Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, tam cayse.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and a happy Sunday afternoon till you welcome into Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: Hope you're doing well.
Speaker 2: You're Los Angeles Dodgers first place atop the NLS sixty eight and forty nine. They're lead the division two and a half games over the San Diego Padres after dropping two or three to the Phillies to start the homestand the Dodgers are now one went away from the sweep of the Buckos. Today the final game of the series against the Pittsburgh Pirates, final game of this homestand it's also Matt Kemp Day out at Dodgers Stadium as he is retiring as a Dodger, his bobblehead.
Speaker 3: Being given out this afternoon as well.
Speaker 2: On the mound, it's Tyler Glass now going for the Dodgers first pitch coming up at one ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck. We're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Batsay is going to go one on one with Matt Kemp that's coming up. In about forty five minutes, we'll check in with the Dodgers magical moment. Shortly we'll hear from Kirsten Watson, who was down on the field in a very lively Dodger Stadium on this Sunday afternoon. And in just a few minutes we'll check in with Tim Nefertt and Rick Monday out the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well, last night at the Ravine, the Dodgers honor where of their legendary owners and Walter O'Malley into the Ring of honor. Then they went out and beat one of the young best pitchers in the game. Today, River Ryan got the start for the Dodgers. The right hander went toe to toe with Paul Skeins, the number one overall pick in the Baseball Draft a year ago, the starting pitcher for the National League in the All Star Game this year. River Ryan four and two third shutout innings. He struck out four along the way before he had to exit the game with an arm injury. More on that coming up. Paul Skeins, mister one hundred mile an hour fastball himself. He was on the mound for the Pirates and the Dodgers were able to get to him. In the first Gavin Lux with an RBI doubled the center score in Taoscar, Hernandez and the Dodgers led one to nothing.
Speaker 3: Then the third, Lucks was at it again.
Speaker 4: Runners lead second and third, two down, one nothing. Dodgers pitched on the way to Lucks.
Speaker 5: He swings, structs it at the right failer base. Here here comes, I'm in the score. Round third is Taoscar.
Speaker 6: He will score standing and Gavin Lucks has driven in all three Dodger runs.
Speaker 5: Tonight it's three.
Speaker 4: Nothing Los Angeles.
Speaker 5: Gavin Lucks with a.
Speaker 7: Two out, two runs single.
Speaker 2: Gavin Lucks with his second and third RBIs of the night. That's the top tier play the game sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less Dodgers of three to nothing, River Ryan. He exited the game in the top half of the fifth inning right forearm tightness MRI. Today He's gonna get more exams tomorrow. Never good for a pitcher. Fingers crossed. We'll see what happens. He's been placed on the injured list, though Landon Neck has been recalled. Meanwhile, last night, in the blot of the fifth inning, the Dodgers up three to nothing when tay Oscar Hernandez added to the lead.
Speaker 4: Next off for too ti Oscar Hernandez is driven high.
Speaker 8: And deep to right center way back in gone. Ti Oscar Hernandez with home run number twenty six and the Dodgers lead at for nothing. Huh sinker right down the middle and ta Oscar had it right in the Dos hold.
Speaker 5: He didn't miss it and he hits a solo homer.
Speaker 2: He is three for three in the ball game, twenty six hull run of this season for ta Oscar.
Speaker 3: What a season he is having. Dodgers up four to nothing.
Speaker 2: With River Ryan out of the game, the bullpen came in for the final four to third innings Vestia, Phillips, Grove Copec. They all put up zero's. Daniel Hudson got the ninth inning. He gave a solo home run, but that was it. Dodgers hoping for the shutout. They'll take the four to nothing or for to one win over the Pirates. Michael Kopek gets the winning relieve Gavin Lux and Taoscar Hernandez combined for five of the dodgers eight hits, and they drove in all four of the Dodgers' runs. Dodgers now sixty eight to forty nine on the season, first place atop the NL West, with just a two and a half game lead in the division going into play today, Tyler Glass now on the mountain of the series finale. Dodgers looking to get the Pirates to walk the plank in the series finale. First pitch coming up in one ten and with more, Let's head out to the Gavin Motors broadcast booth a way say good afternoon to Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday guys.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Tim sunsplashed Sunday afternoon here at Dodgers Stadium as the Dodgers and Pirates wrap up this three game set, Dodgers have a chance to go for a three game sweep. They now lead the season series three wins to two, and the Dodgers start the day sixty eight and forty nine, two and a half up on the Padres, winners of five of their last seven ball games. Meantime, the Pirates fifty six and sixty they've lost six straight that matches a season high and They've lost eight of their last nine games. Bailey Falter will pitch for the Pirates. He is five and seven, and Tyler glasnow going for the Dodgers. The former Pirate is nine and six with a three to five to four ERA. Last night, Rick, the Dodgers won a four to one game. They had all the runs they needed by the third inning and River Ryan outdueled Paul's Skeins until Ryan had to leave the game with forearm titaness.
Speaker 9: Yeah, going to undergo an MRI and primarily already has I understand it was slated for this morning sometime, and that's never good news when you get a pitcher with four armed tightness. But hoping for the best on that end of it. The Dodgers quite frankly played another dimension in the last night's bowl game. That was the defense. They were three sparkling defensive plays that were turned in to really kind of help that pitching. So the Dodgers had to go to the well again five different relievers before Daniel Hudson came in and closed it out in the night. Then he did give up a home run, but Dodgers had a pretty good lead at that particular time. Little different lineup today because Dave Roberts going with a more right handed hitting lineup, So it's going to be I'm at Rosario start at the second base position, Miguel Rohas it's short stout, and Andy pie Has will be in right field. Kevin Kiermeyer, who made just a circus catch yesterday in centerfield again, will be in center and Hill bat in the number nine spot.
Speaker 4: Kermeyer with a hitting the ball game, great defensive play, it's going to be hard to get him out of the lineup today.
Speaker 9: Well, it's a breath of fresh air when you see the balls hit into the center field area. We've talked about Kermeer. I mean he has gold gloves. He has a platinum glove on top of it as well, and he just absolutely he's one of those guys you use the term he is a ball hawk. He goes after the and he comes up with a lot of big, big catches.
Speaker 4: The offensive star for the Dodgers lately has been ta Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 7: He's got an eight game hitting streak going.
Speaker 4: During that time, he's said a four point thirty seven with four home runs and seven runs bat and he scored twelve runs during the eight game streak, and he really has turned things on offensively. We've seen it go up and down a little bit, up and down a little bit, but the home run derby champion getting it done for the Dodgers, and the.
Speaker 9: Dodgers are getting it done, and they have to get it done. You mentioned also the Dodgers two and a half in front of San Diego and Andresa won seven in a row. Now Arizona they were winners again yesterday, so three and a half. So this is this is one of those areas the Dodgers do not have an easy task. They're going to go to Milwaukee tonight after the ballgame, four game series against the Brewers, then on to Saint Louis and the Cardinals trying to catch fire, do something. They've been floundering in that Central Division. So the Dodgers know they have a race on their hand. That convenient lead that they had in the West now just down to two and a half games.
Speaker 4: It's a big weekend for the Dodge organization, alumni weekend, and today Matt Kemp.
Speaker 7: Is being honored. What do you remember about the former outfielder.
Speaker 9: One thing about it. He had a lot of different dimensions. First of all gold glove, winter and center field. He had a big presence offensively. He could run the bases also early in his career. And just talking with Matt yesterday, he was full of smiles and I think overwhelmed at exactly what's going to happen today, you know, with the his family is here and this is a this is a home for from Matt Kemp. He thought so much of it, he requested and the Dodgers are saying, hey, yes, we want to do it. He's signing a one day contract with the Dodgers, so we can say I retired officially with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Meaningful, meaningful to a lot.
Speaker 9: Of us, and it means a lot to him and his family.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and pirates. Dodgers looking for a three game sweep. Tonner Glass now makes his second career start against his former team, and he will be opposed by left hander Bailey Falter.
Speaker 7: Lineups, first pitch, not too far away.
Speaker 3: Tim, All right, as we tell you, down to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodgers fans, get your game day meal on it Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and mojos right now at Shaky's dot Com coming up here on wrong because you know, Dodgers on Deck. We're gonna hear from the manager Dave roberts Well, check in with David Vass Say he's gonna go one on one with Matt Kemp. Yes, the man of the day who is retiring as a Dodger, Matt Kemp bobblehead Day today out at the Ravine. It's all about Matt Kemp today. It's alumni weekend, but Matt Kemp Day. We'll break down this pitching matchup as well. Tyler Glass now on the mound looking for his tenth win of the season. Got a lot to get to.
Speaker 3: What up next?
Speaker 2: Your O Tani rewind and we'll check in with Kirsten Watson who is down the field at a very excited Dodgers Stadium. Rightfully, so big day, big game for the Dodgers. Were leading you up to Dodgers Empirates first pitch of one ten. Thanks for being with us on this Sunday afternoon. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network is Loronzo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Pirates.
Speaker 2: On this Sunday afternoon, Dodgers are wrapping up this homestand and it's off to Milwaukee as the Dodgers started a road trip through the Midwest. They'll go to Milwaukee for for Saint Louis for three before returning home for a long nine game homestand at the end of August, Dodgers a two and a half game lead in the division going into play to today, Dodgers looking to get the sweep over the Pittsburgh Pirates after two thrilling wins in the series so far. Tyler Glass now on the mountain. Bailey Falter, left hander out of Southern California, the Ie will go for the Pirates first pitch of the series finale, coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewy.
Speaker 2: Well showy Otani last night oh for three with a walk he got on base, still about even three hundred on the season, and remember shoey Otani is still thirty five home runs, a career high thirty two stolen bases. He is projected and on pace to get to forty forty on the season, and hopefully he can get to that point Otani rewind brought to you by eToy Inn's Ocha, Japan's number one green tea yep and the tea that showey Otani loves and drinks. It's good available you lookal Dilo stores, Amazon and etoin dot Com.
Speaker 3: That's it O e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston now joins us before this series finale against the Pirates, Big weekend, a Dodger stated, with all the alumni and the festivities from Dusty Baker to Walter O'Malley last night going into the Ring of honor, and today Matt Camp officially retires as a Dodger.
Speaker 10: He is, and he signed a one day contract to do that to make it official, and he is even teasing with the with Sedia after saying, hey, we sign that one day contract. You might need to get in there for an at bat, might have to ask what about there. Ultimately, this is a special day to retire as a Dodger. I have both Matt Kemp's career pastor corfisation. So this is wrapping up what's been an incredibly exciting alumni weekending. We have been seeing truly legends of different generations here at Dodger stad and this weekend, so that's been something I think so special for all the Dodgers stands that have been ended up escape to witness good watching beach and getting a little kicked up with them of their favorite players and the reasons they became Dodger fans. So uh, it's been It's been definitely an alumni weekend for the books. He's so many different guys here. But yeah, today we're gonna wrap it up with that kids Day and.
Speaker 3: I think that'll be a fun one for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Last night, River Ryan leaves early with forearm Titanus. Now he goes officially on the injure list. Landon Neck gets recalled and Dave Roberts saying that it's going to be it for River Ryan this season.
Speaker 3: What's the impact of that injury?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so Dave Roberts said today that it is an elbow injury. So what that means next, I mean that they don't have the exact depth that's gonna be a surgury with that, they don't have those answerships yet, But the fact that it's an elbow injury, that means that the States the last night it's looking likely it's going to be out for their major belief and then berms that so Land and next they recalled. That's the immediate reaction. But definitely he was having a fantastic seas and fantastic definite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, Kirsty, we appreciate it.
Speaker 9: We'll let you go.
Speaker 2: It's a big day of festivities at a Dodger Stadium. Dodgers fan and handshare listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelino's Lacare dot org.
Speaker 3: Still to come here.
Speaker 2: On Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into today's pitching matchup. David Vasse goes one on one with the man of the day, Matt Camp. Yes, we're signing a one day deal with the Dodgers. He is retiring as a Dodger, as he should. We'll hear from Matt Kemp coming up at about thirty five minutes. But up next we'll get you more of an injury report. Yeah, River Ryan going on the il landonnat gets called up from Triple A Oklahoma City. Plus we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, leading you up to Dodgers and Pirates on this Sunday first pitch at one ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates. This is Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Never this is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Brog Go Casino Dodgers on deck continues.
Speaker 3: On this Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 2: If you leave, you up to first pitch in Dodger Stadium, Dodgers and Pirates, final game of this three game series, Barrago Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam for good times. Tyler Glass now on the mountain, first pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. River Ryan placed on the iel this morning with right form tightness landed neck gets recalled from chiple A, Oklahoma City. Just heartbreaking for River Ryan, who last night had to come out of the game in the fifth ana with that right forarm tightness. Had an MRI this morning. More exams on the elbow coming up later on today and tomorrow. But Dave Roberts, who are going to hear from in just a few minutes, alluding to the fact that he has done for this season. Bruce dark graderol, Well, he is back after that hamstring injury.
Speaker 3: That is certainly good news for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Well back on the IL because he suffered it during this last series against the Phillies. Blake trin it on the IL with the left hip discomfort, Chris Taylor on the IL, but going through baseball activities today. Mooie Bett's going to be back with the Dodgers as they start this road trip in Milwaukee. Yoshinoba Yamamoto is throwing bullpen sessions and going to joined the Dodgers on this road trip to throw a sim game. Walker Bueler expected to join the Dodgers on this next road trip and Max Munsey Ryan Brasier both expected to help this Dodgers team on the next Homestand so the Dodgers starting to get healthy.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing, all right.
Speaker 2: Let's go back out to the Dodgers Stadium and check out the Dodgers skbber.
Speaker 5: Dave, do you think a questions for Dave?
Speaker 11: Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you just describe Dave can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 5: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 7: What's the latest way River Ryan?
Speaker 12: So it's uh, he went through the MRI process and it was it was something. Obviously it's elbow. I don't know the exact diagnosis, but his season is going to be over, and I think that they're waiting on some other scans to figure out the exact course of action. But you know, obviously right now, what I can say is that the season is going to be over.
Speaker 7: I'm john blame for that.
Speaker 5: I'm sure that I play.
Speaker 12: I don't want to get too far down that road yet until we have all the information, like a fligament.
Speaker 7: Thing in the elbow, then are they able to at least get that far with MRI.
Speaker 5: You know what I I I didn't.
Speaker 12: I talked to River briefly, and so I haven't had a chance to talk to the medical staff. So this is me and River talking. So I don't want to get too far down line, and I'll have more information later. So that's kind of where we're at all right.
Speaker 2: There's Dave Roberts, so not a lot known yet, but certainly we do know that he has done for the season. The extent of the elbow injury to River Ryan. Let's hope that is not as serious as maybe we think it could be. All Right, Dave, Dave Roberts down the dugout brought to you by Service Titan. Yeah, he's a tight in his own right. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one too for your growing contracting business. Let's Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at service Titan dot com. All right, we can tinue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with David Vezz he'll go one on one with Matt Kemp. That's coming up in about twenty five minutes. But we'll check out with DV next as we lead jump to Dodgers and Pirates. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue All Season.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers and the Pirates. Tyler glassnow and Bailey Falter. The pitching matchup. We'll not deeper into the numbers coming up in just a little bit. First pitch at one ten. This umpiring crew for today's game brought to you by Fred Loya Insurance celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family. Coming up will also get you the keys to the game with Tim and Rick. We're gonna hear for Matt Kemp that's coming up in fifteen.
Speaker 1: Minutes, joining Tim kits on Dodgers on Deech. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 5: Oh DV.
Speaker 2: What a week and it's been out at Dodger Stadium from Dusty Baker on Friday, Walter O'Malley last night and today Matt Kemp Day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's really fun to have Matt back here.
Speaker 13: He was here yesterday and today he held a press conference and he was the same Matt Camp that we knew when he played for the Dodgers, but certainly a more reflective Matt Camp. And he is signing a one day contract and officially retiring as a Dodger. That's the reason why there's a pregame ceremony and they're calling it Matt Kemp Day because he has not filed the official paperwork to be retired, and he is going to do what other players have done when they played the majority of their careers with one organization, comebacks on a one day contract and officially put it in the books as a Dodger.
Speaker 2: David has driven by four. If there's one thing we like, it's choices, find yours. With the four F one to fifteenth, they got gas hybrid, all electric toughness. March can only be called f one to fifty injury wise. Tough to see what happened to River Ryan last night. Everybody else though on this Dodgers roster starting to trickle back, including Tommy Edmond and Max Munsey was the latest yeah.
Speaker 13: Yesterday for Oklahoma City, Max Munsey and Tommy Edmund played their first rehab games while the Dodgers go out on a seven game road trip. Those two will play for Oklahoma City this upcoming week and are expected to rejoin the Dodgers when they return home for the next part of their home schedules. So those two guys are definitely on the way back, and Dave Roberts has said that going back a week, it's not breaking news to know that Max Munsey and Tommy Edmund are coming back when the Dodgers return home.
Speaker 5: Hey, here's my number one guy in the booth again.
Speaker 13: Oral Hersheizer, Oh man, he doesn't have his sport code on today.
Speaker 5: He just asks sports in at La Polo.
Speaker 11: I miss you and I love you.
Speaker 9: But I know there's lots of number one guys.
Speaker 5: Oh master of.
Speaker 13: The house, Oral Hersheiser the best right there. So a really great weekend here at Dodgers Stadium. And like I said, Tommy, Edmund and Munsi will be here when the Dodgers returned.
Speaker 2: Glad to see that Oral made his way down and found the field last night DV on that pregame second Gavin Lucks David, He's had a really huge impact on this team since the All Star.
Speaker 13: Break more ways than one tim without Gavin Lux hitting the way he has been since the break to eighty three, Mookie Betts probably does not go back to right field because the Dodgers were looking at second base the first half of the season and thinking, all right, if it's not shortstop for Mookie, it may be second base.
Speaker 5: And there was even some question whether or not Gavin.
Speaker 13: Lux would be on the roster by the time the trade deadline came and went well. He made a statement coming out of the All Star break, and that affords the Dodgers the luxury to have Mookie Bets play right field, Miguel Rojas play shortstop, and Gavin Lucks keep that second base job. And also think about this when Munsey and Edmund returns. Mookie's coming back tomorrow. All of a sudden, the bottom third of the Dodger order looks a lot different than what it did when they were fully healthy in May.
Speaker 5: And a big reason why is the way lux is swinging the bat. Last night.
Speaker 13: I'm not sure if people realize this. He was the cleanup hitter for the first time in his career.
Speaker 2: That was pretty unbelievable. He had a great job at the plate last night in great postgame interview with you DV last night, and that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You're welcome, all right, coming up here on Moroco Casino my number one guy now, all right, he appreciate that.
Speaker 11: DV.
Speaker 2: Coming up, we're gonna hear from the man of the day, Matt Camp. That's in fifteen minutes. We'll dip deeper into this pitchy matchup. But up next, you Dodgers a magical moment. Thanks for being with us on this hot Sunday afternoon. Dodgers looking to finish this homestand on a winning note. Dodgers Pirates first pitch of one ten. I'm Tim Kason's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio No.
Speaker 11: One.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes' is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Pirates. Tyler Glass now Bailey Falter. The pitching matchup on Matt kemp Day. He's going to sign a one day contract with the Dodgers, retire back home with the Blue Or. He was a Dodger outfielder from two thousand and six twenty fourteen, and then again in two thousand and eighteen.
Speaker 3: A pregame ceremony on the field coming up in just a little bit. First pitch set for one ten.
Speaker 5: I thought it had about name with about Who's that.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Magical presented by Hawby Hot Jobs.
Speaker 2: We go back to May thirty first, twenty fourteen, just over ten years ago, out of Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers taken on the Pirates.
Speaker 3: Dodgers one big thanks to Hanley Ramirez.
Speaker 6: At eleven to two. Ramie is with a fly ball to center field. That one's way back and that one is gone. What a day for Handley Ramirez. He's four for four, five runs, batted in, two home runs. The Dodgers lead by ten.
Speaker 5: It's twelve to two.
Speaker 2: Hammy Ramirez goes four for four, two home runs, five RBI in the game, Dodgers winning twelve to two over the Pirates.
Speaker 3: It is Matt Kemp Day. Matt Kemp.
Speaker 2: What did he doing left field that day against the Pirates and a ten run win? Well, he went two for four with two RBIs his Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hofey Hot Dogs. He so cal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Hoffey hont Dogs. And we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back you out. Rick Monday lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Pirates.
Speaker 3: IM Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino. Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Pirates.
Speaker 2: Tyler Glass now on the mount of the series finale, Dodgers going for the sweep on Matt Kemp Day to wrap up Alumni weekend, Matt Kemp signing a one day deal with the Dodgers and returning to LA to retire. It's the Blue Dodgers fans. Start your future at California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big stuff. Classes can fill.
Speaker 3: Up quickly, so en rule today and I can go to college dot com and now.
Speaker 1: Joined by David Massey, here's LA Dodgers broadcast there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 13: It's Sunday with Monday, Rick Monday on getaway day for the Dodgers after a very special afternoon at Dodgers Stadium yesterday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it would be. You must be going through a withdrawal because andre Ethie is not here yet. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, you're my number one guy right now, only.
Speaker 9: Because the other guys have left. Let's be very very honest with you, because you know, my spies tell me a whole lot of things. First of all, andre Ethier stayed with you postgame Dodger Talk.
Speaker 13: Correct, He actually stayed in the social media room waiting for a ride home.
Speaker 9: Well yeah, yeah, well that's understandable. Didn't want to be with you. However, you guys went out. You broke bread. I mean, it's one of those things. I also learned something else last night while I was driving rock as I dropped by the store before I went back downtown and listening to postgame Dodger talk, I learned a lot about you too when you're also moonlighting. When you left early in Oakland to catch the bart to get to the airport. What was the general's name, Sergio Sergio? Who is a San Francisco cable car guy?
Speaker 5: Correct, you Dodger fan running a cable car.
Speaker 9: You had to go all the way up there to find somebody that really liked you, right.
Speaker 5: Hey, Rick, anytime you want to ride on the trolley, let me know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, ding ding.
Speaker 13: But for you personally, Rick, I know you had a tight bond with Dusty Baker and your teammates. It must have been somewhat of a cool reunion to be around them.
Speaker 9: He actually let out some of the secrets that we had some yeah, a couple of different things. Because I never said that. We started to list different things, nicknames. I mean, this is a game of nicknames. You're around one another all the time. Orle is looking at it. He's going to come in now and do that only today, only today, or well, obviously Andre Ethier is not here, so David is saying today, I'm the number one guy. If you come in though, you can become the number one guy and I'll be the one.
Speaker 5: A Hey, here comes my number one guy. Orl Hershei. Oh my gosh, you.
Speaker 3: Can't count past one. You only know one in the alphabet. So who's your one?
Speaker 13: Abcde I got a lot of love for everybody.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, you're the best. What a busy weekend for you and amazing for MO and I to get to see all our old friends.
Speaker 13: Well for me and everybody else. You guys were our heroes and we got to see all our heroes. And I think that's a special for all of us.
Speaker 9: You know, but it's the same way as it. ORL, you're gonna go to.
Speaker 5: Hey, Rick, you're my number one guy.
Speaker 9: Now, don't tell me because Orl's leaving. He's leaving the room. Yeah, I have a good one. Oh yeah, see see how fickle you are. But no, it was, and my thanks also to the Dodgers, I mean to stand cast and Elon of Rosen in particular with getting everybody together. You know, that's a monumental thing to do. It sounds easy. Hey, we're gonna have forty guys in Okay, Well fine, some of them have to come in from out of state. And then the hotel and the transportation and the meals. And it was a lovely, lovely, I think gesture by the Dodgers to bring in people that had something to do with the history of this organization. That's why the history is so fruitful. When you look at it. You don't walk into a store and by tradition. Yesterday was about tradition. It was about accomplishments year in and year out, with dedication and a chance for some guys to come back. This was the home to a lot of us. I mean, we were here maybe during the season more than we were with our families during the regular season. In particular, when you're traveling on the road, which the Dodgers will leave today and go to Milwaukee for four, Saint Louis for three and then come back home, you're around your teammates and your coaches, so much. Did it's second nature to go Hey, it's almost you can call the ballpark home.
Speaker 13: Yeah, no doubt, Rick, you're one of those guys. Thanks a lot for sharing that with us. And back in Milwaukee tomorrow we'll get down to business again.
Speaker 9: Yes, so I dropped the number two tomorrow huh Yeah, Bernie the Brewer is going to be number one for you. Yeah, you're getting on me. Stay off the slide in Milwaukee.
Speaker 13: Thanks for the advice, Rick, veteran presence right there. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you Mo.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball's brought you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more Speedy Cash dot Commerce stopping in LA area Speedy Cash Store. Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick and Tim will be back with the keys to the game right before first pitch. But up next, that's the man of the hour, Matt Kemp. Go ahead, high and tight, with the former Dodger signing a one year deal, one day deal with the Dodgers today to return back home and retire in Blue. That's next as we lead you up to Dodgers Empirates first pitch at one ten. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Empirates wrapping up this three game series, Dodgers going for the sweep. As the Dodgers wrap up this homestand first pitch coming up at one ten, Todgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. Well, you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles, right number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at c h LA dot org.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vassy fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment, is high end.
Speaker 13: Tugged Well, it's officially Matt Camp Day to but it was Matt Camp Day every time twenty seven was in the starting lineup. And Matt Kemp is back home here at Dodgers Stadium being celebrated.
Speaker 5: Man, Matt.
Speaker 13: Great to have you back and so happy the Dodgers are recognizing a great career.
Speaker 11: I'm happy to be back.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 11: It's a special moment for me and my family. And to be able to come back where it all started. This is really excited. I can't, you know, wait to get out there and see everybody.
Speaker 13: What was your reaction when you found out the Dodgers wanted to have a Matt Kemp Day.
Speaker 11: I mean I was I was surprised. You know, Lon had been coming to me with it for a little while and I was like, go ahead and and scheduling. I kind of had put my I guess I guess you could say my retirement a hole for a while, but I officially did it, and Lone was like, now it's time to do this. So to be able to come back and see all this and see all these Familion faces, it's exciting. Yeah.
Speaker 13: So many people giving Matt Camp a lot of love here. I mean, it's not just former teammates, it's not just workers here. It's media that Matt Camp is loving to see. I guess that's one thing that players always talk about. You miss the people.
Speaker 11: Yeah, absolutely, from the janitors to the to the elevator people. You know, they're all part of the team, They're all part of the family. And when you come back, you see familiar faces. It's always good to see everybody. Everybody loves working here, working at Dodger Stadium and seeing and being around all the players. And you know, most of the people that work here, they've worked here for.
Speaker 5: A long long time, so.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they're they're consistent, and they're part of this winning process that goes on here in LA.
Speaker 13: When you were playing, I always remembered how much don Nucombe meant to you. You would always go over there and talk to him during batting practice. Now that you're a retired Dodger and having Matt Kemp day, do you feel the need to pay it forward?
Speaker 11: Oh? Absolutely? You know today, you know, I was sitting next to Steve at a yager during a lunch and I was like, is this what it feels like to officially be old? And he was like, yeah, this is how it is. Don't get no better than this, And I was like, you know, I'm one of those guys now, So I definitely needed wanting to pay it forward and just offering whatever help I can.
Speaker 13: Your partner in crime, Andre Ethier was here this weekend. What was it like seeing him again?
Speaker 11: It's always good seeing him you know, that's that's my guy. We came up together. And to be able to see it's just a lot a lot of good guys, a lot of good Jerry Turner my guy.
Speaker 5: He looks the same. Unfortunately, Yeah, it.
Speaker 11: Looks just as beautiful as ever. No, it's just just this is this is home. So to just come back here, it's been a while to come back and see everybody that's still here, it's amazing.
Speaker 13: I know everybody talks about Matt Kemp's twenty eleven, but I remember when you first broke in, and I remember how special two thousand and eight was for all you guys, especially when Manny Ramirez came here to take you under your wing, under his wing.
Speaker 5: What was those two seasons like eight and o nine for you?
Speaker 11: Definitely special. You know, it paved a way for me to become a better hitter. He's man, he's one of the top right hand hitters of all times. And what better to learn from than a guy like him. Learned a lot from him, and even to this day, you know, with you know, family, friends and people that I know in baseball, A lot of the things he teaches me, I kind of pay it forward to some of these younger guys, and it's crazy, you know, the younger guy. A lot of younger guys don't even know who many Ramires is, but then they go google him and they're like, oh, this dude was bad dude, So it's just surprised. It's shocking to to to to see, you know, guys not know who he is, but you know, I kind of remind him of how good he was, and it's just cool to give them that little nugget of information.
Speaker 13: What's it like coming back here because a lot of the current Dodgers were your teammates as well. Some of them are you know, ten year service time now, like Miguel Rojas and key Y Hernandez.
Speaker 11: Man, it's crazy, man, that means I'm officially old. That means I'm old.
Speaker 5: I think you could take right field tonight.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and pull a hammy. No, it's just good to see those guys flourish and uh, when I was here, you know, they were still not necessarily starting out, but they were still in the middle kind of beginning middle of their career and now they're vets on the team. So it's cool to they're still you know in the big leagues. That means that says a lot. And uh, they're playing really well.
Speaker 13: Do you keep tabs on the Dodgers from Texas or Oklahoma?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Absolutely, I got. I got the alert on my you know, MLB network thing on my phone, the app, so I always know what's going on. You get to set your your Uh you know. I got pretty much all the guys that I'm close to as alerts when they do something good, so I'm always seeing all the good and the bad and and everything. It's baseball.
Speaker 5: You still still got the ear for the right music.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I always have that. I just music's different now, so I kind of like stick to the the older the older music. I guess that's what your card generation. Oh yeah, I guess our generation. I'm not that old, but I'm old.
Speaker 5: No, you're not.
Speaker 13: You still got a great smile, and it's great that Dodgers have brought you back to have Matt Kemp Day and certainly just enjoy it because you earned it.
Speaker 11: I'll try, man, I'll try my best. I'll try not to cry.
Speaker 5: I got money on one tier.
Speaker 11: At least that's why I got. You got glasses for that. You got glasses, So I'm good.
Speaker 5: Hey, miss you, and it's great having you back here.
Speaker 11: I miss you too.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 11: Your style is getting a lot better.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 11: I'm proud of you.
Speaker 13: Hey, you finally cracked through all the advice. He made me smell good when you played, and now I'm trying to look good.
Speaker 11: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 9: Baby.
Speaker 5: We'll send it back to you in the studio, all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot of DV. Great to hear from matd Camps. He's honored.
Speaker 2: Today Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parmer, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers' audio broadcast. But it's a game day, it's a group day and Shaky's dot Com lean you up to first pitch Dodgers and Pirates.
Speaker 3: I'm next.
Speaker 2: We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll go anywhere. I'm Tim Kase's Lost Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Pirates on this Sunday afternoon, Dodgers looking for the three games sweep. What a weekend out of Dodger Stadium for alumni weekend, Dusty Baker being honored into the Legends of Dodgers Baseball on Friday night, Walter O'Malley honored into the Ring of Honored last night, and Matt Kemp today ten years in the Dodgers uniform, officially retiring as a Dodger, signing a one day contract to retire in Dodger Blue.
Speaker 3: Ten years with the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: How about that twenty eleven season where he was a thirty to thirty hitter.
Speaker 3: He hit three twenty four on the year.
Speaker 2: He was an All Star, a Gold Glove winner, a Silver Slugger winner, and finished second to Ryan Brown, who stole an MVP in the National League from Matt Camp. What an awesome twenty eleven he had in a Dodger uniform. All right, let's I'm deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: President, about your Southern California Toyota Dealer's turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality. And on All New twenty twenty four Tacoma, see your Toyota Dealer today they make it easy. Baylor Bailey Falter on the mound for Pittsburgh. Twenty seven year old left hander. Fifteenth round pick of the Phillies in twenty fifteen out of Bloomington High School, out in the IE fourth season of the Big Leagues, made his debut in twenty twenty two with the Phillies. Traded to the Pirates last year. Making his twentieth start this year. He's five and seven with a three eighty seven er ray. He missed three weeks in July with triceps soreness. Last time out only two innings through twenty pitches in a game that was shortened by rain delay. He couldn't go back after the delay. He's making his third career appearance, second start against the Dodgers. He allowed five runs on eight hits and four innings while losing a game at PNC Park in June. He also tossed three scoreless innings of relief as a member of the Phillies at Dodgers Stadium back in twenty twenty one. Tyler Glass now on the mound for the Dodgers, nine and six of the three fifty four array. Thirty year old right hander making his twenty second start of the season. Last time out, six innings, three runs, five hits, nine strikeouts on a win over the Phillies.
Speaker 3: Remember he came up with the Pirates. That's who he was drafted by out of Hart High School. He was then traded to the Rays. Time at the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: This year after being traded to the Dodgers and signed that extension, he's third in baseball and batting average against third of the majors and a whip and sixth in strikeouts with one hundred and sixty four. Yo tanih pitching matchup is brought to you by eto In's Oyocha. Yeah, Tyler Glass now Bailey faltered the pitching matchup today.
Speaker 3: Etoyans Oyocha, Japan's number one Green Sea, the tea that show Hey Otani loves and drinks. They'll be back on the mound next year for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Availabley your local DISO stores, Amazon and eto in dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it O E N dot com.
Speaker 9: Leave you have the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Pirates. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game our next I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers antek on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Firates wrapping up this three game set. Dodgers going for the sweep in this homesten Tyler glass Now on the mount looking for his tenth win of the season. Dodgers fans and Hatcher listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelino's Lacare dot Org. All right, back out to the booth, Tim Neverrick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 4: Left hander Bailey Falter goes for the Pirates this afternoon, iven seven and a three eight seven ERA. It'll be his second career start against the Dodgers. Tyler Glasnow, who was drafted and brought up by the Pirates nine and six, three point fifty four his ERA, second career start, second start this year against his former club. Glass Now looking for his tenth win.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and he picked up the first victories he's had since June twenty second. That was last Monday against the Phillies. Six innings, only three runs on just five hits. Did not walk about her in nine strikeouts. And meanwhile for Bailey Fault. He took the loss in Pittsburgh against the Dodgers, and he went just four innings, five runs on eight hits, a couple of home runs. Also one thing about Falter, he likes to pitch inside into right handed batters. He will elevate the fastball and what you expand to strike zone.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Pirates, Tyler glasnow against Bailey Falter.
Speaker 7: It's the final game of the three game set. Dodgers going for the sweep.
Speaker 3: Tim Dodgers going for this sweep.
Speaker 2: Dodgers a two and a half game lead in the division over the Padres going into this one. The Padres in Miami, Marlins lead in seven to six over the Padres top half of the eighth inning, but don't count the Padres.
Speaker 3: They've been red hot ass of the lace. We'll keep an eye on that.
Speaker 2: I'll be back to the post game festivities, highlights, reaction, and of course Dodger talk as well when this one is over. Enjoy this one, Dodgers and Pirates. It's Matt kemp Day. I'm Tim Kaatese's meen Morocco Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network