Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis, and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Oh and it is a great time to be an American. My goodness. Last night the just one of the greatest things I've ever seen in so many different ways. And a part of it was it was funny, right, it was entertaining, but at the same time so important and so moving with some of these human stories, and then so great for America because not only was was the Trump side and the GOP side being great, but the Democrats were so obviously awful and small and bitter, beer face and negative and wouldn't even stand for a thirteen year old boy with brain cancer who happened to be black. I mean, it was just so revealing as to what the modern Democratic Party has become. So we got that going for us and some great sound from last night that will and a lot of time on in this hour. And then also today we have the hearing with Lawless Mike Johnston and other Sanctuary City mayors up on the hill, and hey, I was wrong about this to a point. You know, I thought that because of this terrible format, and it is a terrible format, the questioner, you know, you could exoom Clarence Darrow and you know, and you give them five minutes and there's no judge to enforce the witness. Hey, yeah, there's only so much you can do. But I thought the questioners did a very good job with the time they had, including Congressome and Bobert. And I knew that they would, But what I was surprised by is they were able to get so many good gems like Congressome and Bobert. I think had this brilliant line of questioning where she just pinned Johnston down on Okay, you know, you say you can't do this or that because of Colorado laws that say you're not allowed to cooperate with law enforcement on illegal immigrants who've committed other crimes. But hey, join me, let's do a with those laws. Brilliant line of questioning.
Speaker 2: So, mister Mayor, would you join me today and calling and demanding that these sanctuary policies, these Colorado state laws be repealed.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Congresswoman, mister Mayor, yes or no, will you join me.
Speaker 3: I do not believe that detaier lot needs to be changed, so I can tell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 1: And this has lasting value because every time now as mayor Kennedy for governor whatever, he pops up and so, oh state laws. Oh well, but you want these state laws, you support these state laws. You won't try to change these state laws. So it just brings us back to for reasons we've discussed, undeniably Johnston and these other deems in power. They put people who are here I legally you have committed other crimes and actually found themselves in a jail cell. They put the interests of those people over the interest of everybody else, everybody here legally, at everybody here illegally. They put the interest of folks here illegally have committed other crimes above everybody else. That's the undeniable reality, and that's one of the major reasons America is turning against the Democrats eight five four zero five A two five five three oh three seven one three eight two five five. An easier version of that text d an five seven seven three nine. My solution, Hey, let's just pass up federal law that allows these sanctuary cities to be sued for damage done, harm caused by folks here illegally. And listen, I'm the first to say, and it's true, some of the finest people I have ever known in my life are here illegally. That doesn't mean that the border should be opened, That doesn't mean our law shouldn't be enforced. It just means that there are a lot of good humans who came here illegally. Yeah, and it shouldn't have been allowed to I get it. But at the same time, there are a lot of folks here illegally who are absolutely hardened criminals, a mortar threat to society every and go wake in a moment. And that's because Mike Johnston and the whole rest of the left supported keeping that border open to get him in here, because they were looking for future votes and if there's in present votes, right, I mean, just look at the bill. Look at the bill, hey, ca and Luper and Bennett are pushing to say, ICE can't detain somebody here illegally. Ice cannot detain somebody here illegally who has committed another crime. What would be the proper reading of the bill at a polling place.
Speaker 4: So this bill.
Speaker 1: Actually says ICE cannot detain somebody here illegally at a polling place. I don't think at this point there's any doubt about what their motives are for all of this madness. So we'll get to text, we'll get to calls as well. But my goodness, sound is king right? There is so much great sound. Let me get to some sound of Congressman Gabe Evans, who's just doing a great job and really establishing himself very quickly.
Speaker 5: Because of the second item that we're going to display here, which is the standard FBI fingerprint card, something that I've filled out for over a decade when I was a police officer, which has those items as mandatory fields, uh, location of birth and then the citizenship. And so I've heard being a cop in the Denver metro area that police officers in Denver are are being told not to fill out those mandatory fields in the FBI fingerprint card, which could potentially indicate why you're unsure of how many of these crimes are being committed by illegal immigrants in your city. So the second question is will you allow Denver police officers to fill out all of the information on FBI fingerprint card to including asking foreign recording the citizenship status.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Congressman. Right now, under city ordinance, we do not ask someone's status of contact, and that does not prejudice in any way our prosecution.
Speaker 4: We believe it doesn't matter. We're saying from thank you, mister.
Speaker 5: So you're not fiss so you're not filling out the FBI fingerprint card required.
Speaker 3: Right now, we are filling out information when folks arrive, and none of that information prevents us from prosecuting them to the full extent of the law, which is.
Speaker 6: What we do.
Speaker 5: Thank you, mister mayor so not filling out the FBI fingerprint card, which would directly contradict your statement that you want people who are illegally present in the country and committing crimes to be held to account for those crimes. And I think that these statistics that we've gone through in the space of crime show why Denver is specifically cratering in their public safety statistics as compared to major cities around the country.
Speaker 4: Actually false.
Speaker 5: I ensure you my statistics, and as a police officer, I am here to make sure that we are uplifting the voices of the victims of these crimes who are being taken advantage of in communities that provide sanctuary to dangerous illegal criminal gangs like Trendy Argua.
Speaker 1: Which your jail release.
Speaker 5: Just last week we talked about somebody back into the community. We must take care of our victims. I've brought legislation, the Uplift Act, to focus on this. We're here to protect the victims. And Mayor I would ask you to join me on that.
Speaker 1: Remarkable what you'll back? What do you think? And John say, it's amazing all of these elected democrats in Colorado, they these statewide ones, a lot of local ones. I don't know. They just say blatantly false stuff without blinking an eye, right, I mean, the truth it appears just doesn't matter to them. But here's the point, and Gabe made a great point Congressman Evans, which is that they don't want to know, okay, that that the left in power, including in Denver, they don't want to know whether somebody who's just committed this rape, this murder, this child abuse. They don't want to know if they're here illegally so they can then be make sure they're out of the country once they get out of jail. They don't even want to know that. There's only one reason you don't want to know that, right, because you want to protect those people here illegally who have just committed that rape, or committed that murder, or committed that other offense. You would you would want to know that, wouldn't you, And by missing something here, you would want to know that. You would want to fully cooperate with the Feds so that this person, when they eventually got out of jail for the crime, you made sure they got out of the country. If I am misunderstanding some part of this procedure, please let me know. But the way I understood that questioning yeah, you had Johnston saying yeah, no, we're not going to gather that information.
Speaker 7: There's a big difference, Dan, between the group of people you were describing earlier. They're here illegally, maybe they cut some corners, they paid a coyote for whatever reason. They didn't come in it legally, which I got a problem with right out of the gate. But then there are those who came here illegally, Dan, on purpose and the fact that you don't have a database and you don't want to know the legal status of these immigrants that are here and they're not even immigrants. They're criminals who came here illegally, purposefully, and they're going to commit crimes here.
Speaker 4: They were not vetted at the border.
Speaker 7: They could have an extensive criminal history in their past, but Mike Johnston doesn't want to know that. And if he did know it, of course you'd want to deport that person. But Gabe Evans set the trap for him and he fell.
Speaker 1: He did a beautiful job with that. And listen, I'm not suggesting that if some person's a victim of a crime and they call the police, you find out their immigration status or anything like that. What I'm saying is it is a betrayal. It is a flat out betrayal of the people of Colorado, the people of Denver, the people you're elected to serve. When somebody is arrested for a serious crime and you do not find out their immigration status so you can determine if they're here illegally and make sure that after they serve their time, they're sent out of the country, that is a betrayal. You're on the dan Kapla.
Speaker 4: Show and now back to the Dankaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Sure night.
Speaker 8: Since taking office, my administration has launched the most sweeping border and immigration crackdown in American history, and we achieved the lowest numbers of illegal border crosses.
Speaker 1: Doesn't get any better than this recorded thank you here it comes.
Speaker 4: The media and our friends in.
Speaker 8: The Democrat Party kept saying we needed new legislation, We must have legislation to secure the border. But it turned out that all we really needed was a new president.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I loved the dramatic pause right before them. What a great line, because it is true. It's obviously true, and it busted all of them, Bennett Hick and Luther Johnson and Polis, all of them were telling that lie. Oh no, no, no, that the reason the border's wide open is we didn't get this extra bill we wanted. Nope, Trump proved it. All they needed was a new president. Eerie, Mike, we have missed, Eerie. Welcome back to the den Caplis Show.
Speaker 9: Oh, thank Dan. I hope you're well.
Speaker 1: I'm living the dream, my friend.
Speaker 9: Great Hey, I've been thinking about you last week or ten days, because I've heard you comment a number of times about your your perspective of Vladimir Putin and his being evil.
Speaker 1: I think of the words you understatement, and I'm just kind of understatement.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, good. So I'm just kind of curious how you've been kind of taking the last week or ten days with the presidents seemingly siding with personified evil in his comments to Lelensky and other, you know, statements that he's made recently that basically indicate that he's just repeating Putin's.
Speaker 1: The problem is your premise is fatally flawed, as you knew before you called. And so that the proof that he's not siding with evil but he's trying to protect the innocent from evil is that, Let's see, evil invaded Ukraine when Obama was president. Then evil took four years off from invading Ukraine, what a coincidence while Trump was president, and then evil raped and pillaged Ukraine when Biden was president. So it's the opposite of your premise. The repellent to evil is Donald Trump and the way that Trump manages Putin. You know, I trust Trump to manage him in whatever way he needs to to protect the innocent from the evil of Vladimir Putin, and he did it very effectively in those four years.
Speaker 9: So the fact that he said he told Zelenski that he that they invaded, they started the war. You don't find a problem with that.
Speaker 1: Oh I did, And I said so at the time, and yeah, that's not true. And I don't think Trump meant to say that. I thought he walked it back later. But no, that's not true.
Speaker 9: So how can you take that any other way than his fighting with Putin?
Speaker 1: Well, again, go back to what I showed. You're talking about Trump in a moment of anger, when Zolensky has now lashed out of Trump publicly. You're talking about Trump saying something that obviously wasn't true and was said in a moment of anger, and I thought walk back later. What I have is my evidence that far outwaysiers is that wait a second, when Trump was president, Putin was in Czech Putin didn't go into Ukraine. Trump was able to use his relationship with Putin in order to protect the innocent people of Ukraine. Under your Democrat allies, the innocent people of Ukraine got raped and pillaged. Which do you want to choose here, Mike.
Speaker 9: His relationship with Putin helped Ukraine, his relationship for all hell, Yes, set up there and said, you know, it's interesting, you can say that, Dan, because we know the elephants invade Ukraine either.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh my lord, Michael, come on, do not resort to that. You're embarrassing yourself. Please, you're embarrassing yourself. So your your premise here, Michael. Your premise is that it was a mere coincidence that Putin invaded Ukraine under Obama, didn't invade Ukraine under Trump, and then invaded Ukraine again under Biden. That's all a coincidence in Mike's world.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 9: Do you think there might be other.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's it, Mike.
Speaker 9: Come on, that's well, give them to.
Speaker 1: Us, give them to us, give them to us. Your theory is that's a coincidence. So tell us, tell us what caused that four year that four year gap in raping and pillaging the people of Ukraine, other than the presidency of Donald Trump. Listen, Trump proved he had an approached that worked in managing Putin. You can't handle it, that's okay. But he proved he has an approach I think put his satan on earth. Oh my god, go away here. We're done with him approaching him on his knees. Blank. You come on, Mike, you're better than that. If you want to have an adult conversation called this show, but that means a direct give and take.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 1: I don't duck anybody. Thirty years on air, whatever it's been, twenty eight thirty two, I've never ducked anybody. I give direct answers, and the listeners deserve the same from people who challenge me. Hey, Eric called me right, What time do he call?
Speaker 4: Ryan?
Speaker 1: He probably called about four or five today to say, Dan, you were wrong about what was going to happen on the Hill today, and you know what, You're right, And I acknowledge that, and I'm glad I was wrong. I don't hide from anybody. But if you're going to call this show and Sam wrong, then you got to give direct answers garbage. Why is it, Ryan? Why is it that people on the left cannot handle the fact that Trump's approach to Putin works in protecting innocent people from Satan on Earth in the form of Vladimer Putin.
Speaker 7: Well, what an intellectually dishonest person like Eerie Mike can't seem to square is that if Vladimir Putin truly viewed Donald Trump as a patsy, as a puppet, as somebody could push around and walk over. Why the hell didn't he go into Ukraine during those four entire years.
Speaker 4: He doesn't even offer alternative theory.
Speaker 1: Though, No he doesn't. I always say so. Then he applies some sex act. No, I mean, listen, but that's how broken the left is. And I like Mike, and I like that he calls to disagree. But Donald Trump has broken their minds. He's broken their brains, and so they resort to stuff like that. No, that that that the reality is clear. Trump hasn't approached that works. He's the first American president in modern times who's had an approach that works to Putin. What's interesting is.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the past.
Speaker 1: I've really become enamored of Putin and and you know, George Bush driving them around their edge. And I'm not being critical and all that, but but you know at Baraco, but you have a lot of American presidents from both parties have been enamored of Putin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you said, I looked into his eyes and saw a soul.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But but Donald Trump has been able to manage him. And and that's how about the left can handle.
Speaker 7: About to eerie Mike, I'm really ticked off about his just like an intellectual dishonesty. Sergei Lavrov stood right there in the White House and Hillary Clinton, then Secretary of State, held up a reset button.
Speaker 4: Why is that eerie, Mike?
Speaker 7: Why are they continuing to try to reboot UH relations with Russia?
Speaker 4: And Barack Obama in.
Speaker 7: A debate with Mitt Romney told him the eighties called and wanted their foreign policy back.
Speaker 1: And the beautiful thing is that people are seeing it. The people can see it, so hey, we're gonna have a lot of fun. We're gonna keep having a lot of fun when we come back. One of the greatest political speeches ever last night. I can't even call it a speech. Experiences political experiences last night with Trump shining the way he did in the Democrats just embarrassing themselves the way they did so small so bitter beer face wouldn't even clap for the thirteen year old with brain cancer who happened to be African American. Will play a lot of that sounding more on The Dan Kapsla Show is MSNBC.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I just look at the bingo.
Speaker 4: Signs were killing me.
Speaker 11: I don't know who thought up the bingo size, but they should be fired Michael.
Speaker 12: This is an indictment, in my opinion, on the Democratic leadership.
Speaker 1: That that's MSNBC and and they're sitting there talking about how awful the Democrats were last night. That's why this was one of the greatest nights in American political history, because Trump and the GOP shined, and the Democrats were just small and bitter, beer face and awful. And that's all we need, right, because that is the big separation. Each time you can flip a vote, it's like it's worth two, right, and so this is huge. That was what a great night. And you know this goes to a texture. He says Dan, I've done some comedy writing and stand up comedy. I don't think people realize how truly perfect Donald Trump's timing is. His dead pan humor cracks me up. He is so good. And I was telling Ryan last night, you know, I'm down in the cave. I'm doing some trial prep. Amy in her longtime lifetime friend Carrie her upstairs and separate floors for Trump's stuff, and I was laughing so hard. Eventually she just says, is everything okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was laughing so hard, like how many times, maybe ten times? During that thing. Yeah, that was beautiful, So we'll play some of that sound as well. I do want to get packed to the phone lines also, but let me mix in some of this great trump sound. I'll get back to and we'll do more tomorrow of lawless Mike Johnston being questioned on the Hill today. Great job by gave Gave Evans and Jeff Hurd and Congressman Bobert who joined us at four point thirty six. Let's fly out to how about Rick and Boone? You're on the Dan Kapli Show.
Speaker 6: Welcome Ricky Dan.
Speaker 1: I am living the dream. How about you?
Speaker 10: Oh so much?
Speaker 4: Rick?
Speaker 1: Can you do me a big favorite? Oh yeah, because I know you're taking good care of the herd right now? Can you give me one second, my friend, because we have a chance to do a quick drop with my good friend Christy Burton Brown, and they've got something really interesting going with the ballot issue, and I just want to get make sure every but he's aware of it and helps out, and then we'll get back to our friend Rick and Boone, who is such a great insight into well a lot of things. Really. Hey, Christy Burton Brown, welcome back to the Dan Caplis show.
Speaker 12: Hey, Dan, thank you, yeah.
Speaker 1: And thanks for being here. And by the way, I started trial a week from Monday, and Christy is going to be covering some of those shows as well, so you have a chance to get her to yourself for two full hours. So what do you guys have cooking?
Speaker 12: Well, Dan, we are all over this immigration issue with Colorado being a sanctuary state then being a sanctuary city, as was exposed by Mayor Constin today up at the congressional hearing, and we submitted a ballot measure, actually we did it a couple of weeks ago that would change Colorado sanctuary state status and require law enforcement, both at the state and local levels to notify the Department of fun Land Security when they charge or someventy two hours before they release violent criminals and repeat felons, something we all be able to agree off.
Speaker 1: Boy, you would think, so, I've got a belief. What don't you think, Christie? Any of these ballot issues are going to pass by a bunch?
Speaker 12: Oh, I think something like this would easily pass because they even have Gonor Poulis, may Or Johnston Congressman Crow claiming that they agree with violent criminals being deported like they want to cooperate with Ice. Now, of course Coronel law doesn't allow them to. So I think that's the hard thing is they're telling the public and acting as if Colorado is cooperating with ICE when it comes to violent criminals, but they're not. And we see this with the TDA gang member who was just released onto the streets in Denver.
Speaker 9: Ice was given a ninety.
Speaker 12: Minute you know, prior to male notifications that this guy was being released, when they have requested forty eight hours.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they get him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jim Jordan got after that today.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll place some of that on the street. But Christy, I've got to believe any of these ballot measures, this ballot measure you're talking to about, I've got to believe it's going to pass by a mile and it's going to reveal, smoke out and reveal the left in Colorado, all these elected leftists.
Speaker 6: In the meantime, Again, I think you're right.
Speaker 12: I mean, I actually was able to talk to a Democrat voter in Denver the other day, a dad close to my age who's raising a family in Denver, and even said, hey, I'm a Democrat, but what is happening in our city, with crime, with illegal immigration, and with the people in charge.
Speaker 6: Of not stopping this.
Speaker 12: He's like, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to change this end.
Speaker 9: Up coming from a Democrat.
Speaker 1: Oh, how people feel?
Speaker 12: Who's living here?
Speaker 1: Listen? Listen? People love their kids more than they love their political jersey right and so yeah, and they love their wife and they love their husband more than all of that. So I love what you're doing. How can people contribute to this?
Speaker 12: Well, anyone can check us out Advancecolorado dot org. We have information about what we're working on. We have a C three arm that educates the public, and anyone can donate to that anytime they want. And then, you know, I mean, we're just starting the ballot measure process.
Speaker 6: It takes.
Speaker 9: You can't actually run.
Speaker 12: This on the ballot until twenty six. We need a lot of people helping and getting involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, bekase, yeah, right, with all the signatures and all that. And then I assume you'll be talking about it more when you host the show while I'm in trial. Yes, I can definitely do that. Wonderful. Well, Hey, thank you for the time tonight.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: Doctor.
Speaker 4: Later, you take care of.
Speaker 1: That is Christy Burton Brown from Advanced to Colorado. Let's go back out to the ranch and talk to Rick. Thank you Rick for your patience. Now I've lost track of the time because I'm in trial prep mode. Now, when do the calves get born? Say again, when do the calves get born? Isn't this like and I grew up in the city, But isn't this like cow calf time? Right now?
Speaker 11: Different people do different times. Okay, Oh I see, Okay, we're getting started. We're getting started right now. Okay, early little come on strown here in the months in April.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, what did you make of the president's speech last night?
Speaker 9: Oh? Man?
Speaker 5: I just.
Speaker 11: Have you ever seen Men in Black where Tommy Lee Jones hits that one ali in the head with his little.
Speaker 10: Gun and the head explodes and then he grows one back.
Speaker 11: That's what these these uh talking heads and politicians are doing. I mean, every phrase or two, they grow a new head because a head explosed and it grows back and exposed again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 10: It's so much fun.
Speaker 11: I'm having so much fum.
Speaker 10: What did this evolve?
Speaker 1: What was your favorite moment last night?
Speaker 13: He's talking about immigration in the border and what was like chess one, turns out all we needed was a new preble.
Speaker 1: We needed was the new president. Yeah, that that was a beautiful one. We played that about twenty times this afternoon. But you know what, I never get tired of it, so let's do it again.
Speaker 8: Since taking office, my administration has launched the most sweeping border and immigration crackdown in American history, and we quickly achieved the lowest numbers of illegal border crosses ever recorded.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 8: The media and our friends in the Democrat Party kept saying we needed new legislation.
Speaker 4: We must have.
Speaker 8: Legislation to secure the border. But it turned out that all we really needed was a new president.
Speaker 4: Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 9: Rep? Y?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: That was pretty darn good? But this one was too, wasn't it? Wasn't this that's a favorite.
Speaker 8: And in that first term, we set records on ending unnecessary rules and regulations like no other president had done before. We ordered all federal workers to return to the office. They will either show up for work in person or be removed.
Speaker 1: From the job.
Speaker 8: We've ended weaponized government, where as an example, a sitting president is allowed to viciously prosecute his political opponent, like me, how.
Speaker 4: Did that work out?
Speaker 1: As he looks scited at the Democratic and then the get to the Pocahontas one and I have to stop all government censorship and brought back. I can't remember laughing that hard in a long time. So I gotta pop this hard. I gotta pop this heart break, Rieck. But leave us with some words of wisdom from the ranch.
Speaker 10: Oh man, Oh gosh, well how about this. I hope he turns the economy around time and not before the mid turns, so we keep the momentum going through the mid tournament turns and beyond.
Speaker 4: Oh that is, and now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 8: I'm also working tirelessly to end the Savage conflict in Ukraine. Millions of Ukrainians and Russians have been needlessly killed or wounded in this horrific and brutal conflict with no end in sight. The United States has sent hundreds of billions of dollars to support Ukraine's defense with no security, with no longer.
Speaker 1: The only time to left, Clo, do you want to keep it going for another five years?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you would say, Pocahonta says, yes.
Speaker 1: That was one of the more brilliant moments of the night Right. I mean this, Texter Dan. One of my favorite moments was when President Trump nonchalantly referred to Pocahontas. And it was an absolutely brilliant moment because how many presidents have we had, really with the skill set, with the ability to do that in that moment last night on the Fly and his tone is touched. Everything was perfect and it wasn't just like playground name calling. We're talking about a very serious issue here, right, And you know, I have from the beginning supported aiding Ukraine because Putin is Satan and that's a raping and pillaging of an innocent nation. So I've supported aiding Ukraine. I've supported money to Ukraine as long as it's for a clear purpose, with a clear plan and a clear endgame. And above all Europe was going to do its part. But just this bottomless hit where you just keep pouring money in while two thousand and a week die, No, that doesn't make any sense for anybody. So I thought his touch was perfect on that. And let's face it with Elizabeth Warren, I mean, yeah, that's a big deal. When you pretend to be a heritage that you shouldn't be. And if she's going to sit there and be shooting at him politically, I think he has a right to make that important credibility point. Let's go out to Littleton, Colorade'll talk to Tony. You're on the dam Capita show.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Hey, Dan. Have you ever heard of Jeffrey Sachs. He is a professor at Columbia. He's also a historian, and he is a He does a lot of consulting on diplomatic matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. I don't know him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that you just said I stand with Ukraine. Well, I'll tell you. I worked with two at my office. They're both from Ukraine. They both believe that Zelensky is evil and corrupt and jeff what you can learn from Jeffrey Sachs is that this war started as a result of broken promises on the part of NATO and the US going back.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry to interrupt, Tony, but only in the interest of time, were coming up on the end. First of all, I did not use the words I stand with Ukraine because those words can be interpreted different ways. I use the words I did, which doesn't mean we should. We should at this point not do what Trump is doing to get peace. We should do what Trump is doing to get peace. But Tony, wait a second, I don't care what broken promises you want to talk about, what threat to join NATO. There's nothing on the face of the earth that justified Putin invading Ukraine in my view? Do you disagree with that? Do you think Putin was justified in doing what he did?
Speaker 6: Ukraine was the last straw NATO and the US.
Speaker 4: Tony.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry to interrupt. I don't mean to be rude. It was a direct yes, no question. Do you think Putin was justified in invading Ukraine?
Speaker 6: I guess it all depends on your perspective.
Speaker 1: No, I'm asking Tony's perspective. I'm asking your perspective, my friend, Tony from Littleton. Was he justified in rolling those tanks in there, bombing the hospitals?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 6: The US justified in all the.
Speaker 1: Dirty dis Tony, Tony, I really appreciate the call. But let's try it one more time. Yes, okay, so he was justified? Okay, So Putin was justified in rolling the tanks over the border, killing all those people, bombing the hospitals, destroying those cities with his ballistic missiles. All of that is justified in your view, right.
Speaker 6: Dan, It's you're simplifying this too much in history.
Speaker 1: No, Tony, I tried, man. Thanks thank you for the call, and I really value people who call him disagree, so thank you for that. But there's got to be a direct back and forth. And you said he was justified, and then I gave you all these specific things he did, and I assume Tony's a very good person, so he couldn't continue to say it was justified because nobody can make the argument, though it incredibly that what Putin did was justified. Listen, I'm not arguing that Zelensky's a saint, or that that you know, mistakes weren't made on this side or that side. All I'm saying is that nothing, nothing, justified that invasion of a sovereign nation under those circumstances, and sure as hell didn't justify the way it was done. Yeah. So, now, does that mean that we have to continue to pour money, limitless amounts of money with no endgame insight into a meat grinder in Ukraine? No, oh, not at all. I think Trump is doing the right thing.
Speaker 7: Do you think Trump's doing the right thing by avoiding antagonizing Putin, calling him evil the devil things that you do, but in the interest of the negotiation, trying to bring him to the table for a compromise of some sort.
Speaker 1: I trust Trump in his approach for this reason. It worked before. It's not a blind trust. Putin raped in pillaged Ukraine under Obama, took four years off and then raped in pillage Ukraine under Biden. What were those four years? The Trump years? So his approach to Putin, who is satan? His approach to Putin protected innocent people. So Trump has earned the trust in his approach. And what does the left offer in exchange? More death without any path to victory. Now, if Europe won't come in boots on the ground, there is no way to defeat Putin. Europe set it's not coming in. Great Americans shouldn't go in there. Great job, Brian, Thank you, Kelly,