Speaker 1: You like fantasy ball sans chasm that I shall not me hear myself stun spans and they can't even count some of you uniforcasom surround.
Speaker 2: It ain't even.
Speaker 1: Better the health, well, ye have several charges on everyone something else And I'm already I'm.
Speaker 2: Like to hear my baby sounds just like your name was, Mark. And it's a rhyde By podcast. It's a rapp podcast. It's a rapp podcast. It's a ride by podcast. It's a rap up podcast, a wrap up podcast. Got a turn doh rap bo podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome back. It is the Raspball Fantasy Baseball Podcast. I am beat on, Go and buy the one, the only, the Fantasy Master Lithario himself, the spectacled wonder Gray, all right, hey beat.
Speaker 2: On, what's going on? Man? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I am?
Speaker 2: I am spectacled. I actually I used to wear contacts when I first started rasball, but then during the pandemic, I was like this, I'm not I'm not seeing anyone, I'm not doing anything. But what am I putting on contacts for? What a waste? And then I got yeah, I got lazy. That's what happens, man. You get lazy. Get life. Life comes at you real fast and you get lazy. Uh. So did you see my post on Monday? You probably did it.
Speaker 1: I did not grat Okay, I was. I was returning from a bachelor party weekend and uh a few days off, so it was a long weekend. I h I got my lineup set and that was about as much as that I got done on Monday.
Speaker 2: Not not not a real excuse, but okay, I'll uh I love it slide you know, you know it's not an.
Speaker 1: Excuse for you because you don't drink or you know, do anything that would cause recovery time to be necessary. But if some of our listeners understand what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I hear you. I haven't drinking a long time. And that wasn't even really I don't. I don't think I ever really said I was gonna stop drinking.
Speaker 1: I just did.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So chat GBT, did you see you didn't see this? You should open up my my post from today, Uh, Tariq. It's hard to get San Juan hit when you're poor trek and I don't. I don't know what Rudy was doing with the I don't know what Ruy was doing with the title the month's title. Rudy said, I was like, I need a title. So this is how titles go. With Rasball. I send a I send a message a DM over to Rudy and I'm like, I need a title for Tarik's scuble. He pitched a gem. So then Rudy sends me back a title and I'm like, I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what this means. I mean I might have to defend it or something like what if the commenter is like, what's your title mean? So I you know, and that has happened before, Like a commenter will be like, oh, what does the title mean this? And I'll be like, I don't know. I don't know. I don't know what's a rudey title. I don't know. So I said to Rudy, I was like, what's his title mean? He's like, say it out loud and I'm like, well, I'm at the movies, so I can't really just I can't start talking out loud anyway. That wasn't even it didn't that was not so you have it open now I do. Okay, So look at Matt Urling. So this was chatchbt. Did you do you see the CHATCHBT thing?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, So I said to chat GBT because Rudy was like playing around with chat GBT for our football side of things. By the way, the RAS Bowl sign ups are going on right now on football dot rasball dot com. So go over to football and sign up for the ras Ball.
Speaker 1: Anyway, my rankings drap drop on Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, so beat on his rankings for Fantasy football drop on Friday. Okay, so I said, So Rudy said to me he's playing around with chat GBT. For I never really played around with him. But Rudy was like, I'm gonna play around with it and see if it's usable for our football, like, you know, for football to do like a you know, a Q and A on the football projection. So I'm like, okay whatever. He's like, have you played around with it all? I'm like, no, I haven't played around with it. He's like, you should look at you should check it out. So I'm like okay. So I, So I go to chat GBT and I'm like, give me a few sentences to describe Matt Urling for Fantasy Baseball in the style of Gray Albright. Dude, it literally gave me me back to me. I mean it is like uncanny. I showed this to Kougs and she's like, wow, I could I could basically be married to chat GPT.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's uh. I'm glad that you're finally on board. You know you're you know you're old, so it's okay that you're late. I mean I'm not young. But like the readers know or the listeners know when I use chat ebt in my descriptions, Like it's pretty clear. Uh it's either in the template that I've wrote every description for the last three years, four years, whatever it's been, or it's really like entertaining and funny and.
Speaker 2: Uh oh man, dude, it is literally it sent me back to me. Man. Like it literally like for people who didn't read my Monday post. Uh, it says for Matt Urling, it says, matt Urling sounds like the name of a guy who installs your ceiling fan then hits two homers off your ace the same night. It sounds like that, I'd say. And then it says eligible at three positions and hotter than a mid July bush light. He sneaks putting together a season that says poor man's wit and Merryfield with a gym membership. I don't know what that means, but it sounds like sometimes, Oh my god, not a league this is it continues, not a league winner, but a category filler who shows up on waivers every may like you up. Don't ignore the upside. He's got fifteen ten potential with a dash of why didn't I pick him up two weeks ago? My god, this sounds just like me. The computers are taking over.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah great, I'm just gonna I'm gonna write all your posts for you. I'm just gonna ask chat ebt, you know, summarize last night in Gray Albright done, and you can just do you just pay me for whatever time you would normally spend writing it, you know. And that's how it works. I think that's exactly how most company are working. Now. You're just young people feeding the older people above them chat GBT, you know, and seeming very intelligent.
Speaker 2: We're screwed, okay, anyway, let's see.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna take over the world. Gay, It's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Let's just do a podcast now that chat GIBT could have done in thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I guess the Pirates really are wondering if chat Ebt can bring back o'neo Cruz to you know, the player that they thought they were getting back in Like April, he wants out of Pittsburgh. You can't really blame him for that. I think every player in Pittsburgh wants out of Pittsburgh unless they can't sign anywhere else. April two fifty three, eight home runs, twelve stone bases. May he hit two oh two four hum runs six to olen bases. You know, not great, but at least those the home run stone bases were there. June Gray, He's hitting one fifty three with a home run in nine stolen bases. He's been benched for lack of hustle on multiple occasions. If you've seen any clips or watched any Pirates game, you've basically seen it. I mean, what do you think in regards to Oneil Cruz, Like, what are you doing with him for you know, our purposes until he gets traded? Can you can you start him at all? Or is it a a hold and pray situation? M M.
Speaker 2: Well, I would say, you know, I was thinking I should have just asked chat Shipt this, But well, isn't he he was good as a shortstop, like as a defensive shortstop, right, yeah, yeah, So how did he go to the outfield and now he like he's incapable of picking up grounders in the outfield by the time he's like he's he's like basically like the the reverse me. If you were to put me a shortstop and hit a one hundred and ten mile per hour grounder at me, I would dive out of the way and hide my face. And he is basically in the outfield and a thirty five mile per hour grounder makes it out to him, and he's like, oops, my bad. I really kind of like shocked at what Like every time I watch him too, Like, I don't watch the Pirates that much, to be honest. I watched them occasionally when Paul Skins is pitching or if they're going against a team I want to watch, But I don't watch the Pirates a ton. But the few times I have watched the Pirates, every time the ball gets to the outfield, O'Neil.
Speaker 3: Cruiz is it's like an adventure out there for him to play center field. The ball is it's so far away from the plate and somehow he can't.
Speaker 2: Pick up he can't pick up a grounder in the outfield, but he's able to play short stop. It's really puzzling anyway. Uh, I don't know if like you mentioned benching him, I don't. I mean, he is at the end of the day, he is a fifteen homer twenty seven steel guy right now. I know the average isn't good, but fifteen homers in twenty seven steels, I don't know if you can really bench that. I know June has been a miserable month for him, but yeah, I mean I get it. I do think he is like miserable, which I mean, he seems miserable, and I would imagine I would be two in Pittsburgh, So I mean, I can't fault the guy for being miserable in the same place I would also be miserable. But uh, yeah, I mean he he's definitely I mean, he's definitely struggling. In the month of June, he had what was it, one sixty nine in the month of June one fifty three. It was a bad month. Whatever it was, it was a bad he Actually he had two homers on Sunday and and raised his June numbers a little bit, so the numbers you said were a little bit lower. But he he definitely, I mean, he definitely looks like a mess and doesn't look happy, which is not good. Uh, but I don't know if you can really bench him with that much talent. I mean, he was, he was struggling, and like I just mentioned, he he had a good Sunday with a two homer Sunday. So I'm imagining, you know, he could get hot this week and make all this sort of a moot point and have like a hot July potentially. So yeah, I mean, I'm I'm fine with you know, starting him every day. I think you got a you know, certain guys you just sort of have to run out there and let them, you know, art for your fantasy team rain or shine, and hopefully at the end of you know, the six month season, you have good stats. I don't really I don't know, really like what it's going to take other than potentially a trade to really get him totally right. But he, yeah, he seems miserable. I don't know what else he'll say on that. I think, I mean, he strikes out a ton, so he's gonna be prone to these you know, incredibly deep valley slumps, and that's it seems to be what he's going through right now. I imagine, you know, when he gets hot, it'll be it'll be the opposite and he'll have you know, his his May. His May wasn't great. I believe it was what was his April that was really solid. So he's coming. Yeah, so he's kind of having you know, he's kind of had back to back sort of miserable months. Yeah, I mean in April. I do remember in April, people are like, oh my god, Like I think I actually might even said this. I don't know chat GPT would know for sure, but I think I might even said that O'Neill Cruz looks like it's, you know, this guy who's hitting in April, looks like the guy who's going to be a top ten, top fifteen overall player in twenty twenty six. But yeah, that didn't happen. Obviously. The strikeouts are just so crazy. He's just like he doesn't make enough contact to really have a consistent year from you know, month to month, so there is going to be these huge slumps. I think probably like if he were to bring his contact into you know a little bit better like Ellie da La Cruz. I mean, he seemed like he was going to be a contact issue for his whole career and his contact right like, he's at a twenty five percent strikeout rate, hitting two eighty, which reminds me kind of what with Bobby Wood Junior what we thought of him when he first came up. We thought Bobby Wood Junior was going to be a batting average risk with his contact and he was able to figure it out. And also going even further back, I remember that for Chris Bryant was when he originally came up, he was striking out like thirty percent of the time and then he was able to figure out. Anthony Rizzo was another guy. But yeah, so guys do occasionally figure it out, like not always, but some guys do figure it out. And I think O'Neil Cruz is young enough maybe where he could still but it seems like that sort of ship has passed at this point, Like he's he's young, He's young enough, but not quite young enough to figure out his contact where I think, you know, maybe he gets it down to twenty nine twenty eight percent at some point if he gets into a good groove for a long period of time. But right now he he seems like he's a thirty plus percent strikeout rate guy, which is gonna be you know, at best, probably to fifty ish hitter, maybe potentially you know, two fifty five.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: He actually hit two thirty nine in twenty twenty four with a thirty percent strikeout right, So he does hit the ball so hard, so that that is good. That's he's got that going for him, hitting the ball hard. So but at thirty three percent, it's gonna you know, which is strikeout right now? At thirty three point six percent, that is gonna be, that's gonna be it's gonna be a struggle for him to hit hired in like two thirty. So I do still think you have to start him every day though, because of the power and speed and like Sunday with the two homer game he has, you know, he has the ability to have like out of nowhere these great games, and you don't want to have that on your bench. So yeah, I'm still on board with o'neo Cruz.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're you're still starting him, Let me throw some names at you on whether you would trade O'Neill Cruz out for these players. But let's start with Bobashev. No. Okay, let's aim a little bit higher than that. How about Ian Hap?
Speaker 2: So in your scenario, you have Ian Hap on your bench and you you want to start him at utility over O'Neal Cruz.
Speaker 1: Is that what I'm saying? You're like tired of ONEO Cruz and you're looking.
Speaker 2: At going off with you Ian Hap?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I would I would keep on'eo Cruz in that scenario.
Speaker 1: Okay. How about Byron Buxton? Would you buy into his his hot season? No?
Speaker 2: Because I think he's gonna get injured at any point, So I'm not getting into that.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I guess let's go all the way to the last name I have here, uh CJ Abrams.
Speaker 2: I would go C J Abrams over O'Neill Cruz.
Speaker 1: Okay. So there's there's gonna be a point where, yeah, you just take take the guy who's who's performing right now, and you know, of equal value.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, let's move on.
Speaker 1: Then let's talk about a player we all kind of liked. Uh. I don't know if we all liked him, but he got a lot of draft type right at the end of draft season, and that is Cam Smith, and he was he's kind of doing the opposite of O'Neill Cruz where he started out terrible. He was hitting two thirteen with three homers in a stolen base in April May. You know, he hit for a little bit better average, but only one stolen base, no home runs, got dropped a lot of places. And now in June Gray He's hit three eighteen with four home runs, two stone bases, fourteen runs and sixteen RBIs you know, he does seem to be hitting better in Houston. That's that's not really surprising giving the ballpark. But what are your thoughts on Cam Smith? Are you going to grab him up pretty much across the board or is this more of a you know, depending on what your roster in corner Enfield is looking like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I you know I still have I still have him in a league or two.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: This could potentially be his breakout. I mean, we we saw a guy who came up and was overmatched in April, and you know, a bit in May as well, even though was a little bit higher average, but still was kind of overmatched. And now in June, he started, you know, he started to hit for power, he was hitting for average, he was doing everything, and an adjustment period of like, you know, two months for a twenty two year old is like nothing. I mean that that is really like I feel like if we saw a similar pattern with Roman Anthony, we would think nothing of it either. And cam Smith, like if everyone remembers, we were crazy excited about him in March because of how insane he was doing in spring training, and then adjustment period happened in April and May, and now he's coming out of in June. It's not an unheard of pattern for a rookie hitter. So I think this could be his breakout. Like this, this is potentially cam Smith becoming who we thought he was back in March. I'm completely bought in. I. You know, I mentioned I already had him in leagues. I never really I didn't drop them in the leagues I had. I might have dropped him in one league, that's not true. I potentially could have dropped him in May in a shallower in like a twelve team league. I probably did drop him, but I have him also in a fifteen team league, where I never dropped him and I think I benched him at certain points in April and May, but he's definitely he's been in the mainstay in my lineup now for the month of June, and hopefully this is him, you know, taking off and becoming who we thought he was, which is you know, I think he is. I mean, he's insanely talented, like he has you know, seventy great power potential, you know, forty homer power, has ten steel speed. His hitting right now at twenty six point seven percent strikeout rate on the year, and that's including you know, some of those you know, some of the struggles he had early on in watch McCall in April, he's hit. He had a twenty five percent strikeout rate in June for a twenty two year old, Like that's kind of like that's star. That's like basically, if I, you know, in a year's time, look back on Cam Smith and he's a star in twenty twenty six, I could look at the month of June as being the point when he started breaking out and becoming that superstar. So I I and that wouldn't be a shock to me to have that happen. So yeah, I think this is you know, I if Cam Smith is out there, I would actually I would absolutely be buying in and in Keepers in Dynasty for next year. If you can still get Cam Smith for a relatively decent price in a Keeper of Dynasty. Now's the time to be doing it, because if he keeps, you know, in July and August, he keeps progressing and getting better and better, it's gonna be a more expensive, you know, proposition to try and trade for him at that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, maybe you can use this the home road splits to get that value or keep that value, you know, relatively affordable. Three eleven five home runs and three stolen bases at home, two forty three two home runs and a stolen base on the road. Who do he do? Uys have ten less games on the road for the you know, the home run stolen base numbers. Let me ask you some names, you know, Cam Smith or if you're looking at you know, maybe your free agent wire, you're looking at your roster. Maybe you have some of these guys and Cam Smith is sitting there. If you have brooks Lee who's actually been okay recently, would you drop brooks Lee for Cam Smith?
Speaker 2: I would?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's move up the boy a little bit. How about Josh Smith, who is he's been solid?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would go to Cam Smith.
Speaker 1: Okay, Willie Castro out of the utility player, but if you're starting him, particularly at third base, a different, different.
Speaker 2: Type of player, but I would go Cam Smith, Okay, equal kind of June breakout.
Speaker 1: Spencer Steer.
Speaker 2: M that's a that's a tough one because Spencer Steer could potentially be breaking out as well from his early struggles. I'd probably go camp Smith though.
Speaker 1: All Right, one more, how about how about Alec Baum, who you know has been very solid this year, just doing his Alec Baumb thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super boring but somewhat valuable, doing his normal, his normy type thing. I would go camp Smith because Alec Baum, at the end of the day, I mean, you know what you're getting, it's like top twenty ish third baseman because of average runs and nothing really else. So yeah, I would go camp Smith just for the upside.
Speaker 1: Okay, you were you were in on camp Smith and Gray I like it, and I'm also in on him. I picked him up in the I think he was available in two leagues and I got him in one and got outfit in the other so definitely worth grabbing if he's still yeah, actually.
Speaker 2: In Cam Smith's defense, which I don't know if he needs defense because we're obviously profusely talking about how much we like him. But if player Raider for the season, this is player Raider for the season. Third baseman rankings, Cam Smith is above Josh Smith, Willie Castrow, brooks Lee, and just about even a little bit below Alec Baum but close and Alec Bomb. Like I mentioned, is you know, he's being bullied by good batting average and some runs actually okay, so yeah, so so Cam Smith is even with those struggles in April and May, overall for the year has actually been pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has been. I mean again, you just kind of ignoring what's happened because that's already happened. You can't do anything about it. And he's been he's been good since making that adjustment. Hopefully you can continue that going forward, and like you said, hopefully he is a guy that we all want to draft in twenty twenty six. Let's talk about some people who have struggled in June, like o Neil Cruz did Gray and these are all gonna be highly owned guys. Gray and you know, we're not necessarily I don't think we're dropping any of guys. These guys all act to you. Maybe maybe one of these guys might be starting inter that territory. But let's get into it. Let's start with Jaren Duran. April he is he had two seventy nine, two runs, ten stone bases, was doing everything you want him to do. May two fifty eight runs three stone base is not not exactly great, but okay. In June two o six one home run and two stolen bases.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on Jaron Duran? I, you know, I think he's another one where I wouldn't be surprised if he's potentially moved in the trade during the trade deadline, because he doesn't seem happy either or and not happy in Boston potentially. I don't know if I don't know what they're gonna do, but they have to. I feel like they have to get rid of one more guy still the Red Sox that is uh and Duran feels like the odd man out potentially. So I look at his numbers and I think he looks to me like he's just having like a bit of an off year. It doesn't like it. It looks like like his strikeouts are up progressively each month they've gotten worse, uh slump. The slumps have you know, have extended into like, you know, weeks at a time, like you mentioned June has been bad. May wasn't that good. I mean, he's really fast. So I mean, the the real problem, like or not the problem, but the the unfortunate thing is like that the steals haven't even been there because like you know, at worst case scenario, guy that fast, you would hope would get on base and steal some you know, steal some bags to help with his fantasy value even if he's not hitting for power. But the I mean, the the bigger issue, and I think why his his year. It looks like his year is going to be down overall because like the hard hit is down for the year, the fly balls aren't down, and the ground balls aren't up. So the fact that he's not hitting for power makes me think that he's just he's he's not making good contact unfortunately, and you know that feels like it's something that's just dragging on now going on like three months half the season now, where he's just not making that good of contact. So I I think this feels like a down year for him. I don't know. I mean, maybe he still comes out of it. Maybe he starts hitting for power in the second half and you know, he or he gets traded and you know, wherever he goes it becomes a non issue there maybe, But yeah, I don't know. His numbers don't like, his strikeouts are up a little bit, but not really up that much. It's really the hard the hard contact that's down that has me fairly concerned because you know, nothing else in his batted ball profile really is jumping out like a launch angle. Well it's you know, up a little bit, but not that bad from last year, and you know, it's just sort of like not really great. You know, just not making solid contact is really seems to be the issue. And that, you know, I mean, he could come out of that. It's possible. I would probably be selling low. I wouldn't be dropping though I would. I would. You know, it depends on the trade that people get offered and how much you can trade for someone here. But I would probably be looking to trade low a little bit, not not like, you know, insanely low, but I don't think you're getting draft value anyway, Like he was a top twenty pick in the draft, so you're not getting that. But if you can get top fifty right now, I'd probably take it, just at a concern that he never really out of this. And you know, because like last year he had twenty one homers, stole thirty four bags. This year, if he breaks you know, twelve homers and twenty five or thirty, I mean, he could still get the steals that those coming up, Those can come in a handful in a bunch. So I but the homers really are what I think is never not going to get there this year. So if he breaks twelve homers this year, I feel like that would be a victory for him. And that is way below where I think preseason projections had him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm not I had I had him ranked you know pretty much, I think around eightp So I'm not going to sit here and say I didn't like him. But I was worried because the twenty one home runs kind of came out of nowhere. It's not something that was really in his profile prior to that. And it seems like, you know, his true home run numbers maybe in the teens rather than in the low twenties. That is disappointing. You know, I think in regards to the hard hit gray to maybe calming you down a little bit. It does depend on what hard hit you're using, because there's the the Fangraphs hard hit, which combines how the ball is launched and it has to be in a certain you know, window of that. And then there's the stat cast hard hit, which is strictly how hard the ball comes off the bat. In the stat cast, how hard the ball comes off the bat, it's actually up. It's actually the best of his career along with the average exit velocity, so in you know, in theory, he's actually hitting the ball harder. But it is also the highest launch angle he's had, and that's been an issue in June where it's climbed to like a fifteen and a half sixteen launch angle, and his last year he was at a nine and a half for the season, so that may be The issue is just like he needs to put the ball on the ground. He needs to hit you know, line drives and ground balls, and right now it feels like he's you know, the twenty one home runs got him feeling himself a little. He went a little Willie Mays Hayes trying to launch everything and just hitting warning track balls. You know, forty seven percent fly balls in June only fifteen percent line drive. That just feels like a like he's just trying to launch everything for some reason. One thing that he didn't have last year is is bad splits. He was better at home than than on the road last year. But two ten versus lefties this year and two seventy five versus righties. That was a lot closer last year. So I'm not sure what's going on that. That maybe again just a swing path thing where it's it's harder to hit lefties. If if you're trying to uppercut everything in regards to selling Gray top top thirty outfielder, would you would you take? I mean, the rest of season on the top thirty would be like Riley Green's at twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I would take Riley Green, Okay, So you would.
Speaker 1: Take a pretty much a top thirty outfielder as long as they have I would say, you know, at least some upside at that point, because there's a few names on the rest of the season that you know, we you and I probably wouldn't have there, But it's a you know, it's it's it's the projection system. But yes, I think top thirty is about about the right area grade. Maybe you can tell them as a top twenty just based on the stolen bases to the right team. But I think that's probably where you're looking.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, yeah, like looking at the UH, looking at what what has already happened the player raider for the season thus far, the guys in the UH in the top twenty outfielders. Uh, So this would be buying high because these guys have already been the top twenty outfielders so far for this year. Out of those guys who I wouldn't necessarily trade Byron Buxton would be a guy I would not trade Duran for. And also Yelich, Andy Page's Hunter Goodman, who's top fifteen outfielder actually right now, but you probably have my Catcher and Helio Ramos and Taylor Ward, but guys who I so then, so that leaves the guys who I would Aaron Judge obviously, Pete Crow, Armstrong, Kyle Tucker, James would, Juan Soto, Saya, Suzuki, Riley Green, Cormyn Carrol, Who's injured right now, but I would still trade for him Jackson, Cheerio Tatis, Brenton Rooker, Julio Rodriguez, Taeoscar Hernandez, and aforementioned O'Neil Cruz, which would probably be probably a trade you could do. I think I would. I would take O'Neil Cruz over Duran because I think the power is higher and the steels are relatively the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're they're both contact issue guys right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Duran's average is going to be better. But you know, I would go oneal Cruz over Duran, Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there's a few guys after, Like you named a few guys you wouldn't take. There's definitely a few guys after Duran you would still take, like probably Jazz, you know, I just looking down the list, maybe maybe a guy we're gonna talk about here a little bit as well. But you really do hate Nanty Pye, So you just you just don't buy it.
Speaker 2: I don't. I wouldn't say I hate it. It's just it's like, you know, it's a sample size of a major league, sample size of three months. I mean I have them in a league, I you know, I have them in my tow Wars league, where I am currently in first place. But I would say with Andy Payes, I like him. I just you know, it's like, how much can you trust a guy who's only been who's only done it for half a season. I mean it's fine, it's good. I mean he's been great. He's a top twenty outfielder right now. So you know, I'm not kicking it off my team. But I would still take Duran, uh, you know, for just to put it together and potentially be uh, you know, a top five outfielder or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely agree with the upside play, especially if you're you know, you're needing to chase some some points and get back into things. You gotta you gotta take a risk of some guys to turn it around. I think we would both. You know, I actually take Jackson Merrill over him despite his struggles in June, correct, Gray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would take Jackson Merrill.
Speaker 1: All right. So Merrill's first thirty one games April through May, since he he did miss some time, but the first thirty one games he hit three twenty two, three sixty two, five twelve and nineteen percent k raid a five and a half percent walk rate, five home runs of stolen base. Is it is all going well? Twenty games in June, he's hitting two fifty three thirty three, three fifty five, no home runs, no stolen bases. You know, the numbers in general look okay, Gray, but what are your thoughts on Jackson Merrill and just the power speed drying up?
Speaker 2: This is like, this is probably confirmation by it, but I feel like with Jackson Merrill and Gunner and I'm thinking of Gunner Henderson as well, and like guys who just get injured and then they come back and they're never the same or at least not the same this year and it takes them yeah, yeah, this season because it just feels like sometimes like these guys get injured and it's just like they just don't come back, right. I don't know, man, I'm concerned about Jackson merriw. I think he's probably injured still, but it's like, how do you you know, what do you do with that information? I don't know. I don't know if he is really injured still. I'm saying I think he might be because just the numbers look so terrible, But I don't know. I would probably I'd be looking to buy low on him just because you know, it's like, how long can he stay injured? I mean, I would assume he's gonna like I'm assuming he's gonna get healthy. Like that's like the same way I feel about Gunner Henderson aka Grounder Henderson with this awful long jangle this year, Man, I'm gonna be so out on Gunner Henderson. Next year he's gonna have like he's gonna be a top three Fantasy next year. It's gonna be so awful. I already know it. I already know what's gonna happen. But back to Jackson Merrill, Yeah, I mean, I mean his ground balls are up, hard hit looks down again. It's like you know, unfortunately, like you mentioned with Duran, none of these sites can get on the same page using the same data. So I say hard hit is down, and then you look at a different site it looks like their heart hit is up. So I don't know, but what I'm looking at right now, it looks like Jackson Merrill's hardhead is down. I'm on fangraphs, so maybe stadcast is showing something differently. I don't know why these people can't all get on the same page anyway. Jackson Merrill is ground balls are up, five balls are down. Hard hits down. But he's probably just injured or he's probably you know, struggling to come back from the injury he had earlier. Uh so he's just not one hundred percent yet. But that could you know, at some point that could click and he could have a huge second half. So I would be buying him. But there's no there's nothing really to point to and be like, oh, yeah, this is why he should be better. I mean his numbers look.
Speaker 1: Like, eh, yeah, I mean that's that's pretty much where we're at right now. With the numbers. You're buying based on kind of the upside, based on what we saw last year. And you know, the injury narrative makes it easy to say, yeah, I mean he just gets it, gets gets healthy and kind of gets back in the flow of things and you know, turn things around. So it's it's definitely a narrative that you can buy into. Uh, you know, just looking at the player Raider Gray, let's start with you know, maybe uh, let's start Jan Duran. Would you have have Duran or Meryl uh Merrill? Okay, I think we actually asked you that already h Ian hat uh uh I would go Meryl, Okay, I do feel like Ian Happ is basically like the average version of Merrill. So you're like trading one that's struggling for like the average version when Meryl still has the upside.
Speaker 2: Ian Happ is like the guy who's like for fantasy. It's like, if you can take Ian Hap over Player A, then player A should probably be on waivers. It's like, as good as Ian Hap is every year, it's impossible to say like, oh, yeah, I want Ian Hap, Like do you really want them? I mean you should, you should want them, but do you really want them? It's hard. It's hard to be like, yes, I want Ian Happ. It's so boring.
Speaker 1: It's It's definitely one of those draft and hold or type of plays where like you don't have to look at it, you just come back the season You're like, Ian Half is the man. He's a top twenty five outfielder, twenty outfielder every year. Why does nobody want this guy? But yeah, you have to look at it week by week. Give me a little.
Speaker 2: Brutal He's probably like the best guy for like a best ball or like a Gladiator league. It's like, oh, yeah, I drafted Ian Half. Now I never have to think about him again.
Speaker 1: And nobody wanted him, so you know I got him late. How about how about one Cruise Gray We talked about him already, No Cruiser or Jackson Marrie.
Speaker 2: I would go Neil Cruz.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go somewhere in the middle of those two. Then how about Taoscar. I feel like Taoskar is a good middle.
Speaker 2: I would go ta Oscar.
Speaker 1: Okay. So you're willing to give up a guy, but not necessarily a like a top fifteen or maybe.
Speaker 2: At a hard one. It would be a hard trade to do an Andy Pies. That would be hard. I would, but it would be hard. It would be difficult though. I would struggle with it, but I would do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, James Wood, I'm assuming you take James Wood over Oh you gotta take James Wood, you know.
Speaker 2: Thank god? Thank I mean thank god I had James Wood over Jackson Merrill in my rankings because I took James Wood in every league, and thank god I did. If I would ahead Jackson Merrill in every league instead of James Wood, I wouldn't be I wouldn't be thrilled with myself right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I thought I had James Wood high, but you're you were definitely even higher than on him than I was. It's uh, he's been great and and uh, well hopefully we'll be for a long time. Uh. That's also what we thought about Jackson Merrill though, so we will see. Uh a guy we also assume was just continued being good after a down season last year. Gray and next two guys, you know, we thought the return of Vicunya might kickstart the Braves offense, and it has for a couple of players, but for a few players it has not. A couple of those are Alsie Albi's and Michael Harris. Albi's has not been good at any point this season, but it's getting worse. Gray April two thirty eight, four home runs, four stolen bases. Not great, but kind of an Albi's line the year. You know, he'll he'll have a good month somewhere and build off that. May two thirty two home runs, a stone base. Again not great. Maybe there's better time to come. That did not happen in June. He's sitting one ninety eight. He has no home runs two stolen bases. He's always destroyed lefties Gray He's not even doing that every home run he has his versus right yes, which is so weird for him. I mean, this is the maybe the one guy on this list I want to ask, does he need to be owned at this point?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. I think I think we've reached a point where you can drop Ozsi Alby's. Unfortunately, I I've already. I think I finally I had him in my in an hour RCL league, a league that I'm struggling for the first time in probably a decade, but I am. I've had Ozzy Alby's and I've benched him a couple of times. I think I might be dropping them soon. I think it's I think we've gone to the point where it's just not it's not happening. Uh And maybe it does at some point happen. But is the upside really worth the you know, how much you're going through the stress of like you know, or the the ulcer you're that is building up in your body to own Ozzi Alby's right now? I don't think it is. I mean, I don't think the upside is really that great to you know, deal with what he's doing now. It's just not it's not like, Oh, when he gets hot, he's gonna put up, you know, a fifteen homer month and you know he's going to carry your team, Like, I don't think so it seems on it seems doubtful at this point, Like, you know, he's at a six homer, seven steal two twenty three a year right now. Even if he gets hot and he's like and he has a great second half, what's he going to end up with twenty twenty fifteen season. So you're looking at fourteen homers and thirteen you know, or eight thirteen homers and eight steals the rest of the way, which is like, I mean, it's fine for a second basement, but it's not really that amazing that you have to hold on to him through all this. So I think it's time to move on from Ozzie Alby's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if you know, maybe he's just trying to get out of this terrible contract he signed Gray.
Speaker 2: I mean, they got.
Speaker 1: Club they've got club options for the next two years. Not wily, you'd be like seven million dollars for a second basement, absolutely, but if he continues this this path, they may be like, nah, I'll just uh, we'll just pay a minor league, you know, the league man and uh and get the same numbers. At this point, maybe there's just a long con here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, maybe maybe he's like Ricky Jay in disguise. I think, uh, he's right now on the Player Raider. He's behind Gavin Lux on the play Raider for second baseman, and Gavin Lux is not good. So I mean that give that gives you kind of an idea of what you're dealing with. Ozzy Alveys. He's way behind Ernie Clement. I mean, I'm just mentioning guys who I think are probably on waivers in leagues. I mean he's like, you know, he's behind jor Hey Polongo, He's behind Willie Castro. I mean, he's behind Caleb Durbin. I mean, he's behind so many guys on the Player Raider who are read available. So it's like, yeah, just move on.
Speaker 1: Yep, number eight, second basement player, Otto Lopez, who I'm still picking up in leagues for free. Yeah, move on. It's it's time. I hate to say it because I'm a big Alsie Albis fan. I have been for a long time, but it looks bad, as does this next guy, Gray, who you've always kind of kind of been the low man on and you know, kudos for you for having him buried in your rankings, and that is, of course, Michael Harris the second April two thirty three, three home runs, six stolen bases, sixteen point eight strikeout rate. Okay, doing okay, Well we'll build May two forty five, zero home runs, four stolen bases, twenty percent strikeout rate.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, go ahead, good continue.
Speaker 1: June one forty eight, three home runs. At least there's three home runs in a stolen base, twenty seven percent strikeout right, though Gray has jumped eleven percent from where we started, really ten and a half, but still ten and a half percent on the strikeout rate is an absurd jump, even in a monthly sample, because strikeout rate is one of the first things that normalizes. Like, that's what's going on here, Gray. He is a four point eight line drive rate in June.
Speaker 2: I'm reminded of a scarface when he says to Michelle Pfeiffer, your womb is polluted. That's the braves. The braves womb is polluted because there's a lot of problems there. I can't quite figure out why they have so many issues with like these otherwise talented hitters. There really are a mess.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It's going on two years now where I would be firing hitting coaches, get rid of Brian snicker a clear out, clear out the clubhouse because there's something wrong. Because like I didn't like Michael Harris a second, but he shouldn't be awful and he's terrible, I mean awful. You go on the Player Raider and right now he's the he's he's ranked seventy seventh for outfielders. That's actually when you're talking, that's what I was laughing at because he's behind Dane Myers. I'm the Player Raider Dean Myers. I mean, I have Dane Myers in my towl worst team that is currently in first place. But I mean Dan Myers is who he is like that, Like, let's be real here, I mean, Michae Lara's the second's awful, man, Michaelara's the second is right now, he's like a toss up with like Mickey Moniac and Mike Ostrensky.
Speaker 1: Like what awful I was?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'd move on from him too. I would move on from Michael Harris a second. I never liked them though, but I would if I were in a twelve team mixed league or Shallower, I would just be like, you know what, if he gets hot, he gets hot, whatever, I would just drop him. It's it's to that point I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, playing an injured Dylan Cruiz has been better for your lineup than playing Michael Harris the second recently. So yeah, I mean, I again, I feel like there's something in Atlanta that's wrong, and I feel like it's connected to Snicker. But until that changes, I just don't see where it's coming. Like it's it's it cannot be hotter than it is right now in Atlanta. Like it's the ball's not gonna fly any better than it does right now, and they're still not hitting the ball. Michael Harris, as I mentioned as a line drive rate under five percent in June, is a sixty six point seven percent ground ball rate. His launch angle is under five They just need to trade them to Toronto already a former Brave. Since we're just going to continue this line Gray, I mean, I could have thrown a couple more in here, we're going to talk about Marcelo Zuna and this group too. He's been terrible all season as well. But we're not going to We're gonna talk about a guy I've been down on for like six seasons in a row, and I might finally be right, and that is Freddy Freeman. April three, nineteen, five home runs, May four ten, four home runs. I'm just eating my words as I speak. And then June he is at two hundred with a home run. I was worried about the injury. I was worried about it him lasting a full season. I don't want to say he can't turn around, because every time I say that, he just kicks mine all over the place. But what are your thoughts on Freddie Freeman? Gray? I need an unbiased observer because I always see the end of the road for Freddie Freeman. Is it actually here? Or is this the bad month? No?
Speaker 2: I mean I'm not that unbiased because I don't like Freddy Freeman either. I also I feel like I think I wrote an overrated post about him in the preseason, like I would be trading Freddy Freeman three months ago. I would never have drafted him. I didn't draft Freddy Freeman. I wouldn't have drafted him. I told people not to draft them. I think, yeah, I mean, the numbers you mentioned in June are terrible, and I think the average probably comes back a bit. Like you said, he hit two hundred in June with one homer, and I think he probably, like the average, will still get up again. I think, you know, probably closer to April where he hit three nineteen versus May where he hit four ten, so, you know, but still a three hundred hitter or at least to eighty. But the power really is, the power hasn't really been there going on like you know, three three three of the last four years and really kind of like three, you know, the last two years. And the speed is really just completely evaporate. Like you know, we knew he had, you know, his his ankle injury was gonna slow him down, but it's completely removed any chance that he has any speed whatsoever. And you know, he wasn't a fast guy to begin with, but he used to chuck in like you know, a ten steals or ten plus steals. Now he's had zero steals for the year and he's only attempted one. Like he and He's even said his ankle is still bothering him, So like the steels aren't gonna suddenly appear as the season goes on. If anything, the Dodgers are gonna want to arrest him and make sure he's healthy for the playoffs. So you're looking at it like, if he gets to many homers, three steals, and a two eighty average, I think you're you're actually you're doing pretty well for yourself. If you get those numbers. I wouldn't count. I would take the under on all of them. But that's sort of what that's like best case scenario, I think. So, Yeah, I would be selling Low. I mean, you're obviously you're not dropping Freddy Freeman, but I would. I would sell Low. I think he's basically at this point he's a runs in rbish and batting average guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, if he can sell him, go ahead and sell him. You know, would you would you sell him for you know, rejuvenated Michael Bush.
Speaker 2: Michael Bush looks pretty good. Yeah, I think I I think I would take Michael Bush. To be honest, I I don't know. I mean prop yeah, I think I would take Michael Bush. It's close though, I would you could probably get someone, uh, you get someone thrown in. I think maybe in that trade. Uh, if you're if you're able to if you're able to barter, if you can do a little if you can do a little.
Speaker 1: Haggling trade somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, maybe, Yeah, I don't and that's not a terrible trade for me. I don't mind it. I would probably, you know, right now, on the player raider, Bush is above Freeman, so yeah, and I don't see that necessarily changing. So yeah, I would take Bush.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you're you're welcoming me. Michael Bush owners out there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He started hit well as soon as I traded him in the Parts League. How about how about Tyler Schauderstrom, who started the season on a tear and it's it's cooled off a little bit.
Speaker 2: I would go Freeman over Soderstrom.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about the Braves replacement for Freeman, Matt Olson?
Speaker 2: Uh, wo, we go Matt Olson.
Speaker 1: And then how about Vlad?
Speaker 2: I think Vlad?
Speaker 1: Okay, so we have a pretty decent idea where you're at on him. You know, Soderstrom seems to be kind of the line for you. Let's move on to Anthony Volpe. He started the season in April two thirty seven, five home runs, three Stone bases, May two forty two, one home run, four Stone bases, June two or two, three home runs two Stone bases. I mean, it's a guy that is at least putting up the home runs in Stone bases each month, but it's getting harder and harder to start him, especially with you know, some of the other middle infield options available in leagues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think he's also he's kind of in the Azzi Alby's camp where it's like, even even if he does get hot, I mean, we're really what are you losing by moving on from Anthony out Anthony Volpe, I think you're probably I think you're probably at the point where, in a twelve team mix league or shallower you're you could look elsewhere. Uh, you know, it depends on who's available. I think I still have Volpey above Ozzie Albi's in my mind even you know, a different position obviously, but I think Volpey over Albi's. But volpe is sort of at the point where, if you have better options on waivers, I think you can move on.
Speaker 1: All right, would you take which of these guys would you take volpey or over Volpey Trevor Story out of Lopez, bobaet Dansby Swanson.
Speaker 2: I think Dansby Swanson for sure. I think probably Bobaschett. Unfortunately, I hate to say it, but I think you do. I think you take Bobaschett over Volpe Lopez. Yeah, I think Lopez. You're probably you should take Lopez over Volpe, not not Trevor Story.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, you know, I'm just gonna say no, no, no, I'm boba shit, just because it's a little like what we were talking about earlier with some of the boring guys, where it's like, yeah, like he's kind of the Ian happ now of like that's what he said. He is, like, yeah, you could get him, but it's really boring and he really needs somebody to hit him in otherwise there's not really value there. I'll take. I'll think the chance Volpe turns it around, hits two forty, It does like a couple of five fives months the rest of the season, but I get it if it's a deeper league. Wyatt Langford April two ninety nine, six home runs, four stolen bases, The breakout is happening. Everybody drafted him is a genius. May one eighty nine five over runs, six dolen bases. You know, at least he's inting home runs stealing bases. The average will come June twenty four to him runs a stolen base and now he's head in the eye out with an oblique issue. I mean the oblique helps kind of give him a reason why it was happening and give us as a narrative to work with. But we also just talked about how a guy's coming back from injury tend not to necessarily come back in the same manner as we want them to. What are you doing with Wyatt Langford? I mean, he has the name he put up at least one big month where you can you can point to and say here's what a healthy Langford does. But would you would you trade him away? Or you're just waiting and hoping.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean at some point I think, I, well, I would to your question, I would. I would trade him away if I could get something decent. But in the in the bigger picture, with Wyatt Langford, I mean he's gonna be a struggle to rank next year and to draft where he I think he where he probably will end up going. At some point, what he did in April could become like every month, and he could do that every month and have that thirty thirty three hundred year I think that's still possible for him. It's going to be a struggle to actually rank him and draft him where. You know, that is that possibility that really it's realistic, but not I mean not necessarily you know, possible or at least, excuse me, not realistic. I mean possible, but not realistic, you know, because I mean we haven't seen it for extended period of time at any point in his career. Like he did it for one month this year, where like if he did if he did his April every month, that would have been great. But he didn't do He didn't do it every month. He did it for one month, and last year, you know, he did it for like a half month at that. So you know, at a certain point, like how do you keep ranking him and drafting him as like a top twenty outfielder when he hasn't you know, he hasn't come close to that. I mean, it's still too early, you know, to write off his entire second half but with the oblique Now, I mean, how do you like, what do you do with like? I mean, you know, he could be out for weeks, so he comes back after the All Star break, has an okay August, say, he has a great September, so he's got two months left really to show us something. So he has you know, if he has a great September, then he had a great April and a great September. It's like, okay, but what is What's that? I don't know, man, I feel like I might be the low man on Wyatt Langford next year unless he has like such an insane second half that puts all this to rest. But right now I just don't see it, and especially like the way he had his May in June showed me nothing like you know, like that May was nice, like you said, with the steals and speed, but I mean he hit one eighty nine and I don't know, I'm not I feel like I'm losing faith in White Langford until he actually shows it. And he could. I mean, he's still young enough he could show he could show it over extended period of time, but right now, one one month is one month of his career.
Speaker 1: Is not doing it for me, you know, Yeah, I mean it's starting to get to that, I mean injury rep at this point. I know he's still very young. You can figure out how to deal with, you know, the stresses of Major League Baseball, the schedule and everything a little bit better. But I mean, I'm with you, like we need to see it at some point. But he's twenty three. I'm not giving up hope. But I agree it's gonna be very weird to rank him. I'm assuming there's gonna be kind of like this year even There's gonna be people who are all in on him, and then there's the rest of us who will take him if he gets to a certain point, and so I probably want him.
Speaker 2: I was super happy. I mean I was like, you know, I was super excited to take James Wood in every league and I didn't get why at Langford because I was so high on James Wood. But I'm glad that worked out fine. But yeah, I mean, I'm you know, I'm James Wood. It's like he's become a star, and why at Langford was supposed to be a star, But like, where is that? Where is it?
Speaker 1: Okay? I agree, I had I had went over Langford as well. I know that it was not universal, but I'm glad it worked out for both of us at least if you could move Langford right now, Gray, I mean, would you move him for Dylan Cruz, who's kind of in a similar situation that he's injured. We're not sure when he's coming back. He struggled as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I wouldn't take on Cruise now, all right.
Speaker 1: How about the oh go ahead, okay, how about south Relick. Oh, look, he's been solid this year. He has been to call it the breakout. It's been the breakout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he moved, He's gonna moved to the leadoff spot. He's a top thirty outfielder right now on the player Raider. Now, I would take the you know, whye Langford for you know, after the All Star break for two and a half months, hopefully that you get over free like yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about how about Taylor Ward?
Speaker 2: I would go Taylor Ward over Langford?
Speaker 1: Okay, so maybe in like the thirty thirty five range of outfielders somewhere on there and up, you would you would bet that swap anything else, just take the risk of the linker comes back and you know it is healthy because again, when he's been healthy, he's looked good.
Speaker 2: Just there's just been issues there, right, Yeah, no, totally. Actually, when I was going looking at the player Rader for pre Look and Taylor Ward, I noticed Mookie Betts. Uh, who's been a who's been a bit of a struggle. Uh he could have been he could have been listed. You don't have him on the podcast outline or I should say chat g b T didn't put him on the podcast. But Mooky Betts is like, you know, he's been a struggle too for the better part of the year. Uh, he's getting by a lot on like what he does and runs and RBIs because that's been you know, still fantastic because of the Dodger lineup and and where he's played in it. But yeah, he's been he's been a struggle. And I don't know, Mooki Bets's numbers aren't screaming. He'll be okay for what it's worth.
Speaker 1: No, every all the numbers are trending down, Our hits down, exit velocity is down. Home on the fly ball is plummeting gray the last two seasons. Yeah, the the end of Mooki may may be here. It's a it's it's sad to see because I think I think most of us have enjoyed watching Mookie play. He's been a great, you know, ambassador for the game. And uh yeah, it's it's sadly coming to an end. Let's move over to closers and some guys we could have included in June strugglers as well as things that may come to an end. Gray Robert Suarez April fourteen, innings six four year ah five to seven, whip May ten and the third innings four three five year A one one six whip June ten and thirty eight's seven eight four one seven four. I mean, it's not good. You still getting the opportunities, So you know, there's that. But the same time, you know, there's a I think a lot of people were worried about Robert Soures entering the season and it's starting to show up.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, I know. It's unfortunately the Padres don't have anyone behind him who could take over for him. Wait, hold on, I'm hearing something. My finger to the earbud. Oh, actually, they have a lot of guys who could take over for him. I stay correct that they have They have multiple replacements that are really good. Yeah, but I mean, if anything, I wouldn't be sure. If I were the Padres, I would trade Robert Suarez to like the Phillies or something and let him be awful as the Phillies closer for August. I would get anything I could for Robert Sorez if I could trade him in fantasy or in reality. But you know, it's like, as long as he's the closer, which he is as of right the second, I mean, you got to start him in most leagues, I would think, so, I don't know. I finally benched him in one league, in a weekly league, but I had a decent alternative. So unless you have really good alternatives, I don't know what you do with Robert Sorez other than start them and hope he you know, corrects whatever the issue is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I started him as well in the leagues that I own him. You know, I didn't really have a clear better option. So that's what you went That's what I went with. Like you said, he's still getting the saves. You just just hope they keep rolling them out there for that. If you're if that's what, uh, you know, his value is gonna be. I think Jason Adam would be on the short list of guys would it would be next? He's been phenomenal all season and last season and pretty much his whole time in the majors. Adrian Morjon he might be on that list as well, but that's where I would look. Maybe Jeremiah Strata over in uh San Francisco. Gray Camillo Davall has also been terrible here in June. As we continue this theme, you know, he's had twelve innings in June with a six ear a and a two whip. It's hard to have a two whip grade, Like, it's really difficult to get to that point. What are you doing with Camilo d'vall, who you know was doing just just fine up until this month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well, I mean he was doing fine as far as e a, but his his peripherals looked pretty bad for a while. Now, like he's his strikeouts are way down, his walks are have been terrible. They've continued to be terrible. He's he's just not pitching very well. I think, you know, I think they have I don't know, they seem to like decide he was gonna be the closer randomly when his numbers really weren't backing that up, but that was more because Ryan Walker were so terrible. I think they probably should have went to Randy Rodriguez as the closer, even though they didn't. But he would be my choice, you know. I think maybe at some point he does finally get the opportunity to be the closer, because his stuff looks nasty. He looks like the closer, I mean clearly, like his numbers are ridiculous and Duval's number are not good. So yeah, I don't know. I would be stashing Randy Rodriguez as of right now. It does not seem like they're giving that. Uh, they're they're not necessarily going that route. But I would stash them and see what happens. Maybe maybe they finally figure it out, maybe they go over. Maybe uh, he becomes the closer. No, we'll see, but I'm not I'm not counting on it, but I would stash him just in case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would go ahead and stash Randy and maybe Tyler Rogers, although they seem to not really want to make him closer, but he's been he's been great this season as well. I will say Camillo Devall was great, in May just just been awful here in June. The Braves, you know, we had to make fun of him last podcast and say they hadn't had saves they got to last week, but they also went to two different guys. Gray, We said it was just gonna be a headache. I mean, same thing with you know again it's Iglacias and Lee. If you want people right.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, I would say Iglesias even though I don't trust him at all, but I think I think that would probably be the way I would I would go. I would, you know, if I could, I'd probably put him on my bench in my fantasy league and see if he can get right, and if he does, then you can move him into your lineup next week if you have if you could do that potentially, But yeah, I don't trust him, but I think Iglesias is the guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then let's do our arbag or necessary weekly Philadelphia. We said it was a Ryan kirkeran last week and Matt Strong got to save this week, So there you go. I mean, I'm just gonna mention it until they trade for somebody, and then that person will do collapse in on himself too. It might be Robert Suarez, who knows. One last note on Robert Suarez is the one thing I did notice. The change up has been the problem pitch. It's been getting hit around. The verticle drop is just not there like it was early in the season. So that's what we're looking for. If he's gonna turn around and keep that job, you want that change to come back around. Great, give the people some waiver wire bats. I'll give him some streaming options and we will get out of here.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So Otto Lopez looks like he's been the hottest hitter on the Seven Day Player Raider who is under one hundred roster, So grab him if he's still out there. Spencer Steer has been hot. Nolan Gorman, Gary Sanchez remember him? I don't, but maybe you do. Ramon Loriano has been hot as well. Kyle Stowers, Tommy fam look at that he's getting hot even outside of trip clubs. Zach mckinstreet, he's been hot. Joey Ortiz, Jacob Young for the Nationals. I didn't even know he was hot, but according to the Seven Day Player Raider, he has been. Ristian Moore, Angels second baseman prospect, he's been hitting for power and not much else, but yeah, he's been hot. Mason Wynn, Caleb Durban Brewers, multiple position eligibility, he's been hot. And finally Carlos Correy. There's a name you haven't heard a while, and he's been hot, so go get him, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he actually went for a lot in our in one of my leagues Gray, and I was not. I was not expecting that, to be honest. It's like, oh, that's like twenty percent of a budget. That's that's craziness. I didn't even know. I only have twenty percent of my budget left, so I didn't get him obviously, anyway. Substribing options on the pitcher side, Quinn Priester at Miami, Jacob Lopez at Tampa Bay versus San Francisco, Eric Lauer versus The Angels, Charlie Moore than that Texas, Dean Kramer at Atlanta, Edward Rigez versus Kansas City, Jeffrey Jeffrey Springs returns to Tampa Bay, Brian BeO versus Cincinnati, Jamison ti On versus Saint Louis, Simeon Wood Richardson at Miami, A Jason Junk versus Minnesota, and Edward Cabrera versus Minnesota versus Milwaukee. Much better week this week for streamers than last week. If you have specific questions, you can find us on Twitter or ex at rasball as Gray's tech I am at rasbeat On. You can find us on YouTube dot com, slash rasball Fantasy, or in the comment section on rasball dot com. Until next time, hopefully you get set to your lineups correctly with the best players, you don't miss out on that random two Homer O'Neil Cruz game like somebody might have. And I'll talk to you next week, all right, man, talk to you later.