Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Rockies from Salt River Field, and we're joined right now by one of my favorite people. And it's tremendous that he is back in the Dodger organization. He has joined the Dodgers Spanish radio booth and he's been all over spring training, the one and only Luis Cochito, Cruz Cochito. Great to see you, great to have you back.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, David.
Speaker 3: I'm really happy to be back, and you know, especially right now where the team he's loaded and now we have one of the best teams in the league. And I'm really happy. I mean, seeing those guys again, like I play. I got to play against Freddy, I got to play against Showhy, and seeing all the front office again. I mean they always were nice to me. I'm really happy to be back with the team. In different situation now from the radio boot, but I'm very happy.
Speaker 1: Well, we all know about Freddie and show Hey and Mookie. Similar to when you joined the Dodgers in twenty thirteen, they had the stars, Matt Kemp, Adrian Gonzalez, Clayton Kersh, the list.
Speaker 2: Went on and on.
Speaker 1: Even when you joined the Dodgers. What about guys that are in your position that need to prove themselves. Can they do that with so many stars?
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean I was always in that situation when I was coming up to the big leagues, and I can I'm seeing that from a lot of guys like Both. He's doing a really good he's putting some good swings on it, and all those guys, I mean both signed a couple of weeks ago and he's swinging good. So here hope he's also doing a really good job. And I would would like to see those guys have success because we know, I mean, I know what it like, what it takes to get to spring training and look for the spot, you know, look for a roster spot. So what do you what we're trying to do as a young player, or what they're trying to do is do their best so so the managers can see what I can bring to the table and maybe if he's not now, maybe later in the season they can bring him up.
Speaker 1: What has impressed you the moment about watching the Dodgers championship run last year and there and the way they've started spring training.
Speaker 3: What I I mean, what I impresses me the most is I mean is everything is so like everybody have their own routine, and you can see how hard how hard they work. Like I got here like in February twelve, and it was like almost all the hitters was already here and they were not supposed to be there until next week. So that tells you how important is for them to come here early and get ready for for the repeat, you know, like to to to to to be a champion again. And and for me is for being the first year guy on the on the radio, Bude. Seeing all that is really important because that's what you get.
Speaker 2: You can see what you can get.
Speaker 3: From a player during the season, like when he comes early to spring training and he gets ready and he says he stays healthy most of the time.
Speaker 1: Being a rookie in the radio booth, is it the same feeling you had being a rookie in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: It's not that hard because it's only two guys, three guys on the board with me.
Speaker 2: But I like it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I like it. It's absolutely different. But I mean I still hang out with the guys in the clubhouse because I got to play against some of them before my career, and I like it.
Speaker 2: I like to be.
Speaker 3: In the booth, and I like to like talk to the people in the Spanish and kind of like in different plays, what I can analyze and tell them what exactly is happening, what I think, what I should, what I did when I was a player, and I think I like that.
Speaker 1: Do you miss the game? You just finished playing professional baseball in Mexico last year, just months ago. Do you miss it?
Speaker 2: I no, I'm still in the game.
Speaker 3: I'm just in a different spot. I'm just doing radio right now. And like I say, all I learned in my career for the twenty three years I played, I can express it to be people and I like it. Like if I see a play short stop or second base that reminds me when I was playing, and and and what I think the choices he got, if he's a grandble to a high shopper, I should go get it or whatever. It reminds me every play I make in those twenty three years, so I can express it to the people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good crew, Jose Mota, Pepe and Ingez and the one and only Luis Cochito Cruz. It's so great to have you back. And you were a true underdog when you joined the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was.
Speaker 3: I was, and and I think that's that's something like the people in l A I appreciate, like I was always a guy who came out and play hard every every single day. If they want, if they need me at second base, I will go to second base. They need me in left field, I will go to left field. And I finished playing third base every day for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Is that it was like a dream come true to me? And I don't know. I was.
Speaker 3: We always make a good connection with the front office. Also, he was in twenty twelve, twenty thirteen. So I always wanted to come back. I always say once I retire, I want to come back and work for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: And any any other any other job.
Speaker 3: I mean, I never expect this to be the Spanish analyst so quick, but I'm really happy to have the job and help Pepe and.
Speaker 2: Jose before I let you go.
Speaker 1: Obviously, we lost one of the greatest Dodgers, Fernando Venezuela. How much do you think of him when you step into that booth every time?
Speaker 3: I mean, he still has his initials on the headphones and and I know a lot of people. It's a big shoes to feel. I'm not trying to feel his shoes. I'm just I'm just trying to honor him and do my best for him to feel proud of me. And I know him from a long time. He knows my dad, I know his son. I mean, we played together in double A. So Fernando Venezuela is irreplaceable. I'm not trying to replace anybody. I'm just trying to do my job and help and hopefully he feel proud of me.
Speaker 1: No doubt he's looking down very proud of you because you have the spirit of Mexico and you have the spirit of the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean I was.
Speaker 3: I was always a Dodger growing up, and I was My kids are Dodger fans too, and I will always be a Dodger and and I think that's one of the reasons. I mean, I got the I got the job, and I always say I was telling them, you know what, once I retired playing, I would love to come back because I spend the best time of my life playing for the Dodgers. I grew up being a Dodger fan. He's not so many people in life to have that luck, you know, being sometimes.
Speaker 2: You dream, you dream is to play in the big leagues, but you don't have like a special team.
Speaker 3: But like for me, I grew up thinking I'm gonna playing the big leagues and someday I'm gonna play for the Dodgers. So for me and my family, it was like a dream come true.
Speaker 1: For sure, it is a dream come true and you're living the dream. Great to have you back. You've never left the Dodgers. Certain players are associated with teams. You always have been associated with the Dodgers, just because of that Cinderella ride you had back in twenty twelve and twenty thirteen. Can't wait to see you all season long and we'll have some fun this year.
Speaker 2: We will.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, David, and I'm really really happy to be here.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: My best to make every fan to speak the Spanish or English proud. I'm gonna do my best like I would used to do it.
Speaker 1: On the film and go Dodgers Doubt number forty seven. Luis Coccito Cruz, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: Thank you, David. Thank you