Speaker 1: Hello there, and welcome back.
Speaker 2: What is this place as connected disconnected?
Speaker 1: It's connected reached the number that has been disconnected.
Speaker 3: Hello there, and welcome back to the disconnected. I have been, we'll say, kind of busy over the last six months, and I've been wanting to come back with some interviews that are a little more short formed than what I used to do quite often. And some of the things that I want to highlight is other YouTubers that I feel like people should be watching for film and or physical media, and one of them is my friend Chuck Here. I'll just say it right off the bat, everybody, before you hear another words, you go click on the button to subscribe, go over to his channel, open that in another tab, and then when you get done here learning all about them, go put twelve of those videos in your watch later playlists and enjoy them. Chuck, thanks for hanging out with me tonight.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you. I really appreciate it. I say before, I'm I'm very honored that you even give me reach out, and you know, offered or asked me to do this interview. And beyond here, I never would have imagined in a million years I'd be doing stuff like this, so thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Well, I got like a main thesis that we're going to talk about that I mentioned in the very first time I reached out, and we'll get to that in a little bit. But first, I feel like people got to know you before we get into the head of your stuff. So how about you tell people about who you are as a person before we get to the film stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm one of the older guys on here. For all the people I've seen them doing physical medeia on YouTube, I realize I'm one of the old guys. I just turned fifty back in March. I do have two kids at you know, ten and almost fifteen, so that's you know, crazy. But you know, I've always had a thing for movies since i was a little kid, you know, younger than them. Honestly, just and I talk about it on a video, which I think is when I probably got your attention. Just kind of my quote unquote origin story. I just I've was my mom, do you take me to the movies as a kid on a regular basis? And I just kind of grew up with that. And you know, I grew up in during the eighties, which to me was such a great time to grow up in the videos era, so you know, movies on a weekend was a big thing. And I just it's funny because I talk about in the video. I never thought I was a collector, but I guess over time I was collecting it, I realized. It wasn't until like twenty twenty one I realized, hey, I'm a collector now, even though I had like a thousand some movies at that point, but I was just buying liked it, you know. So it's that's kind of me. I mean, I love I don't have any particular genre. I like pretty much movies or movies.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I love Oscar Winners, I love schlock and everything in between. I you know, I even talked about adult films on my channel for Aching Over, of course, but you know, to me, in films film, good, bad, and everything in between. That is one of the reasons why I wanted to talk to you, because there's so many people that do this that they seem to buy only one type of thing or only watch one type of thing. And yeah, we all listen everybody that does this. We all love horror movies, but we all can't just talk about horror movies.
Speaker 3: All the time because it gets so and when you can go specifically in your channel to three three different videos and get three starkly different genres, it's somebody that I want to be able to talk to because they clearly enjoy a lot of different things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is something I had noticed when I first, you know, started watching other media collect physical media collectors, that the majority of it was you know, horror cult kind of stuff, which I guess is the easy thing to really talk about. I mean that's the widest ranger you know people not people are going and talking about, you know, the nineteen twenty seven Wings Oscar Best Winter, Best Picture, that's side of the film. So yeah, it's definitely the comfortable aspect, I guess, And which is you know how I really what got me in because I talked about on that video. It was the Friday the thirteenth box set from Scream that came in. I was like, cause I love Friday the thirteenth. It's like, Okay, this comes in, I'm gonna talk about. And before that, it's like I was listening to podcasts and it's like I really want to do something, you know. I started with compbook. I'm a big combo cooking for a while and I've been listening to combo podcasts and I found movie podcasts, and these guys are all talking about this stuff and it's really cool. I'm like hearing these conversations. I'm not really having them with them, but I'm in my mind kind of going back and forth with these guys and like, how do I do that? How can I talk to somebody or you know, talk about what I like? And I at the time, I didn't really have the ability or knowledge or no how er equipment to put together a podcast, and I always wanted to do something like that. And then when YouTube came along and started watching that, I was like, I'm sorry seeing some of these guys like you know, Christian Hannah, Horror Pizzol, all these guys, and I was like, that's really cool. I could do that. I just don't know how. But when that boxes, Okay, this is this is, this is I'm gonna take the I'm gonna do this. Of course, you know at that time, well I should have known there's everybody's going to do that. You know, it's that big thing, But you know, I want to put my take on it as best they could, and those early videos are rough. I'm moving for a laptop. They got the fish either's. I'm still working, not that my videos are like high class now, but I'm still either all from a phone. I'm still doing the basic kind of editing this to get by, you know, but that was kind of my thing. And then after a while is because start off with just okay, here's the movies I got, and then I started what I want to talk about this. I like these movies, and you know, this is my chance to you know, branch out. I thought it'd be interesting too because Vinegar Syndrome had you know, were slinging four K adult films like who does that? And these are classics. I mean they're in their film Like I talked about my very first vide about that just because it's born doesn't mean you can't be good, right, and you know, so I'll do this and see how it goes. And surprisingly some of those got you know, really big views, which I don't know I says about everybody else, but you know, uh like even because I did on a mini series I call it's like cinema after dark is what I kind of call it.
Speaker 1: And it's funny.
Speaker 2: I think my highest uh, my most popular video is me talking about Felicity. It's got like over so many thousands of years, which blows my mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Flicity is a classic. Yeah, just and simple. The the minute ago, you just said, uh, going to the movies with your mom. Do you feel like she treated that as just like a fun thing or did you feel like it was important to her?
Speaker 2: I think in some ways a little booth, but not like important like I want to teach him, but movies. It was more like she was just she was a single mother. It was just me and her, and uh, it was something for she and I do. And that a movie theater was when I lived in Michigan, was like a block away from the house, so we could. It was in walking distance. So it's like every Friday Saturday night we walk to the movies. And it was a single movie, a single screen theater. Wow, like an old theater from what she tells me. And I don't remember because I wasn't paying, but she said there was like a dollar you know ticket. Somebody was really cheap, so I doubt it was like probably first run. I don't know, but because I saw Star Wars there, you know, I saw Raiders, The Lost Start, a lot of these classic tron you know, all the movies in you know that little theater. Uh. I remember we'd go across the street. They had like a fish and chicken restaurant. I can't know what it's called, but that's what we do. But that was kind of the regular thing. And again not thinking anything of it, but I would have seen these movies and as a kid, they would kind of leam onto me and I would just you know, back then, obviously you had no home video. They wanted to be all you saw the movie that was it is all in your mind from that point. And I would play these movies out as a kid, you know, just being the characters. I would buy the novelization so I could relive the movie and I would read that. That's how I learned to read at such an early age, because I was a prolific reader, and it was because of those and I would could hear the characters voices in my head. I would read them out loud in those voices, and that's how it entertained myself. And it just it's like I got a bug without really knowing I was getting it. It wasn't one thing she was doing. She just took me in. That was it. And then of course we had HBO. I would see movies at that time. HBO played the same movie like five times a day, so you did see all the times. So that's why I saw a lot of those. Yeah. And then I went to the library and I found books on like universal horror films.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I learned about you know, Boris call Off, Lawn Chaney and all these classics. And that's kind of how that started, just learning about somewhat of a history of film, you know.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Uh the novelizations is a part of the pun, but like a novel thing for a lot of people in this community. Yeah, hear a lot about them. Did you did you mostly stick to ones that you'd already seen the film for did you branch out to ones that were brand new to you?
Speaker 2: I think I primage primarily stuck to what I knew because I wasn't looking for anything and this, Oh it's Star Wars, we get that, or you right, Starbucker or stuff like that. Uh, So that's primarily what it was. I mean I had a few I think I got like Conan and the Barbarian Bad and see the movie because Mom would let me see Conyan that's too much. But I remember having that book. I don't know if I actually read it though, but I remember having the book.
Speaker 3: Do you remember like the first novelization that got you into it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, I want to say probably with Star Wars? Nice because as a kid, I was born in seventy.
Speaker 1: Five, so you are the demographic.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was a Star Wars was my sweet spot. I mean, as a kid, that was the first big thing I remember was you know, I was born just before Jaws came out, you know, but yeah, star Wars. I remember that Christmas, you know, probably not the only I didn't get the mail away none of that stuff. But I don't remember hav any Christmas of Star Wars stuff. But yeah, Star Wars was my thing up until, you know, probably eighty forty five, and you know, it helped me through some dark times.
Speaker 1: That is great.
Speaker 3: First theatrical experience do you do you have like fond memories of that very first one?
Speaker 1: Do you remember it? Man?
Speaker 2: I can't. I couldn't tell you my very first theatrical experiences.
Speaker 1: I have some.
Speaker 2: I have a couple of movies that I have very fond memories of one of my most fond memories and this has to do with my dad. And I've talked about this a few times on my channel also. But my dad, you know, him and my mom weren't, you know, together, It was a mutual thing, it was anything like that. But he and I were never really close. But I don't remember one specific Saturday, he took me out, we had lunch. He bought me this little die Cast Buddy and Falcon, which was so cool. I really love that. But hit me see Flash Gordon and Yeah and that to that day. I love that movie to this day. And just like last year, I got to take my son to see it in the theater, which was like, really you know, full circle experience for me. And it's I almost get emotional talking about now because it was so cool to think, you know, that my dad took me to see that, and then I was able to take my son to see it. So it's really cool. And he loved it too, which was awesome, you know, and we both love clean.
Speaker 1: Did you find a die Cast Star Wars thing for one of the new movies?
Speaker 2: If I wanted to, I could not afford it at this time, as opposed to nineteen eighty.
Speaker 3: The new ones that are only like fifteen dollars because they're cranking out cheap shit for the new movies. I mean, that's it's so cool to to just hear how so many of us had all these different experiences with theaters at not necessarily the exact same time, but like formidable experience is that will shape memories that you can relive with your own kids, that you are looking back on and say, you know, when I watch Star Wars now, this is one of those core memories that I go back to and like can feel the air that I felt that day, or smell the nasty ass popcorn and this tiny Michigan theater that you went to. What were the audiences like back then in this tiny Michigan theater?
Speaker 2: Pretty civil? I don't really call any again as a little kid, am I really focusing? Man? It's they could have been chaos for all I could remember, But I don't want to call any you know, unrealized every was pretty much come in, you sat down, you watch the movie. It was all pleasant, you know, obviously know it was on a phone. No one was screaming, people were in on time. What's my biggest cut team, especially now that you have reserve seats, I think you should you know, which, actually that's probably why they come in Lake as they figured their seats always there.
Speaker 3: Well, that we're showing twenty five minutes of previews first, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, that is so Yeah. We went to see Superman the weekend and IMAXI. Yeah, the movies schedule to start twelve forty five was probably like one ten is all previous.
Speaker 1: Just when we went to.
Speaker 3: When we went to F one, I timed it because I was curious because these last two times it felt extra long. F one had thirty two minutes of things before the movie started.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, that's crazy. You know, I love a good you know, watching trailers. I love trailers. But you know, there's the point where let's get the movie, right, I am me, it's spend money. I'm spending. Let's get to the movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah that you know, we're seeing four trailers and then they're playing a couple of ads. They're doing like three things for the theater. You're already in. You don't need to sell me. I'm here, right, yeah, exactly, exactly. Uh so let's get to your channel, like what, uh, what do you tell people your channels about what what is the mission statement.
Speaker 1: Of your channel?
Speaker 2: That's a damn good question because the missions date was basically just me getting off my ass and doing something right. It's really what it was. Like I kept saying I want to do this, I who want to do it, and it was kind of my catalyst just to do it. And over time it's it's kind of just been like I said. First, it was just you know, hey, I got this cool thing like you talked about before, and I'm you know, which is how it started. But you know, I'm trying to get a little bit better. I've never found myself of being a good reviewer. I don't know, because I'm not the harshest critic unless it's completely awful, you know. So I don't know how I can't get all the technical specs like a lot of people do, you know, with color grading, I was like, this looks good, so I know, you know, but I tried to do that. But I also in some cases away from just like new releases, I've tried to get more to you. Okay, well, like I have some VHS stuff I'll look back and just kind of, you know, here's what I had a kind of a memory. I went through some uh my collection of TV sitcoms, and you know how I like those I talked about recently, I did a little video on two movies about the driving because all the driving, and I talked about those, you know, and again, you know, I kind of do these more adult films because who else to do with knows and just talk about them because they're still films, and you know, I basically just kind of me just talking to somebody, hoping someone's listening to my opinions or my thoughts. And this recollections because that's kind of the things I gravitate more to, yeah, is you know, the discussions of the film and how did it make you feel? What's you know, what do you like to do you have a memory of it that sticks with you or you know something along those lines. You know, I have a video I talk about the Last and Aeric Version, which is my favorite eighties film, and I talk about, you know, my history with it, my love of Diane Franklin, which I have an autograph picture of it right here under my last American version poster. But those kind of things, you know, that just what resonates with me and hopefully doesn't resonate with you, can you you know, relate those kinds of things. That's and also I'm just still trying to figure out as I go. Yeah, you know, I'm trying to think of new things. What can I do? And I'm surprised I've been able to make it as long as I have.
Speaker 1: You do great stuff show and that that.
Speaker 2: Means like because I'm never quite sure. I mean, I I I would feel I see everybody else's you know, stuff, and it's like so good, so polished. I'm like, I'm doing what I can and I'm proud of it. I'll be wrong, but I'm like, I'm also I'm the I'm the old guy coming in here and trying to keep up with these you know, younger guys. You're just doing all flashy and hell ustims have they have time to do this stuff? I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I wish, I believe me.
Speaker 3: Uh, some of these people that do literally a video every day, I want to like take outside and strangle and just beg for them to give me some of their free time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The most ideal with that was my son because every now and I have my son on the videos with me. Chris, you know, which I try and push him, and he's kind of He's more music guy. He loves his music and a gamer, but he'll you know, I think he'll watch what mus to hang out with me. Well, well, we've had a couple of videos. I'm here with him talking stuff like I had him his first time he saw me Able to tell cop. You know, Keewe's big adventure the original Super marber Is because he's a big Super mar bergst fan, which he absolutely loved. By the way, he loved that movie that was so cool, which I also love because he's not jaded. Everything him is like he was entertaining. It's fun. I'm not it's fine. You know, he's not comicacurate, but it was still fun as hell. He loved it. But we also have, for instance, of shared love of all things Titanic, which was as a kid when he was real little. He I don't want to change it off too much, but he said heard about it. I said, well, you know what this is and he said, no, I just heard it. I explained to him. But he got fascinated right away. He was probably like six or seven, and he he got the movie out the ninety seven Titanic and watched it as a seven year old three hour movies. Not he watched all the extras and I mean he was as fascinating. He will watch me over and over again. So no, and he least did the research. He's read. You know, he and I were reading a night to remember. He just it was like the one thing we really on. That was how we started learning how to read. I take him to We saw the four K three year restoration anniversary. We did videos on talking about that release. But for the anniversary this year, I decided we would watch every theatrical Titanic film. Wow, and we did it. I was like weekly count down up to the anniversary, starting with like nineteen thirty, like a German version of Titanic, which we just sit down and watch it and you know, him and I just discuss it and have a few laughs or whatever. And it's also a time for he and I us to hang out, which is what I love doing anything. And you know, if he gets some kind of exposure and enjoys the film even better. So but that's something we did. That's, you know, the one thing I was able to put in a can and like you know, have it set up to release, you know weekly, that's the one I'd be able to do that. And that's like I record it and then I'm like, you know, I'm gonna try it, end it tomorrow. If I get it and pushed out, maybe the next day. It's on the fly. It's very hard to you know, pre plannety thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, believe me, I know.
Speaker 3: Unbeknownst to you, these last couple of answers have kind of been the perfect transition. So I kind of want to get into the main thing that I really wanted to bring up here.
Speaker 1: That is when I you know.
Speaker 3: When I'm scrolling through my subscriptions feed and I see that there's a new Chuck video. The main thing I always think back to is this feeling of desire for community, desire for I mean literally, like you just said, somebody to bounce these things back off of. And what's crazy is so many people that look at others that have like a YouTube channel or a podcast, they think you're just able to talk to all these people about that's pretty cool. The reality is a lot of this is very isolating, and not even just on the creative side, but in twenty twenty five, loving movies is somehow a little isolating. Obviously, like going to the theater, you're not conversing during the movie or anything like that. But even making the conscious effort to go to a theater is not something that like a huge number in the population is doing in twenty eighty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very I agree with me, even myself, I said, we went like to the theater to see Superman. That's firstly I've been in a theater theater in years now. I go to the drive in regularly because yeah, one it's cheaper, well and also, you know, Chris and I have your you know, annual passes, so it's free. That makes something as much easier. And I just love the driving experience because they're especially have a small drive in and there's a lot of regulars, the same people when you see every day you can talk about these kinds of movies, and that's well, I love the driving experience so much because they there is that you know, that community that's there. But yeah, that's I didn't, really, like, I said, know what my thing was until I said, late in my twenties, you know, run somewhere when I was getting all these movies, and because I just liked the movies. People like, oh my god, you've seen every movie ever made. No I haven't, but thanks anyway, I get that all the time. It's not true. Or you own every movie. No I don't, but you know, uh yeah, it's like I never you know, all my friends, which are great, but they're all gamers. Yeah, they love board They what they have what I have in video or movies, they have in board games. Shelves full of board games and sitting around the head, you know. And that's it. So I've got nothing, no one to really discuss. And I still when I was watching the videos on YouTube and I see people, all these different people talking and I would you know notice that some would you know talk to other people and other channels and they bounce them. It's like it's a little comunity, which thought was kind of cool. And I just, like I said, me and just wanted to get out there and talk about it somewhere. Maybe no one's listening, but I'm getting it out for myself. Maybe someone's listening. That's great too. I just, you know, wanted to discuss. It's all bothering and who do I talk to you about that? We've got no one. Yeah, I hear, I said, I hear a conversation. I'm like, I'm having a conversation back and forth with someone who's not listening. But I'm it's like they're saying something I can chime, Oh yeah this, Oh yeah, I don't talk about here. I can't agree. But you know who do I talk you here?
Speaker 1: Just no?
Speaker 2: But my wife will like whatever, I gotta go. She's not gonna listen. I forced my kids and they just you know, they try, but yeah, that's you know, what I've really enjoyed is, you know, I watched these other YouTubers and I've got a sense of other community. I mean, I don't I've interacted with a few here and they're just like comments, which is to me, is cool. If they've even acknowledged me, that's awesome, you know, my little small you know channel, that's cool. And I enjoyed that. I like, I like them lut because it's I feel like it's I don't want to say, like a save space sounds stupid, but you know it's you can just say what you want and it's okay. You know, you can laugh a while. You know your life. You're just like, no one's gonna like go, oh, what do you do? Because my problem I see a lot too, is you have elitists on both sides.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, times, you know.
Speaker 2: You have the the people who are like, oh, I like these high end movies and other stuff is trash, and the other people who love the trash and the other stuff is to touch just crap. You know. I'm still were in that middle, and I can like it all and that's what I enjoy. We talked about, you know, so many channels are just a lot of horror cult based. It's hard to find anything well rounded. And that's what I try to be to meet everybody some of the people, please do I like to just make everybody happy. If you're gonna, you know, whatever they I can find that they're enjoying. It's not just horror, but it's something, you know, I may talk about, you know, great horror, you know video Nasty Women, and then I talk about the Wizard of Oz nex so right, yeah.
Speaker 3: And then Vinegar Syndrome, Classic adult IRONICAX.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah. Check out my sext world. It was in honor of Kate Procker's passion, which was great because I love Kate Procker.
Speaker 3: So the the community side, this is where I feel like a hypocrite because I, uh, I do a lot of my my quote watching. It's most of it is listening because I'm working and so I can't keep the eyes on the screen and the paperwork. Sadly, but I really want to try to force myself to maybe not comment on every single one because it doesn't always require that.
Speaker 1: But at least give give that sort of feedback.
Speaker 3: A lot of people don't understand when you're doing this, you know, five videos in a row, and you may be out of that whole thing, get like two comments. It's not necessarily discouraging, but the fact that you can reciprocate some of that energy back and just say, hey, Chuck, this is great.
Speaker 1: I had a story like that. And that means a lot to people like you and I that are doing these.
Speaker 2: It really does. And that was the thing about the you know, because I put a lot of dada, I don't want to get comments on them. And and when I do this like the same people, which is cool. I mean I always at the end of the video is always say, you know, leave a comment or just say hi. I'll always take hi. That's kind of my thing. And this is something yeah, but yeah, I had a thought. I lost it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, leaving a comment, telling a story, sharing shared experiences.
Speaker 2: Maybe oh man, it's totally blank see this, it happens at all. I just like that it went there, and I don't remember what I was going to say.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say, yeah, you are right.
Speaker 3: One of the first videos that I discovered for you, it was I don't know, there's something just so personal and relative about the way that you were speaking it. You could tell that it was not rehearsed. It was not something. Go ahead, I'll let you get get.
Speaker 2: The thought back to that. You know that video, that's yeah, one of the ones I got a lot of comments on people will you know like because the one you know, my or just to worry what will lasts for you? Has been about And that was that point because at that point it was, like I said, I was at the end of last year. I realized I was about turn fifty, yes, and you get there. A lot of things are you were in a theory head and I just wanted to and I realized I never talked about well, what I'm doing, why am I here, or where I come from? And that's what that was, just to put it out there as like, yo, it's a long video, you know, if anyone wants to hear your ramble for that long. But I got a lot of good feedback from it, which was great, you know. And then I have some videos but you know, I think this is a pretty cool topic, and then you know nothing, and then you get weird stuff like I like talked about before Felicity and it's got like sixty something, you know, a thousand views. I'm like, wow, okay. Or like I did a video just talking about the the steal book for Body Double, and you know, and I got in and you know, I was talking about how much of this movie and within like a day it shot up to over like a thousand. It was like, wow, okay, So now my personal anywhere near that, but you know.
Speaker 1: Still, yeah, and that's that's the thing.
Speaker 3: So many of these things, like you could talk about just things that we're all used to necessarily, but even just throwing in a comment as feedback or sharing a shared story can literally change the way that your your week is going sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And that's something I will try to if I'm watching you know, other videos and they're talking about you know, uh, some of their you know going like for instance, like was Christiane horror or planingh or you know Born of Your Rat I watched they do a lot of nostalgia videos, you know, bring up the beach, and that's really cool because that stuff I remember and I will comment, hey I remember this, or hey I had that in my collection too. Is pretty cool. That kind of thing and anytime they respond back and that's cool, you know, or you know a couple of times they've responded. You know, I did a video on Twines on the movie talking about that and I got some response on that, which I thought was cool and commenting and that's really cool. It's a great VideA to let you got that because there was a whole talk about where that DVD was still active now because of the Warner brother rot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this little comments I get is always cool. I've had a couple people talking about, you know, some of their stories with some of the films I've talked about or movies, which is anything you're sharing with me is great. And like I said, they just want to say hi, that's cool too. Any kind of engagement I'll take, you know, and I've been lucky. I haven't got anything negative to this point, so that's always a plus. Everything's always been very positive, and you know, that's a great feeling. I really do like it anytime I get I'm not a person that I tried to be a person that's watching you know, every five get he likes it. I got how many clicks I got, you know, but it's still cool. You know, it's I don't want to say your church for gratification, but in a lot of ways it is. It's it is nice.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not necessarily gratification, but even just to show that people care in a way, yeah, definitely it matters. It's an emotional connection. And the reality is it's very one sided until the viewer takes that extra step to say, hey, I'm here and I like what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Chuck, that's absolutely you know, actually absolutely right. And I've looked looked that that way, but you're right, it's very one sided. And and yeah, it's it's definitely a great feeling when you do get that comic I said, you know, when you reached out to me, I was like blown away because I'm like, I, for one, you know, I was lucky because your email got took my junkmail, so I almost didn't see and then I was like, is this for real? Because I didn't think it was for real at first. And I'm like, you must talk to me. I mean, I mean you know, so, I mean yeah, And that was like that blew me up. You know, this is like so cool. You know, I again thank you for having having me again. But yeah, that's it really was. It meant a lot. And you know, I think that my you know, personal story or whatever could reach out to somebody and and and actually to a people comment on that video, and I really appreciated that.
Speaker 3: Well, uh, I've got a couple other bigger ones, but I want to like just get get the the nerves out for a moment. So I'm gonna go through some real quick questions. No discussion here, just off the top of your head.
Speaker 1: Uh. Top three favorite movies of all time?
Speaker 2: My top favorite movie probably The Empire Strikes Back. I say, Smoking a Bandit, Nice man? Maybe Gone with the Wind?
Speaker 1: Oh, interesting choice? Interesting? All right? Uh?
Speaker 3: One movie that you've never seen in the theater that you would pay almost anything to see a rep screening.
Speaker 2: For Ooh, man, let's see, because I see a lot of them wow, is it talk? Because I've I've managed to see so many of them. I'm gonna say Last American Virgin, I don'te know what happened, but I'd love to see that because I love that movie so much. I would love to see that on a theater screen. But I mean, as far as the big ones, I've seen them all.
Speaker 3: Right, So other than the Last American Virgin, the one that you wish you could have been there on opening night.
Speaker 2: Ooh, probably the original Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Cultural moment right there all together.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's that's a good call.
Speaker 3: The movie that you are most dying to show your kids that you haven't yet.
Speaker 2: M Well, for my son, I think I really want to show him in the Breakfast Club, especially at his age right now. My daughter, I don't know yet.
Speaker 1: She's it's a good call. Go to snacks for a movie theater.
Speaker 2: Well, the obvious is popcorn, but I do like a good at the drive on, Like I get a uh, oh my gosh, it's still good. I can't remember what it's called. That's it nice?
Speaker 1: Nice? Uh.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm going to say, is the last one. And we're gonna go kind of long on this one because I really want to hear this one for you. What do you want for your YouTube channel, Chuck? Look inside? What do you want for the future. What is something that you feel like would be exactly what you've been searching for and doing this.
Speaker 2: I would like, if possible, to be able to have more moments like this, you know, being able to reach out to other YouTube tours and I mean and just have that kind of you know, back in before being able to have the conversation. I have not never done a live stream or anything like that. I don't know if I'm quite set up or have the kpabillity, but I see a lot of those. I think always fun to watch when you have a bunch of people get together and they talk, and I love that that kind of thing. I would love will do something like that, have more people just are right able to put more stuff out that people are going to connect with, whether it just be you know, uh, talking about something that's maybe obscure they don't know about it and introducing to it or to sharing you know, stories, uh, their experiences, you know what it means to them, or you know, going back and forth on that kind of kind of thing and just Uh, like I said, keeping engagement, I don't if I really have a long term plan. These kind of things I never plan. I just kind of because I don't want to. I guess I don't want to be the person that I want to make this channel huge. I want to be a big media superstar. I'm realistic about that. I'm just here, Yeah, I'm just here, you know, to talk to whoever wants to listen about these movies and whatever, you know else, like you know, my and that and it. If that interests you, if that pleases you, it makes it happy, then that's that's it for me. I'm you know, whether I I have like I just checked, like six hundred and six followers, which wow, Okay, when I first started this, I figured I didn't expect to get ten. Yeah, you know, but the fact that I got that many describers bulls of my and I'm grateful for every one of them. And if I'm entertaining you, and that's all I ever get, that's great too. As long as if I'm maintaining those people and they're following me and they're enjoying what I'm seeing or what I'm showing, then I feel accomplished. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I spent most of this talking about that connection to what what makes you feel good when people try to connect with you. So if we get I don't know, four point three million views on this video, uh, and everybody watches and says, I love Chuck, I want to go get closer to them. What kind of comments are are you looking for? What makes you? What makes you feel the most gratified?
Speaker 2: I think anytime I've had people's you know, just again say I like what you do? You know? Or you know, hey, I remember that I had this kind of fond memory of this movie too, where I remember I've had a couple of comments for certain moves where peopleill give me their big long story of their memory, which I think is so cool they share that with me, you know, those kind of things. You know, how whatever it is that I'm talking about, how it affects you or it whatever memory it may bring up, and you're willing to share. I love to hear that. And that's the kind of connections I like, you know again, sharing those experiences. What makes you know these things so special to you? Why why they're so special to me? It's why I'm sharing with you, you know, that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: I will say everybody that's watching this, since at the beginning I told you to subscribe and you already did. Obviously, when this ends, go before you go watch one of his videos, Go watch the movie the Last American Version, because most people have never seen it. Somehow it's still very underseen. And then go find a random Chuck video that has nothing to do with Last American Virsion, And just to confuse new viewers, go comment something about you watching that movie and your thoughts on that movie under all of his under all of his videos.
Speaker 1: It would be incredible.
Speaker 2: That would be great. I love that.
Speaker 1: Actually, Chuck, thank you so much for doing this.
Speaker 3: I genuinely hope that we see those six hundred numbers bump up by by hundreds more. You are just such a kind person that is clearly doing things for you know, the right reason, just wanting to share who you are in a time where, let's be honest, a lot of these a lot of these relationships that are almost turning into parasocial relationships, are losing the humanity out of this, and I think that is what brought me to you. Like a lot of your conversations are simply human and in these content forward days, I think a lot of those videos have lost their soul and you are bringing that up.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and real quick, you know, I just want to ask you, now, yeah, what how did you find me? On what exactly what drew you to me in the first I'm really curious And now.
Speaker 3: Well, there's actually a really incredible happenstance here is. I looked through my subscriptions feed. Before I watch things, I add them to my watch later so I can watch them all during the day at work. But the other thing I do is just because I watched so much, I always get recommended things. And that video was recommended, and it was in my watch later playlist, and it was something I was going to get to in like the next four days or whatever, because I'd never seen any of your videos before. And then, serendipitous, I don't know how this happened, one of my subscribers emailed me and said, you should watch this video by somebody else that I watch named Chuck, And I was like, I've already got it saved.
Speaker 1: This is incredible. I will bump it up.
Speaker 3: And so I made sure to focus on that and that first one I made sure to watch it literally like on a break from work, so I could sit and just oh, yeah, like this is great. I love that he is getting this personal and I knew that that literally that moment that I wanted to email you and try to get you on here because people people need to hear your voice, they need to hear your stories. You're you're somebody kind of like myself that is raising a couple of kids, that is doing their best to share movies with a generation that's kind of turning their back on movies and doing that in a way that is creative on YouTube as well. And I again, I appreciate that you don't just cover one genre. I appreciate that you are not like nostalgia bating everything because that it's a little grading on my opinion. But I love that you're just here for positivity and that's that's something that I've gotten. We'll say chastised before because I don't like shit on movies.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's not fun. I want to talk about things I like.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know, really, I did it. My last most recent video was my thoughts on the New Superman movie. Yeah, and I had to do it like three times because the first two I was like going on a tangent about all the negative social media about how people wanted to do to fail so badly. I'm like, yeah, what are we even doing? Why does people? Why do people? I don't get it, you know, But I was like, okay, it's get too dead upos I how do we do it three times and a third time? Basically is as plain as possible, because it was just like, yeah, but I mean that I don't like that either. I mean I find people will just watch UF and just yell rage review for whatever reason and again for clicks or whatever. I'm like, I said, I'm not the harshest critic. I get that. You know, I'm going to watch stuff. It's why it's hard for me to review. Like I've said before, is I don't know if I'm getting a good review. I just know what I like, and you know this is it looks good than me. I'm enjoying it. You know, yeah, it's works, It's so yeah. I try to say its positive as possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's frustrating when you see all these people that do the constant rage reviews and you notice, hey, they're all just over that monetization time limit. Look at that, they're all like twelve minutes. Amazing. How do they always do that? Yeah, I don't know. It's a weird situation. And the reality is film analysis, like proper film analysis, film criticism is very difficult, and most of these people cannot do it whatsoever. It's mostly like, yeah, the acting was fine, and I will be completely honest all my shows every week that I do on my Thursday night show. That's kind of what I stick to because I'm trying to get through it in like forty seconds. But if I really wanted to break something down like I could, it's just it takes a lot of time to do something really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and I know, I just I don't want to waste the time on the video. I man just right, and I want to be as I said my thoughts to you. If I'm doing review, I try. I want to be as I said, as genuine as possible to my heart, my honest feelings, straightforward, not just I don't want to cycle analyze because not everything also, not everything need to be psycle analyzed, not at all. A movie can just be a movie and you can just have fun with it. It doesn't have doesn't have an agenda. That doesn't have to mean they can just be damn good and just fun. That's it, and that's why I try and keep that as much as possible.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of that, if anybody wants a damn good and just fun channel, please go to subscribe to Chuck. Like I said at the beginning links in the description below, Chuck, keep doing it. I know that sometimes it can be discouraging. I want you to keep going. You are important in this community, and oddly enough, even though it can be sort of disjointed, sometimes it is absolutely community and you're a part of mine.
Speaker 1: So thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. AMI's a lot. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: All right, Chuck, we'll talk again soon. Have a good night you too. Thank you for listening to the Disconnected podcast. There's one big thing that you could do to help the show, and that is to leave a rating and review on the podcast service of your choice.
Speaker 1: Thank you,