Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kays.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck, Happy Jackie Robinson Day. It is April fifteenth, the day back in nineteen forty seven that Jackie Robinson broke through the color barrier in Major League Baseball, and everybody across the league were at number forty two on this historic day in baseball. As the Dodgers now twelve and six to start this season, the homestand continues. The three games set against the Colorado Rockies continues as landon Knack will till the rubber Tonight, game two of this three game series, first pitch coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts, who took the Dodgers team out to the Jackie Robinson Statue about three and a half hours ago to really let us soak in about what today means. We'll dive deeper into this print pitching matchup. David Veasse goes one on one with Michael Kopek. We got your Dodgers magical moment. I've got your prize picks, double play of the Day. I was a winner yesterday, by the way, so be listening for those picks. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson. In just a few minutes, we'll send it out to the Gallpi Motors broadcast booth with Tim Neffett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Well, last night, it.
Speaker 2: Was May Day in April, yet Dustin May got the start. The big redhead wins six solid innings, allowed one run on three hits while punching out seven along the way, and he got some early run support. Showy Otani let off the bottom of the first with the single.
Speaker 3: Next batter Mookie.
Speaker 4: With the past history, you'd figure Mookie's gonna get some damage done here tonight. Out of the stretches, sends a Tello Tani off of first. The pitch swung hot hammer deep.
Speaker 5: Left pield way, packet goes hit. Is gone.
Speaker 4: Damage done for Mookie Betts as he's hit his four home none of the season of the Dodgers jump on top two nothing.
Speaker 2: Just like that, a Dodgers two nothing lead on the Mookie Bets to run home run. Dodgers would add to that lead in the bottom of the third, a leadoff solo shot from show Hey O Tawny four hundred and eight feet number five on the season for show Hey.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers of three to nothing.
Speaker 2: In the fifth, leadoff double from Mookie Betts. Too bad is later Will Smith.
Speaker 4: And a two to one pitch and Will hits the ground ball up the middle exit. They hit past the diving Tovar. Smith is driven in a roun. Mookie scores it is four to nothing. Will Smith is two for three. That's his eight run down.
Speaker 2: It in Will Smith with the top tier playing the game brought to you by RCO quality top tier guests for US. Without an RBI single in the fifth Kyle Farmer, the only bright spot is David vat Say alluded to yesterday You're on Dodgers on deck head an RBI single in the sixth inning that broke open a scoreless drought from Colorado.
Speaker 3: Dodgers up four to one.
Speaker 2: Will Smith would come back in the bottom of the inning get that run back on a sack fly scoring show Hey o Tani. The Rockies would score two on a Goodman home run in the seventh, but the Dodgers hang on and get the win five to three over the Colorado Rockies. Dustin May gets his first win in over two years. Tanner Scott gets his fifth save of the season with the win. The Dodgers now twelve and six overall on this season. Tonight, game two of this three game set, Dodgers and Rockies Landonnack on the Mountain with more. We head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, thanks very much. We get sent for Game two of this three game series. It'll be another beautiful night little on the cool side at Dodgers Stadium as the Dodgers take on the Colorado Rockies. Winning last night by a score five to three. They got off to a really good start. Things slowed a little bit offensively, but they certainly had enough and they had enough pitching from Dustin May to get it done. Who had his best doubting of the season tonight, It is Landing Knack. He's looking for win number two. One to zero is his record. He struggled a bit his last time out in Washington and Ryan Feldner no decisions for the Rockies, but looking at his numbers. He's deserved a better fate. He's probably been their best pitcher so far this season. And Moe, when you look at what today means, today is Jackie Robinson Day, number forty two, his motor of the grass and center field. The players for both teams the staff met out in the centerfield plaza earlier around the Jackie Robinson statue. That's a tradition that Dave Roberts started a few years ago, and Kareem Abdul Jabbar was there to speak and also with Kareem Sonya Panke, who is the oldest granddaughter of Jackie Robinson. It's really a special day here at Dodger Stadium, special all around Major League Baseball, but particularly here.
Speaker 6: Well, twenty five, six hundred and twenty three were on hand at Ebesfield when Jackie Robinson didn't twenty eight years of age, made his major league debut, and it was quite a debut, not only for Major League Baseball, but I think for society itself. And just talking to some of his former teammates over the years and never really had a chance to talk to Jackie Robinson. I met the gentleman and he had a presence about him. That was just different, just absolutely amazing. But talking to his fellow teammates, you know, they all went through a period of time that they relished that they were challenged also themselves, and they all felt that they had something to do with trying to make society much much better.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll be talking a lot about Jackie Robinson during the course of the broadcast tonight, of course, his meeting and his famous quote and life is not important except for the impact it has on other lives. Well, the Dodgers trying to have an impact in the standings again, twelve and six, looking for win numbers thirteen, trying to keep pace with the Giants and the Padres. At this stage of the season, it is early still, but the Dodgers right there, bunched up in the top three in the National League West. The Rockies, meantime, they are way back, ten and a half off the pace already after just sixteen games.
Speaker 6: Well, the Dogs need to just take care of their own backyard. We've heard as many many times in Major League Baseball, any sports, and any competition that you have, And they finally got the bats going, at least some of the bats going. You know, last night, if you look, and we've talked about it before, positions one through four in Dave Roberts' starting lineup, the hitters were nine for seventeen. They knocked in all five runs. Five through nine position in the lineup one for fifteen. Obviously no runs battered in, but that's kind of the story for the season. Because one through four, collectively hitting it two ninety five, they've knocked in forty nine runs. They've scored fifty five. Spots five through nine have hit the lowest of Major League Baseball collectively, just one seventy. That needs to change. Were beginning to see some better swings from some of those guys in the lower part of the lineup, and that's desperately needed right now.
Speaker 4: To Oscar Hernandez still unable to play tonight, and Key k Hernandez is out of the lineup, so Chris Taylor will be in there, batting eighth and playing center field with Andy Pies getting another night in right field.
Speaker 6: You know, you look at this lineup, I mean it's steadfast really at the top of tany bets Freeman and Smith, so you're going left, right, left, right, and then Confordo batting in the five spot, he's a left hander, Edmund the switch hitter, followed by Munsei the lefty, and they heed Bett Taylor and then pies and pies over and right field. And for Chris Taylor. Taylor needs some playing time in order to get not only from a defensive standpoint. He came in the ninth ending last night in the outfield, but he needs them at bats desperately and try and still work out that swing. It's still a work in progress for him.
Speaker 4: Land and back pitching for the Dodgers. It'll be Ryan Feldner for the Rockies. Getting closer to the first pitcher at Dodger Stadium on Jackie Robinson Day.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on its Shaky's Pizza Parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 3: Coming up here on Morongo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: We will check in with.
Speaker 2: David Vez say we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: We got your bride picks. Double play of the Day.
Speaker 2: But up next you're Otani, you rewind An, we'll visit with sports and at LA's Kirston Watson. That is all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Jackie Robinson Day.
Speaker 3: First pitch of seven ten. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kase's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Nowork It's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Todgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers play, host of the Colorado Rockies, Landon Neck and Ryan Feltner.
Speaker 3: The pitching match up.
Speaker 2: First pitch from Dodger Stadium, coming up at seventen.
Speaker 1: This is the ree why he's.
Speaker 4: Tied with his teammate Kyle Freeland for the most allowed in Major League Baseball so far, and he's just giving up another one. As Otani reached for an outside curveball, pulled it to right field.
Speaker 5: That's down for a basit.
Speaker 4: And a lead off single, and Zattila doesn't want to throw it in there again. Targets set outside. There it goes, and he hits it high and deep the center field. His PAW's back.
Speaker 7: He has gone a home run.
Speaker 4: Show, Hey Tony his fifth of the season. Oh, what a majestic blast to dead center field for show Hey Otani and the Dodgers leading.
Speaker 2: Three nothing Show Hey Otani goes three for five with the home run drives in a run. It was home run number five on this season for show Hey. As the Dodgers beat the Rockies last night five to three.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston now joins us for Dodgers standing and brought to by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents are standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car. Today and today April fifteenth, Jackie Robinson Day a special day certainly around the world of baseball and professional sports, and the Dodgers today had a little gathering at his statue.
Speaker 8: Kirston, Yeah, with visiting Jackie Robinson day to day that he broke the color barrier. It means so much to society as a whole. But when you look at the Dodgers organization, the organization that Jackie played for, that he broke the color barrier with it's on a whole nother level, and so the Dodgers take a lot of pride in that. So today actually, of course we have the statue at Centerfield Plaza. So today, just like every year, the Dodgers and the visiting teams that being the Rockies, they came together. But this year they had a few special guests and one of them was Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Kareem was someone who had a relationship with Jackie. He actually the reason he went to UCLA is because Jackie wrote him a letter saying he felt that that was the right school for him to attend. And he shared a story of just the first time he actually met him in person, the impact that he had on his basketball career, and also just the impact he's had on society and what it means to have been a man back then but also to be a man today, and so understanding that these moments in the players who are all here today in their lives, it's bigger than them and the impact they can have on society is huge, and Joe just to continue to keep that in mind. So it was a really special day. Even Dave Roberts when he spoke to the media about Jackie Robinson Day, he said, you know it, it hits you as an athlete, of course, and as a person of color and someone who was playing this game that Jackie played. But when you put on a Dodger's uniform and it has that forty two on it, and you see everything that he did to allow for people of color to be in this position, whether it's on the field or off the field. Just in society, it's it's huge. So it's a special day for all of the players who get to just wear forty two on their backs, and for the Dodgers, I think it just there's a little bit more so even today. Actually they don't be in the Brooklyn Dodgers hats, and I'll give you a lot of information there, but they will be in the Brooklyn Dodgers hats and they have yeah, Jackie signats underneath. So it's gonna be a fun one tonight.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Special day for the Dodgers, and certainly special day around baseball. Curious that we appreciate it still to come here on Morongo because you know, Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup taman Vasago's one on one with Michael Kopek.
Speaker 3: But up next, we'll get.
Speaker 2: You an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's a Dodgers and Rockies on Jackie Robinson Day, first pitch to seven ten. I'm Tim Kason's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio that one.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies, Game two of this three game set Marongo Casino, where Dodgers on Deck continues as he leads up to first pitch Morongo Casino Resort and spa a grand slam for a good times landing knack on the mound. In tonight's matchup, first pitch coming up at seven ten, it's the.
Speaker 1: LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 2: Present of my UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers to asker Hernandez. Still bothered by the sickness, The Dodgers have Blake Snell on the injured list with the left shoulder inflammation he threw yesterday. Throwing tomorrow in Oklahoma City. Yes, Clayton Kershaw making a minor league rehab appearance in the Dodgers Triple A team, his first since returning from off season toast surgery.
Speaker 3: Its head back out.
Speaker 2: To Dodgers stated he'd been checking out the Dodgers skipper A.
Speaker 5: Questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts?
Speaker 8: With Dave Roberts last year during the postseason, you talked about just how you were able to kind of take a step back and as you've just been around this game for even longer, learned to appreciate different moments. With Jackie Robinson day, when did you really kind of learn to appreciate what it meant to be in a Dodger's uniform to represent all that he meant just to this game.
Speaker 1: And to this moment.
Speaker 9: Wow, that's a great question. I think that's just, you know, it's one of those things that it's I don't think it really landed with me until I got to the big leagues and I got to wear number forty two. I think that I'd like to think all of us have had our moments where we realize that things are bigger than ourselves, right, And so when I got to wear forty two with the Dodgers a little bit, and he felt like I was Jackie Robinson on first base. And then I got to really appreciate, as I've gotten older and you get more wise and experience the sacrifice sacrifices that he made and how fortunate I was to play major league baseball. So it was when I got to the big leagues wearing number forty two, then really trying to do a deeper dive on Jackie Robinson, and then getting to know Sharon and Rachel and David, and then I could kind of kind of came full circle for me.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Dave Roberts down the dug out talking about Jackie Robinson today and what it means for him. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check out what David Vaz says. We leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies or pitch set for seven to ten on Tim Katson's World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Ma Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies Game two of this three game set. Landing back and Ryan Feldner the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers between the two coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 3: First pitch at seven.
Speaker 1: Ten, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 2: This is Dodger insider David Bai all right, DV Jackie Robinson Day, Dave robers who heard from him. He took the team out to the statue in two thirty and you were there with him, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's always special and it's been a tradition for the last I don't know, nine Jackie Robinson days. You know, when the Dodgers first unveiled that Jackie Robinson statue, there was no center field plazis, so it was on the third base reserve entry area. And once they renovated that centerfield plas and put that Jackie Robinson statue out there as the centerpiece, it became a little bit more special of a day to not only had that statue there, but to have the Dodger players and Dave Roberts go out there and then start to invite the team the Dodgers were playing to go out there and over the years, they've had some very special speakers. Today it was the great Kareem Abdul Jabbar, who obviously carried on the legacy of Jackie Robinson by being an activist and a scholar in a lot of different ways. And I had a chance to catch up with the Basketball Hall of Famer after he addressed the Dodgers and Rockies there, Kaima, what did it mean to be here for this day and to be able to be asked to speak with how much Jackie and the Dodgers meant to you.
Speaker 10: Well, it's great to be here on this day, especially because he was a hero of mine from day one, you know, when I became aware of him, and it was a good choice for me.
Speaker 7: What did you remember about that moment where you met Jackie for the first time with Bill.
Speaker 10: I was totally surprised because it was about the dinner, was about the rookie of the year and what was he doing there? And later on I found out that he lettered in basketball at UCLA, basketball, baseball, track and field, and football. Well, it means that Jackie had an idea of what we had to confront. We had to confront segregation, and in many ways we're still confronting it, but it's worth it, and it certainly makes people respect us as a country when they see that there is some tension there and that good people are trying to do the right thing.
Speaker 7: That was the great Kareem abdul Jabbar, who was the centerpiece of the moment out there at two thirty this afternoon at the Jackie Robinson statue, Tim and can you believe Jackie Robinson made his Major league debut on April fifteenth, nineteen forty seven. Kareem abdul Jabbar, then known as Leu al Sinder, was born the day after April sixteenth, nineteen forty seven.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 2: And the two great UCLA greats, Jackie Robinson and Kareem abdul Jabbar. Thank you, David. Appreciate that. David driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like his choices, fine yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this mark can only be called F one fifty David. It'll be back in just a little bit with Michael Kolpek that's coming up in a little for fifteen minutes, we'll hear from Rick Monday. Coming up, we got your prize picks double Play of the Day. But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment, also with Jackie Robinson. It's Jackie Robinson Day on this April fifteenth Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 3: First pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network TI.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack On, the official home of LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Base Dodgers and Rockies on this Tuesday nights, Landon Neck and Ryan Feldner the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 5: I do all that hot dog? Who wants the hot Dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Magical presented by Hawfy hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, today's Jackie Robinson Day, no doubt about that. We go back to October fifteenth, though nineteen seventy two, before Game two of the World Series between the A's and the Reds, Jackie Robinson throughout the first pitch, spoke to the crowd on what was then the twenty five year anniversary of breaking the color barrier.
Speaker 11: I would just like to say that I was really just a spoke in the wheel of the success that we had some twenty five years ago, and personally want to say thank you to a great captain, a guy who was the leader of our ball club and who really set.
Speaker 5: The pace in many many areas see weee. Thanks so much for being here today.
Speaker 11: I would like to also say that I would be a real, real pleasure if mister Rickey could have been here with us today. But to the members of the family, my entire in love and gratitude for the things that he's done over the years. And I also want to say how pleased I am that my family can be here this afternoon, and to thank baseball for the tremendous opportunities that it has presented to me, and also for this thrilling afternoon. I'm extremely proud and pleased to be here this afternoon, but must admit I'm going to be tremendously more pleased and more proud when I look at that third base coaching line one day and see a black face managing in baseball.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: That was Jackie Robinson before Game two of the nineteen seventy two World Series. Jackie, unfortunately would pass away nine days later, on October twenty fourth, nineteen seventy two. This Hafee Magical moment brought to you by Haffey Hot Talks, Haffey Sokow's local Treasure for nearly one hundred years, Offee Hot Dogs, Local and so great. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check out Rick Monday and we'll get you your Prize Picks Double Play of the Day. Don't go anywhere, Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Tuesday night, says the home stand continues, landing neck on the mound.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up, it's seven ten.
Speaker 4: Got him with the two for one, hard shot to third, drove us the second on the first.
Speaker 5: Double What double toll tis?
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks Double Play of the Day.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 2: Download the Prize Picks app and use the promo code go Blue when you download it and get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's go blue. When you sign up, all you do is pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to up to two thousand times your cash. Whether it's strikeouts, RBI's first in he runs, walks on bases. Pick more or less at prize picks. Join me in playing and use the code go blue when you sign up.
Speaker 3: Here's some picks for.
Speaker 2: Tonight, Land and Neck. More or less five strikeouts. I'm gonna go less than five strikeouts for Land and Neck. Hope he has a good outing, but less than five strikeouts. More or less half a walk for Max Monsey had two of them last night. Feels like he's trying to get on base anyway possible. Max Munsey more than a half a walk into night's game. Dodgers and the Rockies prize picks again.
Speaker 3: Use the code go blue. Prize picks.
Speaker 1: Run your game and now joined by David bas saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Rick.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers were back on the winning side of things last night, but certainly wanting more after last night's game and leaving ten men on base.
Speaker 6: I have to ask you this because the night before I made a comment that you normally get more phone calls oddly enough when the Dodgers lose. How are the calls last night?
Speaker 4: Rick?
Speaker 5: There were not too many people calling last night.
Speaker 6: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 7: And if they would have lost, the sky would have been falling last night?
Speaker 6: Again? Yes, again, yes, as it has been well. On the road trip it fell a lot, didn't it.
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: And I guess you had that unique perspective of being a Dodger that defended a championship the following year in nineteen eighty two. Did your team feel the expectations of what you guys accomplished the year before?
Speaker 6: David, I think anytime, and regardless of the business, let's look at it from a business standpoint. You have a restaurant, a bar, a printing press, radio station, whatever it is, you're rated up there, up on top. Everybody wants a part of you because they're trying to figure out what it is that you do that's special, unique to where either you get the most attention, or you the most games, or you win the most pennants, or have postseason playing. So yes, they're being scrutinized every time they turn around. If you look at all the periodicals they were written during the off season, it was about this team. I referred to them in spring turning the very first day last year, the very first day this year as being perceived as the Goliath of baseball. And last year David did not show up to slay Goliath. And in my estimation, Goliath during the off season got bigger, stronger, and better for this year. But they still have to win on the field. And right now everybody's looking at San Diego. San Diego is not going to go away. They have a good ball club. I think the team that's in question is the San Francisco Giants. Not to take away what they've done so far, they've done a Marvel's job. I don't think the Giants will be there in the one to two spot when all the dust settles at the end of the year.
Speaker 5: So the Giants won't be slaying the Giants Goliath.
Speaker 6: No. You know what is weird today is the anniversary if you look at it for nineteen fifty eight, that the Dodgers played their first Major League game on the West Coast and it was against the Giants at Seal Stadium in San Francisco, and it was Don Drysdale and the Dodgers got shut out. So this is an anniversary, and the biggest anniversary is Jackie Robinson Day. Not just in baseball, but I think if we're looking at society, this was an impactful day, not just in the baseball world, but I think in the world itself.
Speaker 5: No doubt.
Speaker 7: And you had such a close relationship with one of Jackie's teammates, Don Newcomb. What do you remember Don and Knuwke telling you about Jackie in just that period of time.
Speaker 6: I think the strength that Jackie had and Rachel had his wife because they had to go through a lot. We will never know the depth of what they went through individually. It was also shared by his teammates and in their families too, because I know in some of the fantasy camps we would have teammates of Jackie kind of share with us the fact that they all shared in this area. This was a statement that was made not just by the Dodgers. It was made by baseball. It was made by society, and it took too long to make that statement, but it was made, and it wasn't just Jackie out there alone. He had some people around him at the time. And for Branch Ricky to understand who it was decarried the cross, if you will, for that very first game. He picked the right man, and he also picked the right family because a very gracious woman, Rachel Robinson, was right there by his side.
Speaker 5: No doubt. Without Rachel, there is no Jackie, right.
Speaker 6: Ricky, Yeah, exactly. And I think Jackie would talk about that a great deal. And we have seen over the years Rachel just continued to represent the Robinson family too at the Heights. Just unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Rick If I remember the conversations he used to have with Tommy Davis. Did Tommy tell the story that Jackie actually recruited him when he was deciding who to sign with.
Speaker 6: Ye, he was trying to figure out who he was going to sign with and if he was going to sign and the phone rang in his house and they picked it up and it was Jackie Robinson calling. He goes, as far as I'm concerned, that did it so unt sealed and delivered right there?
Speaker 5: That would do it for me too.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine that? I mean, it's amazing it's amazing what happens, and you look at it. I never really knew Jackie. I ran into him here and was introduced and shook his hands, and when he was being honored here at Dodgers Stadium many many years ago, obviously, but he had an aura about him that was just he didn't ask for it, he didn't demand it. It was there.
Speaker 5: Interesting stuff.
Speaker 7: Rick, thanks a lot for sharing, and we'll check back with you and Tim Nevertt and can't wait to hear your Jackie Robinson Day stories and experiences throughout the years.
Speaker 6: Well, if you don't get calls when the Dodgers win, I hope you don't get one call tonight.
Speaker 7: That's right, it's another win, A good day to win on Jackie Robinson Day. Thanks Rick, Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks a lot, DV. Thank you Mo.
Speaker 2: That's the Dodgers Game PN brought to you by the California Community Colleges. Financial aids available to help you with tuition books and you have sometimes even the rent Dodger fans the time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, We're gonna preview this pitchy matchup with landonck on the mound. Stephen Nelson, Well, he's gonna be back with Tim neffertt Rick Monday. They had the keys to the game up next and high and tight. Michael Kofik, that's all coming up, Dodgers Rockies first pitch of seven to ten of Tim Kakeson's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies, Game two of this three game set. Dodgers won the series opener last night, five to three. Landon Knack looking to piggyback with Dustin made did last night. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen She hand crafted sushi on your way to the game.
Speaker 3: You know enjoyed listening to it watching it. How about some.
Speaker 2: Zench hand crafted sushi for you and the family, made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion and a tradition. You can taste tuna, rolls, salmon, roles, Tempura shrimp roles.
Speaker 3: They got poke bulls.
Speaker 2: Find Zen sheet near the deli counter at Ralphs Zen she hand crafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy shave.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 7: It is Jackie Robinson Day at Dodger Stadium. And I'm joined right now by one of those bullpen dogs that helped the Dodgers win the World Series last year. And it was his first experience wearing the forty two in a Dodger uniform on Jackie Robinson Day. And that's the great Michael Kopek. Michael, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 12: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: What was it like for you?
Speaker 7: I mean, you've been in Major League Baseball with a couple of other teams on Jackie Robinson Day, But what was it like for you to experience what you did at the statue?
Speaker 12: I mean, I think Jackie Robinson Day in general was just like a really special day to baseball. You know, it shows you know, not only the history of our country and the growth of this game all in one, but it encapsulates a great player breaking through that. But you know, wearing forty two on your back, you know, in a different uniform, it doesn't hit quite as hard as wearing it in the Dodger blue. And then it's cool we have the Brooklyn hat today. But yeah, being out there hearing how close kareem story is to Jackie, not not in similarities, but how close their their relationship actually overlapped. And then just to be able to experience, you know, the emotions of that and what it felt like to have you know, Dodger family and actually jack Robinson's family here, it was just really cool. It's really special. So I was happy to be a part of it.
Speaker 7: You have so many different backgrounds in that clubhouse. Do you believe what Kareem said and what Jackie Robinson day means resonates with everybody, no matter what their background is.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Absolutely. You know, I think that we live in a much different generation than then, but in you know, all things considered, that wasn't that long ago. Yeah, So to have you know, such a diverse clubhouse and the talents of this game being of all different nationalities, all different colors, and all different backgrounds, I think kind of you know, is a testament to what he did to you know, his bravery.
Speaker 7: How much did you know about Kareem Abdul Jabbar before today and just his connection to the Brooklyn Dodgers.
Speaker 12: His connection to to to baseball in general. I didn't really know about, but to the Dodgers and too, you know, to hear that he said that Jackie actually sent him a letter, Yeah it is. You know, that's that's pretty cool. And to see the impact that that he made in the world through through his platform and what he was able to do, and that stemming from from Jackie Robinson. When it seems like he had already reached so many people, he found a way to reach even more through Kareem and bil Jabbar. It's just it's it's kind of mind blowing.
Speaker 7: Michael Kopek is our guest. Once all the speeches were done at the Jackie Robinson statue, Michael got back to business of pitching and I saw you throwing. You went out to throw a bullpen session. What can you share with us about where you're at physically?
Speaker 12: I feel great. I think that it's kind of a long road back, just you know, you know, building up, you know, whether whether you want to call it stamina or what have you, like, just just building up to be able to pitch and pitching games again is kind of a long road. So it's only my second bullpen since I had a setback, but it felt great and I think there was a lot a lot of promise in what I'm doing right now. But hopefully we can build off of that and keep going forward.
Speaker 7: When you have a day like today, is there a sense of relief that your body is responding.
Speaker 12: Yeah. I think with a game in general, there's a lot of ups and downs. You know, I'm let's say I'm healthy right now and I'm pitching. I go out there and I can feel great for one game. In the next game maybe not so good, and you have to find a way. There's a little bit of that when you're doing a rehab stant too, but you don't know if you're going to bounce back when you have a bad day and rehab, so it can be this roller coaster of emotions if you if you ride every single feeling of every single day, but to have a high day makes it that a little bit easier and you get to kind of just build off of that. Like I said, I.
Speaker 7: Have so much respect for you and for all those guys in the bullpen last year that were pushed to the limits to try to win the World Series. You guys were able to do that. I haven't talked to you about this, but what you guys did as a group is unprecedented to carry a pitching staff that far.
Speaker 3: How proud are you of that?
Speaker 7: And I mean literally left your arm out on the mound last year?
Speaker 12: Uh yeah. I think the main thing is I'm I'm incredibly grateful to be a part of a group that was that was that special. You know, whether one guy did the job every single night, or you know, somebody needed to get picked up, like, we never shied away from that, and we had a group of guys that were willing to fight that battle all the way through. And to be a part of that group and a part of guys that are just so determined to win no matter you know, what the feeling is or what the situation is like. The World Series was the end goal and site and that was what we were all working towards. So to be a part of a group that worked that hard for it, I was incredibly proud.
Speaker 7: Of Michael Kopek's name will forever be part of Dodger history, part of those bullpen dogs. And it's scary to think that the bullpen's doing so well and you and Evan Phillips haven't even thrown one pitch yet.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm really proud of those guys. I'm hoping Evan's back soon and seeming like he's getting close, so to add him to that mix, it's gonna be really cool to see. Right now, I'm just kind of watching from a little bit of a distance, but hopefully I'll start working my way back and I'll get to be part of that experience again.
Speaker 5: Can't wait.
Speaker 7: It's been so great getting to know you and just who you are, and obviously that comes out in a lot of different ways. So thank you for the time and can't wait to see you back out there.
Speaker 12: Thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: There he is the man, Michael Kopek. Love that guy. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV. Thank you, Michael Kopek.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers. Audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com. Or leading up to first pitch Dodgers Rockies. I'm Tim Kase.
Speaker 3: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies, Game two of this three game set.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at seven tens, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dinack, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Present about your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard, play hard at a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the Bold Serior Southern California Toyota dealer.
Speaker 3: Today we make it easy.
Speaker 2: Ryan Feltoner on the Mountain, twenty eight year old right hand or fourth round pick out of Ohio State in twenty eighteen. Fifth season in the Big Leagues, making his fourth start this season last time out. Six innings, one run, three hits, seven strikeouts. He's made five career starts against the Dodgers. Six appearances. He's one in two at the five to seventy nine ERA and twenty two strikeouts. He's one and one with an ERA just below six and two career starts at Dodger Stadium. Dodgers last saw Ryan felt in their last September of cours Field. He went six scoreless innings, allowed two hits, struck out three in a two to one Rockies eventual loss. Land and Knack on the Mount one to zero, but with a ten to thirty eight ERA. Twenty seven year old right hand or second round pickup the Dodgers in twenty twenty out of East Tennessee statement his major league debut last year, making his second start in third appearance this season, last time out two in the third innings, five runs, four hits, four walks, and what was a no decision against the Nationals. He got the win in Tokyo versus the Cubs last month, pitching two innings of release. Facing the Rockies for the second time in his career, he saw them last September, ironically against Ryan Feltner as they squared off against each other four innings, gave up four runs on five hits while striking out four in a no decision.
Speaker 3: Landon Nack.
Speaker 2: Ryan Feldner Dodgers Rockies for fifteen minutes away for first pitch keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Lead you out to Dodgers and Rockies as landon Mac makes the starts. When the boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house at Dodger Stadium, and they protected it last night with the five to three win. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, create and maintain defensible space starting at your house. Clear vegetation to your fencing, property line or space allows extend up to one hundred feet from your home. Ensure all combustible audibles like firewood are located thirty feet away from your home. Remove vegetation or debris from your roof, fence, windows, decks, and gutters. For more about these tips and others, visit fire dot.
Speaker 3: CA dot gov. We'll head back out to the booth. Tip never at Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 4: Tim, thanks again the key tonight for Land and Knack's going to be keeping the ball in the ballpark. He has given up twenty four percent of the hits that he's allowed in Major League Baseball have been home runs, so he's going to have to keep the ball in the ballpark. The Rockies do have some guys who can.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they have some guys that hit it out, and they have some guys that are a little bit mad out of the color They're three and thirteen. They desperately want to turn things around. One thing that the Dodgers did last night offensively, is you approach Ryan Feltner, who's going to be on the mound for Colorado his fourth start. Dave Roberts was saying, look, we started to really manage a batt's better last night and not expanding the zone. Hopefully that takes place again tonight.
Speaker 4: A couple of pitching notes Dave Roberts a short time ago announcing that Bobby Miller will be called up from Triple A to start tomorrow night's game opposite Herman Marquez of the Rockies in the series finale. Also, Clayton Kershaw will pitch tomorrow. It'll be morning nine am Pacific time as he pitches for Oklahoma City in what they call a education day or a school day, where they start the game at eleven o'clock Central time tomorrow. So Clayton kershe will be back on the mound in Triple A tomorrow. Landon Neck and Ryan Feltner pitching matchup tonight, Rockies and Dodgers.
Speaker 5: First pitch around the corner.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, thanks very much, guys. Landing Neck toes the rubber when we come back.
Speaker 2: This has been Morocco Casino. Dodgers on deck, first pitch. Next, I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio knowwork