Speaker 1: Five O five the fifty five KRC the talk station. Happy Friday and get the work week Saday. Well there it is. You know it's Friday. You got a woo, who got a Joe's Director And I'm wishing you're very happy, and I hope you got some great plans for the weekend. Right time's right here, host the fifty five Cars Morning Show where you can find us online at fifty five KRSTE dot com. Stream the audio directly from the website. Get your iHeart Media app so you can listen wherever you happen to be on your smart device, and also get your podcast, whether through the smart device or directly through the website. There they are, including iHeart Media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe. Always enjoy those conversations. Anyway. That's a Thursday, and today's a Friday, of course, which means Tech Friday. Coming up with Dave Hatter every Friday at six thirty appointment listening important stuff and a lot of tech related problems, including some rise in security threats or rather frightening. As we speed headlong into November, you're waiting for an October surprise. I think it probably will come along the lines of some sort of cyber attack. Honestly, anyhow, FBI sees increase in sex stortion cases. In addition to independently warning us of the unprecedented rise in security threats, I have to interject Google is apparently getting into the news business. I can already anticipate Dave Hatter's comments about Google maybe biased. Perhaps if it's in the news business, well joined, let them join the ranks of the uber biased media, and one in three artificial intelligence products projects will be scrapped. He says he's been kind of on a role about AI probably not being this, you know, sort of a crazy bat World transforming saying that people initially initially thought about it does have its limitations, and we'll see what those limitations happen to be. That'll be a Tech Friday day have at a beginning at six point thirty, followed by the man the met the legend that it is Jack added, and of course remember him from Fox nineteen when he was an anchor. He's an author. He is a true gentleman and just an amazing scholar. He knows his history and of course can well TRACE's history and brings certain moments in history and their relevance to the present time. Also a constitutional scholar, and he has opinions, of course he does. He's going to join us at seven o five to offer his thoughts and insights into the d NC convention, which we'll get here in a minute. And my buddy Peter Shabrie, Peter Shabree is going to come on the program Eat of five. There's been a new real estate there's some new real estate rules I wanted to effect. Is a consequence of some court activity or something. He's going to explain how it impacts buyers and sellers. So a little insight into the real estate market and maybe a little bit of insight into the real estate market generally speaking, beyond just how it impacts the real estate agents. But we'll get a flavor of what it's like going on around here and whether the conditions are getting a little bit more favorable to home ownership. Five three, seven, nine fifty five, eight hundred eight two to three Talk time FI fifty on AT ANDT Funds. Care to call comment, I'd love to hear from you. Yes, the coup de'ta well endshined and formalized yesterday with the anointment of Kamala Harris, as the Democratic nominee for the President of the United States of America, described as her speech mostly devoid of policy substance. So if you're waiting for her to unleash and go into the details or of her policy positions, sorry, you're gonna have to wait yet another day, day thirty three of her not doing anything along those lines. She lied about Donald Trump, Of course she did. Intensi cut medicurre and social security. He's all Project twenty twenty five ines by to the fact that he hasn't said anything about fixing security Medicare, which, without question, ask either side of the political ledger anywhere in between, ask all the lettered agencies who've studied this thing, both of them. So Security Medicare are on a train wreck path. You can't polish the chunks of extrement that they are fiscally speaking and make the numbers look better. So Donald Trump doesn't have a plan for Medicare, so security hasn't articulated one. He hasn't said he's going to change. In fact, he said things in the contrary Project twenty twenty five he said that is not my platform. He's already rejected that out of hand. And yet there you go being told last night what Donald Trump has specifically rejected. She said it anyway on abortion, she claims, Donald Trump, what's a national ban on? They call it reproductive rights? Now, I know, you know the lingo, No Donald Trump has You know, this is what really hurts me, and it makes my brain hurt when I hear the left screaming about a national abortion ban. No, the Supreme Court said, it's a state's issue. Mah, wake the hell up. It's not a federal issue anymore. Trump has pointed it out. Ever, the Supreme Court pointed it out. If you had a federal abortion ban, or you had an federal enshrinement of abortion in the law, it would be immediately going to court. They would cite that Supreme Court case, and the courts would say, right. The Supreme Court has said, this is not within the powers reserve for by the federal government. It's a state's issue. The Constitution is silent on the issue. Ergo tenth amendmentime, you know, it's a reserve power to the states. Stop calling it a federal abortion ban or a federal enshronment of abortion. That can't happen under the current state of the law, So bring it up anyway. I know it's a state issue, and then it's going to drive a lot of Democrats of the polls and states where the abortion is on the ballot. I guess it might drive Republicans of the polls as well. But considering a majority of people, regardless of pretty cool stripe, believe in some you know, abortion right like or that there should be a right to some abortion at least somewhere on some spectrum. If you're on a total band side of the Ledger, you're in the minority, as reflected by literally every poll that's been taken over the past several years. That's just me giving you the facts. I know there's a lot of people in my listening audience that hate that, but it seems to be the truth. So anyway, don't worry about it. She didn't say how, but she's going to provide us with opportunity, going to lay hands on the housing crisis. That's what we're left to conclude because she said she'd solve the house in crisis, speaking of Peter Shari joining the program in eight oh five, but didn't say how. I love when politicians do that, even Donald Trump. I'm going to end the war on day one. The how okay, that sounds awesome. How I want to know the hol part on both sides? Any side, you got a great idea. Come on, let's put some flesh on the bones of the conclusion that I'm going to do X. Okay, how are you going to accomplish that?
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: She also claims she would reduce prices. Did not say she was going to price fix. But again the question becomes how, and also the large elephant in the room. Not to put in a political powder or joke there, but she's going to fix all this stuff after becoming president, a point that's been made over and over and over again. She's intellected capacity right now, she's the second to the president of the United States of America. Obviously she could have done something about this. And how did all this come about on her watch? Wait around for that. There's no answer to that. A New Way Forward also described as vague by anybody who reads a New Way Forward and scratches their head and wonders what in the hell that's supposed to mean. And, as the Wall Street Journal observes, until she disavows the Biden agenda, that has occurred to her watch. You can assume that stets her proposals as well, especially given what she ran on in twenty nineteen while trying to be president of the United States of America, so you got to and also foreign policy she did support, apparently Ukraine, unequivocal support for Ukraine. She waffled on Israel and Gaza, considering the protesters outside need to hear something about Palestinians denouncing Hamas she did, but also mentioning the casualties in Gaza and implying that it is Israel's fault for the casualties in Gaza. And I suppose anybody logically can connect the dots. If she Hamas launched the attacks from Gaza and killed innocent civilians, then you've got to go into Gaza to get the perpetrators of you know how the path works. So if you really want to flip over to pivot over to Chucky Schumer, who actually said the quiet part out loud. Now he gave the same kind of speech on the DNC floor, but over the week, and you know, props to Kimberly Strassel for observing this. He was answering questions during the week about his agenda and what he would do considering he thinks they're going to gain a couple of seats in the Senate where he will remain the commander in chief of the Senate. Let us see get rid of the philibuster. He wants to do that. And now the question is the scope of him getting rid of the filibuster. Philibuster is designed, of course, to foster and encourage debate and not give you an easy win. You know, fifty one votes when he got the Vice president of United States of America casting the tie vote on things that have profound implications for the country. Yeah, Budget reconciliation is how they got away with that one last time, bringing us massive trillions of dollars additional spending. Anyway, he wants to bring about a change to the Supreme Court term limits. For example. He did specifically mention he's got that ethics rules or laws he wants to put in place. No mention of packing it specifically over the weekend, but he did say at one point everything is on the table when it comes to transforming the Supreme Court, and without elaborating, I do believe he also said he wants to get rid of the case overruling overturning Roe v. Wade. I guess the only way you can manage to do that is bring another case relating to abortion all the way up to the Supreme Court, where you've repacked it with a bunch of leftist liberal justices who would then find somewhere in the Constitution of the United States of America some control over reproductive rights. Keep reading it, keep reading it, keep reading it. You got your pocket constitution. Go ahead, dive on into it now and see if you can find anything relating to that. Trust me, it'll be a feudal exercise. He even said price controls were quote a good thing to do. Close quote. After he was pushed on that one, Kama Harris suggested price roll controls, Chuckie Schumer, no one thinks they would work, and every other time they've been tried, they haven't worked and resulted in a worsening of the situation. That's a good thing to do. He then also promised price controls on drugs as well. It's the same scenario, folks. So there you have it. So first priorities he had previously said to be the federal voting takeover, so a federal law of the land, which would interfere with state laws and state elections. So that's basically and fundamentally it's an extension of what you got so far over the past three and a half years. Jackie Schumer a very powerful man, and I think his well positions on these are extremely important to note, especially when the administration, that new Harris administration is not telling you what they stand for. Five point three seven four nine fifty five eight hundred two three talk a pound five point fifty on eight and T funds and chimneycare, fireplace and stove. It's a great company, and I've been pointing out safety is a great thing and upgrades perfect time a year to get an upgrade, Like I want a free standing stove, now, go ahead and get it installed now when it's warm out. The construction work would be a lot easier to do you with the door going in an opening closed in the winter time. If they're installing a free standing stove, I mean that's just a little side issue. But whether it's comfortable, it's fine, good good, good time for a construction project. Get it out of the way, get that fireplace insert installed, get your chimney re lined. You may have to do that after an inspection, and of course get an inspection. Take care of you think your safety and take care of your safety in advance. You have nothing to worry about when the temperatures drop and you want a fire. So uh sweeping inspections, relining cap and damper replacement, chase top replacement, they fix chimney leaks, and they do waterproofing. Starts with the video camera inspection of your chimney, whether it's connected to a free standing stove or regular chimney, and it goes on from there. Get them to clean out your dryer event while they're there as well. You're spending too much on getting your clothes drive and dryer event is clogged. They do that. It's also fire hazard so safety safety, safety, safety and upgrades. Call them up by one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred a plus for a better business. Bureer locally on an operated since nineteen eighty eight. The showroom is located at four thirteen Wards Corner Road and the website is Chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC Get Ready to Win your Weight five twenty two.
Speaker 4: On a Friday, Happy Friday ce.
Speaker 1: Gest tractor executives or King the soundbites telling it like it is. Let me get a little shot in Florida. I immediately channeled Underpants Gnomes on this one shot in Flouda because I don't like mandates. I don't like dictates and edicts and tell me what I need to do and what I don't need to do. I want a choice. I want to make my own mind up. And when it comes to automobiles, I'm a fan of the internal combustion engine. I always will be. I can get I could probably be persuaded into a hybrid because of course they have a gas component allows you to continue to drive you when the electric part is done. But that's what most people prefer. They'd rather go to a hybrid or an ice than an evy. Underpants Nomes came to mind because remember the South Park episode Phase one steal underpants, Phase three profit, leaving you to guess, how in the hell do you go from stealing underpants to profit? Phase one? What's phase two? In this particular case, it's losing forty four thousand dollars on every EV sold and losses of five billion dollars this year alone, that is what Ford has reported right phase two lose just a blankload ton of money. Get us get it forded out. It's on Wednesday. It's canceling production of it's a third row, a three row suv, as well as an electric pickup truck. Because while they're losing massive quantities of money, it's taking a one point nine billion dollar right down, which the journalist says is less costly than producing them. Why because Americans don't want them. They lost forty four thousand on every EV sold in the second quarter, again five billion in losses this year alone. Stilanis also said this week it is delaying investment to retool its shuttered plant in Belladere, Illinois for EV production because quote, it is critical that the business case for all investments is aligned with market conditions and our ability to accommodate a wide range of consumer demands. Wow, given the consumer what it wants, rather than let the government forces down your throat. Apparently the EV's are piling up on dealer lots. They're having to sell them the greater and greater discounts. Even Americans are bulking apparently at buying more internal combustion engines, which are the ones that allow the manufacturers of vehicles, generally speaking, to even claim they're making a profit. It's profit from internal combustion vehicle sales that allows them to even stay in business and be able to pay right down one point nine billion dollars in EV losses. Ford the recipient of all kinds of loans and low cost loans and grants from you, the American taxpayer. Of course, you get a seventy five hundred dollars credit for buying an EV thanks to the Inflation Reduction Act. In spite of all of the dangling carrots in the federal government. According to the reports, TV share of the auto sales is still declining. And but this is awesome. What are the reasons? Uh, your energy bill's going up, the price of electricity is going up, corn to the Wall Street Journal, And well, I'm repeating the Anderson Economic Group estimates. They say mid size electric vehicles cost between twelve dollars and sixty one cents and sixteen dollars and eleven cents to fuel per one hundred miles. Gas powered models ten dollars and seventy one cents. So it's less expensive to drive a gasoline powered car that's why I laugh at the insanity. Welcome to your Government five twenty six, Ify five car see talk station. Get in touch with Plump Typelumbing. It's always plumbing done right. Outstanding plumbers they are. I've watched them at work many times, including my emergency raining chandelier episode that was kind of weird. You walk into the dining room and your shot your chandeliers rating. Yeah, basement leak. They figured that one out, and I didn't have any idea how you could possibly figure that out consider the plumbings behind the walls. But that's why you call plump tight plumbing A plus the better business peer. Oh, they're great plumbers. That's what they do for a living. Exceptional customer service, take great carry, You take great carry your home, and it's always pharanethical pricing, which you can get a quote on without having a service charge. Call them up well, let you know when they're on their way. They will show you a photograph of the plumber that's going to be on your front door, and you'll meet that plumber. They'll establish paraethical pricing because they'll quote the job for you. Family own an operator, your neighborhood plumbing company probably is serving the greater Cincinnati area from uh Kentucky Ellyway up to Dayton. You can visit them online and learn more about it. Plump tight dot com t I t E. Plump tight dot com five one three seven two seven Tight five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: What's up guys?
Speaker 6: A Major League pitcher one hundred gree.
Speaker 1: Here's your nine first one and one fuecast Today high eighty five, sunny sky's a few clouds every night down to sixty mostly sunny start, following by partly fotty skies tomorrow eighty nine to the high overnight down to sixty eight, clear humidity and sun on Sunday one up to ninety two fifty three. Right now if you give out karsee the dalk station. Yeah, it's five thirty and a happy Friday to you. Tech Friday Day Hatter coming up in an hour. You go to get that on the podcast page at the five karosea dot com can't stick around. It's important stuff. Do have local stories, but if you feel free to call, I will take your call. Got a resident accused us starting a fire in her own home in Fairfield Township. Happened Wednesday night while people were inside the home. According to the police, April Caldwell, who's forty one, now behind bars facing one kind of aggravated arson happened to the six thousand block on Morris Road, Fairfield Township. Firefighters and police dispatch to the home about six o'clock in the evening. When they got there, emergency crews noticed the fire started by arson. After a trained dog detected accelerants, investigators layer identified the suspect as Calledwell, a resident of the home. She fled the scene before officers got there. Two victims inside when the fire started suffered non life threatening smoke inhalation injuries, according to the police and the press release. They were both taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. Fairfield Township police officers found Caldwell walking on a nearby roadway and arrested there. She's currently in the Butler County Jail. The fire does remain under investigation, but if you do have any information, Fairfield Township Police would love to hear from you. You call crime stoppers though as well three five two thirty forty We're going to catch ourselves a crimestopper. Bad guy. The week as we do every Friday at the end of the seven o'clock hour, So you've got to see the bad guy on the blog page fifty five care See dot com. We have a teenager and his grandmother now facing charges in the death of a grandfather who was fatally struck by a vehicle in Claremont County. Fifteen year old teen charged with involuntary manslaughter, tampering with evidence, falsification, unauthorized used of a motor vehicle, and criminal trust as according to the Claremont County Sheriff's Office release. The grandmother's sixty seven year old Cornelia Johnson, also charged with tampering with evidence and obstructing justice. Both of those charges or all the charges stemmed from the death of eighty one year old Clifford Johnson, who is the teen's grandfather and Cornelia Johnson's husband, as well as a scheme to cover up the incident. April twelfth, Claremont County deputies responded to the home of the twenty nine hundred block of Fair Oak Road in Monroe Township after a nine to one to one call regarding a man who had been run over by a vehicle. Deputies at the scene located Clifford Johnson on a couch inside the home suffering from severe arm and leg injuries. The teen Cornelia Johnson, also at the scene, told deputies that a car rolled over Clifford in the driveway after he exited the car without putting it into park. Clifford Johnson airlifted UC Medical Center, where he later died from his injuries. Now, they say a month later, the Sheriff's Office detect identified information about the incident, implicating the team as the sole person responsible for Clifford Johnson's injuries. After the investigation revealed the Cornelia Johnson and her grandson also false to fund initial statements and deputies, investigation revealed Clifford Johnson's injuries did not occur at the Farok Road residence with the team and the grandmother initially told deputies it happened. Rather, it happened at East Fork State Park in Bethel. Earlier in the morning, Tina driven the family car without permission to the state park, gott in a vehicle stuck out the vehicle stuck in a ditch. Clifford responded to help physical evidence in case. The fifteen year old ran over his grandfather while he attempted to remove the car from the ditch. Johnson was then driven to the Fharaoak Residence by his grandson. Team currently in custody in the Claremont County Juvenile Detention Center, Cornelia Johnson has been issued a summons to appear in the Claremont County Common Please Court. True tragic man, that is tragic Hemlin County Bord Commissioners has approved funding for a new Cincinnati Animal Care building Care spelled all caps thear that replaces the existing location on Coleraine Avenue. Ten million dollars was approved for the construction of a new building near the intersection of Gray and Winston Roads. Would also pay for an expansion of the Dana Avenue location. Director of Cincinnati Animal Care said the Coleraine Avenue building was built in the nineteen sixties. Megan Coleville, speaking with Fox nineteen, said, we're very outdated when it comes to animal shelters, desperately searching for a space in a new facility. Even with that land purchase, it's probably three, four or five years away. Dana Avenue location, described as a warehouse, was a warehouse. Renovations on the building scheduled to begin January of next year. But ms Coleville said, getting more space can't come soon enough. Apparently have one hundred and twenty dogs packed in there. They don't have enough drains, they don't have enough hoses to do simple things like meeting easier. So we get it done. It it's challenging sides. More space for animals, new facility and renovations. We'll add more office space for the employees. And let me end on this local news segment by recommending you adopt one of these wonderful shelter animals. It'll put a smile on your face, and certainly we'll do the equivalent for the dogs. By thirty five and fifty five k CED talk station and kitchener remodeling. Think Pressed ESI interiors, and when you think of Pressed these interiors, immediately thinking of John Ryan. He is Pressed these interiors. It's his company and he'll be the one working with you on your kitchen modeling project. And that's a good thing. I'll tell you from my own personal experience with you, from the very beginning sit down, initial design all the way through final installation. He's really really big on the attention to detail and having done kitchens for well exclusively now almost exclusively for about thirty five years. He has great ideas. He's seen every kind of kid imaginable, both big and small. He's done projects very small to a gut rehab like we did with ours. Literally take everything out and start from scratch. You get better design, better flow, better storage. Everything is better. When John Ryan is working with you, you'd be glad. He is a PLUS with a BBB member the National Kitchen Bath Association. Find him online check out some of his work Prestige one two three dot com, Pressed Ege one two three dot com. Please tellim Brian said, how when you called a set up an appointment five one three two four seven zero two two nine two four seven zero two.
Speaker 3: Two nine fifty five krc another in.
Speaker 1: Hi for the weather sunny day to day, I high eighty five and he plusant overnight, A few clouds live sixty tomorrow sunny start cloudy afternoon eighty nine for the high clear skys On's over Saturday night with a live sixty eight, hot and human On Sunday, go I be mostly sunny day. He would a ninety two fifty two. Right now it's out for traffic.
Speaker 7: For traffic from the UCF Triumphing Center with uc Health. The future care is happening now through plenty of crowds and innovative treatment said to give patients chance for better outcomes. Visit uce health dot com. Highways doing just fine early on this Friday. No rex to worry about overnight work. Crews are wrapped up and done. Northbound seventy five and northbound fourth seventy one bridges look good. Coming into downtown inbound seventy four not a problem north bend of the seventy five ramp. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC. The talk station Jon Fisherman.
Speaker 1: Must be Friday. The answer is always yes. Question At this time, you can feel free to call five one three seven, eight hundred eight three talk time, pay fifty on etc. Funds fifty five Percy dot com where you stream the audience, get your right heard media app and check out the podcast page one. Okay, we get a Thailand for this one. I guess I can alwayst just read the headline on this shocking vid shows naked tourists who tried to rape a cow get gourd by the beast before he's arrested in Thailand there's no flag for us, Thank god, UH you have Jenny coovision Off rested in Thailand after allegedly stripping off and sliding over to a male bull, before turning his attention to before turning his attention to a female tied to a wooden fence. Why are you doing that? God knows. The Russian, who apparently was taking a vacation in Sarah Tani, Thailand, leg tried to mount the cow, only for her to react violently pinning him to the ground and goring him instant karma. Folks local has already called the police as they suspected the man was up to know good When they on Roman around the field naked. They said they heard his cries for help while being attacked and waited for the officers to arrive. Quote. Sickening footage appears to show Kovishonov bent double without any clothes on as the brown animal attacked him close quote Apparently vidy also shows the man being carried away on a stretcher after police and paramedics showed up taken him to a hospital treated for wounds on his bottom and abrasions all over his body. Paramedic from the UH well the group that treated the Russian tourists that they suspected he'd been trying to have sex.
Speaker 5: With the cow.
Speaker 1: They said, we found cannabis in his car, so maybe he was high. Don't know anybody that can get that high on cannabis, so high that you would put aside your morals, your actual thoughts, desires, and what you would normally do day to day and mount a cow. Oh that's Joe suggested maybe he was hungry and wanted to cut out the middle man. Anyway, they said, the way we found him, his actions suggested he was trying to do something dirty with a cow, that he was trying to have sex with her. Cops say they can't say for sure if Kavisionoff was actually trying to have sex with the animals there there was no Shall we just use the word residue on the cow? They apparently looked, all right, it's stuck as stupid. What can I say? In game five hour barricade situation are downtown Los Angeles and with a naked man holding a chihuahua being arrested by SWAT officers a chihuahua not his chihuahua. Joe, is that w what they're calling it these days. Twenty five year old man who had been living in the back room of a commer structure allegedly broke into a business brandished a gun at the owner before barricading himself in the room. Crisis negotiators and family members tried to reason with a man who was high on crystal meth. Drugs are made a court to Los Angeles Police Captain Amiria at Bolito. When negotiations broke down, swat officers shouted the windows with bullets and sent four rounds of tear gas into the room. The man set a small fire inside the room, then grabbed his dog and made his way to the roof court to this the spokesperson for the police. We still tried to talk him down. He finally surrendered himself. I'm happy to report man take it to the hospital. He assessed for injuries. Not clear if he'll be facing criminal charges, although I'm gonna go with he probably will. Forty five fifty five care see the dock station Emory Federal Credit Union. They opened the doors eighty five years ago. Just amazing Emory been around that long and successful they are. They are a better way to banks. I always try tomphasize that I've been banking with them for a long time. In the celebration of eighty five years in business helping out their members, they are offering special discounts as well as public events. You can visit EMORYFCU dot org get all the details as they unfold these events and bring them out. One going on right now. It's a limited time offer and certain restrictions apply, so that's why you need to go to the website if you plan on taking advantage of boosting your savings deposit with a certificate rate as high as five point two percent for six months. There you go. One of the great reasons you want to bank with Emory five point two six months again. EMORYFCU dot org is the place to find out all the details. ANIMLS number four zero one zero eight seven federally ensured by NCUA. They are an equal housing lender.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: In this edition of By.
Speaker 1: Forty nine, it took about KERRCD talk station.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm as pushing a Happy Friday and diving back on into the stack is stupid. We'll get to Massachusetts. Seabrook, Massachusetts, where a guys being held without bail. He allegedly broke into his senior housing complex apartment completely naked while claiming to be Jesus Christ. Twenty five year old rested Thursday, August fifteenth on three felony accounts of burglary, one count of each of indecent exposure and criminal mischiefs. Both are misdemeanors. Arraigned by the Tenth Circuit Court, where Judge Salwako ordered that he be held on preventive detention in the jail. Seabrook Police Chief Brett Walker said police first contact about the man's actions at quarter to four in the morning. Department received report about naked guy ringing a doorbell of a Railroad Avenue residence making comments about Jesus Christ. Report indicated of the individual left the residence and was in the area of the Railroad Avenue in Centennial Street, the last scene running towards Route one. When Seabark officers got there, they were unable to locate him. However, forty five minutes later, Walker set officers responded to a nine to one one call from a multi unit senior housing complex known as Sea Breeze Village. Officers spoke with a resident who reported a naked guy and entered the ground floor of the apartment through a window before running away down an interior hallway. Police received a similar call from the same location as the suspect entered another apartment and encountered a resident prior to exiting the second one. Walkers said, officers secured the exterior, searched the interior for the suspect. They located naked guy in the stairwell, taken to custody without incident, but would only identify himself to the resting officers as Jesus Christ. It was only through the use of fingerprints that they were able to determine who he was. Uckers said, burglars during the nighttime are a terrifying experience for resident. Circumstances like the ones in this case can only amplify those fears. These that the victims of the case were forced to confront the suspect on their own in their own homes, were able to keep themselves safe and provide police with the information needed to take him into custody. They expressed gratitude for that assistance. Just as I'm not touching that one. Let us see here continuing, but it's described as a trend of late. Officers responded to a case of a woman disrobing in public, apparently for no reason other than alcohol being involved as this tradition, explaining that she had been out in all night drinking bitch been. She was found lying on the dirt against the tree, unable to care for herself given her condition, she was transported to Sarasota Memorial Hospital under what is described as the Marchmen Act for further evaluation. No idea what the Marchman Act is. But oh, hold on, well I just dropped it, wait said, read the one underneath it. After creating a disservants with a passer by outside of popular downtown nightclub, a woman asked was asked to leave by the staff there. She stood up as a demonstration of her defiance, looked in the eye, and instead began to drink her Papa's Blue ribbon, as she called it, Papa's not to be construed with pathas. The woman who produced a Wyoming driver's license was issued a civil citation and trespassing warning. So that was the the Drew Pappus reference in that one. Pappas Blue Ribbon, Kay forty five year old men spotted naked in the city of Rome Tuesday has been charged with murder of a beloved elementary school principal in her Marcia home. According to the owner, oh Nighty a County Sheriff's office. They say Elizabeth A. Girling, fifty found strangled death Tuesday morning. She was the principal at Columbus Elementary School in Utica. Her boyfriend, forty five year old Jeremy Kersh at Camden charge with one kind of second degree murder, Class A two felony. He pleaded not guilty to the charge in Rome City Court, scheduled to reappear at some point in the future. He was taken to custody Tuesday when he was found running naked near the Fort Stanwick's National Monument. According to authorities, the Run Police Department took him infornmental health evaluation. He was taken to custody in the Sheriff's office the following day. Corn to Sheriff Rob mccoyel in a statement, missus Gerling was an amazing educator, beloved principle and dear friend of somebody throughout the entire community. Just a tragedy for the community. Obviously, she was very beloved by many, many, many people in the community. Close quote said Kersh had been at Girling's home on Monday and early Tuesday morning. He declined to comment on the length or nature of the relationship, only to identify Kersh as Girling's boyfriend. Someone went to her home Tuesday found her dad in the bad I said was quickly identified as the possible suspects. Efforts made to find him throughout the day on Tuesday. By the evening, the sheriff confirmed the authorities confirmed that the naked guy spotted in Rome was in fact Kersh, and that's when he was taking in for that evaluation. Autopsy conducted on the decedent decided it was a homicide caused by asphyxia due to strangulation. Soon after questioning Curse charged with murder. He was arraigned in Rome City Court and has been sent to the Oneida County Jail in lieu of bail. Investigation ongoing five afty five five KR see the talk station stick around plenty more to talk about coming up off top of the our news, some tech related stuff before we get to Yeah Tech Friday with Dave had he every Friday at six thirty some great stuff to talk about with Dave. As always, I'll be right back after the news. Your campaign fit stop on the roads in November helps me make an informed choice this no roomer, I will be College fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 8: Getting quality employees to fill positions in your company is essential, but finding those people.
Speaker 1: Come six six at Bitty five car Seed e Talk Station. Brian Thomas wishing you a very very happy Friday and an invitation to stick around all morning here to listen to bit they five car Seed the detalk station Morning show Check Friday, the Day you Hatter, coming up at the bottom of the hour, as we do every Friday at six point thirty. Today we're talking about the FBI seeing an increase in sextortion cases. Google is apparently going to get into the news business, and one in three artificial intelligence projects set to be scrapped. Going to the opposite direction. One hour from now. Jack Avid an amazing, brilliant man he is. We'll get his opinion on the Democratic National Convention. Devoid of all information regarding policy again, Kamala Harris just speaking in broad generalities and not offering any specifics on how it is that she's going to lay hands and accomplish something like, well, make housing more affordable. You can say it like I said. I pivoted over to Donald Trump in the last hour seeing he says he's gonna saw the War of the Ukraine Russian War on day one. How I want to know, how, how are you going to do that? What specifically are you going to do to accomplish that. I'm wildly curious to know that as of right now, day thirty three, with no press conference, you're going to have to wait around for it. Many are speculating and suggesting that at this point Kamala Harris is not going to be able to run out the clock without engaging. Of course, she's got a debate schedule with Donald Trump, but we need to wait around to the middle of September for that to happen. But between now and then, they suggest that she's going to have to come out and provide some specifics on her policies and proposals. So in the meantime we're left to speculate anyway. Jack Atherden coming up in an hour, fall by eighth, five two hoursrom Now, Peter Shabria, Calorwiam seven Hills, great guy. He is he knows all about the new real estate rules that are going into effect. I think they affect real estate agents. He's going to explain to us how this is going to impact you as a buyer or seller. Uh So that'll be at eight oh five. Peter's brilliant, absolutely brilliant guy. I'm glad I get to speak on his behalf and his team's behalf, because they do a wonderful job in the real estate business. Anyway, And since we get it's tech Friday, we got tech at bottom of the news. I thought this was rather concerning, especially looming in the background that lots and lots of reports about the Iranians wanting to kill Donald Trump, and in fact, apparently they were after some guy who tried to kill him. Just the other day, Arizona police were looking for a suspect in the llegedplate to kill Trump. No no statement that it had anything to do with the Iranians, But in advance of the attempted assassination, there were many, many, many articulated threats from Iran against Donald Trump. They've never forgiven him for killing that Solemani guy with the rocket, so they've set out loud many occasions and many people within the Iranian administration that they're going to kill Donald Trump, among others. So that's still going on. And then we've got the more broad just anti American sentiment brought to you by the Chinese Communist Party, the Russians and Vladimir Putin, the leaders in Iran, among others. You can go around the globe. Cybersecurity is a real problem. We have organized government ongoing attacks on our cyber networks, all things Internet related, including everything that's hooked up to it, like our power grid, and that's where I'm really worried. I didn't see any specific related to the power grid. Although United States facing an unprecedented confluence of security threats, according to FBI Director Christopher Ray, who claims their agency is deeply concerned about the simultaneous rise in terrorism, cyber crime, foreign election interference, and espionage activities by those who are our adversaries. It was in Minneapolis on August twenty first, speaking with the reporters from the Associated Press, his Race said he has quote hard press to think of a time in his career where so many different kinds of threats are all elevated at once. Accord to the reporting from AP. I worry about the combination of that many threats being elevated at once with the challenges facing the men and women in law enforcement more generally, he said, pointing out the rather stark statistic the law enforcement officers are being killed in the line of duty here in the United States of a rat of about one every five days. Just stick gear, get your head around that. Well, yeah, broad threats from around the globe attacking the United States, you know, via the electronic grid or the Internet or all other forms they have. We have people within our own country. You think about threats both foreign and domestic. Well, the threats to our local law enforcement officers are would be domestic threats. Ray noted the FBI is concerned about Chinese espionage and intellectual property theft, foreign election interference, artificial intelligence, and able threats, as well as terrorism. He hopes he hopes that the two industry is the particular's developments around cutting edge AI can also play role in helping protect us from wealth threats coming our way. Latest marks on built on previous warnings, including the China sponsored hackers, are poised to ears. This is the stuff that worries me and keeps me up poised to hit US infrastructure at any time with what he called a devastating blow for the purposes of inducing panic, not the FBI is increasingly concerned about potential for a coordinated terror attack here in the United States. Apparently, his warnings mirror those from other national security agencies and reports, including a twenty twenty four White House report on the Cybersecurity Posture. That's the initial cap on cybersecurity posture the name of the report Cybersecurity Posture of the United States, and the Rector of National Intelligences twenty twenty four Annual Threat Assessment, as well as its National Counterintelligence Strategy. They call it unprecedented foreign intelligence threat because foreign adversaries are deploying various tactics to focus on a range of possible targets, including to the counterintelligence strategy. According to the counter Intelligence Strategy report, they warrant that the Chinese Communist regime in the State Russia pose the most significant intelligence threats and expanding array of actors are attempting to steal national secret, sensitive data, intellectual property, and technical and military capabilities, and undermine and disrupt US foreign policy and intelligence operations. That's according to reports they're actively trying to compromise US infrastructure could equal to health, safety, the economy. And that's where I think about the grid. I mean, it wasn't that long ago. Are lettered agencies. I don't know who's responsible for looking into this found a looming in the background. Chinese created a hack. I think it was located on the routers or something just waiting to be unleashed. Never did get a whole lot of information about what that was capable of doing. But why was it there? And it was all over the place. Can you imagine? And I remember when the grid went out of the northeast part of our country as well as the large chunk of Canada. It was just like a light switch went off for hundreds of thousands of square miles of territory. Boom, it's out. And if you've got if you've hacked into the electric grid on a broad scale, what would happen if they flipped the switch on election day? You want to talk about inducing panic. The conspiracy theories we flying fast and furious, wouldn't they. But if you just want to sew the seeds of destruction, not only would you kill a lot of people if you shut the electricity off those who are like on ventilators or respirators and things like that. But you know, more broadly, over time, the longer the powers off, the more panic people become. The less likely it is that supply chains remain intact. Matter of fact, they couldn't remain intact. You can't turn the lights on, you can't operate computers. You can't sell groceries at a grocery store, now, can you. So that's the kind of thing that freaks me out. Report on cybersecurity Processor of the United States identifies five key trends. Nation state adversaries have been increasingly targeting critical infrastructure, not just for espionage, but as a strategic leverage point. According to report, ransomware attacks have also grown more sophisticated, posing ongoing threats to our national security and economic stability as these attackers refine their tactics to out maneuver defenses. The exploitation of complex supply chain, the rise of commercial spyware, the rapid advancement of AI, all, according to these various reports, present wide new risks as well as highlighting the need for robust cyber defense strategies, which of course is what Dave talks about all the time. You got to think security first. And you know, if there's one thing or elected officials and those behind the scenes in power by virtue of our elected officials and our taxpayer doll should be doing, it's making sure the grid remains intact and cannot be remote controlled shut down. Our very lives depend upon it. Six fifteen fifty five KCD talk station. For the best possible customer service and the superior products. The only superior products is what but Herbert Motors carries only the finest class lawn equipment you need. But Herbert Motors fifth generation family. In an operator, you're working with the Herbert family. They're going to serve you well, it's their name on the line, and that's why they only carry the finest products and they service everything they sell, and they're knowledgeable about what they sell. And you cannot get the level of service, quality of product, and uh integrity at a box store. I did that went down that road, and to my regret, but ultimately it was a happy ending because in spite of the fact that it was a total hassle and I accidentally bought a miserable piece of equipment from the box store, it was returned and that's when I found out about Butterbert Motors and so happy I am to recommend Butterbert Motors to you as well. Hey, and right now they're doing a John Deere inventory reduction. Sew. They got some great opportunities for you to get this wonderful John Deer equipment for the less money. So check them out online. Good to butt Hebertmotors dot com. Remember whatever you buy the deliberty, ready to run, ready to rock and roll, no problem with the heaven and you know, take it out of the box and put it together. Butterbertmotors dot com. Please tell them, Brian said, how when you give them a call five one three, five one thirty two ninety one five four one thirty two ninety.
Speaker 3: One fifty five KRC. Get ready to win? You're winning.
Speaker 1: Sex twenty the fifty five KR. See the talk station Tech Friday with Dave Hatter coming up in the next segment. David, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Same with me. I also feel good when you call five one three seven eighty three talk. I'm gonna go over to the Phone's got CJ on the phone here this morning. CJ. Happy Friday to you, thanks for calling.
Speaker 9: Good morning to you, and you know what you're talking about. The power grid and this has been a big issue for a long time. And in southern California in September of twenty eleven, they still claim it was just some Homer Simpson type.
Speaker 4: Dude in some warehouse.
Speaker 9: Some are tripped over a wire and shut off the power for almost twelve hours.
Speaker 4: In all of southern California.
Speaker 9: The playbook for chaos is out there, and all of our people know what it's like because that they was just absolutely havoc in Southern California, because of what happened to traffic and all of business that got shut down, everything that occurred, it's there and they know what is going to happen if it occurs. If you talk about these attacks on power stations, let me tell you something about one thing we don't.
Speaker 6: Understand, and we're not hearing because we have a press.
Speaker 5: So it's far more worried.
Speaker 9: About ideology than they are about the truth. There are actual physical attacks on our power stations quite a bit.
Speaker 5: There was one back in I think it was San Jose about ten.
Speaker 9: Years ago that could have been very devastating in which there were a physical attack where they.
Speaker 5: Were trying to take out a power transformer and the.
Speaker 9: Power station up in northern California is the last year in a Moore County area. But the press won't cover it because they're worried about protecting Democrats and not creating at some sort of a political attack against the Democrats somewhere, because you know the world is to be the press secretary of a Democrat president.
Speaker 1: Suffering in a power outage bears no political stripe. I must observe. If they're in favor of power outages and not solving the problems that allow power outages to be so conveniently created, then they're going to regret the day that they didn't make that elevate that to a priority, because the lights are going to go out of their house too. They're gonna be in a neighborhood where they might be violence. They're going to be neighborhood where they might be looting. On and on and on the problems of plague. You and me, as more conservative individuals go evenly and across the board with the Democrats as well. They don't have their own power supply. So are you referring to the earlier one are you referring to the time when those guys unleashed a volley of firearm or of bullets on the power grid. Yes, yeah, I remember that one. Yeah, and consider that CJ makes a great point. I'm bringing that one back up to the top. It doesn't have to be a sophisticated cyber attack or to bring the power out right. If you got a bunch of terrorists that oh, I don't know. Maybe if we had a poorous southern border where we're not paying attention to who's coming in the country. You know, if we were in a scenario where maybe two million people over the past several years were known god aways snuck into our country and avoided immigrations and customs enforcement, and they're here perhaps maybe to do something nefarious. If you coordinated enough of those one small segment of two million people, all you need maybe a thousand of them, and they're all anti American or pro Hamas or whatever they happen to be, ideologically speaking, if they hate us and they want chaos sowed in our country, maybe Chinese Communist Party members considered the number of them have come over with a couple of the border of the last couple of years. They get together and they say, on X date maybe, oh, I don't know, election day, middle of a night, get out there with your firearms and unload a volley on your local power station. It will shut out power in that general area. And while your fellows cellmates are over down the road a few miles away doing it there, get the word out and everything can come to a screeching halt without violating the grid and installing the farious software. Meanwhile they're doing that too. Scary scenario, CJ. But it's reality. It's reality, and I really don't know what to do to prepare for it. And personally, I mean, you know, you have some food at home and water whatever you think you might need. The power is going to go out. I'm worried about the after day three or four, or five or six on a broad scale. Can any of us be prepared for that six twenty five? If you five kc DE talk station, prepare your business, get it well, get it, turn it into a well oiled machine. That's what Lean ARROWLLC does. They are business consultants, and they're executives at Lean NARROWLLC, who's been decades in fortune five hundred companies honing their skills and learning all there is to know about the things that result in poor performance, low morale, high turnover, late deliveries, your bottom line is well part of the bobo online for Linaro LLC. They're experts and research across all functional of any business, both big and small, strategy, quality sales, manufacturing, supply chain engineering, EHS and facility consolidation. So the partner with you and your business and they develop a better way, a path to well, an improve bottom line and a better environment in your company. You know right now they're offering a complementary business evaluation if you're a qualified business. So find out if you're qualified and learn learn more, learn more about what Liannaro LLC can do to you or for you. I should more properly phrase it lean narowllc dot com is the form you can fill out right there and learn about the business lean Arrow LLC. Get in touch with them and start realizing your business's potential. Today fifty five the talk station. Your morning expresso starts right here.
Speaker 4: It's the Sean Hannity Morning.
Speaker 10: There's a couple of themes that have come out of this campaign. We have the Party of Freedom and Joy I don't think there's anything joyful when you go into a grocery store and you can't afford what you were able to afford four years ago. Nothing joyful about paying, you know, a dollar plus more for a gallon of gasoline. Nothing joyful to families that have been victims of violent crime because of their unvetted illegal immigrants. There's nothing joyful about victims of crime because they believe in defund dismantled.
Speaker 1: No bail laws.
Speaker 10: There's no joy in their foreign policy or them catering to the lunatics in their party.
Speaker 1: They say their freedom. They have a party that wants to confiscate.
Speaker 10: Your guns, They want to take away your choice to have a private health care plan.
Speaker 1: They say their freedom. If I hear there's one more time, I'm gonna vomit.
Speaker 10: This Sean Hennity Show from coast to coast later today.
Speaker 8: You know this is getting out of control. Our government is sinking one trillion in debt every one hundred days, that's right, a real million dollars every one hundred days. Do you want to bail the government out of debt? I didn't think so, I know, I sure don't. This is Linda And when I worry about the national debt. I turned to safe haven assets like gold and silver, and that's why we partnered with the highest rated gold company, gold Co. They have earned over five thousand five star reviews from tens of thousands of happy customers who diversified.
Speaker 3: Their savings with gold and silver.
Speaker 8: Today, gold Co is offering you up to eight years and free IRA fees plus eight percent instant match in bonus silver with a qualified account. Call eight five five eight one five gold for free IRA fees, bonus silver, free gold and silver infoKit.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Safeguard your money with physical gold and silver before it's too late.
Speaker 1: That's what I did.
Speaker 8: Call eight five five eight one five gold. Eight five five eight one five gold. That's eight five five eight one five gold.
Speaker 1: God be a Sunday day to day, going up eighty five down to sixty over night with just a few clowns eighty nine under mostly sunny skies in the morning. It'll be partly cloudy later in the day overnight clear sixty eight. Sunday's going to be mostly sunny, also humid ninety two for the high end right now fifty three degrees. Time for traffic updates from.
Speaker 7: The UCL Tramping Center with U see health a future carey is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients and chances for better outcomes. Visit uce health dot com stap fund seventy five. Couple of problems between Mitchell and seventy four. The first and the latest is a car fire that hence the right lane block. Then there's an accident on the right shoulder before you get to seventy four that involves a semi and a BMW Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 5: Friday.
Speaker 1: It is that time, the all important Tech Friday, the day I've had it brought to you by his company interest it Final on line at interest it dot com. Business curse in same business curses. They're the best in the business. You got a business, you got computers. You need interest it t to help you navigate the challenges we're all facing. Welcome back, Dave Hatter. I love talking to you on Fridays.
Speaker 2: Always my pleasure, Brian, good to be here and I enjoy having these conversations and hopefully raising some awareness and doing.
Speaker 1: Some good well sort of a subset of what the FBI cheat was I was talking about earlier in this and this hour, the FBI Director Chris Ray came out yet again. This is like the third time, fourth time he has made statements of this effect. Hard pressed to think of a time in his career where so many different kinds of threats are elevated all at once, and of course cyber threats chief among them. And here we go your first topic. The FBI is also seeing an increase in sex stortion cases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before I jump into this, let's talk about the other point you just made for a second. So the FBI has sixteen different critical infrastructure sectors out there, you know, the water things we've talked about before. Brian and I just can't stress enough how important it is for any organization that's in a critical infrat structure sector. If you don't know, you can go to the website and find out to take these warnings seriously and get serious about their security. Because again, let's look at what happened with CrowdStrike, right that appears to have been unfortunately a legitimate mistake, knocked out nine million computers. And that's just a small subset of the total number of Windows based computers out there. Again, this was not a Microsoft problem. CrowdStrike is a third party vendor. Imagine if somehow hackers could knock out all of the computers that were in like the water sector or every single Windows computer. I mean, we've got to get serious about securing this stuff. And so much of the stuff that you can do is really fairly simplistic.
Speaker 5: You just got to do it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we need to heed these warnings. I don't know if you happen to catch the story about the TP link routers. This is a common brand of consumer router from China. It's got a lot of problems anyhow. So the sextortion thing, this has been a concern of mine for a long time. I think we've talked about this probably several times over the years, but the FBI has continued to warn about this, and for anyone that has you know, younger kids or teenage kids, or grandparents grandkids that are in that sort of you know, eleven to let's say sixteen range, you really need to be understanding what this is about. Sadly, it's a real thing. You know, it's happening on a regular basis. There are kids around the country who've killed themselves because of this. This is all well documented. So this isn't tenfoil hat they've had or making this stuff up. This is this is a real crime, and there are people out there, usually in foreign countries, who will go on a site, you know, pick any social media site, gaming sites that even if your kids don't use social media, they're not on TikTok or whatever. It doesn't mean that these predators aren't in places like Reddit, or in some kind of discord or some kind of gaming type of thing, roadblocks, Minecraft, whatever. They might pretend to be another you know, teenage, They strike up a relationship, they convince a kid to you know, take some compromising photos or videos, and then once they have them, the extortion starts.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: That's the FBI has documented this extensively. They got some great resources on their website. I'll link those in my notes later, but this is the headline from the FBI document. The FBI has seen a huge increase in the number of cases involving children and teens being threatened and coerced into sending explicit images online, a crime called extortion or sextortion, and you know, they kind of get into what to look out for. It's almost always financially based. You know, they're trying to social engineer the kids again, pretending to be another kid, remember, Brian, with things like AI voice cloning. Now, it wouldn't be that hard to be a fifty six year old man pretending to be a twelve year old.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know it's so creepy, you know it is.
Speaker 11: And I don't understand that.
Speaker 1: How anybody would be fool enough to take a picture ANUTI shot of themselves and send it out into the ether. I mean, isn't that just like you know rule number one with parents and children with smart devices, never under any circumstance, I don't care under where you are, are, with whom you are, Never ever, ever take naked pictures of yourself unless you don't care the entire world looking at them. Period.
Speaker 2: I understand what you're saying, but I don't think kids understand that. And you know you've got this privacy watching aspect, Brian, where people think that the privacy settings on TikTok or Signal or whatever its protect you. You know, if you and I are using Signal to have an end encrypto chat with each other, you know, theoretically, our communications are secure as long as I can trust you, right, as long as I can trust you and you can trust me, we're good to go. But if either one of us violates that trust, I can take what you've sent me and do whatever I want with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is why I should You never film yourself having sex because till death do you part. Rarely ever ends up in the death is what depart the reason for your departing. You get divorced, and you get into anger and anger thing and you fight over children in property and oh, you know, maybe there's an issue with the videos you took and the pictures you took while you were married and you had some trust. It seems like you're just setting yourself up for failure. Period, end of story, agreed. But as they say in here, I know we're going to be out of time. This is from the FBI website. Financial sextortion is a crime. It's not your fault.
Speaker 2: You can get help report it to tips at FBI dot gov, and you can always go to the Internet Crime Complaints Center IC three dot gov, which is run by the FBI. But you know, parents and grandparents really should know about this. They should read what the FBI is saying, and there are other law enforcement agencies out there wanted about it too, But the FBI really has been good about putting information out about this. It's one of the reasons why I like Twitter, slash ax Prime. Yeah, they are constantly putting out a steady stream of useful information about this topic, as well as others. But you know, as a parent or grandparent who may not really have thought about this, don't really understand how it works, you can get some great insights here, which then can help you have the conversation you just described with your kids and grandkids.
Speaker 1: Let's a post will bring Dave Hatter back to talk about Google getting into the news business bias. Maybe that's my guess forth day of Hadder after I mentioned foreign Exchange where you get your car fixed for less without sacrificing anything at all, and a matter of fact, probably a better experience than going to the dealer. Just generally speaking, folks up at Foreign Exchange West Sister location are just truly nice, wonderful people, but experience mechanics. They are ASU certified Master technicians with data access or to your manufacturers technical information, whether your cars are traditional Asian or European import. You are in the best possible hands. You'll leave with the full warranty on parts and service. And the difference, of course between the dealer and Foreign Exchange is you will not pay as much to have your car serviced. That's it. The bottom line is the bottom Your bottom line is the bottom line. In Foreign Exchange, you get one for customer service, car fixed to your satisfaction, and you keep the money. I think it's good in all times, but most notably when everything is getting so much more expensive, including the costume service your car. That's why I recommend Foreign Exchange again. Westchester location. That's a Tylersville exit off of I seventy five East two streets, hanging right on Kingland Drive. Get our guy. Find them online, go to foreign axform the letter X dot com. Here's the number. Please tell them, Brian said, Hi five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six fifty five KRC dot com, TV talk station tech. Right up a Dave Hatter, brought to you by interest. I find them online at interest it dot com. Oh this how to put a smile on your face? Google get into the news business.
Speaker 2: Dave, Yeah, yeah, I'm what could be what could be better?
Speaker 1: Right for those for those who are not familiar with Dave Hatter stands on Google, I think we can summon up with don't use Google period.
Speaker 2: You know, Brian in the in the tech world, right, You've got these large tech com is. Google are really Alphabet, which is Google's parent, Meta, which is Facebook's parent And as a reminder, Meta owns Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger and others TikTok, etc. Right, And I just try to right to remind people. My issue with most of these companies really boils down to their business model and the fact that it's usually not clear when you use their quote free unquote products that you are the product, not the customer, and you are paying with your data, not your money. So even if you take the politics out of it, right, they're using your data in ways that you can't understand, you have no transparency or visibility into, and you know when it causes problems for you downstream. As we've talked about many times, it's difficult to address. So yeah, I'm not a big fan of these companies where you are their product versus a company like Apple or Microsoft, which they have their issues, but are generally more privacy. Finally, because their business model is different, they're selling you hardware and or software. Now I'm not saying they don't collect your data, and again I'm not saying they don't have issues, but their business model is different, so it's less problematic to me. All of that said, you know, Google has jumped in the AI space against many of their competitors. You know, Meta has AI, now Google has AI. We've seen some of the innovators like chatz ept out there from open ai. You know, X has groc, which, by the way, I find quite hilarious if you use it. I would encourage people to check out X is ai groc. It's available, you know, just through the x site and it's it generally tends to be much more witty in its output. But as we'll see in the next the story after this, you know a lot of the hype of this AI large language model AI, generative AI is kind of wearing off. And here's a scenario reported by Politico where apparently Google has struck some kind of deal with the state of California. I think think we all have seen that, particularly in the print media, newspapers and so forth. Readership has declined, numbers are down, they continue to lay people off and such. And as a way to potentially try to offset the loss of these organizations, Google has agreed to kick in apparently one hundred and ten million dollars and the state is going to kick in seventy million. This is according to assembly Member Buffy Wicks, an Oakland Democrat, who led negotiations. It would also pump some private money into this. The thing that I think is interesting about this is, and I'm quoting directly from the Politico article, toward the development of artificial intelligence tools through a to be established nonprofit effort to cultivate tech industry buy in. Funding for artificial intelligence was not included in earlier legislation. And you know, so there are two major concerns that are raised, you know, one by the article and one just because if you follow this space, you know that these lms, whether you want to call it bias or not, certainly are well documented to hallucinate or I can't use this FCC non compliant term, some call it bsing. You know, they just make things up from whole cloth, and you know they are not accurate on many many topics. So, but the other or other concern that this article brings up is, you know, the journalists that are still working at these organizations are concerned. And you and I talked about this probably at least a year ago, where you know, there have been magazines that have tried to use these tools to replace people. And that's one of the concerns they raise here is that, you know, is this money basically going to go to build sort of to make purpose built tools that would allow these organizations to generate more AI based content and get rid of even more human beings. So it bears watching. I'm super skeptical of the whole thing. As you'll again when we get to the next story, the veneer has worn off on a lot of this stuff, and a lot of people are seeing to a large extent, while some of these AI tools can be very useful in certain ways, the Emperor has no clothes. So my guess is this will end up being a gigantic waste of money and will ultimately not produce much of any good and Google will just be out there one hundred and ten million dollars with us to show for it. Is my guest but we'll see now they.
Speaker 1: Can afford to lose one hundred and ten million dollars. They probably spilled how much money on a daily basis. All Right, we're going to find out why one in three AI projects is going to be scrapped. That one the reference point he made earlier in his comments. We're going to get to that subject next with tech Freddy's Dave had our first word for it. Speaking of technology, MRI ct scans, echo cartograms, and ultrasounds also to bring from technology, that is the imaging equipment. They scan you, they take the image, they send it off to a radiologist board certified, and your doctor gets that report, and you do go to the hospital image and department or affordable imaging services. The exact same phenomenon occurs only at affordable imaging services. Emphasize the word affordable. It's actually affordable to get an MRI because over at the hospital, maybe out of pocket responsibilities a few thousand dollars out of your own pocket. The MRI itself could be as much as thirty five hundred dollars or more. It might not include a radiologist report. Probably won't you get a separate bill for that. Affordable Imaging services and MRI is four hundred and ninety five dollars, and an MRI with a contrast is the most expensive thing you can pay for at Affordable Imaging. It's six hundred and forty five and includes everything including the radiologist report, which you and your doctor will both get within forty eight hours. CT scans are only four hundred and fifty bucks without a contrast six hundred with echo cardigram four ninety five at an ultrasound coming into lo low price of two hundred and fifty bucks, same type of equipment, professionals operating. There are no differences between the images from Affordable and those in the hospital imaging department except this significant cost savings. You can learn more online go to the website Affordable Medimaging dot com. Here's the number you have a choice when it comes to your medical care, so you can call them and get your scam there five one three seven five three eight thousand five one three seven five three eight thousand fifty five. Krc the talk station Men over forty five Do you have a one thick about KRCD talk Station? Brian Thomas with a little final segment here on this Friday with Tech Friday's Dave Hatter brought to you again by his company interest I t bottom online interest I dot com. So your predictions are coming through. More and more AI projects are being scrapped, Dave, So, Brian.
Speaker 2: I think I might have mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. I can't encourage people enough. I think I sent it to you. Maybe we talked about it the article I will e fing pile drive you if you've missed AI, if we talk about this. Yes, I got to tell you this article. I just stumbled into it, you know, online one day, and it's written by you know, someone that works more or less in the field data scientist type. Very smart.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: The article is very insightful and also surely one of the funniest things I've ever read in print. His writing style and the way he takes this on it's just a thing of beauty, and it's one of many cracks that are appearing out there. I've seen well well, I suddenly froze up on the word well respected, is what I'm trying and failing to say, Brian. Journals like computer World, which is one of the journals that we're talking about now, their headline nearly one in three gen AI projects will be scrapped. Start to say, you know, have these things kind of peaked because you know, for the past couple of years, the hype has just been insane around this. And I'll be the first to tell you. These large language model based AI tools Generative AI, JATGPT, Microsoft Copilot x ROC that sort of thing. When you understand what they can and can't do, and you understand how to use him, it can be like rocket fuel to your productivity. You know, you want to write a blog post on topic X, assuming it's something you already know a little about, so you don't have to worry about the hallucination or the bsing we talked about, where it just makes stuff up and you don't even realize it. I mean, it might be the difference between spending a couple hours writing something from scratch, using a prompt on one of these tools to get something that's maybe sixty to eighty percent good, tweaking it, making sure it's correct and you're done right. Sure, but you know it's going to replace all these people and this, that and the other. I'm not saying that's never going to happen, you know, I am concerned about the future of this. As we've discussed before, and I don't know what's in some sort of lab, but the large language model based tools many many, you know, I would say industry luminaries are now starting to question have they peaked? These things are incredibly expensive. The people who've invested money in this are questioning, now, you know, we're not really making any money. How can we keep up this level of investment? And they point all this out in this article. This is a pretty well written article at computer World, but they say here, by twenty twenty six, eighty percent of enterprises will have used some type of generative AI again, large language model tool. But then they go on to say, although nine percent of companies are now leveraging GNAI to transform business models and create new business opportunities, nearly a third of those projects will be abandoned by the end of next year. Now, again, I want to be clear, I have personally used these things in a variety of ways. We've gotten some amazing productivity boosted intrust using different types of AI to automate processes to make sure people get their tickets resolved quicker, to find information that would be relevant to someone trying to solve a problem. So again I'm not saying these things have no value. When you understand what they can and can't do, it can be a real game changer in some places. But the hype, like so often with this tech stuff, has just been way overblown. Also from this article, a new Gardner survey. Gardener is one of the big industry think tanks basically said these things will go away largely due to poor data quality and adequate risk controls. Again, the bsing part escalating call us for unclear business value. You know that that poor data value and the risk of hallucination in my mind and security. You know, if you go to chat ept or any one of these sort of free online models and you put sensitive data in there, it's in their model. Your sensitive data is now in their model and could be given to someone else. So again, and then there's a video link from this article. Signs indicate AI bubble pops. So I don't think this stuff will completely go away. Again, it does have some value, but I think the hype has started to wear off. And you know, I'm eager to see what the next big thing will be because I don't think it's going to be a chatch EPT or any of these large langu smalls. There's another AI money is slowing down. So for folks that are interested in this and kind of where it's all going, I think this is an article that really does a great job of kind of addressing both the pros and cons of what's really happening without the hype on either side.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny when you say that I wonder what the next big thing is going to be. You know, at some point in time there won't be any more things. It'll all have been done before well, the end of invention. That's one of the things that always surprises me. You know, you think it's all done, everything's been thought of, and then lo and behold, and the next day somebody comes up with this brilliant product or idea, Like, how in the hell is it we have gone this far in life that someone hasn't thought that up? Dave had or God bless you, sir, and I appreciate your business Interest I T for sponsoring this very valuable segment on the fifty five Caresey Morning Show. Interest i T dot com is where you find Dave and the crew Dave until next Friday, Brother, They have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: My pleasure Brian as always, and thanks to you and Joe and all your listeners have a great weekend as well.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother. Six fifty six fifty five car City Talks Station, Demand thement the legend commentator, intellectual philosopher Jack Atherton. He'll be on off top of our news and give his opinion on what's going on in Chicago or went on in Chicago the past several days. That's coming up Nextscode. You can stick around. You're twenty twenty four election headquarters.
Speaker 10: Every voters should be asking whether America can survive four more years.
Speaker 1: Of fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 5: This report.
Speaker 1: Seven oh six. It's been a happy Friday with the drive by there by Tom, Thank you Jo, Just Chreking for sound by day. Welcome back to the vidy five KRC morning show man that I have a tremendous amount of respect for his intellect, his insight, his thoughts, his knowledge of history, the United States Constitution, among all the topics that could take me hours and hours ago through this man's credentials. But welcome back Jack Atherton to give us an analysis of what he saw in Chicago the past several days. Jack, It's always a wonderful thing to have you on the program, my friend.
Speaker 13: Thanks so much, brother, But honestly, what's the difference about it? I think ABC's Jake Tapper called last night's speech the greatest since Obama's in two thousand and eight, and that gives the whole game away. As you said, my friend, just this morning, the guy who runs the Senate, Chuck Schumer, has explicitly threatened to pack the Supreme Court, scraped the filibuster, raise taxes, while Kamala Harris is vaguely promising.
Speaker 1: A new way forward.
Speaker 13: And that new way all comes down to his song. Our side is singing my country, TI is of the sweet land of liberty. And what's the next line, Brian of the icing, Yeah, if you're at the GOP convention. But Democrats are joyfully going back to the original British version of that song, God Save the Queen, Queen Kamala. A figurehead, a man named David Pluff, is now running Kamala's campaign. He also ran Barack Obamas. And remember Obama's key word that we heard in countless speeches and saw on countless signs, saying at home, everybody hope, hope, hope distracted us from the fact that Obama had no achievements, no policies he was willing to share anyway. Pluff actually threw that in our face and called it the audacity of hope, hope and change, because Obama was new on the scene. But now David Pluff is being even more audacious. He's running a change candidate who's in office right now, who is Vice President, breaking a tie in the Senate, hiked inflation by voting for trillions of dollars in deficit spending, whose diplomacy led to Putin invading Ukraine, who his borders are, did nothing, absolutely nothing but wave in ten to twenty million illegal invaders.
Speaker 1: And that's the key, Brian.
Speaker 13: Just as David Pluff is turning kamalas cackle into joy, he's now turning her into a candidate, not for president but for a modern British monarch, a figurehead whose job is to unite the nation behind the Democrat elites, government unions, including teachers, tech billionaires except for Elon Musk, and the growing number of Americans dependent on government for crumbs. That's our future. We dismiss Kamala Harris for holding no press conferences. But that's not what a figurehead does. She's all about joy and image and winning. By contrast, Donald Trump is all about issues, or he should be. We win on the issues. So Trump should be explaining his policies. Clearly you criticized him for that, but he has to and he has to describe them succinctly. Shakespeare got it right. Brian Brevity is the soul of wit ninety minute speeches. At the convention or wherever he happens to be holding a rally, they dilute his message. Trump has to not insult, but draw sharp contrasts between his record and plans. He's got a twenty point plan on his website. Kamala Harris has nothing like that. He has to draw a distinction between his plans and the Biden Harris record of disaster, of banking the lives of everyday Americans, like all of us worse, while Democrat elites make billions off of the government. Kamala is running for queen. Trump has to run for president. When he does, America wins. So I say, God, save the President.
Speaker 1: What are you saying now? I say, you know, I get you. I hear what you're saying comparable to what a lot of commentators and pundents have said about staying on message and not daring to say a syllable negative or a name calling, and because that's what's going to get reported. That's the thing I wanted to pivot over to. You know, there's a couple of different types of disinformation or lies. Of course, Kamala Harris coming out and saying Donald Trump has you know, is going to end Social Security and Medicare, like she said last night that Donald Trump is going to enact the twenty twenty five policy, which he's already said no. Kamala Harris said he is going to well end abortion. He's going to have a national abortion ban, which he said, no, it's a state's issue, which of course is what the Supreme Court said that they even can utter the syllables national anything that comes to an abortion, either pro or against abortion. I go know, the Supreme Court said it's a state's issue. So they willare perpetrate the lies and I'll get reported by the media. But when Donald Trump could do a two hour event and say nothing but issue, issue, issue, issue, the likelihood that it would be reported on or they would give Donald credit Trump credit for actually articulating his strategy or his plan. The silence, I think will be deafening. That's another form of you know, mean stream media manipulating us by not reporting on the meat the substance of anything he says. Rather, they will cling to the one word he uses that they find offensive, the one thing that by way of name calling, I liked, even just saying kamala instead of kamala as he's want to do, That will be the subject matter of the reporting on it, leaving out everything else that would have been said over again, my example, two hour period, if I.
Speaker 13: Could be autobiographical for just a minute, absolutely a lawyer like you and both of us turned away from that. In my case, it was because I was tired of being a hired gun who had to lie. The Greeks used to speak about sophists, the people who taught you how to succeed in business and politics, as those who made the weaker argument appear the stronger. And that's what I did for a living too, and you probably as well. Oh yeah, journalism at that time. When I went back to Colombia, I got my law degree there and went to their journalism school, which was considered the tops. I learned from people like Fred Frinley, who used to work with Edward R. Murrow, that you gave both sides of the story, you got sources, you were scrupulous in your fairness, and let the chips fall where they may. There was a certain amount of bias at places like the New York Times and the networks, but nothing like what we have today. And the network was feeling pretty down for a while, Brian, when Joe Biden was doing as poorly as he was. Polls showed that people already have lost all respect for the media. But now that they can take this, you know, I hate to resort to the kind of invective I've asked Trump not to engage in, but this nothing. Kamala Harris, who's gotten everywhere, she has occupied, every office, she's occupied through DEI. They're seeing that they can take this woman and put her into a tie with Trump, perhaps even ahead. So they're really feeling full of them, and that's going to make them even more dangerous. The debate is our best hope at this point. Even if they give her the questions, even if the questions to her are softballs, Trump is going to be the guy who can win that debate. The race is his to lose. He has to stay on message.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, Jack kind of hold you over because you are a true student of history, and I want to bounce something off your head that has been going through my mind for years and years now about the loss of our sort of collective respective moral bearing and political bearing relative to the rest of the world. You know, the bearing that we used to have back before the fall of the Soviet Union. Past form him, We'll bring back Jack Evident for some more commentary and discussion, which I thoroughly enjoy well. The sound by word sound we saw the DNC providing no specific illustrations what Kamala promises to do if she becomes president, although she will lay hands and solve the world's problems, like make housing more affordable. That's what she says, and we don't know what the hell she means by that. And as he pointed out, you can flip over to Chucky Schumer, who actually also did a similar SoundBite content free speech at the DNC, but was out about on the media networks and answering questions from you know, the likes of CNN and others, and pretty much saying exactly what we know they're going to be pushing for, which is packing the Supreme Court, getting rid of the filibuster, expanding government. We go on and on and on. So that's what it is. We know what Kamala Harris's record is. Twenty nineteen illustrated it all. It got her absolutely nowhere, and we know where we are right now, which is not in a very good place.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Thomas Soule wrote about it.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 1: He went to, we do three and thirty million Americans deserve to see their lives ruined by another four years. The Democrats' economic disasters, unchecked violence, but both domestic and imported criminals. He put it out, military fiascas like Afghanistan, the spy balloon coming over the United States, you know, photographing our military installations, ended up being allowed to do that, on and on and on. We know we're plagued by problems. We know where they came from the Democrats. But there's Kamala Harris neck and neck with Trump and most all of the polls, even in the swing States. So it's confusing to me. Jack, And going back to my comment leading into the break, we used to have a seemingly stark political contrasts. We had the ability to point to the failures of the Soviet Union, our biggest Cold War arch enemy, and point to the breadlines, the lack of available you know, stuff and things. You know, they didn't have Levi's jeans or whatever the hell is they wanted. You had to look to the government to get bread from. So therefore breadlines, you know, you know, just stifling liberties. You know the task media outlet, which is state controlled media. We used to make fun of that. We talked about freedom, Jack, We contrasted our freedoms and our liberties and our success, and we had the Soviet Union to point to as a relative a barometer. It worked. You know, there there were political there were people in the Democrat Party. Of course they might lean socialists, but you never said that out loud, that eurosocialist or communists. Now they say with pride in glee and people rally around it.
Speaker 5: Jack.
Speaker 1: Do we lose our moral bearing? Do we lose our freedom bearing?
Speaker 9: I mean?
Speaker 1: Or have we just all become a bunch of you know, useful, useful idiots in the country. I'm puzzled.
Speaker 5: Yes, we have.
Speaker 13: You and I have talked about this for years. You can read about it at great length in a short book that I wrote called The Lighthearted History of Liberty. It's ninety nine cents on Amazon. I really hope you'll get it. I know you have, Brian, and you said nice things about it. It all comes down to a steady, inexorable decline in national character since the end of World War Two and then the Cold War. Kids have been going to universities all that time. They were sent there by parents who were members of the Greatest Generation, parents who were challenged by the Great Depression and then by the war, and then by the rebuilding of America and the rest of the world through the Marshall Plan, the constitution that we helped give to Japan, the trade status that we hoped to would change the Chinese national character. These people were absolutely incredible. They also passed the civil rights legislation that, one hundred years too late, finally made sure that all men really were created equal in front of the law. But the kids who were sent to college, including you and I, were taught by Marxists. Marxists who first made their way into the universities in the nineteen twenties and now have several generations of students who are indoctrinating these kids who become not the best in the brightest, as David Happostrim used to say, but the ones who were most powerfully placed in our government, the real best in the brightest, the people who used to build up businesses in this country and raise families and go to church and join civic organizations. They are being weeded out Italy, and by design when we send our jobs overseas, and we have towns like my wonderful town Middletown, which is now a shell of itself, not through any fault of the people. Jdvans of course writes about this in Hillbilly Elegy, and he was able to lift himself out. And I see people all over town who are trying to do the same thing. But they are facing the culture that's been created by this Marxist. Not one generation, it's now about five or six generations who are simply anti American because they don't buy the American model that was unique in seventeen seventy six and seventeen eighty nine when we had the Constitution, which was we're not going to be a top down society, the kind that Queen Kamala can preside over. We're going to be a bottom up society, not because we're deplorables on the bottom, but because so many of us, or our ancestors in my case, came here with nothing and they built themselves up that they had a sense of responsibility. They took responsibility for themselves and their families and their communities and for this country and for the world, and they didn't shirk their duty. But that's all we've been doing now, and we have become a country of wastrels, of spoiled kids.
Speaker 1: Yep. I was going to just go there myself, because you know, I hear it from my son who's thirty, my daughter who's twenty eight, and I've been paying attention to talking with them as they've gone through, you know, each of their developmental years and you know, the teenage years, and of course the younger twenties, and I just bounce ideas off their head and kind of test the water of what they're thinking. And you know, they don't not my children necessarily, but I get the impression that people their age generally just don't want to put in any time. They don't want to work, they want so much flexibility. They want to, you know, focus on their free time and a life of luxury and work is overrated, and yet they want to be paid a lot of money for not really engaging in, you know, challenging tasks, putting in the extra hours, like you know, with a work ethic. If I may be so bold, it's lacking. And you know, I just don't have an appreciation for the cold, harsh reality of having defend for themselves. And that's where that's the path we're on, you know, with this just looking at the fiscal realities of our country and how much debt we've racked up just based upon what we promised so far, and then you look at the plate of things that the Kamala Harris administration would pile on if they got their own way, Medicare for all for example, and housing subsidies across the board. This further puts us in financial peril, meaning everyone who is reliant upon government is in a perilous situation. They should in the words of Tool, my favorite band and the song that opens this morning show, learned to Swim.
Speaker 13: The only thing that separates America at this point it's not gonna last, is the fact that we can print money, we can go into thirty four trillion dollars worth of deficits. There are countries now, they're called the bricks Nations, Brazil, Russia, China, there there are others that have joined who are now trading among themselves with their own currencies.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 13: If that continues, and it will, then America is going to go down the tubes because we cannot be as irresponsible as we have been unless we can just keep printing this money. But you know, when we were growing up, Brian, our parents and many other people, you know, predicted that with our addiction to what they called the boob tube television, which was still relatively new, our generation was just going to unravel. Think how much worse it is now with these kids lombing onto their devices and TikTok and all the rest. I you know, I hate to sound like the old guy in his low but really there's no other way to look at it. And you know, the kids have been taught that they no longer have to go outside, play sports, join the the four age club, join the debating club, whatever it is. I mean, they're just these passive, instant celebrities on their own devices and we just have to change. We talked also in the past about a British historian named Arnold Toynbee who said, the only way that society has changed when they go into steep downward spiral is through some catastrophe. Just as the Greatest Generation was forged by the Great Depression, yes, which had been preceded by the giddy nineteen twenties, which were completely irresponsible, understandably in some ways because they were coming out of World War One, and also the flu pandemic, which made our recent pandemic seem like a sniffle. That generation needed catastrophes to come up to snuff. If Kamala Harris wins, it'll be a catastrophe because I don't know that we can never have another free and fair election. We're going to be challenge to have one now, but there is still time, and each and every one of us has to do something to make sure that not just Trump, but everybody down the ticket gets elected, because we'll be no better off if Chuck Schumer stays in charge of the Senate. We just talked about what he wants to do, and of course Nancy Pelosi is gone from the scene, but Hakem Jeffries and everybody who's waiting to take that house speakership is prepared to do the same thing, which is to completely unwind the American constitution.
Speaker 1: Jack ed what we'll do. I have Joe put your the book you reference that you wrote up on my blog page. If you have Casey dot com again ninety nine cents. It's obviously well worth a very small expenditure to hear what Jack writes about to read what Jack writes about Jack, we should do a regular segment, have you on and engage in this kind of discourse. I really enjoy it. I thank you for spending time with my listeners and me, especially on a Friday, and I look forward to hiving back on the program as soon as possible.
Speaker 13: Ran, I'm going to be away for a while. I'm going to to one of my daughters who lives in England. But yes, I am looking forward to doing a regular segment. It would be an honor for me, and it's one way that you know, I can try to make a small contribution if people you agree.
Speaker 1: With some of what I say, absolutely a welcome contribution here on the fifty five carse Morning Show. If you have Cassey dot com. Get Jack's book, Joe. Put it up there.
Speaker 11: Jack.
Speaker 1: We'll talk soon. Safe travels while you're in the UK. Here's your nine first warning weather forecast. Sunny in eighty five today down to sixty or night with a few clowns. It'll start sunny tomorrow and it'll segue into partly cloudy skuys with the high of eighty nine overnight down to sixty eight clear Sunday, a hot one ninety two for the high end humidity returns. It'll be also mostly sunny right now fifty four in time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: If you see health, the future of care is happening now through plentyful trials and innovative treatments that give pay.
Speaker 1: It's a chance for better outcomes. Visit uce health dot com.
Speaker 7: All clear sat found seventy five The problems between Mitchell and seventy four backups gone too northbound seventy five.
Speaker 1: That's doing fine through the cut.
Speaker 7: So is northbound fourth seventy one, slowing just a bit from time to time, right side of the bridge. Chuck Ingramont fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty three couple up with seven thirty four to fifty five krs CD talk station. Feel free to call in and get one probably one local story in the numbers five one, three, seven, four, nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three taco pound five fifty on ET and T phones and get out over a fifty five kr SE dot com. Get a copy of Jack's book. You'd be glad you spent a buck on that when you learn something at the same time. And he is a great writer. He can get his other books where searching around online too, Just search Jack Adverton where you buy your online books. Uh, here's a local story I can get in here. I got time resident accused of starting a fire in her own home. It happened at Fairfield on Wednesday night while people weren't inside. Forty one year old April Caldwell now behind bars facing one kind of aggravated arson. Fairfield Township police reporting it happened to the six thousand block of Morris. The firefighters at Fairfield a dispatch to the home about six o'clock in the evening. They got there. The emergency crews noted that the fire started by arson after a trained dog detected. Accelerants investigatially identified the suspect as Caledwell, a resident of the home. She fled the scene before the officers got there. Two victims were inside the home. They suffered non left threatening smoke inhalation injuries, both taking to a nearby hospital for treatment. Fairfield Township Police officers found Caldwell walking on a nearby roadway and that's where she was arrested. Currently in the Butler County Jail. That refire remains under investigation. If you have any information, Fairfield Township Police loved to hear from me Otherwise crime stoppers three five two thirty forty five one three three five two thirty forty and of course it being Friday, we will be catching ourselves a crime stopper bad guy of the week coming up at the end of this hour before we break for the news, and after which we'll hear from Peter Shabrie, my real estate agent, brilliant genius. There are some new real estate rules that are going into effect and it's going to impact both buyers and sellers. He'll explain all that to us after the eight o'clock news. Hope you can stick around for that ipe you can stick around were to talk about. I'll be right back after I mentioned. Oh, look, timing is everything. Peter Shabrie, Peter Spurrier, Kellowiam seven Hills. The guy is a genius. He heed's a friend of mine and I know I know he is a very savvy businessman. That's why his team is basically guarantee you a five star experience. They have any Sincinny's number one real estate sales group because they know what they're doing, very friendly, very knowledgeable. They know all there is to know about buying and selling homes and the little skills and things that will improve your chances, for example of getting prevailing in a bidding war. That's right using Peter Spier, Kelorwiams seven Hills. Multiple different plans they have than nobody else's offering, but they help you leverage ANNI Max cash, the Keys program, and by making a cash offer as a buyer with the Shebri Group, you'll have a better chance of winning the sale, often for a lower price and with better terms, and this statistically increases your chance of getting your offer accepted big time, like ninety percent with fewer options. Just one of the plans offered by petershamgree and Keller Williams seven Hills. Work with any one of those team members, you'd be glad you did get in touch on the day. Seven zero eight three thousand. Dot com is where you learn more online. Seven zero eight three thousand dot com Call them up at five one three seven zero eight three thousand, fifty five KRC. Steve Perrin's cool. Here's your nine first morning weather forecast. Today sunny eighty five, over nine down to sixty with a few clowns. Tomorrows high eighty nine with mostly sunny morning and a partly cloudy afternoon over nine sixty eight with clear skies. Sunday that's got high on ninety two with humidity, so I'm not happy about that.
Speaker 7: Also sonny fifty five. Right now, time for traffic update from the UC of Health triumphan center with uce Health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatment said give pay and some chance from better outcomes. Visit you see how dot com southbound seventy five, so those a bit through Lachlan ask those inbound seventy four between Montana and seventy five break flights now northbound seventy five out of earl Linger Pass, Buttermilk and southbound seventy one into Blue Ash. Chuck King ramon fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven one fifty five Krcity talks station, Happy Friday, Love Fridays on the Morning Show. Love Friday's generally speaking, he why not just think about sleeping and it makes me happy. Let's go to the phones, making me happy when people call in and want to discuss something five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk or pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Chuck, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 11: Hey Brian, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 14: Appreciate it. Happy to Yeah, I love your show. So just wanted to comment on Camel's speech last night. First thing I saw this morning, because obviously I didn't stay awake and watch it, but the first thing I saw was just the hypocrisy of how much she blames Trump for everything that has gone wrong and the political persecution that she says he's going to impose should he become president.
Speaker 4: It's it just it just blows my mind.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 14: And then you know the biggest thing too is find someone in your life that loves you as much as the Democrats love killing babies.
Speaker 4: It's it's just, oh, I know, unbeliev.
Speaker 1: Yes that it's Chuck. I'm glad you brought that up, because you know, usually I don't like to bring up topic of abortion. And I'm happy to say it's a state's issue. Now somebody can argue amongst themselves. But it's it's really gul I mean, it's beyond ghoulish. They've gone from simply like, wait a minute, we let's let's let's have a nice discussion on the access to abortion because there are some horrific situations out there where a woman has gotten into trouble. It wasn't her fault, she was raped, it was incess. You know, it's whatever. And it sounded like it was a plea for a passionate understanding and that the underlying it needed to be passionate understanding, and you needed to have understanding because the underlying procedure was collectively viewed as pretty blank and horrific. Now it's something to be celebrated. I got an abortion. Look at me, Look at me walking into the abortion tent. Hey, come on, I I just can't imagine how we've gotten to this place.
Speaker 11: It is so it will not be another form of contraception.
Speaker 1: No, it shouldn't. Concerception is so widely available planned Parano to give it to you for free.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: It's one of those great services they offer that doesn't involve killing babies. Get some I agree.
Speaker 14: I mean, anyway, thank you, thanks so much for all you do, and I'm glad you're paying attention.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Chuck, thank you very much for the kind words and for bringing that up. Yeah, that's been pent up in the back of my head since I saw the abortion tent and then I saw the people proudly dancing around celebrating it. Believe what you want, but that, but celebrating the eradication of a baby. And then you know you got Maxine. I mean, this is even you know, the whole idea again, if it's early, you can even make a plausible, arguable case that you know, very early abortion. You have to do it because you know your uncle raped your daughter. I get the horror of that. I understand that argument. You draw your own conclusions based on morality or ethics, whatever, But you know you can sell that. But late term. I would like to point out both of my children were born in eight months, happy, healthy, ready to hit the ground running eight months. They didn't need any further baking. Maxine watersn't asked about that. Congressman, would you, commerceman you see yesterday, would you support restrictions for late term abortions? And we're talking right in the wheelhouse or where my children were born. She turns away, ignores the question, and it walks away, which is what most Democrats will do when this subject, this smaller slice of the pie is discussed. You want to discuss it logically and rationally and reasonably. You want to point out that a state's right, a state's interest in the life of that child could actually be accomplished. You could induce labor at eight months and have a live baby. Let the state take it if that's the state's idea. And if the state wants to restrict your access to killing a baby at eight months, then let it take care of that child. But Lord Almighty, that a state will endorse and protect what I can't call anything other than outright murder based upon my own personal experience with havin kids. But it's gone from just sort of a defense based upon some defendable select sliver of circumstances. To again, outright, it's celebration the Party of Gules. It's all I can conclude. Seven forty five fifty five KR City Talk Station USA installation. Moving away from that to a product that is a political that is awesome in all weather conditions. You're gonna enjoy the benefits of the USA insalation even if you're not running your HVAC system, although that's what it's all about, saving you money, but also comfort, and that's the benefit of USA's premium foam. You not even have to use your air conditioner in certain parts of the summertime. After we got the phone from my daughter's home that was their case, I said, how's that working out for He said, man, you know that's crazy because it keeps the house such an even temperature that in the way their houses built, we hardly even have to run our air conditioning. You know, I'm serious on these days like yeah, So that comfort comes immediately. You're gonna know it's a quieter home, one that is more efficient. You know, you put ice in a cooler, it stays ice for a lot longer. That's the point. So you get massive energy savings, so the product pays for itself. USA foams the interior walls of your home, and you pay for that, they'll give you a free attic insulation free, and then comes the tax credit. Next year when you're doing your taxes, you're gonna be eligible for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax. It's like taking twelve hundred dollars right off the already affordable price at the USA Premium foam. The only ret you're gonna have is is you didn't do it earlier, So give them a call. The inspection is free and the quote is free, so it's for under insulated homes and no insulation homes. Mid seventies is the cutoff point for those. So if you're not sure whether you have enough that old fiberglass in there, call them up and they'll let you know what you've got. Then you can make an informed decision. But again that part's free. Take advantage while the special is going on. Learn more online at USA insulation dot net. That's five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one.
Speaker 3: Foam fifty five KRC. Don't miss our twenty.
Speaker 1: It's the nine first on forecast telling us today will be a sunny day with a high of eighty five, few clouds every night sixty for the load. Tomorrow's sunny start of the day, It'll become partly cloudy at some point eighty nine for the high, down to sixty eight over night with clear skies Sunday. On Sunday humid and hot with a high ninety two eighty. It's rather fifty five right now in time for traffic.
Speaker 7: From the ucl Trianthhics Center with U see health the Future a careous happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit useehealth dot com. Seth bend seventy one. I'm starting to see some break lines pants to seventy five towards Fifer southbound seventy five, heaviest Ada Lackland in beound seventy four. A few break lights between Montana and seventy five and northbound seventy five slows out of Errolinger Pass, buttermilk chucked ingramon fifty five KRRA see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty here fifty bouth KRSD talk station. Happy Friday, I'm gonna go to the phones. Who will good day before we catch ourself as a crime stopper, bad guy of the week day. Thanks for calling this morning, and happy Friday to you, sir.
Speaker 5: Hey Brian, Happy Friday you as you as well.
Speaker 1: We made it through another one, yes, amendo that.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 12: Two things on Kamala's speech, just two comments over here. The first thing is is, obviously, you know, abortion is always going to be a tough you know, a tough issue. But at some point in time, if you're looking at this logically, everyone has to admit there is, at some point in time a human life. Yes, at some point in time, I don't you know, I can't tell you exactly if it's at the moment of conception or you know, at this period of time, but I know at some point in time we do have a human life. So to contrast that with this example, I was on Anna Maria Island a few weeks ago. There were all these eagle eggs nests. So if Kamala and in her supporters, if I went up to them took the eggs out of the nest, even if they were laid as recently as the night before, if I took those eggs out of the nest and said, hey, I love I love the turtle eggs and then to ete those What would happen to me from Kamala and her support supporters.
Speaker 1: If they have a feeling you would be in violation of multiple criminal laws involving the protection of an endangered species.
Speaker 12: Right, and so obviously, even though it's an egg, they would make the argument that it is a turtle. So therefore scarcity of life does not equal life.
Speaker 11: It's still life, that is correct.
Speaker 1: I will be a devil's advocate in connection with your argument though, and I'm not arguing with you against the logic and reason of what you're saying. But the egg is then outside of the turtle slash eagle air go. You could take it and put it in an incubator and then you know it would develop into a fully grown eagle or turtle. Now that's the argument you make when you're talking about state's interest. Can the fetus exist outside of the mother's womb and still live, because otherwise, as body python poured out, you're gonna have to put it in a box and have a jest a which we all know is impossible at least, right, But we do know that we.
Speaker 12: Have the technology that you know they're able to raise premis all the time. Oh yeah, yeah on that because you took it to your if I took a two year old kid and just dropped it off in the wilderness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't like its chances either.
Speaker 12: Exactly, it's going that way. But it does conform exactly with their constant argument of the climate change. The enemy to the world is humanity. And yeah, this is the abortion agenda of the LGBTQUI agenda.
Speaker 4: That they've pushed so hard.
Speaker 12: Do not promote the brief, fruitful and multiplied that we had in the Judeo Christian foundation any man, yet religions as well.
Speaker 1: And you probably stumbled upon maybe the ultimate point on that, plus the indoctrin and children into thinking that human life is in fact breeding cockroaches, which are all bad for the world. Yes, a lot of children have bought into that. Said I'd never bring a child into this world because it's going to kill the planet.
Speaker 11: Day.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for the call. I appreciate your points very much. Let's get to Lisa Baker. Always appreciate Lisa Baker, Officer Baker from the cincint Police Department of God bless the Sin Sint Police Department for what they go through and do for us every single day of the week. We can help out, which is why we're going to catch ourselves a crime stop er, bad guy of the week. Welcome back, Lisa Baker in a very happy Friday to you.
Speaker 15: Good morning, Happy Friday. We're looking for a Jose Gilberto Sanchez gotta see you and he's wanted for domestic violence, strangulation and probation violation. Mister Garcia is a Hispanic mail thirty nine years old, five foot three, one hundred and seventy two pounds with a neck beard. Who with a neck beard? Yes he does, and he frequents Gilmore Avenue in Westwood.
Speaker 1: One of my listeners may know where this guy is, which will have information to help police find Jose Gilberto Sanchez Garcia. What are they going to do, Lisa Baker?
Speaker 15: Give crime stoppers a call five one, three, three, five two thirty forty night or day.
Speaker 1: Thank you Lisa again. God bless the CINCINNT Police Department. We'll catch ourselves another one next week. If you want to see what neck beard Jose Gilberto Sanchez Garcia looks like head over to the podcast blog page fifty five casseea dot com. We're Joe's going to update that to include yes, a copy of Jack evidence book. Oh look, it's right there along with the podcast at fifty five caroseea dot com for all that. At top of the our news, great guy Peter Sprie Colorwiams Seven Hills Real Estate Group. There are new real estate rules that went into effect, I think as a consequence of some legal challenges about how commission are made, you know, the commission fee for the seller the agent. So Peter's going to tell us about how this changes the dynamic in the real estate market. He'll be on off top of our news to explain, to explain that if we can stick around and we'll have time for more phone calls to in the eight o'clock hour, I'll be right back after the news. Tamala, this is where you get the very latest. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsor.
Speaker 4: It's the stuff they are pushing.
Speaker 1: People are talking about a violent rhetoric against Hush.
Speaker 5: But if we dare to fight back, we are the violent one.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRS the talk station at six it's Friday and a very happy Friday to you, made extra special. I'm happy to welcome to the fifty five Carcy Morning to explain the what seems to me to be confusing reality the current real estate market and how the buyers and sellers agents get paid. Welcome to the fifty five car Se Mornings. You're the only real estate agent I I would even ever consider if I was considering selling my house. Peter Shabria Keller Williams seven Hills, seven zero eight three thousand dot com. Peter, Welcome to the program, my friend. It's always great talking with you.
Speaker 11: Thanks Brian, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: You know everything there is no about the real estate market, and I'm pleased to be able to speak on your behalf because I know what a wonderful job you and your agents do, and you've got such a great team. But I saw when this legal challenge came out, and I didn't really read a whole lot about it. I just knew that the way real estate agents were going to be paid was going to change because there was a legal decision from late last year that discussed the situation and said no, it was unfair that the seller had to pay the commissions for both the buyers and sellers agent. So explain the way it was and then help me and my listening audience understand how it is now, because I think it's gotten more complicated.
Speaker 11: Peter, Well, first of all, thank you for the compliments, Brian, I really appreciate that, and we love with you, We love working with your listeners, so thank you as always for the support, and you're absolutely well. Thank you very much. You're absolutely right. A little bit of a history, lesson a brief one, is valuable here. We all have to remember that prior to the early nineteen nineties, there was no concept of buyer agency. Sellers hired a listing agent. The listing agent would charge a commission, and when a buyer called and took a look at that home, the listing agent would be the person that would show the property and facilitate the sale. There was a giant misunderstanding by the buyers, thinking that that agent was representing them an expensive transaction, and so what happened was a lot of buyers were being taken advantage of because they had no one to represent their best interests. And that's when the concept of buyer agency was introduced in the nineteen nineties, and the way the buyer agency was compensated was that the listing agents were happy to share some of their commission because they had to do less work per transaction and the consumer bet by having representations. So that was a great advancement in the advocacy on behalf of consumers in our industry.
Speaker 1: Well, it was also got to observe that was pre Internet, and also the access to the MLS, the multiple listing service was limited to people who actually had the license in real estate, wasn't it was it a real like closed system where you could just pull up a MLS listing and go through them yourself.
Speaker 11: Brian, that's an excellent point. It was a very closed system. Information was hard to access, Pricing information was almost impossible if you weren't in the know, and so the consumer, the buying consumer was at a serious disadvantage prior to the nineteen nineties when buyer agency was introduced. So that was a huge step forward in protecting consumers and the acquisition of real estate. And the most recent this NAR settlement that we're all starting to experience is another step forward in transparency for consumers. What this is really about is that consumers didn't understand that. Generally speaking, consumers didn't understand that their buyer's agent was being compensated by the seller. And so you know, as as a species, we humans have short memories, short term memories, and we all forget that that buyer agents was formulated in that agency was formulated in nineties to protect consumers. But those those agents that represent the buyers still have to get compensated, and they were compensated by the listing agents sharing their commission. Well, there was a perception that prices were inflated to pay for this buyer agency representation and that and this is where you're absolutely right. Before there was no there was no technology that was systemizing all this. Now that the multiple listing service exists in all these municipalities municipalities around the country, that commission sharing business practice kind of became aim systemize and institutionalized through technology, so that all of a sudden, it very much can appear as though there's this system or this racket that can appear as though agents are colluding and fixing commissions. Does that make sense, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can see that, but there would be I mean, it becomes why I guess my reaction is well, it becomes widely known you know what an appropriate commission is, whether it's you know, three percent, four percent, five percent. That information gets out in the market adjusts accordingly. Because if there's an agency over there that's charging six or seven percent, and the world finds out that no, you can only you only really have to pay three or four percent, clearly people are going to move over to the lower commission realm and go there.
Speaker 11: That's exactly right. And that's what this is all about, is that, you know, the plaintiffs that ultimately filed suit against the National Association of Realtors and all the other large brokerages and ultimately Department of Justice feel as though there should be more transparency around how real estate agents are compensated and who's paying for it. And that's what this is all about, is creating additional transparency. And so the rules, there's really kind of like two core rules that are changing. The first one is that buyer compensation buyer agent compensation can no longer be something that is shared just between real estate agents and the agent community. That's no longer we don't let each other know how much we're compensating. In fact, we don't really do that anymore. And the second thing is the buyer can no longer look at a piece of real estate with the real estate agent unless they sign a buyer representation agreement. And in that agreement, it's got to disclose a couple of things. One, how long they're going to work with that agent, Two, how much that agent charges, in three the scenarios of how that agent could be paid, and actually force to make sure it's clearly disclosed that the concept that real estate commissions are negotiable, and so that again brings additional level of transparency to the consumer. And I think you're absolutely right. I think different agents are going to offer different value to consumers, and ultimately the consumer is going to decide how much an agent is worth. And again I think that that is healthy for our industry and for the consumer.
Speaker 1: It sounds to me like you are going to be earning less commission.
Speaker 11: I think it's possible, and I'm the consumers are going to be able to have a choice in how much they want to pay for representation, and representation takes different forms. Remember, on the listing side of things, commissions, well, commissions have always been negotiable, both the buy side and the list side, but consumers had more experience negotiating listing listing commissions. When an agent shows up in your kitchen and talks about putting your home on the market, you have an express conversation about that agent charges, and that is a negotiable moment. So that's now going to happen on the buy side. And there are all different kinds of models on the listing side. You know, you have agents that are charging premiums and agents that charge so called standard amounts, and you have discount agents. When I first got into business back in two thousand and two, there were discount brokerages where a homeowner could pay five hundred dollars to put their home in the MLS and there was no advocacy on behalf of the listing agent. That was called a discount brokerage model. Well here we are twenty two years later, and those discount brokerages represent less than one percent of the transactions and the multiple listing service. So consumers want to be protected. They want experts, and they want to and they're happy to pay for proper representation where someone is advocating for their family and their finances. That's not going to go away. I think different levels of advocacy expertise will show up now on the buy side of the transaction with different correspond compensation amounts. But at the end of the day, we all have to remember, for the majority of us listening to your radio program right now, buying and selling real estate are some of the most expensive I don't want to say a high risk, but sort of like high value purchases of our lives and making sure that we have someone that can advocate and protect us is critical. When you have a major health issue, you don't try and find the cheapest doctor. You try and find the most experienced doctor that can help you navigate back to health. And so yes, it's very possible that commissions will be compressed, but ultimately I think that's going to be determined by how good agents are at communicating their value, at educating their clients and what they do, and how good of a job, what their track record looks like, and advocating for their clients. So we may see commission compression. I think what we will definitely see is less real estate agents in the industry. I think it's it's now going to become a little bit of a higher skill industry. And I think I think the agents that are doing this like part time, they may they may de select themselves from the industry. And again I think that's probably ultimately a benefit for the consumer as agents that more of the agents that are in our industry are working full time, have deeper levels of experience and are able to best advocate on behalf of their clients.
Speaker 1: Well, and you've been emphasizing. I even wrote the word value down. There is such a tremendous value to get a truly getting a truly experienced real estate agent. Because there is. I mean, you could just just give it a couple moments time and think of the unbelievable pitfalls that might be waiting for an inexperienced home buyer, like, for example, a first time home buyer. Do they know about, you know, home warranties, Do they know about buying as is? They know about you know, looking at an HVAC system and how much life it's got left with the Sure you have a home inspection, but we all know how reliable those guys can be. But there's just your experience really in yours to the benefit of most notably people who are not experience at all. It's worth paying for that because you could I mean you can ultimately save your clients, but I mean could save them tremendous amounts of money, but also keep them out of some potentially horrific situations.
Speaker 11: That's exactly right. It's a lot of times the best real estate agents make it feel like a smooth process and you kind of scratch your head and go, well, what did I pay them for? Well, you just paid them for nothing. Dramatic happening and making sure you wind up with the right house in the right neighborhood, with the right amenities that's going to be the right fit for your family and its needs over the course over the next five to ten years. A lot of what a great real estate agent does is block and tackle on your behalf without you even knowing it, and also being a great consultant to make sure you are buying the right real estate because real estate is not a liquid asset, right, and so you really need to make sure that you're doing all the right du due diligence, but also vetting what real estate best compliments where I am living my lifestyle today and also where am I heading in my life and how does that real estate reflect my personal journey that I'm going to have over the next five to ten years. It can be a real mistake to work with an agent that doesn't necessarily go as deep with you of these questions and you wind up in a house two to three years later that no longer meet your needs.
Speaker 1: It's like Canada, great financial planner, you know.
Speaker 11: One hundred percent, yes, sir, that is exactly right, and that is evactly real estate a no, no, no good. Real estate is for the majority of homeowners, the single biggest driver of wealth. It's actually interesting. There's a great article in the Wall Street Journal two days ago about how millennials, who for the longest time were lagging previous generations in their acquisition of wealth, just in the last few years are now further ahead than previous generations in the amount of wealth that they have acquired, and the single greatest driver of their wealth acquisition has been the equity that they've seen grow in their homes. So, just like a financial advisor, real estate advisors are rate in great real estate, and it's great for advocating and protecting your best interests, but also setting you up on the right path to home ownership, which is by the way, the fast track to building wealth.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and Peter Ford part Company, I just saw you one more minute here. Can you give my listeners just a general understanding of the current Greater Cincinnati real estate market? Are we still short on housing stock? Are there still bidding wars going on? Thumbnail sketch if you don't mind for a moment, Yeah, great question, Brian. Absolutely, we are still in an acute seller's market. It's softened a little bit, but we are still in a seller's market. Some pockets of Cincinnati are starting to move towards a balanced market. But if a property is priced well and presents well and is in it is in a market where there is a significant level of demand, that that property will probably go into multiple offers, multiple offers, and that's where a bidding work can show up. And that's where Peter and his team can help you out as well. Also as a seller's agent, they knew exactly what to do without, as you know, as little as money as possible to have. What's polish up, what to change the where the value shows up for an improvement like painting a room or doing this or changing something in order to maximize the sell price of your home. That's one of the things you get in terms of value from great real estate agents. Peter Scherbriet Colowiams seven Hills. You can find them online at seven zero eight three thousand dot com or call them up at five one three seven zero eight three thousand. Peter, thank you so much again for your support of the morning show and helping out my but most fundamentally helping out my listeners. I know you are definitely worth the value and the commission.
Speaker 11: My friend, Well, thank you, Brian. I really appreciate that. What we often tell our clients is prices what you pay, the value is what you get.
Speaker 1: Amen, brother, we'll talk soon, my friends. Stay well. Best to you and your team. It's eight twenty right now. But if I have care, see the talk station Color and Electric Family and an operated since nineteen ninety nine. Speaking of home ownership. Yes, you will have electric needs. You will need some great electricians. What you need is a team that prides themselves on their honest reputation, the quality of their work, their customer service. You get that with Colored Electric. Column has been around and the team's been around since well twenty five years, since nineteen ninety nine, and they provide great value. Speaking of value, what you need done, whether it's an outlet installation, rewiring your whole home, getting the generator installed like I did with Culin, It's going to be great price and the work will be done to your satisfaction, along with a ten year wiring warranty on anything they do for you. So when it comes to residential electric needs, you can call my friends Cullen with confidence. Learn more online color Electriccincinnati dot com. That's c U L E and Cullen Electriccincinnati dot com. Tell them. Brian said, ho man, you call for the appointment five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two fifty five KRC. Get ready to win your sunny day today high of eighty five says Channel nine. Over night down to sixty if a few clouds tomorrow, mostly sunny start of the day with partly flotty skies showing up sometime after eighty nine for the high. Overnight lowes sixty eight with player skis and a hot one on Sunday with a high of ninety two, humidity and a lot of sunshine fifty seven.
Speaker 11: Now time for.
Speaker 1: Traffic update from the UC Health Traffic Center with u see health.
Speaker 7: The future of KRE is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 1: Visit ucehealth dot com.
Speaker 7: Southbound seventy one right two lanes are blocked off with some debris in the roadway above two seventy five.
Speaker 1: That's backing traffic to fields Turtle.
Speaker 7: I'm no longer seen a delay pass what's left of the accident in eastbound on the latter row near Montgomery. They're on the right shoulder. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRS The talk station a twenty eight eight twenty nine fifty five KRCD talk station. Always enjoy hearing from listeners five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk pound five fifty on eight and T phones and you get your podcast fifty five k SE dot Contact Friday this morning with Dave Hatter and of course that great conversation with Jack add In about the DNC, as well as some sort of where we sort of sit in terms of history and voting and the uh seemingly deterioration spiraling out of control. If I may be so bold conditions here in America. So that's all there in the podcast page. And someone who I always enjoy hearing from welcome back to the fifty five Casey Morning Show, was Sai Jim.
Speaker 5: Jim.
Speaker 1: Good to hear from you, brother.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 1: No, I don't like that Mustang. I do not like that Mustang. That thing looks stupid.
Speaker 4: Oh that's actually an off road vehicle.
Speaker 1: I know. That's why it looks stupid. He posted a link to me on a new Mustang model that came out. It's all jacked up. It's got got a lift kit on all four wheels or knobby tires, like, come on whatever that I know it is. I've seen it posted multiple places. It just looks dumb. It's like that point. Yeah, yeah, I need do one hundred and ten thousand dollars right, okay.
Speaker 4: And you can get a Shelby for that kind of price, but you know the Shelby looks a little bit better on the street. Then you get a basically an r V Mustang.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's unbelievable. Whatever I called.
Speaker 4: Did you see the article about the the FBI and the police are probing the possibility of an insect attack at the convention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were actually there were two insects attack insect attacks if you want to call maggots insects, but I think we can fairly do that. I don't know entomologists.
Speaker 4: Maggots.
Speaker 1: Crickets and maggots were released inside the one of the hotel where the DNC delegates were staying. And then there was a follow up one. I think just yesterday I read that I believe it was Tuesday, someone had placed, ay think or there just happened to be bugs put some type of insect in the breakfast that was being served to the folks that were attending the d n C. So I think there were two separate Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the women hid in the bathroom. Would you think that I guess here we go with the secret Service or the police again, that they would have you gone through the hotel and checked and seen why these women were in the bathroom for probably an hour so beforehand with a jar full of crickets and maggots and wondering what the heck they were doing in there?
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe, but I bet they spend they spent as much time as humanly possible finding since it was an attack against the Democrats and the Democrat delegates. They will leave no stone unturned in searching for the perpetrators of the insect attacks either one, and they will certainly find them and bring them to justice. Unlike they will probably pass it off as a joke. If it happened to the Republicans.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it was.
Speaker 11: It was Trump he organized this.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I know, you know what when I when I read about the second attack, my first reaction was thinking, oh, geez, you know, if you're a Republican or Conservative out there, don't do this. This is not you know, imaging is always important, and it's not a good image. But since credit was given to the anti Israeli folks for the first the maggot attack, they said it was a it was it was a statement or intended to be a statement against the Democrats for their stance on Israel. So I don't know it could come from anywhere these days.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess, you know, they've gone away. It was also the bomb threats, but that's just normal, you know, And on these kind of things they call into the hotels and just constantly call in bomb threats and things like that.
Speaker 1: It happens to local schools around here.
Speaker 4: I guess, I guess that's just one of them things where they figure out that they can disrupt a breakfast for God's sakes and then run through the hotel and throw maggots into the food. I mean, that's this plain disgusting. I mean, come on, people, grow up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wouldn't the world be a better place.
Speaker 4: But anyway, get that bike out Sunday. We're not going to have many ninety degree weather anymore. Man, Get that thing out. I know, fate, no more construction excuses. Get that thing out right, that's not I.
Speaker 1: Never used construction, you know what I use as an excuse. And over ninety degrees plus humidity equals me leaving the bike in the garage when it's seventy out and no humidity. That's when you're gonna find me on the bike. I'm a fair weather friend when it comes to motorcycle riding, and I prefer it being cooler out than hot. I detest high heat and humidity on a motorcycle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the sweat, the sweat does get to you. When I used to ride, and that's the only thing good about holding the legs out, letting that air blow up. Into your like if you got jeans onto your pants and blow up into there to cool you off, and you have to be moving to do that.
Speaker 1: Come to a stoplight in one of the longer ones, when the sun's beaten down and the heat's coming off the engine, it's just uncomfortable. Call me a wiff. That's fine. Everybody's got their own preferences when it comes.
Speaker 4: To speaking to many nice days left.
Speaker 1: So now I was speaking to the fellow riders out there who ride when it's below zero all the way up to more than one hundred degrees, like, suck it up, Tom, and suck it up, Buttercup. That's who I was talking to, was Saie Jim. Always great hear from you, brother. I look forward to Senior Listener Lunch will be the first Wednesday of September at Weedaman Brewery in Saint Bernard. Please put it down your colendar and show up. It's going to be a good time. It always is a good time at Listener Lunch. I can get one. One of the most bizarre stories are the most bizarre story that I could find in the morning show local news. We have a resident accused of starting a fire in her own home. Yes, arson was determined to be the cause of the fire happened to Fairfield Township Wednesday night while there were people inside. Forty one year old April Caldwere a resident. Caldwell, a resident of the house that was burned down, is now behind bars on one kind of aggravated arson. Fairfield Township Police providing the details six thousand block of Morris Road. Their firefighters and police were dispatched there a little after six pm Wednesday, and they noticed that the fire when they got there was started by arson because a trained dog detected accelerants. Investigator later identified the suspect as Caldwere Caldwell, who was a resident of the home. She fled the scene before they showed up. Two victims inside had to be treated for non life threatening smoke inhalation. Police officers found her walking on a nearby road, where she was arrested. Currently being held at Butler County Jail. But if you have any information, crime stoppers love to hear from you or the Fairfield Police Department Crime Stoppers I have one three, three, five, two thirty forty and you can help us catch a crime stopper. Bad Guy of the Week Officer Releasa Davis on at the end of the seven o'clock hour, providing the deal with the details on neck beard. Guy gues his picture right there sporting a neck beard. That's a good look, he said, with his togue in his cheek. He'll he'll help us find Jose Gilberto Sanchez Garcia. I go to fitchy five KC dot com and check out his mugshot and help us drop a dime by calling crime stoppers stick around. Please feel free to call. We've got a couple of segments left in the show and I should rather talk with you, but first someone else I'd sure rather talk to if I'm talking about mortgage related issues. Suzette low'scamp, wonderful lady. I cannot emphasize enough to you what how experience she is in the mortgage business is more than thirty five years. But customer service, Yeah, you're working with someone a you know it's Peter Shabride has got them pointing out this looked the biggest financial transaction you'll ever get in your two in your life. And you want somebody that's gonna get you through the process painlessly and quickly, and someone who knows everything they're doing, especially if you're a first time buyer. That's Suzette Low's a camp. She helped my daughter out. I think it only took a couple of days to lock into financing and now they're enjoying the benefits of having their own home. Thank you, Suzette for helping out my daughter. She just raved about the experience. And you would I ever send my daughter to somebody that I wouldn't recommend to. You Absolutely not call her up today. You can leave a message. You might call her right now. I think it's outside of business hours, but she may pick up. But if you leave a message, she'll call you back. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six license in all fifty states and Puerto Rico because she's with Cross Country Mortgage five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Send her an email so she'll get right back that way too. Suette dot Low's camp spelled l s E. Kamp Suzette dot Low's camp at CCM dot com fifty five car the talk station man If a red tile dysfunction is affect time for the nine first warning weather forecasts gonna be a sunny day to day going up to eighty five. Few clouds overnight sixty for the low eighty nine are high tomorrow with mostly sunny start of the day in clouds coming in sometime after player of a night down to sixty eight and hot on Sunday, ninety two degrees humidity and sun. It's fifty five degrees right now. It's a five KRCD talk station. How about traffic right now? Chuck from the UCL Traffic Center with U see health.
Speaker 7: The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 1: Visit usee health dot com.
Speaker 7: South Pound seventy one is running an extra twenty minutes from Fields Eartle towards two seventy five thanks to debris and the roadway above two seventy five and hands the right two lanes blocked off SETH Pound seventy five continues to run an extra five through Blackland northbound seventy five heavy gest said Kyle's Chuck Ingramont fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Eight forty one fifty five KR se the talk station. Very happy Friday to you. I'll be a great opportunity or have something going on this weekend and that it's a fun weekend for you. I saw Jermaine October Fests this weekend. Harr Toltzman, our resident German act expert, just posted something on Facebook. I was thinking, my, so, how come they aren't in studio right now with German food and beer promoting the event. Not angry about them not coming in, but it's been quite a few years since we had the Germani Octoberfest folks on here. So just let you know there are plenty of opportunities for fun and games going on, and I love those octoberfests. Gim me kite is what you get, and look it up. You know exactly what I'm talking about. If you've been to an Octoberfest event by any one of the number of local German clubs and they aren't literally all over the place. Makes some sense of this for me, would just since we had Peter scherbri On talking to the local real estate market. As I read the apparently something called Assembly built eighteen forty, Democrat Joaquen Arambulah from Fresno, California introduced this state legislation which will help illegal immigrants, illegal aliens whatever you want to call them, folks who are in our country violation of our immigration laws, yet nonetheless set free into our country depending their hearing date. They're now under this they will be eligible for interest free home mortgage loans as well as assistance with down payment. So you thought it was tough enough, Now you have a whole new swath of folks who are otherwise not eligible for these types of programs now eligible for them. Apparently, as this described in the reporting on this that the bill becomes law, illegal aliens or immigrants will be eligible for a new program offering a loan worth twenty percent of the purchase price of the residential property, no monthly payments, and no interest occurring on their loan.
Speaker 11: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Rather, the loan is paid back when the borrower the loan recipient in this particular case, the illegal immigrants, when they refinance or sell the property. That's when they have to pay back the original lum plus a twenty percent increase in the value of the property. Now, I guess to the extent you didn't have enough incentive to come into our country previously, well, now you have some additional incentive.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just the reality of it the word gets out on these types of programs and the programs offered by the no non governmental organizations you and I are all paying for. They are the ones that are opening the hotels. They're the ones that are facilitating the transfer of the illegal immigrants from the border twenty given city, providing them with food and sanctuary and resources and you know everything that's your tax dollars going through, for example, Catholic Charities. Now I thought it was rather an used I can't remember the specific dollar amount, but I recall it being and don't hold me to it because I'm working off recollection and I read hundreds of articles every single week. They have been the recipients of hundreds of millions of dollars for the purposes of, yes, facilitating and resettling all the illegal immigrants in our country, part of the charitable mission for the Catholic Charities. Well, if it was under any other circumstance, what's the first thing that comes to mind that the Democrats might scream and yell about, or that the acl you might run the court in on. Right, Oh, this is this is not separation of church and state. You're in violation of the Constitution. You federal government by handing over American taxpayer dollars to religious organizations, are violating the First Amendments separation of Church and State, wouldn't they. Well, it just depends on whose ox is being gored, now, doesn't it. Let's get Fred's call. Maybe go a little bit long in the segment, but Fred is on the line. You can call to feel free. Fred. Welcome to the morning show. I'm great, Fred. It's been a while since I see it's been a while since we talked. Man. Did they fix your street yet? No?
Speaker 5: No, damn it not fixed the street worse than what it is.
Speaker 1: Fred. I have been using fix Fred Street as a thumbnail rallying cry for the damned people locally to get their act together and prioritize their mission, which is to take care of the stuff and things that they bought already infrastructure roads and ignore shiny, bright new objects that distract people. Fix Fred Street. Sorry, Freda're not.
Speaker 6: Doing it, okay, but okay. One of the things I want to talk about first is that it's forced. The immigration thing. Yeah, us, you know, I'm just using myself.
Speaker 5: It's forced. I've been complaining about.
Speaker 6: The immigration for over fifteen to twenty years. So, get me wrong, We've been complaining that the Africans and the Arabs coming into our neighborhoods, taking over the buildings, most of the crime in our black neighborhoods, and at the Arab stores, and they the people that's selling drugs standing outside the stores. Go to Watering Hills, go to Westwood and the stores. You see them in front of his Arab stores. I don't want to say I'm not against Arabs, let me say that, but that's the thing that's happened.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: You have the Africans coming into the United States actually you know, going into these churchills, getting the I guess the free mills, the free food, and also getting these loans from the government to start their own business.
Speaker 5: We've been here all our life.
Speaker 1: We can't do it there, you go.
Speaker 5: That's our problem. The Mexicans.
Speaker 6: I understand that they're coming here, but until they start infiltrating to don't get me wrong, the Caucasian apart, then then they start paying attention to it. All I'm saying is we've been complaining about this for fifteen to twenty thirty years now, and nobody's doing anything. And I tell anyone right through Westwood, right through Price Hill, right through Water Hills, and stop at these stores, and you understand what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I get it all day long. Fred, I absolutely get it, you know.
Speaker 6: And I know it's hard when they at the top of the hill looking down, they don't see it. You can't see that far out. Well, you had to come down to where we at first to understand what we're talking about. Well, that's kind of like I said, I don't like neither one of the people that's running, so I got to make a decision soon.
Speaker 1: Fred, I hear where you're coming on that point. We're coming from on that point too, Fred. We live in the strange times, but you make a valid point. Fred has been in a disadvantaged communitee for a while. He has not received the services that he is entitled as a constituent, as a resident, as a citizen. Everybody news coming in, whether they come from the continent of Africa or they come from the country of Mexico. They're getting stuff and things that fled Fred's neighborhood and his people have been denied and declined for years and years and years. Where's his government handout, where's his assistance? With starting a business.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me say one more thing before I get off the phone. Sure, okay, I'll stay in Westwood. Work Road is I guess it's a private road that you have a lot of beautiful houses on a lot of influent people stay on that side. But every five minutes, ten minutes, you see a police car going up and down the street. Sir, two blocks over. You can be two days never see a police car. Yeah, that doesn't make no sense.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, and you know, on its surface, when you put it that way, I'll agree it doesn't make much sense. But you know, police tend to respond to areas of higher crime, and if they have a presence in known, statistically known areas of higher crime, they tend to cruise around in those areas more than other areas.
Speaker 6: So naturally, you know what I'm saying, is that work road.
Speaker 5: There's no crime on that road? Why keep going up and down that roll?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 1: Why are they allocating resources to work differently?
Speaker 5: Right? Why don't I go three or four streets over? What crime is that? Okay, that's what my problem is. Change your route sometimes.
Speaker 1: And fix Fred's road wire, right, and Fred, God bless you man, thank you for thank you have a great week. Forty nine after Fred called the last time, I had like six emails and instemessies you gotta. I hope Fred calls in more often. He makes sense you what else makes sense? Allocating a few minutes of your day to find out if you can save one hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a month, save that kind of money well also at the same time getting better medical insurance. It's the team at Cover since he yes, John Roman is the principal there, but he's got a wonderful team and you can work with any of them when you call them, but it starts with a phone call or a filling out of a form on their website which I'll give you the site in a minute. And what they do is an analysis of where you are within medical insurance coverage. You're paying all kinds of money out of pocket, you have no dollar one coverage, you can't afford it, all the different reasons you might want to reach out, but the bottom line being again YOURTTOM line, as it is with so many of my sponsors, they're looking out for you and they do an individual analysis. You would be an analyze if it's your old family are looking for medical insurance for us, like family of four. They look at all four of you or six or eight. Same thing with groups. If you are a business owner and your people can't afford medical insurance and you're struggling, they can improve your business's bottom line while looking at each employee in your group to find out what the best package of insurance is. And I say package because they work with hundreds of insurance companies and thousands of different policies, so they put together a stack of policies. Well, you know, one for this, one for that. It's simple, it's easy. Any questions, concerns, claims, problem issues, you just turned to John and the team and they solve all of them. You never have to get on the phone with an insurance company and hang on there for a couple of hours to start the process. No obligation five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five Online Coversinc. Dot Com, fifty five KRC dot Com