Speaker 1: And we're back. Hey, welcome back to Guardenline folks. Good to have you with us. We have a special guest this hour. I've been looking forward to this. Uh, David Williamson from r CW Nurseries is going to be on with us and we're going to pick his brain and just kind of talk a lot of topics. But me, We're going to start off with a lot about trees for those of you who don't know the RCW Nurseries. And then there's Williamson Tree Farm, which is up in the Planners area where a lot of different kinds of quality trees are grown. And we're going to talk a little bit about some of the trees that do well here. Proper planning. You know, here we are in summer and you may have planted a tree in the wintertime or last fall, or maybe you're platinum. Now, how do you water it and keep it alive? You know? What is the what are the secrets to success in getting off to a good start with trees? So we're going to head out here and pull David in. Hey, David, are you there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Here? Can you hear me? Okay?
Speaker 1: I can? I can here? Welcome to Garby good. Good to have you with us.
Speaker 3: Oh, good morning, thank you you bet well.
Speaker 1: So I was just talking about we're gonna have you on and and uh, i'd like you to start off. Would you just tell us a little bit about Williamson Tree Farm. I know the history goes back into the seventies I believe. And then I'm sorry the RCW nursery, but also I want to hear a little bit about the tree farm if you don't mind talking about those.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: ARSIW started by three guys, my father and two other friends of his, Robinson and Cox. That's where the arsen Wie comes from. They all work to show all together. And it was working out of their backyards doing landscaping for people on the weekends, whether or not in the regular nine to five jobs. And then they found a place to store plants and it turned into where ARCW.
Speaker 2: Is now and.
Speaker 3: The Robinson they got out early one got transferred and the other one got was just didn't want to be involved anymore and got out of it. And my dad took earlier in time in eighty three, and then he also opened the tree farm in eighty three, which it really it really got going probably i'd say late eighties early nineties it really started going just selling to the nursery and then also selling to the landscape version of the nurseries through Texas. And we're pretty diverse spout as far as products at the tree farm. A lot of ornamental shade trees, some large shrubs.
Speaker 2: Quite a quite a variety.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're starting to grow more fruit trees and bigger sizes. Pears plumb I did, Okay, Yeah, we're starting. We got something growing in fifty, We got those growing now in fifteen.
Speaker 2: So we're going to try to produce some thirties.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'll go to forty five gallon size, but we keep on getting requests for them, so for bigger, bigger fruit trees, so I think we'll try it out and then uh, okay, but yeah, pizza been going since seventy nine, that's when it started.
Speaker 1: Good good, well. I always enjoy going by there. One thing I always noticed when I drive up to R C W is there's just there's just color that just jumps out at you and I know, you know, here we are in summertime, Like boogom villas are always looking good. They have been for a long time. There and looking great. But you guys have a lot of really nice color plants, from annuals and perennials to boogom villas and and one of my favorite hibiscus uh is your Cajun series, And I know you guys grow a number of those. I have two different Cajun hibiscus myself, uh that I just love. But that's a that's such an easy plant to grow.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Do you you talked a little bit about hibiscus.
Speaker 3: There's a hundred there's one hundreds of rises cages of the people that DuPont Nursery growths and moving in and they hybrid eyed and hybrid got I mean, I mean it's.
Speaker 2: Like two pages of varieties.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, it's a little overwhelming.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: I'd have to buy my neighbor. I'd have to buy my neighbor's house. Bulldoze the house a way to have room to plant.
Speaker 3: Like the Booging Baby is probably my favorite one of that of that series, but it's it's hard to find.
Speaker 1: We had some in the Baby, Yeah, well I've got some. The thing that caught my caught my eye about him was just the the colors. That's like, oh, I haven't seen that color before, you know, kind of thing in biscus, and it's pretty stunning. But that want to have hibiscus success.
Speaker 3: Well, those high biscuits are traffic by biscuits, so you have to put them in pots or you get to make sure you protect them so they like, you know, occasions seemed to be a little bit better, a little bit of parts shade. They don't they don't dry out as fast and they can do okay in the regular tropical business. But you just got to make sure, you know, you keep me if you can keep them in the pods. You got a water, you know, it depends on the side of the pond. You get a water you know, in this seat daily and then also make sure that you protect them in the wintertime. And you got you know the I like there there's new hybrid, I guess a perennial perennial hyph biscus and the.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 3: The Texas Star have been said that's that's a staple that it comes back every year. And the big series called head over Heels And there's another series I'm not kidding, but it's they make these huge like freeze beside flowers and they die every year and come back.
Speaker 2: I like those lots.
Speaker 3: I like the ones you don't don't and is a great drop bil go ahead, Yeah, the bug bid is a great too. But that's another tropical that you have to protect. And so we we we get some big ones in and you know, some people buy them and then if they freeze, the freeze they come back and replace them. Sometimes they just they wheel them in the garage and protect them. But we've had a huge specimens who still have them, Some big specimens a patio tree shape and then some they're on trollses. Yeah, I mean they provide a lot of color and they like to be they like to be dried out between waterings.
Speaker 1: And uh true.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The brackets on those is what you what your color is.
Speaker 3: Where you usuld color not there's not that's not the real bloom. But they call the brackets the color part.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are. They're so gorgeous and uh I when they're when they're looking their best, it's just it's just amazing the amount of color, the amount of bracts that they put on, it's just stunning. Well, I'll tell you what, let's do this. I got to take a little break here and when we come back, I would like to talk about some tips for tree planting success, tree and shrub for that matter. But we're talking with David Williamson from RCW Nurses and Williamson Tree Farm and we're going to be right back. Folks, don't go away. Well, let's head back out here. We're visiting with David Williamson from RCW Nurses and Williamson Tree Farm this morning. And if you have a question that's related to our conversation David's in my conversation right here, or about RCW or the tree Farm, I feel free to give me a call. Otherwise, hold your calls until nine o'clock and I'll be taking general gardening questions as we always do, starting in the nine o'clock hour. So David, let's talk a little bit about what would you what would you suggest, What would you tell someone would be how you go about planting properly? What are some tips for six us, whether it's planning any time of the year, but especially planning in warm weather.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we play year round. You know, as long as you can maintain water and you're you're okay. But you know, if you go on vacation for a month and don't don't do it in the summertime.
Speaker 2: Just you better off wait until it's cooler.
Speaker 3: But we when we plant, people will tell you the plant, but we've been in it for this way.
Speaker 2: For a while. So we we dig the whole about six inches wider.
Speaker 3: We had native soil, NAT mix up nato soil with black humus to decomposed pine multch and then we mix that into.
Speaker 2: The hole packet type.
Speaker 3: We had microwife into the hole as well, and then we leave the roofol a little bit exposed, and then we create a moat around the outside coming up to the top of the roof all but not over the root all.
Speaker 2: And then we stake it and then we we water in with root activator. And then we recommend you know, in the.
Speaker 3: Summer when we're dry, which we have not been dry this summer, but watering on a new tree in the summertime two or three times a week with you know, either slow trickle hose or get a gator bag and fill that up, you know, and just moderate balls are different throughout Houston, you know the area, and it can it can range from staying to clay soil, so You just got to dig down to see what your water moitures like to determine whether you need you know, how much you need to water it next time. If you do that, you know, for a couple of weeks, check it each time you water that SWI gets you an idea on off in your tree needs it until they get roked out into their soil, they're gonna need, you know, the hand watering. It depends on the size tree you have. Is you know how much?
Speaker 1: But mm hmm, you know that's a that that is good advice. And a lot of times I think folks are thinking, well, it's hot. You can't plant when it's hot. And and mind it's not an an analogy. It's just a fact that I always say about that is so there's a tree sitting at RCW Nursery right now, and you're going to either planet it now or planet in the fall. How is that tree living if it can't make it? I mean, it's not going to be alive now, but it's alive all the way unto a fall. So when you put it in the ground, if it gets what it would have gotten at RCW, and that is watered every day, I don't know if y'all water once or twice a day, but you're keeping the root ball moist. If you put it in the ground and do that, it's going to be fine. In fact even better because it's going to start getting roots in the ground and getting established. And I think the trick is that keeping it moist without just totally making it like an underground bathtub full of water that where roots can't get oxygen. Someone gave me a tip one time. I don't know if you've ever tried this or not, David, but they put a like a inch and a half or whatever PVC pipe straight down to the bottom of the rod ball, uh and uh had I think they drill some holes in it, uh so water could come in from on the bottom or from the sides. But they didn't use it to water. That's where you see that a lot of times. And they didn't use it to water. They used it to check the water. And they would take a dry like a yard stick or one of those little one inch square yard sticks or a dowel or a doubt and stick it down in the pipe to hit the bottom and then pull it back up and they could see like if there was standing water, if there was a water table uh in there. Well then you know, well, let's not drown the roots. I don't know if what you think about that, but that's that made a lot of sense to me, Like you're not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have not we don't even do that.
Speaker 3: There's sight too, so you put them in there so you can check your mos your water, you know, but they're you definitely, I mean to you away of mods to the water at the bottom and make sure it's not sitting in water, because you know that's that's a big issue in clay holes.
Speaker 2: Yes, so it is.
Speaker 3: It is a good idea, but we don't we don't do it only install trees. But it is a good idea to do. I think actually that if you especially, I can find a lot of them.
Speaker 1: And you guys carry some of the stuff that you recommend. Some of the stuff you mentioned, uh you know as far as like roots stimulator or you mentioned microlife fertilizers and things. Tell a little bit about what you guys have on hand. Then when someone gets a tree, if they need, if they wanted, they could get some supplies to go with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what we we use the philandscaper's pride block humus. We we've been using it for years and it's just a really good amendment to the soul. And then we had the Microlife the green label, and then we use a product by Carlpool called Carlpool Rod Activator and we sell it from pines to gallons to in that gallons and we also let people know that they can come back and refill those at a cheaper price. So we recommend doing that rot actator once a month for the first year encourage the root growth. So that's pretty much our tree kit. And we also have a large pole tree large poole for you was strapping to state trees if it's necessary.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm sorry. Go ahead. We've got a delay that's making it hard for us to talk, but let's just fight through it. Go ahead and finish what you were saying.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 3: Now we sell a kid for the homeowner to if we want to plant themselves and give them complete destructions on how to plant it out of water and how to take care of it. And when courage hope they have issues with trees, you know, just email us, you know, and so we you know, we can look at it seat so we can diagnose what's going on try to catch it.
Speaker 2: Before it's too late. So okay, but not.
Speaker 3: Of the trees that that do die because of either too much lot of water, and that's the biggest cause.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, very good. Now you mentioned something. You mentioned the term gator bag, and for those of you listening that aren't familiar with what is that, just think of a bag almost kind of a tall, triangular kind of thing that goes around the trunk, but you fill it with water, but it leaks out of the bottom like a little drip irrigation system. And so the nice thing about that is if you try to put a hose on the ground, it tends to run off the surface, and with a gator bag, you get a nice slow soak end that goes right down into that root zone. And one final tip too, is remember where the tree roots are when you plant them. They're still in the cylinder you put in the ground cylinder of roots that came out of the pot, and they're going to be pretty much there for a while. And so while they do venture out and you'll widen your watering area, the primary spot is that cylinder, especially in the first few weeks that you're taking care of the tree. And I don't know if you want to add anything to that, David or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they make several much of those those water bags. This one of the tree they catered. The tree bags that catered they called gator bag. They goes up on the tree. And they have also had low profile gat water bags. And uh, our last spinner we were buying from quit selling them, so I've got to find a new source. But I've been telling people go to Amazon and get the the twenty gallon bags, to get the to get the ones I like the low profile versus the ones go on the trunk, up so high on the trunk, but they do good.
Speaker 1: Is that the Is that the one that looks like a little flat doughnut laying on the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well good, all right. There's some tips there on planting the tree. Uh that's excellent. And and we we've been talking trees, but the same as tree with shrubs or both wooding ornamentals, and they both need to be to be kept moist in the root system and you can plant them. Now, now's a fine time to go ahead and get that done too. So, uh, when you're when you are looking at established trees. Do you have any tips on like watering. Let's say someone's had a tree and it's been in for a year or two or three or five. Uh, any tips on general watering of those trees because the roots aren't all in that cylinder still.
Speaker 3: No, they've they've definitely broadened out. So I tell people to try to water, you know, to drip wine. It's you know, especially if we're in a drought and we're not getting adequate water, you know, with the with the rain and irrigation, you might have to go something that with the you know, the hose drip around the tree, you know, but we put on a slow drip and move it around the drip line to give it, you know, five to minutes, you know, move it around the whole perimeter to so that trees getting some water depends on how big it is. Okay, So going run out to finding something in any one of them. We're not the irrigation systems not providing are the rain?
Speaker 1: So okay, but you guys have been I've got about David, I've got about a two minutes here before I have an absolute hard break. But you guys have been planning and growing trees for many many years, and I'd like to hear what are some of your favorite trees? Like, if someone your neighbor walks over and says, I'm wanting to put a new tree in, can you give me three that you think they ought to consider. Well, we'll continue on after the break, but what are what are three that you think would be top choices?
Speaker 3: The German red maple, one legro of San Silite probably one of my favorites. I like the schue mart and not all oaks a lot, and I like the white oak, some of my favorites as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, I uh yeah, so for're smaller, Okay, good, I am.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry about this delay. We are still trying to figure out how to fix it. Uh. You mentioned the sem Felipe. Tell me some things about sam Felipe that you like better than other red maples that are out there.
Speaker 3: It's a druman red maple that was found off of Santanapea Road and they we just been plunging it, propagating. It hits a female and they come out with those little samaras in the early spring, really bright red and it all good fall color. And they grow probably two or three for a year. Okay, I like because they're fast growing and they and they add some a little bit of color to your yard as well, and they'll get fifty three feet tall and they provide a lot of ship.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a that's a good good size, good sized tree. That's nice good shade tree. Well, thank you for that. As you usual, we just get going. Time flies when you're having fun, and I've got to go to a hard break right here. We're going to come back with David Williamson from RCW Nursier and Williamson Tree Farm. If you've got a question regarding planting trees or some of the things we're talking about, feel free we'll get David involved here on it. If it's a general gardening question, just hang on and at nine o'clock I'll be back answering general gardening questions. But don't go away. We've got plenty of interesting things to talk about with David Williamson. We are talking with David Williamson of RCW nurseres and Williamson Tree Farm this morning talking about plants, basically summer planting and some of the favorite trees and species and things. I want to bring David back on now. David Good to be back with you. Do you have some shrubs that you think people ought to consider more in the planting options? You know, what are some maybe some favorites of yours or some things that you think maybe ought to be utilized a little bit more. And when it comes to shrubs, whether it's for screaming or just for a beautiful flowering shrub or kind of wide open, what are some favorites of yours?
Speaker 3: I mean for privacy, I like I like the Hollys, the Eagleston Hollies, the Oakland Hollies, the Robin Hollis. Those are all good for probably c r accent trees as well. I really like the sunshiny cushum. I know it's used a lot, but I mean when I like, when you you let that go naturally, it's really a good yellow It gets, you know, six foot tall if you let it. I also like illi agnuses some of the shrubs, so I like the Martini olive illiagnists a lot. It's got a yellow screen irrigation to it. I think it's it's I think it's an easy, low maintenance plant that's uh add some contrasts in color to the yard.
Speaker 2: And I like the Pineapa gualba still.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, the twenty one freeze did damage them a little bit, but they still a great plant. Yeah, I got that gray spree foliage.
Speaker 2: And I like wax sparles. To what else do I like? I like?
Speaker 3: I like sweet allars, not a lot of them, just poradically for for blooms. For the smell m because it's so much for your free yard is incredible, and.
Speaker 1: I know, and you know, the funny the funny thing about it is you you're trying to look around and see where is that smell coming from because the blooms are so tiny, you know, I know.
Speaker 3: But they they're small, but they they produce a powerful paunch of fragrance. That's pretty amazing. I also like the uh, the the different burns too. Some some of the viburnams sleet viburnum. Uh it is a good evergreen, a large leaf one uh, the sandangles, another good one, the thicker leaf. And then there's a spring bouquets more a dwarf variety. It's another good by Burnham.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: Let's see. I like to sages.
Speaker 3: I so I call it yeah green leaves and these different companies keep on coming up with a new ride of stage Desperado. And then they have another one that's a white woman when they just came out to remember the name of that one.
Speaker 2: That's really cool.
Speaker 3: San Antonio stage is really pretty. There's a lot of great types of stage. They like, you know, you don't do well in a dry area, but they also do regular and do well in a regular flower bed.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm okay, And I also like this just there's good drainage, right, that's.
Speaker 3: The main thing. They're drainage. They don't like wet seed. And then there's a growth pond that we're growing called that we've been buying and growing, but it's called Taylor Rudolph Fielpon. It's a dwarf field pond. It gets red berries. Looks similar to its regular field pond, but it has a little bit a little bit different look, but they get red berries in the winter time.
Speaker 2: It was the dwarfed Rudolph. Uh, Taylor Rudolph.
Speaker 1: I have not seen them, okay field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a love doug plant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Well, I like all those ideas. Those are those are wonderful and uh, you know, you get a good foundation of shrubs especially a lot of those you mentioned are evergreens, and they give you that year round foundation that then you can create around, uh, build that beautiful, beautiful uh property that everybody wants to have. We all want to have, right, So that's kind of cool, can can you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: When when it comes to woody ornamentals, trees and shrubs and things, well, actually, let me let me broaden it a little bit. I don't want to limit to just that. What are some some new things that and when I say new, you know, the last five years is legit or ten?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: What are some new plants that are out there in the garden center? And I'm gonna throw one out that I have seen and it's just like a showstopper, and that's Hearts of Fire red bud. Would you discuss that one? But also any other kinds of fairly new things on the market that people may not be aware of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the red bud market's gone crazy, But the Hearts of Fire it's got that sort of a yellowish green to an orange color variegation when it comes out in new growth, and the color stays pretty good to the summer.
Speaker 2: It stays a little bit.
Speaker 3: And also, you know the Rising Sun, and another good or truce yellow flower, yellow foliage. It comes out and brings up in the summertime. Another one called rise and Shine, and then they have several of red varieties, more low fur arts. I can't think of vision there's another one. There's so many red buds out there that have come out with Yeah, black pearl, black curls and my favorite ones.
Speaker 1: So oh it is okay, and it does it hold the color pretty well in the heat.
Speaker 2: It holds a color really well in the heat.
Speaker 3: Surprise. We got a bunch of them growing and as a farm in fifteen and thirties, and it's, uh, I'm surprised how well it's done compared.
Speaker 2: To the other red ones like them are.
Speaker 3: Low the earlier ones in the what's the other one that came out?
Speaker 2: But yeah, you got me?
Speaker 3: Got me think I'm thinking of red but now what I so.
Speaker 1: Well, those are all those are great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, forest pants at the original red leaf point of It's amazing how much.
Speaker 2: Stay hold a red color really well. In the hearts of fire.
Speaker 3: There's also one flamethrower, but the flamethrost will have got I can't find it really that much more. It's been kicked out because the hearts of fire.
Speaker 2: It does better.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, our landscape has become a sea of green in the summer. Green grass, green trees, green groundcovers, green shrubs and greens are pretty color. But it's so nice to have color other than what blooms in summer. We do have blooms for summer, but not like spring. But when you have something like these red buds, even the even the rising sun that the color is kind of a yellow short treuse looking orange yellow short treuse looking colors. Uh, it's still a color that's outside that sea of green. And I think those are really cool to add. Keeps your keep looking good even when blooms are harder to come by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do that as well as the understory tree. And the rising sun seems to take more sun. You know, they all take sun, but the writing Sun just really holds up in the heat the first two years and than the other red buds.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's good to know too. Hey. Uh well, hash time flies. Uh we gotta go to another break. We'll come back. Got David H. Williamson from r CW Nurses and Williamson Tree Farm with us. We're talking all kinds of things. We're gonna talk some other new plants as we come back here. Stay tuned, don't go away. Wealk back to garden line and have you with us, and we are visiting with David Williamson from Williamson Tree Farm and r c W Nurseries. Now I've been talking all kinds of things, plants, new plants, how to take care of trees, h all sorts of things. Let's head back here and get David back on the line with us. Hey David, uh so, uh are there are there? Could you tell us anything about new or upcoming things. Maybe it's some new materials that you have there on site, plants or things that you just want to mention, or upcoming plans and activities there at RCW Nursery.
Speaker 3: Well r c W and we we constantly get a new stuff, but I know for us, we've been focused on getting our We're going to create a nursery called Williamson Family Gardens in.
Speaker 2: Front of a tree farm.
Speaker 3: It's going to be tapping. My wife has done most of this, but she's We've got a house into the sales off tear shop and then we're going to set up a retail up there an event center. That's the biggest thing we've been working on recently. Hopefully by November will be open. We already sell retail up there, but it's a company.
Speaker 2: Word of mouth.
Speaker 3: So that's our biggest, uh biggest thing going on with us. As far as a right plants and trees, I'm always trying new things. I don't know about. You know that El Nino or l Nino.
Speaker 2: Desert willow? I guess a combo, but it's a have you seen that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that the is that the cross or is it just strictly desert willow? Does that have Chatapa in it? Or is it just desert willow?
Speaker 3: It's I think it's across, but it's the only posted you know.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it. I keep hearing about it though.
Speaker 3: It's the miniature hybrid tree desert willow katap across and it blooms profusely. And I had I had a handful I brought in and and two gallons. They are probably eight foot tall for a two gallon And I said, what did you huge? And they bloomed beautifully. But I'm trying to get some of those so I can grow more of those. Are the tree farmers. I mean, it's gonna be a good tree, small medium tree.
Speaker 1: For our yards. I gotta I gotta try that out. I'm gonna have to go on line and look at it. You said, and you called it. Tell me again, please.
Speaker 2: El Nino Desert orchid tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna be at A'll be at t n l A and I bet i'll see some there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely will.
Speaker 3: I think it's I can't remember who brought it out. I can't remember. There's so many different people that advertise proven winners.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, proven winners with a woody ornamental. Okay, cool? Yeah, yeah, Hey, David, we got a question. We've got a collar with a question here that maybe it may stump us, but we're gonna we're gonna give it a shot here. Uh, this is Martha from Kingwood. Hey, Martha, welcome to garden and Williamson.
Speaker 2: Hi, Well, thank you.
Speaker 5: I have been looking and I think I bought the tree at Mercer during their sail in the spring. And it's called a pomp palm orchid and it's white and the butterflies absolutely love it. So I'm wondering if you carry that. I understand it's you know, a lot of places do, but I haven't been able to find one.
Speaker 3: I assume that the ball, honey, some variety. Yeah, we've carried some of those, but whilst time I have not, I've gotten in any any recently. There is a who have them besides Barbara, I mean Mercer. I read them barbart Gate might have them and then yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You have to check around it.
Speaker 3: But nursery, what's the what's the nurse what's the nursery thing?
Speaker 2: What? They may have some there.
Speaker 1: Too, were in southern gardens. May be talking about the anacacha, the anacacha orchid tree. But any litoides that sounds a little bit like that. That's our best shot. Martha. Martha's still there with us.
Speaker 5: When I look on the uh leaps to identify it, calls it a pump pum orchid.
Speaker 1: Well that's a trade trade name. Yeah, let me ask you this, Martha.
Speaker 6: To the leaves, are the leaves like two two leaves that are fused together, kind of two ovals that you put together, kind of like a cow's hoof would look like or something like that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: They remind me a little bit of a red bud leaf, but not as sick, you know they're all right, yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna I'm gonna put you on hold. I want you to get my email from my producer and send me some pictures up close of the blooms and the leaves, and I'll help you going forward from that. But thank you very much for your call, So, David, any closing thoughts. But by the way, I'm really excited to hear about you guys doing the Williamson family gardens up there in the Plannersville area. Do you want to talk about availability of the tree farm for folks to stop in. Do you have some you know, certain days or hours that you're doing it, because I know you're primarily wholesale up there, but I think you mentioned just a minute ago that you'll do some sales from there.
Speaker 3: I'm doing by appointment only in the springtime.
Speaker 2: But no, come up.
Speaker 3: We're open seven and sixty eight a week there money through Saturday, and then we the guy through good Luck from twelve to one. So well, going to show you around. You know, fifty acres in production and lots of look.
Speaker 1: At wow, fifty acres of trees. Okay, I may need to let you go so you can get back to work fifty tree. Well that's good. Well, uh, by the way, I just have to throw I have to give you a little bit of a hard time here. You said that your wife was working on getting the wims and family gardens up and going. I thought your wife was who did all the work at RCW Nurseries too, am I right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she does that, she does that too, but she's she's been trying to get this shit.
Speaker 2: The farm going. Yeah. Well that's that's cool. Think's been pushing it.
Speaker 1: That's exciting. All right. Well, so before we before we run here, I just wanted to throw out any other particular plants or things, you know. I know you guys really focus in the spring on roses, but you have roses year round and you have such a great selection of them. Any you know, come in any about about the roses and maybe.
Speaker 3: Got umber road to they're they're all on sale to right now. The all the hybrid t that's four Bundanes, all the ones that we have from the spring that are left.
Speaker 2: Thanks. I still like the first prize, Double Delights and.
Speaker 3: Probably my favorite favorite roses, Fragrant Cloud another one. I like those older ones, my my my favorite roses. But roses take a lot of work. You gotta have you gotta have patients for them.
Speaker 1: Yes they do, but I'm telling you it's a cult people.
Speaker 3: And this five lady teams, she's from rosa Ide and I think she had over one hundred and fifty two hundred. Maybe it's been closer to two hundred variety of roses on our property. Holy cow, that preparation alone.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to go see that, but I don't want to be put to work because that is something well, you know, that's how it is with plants. You know, we we we find plants and there's a whole plant society created about them, whether it's Plumeria's Society or the Rose Society or all kinds of plants like that. That's one of the fun things about plants is you can you can really get into the deep end.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a lot of fun. That's good. Well, it has been great, you know, having you And thanks so much David for spending time with us on the phone today. If you guys are interested, uh, we tell a little bit about your hours there and location for RCW nurseries before we go.
Speaker 3: RW is open seven days a week. Right now, we're at seven to four money through Friday, eight to five on Saturday, and ten to five on Sunday.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, something to do there every day. Thank you so much, David. I appreciate you being on. Well, that was fun, a lot of cool, and I learned a couple of things to myself there as we went through. Well, we're gonna put this one into the news here in just a second, and I will be back for the nine o'clock hour. If you've got gardening questions, I see, we got some folks coming up here. Gym in a task Casita. You're gonna be our first up when we come back, and we will continue on here with garden line.
Speaker 2: Be right back