Speaker 1: Welcome to the number one radio health talk show in America, The Doctor Bob Martin Show. Doctor Martin is a chiropractic physician, a board certified clinical nutritionist, and diplomat of the American Academy of Anti Aging Medicine. The information presented on this show is educational in nature. Please consult your personal healthcare provider regarding health issues. You may have got a health related problem or challenge, not feeling well, and you just don't know where to turner what to do. Doctor Bob Martin is here for you and will do his very best to answer your health question. The tone free number to ask Doctor Martin a health question or to make a health related comment is eight hundred six oh six eighty eight twenty two. Eight hundred six oh six eighty eight twenty two. That's eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two. It's the Doctor Bob Martin Shoe.
Speaker 2: Well. This happens to be a place, a special place where special like minded people gather each and every week to discuss issues and ask important questions related to our most precious possession. Of course, that's good health. I'm glad you decided to join us today. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome or welcome back to this hour of the Doctor Bob Marchin Show. We've got a lot to talk about this hour. Coming up a little bit later. We've got this week's installment of the Health Alternative of the Week, the Health Outrage of the Week. We've got a product recall to tell you about, and a top ten list that speaks to the healthiest states to live in in the US. The top ten healthiest States to live in. I'm wondering if the state you're living in is one on that list, So stick around and you will find out. We've got with us our executive producer and co host of the show, doctor Adam Brockman, is with us. Good day to you, Doctor Brockman.
Speaker 3: Hi, Doctor Bob, good day to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being here. I want to start off this hour before we go back to our telephone calls that are coming in asking health related questions or making health comments on the Doctor Bob Martin Show caller hotline number at eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two and the website where health questions also are available for our listeners. Over at doctor Bob dot com spelling out the word doctor doctor bob dot com where you can you can also write a health question to us that'll get to us and then we'll talk about it on the air. But before we get back to both of those, Doctor Brockman, I wanted to discuss this fascinating article that you brought to my attention about how people who are subscribers to Netflix, which is amazingly popular these days, and Hulu, their usage may trigger some major health problems. Now that stop me in my tracks because my daughter is a subscriber to Netflix, and I thought, well, who I need to tell her about this? If she is if it could be impacting her health, what do you have for us, Doctor Brockman.
Speaker 4: Regarding this, Doctor Bob, let's dive into this topic that many of us can relate to. It's the impact of binge watching our favorite shows in the impact that it has on our health. Yes, these thrilling cliffhanters and dramatic plot twists, they may be more than just entertaining. They might be affecting our well being. So recent studies have shown that watching intense or stressful shows can trigger our bodies fight or flight report response. This means that as you're glued to the screen, your heart rate spikes, your cortisol levels rise, in stress hormones flood your system. It's like your body is preparing for a showdown, even though you're just watching a show. This Doctor Gallagher explains that while turning off the TV can help bring those hormone levels back to normal, the lingering effects of these that dramatic content can make our minds think that we're in a state of stress. This constant activation of these stress response can lead to a host of health issues, including anxiety, depression, muscle tension, weight gain, and even problems with memory and focus. Now, let's talk about a broader impact of excessive television viewing on the mental health as well. While some shows can provide relaxation entertainment, over consumption of these shows can lead to sedentary behavior, reduce physical activity, in social isolation, all of which can negatively affect our mental health. Plus exposure to this distressing or violent contact, it ramps up our anxiety levels. Doctor Bob, So when I'm thinking about this, I'm thinking about what kind of ways can we change this? And I think the main one is we all know we need to limit our screen time. But other ways we can attack this physical activity, adequate sleep, social connections. Remember I just said about the social isolation. With this, make time to connect with friends and family, whether that's in person or virtually. How about this, spend time in nature the power of the great outdoors. Spending time in nature can have this a calming effect and significantly improve our moods. So take a break from the screen and enjoy a walk in the park. Balancing your diet diets that are rich in fruits, vegetables in Omega three fatty acids. These food support brain health and can enhance your mood. Think of as feeding your brain for the nutrients that it craves, even if you are watching these shows, and engage in hobbies that you find interest in active type of activities.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's interesting, doctor Bridman. Are there any numbers? I don't how many people. Is there like a number of prescribers that we know of? For Netflix? I know it's amazingly popular these days to subscribe to Netflix. You hear about it all the time and Hulu. You know, is this something that you use or you or your family is utilizing. As I mentioned, my daughter is a subscriber to Netflix, and I brought she's a nurse. I brought this to her attention, and she was also amazed by the information.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, our family uses it.
Speaker 4: I'm not necessarily a binge watcher myself, but but we definitely have a couple of the kids that they could they could sit.
Speaker 3: There for hours and watch something. You know, we do. We do keep an active lifestyle.
Speaker 4: So it's like, hey, after a little bit, go outside to do something that is is better than sitting in front of that screen.
Speaker 3: As far as numbers go, I don't. I don't have a number in front of me, but I would.
Speaker 4: I would venture to say it's probably it's got to be fifty percent of Americans. Fifty percent of adult Americans probably subscribe to one of these services, maybe multiple of these services.
Speaker 2: Wow, that seems like a big number. So what you're really saying is this is really dose dependent. It's just like anything else. It's the more you sit there and the more you binge and watch the boob tube as we call it, because that's where it's coming across, the worse off our state is because we're seeing these these images and those images bouncing into our psyche and filling us full of these thoughts of doom and gloom and all the other stuff that these producers of these movies and documentaries do, most of which is, you know, they're trying to keep us on the edge of our chair all the time, thrilling stuff to keep our brain rolling so that we don't yawn, fall asleep or leave the boob tube area. And you're saying that, I guess is that all that stimuli, when it becomes excessive, it sort of takes over and then suddenly we start living that stress because of those levels of stress hormones that are evoked in response to that visual stimuli. Do do I have that correct?
Speaker 1: Or?
Speaker 2: Am I way out of balance on this, Doctor Brockmann.
Speaker 4: You're right on You're right on target with that, doctor Bob. Remember it's all about balance. While it's okay to indulge in your favor favorite shows, being mindful of how they affect your health is key. You just mentioned there. By incorporating the strategies that I mentioned into your normal routine, you can help support your mental health and enjoy your downtime without the negative side effects.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there you have it, ladies and I'm on the key. The messaging here is that if you have a subscription to Netflix or Hulu or anything else that you enjoy, or a channel on the television that you like, and you go to that, it's all about how long, how much, and then what you do afterwards to sort of rebuke it if it is psychologically draining or has some high level anxiety content producing action to it. That's really what it's about, knowing and always keeping in mind that what you're doing there is you're just entertaining yourself. It's entertainment. What I think happens is people start living and stressing over what they're seeing, not realizing it's an extension of what they watched and it's not real. It's fake. It's make believe. And that's why it's so important to if you're going to do it, to take smaller doses of it, and then afterwards find healthy measures by which to reduce the effects of it, as doctor Brockman laid out, exercise, and then you know, just telling yourself, oh, that's not real, and telling your children if they're in the room, that's not real. This is all fake. This is acting, it's pretending, and you need to just utilize it in the manner in which it's designed to. All right, thanks for that, Doctor Brockman. Stay tuned, ladies and gentlemen. When we come back, we're going to have a health alternative of the week for you here on the Doctor Bob Martin Show.
Speaker 5: What's wrong with Ben?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with Ben?
Speaker 5: What's wrong within contentent A's fin's.
Speaker 2: It's time to get the team?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Healthy? Welcome or welcome back to this hour of the Doctor Bob Martin Show. Thank you for tuning into the show today, and a special thank you to our regular veteran listeners who tell everybody they know about this show so they too can benefit by the information that we bring to the table. We being a doctor. Adam Brockman is with us. He's the executive producer of the show and also the co host of the program. He's here with me and we are helping you with your most precious possession, your health. And before we get back to more of your phone calls that are coming in on our Doctor Bob Martin Show, caller hotline phone number which you should have and write down in case you have a health related issue, a health problem where you know somebody who does, and you want to call in on their behalf, write this number down one eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two, and when you call that number, you're gonna hear me answer the phone. I'll ask you to state your first name only, first name only, then your city and state, and then your health question or comment. Before you make that call, turn your radio down so it's not blaring in the background. One eight hundred six zero six eighty eight two two the website doctor Bob dot com spelling out the word doctor. All right. Coming up now is this week's installment of the Health Alternative of the Week. All Right, the health alter of the week. That means that something that you may want to consider utilizing for your health and wellness. That's an alternative to what you're currently using that may not be as healthy for you, or perhaps you don't even know about until you hear our special feature that doctor Adam Brockman is going to deliver right here, right now.
Speaker 4: This week, the health alternative of the Week is Bena roasted chickpeas. If you're looking for a nutritious and crunchy snack, Bena offers a delicious option that's perfect for satisfying your cravings without the guilt. Bena roasted chickpeas are not only tasty, but also packed with health benefits. They are a fantastic source of plant based protein and fiber, making them a great alternative traditional snacks like chips or cookies. With a variety of flavors available, Bena makes it easy to enjoy a healthy snack that fits your taste preferences. Health benefits include high in protein. Each serving of Bena roasted chickpeas provides a substantial amount of protein, helping to keep you full and satisfied. Rich in fiber, the fiber content supports digestive health and helps maintain steady blood sugar levels. They're low in calories compared to many conventional snacks. Bena roasted chickpeas or lower en calories, making them a smart choice for guilt free snacking. Bena offers a wide range of delicious flavors, including sea salt, honey, roasted, spicy, seracha, and barbecue. You can find Bena roasted chickpeas at most grocery stores, and if you're lucky enough to be near a Natural Grocer's. You can find them there or online at naturalgrocers dot com. They make for a convenient snack to keep at home, in your office, or on the go. This week, consider swapping out your usual snacks for bena roasted chickpeas. They're not only delicious and crunchy, but also nutritious alternative that to help support your health. Enjoy them straight from the bag, toss them in the salads, or use them as a crunchy topping on soups. Being a roasted chickpeas that is your health alternative of the week.
Speaker 2: Now, I want you for clarification. I'm already getting hungry here, doctor Brockoli, with your description, can you spell bena so that people know what they're looking for? Are chickpeas the same as garbonzo beans?
Speaker 4: Bena is spelled b i e na, and both the chickpeas and garbanza beans they are great, healthy, healthy alternatives.
Speaker 3: To things like chips.
Speaker 4: I think you can even find the beans as a roast adoption as well.
Speaker 2: I love them. I eat a lot of it, and they're packful, Ladies and gentlemen, packed full with not only nutrients, but fiber and when you have food that is satiating you. That's not these fake ultra processed foods and are nothing more than fluff and air and sugar and fat and salt which are designed to addict you. So you come back to the food over and over and the food manufacturer wins, but your body loses because you're not getting nutrients you need, just getting the calories that you're gaining weight with, you lose. So these health alternatives that we bring to you each and every week help to offset what you're currently doing as an alternative that's healthier to help protect your health. Thank you for that health alternative of the week for our listeners, Doctor Brockman. All right, now we're going to go back to your telephone calls first and then back over to the emails. The next caller is Grace calling in from the state of Florida.
Speaker 6: My name is Grace. I live in Florida and I have a mental illness. I'm an incredible amount of pain and I want to be put the slight. I want to die. I want to doctor assistant suicide or just help dying. Thank you, Bye, m.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a call, Doctor Brockman. We get it all here in the show. I feel so bad, Grace. I hope you are listening to the program, glad you called into the show. Feel terrible about your mindset right now. And doctor Brockman, I, I don't know if Grace is when she says I'm in pain, she is in physical pain, or she's in you know, a form of mental pain from depression or something like that, or a combination of the boat. She really didn't mention we don't have enough. We didn't have an opportunity to query her from that. But how would you console somebody? I mean know, it's I mean, it's it's so obviously, it's very complicated. I'm a big fan of talk therapy. I hope, I hope, I ray that Grace will seek out help and find the help that she needs and not take her beautiful, special life away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Grace, please please stay with us. We're gonna try to get your help right now. I'm really sorry you're feeling this way. Chronic pain can be debilitating, and you're not alone, and there are people who care about you and want to help. Please consider reaching out to a trusted friend, family member, or mental health professional right away. But we're gonna stay with us. We're gonna get try to get your help now. And for anyone listening, if you're an immediate danger or you need urgent support, please call a crisis hotline. In the US, you can call or text nine eight eight. That's nine to eight eight. It's a suicide in crisis lifeline. And if you're outside the United States, you can find a local crisis helplines at find a Helpline dot com. That's find a helpline dot com. And please, listeners, everyone, remember your valuable and your feelings matter. Please don't hesitate to seek support and grace. We'll be in touch with you after you get through this crisis, and we'll be there to help you along the way to help you manage your stress in your pain.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you for that, Doctor Brockman. Again, I want to give out our phone number here for anybody that's feeling some type of physical, emotional, mental distress or need help. That's what the doctor Bob Martin Shall Caller hotline is all about. It's a lifeline for you. If you're having some type of physical or psychological emotional malady, you need help, We're here for you and we'll do our best best, very best to help you out that number eight hundred six to zero six eight eight two to two is the caller hotline phone number one eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two. It's a nationwide number. And remember, the only bad health question is the one you're not asking, So do take advantage of it. Call in and tell doctor Brockman in Doctor Martin where it hurts one eight hundred and six zero six eight eight two to two. The website where you can also send in an email for help with a health related problem or to state a health comment which is fine, is over at doctor Bob dot com doctor Bob dot com, spelling out the word doctor doctor Bob dot com. Now we're going to return shortly here to your phone calls, your email related questions after we take a break and we come back with the health outrage of the week. Stay with us. You are tuned into the doctor Bob Martin Show. We'll be right back. It's not Fay mistakes, but everybody's got a choice to make. Everybody needs a leap of faith. When are you taking yours?
Speaker 1: Mone?
Speaker 6: Are you in fun?
Speaker 2: Hi? Welcome you back. We're welcome you for the first time to this hour of the Doctor Bob Martin Show. Thank you for tuning into the program today. Now coming up very shortly here, we're gonna have for you the health outrage of the week, and then return promptly to your phone calls that you keep calling in to the show. About many people all over the United States and even outside the United States, they access the Doctor Bob Martin Show Caller hotline phone number to ask a question about their personal health or to make a health related comment. That number eight hundred six zero six eight eight two to two eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two. Coming out very shortly here will be the health outrage of the week. Stay tuned for that. But first I want to remind you how important it is to keep consistent with and use the very best thing in your dental care that you possibly can. You know, sometimes we take brushing our teeth and flossing and all of that for granted and just go to the store and we just throw into the cart, you know, the one that we're familiar with in terms of toothpaste. It might be Crest, it might be Faoro brand, it might be Coldgate or one of those other brands that have been around forever. But when you check out the label on these toothpastes, these commercial toothpastes, or the mouthwash is, whether it be listerine or whatever it is, you start reading all these chemicals that are hard to pronounce, that are usually six or seven syllables long, and you think to yourself, Oh, oh, it's got something good in it. I guess I can't pronounce it. Don't know what it is. No, No, don't think that. Think that that's a chemical you don't need or want in your body. It's not of nature, it's not of man. It's synthetic. It's probably petrochemical. You don't want it. Switch over to what I did years and years ago, as well as my entire family and my colleagues who understand the research that's coming out about how important it is to keep your dental health in good check, because if you have any low grade simmering inflammatory process or low grade infection in your mouth, whether it be related to tooth deca or ginger vitis, or peridonal disease, or just bad breath or a coated tongue, all of that means that there's trouble in your oral cavity. Switch over to what I did called the Spry Spry Dental Defense system. It includes Spry toothpaste, Spry mouth rints. You can even get gum and mints that are Spry as well. And the reason for this is that the Sprie dental defense system has some secret sauce in it, which really is not a secret anymore because millions of people are now using the Sprie dental defense system. It comes in delicious flavors like peppermint and cinnamon and spearmint. The secret sauce is xylotol. Xylatol is used by millions of people and it's a plant based ingredient in the Spry toothpaste, in the mouthwash and the mints of the gum. And what it does is it tricks the bad bacteria which drills holes in your teeth, destroys your gums, and creates all that distress in your oral cavity your mouth and then leads you to problems which you need to have cleared up by the dentist or the hygienist or somebody else. So switch over to the Spride dental defense system. Say goodbye to cavity's plaque and bad news that you'll get the next time you're in the dental chair that you shouldn't get if you were using the Sprie dentdeal Defense system. Defense is available. It's CBS and Right Aid pharmacies, Target, Vitamin Chops, Sprouts, and all natural grocer stores. You can also find out more information about Spry Dental Defense s p r Y Dental Defense at clear dot com their website x L e R. The X in Clear stands for Xylotol Spray Dental defense. Stuff's incredible. The company is Clear. They're they're the makers of the Clear nasal sprays to keep your nose clean so that you don't get all those bugs going through there and creating colds, flus and everything else. All right, ladies and gentlemen, it is now time for this week's installment of the health Outrage of the week. She's you don't believe it. Come on each time for the health outrage because it's nothing Bud. It's big time outrageous. And this week's health outrage comes to you from none other than Bear b a yeer that am may be familiar. Bear Aspirin has been around for a Millionayears, the company Bear, I think it's a German company. They are currently facing get this now, one hundred and seventy seven thousand lawsuits over claims that it's herbicide because they're not just in the drug business Bear company B a yer, they're in the pesticide herbicide arena as well, or BIZ and they've got almost two hundred thousand lawsuits overclaims that the herbicide roundup may contribute to all of these cancers that are showing up everywhere, and now they're being sued as a result of it. So instead of, however, in addressing these concerns through transparency and accountability, the company Bear is now lobbying for legislation that would make it illegal to bring such lawsuits so long as their product complies with EPA labeling. Where have you heard this before, ladies and gentlemen, These big companies trying to change the law so that they're toxic products that were allowed into the marketplace. They can no longer be sued, they can be shielded from lawsuits even though they're causing cancer all over the place. They want the same privileges as the vaccine companies who said, hey, we've got a product that's safe and effective, but we never want to be sued what's wrong with this picture. They're taking a play right out of the playbook of the vaccine companies who want to also have teflon coding, if you will, against lawsuits in case a child becomes autistic as a result of taking vaccines, which I believe absolutely happens, or somebody dies, which absolutely happens, or somebody gets sick or has a neurological problem or has triggered an autoimmune condition. They don't want any lawsuits coming their way. To the vaccine companies, and now the pesticide and herbicide companies like Bear, who are in the business big time, they want to also be shielded from this. Of course, what I'm talking about here is glyphisate, which is the active ingredient in Roundup, and people have been spraying it. They're outside in their gardens spraying it on their vegetables and their fruit. They've got shorts on, so the glicosate glypha sate is hitting their skin and absorbing into their body. We know that glypha sate is cancer causing, and they probably know at Bayer that it's cancer causing, but they don't want these lawsuits coming their way, so they're trying to grease the sled, if you will, and pad the hand of the politicians so that they can change the laws to protect them. And to me, that's outrageous, and hopefully it'll be stopped in its tracks, not allowing Bayer Company to pull the woel over our eyes, just like the vaccine companies have about the dangers of vaccines and now the dangers of glyphosate and roundup. And that is why it qualified as the health outrage of the week, the health outrage of the week. All right, now we're finished with that, and when we come back from this break, we're going to have the product recall of the week, and then we're going to go promptly back to your phone calls at eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two one eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two, or the website for emails at doctor Bob dot com. So stay with us as we return here on the Doctor Bob Martin Show.
Speaker 5: S I'm a Bossom number Simoncible, the one never single days a power.
Speaker 2: Okay today, Well, we want you to be unstoppable. We want you to win every single day with respect to your health. And that's exactly why we do this nationwide radio health talk show. When I say we, I mean my executive producer and co host of the show, doctor Adam Brockman, is with us. I'm doctor Bob Martin. Welcomer, Welcome back to the program. Coming up very shortly, here will be the top ten healthiest states to live in. Let's see if your state is one of them. But before we get to that, let's ask doctor Adam Brockman to deliver the product recall of the week.
Speaker 4: Doctor Bob, the product recall of the week. We have an important alert that may affect many families, especially those with food allergies. This week, we're talking about the favorite Day Gourmet New York style cheesecake found in many targets throughout the country, which has been recalled due to mislabeling. The cheesecake contains but cons but the packaging fails to disclose that it contains these tree nuts. This is a serious concern, in particular for individuals with tree nut allergies.
Speaker 3: Doctor Bob.
Speaker 4: As a parent, I understand how alarming this can be. I have a son with a tree nut allergy, and we've seen firsthand how dangerous it is when he accidentally consumes tree nuts, so it's crucial for products to be accurately labeled as tree nuts are required to be listed by the US FUND Federal Drug In excuse me, the FDA. The recall was initiated on March twentieth after the manufacturer received a customer complaint about the mislabeling. If you or someone you know has purchased this cheesecake, it's essential.
Speaker 3: It's essential to check.
Speaker 4: Your pantry and avoid consuming it if you have a tree nut allergy. The product recall of the week is the favorite Dae Gourmet New York style cheesecake, found in many targets throughout the country.
Speaker 2: Any target stores. Okay, thank you for that, doctor Brockman. Now, ladies Jonas stand by. We're going to go in just a moment here to your phone call and email questions at eight hundred and six oh six eight eight two to two or doctor Bob dot com. But first, we have for you a top ten list of healthiest states to live. Let's see if you live in one of them. Here we go, all right, Based on data from organizations like America's Health Rankings and Forbes Advisors, we have for you the top ten healthiest states within the United States, starting with number ten. Rhode Island. Rhode Island is known for its strong healthcare system and its focus on public health initiatives. Number nine on the list. Washington, Washington state strong focus again public health and preventive care. Number eight on the list. Minnesota. It's often recognized for its healthy lifestyle habits low rates of chronic disease. Number seven. Utah, Utah is known for its low rates of obesity and heart disease. Number six on the list of top ten healthiest states within the US. Connecticut. Connecticut has a strong focus on public health and preventive care. Number five on the list. Vermont is known for having a high percentage of people who report their health is very good or excellent. Four on the list. Massachusetts is often praised for its strong health outcomes, particularly for women. Number three on the list of top ten healthy est states in the US. New Hampshire. New Hampshire is no for its low rates of diabetes and tobacco use. Number two in the list. Colorado, Colorado consistently ranks high due to its low obesity rates, high exercise participation, and good air quality, and the number one state on the Healthiest States list. In America is none other than Hawaii. Yes again, once again, Hawaii often cited as the healthiest state overall. Hawaii has a low prevalence of chronic disease and a high life expectancy. And I'm going to throw in here for the people who are thinking about this, Hawaii also has the lowest lowest rate of property tax. Yes, property tax is the lowest, the very lowest, in the state of Hawaii. So there you have it. The top ten healthiest states in America. Hope you live in one of them, and maybe you want to move to one of them now as a result of that list. All right, let's get back to work with your calls. And next up is Sam calling in from Chicago, Illinois.
Speaker 7: Hi, my name is Sam. I'm from Chicago. I am actually calling in in regards to a story you did I believe on h Mark Millick and an asteroid. I just wanted to share my experience with that. I used an asteroide that I got from Hymn's a couple of times, and for the past two years I've been dealing with very similar symptoms that were described in the story. For example, you know, cognitive difficulties. I've had you know, sexual problems. I've had changes to you know, my genitals. I've had issues with muscle loss, dry scalp. I mean I could, I could keep going, but uh yeah, for the past two years, I've been dealing with I'd say probably at least twenty separate symptoms that have not cleared up after using Finasteride. And again I only use it a couple of times. So I just wanted to share my experience and hopefully, hopefully you know, you're able to get this, and you know, maybe we'll save somebody else from having this this syndrome after coming off the drug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the drug Finestride also called Propecia. Folks, We're hearing more and more of this problem where these anybody can go on the internet now or order this stuff and start applying it, start taking this hair loss subblement finesteride propecia, and then the fallout for many men after starting it is completely disastrous, as you just heard. So if you're someone who's losing your hair and worried about it and saying, okay, I'll just take this in twice, we'll be right back. This is my son, take money, sne.
Speaker 8: Not that lisson, all right, doctor Bob Martin and doctor Adam Rockman back with you here.
Speaker 2: Thank you so very much for tuning into the show today. Wow, time has just flown by so quickly today. We hope that you have enjoyed today's program and you will take the opportunity to tell other people so they can tune into the show. And the way to do that is to listen to the radio station you're listening to right now. Jot down the call letters of the station, the frequency on the dial, whether it's an a MRFM station, the time of the day of the show is airing, and then refer to as many people as you can so they can listen in. And they'll thank you for that because they're going to learn something about their health, their most precious possession, and you'll be the hero of that. All right, it is time now, ladies and gentlemen, for this week's INSTALLMEDOV the Health Mystery of the Week, delivered by doctor Adam Brockman.
Speaker 4: It's time for our health Mystery of the Week, and today we're diving into a puzzling case that has captivated a small town nestled in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains over the past month. Several residents have unexpectedly fallen into deep, prolonged sleep that has lasted for days at a time. These episodes occur without warning, leaving those affected feeling confused upon awakening. What could be this strange phenomenon, this mystery of the week. It caused by a sudden onset of extreme fatigue and inability to be awakened by normal means, unresponsiveness, episodes that last between twenty four to seventy two hours, and no memory.
Speaker 3: Of these events.
Speaker 4: Let's take a look at some of these theories. Environmental factors. Is there a toxin or allergen in the air? Is there a psychosomatic response? What could be triggering this? Is there something that's happened to the area or an undiagnosed neurological disorder. Well, my theory is there's mold in them hills. My theory suggests that the mold could be causing a significant factor here. Falling, the heavy floods caused by hurricanes in North Carolina and Tennessee and Appalachian mountains and fall of last year twenty twenty four, the destruction of the homes and the bridges and everything that is falling down and has to be repaired, has increased the mold growth in these homes and buildings.
Speaker 3: That yes, the mold.
Speaker 4: And as this as everything's starting to bloom out here in the last month or so, this mold exposure can lead to a variety of health issues, including fatigue and respiratory problems, which could explain these sudden sleep episodes. Mold is the neurotoxin at play here. So as this as a mystery remains unsolved, I'm telling you that is what it is.
Speaker 3: It's mold.
Speaker 4: So doctor Bob, as investigation continues, this community is on high alert, eagerly awaiting answers to the enigma of the sudden sleepers.
Speaker 3: And this is your health mystery of the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very excellent advice and console there, because I think a lot of people deal with mold issues in their bathrooms at home, or they maybe hit their bathtub floods and he gets into the walls and they go, oh, we'll just dry it out. No, no, no, folks, if there's moisture there that mold can happen. Black mold can be very dangerous. Check it out, make sure somebody looks at that, and you fix the problem. Appreciate that. Doctor Adam Brockman talk to you next week. Ladies and gentlemen, making a healthy day in a healthy week. You've been tuned into the Doctor Bob Martin Show, Be Well.