Speaker 1: It's not really at Hello, ladies, gentlemen, welcome back to your first episode of the Gimmick this weekend. I am, as usual, like an Indian nightmare, and I'm joined by is He nameless?
Speaker 2: No no nickname. I hadn't thought. I was trying to think of one, but I don't know. I just wanted the classic no nickname, no full background.
Speaker 1: You know, I thought it was gonna happen. But yeah, here we are to catch up on some stuff because it's been a little bit. But we said we're gonna do this because we knew we had a two parter coming up. So yeah, we got today and then tomorrow we should be joined by Dave for Summer Slim Night too. Maybe that will just be that this show cover. We're gonna do Summer Slim Night one first, and then we're gonna talk about some other general wwnaw news stuff that's happened throughout, maybe free agency stuff on raw stuff on leading out all in, and then the next one. I'm not sure when, because I know all On is the.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty ninth. I think, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So well, and that one, I think we'll probably go a love after because there's like ten am my time. So that's an early enough show, so we'll probably maybe do one more. We might do one maybe the twenty second, twenty three's somewhere in there because we don't got the full card yet there, so we'll wait to them. What's what's the next FED pay.
Speaker 2: Per views September? There's well, the interesting is there's the next like main roster Main Roster one would be money in the Bank in October really, But the thing is that the like the Triple A World's Collide. Usually they just advertise it like NXT Triple A World's Collide. This one is like w W Triple A World's Collide, and it's booked in All State Arena, So I think that's gonna be like a pseudo Maine Roster. Like I think Punk's gonna like be on that show and stuff.
Speaker 1: Is that the one that they have the same day as all In all Out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For all Yeah, all In. They don't have anything all Out.
Speaker 2: All In, they have an they have an NXT one, but all Out it's like that one because all Out there in the same city too, like they're in Chicago too, Oh the best, but they're both sill in Wells. You know the Triple A. They have fans aws fans, Like I think right now they're both at like listen, they're both at like seven thousand tickets with like no matches announced. So you know, Chicago, Like people people joke about going to Chicago like all the time, but I mean people will show up to the to the shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely like I know people are always like, oh, New York, but like Chicago was still to me the wrestling city in North America, you know, Like I think for a while, w and especially AW ran dry for a bit, but I think now it's like, Okay, we've had some breaks, but tonight we're gonna start off with SummerSlam Night one. S Bubbs, what did you think of the show? Six matches? That's all I got?
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, overall, I thought it was a good show. I thought it was definitely just comparing to like the last big show being WrestleMania. I mean, I definitely thought it was better than that, even like not just in the matches, but just the pacing overall. Like I thought all the matches got like a good amount of time, Like there was no match where like I thought, like is way too short or like time got cut or something for someone. I thought all of them had a good amount of time. It all flowed pretty well, like they're still ads and stuff, but now didn't feel like WrestleMania. There was just like you didn't get like the Hogan Netflix had like seven times in a row like forgot it.
Speaker 1: I thought it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but yeah, I thought this show. It was a fun time. I liked it starting early and ending like I think it was pretty much like three hours on the dot. I'd say, if you don't count like Rocks promo, probably i'd say the bell for for the Cell match ended like pretty much three hours in, so I mean it does show they can do, you know, six match cards in three hours was still you know, putting their ads in there. So yeah, overall, I don't know what like a star rating if I had to give to the show, maybe for the whole show, i'd give it like a three point five or three point seven five. Like I thought it was a good enough time.
Speaker 1: I feel like you since I feel like I have this reputation of talking some negatively in reviews and then something like yeah, but you gave spending Randow Day and nine the most of your overalls negatives like yeah, I'm just being double advocate. And then when you're talking like oh, this sounds like it's gonna be like a four or something, it's still like in the underflom.
Speaker 2: I always I get. I get like that's the same for like, like for on Letterbox, like my most watched score is like there's like three point five and four. Like to me, it's like to me like four is like a good solid time and anything above that is like extra special stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm a fiend it's five, but I feel like I'm I'm a big person that just rewatches the five.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, yeah, Like I pretty much don't really rewatch, Like it's almost all a new stuff for me on on letter Rocks and even like on on drop Kip Kip, if you're looking at that too, Like I get a lot of like fours and three point seventy fives on drop Kick.
Speaker 1: I think Dropkick, I'm definitely on the on the four range there because it's like five or like anding for like big star matches, I feel like the four point seven five.
Speaker 2: Is, Yeah, that's a good one too. Like I dropped one of those recently where it's like, to me, four point seven fives, like everything went like perfectly, but like they was just missing something like either like the story or like an emotion or something like four point five. If you give that, that could be like like then like everything went perfectly well as an awesome match, but it was just missing like or maybe I personally didn't have like the kind of like like for example, for me, like Mox versus Hangman, like the Texas Death Match, that's like a four point seven five for me because I thought it was like a really cool, awesome match, but like I didn't really care about like the Hangman's story.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and that's where we've said this before. By gree Kay wish letter Box had the point.
Speaker 2: Five Yeah, movies, I'd definitely be using that on letters Yeah, especially I feel this year I've had a lot of movies where it's like I'm giving this like a four, but it's not like a true four three, you know, because if I give, I give the higher now and then the review all right, like this would be like a three point Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did the same thing with Sperman and something else recently too, where it's like technically it'd be more around here, but you know, let's do the four point seventy five. But uh yeah, so I thought this was kind of like a mixed bag sture like it. Luckily I agree with you because I had to do a flashback of definitely not wrestling any night one because I pulled up that card of Jacob A Drew, which was fine, and then Helen Night and USO is funny enough to being logan pretty much just the vision you know going on there Paige and Brie when the take titles Becky and aj which was fine good there and Seth which was good until the ending, and then you got lived in Sephanie and Cody and Randy, so definitely better than that. I think for me, we're gonna get too. But I think if one match in particular really delivered, I would have been much more higher on this, and it didn't. For kind of a multitude of reasons, I agree with you. I think pacing wasn't too bad. Didn't feel like a slog of a show, which sometimes with the ads that can like it's funny, aw can feel like a slog because there's too many matches. Then w you can feel like a slog when it's like you got those fifteen the ten minutes in between matches and you're just sitting around. Luckily, now I've really gotten the routine of Okay, I'm gonna get up. I kind of know, like before when Punk and Cody ended, all right, I'm taking the dog out because I have time. I know, time to come back and the match will still be like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do the same, Like even for a W two, Like if I am watching like one of the full pay per views live, like there will be matches where it's just like I'm just not gonna watch this and do something else and then come back and keep watching. Yeah, the same for the AD's like I'll just you know, take the break and stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, no, it's like the glomeration like I watched like half watch that it's like I don't need Luckily they lost and we'll get there later on the show. But uh yeah, Huntering, you will get to your questions. Dave says, have a great show, can't wait to join tomorrow. Yeah, we'll get your thoughts at night one and then day will be on tomorrow. So yeah, I thought it was like a mixed bag. I thought Live and You actually really delivered when it started, eh. I thought the six Man was actually kind of fun. It was a good time. I am because I'm not watching too much weekly TV. We everyone said that for years Solo being the way he is is great, and then I, for me, it's like the last dude that just didn't really deliver. I didn't have the same fun that you did with the main event. I just like it's just it's like you said, it's what I expected. But I guess I was just hoping for a little bit more and I just I didn't really get there. Man, I just need to be done with the whole. Like, you know, oh, I like that. I'm not sure if you saw this update Nick All this handing in his resignation letter SmackDown GM. So we're gonna get there, you know.
Speaker 2: Well he technically like like part of the story was like if you wanted to like sign as a as a wrestler. Yeah, it was like if you wanted to sign as a wrestler, he needed to like sign over his his GM. Like that was like two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Well that's how much Tribe tripped it up and told all this, he's reinstated. They I've got some things. The men don't get back to work. I guess the match wasn't good enough to get you back on the main Ross Kid, and that's why I didn't know what we got that I knew.
Speaker 2: I knew it was only gonna be one match because immediately like after the match ended, Cole on commentary was like, all this told me like this was his one shot and to this like it was like, this is a one time thing. Pretty much is what I understood.
Speaker 1: I missed that. That sucks for him, but you know, at least at least he got it there. So yeah, so I I thought the show was fine. I thought it was fine. I'm really scared for tomorrow because I think tomorrow has a terroristic card like between the Dan House the match between Baron fucking we have done a gaming since the Barrek Horbyn's back and the secondies back, he gets a main roster pe. I know it's two nights, but still only twelve matches. It's like, man, that's crazy. And even the main event Seth and Roman, I do trust them, but it could go multiple ways. So I thought tonight was just fine, we'll break it down match by match, but let's get to live and EO. Yeah, so Live for Tans, which you and me were surprised to do a full I think we predicted, you know, a couple of weeks ago, like an early card, and I can't remember what I said them, but I thought it was happening because I just didn't know who Live was gonna work with. And honestly, I thought liv was looking a little like upset, which I the only reason I say that is because the night she won money of the bank, if you go back and watch that show, when she comes out, this woman's practically in tears, and it's like, oh, she's winning money in the bank. So maybe you know the acting it's paying off. But to me, for some reason, she walked in like she looks.
Speaker 2: There's There's definitely been a few times like oh last year, even in like other discords something where people are like oh boo boom face, like they're losing. Then they just win, like I remember, like well I remember, like I think the the Tiffany and Charlotte like WrestleMania match, people were like, oh, Tiffany's got a boooo face like Charlotte. Charlotte made the call she's going over and then yeah, she just lose there. But yeah, sometimes you can't tell. I mean sometimes they're just you know, they're they're locked in or something.
Speaker 1: You can't and then maybe, uh maybe they know that on purpose.
Speaker 2: Now it's like uh yeah, rememverse acting there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what do you think of this match?
Speaker 2: No, I thought this was a really fun time. I thought it was you know, very go go go, which is different, like they're Saudi match like the Night of Champions one. How is it like a huge fan of like I could tell what they were going for because the whole thing was like like Live had gotten to the final by beating Charlotte with like a submission on the legs. Then the whole match with EO was like working over the leg and selling that and just going for the submission over and over and like I do like those kinds of matches, but at the same time, it feels like those matches you really need like the audience to get into it or else it's just kind of feels like they're just like sitting there, you know, putting the submission on for a while. This one wasn't that. But honestly, I thought the audience really got into it and it was just you know, them doing their moves, going at a high speed. Really like no, downtime. I really thought like they would do like, you know, like the moon salt to the outside like onto Riquel and Roxanne. A lot of times like that happens and then they're down and like slowly get back into the ring and then something happens and then they fall down like this one was like EO did that moon salt golf back in and then they got right back to doing moves and stuff like that. So I thought this was this was a fun time. Definitely their best match they've They've had some other good ones, but I'd say it definitely delivered in in what I wanted.
Speaker 1: At least, no one was getting up from four to fifties right away.
Speaker 2: You know, well there is, Well i'll go into it. So someone else on the show did that spot, but the correct version.
Speaker 1: On this show or yeah, on this.
Speaker 2: Show someone did like what Mox probably should have done or maybe what he was trying to do. Yeah, because he did it to the back because Max, like he rolls in and he was looking enough, it should have just been to the back.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, no, we'll get there. But yeah, I was worried the first few minutes. It just felt like it was like, uh, I think everyone that watches wrestling knows the difference. If not, I guess I'll try to explain, but everyone knows the difference between like a pay per view match and a TV match.
Speaker 2: I agree. When she like put her in the corner and was just like hitting her and just kind of like doing like the walk around the ring, I was like, Oh, this could be this would be a slow one.
Speaker 1: And that's what I'm like, we're opening up with this and this is the way they're going. And that's only like the first like mid and a half two minutes right like, even though it's just like they're feeling O up, I'm like, Okay, how is this gonna go? And then also because the last match didn't go, maybe the grades like Okay, what's gonna happen? So that's why I did Another reason I thought Live was losing because I thought, if this match is all right, that's a moment right for EO to win get the w and then she goes on to fight a bunch of new people. But yeah, it really did pick up. I thought they used the interference spot right here because people know, like I go back on forth on those and we'll get the one later that I absolutely hated, But no, I thought the match was really good and they had some good brutal spots. That combo of Eo Germany her on the scythe the ring, and then they're calling it the train or what is it the bullet train.
Speaker 2: The bullet train.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have they always called it that or is that now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, They've always called it that, And I'm.
Speaker 1: Just fucking deaf because I've never heard of that. But she did it to the inside. But then when she did on the outside, the.
Speaker 2: Noise was nasty, like that smack against the like the poll the led full.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great a sound effect, and I thought that was the end. I thought, Okay, boom, she goes in roll.
Speaker 2: She actually did that on this raw like when they were brawling, like she did that, but then she was like selling the knee like it was like she got injured off of it. So I was like, oh, no, they're just gonna work the knee over the whole match again at SummerSlam, because like that was like they were brawling and like live was on the apron. Then Eo did that like that exact same spot, even though I think honestly it sounded even louder at summer slams, so it must have done something different. But yeah, that was a great spot.
Speaker 1: Outside arenas, you never know, right, they can kind of mute some of the sown. So no, I thought it was really good. Like you said, it was a go go style type of match, but a good one that can be obviously what we were just me mom with the Bucks match, that like there's good version. That's some bad versions, and even the Bucks match, I'm like, I don't think it's all bad that sequence. I agree with people. I know the tweet that said garbage was training, I never tell that spot. I agree it was like really egregious. So that's where that's a problem, right, because I don't think some of those wrestlers are meaning to like not even sell that, right. It's just that they they want to do this school sequence, but they maybe just don't cluck. Oh shit, I should just give that like ten more seconds worth.
Speaker 2: I'll say. The page and Bellizer's fatal inference was like a not good version of a Bucks type of match where it's like you don't know who's tagged in, like everyone's just like doing their moves and running around.
Speaker 1: That's what was for me the show that last three match, Shret's just really like sunk with me. I sent that joker discord that was me. I was just like, what's going on here? You know it's not all bad, but so no, I'm interested what happens. I'm interesting what happens with them both, because David asked that and they discord. I think EO could probably drop to a round I see because Raquel has which I don't really understand why. I know Rakel's putting in some hard work, but it just seems I guess it's just even odd to have on a random raw. But hey, it's just like, aw right, you gotta have some big TV stuff going on, so I get to that point live. I am very curious because it's just been such a I felt like people will understand this. I've been watching since like the two thousands where Randy Orton he's got like multiple pushes before it became like a guy, right, and liv had won the world title already twice now, right, and even the Ria Domfu that did Elevator, But it felt like at Wrestlemine like, hey, we want Elevator to be one of the like tippy top girls, right, and I think they are women, I'll say, and I think they want her to be that, but it just hasn't had that vibe. And whether it's just the and this was a still good match, but whether it's the lack of story or the booking, I don't think it's on Live because I think Live showed here again. She's working with EO, who's fantastic, right, she's fucking aj Styles Danner, Brian Kurt Angle Codd as far as like have a good match with the broomstick. But still, I've been a big defender of Live, like she can go in there and have a really good match, And for me, this was the best matches of the show. I really really enjoyed it. So that's why we live. She can have the ring style to back it out. But oh my god, my sister just texts me they're watching Spider Man Brand New day the power went out. S bub Oh my god, cause I got the notifications there. Oh fuck, that sucks.
Speaker 2: They at least like just or like halfway through.
Speaker 1: I don't know much to cry emojis, so I don't know, like geez oh no, it's only a little bit of the beginning.
Speaker 2: So that's not too too terrible, but.
Speaker 1: It's like to get those seats again. That's because she had to sit in the very back row. She called me yesterday, shit, can we like she went to the extreme screen and clunch it. Can we sit in the back like no, no, You'll be fine. Damn that sucks, but live like yeah, she can go. Sen's the way she's just like I understand. The rumor was, hey, she's doing more stuff with Stephanie. Stephanie was hurt and then Visa stuff and that's delated. But these writers got to figure out something for her to do in the meantime, and they need they need some juice and even the EO stuff, I don't know from what I saw, I don't think it was much of a big story other than just EO's coming for the title, right, I think we need.
Speaker 2: Something yet personal story, and I.
Speaker 1: Think we do, Like I don't know where it would fit, but like, I don't know that you can't take away from Judgment Day right now because that group's too weak. I think that is a story in the future with her and Rocks and there's some meat on the bone there, but she just needs somebody. It's just so funny where people kind of got sick of her and and how Ria's gone. It is like, well what do you do? Like, what do you do? And absolutely Vincent like come along with the riot squad, not even the riot squad, go to NXT when she was like yea ya yoh yeah yo goo, when she was like the queen from San Island whatever, she had like the overalls and everyone just called her discount. Alexa Bliss. Absolutely, It's just that it felt like this run was gonna be Cementa as the Melt, like one of the top ones right now currently, and it just hasn't done that. And I don't know what it can be on RAW. I don't know. If you bring back Becky and you heat her back up as a baby face, I would.
Speaker 2: Say I think they could put her with with Soul next.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you how sold awesome?
Speaker 2: I think there's a chance they like give Soul money in the banks and then that match wouldn't happened for like six months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like a prime contender for money the bank.
Speaker 2: She's like on the on the post that doesn't mean anything, but she's like the main one on the posters like her on on a ladder and thin it's her Penta and EO. I think it.
Speaker 1: Does your man Penta versus Roman or bens Obame.
Speaker 2: I mean, if money in the Bank was before like all the Mexico shows, I would have say, like give them the money in the bank and just like haven't cash in there like like Raw Van Damn Eco you style.
Speaker 1: So if you think Soul Match could be a little bit way, what do you think is next for Live?
Speaker 2: Well? I do think. I mean, I think Stephanie might actually finally be coming back because she has been like training, so it's not that she's injured anymore, and she has been in the States and stuff, so it's not the visa issues or anything anymore. And apparently like on social media, like after Live retained, she like blacked out all her like social media's like Stephanie did or something like that. So I think she could be shown back up again. So then obviously that would be the next thing. But let's say if not, then I mean the thing is that there's not really like any babyfaces like on the Raw roster pretty much, it's only like Soul EO Bailey.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the reason because it's just like she has more people to work with, right but yeah, I guess there's always people you could call up to or like swap brands or something, but yeah, I don't know. It's just like, yeah, I guess there's Bailey, but I think Bailey's hopefully on her way out. Oscar's gone. I'm looking at this right now, Becky is somewhere and I just don't see. Do you think what Becky comes back, You're still just gotta be doing her heel gimmick.
Speaker 2: I don't know, she could just come back as a as a face. I feel like like to just like not explain anything.
Speaker 1: But it is only like Stephanie and Soul for the women's babyface people. Yeah you have her work with like you know, just happened, but like they need yeah, they need to get somebody over there, stat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think even like because Lolavice is like rumored to be like the next call up, but she's most like going to SmackDown.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, ye did I see there? Did they did? Priests and Truth win? Did the match interrupted? What happened with that multi tag title match?
Speaker 2: They were fighting? And I didn't watch the match, but I read that it was no contest, so either they got de cued or Haku and the MFTs beat them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was looking at it like not that it's a big thing that like, man, they're gonna be double champs over there, that's that's crazy. So but no, I I hope they give something because I just think that Live's title run right now is at the risk of being very forgotten in the future, right and it's not gonna feel it's gonna feel like unfortunately a lot of like Natty's title wins, where she's won the title multiple times, but you can't name a run and even the Rea liver Roun you can name it because that storyline. But then after that that that's kind of it, right, So I guess we'll go from there and see. After that, we had the six Men tag of the most random GMO tin of Royce, keys La Night and the News versus the Bloodline with Jacob Fatu. I guess he's just a part of the Bloodline, but I feel like he's still a step above. I came up with some Eda Gears of War here. I guess like.
Speaker 2: You were, did you get scared off that cologna warning you know on your screen?
Speaker 1: I did. The only reason it was I caught.
Speaker 2: I only remembered because like didn't like Taylor mention that or something. Yeah, I remember I was like, oh, this is a Gears of War thing the cologne up but spelled differently same.
Speaker 1: Thing because me and we were seeing the cologne and like Rite explained some Gears of War and uh yeah, like Jaco was looking cool, but it was just had like some logos on their black gears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just have like their like you know, like twenty sixteen like SmackDown gear, like dreaming with this hat and stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And even though I'll say this, even though the stage was just like a big led stage, I love how massive it was and like Obvisos they had the room because like it wasn't like a complete sell up, but I liked the big design of it had like a big.
Speaker 2: It kind of looked to me like a chimp, like an upside on WW Champs ship. Okay, yeah, like the lines and stuff and it was kind of like shaped like that. But I don't really know what the design was, but yeah, I agree it cool and it had like a.
Speaker 1: That was like when people are yeah whatever, Yeah, it was a cool design. Yeah, god, ra I was just seeing Funk on the post show, he's talking about all these people and he's saying that he's gonna go to a raw and wrestle because they need a ratings boost. Thank goodness.
Speaker 2: Well, you see the SmackDown ratings. They haven't gone down once Punk with a champion, you know, it.
Speaker 1: Is pretty funny. Now it's always tough, right because the raw ratings before WrestleMania, they're always gonna be a little.
Speaker 2: It also is I think also that like the World Cup ended like right when he became a champion. That's the reason too. Like like NXT and AW ratings have gone up like one hundred k or two hundred k like in the past couple of weeks, like just off the World Cup end.
Speaker 1: That that is too. But it is just like it's funny the coincidences of that and wrestlingia like the lead up. But still it's like punks there and then punks and smack Down. That's where it goes and again there there's we'll have to see when it settles down with no World Cup and then like for a little bit in the future, see what happens. You never know what numbers, but it even tickets I think tickets technically as We'll see what happens tomorrow. But at the time it was like Night one had more tickets sold than Night two, which is usually never the case in these situations. It's usually always Night too that has that. So Hey Funks still maybe the fucking needle mover, and he was we'll get there. But he said he was asked on this feels the main event. He said, of course I had feelings about it, but not one of these guys that has it in their contracts that I have to end the show. There's a main event, there's a match that goes last. It ain't it for me to decide. I'm too old for that. I'm gonna lay up my boots and beat somebody ass whether on first intermission. Seampunk is always an event, which is just so like, it's so funny, right because I heard cess quote last week. We said, oh, you know, the last match of the weekend is the main event. But when they did the triple thread a couple of weeks like years go like, oh, well, you know, it is still a main event. It all depends what these fuckers are. If they're last, then it's the main event. If they're not last, well you know that's why there's two nights, so there's so much talent. I could be a main event. But the six Men tag was actually fun and like it's funny that we got two of them here. It was fun enough. It is this easy formula, like the solo stuff is great. Like I think there's some season going a little too hard, Like it seems like he's looking for the laugh almost every time, but people seem to like him. I'm very curious what his trajectory is. I'm not thinking world title, but I'm just I think he can be a great.
Speaker 2: I think him for him and La Knight, you know, get those were finally getting a tag title run. It's time, La Knight, you're the.
Speaker 1: Next one after Bailey goes. You gotta get out of their brother. But I thought this was fine. I think this will be more for as I thought. It was like above average fine. I think they were hitting at big time. It was mentioned like three times in commentary like, man, if they lose, what are they gonna do? The tribal chief, So I feel like that's gonna play into a big time where obviously I do think Roman's winning. Tomorrow they're gonna lose, and I'm there must be some family drama thereon, gonna bring up who's the weak link? And maybe that's what we're gonna get back to fucking Roman versus Jay. But I thought this was like the right amount of time. I just happen to see Royce Key is gonna win there. Really sucked that spot with him and Jay in the top turn buckle when he was trying to do like some sort of folly slamming man, it just felt like time froze. And I think it was they readjusted and try to go again, and that it still didn't work. They did three readjustments. I was like that people will forget. But that always sucks when the guy's like nickname is the monstar and he can't throw Jimmy Usso around. So it's like, oh, yeah, next time to do it with Jay. He's a little smaller, But yeah, I think he did.
Speaker 2: He definitely did it on a SmackDown, but I don't remember to like recently, but I think it might have been to like Finn or something like that.
Speaker 1: I think, oh yeah, yeah, and it's much smaller again, like yeah, you look at the Tusso's. Jade's smaller guy than Jimmy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I always saying like, yeah, it's something where it's like, isn't like the first time he's busting. I mean I still get every every time l. A. Knight tries to do the super flex where he runs off the ropes, I got scared he did He mostly did it, Yeah, mostly.
Speaker 1: Did it, but he definitely got It's just like just save it for I guess, like, is he still doing that stuff on raw or is he saying it for like pl.
Speaker 2: He does he Well, it depends if it's like a big match on Raw, he'll do it. If it's like just like a random like when that's gonna end in DQ, you know he's not doing it.
Speaker 1: But the two best people to ever do that is Kurting on Shell in Benement. They would get up there all time and look flossly and the one I think.
Speaker 2: One of the one of the Creed brothers can do it, like just like full vertical jumping. Mostly they never never get to do it on TV.
Speaker 1: But oh yeah, I guess I think Selan does it for a full vertical. Kirk didn't do that. He did the run up of roast. But the thing about curtis he look like he was like he was the master that you never know what's coming, and he'd just get up there so quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Great, But yeah, what do you think about the.
Speaker 2: Six manh Yeah, I thought it was a fun time. Like I was kind of expecting it, Like to me, this is like I didn't think it was like really gonna be bad. I just thought it was like, this is gonna be like a three stars, you know, solid time, and that was basically what it was. Yeah, I'm enjoying like the Babyface Solo like because I didn't know, like constantly the build has been that like you know, the usos and Jacob are like the heels, but I mean people still you know, like them and they like kind of turn heel but not really. It's just very weird. So like it would be like on SmackDown, Solo would be getting cheered and then on Raw when he's like face to face with the usas, he'd still be getting boots. So I didn't really know like how the Summer Slam crowd was gonna play out, but no, it fit well. And yeah, I thought this was a fun time. I'd say probably one of Jay's like better performances in a while. Like I thought it was doing good out there him and Jimmy uh and uh yeah. It was just a fine enough time, great sell on the BFT from j at the end, like full spiked himself.
Speaker 1: There, Full RVD RBD used to do that with DDTS and I would love that. I'd be doing that shit in my living room all the trying to give myself neck vertebrate issues not knowing, but yeah, it was really good there. What do you what do you think is the fault with them loves? And do you think this starts to build up with something? Do you think it was just commentary throwing some things around what happens on raw and ro wants to look at these fuckers that lost that or is it even just like does this get l A Knight to like a title shot maybe for like a like a smaller beat to your pair of view. I could see that, maybe I could.
Speaker 2: See that Rome's fly gonna be like like, you know, you disappoint me or whatever, like he always does take the pin. Yeah, yeah, And I could see that, like I don't think they're gonna like kick anyone out right now, say, but yeah, I could see that maybe like, yeah, I think they've advertised like the next I think the next big p l e. Roan's gonna be on his money in the bank. So maybe that could be like an Ellie Night. You know, people want him to win money in the bank every year, but maybe just give him a title shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because what's going on. Yeah, he's not touching punkin now He's he's not touching Roman. You know, it's just you know what's gonna happen though, if he sticks to that company after they maye believe it, He's gonna get that Sammy's am run at some point.
Speaker 2: You know, that's the you said it. I just said, like twenty twenty seven, he's gonna win the title in it's contract showing.
Speaker 1: Up exactly and then they take it off them and then there you go, Sammy. So Vincent Moore asked, does the final bass show to where Roman loses. Rome's not losing, and no, I think the funal Bass would show up more so if he were to win, Like I feel like they still do it for I don't think you need to do Roman and the Rock for the title, but I still think they they would. If Rock said, hey.
Speaker 2: I Meanana bombs.
Speaker 1: If Jamal's you definitely bombs, He's locking the fucking sorry Betty Saftie for loser. Man, you gotta wait, he's gotta win the rumble, you know. But I think they would keep the title. I think no matter what, Roman has the title till Mania barring an injury. That's what I'll say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say, I would say I agree with that. I think he's holding on to Mania. And yeah, like honestly, like they said, like they want the rock, you know, that's the supposedly the plan that it's uh, you know, Roman versus Ova. But if they got the rock, then it's versus Roman.
Speaker 1: It's weird. It looks like I'm not sure if it's just like fully pressed, but it looks like is like doing like the scrums again. I don't know, but I don't know if it's just like a gimmick to like just his reporters there and stuff.
Speaker 2: That might be. I don't watch like any of the pre year post shows.
Speaker 1: That either now, even though aw for any company. Yeah, yeah, I used to love watching the media scrums and now one they barely have like the main talent anymore, like the tippy Top people. And two it's just like like I said, it's a weird combo of k FAVO. It's not not much as learned there, but yeah, I think I think, yeah, Rock's always the hope of the go to for them. I think they got a good chance of getting it now. But we'll have to see, like we've all, we've heard some you know issues between Raw like his team and the creative there, So we'll see what happens. I think, no matter what, we're gonna get Rock and Roman. I do think Rock wants to have like a button on his career. I think he wants to have that moment, even if it's I definitely do think it's Roman now. I always used to go back and forth. I think, you know, my name is Gidnaingy nightmare. I'll stick with him while I can. But Cody's definitely losing the juice, and I don't think that's all his fault. I think a lot of it has to do with some of the booking, because there's many times we've talked about where all this issue is happening, and you know, they just don't fix it right. So I think the juice is in Rock and Roman family. He puts them over everything like that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I was looking at I was watching the post showte and just like scrubbing through it to see if they showed. I think it's definitely just like Triple H in a room. I didn't hear the audio, but it's like they were like outside, you know, with Big E and all them out there, and then it just cuts to it, just cut to the Triple H in like a separate room there. So it's definitely like a gimmick to one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's fuck just have them in the room. Oh right. He didn't go with the Vans anywhere. Right after they started. After it was wrestling. It was a restmator before now was.
Speaker 2: After John Cena oh or.
Speaker 1: The pres Yeah, right after John Cena oh man. So yeah, we'll see what happens here next one of.
Speaker 2: My gunther sus all this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was pretty much what I expected. I think it was. I think it was a good match. There's some fun stuff in here. All this has never been like a work rate type of guy. I also think he's been better as a heel, so it was interesting to having this position. It's cool he got the Oasis music. It sucks that, like, yeah, like I wonder how he feels. He seemed pretty emotional. I wonder if he has always had the idea of I just want to do one more and that's it or whatever the fake cases, because this guy still on like looks like a thousand bucks, you know, and like I remember, I can't remember who was was set on an interview this week or some I'm like, oh, he's younger than me, Like he is younger than he's thirty nine. I think, Yeah, Batista got his like world title run in his early forties. It's never not possible, and I don't know how far he would go on so but that's why I'd like to see some sort of running and again, who knows, mayaking buses on the future. Right, So I thought this was good. I thought this was a fun kind of It wasn't a gimmick match, but kind of had that vibe of it, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I some feel say it gave the match. It gave the vibe of like a celebrity kind of match, even though like you know, he's actually a wrestler, but that's like the vibe of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, you have to see him pull some cool moves. I don't think any us ever thought Gundu was gonna beat him, but or was gonna lose to him, but no, it was it was good. I think the crowd, you can definitely, I feel like a lot of the crowd had not seen him wrestle because when he's going for some singa sure is there some loudness and then not like it was very like mixed. You know, it's not like an old legend coming out. It's a guy that, like you gotta remember when he started a GM, they said him like, oh yeah, I used to be a wrestler. But it's not like he was a wrestler turned GM on story. He just started as a GM.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's actually a lot of people who've never seen like anything of him being a wrestler. So yeah, I definitely give Like whenever he did like a big move like that, like that would pop the crowd in like uh oh, I didn't even know he could he could do that sort of way, Like when he did that big like like brainbuster type supplex where he just like fully picked up gun thro that was good stuff.
Speaker 1: What did he use his transition? Because he did something to transitional they pulled him up and he called him up all you.
Speaker 2: I think I think he like just like fully caught gun throw like off like a like a dive and then he turned that into like the superlex.
Speaker 1: A big guy. He's a big, tall guy, so that's where that was very impressive. Yeah, he had him in like a fallaway slam situation, threw him up for a supplex and that's where and that's what all this could do, right or Magnus back in the day, like that's where he was like a bigger power guy. So yeah, what do you think about mash uh No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was a fun time solid match up. Sometimes for Gunther it's fun to see, like, you know, like him working like a different someone with a different style, like a dragon Lee or something like that. But for this, this felt like a classic you know, not quite like Meadi men slapping meat type of match, but sort of where you know, they're throwing the chops, they're throwing the lariats, you know, soupplexes, the sleeper him doing I forget what all this is. Submission. It's called I know that no, but it has a specific name. It's like the I think it's like the King's Lynn Cloverly or something like that. I know it's like his hometown, but I don't remember exactly, but uh, yeah, I thought it was. I thought, I don't know what what this might be. I don't know if i'd say I think this might have been like my match of the night. Honestly, like I really really enjoyed this one. Uh the the only thing, the only complaint that I had. But then I see why it is the way it is. Is like I thought, on like the last Sleeper Holes, they could have held it like a little longer before he tapped out, because I thought the crowd was like really into it. But at the same time I saw people say like, well, like if John like he's not last, like he shouldn't last as long as like John Senior aj styles like in the Sleeper Holes. So so I see why they did it. But that was really my only complaint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I get it. But it's also like, if he's not kidding, you could make the argument of the reason holds the longer because if it's like his last match almost like a retire everything right, or he has that he's been building at stamina for years, he has damn, which is bringing roughs, but he can fight, you know, so yeah damn. But yeah, okay, that that's exciting to hear, let's see what David's match to night was. But uh, we get to that and then we get to the six woman's tag and this is yeah for me, this stretch was not for Travis. Yeah. No, not great, not not great. Davellas have never been a ring worker. I know paiges like, oh well, my heart wasn't really into aw. It just feels like her heart's not really in it. He I think it's more just like unfortunately, just some people don't get the same. Like, I know she's training, I know she's putting in the work. I absolutely and I thought what w maybe would be different, especially with the style. I think still fits are better for what she is currently. But some people after injury, it just it doesn't have They just don't move the same or work the same. That's how I feel like Page or Soria's ben it just has still never clicked clicked again. Maybe if she's gonna be like on a solo singles run, I guess there's a she's on raw, right, there's a big good work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they could move her to BRA I guess she's technically on smack now, I guess, but.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, so yeah, this was is that. I don't know what it is. It's definitely on her a two point five. For me, I don't know's I would definitely give it like a failing.
Speaker 2: I think I gave it like I gave it like a two point two five. I think just because I just love fatal influence. So for me, I'm watching them like anything they do is good in my eyes, just like all the stuff they do just just pops me just how they work. So in that way, I still enjoyed it, like seeing them do their stuff. But yeah, I wasn't a very good match. But it does seem too that Bree got injured because she like rolled out of a ring and was kind of out of it and then in the whole thing she was holding her arms. So hopefully not too bad. But I think that definitely changed maybe like the finish at some point, because it seemed like she was kind of working there and then like rolled out of the ring and then like like she wasn't even necessarily like hit by a move to like take her out of the match. It was kind of she just like rolled out and was gone.
Speaker 1: So I think the finish finish was the what they planned because the finish. Yeah, yeah, she Paige pushed Nicky Bell all the way, tagged herself in, then went in and took the pinfall. So clearly it was like, oh, you screwed us over because you you tagged yourselves out and everything like that. So we'll see. I guess, like, I'm not sure if Bailey is around for a little bit, if you could put her there. I know some people might think you might want to try and get Age back to run that back. I don't really think Age is coming back anytime soon. I don't even know if ever. So yeah, I just uh, yeah, I don't know. It's I just don't know if this need to be on pay of you. But the reason I had is just because that's why I thought they're gonna do the moment. That's why I thought they were gonna do the turn. They won that moment with the crowd. You got that there. Hopefully bree just has like a stinger, not too bad, because that would be very unforshift. The second Nikki gets back, Breeze gone, and then you can still work singles. We've seen that. Nothing amazing, but still be kind of unfortunate. But I do think at some point the Bells, they'll still get those tech titles probably wait till fail influenced drops into like a baby Face team at some point and then hot Potato it to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because now it feels like because I mean, yeah, if it was gonna be like Nicki and Bree turning on page and I assume Paige would probably get some tech partner to rustle them. But now if it's only gonna be like Nicki and Paige, I feel like you're saying, like this might just be like a mini vortex real. They're just kind of like like the like the Bells versus like I could see them feuding where they're just like not really interacting with like any of the titles or anything, but they're just like on TV feuding with each other. Or maybe it just gets like completely changed if it really is a bad injury.
Speaker 1: I don't know so, but yeah, they said that tonight you're in the six man Men's tag. They said Cole said that Ellen it's been stuck in the bloodline.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh man, because I think Ellen and I did say like in a promo or something like that, so that one kind of makes sense. But yeah, I was happy to see fatal influence and get the win. I think this kind of ends that feud, especially if like the Bells are gonna be heels now then that so yeah, I don't really know for fatal Influence. I mean, they could go to Roswell with like the tag titles. Those are cross brand.
Speaker 1: So I guess Jase can just go with them.
Speaker 2: She just yeah, yeah. I think I think the next thing for jac is I think there was like something with her in the US title. It does seem like that might be, but there's just a yeah, well, we'll have to see that because I think there is a chance they just like give her the US title to have all of them with the titles, even if afterwards they don't do much with it. But I could see them just wanting to do like your Chelsea Green, like the US title, just because like Ethan Page was a double champion, I wanted both of them to be double champion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was very interested. Jayce wasn't in the ladder match. I thought she was going to be in there, and I don't know because there was those talks of her and Rihea working at Summer Slam, and I still think Ria would have won. But you never know, So I'm just curious how what they're gonna do with jayc is if they are gonna take the US run that make her build up and be like oh us for a while and then rumble.
Speaker 2: There's something interesting. We can sort of talk about the ladder match already because I think all all the options there's a bunch of stuff like pointing in lots of different directions for me. So one thing is like, if you go via by like the betting sites and stuff like that, the favorite is a Charlotte, which I do think is definitely possible. I could see that being like, you know, like Alexa Blitsch shows up and pushes Jade off the ladder to a big pop and she just wins. But also an interesting thing is they announced that next week on SmackDown, it's gonna be Jade versus Charlotte, like in a singles match. Already, Son is like sothing, is it like, well, she's gonna win the title and it's like okay, now it's for the interim title or is that pointing in the opposite direction where it's like, well, not me that they're not gonna win like they cost each other and now they're having a singles match.
Speaker 1: I think the only person for sure I don't see winning this is Tiffany because I don't think they're doing the two thing.
Speaker 2: I would say, like to me, Tiffany, like she is the lowest odds if you're if you're going by that. But I do think it's possible. I believe she is from Minnesota.
Speaker 1: I think I could see them.
Speaker 2: Doing it for the pop and then that's how you take like one of the like I could see her being the double champ and then she wrestles like in like a four way or something for the US title with like with like JC and some of these people who have like been coming at her and it's like, oh, she couldn't handle, you know, being double champion or like something like they did.
Speaker 1: Is Stephanie on NXT, right, that's how JC won the title. Just fatal influenced screwter Over and that's what they do is she defends the title influence screws over and she's like, well, I'm WTP now, so we have folks on that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I do think there's actually a chance of Tiffany winning it. Chelsea. I could also see her winning it in like I think it's I think it could be a way, and she's been like she always pushes that she wants to win money in the bank and like do a failed cash in. I think with this introm title, it could be like because she says it's like because she thinks she's like the female miss where she's like, it doesn't matter if I win or lose, like I make moments hashtag ww.
Speaker 1: But like MS was successful on both his castions.
Speaker 2: I don't know, she's like, this is well. I think for the women, it's that it's like that there's never been a failed cash and so it'd be like, oh, it's something something termorable, something different.
Speaker 1: It's like, hey again, I we tell it's a couples in discord. I'm to live Morgan Defender that clip on her on ree be like hey, I got you guys a lot the time, and I'm like, oh no, don't do this to yourself. Same thing like never pitch yourself to lose in most times, in most times, and that's where it's like, don't pitch that, like go for the title, get the title, you know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but the but the Chelsea win, I think could be one where like she wins and then she just like lose to reel, like when she comes back if they give her that Jade, I don't think is happening, like for the same reason, says Charlotte. So then for me, it could really go anyway. At the at the end of the day, like there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Chance, no chance they do a hot shot and just like have real beat her when she gets back and it's like, oh, the rookie took because at least with the ladder match, you can do the kind of like yeah, you know, like not cheap went. I don't think they're going to do that, but they've done that before, right to get a surprise, and like if they want to make someone right, they go, hey, we want to make a lash into it now, like a next lady up. Let's give her that title tonight, you know, get some cool backsat shows with her and Trick. I don't think so. I still think it's just Charlotte and that Jade. Match turns to one on one and they do Charlotte and Riha, which will be interesting because I think that would be the tie. Yeah, I guess that would be the tiebreaker because they both.
Speaker 2: Know they've had they had the one at they had the one at WrestleMania they have a triple threat and the n X seed not a single triple threat.
Speaker 1: You'll want that, Yeah, Yeah, I think I.
Speaker 2: Think they have one like Adam Adam money in the bank, like twenty twenty one. I think in like in like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Rio was a judgment day, I think still right, no.
Speaker 2: When she wasn't in judgment, Like it's like the the title reign that got like retcon pretty much like Rio's first the title reign. They like never mentioned it on TV.
Speaker 1: Oscar right, yeah, and it was it was like a live Morgan title run that where she just really didn't do much to eat Oscar. She had the title and then she got kicked to the tag team title seen like right after. Yeah, you're right, that did happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So yeah, I think and I think that one. Uh sure, I don't know who won that one, but they've definitely had three singles matches already, so it would just be another one. But uh and I could see them putting that on, like like I don't think like when Ria comes back, they probably put that like unification match on, Like that could be like a money in the bank match. You have someone cashing on catching on them right away, for they're holding up both titles, the intro one and the real one.
Speaker 1: That's that they did with fucking Alberto do Rio Summer Slam with Punk scene in him both at the time Punk one and then Alberto got it. What are your thoughts, because we didn't talk about this since the last show we talked about not being around. What are your thoughts on them doing an interntile instead of just stripping Rhea.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like it's pretty rare and w like, I don't think it's maybe if it's happened.
Speaker 2: Happening honestly, the last one might have honestly been like that one with with scene in punk.
Speaker 1: And even then that was even though that was like a real left right like I have to see that they did that in the first three years a lot. But then I think people kind of got tired of it. I honestly think, which this is so funny. It sounds like the talent got tired of it because they're like, oh, I'm an intern champ, intern champ, and I don't know why they did. It's like it's a fictional thing. It's like your title runs still recognize it's okay, but you know.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to see it. I'm just looking up quickly. Apparently did it for like the Cruiserweight title one time? God, Uh, that's pretty much all I see.
Speaker 1: I guess I just don't know.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I would say it'd be Yeah, I don't really know why they didn't strip for the title unless it's really something where they just have like no idea when she could come back, but like not in like the opposite way of like it could be like tomorrow, is what I was saying.
Speaker 1: That's where I am, like, I need to see now it's a classic, but I do need to see a play out and see how long she is actually gone for, because it's a situation where she is end up gone for like six months, like at that point, you just strip her. I understand, because she just that happened a couple of years ago already, right, So it's this thing of like, man, we already took her off for once, we're gonna take her off her again and then because the idea is like she would probably just come back and win it. So I don't know. So for me, it's wait and see.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for that ladder match. I think could be really good. I think it would also be very messy. We'll see how Lash and Jade Cargill doing that.
Speaker 2: So I say, Lash has been in a in a ladder match in the past and in NXT, and she was actually surprisingly like she was like the giant of the match, but she was the one like doing like the big bumps like they like they like like all the women the match like collectively like pick her up and like put her through a ladder on the outside and stuff like that. So I think she could like her and Chelsea might be the ones like taking some of these like crazy bumps and you know, hopefully Lash can catch Tiffany.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this time it's like you better, you better all of the ladies. But actually, I Tiffany Beck, I'm not doing that spy more. You know, uh, I'm gonna throw to you first. What did you think of Seampunk versus Cody Rhods.
Speaker 2: I don't really thought it was like a weird match like in that like I'd say, it wasn't what I was expecting it to be. But at the same time, I don't really know what I was expecting because this whole time I thought like, oh, this is when like Cody's gonna finally turn heel, but then like there's been other matches where he's worked like much more healed than this and didn't turn heal, so he bare like he he didn't work healing this match.
Speaker 1: What I was saying, even when Punk's leg was hurt, like, oh, this was when it's gonna start. He's gonna be like really shitty with the leg, not even just go after, but he just went after like a wrestler. He said, Okay, I'm gonna work on the leg. I thought he was gonna start using the ring post like very almost like Brett hardish of like, Okay, this is legal, but like you're kind of taking some liberties with the rules here. Nah, he's just doing hold and he's like stomping on it.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah. It's like it kind of felt like they were working like like an like an epic type of match, but it didn't have like the build up to it, is what I felt. That's kind of like my overall thought on it, where it's like they were good doing good work, but it didn't feel like I'll say, it didn't feel like the match built at all like this stuff like would happen and it was like, Okay, this is this is fine, but it didn't never felt like even when they got to like the bigger stuff, it didn't feel like they built up to it would kind of just start happening.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think the way I would describe this and I never have, I'm gonna keep this in my Backpock in the future, it's gonna be a gimmick exclusive. I think it's a phantom epic. And the reason is is because I don't think the way this was booked. It feels like things we've talked about before. When people want to wrestle the big time match, it's a big time show, but they don't want to do everything right. I do see a version of this match where they're doing the rematch at WrestleMania. If Punk had just beat Cody, like no matter what, whether it's gen whatever, if he would have beat him by himself, I'd say, well that's done. That story is done. Maybe him and Cody can look up at some point. But with the Randy interference, which I hate it because it's just like all right, sure we're going back to this, that feels like, well, Punk didn't see that, so Punk is a character would go, well, I know I can beat Cody without Randy, and Cody can say you couldn't beat me without Andy, right, So it feels like there's like un left territory. But at the same point they're probably like at when they were putting together the match, they probably thought, hey, we're main eventing SummerSlam, so we gotta really go all out, right. We can't just have one of the like like a TV made event where you can kind of hold some stuff back. So that's why I think it is a phantom epic where they're doing some of the spots, but they weren't exactly building up to it. I'll say the first five minutes this match was rough. They were just like there's one point where when Punk first it wasn't the first five minutes. This is later, but Punk hurt his knee and Cody went to do a dragon whip and they weren't on the same thing. So he just like he put like, literally the leg is hurt. He goes to work on the converses always gonna start working, Like he puts the leg down, he brings up, he hits them, and then he brings them from the dragon. It was super flunky, like multiple spots, but I'll say the first five minutes where they're trying to do even then like I get it where and I've been following this where it's been the accidental bump into each other to do the problems, and I saw them brawl and smack down. I don't really think this few needed that. And the fact that it started with them doing like the heated like rivalry are like, oh I hate you, I hate you, We're just gonna fight. That didn't fit either. To me. That's like maybe down the line, that shouldn't be the first one again. It's just it's so odd that I think the company really hates doing Bayface versus Bayface, because even this is Bayface versus Bayface, but they made it really like you guys gotta really dislike each other. I just find the promos but just make it like they just open up with the chain wrestling and then like go from there. It felt like a weird it just and then they kind of went to that later. I don't know, it's it's weird because.
Speaker 2: I think also one of the things in the promo was too is like punk was like I want to beat you in like a clean wrestling match and like really pointing out wrestling. So it was weird. It's like, yeah, they had like the story of like this is gonna be like a heated, you know, hated rivalry, but at the same time, it's like, well, it needs to be like a clean, nice, clean wrestling match.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't know if it's just them, I don't know if it just happened in the match. It just felt like this match was two different matches put together, and it never really sung. I think it started singing near the the ending. I think like once they got to the figure four sequence and they started to go on. I did like the segment of Punky did the gts and then Cody fell on his shoulders and then he countered this time because every time that's like his finishing doing thing right, He'll he'll end off whoever. But yes, it's interesting. I feel like punk has my favorite match the year of Roman, and then right now for like a big marquee match, it is like my most disappointing match of the year because I was really looking forward to punking Cody. I was one of those of like, hey, save the Mania, but after the way this match was booked. I actually think there's a good shot. I don't think it's locked in, but I think it's a case of, hey, if Roman is working Rock or he is working Oba or whatever, then we can just do Punk Cody two and you guys can go fall out and uh yeah again some tough spots punk. I know he loves Terry Funk most like he's only done a few times in his career. It's never been good. And then even the table and.
Speaker 2: He messes up like the exact same way every time, like someone puts it like the match with Sina, and like he literally lands in like the exact same way next to them, like to.
Speaker 1: The side, and and then even when he did the elbow jump.
Speaker 2: He definitely overshot it, like he landed like feet first on the table.
Speaker 1: I thought it.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought his acl was gone right there, just like it's over just the.
Speaker 1: Next day, though you're not. You were around an aw original. You know that happened twice to us where he works a match and then the next day he's out. Happened to brawl in and then it happened when he jumped in the crowd. He worked a whole match and then they came in the back like, oh, yeah that match with FTR, your legs fucked so you never know. But no, that's a good job on the commentators though by they were saying like, all this really probably jacked up his knee, and I thought that was really smart on them. But yeah, it's uh. For me, it's unfortunate. I was looking really for this and I actually thought this could have been a match of your contender, and I just like, that's a match that you walk out being like we didn't get everything. So I think this will happen again. I'm not gonna t t y and say it's a WrestleMania, but I think there's a good shop having WrestleMania. And then I guess Randy's like, yeah, I don't know. Everyone knows me. I'm just not a big fan of matches that the whole time it's building to that finish and then like heel whoever comes in and hits the spot and it's over. I'm find more on TV or even something to set something up down the future. But I hate that with Seth and Gunther. I hate that here. It's just such like a do you think.
Speaker 2: If this was the main Like do you think if this was the main event, this is the exact same finish like Randy, just like straight cost and Cody.
Speaker 1: Because they've done that before, right, Like they've done that with Travis Scott, Like they've done the interference and bad guy wins, right, even Punk's not the bad guy. The crowd wasn't actually as hard on Cody as I thought they were gonna be, but they're definitely more for Punk. I And that's the other thing too. It felt like for the first half of match, not the crowd didn't care, but they were not really like into it, into it. I thought they were gonna be locked in, and it just felt like they they got near the end. It wasn't like quiet, but it just I thought it was gonna be a lot of like, let's go Punk, let's go Cody. It wasn't that. It was just kind of like it was almost like again, the crowd didn't know what to do either of like, well, all these stories are.
Speaker 2: Happening, I don't know, so yeah, it was just kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's where and maybe that's where if Punk would have turned heel, that would have been something would have been better for this down line. But we'll see. I hope they run this back. I feel like there's a better Cody and Punk match here. I don't think it's Cody the heel. I know there's rumors at the balls in his court. I don't think he's gonna do that yet. Really, I don't because I just don't if they want Punk to have the title for a while and Roman there, I don't. I don't think yet. I think I honestly have said this before. I think if Punk or if Roman Cody ever becomes a real life thing, that's what you say it for and you you turn it around. So what I was gonna say, uh, triple h. I guess on that. I don't know if it is a post shot or not.
Speaker 2: It's definitely it's definitely a cave fave presser. Like I haven't looked. I haven't looked, I haven't listened to it, but I saw one of the questions was like being asked about Damian Priests and that was like that was like a like a work shoot type thing like on Snack don Work Damian Pisa is like, you know, Cody, like we don't like like the tough guys, same spots, Like it definitely feels like that's a question you asked, Like that's It's like in storyline they would ask like character triple h that question. Like I don't even have to hear who asked them, but like I can, I can tell well.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's what because that came out like a couple of months ago. I think during like the Darby m Jeff thing, right, like them being like in their twenty early thirties, and then like the past week like there's no champions in the WD that's been born in the nineties, right, or even the brawn thing. I think they came up again after on real worms, like look at all these old champions even then my Tam Princess in his forty one. So it's like I get he's a new face, but it's like I don't like you represent the new the crop and everything, right, But I think.
Speaker 2: To be fair to preest it, I think he was like, you know, he's supposed to be like the locker room leader. So it's like I'm hearing what the what the boys are saying. You know, I'm just telling you, Cody, Yeah, like he's the nice guy. He's telling Cody, you know what the boys in the in the back are saying about him.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, might Shays rebels her shoulder injury. It seems pretty bad. I don't know I did yet. She has some treatment, she'd been taken a hoss with and scanzer on clans yet I know she heard shoulder seems pretty bad, but I don't have an answer. Yeah, hopefully she'll be there soon. Hopefully won't be as bad as we thought. Yeah, again, that sucks. Again. I'm not a big, huge bells guy, but I don't need anyone to be injured. I'd rather end it in a different way. And then, yeah, it just because and I've always said the money back to was like, just get the bell Like we've said that before, right with the whole briefing, I just get the bells back together. And twice they done.
Speaker 2: You were saying it before everyone else said.
Speaker 1: And it just sucks that they're actively trying and they can't. So yeah, so I guess we're kind of make the last days. We're on that and then the main event. Yeah, I have nothing to say here. I don't think they went above and beyond. I thought I was hoping for a bit harder stuff I got. They exposed the woods that's cool, but it just felt like it didn't really even need to be in the cell. It was felt like a more street fight and holds barred. So I just hope it even Brock would like get some color, you know, That's all I was like doing something. It just it just felt like a It felt like if you take those first two matches and put them together and it's a little longer, Supplexus fis fall grace, you know. I guess. Sure, it was fun to see Brock through the Tombstone tribute taker, sure, but this is like, I'm sorry I would fail this one too. That's me being grumpy. I know I'm being rumpy on that one, but I'm just like again, like it's just I'm over us. We did the same thing with Cody, we did the same thing with someone else, the trip. I'm done with the Brock trilogy thing. Like Oba is nowhere better off than he was where he was at WrestleMania, you know, like he's still over I don't think this helped him at all. I think he didn't hurt him. But yeah, I'm very excited for Ova to move on, and I don't think Brock's done unfortunately.
Speaker 2: I think Yeah, the report was like, he's coming back at Saudi. Yeah, he's probably not showing up until then, but the report is like, yeah, he's definitely gonna wrestle in Saudi at WrestleMania.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know we're gonna our thoughts one hundred. Yes, what are your thoughts on Brock and Oba? And if someone does defeat Obah, wh would it be? Would you want? I think be gone through? I think Oba like you, I think you wait for a while. Like, hey, technically Ricky Saints's beat Oba, you know the guy? No, I think you, I don't know technically still Brock beat him, Like you can always do that stuff, right, But like I look at someone like Cody, he's not Actually him losing a SAMI for that title was the first time he had lost clean since he's back in w w B. I think whenever Oba loses, it'll be Shenanigans. And if he loses clean clean, he'll be for a while. You know. Yeah, it's a call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, Roan just just be like Roan's like, you know, I'm working the rock at WrestleMania. You know, let's run this out, Royal Rumbell. You know, I'm going over. But you know, I'll, i'll you know, a little shake hands at the end.
Speaker 1: It'll be even bigger. People try to give me this ship back in the day with like Goldberg being Brock, Like oh, when you know the Brock Lezard beats Undertaker Streak and then Goldbert beats him, will be even bigger when someone beats Goldberg and like, no, and that's a Roman dude him, Like hey, when I beat Rock and then you come back and beat me for the second time, it's bigger for you Oba and then he's not gonna give it to You're gonna give it to Jacob or j or whatnot.
Speaker 2: But you know, but yeah, for this match, I mean, yeah, I had a fun time, Like definitely, like their first match is easily the one, uh the second one. I didn't hate it, like it was fine, but it was definitely like the most like finisher Spam Brock match of like maybe of all time, like even more than like the SnO one where he squashed him last year, like because this was like he hit like it was like fifteen f fives or something on Ova uh and Ova, Like yeah, in.
Speaker 1: The steps he killed them with those steps over the no in.
Speaker 2: That one like in Italy, Like he didn't even do like like instead of doing the sup like city, he did like an F five city like that was like the only Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nine f fives that was yeah, something like that. Yeah, they said that tonight where it's like it took nine f fives to bring him down, which again I always bring up that I understand that point, but at the same time, Obagan offense, it also makes him look like a little bit of a jobber. He's not, but just like it looks like he just couldn't get anything in, you know. But yeah, it took nine to be Yeah, so this one that was an enjoyable time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely didn't need to be like the Cell, But I mean, I assume that probably sells some tickets if you're an Uncie has a cell. I think really the more of the reason they went last is just because they're gonna do the like ripping apart the Matt spot. That's probably why, which I thought was like a cool idea. I thought he was gonna hit Brock onto the wood for the last drive, but may Brock was like, I'm not I'm not doing that, brother.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's like Oba fucked that up. He was supposed to, because if you watch the show that replay, Oba hits him and Rock bounces. Brock bounces. The second he hits the ground, Brock looks to his right at the boards of like, I didn't hit the boards, Like what the hell happened? So I don't know what happened, but yeah, that would be pretty nearly at least the tombstone, like the tombstone.
Speaker 2: I mean, his knees probably heard all.
Speaker 1: Taking all that right. But for Oba, if it's done right, you're really not doing anything the fall from grace. That's gonna fucking kill you big time if you're doing that on like just wood boards. So I would understand not taking that bump. But I think the crowd almost kind of expected that too, because I think it was like a oh and then when he turned, like it was so exciting, but you didn't get that like that huge reaction of like the boards and everything right. But you know, I guess Brock's owed the gun through. I imagine at some point here and I feel exciting for that match. I just I just know what it's gonna be. It's gonna be all this type of stuff, right, So who knows.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I never checked, like what the what the time was on that cell match? It didn't feel like insanely.
Speaker 1: Long, going to be maybe like ten twelve minutes, right, I'm sure Wikipedia, Yeah is it? Let's see some the slame night went. I'll find it. But uh yeah, anything else from the show.
Speaker 2: Overall, mm, I shouldn't think. I don't really think so. I think that's pretty much it.
Speaker 1: H anything else ww really we touched on a little bit. What did you think about Raquel Argrigez being so for the time because that took me by quite surprised. Brocken Ol was eleven forty by.
Speaker 2: The way, so just yees, yeah, Raquel, I actually thought the match was good. Like us, the people didn't like it because of the title change, but like the match itself, I thought was actually like it wasn't even bad. It was definitely like I didn't really expect it. But and and also that is another thing of like putting like a championship on like another heel, like definitely weird a supposed to like we were saying, like there's no babyfaces, But I mean I don't necessarily hate it. The decision of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder. I guess it's just the fall up right with the group and with Soul. I guess I was just surprised because that Soul's gonna get a better run, and I also thought that it might wait until And that's why I'm put these two thoughts together. That's why I wonder if Becky is gonna come back in as a face, because I thought they were maybe gonna run that back with Soul and Becky and go to that program. But if Soul didn't have it, I feel like Becky, you can turn her and get her back to be a baby face. I feel like she needs it. I know. I think her character is very divisive. I think that it like thought, there are lots of people enjoy it. I think there's lots people like myself that are on the camp that just think it's like I won't say, go away Heat, But for me, it's like it depends on the promo with Teeters on that where it's like, I'm not really enjoying anything I'm seeing from your back once you get the ring and again she's it's not that she's it's she does it well. I just don't like what she does. It's like if someone if you gave me a chef and they made me like, oh, this person makes the greatest uh mushroom soup in the world, it wouldn't matter. It's still fucking gay because I hate mushroom soup. So that's just like Becky's doing it. Well, it's just like I don't like this type of cheesy style she does. But sometimes here right, so.
Speaker 2: It's like me watching will Offspring match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's your warning Shot BRUV. You know we'll get there. My nickname that Warning Shop prov Yeah. Have you seen that? I was talking about buff and it's Oh, I love that one so much. But uh, yeah, is there any l s W or NXT related that you want to touch upon a shot? I'm trying to think there's NXT.
Speaker 2: Well, they are doing the Kendall Gray Lola Ice Underground match, which should be interesting because those underground matches are a mixed bag. Like sometimes they're just like very ridiculous fun and sometimes they're just like kind of like super short and like because they'll do like because it is like you win by knockout, so sometimes they'll try to do it make it like realistic, where it's like it just lasts like like three minutes or five minutes or something like that, and someone just gets knocked out and loses. And then sometimes they go like full crazy with it, like like they'll do like like like go through the announced table and like jump on all the people like on the outside and stuff. So it depends.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I think it should be interesting, especially like with Little of Ice and Kendall Gray like actually having like that like actual wrestling and MMA backgrounds. It could be an interesting match. So I'm excited for it. And that definitely does seem like Little Device's last match in NXC because she's like undefeated in the underground matches. That is like her match type. So I'll see on that well.
Speaker 1: And that's the case that if she goes to smack theon like you said, then they should definitely get somebody else over from smacting over there. I hate it when I saw some stat I think it's like what like been eleven weeks since Blake Monroe's like worked a match or something like that. My god, man, you kill me over here, like what's happening over there? You could you can strap her up to the rock and get her in the ladder match just to lose even you know, but and what is she I know, like the last time she like she attacked Tiffany, right, was that something I saw? Or was that wrong about that? She's in those videos.
Speaker 2: She's like she's talked to Tiffany like one one or two times in backstage she's attacked like a bunch of different people and talk to different people and like all the vackstage segments just like interacting with the different women on the roster. So it's kind of like, I do think she's probably gonna end up like like I said, like if they do do something like where Tiffany loses the time, Like I do kind of think they're building to Tiffany defending like against a bunch of people that like in like a four way or five way or something like that, and she might be one of those people in there because supposedly the plan was her and Tiffany at some or slam.
Speaker 1: Were right. I guess this happened too, right, And yeah, it's just like I would have taken that over the six woman, you know, like what we got tonight here like save that turn for raw SmackDown. But I digress and will quickly over this because we got some stuff locked Dan House and Dominic.
Speaker 2: I think Donic is winning.
Speaker 1: Do you think he gets a win?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no chance he's Yeah, I think Donica is winning here.
Speaker 1: Really you think Donald's gonna win, especially after he's been talking about w being like, I don't know how I feel this great of you know, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like he always does that. Well, then they know he's like never actually gonna leave, so they can just do what I really want to.
Speaker 1: How do you not think Dan Holston's gonna win his match? The human money's on a pole match, it's his match.
Speaker 2: I don't think so celebrity.
Speaker 1: You know he's gonna get in there. We haven't had jelly roll. I don't. I feel like you're cooking some so I don't want a pizza bet you.
Speaker 2: But like I'm not like, I just I don't know, like that's just like I'm feeling like like I just don't think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, you and I say trick versus trick ones just Baron Corbin I I again, everybody put the rocket on a big Bishop Dier. Yeah, he gets like a gun through like run with the I'm all for people getting money and the job. That's great and does' affect me too much because that's right now with the creative, I'm not watching weekly. But I just don't understand with all the town they have an XTA all town on the main roster, you have someone we always tell it was Carmelo Hayes. There's a bunch of people, right, A bunch of people are just sitting there. Baron Corbyn like a few years ago, was already like a d O, a like dead prospect, and it's just like you bring him back now, It's like why, like what do we do? I really I don't under.
Speaker 2: I mean I think that I think the reason is like they want Trick to work with someone who like who's like it's like save you know, they can trust this guy and he's like works like the Quinn essential like WW style, Like he's like he's like you know because he's like a PC, like he was in a Wrestlers before, so he's like, you know he's been there. You know he can work you know, WW against the WW heel. But I mean, yeah, definitely not the most interesting pick there.
Speaker 1: But that gives me more worried for Trick if they feel like they're gonna bring him Baron Corban to work them. You know, like there's nobody like I.
Speaker 2: Feel like I think, I mean they I think they already know what trick, like he has the aura, he has everything, but like the n ring is like he hasn't wrestled as much as some of the other US champions.
Speaker 1: No, well I remember, so yeah, I'm not gonna be doing that open imitations. Yeah, no you're not, Ye Davis is Glad Corby could play for he's firing and allar stakes gain. Yeah, the good friend, he's getting that money. This match clearly gonna be we know the winner, but I imagine the show stealer. Penta versus Chad Gale has a chance to depend on the time they could cut them. But I think aust Chad's getting the win. But I'm looking forward to that match. And uh, you know, Channa'll got a good reception. I match. You think the same thing, right, Chad's gonna win?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, And yeah it should be. It should be really good. Uh, they're for they their first match, like when Penta debuted was a really really great match, So yeah, this should be fun. I'm interesting. Obviously it's gonna be face versus face, but I think if they just kind of go all out, it doesn't really matter, like they just do like a big kind of like moves match. It doesn't really matter who who the face is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we already talk about Roman, well I tub about Roman stuff. But you think Roman's winning, right, Like there's no you don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely think he's winning. Like honestly, this match, like I don't really have much into like the feud hasn't really moved me, Like I haven't really cared about this this match, and like I don't know, like the match, like I don't know, I'm not expecting it really to be like amazing. I don't know why, like like I don't know, maybe maybe they both will be like fully locked in, but I don't know, there's just something like missing to it for me where I'm just not that excited about it.
Speaker 1: I agree, And I'm somebody that was like why, like if you want to do this, they've been pitching it for your resume, saying as Cody's punk. I was like, oh, save it for them, but it has felt off. Again. I think the formula probably would have been better if we had the original route right where Seth was the vision and Roman was.
Speaker 2: The baby, yeah, because the thing here is like and then they start trying to make like Seth the face, like they started with Seth does the face, and then they were the fans are like, we don't care, like Roman gets more money than you, and he's coolearly new he didn't remember.
Speaker 1: We talked about this in the Punk feud when he would cut these promos about oh, Punk does this and Punk does this and he doesn't care, and then Punk will just say the same like yeah, see, but like they didn't care, and I understood at the beginning, but it was like six months later or no, like a year and six months because Punk was hurt. And it's like, clearly you can see the crowd doesn't care that he left. They don't care that he might be a part. They don't care about Sam's name. Right, it's finding Sam is maybe more on a heel side. But it's like so when he started talking about this stuff like oh, he's not here, he's not doing this stuff, the people still cheer. They put up their fucking ones. You've got to find something else, and that's where just Seth.
Speaker 2: Makes They did that and then just like this week, they just went to like, Oh, I'm gonna beat you up in front of your family and you're just you're just my bitch now, And that was just like they just full one and he turned to like, yeah, you're gonna cheer.
Speaker 1: Ow now, yeah, And it's just it's odd. I think Seth. Yeah, Seth has like a big anchor on right now. I really don't know. He needs like a like a speaking of Baron Corn, I'm not saying he needs a broke gimmick, but I'm just using the examples of him and the Young Bucks because a Young Bucks.
Speaker 2: Seth the US title Open Challenge run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've done everything with him, and I just like there, I'm not saying it's over, right, because I remember that's what the example was a couple of years ago. Like I thought it was over for the Bucks, like when they were doing the like the self repair and it felt like the crowd just I know, they said like, oh we wrestled that in purpose. Still the crowd really didn't care. They're like, you know what we're And then you had people that were still the punk fans that were resentment towards them. So it was like a lot of like fuck these guys, like whatever, and then they come back and now it's like it feels like they're as hot as I've ever been. I won't say the hottest, but like close to it. Right, So I know a set all takes as a good program character. I tagged him something. I just to know, like what could the something be? You know? And that's what some writer needs to figure out, because I now think after this good keep away from Roman and the blood line away for a long time, I don't think you could do anything with him and Cody because he's not a heel, like I think the vision was that saving grace and then all that the vision buckled. Unfortunately, it's just like and there's nothing worse than when you turn a guy heal and they come back and it's like, well, I'm actually a baby face again, and it's like, well it's you know, they did a Edge and Judgment day. It felt weird for a couple of months, but I appreciate Edge. He's like he came back, He's like, sorry, I was acting like a dick. I won't do that again. And then he's the baby face again, right, and I was like all right, But the problem is I think this has happened to Seth like multiple times in his career, and I just really don't know what then not say the crowd and sheer or like him. I think the more of the match will at least be like a four star. But I feel like it's him. It's not just it is this program, but it's him. He needs He needs something and I don't He needs something or someone and I don't know what that is. I don't know looking at the roster, like a brand change is gonna be that because you can't go to smackdel punk again, God forbid. Like I don't know what it is. I don't know, you know, and it's not tru.
Speaker 2: I honestly think they had something with like him and montes Ford, like as a team or in some sort of fashion.
Speaker 1: Oh God, so you're gonna tell me Montesfortz gets out of the free prophets going to another team. Come on, let the man, let the man get singles run here.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know even just like the dynamic they had, Like I don't know, I feel like it's something like that, Like maybe Seth like in some sort of team is the answer, but I don't know if too, like like it's something where it just like completely changed, like not on like the same level, because it's like a whole different situation, but like in like the the Charlet's the sort of way where like they gave him like a tack team and just like hold like change their image completely.
Speaker 1: And I just don't know who that is because I I don't want to get to the point where it feels like the Jericho thing where it's just finds somebody or just stick.
Speaker 2: With Seth making his own like a painmaker type get makeer.
Speaker 1: I can see in the makeup. That's what it's stupid. Character was when he's taking people's eyeballs out pretty much back there with.
Speaker 2: Ray you know, yeah, the Monday Night Messiah God, that was an all really people are supposed to real like eliminates himself in a Survivor series.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: That's definitely like painmaker coda.
Speaker 1: There, Yeah, I was, you know what you're talking about. That's what it's like.
Speaker 2: Because Adam with the aop there too, it was AFP but he and Austin theory was in.
Speaker 1: There for a what started like some potential. But you know that's why again, never win Baron Corman, get trick, do the swamp, get him on raw, have Seth work with him for three months, like, hey, you're gonna want our sess wing. You guys are gonna hop a tail this or something, and you're gonna like you're gonna learn some more stuff fromhim, you know, buddy, Yeah, yeah that can be something, but we'll see you track that. But again, I actually do think they will pull out a good match, and please like the thing they did tonight, Nozill fought to know nothing. If market this is this is the last time, then let them fucking just go out and just had the match. Roman beats him and maybe even shake hands or something. I don't know. I like this. I can't remember what tweet I saw, so I can't create the person. Do you think anyone will hit a death rider in this match?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I hope it happens. I hope it happens. I don't know, you know what. I would love that both did it, but I would I would love it if one of them did, you know. And again that's something too where it's just like.
Speaker 2: It's you know what, I couldn't. I don't think. I don't see the death writer, but I think Seth could do like the DDT just like the normal true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that, like or like the whe when he locks the arms like.
Speaker 2: The yeah, like like that. Yeah, the Dirty Dead's DDT done dirt cheap.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people do that. Well, I mean that's a you know, that was Blake Monroe's first study you finisher, like Cory Jades finisher, she did that. Well, she does it because she's a she's Dean Ambrose fan, so and it does make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's talk about I see this last.
Speaker 2: The comment here about a big cast. We haven't talked about that because he's debuting on RAW. I mean, what what what is he gonna do?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Is he just gonna like well, I mean there's two options. Either he beats up Chad Gable or you know, he beats up big room. We're running that back twenty sixteen, ten years later. Yeah, you don't see a big big cast.
Speaker 1: Are you fucking kidding me? Get that out of there. In no way he's working big bro, There's no fucking way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be exactly what happened with Russev, like that, he gonna come in, get a little heat and then he'll just be around and not much going on. Are they not doing him and Enzo?
Speaker 2: I thought that was the whole thing, supposedly, supposedly supposedly not like like though all the video packages and stuff has been like he's doing it on his own, like he's coming back a new man. But I can't really tell if he's supposed to be a healer of face. I mean, I guess we'll see who he attacks.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this big cast here, Oh he's thirty nine, all right, Yeah, I really do. Yeah, I think attacking Chad Gables the way to go. I think you do that. Heat him up for a little bit. Maybe maybe put him with Seth that sas new partner, you know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, just set you know all the jerk game. It's like Seth makes this well. I was gonna say Seth Seth learning tree as the vision, like I remember, I'm pretty sure you did say that on the promo of him saying like bron is under his learning tree, and people were meaning that.
Speaker 1: So I don't even have me talk about Bronny either. That's some bad ship. I'm seeing my time every Monday. Egacy screached all.
Speaker 2: The clips of them, like the backstage segments, just standing there with this tag title.
Speaker 1: It's brutal. And again we never know how much that show is real. We didn't talk about it. I didn't watch this year for that whole Like, well, we don't want bron to win the rum al though, because we're gonna stuck up people's throats. You fucking kidding me, man, Like, there's some bad there's some bad people. It's the real thing if it's a real, like an actual thing, not just like a fake real Shoot, that's a real thing. There's some bad people back there. There's bad stuff going on. But speaking of bad stuff, let's talk about aw Redemption, which everyone's held as the worst eight show of the year, which I could I agree with. Now, granted it's definitely on a scale, you know, because again this is where I am. I'm not trying to be that, but when you have this on Sunday and then the next day you got Ryan Garcia, Pound round Down Hanson and John Henry and like, I'm gonna take this poor aw Ridge show every day of the week. But yeah, it was one of these shows. It was exactly like people meaned upon. It wasn't no way out. It was a fast Lane. Yeah, need to be there. It's because, don't get me wrong, Aw's had a good year and they've had some shows that have like done better virus than they thought. So I think Tony's just going like, hey, how can we make more money? But I think there was two big problems here, and I know lots of people. It's it's so funny the online stuff of sometimes people don't fall scoops or whatnot, but like so many people calling mgf out and there was like Dave and someone else is like he's fucking hurt, like like why would he work? Like so there's this trending tweet where it's like he really fucked this show over and he really would. It's just like every like his knees all banged up. So that's what it's one. Like, Yes, Kenny winning the town here would have been bigger. It would have been a build up, and it would have been the idea of hey, I think because you were locked in that and we're all locked in now that Kenny is somehow gonna get to the title picture. But still would have been like you know, no for sure, right with Kenny and M Jeff. It could have been just M Jeff beats him, he'll move. But with Kevin Knight and Kenny, you knew for sure nothing was happening. I actually really fucking loved this match. The reason I love this match is because Kenny just at one point became like due Japan there. I can't remember the sequence he hit something, and then he became new Japan Kenny where he was just talking shit to him. He's like, you're not ready, kid, You're not even as good as you say you are. You know you're never gonna be me, and he's just like hit him with v triggers. And what I loved is Kevin Knight didn't have like a hot fire comeback because he's a heel. He was just like, there was like three minutes where he's just getting beat up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw like all the selling cliffs of Kevin Knight where he was just getting like, yeah, thrown around by Kenny.
Speaker 1: At one point he just threw them over the table. And Kevin Knight looked so fucking pathetic. He looked like a little kid. But that's what because he is a heel, it looked great because it looked like a young boy thing. It looked like you're not ready for this and that's what it should be. But it was still a really great match for that, again the same way I said with Summer, Simon, Punk and Cody was great. That really could raise that show for me. So the show ended on like a well, okay, actually didn't but like the match ended on like a high note for me. But again, yes, m Jeff and Kenny would have been bigger. I think a big mistake. But I guess it's tough too because Taqusha's in the g one. But I do think Kyle and Takesha should have been here, but then he's in the g one, so maybe you can't do that. So this did feel like one of those things where it is like a all like a fine book show, but the town has to raise the levels up. I think they only could do so much with this show, and there was some bad stuff in here. The Dogs match fucking sucked, and again tum about bad stuff. What is going on?
Speaker 2: Like he can't report to that supposedly after this match he's a banged.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah, I saw and they said, hopefully it's not too bad. Injury man, this sucks. He's just injury promy. I don't know, but still he didn't lose the match because he was injured. They had him lose to the dog. So the dog has been drawing everybody. I don't care that they cheated with the Shealeley and the jeath right is going involved.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's funny, like they're in a chain match, but like the finish was a chilly like you could have just hit him in the head with the chains like wrapped up or something or like I don't know what his finisher is, but you know, like wrapper knee or fist and the chains and hit him.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so and that's why I have a lot of problems. It's so weird, right because I'm gonna go over some of this. Was there anything of this show you watched?
Speaker 2: I watched, I think just the women's matches.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'll lead those lasts because actually the women's I actually have really no problems with right now. Funny enough, I actually think that's the best thing going right now. But I'll say that where the bad stuff is. I mentioned that stuff Bandido. We've talked about four I'm not gonna rant. The roh stuff is a fucking disaster. This is why even the Athenas stuff It's like, I don't care that they have these long running RAH titles because they lose to all these people Bandido every three weeks. He gets built up and he just loses. He has this great match, but it's almost hard for me to invest in the match because I just know he's just gonna lose. You have this, which is a huge right for me, this fucking six way title match, title match for not even for the world title, it's for the International title. So for Kryle Fletcher's title. Mike Bailly, Yeah, so contendership he wins. That's great, cool, Mike Bailey, he can give you a great match him. I thought you're gonna kill it. So then that not even a few weeks later the next show, after Commander gets a title shot, Jack Perry and Nick Way for different titles, but still now Jack Parry, Nickway and get title shots, and all these other titles are all we have fifteen secondary titles, so it's the same ranking. It's not like they've said, hey, it's the aw title and then the International and then the rest are all lower.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: John mox is walking around the thing, it's the world title. He's literally doing like the seampunk World like he did this whole speech of like no one can ever beat me for this, and I want you all that's what we got this fucking tournament now, which is like, why why is he in this tournament? Why are we doing another tournament? That's my biggest pet peeve right now is there's like I didn't even watch com I watched Commander Maxley barely because I'm just like, I'm getting annoyed of I understood when we started AW and they did the wins and losses records, and I understood the pros and the cons that why some people didn't like that, like the interim titles, but we need to find some bounce because like it literally feels like wins and losses mean nothing right now with these secondary titles are just they lose them Oxley, great, you, then you go on to lose a Fletcher, Then you go on to lose them you know now on draw day and it's just like that's why I can't like it. And it's weird because it felt like AW steam was really picking up, and it just feels like they are like they're just like holding on till all in and they just don't They're just like buying time and even some of the Kenny of Oscar stuff will get to But it's just it's my biggest and planative right now. It's the secondary not having so many secondary titles it sucks. But these people just like losing and there's not even like they're not contenders, and not any point do I think command who's gonna beat John Moxley or Kyle Fletcher. You know, it's just I don't know. It's I don't know what the fixes, and I don't think there is a fix because I think Tk's just like, well, if it's a good match, it's good, right, Like that'll overcome it. But like I feel like that's not happening right now. Christian Cope, they beat Deaf Fries, which was actually a fun match. I like their matches didn't need to be eighteen minutes. No, not the long matches here and Rodd again the toel that's great, see what happens there. I really don't know what they're doing with MGF. I really wonder if, like I know he's planning to work it, but I really wonder if his knees not like good to go. I don't know, because again it doesn't he make sense story wise, why he go up for Andrade ANDRODDI didn't screw him at the title that was Ospray Osprey took the ring from him, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean with m JF. Yeah, at first I thought like, I think maybe if he wasn't injured TV working on Rodi and uh Mexico, I feel like, but yeah, I don't really know what m jeff is gonna do it all in because I was also thinking like maybe like Hangman or something like that, or but now Hangman's probably gonna do like a trio as all in or or maybe like honestly, I think they're gonna do like I think Hangman and that crew that he's a building are going to be involved in like a like an anarchy in the arena stadium Stampede type thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that could be it. Yeah, I think they like I say, like.
Speaker 2: The like the well I guess the demand They were in the last to stay in Stampede, but they could be in there again. But yeah, it'll be like Hangman and.
Speaker 1: The Writers aka Combat Club, like you know, yeah, you know. So, yeah, they call themselves the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Supposedly what they're going to be, which is so funny because like, I don't know if you're around for this, but one of the biggest fantasy bookings was a team of Hangman Bandido and who's the other guy, Brian Keith, Yes, and all of them are always social media. I love do. I love to do that, so I love they're doing that. But they replaced Brian Keith Broan King was no cowboy gimmick whatsoever. But you know, it's fine. And I saw that.
Speaker 2: I was like, I guess this is what I remember Brian Keith like he wrestled like on Collision, like like three months ago or something in like a completely different gimmick and yeah, and then it was just like never mentioned again.
Speaker 1: He had this like very like fine match and that's what Moxley does. That's and I called it. I said, there's no way Max is not doing a singles match. From the cardon, He's doing a singles match, and they're doing real.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be him and Nigel at all in god what, Yeah, because Nigel's in the tournament and because and he's gonna get the belt too, because he's never gonna wrestle in ro O, Michigan. When he loses.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 2: I just feel like and people noticed that they've been putting uh, Paul White on a collision commentary like as a three man booth. So people are thinking like I just gonna win, and uh, that's your new commentator there.
Speaker 1: My hope is that he's gonna be the same brack and they're just hype it because I saw Moxley did call him out. But they're gonna be same bracket. It's just like a match or a seven.
Speaker 2: I think that's the I think that's all in match like Wembley.
Speaker 1: I Nigel still good, Like he's still good, but he's not. He's not who used to be. It's just like that man mocks this is Nigel.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'd have to look at the rest of the tournament to see, but so far, it's like I think it is just like all the congloboration, like I guess Orange Cassidy, Roddy Strow, Kyle O'Reilly. It's like that tier of guys in there. I mean, Commander's Arealy gonna be in there? Who else? Like who else is like on that? You get that tier like Mark Brisco you know, getting another other title put him in there.
Speaker 1: That can't see the match. There's no way that came. Like I don't not saying you're.
Speaker 2: Wrong, but like I don't know because like are any of those other guys, like even just like on paper, like it's like a stadium match that.
Speaker 1: Was sixteen, So there's still gonna be some people we don't know about, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess so, but still like I feel like if you're every yeah, I mean, the rumor is like a lot of people are gonna be in that men's casino gauntlet, So I would.
Speaker 1: Rather Monsley be in there, Like man, I just I don't know. I'm so.
Speaker 2: Moxley just retains it at all in Holden is his cup and the title.
Speaker 1: And now if you like, what's the oh, because.
Speaker 2: It's the Continental Cup, you don't just what if you win the tournament, you win the title and you win this new Continental Cup. That's what the tournament is, the Continental Cup tournament, and if you win, you win the Continental Cup. They showed it in the video Package's like a big silver trophy.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, I actually think Max is winning. I don't think.
Speaker 2: Also, if you lose in this tournament as the champion, I assume you lose your title so then I guess every single one of these matches the tournament will be a title match for Max. Then he's just the farming uh these defensive if we had an aw draft, you know, actually be like a cop back.
Speaker 1: I just feel like it's just he's like, oh this will do. We gonna cup and like like I just no, probably will lose because he will be Osprey's first defense. Right because you didn't watch on Wednesday, but it very much was that we can talk about this stuff. It very much was like, Okay, we're not gonna settle this down, but we're gonna settle this down the road. Because it was way too easy for the death writers, who are apparently psychle killers, can be like, okay, go down your own path. Will I guess what you're gonna do. No, Moxley, try to fucking murder Brian Danielson on TV. He's just gonna be like see you later, will So no, I think they just I think luckily, whether it was in the plans works. We know all these bookers read online, right, I think they saw enough. He'll be like Asprea cannot win this title one, there's enough Peel saying Osprea can't win this title in general right now. But two, most people are like, even if you want to, he cannot win the title with the death writers around.
Speaker 2: There's no way, right, what else saying like last shot of all In is a him with the title being held up by Daniel Garcia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's where again to that before I forget, I did really appreciate when they tried to kill Kenny Omega, if you'll forgot when they killed Brian Park brought in Utah for a hug and like hold him against his will. I know you're not a Utah lover. I thought you. It was great here he like brought Will for a hug. He's like, yeah, this is something like I got him. No, like it's it's supposed to be comedy. He's like, I got on you go ahead, and then like Will breaks out of his grass really easily. It was such a good call back. And again you just like solo, maybe there's a there's a great comedic wrestler that just brewing there. But yeah, they did some bloodline uh def Riversoner, which again, man if Max was back in w could you imagine the Max the match Moxley would have. I know he probably did Den Ambrose again, but like, could you imagine that match be incredible and maybe match the like worst match to your candidate, Like.
Speaker 2: I mean, who would be like like the Death Writers and if Moxy.
Speaker 1: So Garcia could leave, which he should have. Now he's getting he got fucking killed by Osprey in two seconds on TV he confirms, you know what, he's a job He's a jobber, he's a death writer job like he and he's actually like worse than you to like you'd at least got like that like mixed tag pay per view match or whatever, like Grand Slam with the Marino when he got his head shaped like he's he's the bottom of that group, which is crazy because a bunch of us, myself include thought, oh, when he joins the Death Writers, that's gonna be the recipe. No, he should have went to fucking NXT and that's when he gave a lot more money. He should have went. He should have went.
Speaker 2: I feel like Tony definitely gave him a lot more money compared to Table No, like I know, but thinks everybody money that's like his thing.
Speaker 1: Well, but now the rumor is not so much who's Jack Parron? Who is the other person resigned. Oh with sam that's anything where that's the rumor. Now He's like, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Go I think Sammy hasn't. That was just like I guess in the end, it was just like a rumor or something like anything.
Speaker 1: Again, nothing's changed with this.
Speaker 2: But Tamela time Ella did did leave.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, I do think Tony Hans stopped doing this stuff because I do agree with some people and like, I know, like we both self made. They put that there before where he was always worried about them going there and then breaking out. But it's like I think we've seen Ricky and a couple other people. It's not it's not a guaranteed thing now it's just like ww, it's like they're not gonna push everybody from aw now right. So it's like Tony doesn't have to pay these people elaborate money. And again, DJ get your bag, but like or did you get your bag? But just like what do you think you're just wasting away? You're just sitting in boiler rooms doing push ups and like dobbing out. Like again, he'll and then what happen is every couple of months he'll have a great match with somebody and was like oh yeah, Daniel chrisy you can go right, and then he's back there. So yeah, they wanted to kill Omega. He doesn't, he gets them out of there, Omega kills him. I didn't know where this is going. But the promo other than the gun meme aside, which it is funny, but like the Kenny Omega stuff was great. It is very much like it feels like they're trying to make him heal ish. But what happen is the match will be over those shake hands and we always loved you. I am very happy they've ditched the friends stuff, even they had to have will Osbury sag well friends no boy like they had to. It's so like obvious. But I've always said this, like I never understood why they made them. They're in the ring time about how they love each other. That's we never saw this on screen. This never happened. It's fake chemistry. So I'm very happy, even if it was in a rushed way and convoluted that they just dropped the friendship and Kenny actually like he's much better. I love Kenny Omega and I know I wants them to have a babyface run. People just gotta get on board. He's much better as an arrogant face as a baby face. He's a fine promo. The arrogant promo he cut on Wednesday when he was like an anime villain and he's just monologuing. God damn, he's so good. And when he slat Will the first time he slapped and wilcomes back, you can see Kenny's handprint on his face.
Speaker 2: Those those a vicious slap there, especially because Oscre was like mid mid talking there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was so good, so that heated up. So yeah, I'm still very much looking forward to this match. I think it's gonna What this reminds me a lot of is Sasha Bangs versus Bianca bell Air, where the lead up to it was fucking dog shit, but the match end up delivering. I feel like that's what this is gonna be, where the lead ups been very iffy, but it's gonna end up delivering. So we're you know, Osbury's gonna win. That's I know a lot of people are meaning and they want Kenny to beat him, but like that's not gonna happen. You know why, because they shouldn't go back to Wimbley next year. They're all like they're not. They're it's they're having hardest time ever and that market. I'm not saying they should not go ever, but to be like their big event like all in go somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I mean I even thought like the Year Away was gonna help with the Texas, but not really. I mean I think, yeah, like they can definitely like at a minimum, like even just announcing the show, like tickets go on sale. They can pretty much like auto sell like thirty K. So I think it's best if they just like do different stadiums. They're just like a huge or like I don't know what the biggest capacity arenas in the world are, but like you can book other big stadiums and do well, and.
Speaker 1: Then you have to go to one with every time saying what if everyone keep saying the best crowd of year. Fucking aw Dynasty over the Vancouver, we fucking rocked to We have a stadium, the BC Lione Sam just across from the arena, come over here, come to Canada, like just mix it up a bit. But yeah, I we'll see what happens. I think what's gonna happen is I do think Alan is going to be a great show. I think the cards, you know, look really strong. You know, we got the guns back. We'll see what happens there. I think they we've talked about this before. It looks like they aretist doing the Bucks and edgend Christian. Maybe they'll do that Multiman stuff later on. I still I guess if you want Bucks to win, maybe that's why they're doing it. But I still thought that, you know, the history of wrestling take teams way to go, but they still should if Tony Khan doesn't book a four way of or five way, because I the FTR is actually still signed with AW. I didn't know that. I thought they were done, but they're not.
Speaker 2: They're still sign They're just like on a break because they're like I think I mentioned us on the last game of like I was watching an interview with them that they're like pretty banged up and they're just like taking a break for like I think they said, like the first time, like if it's like the first time like non injury, they've like ever taken a break and wrestling or something like.
Speaker 1: That's the And that's why I wonder if they were around, if you would have got the big tag team match. But I would see T.
Speaker 2: They are even working like they're working like a rev pro show, like like all in weekend in London, so they're like they might like pop up at all in in some sort of way.
Speaker 1: But yeah, to me, TK, I'm not gonna call you anything if you know you're making good investments or anything like that, but like, if you don't do this new Day aka day Break versus Guns versus Box with the Educa's f TR, may.
Speaker 2: They even do it like at all all out like you have them all de view it all in and then it's like we're gonna they could that could be like an all out main event. If you're not doing like Osprey versus Mox, like right away it all out, then no they're gonna. I mean it is possible because now all out with like a.
Speaker 1: Month Wednesday, that fucking plastic bag's coming out and they're gonna be like, oh, we got this legendary take team match. That could be an event, right Like I don't think so, you know, we'll be Andy's been working on this for a while. I was like, all right, Ox leg old, we'll give We'll give you the match and then here we go and again, Hey, I liked that Dynasty match, so we'll see what happens. But yeah, and then on the women's side, we had my World beat Cheeta, which is incredible because Tony Kahan has been a merchant for never like many times not falling up on someone's momentum. So that's great to see there. I was very worried. This is twice now that he's made me happy. Champa. I was very worried on Roh didn't even though another bad thing on his card. He did not need to lose to Jericho. I don't like seen this all in fantasy booking of Jerich overs Kevin Knight at all. I do not like that. Why do Jet Well, yeah, I just put Jet in the fucking just put him in the in the gall and I.
Speaker 2: We think of Ken Knight's new theme too. If people talking about it like.
Speaker 1: A time, I got to hear one more time because like to me, the thing is like the drop.
Speaker 2: The drop takes like way too long, Like he's like halfway down the ramp and it like hasn't dropped yet where it's like it kind of needs to be, Like you know, he walks out there, he does like a pose and then like the music drops, he was like it was still like loading up for a while.
Speaker 1: The thing that bugs me the most is his fucking gimmick is the one to look up to. But there's a number one and then number two in this tagline. It bugs the ship, like, no, you can't use two numbers, just use one of them. It's the one number one to look up two. It hugs me. And because this on the Redemption was on the huge time troun I'm like, what is that?
Speaker 2: Who designed it?
Speaker 1: You know that's what it is? So yeah, Jered I I don't know, man, I think Jericho. It's it's like he had a couple of good months and we were kind of like, okay, I think he's found a way to like smartly work and then he's like, no, I'm back, like I'm back to toy now, and it's just like pain Maker came out. He's being chopped with like Chomp was on the run of his career, like on the next Tea stuff. It was great. All he had so much momentum you could believe him as a Kenny Omega like challenger, like that's you could believe that he could maybe even win the a W world title. For like a month or two, and now it's like, yeah, he just lost to Jericho on pay per view. Great but yeah, sorry, back to the women my world she has that. I'm not sure what's gonna happen all in. I hope they give her on that.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be like like uh four. I think it's gonna be like her versus uh stat Lander versus Sida versus Persephane.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, well think I get Persephane some wins there. You know she's been she's the new Bandido, She's the Bandino. But yeah, I could see that. I hope that happens. I even if what I would like if it's not Forsephonie and they have no plans with her because they know you talk about the storm stuff, but I would very much like tech Le to be in there. I'm the same way of like with MJF it felt weird. I understand a bit more now, but Techla it does feel weird that she had this good run. I think she got a littlementum and if she's just not on the all card, to me, that's super fucking weird. So I'm waiting to reserve judgment because they know they're doing a lot with that stardom stuff and maybe there's something there. But if there's nothing, I would say, then just give her a spot because she's worked hard and she's gonna say she's going on for that title. It's clearly the same thing like Monain uh will. It's not a triple threat, like that's gonna be.
Speaker 2: A one on one, right, So yeah, you know yeah, so yeah, I guess, well we can talk about that a little bit later. But yeah, the Maya and Cheetah, I didn't really think this was a good match, but I mean that's the kind of like even like Cheetah man. Yeah, I mean, sheida like she's she's washed, but some of the stuff she does I still literally like, like the knee strikes are still like they still pop me, even though she like just like walks around very slowly. It's not very good, but I don't know, I still enjoy watching your matches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a fine match, and I still think, like I hate to be that guy. I'm not trying to be like Meltzer, who is still not rewatch this match, but like it happened in the Mercedes match, Like I mean, there's still few spots. It's like La Knightish where Mike gets like really excited and goes for something.
Speaker 2: I mean the thing she's she's only like been wrestling for like three years or something like that.
Speaker 1: And that's where completely I'm not that worried like Ellie Nightworth, Oh man, you're still doing this stuff. No. I to me, she just feels like a almost rookie who's just got a lot of heat, So go with her, and I'm completely fine. They can learn on the spot. I'm not saying, oh yeah, push your back.
Speaker 2: No. No, I mean even interesting enough, like the not the current like stardom like what would be their World championship, but the previous one, like the one who ended like their Top Stars reign, was like a rookie and it was like a like a shock win and then the whole run was like can they really like prove it against like the top people, and then they just lost like two months later. But I feel like it could be a similar thing for for my world, where like she gets this run and then for a while she's not like at the top again, but it's still like on the shows and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, no, I could see that it's hopefully the spot going. It'll be fun. And then yeah, you had, uh, Willow beat Tekla in a in a good match, but Techla's matches continue to have like weird finishes. I hated that she just got.
Speaker 2: I don't get. I don't I don't get why Willow couldn't just like pin her with her finisher. Yeah, like it just felt weird. I'm not taking I mean she took it like earlier in the match, so I don't know, it is very weird.
Speaker 1: You gotta keep me strong. Feels like a Moxley finished, like I'll lose the back I'll use the backslide, but I'm not I'm not putting them over. But yeah, so that happened. And it's funny because we talked about this before, right when we were like when Willow was originally in the tournament and it looked like she's gonna win him, like, well, how like what's Mercedes doing? And then Dave them talked about how well the original plan now because when the original plan was for Mercedes to win the title and Willow to win the tournament, and then because she got hurt, they flipped it. So that's where we had mercedeses with tournament winner and Willow as the world champion. So I think I'm up two minds where the title win. I thought the match was good. I think the finish was meager, but then I think the promo with Mercedes really saved it. And I'll give credit because you know gold Player season chat there he took his nephew. See the crowd, I don't know why this random Detroit crowd was just fucking on fire this week, like the whole all the matches were fired, but specifically for Willow. She was like fucking like two thousand and twenty one Cody Rhodes over there. It was crazy, like I don't know what was going on, and like it was, there's a great momentere Mercedes like making fun of her, and then she looked at the crown Willow point. There's just that sign of the people like they were spelled Willow multiple things. It Unfortunately, it reminded me of Mercedes and Britt Baker's first promo. Now, luckily, I know the match is gonna be better, but I remember being like, man, we're going all in and what a great promo, and then that happened.
Speaker 2: And we talked about that. Well, actually I think that might have been. It might have been in Detroit too. I think that promocause there's someone I follow who's in Detroit who always posts like clips of all the shows he's been to, and I feel like recently posted a clip of one of those promos, So it might have been in Detroit too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that Yeah, it would be funny you found that. But no, this promo worked miles and it's just like it may they won't do it because of Osprey, but this promo had Kenny did deliver to so I'll say that I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, you see the you see the the YouTube views on those promos, like Kenny and Osprey had like got like fifty k viewers, and the Willow and Merceesa like one hundred and twenty k. On like the Age I think it was on. I don't think I was on the official one, but it was like the Bleacher Report channeler or something like the No it was.
Speaker 1: It just had the fire, and I hope they can keep that going. Luckily, it's only like now like we're I think under third Yeah, we're under thirty days to all in, so I think they can. But it it I was always sold because like they can do a good match. I was surprised that's throughout they're going. But no, I thought this problem was fantastic. I think the crowd helped a lot. I think Mercedes came up as a terrible hill. What do you what do you think about any of this stuff with the match Willow Mercedes and then also who do you thinks winning this early prediction? Uh?
Speaker 2: For for the match of will and Teckler, like the will of.
Speaker 1: States, Yeah, start there and work your way up to the Yeah.
Speaker 2: For the match, I thought it was a fun time. It was good. It wasn't anything crazy like I said. The finish, like I said, the finish was like weird with the backslide. It didn't feel like a huge like crowning moment for Willow with that, which was she was the.
Speaker 1: Champ defending, not winning her first world title, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, and sky Blue was out there doing interference and no Julia Hart because she's in a in Japan right now. But uh uh yeah, the match it was it was good, like I enjoyed it, but definitely kind of left a bit to be desired. I would say, I guess just going to like what Techles going to do out all In. I don't really know, Like they haven't announced the women's Gauntlet, at least I didn't see, so I don't know if they're going to do one or not.
Speaker 1: Because you had that theory, you were thinking they might do something to start them.
Speaker 2: They right, because you yeah, because they're the trios champions in startup. Uh and I thought they, I mean they might do something like very last minute, like a free show or something. I don't know, but uh uh yeah, I don't really know what she would do besides that unless she's just completely gone and returns like after all In or something like that.
Speaker 1: Terrible.
Speaker 2: Uh. And then for will and Mercedes, yeah, I definitely agree with like the build up has been just with that one week been good already. I'm excited for that trios match they're gonna have of the Yeah, it's a Willow and the brawling Birds against Mercedes and Divine Dominion, which.
Speaker 1: They need to Again, people are mean because it was a very like sexualized group, but they should have saw Mercedes and then be like a like a three group, like a three lady group, like like there is something. A couple of weeks ago, when they won that Trios tag, it was like there's something here. We don't know what it is, but there there's there's some some magic here you could keep keep going with. So uh, we'll see that. I like that they keep keeping them together right now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and for the match it all in. I mean I kind of feel like like Willow has to retain it all in is what I'm thinking. Yeah, I think I think with Mercedes you could, like I think she could end up being the chimp like by the end of the year. But I think with this story, you have to have Willow win this first match.
Speaker 1: It's tough because it's like and we know which way the kennyo Osprey things going, but it feels like that right where like oh, Kenny, you just want the title. You can get get a few defenses in, but then it's gonna lose it. Same thing for Willow, do you.
Speaker 2: I think I think if Willow retains and like and her and Mercedes have like a great, great match, that's like you're like cementing Willow as like just like the the number one, like Bayface.
Speaker 1: And even though when Mercedes came to the aw she to beat her for the TVs title. I think there is something that you can do a you know, this person always has your number sort of deal, right, and she that was even the part of the promo where it's like all my accomplishments always have like this asterisk, and it's you like, for some reason, you kind of keep butting into the history I'm making. So I think it's interesting of like Mercedes should win. I you're right, she could win the World Tell before the end the year, but like you do maybe want to say it for that big show, but like she can't win Owen for a third time, right, But it's also tricky because she wasn't supposed to and like even then, I guess the idea was she was supposed to the original planet, she was gonna win it before all in, right, so that they don't even feel like they have to wait till all in for Mercedes to get the title, Like you were talking about she could win it before the end of the year. So I think I am under the impression that Willow is gonna win. But I think with that knowledge of they did plan for Mercedes to win the tow at some point and her winning the Owen for a second time, Like do you want to repeat that story of her and Tony where she wins the you know, wins the Owen goes there and then loses. That's why I think makes the match interesting though, because I think you go either way. But I think I'm also in the Willow camp. I think she's gonna retain here. I think it helps Willow more to win than it would help Mercedes to win. Here. Mercedes can always win at some point, but Mercedes is like already fully cemented, right, doesn't have to worry about that where Willow she is, but like with this momentum, she's again right now, you could really keep that going. So yeah, yeah, anything else from aw side, we've missed him talking about.
Speaker 2: Uh, I guess you have the Athena you know next to Roh Defense announced the gonna be a Hazuki from stardom, which she was in the h Owen tournament that had the really great match with the Mercedes, and she's one where like like usually in stardom, like fans of any wrestler like don't want them to leave, but like for Azukier, fans like just like don't like her booking and stardom and want her to leave, and it seems like she's gotten over like in the US, like extremely quickly, Like she was in a tag match on Collision like after that was in it like this week and was like insanely over. So she's one where I could see maybe she is just the one, like because we were thinking, like my world might be the one to beat Athena. But now I think like there's a chance that like Hazuki just beats her and then like they just drop the all Elite graphic like right afterwards.
Speaker 1: I I hope, man, I hope get that thing off Athena. Let's let's move forward. But yeah, that could happen. I guess just for the meme of it, I'll just say Atina is gonna win again, and then you know they'll.
Speaker 2: Curvers, Billy Starts five, have a.
Speaker 1: Fifth in a lifetime, finally be there. But yeah, hopefully that happens. So and we didn't talk we talked about on a little bit, but yeah, the Guns they got it signed as well, so there could be some new people come in. But yeah, hopefully that happens with Athena and then she moves over, because I know there's been rumors that she's supposed to move over, but I feel like we've heard this before. I just want to be locked in. And you know that could be a great Willow PA per view challenger as well too, you know, like right off of that, they could have some really good stuff there. So I guess we'll see, but there you go. I think we're all caught up. So yeah, tomorrow will just be some for SU Night too, and then SA's well update the draft results and then yeah, I guess the next time we do show, probably try and do maybe one more before. We're definitely gonna do one on the twenty ninth after all, and we'll probably try and do one more all in and then a gmodes somewhere, but we'll figure that out. We'll we'll take a look and stuff, so we'll go from there. Anything else that's.
Speaker 2: Pubs ummm, I don't think so that'd.
Speaker 1: Said, Well, there you go. We'll be back tomorrow fortnight too, and I promise you it will not be b