Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBS Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Al As we move into the nine o'clock hour, there was a really interesting story in the Boston Globe today, written by James Vazness of the Globe's staff. You can find it if you have your globe on B one of the Globe, which is the first page of the Metro section. And before we get to a guest who we have lined up and some phone calls, I want to set this up because I think it's a I think the story is bizarre. You may agree or disagree with me, whatever your feelings, you're more than welcome. The headline of the story is Burlington parents express outrage over detailed sex questions in middle school health survey. Fair enough, Burlington parents express outrage. It's the Globe headline over detailed sex questions in middle school health survey. So this is a survey that is close to one hundred page, one hundred questions long, okay, and a lot of it is interesting in terms of, you know, questions that you might expect. The first question is what grade are you in now? Sixth, seventh or eighth. These are middle school students sixth, seventh or eighth. You cannot find this survey on the Burlington School Department, at least I'm told by my producer it was taken down. Okay. The introduction says, Student Characteristics twenty twenty five Burlington Middle School Survey. I want to what I kind of figure out is who made these questions up? Okay? The next questions ask you about background. The information being collected is used to describe the types of students taking the survey. Information will not be collected to find out your name or identify individual students. Again. Question one, what grade are you in now? Sixth seventh or eighth? I think that means when you're in the sixth, seventh and eighth grade, you're probably like ten, eleven, twelve, maybe maybe thirteen years old. Correct me if I'm wrong. They ask how old are you? Ten years or younger? Eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, or fifteen. If you're in the eighth grade and you're fifteen years old, that means you're not going to be graduating from high school until you're at least nineteen anyway, so they describe the question three is about The next question ask about your gender identity. This is a very important question for kids who are in the sixth, seventh and eighth grade. Gender identities is how you see yourself. You can see yourself as male, female, a mixer, both, or neither. It can be the same or different from the sex you were assigned at birth. Here are some helpful terms. Cis gender describes a personal feels that gender identity matches the sex that a doctor assigned to them at birth. If you're in the sixth grade, you think you understand that, I don't know. Trenchgender describes a person who feels their gender identity is different from the sex that a doctor assigned them at birth. Non Binary describes people whose gender doesn't fit into just male or female. Gender queer describes people whose gender does and that's traditional roles. Many gender queer people use pronouns like they or them Again, I understand it. You probably understand that. Remember, the people who are filling out this form are six seventh and eighth graders. I don't know if this was run by parents, So they ask which of the following terms best described You're current your current important adjective gender identity, because there it could be one some one today and a different one tomorrow. We understand that there are many different ways you may identify. Please click the pick the one that best describes you. Here are the choices, sisgender girl or woman. Again, these are sixth, seventh and eighth graders. I don't know too many women who are in the sixth seventh or eighth grade sis gender boy or man. I don't know how many men are in the sixth seventh and eighth grade. Transgender girl or woman, transgender boy or girl, non binary or gender queer. There's another category questioning. Then there's a separate category. I don't know what this question means. If I was in the sixth or seventh and eighth grade, I certainly would have known what it meant. And then I prefer not to answer. So then they break it down, what sex well you assigned at birth? Now we've we've switched from gender to sex, which is going to confuse a lot of kids. But that's okay. What sex we aside that birth on your original birth certificate? Male? Female? I prefer not to answer. Which of the following best describes your sexual orientation. Now we're getting into this, okay. We understand that there are many different ways you may identify please pick the one that best describes you. Straight or heterosexual, lesbian or gay, asexual, bisexual, pan sexual, queer, questioning, I don't know what this question means. I prefer not to answer. Then they ask the kids about their race. What language do you speak at home? And the next question is there at least one teacher or adult in your school that you can talk to if you have a problem. Okay, then I'm not going to get to everything, but I do want to get to sexual behaviors. This is question eighty one. They ask about your drug use. What do you use? I mean, you know, kids in the sixth, seventh and eighth grade call me naive, but you know, I'm assuming kids in the sixth, seventh and eighth grade, for the most part don't use drugs. Some probably do that you probably can figure that out if you're a smart teacher. Sexual behaviors this is this gets a little uncomfortable. So if it makes you uncomfortable, think about what it does to a sixth seventh or eighth grader. The next question asked about sexual behaviors, and we're going to get to my guests right away after these two questions. Question eighty one, have you ever had sexual contact with another person. Sexual contact includes things such as kissing, touching, and sexual intercourse. Pretty straightforward, Yes, no, I'm not sure, okay. Question eighty two hours We're getting real, real, real, getting deep here. Have you ever had sexual intercourse? They got to explain what sexual intercourse is to these sixth, seventh, and eighth graders. Why don't they give them, you know, a good course on you know, sex education. Sexual intercourse includes vaginal sex, which is when a penis goes inside of vagina, of vagina, oral sex, when there is contact between the mouth and genitals. Anal sex, which is when a penis goes inside in anus parentheses, but in use of toys of props, vaginal or anal? Yes or no? Question eighty three how old were you when you had sexual in course for the first time? Eight years? Are younger? Nine years, ten years, eleven years, twelve years, thirteen year older? I mean most kids are going to say, well, I gotta put down I got to answer this question somewhay here. There's no option to say, well, I've never had sexual intercourse. Question eighty four, The last time you had sexual in course did you use a condom? Eighty five question, have you ever sent or received sexual messages or nude or semi nude pictures of videos electronically by phone, computer, tablet, or other device. This is why the town of Burlington is upset and with us. Is Mike King, President of the Massachusetts Family in stude. Mike, I kind of imagine why anyone would be upset with the kids being given this this survey. Was this cleared with parents ahead of time? Mike?
Speaker 3: He did?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for so much. This is outrageous. I'm glad you took the times to reference those so I didn't have to reference them myself.
Speaker 2: Sure, I took that. I took that burden off your shoulders. Wow, yeah, we're parents notify this. Did kids have a chance to opt out of this or did parents have a chance to opt their kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean so, they absolutely an oportunity to opt out, and many of them did opt out. And one of the most outrageous things about this story is that parents opted their kids out of this survey and it was still given to their kids. So there have been compelled hold on, I.
Speaker 2: Want to make sure I understood this. So they sent it home to the parents for the parents to read and gave the parents an opportune you need to opt out on behalf of their their sixth, seventh, and eighth graders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's not my understanding that the actual survey went home, but it did go through one of the apps that the school provides saying that there was going to be this this youth survey, right, and I can and you can imagine that parents are getting inundated with messages right about what's going on at school, and so many parents missed the uh, you know, the heads up about the survey. But there were parents that did see it and opted their kids out. So that's why our Massachusetts Liberty Legal Center, which is a part of MFI, filed complaints because there's federal law that says that you cannot do this. You cannot give a survey where a kid a parent has already opted out. So formal complaints have been made. And if there's more brilliant comparents that are listening to you tonight, I encourage them to look up the Massachusetts Liberty Center on theline. We'd be happy to make more complaints on your behalf.
Speaker 2: So just so I understand, I'm kind of old fashioned. So in the old days when something of some controversy was going on, oh, like a field trip to an apple orchard in like October. You would come bring home a note from the teacher and the parent would have to sign the note to give you permission to go on the trip to the apple orchard. And of course every kid wanted to go on the trip, because that way you'd have to sit in class all day and be bored. You could be in an apple organ in a beautiful day in October, and the worst thing you could happen to you there is maybe some bee might give you a little sting on the arm or something, if it's one of those days where the bees were active. But parents got a note at home, they read it and they sent it back. So the Burlington school didn't do that. They just sent it out as an app. Like parents, double income, double working parents have enough time to go home and say, sweetheart, we're going to check this see if there's any apps about whether our kids is using sex toys. So let's let's look at the apps.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, I mean, parents have what's called a parent square app, right, I mean one parent said that they had received twenty five notifications in one day.
Speaker 4: Regarding what was going on at school. So you can imagine, you know, this one thing that goes out on this survey and again it talks about this, you know, youth survey, so you don't really have this idea that it's talking about sex or your gender identity or your sexu orientation. And so blindsided so many parents, and that's why they're so upset. Not just they were blindsided, but then especially those that opt out, and then you know, they were almost forced their kids were still forced to take this survey. So it's incredibly you know, parents are outraged, as they should be. But I want your listeners to know that this isn't just in Burlington where this is happening. This is happening. We know the same survey as being given in Wilmington, one town over, and then towns and cities across Massachusetts are having surveys like that.
Speaker 2: And I assume that, and Mike, I got to take a commercial break here, but I just want to ask one question. I'm assuming that there's some company out there who has some prurient interest in finding out what kids the ages of ten, eleven, and twelve know and do, and they're.
Speaker 4: Being big bucks.
Speaker 2: No what I'm saying, there's some group out there that has been figured this out and they're being paid big bucks to produce these surveys. Boy, this is in my opinion, call me old fashioned, but this is really outrageous. I mean, my wait, do they what do they do next? Do they have the kids maybe take the next survey? And what they could do is uh and show the kids pictures of sex organs to make sure that the kids are accurately described. I mean, this is insane. Mike. I'm gonna give out our phone number. We have some callers in the line. I want you to stay right there. We'll handle the callers. The only line that is open right now is six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty. So the regular line, which is six, we have two lines. The line that most people default to six one, seven, two, five four ten thirty is filled and those lines will clear as we deal with some of the callers. We're going to talk with Jamie, Adrian and Hilda in a moment. If you would like to get in, we'll talk about this until ten o'clock, and to be honest with you, I'm prepared to do longer than that if we have to. Uh, the other line is six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Back on Night's Side with my guest Mike King. Mike King, who is the president of the Massachusetts Family Institute. And wow, this this is way over the top. I mean I can be critical of things, but this if that was if this was given to my sound or daughter when they were ten years old, there would be they would be I would be in some administrator's office the next morning. I guarantee you that we'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on w b Z, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We're talking about a Burlington, Massachusetts, middle school student survey. And uh, if you read the global article, congratulations to the Boston Globe for putting this story in a prominent spot, page B one, which is the metro section. Burlington parents express OUTRAGEO of a detailed sex questions in middle school survey. And the reporter on the story and the editor, the reporter, James Vaznis. I hope I'm pronounced James's name correctly. We invited him to join us. He was unable to join this time, but would the letter to be joined by Mike King, president of the Massachusetts Family Institute. Let's get to phone calls. Mike, I suspect most people are going to be on your side. Let's let's get it going. Let me go to Jamie in Burlington. Jamie, I appreciate your calling in. Are you a parent in the Burlington school system?
Speaker 6: Yes? I am a parent in the Burlington school system, and I actively came out to speak at the school committee meeting because I'm not sure that a lot of parents are aware of this type of survey, and that Mike is correct. There are ten districts and the questions come from the john Snow Ink, which, from my understanding was each town with a grant with Lahy, but each town paid the john Snow Inc. A total of seven thousand dollars for this survey.
Speaker 2: So you mentioned that name of a hold on, Jamie, hold on for a second. You've mentioned the name of a company called something john snow Ink. Where is that a Massachusetts company? If you know, and if you don't.
Speaker 6: That's I don't think it's a Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: We can we can let that go.
Speaker 6: It was based off the and then the john Snow Inc.
Speaker 2: We can let we can let that go. Jamie. I'm much more interested in your reaction when you found out, did you have you have a son or a daughter in the sixth seventh or eighth grade? Right?
Speaker 6: I have no. I actually have a daughter who's a junior at the high school, and I thought that even that content at her age was an outrageous over overreach.
Speaker 2: Was this survey given to Is this survey given to high school students as well? I'm confused. I thought it was just a middle school.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was given through gades middle schools. It was grades through twelve.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, the one that that I was that we have a copy of, and I can't tell you where we got the copy, but the one that we that we have a copy of, it says the twenty twenty five Burlington Middle School Survey, and it says what grade are you in? Now, that's why I asked. I read the first question six seventh or eighth? So what I've read was what was given a sixth seventh and eighth graders? Whether or not there was a second Burlington High School survey which was identical or not, we don't know what is the school? So there was a school committee, meaning you said, when was that.
Speaker 6: There was one on April first, and there was also second one on April eighth.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are the school committee members saying? Are they concerned about this? Are they telling you, oh, please, don't don't worry about this is fine? What's their position?
Speaker 6: Zero transparency? We've gotten kind of zero transparency in many of the questions for the parents that came out and spoke and wanted answers, they were not transparent at all.
Speaker 2: Well, the only thing I could say, the only thing I could say to you, Jamie, and I got to jump off here because we have a bunch of callers, I would hope that if you and other parents feel you're not being well served by your school committee, this is an abject lesson that government affects you most impactfully at the closest level. You can vote for president, you can vote for governor, and you can vote for senator. But it's the school committee and the town city council or the board of aldermen. And I hope that if there's enough of you who are upset not only with the survey, but what the response of the school committee, get out and run for office and get your friends to run for office and take over the school committee.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, we definitely, we definitely do need to and we paid a superintendent three hundred thousand dollars a year who actually stated at the meeting he did not vet the questions before he released them to the children in the district. Well, I jall salery, and he didn't vet the question I.
Speaker 2: Would argue that's educational malpractice. But that's for the voters of Burlington to decide, because it's the school committee I assume who hires the school superintendent. Jamie, thank you for having the courage and the guts to call this show.
Speaker 6: Exactly, and sadly this is not the first incident.
Speaker 2: All the more reason because if they get away with something as outrageous as this once and it's sort of like once you know, fool me once, do it again and something has to you got to get involved. Dear Jamie, I again, keep us posted. Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: We appreciate you taking us and taking the serious and giving us some time to talk about it.
Speaker 2: You bet you're more than welcome. Thank you for calling. We'll continue our conversation. The only line that has opened a six month, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Uh, my guest on the line with us. We're going to be taking calls, is Mike King. Mike, I know you didn't get a chance to respond to Jamie's call, but I suspect that more than a few parents who feel that way in Burlington.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I'm excited to hear from more parents that are calling in today. And I just hope that all your listeners listening tonight and take this as you know, like you said, encouragement that the only way we're really going to make change is that people end up running for school committee. You know, look this, I don't know if you saw that Sutton story last year where a drag queen showed up at the Sutton High School. It outraged parents and Sutton, and within six months they flipped their school board, they got rid of their superintendent, and now they're going to start passing policy at the local level that's going to help. So this is exactly what needs to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean again, what people I always say to friends of mine, you voted in a presidential election. You in about one hundred and seventy or so million other Americans voted in a presidential election. So the value of your vote in Massachusetts pretty much you know, how presidential election may go. You vote a governor's race, and there's probably three three and a half maybe four million people voted a governor's race. But when you talk about a local school committee race, I mean twenty five people can get involved and you can flip a school committee set pretty easily in most towns in Massachusetts.
Speaker 4: Certain yeah, yeah, I know there was a school committee race andover that was just decided by twelve votes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and again whatever, whatever the issue is, you got to get involved because this impacts you most directly. The impact of government. The government that is closer to you has a greater impact on you, and more importantly, your family will take a break, a newsbreak. Michael wanted you to stay with us. We'll get more phone calls. The only line that is opened six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. And by the way, I know we'll hear from some Burlington parents. We have others lined up here. But if you want to chime in on this issue, and if you want to tell me you think that these questions for sixth and seventh and eighth graders is perfect, feel free. I always look for all points of view on this program. I may disagree with you, and we may hit you with it pretty hard, but feel free to join the conversation. All points of view are respected. I'm just be prepared for some questions. That's all back from Nightside.
Speaker 1: After this, It's night Side with Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: We're talking about a Burlington Middle school survey of kids in the sixth, seventh and eighth grade, which I think is way over the top. Adrian is in Burlington. Adrian, appreciate you. Call you Next on Nightside, Mike King, the president of the mass Family Institute, joins us. Go ahead, Adrian, Thanks Dan.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Now, I'm one of the parents who had opted my eighth grade son, who was thirteen. I had opted him out and they failed to honor the opt out and he had to answer those questions.
Speaker 2: Wow, how angry are you?
Speaker 9: I'm angry for every parent. I'm angry about the whole process, the failure to make sure that parents knew what they were going to be asking our kids. I mean, that's really number one. I feel like it's kind of sneaky, and I, for myself, I can't imagine asking another person's child those questions and not making sure that that parent knew what I was doing.
Speaker 2: You almost wonder if they are on some people, and I don't know if they're the people who are running the survey, the people who are advocates for the survey, if they don't get some jolly's out of this. I mean it's you know, this almost gets to the idea of introducing kids. Are they grooming them for child trafficking or something. I mean, I'm serious when I say that. It's like, I get it if you a very progressive and you feel that kids at a very young age should should know about, you know, sex toys, which you know, but but you don't have a right to impose that another parents. You know, if you want to talk to you a four year old about sex toys, have at it. But you don't have a right even if you're a school company, remember to introduce that topic to kids in the sixth, seventh, and eighth grade if their parents are opposed.
Speaker 6: That's the point exactly.
Speaker 9: I mean, I have a parental right to decide when and how I talk to my children about these things. And I know what they're pushing through the sex that curriculum, and it does. It enables them to engage in behaviors and it normalizes it, and so myself, I work in the field of child sexual abuse prevention. This is not a safe thing to be doing to children. It absolutely normalizes it so that someone else can say, hey, let's do those things, and then they see it online and they can absolutely be groomed by this.
Speaker 6: I am concerned.
Speaker 9: About what the real motivation are on various levels of the people who are involved.
Speaker 2: Well as I as I said to Jamie, I hope this activates a lot of parents in Burlington. And you know, again, your your vote in a presidential election, gubernatorial election, you know, statewide elections, they're all important, but the vote that is actually more important to you and is heavier to you in terms of the weight of your vote in a town, your town elections. And this drives home the point. If people don't get that point with something like this, they never will. So I hope that that a lot of folks up there, you know, get activated as simple as that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, No, we absolutely are, because I think we were really a silent majority of people who have been, you know, talking in the background. But whenever you speak out about these things, you get labeled hateful and bigoted.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean they're gonna Oh yeah, you're you're closed minded because you don't want your your eleven year old to know about sex toys. Oh yeah, I mean you know, I mean everybody should be talking about that at the family dinner table. Certainly, don't talk to your kids about how they're doing on the math test of what's going on in English class. Talk to them about sex toys. That's what kids need to know about. These people are weirdos well, and I.
Speaker 9: Think there's grant money funding it, So that's what you've been pushing it. More. They see the money and they say, let's implement these things into the school system. So people, absolutely. We just had a school committee election a week after that first school committee and if this had happened a month ago, one of those people would have been out because she actually said that she thought that this survey had value, and so I'm quite sure that she saw it. And I don't trust anybody who saw those questions and thought this was okay. So no, absolutely, next election, we are going to be ramping up and we're going to be ready.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the question. Time works against you. Do you have a way up there to run? To run? And I'm sure Mike King could answer this better than I could. Do you have a process up there to recall, have recall elections?
Speaker 9: That's a great question. I don't know if Mike knows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know exactly on the answer to that question, Dan, but I don't think there'd be an oportunity to recall at this point on the election that Adrian's talking about, that happened, you know, two or three weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you if if people are upset about it, what will happen is a year from now people will move on into other things. And anyway, that's my opinion, I would be I bring over the moon on this. Adrian. Congratulations, thanks for calling in and protect your kids. Okay, you are the parents of those kids. The teachers and the school administrators. They are not in local parentees. They are teachers and school administrators, not parents, and the roles need to be defined more clearly. Thanks Adrian, thank you, You're welcome. I'm gonna take a quick break. We'll go into the next hour in this if we have to. Mike, I disagree with you. I think that that a recall election. It takes a little while. You got to get signatures you got to make them run for reelection. I I don't know what the town charter says, but it would seem to me that if that, if that opportunit tunity existed, now would be the time to to try to get it done. But that's that's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well for sure, I mean there's enough, there's enough parents that are concerned about it. So if it's something that can be and you definitely have a lot of parents that are ready to ready to do something.
Speaker 2: All right. Again, the legal process is important, and certainly as the president of the Mass Family Institute, but the court of the court of public opinion is also a very important arm of the legal process in my opinion. We'll take a quick break, come and come back. We get Hilda coming up, John Ryl Jason uh and if necessary, we'll go into the next hour if you want, I have a subject for the next hour, but I am more than happy to stay with this. Back on night Side right.
Speaker 1: After this, It's Night Side, Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phone, you go, let me go to Hilda and Burlington Hill. Appreciate your patients. You're on with Mike King, President at the Mass Family Institute. Hilda garrettehead.
Speaker 8: Hi there, how are you tonight?
Speaker 2: Good Hilda, We're on the heir gorettehead.
Speaker 8: Hello, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: We hear you.
Speaker 8: I was actually wonderful. So I was actually one of the first parents. I was the first parent on the April first meeting to approach the bench there and uh speak my mind. I was very, very distraught when I heard and saw all of the questions that were on that survey there. And unfortunately, you know, I've gotten a lot of backlash because of what I felt this survey represented, and unfortunately it was delivered to us under the guys of a very benign and innocent survey. I actually.
Speaker 2: That was okay, you can't hear me, he'll the whate was the source of the backlash.
Speaker 8: So the backlash that we're getting is, you know, first of all, we have the head of the b A mister Mufflman. He's uh put out a video saying that you know, it's very dangerous that we're calling people groomors, and uh, you know, if if I never called anybody groomers, I said that this is grooming. And if this is if this isn't grooming, I don't know what is to be injecting ideas of, you know, a very sexual nature into innocent children's minds. If this isn't grooming, I don't know what is.
Speaker 2: Who was the gentleman you referred to? Was he was he a member of the school board?
Speaker 8: Is he is the head of the Burlington Educators Association?
Speaker 2: And what is that group? I'm unfamiliar with that group? Is that is again? Is that the school board? Is that?
Speaker 9: That?
Speaker 2: Is that a parents group? Who is that? What is that group?
Speaker 8: It's the I understand that they're the they're the teachers. It's like a teachers association that they have, the educators Association.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: And so he was not only doing that, he put out a very divisive message into the community, but the very next weekend he was out at the anti Trump uh uh rally and Boston.
Speaker 2: You know, well, here's the thing I think. I think if you, if you don't mind, I would tell you, I think you make a mistake if you if you work this into national politics, because that's what the other side is going to try to do. This has nothing to do with Donald Trump, has nothing to do with this has everything to do with your children, with your kids exactly they're educationsh.
Speaker 8: What's really upsetting to me is that they're trying to turn this into an LGBTQ issue, which it is not. It is nothing to do with LGBTQ. This has to do with the innocence of our children. This has to do with our parental rights being violated, and this is sexual grooming and it is Let me hid.
Speaker 2: I don't need to interrupt here, but I just want to tell you. I guarantee you the majority, indeed the vast majority of parents in Burlington who have kids in school or out of school, will agree with you. Don't be bullied by the other side. They're going to take potsha.
Speaker 8: They're calling me a bully.
Speaker 7: Now they're selling that is the That's exactly That's exactly what I'm trying to I'm trying to basically support you and tell you that that is exactly what bullies do, okay, and they will employ whatever language they can to discredit you, not to discredit.
Speaker 2: The argument you're making. Stay on the issue, Stay in the argument. It is about the children, is about your children, is about your authority with your children. Who's going to run your family? You are some head of some teachers group, okay, And that's why I say and.
Speaker 8: Said to Jamie, do you know how you said, sir, that you said how important it is to have to participate in our local elections. Yes, very following weekend we had our local elections, and I actually ran for school committee within twenty four hours before the elections to occur. I ran for school Committee and I received three hundred and seventeen votes on the last day of that election. Each other committee member that was running for reelection, they only received about two thousand votes each, and fifteen hundred of those votes were mail in votes for months and months prior to when they were running for reelection.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, mail in votes shouldn't be coming. I can only tell.
Speaker 8: You, Hilda, the mail had I run, had I run way before then, from the very beginning, I probably would have been voted in to the school committee and I would so love to have been a part of it.
Speaker 2: Well here's the deal. Run again, run again, pull your committee together, and run again, Hilda. I got to run because they got to get a couple more people in. But please continue to listen to this program. Run again, Hilda, run, Hilda.
Speaker 8: Run So much for all of your support, We really appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you, I am with you a thousand percent. Here, I'm with you a thousand percent, and I and I and I congratulate you and the other parents. Look, my kids are If that ever happened to my kids when my kids were young, and it didn't, I would have been over the moon. Help. Please get out there and run and and work with other people. And you will find out Bill that that eighty percent of the people in Burlington agree with you when they understand the issue. That's that's that's the dirty little secret here, trust me on that. Okay, you got to run again.
Speaker 8: Thanks so much, thank you, pleasure that the children, thank you.
Speaker 2: You got it. Thank you so much, thank you, thank you, thank you, John and Quincy. John, I'm trying to get you in here before the break. To those of you in the line, I'm going to stick with this into the next hour. So stay right there, go ahead, John.
Speaker 3: Happy Eastern pass over again to your audience, and God bless them, Good luck to those students and parents and Burlington. You bet you yeah, that's uh, you know, it's it's it's it's it's unacceptable that going on, and it's unacceptable to Burlington, the parents, the students, and.
Speaker 2: Well it has it has the potential to go on everywhere. You have a great mayor in Quincy, Tom Coke, and I don't think this would happen in Quinsy in my opinion, but that's because you have a great mayor, okay, and someone who I've known for many years. And I'm telling you what happens is in these other towns. Everybody is so involved with youth soccer and youth hockey and youth little League and I was involved in all of that stuff. And you don't focus unless you keep an eye on what's going on in schools. And this is outrageous. This is absolutely outrageous. So you know, people should should work together, form groups and get ready for the next election. And if you have a recall ability to recall people if they're not listening to you, you can have disagreements, but on something as shocking as this, this is way over the top. John. I appreciate your support, but more importantly, I think people in Burlington appreciate your support. We are going to take this into the next hour, so I thank you so much, but I'm flat out of time.
Speaker 3: This hour Okay, understood, and good luck to them and the old Bronton mall in the Cafe Esque a Jill and Burlington Dodge and all that other good stuff.
Speaker 2: It's great. It's a great community. It's a great community. Thank thanks John for sure. All right, good night, Mike King. Keep us posting on this. I know this is one that I feel pretty emotional about as as I think you could tell and feel free to keep me posted on this and we'll have you back and I'm going to continue on this topic next hour. Great.
Speaker 4: Anyone interested in learning more about this context Burlington to our short code eight seven eight nine one.
Speaker 2: Eight seven eight nine to one. How can people find you? You know there's a lot of people who don't text and all of that. How can people find your organization? Either you know, on Facebook or is there a quick and easy way to get in contact with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just you can just google Massachusetts Family Institute and in our legal arm the Massachusetts Liberty Legal Center. Like I said, there's been two federal complaints and we're looking to file several more complaints as well.
Speaker 2: So is it Massfamilyinstitute dot org. Mike. People are out there, will they want to know what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's mafamily dot org, m A family dot oarg.
Speaker 2: Perfect, perfect, simple, straightforward. Mike, thanks very much, thanks for joining us, and please keep us posted on this. Okay, sometimes when these stories occur, different good organizations are tough to get a hold of it. I know that this is uh, you know, pass overseas and Easter season. This is good Friday, and I know that there are a lot of people probably who wouldn't have been available tonight. I want to thank you for joining us tonight. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. Like I said, we had success in and we're gonna have success in Burlington, and more and more parents are waking up, so we're very excited about the future.
Speaker 2: All right, to those of you, thanks, thanks again, Mike. For those of you in the line, stay there. We'll continue this until the next hour. I have another topic to talk about, but this is important. This is local. We're going to stick with it. One line open, six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty