Speaker 1: Thanks for checking out the Initials Game Podcast. Don't forget. You can get the home game version of Initials at Initials Game dot Com. Versions four and five available. You can get autographed versions, t shirts and more at Initials Game dot com. And you can get information about Initials Game Live at Initials Game live dot com. You can play Initials all over town, bars, breweries, restaurants. Find out the locations and times at Initials Game live dot com. Again, thanks for checking out the Initials Game podcast. All Things Initials available at Initials Game dot com.
Speaker 2: It's a purple Friday on the Fan and we want to send you to Sunday's game. Head over to our contest page and click on our Vikings Versus Packers contest and you enter keyword scull. It's skol for your chance to win a pair of tickets. Heyfan dot com slash contest find the Vikings Packers contest here.
Speaker 1: School Oh man.
Speaker 3: It's one of my favorite traditions now on the Power TEP Morning Show on Fridays is when we have guests in that I have not watched the entire group do smelling salts to get ready for the game.
Speaker 1: Just goes down.
Speaker 3: What is happening because Chris just walked in and just shoved the smelling salt basically halfway up of Marnie's nose.
Speaker 4: You guys didn't want to hit I would have done it, but I didn't have time to google. Can you do smelling salts and cocaine at the same time? Because I am all right?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Shall we let's done it?
Speaker 2: Time for initial Scheme five point fifty four on the Power Trip presented by Hurlbert.
Speaker 3: Heating and Plumbing hurls. Hurlbert is the best, and again don't forget. Every Friday you can go on social media and guess the initials first shot at a one hundred dollars Visa gift card.
Speaker 1: Thanks to our friends at Hurlbert.
Speaker 5: That's right, Hurlbert Heating and Plumbing and Keeping Homes curmptable for over sixty five years, new customers get a forty nine dollars furnest tune up and safety check and for a little of the I get a free carbon monoxide detectors six, one, two, two, and twenty today or schedule online at Hurlbert HP that hurlhp dot com.
Speaker 1: They're fantastic, Thank you, They're awesome. All right, let's go around the room.
Speaker 3: Let's meet the old competitors for Initials game five five four.
Speaker 1: Chris, what happens if you win?
Speaker 5: My friends at radco is going to give you ten percent off your entire order now through Monday in store or onlineer radcud dot com when you use the promo code Initials discountest on the planet toppers. But thank you so much Radco for being here with me.
Speaker 6: From the very beginning.
Speaker 1: All right, that's if Chris wins. Marnie, what happens if you win?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm sponsored by my hometown friends at Great Clips, and I hope they had a wonderful and marry and blessed Christmas because they are some wonderful people.
Speaker 1: And if I win today, it is happened a lot.
Speaker 7: You will tweet me, you will tag great Clips and someone will win again free haircuts four a year.
Speaker 1: And Kelsey could get that.
Speaker 7: Bob just clean right up and Chad.
Speaker 1: Say it, say it trimentable, unbelievable. Chris, who is a who's playing for Seventh Avenue Pizza today? Kelsie or Chad.
Speaker 5: Kelsey sponsor by our amazing friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza Deal Day Deal of the Week at All Lunson Barley's All Seventh Avenue Pizza at Lonson Barley says buy one, get one free, and if Kelsey one today, tweet at meets us one and tag Seventh Avenue Pizza Through the end of Sunday, one Lucky one is gonna get a hundred dollars to put towards restocking their freezer with Seventh Avenue Pizza.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's if Kelsey cookwins, you can see your special The Hustler on Hulu. What about Chad Daniels What Happens of Chad Wins?
Speaker 5: Sponsored by our good friends at ABC American Building Contractors. If he wants today, tweet at Mark d Perish and tag at ABC will help through the end of Sunday, and one Lucky one is gonna win one hundred dollars VISA gift card. So thank you ABC, and thank you Seventh Avenue Pizza, and thank you Kelsey and thank you Chad.
Speaker 3: Yep, you can see Chad special Empty Nester on Netflix available now very good, yeah awesome. You can also buy this home version at initials game dot com. We're down at this version four because version five sold out thanks to everybody who bought version five and twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: But there's still a billion of VERI four and that's the best one anyway. Initials game dot com. But before we play game five five four, one of you has a shot and I don't know, just like eighty one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for the Saint Com Credit Nion Initials Jackpot.
Speaker 5: That's right, eighty one grand is up for grabs right now thanks to our friends at Saint Paul Federal Credit Union. You're looking at buy a new car, save money, and your Kirk Carlan will do it with Saint Paul Federal Credit Union now offering Carlon rates as low as six point.
Speaker 6: Two nine percent.
Speaker 5: Apply today at Saint Paul fu dot org slash KAFA and federally insured by the NCUA.
Speaker 3: All right, the jackpot, thanks to Saint Paul Federal Credit Union, goes up five hundred dollars every week. It's a progressive jackpot. If the caller guess is one letter in the right spot, they win two hundred and fifty bucks, which is a pretty solid consolation price for guessing one letter.
Speaker 1: But if they say both and both of them are in the right spot. They win eighty.
Speaker 8: One thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: It's a delayed Christmas miracle. Good morning. What is your name and where are you from? Ted? Com coudon wrapping Ted? Ted from Coon Rapids, Minnesota.
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 1: Ted, How are you good?
Speaker 6: Ted?
Speaker 3: Do you have a Do you have more than eighty one thousand dollars left to pay off.
Speaker 1: On your mortgage?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 8: I do? Well?
Speaker 1: Cool? That would be uh eighty one k that you could take off your plate. That would be fantastic. Ted.
Speaker 3: All you have to do to win eighty one thousand dollars is tell me the initials I'm about to U IS go for it.
Speaker 1: M D M is in Minnesota, D as in Detroit, MD. It's going come in D M D.
Speaker 9: Let's cool.
Speaker 1: If he has one right, he wins two fifty. If he has him both writ he wins eighty one thousand. Does Ted and Coon Rapids with M D have at least one.
Speaker 8: Correct? Does he have one right?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm sorry, Ted, it's tough.
Speaker 3: Well, we have one of the situations where he did have a letter in the wrong spot because the M is the second letter the initials for game five five four, we're going CM CM a couple of rules for a couple of first timers. If you can think of something in your head with CM, don't say it out loud right because it might be an item later in the game, So keep possible answers to yourself.
Speaker 1: You yell out your name. Your name is your buzzer. If you get it right, you get a point. If you get it wrong, you're out for only that item. We played best out A twelve. You have to pronounce the answer correctly. When you ring in, you do get five seconds.
Speaker 3: So like if Marnie rings in and says Marnie and she's thinking about it, if in that five seconds you're like, oh, I have it, yell out your name and almost kind of hold your place in line. If if somebody else is thinking, you can jump in and say your name as well, and just wait your turn.
Speaker 1: Any other questions you guys ready to roll.
Speaker 4: It's been almost twenty seconds since you've said the initials and I can't think of one.
Speaker 6: I'm jacked.
Speaker 8: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: That's probably not a good sign.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 1: Here is item one of CM.
Speaker 8: Clue number one has.
Speaker 1: Been seen on the International Space Day.
Speaker 8: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: Its origins have connections to Jamaica.
Speaker 8: Clue number three.
Speaker 1: It often is associated with bunnies or cows.
Speaker 6: Hawk hawk chocolate milk.
Speaker 1: That's right, chocolate milk.
Speaker 9: In the world. It is because you smelled mess before we started. This is insane.
Speaker 1: That is a chocolate meth chocolate milk. It's a Chris the Lord with one going to rate us through the roof. Let's go all right. Twelve of these are eleven more. That's that's eleven opportunities for success.
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Number two of c M Clue number one not quite like the others. Clue number two. The first word is a possessive noun. Clue number three comes in many colors, but his but is historically brown. Clue number four associated with squatters.
Speaker 9: Oh, Kelsey, go for it, cardboard.
Speaker 1: Matt, I love, I love the thought process.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's a good guest at it.
Speaker 1: It's very company here. You're going with that guess all right? So Kelsey's out for the rest of number two.
Speaker 8: Clue number five.
Speaker 3: In a way, at any given moment, only eleven point eleven percent of participants are using.
Speaker 8: This final clue Clue number six.
Speaker 1: These are constantly hit right behind a plate. Marnie ye, catchers. That is that's a catcher's mitt, not a cardboard.
Speaker 6: Cat catcher's mitt.
Speaker 1: I said mask.
Speaker 3: Oh did you really? I talked right over it? Then then that is incorrect. Yeah, then it's mitt and then Chris gets it.
Speaker 8: We can't give it to.
Speaker 3: Did somebody else? I swear I thought you said mitt. I talked right over it. Then you said masks. Then the hawk gets the point. Then sorry, mines Brown people wear this. Sure, I'd like squatters use them?
Speaker 1: Did you ring in? I did not ring in.
Speaker 4: I'm protesting that because you said it was right and I have at it, but I you said it was correct.
Speaker 1: Jumped the second point? Do squatters use catcher's myths?
Speaker 9: Squatties squatty, that's.
Speaker 1: Not actual squatters. That was the play on words, is that they are squatter. That's why the cardboard magic guess is so hilarious. Is that's the other kind of squatters.
Speaker 3: The game.
Speaker 1: So catcher's mitt, not mask Martie Mitt was the right answer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the whole town. Yeah, thanks Martin.
Speaker 1: Chris has two. Here's number three of c M.
Speaker 3: Clue number one is considered convenient and consistent. Clue number two often comes with basic instructions.
Speaker 8: Clue number three.
Speaker 3: In a sense is the starting point, but the first word is actually the final product.
Speaker 8: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: Most commonly yellow, white, brown, or red.
Speaker 8: Clue number five.
Speaker 1: This is commonly sold in rectangular boxes for just a couple of bucks.
Speaker 8: Clue clue number six.
Speaker 1: Typically the frosting is sold separately from this pre prepared Chad Chad mix. I also have catchers. Me should be two to one number deal cake mix gets a Chad Daniels on the board.
Speaker 9: All right, Oh my god, that's excellent.
Speaker 1: Uh, hawk has to Chad has one. Here's number four of CM. Clue number one is an acute angle. Clue number two.
Speaker 3: Famous ones are white and blue. Clue number three used as an indicator. Clue number four used.
Speaker 1: To validate, approve, or confirm.
Speaker 8: Clue number five.
Speaker 1: MA check mark? That's right? Wow?
Speaker 6: Was that just a muscle flex? Okay? I don't know what that are you having?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 9: Making a check mark?
Speaker 1: Is that what it is? It's like, Uh, it looks like incorrectly that was really weird. Yeah, that's not wild, all right, marns us that was a check mark? Yes, sure, kind of that. You look like the tin man trying to get up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chris has two, Chad has one, Marnie has won Kelsey Man Front of Homeless People with MS.
Speaker 9: Gonna go wait in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: You can get me time eight to go. Here's number five of CM. Clue number one famously appeared in the Back to the Future franchise.
Speaker 8: Clue number two.
Speaker 3: Even if you eliminate the first word, it's commonly assumed the first word is still the source.
Speaker 6: Cow manure.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was really good. Cow manure is correct.
Speaker 9: I have never seen Back to the Future.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I know, I know it's kicking.
Speaker 1: Me off, right, steel Breaker Chat or not? I mean, oh, listen to the other movies really that you've never seen. I mean, we can't.
Speaker 9: Shawshank Redemn show like every Yeah, there's just.
Speaker 1: A lot just not a movie person, or just you just don't like the big ones.
Speaker 9: I just think when I was younger, I don't know, there's really no excuse for Back to the Future, but some of the ones that are more heavy, my mom was like, you don't need to see that, and then I just didn't interesting I should.
Speaker 10: As an adult though, Back to the Future, as in Alzheimer, see them all for the first time.
Speaker 6: I'm kind of a point.
Speaker 1: You get to see the Kalamanur reference and you'll be like, now I know why Chris got it so fast.
Speaker 3: It's a pivotal part of the end plot line. All right, Kalamanewer gets Chris his third point. Chris has three, Marnie has one, Chat has one.
Speaker 1: Here's number six of c M.
Speaker 8: Clue number one.
Speaker 3: One of the words is a shortened reference to a body of water. Clue number two started in Europe in nineteen fifty.
Speaker 8: Clue number three in two.
Speaker 3: Thousand and four there was a comedy slasher film that played off of this name.
Speaker 8: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: This is considered upscale.
Speaker 8: Clue number five might.
Speaker 1: Include golf, sailing, skiing, and more.
Speaker 8: Clue Clue number six.
Speaker 1: This is an international chain of luxury. Oh Kese, Kelsey, club Med, all right, everybody's on the board. That's club Med, club Med, all right, nobody shut out, record all right? A podcast three.
Speaker 3: Everybody else has one, and we're halfway through the game, so you guys are all still mathematically in this. Here's number seven of c M. Clue number one is selected. Clue number two is often but not always alone. Clue number three used to attract attention. Clue number four is considered visually appealing or attractive. Clue number five is photographed clue Clue number six.
Speaker 1: Placed on the front of a publication.
Speaker 6: Cover model.
Speaker 1: That's a cover model. Chris point number four either cover model?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: Five to go, Chris starting to pull away, but absolutely everybody's still mathematically and if I get hot.
Speaker 1: Here's number eight. Chris has four. Everybody else has one. Number eight of CM.
Speaker 8: Clue number one.
Speaker 1: Is a vertical rectangular prism. Clue number two partially glass. Clue number three. This features a shoot of sorts.
Speaker 8: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: This requires some luck and some skill.
Speaker 8: M Clue number five.
Speaker 1: This is seen in the toy story.
Speaker 10: Franchise Kelsey Yeah, Crane Machine, Kelsey Out for the rest of number eight.
Speaker 8: Final clue Clue number six.
Speaker 3: Successful experiences commonly result in stuffed animals five four three two one, yep five or three two one? Anybody else five four three.
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 1: You know now say it, go for it.
Speaker 3: It's the claw machine. You're so close. Claw machine is a right answer. You were so close.
Speaker 7: Those guys, man, I was thinking of the toys, and I'm like, was one of.
Speaker 3: Them a crane.
Speaker 9: Legs I've gotten all the toy stories.
Speaker 1: My guest is Kelsey hasn't hasn't seemed Shawshank yet.
Speaker 3: All right, nobody gets claw machine, even though Kelsey got very very close. Hawk has four, everybody else has one. So Chris, you have a three point lead with four to go. So if you get any of the remaining four, this thing's locked up. But everybody else is still mathematically in it. Here's number nine of a.
Speaker 8: CM clue number one.
Speaker 1: This is a combination.
Speaker 8: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: It is considered golden tan or brown. Marty Chick, Mix, Chicks Mix, Checks Mix, Kicks Mix.
Speaker 3: Did she you made it so tough? Did you say it right the first time? I don't even know, Oh, Chad checks Mix.
Speaker 5: Making it tough today, March.
Speaker 1: Say checks Mix gets the point. Chad gets the point, Like, look, you don't what Martin's.
Speaker 3: In the history of your enthusiasm. That might be the first time it's ever cost you a point. You got so excited that I think it costs you. I don't know if it ever has, because normally you like scream out the answer and it's one hundred percent correct.
Speaker 6: Yeah your face, Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 3: We've got a weird game today a couple of weird ones. All right, so Chad scoops up point number two though that all right? Yeah, Marns all right, Chris still going for the win. You have a two point lead over Chad, Kelsey and Marny. You each need the last three to force a tiebreaker, but you're still not mathematically out either. Here's number ten of CM. Clue number one can be hired and fired. Clue number two.
Speaker 1: Known for tactics and strategy. Clue number three responsible for coordination. Clue number four, it's considered temporary through the duration of the cycle. Clue number five overseas staff, aids in fundraising and works closely with the media. Huck yeah, for the manager that is.
Speaker 9: Manager, but I couldn't think of.
Speaker 3: It as a campaign manager. And Chris locks up the victory. But we play the last two just for fun, just to run up the score.
Speaker 1: But Chris just have five and locks it up just for fun. Here's number eleven of CM Clue number one. There are four the bell, the bow, tie, the ball, and the boot.
Speaker 8: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: Grew in popularity in the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 8: Clue number three.
Speaker 1: You could argue these are brown and.
Speaker 3: White clue number four, often directly adjacent to toys.
Speaker 8: Clue number five.
Speaker 1: Often appear in groups of four, six, or ten.
Speaker 8: Oh a final clue clue number six.
Speaker 3: These are often sold in cardboard containers and then handed out a fast food drive through window.
Speaker 1: Five or three two one. You guys are gonna kick yourself M's cookies. What are they are? No, Zach saying chicken McNuggets, Chicken McNuggets. Those coming groups of four, six and ten, they're next to toys. Yeah, McDonald's.
Speaker 3: I didn't know this until I, uh, until we talked about this, I think a couple of months ago, and then I did it again.
Speaker 1: When I was doing this the uh the research for this. There's only four shapes. The bell, the bow tie, the ball in the boot. That's what they call the four.
Speaker 9: Individual shape Throwing me, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, what, Yeah, those are the only four shapes they come in? Is those four?
Speaker 6: Remember back in the day when you get a little bit of a beacon one of them?
Speaker 1: Ever know?
Speaker 6: And again.
Speaker 1: That was most of the eighties and nineties.
Speaker 6: The worst, like is that a finger?
Speaker 1: It was the worst?
Speaker 8: Yeah, announced the bankers.
Speaker 3: Last one, just for fun, here is number twelve of CM clue number one.
Speaker 1: One of the words is what it is, the other is where.
Speaker 8: Clue number two.
Speaker 3: Most commonly involves two people. Clue number three involves a barrier. Clue number four the.
Speaker 1: High stakes, high pressure situation.
Speaker 8: Clue number five.
Speaker 3: The goal can be to escape, which awards you the win. Chad, Yeah, crap, macguar, I literally don't even is that French.
Speaker 1: Laughing? So Christmas miracle.
Speaker 6: That's a really good guest though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never heard that phrase before, but I'll take your take your word for it.
Speaker 6: Israeli.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, all right, Chad's out for the rest of number twelve. Final clue Clue number six.
Speaker 3: Professional wrestlers compete in these steal enclosures, many stupid cage.
Speaker 1: Matt, you pronounced the.
Speaker 8: Marny.
Speaker 1: You got it all right.
Speaker 9: You know I think you said check mix because you said check mark.
Speaker 1: Probably yes, and I had checkmate written down. Chris got to say that, not you, Yeah, because he won me. What was this?
Speaker 4: Israeli fighting? Krav mcgo is a fighting style. So when you said escape for the wind, I didn't think of any of the other clues.
Speaker 1: Set it because I'm sick of sucking at this game.
Speaker 9: Very well done.
Speaker 1: Word that you were saying crave crossrov kravo.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, I love so hard? Are you going? Is that French?
Speaker 1: I've never heard that before, but yeah, now it makes sense, makes a lot of more.
Speaker 5: Okay, anyway, well, thank you for us good that's right, And Radco you're gonna get ten percent off your entire order now through Monday in store online of radcord dot com when you use the promo code initials discountest and play toppers but does everything else and there's so much there, So thank you Radcoe. Ten percent off use it this weekend promo code initials.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. We can do, yes, Zachary, the combined over hits cash those tickets it was three would you say two or two and a half and a three? Three total for Chad and Kelsey is pretty cool. Nice job guys and Chad. Maybe even more importantly, you tied Kirk Cousins. I forgot about that. You both got too unbelievable bench me. I'm going to assume you're predicting a win on Sunday. Oh yeah, yeah, I feel good about it too. I don't know why Vegas is on the other side of it.
Speaker 8: But whatever.
Speaker 4: I feel good about it. I think the pack they're good. They're a good team, but bikes are good too. This isn't like a back into the playoffs team. This is in a checkdown three yards when you need a team.
Speaker 8: This is legit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it should be fun. Three twenty five on Sunday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I mean it's good. I think we're maturing it every week. I think we're getting better and better and better. Anything is possible.
Speaker 4: Man, that passed into double coverage in Seattle to the three yard line, where he put it at the sideline, the only place he could have put it was unbelievable, unreal.
Speaker 1: When he stepped out of pressure, that was absolutely incredible, and then.
Speaker 6: He got clobber man.
Speaker 5: We talked to Brad Burry, the center, right after the game, and he said he didn't even see the touchdown because he was avoiding stepping on his quarterback who was laying on the ground.
Speaker 3: Wow. So when you two took the elevator in Seattle with Sam Donald, did you say things for the memories as well or you know, you know, Kelsey just said, hey, we flew here to.
Speaker 4: See the game, and uh, I was trying not to act like a child right, because I don't know it's a good team.
Speaker 1: You know who else is a good team? Fergus falls Otters girls pull off a.
Speaker 4: Three to two overtime victory last night of the holiday Attorney, let's.
Speaker 1: Go Fergus Falls.
Speaker 6: Donald's a big dude, right, Were you shocked by how big that guy is?
Speaker 4: He's tall, but I think you have to be now. There's no no more Doug Fluties left in the league, that's for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's like.
Speaker 1: Tyler And that's about it, right for six pretty rare.
Speaker 9: He was nice, he said, be loud for us. That was about it. But I couldn't just sit there like to see the game. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I thought was interesting.
Speaker 4: His security guard started asking us questions, and I think that's probably a strategy to get you not to talk because you're busy answering questions.
Speaker 1: I thought it was brilliant because it seems nice. But then you get out and you're like, oh, we've been had. Yeah that was a distraction. Absolutely.
Speaker 6: So are you guys at our hotel?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh okay, got I got a nice place, right, Jesus.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: That's one of the best things about that job is I'd never get to stay. They wouldn't even let me in the front door of those hotels. Those places are awesome.
Speaker 1: I tried to get them to kick you out. I don't know if you've heard the knocking, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I never answered that. I'm always nude.
Speaker 1: Smart.
Speaker 3: You guys are both awesome. You're both awesome. Follows on social by the way to your comedy is fantastic. Your dad trumpet videos are awesome as well.
Speaker 1: Yo, yo bits are great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're awesome. So follow Kelsey Cook and Chad Daniels on social media. See them when they're in town. It sounds like Chad in February. You should end of February.
Speaker 1: February first, Yeah, and Kelsey sometime this fall.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're going to shoot my next special here.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 9: I'm excited.
Speaker 3: You can see Kelsey on Hulu. You can see Chad on Netflix, and you can see us on Monday.
Speaker 5: And you'll be able to see a new little baby sauce at some point today and we will keep you today.
Speaker 1: So Martie was saying she got induced and it took a week.
Speaker 2: A week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they sent me home and nothing happened. I came back in a week and they made it happen.
Speaker 3: But can you imagine if the doctors today tells Sauce it's going to be another four to seven days crying Marnie.
Speaker 1: Good luck to call and Sauce if it happens today.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks guys very much.
Speaker 3: Nine and it is next to Friday Football Feast with Pa in charge Buffalo Wild Wings, Plymouth the next three hours.
Speaker 1: We'll see you five thirty to nine on Monday. You too, have a