Speaker 1: Thousands of people have mysteriously vanished in America's wilderness. Join us as we dive into the deep end of the unexplainable and try.
Speaker 2: To piece together what happened. You are listening to Locations Unknown. What's up, everybody?
Speaker 1: Welcome back to another episode of Locations Unknown. I'm your co host Joey Rotto, as always is a guy who's an expert at sunblocking window coverings.
Speaker 2: Mike Mandible guard. Oh that's very timely.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, and I thank you again to all of our loyal listeners for tuning in to another amazing episode of Locations Unknown. An amazing episode, amazing episode. So just a few announcements before we get going here. First, you want to call the show and call two eight three nine one six nine one three. You can leave a voicemail or a text message. I just posted on Patreon that we're going to get better about interacting with all of you. We've been so busy with lots of stuff that sometimes responding to comments and text messages and stuff kind of falls to the back burners. So that's true, yes, so we will try to be better about that. You want to check out some other shows we have on our unknown media group network. We've got off the trails, who runs the smart cram off the grid relish.
Speaker 1: We could have a full crash out and be like you want to responds more money?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, just turn.
Speaker 1: In one of those people, be like, no Morning Fast off.
Speaker 2: Terrifying. It was that I don't know what that was.
Speaker 1: I don't I blocked out that was I'm back O scared.
Speaker 2: We will try to be better about that. We are recording, so just a little inside baseball, recording a few episodes in one sitting, because Joe and I are probably going to take the month of August off to regroup and come back fresh in September, just a little break. Things are busy, Joe's got some trips and I'm traveling and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two kids going off to college. Yeah, there's a lot of stuff happens.
Speaker 2: A lot going on. So we are most likely I think maybe I'll one of us will still record, maybe some Patreon stuff in between there, but we'll be back in September. So if you're hearing this, it's probably mid to late July. Yeah, So we'll figure it out. We'll figure it out, but we'll be back. We'll be back. We will be back. So other than that, you want to support the show, you can support us some Patreon subscriptions on Apple spreaker. We have a store with some stuff in it that you can buy. At some point we will get more things in there for you to buy. There's quite a few shirts and hats. I went in and added a bunch of stuff that it's actually really cool. I more inside. Yes, No, it's kind of all automated through our Shopify stores. You can order stuff and our printer makes it and then ships it right directly to you. Boom. Love it.
Speaker 1: So all right, everybody, let's gear up and get out to explore locations unknown. May twenty twenty, a hikers flown into the remote Carry Lake region of Denali National Park for a month's long solo expedition. He stays in contact with his wife through a garment in reach until mid June, then suddenly goes silent when he misses his September pickup. Searchers find his supplies near the lake and a collapse camp several miles away inside our satellite communicator and a damaged diary whose final readable entry says he left to get water, no body, clothing or clear trail is found.
Speaker 2: Join us this week as.
Speaker 1: We investigate the disappearance of Nathan Isaac Campbell.
Speaker 2: You're very good at that, Yes, so you recorded that live yep in the air.
Speaker 1: The name of location has said is Carry Lake Area, northwestern Danali National Park in Alaska.
Speaker 2: The sub location is carry Lake specifically.
Speaker 1: The amount of visitors that this area sees is five hundred and forty three thousand Tanali National Park. So yeah, not this specific area. Yes, that's a lot of people still though for.
Speaker 2: How hard it is Getzinale, that is a lot of people. That is a lot.
Speaker 1: So some interesting facts about the area. It is larger than New Hampshire, so.
Speaker 2: It's almost everything else. You know, what did you just.
Speaker 1: That immense park has remarkably few maintained trails. Despite covering more than six million acres d Nale has only about thirty five point five miles of official maintained trails. Most of the back country is trailers, and hikers are expected to navigate across tundra, rivers, brush and mountain train without mark routes. The park's lone main road is approximately ninety two miles long. Glaciers cover roughly one six of the park, and the park experiences thousands of earthquakes. Approximately three thousand earthquakes occur within Danali's borders each year. Many are extremely small and detectable only by instruments. Much of this activity is concentrated in the Cantisha can Tishna seismic cluster north of the Alaska Range. Dinosaurs once walked through what is now do Nali. Thousands of dinosaur trace fossils have been discovered in the park, including tracks left by theropods, duck build hadrosaurs, horned et cetera, safe sins et ceteras, and petrosaurs. The tracks date to approximately sixty five to seventy two million years ago, when the region was considerably warmer than.
Speaker 2: It is today. That's a tough one.
Speaker 1: That would have been a perfect talk about the Jurassic Park from last episode.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, last episode we did a little moment of silence for the passing of Sam Neil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we won't do it again because of copyright potential, we won't catch it.
Speaker 2: By long story short, my childhood, I watched Jurassic Park probably a million times, and I thought Sam Neil was like the.
Speaker 1: Probably didn't watch it actually a million times something that's possible.
Speaker 2: I thought he was like one of the coolest dudes outside of Arnold from Terminator so get through.
Speaker 1: The Denali has no native reptiles and only one amphibian rangers still patrol the park with sled dogs.
Speaker 2: That's really cool. I didn't know that summer daylight lasts nearly twenty one hours. That's also cool.
Speaker 1: In depth description of the features so climate in the area. The Carry Lake area where Nathan went missing sits in the Interior Alaska Subarctic climate zone, which is cool to mild summers, cold nights even in June, and long, very cold, snowy winters. Seasonal patterns and the Interior Alaska summers typically see daytime highs in the fifty to seventy range or ten to twenty degrees celsius with some warmer days, but nights can still drop towards freezing, especially in low wet back country. By late August and September, temperatures trend downward quickly. Frosts, cold rain, and early snow are common, and daylight hours begin shrinking markedly. Winters are long and harsh, with average highs well below freezing and lows often in the negative ten to negative twenty degrees fahrenheit range and in the interior regions spring shoulder or the spring saddle season or straddle.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 1: Spring strattle, still, cold nights, saturated ground, snow patches and shady spots possible early Midsummer, cool to mild days, but water temperatures near freezing and weather shifting between sun and cold rain early fall by the time of the search, colder days, freezing nights, and accumulating snow and brush in low areas.
Speaker 2: Here's the pronunciation of that weird dinosaur seratopsians.
Speaker 1: Nah I said that I think No, I did not roll the tape. Nope, don't edit that out.
Speaker 2: I just spent five minutes fining mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, way too long. The train where Nathan went missing is low elevation, brushy interior Alaska backcountry, with a mix of wet ground, dense vegetation, and very poor visibility. Exactly the kind of landscape where people can vanish a short distance from camp. So the general setting Carry Lake is surrounding lowlands. Carry Lake sits around nine hundred and forty two feet in elevation, draining south southwest into deep Creek and lying roughly thirty four miles south southwest of Lake minchu Min Nah. I'm sure said that wrong. Everyone from Alaska is going to be mad. But it's dark there, so that's too bad. It's part of the Cusca Coowim Lowlands. Broad relatively flat country punctuated by ponds, lakes, and creeks with no roads, no mark trails, and no bridges. A little bit about the vegetation and groundcover in this part of Danali's back country, the Dorm. The dominant challenges are brushy tundra and alder willow thickets. Willow and alder can exceed six feet in height. Brushes often so thick that visibility is extremely limited. Travel through this brushy tundra is slow, exhausting, and frustrating. You often have to shout to avoid surprise encounters with wildlife because you can't see more than a few yards. Wet ground and ponds. The lowlands around lakes like Carry are riddled with beaver ponds, boggy patches, and shallow water features that can be waste deep in places underfoot. Mossy and uneven ground is common, increasing the risk of slips, ankle injuries, and falls, especially if you're carrying water or crossing saturated areas, Navigation difficulty. The Nale's backcountry has no formal trails in most units, and map detail is coarse. NPS ones that trails terrain and the one to sixty three thousand topple macs toppo maps fifteen minute quads make navigation challenging. Many areas have large expanses of similar looking hills and drainages. That's just I would never do.
Speaker 2: This, yeah, I mean, I've seen the nally. It's cool. It's just a copy and paste in each unit. It's so vast. I mean, until you see it, you don't really can't really picture it.
Speaker 1: So it's even with a GPS or in reach, moving a short distance off a known point can quickly put you in a confusing, repetitive train with limited landmarks, especially in lowland brush.
Speaker 2: So that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Even with GPS, you can just still get turned around because it's just so expansive in this environment. Walking just to get water can mean negotiating complex micro terrain with poor sitelines, where a wrong turn or misjudge slope can leave you disoriented and unsure how to get back to a small hidden tent In the brush, hydrology, and water hazards. There are no bridges in the back country. River and creete crossings are entirely at the hiker's judgment. Water is near freezing, and immersion even briefly can lead to rapid hypothermia. Silted glacial streams make depth hard to judge around lakes like carry small creeks. Rainages and ponds may look trivial but can hide deeper spots, soft bombs, or undercut banks. There are no roads, pipelines, or obvious modern corridors visible from the ground level in the immediate area. It is genuinely wild country. One independent satellite analysis has identified a faint linear opening, likely an old trapline or sled route, running several miles southwest from Kerry Lake. But it's narrow, six to twelve feet wide and overgrown, not a maintained trail.
Speaker 2: So overall very difficult, and you didn't mention also there's large creatures that could eat you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's besides all the animals and bears and all the different things. Yeah, So Mike tell us about Nathan Campbell.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was born June twenty second, nineteen seventy nine. He went missing basically June to September twenty twenty. Officially carried as the last known in Carry Lake, Vicinity on June thirteenth of twenty twenty, with a missed pickup on September fifteenth of twenty twenty. Remains have not been found. He was male. He was aged forty at drop off, and he actually turned forty one while he was out on his hike. Body description height roughly five ten, approximately one hundred ninety pounds. He had strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes. He clothing he was last seen in. Nothing was specifically documented at the time of his disappearance. We'll get into some things that were discovered further on in the episode. Personality wise, he was described by the pilot who flew him in as a pretty quiet individual who nonetheless talked about his interests in This is very interesting. So he talked about his interest in the rumored Alaska Pyramid and called his trip his Indiana Jones adventure. So okay, very interesting. It sounds like a whole topic. We should do a what's the episodes we do on that stuff? Well, now I thought I forgot about it. What in a while? Yeah, that's why I forgot yeah, the lower episodes where we talk about like triangles and Vorti seas and stuff. Yeah, I think we're going to have to do on on the Alaska Pyramid. Okay, I'm in so friends. Oh look our website. Yep, I got his image on our website. Yes, this is all my information? Correct? What did I say? I think the date missing is wrong on here? All right, Well, we're just looking at his picture. Yeah. So his friends and family emphasize him as a dedicated husband and father of four boys, implying strong family ties and responsibility. His willingness to undertake a long solo expedition and chase this legend suggests a mix of curiosity, risk, colorance, and a desire for adventure and meaning medical issues. We don't really know if he had any medical issues. At the time of his disappearance. Nothing was publicly mentioned occupation hobbies. He was identified in a lot of different articles and quotes as being an out doorsmen in backcountry enthusiasts. Details about his formal occupation were not clearly documented, but his hobbies plainly include camping, fishing, long wilderness trips, and he had an interest in this Alaska Pyramid theory or whatever you want to call it, and related conspiracy media suggests he had also consumed kind of other what they labeled as fringe or alternative content around this pyramid and treated his this expedition partly as a personal investigation.
Speaker 1: So very interesting. This this is insane for anyone watching the video. Yes, like there is. This is the first time I've ever done at three sixty. Yeah, and there's just there is nothing like city wise, road wise, no, every direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you're out there is That's why then dropped off by a plane. Yeah, you zoom out. Where is Denali? The actual mountain? Right, it's to the south.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he nineteen Uh go back to I saw it briefly if you scroll in, it's right. Oh no, he's like the southeast. No, the lake's right here. Okay, there's all right. Yeah, so anchorages to the south. But like, yeah, he's right, he's right here. And that is that is insane amount of middle of nowhere. Well two hundred miles away from here. The near city is Talkitna, one hundred and twenty eight miles away.
Speaker 2: And I think there is nothing. I think fifty I think we drove through that town to get to the park. This one. Where's the Can you find the Alaska Highway? It goes east west. Let me get off of the ruler here. Yeah, you might have to go go to like actual map like that shows just roads and like no terrain. Yeah, you're zoom in real quick. Yeah. If you go to I do Alaska Highway, we'll pull up. Yeah. I don't know if it Alaska Highway, No, it would have been. Yeah, I don't try that way. That's Arkansas. Oh no, yeah, the top one. No, it's U kind So I'll look it up on Google Maps. Okay, I was just Google is More. Yeah, oh that okay, Yeah, Alaska Highway. You just did Alaska high Yeah. So I was hoping it would pull up. But it's like not, no Canada. It's a dirt Oh no, that's not it. It's it's like we took it to get back to Anchorage because of a forest fire and goes like east west. It's a dirt road. So it might not be listed. I mean there's one road, so is this it? No, because it went east west, I don't think we were that far north. Yeah that's too whatever, so unlisted. I mean yeah it was, I mean it was definitely a road. It was gravel, it wasn't paid. But no, this is interesting. We've never had a case where we've had someone go out looking for one of these. Kind of gives me a little trip of phobia. Yeah, tripophobia, whatever it's pronounced. But uh yeah, So like this, this guy was really kind of doing an adventure researching. I guess you could call it this Alaska pyramid. Very interesting, so experience in the wilderness. He is repeatedly described, like I said, as an experience outdoorsman in a lot of the sources I was reading. He was comfortable enough with wilderness travel to plan a solo four months stay in extremely remote Denali backcountry. I would say you'd have to be very comfortable to do that. The fact that he chose such a trip and set up separate lake supplies and inland camp supports at least a modernate, moderate wilderness experience, though the official record does not dwell on his specific training, prior trips or formal qualifications experiencing that location. There's no documentation that shows Nathan hit prior trips specifically to Kerry Lake or that particular corner of Danali before twenty and twenty. His choice of that location appears tied to its remoteness and perceive proximity to some of the coordinate sets associated with the Black Pyramid legend, rather than to long term, repeated familiarity with that exact landscape. So, in practical terms, he was a newcomer to that specific area, and he was stepping out into one of the park's most remote and demanding areas for an extended solo state.
Speaker 1: I'm already starting to think he may have found it. He thinks, Yeah, that's a theorem I'm operating on this. Okay, Well, let's save that too off the deep end.
Speaker 2: Yep. So we'll jump right in the timeline here. It's early twenty twenty. Nathan is planning his extended trip into Dnali National Park and the Carry Lake area, which is the northwestern part of the park. It's roughly five to forty miles from the tiny community of Lake Minchuminia. Maybe said that right. Carrie Lake is a small, isolated lake surrounded by hundreds of square miles of roadless trailists wilderness with heavy alder tangles, beaver ponds, and difficult wet ground. Like Joe said in the location profile, and his intention was to stay for months. He was going to camp and fish and keep a diary of his daily life. He prepares substantial supplies, a large backpack, fishing gear, and at least a couple of plastic totes full of food for multi month's day. He also represents that he has a garment in reach, a two way satellite communicator with GPS tracker to stay in touch with his wife and children and to provide SOS capability if something goes wrong. Beneath the normal wilderness plan, Nathan carries a more unusual mission we've been talking about. He became interested with the internet legend of the Lost Pyramid of Alaska and supposed massive underground structures said to lie somewhere in the interior of Alaska. During the later documented flight, he will describe his trip to the pilot as an Indiana Jones adventure. Very interesting. I don't remember hearing about the Alaska Pyramid.
Speaker 1: I don't I feel like now that you said it, I'm like something in the back of my head's kicking, but I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 2: Hear me out. And this is coming from a perspective of knowing nothing about this legend at all. I'm coming from it from a like a logic standpoint. So throughout the earth we've seen, you've found that people have found pyramids. That is a thing humans for some reason like to build in the past. In Egypt and Asia and South America, lots of places with pyramids. So Alaska there was a land bridge at one point where humans would cross from Russia to North American continent when it seemed logical, like it's such a vast open expanse. Maybe it was warmer back then. Yeah, that they might have built a pyramid there too, just like they did in South America and potentially. So I get it's an interesting theory. Now I know nothing about it, so we'll have to read up on the Pyramid of Alaska.
Speaker 1: So I'm just going through a Reddit form where they're talking about doing an expedition to that lake specifically to do light our scans for the pyramid.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he went to that lake specifically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I'm trying to figure out they have a map showing triangulation to that lake essentially. So that's where a lot of people apparently think it is. Yeah this is Reddit, yes, So and there's a bunch of people telling them what they're gonna run into and how they'll probably die.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna keep going. You keep going, and I'll see if I can. I mean, that would be a massive undertaking to bring the light, our equipment out to somewhere that remote. It's like the same reason why they haven't done a lot of scans of the Sahara Desert. It's just really hard to get to interesting. Okay, this is almost turning into one of those episodes, so we'll focus back on the timeline. Sorry, no, it's all right. I find that stuff fascinating. It's May twenty seventh, twenty twenty. So he charters a small floatplane flight out of the Teal Kanita area. The pilot flies from across the Last g Range and lands on Carrie Lake, deep inside Tanali's northwest back country. This would be described kind of like his last known contact, last known physical contact, because he was speaking with his wife on board the aircraft. Nathan tells a pilot he's on the Great Quest to find the Pyramid of Alaska, and he has his fishing gears, backpack and tots of food. He had no firm early return date locked in. At the drop off, he explains that he is prepared to stay into late August or early September. He says his wife will call the air service if he needs an early pickup, otherwise a pickup will be scheduled for mid September. Eventually, this would be set first number fifteenth. The pilot is uneasy about dropping off a solo traveler in such an isolated country without a fixed extraction date, but Nathan reassures him that his in reach will keep him in contact with home and provide and emergency LAN. So that's interesting. The pilot's even like, are you sure you want to do this? Like like that video online that you see, are you sure about that? Yeah, I'm not sure about that. From I think you should leave. Yeah, I love them. I love that. That's interesting. Locals in Alaska, We've mentioned this on other Alaska episodes. They they have a different appeal, you know, kind of like it's the same vibe I got when I was in Hawaii when you'd speak with Native people that were born and raised on the island and their opinion of people like us flying there and visiting. I feel like Alaskans. Native Alaskans have that same kind of attitude towards people kind of at least the ones that come up there and underestimate how fast and remote Alaska is and they just think they're gonna come up and do a big trip and so interesting that the pilot kind of is like you sure you're gonna do this, and Nathan's like, yes, I'll be fine. So when the floatplane departs Carry Lake, the pilot becomes the last publicly identified person to see Nathan. So here's Carrie Lake. Yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: The coordinates to an area that they wanted to search that has a square meadow. Okay, interesting, Oh that is.
Speaker 2: Planning on making a trip to Nale. This is two years ago, by the way. Yeah interesting, all right, Well it's late May early June of twenty twenty. Once on the ground, Nathan cashes part of his supplies and fishing here at Carry Lake. Near the landing site. He travels inland through brush and wet ground and establish a separate tent camp several miles away in terrain with no maintained trails. During this period, he remains in contact with his wife via in reach sending satellite texts and tracking data. He writes in his diary about camp chores and normal routines. His communityations and daily writing suggests he has a functioning camp and wasn't in any immediate crisis. June thirteenth of twenty twenty, Alaska Straight Trooper a missing Person Bolton will later record June thirteenth, twenty twenty as the date Nathan was last known to be in Danali National Park, and this date is adopted in some summaries as the missing sense date and is sometimes mistakenly described as the drop off date. So this is the last date. The authorities are saying that there is communication with him mid June. Like I said, June thirteenth, Nathan's inReach messages stop after a period without contact. His wife calls the air taxi service on a Friday and tells the pilot she has not heard from her husband. The pilot requests the latitude longitude of Nathan's last in reach transmission. The coordinates placed Nathan approximately five miles from Kerry Lake. The train near that location does not offer a suitable float plane landing site. The pilot explains that he cannot safely land there and advises her to contact a helicopter operator and send a helicopter check that location. So after this, the pilot assumes that a helicopter check will occur. He later reflects, I just figured they did that, and does not personally follow up or contact park authorities at that time.
Speaker 1: I would say that was probably not his job either. No, now he said, hey, I can't do this. Yeah, So, and especially in Alaska. I mean it sounds like the general theme when people go messy in Alaska is it's too bad. Yeah, Like that's what you sign up for when you go if you're doing this. Yeah, like I'm no, I can't land my plane there. Yeah, get a helicopter. Yeah sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Again I don't blame him. This is insane, like yeah, to go out in there. So yeah. And the public record does not show whether a helicopter company was contacted, whether a flight went out, or whether any private search occurred between mid June, the mid June call and the miss September pick up, so no formal National Park Service or Alaska State Trooper search appears accessible during this window, so for all intent and purposes, there was not a search done. So June twenty second of twenty twenty, this would have been Nathan's forty first birthday. He would have turned forty one in the Carry Lake area. There was no inReach contact or documented phone communication from him in the public record late June to August twenty twenty, so nearly three months go by with no documented official search. Nathan remains out of contact during this time, and because the plan had always been a multi month expedition and because no specific early return date was set, Nathan's continued absence does not automatically trigger a mispickup until his agreed upon final window approaches. The pilot believes a family will have followed his advice and sent a helicopter to check the last inReach coordinates. Later commentary from another pilot, David Lee, suggests that the search should have been organized much earlier, given that Nathan had been out of contact for months, although he acknowledges that an earlier search might still have failed in such terrain. So, I mean there is possibly like the battery he died and he couldn't charge it.
Speaker 1: You know, you would assume he would have like solar panels and stuff for multi month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would assume.
Speaker 1: I in all the forms of even the people who are a little crazy, they're saying, here are the guns you need, Here are the batteries you need, Here are the solar panels you need?
Speaker 2: Or don't go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if I would assume he would have done his work that much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And if you're getting dropped off by a plane, you can bring a little more gear with you than you normally would. Oh yeah, I would have.
Speaker 1: Like for months, you're gonna have to have a backpack full of batteries just in case, all the solar gear to charge everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who knows. September fifteenth comes around. This was his expected pickup date. It was later recorded in TPS bulletins and has been reflected in a lot of summaries. Nathan does not appear at Carry Lake and does not arrange another extraction point or flight. There was no contact via the in reach or any other means to suggest he's heading towards the lake, and the mis pickup serves as the clear tipping point from unusual quiet to confirmed missing. It's now mid late to late September twenty twenty. Following the missed extraction, he's reported missing. The NPS mobilizes a search in this It's got to be a really difficult search to mobilize. I mean, everyone's got to be flown in by helicopter pilots and backcountry staff engage with the caves. Searchers at Carry Lake locate the cashed supplies and fishing gear Nathan had left near the floatplane landing site. The cash confirms he has not simply packed all this gear and walked back to the lake for pickup. It's now mid to late September. Several miles from Carry Lake. Search teams find Nathan's inland tent camp. The tent has collapsed and the contents show signs of weathering and rodent damage, but searchers were able to recover obviously the tent and camp gear. They did recover the garment inReach device it was still at camp, and they found his diary that was tattered and somewhat chewed, but it was partially legible. Tanali Chief ranger Erica Josted and narratives report that the diary contains mostly routine records of daily camp chores and that the last surviving entry states he just simply left to get water, and the presence of the in reach at the tent strongly suggests that that probably was the last thing he attempted to do. If water source was close by. He's probably just left his gear, like he's probably done that a million times at this point and didn't think to carry it, and he might have got comfortable, and that is where things can go wrong. A thing would be glued to me. I yes, so I would not leave tent the tent without it that in my gun.
Speaker 1: Whenever you can see that they haven't updated squares of satellite images for an area, you know it's that remote. Yes, there are no pictures of Kerry Lake. Oh I could find in the internet.
Speaker 2: What's the closest picture someone's taken that you could go?
Speaker 1: From the big lake here, I'll show you relatively close lake Mini Chunka.
Speaker 2: But that's where the pilots. This is.
Speaker 1: There's an airport here. Yeah, there's like one photo from so we know when. It was from uh March twenty seventeen. Okay, so like otherwise, like there was another photo like far east. Yeah, you're you're getting into the Nali National Park where you're so that is Yeah, like you're starting to see park photos. The next closest one because this is where the supposed pyramid is.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is where the lake is. So he was in this area.
Speaker 1: The next closest one that's not the pilot is this guy. Let's see here, and I'd be looking at west if I look out west. That is beautiful. Yeah, it is beautiful out there. For the amazing picture in Tie. What a beautiful Oh my god, I just.
Speaker 2: Love that we can look at these pictures. Can you imagine the effort it took him to get this picture? Yeah, for those of you watch, it's like a three hundred and sixty degree view of just jagged, snow covered mountains an alley. I think, so it's the biggest one. Yeah, it could be something else. Every direction you look is just except that little area with the river going through, and that is that's not where he was northwest.
Speaker 1: He was more like, oh maybe it was kind of like this way on the other side of this mountain.
Speaker 2: I look at this picture, I'm like, what kind of exertion did it take to get this picture? Yeah, that's beautiful. That's a wild Oh did they read it to back to Mount McKinley. Probably? I thought it was Denali. It's whatever. This looks more like what I hiked in Okay. This was the August time frame, and there's a trail down there. Actually, Yeah, there's a bridge.
Speaker 1: There's a few of the thirty five mile trail, and there's some hikers. Yeah, that's that's I mean, you're getting to get that's where this cluster of images is from. The only trails in the whole park. They did they okay, at least on Google Earth.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Mount McKinley named to mount it's not even the peak. This is awesome.
Speaker 1: I want to climb this mountain's uh oh yeah, it's back again. We got the Gulf of America.
Speaker 2: Now it's not. Oh my gosh, I can't keep up with all the name changes. So it was officially named Mount McKinley until twenty fifteen, and then it was named Denali in Obama presidency Denali, and then they and then it went back to Mount McKinley. It's like a light switch. They just keep turning it on and off. I wish they would just leave things like it's getting confusing. I was like looking for Denali on the map and that was McKinley. I'm like, did they did they get renamed? It's still state park. That's the best part Denali National Park. So whatever, I don't even let's not get into this yeah, I'm not getting into that. Let's go back to this. Let's go back to the black pyramid. Yeah, there we go. So for all of you listening, it is now back named back to mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at they all the conspiracy theorist said they airbrushed the square, so you can kind of see it, because the other images it was more of a there's like a square meadow right here on this coordinate.
Speaker 2: That's like they think somebody went in the Google maps and like, I think the government's covering it up. Yep.
Speaker 1: Look you can kind of see it's hidden there here. Apparently it was a square unless they edited that. We need to do a whole episode on it.
Speaker 2: No, we do. Well, there's a Wi files sit here. Look at this is what it looked like. You see that. Yeah, I believe it. I want to believe. I want to I want to retrieve. I want to rechieve. Yeah, look at that. That's all right. I don't know, I don't know. We'll do a deep dive on this. We'll do a deep dive.
Speaker 1: I want to watch the y files episode on it. So they said there's a Wi files episode, all right, I just watched the one on the Hollow Moon. Or I'm halfway through the one that apparently the moon was the moon shallow, it was well hollowed.
Speaker 2: Nothing. Well, there's got to be like an alien base or something. No, it's like a metal structure and it was brought to earth. It was Toad here, Toad here, Yeah, to help. I haven't finished the episode yet, so I don't know. But that's a new one. I haven't heard the hollow. We should do it.
Speaker 1: We should just go full full on all the episodes like locations now, just completely off the rail. Yeah, we'll do a McKinley Denali light switch and just only do episodes in like crazy stuff. I'll have an episode series called off the Rails, Off the Rails, Rails Unknown, Rails Unknown. Yeah, all right, okay, I'll send it to you. It's interesting.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 1: I like watching that stuff because they make great arguments. If you don't question it, yeah, absolutely, yeah, if you don't quite. I feel like this day and age we have the technology day they determine what's inside the moon. They said they, I promise you uncle farther this because I'm gonna butcher it because I'm like, I false, I put it on to fall a sleep, so like I get bits at a time. And apparently apparently on the Apollo missions they did a thing where they like put a seismic device to hit the moon like basically like pound a thing to like determine what its makeup is. And apparently it reverberated in such a way that only hollow objects do.
Speaker 2: And so far they said something about the.
Speaker 1: Rock structures are coarse or like volcanic rocks of cavernous.
Speaker 2: There's a bunch of explanations as to potentially why.
Speaker 1: So it's a whole thing, and they show videos the astronauts that look scared to talk about it.
Speaker 2: So honestly, it's fascinating. Where you have one to ten, so like kin have a scale of one to one hundred. Well, so like ten is like one of your boring like PBS documentaries where you assume it's all pretty science based. Yeah, and then where does like ancient aliens fall? And then where does the Wi Files fall? Is ancient aliens grounded in more reality than the Wi Files. I'll be honest.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched many episodes of anchis the Wi Files is a YouTube production? Okay, it's the production quality is very good. Yeah, they spend a lot of time. You know, when we were in the nineties, they would always have these shows where you have the host and they'd have some sort of fictional character, like a puppet or something that would co host.
Speaker 2: Kind of yeah, it's kind of like that.
Speaker 1: So it's actually for me, I really enjoyed it for the nostalgia of that setup. Yeah, like just there's I remember watching like Bill Nye had like the rat oh yeah, or like the thing like there's always like the puppet. I would ask questions and respond, So like I was like, oh, this is fun. They haven't seen a show like this since I was a child, So that's how they got me initially. So like they're doing a good job of manipulating me in a positive direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're pulling on all the nostalgias exactly.
Speaker 1: I was like, and the guy, you know, he's it's always they're asking like, so why would it do this?
Speaker 2: And why why would it be like that?
Speaker 1: So like they're hitting all of the proper channels to make you question whether the moon is a solid object.
Speaker 2: You went into it knowing it's real, like a real moon, and you came out of it like, oh.
Speaker 1: It might be a hello. So here's the deal. Here's the deal with me. I am a very fact science based person, but I also love that stuff. I love conspiracies, and the wilder the more excited I get about it. So do I deeply believe the Moon's hollow?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Am I open to the potential that an ancient alien race towed the Moon to the Earth to control our tides and make Earth habitable as an experiment.
Speaker 2: Yes, simply because why are we here? What is the universe? Was the purpose of it? Yeah? No one will ever know. Yeah, it's an infinite unanswered question.
Speaker 1: I want to have fun with that and just say, yeah, maybe a million years ago somebody towed the moon here.
Speaker 2: I feel like, if I'm wrong, what does it cost me? I feel like in the next ten or twenty years we'll probably find out, because maybe back there we go.
Speaker 1: So so I'm open to the possibility that the moon is a hollow structure that was created.
Speaker 2: Okay, so my opinion. Not knowing any of this. I love how we were like, just we're just turning this into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get based went from the Black Pyramid, Well from a guy missing, it's from the Black Pyramids, and all the Moon's hollow.
Speaker 2: I am starting from the standpoint that the moon is a normal moon, but I am old that's just utterly ridiculous. But I am open and if someone prevented that's kind of how I feel.
Speaker 1: It's the evidence is stacking up now that the moon might be hollow.
Speaker 2: NASA came out tomorrow and said, we have evidence that says the moon is hollow.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, recently they're like, yeah, aliens exist, and then everyone's brushing over it. I'm just like, I don't know what's real anymore. So now I'm like, I'm open to the idea of the moon with AI.
Speaker 2: Now you can't trust anything you said, can't.
Speaker 1: Trust anything or anybody. So I'm going to remain open. And the child, the child Joey and me is excited that the moon.
Speaker 2: The excited the moon could potentially be hollow.
Speaker 1: My gosh, all right, well let's get let's get back to this one before well, we'll flip the light switch and we're gonna do the pyramid the hollow moon.
Speaker 2: Let's just do all that. Gosh, that's how we're gonna expand our audience. It's an ambulance. Oh jeez, I thought they're coming to get us something.
Speaker 1: FBI is coming because we're talking about the hollow gosh shutting us down. This.
Speaker 2: If we had the awards for Off the Rails in an episode, we want it with this one. Yeah, all right, let's move on before we lose everybody. Sorry about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Okay, we're gonna come up with an audio that just says fast forward alert and give people opportunity to fast forward.
Speaker 2: Right. All right, okay, so let's see where was I we were talking about. It's mid to late September twenty twenty, and they are they found his inland camp, They found the collapse tent, they found his in reach device still at the camp, tattered diary that was chewed by some rodent activity, but still somewhat legible. And the chief ranger was saying that the diary is mostly filled with kind of daily camp chores and the last surviving entry was to go get water. And then I was saying, that makes sense that he's getting comfortable he left his in reach in the tent to get water. I was saying, I would personally have that thing glued to me no matter where I went. Plus, you know, something to defend myself because there's lots of bears, yeah around there. And despite all of the aerial and ground searching in this dense area and rough train, searchers did not find his body, clothing or a clear path of really where he went after the tent. I can't believe they searched.
Speaker 1: I mean, because we've heard so many stories of they just don't search for people sometimes. Yeah, I mean, I mean, I can't remember a story. We've only covered two Denali cases. We covered the Magic school Bus, yeah, and then Johnny Waterman the Skier yep. And in this case, his last known contact was like three months earlier, so part of me could see why they wouldn't go out and search that part of us part of me is like, they're still gonna search, maybe to collect his remains, and.
Speaker 2: And fair enough, he had the supplies to the last that long. Yeah he was prepared. Yeah, Okay, he definitely was prepared. So I don't I get why they they searched at his inland tent site. His diary contains final surviving ench like it mentioned, and it was earlier focused on kind of the mundane camp life. The exact date of the entry is not publicly released. In the original scan or full transcription. A layer narrative places it late June, but neither the full text nor the pre June entries are fully available in the public sphere. From the evidence described after the search, Nathan appear apparently leaves his garment and reached in the tent when he goes looking for water. There's obviously no sign that he sent an SOS or distress message. It remains unknown which water source he was heading to, how far it was, what precise direction he traveled, what he wore, whether he carried his backpacker on his survival gear, and whether he expected a quick return or contemplated further travel beyond the water source. We don't know any of that, and they didn't find most of his gear. It's late Setember twenty twenty. The search concludes without finding Nathan. Aerial search flights continue for several days ground team's attempt to work the region around the lake and camp. The search is hampered by the time elapsed since the last contact, the difficult terrain, the dense brush, the water obstacles, and the approaching winter conditions with autumn advancing and snow accumulating, the probability of locating Nathan at this point drops tremendously. Searchers do not find his remains or conclusive evidence of what even happened to him after that last diary entry, and Chief Ranger Erica publicly states that Nathan most likely died somewhere in the remote wilderness surrounding the Carry Lake, and that his body is now buried under snow and dense alder thickets where detection by air and ground would be extremely, extremely difficult. October first, twenty twenty, the Alaska Department of Public Safety issues of formal missing person bolton for Nathan. October twenty seventh of twenty twenty, a detailed public narrative is published describing Nathan's pyramid interest in a lot of the details that we've gone through. In the comments, a person identifying as a friend of Nathan's wife and someone who helped with the search efforts criticized the story, asserting that sources were misquoted, statements taken out of context, and vital facts omitted, and emphasizing Nathan's role as a husband and father of four boys. She points readers to a Facebook fundraiser and auction to support the family, and I think we don't want to get lost on the joking around about the conspiracy theory, and you know, he was a father of four, had a wife his you know, this is only a six year old case, and I think it's kind of cool he went out on this expedition.
Speaker 1: I mean it's yeah, it's a conspiracy theory, but it's not like, I don't think it's like completely outlandish to say that maybe at some point in history there was a human made pyramid in a last well. In the reality is people like you and I go out to these places for no reason. Yeah, Like, kudos to him for having an adventure. Yeah, there's not many adventures was left on the planet. Yeah, like there's not there's not many places that haven't been visited or explored, So like, how have we found half the things? Ever, it's somebody who's this, somebody who's marked as crazy for doing something crazy and then like found something awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, that's awesome that he did it. Yeah, it's an unfortunate ending. So his friend is, you know, criticizing a lot of the media coverage at this time and pointing to the Facebook fundraiser, The journalist who did the article responds that attempts were made to reach the family, that he still wishes to speak with Nathan's wife and reiterates the open question why efforts weren't made to reach Nathan sooner after the messages stopped. So, I think what we're getting at here is in the article. I think the article painted a more negative light on why the family didn't raise alarm bells sooner when the messages stopped, and the family is basically saying the journalists didn't do his due diligence and didn't speak with them, And the journalist was saying, like, why weren't efforts made to reach Nathan sooner? Why he chose a camp so far from an obvious water source, and why he appears to have camped in an odd location relative to that water, you know, comment to his question why Nathan would have gone for water without his in reach and whether it's full pack remained at the tent. So it's all just further speculation, And I get it. The family is upset that he's lost and gone, and the journalist is, I think, asking reasonable questions. And we'll link the articles and everything in the show notes. So just I wanted to mention that twenty twenty one, there was a foyer request recorded on MPs lug. SO National Park Service foil LUG for twenty twenty one records a request referencing Nathan Campbell the Nathan Campbell case. The log confirms someone sought access to NPS records on the case, but does not itself provide the incidant report, search maps, or garment lugs or investigative notes. And it wasn't us, Yeah, because I have filed several FOIA lugs.
Speaker 1: Could have been our pal politis. Oh, SE's talked about this case. Yeah, but it's not about Bigfoot, so I'm sure unless he thinks Bigfoot got him.
Speaker 2: Maybe Bigfoot built the pyramid. I think bigfoot, big feet, big feet? Yeah, multiple, that's Is that the plural of bigfoot big feet?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I watched I've seen the movie small Foot a million large foot sees the plural the kid's movie small Foot. Yeah. Have you seen it? Uh? Is it like eighties? No?
Speaker 1: It came out like a few years ago. Oh no, I have no gay Yeah, your kids My kids are older now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm not lucky you. Yeah, I'm not. I'm not stuck watching that stuff. Yeah. So twenty twenty three to twenty twenty five. From twenty twenty three on, the case circulates through what this one report called high strangeness, UFO and conspiracy communities, which focus heavily on the Black Pyramid angle. A Reddit post in December twenty twenty three describes Nathan as an experience outdoors who told his bushbout he was on the Pyramid quest. In December twenty twenty four, a Missing four oh one presentation revisits the case for a wider audience, again emphasizing a secret location frame, but introducing no new investigative documents. In twenty twenty five, YouTube channels produce videos with titles suggesting Nathan found the massive Black Pyramid and disappeared, or linking him to other speculative structures. These videos do not include official case file evidence beyond the public summaries that we've gone over here. Another twenty twenty five video presents a saddle imagery analysis of the proposed a faint linear corridor leading southeast from Carey Lake. The narrator argues that the quarter maybe the only logical human made route out and speculates that it could align with Nathan's last in reach ping and with one of the alleged Black Pyramid coordinate sets. So again, all of this stuff is speculative and kind of in the fringe. Yeah, I'm not seeing any of it on the satellite, Yeah for sure. And as of today, middle of July twenty twenty six, the case remains open, with no confirmed recovery reported and the strongest available evidence still ends at the inland tent camp. It was a collapse shelter and in reach left behind a rodent damage diary and a file final entry stating he went to get water, followed by silence. So theories I've got a bunch of from here.
Speaker 1: I think they should have brought a Geiger counter to measure radioactivity around the camp in the area to make sure that he wasn't abducted.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah, so all right, well that might be one of the theories I think. Hit. Are you gonna read theories or are you asking? No? I got a whole list of theories. I'll go through. Okay, go through those. So number one, wilderness mishapped near the water source. This is the most consistent with the official theories or framing. So the theory goes Nathan leaves his inland tent camp to get water and never returns. His diary and in Reach are left behind. The train around Carrie Lake is extremely rough. Like Joe and I have said, a fall into the creek pond, or depression or a sudden medical event hypothermia after immersion, or an encounter with wildlife could disable him quickly in a place where detection would be nearly impossible. And given the long delay before the search and the density of the cover, it's very plausible that his reigns are concealed there and they just haven't been found. And how often does this place get visitors basically never.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, there's no pictures of it. Yeah, but I call find online.
Speaker 2: At least this theory fits with everything we know about the case. The camp is intact but collapse. The diary's last entry tells us what he was going to do. His in Reach was left, there's no evidence of packing up or any deliberate disappearance, and the chief rangers assessment was that he most likely died in a mishap and is buried somewhere in the region. Theory two disorientation or longer trek away from the camp. So it's a variant of the first theory. Nathan may have gone farther than a quick water run. Some satellite imagery analysis suggests like we're talking a faint old trail or trap line running southeast from Kerry Lake, roughly ending where online investigators say the last in reach ping was. If he followed such corridor, he could have spent hours moving through difficult ground, becoming more fatigued and lost, and then suffered an accident or exposure farther from camp. In this scenario, he doesn't necessarily die right at the water source. Instead, his route pulls him into even more remote terrain where he eventually succumbs and is kind of outside of the search grid. So this hypothesis theory is still plausible in a the geographic sense, but remains completely unconfirmed. The hidden trail and coordinate match are really independent analysis. They weren't validated by the MPs, and it still ends in a conventional outcome getting lost, injured, exposure, nothing off the deep end. Next one is wildlife encounter. So bear another predator, so in a lot of forms and social media posts often jumped to bear attack. So the Carry Lake region supports brown bears and other large predators surprise encounters at close range in alder and brush are credible risks. Some online retellians claim there were injuries consistent with a bear encounter, but those claims do not appear in the official bulletin or case file, and if he was taken or scavenged, the remains would be scattered, bones and clothing could be very difficult to find in that terrain, and so from a wilderness risk standpoint, a bear encounter is one possible reason under the broader wilderness mishap tent. But you don't have firm forensic evidence to prove this theory, and it should probably just be in the buck in wilderness mishap should have all of these kind of under it. It could be hypothermy exposure, bear attack. Another theory people float his voluntary disappearance. This one's not very plausible. A smaller set of people have thought he may have used this trip to disappear intentionally no insurance, scam, life reset, et cetera. But the evidence against this is is gearan diary were abandoned at camp, not carefully packed. The inReach was left behind. There's no evidence of a stage clue, farewell message, nothing, So not very plausible. Now we're getting off the deep end, so Black Pyramid paranormal. The most attention grabbing theories online revolve around, obviously the Black Pyramids, So this theory. Nathan clearly told his pilot he was obviously interested in this lost pyramid. A lot of air quotes, alternative media outlets, and YouTube channels frame his disappearance as connected to a hidden underground structure, secret military and station, or alien technology, or all of the above, or all the above. Some claim he found the pyramid and then vanished, or that his last known location aligns with one of the rumored coordinate sets key points. There's obviously no verified evidence for these claims, and the official case describes a missing solo traveler. The pyramid narrative explains why he chose that remote location and how you know in how internet mythology is really shaping his trip, but it doesn't explain what physically happened to him. Next one's foul play, human caused. I'm not even going to this one. This is now he's the only one there. He was the only one there. So another theory is based on the delayed search and system failures. This is more about process than cause, So that long gap between mid June and mid September materially reduces any chance of finding him, regardless of how he passed away. The messages stop mid June. The wife calls the pilot. The advice is to get a helicopter, but then there's no documented official engagement for roughly three months. By the time the search was started, tracks would have faded, vegetation changes, any sense he would have left or gone. Like you, maybe if he got out there right away, he could bring some scent dogs in and maybe track what happened to him. If he's the only human stopping around in the same area for an extended period of time, there's chance that his scent is around and and you know a dog might be able to track that. Yeah, you're not gonna be able to do that three months later, nobly, So, you know, observers, including another pilot, argue that those months may have been decisive, that even if the ultimate cause was just an accident, the response is what failed him. This theory, this is not really a theory of what happened to him, but why. We don't know what happened to him. So just kind of interesting that it took so long for them to get out there. So those are the theories. What do you think happened? My boring, I.
Speaker 1: Would say most hot take is that he went for water and got lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's so thick and remote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got turned around and like if you don't have any type of navigation, like he got comfortable yep, and just said I've got this area figured out, I'm gonna go get water and yeah, just could not find his way back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then just yes to come to the elements. And his body is probably out there close to his tent, probably within a mile radius of his campsite, and it's just so thick and so remote they're just not going to find him. And after he sadly passes away, the remains will be scavenged and dispersed even more in an area that is really hard to find anything. Yeah, Okay, I'm online. I'm on board with that. I think that's the most plausible. I don't think. I don't think he found the pyramid. Can I give you my off the deep end please? I think now this is off to deepen. Obviously this isn't what happened to him, But if it did happen to him, I think he found a passage into the pyramid. He went inside and then it closed in on him and he couldn't get out, and that's why they didn't find him or his gear. And he's stuck. He's stuck in there in an underground where he's alive because the power of the pyramid could keep him alive forever. He is in his subterranean woom of the Alaska Pyramid. Because now bring this back to reality. The I believe maybe I'm wrong with this, but the pyramids in Egypt were known to be like booby trapped. So yeah, they had like different where you'd go into a room and if you like stepped on something, it could close you in. And I'm actually gonna google it, so I don't sound like an idiot. Why don't you talk about your off the deep end?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll talk about the What the Black Pyramid is because look so uh. The most commonly repeated versions claim that it is an approximately five hundred and fifty feet tall, with its top about one hundred and fifty feet underground, and is based roughly seven hundred feet underground. It is made from an unusually dark material and is larger than the Great Pyramid of Giza. It generates or transmits enough power to enough energy to power Alaska, and some tellings say all of Canada. The military operates a secret facility around it and has suppressed evidence of its existence. Its electromagnetic field may interfere with aircraft compasses and human behavior, supposedly connecting it to disappearances inside the so called Alaska Triangle. The proposed location is frustratingly elastic, south or west of Denali, northwest of d Nali National Park, somewhere between Denale and Gnome, or simply central Alaska. Nobody has produced authenticated coordinates, so where the story came from the public version of the legend appears to originate primarily with a July twenty twelve interview conducted by paranormal journalist Linda Moulton Howe. Her principal source was Douglas Allen. Mutchker I said that wrong, who was described as a retired US Army counterintelligence warrant officer formerly stationed at Fort Richardson, ther Anchorage. She said that in late nineteen ninety two, he watched an Anchorage television report stating that seismic waves from a Chinese nuclear test had revealed a huge underground pyramid in Alaska. He claimed that when he later contacted the station for recording, employees denied that.
Speaker 2: The report had ever aired.
Speaker 1: He also said that after being transferred to Fort Meade, he searched classified files containing Alaskan archaeological sites or underground installations. According to his account, security personnel stopped him and told him he did not have a need to know. No copies of the documents were produced, So apparently China did an underground nuclear test in nineteen ninety two. May twenty first yields of approximately one megaton. Seismic instruments throughout North America recorded the resulting waves. Those waves are used by scientists to study an unusual geological structure beneath northern Alaska, but it was located approximately twenty seven hundred kilometers beleave the surface, near the boundary between Earth's mantle and core is roughly three hundred kilometers across, and not pyramid shaped, had nothing to do with an archaeological structure near Dnali, so it seemed to have sparked from like they did pick up an anomaly because of the waves in the New Fild test, similar to how we found out the moon was hollow, so that's and then you have this retired general that was told he can't have access to the pyramid documents.
Speaker 2: Okay, So going back to Egyptian pyramids, I was wrong. They didn't have booby traps in the movie sense. So archaeologists have found no evidence of Egyptian pyramids containing active traps designed to crush, they have poison or permanently imprisoned intruders.
Speaker 1: Then can I guess would they fill reservoirs with mercury and stuff like that? No?
Speaker 2: Okay, they did use what they call passive security features, so they would have massive granite stones lowered to block passages, corridors filled or sealed with stone plugs, hidden entrances, false passages, and misleading chambers, and extremely heavy stone doors or slabs that could make retreat difficult after builders sealed the tomb. So nothing active like if you went in there. I feel like in.
Speaker 1: School I learned that they booby trapped the Pyramids. It's probably just wrong. I'm sure it was wrong. It's funny that Pluto was a planet they booby trapped the Pyramids. I also learned that the Pyramids were a tomb, and then I was told that they never actually found bodies in there.
Speaker 2: Ever, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: See this is where like the moons could be hollow. All the information I've got in as child is all wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm still sticking with my off the deep end that he found an entrance to the underground pyramid and some way or another got lost inside and was not able to make it back out. That's what I'm going with off the deep end. What I really think happened was he got lost, and it's so vast and remote and dense and sparse, no one travels there. He was probably the first person in a long time that has seen that lake. And yeah, no pictures. You know, even in.
Speaker 1: Really populated traveled parks, it takes years sometimes to find the remains of someone who went hiking, like Joshua Tree. Yeah, like that park is used a lot, and it's not anywhere near this dense like you know, for and how long did it take to find Paul Miller?
Speaker 2: Several years?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and he was like, uh, not that far off the trail, not far off from where.
Speaker 2: So like it is completely when one percent plausible that he just got lost sadly and passed to come to the exposure and you know, and died and then probably his remains were scavenged and spread even more, which makes it even harder to find it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it makes it sound fine, but I'm with you on that one. I think that's totally yeah, what happened. And now we have to go like way back into all of our paranormal stuff. Apparently we are doing a deep dive on the pyramid on all the things.
Speaker 2: I don't think we've ever mentioned it, because we've done. I think we have on the Alaska Triangle.
Speaker 1: I feel like it was mentioned, maybe mentioned as like as like a passing fact they're going to do. It would have come up when we did the Alaska Triangle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did. That was an og episode long. It was like episode super fifteen, super Ogent. We're on one seventy six. Jeez, we're like, it's always sunny. We do like twelve episodes a year, yes, because we've been doing this since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, well, thanks again for tuning into our show. We appreciate all of you for listening and sharing Locations Unknown with your friends and family. Be sure to like and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, where you can find the videos of each episode. What is happening here? That's not the outro. There we go, that's the patron intro. Also, if you'd like to support the show monetarily, please visit our website or Facebook sort of buy some cool swag. Additionally, you can subscribe to our patron account, YouTube and Apple really have access to special events additional shows for paid customers only. Lastly, when you enjoying the beauty of nature, whether you're backpacking, camping, taking a walk, or searching for the dark Pyramid in Alaska, always remember to leave no trace.
Speaker 2: Thanks and we will see you all next time.