did and actually played in a couple of tournaments.
Speaker 4: But the weird thing about handball, the first semester you take the class. You can barely even play it because you've got to train your the opposite side of your body to do a throw. It's a throwing motion. Wow, it's not like a smack motion. It's more like a steamless catch and throw. But you have to learn to do it. You know, I'm right handed, so for the first month you're just learning how to throw with you the other side of your body. Yeah, because if you just put your hand out and smack it, you'll just have a bruised hand and you won't be able to do anything. The learning curve on it was steep, but it's it's fun. That's old school. Yeah, that's that's prison stuff. That's the only place. It's like your dad might have played it on the streets of New York City, maybe some kind of handball with maybe one wall maybe yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: There's some old school versions of it.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you get sentence a sentence in Huntsville or something, and you're good to go, you're gonna get all the guys will want you on their team, you'll be protected, you'll probably get a little extra from commissary if you're real good.
Speaker 4: We're mapping out my prison places, not my good looks, handball skills.
Speaker 2: He's JB. I'm Sandy. Trisa's with us. We'll take a quick break and we got more coming up. Well, Austin hasn't been as excited about filming in Austin since Dazed and Confused, which, by the way, JB is joining us to it the JB and Sandy Show, and Tricia's here too.
Speaker 1: That's something Austin needs to probably let go up.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: It had its thirtieth anniversary, but I remember how they hype Dazed and Confused for the twentieth.
Speaker 5: I mean the tenth. I remember the tenth anniversary is a big deal.
Speaker 4: Then they made a big deal out of liked the twentieth and maybe twenty fifth, and now it's the if it's like, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Time to let go. You know, do you think.
Speaker 6: It's just because I McConaughey and he's here. I mean, do you think that's why they can't let it go?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of other stuff has been shot here that you know is not doesn't have anniversaries.
Speaker 1: What was the was it office space? Right?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the.
Speaker 4: Choshke's that's right. But Jenna's next to Flingers. It was the old alligator grill on Celphamar.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: I dated a girl for a short while that was had a spot in that movie as an extra, and she told everybody about it.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah as an extra, Yeah, I mean, but she had a credit, so maybe it was more than an extra. But anyway, so which one of the Yellowstone starts win? And they're shooting one of the prequels in and around Austin. But Jab, maybe you can help us and forgive me if I've asked you this before, But Trician and I have had a long running disagreement that I could whip I say, in real life if you put me on the you know, if Yellowstone was real and you put me into the show, I could whip.
Speaker 3: Rip nonsense, I could take it.
Speaker 1: I'm one hundred percent certain that I could whip and seen.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, let me connect a couple of dots for people back because Dazed and Confused. I didn't know until recently until my wife told me Rip Colehauser is his name?
Speaker 1: Rip was in Dazed and Confused?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know that who was he?
Speaker 4: He was? You know the you know, the older senior thugs that were chasing the everyone around with the paddles.
Speaker 1: He was one of them. Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's your connection of days and Confused in Yellowstone. But yeah, so okay, I I love Yellowstone. I love the prequels. I love My question wouldn't be whether you could whip Rip. It would be whether what's the chick on the show. Yeah if Beth and Rip really threw down a couple's fight on her.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, But.
Speaker 5: Okay, as we all know, Rip is just a badass.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the scene where the the Harley guys en route to Sturgis were on their land.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 3: Good down their bikes gets off and fixes it.
Speaker 4: Now, I will say, if you like that scene and how Rip just handled it like he just came in and handled it. I've seen Sandy do the exact same thing.
Speaker 1: Told you, told you I.
Speaker 5: Saw him do it once.
Speaker 4: He he broke up a fight, put a guy in a headlock, and didn't spill a drop of his beard the whole time, had.
Speaker 5: The guy in a headlock.
Speaker 4: And this was at Lazona Rosa and it's Heyday and a couple APD officers come rushing in like and they saw what was going on, and they go Sandy. Sandy said something to the effect of, hey man, hey man, I'm just doing your job here.
Speaker 3: They just sit back and let him do it, let him handle it.
Speaker 1: They took him. They hand guy.
Speaker 2: I had him in a headlock, in a reverse chicken wing, which is over his head and his arm behind him.
Speaker 1: He wasn't going anywhere. The guy won't give you another one. I'll give you another one, and I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to give too many details on this, but there was another time when Sandy and I were in a bar in New Orleans and something got really sideways with the check and the manager and they were being real jerk. This is a total rip scene. Oh you're gonna love this. You don't know this story.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 4: They weren't going to give us our money back or solve the problem. And again I'm paraphrasing on exactly what Sandy said, but you'll get the idea. He walked over to a pool table. Scoop scooped up in his big mittens. As we've mentioned before on the show. Today, big old mickey mouse fingers of his he reaches down and picks up three pool balls in his hand, shows him to the manager and he goes, you need to fix this problem right now or I'm going to start wrecking the joint.
Speaker 1: My god, And I was.
Speaker 5: Like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Are you just sitting at the table freaking out?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, hey, it's it's easy to be the cocky friend when he's doing stuff like that.
Speaker 3: You're yea in the.
Speaker 1: Back, Yeah, I was going to wreck the place.
Speaker 2: I was going to throw those pool balls at the mirrors behind the ball a lot more, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah almost went down. Yeah, that was a rip esque move that That is very our money back. And they changed the bill too, if you remember Yeah, and there's probably Tricia.
Speaker 4: There's probably a dozen more stories that are on that same caliber. I just don't remember him.
Speaker 6: I I've not seen I've not experienced the Rip version of Sandy. I've I feel like I've seen it maybe emerge a few times, and I'm all, whoa, whoa whoa easy big guy like brought him back down.
Speaker 2: Like when the guy almost killed you at the at the hockey game in the parking lot. Yeah, yeah, that was one guy was back in his big stupid truck up and Tricia had her door open and was getting out and he was crushing the door.
Speaker 1: She was between the door in the car.
Speaker 3: And I was banging on his car and he was.
Speaker 2: Crushed closing the door on her hand. And then he just backed up and drove off. I'm like, oh, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: Sandy tracked it down. I was all, yeah, we had landry with this. I was like, just stay in the car, baby. It was I feel like that was a rip moment for you too, are N't you know what I mean? Confronted with this evidence, maybe I need to rethink my answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to think more of me again.
Speaker 6: It's not that I think less of you. I just have never seen your rip in action. JB is describing something seem very rip.
Speaker 4: Let me let me ask you this about old Cole Hauser rip. Has he ever wrestled a bear in one I'm gonna.
Speaker 6: Let you know that we've all heard that story about forty seven times a ton of Sandy's favorite Wald of the Bear.
Speaker 1: That is match with me retirement.
Speaker 6: That is why I said you could never get crips.
Speaker 3: But because that was your claim to fame, Wald of the Bear.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you, I'm just telling you.
Speaker 3: JB has convinced me.
Speaker 2: I wish this was before cell phones and everyone had a camera on a video.
Speaker 1: I wish I had video of that. Waldough taken him down.
Speaker 6: But I mean, don't you think that he was probably drugged up and had been raised by people, was never gonna hurt you.
Speaker 3: I mean, don't you.
Speaker 1: See the difference they claimed he was undefeated. Yeah, I'm just same.
Speaker 5: I never thought about them being drug That's what a.
Speaker 4: Great gig, like like Vivo Like, I've always said that about Vivo too, Like he gets the best seat, he doesn't even have to excuse himself to go to the restaurant.
Speaker 3: Cleans it up.
Speaker 1: Stay with us, We've got more coming up.
Speaker 2: Tricia is very dismayed right now because earlier in the show, I pointed out that we were watching the Rams and Packer football game, and the Rams coach showed up and she was looking at the TV and the first time she mentioned anything about the games, she goes, well, hello there, and it was Sean McVay, the coach.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, you're old enough to be his.
Speaker 3: Mother knocked the wind out of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's thirty six years six.
Speaker 3: I was a freshman in high school when he was born. I could be his mom. Oh my god.
Speaker 6: But it's literally officially the first time in my life that I have been compared to somebody by the age of you could be their mom. That's never happened before. It could be your son doesn't feel great.
Speaker 1: It doesn't do no. I things still like him. Oh I do.
Speaker 2: You'reitting during cougar stage. That's true, you really are.
Speaker 6: I mean, so that would be so weird except you already said the mom thing.
Speaker 3: He's ruined for me.
Speaker 6: I mean now I feel motherly towards him because you said that.
Speaker 1: Never say that again, Ladies.
Speaker 2: If you want to he's eye candy, just search Sean Sean McBay McVay.
Speaker 1: You'll like it.
Speaker 5: Said.
Speaker 1: Hi, he's your d audio five. All right, it's not really a cereal.
Speaker 2: But speaking of football, Julian Edelman, who played for the Patriots forever, is pitching this idea.
Speaker 5: You want to know my secret salsa snackhack.
Speaker 1: First you take some toastedos, then add your favorite salsa and you mix it. Boom, there you go. You got salsa cereal. Not necessary, No.
Speaker 6: Because the longer the chips and the susa, then it becomes soggy.
Speaker 1: And the art of dipping, the joy.
Speaker 6: Of dipping right and deciding this bite, I want a lot of salt. This bite, I'm just gonna dunk it. Just get a little bit on there.
Speaker 1: I'm not going for salsa cereal.
Speaker 3: No, no, nice tried Julian Edelman.
Speaker 1: No one's going to buy that.
Speaker 3: That's done.
Speaker 1: No one's going to make that. Dumb.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine, like at your super Bowl party this year, Hey, everybody, here's some salsa cereal.
Speaker 6: Like if we just serve that and didn't say anything, people would be like, what super good?
Speaker 3: But then what do you eating with a spoon?
Speaker 1: Spoon?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's disgusting, absolutely not a Hallmark is looking for their the next leading man for their Christmas series.
Speaker 1: Here's the promo. They need guys listens.
Speaker 4: Because I bring a lot of good energy to the table and be cool a few flannels every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Besides my nating smile, there's the perseeerance.
Speaker 4: These aliens charm for somebody who cares, somebody who loves their family. It takes a little bit of love and kindness, dry character, strong jaw Lie. I will definitely be mister Christmas because I can sing dans and act.
Speaker 1: So here I am. I'm ready for this step. I'm committed. I'm passionate, full of love, confidence, happy, i embody. A lot of the ideals that've done with that stops.
Speaker 3: That was painful to listen to. Those were guys selling themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trying to be the first Mister Christmas for the Hallmark.
Speaker 6: I don't think it matters if you can act or if you love your family.
Speaker 3: They're just looking for a hot guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 6: They're looking for. The guy who said I've got a strong jawline. He's the guy pick out of all that mishmash I just heard. I didn't even see him.
Speaker 1: That's our daily audio file. We've got more coming.
Speaker 5: HFI HD two and K two seven six e L Austin.
Speaker 4: Listen on the free iHeartRadio app for all your music, radio and podcasts. Free never sounded so good one O three one Austin dot com.
Speaker 2: It's been a bit since we visited with our friends Leslie Rody and Judy Maggio, who you hear every week with at X good News on our show. Now we've got them with us and they're joining us. It's just a you know what, this is this is just a catch up. How are you guys doing.
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 7: How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Hi, ladies, We're doing good for our newer Austin Knights. Leslie and Judy were mainstays uh in the Austin news world for a long long time, and I always get confused, Did you guys work together or were you at different Were you anchoring against each other?
Speaker 1: Were you guys the were you guys competitors? Leslie, you were a ks in right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was at kx AN both stemps. I was at k x A in two different times.
Speaker 8: Judy was at two different stations, and we were always competitors.
Speaker 1: Did you guys ever? Go ahead, I'm sorry, Judy, go ahead.
Speaker 7: No, I'm just going to.
Speaker 9: Say we became close, close friends and good betties after we both left the anchor desk and we realized that we had similar life journeys and we just clicked and you know, have grown to love each other like sisters and loved doing this work to other.
Speaker 7: So it's was but we.
Speaker 9: Were competitors first and didn't really know each other very well. So it's kind of a fun story.
Speaker 2: After ten o'clock newscast, did either one of you go like back and go, So what did that Leslie do today?
Speaker 1: What did she wear? What did she wear? Were they talking about all?
Speaker 9: But I do remember one time we were both at a at an interview.
Speaker 7: With governor was Governor Perry or something? And I saw you you had it like first, and then I was next. It's like, I wonder what she asked him. I was first, Like you know.
Speaker 3: She got to go first.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's fun because when we met, we would always see each other, and you know, you with competitors.
Speaker 7: You're saying, hey, Judy, how's it going. It's going great? We should really get together sometime.
Speaker 8: We'd say yeah, and nothing whatever happened because we end up doing that. And then once we met up afterwards, we realized that we were good therapists for each other in a lot of ways.
Speaker 6: Because y'all know exactly what the other one was going through and experiencing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine what the news would have been like if when y'all were both still on the air, y'all were seeing like out to dinner, out to lunch. The chatter that would have been going on in Austin, What is happening.
Speaker 9: We were both super close friends with Robert Hadlock, who was actually Leslie's co anchor, but Robert and I anchored together many years ago before he was at KXA N and kept in touch all these years, so we had that bond that we had, the Robert Hadlock bond.
Speaker 7: We were close to him as friends, so we.
Speaker 9: Always knew that, you know, we had a lot of similarities, but we just this has been our real joy in our lives to have each other and do this project together.
Speaker 3: We talk almost every day. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: The project, which is what about three years old now, is at x good News, where you guys are seeking out I think you have filled such a void in the news cycle of bad news. It's really easy to find news everywhere, and you guys have intentionally gone out and sought out the good news stories to let you know that there's good things and good people right here in Austin, Texas, USA. You just need to know about it. So I think it's great what you're doing. You got a new website too, right.
Speaker 3: All big time Now, we did get a new website.
Speaker 8: It's easy to remember it's atxcodnews dot com. How we found that I don't know, but we got it atxgodnews dot com and it really is allowing us to sort of compile all of our stories in one location and also serve as a place where we can write extended stories.
Speaker 7: A little bit more in depth. Like blogs.
Speaker 8: We have video interviews just like this one that we'll be putting on our website, those kinds of things. And we've noticed recently too, especially in the last few months, some people just don't like being on social media as much anymore. They don't want to hear all the stuff stuff that's out there. So the website is a place you can go and find some really good news stories without even having to touch social media.
Speaker 3: That's a great nice stuff.
Speaker 9: On Facebook, especially sometimes can be during an election season, quite divisive, and you know, our goal has always been the opposite. We want to remind people that we're morelike than we are different, that we have shared values.
Speaker 7: And common goals.
Speaker 9: And as you said, Sandy, there's so many good things happening happening in Central Texas, and I think that when you read about happy things going on in the community, inspiring wonderful things, that it makes you a more positive person and maybe inspires you to go out and volunteer your time to particular cause you care about.
Speaker 7: So that's the bottom line on all of this.
Speaker 2: Leslie, you mentioned writing or doing more extensive stories. Can you give us our blogging and stuff. You guys are really writers at heart, right, I mean you're both anchors, both reporters, you're curious people, but at the end of the day, you're both writers, aren't you.
Speaker 7: I think we're writers.
Speaker 1: I think storytellers.
Speaker 7: Storytellers is definitely what we are.
Speaker 8: In fact, we've had conversations recently about you know, we both have our own businesses and we could be working all day and it's the grind.
Speaker 7: But the minute we get.
Speaker 8: A chance to tell a story in ATX good News, it's like it's not work anymore.
Speaker 7: It's just a lot of fun to be able to share these stories.
Speaker 8: And so you know, you're in your calling, you're in your place when when that good thing is happening.
Speaker 7: You know, we've been able to take a story.
Speaker 8: That maybe has you know, four or five sentences on social media, but then in a blog we can go in add some more photos, really get more in depth in terms of maybe some of an interview and add some quotations from the people involved and let people understand it a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Right, And you could go to the website everyone that if you're listening, go to atxgodnews dot com and check it out, because I know you guys have put a lot of work into this and and what you're doing is not easy. I mean, like you said, you guys have other jobs, and then you do you're doing this as well, so you must love it. Judy, you just love the news, don't you.
Speaker 9: Well I do, and I still dabble and is reporting as you know. But this is the type of story that Leslie I always wanted to cover when we were on the anchor desk, but didn't always have the opportunity because there's so many other serious stories going on that you have to report when you're on the commercial TV station. But now we can go, hey, you know, for example, this is how the two lives kind of intertwine. I was asked to do the interviews for the two people who were finalists for Austin police chief.
Speaker 7: The city asked me to do that.
Speaker 9: While I was there, I saw these people with these dogs and I said, what are you guys doing here? She said, we're the support dogs for APD, and I was like what, And you know, these are like the comfort dogs that come in when police have been on a very serious assignment, something that's maybe traumatic. They bring in these support dogs to help the police officers.
Speaker 7: And I said, there's my ATX good.
Speaker 3: News store, right, and that great Dane mine? Yeah, yeah, the Great Dane, Tanka and the other dog. I was looking at that.
Speaker 6: And that's one of my favorite stories that y'all did, because she had they had the photos of the dogs and the ladies who are handling the dogs and talking about how the cops when they come in are stressed. And you can see the moment they start petting the dogs that some of the tension just leaves their bodies. But I love it that when I was a giant Great Dane.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, that dog. She has three. The head of this ferm has three Great Danes.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh.
Speaker 6: One of my friends has two. And I have photos when I go visit her. I'm sitting on the couch and the dog is standing and I'm sitting in his noses literally like eye level. I mean, they're just enormous creatures, but they're so sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys ever done a story on the APD Mounted Patrol the horses from.
Speaker 9: A This woman who heads up the dog thing also helps with the horses, and it's like they go out and sometime this summer all the horses go and cool down in town.
Speaker 7: I'm in a lady out of the lake.
Speaker 9: Yes, we're gonna do a story on that next summer when you guys take a horse to chill out at the lake.
Speaker 6: Now I go with you when you do that. Yes, thank you.
Speaker 7: You'll notice the theme of animals. We do believe that animals are good news. I think we usually have an animal story once a week.
Speaker 6: I love it. I'm obsessed with the APD Amounted Patrol. I do stories about them all the time on the show. I've got like top fan badge on their Facebook website, and I'm just waiting for them to invite me to come out there and see the horses.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with that biting.
Speaker 9: This would be a partnership story where we all go out and it's yeah, it's a mounted.
Speaker 7: Patrol and you guys do a story. We do story.
Speaker 3: I love it great. I would love that.
Speaker 2: Judy Leslie, thank you very much for the time check out their new website. You hear ATX good News every week on the show. Now you can go a little deeper find some more stories on their new website ATX good News. It's always good seeing you guys. Thank you great, thank yous for having us.
Speaker 3: Thanks ladies.
Speaker 2: We've got a chance for you to win a thousand dollars coming up at nine o'clock, so stick around. It's the Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station one O three point one.