Speaker 1: Here's your Channel nine first warning weather forecast. And have a cloudy, humid day today with storms likely this afternoon, high seventy two, sixty degrees overnight with a chance of rain. It's going to be cloudy with scattered afternoon storms tomorrow with the highest seventy six overnight sixty two in small chance of rain, and a hot Thursday with a high of eighty four and some clouds sixty five degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update from Chuck.
Speaker 2: Ingram from the U see Hout Traffic Center. You see health hands expert trauma care focusing non prevention, treating injuries and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more. You see howth dot com northbound seventy one crews continue to work with an accident above two seventy five. They're on the right shoulder southbound seventy five. You could add an extra five through Lachlan in getting closer to a ten minute delay. Northbound seventy five out of Erlinger into downtown.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 1: Okay seven thirty here fifty five kr CV talk station. They are very happy Tuesday to you.
Speaker 3: You know me.
Speaker 1: I love helping out the American veterans and well also enjoy getting folks on that are helping out the American veterans. And today we have Dan Claire from the DAV about the Patriot Boot Camp. Dan, welcome back to the program. It's good to hear from you today.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, Brian, thanks for having us back again.
Speaker 1: Always enjoy hearing from you, and I appreciate what you're doing for the American veterano. Remind my listeners about what you do at the DAV.
Speaker 3: Sure DAV is nationally headquartered right here in the Try say. We're an erlanger. We help veterans get their benefits, we help them connect with jobs, and this week we're going to be helping them become entrepreneurs.
Speaker 1: How do you go about doing that? I'm sorry, Dan, I lack the entrepreneurial spirit. I've been at W two employee my entire life, and I'm always in awe of folks who are able to They're like, you know what, I've got an idea, I'm going to start my own business, and they actually get it accomplished. I have the most utmost respect for those because I just I just don't have it in me. You know, I do too.
Speaker 3: It takes a lot of guts. I mean, just by definition, if you're an entrepreneur, you're doing something that is inherently risky. But these veterans are up to it, you know. And what we're trying to do is give them some of the building blocks. A lot of these folks during the prime years that they would have been entrepreneurs, they were serving their country. So we want to help them give them access to great instruction, mentors, and a network that's going to be there to help them as they pursue their ventures.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what's going to take place at the event and give us all the details on that.
Speaker 3: Sure, Well, we kick off on Wednesday morning, tomorrow morning, bright and early. We're going to start and we will actually have Robert Irvine from Food Networks Restaurant Impossible speaking and he'll be a mentor and participating in the event. We're really excited about that. We're going to talk about marketing, pitching, legal, We're going to have a big deployer legal shield presentation. We're going to talk about funding and wellness. All tomorrow the event keeps going, We're going to talk about government contracting, mergers and acquisitions. And then we're going to do something on Thursday that's really unique and that we really rely on the community here in northern Kentucky and Cincinnati on and that's mentor matching. Every one of these veterans is going to get matched up with local business leaders and some national business leaders who are traveling in. They're donating their time, about four hours of their time to meet with eight veterans and help them, you know, just walk through what they're going through and maybe help some of these veterans avoid some of the mistakes that those CEOs that those legal folks have seen happen to other people or happen to themselves over the years.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the value of having people that have been down that road don't make the mistakes that they made. They went through it and had to get themselves out of the challenges, and so they have great ways of explaining, oh, by the way, don't do this because this is going to happen to you. That's valuable real life experience. Is this taking place at a venue.
Speaker 3: It's actually at dav's national headquarters here Hurling are off Doulwick Drive. So we're hosting it here again and we'll be back in October for another event. We got the space, we got the facility, and we might as well use it to make sure that we're taking care of these veterans here.
Speaker 1: Oh amen to that. Now, I understand you've got a bit of a shark tank competition going on.
Speaker 3: There, absolutely ten thousand dollars in nondoluted capital to the winner. We're going to out of our cohort. We're going to have about eighty veterans participating, we expect, and the top three will share in ten thousand dollars in nondoluted funding to help their businesses. And it's nice to give them a little bit of a boost. T Mobile sponsors that. But it's also very nice for us because it teaches the rest of the class through questions, through seeing someone else do it, kind of seeing someone put on the spot. It helps them prepare for the pitches they're going to have to make if they want to succeed in business.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean, obviously this is recommended for veterans out there who have a business model or an idea in mind, or maybe someone who's already started off down that road and maybe need some assistance with dealing with some of the challenges. It wants to learn from folks who have been down the road with their current entrepreneurial endeavor. But what about folks who are veterans who think, hmmm, maybe I could be an entrepreneur. I just don't have anything in mind right now. Would they benefit at all from being at this event.
Speaker 3: Well, we're looking primarily for veterans who have taken some serious steps towards their entrepreneurship, but we do offer other resources and the community is there to help other folks who are like in that seed stage where they just have an idea. They're an ideation mode, and we want to help them out, and we also connect them with SBA and other resources, other people who are out there helping them so that they can get to that point where they're ready to take on something like the av Patriot boot Camp.
Speaker 1: All right, so for all the details, it's Patriot Bootcamp dot org. Have I got that right?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Thank you, no problem. Well, they're going to want to know hearing something about like an event like this, with all the resources are going to be available, why not take them up on it? It's there for your benefit, my veteran friends, and entrepreneurial veteran friends Patriot Bootcamp dot org. And again the kickoff time tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow morning, we kick off at eight am.
Speaker 1: Eight am. That's a sleep in for veterans, right, yah, we call.
Speaker 3: It boot camp, but eight am is a pretty late starting terms.
Speaker 1: In those terms, it is for the American veteran who's used to the bugle. Yes, indeed, Well, I appreciate you joining the program, and I thank you for the opportunity to spread the information of my veteran friends out there. Dan Claire Communications Outreach ofvis for for dav the resources are there for you, my veteran friends who take advantage of them. Thanks for doing the program, Dan, it's a great idea.
Speaker 3: Thanks your constant sources support for us, and we really appreciate what you do for us.
Speaker 1: I am blessed to be in this position to be able to spread the news, my friend, and happy to do it. Thank you for your service for our country, my friend. It's seven thirty six right now, folks, So I hope you can stick around. Got more to talk about. I will be taking phone calls too, if you'd like to call, I'd love to hear from you. But first I want to mention affordable medical imaging because I want everybody to save thousands of dollars. Don't go to the hospital and get your images echo cardigram CT scans, MRIs, ultrasounds. They are a boatload of money at the hospital. They got tons of overhead, but they also like the fat bank the profit that comes from the hospital imaging center, because most people don't know about affordable imaging services where that echo cardiogram will get you right in to do it no waytime. It's five hundred dollars without an enhancement. Eight hundred with that price comes with a board certified radiologists report, where you would pay probably thirty five hundred dollars if not more at the hospital five hundred without an enhancement, eight hundred with these prices never cease to amaze me. I'm doing commercials for affordable imaging services for a long time now, and every time I see the stark contrast between the two and the fact that I've been there, I mean, I've gotten several CT scans from affordable imaging services where it's four point fifty without a contrast six hundred with a contrast, it could be five thousand dollars, same kind of equipment. Medical professionals who've been doing this for decades never had a problem with my doctor looking at the at the image and the radiologists report, So why pay more? You got a choice. Exercise it five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand. It's low overhead, but it's massive savings. Online. You can learn more at Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.