Speaker 1: You like fantasy ball, sense talk chasm that I shall not me hear myself stops fans and they can't even count some of uniforcasom s rodo.
Speaker 2: You ain't better the health?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, several charges on everyone coming.
Speaker 1: Else and I'm alreadium to hear my baby sounds just like your name was Mark.
Speaker 3: And it's a ride by podcast. It's a rapop podcast.
Speaker 2: It's a rapp podcast.
Speaker 1: It's a ride bo podcast.
Speaker 2: It's a rap up podcast. Don't have a rap up podcast? Got a turn? It should rap bo podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome back. This is beat On. I am back from Europe. Across with me on the screen is the one the only fantasy master leth are you himself?
Speaker 3: Great? All bright? How's it going over there?
Speaker 2: Great? Since the last time you were in the States, I become the world's biggest soccer person. I'm a soccer I'm a soccer fan.
Speaker 3: Now, man, I only found a second sport I have. I you know, and you're calling it by the US name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, yeah, totally. Yeah. If I start saying football, I mean it's gonna be a little confusing. Okay, So I mean I understand the need for the different name. I mean, come on, let's be real here. I start going to football and we're gonna be like who you like. I can't even name a team. I don't Chargers, I don't know who's in Los Angeles. I don't know.
Speaker 3: But you know that's one of your teams that's gonna start, you know, one out of two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm uh so, first of all, my heart, my my heart and soul is uh is it was ripped out when uh Cabo Verde lost. I mean, god, man, I became the biggest cape Verde fan and then they go and lose. God, this is like this is it was heartbreaking, what a heartbreaking loss by Cabo Verde. And now I'm like rooting on Brazil and they lose to Norway. Oh it's like God, that's what they shouldn't have let giants into East Rutherford. And that's a that's as far as like that actually works for soccer and football and you know what I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Don't gray, but that's a that's okay, we can well, I'll just take you after word that it works for both. It is a little bit shocking Brazil loss, but hey, this is this is the World Cup some crazy stuff happens, and this one in particular, I was, I was with you.
Speaker 3: I wish Cape verdie one.
Speaker 1: Uh and in our baseball audience probably doesn't care about this at all. I was in Europe, Gray, I actually watched the Czech Republic game in person and then went to the Czech Republic. So that feels like a good transition from you know, watching them here to actually being there. But the Cubs apparently like it when I'm in Europe, Gray, because they went on a big winning streak for the last two weeks while I was gone, and as soon as I got back, we got smacked by the Cardinals. So I'm I'm officially gonna start to go fundme for Cubs Nation to move me to Europe officially, and then we will be you know, I would say the Yankees, but the Yankees don't win, so like a team that wins, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know who that would be, the Dodgers. I mean it would be the Dodgers. That's that's your winds now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Also, if if you're scoring at home, the Cubs start with the same letter as Cape Verde. Yeah, no, I actually I was watching, so yeah, I was, I was watching the Yankees for for like, you know, for like two minutes in between hydration breaks. Right, So I'm watching the Yankees and it's like, what happened that? Oh my god? So they got hitting third Jason Dominguez, Cody Bellinger's clean up. Cody Bellinger hasn't had a hit since like May twelfth. Anthony Volpe is there, is there their five hitter, and then they have uh Jazz Chizm who's hitting like two fifteen for the year. And then they have guys at the end of the lineup that I don't even know if I I don't even know if I knew their names. There's the Yankees lineup is so bad. Someone in the comments today was like, should I start Joe Ryan in Yankee Stadium? I was like, I was thinking, like, I actually want to start streaming pictures against the Yankees.
Speaker 3: They look so.
Speaker 2: So I don't like, I know Aaron Judge speaking of giants as I was, Aaron Judge is I believe one person, but somehow he must be like three or four people, because I don't remember when Aaron Judge was in the lineup. I don't remember the Yankees being like Aaron Judge. And then a bunch of other guys. I thought they were better than like they are. They are so bad. And that's like they're like actually, like Paul Goldschmith's having a zombino type year and a bounce back from his it seemed like his career was over. He's had a bit of a bounce back this year. And and gold Schmidt is out of the lineup on Sunday as we record this, and it's like he gold Schmid leaves the lineup and it's like, Wow, the Yankees really have no one. They have no one. Their team is so bad. I don't can't remember the last time a Yankees team has looked this awful. After like the second hitter, it's like Ben Rice, it's essentially Goldsmith, Ben Rice and then the other guys. It's not good, it's not great.
Speaker 1: They have just kind of crumbled without the centerpiece of Aaron Judge, just to terrify everybody. And it is weird how much it's changed. I mean, in June they were twenty first in runs scored. That's a that's a pretty big drop for them from you know where they where they had come from in May.
Speaker 3: In June, so yeah, I mean they led the league.
Speaker 1: In run scored in May Gray and then in June twenty first, So it was that's quite a fall.
Speaker 3: From grace for that line up.
Speaker 1: And yes, apparently carried by one single bat that does all of the work and nobody can hit it once he's gone, except for the thirty eight soon to be thirty nine year old in the middle of their lineup.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also I think I'm not sure if you heard while you were gone for the two weeks.
Speaker 1: Well, I heard you endorse Paul Goldschman as a legitimate first baseman, among other other endorsements you were giving for the podcast sake.
Speaker 2: I heard, Hey, hey, come on, come on man. It's like I feel like it's like when.
Speaker 1: Brian Reynolds Brian Reynolds Gray, you gave a seal of approval for the podcast for Brian Reynolds.
Speaker 2: I feel I feel like when you come back, it's like it's like you were It's like I was cheating on you when I was talking to Mike, like you can't. You're not supposed to listen to those podcasts. That's like that was between me and Mike. That's not you're not those are not for your ears. No, but I was gonna say was What I was gonna say was while you were away. I don't know if you heard that there was a report ino uh from the Athletic UH. He said that there is a uh there's a good possibility that we have the twenty nineteen bounty balls. Did you hear this?
Speaker 3: I did. I heard this.
Speaker 2: The first person I thought of was you. I was like, Oh, beat On's gonna love this. Oh, he's got beat On's gonna absolutely be thrilled we have the twenty nineteen bouncy balls. Oh.
Speaker 1: Man, if anything, it messes up my whole you know, even on your theory.
Speaker 3: If they're gonna start randomly throwing bouncy ball during.
Speaker 2: The universe, I was I was wondering what your angle is gonna be. I was thinking. I was like, he's just gonna pretend like this is twenty twenty seventh. I thought that was gonna be your angle. You're gonna be like, it's actually the calendar that's wrong. It's not the ball.
Speaker 4: It's like, no, I heard the U.
Speaker 2: I heard the report about the bouncy ball the first time. I was like, oh, man, be Duncie, the even odd thing. This is gonna mess up to even odd things so much.
Speaker 1: So surprisingly Gray, I've done the preliminary research, and not to disagree with you know, he's probably looked at it from different angles than I.
Speaker 3: Have because he has different data than I have.
Speaker 1: But the average ex velocity, the home run rate, everything pretty much is similar to like April, which feels really weird. That would be similar to April, so we I have a slightly different ball, but really.
Speaker 3: I think it's just one boup blank. It always happens, if I'm just honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a that was that kind of reminds me of my other thing was like also from the also I think from the Athletic, not from you know, but someone else at the Athletic I think was saying how Ranger swore As was a cell because it's gonna heat up and his homer perfly, his homer perfly ball was gonna you know, uh, it was gonna pick up and he was gonna start giving up more homers. And so I looked at Ranger swores and I was like, he's basically he's a ground ball pitcher, Like why would like it's just like just because it heats up and the ball starts flying out of the park. It doesn't mean every picture is suddenly going to start giving up home runs if they're a ground ball pitcher. Actually, I don't know if it was the athletic, it might have been someone else. I just happened to see. Ah. I didn't even like the article to read it. I just read. I read the little snippet that that comes with the article on social media. I don't know, I might even read it wrong. But yeah, so, I mean, I'm you know, I'm a little bit concerned about all my starters. But Randers Suarez, don't beat jinxing him. Guys, Come on, man, he's like my one guy who's doing well.
Speaker 1: Please well, to be fair, he has given up only one home run in the month of June, or I guess, gave up only one home run in the month of June.
Speaker 3: So at least for.
Speaker 1: Him, you know, I guess the heat hasn't happened the boss witch has happened in his games, because he's doing just fine on that front. You know, he's definitely had some second half falloffs, but maybe it's just you know, the second half falloff and not necessarily the fact that he gives up home runs because that just feels little lazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe the other thing that feels lazy is sometimes the All Star game starters. Great, they were announced based on recent years, it could have been worse. We've seen a lot worse in recent years. So you know, get off on the fans for not voting a bunch of people that didn't belong here. I would say James Wood feels like a big kind of leave from here that he should be he should be on the starting roster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would agree. You know, I think there was there's a little bit of like the entire the entire the entire MLB outside of like the Blue Jays. They all, like twenty nine teams from all across the country vote for their favorite players, and then you have one country that is Canada, and they all vote for Ernie Clement.
Speaker 4: That's like Ernie Ernie Clement probably could run for prime minister. I think I don't know how it works exactly with the Canadian politics of it, but I think Clement could probably run. I yeah, I mean, also I think Vlad Junior is uh, I mean, Blad Junior is awful. So yeah, I had a few gripes with the Blue Jays the voting on with the Toronto Blue Jays. But other than that, yeah, I mean, you know, there's there's a few, Uh, I guess James Wood was an oversight and whoever whoever was Nick Kurtz, I guess because of Vlad Junior. But yeah, I mean it's you know, surprising that I guess the uh, the fact that Brandon Marsh is having a good year and and he got the fact that he got voted in by the fans was you know, I think that's honestly, it's pretty impressive by the fans that get to vote in Brandon Marsh because he's not having like one of those loud years, even though it is a good year. Don't get me wrong, he's Brandon Marsh has been really solid, but the fact that he got voted in is a little bit surprising because it's not like one of those like really insane years. It's actually it's kind of funny that like pe Crow Armstrong, who is actually is having a pretty insane year, he should probably be the one who was voted in over Brandon Marsh, or even over really over like Jan Soda or Andy Pahez. But yeah, I mean, I you know, I'm kind of surprised because Chicago is a big market. I would have thought PCA would have gotten voted in. I think it's, you know, it's sometimes I don't know the exact why the PCA didn't get voted in as a starter, but I would I will say that, like sometimes like if the Cubs just a aren't home for some games, because a lot of a.
Speaker 2: Lot of fans just vote at the stadium. So if the Cubs aren't home and he goes on and the Cubs are on the road, and PCA has a great road trip and then you know, back in Wrigly if they're not, if he's if he doesn't have a great game back in Wrigly, you know, then maybe the Cubs are the Cubs. Fans don't vote for him necessarily. It's it's there's so much alchemy involved in like the All Star voting from like you know, because of the fans are involved. So I don't know. I mean, for the most part, I I think they did probably about as good a job as you can expect. Like I don't know if I would have, you know, like Freddie Freeman and Vlad Junior, like I mentioned, uh Max Mounsey, it's you know, the Dodgers. The Dodgers have a large pull as far as fan fans go because of the uh you know, like there's a lot of fair weather fans out there that want to vote for a team who is doing well and has been doing well, like you know, they pick up fans in other cities because they're winning. But yeah, I mean, you know, it's the All Star Game. I probably won't even watch, so that, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean to be fair to the Cubs fans.
Speaker 1: You know, through the first two months of the season, PCA was gitting like two thirty at seven home runs and then in June he had eleven home runs. I had three eighty one, So he might have just started a little late for the full vote to really count in for him. You know, I was gonna gripe about Freddie Freeman and Max Bunsey and erning comment and to be honest, like there's nobody at those positions that really deserves to have those spots, like you know, vlad Nick Kurtzon does or is it for sure? But like looking around at the National League first baseman, it's kind of like, well, if it's not Freddy, it's like Matt Olsen, who you know, he would have been fine. You could have you could have voted Maddelson in and twenty two home runs leads.
Speaker 2: The you know, having Matdelson is having a good year.
Speaker 3: I mean it probably should have been him, but I get it.
Speaker 1: Freddie Freeman is uh his Dodger and people recognize his name, so he gets there again. Max Munsey, I feel like it is kind of a default because third base is just hideous.
Speaker 2: You know South Stuart. I mean, I don't know where South Stewart's uh. I'm assuming he had third base eligibility on the All Star ballot. I don't Maybe he didn't. Maybe maybe he was only eligible at first base for the All Star ballot. I don't know. But Max Mounsey is not having a terrible year. It's just it does feel kind of like whatever Max Mounsey. You know, that's the one in Los Angeles that is there's a there's there's some there's a Max Monsey on every team. I don't know if you also heard that while you're in Europe, but that's what's happened since you left.
Speaker 3: We're just to sign a Max Monsey.
Speaker 2: You have to have one. Yeah, there's thirty Max monthies. They're all over the place.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna ask some.
Speaker 1: Fantasy questions off of the rankings or the All Star Game. Here Brandon Marsh, we sent congratulations to him for making it. Where does he fit in the outfield rankings rest of season? He is currently number seven on the play Raider for the season. Is he top twenty five outfielder rest of season?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's. It's tough because he's actually actually I'm currently I am writing up the top one hundred for the second half that will go over next week. And you know, Brandon Marsh is one of the harder ones to rank because, like I mentioned already with uh, you know, he's he doesn't have really loud numbers, so it's like, what do you you know, it's hard to rely on runs, RBIs and batting average, which is where he's really excelling, especially batting average. I you know, I I will say I don't think he's the seventh best outfielder in general. Where he's gonna fall for me is still up in the air. But I want to say he's in the top one hundred for sure overall that is for outfielder, maybe fifteen ish. Yeah, I mean, I feel like that sounds about right off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: All right, how about him? Or we're just gonna go straight to the line. Ian Hat currently number twenty two on the Playwriter.
Speaker 2: No, Brandon Brandon Marsh over ian Hap Ian hap Is is not bad, as everyone who's ever listened to this podcast knows. I do like Ian Happ, but I'd say Brandon Marsh at this point is over Ian Hap.
Speaker 1: We say we like ian Happ and then we do these uh would you rather? And it really seems like we don't.
Speaker 2: You said you took a guy who's as the seventh best outfielder and you and you try and comp them.
Speaker 1: I mean it kind of feels like a fair comparison, like you're just gonna get pieces, not both of them, Like you're not gonna get loud numbers from either of them.
Speaker 2: Well right now, okay, so right now, I'll say Brandon Marsh beats uh ian Hap in average for sure, probably steals right power is ian Hap. Ian Hap beats him in power, which probably keeps them close. Ian Hap I think hits a little bit higher in the order, but it keeps him close on RBIs because Brandon Marsh has a solid lineup that he's you know, and hitting for a good average. So I think they're pretty close. Probably in in RBI's and runs, I'd probably say, I mean, I think it's close to a push as well, but I'd probably say Ian Hap so Ian Happened runs in Homer's, marsh In steels average, and RBIs but Iria is super close. So I mean, not not dramatically different, but I think marsh Overhap. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, how about marsh or has it hit them? Cody Bellinger.
Speaker 2: Cody Cody, Cody's been bad, man, I'd probably I'd still go Cody Bellinger though because of just you know, his uh, his pedigree. I'm still going to Cody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those two flup seasons really really holding him over in in the fantasy world for forever.
Speaker 2: How about he wasn't bad last year. I mean, you're you're making like he was like a one forty plus homer season in the.
Speaker 3: Bouncy He was. He was in the boundary of what.
Speaker 2: He was, I know, the bouncy ball year with Cody Bouinger, but with the MVP year, but I mean, he was. He hasn't been bad in other years.
Speaker 3: He's fine, He's fine, I'm just giving you hard time.
Speaker 2: Gray.
Speaker 3: Another guy that you absolutely.
Speaker 1: Love, Michael Harris a second, or Randa marsh Uh you know, actually feels kind of similar, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, definitely similar. I I think I think I'm going Harris.
Speaker 3: I think I would go Hard's too.
Speaker 1: He's finally climbing the climb, climbed the lineup, which was always the issue with him. If he's gonna stay getting in the middle of the lineup or towards the top of the lineup, I'll.
Speaker 3: Go with I'll go with Michael Harris. All right.
Speaker 1: Moving on to another All Star competitor here, c J.
Speaker 3: Abrams.
Speaker 1: He gets the starting shortstop for the National League. Is he currently the number two short stop in Fantasy rest of season?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I have. I think i've already. I think I don't. I want to. I don't want to say locked in my top twenty for the second half, but CJ. Abrams is definitely in there. And yeah, he's it's Bobby Wood Junior and then player player player, player player, CJ Abrams something like it's something like that. I mean, it's definitely Bobby Wood Junior and then CJ. Abrams and CJ. Abrams isn't that far outside of I want to say he might be in the top ten, so top twelve probably at least. Yeah, I don't know. I'm still looking at it. You know, Ellie de la Cruz, I mean, Ellie de la Cruz is definitely in the U. I mean he's he's in the conversation for sure. I do think Ellie de la Cruz probably still has higher upside and he could probably you know, explode and have a huge second half. But I mean C J. Ammerws looks great, so yeah, I mean it's it's tough man, but I I think I think it's Bobby Wood Junior, then CJ. Abrams, then Ellie for shortstops, and then there's a long pause before we get to Gunner Henderson. Along it was a dramatic, dramatic pause before Gunner Henderson. I believe.
Speaker 3: That feels that feels fair, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, at this point, I love Gunner Henderson, but it almost feels faired. I asked if he's even the next guy to be honest for this season long term. Absolutely still love him, but I don't even know if he's gonna be the third shortstop or the fourth short stop, I guess and when I when I sit down and relooked for the second half, two guys that I think probably fit in that area between Bobby Wit and c. J. Abrams Junior, Cameron Arrow, and Nick Kurtz. Nick Kurtz should be starting, he is not. But would you take Nick Kurtz Junior Cameran Arrow if you're redrafting for the second half?
Speaker 2: Well, and uh, for uh for specific sake, that doesn't that didn't make any sense, but uh, Vlad Junior is already backed out of the All Star Game. He's he's rest, he's not going to participate. So Nick Kurtz is going to be starting, even though vladd Junior was voted as the first base starter. So anyway, just you know, for whatever that.
Speaker 3: Somebody will y'all, it's like you don't clarify for sure.
Speaker 2: Right exactly so for clarifications sake, I Nick Kurtz is like he's become basically my my newest Gian Carlow on the Marlins. I love Nick Kurtz. I think you know I mentioned and I think Nick Kurtz I mentioned this. I don't know where I mentioned it. I think I mentioned it with Craig Mish I was on his show recently and I mentioned I think if I could make a long term bet that Nick Kurtz will be a Hall of Famer in twenty years, I would make that bet today. I think Nick Kurtz is going to be like if he stays with the A's between Sacramento and Las Vegas. I mean, Nick Kurtz is going to be a lock for five hundred homers, a four hundred on base percentage. He's gonna be winning. He'll win a few MVPs in his career. So I'm a huge Nick Kurtz fan. Junior Caminio is I think he's at like, I want to say, eleven homers in like ten days or something something something insane. So yeah, and they're I mean they're close. I think Nick Kurtz actually has a handful more steals. So I like Nick Kurtz better than Junior caminiro. But they're super close to each other. I think probably, you know, like one's gonna be one's probably top five, top five or seven overall, and the other one is like top nine to twelve maybe something like that. I mean, they're they're both really good.
Speaker 1: They I just wanted to hold you and against it and make you decide who they who the best corner infield in the rankings was gonna be sounds like it sounds like you're going Kurtz. But we'll see what happens when you come out with your rankings and we dissect those. That's always a fun show for me. Let's talk about some stuff that's happening in the game, Gray, Julio Rodriguez is heading to the IL with concussion seven dail. He could, I think, in theory, be back before the All Star break, but also feels like one of those opportunities just to let him have a few extra days and and get through the All Star break healthy. Obviously, you want to trade for him if you can because of his second half history. Gray, would you trade Andy Paye starter in the All Star Game for Julio Regaz?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Julio Rodrigez. I mean, now is the time to get Julio Rodriguez on your fantasy team. This is this is the point in the season when you want to trade for him. So yeah, Jay Rod over Pages for sure.
Speaker 1: Over the hottest player in baseball or one of them in PCA.
Speaker 2: Ooh, that's tough, man, you know. I actually I think I've I've come around on PCA in the last couple of weeks because like it's at this point it's undeniable. I don't want to be uh. I don't want to be the idiot who's still saying PCA is not good when he's sitting on a twenty twenty season at the All Star break and his batting average hasn't been bad either, So I'm going PCA over j Rod. I think PCA, like you know, a lot of things can happen in the second half that could change my opinion once again on him, But as of right now, I think PCA is like a top seven to ten overall player going into next year. Like he looks legit, like nothing, like yeah, I mean he's he's bullied a little bit by the hot month of June, like the insane month of June, but still like a guy who like I believe we're recording this on Sunday, I believe he stole two bags today, Like if a guy's gonna steal two bags, like and go one for four and then on other and then like hit like you know, eleven to twelve homers in another month, Like it's like Pa.
Speaker 5: Looks like a he looks like a superstar, like he looks for at least for fantasy, you know, I mean, I think he's probably he's made the case, and I'm believing it at this point for like as a top ten player.
Speaker 2: I mean, we'll see. If you know, he has another terrible second half like he did last year, then you know, maybe I'll change my opinion a bit on him. But as of right now, he looks legit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if that happens, very well, we'll do it. We'll dry and we will trade him for Juli Oldriguez.
Speaker 1: Every single season and just win every single league feels like just an ultimate winner. Let's try and find a Jay Rod in between here, o'deo Cruz or or j Rod.
Speaker 2: I'm going Jay Rod over O'Neil Cruz. I think I'm still I'm still worried about the strikeouts with O'Neil Cruz, and and now there's the injury and potential injury concerns. Maybe I don't know either way, I'm going Jay Rod.
Speaker 3: All right? How about how about breakout Jordan Walker?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna have to go Jay Rod, just because we have the track record of him being so great. In the second half. But I you know, I do love Jordan Walker obviously, but I'm going Jay.
Speaker 3: Rod, all right, Jay Roder soda.
Speaker 2: I'm going one sodo.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So there's a I feel like we have a good evaluation for where you're taking or training for jay Rod amongst the outfielders. And let's talk about some replacement options for jay Rod. There's some that are worth talking about. You tell us if they are hots potatoes or if they are hot and ready to go gray as Morellen Valdez for the Pirates in twenty one games, he has six on runs.
Speaker 3: He's sending three thirty three three two three eighty four.
Speaker 1: He does have a little bit of a strikeout problem at thirty two point nine percent, but he has just been performing since he got called up. Uh, definitely a good week for him. What are your thoughts here on Valdez?
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, I mean, I like Valdez a lot for power. I don't think we've seen enough as far as like long term, but I mean he does, I mean does have power. I think that a certain point, you know, because he's striking out currently at like thirty over thirty five percent as of Sunday, and he's hitting three ten, so that obviously is you know, fluky. He's got a four to twenty one babbit, so you know he's probably, i mean neutrally a two point thirty hitter. So at some point he's gonna go ice cold. He does have good power, and if he's hot, I'm fine picking him up in literally any league, Like I would grab Valdez in the shallowest of leagues. But I think right now it's it's hard to be like, you know, too enthusiastic about a long term pitcher when he's still striking out as much as he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 1: I think eventually he just kind of settles into a power only type of bat. But enjoy the hot streak while he's going, and certainly a decent replacement until after the All Star break.
Speaker 3: If you're looking around, how about over.
Speaker 1: In Colorado, Cold Carry in the last twenty three games, he has four months two stone bases, he's seeing ninety three. He does have to strikeout rate under control, he's under twenty percent. He's got a walk rate over twelve percent. What are your thoughts here on Cole Carrick in Colorado?
Speaker 2: Uh? You know, I think he's probably just a Rockies like at home, a streamer for at home in most shallower leagues. In a deeper league, I mean, I do like he is making good contact, and I buy him in general, I just think it might be a bit early to be like completely invested. I remember when he got called up. He got called up the same day as Braid and Montgomery, and I remember being a little bit higher on Braid and Montgomery than I was on Cole Carrick. But I've switched on that. I do think I like carg better than Montgomery, But I still think in most leagues, like I have Cole carrag in a bunch of leagues, and I know there's there's quite a few days where, like you know, he'll even though he's a switch hitter for whatever reason, you know, product it's the Rockies and they just do dumb stuff. But like he'll, he'll be benched randomly, so you have to find a replacement. Like I think even on Sunday, I think he even didn't play today, and it's like, why why is he not playing? Who knows? I don't know. I have no idea other than you know, colon Rockies. That's it. That's the only reason I can imagine is why he's not playing unless he's, you know, nursing an injury or something that I didn't hear about. But yeah, he's you know, so it's like it's stuff like that that makes it difficult to like give him a full endorsement. But I do buy like what he's doing. I like him more than Valdez for what it's worth. Like he I don't think carrig is really gonna be uh, Like, he doesn't seem like a flukey, like just a hot streak guy, Like he looks fine, like a legitimate hitter who you can roster in most leagues, except you know, it's a lot easier to roster a guy in a daily league when you can replace him, like when he's not playing for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, would you take him over both of his teammates, Jake McCarthy and Mickey Moniac.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, absolutely not no.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Moniac has been fantastic and Jake McCarthy's been pretty solid too, So yeah, no moniac and McCarthy over Carrick.
Speaker 1: Okay, just trying to make sure we know where he fits in there. Let's talk about the Kyle. Clearly we went wrong all along and didn't bail on him at all. Gray Kyle Stowers three home runs four twenty three this week. All of a sudden, he's a top ten outfielder over the last thirty days. It's Kyle Stowers was gonna do what he did last year and just kind of find that that power swing of his again. Or is this just a short, little power burst to be enjoyed.
Speaker 2: I believe if I had all the homers from Kyle, all the homers and RBIs and all the stats that came from Kyle Stowers from the day after I said you can give up on them, and I also had all the stats from the day after I said you can give up on Dansby Swanson, I believe I'd be in first place in every league. Uncanny how I was. I managed to time exactly correct when to say, Okay, Kyle Stowers, I'm done with you, and then he suddenly got hot almost immediately. It's pretty it's pretty amazing. Yeah, I mean, I think, you know, that cold streak really sort of like it warned me off of him a bit, where I you know, for a long time I thought Kyle Steuers was someone who I could roster in every league, you know, even during his cold streaks, but that was a really brutal one. And you know, his strikeouts are up. He doesn't do anything other than hit for power, which is fine, but I yeah, I mean, I'm I'm kind of I've cooled on Calvin Kyle Stewers, even though, like right now, because he's hot, I would roster him again, but I definitely have cooled on him in general just because of like you know, he just didn't look very good for like two months. So yeah, I would, I would get back in, but it would be I would have a little bit of wariness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, timporary back in and he kind of did this last year. We had one month he three sixty four with ten home runs. That was that was kind of my I don't know if he's gonna do it.
Speaker 3: He hits the ball hard enough to do it, but you know, right the hot streak, I.
Speaker 1: Think after the hot streak, you may just return to being normal boring Kyle Stowers unfortunately, so just a joy while you can.
Speaker 3: His teammate Javier Sonosa Son.
Speaker 1: Noah, he probably gets an autorable mention here too, as he's been uh he's been hitting really well recently. Would you grab him or would do you like Cole Carrig or As Marilyn Valdas wark.
Speaker 2: Uh, I would say Cole Carrig, Cole Carig valved As. Then Javier So how sona sona, sona sona. I think maybe I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 3: We're we're we're somewhere around it. Gray, I think we're close enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for deeper leagues, I was looking around for just some more replacement options. Give me your favorite out of Victor Roblist, Michael Conforto, Taylor Tremlin, Derek Hill.
Speaker 2: Place. Yeah, that's that's more of a needs thing. So if I need steals, I would go Roblaz If I needed power, I'd go Confordo, and I wouldn't go tram Or Hill.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 1: Connor Griffin has hit the ground running since his return from injury, quite literally. He is hitting two eighty six with six dolen bases and a home run over that time. Where is he slotting in for you for the post All Star Break shortstop middle infield rankings? I mean, does he go over Jeremy Payne should also be back right right after the All Star Breaker, maybe right before.
Speaker 2: No, I think I think I'm going uh, I think I'm going Jeremy Payne. It's it's a tough one, you know. I think Connor Griffin, Connor Griffin, JJ Weatherholt, Paynya. Yeah. I mean those guys I think are all sort of they're all tough, and they're tough in like in in the sense of like ranking and where exactly you want them, I'd say probably Paynya for most stats outside of steals, Condor Griffin. I like Connor Griffin a lot. I worry still a little bit about like you know, strikeout rate's a little bit high. I mean, it's not bad, it's twenty six percent. I think Connor Griffin right now for steals for sure, Like I he might steal forty bags this this year. He might steal twenty bags in the second half and and have on the year. I want to be shocked by it. He might hit two sixty and with like five homers, five five, twenty two sixty in the second half. That's a solid second half. But I don't know. I was actually I saw Connor Griffin stole a bunch of bags this weekend. I was actually I was thinking, like, where is he going next year in like drafts, because like I mean, is it weather Holt then him is a is a Griffin then weather Holt Uh then Payna. I think as far as like like for the second half, I think I'm going Paya first, but for next year, I feel like it's gonna be Connor Griffin all the way. Like I think it's like his upside is gonna be so insane. I feel like I'm gonna overdraft Connor Griffin next year, like by a decent amount, like embarrassingly, so.
Speaker 3: I can't blame you.
Speaker 1: I think he's gonna fit into that there's gonna be a gap in shortstop, there's gonna be the top guys, and then there's that gap to kind of the guys you were talking about or when like zach Netto, if he finishes strong, you know, that's that's pretty much it amongst them.
Speaker 2: I think the I don't know honestly, the guy who's gonna be. Unfortunately for me, I feel like I'm gonna be in on Gunner Henderson again next year because like I mean, if if he falls to where I think he's gonna fall to, which is like you know, the thirty thirty to forty range. Overall, I feel like I'm gonna have to be I'm gonna have to be in again. I mean, it's gonna be hard to refuse Gunner Henderson if he's going at like thirty five overall it is.
Speaker 3: We know the talent is there.
Speaker 1: We've seen it from him. I just I haven't seen it really since the injury. Like the numbers are still he's still he's still doing stuff for the team and it's still productive. But I'm gonna have to see how the second half goes for Gunner. There's may have to be an adjustment here.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I want to go down the like Wyatt Langford path and just keep beating my head against the glass waiting for, you know, the magic to happen despite the talent we see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I'm I'm out on Langford. I'm so out on I can't be more out of that guy. Man. I I unfoun I didn't draft him this year because I was out on him in the preseason. But I mean he has shown nothing is as far and remotely as far as like the prospect pedigree that supposedly was coming with why Langford, I don't know where I don't know where it is, if where the seventy grade hit tool is or or the seventy grade everything is, I don't know where it is. But I'm so out in wyat Langford. No way, man, I'm not. I'm not in on that.
Speaker 1: I will say for his for his case, because I have him on the team or two. He did have a very nice June before he got injured. He was seeing three seventeen at seven home runs three stone bases is pretty pretty solid June. He was putting together, but then he got injured, and that's part of the White Langford experience unfortunately. Connor Griffin for this season, Gray, would you trade the hottest beat in all of baseball, Dansby Swanson?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would trade Swanson for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've mentioned Zach Ntto. Would you have Zachnetto or or Connor Griffin.
Speaker 2: I would go to Zach Neto.
Speaker 1: Connor Griffin or Trey Turner. Who is I mean kind of essentially Connor Griffin at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've cooled on Trey Turner. I think I think he's I think he's over the hill at this point, So I'm going Connor Griffin. I mean, trade Turner is fine. It's I mean, I just feel like his name value is more than he actually is at this point, So I'm going Connor Griffin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think if you're going to offer them to me, straight up, I would still take Trade Turner just because it feels like the consistency will be there just to give you the numbers in the end of the day. But if you're if you need stolen bases or if your need to kind of shoot for something, I could definitely see taking Dona Griffin.
Speaker 3: And I just feel like whoever our.
Speaker 1: Owns Trade Turner is gonna want more for him because they drafted him and they're the person who still believes in them. Maybe that's not true because you were you were one of those people. But I actually kind of think there is a turnaround comany because he's had a little bit of bad luck trade Turner in regards to his babbitt. So I don't hate going for Trade Turner right now and buying a little low somebody I'm not gonna buy low on because I don't like dealing with him once he gets this point in the season. Is Cory Seger. He is to the point he's having an ile stant with back issues. Maybe this is you know, a Bill Jackson, Greg Popovich using the TV timeouts to get guys rest, but uh, Cory Segeran back issues has happened too many times.
Speaker 3: Gray, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't really understand the reference, but I think I do, and I'll say I think that that actually sounds like what the Dodgers do, where it's like, oh, yeah, he's uh Will Smith? Yeah, oh it is yeah, okay, yeah, because it's like, oh yeah, Will Smith is out for three weeks with uh.
Speaker 6: Uh like yeah, anyway, Dalton Russians are catcher like, wait, wait, does Will Smith actually have an injury or they're just saving him with the playoffs?
Speaker 2: Look what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will go through the full explanation for you because you don't care and I won't drag our audience through that.
Speaker 3: But yes, that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: But let's talk about some middle infield replacements because it could be that with Courseiger, it could be that he's out the rest of the season, and if you need some middle infield guys to replace him.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Cody Clements says five home runs seven games, and he has multi position eligibility. Cole Young has been very solid all year with a two sixty average, nineal runs, three Stone bases, Bason Win two forty nine, four home four home runs seven Stone bases, and Jacob Gonzalez over his twenty seven games up as two of runs and he's hitting two sixty. Who out of that group do you like as a middle infield replacement option?
Speaker 3: Give me, give me a one and a two out of that group.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, Cody Clemens looks like, at least in the last you know, week or so, he's been so hot that Cody Clemens looks like the clear winner of the group. After that, I'd probably say Cole Young just because I have I have a soft spot for Cool Young. I think he's I think he's a good hitter. Uh, and he's also been hot enough considering you're putting him up against like Mason Winn and stuff. So yeah, I'll go to Cody Clemens and then Cool Young.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, only wanted to go up against you know, people that are starting. That doesn't really help anybody replace Corey Seeger. So that's two we got. Let's talk about Ryan Weathers Gray. You know, it's it's time to decide whether we're going to weather the storm or flat him out of our drosters.
Speaker 3: His first eight starts a three year, A.
Speaker 1: One one one whip, a ten point eight Capro nine two point six walk for nine. The next eight starts he has a five to one nine year, A one three two whip.
Speaker 3: The Capri nine has dropped over one.
Speaker 1: He's down down to nine point one four, still solid, but down from where he for sure the walk break got a little bit better at two point five. What are your thoughts here on Ryan Weathers? Is it somebody that you're you're holding out hope that he's gonna turn it around, or has he hit the you know, the rookie young picture wall.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I don't think he's got really a rookie.
Speaker 3: Or that young, but right, well.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, I think I think the biggest issue with Ryan Weathers is I don't like, I don't think we're privy to how he's feeling necessarily, and I I do think I want to be shocked if like we get like a week or two into this, uh and it's like oh, by the way, like or if he has like a bounce back like after the All Star break, it's like, oh yeah, you know by the way he had like a tired arm, uh, you know, prior to the All Star break, and that's why he was struggling. Like I wouldn't shot to hear that because like he is, you know, like he's thrown more innings than he has in a long time. I wouldn't be shocked if he's just fatigued. So I say, I'd like to hold him, like in most leagues, at least in probably in a fifteen team mix league or deeper. I'm holding him because, like I do think he can come out of this. But right now, in like a shallower league, like in a ten team mix league, you have so many options. I think he's probably you can move on from Ryan Weather's there. And then in the twelve team mix league, it's a little bit trickier because I'm you know, it depends on your options, but I would probably hold Weather's in a twelve team mix league, I think he can come out of it. But I do feel like he's probably dealing with a tired arm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't been one of our RcLs. I'm holding him for now to see if he he comes out of this. As you mentioned, it might just be that he's a little tired, or if he needs to, you know, sit through a rotation tumb with the All Star break maybe coming at the right time for him. But if you come out the other side of the All Star break and it doesn't look like anything has changed. So since the first date, the Vlosity's dropped a little bit still obviously, Plus he's sitting over ninety five, but he was throwing and he's seven ninety eight averaging those early in the season. He's down to like ninety five. That's that's a significant drop. When we're talking about miles per hour, even even at the top level, usually don't see two three drop miles per hour drop by the All Star break. Maybe over the course of the season on the younger or a you know, less innings arm. So that's kind of what I'm gonna be looking for after the All Star break. Is the vlosity coming back?
Speaker 3: Or not.
Speaker 1: Speaking of talking about somebody we have to watch about the vlosity coming back. Let's sagn off it up as Bryan Helsley is heading back to the IL.
Speaker 3: Who do you like him? Baltimore Gray as his replacement for now.
Speaker 2: I believe Friday and Saturday, Tyler Wells got to save both both days, so I would just go Tyler Wells. But I think Kittridge and Canoe are both decent, So it's like, it's not a terrible situation to speculate on if you're willing to take a chance on like guys just and just to get good ratios potentially and some cas But I would probably I would go Tyler Wells. If I only had room to speculate on one guy, I would go Wells and and hope he is the guy. And as of right the second it appears to be. Even though if you would have asked me on Thursday, I wouldn't. I would not have said Tyler Wells. He would not have been He would not have been my original speculation pick, probably because I think there's better guys, especially Cano. I think Canoe's probably the best guy as far as like stuff and arm goes. But if they're gonna go with Tyler Wells for saves, then Tyler Wells is the guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it Canol has been a little while recently. They probably probably need to get him settled down before they hand him back that role.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm with you, I think it's Wells for now. And then you can speculate on either of the other two honestly, to see who who kind of holds it together and gets the role if anything happens. For the White Sox, they have three saves in two weeks, all to different people, one of which went to Tyler Schweitzer, who got sent down right after he got his save. Is there anybody in this bulpen he want?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Grand Taylor absolutely, one hundred. I think he's I think he's like on the verge of becoming top ten closer. I like Grand Taylor a lot. My only issue with him is the White Sox may not go to him every single time. So if like you're in a league where like you can only really hold guys who are getting actual saves, then Taylor is a bit of an issue as far as that goes. Because, like even you mentioned, like they went to three guys for three different saves, so obviously the you know, it's not like a done deal that Grand Taylor is gonna get all those saves, But he is. I think he's the best arm by far there, so I would I would roster him in most leagues. I think he's I think he's actually pretty solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you if you have to rofter one, I'm going with him because lukem and Sir Anthony and Bengaz have both been very shaky, so at least Grant Taylor has been good. If you're gonna speculate on saves over for the A's, Mason Barnette got it save. Do you think he's getting gonna get more looks here or is this just just going to be continued a.
Speaker 3: Mess here with the the.
Speaker 1: Triple or quadruple closer role that they've been running out for for the A's.
Speaker 2: I mean, I kind of wish Mason Barnett was the closer, but me saying it is not gonna make it true, so I can't. Honestly, I feel like you're you're You're probably as good as a gamble just throwing a dart at the seven names in the A's bullpen, and if you the name you hit could be the next guy to get a save, because I don't think there's any sort of rhyme or reason with what's going on in the A's bullpen. But I would, you know, Mason Barnett doesn't look terrible, so I'd probably go him if I was speculating, But you know they got They have other guys that really potentially are are not great, but they could potentially get a save.
Speaker 1: They could And it could be Elvis el Dorado, It could be Hova Hair, It could be Mark Letter Junior, it could be it could be anybody gray speaking of, it could be anybody over in Detroit. Kyder Montero got a extended save and has been you know, he's been a pretty solid armed for the Tigers without a role. Do you think closer is the role? Or is there somebody else that you wanted this pin? How did you even use a guy like Kyder Montero, Like are you picking him up and using him when you don't really want to run somebody out there?
Speaker 3: Or is he somebody you're you're comfortable like Rostering Actually.
Speaker 2: Actually in the in the al only league where I'm in first place, the league where we're we're in it together, and I'm I'm beating you. I have Kyder Montero in that league, and I started him this week. But I honestly looked at my uh after he got to save the other day, I looked at my team to make sure that I actually had him in the lineup, because it's there's no real reason to start him over like I had. It's like between him and like you know, Connor Prilep and Kevin Kelly and like Kirby Yates. As far as my team goes, that's what I'm choosing between as the last guy into the lineup. So Montero, I started him this week. I may not start him next week. I don't think he has it really a role, so it's hard to like really know what to do with him. I I think he's pitching really well. I mean, I like him. I saw some people speculate that he's the new closer, but I don't see why that would be. I mean maybe, but Kenleen Jansen is just not going to be the closer for what reason? Why would that be, Like unless he's injured, Like if Jansen's injured, then sure, okay, but if anything, like right now, it's uh, it's July fifth, like you have, like the Tigers have like a little under a month to build up Janssen's trade value, Like why would they stop using him in the closer role right now? Like, if anything, they use him now and then trade them and then like you know, in the beginning of August, we can try and figure out who's gonna get the Tiger saves, and then I would probably go fin again. If he's still with the team, I think he's probably gonna get traded as well. But yeah, I don't know why Jansen wouldn't be the closer. I do think Montero has you know, I mean he's somewhat he's hard to start in a fantasy league, but I mean he has been decent as far as like when he is pitching, you know, not really great for strikeouts, but he's a good command. He's kept his ratio is pretty solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I feel like for them, you know, he has too much use for them just stick him in the close the roll because they usually throw him from multiple Indians, although he use him as he's been an opener, He's done a bunch of different things, so it may be just too limit of a role for him.
Speaker 3: But I think you could take a shot.
Speaker 1: On him on a random day in a daily league for a save or just some useful Indians.
Speaker 3: I really don't mind that. Why don't you give the people some waiver wire names? Great?
Speaker 2: Okay, uh as Merland Valdez he heard about him. Uh So he's been hot Garrett Mitchell's been hot, Hobbier Son Joe. It's Sanja Si, Sanjaya, Sanjaya, Sanjaya. I believe Sanjaya won American Idol one year. Anyway, he's been hot. Josh Bell has been hot, Cedric Mullins has been hot going on a couple of weeks, I think now a Dalton Russian who we mentioned earlier. Nathan Church has been hot. Cole Young who we mentioned earlier. He's been hot. Kyle Caros has been hot, Nick Gonzalez been hot, Mason Wynn Ben hot, Owen Casey Ben hot, Caleb Durban hot, Tommy Edmund hot, Jake Mangum hot, Josh Lo hot, Michael Conforto also hot. There you go, Gray, There you go.
Speaker 1: It sounded like we were reading off a hot list there waiting for some some more sexy names come up, but they didn't. That's okay, and it's a it's a way for wire these things happen. And by the way, you know Gray is doing well in the AL. We should ask him about his n O only team and maybe.
Speaker 7: He's said first league team looking at the teams and Stanos if he's gonna out no, all right, well then I'll give the people some streaking options and we'll get out of here.
Speaker 1: Gray, Jake Bennet at the White Sox UIs can stee you at Miami, Rinoldo Lopez versus the Mets, and at Saint Louis, Brandon Young versus Kansas City, Jack Flaherty versus Philadelphia, Wilbert Urina at Texas, JT. Gin at Detroit, Eric Glawer versus Colorado, and Brady Singer versus Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: I feel like half of those names I've never read on this show before.
Speaker 1: So it's a good random week for streaming options this week. If you have any specific questions, you can find me on x I Am at Rasbeat on Gray Is at Rasball. You can find us in the comment section on YouTube dot com, slash ras Ball Fantasy or wherever you get your podcasts, and you can always find us in the comment section on ras Ball as well.
Speaker 3: Beay your lineups be perfect.
Speaker 1: May you move up your standings and get some stuff done here before the All Star break.
Speaker 3: I'll talk to you later. Greg.
Speaker 2: All right, lads, pish you