Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Mo Kelly. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and I've been looking forward to this conversation for a long time. Premiering exclusively on Paramount Plus tomorrow, September seventeenth, Nothing but a Good Time. The Uncensored Story of Eighties hair Metal is a three part series that showcases the notoriously wild eighties hard rock phenomenon and features interviews with those who lived it. In the eighties, it was an exciting time in music. It was amazing. You had to have lived go all the same way. More hair, more clothes, hider pants. That is what rocker rolled us about this heavy metal music. Is all of it bad to me. They're off satanic.
Speaker 3: I don't want anything to do with it.
Speaker 2: On tour, every human depravity came out. We're throwing meat in blood the audience. I wanted to play so hard that my hands would bleed. I would have blood on my snare all the time.
Speaker 4: He modified the concast and put explosives and it was a sort of bigfol It came back fight.
Speaker 3: Into his bottles.
Speaker 5: They made it seem so awesome to just have sex and did drugs.
Speaker 2: It was nothing but a good time, you know, I find it. I feel like I'm gonna die, so I probably shouldn't.
Speaker 6: Do in this band.
Speaker 7: When you have that level of dominance, there's nowhere else really to go except for off the cliff.
Speaker 2: Randy winds up taking a joy ride. I'm awake and bite oh that I was gonna take care of him. I brought him back home in a box. I had to change my life get back on the track. The music withstood to test the time. They really almost thinking. We bet on ourselves, and when it paid off, it was awesome.
Speaker 5: He didn't realize what a magical time you were in.
Speaker 2: Nothing but a good time. The Uncensored Story of Eighties hair Metal was directed and produced by Jeff Tremaine, co creator of the MTV reality show Jackass, and he joins me now on the show, Jeff, thank you for coming on tonight. Let's go back to the eighties.
Speaker 3: What's up, not Bud, it's what's happening.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm getting ready to have some fun with you. For those who didn't live it, what is hair metal? Is it the same as glam metal? Glam rock? Is it something else? What makes it what it is? Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 6: Glam is another word for it. It's basically the metal scene that was born on the Sunset Strip in probably nineteen eighty nineteen eighty one, born out of the whiskey and the music scene that was happening right there. But it spans like Motley Cruze, Poison, Guns n' Roses, you know, Warrant Quiet, right, There's a ton of bands that it covers, so it's a whole era.
Speaker 2: You know the genre obviously, you know the era. You've told the story of Motley Crue, you know how to tell these types of stories. But nothing but a good time. The uncensored story of eighties hair metal includes a lot of luminaries who lived it, who played it, who were fans of it? Who should we expect to see and hear In this three part series.
Speaker 6: You get to hear from Brett Michaels how you know, like they bet on themselves, Poison worked really hard getting out here and put out their own record and told three million copies on just a basically they did everything.
Speaker 3: It was incredible.
Speaker 6: But we get to hear from Jack Russell, the singer of Gray White, who just recently passed away telling some of the most outrageous stories I've heard, Like in the writer as he joined Gray White or it was called Dante Fox back then, he thought it was a good idea as a teenager to rob cocaine dealers, so he would go and basically do these armed robberies on these coke dealers and accidentally shot one of the housekeepers or that I would shouldn't say accidentally, but well he wasn't amy. He shot through a door, but got arrested and did time as a teenager, and then right when he got out joined back in with Dante Fox.
Speaker 3: They became Gray White and became.
Speaker 6: This huge, notorious band, and he was amazing to tell these stories.
Speaker 3: So I'm really glad we were able to get.
Speaker 6: Him and to get him to tell these stories vibrantly before he passed.
Speaker 2: So I mean this very respectfully. You talk about some of my word crazy stories and experiences that these artists lived through, and I remember it growing up as far as this music being part of the soundtrack of my life. But I mean this respectfully. How is it possible that more of these artists didn't end up dead given their lifestyle?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, look a lot of them, a lot of them did unfortunately end up and like like I said, Jack Russell passed away. Another guy named Stephen Riley, he was the drummer of WASP and also La Guns.
Speaker 3: And he passed away, but we got to interview to him.
Speaker 6: He told these amazing stories of just the early days of WASP. And I don't know if you really remember WASP, but they had this outrageous early stage show. And one of the funniest stories is like Blackie Lawless used to wear these circular saw blades over his cod piece.
Speaker 3: So he'd had these this like giant.
Speaker 6: Saw blade, and they didn't know how to make those because it was tempered feel the saw blade. You can't just cut a saw blade because it's, you know, really strong. So they one of their friends worked at Jet Propulsion Laboratories, which was the where rockets were made, you know, and they had these rocket scientists tell them how to cut the saw blades so he could wear it over his penis basically some of our greatest minds working together.
Speaker 2: To I know, young people may be listening to this conversation and they don't have firsthand memories of that era, but I lived through it, you lived through it. And a philosophical question. MTV music videos were ever present and huge back in the nineteen eighties. How might this story been different if the hair metal revolution was during the age of YouTube instead of MTV.
Speaker 6: I don't know how to, you know, Like, I don't know how to answer that, because I can't. It's just evolved. It's hard to say what mattered. But this scene was definitely visual and as MTV was born at the same time as this scene, these guys were definitely perfect to showcase not just the music, but how outrageous they looked.
Speaker 3: Right, it worked out perfectly with MTV.
Speaker 6: And MTV was probably part of how it pushed into such an extreme version of it, right, So I don't know, I don't know how it would happen with YouTube.
Speaker 3: It could still happen, like, but I don't know.
Speaker 6: The world's changed quite a bit, right, so it's And there definitely weren't a lot of cameras rolling behind the scenes back then, so maybe that perpetuated some of the craziness that I don't know if it exists nowadays or not, but it definitely existed back then, and I think partially it is because there weren't cameras all.
Speaker 2: No, that's a great point because I worked in the music industry for about thirteen fourteen years in the nineties, and it was just understood parties there were you weren't allowed to bring physical cameras. The camera phones didn't exist. It's just kind of understood what happens here stays here. Do you think that, Well, let me ask you this, how do you think cameras then have changed how musicians have acted.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, everybody has to they're a little more accountable.
Speaker 4: For everything they do because everybody's got a video camera, you know, and that's a blessing ana curse, right, Like I do a show called Ridiculousness where everybody's just catching every crazy thing that happens on camera.
Speaker 3: We get to show people that.
Speaker 6: But I don't know, you just definitely have to be a little more guarded these days with how you behave.
Speaker 2: So you talk about how this genre, this explosion of music started in early nineteen eighties, maybe even nineteen eighty. Where did the hair come from? Where did the makeup come from? Was there a singular artist that people kind of imitated, or is it already on the scene, and it just so the natural evolution.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it.
Speaker 6: It never went away, right, It was there from the seventies and then this scene was definitely, let's call Van Halen sort of the godfather of the scene. Like they blew up off the Sunset Strip and kind of took off, but the door shut behind them. There wasn't a whole scene following them, like right when that happened, Hale blew up in the late seventies, but right then, like new wave was starting to pop off, so there was a lot of a lot.
Speaker 3: More interested in that.
Speaker 6: Like the old rock and roll style was definitely dying, but there was bands like Guns and Roses.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not sorry, not Guns Roses.
Speaker 6: There was bands like Kawiet Riot who were still on the strip like the same time as Fan hal and grinding away just you know, good old rock and roll like metal basically.
Speaker 3: And then Motley Cruz went of blew up.
Speaker 6: They and they connected with a new audience that really loved them, and I think their look was influenced sort of by the punk scene.
Speaker 3: I'd say New York Dolls, the band like New York Dolls.
Speaker 6: Definitely to some of their desire to wear some of their hair as outrageous that they did in the makeup.
Speaker 3: I think there was a New York Dolls influence for sure, but I don't know. And then it just perpetuated. The scene was happening around.
Speaker 6: It wasn't just those bands, but there was, you know, bands like Wasps still like looking around in the shadows and rats coming up.
Speaker 2: So can't wait, can't wait, nothing but a good time. The Uncensored Story of Eighties hair Metal is a three part series which premieres tomorrow Tuesday on Paramount Plus and it's directed and produced by Jeff Tremaine. My guest right now, Jeff, congratulations, and I definitely will be checking this out and walking through my own history. Thanks to you.
Speaker 3: Hey, great, I appreciate it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: KFIM six forty, It's Later with Moe Kelly. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Let's talk movies. Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice is still number one. It brought in fifty one point three million dollars this last weekend. Has has legs as they say, worldwide gross of two hundred and sixty four million, and since the summer is pretty much over, that's a good way for theaters to end. This is something that can stay in theaters for quite some time. It's just this second week, but it may stay all the way through the rest of September. It had a screen average, which we don't talk about a lot, but for a second week, a screen average of eleven thousand per screen that's pretty damn good. Coming in number two is Speak No Evil. You heard Mark Ronner review that on Friday in the runa report with i'll say a healthy eleven point four million. It couldn't have cost that much to make. It did nine million internationally for a total of twenty point eight million. It's first week. It will turn a profit, I assume, with the exception of maybe James McAvoy's fee. You know, he's the only bankable name in the movie. Is that correct, Mark?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's correct. The budget was apparently fifteen million bucks, so they've cleared that.
Speaker 2: Okay, one to five, Okay, Yeah, they're in the clear. Coming at number three is some movie I've never heard of. It's am I racist?
Speaker 3: Not me?
Speaker 2: Because y'all say that I'm racist. I'm talking about the movie. It says, am I racist? That's the name of it. It's a man investigates diversity, equity and inclusion practices, exposing as absurdities through undercover social experiments. Came in at number three with four point five million. Hadn't heard of it?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 2: Are you sure that's number three? Because yeah, and I'm saying that either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, at four point because Deadpool of Wolverine was five point two million.
Speaker 2: That Look, it just says September thirteenth through fifteen, I think you've been hacked. No, I'm saying. Look, it says Domestic twenty twenty four weekend thirty seven, September thirteen through the fifteenth. It shows Deadpool Wolverina at three point eight million. Nahd, look look at my computer. I'm looking at it. I'm just saying I think that you've been hacked. No, I'm not. I'm just gonna ask, are you racist? Look, I think that's what I'm saying. It shows Beatle Juice, Be You to Juice number one, Speaking No Evil? Number two? Am I Racist? Number three? Deadpool Wolverine number four, ragging at number five, The Killers Game at number six, Alien Romulus at seven eight. It ends with US nine, The Forge ten, God's Not Dead, and God We Trust. That was a Fathom Events presentation. Interesting. Look I'm going by box office Mojo.
Speaker 5: All right, Okay, Look, box office Mojo isn't racist, so.
Speaker 2: Damn you. Look, I'm saying, I've never heard of the movie. Whether you say it came in third or fourth, never heard of or it doesn't exist. Well, see, it was only on fifteen hundred screens, but it still managed to bring in four point five million. That seems like a lot. Wait for I'm seeing one million here on it says four point five for the weekend. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 7: All Right, I hadn't heard of it before you mentioned it just now, and now that I'm looking it up. It's from some well questionable Uh this from IMDb. It says from the white guys who brought you what is a Woman?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's a political movie.
Speaker 7: It's from the usual suspect of certain well known propaganda sites.
Speaker 2: Okay, Deadpool Wolverine three point eight million this week for a total of one point three billion.
Speaker 5: I think that's about as far as a box office Mojo is busted. Because Variety has Deadpool Wolverine at five point two this weekend.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if it included the look that's what it says. Okay, not got you? Okay. Reagan came in number five with two point nine million, Killers Game two point seven million.
Speaker 5: And see your list of box office Mojo doesn't have my old ass on there?
Speaker 2: What oh oh yeah yeah yeah movie movie? Yes, yeah, yeah, it actually seems kind of funny. I remember seeing the trailer. Yeah, okay, sure it has mild Ass is number twenty on this list. Okay, well maybe there's some data missing, all right, Yeah, I can't say. But anyhow, so speak No Evil. According to Mark Ronner, I can go ahead and wait for that to watch at home.
Speaker 7: It's enjoyable, but I don't see any compelling reason for you to rush out to see it in the big screen.
Speaker 2: Am I racist? Pretty sure I'll skip that. Deadpool Wolverine already seen it. Reagan. I probably will watch that, but I'm usually hesitant to watch movies about people that I have some degree of familiarity with in real life. You know, you know, I like Dennis Quaid, but I remember Ronald Reagan, so it is probably not going to match up the Killers game, no interest seeing Alien Romulus. It ends with us no real interest the forge to get around to that. And Despicable Me for came in at number eleven. I haven't seen any of the Despicable Me movies. Yeah, okay, that's what I thought. So And I know Mark Ronner Hason because that's juvenile. I am an adult.
Speaker 5: Yes, now, I'm I'm sad that none of you all saw Dandi Dan this week and it was a limited release, but Dan to Dan was phenomenal. It will be on crunchy Roll, I believe in October. But the theatrical release had a preview from the creators, the director, the voice talent, the director. Phenomenal. Uh anime series turned into a short film about the occult. It's got action, it's got romance. It is an incredible, incredibly creepy anime.
Speaker 2: Is having romance. I think this anime is having nudity and porn.
Speaker 5: Well no, no, no.
Speaker 2: And the tentacles. Yeah, and this was the same scene.
Speaker 5: This one had a burgeoning romance between two unlikely protagonists and tentacles. There weren't tentacles, but there was a demonic grandmother who would take your manhood. Literally, so there was nudity. No, Well, did this young man lost it all? And that's what the that's what the series is about him trying to get it back.
Speaker 2: But could you make a great point because instead of going to the movies, there are so many other things competing for our time. For example, I spent this weekend starting season two of The Old Man, which one with Jet Bridges The Old Man, Old Man. Yes, okay, so it's on point, it's it's well. The first episode was kind of a lot of a lot of walking, a lot of talking, a lot of review and I said, well, we'll see where it goes.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: And also Tulsa King season two is out there, Frank Grillo, Oh it's good. Oh it's good. Trust me.
Speaker 7: I watched the first episode or two and I couldn't stop staring at whatever he did with his hair.
Speaker 2: And I just know that's too No, but hang with it just a little longer. Let let stallone start turning into the mafioso that he was before he went to prison. Leave his tube alone. That's not it's not a two. That's that's his rough. That's surgery. Yeah, that's permanent. That ain't going anywhere. Leave his implants alone.
Speaker 7: Okay, you're saying that over and above whatever that hair system is, it gets better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that look hair notwithstanding, I'm not pushing aside because the hairline is a little low. It's down to his EYEBROWND it's a little low. This is more. The series is really good and I have and I've said this before, I am far more appreciative of Stallone as an actor this point in his career. Like he did the most recent Rainbow, It's all about the acting. It's not about the gore and you know we're cutting up people. When he did his his work in Creed, he was. He's a solid actor and he doesn't get enough credit for just as acting. And Tulsa King brings that out.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 7: Did either of you see the two part HBO documentary about David Chase and the Sopranos.
Speaker 2: No I did not, worre's the watch? Okay, Okay, all right, I'll take you up on that. Even though you're usually wrong about stuff, I'll take you up on it. Except for the ending. Look, just like with the TV series, no I heard it actually explains the ending of the TV series.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to spoil it for anybody, except to say that I literally shouted at the TV as the end credits rolled on this documentary.
Speaker 2: They did the exact same I shouted, a dirty, filthy They did the exact same thing as the ending of the show. I can't tell you, but okay, did your curse worth start with mother? That's it. All I'm saying is when I was watching the series finale of I know we got to go to break, but this is more important. When we were watching the series finale of The Sopranos, and I'm real big on series finales, I need you to explain some things, tie some things up, because we're not going to see these characters again.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 7: It determines the worth of the whole show that you've spent years watching, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Because it leaves the final taste in your mouth. And I remember The Sopranos because of that final scene in that restaurant diner thing, and to this day, I'm still angry about it. You should be. It is justified, and I don't want interpretive meanings. And you know what it might have happened, or what it suggested, like the last episode of Loss, like what the frick was that that was.
Speaker 7: The all time worst. That was a war crime. People need to go on trial now.
Speaker 5: That still to mean, nothing is worse than that trash ending for that Dragon series which was horrible. You mean House of Dragon series that was trash. Barn asbo Max to the ground for that ending. Yeah, the ending sucked. Yeah it did, it did. I mean two things can be true in this case, three things can be true. All those endings were bad. It's Later with Moke KFIM six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. But we have good news on the other side. Eating grasshoppers might improve your sleep and your sex.
Speaker 2: I know that's next.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 2: Kelly on KM six Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Researchers divided two hundred and sixteen rats evenly divided one hundred eight males one hundred eight females into three groups of seventy two each. Each group received a different diet grasshopper meal, fish meal, or a protein deficient diet, and they watch these rats over twelve weeks, and during that time, the researchers measured various health indicators They weighed the weekly examine hair samples under a microscope, monitored sleep patterns using special sensors, and observed sexual behaviors through video recordings. That's it's intrusive, no privacy at all. That it's not nice, unsavory. And they also tested urine and fecal pH to assess digestive health, also unsavory. Here are the key results, and here is how this study applies to you at home, or in your car or wherever you're listening. The grasshopper diet led to significant improvements across multiple health measures. Rats on the grasshopper Hopper diet showed increased sexual activity with more frequent mounting and intro Who wrote this mounting, I guess, and intromission behaviors. Look, I don't even know what intromission means. I guess it's not intermission. It's rats style. No, no, way too late, way too late, gem on give it too he's learning. Also, the grasshopper diet led to sleeping longer, which probably is a function of having more sex. You know, this is what I hear, gaining about twelve extra hours of sleep per week compared to the protein defission group. Hair quality was dramatically better, with over ninety four percent of hairs examined showing ideal characteristics. Body weight was healthier, and digestive health indicators were more balanced. Nice, but I don't see where's this overlap between rat physiology and human physiology. It's in there. Keep reading. It's important to note that this study was conducted on rats and results may not directly translate to humans. The sample size, while reasonable for an animal study, is still relatively small. The study duration of twelve weeks provides insight into short term effects, but long term impacts remain unknown. Additionally, the study focused on a single species of grasshopper, and effects may vary with other insect species. Look, I am not going to eat ground up grasshoppers to help my libido or help me sleep at night. Okay, what if it's capsules. Let me say it in English. I am not eating, ingesting, or taking internally grasshoppers to help improve my sex life or my sleep.
Speaker 5: About grasshopper oil, like if you rub grasshopper oil on yourself?
Speaker 2: Okay, let me say this in Spanish.
Speaker 7: New Maybe it's only fifty percent of the voting your place? What about the other fifty voting percent? Hey, it takes two to tango.
Speaker 2: Okay. If the other half wants to go solo on this adventure, that's up to her. What if it's like mixed into like healthy green, Okay, let me let me see, let me try another language yet. No, Look, we've had this discussion before. I don't eat insects, not willingly or knowing. This isn't about eating.
Speaker 5: This is about just ingesting for better libido, better quality of hair.
Speaker 2: I mean, all sleeping longer, get this stuff. Let's let's have something. Okay, Okay, Look, I am at a point in my life where hair grows where it's not supposed to. That's a statement of fact. It's not a joke trying to be funny. See, you're so young, you don't know what it's like to walk by the mirror and realize hair grows there. It's a very very very unsettling realization. Yeah, when I was younger and I said I will the day when hair starts growing out of my nose, well I'm ruining the day. It's not fun it's not funny. And then with the hair is growing, regardless of where it's growing, it turns gray, and that is really really unsettling. I'm just letting you know, Elma, what's in store for you? I had a weird hair growing my shoulders to look forward to. Oh yeah, he seems unconcerned. Yeah, Grecian formula on your nose hair, that's that's not cool. That's not an option. Is that?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: You don't know what Grecian formula is? No Grecian, it's like Greek. Oh my gosh, wow, I am so hurt. And how old are you? I'm thirty one. If I said hair for men with that ring of bell, oh, just for men, just for men. That's the hair club. Oh gosh, the Bosley Group. Some trivia for you, isn't it. But back to the study. No, I'm not I'm not eating grasshopper anything. This is not snow pier, sir, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 7: I think you should order some for the group and we should all take it for a test drive.
Speaker 5: If it's just zerto casts, if it's gel caps, that's that's almost like having your daily vitamin dose.
Speaker 2: Look, I've heard about similar studies, and the researcher suggests that the unique nutritional profile of grasshoppers, particularly in its rich amino acid content, contributes to the observed health benefits. They highlight the potential of insect based diets as a sustainable and nutritious food source, especially in regions where these insects are already part of traditional diets. Here, it's not part of the traditional diet. No, thank you, don't thank you. You're the one who had grasshopper cookies. I did. Those are cricket cookies. Whatever crickets, grasshoppers, they got to be the same genus violin or had.
Speaker 5: I've had grasshopper and it's not bad. It's not good, said no, it' seriously not bad. Like seriously, it's the chicken.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't do insects, sorry, and I barely do meat anymore.
Speaker 5: Well, then it's time for you to move over to insects. It's a healthier meal. Or or how about just vegetarian. It's the way of the future. It's either soilent green or the bugs.
Speaker 2: Pick one. Well, it ain't gonna be the bugs. You better trick me some other way, because I am not going the route of snore snow piercer. I refuse what. I was repulsed by that?
Speaker 5: What about an insect shake mixed up with something else?
Speaker 2: That's like a cockroach milk. Yes, now we're talking, gonna stir fry. You won't even notice. Yeah, I know. And that's why there's some places of the world. In the world, I'm just not going because some one may try to feed me some grasshopper soup or something and we'll have a misunderstanding. Can't have that.
Speaker 7: Maybe it'll make you jump higher, Albert if you give him a rim shot for that.
Speaker 2: That's right, Move your hand away. We'll talk to George norm when we come back. We'll ask him whether he's eating il kf IM six forty we're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and we'll also say goodbye to Tito Jackson, who passed away yesterday at the age of seventy.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from kf I AM.
Speaker 2: Six forty Coast to Coast AM with the George Nori. George got a quick question for you. Have you had Would you be willing to try anything insect related as a food, grasshoppers, crickets, anything like that.
Speaker 8: Not any your fertility.
Speaker 2: Thank you that my man fifty grand and someone finally has some reason. Thank you.
Speaker 8: Hello Jack No cockroaches nothing.
Speaker 2: Thank you, George for restoring my faith in humanity.
Speaker 3: Good night.
Speaker 8: On the show, we're talking about mo Kelly eating budg.
Speaker 2: Or we're talking about how o' kelly will never eat bucks, never, not consciously, not intentionally.
Speaker 8: If you ever get to that point, I'll lend you the money for food.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: You know, there's some times where I think about this. If I were ever stranded on some island, or you know, if stuck in the jungle, I just die because I'm not putting grubs and stuff in my mouth.
Speaker 8: I'm not no, that's your fish or something like that.
Speaker 2: I'll try, but I'll probably die. I'm not an outdoorsy person absolutely.
Speaker 8: Anyways, on the show tonight, we're going to talk about medical mistakes, and then later on the Spirit World on Coast.
Speaker 2: To Coast, all right, we'll be checking you out, Chuck, George, And before we go, I wanted to leave just a moment to say goodbye to Tito Jackson. You've heard the news by now, one of the original members of the Jackson Five, who passed away yesterday at the age of seventy. I never got to work with Tito, but my fondest memory would be seeing Tito and the other members of the Jackson Five perform at Dodger Stadium in nineteen eighty four as part of the I think it was the Victory Tour, and to see the Jacksons perform up close. I was in maybe the tenth row had these great seats. Is me and my friend from across the street, Sean Larson, who later would become my best man at my wedding. We got to see the Jacksons, all of them up close during pretty much the last portion of their heyday together, and it's a memory I would never forget. And Tito Jackson, although people have made fun of him in comparison to the other Jackson's, you know, you had like the Chris Tucker jokes about I'm Michael Jackson, you Tito. And Tito was always the Jackson that people wanted to point fingers at. But actually he was very, very talented as a guitarist. Of course, all the Jacksons were talented, but he was very talented as an instrument mentalists, and I don't think he got his due for that. In fact, he was trying to had very levels of success, to pass on his successful legacy to his three sons, and if you knew his triplet sons, they were called three T had some success, but you could tell that he was about the music more than anything. He was not a person who was out front. He was not trying to be a star, but he was about the music and he was about the family legacy. And if you don't know, the word is that he died of a heart attack while driving from New Mexico to Oklahoma. He had a home in Oklahoma, and I know he had some business projects in Oklahoma. And it was sad for me because I was thinking about you think about people's families, and nobody's family has been like the Jacksons, all of the tumult, all the issues that the family has had in a very public view over the They've been in the public eye for at least fifty five sixty years. I remember watching them on MERV Griffin and Dinah Shore when I was a very young child. I think that was the first time I saw them on TV, because that's about the only place you could see them on TV when he had those types of appearances. I don't remember seeing them on Soul Trainer or American Bandstand, but I do remember seeing them on Dinah Shore, and I know Mark you remember Dinah Shore well.
Speaker 7: Weirdly, Mike Douglas also some of the biggest rockers of the area era, and Mike Douglas was not exactly the hippus dude on the planet.
Speaker 2: No, But there were fewer spaces and places for these groups to go, and if you were big time, you would end up on daytime television on one of these shows. And that's what I remember seeing them, and they were larger than life, and I know that was said so often, but the Jackson's truly were larger than life, and you knew all of them. I had every single record of the Jackson Five, which turned into the jack Sons. And then obviously Michael went solo and the brothers did their own things. Jermaine had a solo career for a while, Marlon did some things solo, and even Tito through other family members. But all that fame didn't mean that everything was great in the Jackson household. And my point here as we sign off tonight, I hope that Tito was at a place of peace, because you don't have tomorrow's. They say, tomorrow's not promised. I don't know if he was feeling unwell in the days leading up to now when he had what is thought to be a heart attack while he was driving. But you know, you just never know when your time is and I hope that he had some degree of peace with his family and other issues before he left up out of here. Because we don't have any say in the matter, we can't predict it. We can only try to hope that we have some degree of clarity and can see it coming when the end comes for all of us, but for the Jacksons, which has always been I would say, a sad story beyond the fame. This just adds to the sadness of that story, and I wish that there's better for the Jackson family going forward. It's later with Moe Kelly Tito Jackson gone at the age of seventy