Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Good afternoon, Denver and the rest of Colorado. Is Heidi ganal In for Dan Caplis. Dan maybe joining us, depending on how his workload is going.
Speaker 3: I think he's deposing somebody. Isn't that exciting. I'd like to know more about it.
Speaker 4: Well, I would want to be on the other end of that.
Speaker 3: No, me, neither me, neither Ryan and Ryan. It's great to be here with you.
Speaker 2: I love bantering back and forth with you, and boy do we have a lot to talk about today.
Speaker 3: I think I want to lead with some pretty exciting news.
Speaker 2: If you want Donald Trump to be elected president, and that is rumor is Robert Kennedy Junior is going to drop out of the race on Friday and endorse Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're hearing?
Speaker 4: It's what I'm hearing. It's what's being reported.
Speaker 5: And I got an email notification, Heidi from the Kennedy campaign announcing that press conference will be held in Phoenix, Arizona on Friday, and there's an interesting coincidence along those lines. Here's Fox News a little bit more. They were able to catch up with former President Trump in Ashborough, North Carolina while you.
Speaker 6: Were out on stage. There's reporting that RFK Junior is going to drop out of the race by the end of this week. Have you spoken to him in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: I haven't, but I respect him.
Speaker 7: I've respected him for a long time. I mean, I know where he's coming from and it's a little different philosophy. Very smart guy, however, and I had heard who was thinking about it for a period of time. But no, I have not heard this. What you're telling me.
Speaker 6: He's going to be in Arizona on Friday. Would you have him on stage with you at your rally?
Speaker 7: Well, I think I'm going to be there on Friday.
Speaker 4: We have a big crowd.
Speaker 7: I would always be honored to I mean, if he endorsed me, would I be honored by that?
Speaker 8: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's great news if you are interested in seeing Donald Trump as the next president. Ryan actually got to know Robert Kennedy Junior a bit when I was a regent at the Universe if Colorado, we held a debate on the moral case for fossil fuels between Bobby Kennedy Junior and Alex Epstein.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was awesome.
Speaker 2: We had a packed house, probably a thousand people showed up for it. It was part of a project called the Free to Be Coalition, where we were trying to model for young people how to debate in a productive and collaborative way, a feisty way, but still be civil to each other.
Speaker 3: And he was such a gentleman. We had such a good time.
Speaker 2: We got to spend a couple of days talking and chatting and getting to know each other a bit. Our team and him, and I was really impressed, and the conversation did veer off into vaccinations and our healthcare system and all of.
Speaker 3: Those other things.
Speaker 2: It's on YouTube still it's pretty fun to watch. But I think it would be wonderful to hear me out here to put him in charge of the CIA, who he thinks killed his father.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 5: Yes, there's definitely a cabinet post I think to be negotiated. And for Nicole Shanahan, I'm not sure she might have a role. You know, Trump administration as well, But this is all the Democrats own doing Heidi. They have made this mess for themselves, first by shutting him out. RFK a lifelong Democrat, his name is synonymous with the modern Democratic Party, with his uncle and his father of course, and his other uncle ted. But then also the treatment of both Kennedy and Shanahan by the DNC has been atrocious.
Speaker 4: They've been underhanded.
Speaker 5: Shanahan mentioned that they've been the driving force behind trying to get RFK removed from the New York ballot, and there's a lot of animates there. Whereas the RNC and Donald Trump, they have not waited into those waters. They have been respectful of the Kennedy Shanahan campaign and that might bear fruit on Friday.
Speaker 2: And I believe it's probably a two to three point offering that comes along with that. What do you think how much of a bump does he get if RFK Junior comes on board.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a zero sum.
Speaker 5: In other words, rfk's voters they might have been RFK or nobody at all, or RFK, but I was between RFK and Biden, or between RFK and Harris. There's no way I would ever vote for Trump. So RFK might have been their off ramp. However, especially in the upper Midwest states of Wisconsin and Michigan, what we've seen in the polling is that when it goes from head to head two candidates to the five and the other two being Cornell Wes jill Stein, we've seen Kennedy take slightly more away from Trump than from Harris in those two very important states Wisconsin Michigan. So to your point, I think I Kennedy drops out endorses Trump, it can only help Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: It will only galvanize that coalition.
Speaker 5: And I don't think there will be more that would defect over to Harris if they know the candidate they support, Robert F. Kennedy Junior is locksteup with Donald Trump and the rest of this race.
Speaker 2: Well, And another point, Ryan, does this help offset the bump that Kamala is going to get from the DNC and Obama's cheering.
Speaker 3: For I mean, that was a terrible I did not like that speech last night. I know a lot of people did, but I.
Speaker 2: Thought Michelle and Barack we're very disrespectful, very mean spirited, and did not did not at all want to bring people together or you know, bring unity among Americans with that speech, to those speeches.
Speaker 4: When they go low, we go hi.
Speaker 5: Michellez told us right now, I was telling Kelly, I thought Barack had lost his fastball a little bit. He wasn't kind of pitch perfect the way we were accustomed.
Speaker 4: To him being.
Speaker 5: You're right, I think he was petty in a way. I think there was that petty feel and notion to how they referenced Donald Trump. There was much more bashing of him than supporting or trying to define which needs to be done Kamala Harris and why she's the preferential alternative. I don't think you can run on Orange Man bad this time around. Maybe in twenty twenty that worked to a large extent because of the George Floyd thing and because of COVID. I don't think that's going to work this time around, not to the degree that they're going to need it to to push Kamala Harris across the finish line.
Speaker 2: Well, where was Kamala Harris last night? Why wasn't she there? I don't think Tim Waltz was there either, was he No?
Speaker 5: And the reporting from Jackie Heinrich of Fox News is there is a fissure, and it's sizable between Team Biden and Team Obama, with Kamala Harris kind of caught in between. So she figured as a sign of respect to Joe Biden, who was furious at the Obama still, and that's been reported by multiple sources. They did a little pit stop in I think Milwaukee. They were in Wisconsin, both Harris and Walls during the Obama speech. Is the reason given was that they did not want to disrespect Joe Biden and inflame those tensions by being present for the speeches by the Obama So, yeah, that's a party that's really unified right now.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I'm sure Harris is really worried about offending Joe Biden at this point. It doesn't seem like she gives a hoot.
Speaker 5: Well, it might be just for appearances, Heidi, You might be right on that front, that she's just trying to kind of hold this coalition together. I believe it is, you know, kind of borrowing from her phrase, you know, democracy.
Speaker 3: Is so strong and yet so fragile.
Speaker 5: I think the Democratic Party fragile right now, no matter what show they're putting on. And John Legend's going to sing tonight, and Bill Clinton's gonna be back and he's gonna speak tonight, and we know you can do that impression so well. But they're they're they're giving this show. But Heidi to me and maybe you agree, that's all it is. To me, it's a show. We know what's going on behind the scenes. This is not what you saw what you experienced at the RNC and Milwaukee. It's not even close.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was such an incredible experience. And I want to I want to talk about one more comment that Michelle makes before we go to break and it's clip number eight.
Speaker 3: If you can tee that up. Oh, this is vicious.
Speaker 2: And she has how many multimillion dollar homes? I think they have four crazy expensive homes around the country, one in Hawaii, one in Hampton's.
Speaker 3: I can't remember where the others are, but check this clip out.
Speaker 9: My mom, in her steady, quiet way, lived out that striving sense of hope every single day of her life. She believed that all children, all all people, have value, that anyone can succeed have given the opportunity. She and my father didn't aspire to be wealthy. In fact, they were suspicious of folks who took more than they needed. They understood that it wasn't enough for their kids to thrive if everyone else around us was drowning.
Speaker 2: I have to say, you know, I think capitalism and free markets are the number one way to turn around poverty.
Speaker 3: In the history of man. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: I mean, don't you don't bad mouth the way that we lift people up in America and that people want to strive for better. They want to do big things, they want to have nice houses.
Speaker 3: And I don't think it's all about money. I'm an entrepreneur.
Speaker 2: It was about creating something really cool and giving people jobs and creating a business that solved a problem. That's what I think the American dream is. And she's really disrespecting it there.
Speaker 4: Well, it just amuses me. You know.
Speaker 5: We saw it last night too, with the juxtaposition of Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 4: Reeling against billionaires.
Speaker 5: But he doesn't say millionaires anymore because he is a millionaire, because he made money through capitalism, through books that he wrote, through the grift that he was able to execute in the twenty sixteen to twenty twenty campaigns.
Speaker 4: These people are fraudulent, Heidi.
Speaker 5: I mean, to a large degree, they have made money off this system. By railing against that very system, and I don't know how they fool people, but they do.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 2: And when we come back, we're going to go to a break. We're going to have Manny Connell like from the DNC. How exciting is that going to be? And we're going to talk to Britta Horne later on with the call about the Colorader GOP situation. But we've got seventy five days to go to the election. So this is Heidi Ganal filling in for Dan Kaplis. We'll see after the break.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 10: Some breaking news into SCENEI writer, now, the job growth has been far weaker in the US and originally reported. That is according to new data just coming in this morning. Let's get right to see. That's Matt Egan. What's the headline, Matt Jim.
Speaker 11: Eight hundred and eighteen thousand fewer jobs were added during the period between April twenty twenty three and March of this year. We were bracing for these revisions to come out and show that job growth was weaker, and.
Speaker 4: That is what we got. This is probably on the high.
Speaker 11: End of the expectations. Some of the forecasters had been saying probably around a few hundred thousand jobs. Goldmen Sex had said maybe up to a million, So this is on the higher end. We're seeing some of the biggest revisions downward in sectors that include manufacturing, leisure and hospitality, professional and business services.
Speaker 2: Ryan, that is unbelievable, like that is a huge, huge issue.
Speaker 3: For the economy.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred and eighteen thousand jobs all in the private sector, and the worst part of it is that most of the jobs that have increased are government jobs in the past year or more, and that it's just a dead weight on the American economy.
Speaker 3: It's bad news. It's more government bureaucracy running our lives.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 5: And eight hundred and eighteen thousand, I mean, that's no drop on the bucket that totally changes the narrative or the perception of what this Biden economy has done or pretended to do, or they've tried to champion that it does. At the DNC this week, adding on to your point about them being government jobs the ones that have grown, that is true, but there's also talk that jobs for illegals are a big part of any number that Joe Biden might put out there, because they're coming across the border, they're not being vetted, they're not being paid as much as an American citizen would have to be paid, and that is kind of the path at least resistance now for a lot of people that might be hiring out there.
Speaker 2: And speaking of illegals, I saw that our least favorite governor, Gavin Newsom, Well maybe poll Us is up there, but in California, the State Senate Committee has approved illegal immigrants having zero down payment and zero interest on new homes, and it looks like it's going to fly through and get signed by Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you were trying to ruin California, what would you be doing differently than Gavin Newsom right now?
Speaker 3: Not a darn thing. And unfortunately Polus.
Speaker 2: Is following his lead and doing most of it here in Colorado. Talk about bureaucracy, one of the things that I talked a lot about on the governors in the governor's race was the growth of bureaucracy here in Colorado and the size of government. And for pretending to be a libertarian, freedom loving guy, I think he's done exactly the opposite. Back a couple of years ago, he'd grown the government by a third or fourth, I guess it was. It's probably a third by now, but nothing good comes of growing our government bureaucracy by that much and just letting the free market do its thing and let private jobs, the private sector take care of a lot of what the government can do very inefficiently.
Speaker 5: I think one of the greatest ruses I've seen in America politics, Heidi was in your race and for Jared Polis to be presented as what you just described a libertarian and name only, he's a Lino. I mean, this guy is not in any way shape manner form libertarian. Like you said, bigger government, that's not libertarian principles. And then during COVID, if you had libertarian principles, you're not telling people to wear a damn mask, or calling them selfish bastards, or trying to shut down churches while pot shops stay open.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's so many things you can point to.
Speaker 5: Jared Paulus tries to pull off this charade, and he goes on Fox News, He'll be speaking tonight at the DNC, and I'll be curious to see what he says. But what he says in what he does are two very different things. And we've seen that play out here in Colorado, and boy has it changed our state. I'm just I get so heartsick when I see what's happening with crime and fentanyl.
Speaker 2: We're sponsoring as showing up in Fort Morgan of Devastated, the movie about fentanyl right this weekend. And it's a really important issue to keep on the front lines of our conversations about our state and what's happening. And it ties directly to the border and what's happening with illegal immigration.
Speaker 3: In the city of Denver.
Speaker 2: We've talked about the Venezuelan gang problem here that Kyle Clark and his buddies.
Speaker 3: Don't want to admit.
Speaker 2: But our lovely Aurora City Councilwoman Danielle Zirinsky is keeping everyone on their toes and keeping the truth out there about what's happening with that.
Speaker 3: Brian. We've got seventy five.
Speaker 2: Days to go until the election, the really, really and I'm not going to say the most important election ever, but I'm going to say it's a really important election for this country and for the future of America. And we've got two really congressional races here in Colorado. You know CD four, Lauren's gonna knock it out of the park.
Speaker 3: Sh'll win that.
Speaker 2: Jeff crank down in CD five, he's he's pretty much a lock.
Speaker 3: He's a good guy. He'll do a really good job and represent us well.
Speaker 2: But we've got CD eight, which gave Evans is running against Yadire Caraveo, and she didn't even bother to go to the DNC.
Speaker 5: Oh No, she's stayed far far away from Chicago. Like three senators are also doing. Senator John Tester from Montana, who's probably going to lose, Senator Jackie Rosen Nevada, isn't about self? And Senator Shared Brown, Ohio. None of them going to the DNC. Why not, Heidi? Why not?
Speaker 2: It's such a it's such a good representation of the party and their principles.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't they want to be a.
Speaker 4: Part of it? Think, yeah, be proud right well?
Speaker 2: And Ya Darro also voted with Republicans to condemn what's happening at the border.
Speaker 3: What was that a month ago?
Speaker 4: This is sheer desperation.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you brought that up, Heidi, because I had that conversation with Gabe Evans.
Speaker 4: I think he senses.
Speaker 5: Politically now, I want to make sure we're always figurative that there's blood in the water, that there's a reason why she is panicking. She's not going to the DNC. She voted Republicans, like you said, on that issue. She knows she's in trouble in CD eight. And Gabe Evans is a spectacular young candidate, up and coming Republican here in Colorado.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you what, Ryan, he needs money to get the job done. I mean, we're up against millions and millions of dollars that are going to They're going to drop ads attacking Gabe the minute the balance drop.
Speaker 3: So I know Gabe.
Speaker 2: Knows that's coming, but he needs all the help he can get, and I just I strongly suggests people get behind Gabe.
Speaker 3: Also, also, we've got to help.
Speaker 2: Jeff Hurd in Congressional District three, which is Pueblo, the western slope up to Grand Junction.
Speaker 3: Could not be more important to protect that seat.
Speaker 2: Especially if Donald Trump gets elected and he doesn't have the House with him, it's going to be bad times. It's going to be a bad four years.
Speaker 5: That'd be a bad two years for sure, because we know the first thing that the House is going to do under a speaker a keen Jefferies, which that's what we'd be looking at, is probably going to be trying to in some way impeach Donald Trump or try to remove him from office, try to obstruct him and his agenda. There's only one clear path I think here, heiding. I believe it's an achievable one, and that is Donald Trump wins the Republicans take the Senate, which I think is very likely because West Virginia is going to flip and Montana looks like Tim Sheety's going to win that. Right, there is the ballgame in the Senate. The House is a murcier deal. It's harder to predict. Like you said, you know, the eighth district here in Colorado is a literal coin flip, and the third is tough Adam Frish, He's got a lot of money behind him. He nearly upset Lauren Bobert in the last election time around. So you're right, these are very important congressional races here in our state.
Speaker 3: Well, one thing we could talk to Britta Horn about.
Speaker 2: She lives in Route County, so she understands kind of the western slope the attitude of the voters there. And one thing I'm hearing from the groups that we help out on the Road to Red Project is that there's a big split with the Ron Hanks and Stephen Varilla folks that supported them in the primary and Jeff Herds folks. And I'm really really concerned that we're not going to show up to vote.
Speaker 3: Republicans aren't going to show up to vote because.
Speaker 2: They didn't get their candidate, and it's going to be bad news.
Speaker 3: We need ninety nine to.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent of Republicans to show up in that district to vote, to donate to work for Jeff Heard's campaign, to help him go up against the Hollywood money. This is Heidigan All. I'm filling in for Dan Kaplis. Hopefully Dan's going to be able to join us by the end of the show. Looking forward to having Andy Connell on the show right after this to hear about what's up at the Crazy DNC.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Capless Show podcast.
Speaker 2: This is Heidi Gall filling in for Dan Capless, and I'm really excited to get some inside scoop from our friend Mandy Connall. Ryan, are you excited to hear the infamous Mandy Connall tell us about the DNC scupamous.
Speaker 4: She's at an infamous site, that's for sure, Mandy.
Speaker 3: It's so good to talk to you.
Speaker 12: I am here in the middle of the madness. Today is the first day that it has just like the media area where I am right now has.
Speaker 8: Exploded with people.
Speaker 12: And behind me, I've got Stacy Abram's doing an interview, and then behind her we have Charlemagne the Gods Show getting ready to tape an episode or a podcast. He's getting ready to tape the podcast and people are milling about.
Speaker 8: It is insanity in here today.
Speaker 12: And honestly, this is the first day that it's been this busy, and it's crazy in here.
Speaker 3: Today, Mandy. Why do you think are people just getting there?
Speaker 9: Is?
Speaker 3: I mean, they didn't show up for the Obamas last night, so.
Speaker 8: That's kind of what I was thinking to Heidi.
Speaker 12: I'm not gonna lie, but I think a lot of people made their plans before the speaker schedule was announced, and I don't think anybody really thought that they would put Bill Clinton tonight and not the Obama's you know what I mean, I don't, I don't. I don't think anybody really thought that was gonna happen.
Speaker 8: But that's what we have.
Speaker 12: Tonight is kind of a night from what I've seen so far, and they've not released the final speaker schedule, but it has Nancy Pelosi, it has Pete boodhage Edge, it has Bill Clinton, it has uh, you know, kind of the old guard and some of the rising stars coming up tonight. So it's gonna be very interesting to see what kind of message they bring to the table, because last night the message was all about painting a vision of the future, but only if Donald Trump was elected president.
Speaker 8: It was going to be a horrible, horrible and tonight it's supposed to be about freedom.
Speaker 12: So in irony of ironies, they seem to be just taking all the Republican talking points and adopting them as their own.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, freedom, give me a break. Maybe we had a great time at the RNC convention. You were there, I was there, my dad was there. You had us on the show. Is such such a great time. What is the difference, Like, what's the difference in the vibe and the speakers, in the in the setup, the.
Speaker 8: Setup is actually I kind of like it.
Speaker 12: Better and worse. And hear me out inside the United Center. The setup is pretty spectacular. This is a much bigger venue than the one that we had in Milwaukee, so there's a lot more space and we didn't have to be in a separate building like we did in Milwaukee. But I'm keeping score of what you know, and contrasting the two conventions and whereas the RNC, I think, in my opinion, and maybe they were singing my song, so that's why I like them better. I loved the everyday people that were mixed into the conversation and the speeches. Here it's politicians, it's union leaders, it's people that are in charge rather than kind of normal people. And I thought that was really effective at the RNC, and I kind of thought that the DNC would adopt that, right, like, bring a little more of that into this, But so far it is like heavy hitter politician, heavy hitter politician, union leader, you know, maybe a random influencer here or there.
Speaker 8: So the speaker wise, I have not.
Speaker 12: Been that impressed with kind of the filler speakers, but the main speakers. I mean, come on, you've got three former presidents speaking at this event. Well, okay, one's not a former, but he feels like a former he's still in office. I mean, those are some heavy hitters. Like, regardless of your party, you're like, dang, they got three. But overall, I feel like the speakers at the RNC did a better job of communicating division of the Republican Party to a normal person. Right, We're hearing a lot about normal people here, but we're not necessarily seeing a lot of normal people on stage.
Speaker 8: But boy, there's a lot of normal people here in the crowd for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, Manny, how many people are taking up their offer to do abortions and vasectomies out in that trailer out front.
Speaker 3: That is just bizarre.
Speaker 12: I think that is the most morbid and gross and discussing thing I've ever heard. I thought it was a joke when it was mentioned, but as of yesterday, I guess there'd been like thirty people to take them up on an offer of either a medical abortion or.
Speaker 8: Of a sectimy.
Speaker 12: And I'm thinking to myself, like, this is like getting a tattoo on spring break, you know, except you can remove a tattoo. And I think this is just like incredibly bad decision making all the way across the board.
Speaker 8: This is just gross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's terrific.
Speaker 2: Maybe what about RFK Junior dropping out and potentially endorsing Trump.
Speaker 3: Is anybody talking about that today? Is there a buzz.
Speaker 12: Yeah, among the media, among the media. You know, we were in the media Gaggo earlier and a lot of people in the media were talking about it, kind of starting to analyze whether that is a positive that they need to worry about for Trump. I'm not sure, and I don't know if you talked about this earlier, but I'm not sure how much of a positive it is because I think a lot of RFK Junior's people went to him because they did not like either choice. So I'm not sure how much of that, If there is an endorsement, how much of an impact that has. But if we're talking about small margins in swing states, they could have a big effec where We're gonna have to wait and see what happens on Friday, I guess is when this announcement was happening, and see what that means going forward.
Speaker 2: So maybe you've had a chance to talk to some of the Colorado delegation, Hick and Looper Polis. I'm not sure who else you spoke which I think you spoke to Bennett, But how's that going.
Speaker 3: What's their role there?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm just going to be honest.
Speaker 12: I think that Governor Jared Poulis, it was like the pain on his face having to talk.
Speaker 8: To me was obvious.
Speaker 12: But he's going to He's speaking tonight and he said, I said, well, what are you going to talk about it? He said, well, I'm gonna endorse Harris and Walls and I was like, okay, we all know you're going to do that. He was very tight lipped about what he's actually going to talk about. But word on the street is that immigration is going to be a topic of conversation tonight and that they're going to be talking about voter security. And that's a little frustrating for me because I think that Mitch McConnell trying to kind of background deal that was never going to get passed has really given the Democrats a strong talking point for maybe less educated voters who don't know about HR two and god knows, the media won't cover HR two and the fact that it was passed well before anything else and the Senate just refused to take it up. So I think that's an attack point that's going to work. I'm interested to see how they kind of co opt that argument tonight during these speeches.
Speaker 2: What about our two senators Hickenlooper and Bennett, what's their role there.
Speaker 12: I actually had a lovely chat with both of them, surprisingly good. John Hickenlooper is out there talking about working across the aisle and saying, look, we've all got to recognize that to make good policy, we may not get that, we all may not get what we want right. But he was genuine. This is something he's been talking about for a long time. I don't know how much poll he has in the US Senate to make it happen, but it was kind of a refreshing conversation.
Speaker 8: I did point out that, you know, maybe the issue is.
Speaker 12: That it seems like democrats solution is always more government. And then Michael Bennett said we need a new agency to manage technology.
Speaker 8: I'm like, no, no more agencies.
Speaker 12: He then asked me what agency we could get rid of in exchange it. I immediately said the IRS, and he did not take me up on it.
Speaker 3: Oh, that would be fine, or the Department of Education. I think we can do better.
Speaker 12: Yeah exactly, but yeah, they're just glad handing right now. They're just here supporting the team. Neither of them is speaking. Obviously, we are no longer a swing state, so their role at the conventions is greatly reduced as people who are either rising stars in the party or from swing states are really getting the bulk of the time. Right now, Corey Booker is speaking from New Jersey, often considered to be a rising star, so he just finished up his comments. Hopefully they can stay on track tonight and be on time.
Speaker 2: Well, I have a really important question. How's the food?
Speaker 12: Oh my god, Heidi Aaron Knight are having a culinary adventure around Chicago.
Speaker 8: So it's gone like this, Okay.
Speaker 12: We started the first night we found a place Carsons, ribs and stakes and went there and it was incredible. And then the night after that we went and got thin crushed Chicago pizza because Aaron and I like the thin crest better than the deep dish. I realized that's blasphemy for some people, but Chicago thin crust people is magic. And I had a pizza I'm gonna dream about. I'm going to have dreams about it. It's gonna haunt me. And then last night we had Italian beef, the big sandwiches. We just had a Chicago dog to hold us over, and tonight we're going to a steakhouse.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Okay, what do you think for a dessert? What's topping all this up?
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 12: I skipped dessert because you know, I'm trying to watch my girlish figure. But Aaron had a delicious brownie Sunday the other night that I then commandeered.
Speaker 8: A couple bites of.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 8: So we're thoroughly enjoying Chicago.
Speaker 12: And tomorrow we've got a shorter show because baseball cramps is So we're going to go see the Bean and the Navy Pier and do a little sight seeing while we can before we come home on Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Well, we're so glad you're there representing and giving us a different perspective than CNN and all of the liberal media, and just have an incredible time.
Speaker 5: Eat.
Speaker 3: I don't know what i'd like. A hot dog. I guess it's Chicago hot dog would be my favorite.
Speaker 8: Gir Well, I just had one that was like a magic It was magic in my mouth. It was so delicious.
Speaker 3: Thanks Mandy.
Speaker 2: Will you have a great time and we will catch it later and look forward to hearing lots of great stories when you get back in town.
Speaker 8: All right, Thanks, Hi, you talked to you soon.
Speaker 2: All right, This is Heidigan All filling in for Dan Kaplis. Hopefully Dan can join us before the end of the show. But lots more to talk about, including having my friend Britta Horn on to talk about the drama here in Colorado with the GOP.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 10: Miss Harris pitches are twenty eight percent rate is merely punishing big companies.
Speaker 4: But economists of all.
Speaker 10: Strikes agree that US workers pay for higher corporate taxes in lower wages, and I would argue also in higher prices because it's passed on to them.
Speaker 4: Past commed.
Speaker 13: Well, again, I disagree with the frame of she's not trying to punish big companies. I think Democrats and Kamala Harris we love big, small, you name it. I mean companies are providing valuable services to the American people should be able to succeed. Look, originally, Kamala Harris's position before had been let the Trump tax cuts expire. She's coming to the center and moderations.
Speaker 4: She's now saying, let's keep some of.
Speaker 13: Those tax cuts and actually double down and expand them for the middle class. If the tax cuts expired for corporations, we would go to thirty four percent. Years ago, she had said she's for that. She's now really come to the center pro growth. She said, you know what, We're going to keep some of those tax cuts and we're going to double down and do more.
Speaker 2: Jared, communism is not moderate. Communism is not the center. I know you like to make people think it is. And that's how you govern by growing government here in Colorado and driving up property taxes and making us a sanctuary state, and mandating vaccines and destroying the oil and gas industry and agriculture and hunting in our Second Amendment rights.
Speaker 3: That is nothing about that is moderate.
Speaker 2: And I can see why you like Kamala's communism approach because you do it just with a smile on your face and by faking out the voters here. So that just peeves me, peeves me.
Speaker 3: Ryan to hear that.
Speaker 5: Clip, well, it confuses me too, because here's the rest of it. And the Fox News crew were just as confused as I was, Like, where is he getting this information about Kamala Harris's policy plans.
Speaker 2: It's given us more detail than she has.
Speaker 4: Well, that's why I got it from her website.
Speaker 13: So that's those are those are her points and we're talking about them here absolutely the plan from last week.
Speaker 4: So checking it this morning, you couldn't find it last week. Thank you here to see good to see it. So first he says that he got it from her website.
Speaker 5: There's nothing on her website other than meet Tim Walls and meet Kamala Harris and give us money.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: There's two biographies and there's a donation button.
Speaker 4: That's it. I've been to the website many times. There's no policies.
Speaker 5: So then he referred to it, Oh, I meant her policy statement last friday, So which one is it's Heidi?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. Okay.
Speaker 2: We're so sure that there's not anything on her website that Trump's campaign actually launched a website for her today.
Speaker 3: Did you see this? That's amazing a policy website.
Speaker 2: It details all of her policies since she wouldn't do it go it's called it's Kamala twenty twenty four policies dot com. Kamala twenty twenty four policies dot com. We're gonna have to check it out on a break and come up with some real well it's good stuff on there.
Speaker 5: This fits in you've run campaign's Heidi, And if Jared Poulis had decided to run and hide, which he did a little bit, but let's say entirely didn't have any policies for whatever reason, then I think it would be incumbent upon you as his challenging Go okay, then I'm going to define your policies based on things that you've said, things that are on video, things that we know that you've stood for, and go ahead and define her for her and beat her to the punch.
Speaker 4: I think that's genius what you just referenced there.
Speaker 2: Well, and I like to call Jared Poulis our gaslight governor, and he's trying to teach Kamala.
Speaker 3: His wiie ways. Oh ah, that's terrible. I mean, it could have been worse.
Speaker 2: He could have been the vice president candidate, but then he wouldn't be in Colorado, which is I guess better in a way.
Speaker 3: But good lord, oh, the world has gone mad.
Speaker 2: But it is a lot of fun to hear me talk about the DNC after we were there together at the RNC and see the shifts, and I agree with her. One of my favorite things was all the everyday Americans said they called them that were on stage, and the stories and the tears, the laughs. I mean, it was just incredible to hear from these Americans.
Speaker 3: My favorite one was the World War Two veteran. Yeah, I think he was ninety eight.
Speaker 4: Right up there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when.
Speaker 2: He said if Donald Trump gets elected, I will reenlist.
Speaker 4: That was right, and I believe him.
Speaker 3: That was amazing.
Speaker 4: Well, and there's two now.
Speaker 5: Mandy's been to both, and I talked to her earlier about this, but there's such a lack in my view, Heidi, and I know I'm biased, I'll readily admit that, but truthfully, in genuine authenticity and enthusiasm, I think there's the sugar high continues into the convention. They're not really that excited about Kamala other than she's not Joe Biden. You've got all these speakers coming in getting out. Biden's no longer there. The Obamas have left, you know, they haven't coalesced the way that you saw a first hand at the Republican Convention right after Donald Trump had been shot.
Speaker 4: The unity on that floor was real.
Speaker 5: Everybody stayed for every speaker in all four days. You mentioned that the common men and women who spoke, and they were so powerful.
Speaker 4: Just a totally different feel of that convention in my view.
Speaker 3: Well, it says it all, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: I mean Trump is the candidate for the everyday people of America, and I think we're going.
Speaker 3: To see that at the ballot box.
Speaker 2: I mean, Dan has been very optimistic about Trump's chances, and he's gotten me turned around a little bit. I was a little sad, feel a little down, but I'm feeling better. I think the RFK Junior thing. I know, Manny wasn't sure how it's going to play out. I think it's going to be a good two to three point bump for him in these swing states. Did you happen to see I don't know if you watched Tucker Carlson's podcast, but he did an interview with two with a doctor from a Stanford educated doctor and her brother who was a lobbyist for FIRMA.
Speaker 3: I think it was last week. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: I know what you're about. I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, best two and a half hours I've spent listening to anything in a long time about the food industry, the pharmaceutical industry. She basically bailed on her Stanford education as a surgeon and went to bat for everyday Americans and what's happening in our food supply. And the reason I bring this up is because it's one I think it's one of the most watched podcast Tucker's ever had, and it's exactly what RFK Junior talks about, and that's his connection to suburban women.
Speaker 3: To moms.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited to see how this plays out. I think it's going to be a huge bump. This is Heidiganal. I'm filling in for Dan Kaplis. We'll be back after the break to talk about the Colorado GOP drama