Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for ignition with the aaw Fedup podcast team. We're leading into all In Wales All Out. This is a really busy time for a w Let's do this.
Speaker 2: This is Kelson and this is Alex and yeah, we're getting heavy, hot and heavy into all In. We have counted nine matches. I think nine matches announced so far for all In. I was looking at Forbidden Door Card. We had fifteen matches on that show. I think we had about twelve matches last year at all In. And there's some big names that have not been announced yet. For all In, we have you know, John Moxley's been m I A for the past few months. Pak who's London, UK native. Let's say he doesn't have a match yet. There's a lot of guys hanging in Adam Page. That's another one. Yeah, there's there's just a lot of people that don't have matches yet. Yeah, and I have one that I'm thinking of and I'll let you guys take some turns suggesting some but we have it's already been announced. On Dynamite, we're getting Okada and Claudiao CASKI only face to face. I'm assuming this has started setting up a match between the two of them for Cardiff Wales. And if you know, Ocada is now facing against the Blackpool Combat Club in John Moxley's kind of waiting in the Wings and I looked it up. John Moxley and Okada have never had a match before. That to me seems like, yeah, yeah, I assumed when I was kind of playing around with it in my head that they must have had a match at some point in New Japan. But no, no, they've never had a match before. And maybe someone will correct me, but I could not find any evidence of them having a match. Yeah, so I think that to me, knowing that they were planning on Kenny Omega versus Okada for this show, Okata.
Speaker 3: Needs a big match.
Speaker 2: I know Tony Kahn is an Okada mark and he definitely wants to see Okada in a big match, facing someone that he hasn't faced before. I mean, you signed this guy for a lot of money for a reason, and I think him versus Moxley kind of checks all the boxes a big match in my opinion.
Speaker 1: It's a big match, Alex, But do you think that it's too late in the game to announce Moxley as a big batch. I mean, I could see him maybe in a grudge match, but a big title.
Speaker 3: Match, you know, I do.
Speaker 2: I do think it is late, Like if they were going to do that kind of match, I would imagine kind of like when they first announced Osprey versus Brian Danielson, they did it like the first episode leading to that pay per view, like six weeks in advance, and they haven't done that. So that's that is the part that makes me second guess that. But I just think you need a huge match for Okada, and you you know, I think they have about forty thousand at least tickets sold, but there's room to sell a lot more tickets for sure for this show and get more pay per view buys.
Speaker 3: And I think.
Speaker 2: There is some big matches already, don't get me wrong, but I think that would be a match that really moves things for them, does business?
Speaker 4: See, I think, yeah, you know, go ahead, okay, go ahead. See. I don't I wouldn't mind that match, But I I think that the travesty that they're having, uh Orange Cassidy possibly and just a battle royal match, I think he deserves should be on the CALRD somewhere else besides that battle Royal. I wouldn't have seen Ocado versus Orange Cassidy just for old time sake. But who knows what happens.
Speaker 5: I don't. I don't know why everybody doesn't consider that Pack has that match coming up. Occat and him have a match. That's where it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Is all in.
Speaker 5: That's the best match they could do for that because that gives Pack a big match and it puts through caught up against a very good opponent for him.
Speaker 3: But they just had a match. They had a match.
Speaker 2: At I want to say, like they had a big pay per view match. I just figure they want Ocatta to fight other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, there's so many top names, like, for example, the Young Bucks are going to be on the card. Who are they wrestle FPR Yeah, but it's not announced yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know it's gonna be because that's why they're having the match with this is a gang tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But what I'm saying is that there's so many big names that have not that announced yet. And the other thing to consider is that next week the Dynamite is from Wales. Now I don't know if they're going to air it live, which would be like what three pm Wednesday if it was aired live on the East coast at noon on the West coast. You know, maybe they will tape the lay, which I think is okay. I think they should, but let's face it, AW fans are gonna watch and see spoilers where they want to or not if they're on X at all, you know, and then they may not see like a vignette or whatever that sets up a match, you know what I mean. So I do think next week it is important that they broadcast live from Wales, and even if they do a three pm Eastern show and then rebroadcast at at eight pm, do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What else? What else is TB is going to be showing at three pm in the afternoon anyway, you know what I mean? So why not, sir?
Speaker 5: I think the biggest problem that aw's had right now is they've had way too many things keep them from doing this justice. They've been so many people have been concentrating on the TV deal and the crap with NJF and Britt Baker and all these people who might be leaving, and they haven't done enough to promote all in this is supposed to be their biggest show of the year. We should not be two weeks away from the show and still have only nine matches and almost half the big names on the roster with nothing to do.
Speaker 1: Well. This is a Tony Conn thing. I mean, look, one of my biggest problems with Jade Cargill was that she was an afterthought. I mean, she was literally given a match for one of the pay per views on Sunday on Friday Night Rampage, and it was just a random match. I think it was the second match pay per view batch she had with Anna J. It was just okay, well, we'll just have her wrestle Anna J at the pay per view and there was no build up to it whatsoever. That's the problem. Tomorrow night is a big night in my mind for build up because there are going to be people, especially in the United States and a w is worldwide company, but it's based in the United States and American flat fans need to know who's going to wrestle it all in because guess what, that's where most of the pay per view Vibe buys are to come from.
Speaker 6: That goes to something. When I asked a question on the subreddit about the wrestling leading up to the pay per views and seeing all of the bigger name wrestlers, and I asked something along the lines of, how about giving some of the other wrestlers that you don't see every week on TV a chance to showcase their talents? And someone replied to me and said, well, you have to remember that there are house shows and those tickets sell, and when you buy a ticket for AW you're expecting those big names. And I understand that, but like you were saying, Kelson, the fan base all around, we're all fans, and we are all watching the same lead up to the pay per view, and from what I've seen, the lead up to the pay per view are the same wrestlers that we have been watching for months on end and honestly years, I don't know if anyone else is quite honestly a little bit bored with what I'm seeing. I cannot take anymore FTR and Orange Cassidy. I just cannot do it.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly what I've been saying on that Thank you.
Speaker 6: So, like you say, Eddie Kingston and Walking the Dog, I can't do it anymore. We need to see somebody else. There's a lot of great wrestlers on there, and especially leading up to the pay per view. I think it's a chance to get a lot of names out there, a lot of people wrestling, develop a lot more stories through backstage drama and through promos, and none of that is being done. I would like to see more of it.
Speaker 1: I want to give you an example that and you can agree with me or disagree with me. Throw out a name that is that. Throw me out a name that you feel falls in your criteria of being overused week after week, year after year, a month after a month, whatever, Just one name.
Speaker 6: Orange Cassidy.
Speaker 1: Orange Cassidy. Okay, great wrestler. Nobody's doubting his wrestling ability, nobody's doubting his character work. He's phenomenal. The problem is is that it's like a rerun. Every week you see the same guy. So now tomorrow night we have Orange Cassidy and Roderick Strong and Kyle O'Reilly in a three way match to determine who's number one in the Casino Gotlin match. So obviously we're gonna have those three guys in the Casino Gotlin match. But here's my point. Okay, Orange Cassidy is popular. What about somebody like Hologram being in that match instead of the same three guys that have been on out every week for the last seven months, because Roderick Strong, Kyle O'Reilly and Orange Cassidy are on the same on all the time. And the worst part about it is is that in one way or another they've often been fighting with or against each other throughout all this time. How many times are we going to see the same shit. I want to see Hologram in this match. I want to see I don't know, kill switch, you know, somebody differently goes down.
Speaker 5: Like like I said before, the problem comes down to Tony Kahn maps his matches out months months ahead.
Speaker 1: He does He said it before.
Speaker 5: Other people have said that he does that, and he's been known to not be able to change things up. He has his people penciled anywhere he wants them, and that's how he builds his shows. I think he does it wrong. That's that to me is completely outrageous booking because he then doesn't have any ability to fix when someone gets hurt. We've seen that time and again. He gets the same people involved. I mean, I love I love Orange Cassidy, I like Kyl O'Riley can't stand Roderick Strong, but you know I would not. I don't have a problem what's in Orange Cassidy all the time because I like his matches and I like him as a wrestler, But there are certain there are He is getting to the point where the biggest problem I had with W Doe you want to stop watching it was everything was the same all the time, same matches, every every show was the same match. It wasn't where you had new people every match with they had the exact same match every damn show, same results, they move, same everything, And it is getting to the point in some cases in aw where that's what they're doing and they do need to fix that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think there's a lot of glass half full of half empty because like you look, yeah, Roderick Strong, Orange Cassidy, Kylo Raley, they've been orbiting each other for a lot of this, But you look at the rest of the Dynamite card. Hang in Adam Page versus Jay Letho. We haven't seen Jay Letho wrestle in a long time, and I think that's the interesting match. Hakarashida versus Mercedes Monet. Haikarashida hasn't been featured much on AWTV, and that's a huge match versus Mercedes Monet in my opinion. You know, like you can pick apart the worst match, but you you also have to give love to the new and exciting matches that don't get featured a lot.
Speaker 3: I think it's just easy to be negative as a wrestling fan, and you know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes with rose colored glasses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it is easy to be negative as a wrestling fan, but it's easier to be negative when you're literally handed a plateful of negativity to pick apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you get there's a plate it has negativity and there's positivity on it, and you know, there's a lot of factors that determine what you choose, and they're not all.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna ask a question. It's a simple yes or no answer for everybody on the panel. Tonight, this Gauntlet qualifier match between Orange Cassidy, Roderick Strong and Kyle O'Reilly, just less than two weeks from the pay per view All in pay per view Justice Match. Yes or no? Are there any positives in this match?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Hm that we need? No? No, yes, Kay.
Speaker 3: And and al yes, I'm interested in this match.
Speaker 1: Okay, I say there's no positive, So it's odd of the five people here, three to two say it's negative, and we're big fans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there is some there's gonna be some differences in why we think that way. I don't necessarily.
Speaker 1: Wanted to explain in that case, you want to explain and you just kind of just talk right over. So okay, go ahead. So this is yeah, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Sorry I muted myself. I this is interesting to me because Roger's strong and uh and Orange cass they have a rivalry. They both have a have a murdered, have a murdered. They both like Kyler Rice. So Kyler kyl'iley is kind of a person in the middle and he wants to be in it. So there's this little cause I triangle going on here, a different respects and they and Rodert strong wants Kyler Railey back back in their quick and Kyler rally does not want to. So that's kind of that. I'm am k I'm looking at as who's going to come out on top when all three of them want each other's attention. I like Orange Cassidy, but it's gonna be inter asking because I can't predict who's going to win here, I really can't. I want Kyler Riley to But but okay, so explore with the first number one spots. But I don't understand why you won't want to fight to be the first one in exactly.
Speaker 5: Well, you know why Roderick Sean wants it because he can get to get in the last one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but's something specific. Let me ask you a specific question, MK, just to sum up what he said, basically saying that they have a rivalry. Now, in my mind, this rivalry has been going on for months and months and months and months with no resolution, with the same kind of match literally every week. I don't think there's been a week to maybe a couple of weeks in the last six months that have gone by where we haven't had a match featuring one of these guys, either with or against each other. Are we actually do you do you think that was the time to try to continue this or and do you honestly feel like there's going to be a resolution to this at all?
Speaker 5: In okay, I totally agree with you and they you guys have been used too much. The thing is, it's not a good time to try to resolve this matter, because there's no going to be no resolution. The only person in these three people that is actually keeping this going is Roderick Strong because Kyle Raley doesn't want anything.
Speaker 1: To do with them.
Speaker 5: Orange Cassidy is with the conglomeration. They want to do other things, and they've done other things. This whole thing is demented in the mind of Roderick Strong, and it's It's like to me, it's actually holding back everybody else because they will not get rid of this whole unnecessary or undispeated kingdom. It all comes down to, I don't care how much Roderick Strong wants his buddy to be a part of his team. The team sucks. Oh kyleer Raley's doing great on his own, Why does he want to be in that again?
Speaker 1: Let it go right?
Speaker 5: It won't and that's a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's a very similar issue to the whole Jericho thing. It's like, I like Kyle O'Reilly, I don't hate Roderick's Strong, but I just don't want them to be involved with each other anymore. Kind of similar to Jericho and Hook. They can do their own things, but Yeah, I don't. I don't like seeing the exact same guys feuding over and over again.
Speaker 1: Someone wanted to hear that I have. Why in the world would Kyle O'Reilly want to be a part of the Undisputed Kingdom. It's a laughing stock exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what's the best case scenario is like that, you're almost afraid, as a Kyle O'Reilly fan that he's going to end up with the Undisputed Kingdom.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what's the worst thing we could do with Kyle O'Reilly. Oh that, let's do it. Yeah, they got to.
Speaker 5: Tony's got to figure out a way to mix it up more and get more people involved, because it does become boring after a while when you have the same people every week in week out, pay per view in pay per view out.
Speaker 1: I want to bring up another big name that has been kind of tossed around a spill and we haven't talked about this person. They did a they did a promo about three weeks ago that went over really well on Collision, and then on this past Collision they did a promo that went over really went well again and both were centered around I want my spot on at Wembley and that is the Krusheta. She knocked it out of the park with those two promos. She got a match against Brick Baker a couple of weeks ago. Now she's got a match tomorrow night on Dynamite against Mercedes Monet. She wants to go to Wembley. She's called herself the Ace of the division and it got a huge reaction and people are talking about a Karlsheeda. I've not seen anybody talking about Mercedes Monet, and I've not seen anybody speaking about brit Baker when it comes to this match, But there's people talking about a Carlsheeda, not like everybody, you know, like a huge, you know, co bobration of people talking about her. But she is getting noticed. She's going to be I'm dreading this match tomorrow night because I don't want to see Carlsheda get fed the Mercedes Monet. The best sic case scenario is a no contest, which AW just does not do that often, and they already pulled one a couple of weeks. Well, just this past week basically with the Trios match where Christian Cage was the special guest referee, basically ended in an l contest double count out. But my point is is that Karl Sheeta is another big name that the whole angle that she's in is to get into Wembley. We're less than two weeks from when we're ten days away from Wembley, and there's no resolution to this yet. And I really don't see resolution happening tomorrow. I fear that a Karl Sheda is not going to be at Wembley an by any mean shape, well unless he runs in, you know, And this is a problem.
Speaker 5: I see tomorrow night going a little different than that. I don't think that that match. I think that match is going to end up We're gonna have another three way because I don't like I agree with you totally. She didn't deserves to be on the pay per view. She's there, she's the isn't she the only three time Maybe Tony storm too, they're like the only three time women's champions, And.
Speaker 1: She heard Tony Stormers three time champions, but Shida is the longest reigning champion.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you have you have a three time women's champion who has been being misused, who deserves a shot at the title. I have a feeling that tomorrow night Baker, because you remember last week Baker vowed that she's gonna get to Monette tomorrow night. She said, I'm gonna get you next week. She said, you have to believe I'm going to get to you. And that's what I think is gonna happen. I think during the match, she's gonna be involved, She's gonna come out, and they're gonna end up double count out or disqualification.
Speaker 4: How do they want to do it.
Speaker 5: I don't think she is going to lose out right, and I think that's gonna set up a triple match at the all In, and I have a feeling that she is actually going to win that title if they do that.
Speaker 4: I don't see that happening. I think it's too big of a match, a bit of a dream match for the heart, for the for the fans to put Sheeta in. I'd love her to be in some match, but I just don't see her being a triple threat match.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, yeah, I really. I see this Mercedes Monet match just kind of being a way to eat up Mercedes Monet for all In. Unfortunately for Shida. I would love to see them. You know, Camille could be involved in this match and costs to Karshida the match and still make her look good, and then Hakarusheeda could still have a match it all in against you know, a big debuting name I've heard like Beth Phoenix been rumored, like people like that who are a big name. Could be a good match for Karashida that could still be on the main card or a huge zero hour match.
Speaker 4: What about Shida versus Camille?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be great too, and Schidah could actually win that match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's another name, you know when you're talking about Look, the Casino Gauntlet match is gonna get a lot of the men's division out there. I really wish they would announce a women's Casino Gotland match because I'm gonna throw out two names for you. One is somebody that is coming back and then you know fight full And there's a couple of other places that reported that this person, this woman is gonna return tomorrow night, and that's Tamello. Well, what the hell are you gonna have tame Mello come back for it? She's not gonna be doing anything. She's certainly not gonna be an a tag team match. Anna Jay's in stardom right now, and she's going to be in stardom until the end of the month. I mean, there's no way Anna j is gonna be at all in. The other one is Mina shi Kawa, who has already paped two matches for Rigam Honor, you know, in the last few days, so sar Kawa is absolutely back. Mina Shirkaw has said, I want to see what Mariah may thinks of me. What's going on here? That could come to a head tomorrow night as well. So we may see Team Tay Melo tomorrow night. We may see Mina Shakkawa tomorrow night. I think there's a very good chance we will see at least Mina. It'd be a special surprise to see Tay Mellow. And I really do believe that if Jamie Hater is going to come back, I personally don't think that you wait until all in for her to make her appearance. I think you do it this week or next week on Dynamite, because that's gonna get just Jamie Hayter has been gone for four hundred and forty one or four hundred and forty two days now, and when you look at it, people are making posts on X you know, day act day, this much missing Jamie Hayter. You know she has wanted You don't bring a round out of pay per view, you set her up for a pay per view. These are at least even if she doesn't show her face easer at least maybe even du a vignette. Who knows, But yeah, anybody on thoughts on on on these women, I don't get them all mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like bringing Jamie Hayter back, That's like that would be bigger than even MJF coming back because it's has been so long. She's really like the top star in the women's division. Yeah, yeah, I really look forward to that night. It's crazy how long it's been.
Speaker 1: Geez, I wouldn't throw another thing out there. And this may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm going to say it. Uh. Remember we're talking about the whole Kyle O'Reilly, Roderick, Strong, Orange, Cassie just not going to have a resolution and just think it's gonna go on forever. But the other thing that seems like it's gonna go on forever is Chris Statlander and Will on Nightingale. Now they're having a zero hour match that is a match that is confirmed for zero hour at all in with with Stokely Hathway is Chris Statlander's partner for whatever reason at all? And and she as you know, you know, is she the the bowling ball wants to grow up to be a real boy. He He's gonna be Willow Knightingale's partner. This match makes no sense at all. It's like, okay, so we're gonna see Willow and Statlander again and no resolution. And not only is there not gonna be any resolution, what the hell are they gonna do to even move this story forward?
Speaker 4: It would be finish.
Speaker 1: I mean, at this point, it would have made more sense to have will On and Gale and thunder Rosa against Chris stat Land or Diana Parozzo. At least you could have something there.
Speaker 4: It would make sense for Orange Cassidy to be in that mixtag instead of being in the Gauntlet because will Orange Cassidy or at least brands and they have beef with stat Lander and stuff. I don't understand e she I don't. I'm not a big fan of his. I don't know his past, but I just don't enjoy him with him wrestling.
Speaker 5: It's just another example of Tony Kahan not knowing when to quit on something and let it go because there's no there's no reason for these two to continue to wrestle nothing. It goes nowhere, period.
Speaker 1: I disagree.
Speaker 4: Isn't she going for her triple A title or something?
Speaker 1: Well not on not at all in but my point is that, yeah, they can't just drop it without a resolution, So there is a reason for them to get the go Russell, But there is no reason for is she and Stokely hath the way to get involved in this beauty?
Speaker 2: Like in a way, it's kind of like, you know, getting Jim Cornett in the match in the eighties. It's Stokely's there, so Willow can finally get his greater hands on him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they can't because it's a mixed tag. They're not gonna let them wrestle each other.
Speaker 4: I think such a little.
Speaker 2: Is such a joke character that they can I think Willow could power bomb him, like he's not going to get any offense on her, but he'll probably do some stuff to Stokely. I don't see that an issue.
Speaker 4: The whole match, and he'll finally get his payday yeah, but but have you noticed have you guys been watching Collision enough to notice that and Nick Wayne had been going at it. I think that needs to be on not a Zero Hour, but I think can't deserve to be on the main card. And I'm in arrested that match because I think Nick Wayne needs to have a singles match. I know it'll probably be put in the Triple Threat match, but maybe he could I don't know, maybe he could do two matches.
Speaker 1: Well, don't forget Kiff Sabien is from the UK and they are doing a show in Wales next week and I think that that is going to be announced for next week in Wales, and I think that's a good match. I want to ask I want to ask that a question here specifically about this stokely hat the way Willow Knightingale against Chris Statlander and match nett hm. I want to ask you this, is this even? Is this a good match for Zero Hour at all? In or is it just a decent rampage match.
Speaker 6: I'd rather see it at Zero Hour if I had to see it at all, which I don't want to see it at all. If you're going to put it somewhere, put it at zero hour.
Speaker 1: It just blows my mind with this match, it really does.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I mean. There's there's a lot of other people who would love to be on TV, who are on the roster and would love to be out there, and this is what we're doing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: I think that Statlander and Willow and she are all way more talented than this. I think this is some kind of bad joke on Tony Kahan's party, and we deserve we deserve better as fans.
Speaker 1: I think I have not. I am fired up about all In because it's all In, but as far as the match card goes, I'm not.
Speaker 7: Seeing anything that's musty. I'm sorry, I just don't. Yeah, well, last year had all the hype. There's a brand new toy kind of thing going around, you know, around it and stuff. But I want to move on to the Actually I want to talk about the Casino Gauntlet match at all In because we have already talked about, you know, some of these wrestlers that.
Speaker 1: Could be shown. I mean, there's gonna be a lot of wrestlers that could be showing up on this match that we haven't talked about yet. There's something that we have talked about, and we've already heard that there's gonna be some surprises in there. So does anybody have any like a wish list of who they would like to see show up specifically for this Casino Gauntlet match.
Speaker 4: I think it has to be Ricochet at some point he has to appear. I think it'd get a big pop and uh, he should do it. But there's a red pro rye that's kind of been tossed around. Michael Oku mm hm yeah, yeah, I could see him being in it as well.
Speaker 1: Likewise, anybody else have any other names?
Speaker 6: My Dan Housen.
Speaker 3: Please? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, Dan Housen would be amazing. I think he might get the biggest pop of all in if he shows up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you have anybody, Alex?
Speaker 3: It's hard for me to stay. I I do like that. Michael Oku.
Speaker 2: I know he had a six star Dave Meltzer match with will Osprey and he also had that, you know, a match with them JF recently, So yeah, I'm hoping that.
Speaker 1: He beat will Osprey too this year.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 2: Eh, I want to go back and watch that match. I know five star matches don't really mean anything anymore, but I do think a sixth star match still better be pretty good. Yeah, I want to get familiar with him because it does sound like he's for sure going to show up. Yeah, and then one other name I'm thinking is gender Mahal formerly Gender Mahaal. I don't know what he goes by now.
Speaker 1: Right, the Motoraja.
Speaker 6: He's over there in GCW, running around like a lunatic.
Speaker 3: How has he been in GCW? How does he fit in?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: He fits in really well. He's already got an argument going on with with FI and you all know who the Bollywood boys are, right, Yeah? Okay, yeah, yeah, that's right. He's he's brought them over there and there's gonna be some kind of grudge match with him and FI and the Bollywood boys are involved as usual. So he looks really good. He's really solid. I like him as a wrestler, so it'd be nice to see him a couple of other places doing well.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw some names out there that I think could be in this match. Mkay, you've already said Michael Loku. I really think he's a shoe win for this match. I don't want to see tag team predominant tag team wrestlers in this match. But I'm gonna throw out some other names other than Michael Loku, Ricky Starks. If he's gonna stay or if this is gonna be a Swan song, why not get him out there just to say goodbye and get squashed or whatever. But but other names, Bobby Lafley, Oh yeah, of course we already mentioned Rick Paula Graham wouldn't mind seeing Kip Sabian. I wouldn't mind seeing to Beast Mort's in this match. I I don't know, it's it's just one of those things I don't want to I want to see wrestlers that this match is for a chance at a future World championship. Matt, I don't want to see somebody that's long in the tooth in this match. I want to see some people. I want every one of them to be, whether they're an underdog or a favorite, viable contenders for you know, Kip Sabian. I don't want to see somebody you know, and I don't mean this in a bad way. I don't want to see Johnny TV. I really don't. I don't want to see somebody like the Butcher because the Butcher's, you know, just one of those guys. That is great, but he gets it. He just gets in the way because he has no chance of winning. And let me put it this way, when you think of hey, who should be somebody that's fighting for the world championship, aw world championship, I don't think the Butcher's gonna be one that's mentioned, you know, and I don't I mean, I don't mean that he's he does what he does, he does it well. I'm not saying this to insult the Butcher at all, but I want to see people that, oh, yeah, well, at the end of the match, whoever wins, even if it's a surprise winner, I want to be able to say, oh, you know what, that could be a really good match.
Speaker 4: I would like for TK to get in touch with Penta and for Pentiship to show up in that match, even though he may not win. I think he'd get a big pop again because he said he's not done with a w and and elies aren't uh the lie lies, And I'd be interested in him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just had an idea Joey Janella reaching in this in Thisstalgia.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's a fantastic I think it's gonna be hang Man out a Page, just one. Nobody's mentioned he doesn't have a match. He's gonna get the title shot. He's gonna get it. Just the only thing I don't like about this is it's too random of how long it can last. Because if Hangman comes out third, you're gonna get two more people in the match gonna be over. If he's in it and he don't come out to like tenth or fifteenth, then you're gonna have a nice long match. And that's the one thing about these Gauntlet matches I don't like, because they can end at anytime.
Speaker 4: That's a good thing, though. Point maybe I don't want Hangman to win at all. I'm sorry. I am tired of him winning every single casino type of match. It's a it's a gotten stale. I don't know who I want to win, but I do not want Adam Page. So I love the guy. He's a great superstar, but he wins every very single time.
Speaker 1: My favorite to win this match, which makes sense to me, would be Pack. That would make sense. But you know who else? I would like to see this patch just for may No Machio.
Speaker 3: Oh, I just like to run out.
Speaker 1: I just like to see her run out. There for to come out. You know, big holding aside was I'm gonna win the you know, I'm gonna qualify the Women's World Championship match and realize that there's a bunch of men in the ring and have her look at confusion and go in there, flip somebody off and get you know, thrown out of the ring and she runs trying back to the back. I just think it would be funny, you know, and I just think it would be an interesting thing to do. Uh don't get her getting the pin and whatever, but machio, you know, because I just want to piss Jim Cornett off. So yeah, I mean, I hope that they do get well. I hope that they come tomorrow night and they actually alter the rules a little bit, because they seem to do that a lot. Aw seems to alter rules a lot and in their established matches. So hopefully they can get that done and make it to where it's more viable for say, twenty twenty one people to come out. I wanted to talk just a couple of seconds about the passing of the task Master Kevin Sullivan. You know, my memories of Kevin Sullivan. He was not the biggest guy in the world, and yet he got the job done. A brilliant wrestling mind just he just had it whenever he was, whenever he was in the ring, and the way he talked New England guy, And I'm from New England, And I'm thinking to myself, is that the way I sound? Because we were from not far from each other, although I did move to the South at an early age, where I'm sure he spent most of his life. It does anybody had any anything they want to say about Kevin Sullivan.
Speaker 2: So I I don't know a lot about him, just because I didn't watch. I guess him when he was at his peak, because what I remember best of Ken Kevin Sullivan is the dungeon of Doom WCW Haul Cogan facing Kevin Sullivan and like all his weird cronies that were all kind of horrible in their own way.
Speaker 3: Kind of maybe it was probably the.
Speaker 2: Bottom of his career, at least in televised wrestling, but it was kind of cool and it was something I remember fondly as a kid watching.
Speaker 4: So when I was at I went to and Tulsa and he came on the screen during during one of the breaks or or so and the people I went with. My sister in law didn't know who he was, and I was and my brother I were trying to explain exactly who he was. I really related to him as a booker more than I can remember much with him. But I know I know him as Okay, was he Nancy's was Nancy Sullivan? They're married, and then Crispin Waller. I don't remember that old story. But that's all I really know about him. I will love to say more, but he really doesn't. He really wasn't the rest of us that stood out to me.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: I know that as a wrestler, he was known for being a member of the group that tried to destroy Hulkogan when he first came to w CW. But Kellin Sullivan did a lot more in wrestling after he retired from the ring than he ever did in the ring. I mean, he was responsible for so much in w Early in WWE, around the time that he left wrestling, he went to WWE, was a bat. We did a lot of stuff backstage. The uh who was the one we were talking about before with the helmet that fell off block Master?
Speaker 1: Yeah, shock Master he died. That was his idea that.
Speaker 3: Was, that was what he was for.
Speaker 5: I mean, he did a lot of those things like that, and honestly, I think personally I didn't I didn't really like him as a wrestler because he just was so weird. But he did a lot for wrestling that nobody knows about because he didn't get credit for it because he was behind the scenes. So it was definitely something.
Speaker 1: That you know growing up.
Speaker 5: He made a big part of what w WWE was during that time.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure you want to take credit for this shock Master, but the greatest of all time.
Speaker 1: Come on, yes, the biggest embarrassment of the Rhodes family. But anyway, Yeah, when before we wrap things up, I wanted to give everybody a chance to just, I don't know, vent or just proclaim something. You know. I'll give you a couple of minutes to just talk about aw or professional wrestling or whatever you want to talk about. It could be you know, the lights in the ring, whatever you want to talk about. Is there anybody that would like to go first.
Speaker 4: I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: I want to get major props to thunder Rosa. She has been awesome. She had a great match at Last Collision. I think a lot of people awe her an apology because she was talking down on when when a certain other wrestler tried to bring her down. And she's really shown that she's here for the show and she's a big deal. She's very talented, she's not afraid to put over wrestlers, and she's done a very good job at putting on great quality matches that need to be put on. And she really helped my interest in Paraza because I've never known much about her, So she really put her on the map. And like it or not, she put Baker on the map, and she'll continue to do that as long as they keep giving her a chance. I don't think she has to be world Champion again, but she could be TBS and I wouldn't mind seeing her beating the breaks off of a off of Monet. So that's my piece.
Speaker 6: I have two things. When I first started watching a W which was at the very beginning of AAW, I fell in love with it because it felt very much like independent wrestling. It felt like it was away from the mainstream, something I hadn't seen in a really long time. I grew up watching WCW and WWF, so I've seen wrestling before it became commercialized and monetized, and that's what AAW really gave me the feel for over the past couple of years. To me, I've begun to kind of be a bit of a cynical wrestling fan when it comes to AAW because I like a lot of the wrestlers. But I feel that, especially since Dark and Elevation have been taken away, it's lost its edge that it had, of the feel for independent wrestling. And I get that things change, but it changed that part of itself a little bit too much. And now I think we're seeing the same wrestlers on TV every week. They're no surprises anymore. You can see what's coming. We've lost a bit of the storytelling, and I'm always saying I love the storytelling, and it's almost like we're able to see behind the curtain a little bit too much. There's always some kind of backstage drama. There's some kind of nonsense going on. Tony Kahan is fearing for his life. There's something that has taken away from the rest and I miss that part and I hope that they get it back. I don't know how they can get it back, but I hope to see it come back. And my other complaint with AEW is lately they have changed their TV lighting and graphics. And I don't share this with a lot of people, but I'm gonna share this one. I am a photosensitive epileptic and something that they are doing with their lighting and graphics, especially on Wednesday nights, makes the show almost unwatchable for me. And it wasn't like this before, but over maybe the past two months, it's gotten this way and nothing has changed with me so and it only happens with AEW. They really get me on Wednesdays a little bit on Saturdays, but usually I know what movies and TV shows and kinds of things to avoid, and AAW has been one of the safe things. So I know it's something that they have done with unexpected flashes of light and the way they're moving that camera around, and I wish they would knock it off. I'm not on Twitter, so I can't complain to any of them on Twitter about whatever it is they're doing. But maybe those other fans that listen to the podcast and also deal with epilepsy have this issue too, and we can all kind of get together and figure out what it is and get AW to stop doing it because they're going to have a lot of fans who can't watch it if they don't. And I've even been to their live shows, so I know it's something happening on TV.
Speaker 5: I really hope that in the next between now and all out that and maybe a little after that, that Tony gets it, just starts to realize that he does need to change things up. So it's just becoming you know, I haven't really watched the last two Saturday night shows because I looked at what was going to be on and went, Okay, I know what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: What's the point?
Speaker 5: And I don't want to get to that point because I love AW. I think it's the best thing going right now. But it's getting to the point where they have he has to get something in him to become more open about how he runs things because the scheduling things the same all the time, people all the time, doing the same matches all the time. I mean, the Statlander Willow match, the rivalry has been overblown completely, the Orange Cassidy thing. That stuff's all got to change because there are so many good wrestlers that we don't get to see, having eight hours a month a week shouldn't be playing time to get a lot of these guys on there, but they're just not there. So I'm hoping that in the next few weeks or the next couple of months, that they'll start to realize that maybe they don't even make some changes and they can get to the point where they do a little bit better of showcasing other talent.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, I'll try.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I have a bit of a theory on a lot of the negative.
Speaker 2: Feedback that AW gets, and I think it all comes down to, like, AW is focused on wrestling matches. You know, that's their primary goal is to put on good, long wrestling matches, and if you go to an AW event, a live event, like to see Dynamite or see Collision, it's it's great to watch because you're just watching un filtered wrestling matches one after the other and a little bit of promos and backstage stuff. So it's great show to see live. And I just think there's an issue translating that sometimes to TV because you have commercial breaks and there's breaks in the action. But you know, a fifteen minute match on TV does take away time from other wrestlers. It does take away time from backstage promos and stuff, and I think it's on one hand, it's what everyone wants to see is long wrestling matches, and that's why you tune in to.
Speaker 3: AW over WWE.
Speaker 2: But I also think part of that style doesn't translate to television as well, and kind of, you know, in a way, WWE gets flack for not having long matches and little wrestling time, but some of the issue is just it's like a TV issue. You're trying to make the best TV show you can, and I think it's maybe a learning process for AW to figure out the perfect balance there, because I think, yeah, these weeks, the long weeks in between pay per views where they always put on amazing pay per views, but you know, you're six weeks out from a pay per view and you've seen all these TV matches, then it people just kind of interest wanes after a while.
Speaker 1: I'm going to wrap things up with something that, you know, maybe positive here. I want to give some props to start them. As we know, Ada J has been over at start and participating in their five Star Grand Free Tournament where Energy will wrestling in a minimum of six matches, and there she moves on another two matches with her shot at getting a not at the Startum one. I think it's the wonder of Startum Champion and Championship is what they call it. The reason I want to get props to start them first of all, is that they are really letting Anna Jay shy. She's had two matches. She beats the ORIANEU, which is amazing. He did lose the Starlight Kid, but for people that watched it, they did say that this was Ana Jay's the best match that she's ever had and probably the longest match he's ever had. It was a really good match. The thing I want to give props to start them for is that this particular show where Anna j did wrestle Starlight Kid took place at one pm Eastern in one pm I'm sorry one pm in Japan, which is midnight Eastern and nine pm Central Pacific in the United States, and Stardom was kind enough to put that match for free live on YouTube so people could watch the match. It's still up there, you know, because it wasn't YouTube video. If you haven't seen it, just go on to the Stardom official YouTube channel. You'll see the match card and it chose the Starlight Kid. The thumbnail for the match is for that particular show is as the thumbnail of Starlight Kid and and A J. Now, they didn't show the whole go, but they did cut and they did cut it off right after the AA Jay and Starlight Kid batch was over. But I just thought it was nice of Stardom to give the opportunity to American fans to see Ener Jay and Starlight Kid perform for free. And it was also smart marketing because now people will have looked at that and they may say, well, I've got to watch these other matches and joined stardom World, which is their streaming service online and it costs like six bucks a month, and it's worth it because you get to see so many rate things. The Stardom is special, it really is. But anyway, props to Stardom for giving American fans the opportunity to watch and A Jay and Starlight Kid for free. We will be back tomorrow night with all we talk with our review of aw Dynamite, and then next week we're just going to be hitting this hard because I'm hoping we have some positive stuff to talk about that a lot of stuff will be coming out on Dynamite, Rampage and Collision this week, leading into Wales and Wimbley khym So. For the ae W fanb podcast team, this is Kelson is Alex. Good night, everybody, night, everybody
Speaker 6: Good night everyone Okay week