Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Alliance Podcast, where we cover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe, from the comics, TV, the movies. We go from Earth six one six to the Mojo Verse to the TVA in order to bring the Marvel Universe right to you. I'm the nerd with the mouth David. I'm Travis Alliance u S Volume three hundred and three, and as you guys will notice, we've got a special guest hostsay filling in while Chris is out of town. Travis, how are you doing and things?
Speaker 2: For filling in, I'm doing well. I'm going on holiday after today.
Speaker 3: And I want to thank you to It first came.
Speaker 2: Around the schedule to allow me to do this because they had a surprise. They're having a surprise verst they party thousand filers, So we're going out to day early. Not the greatest thing in terms of I'm not really excited for four hour drive, but we got such a great episode today that I could not be more happy that we get to talk because it's like I told you before we start talking. In my opinion, this is the single greatest episode of this and the previous show one episode. This is the best of one episode that I've ever seen for this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was such an amazing episode. I've had a very up and down a rough week. As we were talking offline, I had a death of a family member that happened to day, literally just hours ago, So I've been dealing with with that all week. He has been sicking in the hospital all week, and so we knew it was coming, and so to have this as a breadth of fresh air. This is one thing about these various different mediums is that it allows us to take that break from reality, get a reprieve of what's going on, and just sit back and enjoy. And what a hell of an episode to enjoy, with.
Speaker 2: So many Easter eggs, so many crazy things like this. Again, like I told you, I'm so glad we get talked about this episode after all the stuff you've had to deal with in the past, like twenty four hours especially, So yeah, I can't wait to get into it. So I'll let you take away with all the paperwork before we get started.
Speaker 1: All right, yep, So before we get into this amazing episode, let's get this show plugs out of the way. We are part of the geek Goldsmid Alliance Network with six shows covering a wide range of geek and nerdom. To see the full list, check out the show notes below and subscribe to the Geek Goldsmid Alliance on x at Guapod network so you know when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon so if you like to throw a few shukels our way, We've got two tiers. We've got a one dollar tier which is just our chip jar. It's a way is say that you think we're doing a good job. And then we have our five dollars tier for ad free episodes, early access and Patreon exclusive episodes. We have on the Marble Feed. We can watch this all day. The Marvel Alliance ince you rewatch, including all twenty four movies from the Infinity Saga. We have tails from the House of X rewatching the Fox movie lineup, and then we had the Baxter Broadcast, which was the rewatch and first watch for some of the fanat Fantastic four retro films, and we just dropped just dropped Cape Expectations, the Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes rewatch and first watch. So every month we will give our thoughts on five episodes of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The first episode just dropped last week and it was a great run for a very fun show. And Travis, I'm sure that you have seen that show as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've reviewed it, like I want to say, like a year and a half, two years ago in Animation Nation, I reviewed it and in my humble opinion, is the best portrayal of Hulle. That is, they're an animation maybe ever in whole both sides in that way. Too soon you should have died for Avengers assembles to rotten the ashes and you guys are in for a great time because you guys, you picked a great show.
Speaker 1: Yep. So for me it's a rewatch. For Chris it's a first watch and he's doing it along with his son as well, so it's a good time. So we want to thank our patreons. We cannot do this without your support. If you want to join us on Patreon, go to www dot patreon dot com. Slash gua network And if you can't join us and you want to rate and review the podcast feeds, just go to Apple Music, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts from. Give us a rating there. It really helps us out. And last but not least. We would like to thank our sponsor, Organic Price Books Dock Come. Sorry, panel Bound Comics, I keep forgetting that they change the name. Panel Bound Comics is our official sponsor for Marvel Alliance. They sell graphic novels, omnibus collected editions at great discounts and everything in stock and pre orders. You can earn rewards on every purchase that will earn you disc counts that you can use in your next order. They shipped to the US and internationally and secure packaging to sure your books arrive undamaged. Go to panel bound Comics dot com. Use the promo code Marvel GUA to get two dollars off on every order, or mgua sit to get five percent off when you order four or more books together. Yours are referral link in the show notes listed below and let them know that you are a Marvel listener and they have got some great stuff on there. I'm very excited about Captain America Modern Era epic collection. You know, the return of Bucky Barnes, the man who everyone thought for the longest time would be the character who stayed dead in comics, ended up coming back and has had a monumental run.
Speaker 2: Ever since I noticed somebody in the third cover there we're going to talk about it had a little appearance.
Speaker 1: Yeh, yes it did. So that being said, Episode four, The Rise of Apocalypse, Part two, what are your high level thoughts?
Speaker 2: Like I said, this was pretty outstanding everybody involved in this that there's a little pat on the back from the writers to the animators to the voice actors because everything looked amazing, sounded amazing, was well written. There's a discussion that's had between four or five of the characters at one point for a minute or two, and it's so cool. It's like five different perspectives on what they're doing out of five different like ones that have like lost, ones that have like can want to do more, ones out of religion, ones that have it's just science and yeah it's pretty and one that have previous experience it's doing the same thing.
Speaker 3: And I really enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: And it was only like a minute conversation and you're like, man, they're doing so much in this thirty minutes. Also, how awesome would have been growing up if we actually got thirty minutes of cartoon time When it's locked after thirty minutes instead of getting twenty two minutes like we.
Speaker 3: Normally used to get with the ads, like thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Everything perfect, and I didn't know what was happening because I didn't look at the time, and I like didn't be like, oh when this is gonna end. It was such a great episode and I can't wait. I'm interested to hear your thoughts and yeah, I can't wait to get into yah.
Speaker 3: Episode.
Speaker 1: Beautifully written, episode, amazing. Just every character got a moment to shine within themselves and this was a real big build up, and I think something that for me being a fan of the show, for me watching the original X Men as a kid, plus being a fan of this current show. There were so many Easter eggs and callbacks. I mean it even starts with the opening itself. Just so many Easter eggs and callbacks that you just got to really enjoy and take in this. And like I said, it was great from start to fit. I think they they really made full use of this entire episode.
Speaker 2: Can I say one thing that you reminded me? I have one complaint now looking back, I hope they don't do this as much going forward. But they revealed a couple of things in the intro that like showed.
Speaker 3: Up like beasts with the ship and knowing the ship.
Speaker 2: They showed that that you showed that in the intro, and that that makes me think a certain character is coming down the line, and that might be how a certain character of returns. We'll get into that and later on, but there is that they showed a part from the previous season when someone was using their mind powers on another character, and yeah, I feel like we're gonna that's gonna come back around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said so so many callbacks to things that have happened, not only in X Men ninety seven but in the original X Men. So what that being said, let's go ahead get into spoiler territory. Let's get into this in X Men ninety seven season two, episode four, Rise of the Apocalypse Part two, and this was written by Bo DeMeo, former showrunner, and Anthony Ciletti, the same two men who wrote Rise of Apocalypse Part one, which was the last of the last episode as well and what happened with Boa Marvel aside, this is against some beautiful, beautiful writing all throughout.
Speaker 2: And so, David, if you want listeners a good thing to do, if even if you haven't. If you've already watched this episode, go back and watch the four part episodes from X Men ninety seven Season four Beyond Good and Evil Part one, two, three, and four, because there are a lot of things that come back to play in this episode from those four.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's another episode as well, Obsession, which is a good watch to get into this as well, and you know it. Between Obsession and Bianca Nivil you will also see some old meme worthy X Men stuff from original things. You'll know where certain memes come from. So getting into the episodes once again, we get a new opening combining remade footage from the original X Men, So we get remade footage of Bishop falling through time. We get remade footage of Charles and Magneto teaming up when they were younger to show off their powers the first time they meet. Then we also get just like new footage as well of everyone else. The only people featured in this opening are the people from the team that is in the past. We get also a view of Gambit and Rogue in this opening, so there's a lot of hints at where this episode is and where this is going. But it was nice with Charles doing the opening of it, the doing the last time on X Men before going into this, So that was really cool. They are they are really maximizing these openings. And if you are hitting the skip opening button on this show, you are doing yourself one hell of a disservice.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you can't.
Speaker 2: And then if the only maybe the only backdrop is just in your head for the rest of the day at that point, So maybe that is why you would avoid it. But that's what a great sign has stuck in your head all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we probably open on the aftermath of the battle from the last episode. Magneto has put a shield to protect the X Men and only the X Men, as in Savigner's partner, Ball is the only one who has died from this attack, prompting Ner to be filled with rage.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He offers them a chance to explain their lies, but only because since he can see that they are strong in the that they are also mutants or what he is now learning to be mutants is the only reason that he is going to give them a chance to talk, Otherwise they would be taken out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and here Magneto even reflects that I could only save like a few of us when yeah, yet this exact same situation happened to me on Genosha.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Bishop says that they need to return to the nineties asap again four episodes running. Think got to return to the nineties. Night Crawler says, you know, like he wasn't a decision maker and all this, but he's hell on for the ride. Rogue wants to use Magneto's plan to make everyone who died in Genosia survive. You could tell Magneto is also feeling some type of way still about everything that's happened in Genosha and wants to you know, that weight in guilt's wing on his heart and he wants to reverse it. And Beast, being the ever you know, political person he is, suggests that they take a vote.
Speaker 2: And this is one other thing where you give props to the animeters because they do so much with the character's eyes and looks in this, like Magneto can infer from Rogue's eyes that the only reason she mightts to go along with her his plan is to potentially get Gambit back, and that guts Magneto, but he still goes look at you, and they show it all with looks so Yeah, I gotta give props.
Speaker 3: To the animators for this because this is fantastic.
Speaker 1: When she mentions getting back things that were lost and they cut to Magneto and the again animated show. But the guilt that is drawn on his face in that moment, you can tell like, all right, And that's when Magneto takes it upon himself to be the only vote as he destroys Bishop's device, leaving them stuck where they're at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, him still thinking that he can change Evanser, which I mean, that is my probably biggest issue with their decision here, after all the times that you even Magneto, especially because in the four part episode that I was speaking about, Manto teams up and works for a packlasts for a while but didn't realize how crazy he is and goes against him.
Speaker 3: But yet no, you think you can change him in the past like that.
Speaker 2: No, it made knows him for me, that the decision to go down that road. And yet it definitely can be only because Magneto's feel but so much guilt that Genosha and he doesn't want it to happen, so that is what is driving him here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Magneto is not the best with his plans and how they they turn out.
Speaker 3: So especially like to well here.
Speaker 1: So at that point, Charles and You're they talk about the future. As Charles tries to peel to him for a better future, gives him a very a very happy view of the future, a very positive view. He's telling him about the X Men and the possibility of a better world. He's leaving out a lot of things that have happened in the world, the negative aspects of it. He's talking about the brighter future. He's being very you know, positive and things like that, and just skipping all the Trump and the heartbreak and everything that they've had to fight through, the uh, the bigotry that exists now, and everything else. He's just skipping past that.
Speaker 2: He's talking about half a dozen times they fight Apocalypse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, leaving out that that is one of the greatest enemies of the X Man. Just none of that is there. He's just only going against you know, here's the sunshine and rainbows. So Charles suggests that they use the temple of cosmic power that is calling out to Neure in order to reach this new beginning that Charles is hoping that they can get to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Back to the last episode when Magneo says, like, they think that that is a way they can get home, and that's why he broke bracelet to because they want to go there get that power.
Speaker 1: So Charles begins to access nurse thoughts and get visions of his upbringing, you know, him being ripped away from his mother, him being the first mutant, and being a slave in Egypt. We see him growing from a baby to being sold into slavery, and the person who sell him into slavery is saying, you know, ignore the way he looks, Ignore his skin in his face and his eyes that promise you he's strong. And we then see that he evolved as he's working with the rest of the slaves and he's kind of a pariah because of the way he looks and the way he is. But then we see him like growing from being this child to being the strongest slave. And then this is where we get, you know, a first little cool Easter egg as we see him being a strong slave and he's moving statues and erecting statues all on his own, just him pulling on a rope and we see lined up statues of Kanchu, so moonnight fans will recognize. Yes, it had the shape of the beak and everything had the crescent in there that there was no mistaking that these were statues honoring kan Chu that we see there. So we see him become the strongest slave, and then we see him lying in a room again away from all the other slaves, because even though they revere him for his power, he's still not accepted as one of those. And in his vision as we see or laying there, a voice reaches out that says, come be eternal. And if you had closed captions on, it kind of spoils who this is. But we will get to who it is a little bit later. But if you had close captains on his spoils it, or you might have picked up on the way that the stars lit up in the sky who it was.
Speaker 2: But no, they didn't give away who it was to me. I just knew what group of people it was, but I didn't know which one specifically.
Speaker 1: No on Disney Plus the second time I watched it with the captions on, it literally says the name on there is who is speaking And I was like, oh, okay, good thing, I've already seen this episode. Or that would have been a huge spoiler to me. So at this point, Charles knows the temple is in a hidden location, Nor knows that it is in a place that's known as the Gardner's Gaze, and Nor will use the stars to guide them to that, and at this point, you know, they they agreed to go and travel together. The team traverses to the Gays. As they walk under the constellation the stars again, the six major star from this vision light up, and the temple reveals itself. The group decides to camp out for the night. As Rogue is sitting by the fire and Nora comes up to her to have a conversation about love. Rogue talks about love and how important it is and her loss of it, and Nurse says that he's never experienced it. To him, love is pain being ripped away from his mother, being sold into slavery. That's all he knows is pain and their closeness. You know. Kind of gives a callback to an episode from the original series called The Cure. That's when Rogue decides that she no longer wants to be a mutant, and so she goes to Apocalypse who is going to make her one of her horsemen, and that's when she after some back and forth and realizing, you know, she loves who she is and all this other stuff, she changes her mind. And then that's when he takes Angel and turns him into Archangel instead.
Speaker 3: One. Two things.
Speaker 2: One was I want to make give them special shadow, because this is the attention to detail that I love from this show and the animators. Four of the people are on horses, two of the bigger people that would be too heavy for horses are on camels as they walk up Beasts and Advancer, Like that's just extra level attention to detail that not many people would notice that, but I absolutely loved that. I actually smirked my seap because camel's prefer much heavier people and heavier loads, and so yeah, I did appreciate that. And I love the whole conversation with Rode here. This backs up what Rogue is thinking going forward to with the what she wants with Magneto's playing and such. So yeah, I really love this scene as well, because this whole episode was firing on all cylinders.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, it's again very much attention to detail. The writers and directors and the showrunner of this is that they're just wanted. So at this point we see Rama Tut who begins to use his own possibly stolen knowing what we know in the comics of Rama Tut and who he is possibly stolen version of Cerebro, to reach out to Charles. He offers to tell him the secrets of the temple that he knows he's looking for. Charles asks who he is, and that's when we get the reveal of Rama Tut saying, oh, I've been called by a many name Nathaniel, Victor, and even King. So in the comic books, Nathaniel Richards in the future, you know, steals some technology and starts to traverse through the past and present, making himself a god in some times, and you know he is Rama Tut in one era, he's king in another. Are This is how he starts becoming King the conqueror, of stealing various things and traveling through time, the saying that I was once called Victor. There is an alternate timeline where a version of Victor von Doom becomes king. So it's just all these these cool little things when he says that. But yes, we get our our definitive that Rama Tut is King, the conquer.
Speaker 2: I also loved the little cerebral type thing he was wearing, like, that is a pretty cool. It looks like his version of cerebro.
Speaker 3: I love that. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: Us so and again in the comic books, Nathania Richards steals technology from museums.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He steals technology which allows him to travel to the past, and this could easily be explained as in one of his various time heist he went and stole from somewhere a version of cerebro because it looks just like it other than the symbol on the helmet.
Speaker 2: You just stole the design too, right, And then he yeah, used it for himself, So yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: So King explains that he is in the Access of Time again this go back and why that four part episode and you will get a good deep dive on the Access of Time where Apocalypse makes his home base. Charles asks why he came to this time to enslaved nouris people. King admits that he came to take the celestial power and use it to conquer. King tells Charles that he cannot stop Apocalypse, never has been able to stop him, and never will.
Speaker 2: Be, and it might be because it's a causal loop between what they're doing and like it might be a fixed point here where he and it definitely is when we get into it a little bit later of why he gets his powers and stuff.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it is just it's a very good episode here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so before we get into the next part of the episode, let's go ahead and take our first commercial break. Listeners, remember we don't control the ads ats. Help keep the light on. We'll give you a second to turn the volume down in three to one and we're back, all right. So at this point, the team heads inside the temple. The group sees the head of Isan, the searcher, who, again, if you had captions on earlier, it was well that that's the voice that you heard. He is a celestial and he is right in the middle of this temple that we've gone into. The group says.
Speaker 2: That the screens in the galaxy too, right, he was wipe out a whole planet, right, Yep.
Speaker 1: He's featured in the Gardens of the Galaxy. I think he was one of the people who is featured in that celestial episode of what if? Uh So, like he's made his round. So those who are wondering, you know, when the Eternals were coming back. There.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: You got a little bit of an Eternals action.
Speaker 3: And they're never mentioned in the previous series.
Speaker 2: They mentioned the Celestials once in the ship episode and it's just one one time, not explained anything about it, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is, you know, the Celestials is very big and integral to Apocalypse getting the power that he is at now, and we'll get to that a little bit later, but I'm glad that they brought it into this episode to really expound on that. So the group decides that they need to split up in order to locate the source of the power. Beast group, which is him. Rogue McNeil and Nightcrawler began to search and they realize they've been here before again callbacks to the previous series in previous episodes, and they realized that this is ship, the all powerful vessel that Apocalypse uses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 2: Was part of me thought that maybe the connection that that Beast had with the ship in the previous episodes would come back here, but no, no, no, it was in the previous time. So the Beast is going back in time before he met the ship, so the ship would not have the relationship that they had with him, So yeah, I was like, wait.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Tom Trumpt so weird. One person has the memories, another person doesn't. It's it's very uh if you're a fan of Doctor Who, you get it very timey. Whymy stuff going on here? The other group, which is Nord, Charles and Bishop. Nord says that he's going to go with Charles, and Bishops is like, yeah, no, I'm sticking with you guys. And we have to remember that in the timeline that Bishop originally comes from, with all the mutants enslaved, he has seen the decimation of Apocalypse firsthand. So even though this is you know, pre apocalypse that he knows, he still does not trust his person. So he's like, no, I'm going with that group.
Speaker 2: Well not really, it doesn't make any.
Speaker 1: They walk into a room and there are our paintings everywhere that show Apocalypses rise to power. You know, there's mirrors that're showing Insomonnure as he is now. They're showing Apocalypse on the throne. They're showing another one with Apocalypse running by death, and you see like even a glimpse right now of the current X Men who were there in the past, looking up to as Apocalypse is making his ascension, and Charles has kind of an oh shit moment as he looks around, like, yeah, we just brought him to the place that's going to allow him to become what we fear the most. The room lights up and you see kind of the celestial power running through it, and at that point Ner is pissed. He realizes that Charles was trying to keep him from his destiny, and he just goes on a full out assault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just just snaps and I do I do love was like, Magnus, you need to get in here immediately, like things, No, this is not good.
Speaker 3: And yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Picks up Charles by the neck, drops them he like I said a minute ago. Bishop does nothing. He just back in like he's like it's whole holding against some undercard guy. Yeah, just flind And yeah I did, but I did really love it. And yeah he's going up to I love how the mouth opens up and it looks like Apocalypse from our like the present time, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was just such a nice touch. As he walks up there. But he doesn't get there right away, does he, David?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, So after getting their asses worked by ther and he's walking up there. You know, the rest of the X Men decide to try and join in, and again it's it is. It is not going too well. Nightcrawler tries to attacking him. He grabs Nightcrawler by the wrist and just rag dolls him. Uh. Rogue is catching punches to the guts like everyone at this point is catching hands from Nerd. He is just so enraged and trying to reach out to his destiny that is calling to him.
Speaker 2: Rogue is one punch at the start when he's not expecting it. And remember the listeners, Rogue has the power of Captain Marble in this this universe and sends them flying and it literally takes him five seconds max. He gets up and he bodies Magneto like I've never seen anybody bag the Magneto in this show before and just tosses him along Saint thing with Bishop and then Nightcrawler transports him away and like David said, he breaks Nightcrawler's iron and then he just Rogue comes at him and he just stops Rogue and he just walks up to think there's nobody stop from that.
Speaker 3: It's just like, yeah, here's your bath come out yep.
Speaker 1: So this point Nor becomes fully grabbed it with the celestial technology and becomes the Apocalypse that we know now.
Speaker 2: You know, he does speak about thing that he said before, which was, I am the rocks of the eternal shore crass against me and be broken. So he said that in his first ever appearance in X Men, the anime series, and this is what.
Speaker 3: Said to him.
Speaker 2: When he's getting his ultimate purpose, which is essentially just like a celestial he causes destruction on a universal scale.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So they go to fight a little bit more, and again they are just getting battered. Magneto is injured at this point and seals a wound with metal and so then the team decides, you know, like, hey, maybe we need to go back to our timeline. Should we stay, should we fight? And once again Magneto decides that he's making the choice for them. He uses his powers to activate their risk guntlets and he goes to send everyone back, except right as he's doing this Apocalypse attack. So Magneto and Charles get knocked back and they are still there as Apocalypse continues to just go all out beating them down.
Speaker 2: And yeah, Charles isn't much help in this because, as with Dixen series, when he uses his mind powers in his Apocalypse, it kind of causes him go like, oh, I follow that. So yeah, this happens a couple of times to him. This Magneto puts up a good fight. But when you see to look on Magneto's face when Apocalypse rises and gets giant, it's pure to He's like, oh she.
Speaker 1: He's like, we are in trouble. Apocalypse you know, talks about the attack on his people and the attack on his friends, and so he says that Ramatat is going to be the first one to fill his wrath and order ship to attack Ramatat. Kang, seeing this happening, realizes his plan isn't going to come together, so he decided that he's going to search for another timeline, leaving Candre there because, as he puts it, she still has a destiny with Apocalypse. He tells her that the only thing that can alan Chimp is something external, which is who Cantra eventually becomes as an immortal meatant known as the External.
Speaker 2: She's the one that shows up to the guild right when they put gifts to her.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, yeah, so and then we get a very cool scene with ramast when he gets into a ship and he dons the King the Conqueror helmet, the green and purple, like like the old school the look that we know, and he turns with this grin right before he blasts off, and it's just like, oh yeah, that that that is a absolute cool moment.
Speaker 2: Honestly that I had that thought, and a second thought was like, why the hell didn't you do something like this for Quantumania where you could have had him.
Speaker 3: Lose, but could have had him piece out too like this, That would have.
Speaker 2: Been awesome and instead no, Okay, So that was like second or third that I had, but this was so good.
Speaker 3: He just pieces out and leaves her and she is not happy. I love it. Yep.
Speaker 1: So this Apocalypse is continuing to fight against Charles Magneto, and I mean, he he's got some lines, like he's got Charles down. And he tells Charles that he would make him a horseman if not for his broken spine. Yeah, where his lack a spine, And I'm just like, ooh, that is like that's a low blow at this point. And so with ship going to attack where Ramatut was is now created a black hole that is about to destroy everything. Magneto is injured, but he's seeing this black hole is destroying the city. He decides to go and stop it and attempting to bind the black hole with metal. Charles doesn't think it will work and thinks that Magneto will die in the process, but Magneto ends up being able to stop it. There's a big explosion. Magneto was falling back down to the sand, but he is still alive and really like, oh wow, Magneto, he pulled out another one. Cool, cool cool. Charles is laying on the ground in the sand. He goes to reach out. He's calling for Magneto, and at that point we see with Magneto on the ground the sand in the dunes, out of the shadows of Pierce, Apocalypse and he just grabs Magneto by the head, palming him like a basketball, just like yeah, and you know at this point both men know what is about to happen, you know, they are Charles is trying to apologize to Magneto. Magneto is trying out for Charles, and then we see Apocalypse just you know, turn his hand into a blaster and put it straight to Magneto's back and again another cool way that they use eyes in this show. We see this from the reflection, the periodic reflection in Charles's eyes as Apocalypse just blast away Magneto from the back, killing him and Charles is left there as he throws Magneto's helmet down on the ground and it just rolls straight to Charles. He walks over to Charles and says, you know that there's no joy in killing an aunt when you're a god and just steps out.
Speaker 2: Him, calling back what Magneto said to him in the first episode we saw of him in this season. And I've never seen Charles so mad because before he steps over him, and as he's walking to him, Charles is trash talking him, saying like his mother maybe his mother knew that he was this monster, so she gave him up. She was smart and too bad he didn't die in the desert. And I'm like, oh my god, Charles, like this is not that mutants and humans can leave in harmony. This is like, this is me the most angry I've ever seen him in this entire show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So at that point he steps over Charles, he goes on about his way and leaves Charles just laying there crying over Magneto's helmet, and he lies there for a while until Bishop pops back and comes for Charles, and Charles says out aloud, he goes, you know, he has realization that they are never going to be able to stop Apocalypse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said what Rabataz said was right. We never stop him ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that is how the show technically ends. But this this episode, we have got a post credit scene, and again we we have had an episode full of callbacks. This post credit scene is a callback in and of itself. So we got a callback to an episode of the original X Men called Old Soldiers, which was a team up episode between Wolverine before he's got his Adamantium and Captain America. And like, if you go back and watch this episode, they've got some funny play about them, including Wolverine asks them, you know, about why he's going on the secret missions were in this big red, white, and blue and how he'd never be caught dead in it and he bets it, itches and everything else.
Speaker 2: So rough animation in that episode as well, that you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yes, So now we see Wolverine on a rooftop. He is in his old Canadian spywear that he wore in the episode Old Soldiers. Uh so it's it's literally just all black garb in a black skull cap that no one's gonna recognize this five foot minutes with hair, but hey, it works for him being a spy. He meets with Cap, who says it's been a long time, you know, fifty years to be exact, since their team up. Black Widow joins them on the roof, so we get a nice little moment between them. Cap hans Wolverine a file labeled webin X and tells him that he can't go after them alone. Logan says, don't worry, he's got a crew and he's getting the band back together. The next episode is titled WEBINX Lies in DVDs, and in the original series there was an episode called webinx Lies and Videotapes where Wolverine went back to WEBINX and he meets up with Sabertooth, Maverick and Silver Fox. So this what I'm wondering. If that's the band that he's getting back together.
Speaker 2: I think so, And I've heard I've seen some people online complain like I don't want this after that episode. You need episodes after these big episodes where people don't like big momentum monumental characters. Did you need a few episodes to breathe after that? So yeah, I'm really good. We're glad we get this, and maybe it'll tie into my factor fiction maybe that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will take this over a Mojo episode any day. Like you not give me Mojo. You're not bringing back you know, Arcade, You're not doing one of these stupid silly villains to get them through. So I will take you know, a little Wolverine solo episode or you know, a callback to re having a a new version of an old episode any day rather than some of that other stuff. And yeah, after a big moment like the way that this ended, the presumed death of Magneto and everything else and the X Men feeling like they have just lost, sometimes it's good to have a nice little palate cleanser before you dive back in. It's good because number one, it gives you a moment or two again reflect on that other episode, get ready for the next number two. Sometimes it's hard when you were the episode right after that great episode. Yeah, because people like well is good, but it's not as great as the last episode. This one is meant to be a polyot cleanser, so if it's not a nine point five on your scale, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And again I'm okay because we're not continuing on with the overall story of what just happened. We're going with because I think we were told at one point that the new the team, the Wolverine and them Ryn, they get there two days before Charles's team, So yeah, this is I'm assuming this is what's going on in the two days that we wait for them to show back up from their from their time travel and adventures.
Speaker 3: So I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: And also there might be reasons why they're doing this for Wolverine and part of his story right now too, because we haven't seen much of him because even the stuff with the Future Brave was doo it mostly was focused on Scott Jean and Nathan So and mother of Santi. So yeah, completely okay with this. Really excited because I really enjoyed that episode that you talked about. Not I did enjoy caps appearance and him handing a but man that animation in that fifth season, some of the people at some of the companies they had doing the animation.
Speaker 3: It was rough, so yeah, it was sad.
Speaker 2: I wish we saw in a previous style, but it's really nice just to see cap here and Black Widow sneaking up Logan was a nice little touch there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was cool to see Oracle, to see him and like it would be fun and interesting to see where this next episode goes. Again. It's called webinx Lies and DVDs, which I'm hoping is, you know, just a continuation or continuing some of the stories that were set up in Weapon x Lies and videotapes, and we may be seeing Wolverine on his quest to get his Adamantium back.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree all right with that.
Speaker 1: That was episode four in great episode, amazing writing, and I think they absolutely just killed it with this. Rise of Apocalypse Part two is sitting right now as as my favorite overall of the X Men ninety seven we do, and.
Speaker 3: I agree with you. It just passed Jenosha episode for me.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what that episode was called now, but that was pretty high stakes too. This is just so great, and again I want to give Disney plus because Marvel and Disney gets a lot of crap sometimes for some of the decisions they make and stuff. Lately with the Genelion, I want to give them props because they actually put out a thirty minute animated series episode and that doesn't happen if it's on cable or on like the old way. So I just want to give them a little bit of props there because this episode deserved the extra time. It needed, some time to breathe some of these conversations, some of these debates, and then definitely have it ended like giving Charles that extra time of after Magneto dies, to have Bishop come back like ten seconds later and it be like the whole night and just sit there and then when it turns the black, it's day is the black for a minute first before it goes right away to it all works so well, So just might give them props for this whole show with fire.
Speaker 3: On all cylinders.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Episode five from last season, the Jenochia episode is called remember it made famous for Game Bit's you know line, you know remember it? And between that and the ending arc because I I just call it an arc, it was, you know, three episodes, so I tie them together. The Tolerances Extinction, those were great as well, But right now this sits slightly above Remember it just due to all the callbacks, all the nostalgia and things like that. As this says, it may flip flop back and forth with season one episode five, but that one sets such a high bar. This is setting such a high bar. I think this is going to be an episode that is talked about a lot.
Speaker 2: Also depends on what you do with these characters, because we can have a little discussion. Now, do you think these there's this character and a character from the previous season that's going to return, and not only return, will they eventually get back on the side of good with the good team, And if so, that kind of might minimize some of their some of what happens in those two episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we do some time traveling Shenan against two episodes from now, and they find a way to bring Magneto back, you know, they pull them from a different timeline or whatever, then to me, that minimizes this episode and it kind of takes it away. I think we all know where we're going with Gambit going forward, which is going to be becoming a horseman.
Speaker 3: Before I thought we.
Speaker 2: Might have seen him on that tablet too. There is a spot where it little.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's it's got the long hair. The horsemen of Death look on there. So I did have a pause and like, is that isn't that? But I couldn't say with one hundred percent certainty, But you know it, we kind of know where they're going with the gambit storyline, and if they go with that, and if they falter with how they handle the fallout from Magneto, then yes, remember it stays in the top spot, but if they can do something good with the fallout of Magneto and really push that going forward, then I think that this does have potential for overtaking it.
Speaker 2: You know what else is nice having complete like they've earned with me and having complete faith that they will do that, Like, yeah, the right thing with this because of Hackwood. They've done the first season and a half of this show, so like they've won me over to a point where I don't have to worry about any crazy decisions. I think they know they understand the characters quite well, and if these first four episodes are in the indication, they're still in good hands going forward without go to the experience.
Speaker 1: Yet, Yeah, I don't have the please don't mess this up. Please don't mess this up. Please don't mess this up. Feeling when it comes to this and that is good. So with that being said again, this is that that that that that is fair. That is that is definitely fair. So with that being said again, this was episode four, Rise of Apocalypse, Part two. We're going to take our second ad break before we get into feedback and questions plus our factor fiction and everything else from there. So again, let's just we don't control the volume. We have a chance to turn it down three to one and we're back, all right, So put out the call again. I for those listening, we are doing a pre tape. This was kind of a last minute decision due to just some things that popped up on both our ends, So pout the call. Did not get any questions, that's fine. If you do have any questions, reach out to us on all socials. We'll be happy to answer them. My dms are open Chris's or you can reach out to us on Twitter, Blue Sky, whichever platform you prefer. We are there and yes, send in your questions. Again, Chris will be back next week as we go into our next episode. So with that, let me pull up last week's Factor Fictions, and let's see the results of that. So last year's Factor Fiction number one. We will hear only one official announcement of a new Phase six movie beyond X Men, during next year's San Diego Comic Con. That is seventy percent fact and thirty percent fiction. Charles, let's say you on that.
Speaker 2: I voted on all three of these prior and I said fact on this one.
Speaker 1: Awesome Number two, we will see a new live action Sony Spider Man Universe movie within three years. That one got fifty to fifty between the fact and fiction.
Speaker 3: I was a no on that one. I did not think that. I don't trust Sony.
Speaker 1: See again, I am fact only because it's a Sony Spider Man Universe movie doesn't mean that they're gonna make a Spider Man movie, just a universe movie. They're gonna pull some random villain out of the hat.
Speaker 3: Just a learned from the universe.
Speaker 1: I guess no, it's it's morbious. Part two. God so and then Factor of Fiction number three. By the end of spider Man Brand New Day, MJ will regain all of her lost memories and remember who Peter Parker really is. Sixty seven percent said fact, three percent said fiction.
Speaker 2: Begruly said fact, although I hope it was fiction. I wanted him to just spranch off for a little bit. For I wanted that to happen in the third.
Speaker 3: Of these new trilogy maybe instead of the first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so again, those are last week. So mister Hayes, what do you have for us this week?
Speaker 2: Mine are very X Men ninety seven centric after going through that previous episode, so I wanted to say this for the next episode, but I'm going.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you.
Speaker 2: I want to give myself some leeway, so I said Wolverine will get his animantium skeleton back in the next two seasons, so we know this is going on for a lot of time.
Speaker 3: So I gave myself a little leeway.
Speaker 2: I wanted to say Wolverem will gives add amanham scale back the next episode, but I did not say that. So yeah, I gave myself a little leeway. I do think they're going to do that and give that back name, sooner rather than later.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go ahead and say fact on this. You know, toy Selles rule everything when it comes to these animation projects, so they're gonna need the new toys, and they're gonna need the we're gonna need the claws out, So I think we're probably going to start down the path with the next episode. I think this is going to be like the Storm situation from last season, where they do a little bit of an episode over here with the working to get the powers, and we'll do a little bit of another episode when he actual gets the Adamancium back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's why I wasn't sure like when they'll do this. Maybe they'll wait until next season to do it, so maybe they'll he'll find where to go at the end of this next episode. So that's why I wanted to give myself a little bit of room. Uh and same thing here. I kind of want to say Onslaught will appear at the end of this season, but I went with Magneto will return.
Speaker 1: I am going to say fact on that because I do feel like Onslaught will appear. I don't know if it will be this season or next, but I do think that they are going to build up two Onslaught.
Speaker 2: So for those establishing I feel like establishing Apocalypse is how strong he is and if Onslought comes out and takes him out. It's gonna like really like level, like show what kind of level he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for those of you who don't know, Onslaught is a character that is basically a merging of the minds into this pure, just powerful being. Magneto and Charles's Psyche's is what created Onslaught.
Speaker 2: So basically looks like Juggernaut and Magneto combined. No offense to Charles, but he looks like his brother and Magneto combined.
Speaker 1: Yes, it looks like if Magneto found like this bulking mech suit and you know, went all power Rangers and jumped into this thing, he goes right like that, That's what Onslought looks like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I do think.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I kind of like Magnio storyline is wrapped up so well from the first episode of the first of X Men and the anime series. To hear, it almost is a crime to bring him back. But you've been teasing the athlot so much in the last season and a half that we're definitely yeah, and the final one here. We'll get another Avengers cameo this season, because I think delaying the Easter egg for an eventual X Men versus an Avengers storyline. We got iron Man and Captain America. Last season we got Iron Man and Black Widowed Man.
Speaker 3: So all right, so.
Speaker 1: Let's see we will get another Avengers cameo this season. Is that a fact? You know? I'm going to go fact on that, even if it's not a full speaking cameo, even if they do like they did when they had the power out. It's when Magneto was reversing the polls and you know, they had Silver Samurai and they had Spider Man and Daredevil and all that. Like, I could see them doing something like that and us getting another one of the Avengers. I would love if we got the old the nineties iron Man in the costume, as long as they don't do the whole when it in the old Iron Man cartoon when they transitioned to that weird three D when he was doing his suit up like halfway through. As long as we don't get anything like that, then I'm fine with it.
Speaker 2: I would love to see Halt too, to be honest with you, because we've seen more transform into him and just I'd love to see him show up at some point.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: All right, so those are our three again. We will put these out on Sunday for you all to vote on on the official Twitter, So go out vote for it. Let us know we will be returning next week with Comic Book Club and did not want to subject mister Hines to reading the other It is. It is. It is a storyline, but it is not not something I would suggect subject someone to unless they absolutely had to and concern relying right in the middle of this. So we will return next week with the other part two, which is out of Marvel Night's Spider Man number nineteen. So you guys, if you haven't read it yet, be on the look out. You got an extra week to read that again. What's gonna like to thank our sponsor, handel Bound Comics again. Use those codes Marvel GA or ga uh sit in order to check out save you some money. You can follow the podcast on Twitter at Marvel a Podcast. You can follow me on Twitter at the Phantom. You can follow the Chris at Chris Balga. The signs tell the people how they can follow you.
Speaker 3: You can follow me on Twitter at Travis Underscore one, five six.
Speaker 2: You can drop me a lot. We can chat at pretty much anything. I also host two shows on the Gua podcast. Network, the Animation Nation where we're doing Rick and Morty right now. Uh and oh thank god Batman. Cake Crusaders is coming up soon. I'm super excited for that. And we also have the DC Alliance where we talk about DC every week. We just had Supergirl and we're dealing with the follow from that.
Speaker 1: Yes, the poor, poor poor superhol I like the movie, but I will let the listeners go and listen to you guys's thoughts on that a lot more in depth than anything that I could ever say. You can email this show here directly at Marvel Alliance Podcasts at gmail dot com. You can follow the geeglsimillaized now on Twitter. Like I said at gapod network, feel free to tweet email if you want to provide feedback, give us listener questions that we will answer the next show. Remember to review the podcast on Apple Podcasts or whichever platform that you listen to your podcast on. And thanks for listening. And I stand the man with say excelsor true Believers? Everyone all right, post credits discussion and this is a fun one. So I've been sitting on this for a while and Chris didn't want to do it because he said he absolutely sucks at fancasting, so he.
Speaker 3: I think you take person than Chris.
Speaker 2: When you said this, I was like, I don't know any child actors names, and any child actors in twelve, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know regular actors' names.
Speaker 2: Like I don't even remember the guy I want to say, just because he's had some really odd interviews and stuff.
Speaker 3: More is the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah Moore does the voice.
Speaker 3: Like thirty, so he's got an option.
Speaker 2: So uh uh, I don't know their name. But there is a guy who plays a kid in Cobra Kai.
Speaker 1: Yah.
Speaker 2: Maybe I can't remember credits, and there's been a lot of times I've watched Cobra Kai, but I think you should have someone that can even like Tom Holland, like is pretty good at the action side of things flips and stuff as well. So uh oh my god, I feel like his name was Dallas.
Speaker 3: Uh, I can't.
Speaker 1: Remember dallast pretty young. So the question, the question for our listeners is with Tom Holland officially saying that he wants to mentor a successor the same way Tony Stark did for Peter Uh, Like, who is your your fan has for a live action Moss And yes, Dallas du pretty young would be an amazing, amazing choice. You know, he's got the martial arts background and he's got the versatility to do that. He can he can move, which is something that Tom Holland brought to it with his dance background and everything else. He was able to, you know, bring that that fluid movement to him as well. So I think Dallas would would be an excellent, excellent.
Speaker 3: Choice in uh uh Colbert Pie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, so I said he he would. He would be a great choice. I know there has been a lot of fan casting for the guy from Stranger Things to play it, but Caleb McLoughlin, But I think he is probably just he would be a little bit too old at this point, like said, we would be going relatively young with this.
Speaker 2: Character in time where you want to go with him, right, you could just have him being seventeen rating in the Continue the World instead of some iterations has him at twelve start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So if.
Speaker 2: You can do like seventeen rating, then you can possibly finesse it that way and the actor can be a bit older and play a bit younger character. But you do get in that slippery slope, especially if this is a big hit of the character, and he has to stay Ryan for a while a certain point, like you might get a bit too old looking, So you're right about that, Like there is gonna have to be an age limit on this character for the actors anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that that is going to be the hard thing. So do you go so unknown because you want somebody young that you can, you know, try and build up and keep around, or do you go with someone established who's going to be there, you know, or you try and find someone who is a mix of the Black and Puerto Rican to really sell on that lineage that's that is already there for that character. So you know that there's a lot of them. There is another kid, his name is Lonnie Chavis. He's was on NBC's Uh, This is Us and you know, he's been in some other stuff. He he kind of fits that mold. And then there's Miles Brown from the show black Ish, who is an amazing performer, great kid actor, and he is also African American, Filipino and Mexican in his heritage. So now that's not exactly the Afro Puerto Rican an African American background that Miles has, but it is something that does represent you know that that mix of people within that he.
Speaker 2: Can actually definitely identify with some of the trials that a character like Miles go through in the city of New York too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it would definitely be believable to see him in that place. And Miles has cosplayed and dressed up as Miles Miles version of Spider Man a couple of times on social media. Like I said, he fits the look.
Speaker 2: Can Travis give just a little bit of history lesson advice here? Don't do that going forward. I never Andrew Garfield might be the only one, but that was after he got the roles, So I don't see many people winning the roles when they dress up as him. Just ask, oh my god, who is he from Fast and Furious? Not Vin Diesel but Tyrese Tyrese. Yeah, he he went hard to be Green Lantern, like hard to be Green Lantern And yeah.
Speaker 3: Just there's a level with this.
Speaker 2: You got to play it cool at times too, That's all because but it would be awesome data. A couple of those options that you've thrown out are really really great, And like I said, I like for someone to be able to do the action part of it, a little bit of it like I'm not talking about you, like swinging off wires, like leave that to the stump people. But like even some of the gymnastics at Tom Holling can do sometimes when you see him doing the same thing here, like a little bit of gymnastics than that moth Brian.
Speaker 3: I looked it up.
Speaker 2: He has a bit background gymnastics, Dan Parkour, So yeah, pretty cool, pretty cool choice to be honest with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just being able to do some of the some of the stuff and be believable in that, because I mean, if you don't, if you look stiff and you don't look believable, then I'm not going to believe that that's you in the suit now, twisting and turning and all this other stuff.
Speaker 2: It helps with the Colot suit when you're actually like the person like Peter Parter or Miles if you have got any fight scenes.
Speaker 3: It helps.
Speaker 2: Go look at the Iron Fist season one, like Cotton Machine, because the guy who playing Danny Ran didn't train enough in my humble opinion to do some of the stuff, and you've see a lot more of his stunt performers. So yeah, that's just some of the things that help get you immersed into the movie world. If you don't like see a big stunting pirate there where you see that's definitely not the actor.
Speaker 3: That's a stunt person.
Speaker 2: Like we know you're not jumping out of buildings and swinging, but like some of this stuff, like you said, it really makes us believe that you can be in the suit as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I said that again all fun discussion. We have no idea who they're going to cast, when they're going to cast, if they're even going to cast it. We have to get through the next Sony and I made it Spider Man first before that's even a discussion because I know they don't want to overshadow that with any announcements or anything else. So once we finally get that in our hands, then we will start to get a bitter a better picture painted of what's next.
Speaker 3: You're welcome Chris or Johan and the Grenada. This discussion, I.
Speaker 1: Guess see, it wasn't so bad.
Speaker 3: So no, I'm just not very good at that.
Speaker 2: Like again, I didn't even know the name of the Dallas guy, like it took me. I'm not very good at the name that people. I've watched shows, but it's just hired. I kind of remember their characters more than anything else most times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's sometimes that I have to do is I'm like, I know this kid from that show. Let me go look at that show. Then I'll look him up on Internet movie database and grab their name from that. So but again, thank you for filling in. Thank you for as seeing Chris's stent. Like I said, he will be back next week. He's out having a much needed, much deserved vacation, so I wish him the best, which is the best of your upcoming travels, And it just reminds me I need to take a vacation soon. So I think at the end of the month, I'm going to do a little weekend getaway. Won't miss any showtime, but I am going to get away because it's needed.
Speaker 2: It's always nice to get away and recharge the battery. Luckily, the in laws have a pool, so I will be floating in the pool being third option on the parentmobile because the mom takes number one, but the grandma swoop seeing and kind of supersedes me. So I'm just going to be sitting in the pool, relaxing and enjoying my weekend.
Speaker 3: So thank you for having me, David.
Speaker 2: I love chatting me this stuff, and I really appreciate you changing your schedule around to Accommody be is greatly appreciate it. And this will not be the last time you see me in this season, listeners.
Speaker 3: I was supposed to come for episode.
Speaker 2: One, but I had to get the breaks changed unexpectedly, so that kind of made me not make it the night before. So yeah, yeah, you will see me again. This season is just too fire not to have me come back.
Speaker 1: And I will say for a long time, listeners, the I feel safe now calling it. We've had back end discussions. The streak, I think we can say is officially broken on you having the bad weeks. The last three three or four have been very fruitful, so I think the streak has broken so for years, so that's good. So again, listeners, thank you for listening, and we will talk to you all later.
Speaker 3: See everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah,