Speaker 1: Ready, get ready for September five, twenty twenty five. And that is allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar. And in case you don't recognize the voice, this is Chuck o'ceelly and the Ocelli effect. And that noise in the background is my co host Bpete. Because it's Friday night and here we are live to take your calls, so you might be able to tell that I'm challenged a bit vocally. Whatever, We're going to go forward with this as best we can, and worse comes to worse, maybe I'll just play a bunch of audio from the White House and we'll call it a day until ten pm, when the Age of Transitions begins onochelly dot com and via your various podcasts, which I've been trying to at least plenty of this week, doing my best to fulfill the requests. But in the meantime, if it is just after I mean like seven minutes after the hour of eight PM in the Eastern time zone of what used to be America, and you're hearing the sound pathetically of my voice, then we are live and you can join us at three one nine, five two seven five zero one six. Since I sound like crap, you can be the show. And now we'll check in with my cos VPTE see how he sounds. I probably know much of what he's going to say already. I found his tweet ironic and interesting for the promo for the show, and uh, hey, can't argue with straight logic. But well, actually this is America and it's twenty twenty five, so logic doesn't count much anyway. But still here we are. You can argue all day, but it doesn't mean that anybody will win. How about that, BPTE. How is your week gone? If you can't tell how mine has, I mean, I'll try to tell you, but I may lose my voice entirely during the course of this broadcast. We shall see how you well.
Speaker 2: I was sympathized with you, because around here.
Speaker 3: Thinks you're starting to die off with it be in Falld and my sinus the sound about as rough as your throat.
Speaker 2: But it's been a good week. We need some rain. We've been a couple of weeks without in your rain.
Speaker 3: The weather has been gorgeous. It's been beautiful temperat during the day, humidity has not been bad. So I've been able to get a lot done. Spent the whole week trying to find weed eater parts, which is almost impossible now that Sears is out of business because I have a lot of crafts and stuff, so now trying to find replacement parts and that is getting to be a little tricky.
Speaker 2: But Anette been staying busy.
Speaker 1: Yeah didn't a few years ago, Yeah didn't. A few years ago, craftsmen state that they would no longer honor the whole lifetime replacement thing, like come and get your replacements now. I remember some years ago it was like everybody was rushing to whatever location they could find to exchange their stuff because you could always bring a broken craftsman whatever to them and they would replace it. I have a vague memory of it. And people were looking for the wrenches and everything at flea markets to go trade them in for brand new tools. Was that like ten years ago? Yeah?
Speaker 2: They Yeah, when they went through chapter when they went out of business, basically.
Speaker 3: That voided the warranty and what Seears did when they went under thanks to their merger with Kmart, they basically said, Okay, we're not covered warranty and they sold off like they had the kid.
Speaker 2: Wore brand of appliances. They sold that off.
Speaker 3: Craftsmen Tools went to I want to say, Stanley bought the name and then it went to Black and Decker I believe, or either it went to Black and Decker or now Stanley.
Speaker 2: So yeah, your warranty a shot.
Speaker 3: But you know, the funny thing is is growing up, my dad always bought Craftsman tools.
Speaker 2: He was a mechanic and he.
Speaker 3: Always bought them because no matter what happened, you take it into the store, set it on the shelf or set it on the counter.
Speaker 2: He tell you to figure out a new one.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's great. I bought a rake. In fact, I think I've still got that rake. A leaf breake years ago had a wooden handle and said Craftsmen. And I made a comment to the guy when I bought the thing. I said, well, you know a shame it's not a fiberglass handle. He goes, oh, no, we talk to the wooden handles too. You break the handle, bring it back, we give you a dowing. I mean something that's going to break over time. They know it, but it's been hard now and what they did, their parts warehouse is still operating under Sears Parts Direct, and if they've got it in stock, you can go there.
Speaker 2: Of course, you could get your manuals.
Speaker 3: And everything for your Like I've got a Craftsman mower, a weed eater, a blower.
Speaker 2: My blower went on.
Speaker 3: The fritz, and it would have been nice to take it down there and turn it in, but I can't. So you go to Sears Parts Direct and if they have the part, they'll send it to you and pretty quick turnaround time for shipping. And I guess they're going to stay open until they get their inventory down to the point that it's just these specialty items and they're probably selling at auction.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, Well, it's funny you mentioned this because I was telling a story just the other day to somebody that I realized makes no sense in the current reality. Where look. In the late nineties, I had a woman staying at my house. Not going to say who, but she came to stay at my house for the first time, and she was there and I had to work on the overnight, so I was like, hey, you know, you can hang out sleep until I come home, and then I won't sleep and we'll spend time together, you know, And so I got her in my house and she calls me up and says, hey, you're TV broke, which was a big problem because even my back then in the nineties, I had web TV, so that was my internet access was on my TV, My video games were on my TV, my cable was so my TV was the center of anything to keep her entertained, except for, you know, a couple of radios laying around the apartment. Right. And so she calls me up at like two in the morning, your TV just stopped working, and I'm like, okay, take a nap, and when I get done with my overnight shift in the early morning, we'll go get a new TV. She was impressed by that. But the only reason why I was able to do it because I had a Sears credit card and it wasn't you know the throwaway TV purchases of today, go to Walmart another screen. Back then, TV's were heavy as hell, and we actually had a hard time getting the decent sized TV, which was only like I don't know, thirty two inches or something into my friend's car because it was too was the car was small. Now people might have a hard time imagining that in the age of flat TVs, right, But the TV was heavy. I had to take it out of the box just to get it into the car, and I wedged that thing in there and brought it home. But it was a major purchase that I used a credit card for and it was a Sears card of all things. And you know, like I say, today, you could go grab a TV for less than one hundred bucks, brand new, you know, thirty two inches or whatever, and people would laugh at you for your little cheap TV. But back then, my thirty two inch TV, I mean, was considerably heavy and expensive, and it was from Sears. And I brought that home, and obviously the girl was impressed that I could just go grab another TV back then, so you know, and therefore I had the center of my entertainment universe in the apartment all set and that way, you know, we could watch a DVD or VHS still had VHS. Then we could go online, we could watch the cable, we could play video games, or we could just put the TV up on a stand and you know, entertain each other. But that's the way it was. And to me, that's not very long ago. But that whole reality, that whole story makes no sense in today's reality. I mean, you would just punch up Amazon now, tell them to ship you another TV, and within a day or two you might have a TV on your doorstep without having to leave, that weighs next to nothing and is flat. Or you could just run down to the local Walmart, see what's on sale, get the cheapest new brand from God knows where, made by God knows who, and you have something that is capable of doing all that on the flat screen all by itself. It could serve the Internet. It can look into the cable by itself. It can get streaming, you know, wireless if you want. Right, So, no setup, no nothing, no, you know, the TV now weighs. I mean you'd have to get like five or ten TVs together to get them to weigh anything like what one of the small TVs. Wait back then, weight wise, price wise, everything. That's one of the few things that's actually gone down regardless of inflation. I mean, imagine if we didn't have inflation, those hundred dollars TVs, they might have to pay you to take them away at this rate, so totally disconnected from current reality. Me going to have to get a new TV, and it just so happens. Sears was my best option. Because I had a line of credit. Now what do you think of that? What do you think of that whole thing? BPTE.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, that's like when we were in Texas, that monitor that I had from a laptop that I took down there. I think I paid seventy five bucks forward at Walmart, you know, but it was a TV you did get up to an antenna.
Speaker 2: Hooked up the cable whatever. Yep, seventy nine bucks.
Speaker 3: I remember when you know, when we built our house, LCD flat screens were just coming out and we went to I think it was Best Buy and fought the smallest one because the way we had to do the stairs in that log house where you went upstairs, that wall on the stairwell we filled in with trimwood from the barn or the stables that was next to the barn when we took it down, and so I had bookshelves built in. Well, we wanted to TV, but it had to be small enough on a shelf. Now I had a good wide section for it, but it had to be thin. So we bought I forget which brand it was. Thing was like twelve hundred dollars for I don't know what twenty seven inches something like that. And after about nine well about nine months, ten months into it, it got a crescent down in one corner where the LEDs.
Speaker 2: It looked like a halo, and you could.
Speaker 3: Only really see it when the screen went black, like on Law and Order when they changed from scene, you know, the introduction scene, and you've got that black screen there and.
Speaker 2: That the duds sound. Well, you could really see it then.
Speaker 3: So I took it back to best Buy and they tried to give me a flat screen four hundred dollars slillow dinky portable TV. Said no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, this ain't right. Well I got into a big argument with the wife over she wanted to take it. I said, that's not the TV we should be getting. They didn't make that small one anymore. It went up two inches, like twenty nine inches or something. So I called the headquarters for Best By. They said no, no, no, no, no, take that thing back. Yes, that's a flat screen, but it's not the.
Speaker 2: LCD that you.
Speaker 3: Had, and go and tell them this is the model that they need to give you. Well, the only one they had was four model, so there's no thinge telling how many hours were on it since they put it up there. But I took the thing and they continued the warranting on it. So by that time the TV in nine months, the TV was two inches bigger on the screen, and we paid twelve hundred dollars for the first one.
Speaker 4: I think that one was like seven.
Speaker 3: Hundred dollars, and they've locked some of it off for giving me a hassle, and because it was a full model.
Speaker 2: I think I ended up geting for like five hundred.
Speaker 3: Bucks in nine months, from twelve hundred to five hundred dollars for a bigger, better TV.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: Right, But that's the thing is, like it would bounce up like that. Now today a version of that TV that was, you know, have one hundred and five hundred whatever many hundreds of dollars. What would it cost you to get something just like it now?
Speaker 2: Comparable to it? You could probably get it for.
Speaker 3: Two hundred maybe two twenty five. I mean because they had a good sound system speakers on. I forget the brand of it for the life I mean, I can't remember it, but it had excellent speakers in it, you know, surround sound quality speakers, not this cheap craft they put on these small things. But I mean, it's amazing that the prices are off that much in nine months today, Like I said, if you can probably get it for two twenty.
Speaker 2: Five where originally it was twelve hundred or more.
Speaker 3: It's just crazy the way things have come down. But you get computers, I've not seen a big drop in computer prices. You know, laptops are still up there, and you would think with the electronics and being able to make it cheaper nowadays.
Speaker 2: Of course it's depending on which.
Speaker 1: Brands you buy.
Speaker 2: But it's funny how electronics are like that.
Speaker 3: You go get a seven dollars toaster at Walmart, you know, fifty years ago it cost you twenty bucks for a good toaster.
Speaker 1: Wow, I think I think.
Speaker 3: The first Mister coffee machine I bought was a full ten cup pot size and it cost me.
Speaker 2: Seventy five dollars.
Speaker 3: You can go and get the two cup Mister coffee machines for like nine ninety nine at Walmart.
Speaker 2: Now, well, well I made the price difference is yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll bet if you have you, I bet if you bargain hunt, you can still find something comparable to that other thing. Though, two hundred and twenty dollars sounds like a large, expensive TV to me, now if you really bargain hunt telling you. It seems to me that's one of the few things I'm not as worried about replacing, although I did recently have to swap a broken TV in for my old monitor because my monitor did this weird thing where it's gone into like dark mode and it won't come out, like it's stuck with the light turned down. And this is apparently a common problem with the disposable TVs. After a while, they just sort of stop being bright.
Speaker 4: Have you yeah, you have you tried resetting it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, none of that works.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that's another thing I like about newer TVs.
Speaker 2: You can get underneath there and get that reset button.
Speaker 3: If it's been a while since it's been programmed, or you move a lot, it's got a lot of.
Speaker 2: Crap programmed into it.
Speaker 3: You clear that thing out a lot of times, it'll, you know, whatever your problem is.
Speaker 2: I had one that wouldn't boot up.
Speaker 3: It would boot up and it would give me a blue screen, but it wouldn't give me anything from my computer, and it would take forever to boot up.
Speaker 2: And if you reset it. That worked for about another three or four months, and then it finally died. So now I've got a Visio TV.
Speaker 1: For my monitor, right well, I mean some of mine were the oh god, Element, the Element TV, you know those things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that monitor I had, Yeah, that monitor I had to just went out on.
Speaker 2: I mean not long ago. That was an I bought it to Walmart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this could be super cheap. Right. Well, my my big you know, my big monitor. I use the one that's you know, like fifty inches that's dead, and then the one that is exactly like it but smaller, that we used to have in the kitchen. I put that up on the desk for like about a month. That one died. It's weird. It's like I'm eating monitors. But anyway, look, I'm trying to just get by on what I have. I got broken headphones on right now, all kinds of things going on over here. Stuff is starting to break down.
Speaker 2: And yeah, have.
Speaker 3: You I've been meaning to ask you this. I was going to ask you last week, but I forgot to write it down. Have you heard the latest on Garth Brooks is a serial killer theory?
Speaker 1: Oh that's new to me. I didn't really Yeah, that's a new one to me. I did get like some later weird JFK stuff something about you know, I mean, the weirdest thing I heard just yesterday is how do I put this without being a complete ass? Okay, so Air Force one right when JFK's body is departing Dallas, Texas, LBJ was so celebratory that at some point he got a couple of moments with just a couple of his cronies around the casket of JFK and they opened the lid so Johnson could literally t bag JFK's corpse.
Speaker 2: Now where is this coming from?
Speaker 1: Oh? You know, just like most things insider information, you know, see price, you know, Like I said, like I was trying to rationally and another thing that came up just the other day, because I'm trying to vet some of the people presenting at Lancer, and I'm not winning a lot of my battles, So there are people that are going to be there that I would not have allowed to survive the vetting process for presenting real information. But I'm doing my best to influence some and quite honestly, I've even added a few people that I know we're going to be a little bit wacky, but at least they'll be interesting because we're not trying to be you know, one hundred percent information is all that matters, and you know, academic about everything this year. So I'm you know, trying to counterbalance a little bit and add a bit of flair. If we're going to be, you know, less than stringent about our standards regarding the information, I figure we should also add some elements of entertainment, like not just make it all rambling, babbling nonsense. But anyway, more on that much much later, because I don't want to spoil Are you going to have.
Speaker 3: The person with are you going to have the person with the t bagging theory?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: No, but but anyway, No, I can't come on. I mean, there's limits. But the thing is, you know, I mean, look there are Seriously, there's been a couple of instances here where I've been like, this person cannot do what they're saying they're going to do. They just I don't have them talk about anything but this, you know. But anyway, so I had to, with my voice in this shape, try and explain and again how JFK's body was not exchanged for JD Tippet. Okay, you know that theory, right? Oh yeah, yeah, you know. Literally they they say that, you know, one of the things that's evidence here is that some people nicknamed JD. Tippitt JFK because he looks so much like him. So anyway, I don't I don't think that.
Speaker 3: I remember I'm looking at those photo rays when people were making that claim, and I'm sitting there thinking, you know, I can see a slight resemblance.
Speaker 2: The funny thing was they were also.
Speaker 3: Using X rays superimposed on each other to show that there was so much similarity between the skulls and this, and that I'm sitting there thinking, well, you know, what are you compared it to because the X rays.
Speaker 2: I mean, when they anything done to Kennedy, half his head was missing. So you go and buy here, it's just strange.
Speaker 1: Well, as with most things, it's very subjective and it's very difficult to explain to people, you know, when they are convinced of something, you know, and you've got to think about it, much like you know, much like religion, even when you try and explain to somebody when they swear, they cross over, you know, because if you just have your faith, you have your faith. That's something that either you do or do not have, and you can proclaim it and I can't really challenge it because I don't know what's inside of you. And that's all that's required for you to believe, is your faith. But when they make declarations about, you know, things the church did or didn't do, or how long the church has been around, or you know, what is provable history versus again, what is an article of faith, They're not necessarily the same thing, and it doesn't matter. I mean, there are people that you know, basically have a religion that was invented twenty years ago and claim that it's really an ancient religion, you know, and there's no record of it because the evil overlords, you know, deleted it from history until now. Much like you know, l Ron Hubbard wrote a science fiction novel about a guy who dumped a bunch of humans into volcanoes and blew them up with nuclear weapons. And now those souls are walking around and some of them are us. That is reality to some people because they believe in it, right.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely, you know.
Speaker 1: Or you have magic underpants and the Christ figure visited America, and you know, weird things I.
Speaker 3: Never understood that we moved.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: We moved to Salt Lake City, which is, you know, Mormon capital of USA.
Speaker 1: I was trying and I was trying to move into the neighborhood. Yeah. I was trying not to mention specifically, but sorry, go ahead, Well.
Speaker 2: I'm doing truid.
Speaker 3: I won't mention it because that's something I could never figure out the purpose of the Holy underwear. I never got my friend I would go I had a friend that was Catholic. I would go to Mass with him. We went to the Lutheran Church, and then I would also go to some of the services that another friend of mine who was Mormon, and he was explaining this stuff, and uh, finally we got you know, got a Book of Mormon and I was able to read it, and.
Speaker 2: I asked him.
Speaker 3: He could not answer the question, what's the purpose of the Holy underwear? I didn't your temple garment or whatever the hell they call it.
Speaker 2: And he's got nobody could ever make that make sense to me?
Speaker 3: What difference does it make when you wearing fruit of loom or whatever's approved by the church.
Speaker 1: Well, and did fruit of loom exist with the cornucopia? Because Andela Effect too, by the way, you know, sorry, I had to throw it in.
Speaker 2: Well, you got to get up the speed on this Garth Brooks Tha. I fell in the other night.
Speaker 3: I was up late, couldn't sleep, and I started looking at these YouTube videos and I.
Speaker 2: Started falling through a rabbit hole. It's pretty interesting what they've come up with.
Speaker 1: Okay, fill me in, go ahead, all right.
Speaker 3: Back in the eighties, you know, Garth Brooks grew up Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: And rodeo was a big thing.
Speaker 3: He was friends with Chrys LaDou, who was a music artist that was also a BRONC writer.
Speaker 2: And all or bull writer bull writer.
Speaker 3: Anyway, somebody asked him one time if he would ride a bull for charity, and he made the comment, I'd rather kill somebody, meaning, you know, going to prison the rest of your life at all be better than riding the band bull. Well years later, Tom Segurrow, the comic, had some bit where he was talking about Garth Brooks and he says, you know that guy has got a serial killer smile, and he did this bit on it and I've been trying to find the original video.
Speaker 2: I haven't found it yet.
Speaker 3: Well, from there, things took off on the Internet, So people started taking Garth, you know, when he first was starting out and he got his his deal record deal and all he did a lot of traveling to state fairs and would perform at the state fairs. So they started looking at all of his appearances on tour and so far this one guy with a couple of researchers have pegged on They say one hundred and twenty missing persons and ninety unsolved thomisides that corus spawn to the very close proximity to wherever Garth Brooks was touring. And they've done this over the years, and supposedly he's got a bunch of bodies buried under the floors of his house there outside of Nashville, where he bought a bunch of property, built this humongous house. But it's just strange how they're trying to connect this thing.
Speaker 2: And it's gotten so bad that whenever.
Speaker 3: Garth posts on social media, people are always leaving the comments and there, where's the body's guard?
Speaker 2: Tell us guards, where's the bodies.
Speaker 1: It's become this huge thing.
Speaker 2: But they've been able to correlate two hundred missing persons are homicides just with the little bit of research that.
Speaker 3: They've done and they're still looking into it see if they can expand the number.
Speaker 1: Well I barely know what to say there. I mean, it wasn't Garth Brooks actually different personality in public at one point, like a whole other wasn't he like was it Chris Gaines or whatever? He was a different artist And no.
Speaker 3: He came out well no, he came out with an album. He was going to they were going to do this movie, and he came out with an album as an alter ego.
Speaker 1: His name was.
Speaker 3: Chris Gaines and he had his hair kind of coming straight down, you know, I guess partial beard growth and eyed mask era and stuff like that, and that was his alter ego.
Speaker 2: But he was it was his rock music alter ego.
Speaker 5: And that feeds into the theory too that Garth is touring and this alter ego of Chris Gaines is the ones that's committing the murders.
Speaker 4: Oh it's really.
Speaker 2: You got it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Well okay, well that's a new one on me. I wasn't aware of it, but why not, right, because you know what it is? The fascination with the recent Dexter TV series has given people a resurgence in this you know, intricate, you know, double life, triple life, you know, living different lives with different people scenarios. That sort of thing has always been popular. But I think maybe maybe it's the Dexter resurrection has sort of stoked this. But how long has this been going on for? I'm totally unaware of this particular subcultural thing happening.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know it Dexter.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering, would Dexter have ever come along if Breaking Bad hadn't have been there first? And what was the other program to spin off of that? Let's call Saul better, call Saul, right, you know that kind of black yeah, black drama humor. I'm wondering, you know, did they did someone who'd come up with Dexter go, Hey, now's the time to put it out there, because you know, somebody had been sitting on that idea for a while.
Speaker 1: I got to figure out whether which one friend of the neighborhood. Yeah, I got to figure out which one existed first. I mean, I gotta I gotta go. I'm gonna go check it out.
Speaker 2: Breaking Bad was out before Dexter.
Speaker 1: I think that's what I want to check because it seems. I don't know. It's confusing to me. I'm not sure because I got I only paid attention to these things like after their initial runs, and uh yeah, somebody had to convince me to watch Breaking Bad. Because I'm always against the most popular thing. It's like, oh, it's super popular. That means a great many people like it, and that guarantees that it entertains a lot of morons. So I'm generally resistant to getting in to what's moronic because it's like a certainty when things are popular, they're often moronic. What can I say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never was able.
Speaker 3: I watched a few episodes of Breaking Bad, kind of kind of like the high points whenever something happened, and then, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I watched the end of it.
Speaker 3: I was over somewhere and they were watching it because it was the last episode. Let's see, it came out in January of two thousand and a.
Speaker 2: Let's look at Dexter.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And Dexter two thousand and six. Really, so Dexter was out first.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking. You were wrong. I didn't want to say it because I wasn't certain, but I was.
Speaker 3: I see, I never heard of Dexter until until on his own showtime.
Speaker 1: That's why. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They started October October of two thousand and six. Wow, so a year and a half before Breaking Bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now Breaking Bed was what was the big zombie thing that was The Walking Dead?
Speaker 2: When did that start?
Speaker 1: Well that there's another interesting one. I think probably around twenty twelve, like right around the time of somewhere in there. I'm guessing I'm not looking at it, but you could take a look, and.
Speaker 2: I probably walking did was I come on.
Speaker 1: Come on, it's got to be around the time of the Mayan calendar idea being popular. Okay, so a little head of the Mayan calendar when people were panicking about it coming up twenty ten. Okay, yeah, see that. He'd be amazed when certain, you know things, you think, because they become popular, people are talking about them more, people think, oh, they suddenly exist. Now it's it's a weird thing.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've seen showtime in thirty years.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but then again, you know, and that's a factor here where The Walking Dead and The Breaking Bad they were both on AMC you know, so they were both on a basic cable channel there for a bit, so more people had that than had HBO or Showtime. Showtime actually did one of the best limited series I've ever seen, and I think it's only had two seasons and they have not even threatened to bring it back. And it was called Counterpart, and it had that what JK. Simmons was like the lead actor in it. You ever see that one?
Speaker 2: No, I don't believe. So there's a lot of those like that I've never even heard of. There was another one.
Speaker 3: I can't think of the name, had a guy that was just deadpaan dry humor.
Speaker 1: In our chat room. By the way, Chris had said ahead of one of us looking things up that Dexter came before Breaking Bad. But also he said that the Chris Gaines thing wasn't rock really. See, it gets weird when people start calling certain things rock, but Chris Gaines was more of a pop thing. And I do recall it kind of flopped. It did not go well. But it's also not a super original idea. If you remember, there was a phenomena before Internet times called Eddie and the Cruisers, and Eddie and the Cruisers was a big deal, right the first movie and all they did a sequel. There was an album out there called Eddie and the Cruisers. It was the soundtrack of the movie. But the truth is a band from New Jersey and fronted by a guy named John Cafferty. John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band were actually the musicians performing the Eddie and the Cruisers music. Now, they used it in the movie and they showed you actors. I forget who they were, but some of them, pretty famous and well known at different points, were involved in Eddie and the Cruisers. And I'm just you know, off the top of my head not using specific names. I probably sound like an idiot, but they made a whole movie in a phenomena with a band that wasn't real but had real musicians behind it, you know, sort of like what they did with The Monkeys, where they didn't know how to play their instruments at the beginning, and then they had to learn to play their instruments when they went on tour, right literally at one point, with Jimmy Hendrick's opening for them, which is a weird situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 3: It's kind of strange now, you know, I grew up. That was one of the first albums I ever bought back in let's say sixty six.
Speaker 2: I think it was here Come the Monkeys.
Speaker 1: Monkeys.
Speaker 3: But it's strange how Peter Tork in that group was an actual musician and the people that he hung out with there in California is amazing. I mean, you've got the Yardbirds, members of that. You've got of course, you know, cross By, Stills and Nash, they're all hanging out in non a nice little community out there in the hills.
Speaker 2: A Linda Ronstadt was a cass Elliott.
Speaker 1: It's funny you call that. They were all just one big group out there. Yeah, you call that a nice little community in the hills and whatever. But these little clutches of musicians and subcultures that ends up banging into the Manson family and all kinds of weirdness and all the military intelligence operators. I mean, like Jim Marrison for example, was the son of a military intelligence guy. Pretty high up. Actually, you know, the guys from the doors and all that. It's pretty interesting.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And if you take that, I well, if you take a look at some of the work of certain writers they got, you know, what is it strange stories from inside the Canyon.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: There was a guy that was really popular in conspiracy culture passed away now. Dave McGowan wrote that, uh, and that's about, you know, some pretty interesting stuff and weird coincidences and overlaps and stuff like that. Funny thing about the Monkeys to me is that not only did they have that time period where they had to learn to be musicians so they could actually go out and do their own TV shows, you know, stick live somewhere, but also they had a resurgence where their popularity jumped again into pop culture in the nineteen eighties at a weird time. And why because Nick at Knight started running old TV shows and one of them was The Monkeys. We got calls, so I'm going to go to them and try and shut up. But I always find it interesting the cycle of what is popular and what is allegedly culture and when they come together and collide and create pop culture is almost scary. You what's China?
Speaker 2: Do you remember the banana slits?
Speaker 1: Of course, but again another joke. You know, there's a lot I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if they were before your time or not, because there's an age difference between us.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, But the thing is everything that you saw as a kid, or everything even your parents could have watched on TV earlier, right, all came back. You know, I was watching Rocky and Bullwinkle at a certain point that's not even from our era. That's like post World War two entertaining kids on a nineteen fifty TV, you know what I mean, Rocky and Bullwinkle, and that's had different resurgences, right, and yeah, it's kind of hard to beat the original comic though, well okay, but that was Rocky.
Speaker 3: And bull Eagle was excellent because they you know, they broke it down into you had the fractured fairy tales and you had the what was the other shorts that they would have in there?
Speaker 2: Fractioned fairy Tales used to just healed me.
Speaker 1: I have it hilarious Sherman and mister Peabody and uh yeah remember the time Let's go travel through Time, mister Peabody, you know right, and the little kid Sherman. Yeah, that was another thing. Anyway, what Secret Squirrel I think was part of that anyhow, whole little subgenre. And you know, again, how many generations, you know, until this one now kind of had all sorts of bugs Bunny and the Looney Tunes. And here we go again with Mandela stuff. Anyway, let me shut up and get to a caller, because I'm not sure long how long he's been on hold. And believe me, I'm tired of talking. And no, I don't think my voice is very sexy. Private messager that said I got to you know, sound like I'm putting on my second see boys, or I'm trying to do my nature boy impression. I'm not. I'm forcing my uh my vocals very carefully so that I can speak, but my throat hurts like hell and it might give out at some point here. Anyway, let's get to the caller. Uh and I think if I can, if I'm reading this correctly, it's Danny in California. Uh and and this time I didn't mix him up with Chris. So there we go. Danny, h you should be live. Let's see.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me. I'm getting the feedback.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you're getting some kind of feedback, but uh go.
Speaker 4: Ahead, Okay, well let me see. Okay, that's better. Speaker just coming back. Yeah, I'm on speaker. Let me get off the speaker. Let's see if this works.
Speaker 6: Let me see it.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry about.
Speaker 1: This, no, no problem, believe me, we've had worse issues.
Speaker 4: With pok okay, okay, okay, wow, yeah, okay, I got off speaking. I think this is better. Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry, voice is not feeling all that well. It was interesting you were talking about a lot of these TV shows. BP and I are the same age of the rocking and bowling cool and all those cartoons bring back upond memories. And I never watched Dexter, but it did come late to the game to Breaking Band, and I powered myself to watch that whole series that was really dark. I thought Better Call Saul was a much better program than Breaking Bad in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Well, what's funny is if you think, if you think Breaking Bad is dark, Danny, the premise of Dexter, which by the way, they've had various incarnations of that show now is you know, no, no big spoiler here. Dexter is a serial killer who successfully oh she's murders mostly other killers, uh, living by a code where he just is like an implement of justice to satisfy his dark urge to murder. So which which is darker that or the guy making meth right? I mean, just premise wise, you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, well, you know, like I said, I Powered to Death just left me always with sad feelings, and I was like, when is this strow going to end? And I did think the ending was appropriate, as is Walter Wright's laying there on the ground and they start playing I got what I deserved. If that made sense.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah. And this this latest Dexter Resurrection, if you have access to it through one of your streamers or whatever, I do recommend it because it's pretty wild, and it's in the backdrop you know it's staged or takes place I should say, in New York, which you'd almost think there's no reason for that if you saw the previous seasons. And also Dexter is supposed to have been killed off as a character at the end of two different seasons, because there's been Dexter and then there was Dexter New Blood, and then there was Dexter Original Sin. And now we have again another series, Dexter Resurrection, and it's been by popular demand. People keep asking for it to come back, and there's a serious, strong fan base. But to me, I find it fascinating because I, you know, enjoyed studying serial killers at one point thought myself to maybe someday be a profile or even which you know, when I was a kid, you know, one of those child Yeah, other kids wanted to be fireman, unlike I'd like to be an FBI profiler.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had thoughts question.
Speaker 3: Question, have they had a different actor playing the part of Dexter. Has it been Dexter through all of the series or is it like a new character when they come out with another series.
Speaker 1: No, most of the time, it's Michael Seahall, the same actor most of the time, except when they go back in time and he's a kid or whatever. You know.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, so he's been playing it all the way through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dexter is the same guy all the way through, even though at one point he impersonates another guy, you know, takes on a different identity. But it's still Dexter Morgan that we started with from you know, episode one, season one of Just Dexter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, which is really fascinating too, because those times they would have rebooted it or you know, or reclaimed it, or come up with a new actor or you know, now it's Dexter's brother whatever. They would have done that normally in a TV show, but somehow Michael C. Hall has maintained this role now since what did you say came out in twenty ten Dexter or something like that, two thousand and six, two thousand and six. Sorry, it was really so for somebody to do this for twenty years now has some pretty impressive you know, spreading out a role for TV series one, two, three, four of them separately. Let me see Regular Dexter, Resurrection, new Blood, Original Sin, and so there's been what four different series that you know are all connected to the Dexter universe of serial killings.
Speaker 3: Oh, I understand is coming back or has just started this season? I think so maybe this will be the fifth season. Well, no, this is a fifth series. No, no, no, this is a season two. The resurrection is now scheduled. Now they just finished season one, you know, airing it or releasing it. I didn't see the last episode or the last couple episodes, but I am following the storyline through reviews and things, which which is fascinating.
Speaker 1: But I'm kind of sad that when I lost certain well accesses, I had access to the showtime stuff and now I don't. I was kind of sad because I missed the last couple episodes of this season, which just concluded pretty wild, you know. But anyway, sorry, Danny, you were saying something else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, I never I never watched an episode of it. I know i'd have to maybe maybe eventually, when I have the time, maybe I'll check it out.
Speaker 6: The series.
Speaker 4: I just I just know I watched Breaking Bad and that just left. That was a dark, dark show. I thought Better Call Salt was a little better. It was just a tad bit lighter, and it kind of puts some of the pieces together to kind of build up to what Breaking Bad was all about.
Speaker 6: But you're talking about you want to be an.
Speaker 4: FBI profilers or a seerical ful profiler kind of reminds me of the Fox Molder character, because he was that's what his role was originally with fis A, not just the X Files, but as a profiler to serial killers.
Speaker 1: I mean, full disclosure, all the way up to two thousand and two, I mean I had even applied for a job with the NSA to be a signals analyst. I had ideas about, you know, making my living as an analyst one way or another, you know, And so now I'm just a media analyst, you know, independent and not really you know, doing it as what anybody would probably call a career, but it has been my devoted activity now for years, regardless of podcast universe, et cetera. Uh So, I've always been an analyst. I like to analyze things and figure out what's going on, uh, entirely in a circumstance among people, among you know, things which are not readily self evident to everybody else. I enjoy that, so, you know, weird little insight into me. I mean, and I always found Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad and Better Call Sault, which I haven't watched all of Better Call Saul, but uh, I find those things to be extremely funny. They're comedic, they're they're they're comedies. To me, they're hilarious. Uh as far as I'm.
Speaker 4: Concerned, there was it was a it was a mix. It was a mix of some.
Speaker 6: Humor and darkness.
Speaker 4: I think Better Call Saul actually had some better humor just just for my liking. I just sometimes I was like, with Breaking Bad, I'm like, what's the point. This is just so dark? And I wanted it to end.
Speaker 6: We're baking Breaking were.
Speaker 4: Better Called Saul. It was more intrigued by kind of what it was concluding to the end, if that makes sense, Like we're breaking bad I just wanted to end, so I.
Speaker 6: Was done with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, better called Saul. I just enjoined it better well.
Speaker 1: Saul Goodman as a character is a you know, is a joke within a joke, and a morally vacant lawyer who makes basically no bones about being you know, uh scrupulous, unscrupulous at all times and just about getting a job done, you know, working within the system, but really being you know, there's a difference between being a criminal lawyer and a criminal lawyer U And even the fact that his name is Saul good Man, you know, is just hilarious. I mean there's just jokes built on top of jokes, which I love that where there's multiple layers of jokes where no matter how sophisticated you are, no matter how you dig up and you know, break it down, you can continuously find different layers of joke or you can just take the surface level of it and run with it. I like stuff like that. That's why I enjoy Star Trek, you know, same reason. And you know it's funny because the Star Trek thing, even when you're saying it's dark and it gets, you know, kind of sadistic, and its presentation. There's a humor to that which which I've always found to be the prevailing, you know, characteristic. It's it and the Star Trek. Thing's funny because in a recent episode there was this whole discussion about sometimes, you know, things go so badly that you just have to laugh. You know. It reminds me of that line from the Kiss song. You know, I got to laugh because I know I'm going to die. You know, like tragedy and disaster can become humorous when it's excessive and you know, relentless and repetitive, which is I guess where I find the dark humor. Some people would call it in stuff like that, and it's the humor that is the strongest and most obvious thing there.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Other people would say, oh, it's very violent, you know, it's very very violent, and the violence is like, you know, it's TV violence, it's not most of it not very realistic, right, So it's like a cartoon. It's like, you know, when Tom and Jerry are beating each other over the head with anvils, you know, which would crush a cat and kill it. You know, this guy gets a lump on his head and Birdie's fly around his face. I mean, that to me is what I'm looking at. Except it's not you know, drawn cartoons. It's people train cartoons on TV when I see violence like that, So it's disconnected to me. And some people would say I'm overly desensitized or whatever, but again I've always found it like it's in the way you take it. You know, you could see that as oh my god, that's stark, raving, insane, terrible, horrible, dark violence. But somebody who's lived some violence might know that's a joke. That's not the way things work. That's ridiculous. That's as stupid as dropping a thousand pounds andvil on a cat. You know, the cat doesn't survive to get pissed off at the mouse. The cat is dead if it's hit with an anvil like that. You know, Tom and Jerry, like I said, it's like human beings doing Tom and Jerry as far as I'm concerned when it comes to stuff like that, and better call Saul is more on the nose with the humor, I think from what I've seen of it. But it's loaded, and to me, you know, it's a little more clever too, because of the character. The character's more nuanced than the guy who you know, I'm the suburban science teacher and I know the best way to make meth and now I'm Heisenberg, you know, Like, to me's hilarious the fact that this guy's now, you know, suburban tough guy from a science teacher because he couldn't pay for his cancer treatments, you know. And he's got the clueless wife who is you know, sometimes along for the ride and other times, you know, playing the morally outraged, aggrieved woman. And this guy can't win no matter how brilliant he is. And you know, he's got the brother in law that's an FBI agent. I mean, how do you not see the comedy and all that. You know, it's like the Keystone Cops. You know, like if you actually saw that in real life, you'd be like, what the hell's going on? But you could laugh at a bunch of cops trying to chase one hapless criminal who can't even stay on his feet himself, and twenty of them can't catch him. You know, it's hilarious. I don't know, maybybe it's just me stuff, you know, but.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it's it's yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, it's kind of like, you know, we enjoyed the society enjoyed the three stoogeos, and you.
Speaker 6: Know they were beating, beating the hell.
Speaker 4: Out of each other, you know, most smacked everybody around m hm.
Speaker 1: Exactly. And it's like people getting particularly outraged over South Park is picking on you know, Trump now, but they didn't for like ten years hardly, you know, in comparison to other people they picked on, and they take a swing at everybody, and I do mean everybody, which you know, to me, it's like even when they took personal swings and people like me that were involved in certain things, I found it funny because there was just all of this you know, meta theater of the absurd they used to call it in you know, when I took acting classes, theeedar of the absurd. You know, right now their most racist and misogynistic, homophobic, whatever, all the things wrapped into one. Like Archie bunker On Crack character right now is mad as hell at almost everybody because he can't out racist the racists around him, and he's mad like they took his lane away from him and he's angry that wait a minute. You know, other people are hating on the Jews. That's my job, you know, like it continues to stack itself upon itself, and I find that to be ludicrous. I mean it's absurd, and that's what it is. There's comedy and absurdity, whether it's violence, or it's you know, negativity, or it's overblown positivity, you know, or people being naive on top of naive. It's it's hilarious when you dog pile and then you throw extra dog piles on the dog pile. To me, I find it funny. You know, I don't. Maybe again it's just me, but go ahead.
Speaker 6: No, no, I get it.
Speaker 4: I mean I enjoy comedy.
Speaker 6: I had to you.
Speaker 4: My son was always a clown. He was a class clown, and he just he just always found the humor and everything.
Speaker 6: In one way or another, and it kind of lightened things up.
Speaker 4: I think that some of it's healthy and then some of it can be unhealthy.
Speaker 6: Unhealthy.
Speaker 4: I mean, you were talking a lot about it. I really did enjoy your little bit of change of subject because you talked.
Speaker 6: About your dunning cougar.
Speaker 4: Cougar is psychology, but you know, the dunning that really reminded me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, the Dunning Kruger in Fact nine psychology. Yeah, that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I enjoyed that, and it kind of reminds you know, then you did the news staff too. I'm not really much into Alex Jones. I just never found him. I just don't find him fascinating. And I found his whole stick, you know, from Sandy Look and he basically just said, hey, I'm a performance actor. I mean, so you can't take him serious about anything, and I've just found he's just an act.
Speaker 1: Well, in fairness, he called himself a performance artist, or his lawyers called him a performance artist. When he was, you know, in the midst of a court battle with his soon to be ex wife and it was over custody, and she was talking about, look at the crazy things he says on air, and look at how they don't fit with you know, the real world. He's delusional and he's delusional in public, and that's bad for our kids, and I should have custody, the woman was saying. And his lawyer's defense was, well, he's actually just a performance artist, So what are you getting so upset about? You know. So, you know, again, just like when Fox News got sued and their lawyers said, well, we're an entertainment company. You know, it's a legal defense to deflect from what are you doing? And it is what it is. But I look at that equally. And the reason why I brought up the Alex Jones thing and did that analyzation and really I got cut off somehow before I got to finish, was because this guy's been doing the same thing to his you know, his cohorts, the people that work with him, the people that he rises up in his organization. Eventually he casts them out and they're pieces of garbage and he blacklists them and tries to ruin anything they do in the future. And he's done that ever since. A guy named Jack Blood was on his network with him and was as popular as he was in the early days, and he brought up David Knight again for no reason. David Knight's a good guy generally speaking, and you know, he's got his conservative viewpoints and he's mister patriot, and you know he does his podcast in a suit, you know nowadays, but he was part of the inprot Wars teame at one point, wasn't he. And he brought him up as another backstabber, you know, in the midst of one of his rants, which I found funny because that's many years ago. Now David Knight left. But this is a repeated pattern where he cuts people loose and you know, they were his brother a week ago and now they're you know, narcissistic pos and garbage that needs to be you know, ignored because they have no no morals, no standards, and they were no good. But while they were with him, they were great, you know, and that's what.
Speaker 3: I just had somebody else leave him and he's going that now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: One of the shows I did this week. Owen or Schroyer or whatever I am. Yeah, Owen shroy Yeah, who has now gone out and done what all these guys do, which is, hey, let me raise money from my own independent platform and they ride off of their popularity they had on Info Wars and kind of sad that a guy like Jack Blood couldn't do that in you know, the early two thousands, right, because these guys in the newer media landscape can do that now independently launched themselves boom, so now they do. You know, David Knight has his popularity, it's not as big as it could have been. But if he had waited a little while in the age of social media and Alex Jones being elevated because you know, he's legitimately connected to the President of the United States, he could have gotten a much better launch and probably a lot more money for his home studio. Oh and a lot more support to launch his podcast and his own thing if David had come out of there now. But David left years ago because he just disagreed, and he tried to do it in a classy way. And it's funny that he's still being evoked as a backstammer when Jones is in the middle of rants. So that's what I was trying to show people, is that it's not about you know, the information or this guy. I'm not even a fan of this Owen Stroyer or Stroyer or whatever his name is. He's just another guy with a beard who's you know, a bit younger, who has his you know, who has his patriot persona that he sells. And there's a lot of guys out there that do that, just like there's a lot of these weird lefties that are out there, like, you know, whining about everything and it's like, oh, you have to support my podcast because left wingers are so attacked. And meanwhile, you know, I've been doing this for so long. It's been three years and I've been on YouTube all this time, and I only have two hundred thousand subscribers. And yeah, yeah, Like this guy was getting about three hundred grand a year and AJ even tried saying, you know, he's gotten eighty thousand dollars worth of raises since twenty nineteen, but he was saying that he wasn't getting enough money to keep up with the cost of living. Now was it commensurate with the massive operation and his contributions. I mean, that's for him and his employer to negotiate, But I find it weird. Like I said, just like that guy was, you know, like, oh, I didn't notice one hundred and fifty thousand dollars I got from Russian oligarchs to request a podcast because you know, it just it was only one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Okay, if that's where you're at, cool, But what does that tell you about what he's got? If one hundred and fifty thousand dollars, it's like, eh, take it or leave it. Oh, by the way I sent it back, no big deal. Well, that gives you an idea the size of their operation, you know. That's all I was trying to say, is look at the size of operation and how they can be split off, and how it's always the same whether he was on public Access TV and a dozen radio stations, or if he's a worldwide phenomenon with dual broadcasting and you know, live twenty four to seven on the Internet and everything's an emergency broadcast because he's got insider information and connection to Donald Trump, it doesn't matter the guy behaves the same way. That was my point. But probably people missed it all right, anyway, that's why I did that. You probably didn't.
Speaker 7: Listen to it.
Speaker 4: I got that part. It just kind of reminded me. Even in you know, that's kind of like a big, big circle, but even in small circles, people always It's just something societal human nature. We have a pecking order. If you get on the top, you got to peck on those that are down below. I've seen that in small scale, large.
Speaker 1: Scale, but again, like around the turn of the century, right, A guy that I ended up working with later at American Freedom radio. His whole network is everything he had. He was one of the guys that was blacklisted in the early days of Alex Jones when he went out of his way to destroy other people looking for employment once they parted company with him, Danny Romero, and you know, I'm just saying I've known some of these guys who were outcast from the Info Wars universe over the years, and I find it funny that the strategy remains the same, the attitude, and the behavior remains the same, regardless of whether you know he's literally doing money bombs with everybody and begging for five dollars donations, or he's so well funded that I think he can absorb the Sandy Hook lawsuits given the amount of money that he have.
Speaker 4: I'm shocked. Yeah, I'm just shocked he's able to have such a platform even after the Sandy Hook. I mean, to me, just was morally iveryvncible in his behavior. So that's why I'm no fanom of Jones.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, put aside his behavior or your judgments, just take a look at the fact that he's been given the blessing. You know, I'm not part of the establishment media. Well, You've been established for a quarter century at least as a massive broadcast to talk to yourself. So what are you You know, you're not struggling like me to have a voice that doesn't comport with a big, giant gang. So what are you outside of exactly? You know CNN calls you up to get commentary on the President. Now you know they call you at the BBC. You're broadcast across the world, supported by the tech industry, supported by massive donors, supported by the President who was showing up on his show almost on demand. I wanted to talk to the President about it. And every day is a panic attack emergency broadcast, Like even right now, if I go to X, I guarantee you I haven't look. Let's look, he's having some emergency mel down on his broadcast all day today. Probably let's see Alex Jones. Okay, literally, this is what it says live on X. The two things that they want to show me live on X. At the top of the list, Alex Jones is hosting Friday emergency broadcast, Trump announces plan two do something. I can't see all of it. And then the second choice up here Alex Jones Network, which is apparently a dual broadcast, with the first one live instead of Friday Emergency broadcast. The first word is live emergency broadcast. Trump announces plan two dot dot. Now, let's see if I click on it, it'll probably give me the rest of the sentence. Or maybe not. Oh, I can't see the rest of the sentence. Come on, why not show me? Show me the full right, I'm trying to see the full page. Maybe I got a double click on it. Okay, here we go. Friday Emergency broadcast. Trump announced his plan to send troops to Poland as the specter of total war. As the specter of two total war nears, learn why Elon Musk was absent? Well, evil tech invaded the White House last night. Plus Venezuelan fighter Jed buzzes US Navy ship must watch. This is the Alex Jones show broadcast, which is going on on X right now.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, Chuck, I see I you know, I don't even follow out Jones. And guess what, I'm constantly non stop. Once he got back on X, He's been boosted. I always get these things live, live live. I've just always ignored it. I just don't have I just don't value any of his I don't find I just don't find him entertainment or informal. I just think he's full of it, you know, so that you're making the point that he's he's got this access so, you know, kind of reminds me of what Aaron Franz was kind of prophetic, you know about the dark technocracy, that there's just we're just feeding. There's there's a loop that where some people get boosted. They're just feeding this narrative of confusion.
Speaker 6: And people follow it.
Speaker 4: You know, they're I guess they're entertaining for others, but their points view, but they're they have them distracted to this message.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: It's the business of fear porn, you know, for people that want to remain in a heightened state of anxiety. He'll feed that for you. You want some anxiety, you want to panic attack, I got it for you. We're under siege, everybody's under siege. Trump is under attack. He's attacking others. Here we go. You know, I don't know anything about this issue of we're we're sending troops to Poland Now. I thought we were sending the National Guard to Chicago last time.
Speaker 4: Look, the first time I've heard of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well but.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. And like, yeah, like I said, I tuned in a couple of years ago just to kind of like randomly pop on his live stream at one point, and it was like, we're being invaded from the southern border right now. There's an invasion happening. And you know, there's some people say, well, there was an invasion happening, okay, but he's the guy who actually created that narrative. First, we're being invaded because of all the people crossing over the border. Now, people crossing over the border is a little different than an armed military you know, actually crossing into the United States in my mind, but not to others. So you know, here it is, and people say that that's you know, it's like a proxy attack from other countries the way they're sending there, and they're what are they doing. They're sending their criminals, They're sending their mental patients, right, That's what That's what the narrative is. Anyway, it's just amazing to me that he was doing that, you know, way before Trump and via Roger Stone. I feel like Trump learned how to pick up the fear porn paradigm. But look, I got to call up. I got Chris from Florida on the line, who's been waiting a while. I'd like to get to him real quick, Danny, I'm sorry, but hang on, I'll come back around to you.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, so Chris Florida and I didn't mix up your names this time. How you doing, man?
Speaker 4: I was gonna I'm doing good. I was gonna say, you got my name right?
Speaker 1: Thank god. Yeah, at least I can get that right while I'm struggling to speak. Right, that's it.
Speaker 8: Hey, if I wearing pennies, it'd be wet right now.
Speaker 4: Listen to you.
Speaker 1: See, you're the one who said privately to me, it's like my sexy voice, which is funny because there was a family guy up.
Speaker 4: I said, you giving up nature boy vibes? You know that thing going on?
Speaker 3: That's right, man, we can all remember back to the days when he and nature Boy used to have brocasms over show it.
Speaker 1: Brogasms. Wow, brogasm. There's a new term for me. I never heard that, brogasm.
Speaker 9: It sounds good. It's got a ring.
Speaker 1: Good at least kidding that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, where do I want to go?
Speaker 8: Sorry, didn't mean to test right, what the level of parental guidance for what the we want to maintain PG or they can venture adventure beyond.
Speaker 1: Hey, you go ahead with whatever you want. We don't do a m F anymore. But you know, let's try and be reasonable, right.
Speaker 4: All right, I guess all right, Well.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 8: You know, you guys talked about so many subjects such.
Speaker 4: A short period of time.
Speaker 8: You know, someone like making calling, you know when I hear something that you know, kind of he rings.
Speaker 9: My bell a little bit, and then then.
Speaker 8: You'd deviate, you know, ventured and talked about all these.
Speaker 4: Other different subjects. But it sounds the one.
Speaker 8: I mean, if you think that he actually was facing what what was the total fine? It was over a billion, I mean it was I think I think he faced the higher find them what Pfizer did back in the day, and I thought, and then I thought, yeah, he was much higher than Again, it's book the world record for the largest fine.
Speaker 4: Crypt.
Speaker 8: Now if you think that he actually was legitimately facing that fine and he's still in business, yeah he needed to rethink some things.
Speaker 1: Well, one point five billion is Alex Jones. But in fairness, the opioid thing was many more billions that they were being charge different companies depending on which one, you know, I should look at the Sackler combined penalties for context, I think.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you maybe, but regardless, I mean, if if he was actually facing that fine, and if that was a legitimate thing has asked for them speaking on the radio, they would have taken away, you.
Speaker 8: Know, any form of communication they got could have had. And it's as you know, as wars umbrella.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, as it sits right now. They're trying.
Speaker 3: The trustees are supposed to be going through with liquidating his assets to help offset the the UH.
Speaker 2: Lawsuit total.
Speaker 3: So that's his network, his studios, his name, the info War site, everything supposedly, and I forget how much they say it would pay off.
Speaker 2: Of the billion. It wasn't a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was a lot, but it wasn't compared to the totals some of the settlement or the judgment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just for context, Alex Jones combined penalties are supposed to be about one and a half billion altogether, and just Purdue Pharma in the opioid crisis, just Purdue, the Sacklers. The estimate is about seven point four billion that they're supposed to pay.
Speaker 2: So you know with a B billion.
Speaker 1: B all these numbers are billions one and a half billion, seven point four billion bats B as in boy, Yes.
Speaker 2: I've read something not long ago.
Speaker 3: Somebody is going back into court to try to hold the sacklers also financially responsible, not just Purdue Pharma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course. Well, I've got a few other callers that have now popped up, so I'd like to get to them real quick if we can, and try and get around everybody. I put Chris on hold because he was feeding back initially, but we have these other callers, so before we stray down that rabbit trail, let's grab everybody else and see what's up. Six one seven area code. Yes, Chris Craves, how are you doing? Hey, Chris?
Speaker 11: Do you guys think that Bill Cooper's family would.
Speaker 7: Ever have any kind of legal case against Alex Jones?
Speaker 1: And what I mean by that is a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Including Tucker Carlson.
Speaker 7: Carlson claimed that, you know, ale Alex was the one that predicted nine to eleven, and I have on tape that Bill Cooper predicted nine to eleven, like in June of two thousand and one.
Speaker 4: Do you think that I don't know if it's a legal basis.
Speaker 1: Or I really don't know, Like I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm what do you guys think.
Speaker 1: Well to go after like say, sue Alex Jones, I mean you got to present some sort of bill of damages? Right, So what is the damage that Jones did to Cooper? Exactly? Outside of what calling him a drunk and you know, stealing some of his ideas that were broadcast. What would be the damage exactly? Would you say that you know, he profited off of intellectual property theft or you know, is it slandering the guy and his legacy? What is the damage? Right? It's always the question with a lawsuit like that, what damages can you present? And then you gotta quantify them and put a dollar amount on them, don't you? So you know that process seems a little hard. What would be the basis for the Bill Cooper thing?
Speaker 6: No, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 12: I'm just I'll be honest. I'm just a big Bill Cooper fam and I think you're right. Just a quick question really wouldn't be a basis? Yeah, I mean and fair enough.
Speaker 1: I mean I talked about doing cartoon versions of you know, al media people and you know, creating cartoon podcasts years before these AI pop It's came out, and now people have you know, dogs doing their podcast, you know, voicing a dog puppet basically through AI doing their podcast. There's cartoons of Alex Jones with a tinfoil hat on, you know, saying that he's full of crap, and interviewing people and stuff like, basically doing the same thing that I was talking about doing, except my initial technology I saw was fish in a tank and we could all be fishing a tank with headphones and you know, microphones, and everybody's fish could kind of resemble the person. And people are basically doing that idea a hundred different ways right now, online and making a bank through shorts and all kinds of stuff out there. The matter of fact, there's even Puppet Regime, which is a bunch of muppet looking puppets of like Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump, President g and they've taken it a step further. There's a podcast running in Puppet Regime, My Totalitarian Life, which is co hosted by Jijing Ping and Vladimir Putin, right, and they talk about, you know, the life of a dictator. You know, well, of course, Ladimir, you always fix things by throwing people out a window because you're old school, you know, stuff like that going on, and you know.
Speaker 4: No, I think you're right now.
Speaker 7: I'm just going on, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Just knee jerk reaction, which.
Speaker 1: I got you, but I don't need no no, no, no problem. But you know, again there's this concept of okay, so they're entertainers too. That's the other thing that they always go to defense. Right, I'm an entertainer. I'm not a school teacher, and so therefore I do my thing for entertainment, and that way I'm not really responsible because entertainers, you know, display all kinds of things that are not necessarily real world and if somebody takes it seriously, well that's their fault. Right. That's the last line of defense, and a whole bunch of things when people come at him, and are they right or wrong, I'm not even judging, I'm just saying that's what happens. But Alex Jones, there's one hundred things that he's done to people intentionally, directly sabotaged people's projects who you know, split away from him over time, and nobody's been able to successfully sue him. Over that, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, and it's hilarious, you know again, because he's blessed now he's got you know, the dual thing. Even if they take away his name and he becomes broadcaster X and has to rename himself on air, you know, he'll still be Alex Jones, which is at the center of the Info Wars universe, which used to also have at the center something called prison Planet, but that's privately gone now, you know, quietly disappeared too, isn't it right because that actually belonged to an English guy before he joined and forces with Alex Jones.
Speaker 2: And I did not know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's funny because even the guys from like we are.
Speaker 7: Changing back on the way back machining and get the articles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. And the other funny thing is like like people who are like still carrying the we are changed name and stuff like that are like out there going, Hey, I worked with Alex Jones, and yeah, Alex is difficult to work with. And I don't want to take sides because I respect Alex Jones, you know, even though this guy was directly screwed over by him and cheated and everything else. Most people won't even challenge them, even if they've been abused in their you know, media pursuits by the guy. So it is what it is. I'm just saying. It's it's fascinating to be in a privileged position. And I think somehow or other he'll be able to absorb and pay off that, you know, even if they make him pay one and a half billion dollars, which on appeal, he probably won't even pay the whole thing. And they are going through the process of appealing and everything else. And there was that weird incident where the Onion took over the info Wars website for like a week and they put up Onion stories and Onion front page. But if you clicked on the product links for you know, support us, you were still sending money to Alex Jones, even when the Onion allegedly had control of it. So, you know, tell me what's what Really, they weren't selling Onion T shirts on there. They were still selling doctor Jones supplements, his father's shell company, you know, because his father's a dentist, so technically he's doctor Jones.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 7: His father was a dentist and like his cousins were all in the.
Speaker 13: CIA and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. He's made a lot of claims that his family came over on you know, the original I don't know, the Pint to the Maria or the Santa Maria or whatever. The he was one of the first, you know, the settlers on a ship in America. His family was. I don't know. I don't even know. I have no basis to challenge it. I'm just saying that it's pretty wild stories. And his father, who's a retired dentist, has a whole health supplement company, you know, yeah, you know, just saying that's what is and no judgment there. I would set up my family if I had a big, extensive business and I could do something like, you know, hey, let's set up a shell company and let my kids become health supplement salespeople, because you know that's worth multiple millions a year. Why not. I gave them a job a company and everything, boom, there you go, gift kids. Why not? And his son works for Info Wars now Rex Jones. You know, he's got his head shaved and he's a bulky looking dude like his dad. Clearly that's his dad, and you know. Just side note, Rex is the Latin word for king. But so king John.
Speaker 2: Wonders what his divorced settlement cost.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not entirely known, but I'll tell you his ex wife is still out there kind of bitching to some people who will have her as a guest. You know, if you'll think, I think she wants to be paid to be a guest now, but his ex wife is out there available. Yeah, yeah, she's one of those guests you got to pay for. There's a bunch of guests in the podcast universe that if you pay them, they will come, and she's one of them. I think that's that's the message I got anyway when I asked the interviewer. But anyhow, you know, and who knows, maybe maybe charge well, because I won't entertain that at all. I didn't ask. I know what RFK Junior used to charge. I know that because I got that figure right up front, you know. And I could have him appear somewhere if I, you know, paid for his travel and gave him twenty five grand, he'd show up anywhere. And John Barbara had the same experience. He was shocked. You know. I wanted you to talk about your father's assassination in public freely and he went, yeah, twenty five grand. You know, what can I do? People want to charge for their time. Time is money, but I'm not I can't participate in it. One but two, I wouldn't. I don't want to pay guests. You know, I don't think that's right. Uh, no, Chuck, I.
Speaker 4: Have to raise his questions. So I appreciate you taking my call.
Speaker 1: No, no problem, Chris. And you know, I really hope that things will work out for you better in the future. And I'm not sure where I'm going to be honest with you, but I'm struggling to hang on here as best I can. And who knows. You know. I hope that by the time you get your feet on the ground that I'll still be able to talk to you, but I don't know. So you know, stick around. I'll try and get you back. I'll try and get you back on the line. Uh. If you hang around. And I know we got guess who, Jimmy James, And I know he's been waiting a bit and I want to give him some time. What time is it, by the way, let's double check our clock. Oh, we got to about a half hour left before Aaron goes live. So, Jimmy, what's on your mind this week?
Speaker 2: Well you sound great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's me and Jimmy coughing at the same time. Anyway, go Jimmy, h.
Speaker 3: I had a.
Speaker 4: Couple that's on those shows you were mentioning them earlier.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: But first, it's.
Speaker 13: It's interesting Chris very because he said that sint quote that you did, and I.
Speaker 11: Send him a link that showed the original Chris who said it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Well okay, so.
Speaker 11: It really easy for me to find, which was really easy for me to find last.
Speaker 13: Time, Like I googled it and the pop right up Goebels and then I showed that.
Speaker 14: But now when I do.
Speaker 13: Google checks just about anything except that show, it's up.
Speaker 15: I'm wondering if.
Speaker 4: Chris Graves remembers said, Chris.
Speaker 13: Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know what I'll do where you you Yeah, you know what I'll do is I'll let everybody loose on the line at some point. But let me explain to somebody who might be just tuning into the show. I put up the the William Casey often let me put I'm gonna you on hold. Jimmy just because you're echoing back a little bit. But anyway, I'll put you right back on and just you in a minute. The William Casey quote that you know, we will have succeeded with our propaganda I'm sub I'm paraphrasing here, we'll have succeeded with our propaganda program when everything the American public believes is fake. That idea, that quote that's been out there attributed to you know, the head of the CIA, William Casey, well, a lot of people have quoted that. It's on many academic websites, et cetera, et cetera. But the truth is that that quote is not one hundred percent verifiable from the source. And Jimmy pointed that out because I used it in my show notes and I deleted it because he's right, it's not one hundred percent verifiable. However, there are various chains and claims on it that say that it is verifiable, and there are people that attributed it to Gebels, And quite honestly, I can't find that fully attributable to Gebels. I can't find that one hundred percent attributable to anybody. There are many quotes out there like that where it seems right, sounds right, and goes along with what people think, but we don't have an absolute certainty that this person wrote it or said it. So I just removed it and said, you know what, it's you know, questionable. It can be challenged. And if it were in an academic paper and I cited my source, even somebody might say my source is no good. And even given the fact that Barbara Honeager, who was in the Reagan administration, verified that Casey had said it because she was present when he said it, she says, and there was a reporter that reported it but didn't attribute it to Casey at the time. And these things are all, you know, connected, It's still a chain of hearsay. It's not the primary source putting out the quote. And even in the case of Gebels, you can't really find it. Now. People have made assertions and they've gotten to the top of the Google searches at different times, and assertions that it's true, assertions that it's false have been equally entertained over the course of time. So quite honestly, I can't definitively say that, you know, Bill Colby said this, So I removed it. That was going on at like four o'clock this morning with Jimmy, by the way, and I had trouble reading his initial email because I couldn't see it, and there was a little bit of an exchange about that it was blank when I looked at it. I showed him a screenshot of what I was looking at. But you know, it's just translation and problems and things like and this is what happens in the Internet age, by the way, is no matter what I mean, I saw a thing, you know how people have always said Hitler like dogs. There's people challenging that Hitler was a vegetarian. People have challenged that his doctors literally put into his diet, you know, animal products, so he couldn't have been a vegetarian. All kinds of stuff out there that people think is rock solid and has existed and is provable and has been proven. A lot of times you dig into it and the basis for it is not good or it's you know, attributed to the wrong person. Like there's a ton of what do you call it? Mark Twain quotes out there that nobody can find a source or an instance or recording or writing, but they attribute it to him. For good and bad reasons people do this. What can I say, even that quote that was attributed to a president who says, you know, oh, through inflation and deflation and this and that, and people point out he's using terms that weren't applicable at the time and had not been used at the time. You know, they didn't talk about inflation in our economy at that time, and supposedly, you know, one of the founding fathers said this. There's all kinds of stuff like this out there. So you know, we live in an age where, guess what, whether Colby said it or not, there is a standpoint about what is fake and what is not in the information sphere in general, and you can challenge, whether legitimately or not, or not challenge anything. So that's where I'm at with it. But I removed the Casey quote because I couldn't definitively prove he said it. So I agreed with Jimmy, yeah, that should be removed bank gun, And I wasn't going to attribute it to somebody else because there was all kinds of controversy about whether it was his, Gebels whoever's, And just because it's not at the top of your Google search, doesn't mean, it's not real either, Jimmy. But you know, then again, here we go. So you do the best you can, and I've done the best I can to give you, know, best information where I can. But yeah, the Casey quote, maybe he never said it at all? Anyways, did Jimmy. I want to give you another say about anything else, and then I'll turn everything loose. If you want to talk to Chris or whoever's on the line, I think we should take a quick break and then do that. But first I want to give you the last word for this segment.
Speaker 16: Yeah, mostly I was gonna.
Speaker 13: I heard you talk to them earlier about Better Call Saul.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I found that interesting because I've never actually seen the show or the other show what was the breakinking?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Spin off?
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Better Call sauls and spin Off and Breaking Bad? Good? Right?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 11: And I heard you guys talk about how there's kind of like a humor.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, mostly I said that, but you said right, well, I said that, yeah, but good.
Speaker 15: Well that makes.
Speaker 11: Sense, and like you said that, the lawyer's names mister Goodman see that.
Speaker 13: Well, I don't know these shows, but I know Bob.
Speaker 17: Odenkirk and uh he's of course well known comedic writer, is how he started.
Speaker 11: And I can't help but to wonder if he's hating some influence.
Speaker 15: On the writing, because you know, naming.
Speaker 13: The lawyer good Man, that's a class I guess and out trick.
Speaker 17: You always name your characters exactly.
Speaker 6: What they are.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not just it's not.
Speaker 13: Just sample like Cone has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not just, but it's not just good Man, right good Man, but literally Saul good Man, like as in, it's all good Man, you get it, saw Goodman, saw good Man. Yeah, so that's hilarious. That's like a whole phrase built into name saying.
Speaker 18: To me, it sounds like it's almost got I almost. My understanding was that he was pretty much highed as a street actor in the show.
Speaker 11: But I'm guessing he has to have something to do with the writing due to the comedic I mean, uh, that's his style. It's kind of dry in the background.
Speaker 2: It's you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 17: It's there, but it's normally in your face, and it's just a funny.
Speaker 15: Story about Bob olden Kirk.
Speaker 13: Of course, he started out as a Saturday night live writer.
Speaker 15: And he had he was always pushing this sketch that he can never get.
Speaker 13: On, and he ended up getting fired or whatever. Then he went on to other things, and then one week they just couldn't come up with a sketch.
Speaker 15: They needed a sketch.
Speaker 14: So they and they said, oh, let's use that crazy old sketch Bob Odenkirk wrote. And of course the sketch he wrote was banned out by the River Motivational Speaker's considered now probably the best sketch on SNL probably ever.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you were to vote at it, legendary Chris Farley doing that, right.
Speaker 19: Yeah, Oh, there's no doubt that he that was a big part of his commitment.
Speaker 13: I mean, he's so absurd, right.
Speaker 1: So anyway, Jimmy, I'm putting you on hold just for now. We're gonna take a very quick break and try and come back with say, like the last fifteen minutes of the show, beat Pete and I'm thinking about letting everybody cut loose and talk to each other. What do you think, Well, that sounds good to me, all right, so let's do that when we come back on the Friday night open mic. And of course I've talked more than I wanted to. But hey, we're almost up to ten pm when the Age of Transitions and Aaron Franz begins, and then of course eleven pm Eastern, Uncle, the podcast will be live here on Nochelly dot com Radio. But if you're hearing the podcast, you don't care. It's a different time and whatever. But it's really about eighteen minutes or so till ten pm Eastern hearing what we used to call there.
Speaker 4: As the.
Speaker 7: Under rule of brass Well boone fast fire, flow through everythase at least the pain.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, caller, I'm.
Speaker 9: The truth about the Jafa assassination.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, what do you want to know?
Speaker 11: Dy Baker's wild claim Oswald girlfriend, if he knew Ruby and Barry answer weapons.
Speaker 1: Really, I imagine I could claim I have four wheels. It doesn't make me a wagon.
Speaker 3: But okay, Oswal was on the building and trying to prevent the murder of John Kennedy.
Speaker 9: Come on now, has a.
Speaker 13: Real effort on the day of Hay assassination. Reclaim.
Speaker 1: Go to Amazon dot com enter Judith Baker in her own words. You'll get the results for a digital copy of a book where Walt Brown utilizes her own words and the known evidence in the case. To get at well a different perspective, Let's say you do youse expressed my caller stools, there anyone else who happens to get on the air or jelly dot com. Cod not necessarily reflect the views of Jelly dot com or job Jelly, and we are not responsible. We're getting stupid you, which might ensue like you.
Speaker 20: Do you like history, real history that you were never taught in schools. Why the Vietnam War Nuclear Bombs in nation Building in Southeast Asia by author Mike Swanson, with new documentation never seen before that'll open your eyes to events that led up to this. Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and nation Building in Southeast Asia nineteen forty five through nineteen sixty one. Get your copy today, Otilly dot Com.
Speaker 2: Relations conversation.
Speaker 1: You are, The effect is broken.
Speaker 21: Revelation, conversation, mustop your lives, show game fact revelation, devastation, relationship.
Speaker 2: Effect, the effect.
Speaker 20: Effect revelation through conversation.
Speaker 22: In denial, Secret Wars with air strikes and Tanks by Larry Hancock. Secret wars became a staple of US covert operations and are still happening today. Larry Hancock's book In Denial rips the cover off many of them, using new files. It exposes things about the Bay of Pigs that no one has ever written about before. It shows why it really failed and why the United States did not.
Speaker 1: Earn from it.
Speaker 23: It also shows why other countries today are doing secret operations with more success. This is the book that puts what some want to deny into the light. In Denial, secret wars with air strikes and tanks Hancock. For more information, go to Larry hyphen Handcock dot com. Pick up your copy of In.
Speaker 1: Denial at Amazon dot com in digital or physical form Sure Law here.
Speaker 24: The War State by Michael Swanson explains the great national transformation that took place and put the Kennedy presidency in the context of the times, and reveals never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis. President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state. Before World War II, the United States was a continental republic. In the decade that followed, it became an imperial superpower. Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to invade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island aren't with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers. Their invasion could have led to a Third World War, and they wanted to go to war anyway. The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why, and we'll show you what President Kennedy was up against. For more information, the War State, dot Com revel.
Speaker 4: Leg through Calm Sage.
Speaker 25: Yeah, the dot com radio network.
Speaker 26: Oh Chili dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey, be Pete, and I are back my voice barely, but hey, I drank a little tea, so maybe I got a little strength for the last few minutes. Be Pete, anything quickly you want to throw in before I open up all the lines and just let everybody talk to everybody else. What do you say, Yeah, that's fine, going alright, let's do it so in no particular order. I'm gonna open up all the lines, and I may mute you if you start feeding back, so that's all, and i'll unmute when you're not feeding back and do the best we can here. So there you go. Everybody's live. Chris, Jimmy, Danny, uh yeah, and Jimmy James. So, Jimmy, you had a question. Prepare sorry, Jimmy question.
Speaker 4: Chris Graves on the line.
Speaker 1: Okay, Danny has a question for Chris. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, hey, Chris, I think you would be really good about it if if you ever talk, you know, thought about doing.
Speaker 6: This idea for you.
Speaker 4: I've listened to your knowledge of especially of movies.
Speaker 6: And the genre of horror, you know, one of.
Speaker 4: My favorite TV shows of all time, and I've listened to podcasts and I think they're absolutely horrific.
Speaker 6: Is X Files you ever.
Speaker 4: Considered doing anything on the X File series because the the podcasts and they're they're absolutely they're awful.
Speaker 16: I have, Yeah, I have.
Speaker 27: Right now, I'm current, Like I uh, I say, right now, I'm pretty much homeless at the moment, but I definitely have a lot of opinions on the X Files.
Speaker 4: And throughout the years.
Speaker 7: I found out that probably a lot of people here already know this, but the CIA pretty much had the run of the mill when it came to the writer's room of Chris Carter's X Files team, including you know, the lone Gunmen, which had the the long Gunman pilot. Pretty much, I don't want to say nearer is nine to eleven, but it pretty much has a lot to.
Speaker 4: Do with.
Speaker 7: Flying planes, remote controlled planes into the World Trade Center to escalate a war with the Middle East. I mean, I think there's a lot there.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's just like maybe it's not.
Speaker 7: Quite that, maybe it's more of my imagination or whatever, but I can't I honestly think there's something to that. And yes, I looked into the X Files. I just I really don't have the capability right now in terms of technology and like a budget and get into it more. And I know where you're coming from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Danny, there was a guy out there who used to do something called the CIA in Hollywood, I think, and he was connected to somebody who I was working with. I think Pierce Redmond used to work with him. I don't know. It was Tom Secker. Tom Secker, that's what his name was. Yeah, he was out there. Oh, Chris from Florida might have hung up. I only muted you, Chris because you were echoing badly. Sorry, I was going to put you back on, but for me or I was from Florid. Chris from Florida.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'll mute myself.
Speaker 1: No, not you. It was Chris from Florida was echoing really bad, so yeah, so I muted him temporarily. I was going to put him back on, but he hung up, so I was just letting him know. I didn't mean to leave you on hold. I was just going to put you back on so he could speak. But while other people were speaking, you were echoing, so I just muted it in case people didn't know. Anyways. Yeah, but Tom Secker, I think, used to do the CIA in Hollywood and talk about, you know, the military advisors, the intelligence advisors to TV shows and movies. I think maybe I'm speaking out of turn here because I don't remember listening to much of it, but I think he used to work with Pierce Redman. Maybe somebody else remembers better than me, but I'm pretty sure that was Tom Secker if we look him up, Okay, we'll chuck uh uh.
Speaker 4: Name.
Speaker 7: Mcgallen went into a lot of that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, I mentioned Yeah. I mentioned David Gallen earlier too, when people were talking about the connections of musicians in Los Angeles and the sixties and all that. I said, well, of course, you know.
Speaker 7: But it went beyond that, It went into like production and films.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But I just mentioned him in the context of the musician connections and all that because McGowan was the first guy I remember doing a ton of work on that. Uh. And that was many years ago. Of course, Davis Gone. I just mentioned him because it was brought up independently about you know, music and the weird connections and you know, people all hanging out together in Cali. Uh. And I said, yeah, well, you know the Scenes Inside the Canyon book. I have the title butchered there, but nonetheless Dave McGowan had done that work.
Speaker 4: Scenes inside the Canyon.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, Uh, they always saw I bring that up.
Speaker 7: Is because even people like Joe Rogan are bringing him up and they they get the title.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well for me, I mean, it's just it's not at the top of my head right now. But I mean, h McGowan. You know, McGowan wrote some interesting stuff. I respect the work of Dave McGowan, I always have.
Speaker 26: Uh.
Speaker 1: And you know, it was unfortunate that I couldn't facilitate some work with him. I wanted to and couldn't get it done when he was alive, but he was also very sick by then. So you chuck, chuck.
Speaker 7: While I have you on the line, can I answer Jimmy James this question from the for.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely, I wanted you to good.
Speaker 7: Okay, Jimmy James, you were talking about Bill Casey, uh with the CIA. I don't know the exact quote, but I believe Bill Casey was the former CIA director that was found in a canoe with his food still like hot on the sofa, and I believe he talked to John DeCamp of the Franklin Scandal. John the Camp wrote the book on the Franklin Scandal. And uh, I don't want to I don't even want to paraphrase it, but I believe John de Camp was told by Bill Casey that anything that you thought horrible in terms of you know, child abuse or whatever, in terms of a blackmail, basically anything you couldn't imagine.
Speaker 4: Would be it would be the case in terms of.
Speaker 7: A blackmail. And uh, Bill Casey I believe was found in a canoe, uh far away from his dinner that was still like in a cabin.
Speaker 4: It was still or whatever.
Speaker 3: He was found on the water they found, but he didn't have his life jacket on and they found him in another location.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But okay, so you know what I'm talking about, Pete, Okay, all right, Yeah, but about that quote, That's all I wanted to say.
Speaker 1: That quote that's often cited is is what was an issue when uh and and I think he said that you had used it before too, about you know everything that you know, we'll know we succeeded when everything you know I'm paraphrasing too. Now, we'll know we succeeded when everything the American public believes is fake or whatever. That's got a weird lineage. Yeah, goes all the way back to May Brussell reporting the quote. A journalist at the Washington Post reporting the quote at the time but not attributing it to anybody, Barbara Honeger, who was in the administration at the time, said he said it.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't always trust eyewitness testimony, obviously, because it's one of the least reliable pieces of evidence you can get your hands on most of the time. But Barbara Honiger said it that that was Bill Casey who said it. That's one line you can trace for that quote. But at the same time, it's not a absolute, historically verifiable fact because we don't have us from the primary source him writing it, or recording of him saying it, or you know, various witnesses at the time stating that the guy said it. We don't have that. So, you know, just like I said, many quotes have been attributed to historical figures that are impossible. They're using terminology that didn't exist. They're they're saying things that there's no record of them saying. Uh, you know, positive and negative. They're across the board. So I removed it from my show. Notes. That's what it was that went on between me and Jimmy James at four in the morning. But he brought you up, Jimmy, what exactly you brought up because Chris had used that quote or whatever in a previous presentation. Is that what it was?
Speaker 13: I think we were just having a discussion in the chat.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry, you Look what it.
Speaker 11: Might be is what happens a lot of times, or sometimes people don't pay attention. A lot of times people are quoting other people and they missed that part and then could contribute it attribute it to the person they hear. It's like all these damned fools that actually believed that Goldwater came up on his own.
Speaker 13: The expression.
Speaker 28: Was extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, and moderation the pursuit of liberty is no virtue.
Speaker 13: And everyone said.
Speaker 15: Look, look, Cold Waters, he likes extremists and extremists. He was quoting Cicero from thousands of years ago. And they purposely let let that out, didn't report that because they well, they had their narrative. They wanted to take gold Water and this way instead of properly attributing the.
Speaker 1: Quote fair enough, Like I said, there are historical standards to applying a quote, and I did not follow them, so I removed it from my show notes. But I'm not the only one who's done this. You know. You go to the NAACP website right now. You can find that quote on a page, you know, which is titled let's see the spread of disinformation and how we respond at the NUBAC website. NUBACP website. Excuse me, they attribute this to William Casey in nineteen eighty one, will know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is fake. That's what it says. They are on their website. There are many people who have quoted this, but the truth is there is not a verifiable, historically sound source entirely for Casey's saying it. That's the whole Can I say this, Yeah, go ahead, I say this.
Speaker 7: That quote gets attributed to Bill Casey from the mid nineteen nineties for websites like disinfo dot com.
Speaker 1: Well there you go a lot of.
Speaker 7: These conspiracy sites that were like the wild Wests at the beginning of the Internet, and I that's where I.
Speaker 9: Got it from.
Speaker 1: Was he in pre Internet? You know? Like I said, May Brussell reported on this quote, and you know was reporting on it, and so did The Washington Post reporter said it was said at a meeting with the Reagan cabinet, you know, like I said, That's where the Barbara Honeger thing comes in, where she was present and says he said, But again, that's not enough to state that this is absolute fact. But there you go. I'm not the only one making that mistake, and that is a mistake if you're looking for absolute historical efficacy, you know. On the other hand, one could say, did William Casey believe this? I mean It's like that Rockefeller quote supposedly at a Builderberg meeting that he supposedly made right. People used that for years and years and they don't necessarily have a primary source for it. So anyway, look, we're overtime and Aaron Franz is supposed to get started, So I want to give everybody who's on the line a chance to throw in their final something. Go for it, beginning with let's see well Danny from California first, So go ahead.
Speaker 6: Danny, okay, quickly.
Speaker 4: It was interesting you brought up Barbara Honoker. I was just gonna stareing right here at my library and I have a book by her, October Surprise, which I have never read. It's just been sitting there because I've been reading other stuff.
Speaker 6: I go to.
Speaker 4: So maybe he's maybe in the not so just in future I might read it and see if I can get that quote. But thank everybody, thanks for let me uh join in. I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Everybody have a great evening, and may there.
Speaker 4: Be peace in the world.
Speaker 1: There you go, Thank you, Danny, and thank you for joining us this week. So Chris, your final word for the week.
Speaker 7: Just got to Chuck o'chelly the o'celly effect and my good friend Jimmy James, and thank you for having me on the call.
Speaker 1: Thank you well, appreciate that, Chris, appreciate you for joining. And I do have a feeling that very soon you'll be in a better position, and I do truly hope that you will appreciate you and hopefully you'll get back out there and do work again, and uh, you know, be in a better place very very soon, I hope. And you and I talked about that privately, and we'll leave it at that. You know, I wish I could help you myself. Indeed. Anyways, Jimmy Jay Sames, you got the final word among callers.
Speaker 6: And I had a good one already, forgot it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry about that. Any any kind of just general of parting the shot go ahead.
Speaker 16: Oh man, Yeah, it's a good show.
Speaker 14: Everyone, good one.
Speaker 16: Of a good weekend.
Speaker 1: And Pete there you go. Appreciate you, Jimmy, thank you be Pete. Go ahead and close this out and I'll play the outro and be done because I'm done talking for sure. And Aaron Franz is up next with the Age of Transitions here on Achelly dot Com.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad to do it another week thanks to well Danny and Jimmy and Chris and Chris were calling in and we will catch everybody next week.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and once again I want to thank everybody who's allowed us to continue and participate. I got to pay the streaming bill this week, and we'll keep the live thing going as long as it is possible and as long as I can still talk, that'll help too. But nonetheless, like I said, Aaron Franz is up next with the Age of Transitions here on the Live O'Kelly Effect. But if you're hearing the podcast, you don't care because it's over. I'm merely O'Kelly. All of you are the effect and this is not my sexy voice. Good Night,