Speaker 1: Something you should go time out for. Something you should know. Brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA back by physical gold and Silver. Learn more right now and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldira dot com. Excited to visit right now with Mike Tramp from the band White Lion. Music like Wait When the Children Cry, so many huge hits that we play here on Sunny and they've got a new album out right now. Mike, I'm excited to chat with you. Tell me a little bit about this new album.
Speaker 2: Oh it's my pleasure. I love talking about my new album.
Speaker 1: And how long does it take to put out an album? I've never done this before. Is it something that takes weeks? Does it take months, to take years? Decades? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, the factory is what takes longest to do. The songs is what takes the short is It's one of those things I mean in reality today you know you didn't sing about it in the old days when you went into the studio. Never you never even thought about what would happen once your hands, is the music to the record company and they handed it to the factory today, you know, because the industry has changed so completely, and we're one of those bands that definitely released, you know, every album on Finyl. There are only so many factories and printing plans left that does final and so you know, there's a long queue. So I mean, you have to really plan it ahead of time, and also that it coincides that you have the material ready for the tour, because you know, I know, it's not exactly like that's a record store near corner anymore.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Now, you guys started in nineteen eighty three, you had some amazing hits in the eighties. My wife and I love the music. We play you on our station here and I am so excited that you've got this this new song that you just put out and a whole new album. How many songs are on the album that you just put out, Mike, Well, you know, I am.
Speaker 2: A big fan of the classic ten that's sort of about a race. I would almost say that nine out of ten of my favorite classic albums have ten songs, and so you know, it's just one of those when you open you know, like you bring eggs home, there's you want the same amount of X to be there. You know that you've grown up. It's just one of those things. There's ten songs on Volume two. I think there was eleven to twelve songs on volume Volume one, which which we have to make it a double vinyl album because you know, classic you cannot really put more than twenty two and a half minutes too. You know, on the side of vinyl two. You could do anything on a CD, but but when you weren't released it on an LP, you have to respect the grooves and you can only put so much music on the side.
Speaker 1: Now there's new songs of White Lion Volume two, featuring the latest single Out with the Boys. Let's talk about Out with the Boys and tell me a little bit about the background of where this song came from.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is, the song makes more sense today regardless if I wrote that song in nineteen ninety recorded in nineteen ninety, because now we are out with the Boys, and you know, the little video that it did was with looking back at some of the greatest Out with the Boys, from from Arnold to Clint east With to Steve McQueen's to Peter fonn and all that kind of stuff. It is sort of like the last trip out there with the boys, the bucket list, all the things we didn't get a chance to do, but also looking back to a time that we called the greatest of times in rock and roll.
Speaker 1: Absolutely now. The music that we're hearing on here again, the songs of White Lie and a lot of this stuff is music that we know. And in addition to that, like I said this out with the boys, if I want to buy this, I can buy this on vinyl. You're saying I can get it as an actual record, you can.
Speaker 2: Definitely buy I mean, all my albums, including all my soul aps, is released on violent And you know, it's one of those things that's so special about plenty of these shows. You know, most of my fans know that I greet them at the merchandise and stand after the show, signed their albums and things like that. And I love seeing people walking home with vinyl because to me, it's kind of saying I'm part of the old club.
Speaker 1: I love that. Thank you so much for taking the time to chat with us about this. I'm really excited to hear this new song we're going to play it here out with the boys, and again the entire album is available. It just came out, So this is this is brand new, the entire album songs of White Lion Volume two. And can I find this in like music stores or I haven't bought vinyl in a bit? Where do I go to buy a vinyl record these days?
Speaker 2: I'm sure you're going to go to one store that you can't find it, But if you're really high, you can always go to Mike Trampofficial dot com.
Speaker 1: I will throw a link to that to make it really easy. Mike, thank you so much for your time. Thank you also for making the music of my generation so wonderful. We absolutely love so many of the big hits you guys have, and like I said, we play them here on the radio as well, So thank you for that, and thank you for the time today. You're very welcome again Mike Tramp from White Lion. He's got a brand new album out right now, and that is something you should know. Something you should know. Something you should know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the Gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com.