Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is sponsored by La Care Health Plan, providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Angelinos for over twenty five years. And now your voice for Dodger Talk like that, David Vasse.
Speaker 2: We are live from Angels Stadium for the final time in twenty twenty four, as the Halos defeat the Dodgers by a final score of ten to one. Welcome to Dodger Talk, David Vasse, with you until ten thirty from Anaheim. Phone lines are open at eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy. A disappointing night for Bobby Miller. No way to slice it, giving up five runs before he got the first out in the first inning, and that is an issue, and him giving up three more home runs also an issue, something that he has been trying to stop from happening, but hasn't had a lot of success.
Speaker 3: In doing so this season.
Speaker 2: And you know, for Bobby Miller, you felt somewhat encouraged after his outing against the Orioles, a very good hitting team at Dodger Stadium, despite battling a sore left knee. But tonight was definitely a step backwards for Bobby Miller, who got beat by an offense that is not very good number one and even worse against right handed pitching.
Speaker 3: And he gave up seven runs to that lineup.
Speaker 2: And like I mentioned last night, Walker Buehler coming out doing his thing giving up two solo home runs was encouraging, especially against a lineup like this, But for Bobby Miller to give up seven runs to a lineup like this is even more disappointing. Bobby Miller now has surrendered fifteen home runs and only fifty innings pitched.
Speaker 3: That will not get it done.
Speaker 2: Bobby knows that, the Dodgers know that, and it's been a disappointing season. It's been a season marred with injury. It's been a season marred with him battling a left knee issue that you know, Who's to say it wasn't bothering him tonight.
Speaker 3: Who's to say he's not.
Speaker 2: Following through on his pitches because he's concerned about putting too much pressure on that left knee. That's not an excuse, that's reality. And the question has to be asked, how many more starts is Bobby Miller going to make the rest of this season. You heard Dave Roberts say it he's going to make another one, but it feels like he's making that next one out of necessity because the Dodgers don't have anybody else as they try to protect Yamamoto and also try to, you know, protect Jack Flaherty and also the rest of this rotation to be as fresh as possible for the postseason. You got Gavin Stone going into uncharted arrt throwing more games and innings than anyone thought he would and the most he has ever done in his season. So that is the reason why Bobby Miller is going to start next Wednesday against the Cubs. If the Dodgers had a healthy glass Now or a built up Yamamoto, or if Clayton Kershaw did not have turf toew, I don't believe you would see Bobby Miller next week, and I'm not sure you would see Bobby Miller the rest of the season. And I'm not saying that just because of performance that's at the top of the list. But like I said, do we know how healthy Bobby Miller is feeling when he takes the mound. I know he's out there, and I know the Dodgers are always super cautious with their players, but maybe he's not being as transparent as he should be with the Dodgers on how he's feeling out there, and maybe you know, he feels well enough to go out there, but it's affecting his mechanics if he's trying to protect that left me. So all of those things are in play on why I believe the Dodgers may consider shutting down Bobby Miller if things don't go well next Wednesday night against the Cubs, or if his left knee is still giving him issues. Eight six, six, nine, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's head downstairs to the Dodger clubhouse to hear from Bobby Miller on sports at LA.
Speaker 4: It's kind of hard to put into words, but you know, recently, I've been feeling really good, and I still felt really good today. That's the first inning. There's a lot of good in there, a couple of good fastball hitters, just a couple of bad pitch selections.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I could go back and look and be like, yeah, I threw those balls in the corner. But you know, there are some good fastball hitters and just through the wrong pitch at the wrong time. They just put some good swings on some not really bad.
Speaker 1: Pitches, you Loo conches.
Speaker 6: I guess after the two innings you're finding some more success really efficient what I guess adjustments did you make there in the moment to get those results?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Really, just after the three run homer, I seem to really lock it back in. I wush it wouldn't take a home run to get locked back in each time. It really just they couldn't adjust it to chain up today, and I just started using it a little bit too late. And if I used a little bit earlier, I think things would have gone a lot differently, and I would have gone really really deep into the game. But right now I just got to focus sound the good. Really just watched that because at the end of the day, after that three on homer, there there was a lot of good besides just a couple of really good swings.
Speaker 3: What do you think it was much?
Speaker 5: Prescribe?
Speaker 2: It was it just sort of being so fastball alive earlier or a little bit.
Speaker 4: You know, a couple of hitters obviously fell behind the account and they're obviously looking for a fastball, So it doesn't matter where I throw, they're gonna put a good swing on it. And just unfortunately it went over the fence. That seems to be the story lately. Yeah, didn't put it in a really bad spot, but at the same time as kind of in their nitro zone where they hit the fastballs right right through it. I was aiming somewhere else and just missed my spot.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Bobby Miller, and I think Bobby needs to be a little bit more honest with himself. You can't stay on one hand, you made good pitches and then you say, well, I threw it in their nitro zone and couldn't command the pitch.
Speaker 3: That just doesn't add up.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, and nobody loves Bobby Miller more than me, but that just doesn't add up.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you could.
Speaker 2: Say you locked it in after the three run home run a Mickey moniac, but by that time it's five nothing, and then he gave up another home run to the number nine hitter who was hitting OH seventy nine coming into the game tonight, Nico Cavadas, and I can feel very confident in saying I've never heard of him before tonight. He was the Angel's DH hitting ninth, hitting O seventy nine, and Bobby Miller gave up a home run to him. I don't know how you justify that or really find a way to justify it to yourself.
Speaker 3: So, look, I disagree with Bobby.
Speaker 2: He made bad pitches in that inning, and look, he walked the first hitter, then he hit the second batter. A lot of times you hear pitchers that have a lot of experience talk about it's not so much the home run, but what took place before. So instead of a solo home run, it's a three run home run and you're.
Speaker 3: Down five to nothing.
Speaker 2: I just feel like Bobby and the Dodgers need to really take some inventory on which direction the rest of the season is going to go for him. And I know we have talked about this and others have said this, but I really do believe Wednesday is a big start for Bobby Miller because after Wednesday, the Dodgers should be getting Tyler Glass now back sooner rather than later, and Walker Bueller is only getting better and Landon Nak is now in the So you know, I want to see Bobby do well, but I don't want to see Bobby Miller go out there if he feels like his lower half is not cooperating.
Speaker 3: And it's compromising.
Speaker 2: Uh, the execution of his pitches eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Tim and plush Centsha. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 7: Tim, Hey, Dave always, I'm doing well. What do you got awesome? I kind of had a two party regarding Bobby Miller. You know, one, obviously, the the start was pretty horrific, but it just kind of felt like Dave Roberts had no choice but to kind of keep going it back out there just so he didn't have to you know that early again like the Arizona series, go to the bullten and tax a bunch of guys that can use some rest.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the.
Speaker 2: One thing I agree with with Bobby is that he did kind of stabilize the game and not let it get two out of hand early, so he was able to go at least through five. So I will agree with him on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: True. The other part, though, from like a catcher's perspective for Austin Barnes, would be like, you know, it kind of puts him in the buyd as far as pitch selection, you know, trying to keep hitters off balance, knowing that your starters just kind of serving up meatballs there in the beginning. I just kind of wanted your thoughts on, just maybe from Austin Barnes perspective, kind of how difficult it get trying to keep guys off balance, pitch selection and all that, just knowing that your guy doesn't have.
Speaker 8: It that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the good news about Austin Barnes from what I've been told from other pitchers, is if something's not working, he doesn't give up on that pitch. He comes back to it. Maybe they should have came out with the changeup more than what they did to start the game. But at the end of the day, Bobby Miller cannot get behind in counts. He's got to command his pitches and throw pitches ahead in the count. I can't tell you how many times I've heard from Mike Sosia and others. When you're throwing pitches behind in the count, it makes life a lot harder for you, no matter or who you are. And that's why you see the really good ones like Kershaw talk about strike one because they don't want to have to make pitches behind.
Speaker 3: In the count.
Speaker 6: Awesome thanks Dave.
Speaker 3: All right, Tim, thanks for the phone call.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Mark who is at Angel Stadium tonight. Hi, Mark, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 5: Hye, Dave, Yeah, pretty disappointing.
Speaker 3: You know, you should have been here.
Speaker 9: Look it was.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, yeah, right, you should have been here last night. Well, you know, I always, I always, I've been a fan of the Dodgers since fifty nine, and I always kind of feel like there's there's two Dodger teams, one that shows up and one that doesn't.
Speaker 5: Because it's not all Miller. I mean Miller just I mean, he looked terrible out there, but all of our hitting just I mean it didn't hardly go anywhere.
Speaker 10: When when Pius came up, he hit that that I.
Speaker 5: Thought it was going to be a home run or something, and it just, you know, it just wasn't there, you know, And.
Speaker 2: I know tonight's game, or can I just put it into hold on for a second, Can I just put it into perspective, Mark, who was at Angel Stadium tonight, came here to see the Dodgers that have the best record in baseball. They did not play that way, so that's why you're even more upset. But if you were at last night's game, you would be ecstatic. And also keep in mind the Dodgers just came off an emotional series against the Diamondbacks and were able to rally last night. I'm not saying it's an excuse, but here they are at the end of six in a row and playing basically.
Speaker 3: For the division before they got here.
Speaker 2: So I know it's disappointing when you pay for tickets and the team doesn't perform to that level.
Speaker 3: But I think all in all, the Dodgers had a pretty good six game stretch here.
Speaker 5: Actually, I'm not feeling sorry about the Dodgers. I watched the game yesterday on the television. I was acstatic. I was jumping up and down and Movie hits.
Speaker 8: That home run.
Speaker 5: It sounds just when you first sometimes.
Speaker 7: Sometimes sometimes yes, sometimes.
Speaker 5: That they just for instance, the offense tonight was flawed.
Speaker 3: That's base they can't score six or seven.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: You stated a fact.
Speaker 2: Yes, the offense wasn't great and they were down six to nothing early. And Griffin Canning can pitch a lot differently when he has a five to nothing lead.
Speaker 5: I just have one last question for you. So in July of last year, you said that you thought that the Dodgers would win one hundred games, and it turns out they won one hundred and ten. And so the question today is how many how many games do you think are gonna win before the end of the season.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, it doesn't seem like they're on pace for one hundred wins. In fact, they may have a worst regular season record with sho Heyo Tani on the team. But all that matters is what they do in October. Mark, As you know, winning one hundred games, winning ninety five games doesn't really matter at this point. All these guys in that clubhouse know they're going to be judged by whether or not they're able to be the last team standing in October.
Speaker 5: Correct. I agree completely. And by the way, I saw Kofax fifty nine.
Speaker 2: Granted, I bet that must have been amazing. Thank you for the phone call. Not sure how that relates to what happened tonight. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. I do appreciate the phone call, and I love the longtime Dodger fans, that's for sure. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven, seventy is the phone number. Look, it's not gonna be there every night, even with this Dodger team, and the complexion of this game completely changed after that five run first inning. The Dodgers were in an uphill climb. Griffin Canning was able to throw strikes and not put too much pressure on each and every pitch, So that was part of all of this. So that's the reason why things did not go the Dodgers way offensively tonight. And Dave Roberts took Mookie Bets and Freddie Freeman out after the sixth inning, and I like that. I thought that was the right move by Dave Roberts to preserve those guys to avoid any injury in a blowout, but also give the sellout crowd, a lot of Dodger fans here the opportunity to see Freddie and Mookie Betts take three at bats. I thought that was the perfect move by Dave Roberts in a blowout game. Speaking of the Dodgers three MVPs, there's all of a sudden, this underswell from the East coast of all places. For some sort of argument that Francisco Lindor should win the National League MVP instead of show Hey Otani, and all of a sudden, now from the East Coast, they're all trying to discount the stolen base After last year, when Mooki Betts was having a better all around season than Ronald o'cunya Junior, who was a forty and seventy stolen based player, everybody was saying how remarkable it was that Ronald o'cunya Junior could steal seventy bases and it didn't matter what Mooki Betts was doing on an all around basis. Fast forward to the last two weeks. Now all of a sudden, people are saying, well, the stolen bases they don't mean as much. You know, the bases are bigger, the rules are different. Fifty stolen bases doesn't mean what it used to mean. Okay, okay, you can't have it both ways, all right, Francisco lindor Or, I see the argument. He's playing shortstop, he's leading off for the Mets, and he's had a great year. I'm not saying he has not had a great year, but because of the final wildcard spot and the expanded playoffs. Now everybody's saying, well, if he leads the Mets into the postseason, that says a lot.
Speaker 3: He's so valuable.
Speaker 2: Oh really, if there wasn't an expanded postseason, the Mets would have no shot at the playoffs. And Shoho Tani, I know he's a DH, but the facts are he's a very dynamic player on the bases when he's out there, and he's going to do something that nobody else has ever done. In fact, right now, he has done something no other player has done.
Speaker 3: Nobody else in baseball.
Speaker 2: History has ever hit forty four home runs and stolen forty six bases. And it's not like he's hitting two twenty. He's hitting two ninety on the year with an ops of nine to ninety. So he's had a really good year. And I know he doesn't play the field, and I'm not a huge fan of the DH, and I would normally give it give more to a position player, but there really hasn't been one. The two best hitters and players in the National League this year have been Marcelo Zuna of the Braves and show Hey Otani of the Dodgers. Lindor is fantastic. He is if you want to say Lindor should be the runner up to Otani, that's fine, But Otani is the MVP, all right. Just saw Fernando Tatist Junior rip off his jersey, so that obviously means the Padres walked it off against the Tigers. So the Padres are gaining a game on the Dodgers tonight with the Dodgers losing. Arizona beat the Giants tonight, so both those teams gain a game on the Dodgers, and they are both now five games back in the standings in the NLS to the Dodgers. But going back to Otani, he should be the MVP. And if Francisco Lindor was playing in Cleveland, nobody would be beating the drum for him. But because he plays for the Mets in New York, then everybody is on board with the Francisco Lindor MVP train.
Speaker 3: Give me a break.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number we are going to take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, your phone calls, and also we'll let you know which Dodgers have had the most success against the Angels ever since interleague play started.
Speaker 3: Can you guess who they are? The top three?
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine eight seven two. Five seventy is the phone number. Angels beat the Dodgers ten to one on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy, online at amfive seventy LA sports dot com, and available by on the iHeartRadio app. This is Dodger Talk with David Bassi.
Speaker 2: We are live at Angels Stadium after the Halos beat the Dodgers in a big way tonight ten to one the final score. We're with you until ten thirty tonight here on Dodger Talk. The Dodgers win four out of six on this road trip and win the most important series on this six game road trip, taking three out of four from the Diamondbacks. So the Dodgers not only left Arizona with a six game lead, they actually won the season series. So if there is a tie in the standings between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks, the Dodgers would have the edge. So whatever the standing, show add a game to that because the Dodgers own the tiebreaker, and with both Arizona and San Diego winning with the Dodgers losing tonight, the Dodgers are five games ahead both of those teams, and if you're looking ahead to the postseason brackets, the Dodgers right now are the number one seed in the National League and if the postseason started today, the Dodgers would play the winner of a Diamondbacks Padres wild card series. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Redondo Beach. Steve, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 8: Hi, Steve, Hey Dave, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Just last man standing out here at the Big A.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Hey, I was wondering, dude, you know, I was. I know, Bobby Miller's struggling, you know.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 8: I was noticing, you know, you know, he he was getting his fastball is getting hit, and I wanted to know if you could kind of take me, maybe give me some insight, maybe what that conversation was that last Mountam visit or that the only mound visit with prior in him before they took him out, because it seemed to me that as soon as after the mound visit, he goes right back to the curveball first pitch, and he's getting that over for a strike and he's going back to the changeup and uh and not going to the.
Speaker 3: I bet that's what he was telling him, Steve.
Speaker 2: I bet he was telling him to don't forget about those pitches. Make those pitches, don't try to chase velocity, don't try to overthrow with the fastball. And that seems to be something that Bobby needs to be reminded of quite often.
Speaker 8: Okay, here's another question. So with the pitch calm, right, who essentially, like who is calling the pitches because I don't see him taking pitches off the catcher.
Speaker 2: No, the catcher's calling those pitches. They have a game plan and the catcher's calling those pitches. And I the one pitcher I know that calls his own pitches is Blake Snell. He has the pitch calm on his waist. He's the one calling the pitches to the catcher. So yeah, it's the catcher Austin Barnes that's punching in which pitch to throw, and he does that with a Hall of Famer like Kershaw, but obviously Kershaw's calling his own game in a different way as well.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, dude, all right, hopefully hopefully we get Glad now and Yamamoto back and when we get some more depths in the lineup and and we finished strong. Dude, Yeah, keeping.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks Steve appreciated. Be safe out there with Dondo Beach. Speaking of Yamamoto, even though he only went two innings last night in his second rehab start, Dave Roberts said, Yamamoto will pitch Tuesday against the Cubs. Yeah, Yama Moto is making his return on Tuesday night at Dodger Stadium against the Cubs. And if Shota ima Naga stays on six days rest or on that six day schedule, we may have a Yamamoto Ima Naga showdown at Dodger Stadium on Tuesday night.
Speaker 3: Let's go out to Bob in Malibu. You're on Dodger Talk, Hi.
Speaker 8: Bob, Uncle, David Dodger.
Speaker 9: Bob out here Nowiby buddy, how you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm doing all right? What's up?
Speaker 9: That's it?
Speaker 6: Much? Bet?
Speaker 9: We're gonna need a giant sized Navvian tankless water heater to wash this one off day, by right.
Speaker 3: I guess so.
Speaker 2: But if they went on Friday, everybody, we'll forget about tonight.
Speaker 9: Listen, Let's just hope we all get a free jumbo jack anyway, Dave, My question is, Buddy okay? With the way that Miller's pitching and the way the changeup seem to be working a little later on in his game, any chance we move him to more of a relief position as we get further into the season and into the postseason.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't rule it out, But if you can't throw strikes as a starter, if he can't get strike one as a starter, do you really want that coming out of the bullpen?
Speaker 9: No? In fact, the guy should have been singing. He was throwing pitches right down Broadway so hard tonight man.
Speaker 2: All right, Bob, thank you for the phone call. Very impressive. You got two sponsors in there as well. In one phone call. Let's go out to Marco, who is at Angel Stadium tonight. Hi, Marco, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 8: Hey day.
Speaker 6: Thanks for taking my call, my pleasure.
Speaker 3: What do you got so well?
Speaker 11: What are your thoughts on LAT and NAC being on the you know, on the postseason roster. I think it's a pore guns conclusion that you know. I think there's been a lot more negative talk on Bobby Miller and his issues that I don't think they'll be resolved throughout the month of September. And I think before.
Speaker 2: You go any further, you want to put landon Nack on the postseason roster? Who is landon Nax starting over? And by the way, for the record, I'm a big landon Nac fan, and I feel like he has earned more opportunities to start because he has done pretty well.
Speaker 3: But go ahead, who would.
Speaker 2: You want to take out of the postseason roster if glass Now and Yamamoto are healthy?
Speaker 11: Well, I just think Yamamoto, you know, with him coming back, that's still a big question.
Speaker 5: Mark two.
Speaker 8: And Land and that I.
Speaker 11: Could see him piggybacking on the start. You know that Yamamoto you know, starts maybe Game four, game three, because I don't know, you know, he that's not.
Speaker 2: A really great game plan, Mark Marco, I don't like that game plan. If that's what the Dodgers have to do to win a playoff series, I'm not feeling them going too far.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 11: One other quick question, the last you know on Sunday save Roberts Bulls. You know the main guys after three and ins and today they yeah pulled, you know, Minkie Beds and three mean after six, you know the Padres.
Speaker 8: They're they're hot.
Speaker 11: Is the Arizona haven't lost yet and they're not even healthy.
Speaker 3: What do you mean? The Dodgers beat Arizona three out of.
Speaker 11: Four exactly, but they're not one hundred percent Arizona the right, so they're not I think Dave Roberts is kind of you know, and they're only a fight now.
Speaker 2: He was, so he was managing to fight another day and it paid off because the Dodgers won the last game in Arizona, and tonight he left him in for six innings. The Dodgers were not coming back tonight, Marco and Dave Roberts to me, I loved him leaving those guys in for six innings.
Speaker 3: Taking them out after three a little early for my liking. So I like what he did tonight.
Speaker 2: And obviously he's aware a lot of Dodger fans were here sell out crowd, so he understands fans paid to come see those guys, and that's the reason why he left him in there until the sixth inning, because if they would have got hurt, Marco, if they would have got hit by a pitch in the eighth inning, you would be calling right now saying, why did Dave Roberts leave Mookie Bets and Freddie Freeman in there? And Freddie, by the way, still has a micro frack sure in his right middle finger.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, right, I can see it.
Speaker 2: I feel like I set you straight for tomorrow, Marco. I set you straight for the weekend, the rest of the week. You now have great Dodger knowledge.
Speaker 11: I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Day.
Speaker 11: Thank you all.
Speaker 2: Right, Marco, thank you for the phone call. Yeah see, that's a catch twenty two. That's Monday morning quarterbacking. Why ain't you leave Freddy and Mooki in there all nine innings? Okay, let's say Dave Roberts does the Dodgers lose ten to one, and let's say one of those two guys gets hit by a pitch or they turn an ankle. I bet I have a full boarder calls until midnight tonight, wanting Dave Roberts fired for leaving those guys in in a blowout. I think he straddled the line pretty well tonight. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number Daniel's Jewelers. They are the official sponsor of the trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniel's location and say home run for your free team bracelet and fifty dollars gift card toward any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more.
Speaker 3: Daniels Jewelers owned the Dream want.
Speaker 2: To give a couple of shout outs to former Dodgers that now play for the Angels. My guy Kevin Polar from the Grade one eight in West Hill Shamanad High School. He has said that he is retiring at the end of this year.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: He's still crushing left handed pitching. He has almost a one thousand oh ps against left handed pitching this year. But Kevin Pillar, like Kevin Kiermeier, is saying they are going to retire at the end of the year. And Polar has had a great career and certainly was one of the best center fielders in his prime and is still robbing a lot of hitters out there in the outfield. It was also great to see former Dodger Tyler Anderson, who is with the Angels. He certainly was a great guy to be around, and it was great to see him yesterday as well. I did not see Polar. Polar is a tough guy to see around at Angel Stadium. I feel like I have to get Mark Gubazza to get me the golden ticket to see Kevin Palar around here. It was great to see those guys too, Mark Gubazza, Tim Salmon, Terry Smith and Mark Lynston all out here. And Wayne ran Dazzo. Good to see him as well. But we see him with those Apple games. It was cool to see the Halos out here at Angel Stadium. Dodgers fall to the Halos tonight ten to one. Let's go out to speaking of West Hills, Sasan in West Hills, how you doing. Did I get your name right?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 12: Yes, Thank you so much, Dave. Thanks for taking my call. I just had a quick question just about Tyler Glass now in his rehab. When do you think we might see him in action for the Dodgers. Do you think that he may see action up against the Marlins in that series or up against the Rockies later in the month. Anyway, Thank you so much for taking my call, and good.
Speaker 5: Rest of your day.
Speaker 3: Thank you you too. Hey.
Speaker 2: I'll say this, I really hope Tyler glassw is pitching on the next road. We're seeing a lot of Tyler Glass now working on mechanics with Connor McGinnis, doing a lot of talking out there with Connor McGinnis off a flat round, I feel like, yeah, Tyler glass Now should be back on that next road trip to Atlanta or Miami. It feels like he should be on what I'm saying tells me he should be. No pitcher is ever one hundred percent healthy or one hundred percent with their mechanics, So if he wants to be ready for the postseason, you gotta start pitching. You don't want Game one to be your first game back, And it seems like last Now is on track to pitch, hopefully on the next road trip after the Dodgers close out this upcoming six game homestand against the Guardians and Chicago Cubs. I also want to mention before we took our break that we did some research and when I say we are magic producer Dwayne McDonald found all this for me. I was wondering which Dodger hitters since interleague play started have the best numbers against the Angels at Dodger Stadium in here in Anaheim and by far and away. Gary Sheffield, who should be in the Hall of Fame, played twenty two games with the Dodgers against the Angels and had a three to twenty nine batting average, eleven home runs, twenty two RBIs, and an OPS of twelve sixty five. The eleven home runs by Sheffield in a Dodger uniform against the Angels is the most hit by a Dodger against the team here in Anaheim. Eric Carros, who is here, he owned Troy Percival. He had a couple of hits off of Perceval. And you know when you say that Caros was not clutch. If you're hitting, if you're getting hits against Perceval, it means that it's late in the game, right, Okay. Eric Carros twenty nine games against the Angels in his Dodge Your career, batt at three sixteen, with eight home runs and seventeen RBIs. He had a nine to fourteen OPS. And my guy Andre Ethier played more games than any one of those two guys, fifty four games played against the Angels, more than any other Dodger. He had a three fourteen batting average with seven home runs, including of course, a walk off home run against the Halos on August Tecod twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: So those are the.
Speaker 2: Three top Dodgers to perform against the Angels and Mookie Bets obviously has done great, but a lot of that was with the Red Sox. Let's take more phone calls, shall we. Let's go out to Newport Beach. Ken, Who's on Dodger Talk?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 6: Ken?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 3: Okay, what you think about those three names? Ken? I bet you called to complain about them during your time?
Speaker 6: Never, I would never happen.
Speaker 3: I could see you being the guy. Saint Eric Harross was never clubed much.
Speaker 6: I don't even remember him being clutched or not being clutched. And speaking of memory, I've been a Dodger fan since fifty eight, and I'm trying to think about.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to one up the caller from earlier that said he was a Dodger fan since fifty nine? No, no, okay, just for the record, it's sounded like a Steve Hartman one up right there?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I'm just trying to remember. I'm thinking of all so I'm thinking of the sorta in a game that means something. There are only four and a half games ahead. Now, I don't remember leaving the guy in that had a six to fifty ERA and a minors now is a seven to seventy nine ERA. To give up seven runs and not pull up it just confused me. It's not a spring training game. This game had meaning. And sure the Dodgers didn't score and then we're going to no doubt lose anyway, But why would you leave it in that long?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Number one, he's not just thinking about today. He's thinking about the three game series or the six in a row coming up after this day off. And you know, after that first inning, Ken, he seemed to be better than what he was in that first inning. I know he gave up two solo home runs, but he had the game better managed than he did in the first inning. So that's the reason why he let him ride. If he gives up another three or four runs, he's out of there.
Speaker 3: But he did not do that.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think if I was the manager and you're the manager, you would have pulled him in the third inning because he just didn't have it. And this is a last place Angel Dean. This isn't like a contender. And it kind of made me scratch my head so hard I almost started bleeding.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, by the time you wanted to take Bobby Miller out. The game was out of hand? All did you think the Dodgers were coming back?
Speaker 10: What it was?
Speaker 9: For nothing?
Speaker 6: After the first I thought there was the possibility.
Speaker 2: And by the way, can you you channeling Tommy Lasorda's name here? I love Tommy Lasorda, but he was not known as the best tactician.
Speaker 6: That's true. But you know, a lot of changes, a lot more stats, there's a lot more information, and a lot has changed.
Speaker 2: You're right, and this was the right move, Like I said, if you're watching the game, yeah, the first inning was ugly, but he was able to only give up two runs the rest of the way, and the game was out of hand by that point.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And the picture for the Angels has a five to sixty eer, right, So it's not like he was some type of wonderful picture and they could have come back, but not when you were left.
Speaker 2: Somebody to come on, Ken, you can't you can't play one hundred and sixty. I think we can agree upon this, Ken. The Dodgers have mastered how to navigate a regular season?
Speaker 3: Can we agree on that?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, so they're navigating one sixty two, right, here, and I guarantee you, Ken, by the time the last day of the regular season comes around, the Dodgers will win this division by at least five games because they have mastered how to win the regular season by navigating their pitching and having more pitching than any other team in the division. Now, if you want to argue about how that translates to October, that's a different debate. But as far as the regular season goes, I think we have to acknowledge Andrew Friedman Dave Roberts have kind of figured out that plan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree with all that, but I just can't imagine leaving the guy in that law. There was no purpose to do it.
Speaker 5: You could have pulled them.
Speaker 3: There, there was a purpose.
Speaker 2: You don't want to burn your relievers that have been used a lot. Okay, all right, Ken, thank you for the phone call. We could argue about that all night and you still would not acknowledge it. That's the reason why, by the way, it pretty with the two losses the Dodgers took on this road trip. They lost fourteen to three in Arizona. Justin Robleski also did not have a great first inning. He put the Dodgers in a big hole and tonight ten to one. So the two losses on this road trip, the Dodgers were outscored twenty four to four because of bad first innings by their young starting pitching. And the one thing I will agree with Ken on is the Dodgers have to look at Bobby Miller's performance. Whether it's injury based or performance based, it just hasn't been good this year. There's no ways around that. And I feel like next Wednesday it's a crossroad start. He's got to show that he cannot get into a deep hole and he's got a pitch well. Whether it's his knees, whether it's his shoulders, all of that is part of the performance and the results. At some point that's got to matter, all right. That'll do it for us on Dodger Talk tonight. A day off tomorrow, not only for the Dodgers but for yours truly.
Speaker 3: We all have.
Speaker 2: Opening Night of the NFL right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Thursday Night football right here on AM five seventy LA Sports beginning at five twenty Chiefs Ravens, and then on Friday night, the Dodgers will be back in action, starting a six game homestand against the Cleveland Guardians. Landon Knack will be on the mound for the Dodgers and in eight starts, Nack has an ERA of two to seventy two. He's going up against left hander Matthew Boyd, who in four games this year is one and one with an ERA of two thirty eight. Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck begins at six o'clock on Friday night, First pitch from Dodgers Stadium with Rick Monday and tim Nebritt Hex seven ten.
Speaker 3: After the three.
Speaker 2: Games with Cleveland, then the Cubs come to town. Cody Bellinger back at Dodgers Stadium for the second time in as many years, so look forward to.
Speaker 3: Seeing Cody again.
Speaker 2: He had a big part and a lot of Dodgers' success, including going to back to back World Series in seventeen and eighteen and winning the World Series in twenty. Thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burbanks Studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald for hanging out late night here at the Big A with me, and thanks to you for hanging out as well.
Speaker 3: Hope we got your home safe once again.
Speaker 2: The final sport tonight from Angel Stadium the Angels beat the.
Speaker 3: Dodgers from ten to one. Have a great rest of your night. Fox Sports Radio is next. See ya, dy
Speaker 7: Shut