Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for.
Speaker 2: Agnition with the aw Fan podcast team. But let's talk a little bit about all In. Our overall impressions of all In. This was a good show. I mean, there's no other way to put it. It was a good show. I think it exceeded my personal expectations. If I'm being honest with it. I didn't have bad expectations. Don't get me wrong. I just think that it exceeded my expectations. The thing that kind of caught me a little off guard is when Jamie Hater appeared in zero Hour.
Speaker 1: I kind of understand why he did that.
Speaker 2: But I kind of don't because if she had come out in zero hour and said I'm going to fight you during the show, then that may have enticed people to buy the show the actual pay per view, But her coming out in zero hour and then doing nothing at all afterward, it kind of seemed like a wasted a wasted return. I don't know how to put it. So that's just my one of my impressions. We'll keep going as long as we want to talk about it. Who else has something they have to they that caught their eyes? Be good bad, strange whatever.
Speaker 3: I think the the arrangement of the matches blacked this time great show. I agree with you, it was one of the better shows of the year so far.
Speaker 1: But the women's.
Speaker 3: Matches should have been switched. There's no way in hell you put Mercedes Monette in them after the women's title. That match was the title. That match should have been the biggest match on the card. I know we all thought throughout the run up to it that it should have been the main event, but it was the second match in the night that made no sense to me. And I know you're not real big on the hook match, but the best part of that match for me was the Taz mission. It was awesome to see Taz do something other than just talk on the mic.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, anybody else have an impression of all in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely the show exceeded my expectations. I know I'd made the comment before comparing it to last year with Adam Cole and MJF. I thought that build was a lot better, but the main event caught me completely off guard. It was everything it needed to be a more. There was great wrestling, there was great storytelling, there was great personality, just the main event blew me away for aw's biggest show of the year. It hit right.
Speaker 2: On one of the things long and I wanted to get your your thoughts on this. One of the things that I read as a negative the main event is that Brian Danielson took a bunch of finishers and they didn't seem to phase him, you know, in the way that it should have. I guess what do you think?
Speaker 4: Well, I will give AW the credit. Normally there they can be bad with the finisher, kickout or finish her no cells. But I feel like since they saved it mainly for the main event. We did get some in will Osbury and MJF, but mainly in the main event, it worked within the story like these are the two top guys. If there's somebody who's strong enough to will his way out of a house call straight to the head, it's Brian Daniels. Said what he does that his kids are watching right there right.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute. So they complained that Danielson kicked out of numerous finishers, when that's how Swerve has won every match he's been in since he became champion. Does that not make any sense?
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: But when you look at it from a point of view, when you look at it from a point of view, that a lot of people that had not watched AW pay per views were likely watching this one. I saw a lot of posts, you know, on Reddit that said, I haven't watched any AW pay per views, but I did like this and I.
Speaker 1: Thought it was good.
Speaker 2: But there are a few people that didn't make a comment about it. So you're right in your assessment. There something. But the I think that we have to realize they're take into consideration is that maybe not a lot of people who have seen a lot of swarve matches that made those comments.
Speaker 1: Who else wants?
Speaker 2: Who else has an impression of all in.
Speaker 5: All good and go? If I can't, I want to really talk. Not really bad. Okay, So I was on the chat for the Casino Gauntlet and people were picking that apart for the stupidest reasons. I enjoyed the hell out of that match. It hyped me up. I was glued. I think it's better than the Royal Rumble in my opinion.
Speaker 1: But it was good.
Speaker 5: But people want to nitpicked Nigel. Why was Nigel in it? Well, Nigel was in it because It was fun and that's what wrestling should be. It was a good match. The ending was kind of weird, but it worked out in the end. So that's my piece.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this, MK.
Speaker 2: Did you enjoy the match for the wrestling more predominantly than you enjoyed the match for the entrances and the circumstance of people coming to the ring and not knowing you was going to be next You know what I mean, the surprise factor of the of the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a surprise factor. I think there were some good parts the wrestling, like Nigel and Zach Favor Junior tying up and doing their thing was kind of cool. There are bits and pieces that were good, but overall it was a fun environment that kept me guessing and kept me entertaining. Because usually we're during a royal rumbol, it has low spots. But I think Tony has found a creation of his own that works for him and people like it.
Speaker 1: Not. Did you have anything that you wanted to say about all in?
Speaker 6: Overall, I liked all in. I liked all of the matches. I have to agree with I think it was sudden that it seemed a little bit out of Order, But I think that it was like that, like you were saying, Kelson for the people that maybe were watching for the first time or the casual fans, and also to make things not so predictable for those of us that maybe watch every week, to keep us on the edge of our seats and guessing. And there was a point during Swerve and Danielsen's match where I thought about Sutton because Swerve was laughing off Danielson's hits, and it just it got to me and made me chuckle because I know that was a point that Sutton had brought up that he was tired of seeing Swerve do that. Yes, one of the things that I liked during the Gauntlet match was seeing Dark Order out there and Evil Uno keeping tribute to Brodie Lee, right. I thought that for a moment there when Orange Cassidy kind of dropped from the sky, that this was it. This was finally Dark Orange Cassidy or who I've been calling Blood Orange, and he was gonna go for it and go all in and really lose his mind. And of course he gets out there and does that damn roll up once again that I am really tired of seeing and I wish he would stop it and I can't take it anymore. And honestly, I thought things overall were gonna be a little more violent than they were. And that's kind of one of the things that I missed a little bit, was I think that things didn't get quite as violent as they usually do, even between Darby and Jack Perry, and I didn't maybe I missed it during their match, but it didn't seem like anybody called out the fact that when they threw that glass down, that glass was the glass from the windshield from last year, or at least it was supposed to be, and it okay, nobody pointed that out, and I thought that that was kind of a big throwback to what happened, like talking about it without talking about it, and you know, so that's my that's what I took from it.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about a little bit, like a subliminal things that happened that I noticed. And of course I'm weird, so I noticed the silly stuff. A lot of people noticed it too, but I wanted to point it at that pointed out because I even made a post on the aw fat Up subread it about it. But I just wanted to talk about a few things that happened during the show that I thought were.
Speaker 1: Silly, unusual, or just neat.
Speaker 2: For example, this was the first time I ever saw the House of Black walk to the ring because it usually goes dark. We saw their entire entrance because their entrance was early in the show. Another thing that happened, and I thought this was kind of funny, was when Orange Cassidy was announced.
Speaker 1: The pyro for him was this.
Speaker 2: One little pathetic firecracker that they showed at the top of the stadium.
Speaker 1: I thought that was brilliant.
Speaker 2: Another thing I wanted to point out was that streamer guy, the guy that was in charge of the streamers during the mgf Osprey match. He's probably fired, so unfortunate, and I don't know, it's just and I did hear that the Darby Allen Jack Perry match was cut short because the show was going a little long and there's a ten o'clock erpew for I guesst Noy's ordinance or something like that, so they had to cut that match short.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think they think the issues they're having in England right now, there's been a lot of violence lately, so that might have been and also a reason why it was cut short to your point that they were had.
Speaker 2: A curfew, okay, and then you know, is there anything else that kind of stood out for you guys that you noticed that just seemed interesting.
Speaker 4: I did at one moment just kind of chuckle about the Casino Gauntlet and seeing like Roderick Strong and Kyle O'Reilly and Nigel McGinnis, and it's just like I'm watching Ring of Honor from two thousand and nine again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or you can even say, when it comes to Roderick Strong, words Cassidy, Kyle O'Reilly, Mark Briscoe, you're watching every episode of Dynamite, Rampage and Collision from the last six months. And guess who's on tomorrow night as well? You know those guys.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to getting to that and I have.
Speaker 2: Something to say about that too. So, so we had some title changes or maybe not even changes, because I like the Trios title was not it was vacated basically, so that was one but the previous winners didn't win, so I guess you could call it a title change. Ed will Osprey winning the Now and International Championship, So you we did have quite a number of things going on. I guess is the best way to put it. But now you have to look at it as far as Okay, so now all in is over, You've got the all Out card coming up. Plus you're you're going to have to start building stories. You know, who is Mariah May now going to battle? Who is Brian Danielson now going to battle? You know, as far as we know that, like Darby Allen has a title shot and we know that Christian Cage has a title shot, are those going to be long term feuds or is there going to be story built around it? Or is it just going to be matches? You know, Mariah May, you know we still have Mercedes Bonet with the belt? What's next for will Osprey? The only thing that we know is will Osprey at all Out. It has already been announced that will Osprey is going to have a match against Pack at All Out. But what what will you guys like to see? As far as story, not necessarily for championships, but just story.
Speaker 5: I really think that Christian versus Damnson doesn't need to be long. I think Christian comes out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I tell you died on us, your audio went completely. Anybody else has something to say?
Speaker 4: I agree. I think that because they've made it a point to say that Christian can use his title shot at any time, So I think he's going to hold on to that until Danielson has a for sure title match and kind of do the money in the bank thing. I don't think it's going to be a long title run or any or a long program or anything like that, but I would like to see Jack Perry getting an actual feud for the TNT title and and be on Dynamite and be kind of featured.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think the return of the Grizzled Young Vets is going to hopefully put some life into the tag team division. I think that could be a big thing that they could be working to.
Speaker 2: Try to do.
Speaker 3: Now, Mariah May, I don't know who she had. I mean, it's end up it's gonna end up being her versus probably either Nina shere Kawa or the returning I can't think of her name right now. My mind just went blank. That could be one of the things that they do with Danielson. I'm it's gonna depend on what he says tomorrow night. I really don't want to say much on what I think is gonna happen with the main title, because I don't know, you know, whether he's gonna he could come out tomorrow night and say I'm done. I gotta get my neck fixed and I can't wrestle anymore and just re relinquish the title. So I guess tomorrow night will determine more what's gonna happen for me in the future.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true, Matt, did you have anything.
Speaker 6: I was like to see Hangman do a little bit more, maybe roll over some more people with his carry on, But my eyes honestly are on Russel Dream because they're coming to where I am. So I'm I'm hoping that somehow they're going to swerve this dare I say, into a swerve Hangman match. I don't know how, but that's one of the things that I'm I'm really hoping for. And I'm looking forward to seeing Osprey and Pack and I want to see what the young bucks or our wonderful EVPs are going to do, I you know, And there were some twists there, like I'm surprised that Luchsaurus did what he did. I was looking for him to turn on Christian and I want to know where they're going with that with this this whole thing with him and Christian, So I don't know women's division all around, So I just want to see where things are going to go.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the one thing that we're definitely going to see is MGF and Daniel Garcia, and I like that because it gets FJF and Daniel Garcia in a feud that doesn't involve a belt, and I like to see Tony Kahan do more of that. I'd like to see Tony Khan do more of that because not every feud has to be for a title.
Speaker 4: I think that's a great point and I really do agree with that, and I think having a couple of those feuds will help with the fielding that there's too many titles because every feud is for a title. Now at least get some variety. So definitely a good point.
Speaker 2: I'd actually like to see Mina Shirakala and Tony Storm in a feud, even though Tony Storm has already defeated Mina Shirakala, even if it's a tag team. Even if Mina Shirikala tag teamed with Mariah may Say and Reform Rose Gold, Tony Storm could get.
Speaker 1: Her own partner.
Speaker 2: Uh and I dare say it, what about getting Thunderstorm back together.
Speaker 3: That's a very interesting idea.
Speaker 2: So I thought, again, it doesn't mean that I want to see a feud bereft of titles, but I'd like to see some feuds or stories built around non title matches, I guess, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, And with with as many people as they have on the roster, you don't have enough title to do that. To have nothing but titles and fuse for titles, you have to start setting up some fuse outside of that. You know. The one thing I kind of find would be a great story in the heavyweight title championship would be a he hasn't done it yet, but would be a Christian cashing in his chance at the title and Lucasaurus taking it from him winning the title just for the here. It would be cool to see happen.
Speaker 2: Then, Yeah, I mean, I mean again, it's weird because we've got all out coming on. So I have a feeling that we're going to see Giadaparazzo and thunder Rosa and have their what their Walter thirteenth batch. Now we're definitely going to see Roderick Strong and Conglomeration and all that, because God forbid we we have a show without them. But you know who's Mercedes Monette good at Battle Against? I mean, we have no the only how do I put this, The only story that she's had over the last several months as he's been here, was briefly with It looked like it was going to be Mercedes Monet and Julia Harp, but then Julia got injured, so Willow Nightingale had to step in. Is if Julia Hart comes back, maybe that's what we get for All Out, But I don't kind of don't want to see that for All Out because I don't think there's enough time to build the story there, and it's certainly not enough time for Julia to get her wrestling legs back under her either. I want to see a good match with Mercedes Monette, not something that's thrown together. I wouldn't mind if Mercedes Monet did not defend the title at All Out. I wouldn't mind if Mercedes Mode and Camille were tag team partners at All Out and feuded against somebody else.
Speaker 3: What would be kind of nice for All Out would be if none of the titles were actually on the line, except for we know that the other only match we know about is the Statlander versus for the.
Speaker 1: The what is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the only other match we know for sure for al Out. We don't know the stipulation for it yet.
Speaker 1: But is it?
Speaker 2: But is it? Is it? Is it a CMLL title match?
Speaker 1: I don't know, ye believe it is.
Speaker 4: World title match up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm pretty sure that Will is going to lose hopefully, but uh, you know, it would be kind of nice to see people who didn't participate in all in just have some matches, some good, good matches, because again, this is the second year in a row. It's too close together. At least we got an extra week this year year, But this is this is kind of a ridiculous way to do a pay per view two weeks after your big pay per view.
Speaker 1: With no build up to it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're gonna get two weeks, that's it.
Speaker 2: So does anybody else any else have any ideas for something for the All Out card that they'd like to suggest or even see.
Speaker 4: I think, uh, maybe a tag team number one contenders matched, Like if we're assuming that the acclaimed an FTR and knocked down the list, we get like Top Flight and Private Party or some other team, the Iron Savages, someone new when the tag team division. I think that could be a good match at all out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, look, the problem with that is, and I don't want to come off as pompous here, but I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna buy a pay per view to see the Iron Savages?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: That is a fair fact.
Speaker 2: It depends.
Speaker 3: It depend on if they put enough effort into it to make it worth you. If you put Private Party and Iron Savages in the Grizzled Young Vets and maybe one or two other good, good young tag teams in it, you ain't making a very good match. It could be worth it. It just depends on who.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about the Grizzled Young Vets for a second here. Okay, who are they? Most people in aw fan hub don't know. Uh, a lot of people don't know who they are. It's as simple as that huge mistake. Grizzledjung Vets are not going to sell pay per viewer in my opinion, I don't know what your opinion is, but I'm not going to pay to see Grizzled Young Vets. I pay to see somebody else for sure. Don't really give a damn about the Grizzled Young Vets. They haven't done anything.
Speaker 4: I agree, and I think this goes I don't know. We kind of talked about all out, But do you guys, are you on the camp that you believe that was the spot for the guns. They were supposed to show up and come out after the match and we're gonna have the guns and FTR and the Bucks all together, And they just went and with the Grizzled Young Bets because the guns weren't available.
Speaker 3: I think they did it that way because they're trying to introduce a new team. Hell, we could have Bobby Lashly and those guys show up tomorrow night and add a new tag team that could be involved. You know, that's the problem with doing this. That's the biggest problem I have with them right now is we have way too much up in the air for such a short turnaround to the next pay per view. I still think they should move this to the end of the month and make it the end of September instead of the beginning of September, so that you have more time to build up because you're coming off with something that ended some feuse and ended some stories and now you have nothing to build one.
Speaker 2: Well, don't forget they did already set up Darby Allen for Grand Slam, which is next month. Uh. And then you do have Christian Cage with a title shot, a guaranteed title shot.
Speaker 3: How many people actually think Christian Cage is gonna win the world title?
Speaker 6: You know, we think Christian Cage won't do a lot, and he keeps doing a lot.
Speaker 3: Well, he keeps doing, but I don't know, I just don't see Christian Cage holding the world title.
Speaker 4: I will say I never would have thought I would say TNT Champion Christian Cage.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, yeah, that's what I'm That's what I mean. He keeps doing a lot of things that nobody thinks he's gonna do, so I would not say never.
Speaker 1: Yeh.
Speaker 2: What I would play up here is, Look, Brian Danielson and Christian Cage did have a match in October twenty twenty three for the T and T title, which at the time was held by Christian Cage. It was a great match that Brian Danielson was on the verge of winning, but then Big Bill, who at the time was won half of the the aw Tag Team Champions with Ricky Starks. Big Bill came out and caused a distraction which allowed Ricky Starks to literally dive into the ring in one fell swoop hit Brian Danielson across the head and knocked him out, and Christian Cage got the win. So it was a Christian Cage victory, but it wasn't a clean victory, and I think that they need to play up that angle where Brian Danielson is pissed off at Christian Cage for that and build a story around that particular ular thing. I want to go ahead and talk about Dynamite because this is an interesting little show, and I want to specifically talk about the match that I'm dreading and looking forward to, honestly because of something that actually Sutton said earlier, and I am talking about the eight man All Star Tag team match where on one side you've got the conglobration. The word of the day is overused against the Learning Tree and Rodert Strong for whatever reason. When this match was announced, it got a lot of pushback on Twitter, which actually made Tony Kahn respond to it he said, trust me, guys. Basically, I don't know what he said, but he's like, fruss be guys, I know what I'm doing here. You're not going to be disappointed when you have to legitimize your own booking.
Speaker 1: Like that. You know it's shit booking.
Speaker 2: I think a lot more people than just me are sick and tired to see in the same shit every week with these same guys.
Speaker 1: Come on seriously.
Speaker 2: And what I meant when I said that, what else Sutton said was you brought up the Hurt Syndicate, which is what they're called, Bobby Lapsley, MVP Centric, Alexander whomever. Maybe this is the point where they come out and they get involved in match. Maybe this is the point because because Tony Kahn is alluding to something there, He's alluding to, Okay, this isn't just going to be another one of these mats, these boring as ship matches that he puts on every goddamn week. We see Roderick Strong, and we see Orange Cassidy and we see Kyle O'Reilly. It's getting all it's it's not getting old, it's ben old. I'm sorry it has.
Speaker 3: You have you this.
Speaker 1: Roll ups, Wait a minute.
Speaker 3: Hold on, now you see who the opponents are against the conglomeration. Correct, it's it's the Learning Tree and Roderick Strong versus the Conglomeration. What's the match? At the end of the hook match, big Bill got hit by Jericho. This could be the end of the Learning Tree tomorrow night. There could be the mask gets started, they start going at it, and then all of a sudden, Big Bill and the Bad Apple turn on your Ericho and they end Jericho's Learning Tree, which could be a big deal. I mean, that would be a lot of people want to see that go. So that could be what happens tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, what are you gonna do about Roderick?
Speaker 2: I mean, uh, Roderick Strong and Kyle O'Reilly and Orange Cassidy. Why are we going to end that?
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully that's I mean, they're gonna use those guys together for a while. But like I've said before about Roderick Strong and the Kingdom, they need to go to Roh and stay there. They don't belong in eat ae W. They're not strong enough to carry aw anymore. They weren't. They were a joke when they were the They had the titles and they're just filler now. I mean, seriously, they if they get rid of Roderick Strong, you won't have as much with the conglomeration because it seems that the he's the only thing they're used for.
Speaker 2: Well I'm just saying is that, And I don't know if you agree with me, but when you look at the conglomeration, you look at undisputed Kingdom Ardie necessary Kingdom as I call it, it's it's basically I mean, this is like the seventy third match that they've had, you know, together, I mean, I agree with you, point what is the point this match?
Speaker 3: It's like we've said all along. You know, you have such a huge loster. Using the same guys week in and week out for every show makes no sense, absolutely no sense. You have them once a week, once a month. You get rotating. Tony needs to start rotating his usage of people, because there are people we haven't seen in ages.
Speaker 6: When I started, oh sorry, no good oh. When I started that conversation, I asked a question on Reddit about that seeing other people. Especially leading up to the pay per view, a lot of people were of the mind that a w still had to sell tickets and you weren't going to sell tickets by putting people who didn't have big names into matches. So it seems kind of like a catch twenty two. Either you put these big names out there every week, or I guess Tony Kahan and everybody else who runs the show is worried that they won't fill the seat.
Speaker 2: Well that okay, Look, I'm ben a counteract that I'm an a counter come up with a counterpoint to that aw has not been filling the seats and the why let me put it this way, I'm a big aaw fan. I'm the host of the aw fan up subreddit. You know, I'm co founder of the subreddit, am the host of the podcast. I I absolutely do not see Roderick Strong, Kyle O'Reilly, Orange, Cassidy, Chris Jericho as a selling point to buy it for me to buy a ticket.
Speaker 1: I don't know how the rest of you feel.
Speaker 2: But if I'm looking at a car and I'm like, oh, they're there again, so I mean, I'm.
Speaker 7: Sorry, but I what could they possibly do in this match other than a run in that somebody comes in and cleaves clocks?
Speaker 1: You know, but if this.
Speaker 2: Is a straight up match, what could they possibly do that would make this different for the last twenty five times that we see them in the last twenty five weeks.
Speaker 6: The only thing, the only thing I was hoping for during the pay per view was when Tyle O'Reilly ran in, was that he just kept on running. So if they did something like that, if he just ran to the ring, ran through the ring and just kept going, and other than that, I don't see it.
Speaker 3: So you could return some with Joe tomorrow night. I mean that's possible. Uh, there's a lot of possibility. But you're right, You're absolutely right, And and I disagree with that whole You have that big name stars on the on the pay per view. You just had the big name stars on a pay per view two weeks later. Having another star filled pay per view is too rushed. There are a lot of people that they've that have been brought into this company that don't get used. And you will sell tickets, put it in a smaller venue, put it as a as a you know that. That's part of the reason why Tony Kahn is having such issues right now with that is because he uses the same people too much and he's not giving everybody the same amount of chance that he should. I just I just think that that that that whole here, you have to have the biggest stars on the pay per view to sell it. I don't buy that.
Speaker 2: I would much rather see I would much rather see Camille than Orange Cassidy at all. Out me too, you know, I want to see somebody that has potential afforded the opportunity to live up to upper potential. It's preposterous to me that we're seeing whole shows. I'm not even talking pay per views. I'm talking dynamite collision rampage. We're having fifteen minute blocks of every single show and every single week that dedicated to the same guys.
Speaker 1: Over and over.
Speaker 2: And what's worse is they're doing the same thing over and over. There's no or I can't really say no. It's very rare that they're doing a match. How many times we're going to see the conglomeration against the same entities. I mean, we're doing the same thing over and over and over again. I use the term groundhog day, like the movie on dog Day with Bill Murray. When it comes to this particular group, I feel like I'm stuck in groundhog Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wwe repeat and rerun, re repeat and redo everything the same all the time, and then they wonder why their numbers are down. They wonder why they're struggling to do this, that and the other. And that's exactly what happened to the WWE when they broke up the Shield. They started doing every match the same. Every time you watch the show was the same. And we're starting to get that into aw And I don't know if it's just that Tony doesn't recognize it or the fact, like I've said before, where he plans things out so far in advance, and he's proven over time that he's not able to change real he's not able to move quick on his feet sometimes, and that could be a part of the problem too.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: I think that the conglomeration, and by that I just I'm going to add Roddy to it because he's been tenjenly attached to this group the whole time. I think the main problem is that that is the feud, and we're just getting a reshuffle of all the guys there. So we'll have Hologram who's part of the team one week, or we have the Beast Mortos who's on the heel team this week. Or well, it's it's still this group of guys that it seems like there's no direction for so we're just going to cram them all together and random order week after week after week after week after week. And now, I mean you can hear us, we've all kind of grown sick of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like adding a different narrator to the same story every week. Yes, way I could to explain it. I mean, it's just boring. So let's move on to something that's maybe a little bit more I'm kind of excited about it. Is Ricochet and Kyle Fletcher making an appearance on Dynamite with Ricochet's in ring Dynamite debut. This is this could be interesting because Kyle Fletcher's buddies with Will Osprey. Ricochet is buddies with real will Osprey. So although will Osprey is kind of played it up that he doesn't like Ricochet that much, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you excited to see Ricochet?
Speaker 4: Very excited to see Ricochet. I do have a spicy prediction though, I think it uh Ricochet turns heel and aligns himself with Don Kallas and they kick out Kyle Fletcher.
Speaker 1: Oh, very interesting. We'll have to. If that happens, we'll get to give you props.
Speaker 3: We can't keep having everybody turn heel. They an't come in, they do his thing, don't adding, don't add him. He doesn't need Don Kallas. There's no need for Don Kellis to have him.
Speaker 1: I don't think Don.
Speaker 3: Callas is gonna have to kick out Kyle Fletcher. I think that once once uh Osprey settles down, and if anybody have any idea when Fletcher's partner's coming back, anybody heard.
Speaker 2: Anything, I have not heard a word. I did look it up a few weeks ago, and it just there's nothing to be said about who was it.
Speaker 3: There was somebody during the broadcast of the pay per view that mentioned him but called him his former partner, So that kind of found a little odd because he's just hurt. It's not like the team broke up. They just he's been out. So if you hear that kind of stuff, you know it's I think that Osprey's going to I think that they're going to kick Fletcher out, but I think it's going to be of his own choice, and he's going to join uh Osprey and then possibly bring in Ricochet to add to the United.
Speaker 2: Empire. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: There so many United I can't remember which one which, but yeah, I think that's what's gonna happen. Hopefully they don't turn somebody else immediately into a heel. That's just way too much.
Speaker 2: I did make a graphic last week where I had Ricochet, Kyle Fletcher, Well Osbury and somebody else. I can't remember who I put into graphic to be honest with you right now, but I did have them reforming the United Empire.
Speaker 6: Allie's painting isn't complete, don't forget.
Speaker 4: So who knows Hobb's put on Twitter that he's coming back soon.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's that's very true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 2: If you get like Kyle Fletcher and even Ricochet as a tag I would rather that that grizzled young Vets. I'm just not invested in them at all. I mean, they just seem like a slightly better outrunners to me. I mean that's where I look at it.
Speaker 3: They could just be the spark, you know what I mean, They could just be the first group that is there to represent the newest parts of the tag team division that needs Honestly, we all know it needs rebuilt. It's pretty much become shit, and hopefully that might just be the first beginning of it.
Speaker 2: Well, we just saw the Box defeat the Acclaimed and FDR, so they definitely need to build somebody else because FDR and the Acclaimed aren't hanging it, They're not hacking it.
Speaker 6: Is anyone excited about the von Erics at all?
Speaker 2: I was thinking about them, I am, but they're they're a rig of honor.
Speaker 1: They should be at rig of Honor.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, but I mean, we can be excited.
Speaker 3: I saw them for the first time in the in the pre show, and I'm gonna tell you what, I can't remember which one it is, the bigger one. He's pretty big, and he's pretty.
Speaker 1: Good in the rings.
Speaker 3: From what I've seen of him so far, I think they actually have a chance to be something sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and you've got Semi Gavara there, you know. And I think Sammy's doing really, really well. You know, he's wrestled a few times on Ring of Honor. His personality is coming through. He's out from under Chris Jericho, which, as I believe, is exactly what he wanted, and so I'm looking forward to that. The only thing I'm looking forward to I think you're gonna see Jamie Hater and Sorea at all out, which, frankly, I'd like to see that, I really would. It's something different, and it's a stepping stone, let's face it, but Cater against Harley Cameron, and Harley Cameron has gone from being and I hate to say this, but she was kind of like ring dressing. I guess it's the best way to put it. She was comic relief. She's actually pretty damn good in the ring, and I'm glad that she's getting her chances to earn her spot. I mean, sure, she's going through a tough time as far as in the wind Lost column, but hey, so did Sky Blue, so did Julia Hart, and they elevated themselves through hard work. I can't stress how impressed I am with Harley Cameron's ring work. She's doing a lot better than I expected. Jamie Hater, Gosh, it's just going to be great to see her wrestling.
Speaker 1: Is it me?
Speaker 2: Or does it look like she's in much much better shape, not that she was in mad shape before. She looks she just looks like she could do somersaults, where before she looked like a bruiser. Nothing wrong with that, but now she looks more athletic, I guess, is what I'm saying. Yeah, I think she's.
Speaker 3: I think she's definitely it's the time for her to come back and it'll be nice to see her in the ring. And to me, it just makes the current situation in the women's division. I can't really explain what I want to say here because it has diversity and pulls it'll further for me, pulls it further away from what they think it is now because for whatever reason, to me, the way they did the women's title and the TBS title on Sunday, they kind of tried to say that the TBS title is more important than the women's title. But from the matches, there was no comparison, not one big comparison. The women's The TBS title with Monet and Bart and Baker got absolutely no crowd reaction, very very little. There were nobody standing up. The only time they stood up in that match was when Camille got sent off.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 3: If you go back and watch the replay of that match, everybody sitting, hardly anybody's cheering, but the women's match, it was everybody was into it. I don't know. I just I'm hoping that.
Speaker 2: I totally disagree with you. I totally disagree with you. I watched both matches and I thought they both got save reactions. I think you're looking at it with rose colored glasses.
Speaker 3: I was just watching the match and watching the people behind it in the in the camera view, and they all were sitting And the only time I saw him get up was when Hate when when Camille got sent off, and a couple of three in the back towards the end of the first row or the main rows there did the d M D thing once, But other than that, I didn't see anybody. They didn't even cheer when she got when when they got handled the title again, they just sat there. But that's just what I saw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think it has a lot to do also with the story.
Speaker 1: Just stop being very compelling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think it was trying to say that the TVs title was more invalid. I think when you're looking at the layout of the show, there are two very big matches with will Ospury and MJF and then the main event are title match, and some match needed to go in the middle. So let's not put the match with the best story in that spot, so the crowd can be enthused about that earlier in the show.
Speaker 2: I think it has more to do with Mercedes Monet is.
Speaker 1: How I put this.
Speaker 2: Tony Kahn's expensive newer toy, and he wanted it because she's a quote unquote name that has worldwide appeal. I believe that Tony con thinks he can put Mercedes Monet in the ring with anybody and it would sell. That is not the case. You have to sell it, and this just wasn't sold, and it was.
Speaker 1: It's just Britt Baker.
Speaker 2: Is a star, but she's a star for other reasons that are that are wrestling. If that makes sense to me, Baker needs a tag team partner to be.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just don't see Baker as a singles wrestler. And you're only as good as your opponent, and at a one on one singles match, Baker can't hang with Monette. Now, if it was a tag team, I do believe Baker can hang because she has a tag team wrestling style. To me, I don't see Baker is a singles wrestler. Yes, she was the former women's champion, but when she was the women's champion. The aw's women's division looks a whole hell of a lot different. And I will say this and I need this. If it was Sida in that match, it would have been perfectly slotted right where it was because you have two big names in that match. To me, Baker is not the name that she once was.
Speaker 4: I fully agree, and I'm kind of scared that the hidas I'm coming back for the women's division, I'm coming back for the women's division, will turn into her being Mercedes next fewd and I don't think she takes it from Mercedes.
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot of people, and I don't know how you feel about this. I've seen a lot of people express opinions that she'da is going to be doing a heel turn.
Speaker 3: When you can look at it this way, she just been a three time women's champion. Mercedes just come in and been given everything she'd been given. I am not impressed with her in the ring. Like I said before, She's just exactly what I expected from a WWE trained woman to come into aw She has some skill, it's not that great because she didn't have that much to work with in ANWWE. The man was about the only one there that would be able to survive on the aw roster and be impressive. She'dah comes in. She just should either, I would see she'da going after the women's title again instead of going after the TBS title, because to me, the TBS title is your second fiddle title and she doesn't need that title. She needs to be put back into the women's division. If she turns seal, she turns seal. Everybody else does, so why not she Yeah.
Speaker 1: To think about it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys will agree with me on this, but the thing about Monette that I am the most impressed with is that she doesn't phone it in. She really works to make her opponent look good, and I really appreciate that he works her ass off. There were moments in that brit Baker Mercedes Boname match at All in where Mercedes literally put herself at risk to try to make Baker look good, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: That's so funny that you say that, but that's true. I mean, you know, I've said it before and I hate saying it all the time, but Baker doesn't deserve to be anywhere near your title because she hasn't proved herself to be able to be at one. You could have put anybody in that match. It would have been a better match. You could have put Lady Ice in that match, and it would have been a better match. But agad Ice, what's her name, that's what's her name?
Speaker 1: Lady front lady.
Speaker 2: I was like, you need to have the roster right in front of your face when you do.
Speaker 3: Anyway, the point is it would have been a better match. But you know, again, I don't Sheidah could be a huge champion as a face. And last week we talked about how the fans determine what that person is. They're going to cheer for Shidah whether she's a healer or face. It doesn't matter because everybody, all the aw fans love Chidah because she she does what she does. She comes in the ring, like you said about money, she puts everything into her matches. I have never seen a match where she has come in and said I don't want to feel like wrestling tonight, let me just let this person win or whatever. So you know, I don't know, We'll see what happens, but I would rather see her go for.
Speaker 2: The main title. Well, let's look at something else here. I had brought up, you know, the reformation of Tony Tony Storm and thunder Rosa, you know Thunderstorm. But that's just one option. You know. Again, if if we do have a women's tag title announced, that is definitely a great team to have. But beyond that, what's next for Tony's Storm.
Speaker 4: I hope Tony takes a break. We we don't see Tony Storm for a little while and Mariah can be a strong champion because then you know, everyone's going to lose their mind when that music hids.
Speaker 2: Did you see the Did you see what Tony Storm did after the match against Mariah may Uh? They showed her. She they did a black and white little vignette back there at all In and she basically walked backstage and just kept on walk as she hopped over, went outside, hopped over the barrier and just started walking the streets of London here with Luthor behind her.
Speaker 3: Renee Piquette said that if you didn't watch the media scrum, they had a little thing with her and RJ, and they did a whole thing about what happened after the match, and they said she just took off and kept going and they said that Luther was frantically running after trying to stop her. I hope with Tony Storm. I don't hope she disappears. I just hope she takes some time out of the ring and goes full meltdown, because that's where her character was leading to when this whole thing started breaking down. I'm hoping that's what they do, and when she comes back, she comes back as Tony Storm, not the scarlet Tony Storm. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But okay, so let me ask you guys a question. So, now Tony Storm is no longer the women's champion, Mariah May is the women's world champion.
Speaker 1: What do you think of Maria Man.
Speaker 3: In the build up to this whole thing, when she was having the she was with with Tony Storm, I thought she was much more believable. I think when they did the breakaway, they did it too soon. It kind of lost I mean, that story was still good, but it kind of lost some of it there. I think she's a good wrestler. We're just gonna have to see how she works with other people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's kind of what I'm curious about. I'm trying to think of like babyfaces that could so we have thunder rows up, maybe Serena deeb. But who's ready and rare and to go to be a believable challenger right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, Nott, do you have any who? What do you think of Mariah May? And who do you think is next for Mariah May?
Speaker 6: I like her, I you know, I don't hate her. I like her pretty much. I can see her and thunder Rose. I think they would be good against each other.
Speaker 5: Mmmm.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: She's got quite a few people on the women's roster to choose from, but I'd like to see her in thunder Rosa against one another develop a little something there. Then thunder Rosa has been missing for a little while and I'm miss seeing her, so I'd like to get that going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're gonna see, you know what, all out. I could see Thunderosa and Diata Parozzo. I could see a lot of I think all that's gonna be a women's showcase. To be honest with you, I think you're gonna see some women's matches that all out. I mean we're already. I think you're gonna see obviously, you're gonna see stat Lander and Willow Nightingale, I do think you're gonna see Parozzo and h and thunder Rosa. I wouldn't be shocked if you saw Mercedes Bonet against somebody probably in my opinion, I really do hope that it's a tag match, so you would see four women in that match. So I really do think that you're gonna see a lot more women's participation on the main show and all out that you did and all in. It's gonna be almost Forbidden doorsh Remember we had four women's matches and Forbidden Door, So I think it's gonna be kind of the same kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Whatever gets some new faces on TV. I'm four, I mean, and he said you'd miss seeing thunder Rosa, but even seeing Taya Valkyrie. She played a role in the thunder Rosa Deanna Paroff's a feud. So I'd like to see more. Oh my goodness, I of Alkyray.
Speaker 2: I would love to see. In all honesty, I would love to see Mercedes Bonett and Camille against Athena and Billy Starr work. I would just think that would be a great match.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening, guys. This is Kelson. Good night, everybody, not everybody, good night. Eddie Kingston,