Speaker 1: Three three, It's time to dance in this Thursday April ten, twenty twenty five. This is Sparta. I'm your host, Jason Strayhorn along my co host Cedric Swerve and Irvin.
Speaker 2: Hit him with the swerve, Hit him with the swerve, hit him slow motion with that swerve.
Speaker 1: Hey man, Hey, I like the way you move in today. Five.
Speaker 2: We want to welcome you to the show.
Speaker 1: If this is not we think it for your loyalty and please don't forget to like some subscribe buttons. Please helps us a whole lot. Does not cost you a thing. Let us know where you're watch him from. Swear Woody back on it again. Y'all had me tripping mercy from the land of Aloha.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of mercy, a lot of mercy.
Speaker 1: A lot of mercy, A lot of mercy out there, man, you know, from the most interesting men in the world. Hey in, what's going on? Rashid Laura, General Patten's in the house, Brad Gray once again and Coach Mareen coach college coach. Yeah, we got a little show here we gotta get into.
Speaker 2: Last time.
Speaker 1: On Tuesday, we had the great Travis Allen from Lancing Eastern Notre Dame and then the famous sports agent for athletes first, one of the biggest sports agencies in the world for NFL players, went into the NIL and the transfer portal and how things are looking.
Speaker 2: But we got to talk about our own stuff in.
Speaker 1: East Lansing, what's going on with the transferred portal in spring football. But first, swerve man, listen, we're gonna get into that after these message from our friends over at gray Matter Exchange Great Matter.
Speaker 3: Just like a bad player can cost your team the game overpaying for shipping can cost your business. Gray Matter Exchange your all star team for shipping savings will help you score big with up to thirty percent savings on your ups and FedEx costs.
Speaker 2: Hmmmmy straight.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you something, man, did you a chance to watch and I and I saw it because I wanted to see it because I was a fan of the UKR The point guard. I remember she heard her knee she had thanks she tore a cl two years ago and that made it to the Fighting for or something like that, and she came back and she mission.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 4: Once we got out, you know how somehow became a Cooper flag from man.
Speaker 2: You know, I wanted to do.
Speaker 4: They was up twelve and blew the church's money. Then watching Florida and in Houston, the first two or three minutes they throwing brigs. They I mean, I thought it stayedlem too big for both of them. Houston go up, I wake up. Houston lost.
Speaker 2: It was bad. That was a monumental collapse right there.
Speaker 1: We talked about what happened to both of those teams you just brought up, you know, with Houston though, on that stage, the guy feel bad for Kelvin Simpson Samson for not being able to close that one out. He would have been the oldest coach to win the NCAAA tournament ever if he got it. Instead, Florida coach ends up being the second youngest since Jimmy Valinald way back in the day. You know, he was thirty eight. I think Valvevinald was thirty seven ish. So, man, congratulations to Florida for being able to win that tournament.
Speaker 2: But my god, what happened to Houston? What I don't know?
Speaker 4: I mean, I know, to see how Houston prightnice. Now see that's the type of pricice I was used to high school. Everybody can say I was playing football on the basketball court. Man, that's my type of coaching right there, Bud.
Speaker 1: When you know he's a Judd Heath coach disciple, he comes from Michigan State.
Speaker 2: Kelvin Samson, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a grad assistant under a Judd Heath go back in I think it was seventy nine and eighty in that era, right there, right after the national championship that year, the year after he was in these lands, and he talked about Judd a couple of times during the tournament. So I mean that physicality that's obviously we know is O is a judg he's coach disciple. But man, you know I saw that they were rolling the balls out there and they diving for it like it's a fumble drill.
Speaker 4: Man magic, you roll the ball, the coach rolled the ball out. Is that gallon tee that you really don't like going for the balls?
Speaker 2: Great as oh elbows?
Speaker 4: Oh I got to get by two or three, get the ball.
Speaker 1: Only place on the planet where stuff like that, like assault is legal, legal assault.
Speaker 2: Don't you miss that? Well, you can't do that. You can't coach them trying to win.
Speaker 1: Coach, Oh, you ain't never spit on nobody there in no competition.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: But it was that one gallon of team I didn't like something happy, you know, and I got that one chances.
Speaker 2: Elbow, kind of like Draymond did the other day when they were on him. He went up there.
Speaker 1: Might have been doing it for thirteen years. How long you've been in the league. Hey, maybe it's ray Raymond. Sebastian man is swerving. Irvin. Well, you can see that's family right there. Hey man, they know you everywhere. Listen, we gotta talk a little bit about what happened in gymnastics.
Speaker 2: Regional acclaimed.
Speaker 1: Michigan State Gymnastics picked up a trial of awards from the Women's Collegiate Gymnasis Association just yesterday. Gabrielle Stephen was named w CGA Region one Gymnast of the Year. Head coach Mike Rowe was named Region one Head Coach of the Year, and associate head coach Nicole Jones and assistant coach Devin right ronod's Regional Assistant Coaches of the Year. Mister State Gymnasts gymnastics program dominant again had a great run still going uh international, I believe they are right now. But man, second on the u c l A and the Big ten tournament, they kick an ass s straight.
Speaker 4: This is the thing about it. And I had a chance to, you know, see a tournament real quick on. It was a Big ten network, all right. You can just see the work that these these ladies put in. You know, I know everybody putting their work or whatever it may be. But you got to think when you at Michigan State, you and East Lassy, they already say we did well.
Speaker 2: We were the number one.
Speaker 4: School in Big ten to go to. What was that, yeah, yeah, yeah, the coolest cool We're the coolest school to go to. Overall experience, Yeah, overall experience. So when you get the overall the spirits of being a spartan as a regular student, that's what you don't get when you get athletes together. We just feed off each other, you know, from the old g's for the ones before what, we just feed it. We give it down to the back. It is just one big family. That's just like we was in the club. They were saying, go on, go on, and I want to swing in that jersey because it's just all love because we feed off each other straight. Yeah, Okay, we brought back to the club.
Speaker 1: Go on, go on, we gotta have another one. That was an epic knight right there. And man, you know that we're gonna do something for the spring game. But there's no spring game, so I'm sorry. You know, we can't do the third an we're gonna have. We're gonna move the third annual post spring uh celebration to a day pre preseason. We're gonna do a pre season party for everybody right now. I know, Yeah, we gotta do that. We got to plan that. We really wanted to play something for this spring game, but the cancer spring. As everybody knows, they got the scoreboard stuff going on. They don't want to get anymore. That's more of a family event. But we want the family and the fans and the players and everybody to kind.
Speaker 2: Of get together.
Speaker 1: What they call those mixers, remember them icebreakers, And we're gonna do our own icebreaker.
Speaker 2: Remember that. That's what we gotta do. Swerve, I'm three and o every icebreaker? What you mean by that? Free?
Speaker 4: And oh I never lost the icebreaker. Okay, at one time it was the bottom of the Knife's great, it was the bottom of the knife, and I came through.
Speaker 2: In the end, baby.
Speaker 4: The bottom of it, and were proud of you for that. I spake it out. I was stagging out all night. Then I ended up getting one base hit brother to break it a hole.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what we need. Case Hall all that man, you know, getting it all, getting it in is Wick. That's what you do in these lands. Swerve, we gotta talk about the train us for a portal news that we just heard today.
Speaker 2: But first, these message from our friends over at I.
Speaker 5: Hop six dollars never tasted so good. I Hop's breakfast Shaves Combo is now just six dollars, featuring I hops world famous buttermilk pancakes, Chrispy hickory smoke bacon, and two eggs cooked to order your way, all for just six bucks, part of the new six dollars house Swaves menu.
Speaker 1: All right, Swerve, you got the pancakes on your breath. But we're moving on to the transfer portal news of the day they met you. Basketball did get a commitment from Florida Atlantic six to seven. Hey, man, that's a strong Ford right there, power forward, shooting guard whatever you.
Speaker 2: Want to call him, and he looking good. Caleb Glenn, this guy has two years.
Speaker 1: Of eligibility left, and man, everybody's very excited over at the basketball say over in Breslin. I talked to a few people over there today and uh, they're extremely excited.
Speaker 2: But they ain't done yet. They ain't finished.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know he can talk all that shit talking about the transfer port. He probably won't looking at it that tag. He was still in the deads. But get to get a six seven veteran M point shooter.
Speaker 2: Whoah's shooting now?
Speaker 1: I mean that's what Jay Rich was shooting. So I mean, hey, Andy, they were within three attempts of each other, so they're right there. He's right on part with him and just a bigger body too to really run the floor and transition. You know, they're really excited about that. You know, they like looking for a combo guard coming up and maybe somebody else like this, because I think what really hurt Michigan State were caught up to him as a size when they got deeper in that tournament. You know, when you got into that final four, everybody was long man, and you know how it is in basketball, brother, you gotta have some size.
Speaker 4: Well, hey, six seven, gotta be athletic guy. Guy that can shoot from outside. Forty said, uh and and fa, you played some good basketball. You know depend how long he was there?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Just just what two years ago they was in the final four? Right, final four? Yeah? Yeah, push up? Final four. I bet three years ago they was in the final four straight. I mean I must I must have been passed out that day.
Speaker 4: Get fifteen push ups? What you said the way you said you said, you said it like they.
Speaker 2: Was never in it final four? Yes, okay, I want to say three to four years ago, sway you but the way.
Speaker 1: Your producer shine, let us know what's going on, you know, f A you hell no, If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: I guess seventeen push ups on camera? That's all a Max. Okay, I'm saying three to four years ago, f A last year, Hold on last year, last year. I say three to four years ago.
Speaker 2: Out of here that we're gonna rewind the tape, rewind the tap. I can tell you it was the same time the University of Miami was in the League eight. Okay, yeah, I know, you know I'm about them South Florida schools. Now, come on, dog, can I get my push up? I just want you to do we gotta put it on live. Put my push ups on, lie Man, put the push ups on live. This kid here man, listen, three I appreciated JP no GP my bad CG Okay twenty two, twenty three six. Okay, guess what two years ago that is? That's yeah, that is three years ago. You're right, listen. You would saying that I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: You were saying it like they didn't even get that far. Ever, that's the way you was headed. I know you, I know you brother, bon't know nobody else. You were saying it like they fucking never made it.
Speaker 2: That's not what I meant.
Speaker 1: But you know, Caleb did start his football his career at Louisville now, so you know, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, he's a four star kid coming out, you know. And then he went on to Fau. He wanted to get down the sunshine. I think the boy's from Llwydville originally himself. Now he's up there playing for his own and you know that was the pitch that was made, like, look, you know, we're not throwing you know, you know, eight figures like some of these guys are doing. But you want to play for the best and be the best, and you know, be around the Spartan dog family and he was in so welcome to the average.
Speaker 2: Yes, great, what did the average last year? I think?
Speaker 1: Let's see, he averaged up with twelve points a game, and he made sixty all of his attempt at the rim, but he was forty one percent from the three point line. That was the big stat that stood out everybody. For a guy of his size and athleticism to be that consistent shooting from the three, that's what you need. And he's also high school teammate Jeremy Fearce, former high school teammate, So hey, there's some familiar garity there.
Speaker 2: You know, that's what you need.
Speaker 4: Hey, you gotta look at it from a recruiting standpoint. You know, you just win and got a top high school guy out of high school. If you want to look at it, that you got a guy that can come in and play right now. So guess what, we don't lose anything if you don't get a high school kid, you know what I mean, which we already got to. I think two guys committed early anyway.
Speaker 2: That's that's cam orders. This is a big man, right, That's what I'm saying. So you got those guys.
Speaker 4: So now you can focus on the portal and a minute be around those guys when the time comes, so you get you know whatever, you lose your to get another point, God to replace three, you know two, whatever his number was. And I ain't good with that because I'm mad he jumped in the porter. But I was Finnah say somebody believe did he kiss the did he kiss the He just protected he protected it. Oh okay, you can't kiss the fucking floor and then jump in the portal. Yeah, no, no, no, I can understand you fight for it. But if he kissing jumping the porter, that's on sight, how can you kiss you?
Speaker 2: You're kissing it? You saying you're done.
Speaker 1: It was like you said that Jay Richardson, he's kissing you should have kissed it in the Atlanta right, and then.
Speaker 2: Look what happened. He waited two more weeks later to be like, you know, day listen if I was his dad after I hug ain't so doan favor.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna record you just going over there and I know this Atlanta, but just go ahead and kiss it and I can send it to the video guy. We can add like his Michigan state floor. But we're gonna don't worry about the floor, don't worry about the arena. Just go over there and kiss it, because that's what You're not going back these lands, you know what I mean, You're not.
Speaker 2: You may go back for you know, they won't know him on the show and see what he says about himself. You know, I know, I know you.
Speaker 1: We talked to him at the game. You got You've been talking with him. We're gonna get him. We're gonna get Jason Richardson on this show. He sparked dog from back in our era and he had a son, So we want him to talk about it and see what the process was.
Speaker 2: I mean, do people want to see something like that? I don't know.
Speaker 1: We had enough interest in that. I think we can get him on the show. Do you think that would be a high, highly rated show. Jason Richardson talking about James Richardson. As long as you don't bring up none of the stuff back in these lands. You can't bring up no Cherry Lane, you can't bring up University Village, you can't bring up none of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Man, that's over it. You gotta move forward. You know what, you make a good point.
Speaker 4: You gotta because I got some good memories, you know, my mind remember what I wanted to remember when it comes to that, you know, like, go, let's go back to the ice breaking real quick. You know, I got a good story. Come on, man, come man, what about the icebreaker?
Speaker 2: This is okay.
Speaker 4: I can tell you this my first icebreaker that we didn't get a chance to go to because we was in the kell laws, right mm hmm. We had a teammate swerve. No, I wasn't swerved yet. Miami, I'm going an icebreaker. I said, man, how you're gonna go to the icebreaker?
Speaker 2: Man? Soon as they do bed check, boom boom, go down there and say what.
Speaker 3: I said?
Speaker 2: We got a game tomorrow showing up wake up for brothers. Boy, why haven't you missed it? I said, you've made it back that that I know what you're talking about easily. Yeah. He tried to get me to go. No, I'm not doing that. Yeah. He always wanted somebody to go in there, you know.
Speaker 4: But now the next year I get a chance to go, right, yeah, and I say, damn, I should have went the first year.
Speaker 2: I said, right, don't.
Speaker 1: Mind these words. I'm just you know, the official beer of this is Sparta. That's that's all we're doing right now. You know, I know, I know you drank all yours.
Speaker 2: That's aw. You drink all yours the other day. Yeah oh yeah, yeah yeah. They got a truck coming to visit you in a minute. I see that. Yeah, I got a way to reload.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: That's one thing about Cours, like they taking care of your boy.
Speaker 1: Oh weird, yes, official beer. So so yeah, icebreaker. You can't sneak out of the kell all to go to the icebreaker, but you gotta game.
Speaker 2: The next day. It was who was the game against you? Remember, Folle test down.
Speaker 1: Perdue, big ten opponent you first the day you came, you ain't going out. I'm glad you didn't. I'm glad we were all happy that you didn't do that.
Speaker 4: But now the thing about it straight, the next year we get a chance to actually go to the icebreaker. And when I got there, I was like, damn, I should have left the year before this.
Speaker 2: I got this. It is a beautiful thing. It kicks off the whole school year, you know, yeah, oh yeah, yes. I don't know who remembers icebreakers.
Speaker 1: Anybody in the chat remember icebreakers back when you played, when you went to Michigan State.
Speaker 2: Any spartans out there to remember icebreakers those tell me do you remember the aftermath for the icebreaker with the ice milk?
Speaker 1: Nobody wants to admit that, sir man, there was a special moment that happened today at Michigan State spring practice.
Speaker 2: I think we have it on video, Uh, producercle we pull that up.
Speaker 6: Kind of wraps up this time here with Huns.
Speaker 2: We all know he's been a real pleasure to have him on the team. The presents around brings our spirits and every time you see him. Some nations from Fred at that day when.
Speaker 6: Present heavy year around, We're gonna.
Speaker 2: Miss your man. Man. It touch me, man, hey man, Hey, Mason is a Spartan for life. Gotta love it.
Speaker 1: Gotta love when I see things like that. You know it really it warmed your heart. That's how can it not warm your heart? You talk about why now, why they're saying they're gonna miss him?
Speaker 2: What? What's what's up with that?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: I mean I don't know about that. You know, he's he's a sparting for life. He's not doing well.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Your teammate from Team Impact you saw Jordan Hall right there leading the charge. You know, three time captain I m G. Academy by the way, and spartan dog for life, you know, entering his third season, third campaign as a linebacker, number five on the field, number one of your hearts, Jordan Hall. I see Mama Hall for chat. So we got to get your baby some love. I see you know, Dylan Tatum out there as well, and all kinds of Look the whole team rolled around Mason so that they can show him some love and uh, you know, I hope that he can find some comfort during this time of battles in need.
Speaker 2: Right now, sir, oh.
Speaker 4: Man, that's that's a beautiful that's I mean, if I want such an alpha mayor, I think I would have cried in the inside. But you know, things like that, man, it goes a long way. Man, especially I mean not just to that that person, but as to the people that the caretakers as well, you know, just to show love like that, and uh, you know, it was amazing, you know, just like Coach Marine said, it was amazing for them to do that.
Speaker 1: You know, all day long, it was very amazing. There's Mama Hall right there. Mason's a fighting dog for life.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: You know, you know I love this, you know, because that's the plan form that you provided when you're playing college football on this level or any kind of college sports. That's why I love what Charitable Get the America is able to do when they asked to get five percent of their nil contracts back to a charitable organization of their choice. This is somewhat like that, you know, when you're talking about actually interacting with people like this, you just don't know what that does for a family.
Speaker 2: Swear what what what you got on? Man? What's that?
Speaker 4: I got this at my job for my birthday because I can't get a blanket from mama.
Speaker 2: Hall.
Speaker 4: See, I ain't even have to say that. Look, I ain't even have to say nothing. She already knew, she already knew.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you ain't even got to say something right, you know. It's all communication, you know, non verbal, non communicating.
Speaker 2: That's all I did was do this.
Speaker 4: They look whatever said, I ain't saying nothing straight. It could be cold in here, you know, a here dog, I won't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah like this man, because again it looks cold here. It's all I.
Speaker 1: Got waiting for the blanket. We gotta get a blanket for months. Right, She'll be an e l in three days, you see that.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, I'll be down the street and tomorrow bring it down an ar meet me on the highway and I.
Speaker 2: Saw something, man, So you are really going to add arc.
Speaker 4: So so all all my fans, not my fan, my family members, I'm not I'm going, but I'm not going. You know, I gotta go because you know I'm I'm the caretaker, I'm the I'm you know, I'm his daddy. But guess what I'm going in there. I'm not I'm bringing my own chair. I'm not sitting on I'm not touching nothing. I'm not eating a food. I'm not doing none of that. Straight not not gonna disrespect the school. I'm gonna have my jacket on, but underneath, I'm gonna have my green shirt off.
Speaker 2: So so why why why are you going there? Now? He's Lansing.
Speaker 4: Hey, they asked my son to come. They got a communication with the linebacker coach. You know he's intrigued about it, and you know they asked him to come up for a practice.
Speaker 1: Far out of the day. I saw him in Georgia last weekend. So I mean, hey, I just I've just seen him a minute ago. I was dropping off stuff to old old Cody. Man, I've just seen it. He got the glasses on, looking real or stupid, like a like he a four point five student walking around captains.
Speaker 2: And can't spell four point five. Oh, I got a brother in Stanford. Now come on, he came in. Come on. They said always skip, they always skipped one. You know skip. You got to say it that skip tomorrow. Okay, you know how that one?
Speaker 5: Son?
Speaker 4: Do everything you did you used to do, so you really can't get mad. And then you gotta tell them like, hey, don't lie to me because I know I did it.
Speaker 2: I know you. I made you. You know, don't lie to me. I know what you're doing. Son, I did it. You mean, I'm you. Don't lie to me.
Speaker 1: Man, Listen, we can go all day about that, but I do want to hear reports of that. We're gonna give some reports of what we saw from the drone of what was going on in East Lansing. We took a deep dive at Spring Practice after these messages here because we gotta make your nil gift charitable.
Speaker 2: You know, we have to make sure you know.
Speaker 1: MSU Baseball's dominant left handed pitcher joj Zerwa is giving back to the community once again through his partnership with Charitable Get America through Team Impact. Once again. This is the same Impact team that we just had with Mason. MSU Baseball selected six year old Luca Wright to join the team.
Speaker 2: That's their type recruit this season.
Speaker 1: Luca's currently taking on LUKENA needs support from all of our spartan community. Step up to the plate for your fellow spartan today at cg Aathletics dot org. Swear like when you heard so far, please hit the like and subscribe button and man swear.
Speaker 2: Look, there's a QR code. Go there. Follow Joseph Deserve with one of the best pictures in America.
Speaker 1: Every strikeout he's donating money for Luca and Team Impact.
Speaker 2: I mean this is huge.
Speaker 1: The Team Impact has got a baseball kid, and now we've got a football Look.
Speaker 2: I love Team Impact. We gotta have them on the show. Team Impact. The picture.
Speaker 4: Ninety miles probably don't matter. I can't wait to get up there, Straat. I'm gonna let them know I ain't forgot.
Speaker 1: Nobody's forgotten that you think you can get the picture softball picture the baseball pitcher.
Speaker 2: Right yeah. Still those sight whenever, whenever I get them ready.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you said your son should explore every opportunity as long as he chooses INSU.
Speaker 2: That's it right there, IMG linebacker pedigree. We got it.
Speaker 4: We got a line g linebacker right now, Mama Hall listen, I can't even get a blanket from you, and I'm gonna pay for it.
Speaker 2: You think they're gonna give me one dollar more? Uh?
Speaker 4: Oh, they didn't even invite us to practice. It's cool though, but listen, man, listen, I got a chance that the flyer drone. You know, I got the batteries and the last week I ain't had the batteries, right, but I got the good batteries. You know.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna say no name because we probably need a you know, responsor, but I got the good batteries. Yeah, no, d yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I went over Troy Bridge, went around and you know, went in and one thing I can tell you overall view members, and I said my shit before about what school they went to or whatever, but straight the don't receivers.
Speaker 2: Look damn good.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, and I ain't talking about Theos, the Greek God. I ain't talking about the All Tar freshman. No, I ain't even talking about him.
Speaker 2: Straight.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about Evans, I'm talking about Rodney. I'm talking about Kelly. Oh my, oh my, Kelly, I call him okay, oh straight. And I can't forget about McCrae.
Speaker 2: These guys. Now, See, that's the thing I want to say. I wanted to know.
Speaker 4: I got to go back again, probably in the summer. Is it the coaching or these guys coming in with good talent because they look damn good?
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, I got a good hats off to number one Courtney Hawkins, the coach over there at the receiver position, because his ability not only is development obviously going into the portal. They're not going out and just buying the top players. And you know whoever two four seven are on three, says the number one guy. They are actually scouting and looking for certain traits and they're doing that in pretty much every position. Now, you got a good base. Now, maybe don't need to keep doing that. But on the receiver side, they have definitely upgraded that room overall. Like you said that, Amara Kelly from Middle Tennessee State man, hey, serb. I mean he looked the part. He is the part, and he said, mccraig, he's making players all over the field. And then boy, I believe boy had a brother. I think he was a East Lands a kid. He and a brother, the big the big monster. Uh Ethan boy. This is Evan boy, you know. And that's something when you have a six foot eight tackle and then a receiver in the same household.
Speaker 2: Same mom and dad.
Speaker 1: We've seen that last year. We're doing Carroll, Michael Carroll. I'm never commit sign his brother was a receiver. But I also got to give line straight. Also like number four, you know, the linebacker he got. He got great speed. He looked the damn good and the and the and the in the handdogs.
Speaker 4: He looked good in nine o seven, you know, seemed like he got some good busy run behind his past. He one cut guy getting north the south. But I saw the burst, you know, I saw the bursts, you know, and and I think it's Tolliver, Toy Tolliver, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's the kid that you make an up because he comes from Sacramento. You're talking about the running that you said linebacker.
Speaker 2: All right, So.
Speaker 4: I said running backs, I don't too much defense. I don't give about them, my offensive guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, man, you know, we got to give special thanks to to Jim Camperoni for these videos.
Speaker 2: Here a sparking videos. We will give credit. What credits do. He was on campus and filming when we were there a drone of the drones hidden.
Speaker 1: We can't use the footage from the drone because we don't want to get banned. Okay, ken you but they let COMP do this, So we're using COMP video because he had to pass for that. They hadn't given us that pass to be able to show you exactly what we saw. So we'll be telling you what we're seeing. And uh, Tyal Tolliver the Sacramento State transferred what do you think about tullus?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: These are in Fraser.
Speaker 1: Those are two guys who were returning players from a year ago in Missister State.
Speaker 2: They run the ball number seven and number five.
Speaker 4: You know the thing about it, they had a chance in the opportunity to watch, you know, and it's three ways you learn, watch, you listen, and doing you know. And sometimes that's that's that's some of the best coaching because now you don't have to You don't have to teach effort, you don't have to teach desire, you don't have to teach dedication and commitment, because now you had a chance to sit on your ass and watch the guys that the coaches thought was better than you. Now is your chance, your opportunity to take the bull by the horn and hell of your business. So those guys look like they was best, you know. And I was really just looking at the guy from the West coast because I never seen Sacramento Central High HBCU stay on TV. So but I was, you know, I was almost was a believer because I want to see it when it's go full guy tackle on the ground. But look, the damn good is scary and all those things. So the mother guy just looked like best. I won't worried about them, you know, because, like I say, they got it in them already.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a good room right there.
Speaker 1: You talk to the receiver rooms a big upgrade, you know, you talk thanos Nick marsh He is what he is, you know, Nicha a bona fide superstar in the making. If he isn't already a lot of people's mind along that offensive line you know, you have a really right spot and the left tackle Stanon Rammele. I mean you talk with that a guy there, he has a size at six seven. You know, he's really athletic, a guy that carries three hundred and ten pounds and damn they got a six packs. I mean, this is a very very solid player. You know, you get a lot of calls. I mean when when guys are heavily sought after they start, you know, they start calling everybody and trying to get to him. And that's one name that is constantly coming up around the country is how can they get in touch with a Stanton Ramble because they're offering that throwing money at him. You know what, I know they done call it. You better call me about him. I told the guys that the gentleman everybody. I said, hey, you better make sure he's happy, because if I'm hearing you and I are hearing about the ship, I know they done got to mommy and daddy in them and so they offering him. But from what I'm hearing them talk to him a little bit on Saturday during their scrimmage, he's very locked in with Michigan State because he's a man of faith, and that's one of the things that they look for. You know, he likes he's got the nice nucleus of people there. You know, you had guys like Nate Carter year. We'll be leading the charge in that aspect, that area in Jordan Hall, you know, going on trips over to South Africa in different places that they have a strong nucleus of faith believers who they don't necessarily want to chase bags all the time. The Mischis State has it to give when it comes to retention. That's one area that Michigan State does not lack in the transfer portal and retention. High school recruiting is a different story along the offensive line. That's the superstar right there. The other guy who really stood out to me so was that Matt gupp Gup Goldin. It's the transfer out of Wake Forest the Center. You know, it looks like there's an upgrade happening there. He's got little mean streak inning, you know. So you know, we're gonna see how the guards fill in. If they can bring Christian Phillips, you know, big Doodle, if he can get himself healthy because he hasn't been practicing, but he is out there, he's running around, he's you know, he's looking good. You know, Dooley was about three sixty now he's about three ten. So he's looking good. Man, he feels good. Uh So all being signs point to him being able to be ready for fall camp and be ready to be a full go Uh now is gonna be gaving brocious on the other guard or Luca Vincick?
Speaker 2: You know, we don't.
Speaker 1: We don't know how that's gonna shake out. There's a lot of competition there. The big transfer name, I do know out of your favorite schools where what Joe Montana State?
Speaker 2: Is that what you call? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah school.
Speaker 4: He just he just bought that school two years ago. Joe Joe, No Joe Robin Hood Mantanta.
Speaker 2: See, you gotta trying trying to bring him along a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, he's got to adjust, uh, you know, to the speed of the game a little bit, you know, playing coming in right in and playing tackle in the Big ten.
Speaker 2: From that level. The Joe Montana State, it was a real school.
Speaker 1: Were just joking here, But him, he's a guy that needs to, you know, really really maybe take.
Speaker 2: Some more work, some more reps.
Speaker 1: He's only in practice two for crying out loud in the Big ten right now in spring football. So you know, is he a guy that's gonna stay and tackle. Is he a guy that may get kicked down to the guard level.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens there. You know, Ashton Lefo, we know what he was a year ago. So we're seeing that if he's gonna continue to compete there and then you know, we'll see that after we're talking about Connor Moore.
Speaker 2: That's the kid out of Montana State. Just to give everybody some.
Speaker 1: Contexts on that. But what about the quarterback positions were I know, you know about number two? He would you want to get to your quarterback. I just had a flashback. I saw number twenty out there, and he looked just like his daddy. You saw number twenty Foster? Oh yeah, may he looked just like his daddy.
Speaker 4: Quick feet, you know, end it out of his cuts and they had for sure head. You know dad was a pure running back. But man, that the kid brobd me just up of his dad.
Speaker 2: Just did man? Oh now they said Foster on the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, this is this is what happens, And you know that's what pedigree does for people, you know. I mean they sometimes they bring some of the trade. Sometimes they bring them all.
Speaker 2: So you know the kid is going. They just had it right there on the on the on the thing at the bottom said Foster was twenty.
Speaker 4: So that's not him. But shiit Sean false. You must got another son, because that kid looked just like you in his past.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, yeah they do. He's shant a producer shot something about Montory Foster. I think this is Sean Foster's kid. He's a preferred walk home. You're right, I don't know what sean. Sean just had a baby scrap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that he got three kids under the age of what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me, give me something on Aidon child. So man, talk to us. Everybody want to know about the quarterback.
Speaker 4: First of all, I'm gonna tell you Aiding child is pissed off for greatness, and I'm gonna leave it at that.
Speaker 2: He pissed off.
Speaker 4: And when I say pissed off, and you gotta understand that that was his that was his freshman year because now he got a chance to play every game. He started every game. That was his freshman year, to play the whole season. You know, it's kind of easy. Not easy, but it's okay to come in, you know, doing blowouts, you know, doing different situations, doing situations someone get hurt, the coach and keep it simple for you or whatever it may be. But to come in and start every game, you know, that was his. That was his rookie year, that was his freshman year. You know, so this year ain't be a lot better. He's a student of the game. And like it said, his his his body, leguage look different. You know, he looked like he ready.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 4: He basically telling me, I learned from last year. I knew I fucked up some time. But guess what, I'm a beast. I'm a beast. Don't believe me, he say, don't believe me, just watch me. I said, okay, now, if you I'm with you, it ain't against you.
Speaker 2: I believe in you. You my quarter back. Hey, he's physically impressive.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: He put on some way. He's got that leadership ability.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's got everything, everything that you want in a quarterback aiden child has.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's the fact he does.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: So you know the job is his.
Speaker 1: You know, you look at some of the guys that are backing him up, Like, you know, the guy who's really sticking out is at Alessio Miller vote Miller votes Shavek. You know that's a tough one right there, brother, But he's looking pretty good. You know, number eleven, he's out there throwing that thing. Man has a great command of the offense. You know, they're recruiting something his high school teammates for the twenty twenty sixth class, so he may be the quarterback of the future. You know, there's been a lot of you know, who is going to be the guy? Do they need to go out into the portal and bring somebody to push Aiden on the back? Aiden up in case of an emergency, He got it right there, unless you know, is the guy. You know, it's a red shirt freshman. He did not play uh too many games last year, so you know he's he's he was able to red shirt and keep that red shirt from last year and got four years of eligibility. So it's hard to believe in Aiden Childs right now. I mean he's in year three already technically a draft eligible guy. You know, you think about that Aiden Childs is draft eligible after the season.
Speaker 4: Man, I mean, but only played one full season, that's right, especially in that position. And then you know, not knocking the offensive coordinator, but you know, we got to would have in a better situation. We gotta use his strength and we gotta use the swept around him, you know what I mean? Like I said, I think, I think in Ohio state, number four is a ten. Our number six is not a three. And I say that meaning we didn't take enough shots.
Speaker 2: We didn't. We didn't.
Speaker 4: We didn't put six in the in the situation to be successful like they put four in the situation to be successful.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the day, did we really believe in six like they believe in four? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: If we did, we we got the wrong person putting the putting the calls out there because we didn't put the quarterback and that guy in the situation to be successful.
Speaker 2: If you ask me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So, can you blame child, Yeah, you can blame some of it, But we also got to say, hey, you know when we threw the deep ball, god damn, we should go in the game say we're gonna take six to eight shots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, there's no doubt about it. If you if you target number six, it's talking about Nick Marsh once again. I think you bring four or was Jeremiah Smithy talking about in Overhio State? Right, But if we target Nick Marsh four maybe six more times against Michigan, what's they all come in that game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know they couldn't stop You do the maps, grac They couldn't stop him. You know that's a fact. They could not stop him. So there's a team. I mean, that's gonna be a battle right there. I don't care what you're talking about. I know everybody said on paper it looks like it's gonna be a blowout, but you know not with number six and number two on.
Speaker 2: The offense side of the ball.
Speaker 1: Jack Velling as a tight end, it's a guy who seems to be in his nineteen season. Okay, so he played like seven years at Oregon State in fifteen years at Michigan State. So he's coming back like the Miami tight end that I think he just had his eleventh twelfth season whatever that was at Miami and the tight end. But Jack Velling's back. He's the guy, you know, looking to really get back to his form as a sophomore. You know, when he was at Oregon State and he had he led to the nation in touchdown receptions for tight ends when it was about twelve touchdowns. Last year, he didn't quite have that season. I think he was at a two touchdowns. So definitely looking to improve on that. Brendan Parachek guy looks like the NFL tight end all day long. You know he's coming back too, but there they need to see if you're gonna utilize him more in the passing game, somebody that can stretch the field, because that's what gets paid now, these tight ends that can stretch the field and calls that mismatch against those strong safeties and get out there to the secondary and play them jump balls, man, and you know.
Speaker 2: Give them a little Gronkowski, you know, give us a little you.
Speaker 1: Know, you know, like I'm not gonna bring up the player because I know his son had some situations going on here, but you know, look, we need some athletic tight ends. They can stretch the field. And Jack Bellen is a guy who's as sure handed as they come. Aiden has a lot of familiar air with him with the receivers. I think that with this year's receiver room that you just talked about, it's gonna open up a lot of pass routes and things underneath the little hooks curls a little for guys like Jack Felly. What's your thoughts on him?
Speaker 4: You know my thing I would like for this team to do because I don't know how battle tested the old line would be, but I think you can help your office a line out if you play fast, if that makes sense, you know what I mean? I think, And I think with the weapons that we got a receiver and the type of backs we got, and we can come up with you know, when I call player, I used to call a race car, you know, where we don't huddle, but we play fast. With a quarterback with his arm like that, you're gonna get You're gonna you're gonna mess the defense up, you know what I'm saying. I think that's what Indiana kind of got people as well too. You know, you see it with Oregon, you know what I mean. So if we can do something like that where we can kind of play fast and get guys in space and catch the defense off guard until our offensive line get the you know, get to going, and get the confidence going and bounty mid battle tested you know, when they're ready for war. But I think if we can develop something like that, I think that'd be too I bet, especially with the receivers that I saw so.
Speaker 1: Far with my draw you know, hmm, yeah. I mean offense is gonna have some weapons. I mean you just talked about it. That offensive line can hold up and they, like you said, that's gonna be It's gonna be attracting out there. That's what we want to see. Now, moving to the defensive side of the ball, we gotta start with, you know, the position group that seems to lead the way all the time in these lansing and especially as of Lake has been the linebackers. And right now you look at the linebackers once again, as like Jordan Hall. We just showed him and his leadership ability with the team. But he's changed his body. A guy who's dropped about twelve pounds or so. We've seen him a few months back. I mean, he's lean, he can run. They want him to be able to get back and coverage. But you know, he can hit and he's as smart as they come as far as diagnosing plays before they happened. If you remember that play against Boston College last year on the goal line. That was Jordan Hall that had that major stop in the goal line because he recognized what the defense was, the offense was coming with on fourth and goal and was able to make that tackle for loss. So he's a guy who's a huge leader in that second level. You know, Brady Prensilov is a guy who's got a lot of town, a lot of upside from a small school up north in Galer.
Speaker 2: But you know, he's a guy who looks apart. Now he does, and you have man Snow. I mean, man look snow, Darius Snow.
Speaker 1: We come on, man, I mean, it's a guy who just you know what was most refreshing about seeing him in the spring drills, no knee braces, you know, for him to have a knee injury that he had and that shit, I think it was three years ago. Now it's been a while, but for him to have no ill effects from that, it's not lingering, boy. And the doctors are good. I can tell you that God is good and the doctors are good.
Speaker 2: Good too.
Speaker 1: To get him back to that farm, and he's moving around as fluid as I've seen him move ever. A guy who when he hits you you hit swerve. You know, that's one of those guys.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Wayne Matthews is the guy who who isn't practicing right now, but you know he's a guy who's always has his nose around the ball at the linebacker position. But you know, I think if you look at the area of concern for the defense, is gonna be that defensive line. The bright spot there. Jalen Thompson, the rush in the past Russia from cast Tech. You know, what's your thoughts on him?
Speaker 4: First of all, when you talk about linebackers, are you talking about the linebackers who mom who made blankets? Jordan Hall number five, His mom made blankets. This is not from Mama Hall. You know, this was thank thank God for my birthday.
Speaker 2: I got you know who. And it flips, it goes this way and then go that way anyway.
Speaker 4: You know, when you got guys like that, you know, it's funny man, you talk about Hall. Uh, you know, coming from IMG, you know several coaches told my son, you know, you kind of remind them of a Hall. So and me telling my son that, and and me just meeting the kid from the first time last year. You know, it was an honor because especially the way Carrie yourself. You know what I mean, I can tell you take out this dad's side of the family, you know, so, uh, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta slip them singers in there. I gotta do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, yeah, I'm a fan of the daddy. Man, I'm getting the daddy some shout out, you know what I mean. But you know that's the that's gonna be a leader of the group, you know. And and also in the back end, but you know, we had a chance to see the honey Badger. You know we're gonna miss him. But you got some guys back there in that back end. They're gonna back them line back and s up. But like you said, we got to get the D line go, you know, D line and old line. You know, if you want to have any kind of question, Marrow, that's the question Marrow right now. And I'm gonna keep saying battle tested, you know, because once you get battle tested, now, I say, look for look for Aiden to have a better year. Why he's battle testing, went through the whole season, battle testing ups and downs, battle testing you know, solve everything on social media. When he was up and you had the big games, you want all types of stuff. You battle tested. Now you're ready, So our kid is gonna be old line and D line. Once we get battle tests, how do we respond to it? You know, we get punched in them out? How do we take it? You know that's the key?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: So, but if you look at those around them, all right, those guys are already battle tested, even together, the majority of of them. Ak if that makes sense, you understand saying so, But hey, I'm ready. I mean, think about it. Even ifn OUW of spring game is what we saw, you're gonna walk out of it and be like, Okay, okay, what vegashead again five and a half? Vegas No South? Cause what it was a year before four and a half Begas No South. So that's all I'm telling y'all. Walking out of practice from my drone because I got a chance to record all two hours and forty seven minutes of it, Vegas No South.
Speaker 1: You're right, I think Vegas might have your drone tap so they can see what you were showing me. We were there together, you know, so that that was that's critical. When you talk about defensive line, another guy there that is a no alex Dan Sumer, you know Van suomer in that name. His brother just won a Super Bowl by the way with Philadelphia and linebacker, so he there's that linebacker d line that makes sense, you know, a little different than O line receiver, but this that makes a lot of sense right there. He's a guy who can get after it. He has experience, he's battle act from injuries as a tough kid. And you know you talk about that secondary, man, look, oh, lock, I think what is it talking about Number one? Now Nikai Martina or like the eating yeah man, oh yeah, PoCA. Maybe you know he's the guy who was a leader in that secondary along with Malik Spencer, who I mean, I don't know if we have two better safeties and Dylan Tatum. I mean, come on, man, as a nickel, how like where is the weakness? And there in the safety is a nickel right there. That that's a lot of experience and a lot of ability and some hard hitting and ball hawking too. We talk about those three guys playing together on the back end. You said the honey Badger, Yeah, that is a loss. That's a big loss there, Honey Badgers being gone. They're trying to replace them. Guys like you know, Bert n Jay and also Joshua Eaton. These are the guys who are trying to get in that position right now. My Hughes is another one, and Malcolm Bell. But look, we got to see a Marion. This is the guy who's had a lot to deal with. The Marion Smith. You know, he lost his mother.
Speaker 2: He's a father of.
Speaker 1: Six now, you know, which is crazy to think of, you know, none of his babies. But he is taking the guardianship of his siblings. So how will he be able to respond? You know, saw him also at practice, you know, getting him in the mental place to be able to, you know, give put his best foot forward. That's something that everybody's cheering for when you talk about a Marion. So Swear, I mean like the outlook is very very very good for Michigan State overall. You know, uh, this is a talented group of guys and the coaching staff.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: What's the mantra that your boy Jonathan Smith says, lower ego, high output, that's the mantra.
Speaker 4: I know that is not how Swear rolls, but hey, out of want to hear that's me. Don't never tell me that ship before practice up before a game. But listen, straight before we get out of here. You gotta think about this and this. This is a great thing too that we gotta also understand.
Speaker 2: O th MOI mean a right?
Speaker 1: This is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it right, that's right, Marion. So what I'm saying is those guys playing with a purpose. My team, you hung around him. He already got one foot in the league right out. You know, one of his best teammates. You know, you know what I'm saying. So I gotta get there. That means something.
Speaker 6: I got.
Speaker 4: I gotta bust my ass. I gotta make some play. I can't miss no tackles I got, I gotta. I gotta make the big hit. I gotta make all the interceptions, right Marion. Purpose, Mama, go six. I gotta do something special to catch the eye of these coaches whoever, because I gotta make plays, right, that's right, Oh, Hall.
Speaker 2: Purpose.
Speaker 4: They took it out this start much last year. I know I can play now they and they can't take me out. It's my show.
Speaker 2: Purpose, snow. Purpose.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 2: Purpose.
Speaker 4: So when I say purpose, people mean it. They playing for something. This ain't no you know, I got next year or I can do it. I ain't gotta do it.
Speaker 2: I gotta do it now. So when they play with.
Speaker 4: A purpose, it's gonna spread like cancer to everybody else. Now everybody else is gonna play with a purpose. And what vegas hell again before we leave.
Speaker 2: Five and a half. Five and a half has an over under for winning totals. By the way, don't believe me. Just watch great point there.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of seniors littered all through the defense, I mean all over this team. You see a lot of experience, and that's exactly what it takes in order to be able to have those years. People talk about, oh, this is like the D'Antonio era, which is it's a different era. But when you look at the makeup of this team, that's what D'Antoni will love to do is have the red everybody red shirt in the class.
Speaker 2: And then when you get to those those guys in their.
Speaker 1: Fifth year of eligibility, I mean through the transfer portal, by the grace of the transport portal, transfer portal guides, we have that now a lot of experience, a lot of older guys. What you just said, with a purpose, so swear, I mean, great show, great way to break down things with your jone I mean, we got more to come in the moment because we have, you know, more basketball news and more football news. You know, we may be going to a little bit more of a finnive format during these times because we got to do more research. We're gonna be able to road. Cedric's going to games. I'm gonna be up there for the spring practices and whatnot. So we know we'll keep you informed as to when we're gonna come on. We will be here at least every week, if not twice. We have special guests from the basketball office coming next week and some all time running back talks too. We're gonna have you on here with some other running backs.
Speaker 2: Swear. We love to do that, so you can drill and talk how you love to talk about that position. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'll call him out.
Speaker 2: You can bring a little white, you can bring the kid that's in Seattle from Wake for whatever school can't Let's break it down. Let's have this conversation. Dammit, Okay, let's do it. Let's do it for Cedric. I'm Jason straight Ward. This is Spartan. Mama Hall, Hey love you all. Everybody. Have a good night. God bless you and go bring.
Speaker 1: Go white h