Speaker 1: Richardson.
Speaker 2: You're kicking ass on Ana, blow your kiss.
Speaker 3: I heard quit epic with ill show You're gonna ruling it, except with similar sweet pursuing it huddled out Shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what you're lying at the eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house? A go status. How we're starting to get crattic shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit two the end zone out.
Speaker 1: Crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 4: I'm on, I hang out with my friends, rocking on the radio.
Speaker 1: My home Moiskin is.
Speaker 5: Talking on the radio.
Speaker 2: It's time to do this.
Speaker 5: SPONSI all there, we go KT to stream us.
Speaker 3: All up on the Lady Hot Diggity Damn.
Speaker 5: The Dallas Mavericks got the number one pick in the NBA Draft. This is the world famous Ben and Skin Show, Ben Rogers, Jeff skin Wad, Kevin Kat Turner, and Christina Little Baby corn Bread Ray all hands on deck today on a Tuesday to talk about the biggest news on the planet, and that is the Dallas Mavericks shocked the universe with a one point eight percent chance of getting the number one pick. They moved, They moved all the way up from eleven to number one, and in a draft and where there is absolutely an undisputable number one phenom talent Cooper flag, the Dallas Mavericks are gonna get him.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 2: It's so unbelievable and so far Fetch actually cried when it happened like that. When they turned that, I was in a loud place so I couldn't hear. And when they turned it over and it said san Antonio Spurs, I screamed, We'll tell you the whole story in a second, because it involves being on the phone with Ben and we're both in public places. And I screamed, and I and I had tears running down my face because I just felt like a giant weight was lifted off my chest. It was unbelievable, so far fetched and so crazy. That anybody can do is say it's a conspiracy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's so funny. You sent that text.
Speaker 4: Sir Roy had just gotten back and he's like, oh my god, oh my god, I can't believe that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what is everyone freaking out about? Because I totally forgot about the draft pick thing? And then I figured out oh, we got number one. That's cool, awesome.
Speaker 4: I had gone to support one of our fine franchises in the city of Arlington, who Texas Rangers.
Speaker 1: I liked to the Renegades and I met.
Speaker 4: I had even forgot, even though it was our last segment yesterday, that the draft lottery was happening, because I'm like, we're not going to get it. It's a two percent chance it's not gonna happen, so who cares, We'll figure it out later. So I find out going up because I've got a hot dog halfway down the mouth what and started choking. Then I had to get CPR administered to me in section one thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Let's let's do this.
Speaker 2: Let's let's tell the story in real time, okay, because we do our last segment and then we all go about our business.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: So I had I was going to the mission impossible early screening yes which, by the way, I freaking loved it.
Speaker 1: Now embargo, I can't review it. We'll be able to review it. You just reviewed it.
Speaker 5: Loved it, they told me I could say I loved it. I said, loved going to the screen. I loved the process of going to the theaters. It watched in that imax. Oh my god, it was incredible. But is Tom Cruise in it? Yep, still in it. Can't review it though, and so so anyways, I took my son Max, and so he was coming from the prosperous line of border. I was coming from six to thirty five in the toll way. So I basically drove north parked his car. He jumped in my car, and then we drove all the way to North Park Mall. We got there a little bit early, and we're like, dude, are you hungry? Let's go to the food court. So we hit that Chipotle and we're at the food court and he goes, he goes, you know the the Lottos is happening tonight.
Speaker 1: I go, yeah, I know. I don't even want to know about it now. I was so down and defeated.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I don't okay, great that I wanted the Mavericks to tank and they wouldn't tank, And I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, all right, they got the eleventh pick. Awesome. Did you ever? Did you have the Karl Havoc mask on food court? Just like had it on?
Speaker 5: My son goes go take that guy's tray, and I was like, what's that going to do for the greater goods? And so anyways, I'm like, this sucks, man, I don't even don't even look it up online.
Speaker 1: Let's just eat this meal and going And then my phone rings and it was skin yep, let me.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that you guys brought up Carl Havoc cause I went to dinner with my wife across the street from the Cinemark sixteen and Plano because we had tickets to go see Friendship Paul Rod Tim Robinson movie and so Paul Rod, your favorite gay porn star, Paul Rod, so Paul Rudd and Tim Robinson. And so we're sitting there at dinner and we'd finished up dinner and the place where at doesn't have a TV. But I wasn't even thinking about the lottery, and my homie text being goes, let's go get this number one pick. And I was like, oh crap, they're about to do the lottery. And I looked across the parking lot from sixty Vines and I saw Whiskey Cake. I was like, I know they got a TV in there. So I go, come on, honey, let's tab out. We're walking across the parking lot and my wife goes, I don't I'm just gonna sit.
Speaker 1: In the car.
Speaker 2: I go, that's fine, I'll text you. I walk in there, I walk right up to the bar and the bartender goes, oh, hey, you're the guy, the MAVs guy, right skin whatever, And I was like, yeah, yeah, hey man.
Speaker 1: And he had a guy.
Speaker 2: He was a guy that had worked at a Pluckers before. I had met him once before. And then there was another guy that was just sitting there drinking. He's like, oh, yeah, I've seen the MAVs. Actually my ex wife liked it better than I did. Nope, And so dark on the TV. They're getting ready to start, you know, showing the because the drawing happens and then they reveal it. And all they do is drawing for is the top four picks, and then everything else falls into line. So if you know what some of the the computations are, and you get to a certain point and a team's not there, you know they jumped somewhere in the top four. So I'm drinking a beer and the sound is not on. We're having casual conversation and I'm watching it and I see number eleven, the Portland trail Blazers, and I go.
Speaker 1: Holy yeah, we got a top four pick. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And so I'm in a bar area and now people are kind of prairie doging me, like what is that guy doing over there at the bar?
Speaker 1: What's this guy's deal? So I start pacing. I go, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, we got a top four pick. Oh my god, we got a top four pick. And they still have to go down the line. So I called my wife and the cry. I go, honey, they got a top four pick. She goes, good, what are you going to be coming out to the car?
Speaker 1: I go, no, no, no, you should come inside. Come inside.
Speaker 2: She goes, I'm not coming inside. I go, okay, I'll call you back. I was like, oh my god, who cares about this as much as I do? So I called Ben, I go, are you watching this right now or something like that?
Speaker 5: Are you aware of what's happening right now? And what did you say? I was like, no, what is happening right now? I said, the Mavericks got a top four pick.
Speaker 2: I was like, what, I go, do you Max? The Mavericks got a top four pick. The Mavericks got a top four pick? And I said, well, ware sick, is it? I said, yeah. I was like, where are we winning?
Speaker 1: How many?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: What? What pick do they have?
Speaker 5: And You're like, they're coming back from a break, yes, And I was like, do you mind if we stay on with you and you walk us through it?
Speaker 2: So I kept the phone on my on my ear as in real time, I'm watching the lottery at Whiskey Cake and I'm giving Ben play by play.
Speaker 5: And we are sitting in the food park in North Park Mall, okay, and then they go number four, the Charlotte Hornets. I go, oh my god, we got a top three pick. Ben where the top three? We're in the top three. I'm immediately like, we got a top three pick. And I can sense that people are quietly eating in the food court or whatever and are starting to be like what is happening?
Speaker 2: And then everyone at Whiskey Cake is now watching me, and I am frantically pacing back and forth. Number three, the Philadelphia seventy six ers.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're in the top two. We got a top two pick. We're in the top two. Whole food court looking at it, and then.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, if we don't get the top pick, Victor Wimbin Yama's pairing with Cooper flag.
Speaker 1: The league is over, like it's over.
Speaker 2: And then they turn the envelope and I see the Spurs logo and I swear to god, tears start coming down my face. I go, we got Cooper flag? And then Ben goes, what and then he hung up on me. Okay, so I didn't even know I hung up on him. I just was like in a state of shock and panic.
Speaker 5: I started screaming in the food court, and I like, I thought my son was I looked over at him and I thought it's gonna be so embarrassed because it was quiet. It was like being in a library, and it was so loud echoing throughout the walls of that huge open food court that I thought, oh no, they probably think there's something bad's happening.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: Public.
Speaker 5: But people are and the whole place is wildly looking at me at crazy and they're just like, what on earth is happening?
Speaker 1: Except one other table goes what we got covered flag?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, yeah, I'm yelling across the whole booker we got we got the number one pick. The It's kind of I guess it's like the scene and when Harry met Sally where the lady's like, I'll have what he's having over there, because I mean, I'm freaking out, Like I am freaking out. And then we got to go see the movie, right, and so I was just getting ready to leave, and the bartender goes, I'll never forget the time skin Wade randomly walked into Whiskey Cake and we won the lottery. Yeah, And then I go out to my car and I tell my wife and she's looking at me. She goes, well, I'm happy for you, and I'm freaking out. We drive to the movie theater, go up to get our tickets. A guy walks up and just hugs me. I've never seen him my life. He goes, I can't believe this just happened. I go inside three other random people. We all hug Like I that sound Weezer covered toes, I'm hugging people at the movie theater that I've never met before.
Speaker 1: Because we're back. Because we're back, We're back. Okay, we'll talk about.
Speaker 5: What it means. Don't go anywhere. In just over three minutes, let's pick this story up. The MAVs are getting Cooper flag. We'll discuss in just over three minutes. Don't go anywhere