Speaker 1: Hey, listen to Commandical Podcast episode four forty seven. I'm Brando, I'm here. It's riding. We're gonna jump down off the red wall and talk about some rabbits and squirrels, some rats and some frogs and shit. Now in our theme s. Hey Ryan Brack for yet another whirlwind adventure.
Speaker 2: How you doing good? What is going down?
Speaker 1: Whole bunch is going down. We got a new set to talk about a bunch of new legends, although fewer than normal, which I'm actually really excited about. And all of them are interesting in some way, which I'm kind of pumped about too, even the is it ones, even the is it ones, They're making an effort and I like that.
Speaker 2: Hey, good job, right, So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Before we get to any of that kind of stuff, we have to thank our official business daddies, Fusion Gaming Online dot Com, your source for all.
Speaker 2: Your gaming needs.
Speaker 1: And we have to thank Pile of Bones Brewing Cold. They are the official beer sponsor of c CEO Sidewalk Slam Season two right here on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, holy smokes, and big thank you to the Different Avenue Media Network. You'd see it on the TV behind us if you're watching on YouTube. What should be very much because editor Joe works really hard and we actually got producer Gary out of bed this morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are here very early because there's accountants, there's double recordings, we got suit fittings, we got frickin lunches, we have set building, we got all sorts of stuff that.
Speaker 2: We're doing this weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so bright and early we're up here.
Speaker 2: It was like going to work. I had to get up so word, so many fun things to talk about, So let's get right into it. Big thanks to Fusion Gaming online dot com new promo code CCO Summer at checkout on the screen right now. If you're gonna buy these cards anyways, you might as well get a discount on them.
Speaker 1: Pro strat pay less for things that you want.
Speaker 2: It's that easy. Yeah, It's like one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine letters you type in ten ten if you hold the caps like like caps lockdown or whatever.
Speaker 1: And you don't even have to oh bonus street, you don't even need to.
Speaker 2: You're gonna buy them anyways. Sealed singles, sleeves, deck boxes, play mats, whatever you need, Fusion's got it. If you're in Canada, you can get all the sealed stuff shipped to your door. And I just had a sealed or sorry, I just had a fusion order show up. Oh wow three days?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Three days? Were they your pre orders? They weren't my pre orders. They were something from a brew back deck. I needed an arc Major's charm good Yeah, yeah, Arc Major's charm about extra one one for the altered Art Facebook auctions and one Foilly promo only one need.
Speaker 1: I pre ordered three cards for Boomborough Oh there would you get? I got a the New Norm, the Wary Offspring Impact Drummer Guy yep. And I got the Dirty Rotten Stinking Bird Guy my Talks World deck. Well yeah, because there's no chance I'm gonna open one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna talk about that card today.
Speaker 1: And I got the Tree, the City Tree. I think I ordered the Fall one because that was the one nice see.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I haven't done any Bloomboro orders yet, but when I do CEO Summer, and if it's your first time, you're gonna spend over one hundred bucks Cecio perks. That code is still active. It's gonna get you ten percent store credit kickback.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big thanks to Pile of Bones official beer sponsors for Sidewalk Slam. We have got game five of season two planned out cameras right there. We've got it set we've got our third player. We're gonna ask our fourth player. We're gonna get it set up in the next week or so. We're gonna talk to producer Gary about that. And it's gonna sound so good, it's gonna look good. It's gonna be like one hundred professional quality, and I'm actually excited for what the finished product is. Is gonna look like an editor. Tyler's just been like grinding me into the dirt on the discord to like get them the next game. Well, I guess not have to play it first, Yes, very much. So. Yeah. Yeah, So if you want to get into the discord, you can do that on Patreon dot com slash CEO podcast Getting the Discord Great Benefit CEO nickname.
Speaker 1: Medium Benefit that is also there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, playing v EDH games with people in the nation, that's obviously pretty fun. I like do on CEO's curb side pickup. Very fun. I don't think I've ever had a bad game with somebody in the nation, that's true.
Speaker 1: I like one oh yeah lost lost.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Brando, he doesn't like losing. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, So all great benefits count of patron plus you're supporting things like sidewalk slam and the studio and getting the lights for the green screen over there that we just set up and it's gonna look fantastic. And Commander Munchi's our latest new short story shorts that our good friend all Chiller no Philler Miller's doing. They're so fun they are pretty. He's got like little drawings and somebody somebody like fell asleep or something, so he like turned the drawing sideways. I thought it was so funny. I forgot to put the graphic up on the TV. God, dang it. We'll get there, man, I suck there.
Speaker 1: We're professional professional professionals. Were not professional professional professional professionals?
Speaker 2: Yeah? One one too few p between the two of us, that's right.
Speaker 1: Who don't google it correct?
Speaker 2: What you could google, though, is Brando's box openings. You've got two coming up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna open this very box that you can see in front of me if you're watching on YouTube. We're gonna we're gonna open that together today. Once I get everything all set up, and then the other day I went out on an adventure and I found something that was pretty cool. And I'm looking forward to everybody, everybody getting to the chance to see that, because man.
Speaker 2: We laughed so hard we laughed.
Speaker 1: Heyary, I'm working hard on these people are enjoying.
Speaker 2: You know, you play magic and he likes watching them just because there's some funny gimmickers. Something right, and this one you like the brand opener and potentially stabbing magic cards with a meat cleaver. You're gonna like this one.
Speaker 1: We're gonna like this. I just I really lived the gimmick and like the the era that the set.
Speaker 2: That I'm opening. Yeah, very much. So okay, so listen, we have got a bonus show tomorrow where we're looking at the Commander pre cons for Bloomboro and we're looking at the eight legends that come in those boxes.
Speaker 1: We're gonna check out the legends that come in the decks, like the Foiley Face card ones, and we're gonna gauge them on how good are they out of the box, Like are you gonna go to an edh and M your first one? And typically if you buy a pre con these days, you can usually hang you know what I'm saying, Like, there's lots of pre cons that just come out of the box and maybe they don't blow away games, but they hang in there. Will these ones do the same? We'll tell you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh very much. So do you remember or do you kind of keep men until track of when you lose to a pre con or even a slightly modified precon. Nope, nope, nope, No.
Speaker 1: Only Captain Negathrod because that deck is insane.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the deck is fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Let's let's talk about that tomorrow. Maybe we can use that as a gauge if that's like one of the best pre cons ever. I guess let us know in the comments if you think Captain mcgathrot is one of the best precons. We've asked for that in the past. It's honest, that one did come up.
Speaker 1: The scale would go probably the Boros Experience Count Giant Lady, and then the top is Captain Negathron.
Speaker 2: That's how I would that's the range. That's the range that.
Speaker 1: I would say most of the decks fall in.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because like that same year had Maren Yeah, and then the following year had the er Dragon, right, It's like what yeah, yeah, anyways, we have got a little bit more podcasting business. But we can either mix it in or we can talk about it tomorrow because we've got another show. Let's do it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, We've got thirty twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Six, and we're just we're gonna do them all.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get them all.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get them all. And if we can like go deep on some of them that I think that we ought to go deep on, great, We'll get the penetration on those that everybody comes to expect from CEO Google that. No, definitely not. If some are very obviously like designed around the limited mechanic or just not going to see play, maybe we'll talk about them and say that maybe they go on to ninety nine somewhere. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of ninety nine ers in here if I'm being honest, and some of them aren't, Like we'll just start, in my opinion, a Lania divergent storm.
Speaker 2: There's there's a bugg in here.
Speaker 1: Uncle Brando keeps doing the thing the three five for is it in three?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: It's another is it commander that says whenever even play an instant or source, or we'll do a fucking thing. Yes, it says that, but it also says if it's an odder. So they're trying. They're adding one new word to try and make the is it spell slinger deck interesting for people who don't give a shit about that deck like me.
Speaker 2: And the question is do we have enough orders or is this just a storm deck? So here I'll give it a read, a Lania divergent storm. Is it three three five wizard that matters? And we're gonna see a trend there where it's you're either in a party or you're an outlaw. And I talked about it on the pre show yesterday that that I think is really limiting or putting creatures and design into a box, and I don't really like it.
Speaker 1: Well, now they have to be careful when they print things that are outlaws because that might matter. They there are cards that give a shit about those things now, and if you're gonna print they're not lords and stuff. But if you're gonna print cards that care about an umbrella of creature types like outlawness, now you have to be careful when you put them.
Speaker 2: Creatures in your party get plus one plus one or outlaws get death touch.
Speaker 1: And while that is cool, that is cool, I feel like a eventually they're going to just forget and it's like, oh yeah, right, yeah, but this is not one of those cases.
Speaker 2: Elia. Whenever you cast a spell, if it's your first instant spell or sorcery spell or otter spell other than Alania you've cast this turn, you can have an opponent draw card and if you do that to copy the spell so you.
Speaker 1: Can get an extra otter or you can play another in.
Speaker 2: I think that this has potential to go a little bit cuckoo. Absolutely, mind you, it's only your first one, right, But like like my Calamax deck, you know that I'm going to cast a spell on my turn. It's like the booster Pack game. My turn, Yeah, your turn, yeah, player three stern oh, player four sterns and I'm going to copy a spell on each of those turns.
Speaker 1: Or like a lot of people are probably thinking, well, I'm gonna time walk it on the time again and oh yeah, oh that's good because that also works, right.
Speaker 2: It's oh because that's the first one that I cast on my turn. Yeah, but you get to draw cards every time. If you're tapped out, I'll just choose you. Who gives a shit? Cool? I still get eight turns? Like, I still win. The drawing a card does distinctly limit its power level, though, like the higher you go up in the competition ladder. Yeah right, I'm gonna start letting you draw cards, and you're gonna draw things that are free and you can force of will my next next extra turn spell or whatever? Right like, So there's a cap on it.
Speaker 1: There is a cap on it. But they're trying. I said yesterday, they're trying to make that is the is it legends? I challenge Watsie, can you please print us a blue and red legendary creature that doesn't give a shit about instance or sources? Just one, just one, just one.
Speaker 2: They almost did and for reference, Alania not included. There are nineteen nineteen Otter cards.
Speaker 1: There's eighteen because one of them is banned because it's lutree.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and one of them has green in it, so that's seventeen mm.
Speaker 1: They're trying. Listen, they're trying. I'm giving them credit for trying. They did their bad, they did their best, and it's fine.
Speaker 2: Sure, let's move on Arthur.
Speaker 1: Arthur's a commander Deck one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Baylon the Haymaker, Oh yeah. I actually like this guy.
Speaker 1: I think he's cool, but I don't think he's interesting.
Speaker 2: He is okay, four to.
Speaker 1: Three for Naya colors, Rabbit Warrior, tap two on tap tokens you control, Adam Man have any color, tap three untapped tokens you control, draw card, tap four untapped artifacts you control. Put three plus one plus one counters on him. It gains trample until end of turn.
Speaker 2: You let the cat out of the bag. You said artifacts. Do people just tap their treasures for these? Yes, this guy gives me Jetmeir vibes a little bit, especially that last ability. Put three plus one counters on Bailan. This is instead of go wide Jetmeir, This is go tall Jetmeir. Yes, that gives you instead of plus one and first striker or whatever it is, it gives you Manna, okay, that's good, instead of another plus one and whatever it is that jetmere does. It's draw cards, so it feeds itself from the command zone for three mana and instead of all your guys get big, one guy gets big.
Speaker 1: If you want to play the typical. Typical might sound like a bad word at this point. If you want to play the Naya Token deck, which is an established archetype of DH this is a deck that can do it. It takes advantage of the tokens to make to give you advantage for mana. It's like fixing or car draw or to get your commander to be really big as we can slap.
Speaker 3: Somebody's lips under the dirt, which is important, slap lips into the dirt. How about Usually it's slap lips off face, stomp dink into dirt, but this one, this is slap lips into the dirt. Yes, and stomps dink off face.
Speaker 1: I guess. So there's dinks going somewhere, is the point?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And I mean also you could print. You could do this where it's just full on treasure tokens all day long with an unwinding clock. So your dude just gets twelve bigger return and you just pound everybody into the dirt with your jacked rabbit. And I know that that's a card already, but I just needed to use that in a sentence.
Speaker 2: I like everything about what you just did there. The strategy, The card inclusions the joke. All of that was good. This is why you're how many p's in professional before your podcast title three three? You could almost add a fourth with that.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I think this guy's good. I love the three color three cost the commander design like. I think that that's a nice place for commanders to live. What I don't like about having color color color in a man of cost is when we see that we're getting like four threes for three. Why isn't this guy a one one? Right? Like, look at Anamar and he's still so powerful. Look at look at I know Calia costs like color color, color and one. She's a two to two, right, I don't know. That's just like old man magic like shakespaist at cloud.
Speaker 1: I think it is because Anamar has protection from the two best removal colors, so he can be a one to one. This doesn't Yeah, And I mean I think people just have the feel badge like, well, I'm gonna attack you with a Goblin token that's got a Vopol sword on it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you have eight man. Yeah, Okay, I guess I'll block it with my bailon and he'll die, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Speaking from experience.
Speaker 1: No, because this card is not yet. I'm sure that I will. Oh yeah, next card we're going to talk about is I think we were talking about it before the show. This one harkens to me back to the days of classic magic, where a legend just meant it had a novel of text on it, but it wasn't a strategy in and of itself. The card didn't immediate like tell you what to do with the build. It doesn't tell you inclusions, it doesn't. This is a utility card if I have ever seen one.
Speaker 2: Is it Beza or Beza either one Beza. The Bounding Spring is a four or five elemental elk for white white two. When it enters a battlefield, create a treasure token if an opponent has more lands than you, gain four life if an opponent has more life than you, create two blue fish creature tokens if somebody has more creatures, and draw card if somebody has more cards in hand. There you go. This is a fine card to blink until you don't have to blink it anymore, which relegates it probably to the ninety nine because it's probably going in your blue white blink deck.
Speaker 1: Correct, because it gives you the value of like all metrics where an opponent can be doing better than you, it catches you up, which is which is cool. But a catch up card in the command zone I don't think is a good use of a command zone. Not that that makes the deck show, But if you're playing at cards, that's assuming you're just gonna be behind. Why don't you play something that gets you ahead instead.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, or once you play something that allows you to be ahead instead of Yeah. I like this in a what kind of white deck is where you're playing things that ought not to be white, like white counter spells or white things that allow you to sacrifice, like they wear black cards to do stuff right, And this is the Commander. But again, ninety nine is where I expect to see this card ninety nine percent of the time if we end up seeing it at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love the art though, Holy smokes, hey, that's a nice look.
Speaker 1: Like the sunflowers like it kind of looks like the uh, the the evil urg Tree thing from Shadow of the r Tree and Elden Ring. There's a giant sunflower boss and it kind of looks like that, but more evil with more fire.
Speaker 2: Gives me a rings of Power Season two Vibes Rings Power coming up. Sure, Oh yeah, I'm excited. Probably are, Yeah I am. I want to fight.
Speaker 1: Talk about another fucking is it otter that gives us? It gives a shit about your instance and sorcerycounts.
Speaker 2: Bria Bria, Bria, Bria riptide rogue, Oh another rogue okay three three rogue blue two. Prowess. Other creature you control have prowess. That's actually good. I think I think people are undervaluing that. Yes, other creatures you control have prowess. Like what if I got like ten guys.
Speaker 1: Monastery Swift Spear won a lot of games.
Speaker 2: What if I got like ten guys and I just go like instant instant instant, and now you're taking like forty Yeah that's pretty good. Okay, whenever you cast a non creature spell, target creature you control can't be blocked. This turn. Oh like in my example instant instant instant, I'll give all dude, I'll cast like a battle cry or whatever. All my creatures get plus one plus oh it's actually plus two. Oh, and this guy can't be blocked. And now this guy when I cast my brute strength. Now this guy when I cast my frickin' Cathartic reunion. Sure you're gonna take forty. You can't block any of them. It's pretty good. Is that? Is that the deck? Yeah? I think? Is it a token deck? Do you expect to see otters and goblins?
Speaker 1: I expect to see goblins and literally no other otters in this deck.
Speaker 2: That's what I expect to see. I think. I think I wouldn't be surprised if I saw that.
Speaker 1: Maybe you get the other otter that we talked about already, because then you can copy your Crinko's command and you're you're empty the warrens or whatever the hell it is you're playing to make your goblin tokens. Yes, that get big because you're playing instances and sorceries. But this is another quasi Is it storm deck?
Speaker 2: What's the one where you can sacrifice a mountain instead of paying its cost like downhill charge, sacrifice two mountains and all your creatures.
Speaker 1: Get like LUs two plus Z until I turn.
Speaker 2: No, it's like plus plus x, where x's the number of mountains you control. Oh dang, what if we were playing that with Alania and goblins and and Bria and Oh that's that's good. That's eggro right there, pre conic clock. Baby, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's not bad.
Speaker 2: I think you'd play that. I probably, I think that you would. You would jam that. Like if somebody, like if you just went over to somebody's house that you didn't no play magic and they're like, oh, we got this deck, Like you picked these four decks, which one do you want? And one of them was that one.
Speaker 1: I'd picked that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you'd probably crush them all and you'd pretend that you're a nube, no sleeve, no playing that.
Speaker 1: How much life do I start at?
Speaker 2: Take eighty? I think that there's a distinct possibility that that could happen with those two commanders. Correct, Maybe that'll be my raw dog deck. Oh how do we raw otter deck? Roder deck? Ra? Yes? Yeah we did? Yeah, okay, next, okay, Hey, CCO Nation submits some cards to them in the in the UH seven AF deck. Help, yeah, thread on on the discord.
Speaker 1: Let's let's get it done. I'm jealous. Everbody else has one.
Speaker 2: I want one to I got downhill charge if you need me too.
Speaker 1: You think I don't have a downhill charge, Come on, man.
Speaker 2: Oh man, downhill charge that's the only direction that we had. Yes, bricking down We've.
Speaker 1: Been charging downhill for four hundred plus episodes.
Speaker 2: Okay, how is it Burke Berke Berck bierk bi Burke. It's gotta be Burke. Joseph Joseph, long Ear of the law. What a funny name.
Speaker 1: Hey, why isn't he wearing a cowboy hat?
Speaker 2: Just why wasn't this guy in thunder junction? Correct?
Speaker 1: Okay, too short. He's just a little.
Speaker 2: Rabbit, Yeah, rabbit soldier white green four vigilance.
Speaker 1: This guy better be good.
Speaker 2: Is he a vigilante or is he a sheriff? What's going on here?
Speaker 1: He would be a sheriff, he'd be a law man because he's the long ear.
Speaker 2: But he's a vigilante. Okay, So he's got vigilance, gets plus one plus one counter for each of up to two.
Speaker 1: He comes into play. He puts a plus one plus one counter on up to two target creatures. He deputizes them, and then whenever his day deputies attack you, double.
Speaker 2: The number of counters. That's that's what that is.
Speaker 1: So he first he deputizes your creatures. Yes, then he forms a posse that then attacks.
Speaker 2: That's that's what's going on there?
Speaker 1: I think that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it?
Speaker 1: It's a I don't know, it's Celestnia. It's a fun deck. I don't think that. Again, it's exciting enough that I would build around it, especially for six manna. But it's pretty cool. It's a cool card, and I like it, and I would I'm I would play it in decks, like if I had a dedicated Celesnia deck, because it kind of I think a deck or a card like this it removes one of the difficulties of playing a load of the ground to go really wide token strategy, where like maybe I can sneak one or two creatures in for damage somewhere, but they're not big enough to really do anything, and all the rest of my guys kind of suck. This guy lets you, especially if you can like blink him in and out. You can start to make your key tokens a little bit bigger, Like, oh, this one's unblockable because I got a thing on it, So I'm gonna make it really big so I can sneak past this wall of guys that are bigger than mine. Right, I don't even it's a it's a space filler, and it fills a key hole in the strategy like that.
Speaker 2: I don't even I don't think it's a space filler. I think this is the top of the curve in a bunch of decks that say when it enters, it gets a plus one or enters with this many plus ones, like Hydrazo. Or think of like Bond Beadler, the new middle Finger Frog. When they etb they give something a counter. This is whenever a creature you control with a plus one counter on an attacks, double the number of counters on it. Like think of Bond Beatle on turn one, it's a it gets one power, but it's got a plus one on it. Sure, something like that that's got a plus one on turn two, same on turn three, doubling season on turn four or five. This on turn six, and all of a sudden, you're quadrupling the counters on your guys that attack. Like, if something's got two counters on it, it's going to double to four counters. It's going to double to eight counters, and it might have one power natively already. It's gonna hit you for nine and you've got two or three of those. It's by turn six when this ETBs he doesn't have to attack to do that. It's just creatures that have plus ones on it. I think this card is sneaky good. Sure, And I didn't think that until you started doing your piece there and I was like, what the heck? This is six man, who's gonna play this? And then I thought of what the curve might look like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I guess there's lots of what's the fertile it is that the elemental where it's got rampant growth on it. It just comes into play with three counters on.
Speaker 2: It and remove counters, go search for land.
Speaker 1: You could beat ass with fertilids and then find land after or does it tap?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I don't remember if it ass with fertilid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could beat the wholesale ass with fertilid if you wanted to, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, this is good and it doesn't need it doesn't have anything to do with tokens, just plus ones and just farm them.
Speaker 1: I use tokens as because it's a celestia. So yeah, oftentimes you'll see yeah, those sorts of things. Let's let's talk about our first squirrel.
Speaker 2: Yes, Now, squirrels to me are getting to the area that slivers are getting, not in terms of power and prestige and longevity of like fandom and stuff. But I don't know. There's something about when I sit down and play against a squirrel player, I just know what kind of person that's gonna be yea, And I feel the same with slivers. And it's not a good thing or a bad thing. It's just a type of player trying to say, hey, I'm just hey, I'm just throwing you under the bus and calling it as I see it. Chimelia, Camellia, the seed miser. How come we can't pronounce any.
Speaker 1: Of these because they're stupid names.
Speaker 2: The names are stupid. If we pronounce that double l, like in Spanish, it would be like Camellia me Camilla the seed miser. Okay, I'm gonna do this, Okay, squirrel warlock. So it's a bad guy, bad guy, Okay, three to three green black one sure, menace. Sure, other squirrels you control have menace.
Speaker 1: Of course they do.
Speaker 2: That's already good. Of course they do. Whenever you sacrifice one or more foods create a one to one green squirrel creature token. Of course, one or more good good thing. They said one or more holy smokes, because the squirrel deck already goes bur right, yeah, two forage put a plus one plus one counter on each mother ass squirrel. You control each other, not hert Yeah, I don't care. It's each one, Yes, each one that I'm fricking attacking with. It all have a menace now because they're all going to be four fours or five fives and there's going to be fifteen of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So to forage, remember we talked about last week, is to exile three cards from your graveyard or to sacrifice a food. Yes, this is a high end finisher in squirrel decks. I liken this card potentially to.
Speaker 1: You, say, a squirrel deck like, it's not chatterfang. Yeah, but in a chatterfang.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah sure, but I don't need chatterfang to make fifteen squirrels and kill you with this. You don't, right, I liken this and just hear me out to crater hoof Bohemoth. I think it's going to be that good in squirrel decks because you can spend three mana on layoway as if squirrel decks have a hard time making eight mana like Creater Hoof needs but spend three mana on Layoway and then over the course of a few turns, spend two, spend two, and then on my kill turn, I'm gonna spend ten on it. And my squirrels are gonna be bigger than crater Hoof. They're gonna be plus one countered, and they're gonna have menace, which kind of acts like trample, acts like with crater Hoof.
Speaker 1: Which ain't nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this card is really good.
Speaker 1: See I see it as like low end Masarek also good in the squirrel deck because I mean this, I guess no, I guess Mazarech kind of does the same, but kind of better does.
Speaker 2: Mazarek is whenever you sack a permanent, put a plus one counter on each creature.
Speaker 1: You can do whenever anybody sacrifices a permanent. You know what Mazarek is better play Mazarek in.
Speaker 2: I bet you lots of people. I bet you lots of people don't do that because it's not a squirrel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, could squirrels. That's why it's a squirrel. Because they couldn't play Mazaik. They just gave you, Yeah, they just gave you less good Mazarek and this.
Speaker 2: This is what I would say if you're playing Crater Hoof or Mazarek and your squirrel deck, cut it and play this because it's gonna do something similar. But now it's on point. There you go, it's on theme. I dig that. Oh here's here's the evaluation. If you're playing squirrels, play Camellia. Yeah, I could have could have saved editor Joe like ten minutes editing. Sorry, Joe Climent the worry ward you like this?
Speaker 1: I do like this, and not just because it's a frog and not because I fully understand what the gimmick here is, but I do like it. So it's a three to three for blue Green one with vigilance whatever it or another creature you control, I hate enterest comes into play. Return up to one target creature you control with man of value less than it to your hand or to its owner's hand. And as frogs you control, have tap at a Green or a blue spin this man only to cast a creature spell, so your creatures bounce your other creatures so that you can take advantage of multiple instances of their etp ability yep, or if they have flash, you can use them to save your guys in certain circumstances. I dig this. I think it's a cool utility card and I'm looking forward to seeing what people do with this. It's fun and the art is cool too, because it's a frog.
Speaker 2: I liken this guy to like a little mini Cloudstone curio in the command zone. Sure, he can't do the same thing because you always have to go down the chain. Yeah, but if, like like you said, if you've got like a three drop, of two drop and a one drop that all have an ETB, that's pretty good. Throw in a little haste enabler like a because everybody can just afford it. A cord to crossroads.
Speaker 1: Right, They're not expensive anymore, are they?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They are not, damn. But if you can do that and then bounce your guy then replay them again, you can take advantage of like free manner, free creature spells.
Speaker 1: Right. Well, as I was thinking, like if you you could play this a birthing pot isn't the right word, but like you could go up and down the chain where you've got this thing in play, and you attack with your team and then you can play your dude. If you have enough mana going on, you could just play your dude on the next second main phase bounts a guy playing again, playing again, playing again, and it's like really really really expensive vigilance and you get all your retps again.
Speaker 2: Which is cool. Concord and Crossroads and Cloudstone Curio four it just Prosperity Sake or whatever are anywhere between fifteen and twenty dollars too much. But I think both of those cards have a great place in this deck. Yes, alongside things like what's the one that gives all your creatures tap to ad Man out of any color. It's an enchantment from like Eldritch Moon or something. You know, the one, right, I sure do, Yeah, I sure do that one. Yeah, the one this guy does that.
Speaker 1: Plus let's have some cloud it's like gnarly that and not so good Cloudstone curios. It's a good card. I think it's fun.
Speaker 2: How many frogs we got here in the game already? Like, how many there's sixty nine frogs? Nice? Yeah, how many could we play? Well? Some are black, some are blue, some are green. Those are generally the frog colors.
Speaker 1: There's a red one.
Speaker 2: We've got Frogmerror Enforcer, which is a card we talked about a couple weeks ago on im sker Iron Bead Gronock. We've got yeah, lots of frogs and major frog contribution from Yes from Zoom.
Speaker 1: Mostly from this set. I think because people heard, they probably saw their reaction to poisoned dart frog and then the subsequent poisoned dart frog with a gun. I just that's my favorite, one of my favorite.
Speaker 2: Well, Plaquescaster froggling has been a card forever. And like we got psychic frog, they gave us psychatog in frog form. How far away are we actually from? Like on the pre show frog a frog frog of frog, how far are we? And the tog frog mash up deck like that's got to be a thing that comes I'm hoping, so, dude, And if we called that, because we've made some like pretty brash and buy old calls that have actually come true, if we call frog.
Speaker 1: A frog, we are wats he has to hire us at that point, wats he.
Speaker 2: Would never hire us, which is ridiculous because we're awesome. I suppose we're not. Well we're Canadian, heye, so they haven't figured out how to pay Canadians. That's literally why Canadians can't win the cosplay contests at magic because they don't know how to do that.
Speaker 1: Just give us a check. We have banks here, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they think that we store all our money in like the bottoms of beaver dams, and we gotta swim up underneath them to get our cast.
Speaker 1: Oh what are they gonna do if we give him this big novelty check, We're gonna take it to the bank and cash it like a normal person. Anyway, let's talk about dragon hawks fake tempest.
Speaker 2: Fake tempest, you heard me? Yeah, I don't know if this card's that great.
Speaker 1: I don't give a shit about this card.
Speaker 2: On. It's a five to five flying bird dragon cool art, cool picture. It's like a four wing dragon bird thing. It's pretty cool. Why isn't this one of the elemental bad guys? Isn't it? No, it's a bird dragon. Feels kind of out of place, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyways, it's a five to five flower for five. So you're gonna draft it and limited and win every game you play it in. When dragon Hawk enters or attacks, there we go xil the top X cards your library, or X is the number of creatures you control it with power four or greater. You may play those cards until the end of your next end step. At the beginning of your next ends step, dragon Hawk deals to damage for each opponent to each opponent for each of those cards that are still exiled.
Speaker 1: So what you have here is three separate legends, all of which care about things that cost four or more, and none of which go in each other. You can't play them all at the same time. Oh yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I don't have the other two. Have you seen them yet?
Speaker 1: No, either's blog or Glarb and Schmart whatever.
Speaker 2: It's right right down here on the screen.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get to them soon because I'm very excited to talk about one of them.
Speaker 2: I like this guy if I could figure out how to infinitely bounce him and monit red because he just immediately kills everybody at the end of your turn in the command zone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you draw your whole deck, if.
Speaker 2: You exile your whole deck, which exile my whole deck, and if somebody lives, I just frick and lose, which is hilarious to me. But also like he acts as a car dry engine out of the deck, especially if you're playing him with other four drops. And you can play him with some shitty four drops, like there's a wall that's like a one to four wall for or sorry, a four to one wall for like one mana or two mana, right, and that would just allow you to draw card with this guy. Right, Yeah, but mostly I expect to see this like in the ninety nine a dragon decks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it, let's talk about it. Eludes the shoreless seat.
Speaker 2: This is one of the villains, right, this is yeah, anyones that has like elemental and it's like supposed to be a big guy. Okay, Like this has got a star star where star is something? Well, number of.
Speaker 1: Number of lands we control have flood counters on that islands we control.
Speaker 2: Each equal to the number of islands we control. When it enters or attacks, put a flood counter on target land. It's an island in addition to its other types, as long as it has a flood counter on it. Sure, that's bullshit. It should just be an island.
Speaker 1: Yes, it should just be an island.
Speaker 2: The first instant and sorcery spell you cast each turn costs blue or one less to cast for each land you control with a flood counter on it.
Speaker 1: So they give you this land changing thing and then make you point it at yourself.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can also play the other artifacts and stuff that say flood counters go on stuff to mess with your opponents and or yourself. But you're playing Mono blue anyways. So if you have to just put all the flood counters on your own islands, and it makes for actually a huge cost reduction if you can like place some of the cards that have flood counter like strategy.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna look at them to see how many flood counter cards are flood.
Speaker 2: Counter eight of them. There is now one of them we can't play Bounty of the Luxeau, and one of them is lab a Blink Brink Floodgates. You do play that card. I do play that cards A good card, yeah, A Quicksilver Fountain was the one I was thinking of. This card is actually good three drop artifact. At the beginning of each player's up keep, that player puts a flood counter on target non island land they control. That land is an island. There you go, and at the end of turn, if all lands in player islands, remove all flood counters. So this lets us spam flood counters act with texts. Will is a merph folk sorcery. Put a flood counter on target island. It's an island or target land, it becomes an island and you can do your own stuff with eluge and just make for huge cost reductions. Like what if you.
Speaker 1: Go where you play all those big stupid blue instance and sorceries that you've always.
Speaker 2: Wanted to yes, and all the expell ones that like, say, draw X cards.
Speaker 1: But you don't want to play Erza, so you can play this instead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or this might just go into like the sea monster deck.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably more like you know what.
Speaker 2: It doesn't though, because it's a fish, it's not a Kraken or a Leviathan, and it's only giving you cost reductions for instance and sorceries.
Speaker 1: It was only for one spell. And I think that when you read all those abilities they sound really good. But I think in practice this isn't gonna be as cool as even we talking about it is because it's got to come in.
Speaker 2: I think it's slow and attack.
Speaker 1: And your cost reduction can only go down by the number of lands that you have after your commander has attacked and entered the battlefield and it only works for one spell, so there's a lot of hoops to jump through. One of the biggest hoops in modern DH is time, Like, how many how many chances do you have to attack with this thing before either the game is just over or somebody kills it and you don't get anything.
Speaker 2: Here's the scenario. This a four drop. Let's just pretend we cast it for four sure on four, right, and.
Speaker 1: You can't do it much faster because it's blue blue blue one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, sol ring is good, but it doesn't help that much. Okay, So we cast this on turn four, it has no flood count. It got one flood counter on because et bs right on turn five we attack with it, so now two flood counters. Then we cast a seven drop for five on turn five. Is that good?
Speaker 1: Seven droppings inter resourcery. Yes, that's probably good. It's not bad.
Speaker 2: Seven man has a lot to spend on turn five and that could do lots of good stuff.
Speaker 1: And two flood counters does make counter spell free?
Speaker 2: Yes it does? Right, that's really good.
Speaker 1: Right, So are you going to see because on each turn, each turn, not my turn, each turn, are going to is this going to turn into illuge? Bad counter spells. You know what I mean? Now you can play all those shitty four man of counter spells.
Speaker 2: Cancel for president, Yes, because now your cancel costs one instead of Dude, how many? How many lose raw dog decks with middle finger cancels that I've painted a regency? Yes?
Speaker 1: So I mean so I think the most value you get out of this guy is with the counterspell game.
Speaker 2: But then you're playing mono.
Speaker 1: Like you really could do mono blue counter spells and all of your counter spells are forced.
Speaker 2: If will with this deck and extra turn spells, Yes, because a loose extra turns is really good because I'll just on each of my turns take an extra turn for free. Yeah that's pretty good. Okay, we broke it. Hey, turns out turns out that doubling season cloudstone curio on extra turns are good. Thanks, Commander Cookoat what we've done it again? Yeah? That's it? Okay, crack the cod Phineas h Ace Archer? Is this guy any good white green vigilance Reach to to Rabbit Archer when he attacks, put a plus one counter on each other creature you control that's a token or a rabbit. Then if they're if you got ten or more power, you draw card that will go in the ninety nine of many decks. Uh yeah, it's card draw in Celesnia, which is good. He has to attack and he's only a two to two. Is that that good? And you're not gonna draw card till.
Speaker 1: Mid the late game he doesn't get big.
Speaker 2: This is a ninety nine card.
Speaker 1: This is a ninety nine card for sure.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to the star of the show. That's what we all do.
Speaker 1: We got one on the table right now, do we wear what are we talking about? We're talking about this one or this one?
Speaker 2: This one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just right here, he's right there in front of me. The ball shy flubs, the fool flubs, the fool baby. I'm this is what I'm talking I'm so excited about this card. What other people are gonna do with it?
Speaker 2: I am? I don't get playing this card in my Lands deck. It's got my favorite man acost in green, blue, red frog. Scout. Is it a party member? No, scout?
Speaker 1: I think that's irony because he's looking at the sky while walking off a cliff. Oh what a bad scout.
Speaker 2: Yeah. As an addition, you can play an additional land on each of your turns. It's good. It goes to my lands deck. Whenever you play a land or cast a spell, need draw card if you have no cards in hand. Otherwise discard a card, So this is gonna this is interesting. Whenever I play a land or cast a spell, So what if I cast a card draw spell, it just makes it one card less good unless I also care about my graveyard, which you'd better if you're like like, if I discard a land card but I have a Crucible of worlds or a random excavator in my graveyard, then I play a land. Then I discard a card, but I can play an extra land, so I play it for my graveyard, and then you just card another card unless unless I draw empty. Yeah, this card is really good with all of the chaos straw where you exile so the card's not on your hand, but you can play until end a turn. And that's what I expect to see for the most part, is the exile draw effects from red filling up your hand with blue, like things like Windfall. If I've got seven cards in my hand, I got a discard one to play the best one. That's not such a big deal. Sure, all of the extra manna production in green. That lets us just go land, Land, Land, Land, Land and then Underworld Breach, right because we're in those colors. Why not? Because why not? Or in my my five color lands deck where I could play Underworld Breach, or I could play Yogmoths Will and go Land Land Land, Land from my graveyard. Yeah right, like Land from my graveyard, Land from my hand that I drew because my hand was empty, and when I played that Land, I draw card Land from my hand or Land from my graveyard to draw card. Like this guy is so freaky. He's so good. He's very cool and how can you not love there Emily his.
Speaker 1: Dance and he's the fool from tarot cards. He's not the little bug there. Guy gets it, dude, you gotta turn around. You're gonna fall up the cliff. And he's like, I don't even care. I got this sweet flower in a little hobo bag. This is fun. I like him so good.
Speaker 2: He's a champion, is what he is. Send us these decks. We're looking for Bloomboro decks because there's a lot of kookie stuff. This is the one that we want, though we want flubs we want Uncle Rando's raw dog otter deck. We want cards for that you're building. Let's go to Glarb right now, Garb.
Speaker 1: First of all, last week I teased it, I was gonna tell you about my favorite art possibly ever, Glarb Calamities Augur, the regular old ass art of him. He's this pale frog looking off sexy in a chair. He's inviting you in with his his staunch hotness. He's very macho. Right, he's the tender profile. You're always gonna swipe whatever direction says yes on tender yeah.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And then if you look at his showcase ard, which is gonna be on the screen for YouTube, that's the guy that actually shows up to the date and he's like ten years older, and he'd done shower no More and really nat gathering exactly right. I love Globe so much based on the art and what he does is he is a two four death touching frog wizard Noble for Black, Green Blue. You may look at the top card of your library at anytime. The first time I read Glarb, I stopped reading right there, knowing I was gonna try and build this. But then I continued reading, and it says you may play lands and cast spells with man of value four or greater from the top of your library. That's pretty cool, yeah, because that's gonna be probably every card in the deck.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And you can tap him to surveil too, which is look at the top two cards your library. You can put him back in any order or bin them.
Speaker 2: Bin them. That is that is so cool. I think that this is gonna be so good in my lands deck too. It's so good right before an add nauseum to look at the top two and be like, am I gonna add nauseum into a five drop and then a five drop again? Like am I gonna go like fumagate, get trog and take ten and just die right off the bat and just bin them both? And oh man, that's so good. Looking at the top is so good.
Speaker 1: This play in your library from the top is so like cool, like random and stuff. I really like glarb a lot.
Speaker 2: It gives me. It gives me a little bit or cule of Muldia vibes that I can play the land off the top, right. I can't play an extra one with him, nope, But oh man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just because he's.
Speaker 2: Handsome, it doesn't mean he does everything.
Speaker 1: But I love glar. I like the everything about this guard. This is the frog that I wanted. This, yeah, the frog I wanted and I got him, and I have one at my house, which is really cool. I opened one in a pack, which is just great, so I knew that it's destined to be. It was the cracked out one too, so I even got them the art that I wanted, so it's gonna be fun. I really like this guy a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, let's scale it back with GIV scaled scorch.
Speaker 1: I kind of like this one too.
Speaker 2: Actually, this is actually good three two for just Ractose colors, Lizard, Mercenary ward pay two life because why not other creatures you control enter with an additional plus one for each opponent who lost life this turn. Not for each life, but if player two, player three, player four all lost life this turn. All my guys. This turn, enter with a plus one counter on time.
Speaker 1: That's a big ornithopter.
Speaker 2: That's a big ornithopter. Yes, I tap my thing that deals one damage to each opponent, like you would play in rac Doose Lord of Riots dot deck.
Speaker 1: That's the exact deck that this made me think of. Is everybody that plays Ractose, Lord of riots, and maybe your playgroup is just sick of you dumpstering them with eldrasis that you played for free. I think that this is a good analog to that deck that's like a lower power where you get to play all the same kind of like burn everybody down at the same time gimmicks. But then the big high end payoff is you have to pay manna to play. Spells and creatures are probably small, but now they're big. And I like when you take big things or small things and make it big.
Speaker 2: You know what's fun this and this is my last take. I don't think that this guy's getting a whole ton. The last thing that he says on him is, whenever you cast a lizard spell, give a scaled, scorched scale, scorched butthole. After taco Bell deals one damage to target opponent, it should say each opponent. It says target opponent, it says lizard, and it does include dragon. And if it is going into a ractose Lord of Riots ninety nine, I'm already playing guys that don't need plus one plus one counters on them, because ractose gives me such a sharp discount in my ten mana El Drasi and my huge eight man of demons and dragons. They don't need plus one counters to win me the game. No, so I don't expect to see a ton of this guy.
Speaker 1: No, I don't expect to see him in the ninety nine. But I think in the again, if you're playing Ractose and your friends are sick of it, I think that this would be a good like kind of scaled back version of the time is where I think this guy's gonna live. Okay, let's talk about the second frog that should be blue and black and green, but it's not because she's blue and white and green in Helga Skittish Seer.
Speaker 2: Wait, you know what they're doing. They're all blue and green, but depending on what they do, they're red or black or white. Hate it. So we're we should expect to not see surveill and death touch like on the black one. Sure, we shouldn't expect to see draw card discarded card like on the red one. We should expect some white feeling ability. Get it here, So Frog Druid for bent colors one three. Whenever you cast a creature spell with mana value four or greater, you draw card and gain a life. So there's some simic ship and put a plus one counter on Helga. Okay, that's all. What's what's the white thing? Okay? Lay there you go. Okay, that's it. Tap at x mana of any one color where X is Helga's power. Spend this manna only to cast spells with four or greater mano cost or things with X in their manocast.
Speaker 1: You can't tell me that that shouldn't be the same colors as Glarb. Those two should be able to go in the same deck. They they they're probably married in the story if you watch Commander.
Speaker 2: Maybe well I've only seen chapter one, so maybe.
Speaker 1: They're gonna maybe they're gonna have a little frog romance and they're gonna do frog romantic things with you.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, I'm thinking Lady Gaga, bad romance, but croaking frogs.
Speaker 1: I'm picturing the frogs and legend of Zelda Okraine of Time that you have to play the songs for and every time you play a different song, one of them grows up. And then when they all grow up, they think they give you a jar when they heart token, I forget what they give you a heart.
Speaker 2: When they grow up, they tap for mana and then you don't need to use Roscheine Meanderer anymore. That's right. So if you play that deck, go into ehre dot com and look at the green cards and colorless cards from Roshene Meanderer and play them in you're held a deck. There you go.
Speaker 1: Yep, yesterday I promised I was gonna play a game with Ryan and I'm gonna make him say a word that he doesn't know. I'm gonna make him say it's a dirty word or anything. Oh, I know, I'm just but it's the thing because I've tried this with four different people and it's worked every time. Okay, So I'm gonna tell you the name of a of a person and you're gonna tell me what animal they are.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okape hugs hugs?
Speaker 1: Now without looking at the card? What kind of animal is hugs?
Speaker 2: A bear?
Speaker 1: What about hugs? Grizly Guardian also a bear? And you would be wrong, sir, because he's a badger and that's stupid. Nobody sees the word hugs and doesn't think bear? Am I right? Prucer Gary correct says producer Gary correct.
Speaker 2: He didn't have the art in front of them either.
Speaker 1: That's my only complaint. About this card because I'm gonna put this goes straight straight into omnath. I don't even care about that middle paragraph. He's a five to five for four with trample that lets me play an additional land on my turn. That's what I care about. The fact I can tap on tack on extra Manta to chaos, draw the top of my library to play till my next turn. That's just a bonus. This is a cool card.
Speaker 2: I like it. Lots a yes now just phonetically or whatever gramat. There's no E in that grizzly, so it is like the ugly kind and rough kind of grizzly, not the grizzly bear kind.
Speaker 1: Correct. But let's face it, nobody thinks that.
Speaker 2: Nobody thinks nobody thinks this card's good. Put it in your extra lands decks, put it in your big creature decks, put it in your chaos straw decks.
Speaker 1: It even could be you could go in the who's the lady that makes wolves?
Speaker 2: Sure? Remember her?
Speaker 1: There's a lady that makes wolves? When you cast things from exile, he would go in there too. This is a this is a great card that goes in lots of different decks and he's very cool.
Speaker 2: I want it because it's a four drop playing extra land. Yep, that's a five to five alongside my six six commander in my lands deck, I can hit for eleven a turn.
Speaker 1: Me too, Except he's a five to five that goes along with my five five.
Speaker 2: That makes five fives. Oh yeah, that's a good Okay. This next one is the one I'm the most excited about over and above any of these.
Speaker 1: Are you as excited about this as I am about Globe?
Speaker 2: No? Because this is just going in the ninety nine of my bird deck. Okay, this is Castre the wind Crested, a four or five bird scout with flying for blue white three. Whenever one or more birds you control deal combat damage to a player, choose one, one or more. Okay, So if I hit you with three, I get to do this three times. Okay. I can put a bird creature from my hand or graveyard onto the battlefield with a finalite counter on it. Neat, so it's a getterbacker or a free spell caster. Yes, and I'm gonna hit you because all my guys fly and yours don't. That's true. Or I can put a plus one counter on each fucking bird I control, and remember I'm gonna have lots.
Speaker 1: Of them, and remember they all fly, yeah, and some of them might even have first strike.
Speaker 2: Or and they all have vigilance because that's what my commander does. Yep. Or wait, there's more. There's another choice still. Of course, if I didn't want to do those other ones, I can just draw card. No, he's very good. This is a very good This is a good card.
Speaker 1: It's a good bird commander. If you don't already have an established deck and you're just looking to do urbs, this is a.
Speaker 2: Great this is the one starting. This might this might be the best one. There you go and like, people play Kangy and they play the other kanjy and they play I play guy here, which is very much not the best one. But it's from Lord of the Rings and I'm a freaking wee wee, So this one's really good.
Speaker 1: Moving on, let's talk this one. I think will go quick. It's kits a auter ball eleak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this card sucks.
Speaker 1: One three for blue one with vigilance and prowless. You've talked about prowess already. You can tap it to draw card, then discard a card which is loot. You can tap two and it copy target instant of source re spell you control. You may choose new top copies your targets for the copy activate only it for powers three or more. So it tells you're right on the wrapper what it wants you to do, and it's too many hoops for what you get.
Speaker 2: And that's it. If you how do you that's it? That's it. If you can tap and untap this with something like like like a twiddle, sure you copy the twittle to also untap your land, right, or you copy a copy spell when you have a twiddle, and like this goes infinite with itself, and every time you recast a card and maybe you maybe ice conceptors in there because that actually casts the copy. Right, Like this is going to get infinitely big, and then you could attack and kill somebody unless they block it. I suppose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I think it's too it's too many hoops for not enough bang and prove us wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, the proving wrong is going to be like hey, boys, watch this, yo. You can just untap this infinitely with twiddle and infinitely copy and bounce their whole table. Then an attack for ten million, and that's what every kits a deck is going to do auterball. It's right in the name. Instead of elf ball, where you're doing that with elves, it's auterball, and you know that that's like a nod to the strategy that it's going to facilitate, right, or lead or whatever the word is.
Speaker 1: Let's go on to the first card spoiled from the set, right, A lumera Bellow of the Woods. I think it's one of the first. It was We've known about.
Speaker 2: Lumra Bello of the Woods for a long time.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's in Star Star Yeah, Green Green four with reach and Vidge. It's an elemental bear, so we know it's a villain. This one probably should have been named Hugs, but we'll move on from there. Power and toughness each equal to the number of lands you control, so it's probably going to be a big, big yep when it comes into play. Your mill four cards return all land cards from your battlefield to play tapped, not the ones you mild from graveyard to battlefield tapped.
Speaker 2: This is like.
Speaker 1: Splendid rack on a creature, yes, which we already have at three.
Speaker 2: And four mana. Yeah, we've got a couple.
Speaker 1: And this is gonna be real big. It would work really good. You Let's say you cast it and then you sack all your lands to something like a she's your commander in this like yes, you gain a bunch of life and all the lands come back into play, and then your scoot swarm triggers and makes a billion scoot swarms. Yeah, which it's already doing. I think that she just makes the monol green Lands deck just land way harder.
Speaker 2: Or iridescent Vine Slasher deals one damage to each or target opponents.
Speaker 1: You can one each guy a bunch of or one two guys. Maybe. But I think that this is a neat card and it's gonna be a giant beater.
Speaker 2: Yep, but I'm not.
Speaker 1: Sure, at least the way I play Lands decks, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think she's good enough. I was considering this card instead of get Trog because I think that because I'm not trying to get Trog loop in my Lands deck. But if late game or even turn six or seven, I guess that's late game. I can go pay six deal twenty to you because I get like all my lands in my graveyard back pretty good. That's probably good. It access splendid wreck two or three in my deck.
Speaker 1: Sure, so's it's just a higher cost version of a thing you already have. It's redundancy of an effect, which is cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it does go into the command zone. If you're okay with swapping out your other mono Greenlands dot deck commander.
Speaker 1: If you're okay with yeah, you're swapping in enabler for the one that makes your dick win, because this isn't gonna win any games by itself.
Speaker 2: Well, and you have to have lands in your graveyard to take full advantage of this. Otherwise it's just a big, dumb idiot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, even if it's if it's that big, even it might not even be that big. You could be a six six for six with vigilance in reach for six and in green. That's a shitty creature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, six six for.
Speaker 1: Six vigilance in reach and then you stop talking. Yeah, what else does it do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It should have ten more lines? Yeah? Does it have trample?
Speaker 1: Does it have death touch? Does it make treasures when it attacks? Does it make all of my cards foil? Does it walk my dog? This is a green creature that costs six and all it does is have vigilance and reach. Fuck this card, Mabel Air to the crag Flame another card I can say, fuck this card.
Speaker 2: Three three for three In Boros Mouse Soldier other mice you control because you know there's so many mice. Gin plus one plus one when it enters create Cragflame, a legendary colorless equipment artifact token with equipat gets plus one plus one, has vigilance, trample and haste and equiped to.
Speaker 1: It's another Boros equipment commander. Let us And I hate to just be dismissive. No, but it isn't though, because it just is. The equipment that it makes isn't even that good. Well, but it's another equipment commander because now your equipment command or you don't have to worry about equipments that have give, haste, vidge and trample because they already have that. Now you can focus on other stuff that you can you can get.
Speaker 2: I can cut the haste giving equipment because it's on my commander.
Speaker 1: You can take out like a redundancy of swift foot boots or whatever, right and play this instead because it just gives you, Uh, I don't want swift boots is a bad example anyway, it's the one I'm gonna use though, for this example where you can cut that and now you've got paste and trample and vige.
Speaker 2: You know what this is, and equipment, you know what I think more than it'll go.
Speaker 1: Great Bruder battle hammer that if you bend, plays.
Speaker 2: Like more than the Haste, Boros equipment, Bubble Black Commander. This represents the start of a new creature type matters deck that we have, and that's mouse.
Speaker 1: How many mice do we have?
Speaker 2: There's twenty two in Boros, and then there's one that's from like Infinity or whatever, which is the wrong colors. We'll see twenty twenty three, twenty two.
Speaker 1: We'll see how many mice we actually get printed, because right now it's another deck we have to jam all the shitty changelings. Yeah, let's move on to something that's just so fucking greasy.
Speaker 2: Maha. It's feathers Night.
Speaker 1: People dunk On talksrill for being just degenerate and miserable experience. Maha. Its feathers Night is just so savage because how many things in black just say creatures get minus one minus one. How many things say that they just printed one in thunder Junction, there's a legendary guy that just says all creatures get minus one minus one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's a bunch of things that do that, and there's a bunch of like sorceries that are like two or three manna that say creatures your opponent's control get minus one until it turns. So Maha is a six ' five elemental bird for five, a six ' five flying trampling bird for five with but there's even more ward discard a card which is a fine ward cost. Creatures your opponent's control have base toughness one.
Speaker 1: Jesus ooh that card is that is good? Just mean, dude, that card is mean.
Speaker 2: This is a would you call this a kill on site commander? Yes, because they go they go Maha hold Priority cast like a minus one type card. You have to respond to that minus one type card with a removal spell to have not your guys die.
Speaker 1: Yes, like this and a how many games are just gonna end because you play Maha and then massacre worm which is on curve, so you're gonna go turn call it three Maha with a soul ring yea turn four massacre That would turn four massacre and.
Speaker 2: Probably wouldn't get you there, but no, there's not enough creatures on the battlefield.
Speaker 1: But there's a thing you could definitely sneak one of those in and just roast everyone. This card is good, This card is very good. It's not gonna mine the salt of a talks rel no tur Grid, No it's not, but it's gonna make a lot of people go.
Speaker 2: And you know what, just baseline, it's good because all your creatures are killable now right, every one of your creatures if it blocks anything except as zero one. But why would a zero one attack exactly? Is gonna die swamp Mosquito, Yeah, Mosquito. And I think as far as Mono Black Control is concerned, Earn you can actually build it for a fairly budget price tag after the twenty two or twenty five dollars. Maha, she's very much because you don't need the things like toxic Delugette. However many dollars in damnation, and however many dollars you don't need. All that you need, you need the eighteen cent like creatures get minus one until I have to turn.
Speaker 1: Out, and there's lots of we we play them so little, I can barely think of any of them off the top of my head.
Speaker 2: I play one in my raw dog deck because the ring.
Speaker 1: Tempts you because there's lots of them. Yeah, I have I look through my binder sometimes I'm finally, what the fuck do I even have this in my behind?
Speaker 2: What's the point of think of this? You could play the greediest, greasiest non basic black mana base and still play Mutilate and Mutilate at one still kills every creature.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this is like the budget black control list of everybody's dreams. And people can't even be mad because he says, well, least am not playing Turgrid right.
Speaker 2: When when that's your argument, I think bites still have some ground.
Speaker 1: Bailout. I'm telling you. Let's move on to the next guy, mister fox Glove. No, that's that's a commander deck. We're gonna get We're gonna get him. We're gonna talk about him. Oh, he's got this bro here. We're gonna talk about me, mirror trash tactician Mirra Murea. Sure, I like this guy because it's another of I think there's two girl commanders actually in this set. They're like, yeah, girl can do everything.
Speaker 2: So here we go. He's a two four raccoon warrior. Our first instances of raccoons are in this set for girl and one at the beginning of your first main phase ad Red or Green for each raccoon you control, So you're gonna get one. Yeah, because there's so many raccoons out there, right, there's like two. But it represents like raccoon becoming a thing. Right now. Whenever you expend four, gain three life, that is, spend four manna spell to cast spells on your turn. Yes, okay, so during eight turn during a turn. Yes, so I could gain three life on multiple turns in a row if I spend four mana to cast spells. Check. Okay. Whenever I spend eight exile the top two cards in my library until the end of turn. I could play those cards.
Speaker 1: I think that he's just a man, a value man of rock. Yeah, think is what he really represents.
Speaker 2: Yes, especially because there's not many raccoons. If I could farm raccoons and add ten man out of my manipool, yes, that would be awesome. That would be different.
Speaker 1: But in this particular case, he's a value man of rock that again represents just a neat thing.
Speaker 2: It's spending mana matters. Yes, the commander, which is pretty cool. You know what I like in this card too is the domary raids that let you plus one to add mana for each creature you control, or add a red or green spend it only on creatures.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: This does almost the exact same thing at a similar MANO cost. It's got four toughness and can maybe block to gain me virtual life. Like Damri can get attacked to gain me virtual life. This can gain me actual life, where Domri only gains me virtual life. And then it does some other thing with card draw or like an emblem or something that doesn't fucking happen very often or matter very much. How much man am I going to have to spend if I've already expended eight? This is very Domri to me.
Speaker 1: Yes, And also again as somebody who plays a lot of gruel, I find that a lot of the time I am top decking. But if you top deck something that costs fucking eight and you play it, it draws you two cards for your next turn, which does it not.
Speaker 2: Matter until the end of your next turn? Yeah? That does? That actually matters? And if those are eight drops, then I can expend eight again, yeah, which feeds itself a little bit.
Speaker 1: It counts, and I think that that's a cool card. I'm gonna try it out in my wolfgar El Drawsy deck.
Speaker 2: Goes great again with Flubbs the Fool, where I'm casting those cards to discard cards, but I'm not discarding the ones that are in exile, so those can pile up every time I expend eighty. So that does play nice.
Speaker 1: It's a cool. Well, let's talk about the infamous cruel Clive. I've seen lots of chat about this.
Speaker 2: Person on the internal. This guy's good. Yeah, this is a three to three weasel, the weasel mercenary damn for red black one menace. When the infamous cruel Claw deals combat damage to a player, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a non land card. Okay, you may cast the card by discarding a card rather than paying its man a cost.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you why I'm gonna put this into my Obecca Splitter of Seconds deck. Okay, because I'm gonna attack with Obecca Splitter of second Yeah, and the infamous crul Claw. Okay, I'm gonna hit somebody because they have menace.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then after the combat step, I'm gonna get two three, four, five, six upkeeps and the infamous crule claw is gonna mill me down to find something that gets me that thing.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, I thought about this in my lands deck. Now I'm exiling those cards. So that's not great if I'm just exiling like twenty five lands out of my deck because I use him as win conditions. But it kind of acts like a tutor in a lands.
Speaker 1: Deck, yeah, because you just beIN lands until you find not a land.
Speaker 2: Ooh. Or I could stack the top of my deck and just take like the blight Steel Colossus from my hand and put it on top of my deck with a scroll rack and cast it by discarding whatever I switched with the blight Steel Colossus. Yeah, seems good. Terrible because the card doesn't go away at the end, like it stays there. I'm not I'm not sneak attacking it in it stays there. Yeah. So this guy's cool in the ninety nine and that is the commander.
Speaker 1: I'm interpreting this right where it happens then, Right like an Atali where a Tali attacks you cast the shit from the top, this attacks you look at the card and.
Speaker 2: Then you cast it. There it has to deal combat damage to a player, yes.
Speaker 1: But then but once the combat damage has happened, it's in combat that you played that.
Speaker 2: Yes, the the trigger is resolving, and part of the resolution of the trigger is you discarding a card to cast the spell that you hit, so it ignores timing restrictions. Like that's how you can cast creatures and stuff with a tully boom. I like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is a cool card.
Speaker 2: I like this. Yeah, I'm a fan of that.
Speaker 1: And we're going down to vrend the Relentless.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, this is this is like the rat deck that adds blue like the rat the rat player and the squirrel player and this liver player. They're just their own thing. They can play their fucking rat deck. And this is like fine, this limits you to playing rat Colony or Relentless Rats and you're gonna play twenty five of them and like that's like, is there more that's needed there?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you why. I'm gonna We're not just gonna hit it and leave, but I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you why. I think this card is overly complicated for what it does, oh, and I don't like it. So with blue black two for three four ward two yep. If a creature in opponent controls.
Speaker 2: With each shit you at silent instead. Fine.
Speaker 1: At the beginning of each end step, create a one to one black rat or x one one black rat creature tokens. This creature gets plus one plus one for each other rat you control, where x is the number of creatures your opponent controlled that were exiled this way what I read that terribly the first time. But the point is you get rats that are big based on the number of dudes that have died while rinds in play. And I think that that's hard to keep track of because if you bog somebody, which you're gonna do in black, those creatures don't count. Oh they have to come into play and die. And now you've got two exile piles. What's this fucking exile pileful?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And it's I think that's a pain in the ass and it needlessly complicates a card. But it's really good for the relentless rat player because like you get.
Speaker 2: No to double your rats, this creature gets plus one plus one for each other rat you control, where x is the number of creatures your opponent's control that were exiled.
Speaker 1: This turn read the card wrong, this whole.
Speaker 2: So if you just make X rats, you just make rats and then you bog somebody and it's like who cares? Yeah, if they're already in the graveyard, that's great.
Speaker 1: All right, you're right, Okay, never mind, I take everything I said.
Speaker 2: This actually gets worse if a creature and an opponent controls would die, exile it instead. I don't want it to be exile. I want to exile everything all at once. Don't I to make all my guys huge?
Speaker 1: No, because you make dudes, you make dudes. I thought that the dudes got big for the number of dudes that were excel but it doesn't. You make dudes.
Speaker 2: Oh man, are we going to see this card ever? And yeah leading rat X Yes, are we gonna yep? Oh yeah we will.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've rent is better than I thought he was. I take back my criticism. I think this card is actually pretty good. I don't like this now that I've read it, Let's move on to the next.
Speaker 2: I like the nat guy Wick, the warl minded he's a two four rat Warlock. So this is the other rat jerk off card for black three. Whenever Wick or another rat you control enters, create a one one black snail creature token. If you don't control a snail, otherwise put a plus on counter on a snail you control. So it's like a mass snail. That's what we're doing, snail army.
Speaker 1: You know we're a massing snail.
Speaker 2: Caviar for the boys. Oh no, caviar's fish. What snail cargo as cargo for the boys. Okay, so then we can go blue black, red sack a snail sure eats as cargo. Wick deals damage equal to the sacrificed creature's power to each opponent, then draw cards equal to the sacrificed creature's power.
Speaker 1: Here's what Wick is gonna do. This is the one that's gonna this is gonna run the relentless Rats slash rat colony deck. You're going to do the thrumbing stone, put all your rats into play.
Speaker 2: And then fling a snail and then head of getting.
Speaker 1: Wrathed out of the game and your game being over, what's gonna happen is you're gonna do all that shit and then you're gonna pay grix's and sack to snail and kill everybody. That's what the deck is gonna do. Now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like that's how I teach opponent. I thought I was gonna have to do that several times.
Speaker 1: And if you haven't been ratting hard enough or there haven't been too many chip ins that have happened, what's gonna happen instead is you're gonna have Wick. You're gonna play Wren at the same time. Okay, then you're gonna make the great big snail, and then you're gonna make even more snail because Wren makes more rats. To make your snail bigger than when somebody tries to rath you, you're gonna sack the snail to kill the guy doing the wrath and everybody else along with them.
Speaker 2: Oh man, see I like that. I like a mass snail. I wish I didn't script the s cargo joke. I'm kind of regretting myself now.
Speaker 1: So we're adding two colors to the rat deck, which is good because that the relentless rat deck. I think lots of people and invested time and love and more importantly money in building them, and this set in particular is incentivizing you to build a really cool looking relentless rats slash rat colony deck, and then they gave you the commander that you need that gets you over the hurdle that makes that deck suck.
Speaker 2: So we've got Brian start Arm fling dot deck. We've got imskiar Ironbeater that's like fling artifact dot deck. Yep, we got wick flinksnail dot deck. Yes, yeah, that is correct. Yes, I like that. And we've seen black red rat decks like the Piper guy right, yeah, and now we've got black blue and now we've got black.
Speaker 1: Grixis Rixis rats.
Speaker 2: No, don't I hate.
Speaker 1: Let me end on one that sucks.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want to start.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna we have two left. We're gonna do Zorolene Cosmos collar because I think next to the other last one we have, Colleen is the one that sucks.
Speaker 2: Three three black bat cleric for black white one vigilance flying. So that's already good. Three three vigilants flying vigilance.
Speaker 1: It's not bad.
Speaker 2: That's gonna win you limited games, tell you that much. Sure, whenever a bat you control dies attacks gain one life. Sure, okay, sure for all the bats. Yeah, we're gonna look at what that is. When Zorilene enters or attacks, you may pay white black and two life when you do return target non land permanent with man of value three or less from your graveyard to the battlefield with a finality counter on it.
Speaker 1: Now, let me explain to you what this card is. This card is shitty Suntitan. Okay, there's no bat deck. Maybe there is, Maybe there are people out there that play bat decks.
Speaker 2: I fall thought I meant battle and if you, if.
Speaker 1: You do play the bat deck, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: Forty five bats. Oh but some of them are like the double creature merge creatures and they don't count.
Speaker 1: And they all suck. Who's gonna play blind Hunter?
Speaker 2: Honestly, that card's going to haunt. You don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: There's so many one ones for four that fly, Like, who gives a shit about any of these bats? Nobody's playing these fucking bats. Okay, this card is a shitty sun Tighten. Just play sun titanayk bats, that's a good bat one. Okay, there's one good bat, but it is.
Speaker 2: A fore man of bat yeah right right, Like I.
Speaker 1: Don't think that bats are a deck archetype that people have been crying out for. And when you look at the non bat typal tithe theme of this card, it's just shitty sun tightened.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't expect that we'll see this one very often.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're gonna see this card anywhere except for the people who want to build the bat deck. And if you are, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna we're gonna see raw dog bat wing decks.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they're gonna try and oh, they're gonna overstretch their hand.
Speaker 2: They're gonna overstretch something.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, last one, last card.
Speaker 1: I like that, And I don't know why, but I really like Yigra Eater of All the six six for green black three. That's a cord sack of food.
Speaker 2: Ooh, that's never getting targeted.
Speaker 1: Except for it will because it allows itself to be targeted, because of course it does. Other creatures are food artifacts in addition to their other types. And then have two taps acking three life. Whenever a food eats shit, put two counters on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's good.
Speaker 1: That's a good ass card.
Speaker 2: So whenever any creature dies, he gets bigger. So you play Eater of All, then you pay.
Speaker 1: Well, what's that I'm not thinking, what's the marsh casualties that's actually good? My brain was trying to think of things that give creatures minus one minus one.
Speaker 2: No, well, you could just play this with like raths that don't get this, like toxic delusion.
Speaker 1: Mutilated, that's the one, toxic daylude.
Speaker 2: Toxic deluge for five, and then this just becomes like a fifteen to fifteen. This is a good card, that is very good. This is gonna give us a I think a black green control deck with a insure in the command zone doesn't provide you any any cart advantage. Really. Also, if you have some kind of infinite creature combo, you could gain infinite life. Yeah right, Like of course you need mana and thing, but you could gain infinite life with this in the commands on a part of that combo, and then you could have a second finisher, I don't know, like eather flux reservoir or toxic de luge for fifty eight thousand, right and no know, then you have to pay on that life. Yeah, but we've gained all that life from our foods.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but then it just kills all their guys, don't care. Wait, but they don't die.
Speaker 2: Maybe sacrificing creatures and food is something that we want to do anyways, so we make all our creatures food sure, and their artifacts too, so that like triggered artifact dying. This is an interesting thing for more than just like Flavorfully it's a giant cat that's eating mice and rabbits. Is this?
Speaker 1: This isn't cool card that we've played to just throw an unwinding clock in there real quick and just just benefit from stuff Like I like this card. I think it's neat. Yeah, and I don't think that the deck itself is gonna be like groundbreaking or super exciting or super crazy, but I do like it, and I think you're gonna see some neat stuff.
Speaker 2: I want to see what this deck is. This is another one that you can send us in the discord in the preferred deck list. Send it in. We want to feature a deck like this this one, maybe Wick, maybe some from the pre con If you want to modify.
Speaker 1: Flubs, Flubs is larb. Flubs is number one. Flubbs is the one that we want the most. Okay, I want flubs and then I want glard.
Speaker 2: Send it in, send them to it and If you want to pick up any of those cards, you go to Fusion Gaming Online dot com CEO Summer promo code, get a discount, pay less money right, Big thanks to them, Yeah, big, thanks to them. Big thanks to producer Gary, Big thanks to Pile of Bones Brewing, and final thought of the day for you take us out. I'm leaning back, Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan of how this set is gone. I think that we talked about it last week where it's kind of cutesy and neither one of us are super into.
Speaker 2: That, but it's still fucks like a tail with a butt plug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly precisely. I think that they didn't go so cutesy on it that people who don't like QT can't enjoy it, and I think that people who do enjoy the qutes are getting exactly what they want. And I'm really happy that all those people are happy, because it's not like we're left on the outside. We got a bunch of stuff that we're gonna play and a bunch of stuff that's great, and if you're getting more than that out of this, then this set is a rousing success. And we're gonna talk about more things that are rousing successes when we discussed the Commander decks from Bloomborough on the next episode of Commander cup Out podcast. In our theme s,