Speaker 1: All right, we continue on Fred Rogan, Rodney Pete on a five seventy LA Sports. A reminder the media in Los Angeles will officially meet Roki Sazaki three o'clock. We will have that for you here on the radio station, and David Vasse will be out there joining us.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Our dear friend from the LA Times who just does a terrific job every day, Jack Harris, who covers the Dodgers, and Jack welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, how you guys doing.
Speaker 1: We're doing well. Jack, you nailed it this morning. What a great piece on what went on behind the scenes and the recruiting that went on to get Sazaki first. How long did it take you to find all that information out.
Speaker 3: In real time? Probably not as fast as I would like. There is a lot of it wasn't quite the level of Otani free agency secrecy. But yeah, I think teams were being pretty cautious about sharing, you know, too much about what was going on and their respective recruiting processes and how they were trying to make their pitches for Aki Susaki. But I think afterwards, you know, obviously people around the Dodgers involved in their pitch process were pretty pleased with how it went down, with with the message that they got across, and you know, ultimately being able to land this picture that they've coveted for the last several years.
Speaker 4: Here and Jack, let's be let's be honest. The Dodgers have with this process did everything above board. You know, there are people out there that are suggesting that that they didn't. And there's you know, there's other folks that uh staying there manipulating the rules of of MLB with the deferral payments and all that stuff, to the point where there's a bill in the state trying to trying to stop what the Dodgers have done. But they've done everything under the rules of MLB. But this happens. This happens all the time if you're whether you're a four player or not. But there it happens. Recruitment happens with guys. If you're familiar with somebody, you can say, yeah, hey, I'm gonna let's go to dinner. If you have mookie bets and you got a buddy who's really really good, you gotta go to dinner and say, hey, why don't you come be a Dodger. That's there's nothing wrong with that, why are people so up and arms? Is it because it's the Dodgers And obviously the Yankees went through this too, But but now that the Dodgers have spent money, people are jealous. Other owners are jealous now because it feels like it's coming for the other owners. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think generally this offseason, when it's come to the money the Dodgers have spent, the way they've used these big deferral, big signing bonus contracts to land star players, it's created some consternation around the league about, you know, can anybody compete with them? And I think most people would point back and say, look, what the Dodgers you're doing is is what you'd expect a team like the Dodgers to do that makes as much money and has as many resources as they do. And it's up to the other teams to find ways to compete with them. And then when it came to the Roki Sasaki free agency specifically, you know, this is something that I know obviously has been talked about a lot publicly over the last couple of weeks, this idea that maybe the Dodgers had a handshake deal, maybe they had some sort of advantage in this. This is something that people around the sport had been speculating about, even going back to the last offseason, when it looked like for a minute, Roki Sasaki might come over to the big leagues last year. And yeah, to some people, there was this idea that, you know, the Dodgers were going to get him, not just because they were the most logical landing place and the best fit, but because maybe something below board had happened. Now, before MLB even approved Roki Sasaki's posting to where he would be allowed to sign with big league teams, they did investigate some of this stuff. They didn't find any evidence to corroborate it. They even poked around with Sasaki's Japanese team to make because obviously they didn't get it's like a one point six million dollar posting fee out of this, to make sure there was no you known, illegal kickback scheme or something like that. So there's been a lot of chatter about this, but as far as you know, people with the league are concerned, they haven't seen any evidence or anything else to suggest that this didn't play out in a fair and proper way. I think when you look at how it did play out, you know, because Rokie, in consultation with MLB, ended up signing in the twenty twenty five signing period. It put the Dodgers at a little bit of a financial disadvantage because they had the smallest signing pool with which to try to pursue him out of any team in the big leagues. And obviously we're able to overcome that in a couple other ways. And you know, in this situation, money wasn't the number one factor. So yeah, this has been something that's been talked about a lot, with this specific situation and then against the backdrop of all the other spending that the Dodgers are doing. But you know, if you talk to people with the Dodgers will say, look, we're just I think Andrew Freeman said it earlier this offseason. We look at this as rewarding our fan base and taking the resources that we have and the money they've made off of all their on field success and trying to reinvest it back in the team to be as good as they can be moving into the future.
Speaker 1: Jack Harriss at the Times is with us, all right, Jack, if you would through your reporting, because on that piece was great today let's talk about the initial meeting and what you learned was part of the homework assignment for each team, and then the second meeting when players were allowed because you wrote about them both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think the Dodger pitch in this situation kind of played out in two ways. There was this focus, especially in the initial meeting, on you know, pitching development, player development, what teams could do for Roki. He assigned them, Yes, this homework assignment now as his agent termed it, which is basically asking teams to identify why they thought his past ball velocity dropped off a little bit last year from you know, ninety eight ninety nine outs like ninety six ninety seven, and what they would do to try to fix it. This is something that the Dodgers felt, as I wrote about, like, was kind of in their sweet spot. For all the problems that they've had with pitching injuries, they are really good at helping pitchers develop stuff and maximize their talent and be the best versions of themselves. So that was always going to be something that in addition to you know, the prestige of playing for the Dodgers and the chance to compete for a World Series and all the other selling points that they had. I think there was a pretty big focus on, Hey, if you want to become the kind of player you think you can be, we are the best place for you to do that. Then that was all backed up by the actual messaging from the players, you know. Some of this started with Shoheyo Tani and Yoshinobu Yamamoto's personal relationships with them, as I wrote about, like they took them out to a dinner early in the process. Tyler Glasnow talked about the message he sent Roki during this, which was, hey, if you you know, whatever your motivations are, the Dodgers of the place that can help you, you know, achieve everything you want to. And then yeah, last week the team had their second meeting with him. He granted meetings to his three finalists where he went in person to see each of them, and then the Dodgers, casey, because of the renovations going out of the stadium, they had it at one of their co owners' houses. They had a sushi dinner, but the big crux of that event was having a handful of players there in person.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: Mookie Beds stood up and gave this long speech about the special place that Los Angeles and the Dodgers have become, you know, in the second half of his career. Will Smith was there talking about the pitcher catcher dynamics and you know, all of that goes into that with the team. The team got videos from a lot of the players who couldn't attend in person talking about, you know, how much they've enjoyed the Dodgers, why they thought it was a great place, you know, telling him how excited they were at the possibility of playing with him. And I think the people around the team that were involved in this process, it was that ability to take what they felt like was a strong message on paper and then have it backed up by so many star players and big voices, and then obviously sho Hee Otani himself, who was the person who could most mostly relate to the experience that Sasaki was going through this in this entire posting process. People around the team thought that that really helped their their message land that it resonated with Roki you Muki that is in Japan right now on a promotional tour actually, but was talking about this with reporters there and said, you know, even during that dinner he could just tell how much Roki, you know, is going to enjoy playing with Otani and Yamamoto, and I think especially with Otani, that was a question coming into this right that Rokie Susaki said, I want to be the number one player in the world, and it was fair to wonder did he feel like he could do that if he's playing with the current best player in the world and show hey Otani and maybe being in his shadows someone and being around all the attention that comes with it, and I think being able to have all of the players help deliver that message, you know, attest to the kind of place that the Dodgers organization is to play again to people around the team. They felt like that was a really big part of helping them land their message and ultimately why Rokey Susaki is going to be introduced here in a couple hours at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: Jack, do you know anything about who was at the other meetings for the other clubs or how those went.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had players there too, I think obviously with the padres, you know, there are videos of some players being around. There was the the U Darvish connection that he had with Roki Saki is something that you know, a lot of people in the sport, especially as it got closer to his, you know, his decision. There was a lot of buzz about the Padres feeling confident, feeling like that Darvish relationship in particular, you know, was going to be a plus for them. It seems like, especially among the three finalists, each of them you know, were able to present something that really struck Roki Soak. You know, obviously he hasn't talked about this publicly yet. We'll probably learn more about, you know, what some of the de factors were for him at the end. But when it came to the Dodgers again, like on paper, they checked so many boxes for what it seemed like would matter to Roki Ssaki in his future. And yeah, when you can back up up with just the star power that the Dodgers have, obviously, the players that already knew him personally, all the other big names that could talk about, you know, why they've enjoyed playing for the team so much. You know, it's easy when you kind of look back at all of this on totality now to see, yeah, that that probably makes for a pretty compelling pitch for for somebody who has followed MLB for a long time, has followed you know, what happens in the league pretty closely, and getting to hear all that firsthand, I'm sure ended up being a pretty key factor and why he ultimately picked the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jack, With all that being said, how how real do you believe the other two teams had a shot when it's all said, given the history, given the players that we talked about, given the relationships communication with Sazaki and Yamamoto and Otani, the Dodgers as a whole, as an organization, because a lot of people believe in and like you talked about, we talked about that that this may have been done before, and it was like, you know, Dodgers had had a handshake deal in the past. How much do you believe that that the other team's actually had a shot to land him?
Speaker 3: I mean, it seems like they felt pretty confident to various levels. I think the Padres all along like their chances. Mike Schilp during the winter meetings spoke pretty bluntly about you know, I really think that we have a good shot with Rokie, and obviously the Darvish piece of it fueled a lot of their their optimism as well. And then with the Blue Jays, you know, that was the surprise team included in his list of finalists. They felt strong enough to, you know, a few hours before he announced his decision to go out and acquire a bad contract in Miles Straw to be able to get a couple million more in signing bonus money to try to to woo him with. So, you know, I think the actions of the teams kind of speak to the fact that, Wow, a lot of people in the sport always kind of thought the Dodgers would end up with Roki Sasaki at various points of this process, I think other teams did feel confident or at least did feel like they had a real shot at getting him, And on the flip side, you know, people with the Dodgers were ever certain that they were getting him. I think kind of similar to how Shoheo Tani's free agency played out last year, where they always liked their chances and you know, if you're reading some of the Tea Lea's it might have looked good, but they didn't know up until the very end, until they made his decision that they were getting him for sure. So yeah, I think it. At different points of all this, there were teams that felt like they had a real shot at getting him, but all along, Again, there was a reason why so many people thought the Dodgers were favorites in this, and I think ultimately why he ended up being in l A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were getting them all along, Jack, should we slice it and dice it and just get right to it. They were getting them all.
Speaker 3: Along, right, and we all had got to sit on the Miles Straw contract. Now, Like I was texting the people in the industry about that, and it's just you know, at that time, there was a lot of like surprise that, wow, Toronto's doing this. This must mean that either they think they're getting him or they think they might not be, but they still have a shot too. So you know, I think some of those things I think did surprise people that maybe this was a little bit more of a competitive process than they were figuring. Even if you know, he ends up with the Dodgers in the end.
Speaker 1: Two things about that, First, why you got a dog Miles Straw. Maybe Toronto really loved them, Maybe that's the guy. And second of all, maybe yeah, And second of all, how about this, Maybe it's the surprise in people the Blue Jays maybe it surprised them, but nobody else because you know something, nobody takes their money. Think about it, the Tati debacle of last year. The people there hate him and he didn't do anything to him. They're gonna hate Somezaki now too. They're gonna hate him now.
Speaker 3: I would imagine, yeah, I would imagine. Maybe not at the level like we go back to the Hockey Hall of Fame. I don't think he's gonna be on like the don't let this guy in list of the other you know, shoplifters or whatever.
Speaker 2: But but yes, that was That was.
Speaker 3: One of the subplots of all is like the poor poor Blue Jay fans who had to endure all of this and back to back years to watch these players end up in l A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know what, Jack, just tell everybody we're sick of their whining. How do you like that? Let everybody know we are We're not putting up with it. Jack enough, great job, man, you you you you're all over that just terrific work.
Speaker 3: As always appreciate it, guys, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you. There was our buddy, uh Jack Harris at the times. He really does a good job. He really does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 1: And you know, honestly, well, there might have been a surprise. You know, people might think, hey, there might be something here, maybe in Toronto. I don't know. Maybe Dean Spanos thought the Chargers were gonna win. Maybe, but they weren't. And at the end of it, when you and do still got here. But at the end of it, when you look at it and you just look at it, there was one place he was coming. I kept saying that, yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know what, two friends on that if if he didn't end up and say he ends up in Toronto or he's in San Diego, it would have been one of those God, I could have been a Dodger, you said, even outside of it, yes, outside people, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? You know what I mean? It would be like what are you doing?
Speaker 4: If people that don't even know baseball be like, wait, let me get this straight. You got a chance to be a Dodger, a Padre, or a Blue Jay, and you chose the Padres, and you chose you chose the Blue Jays over the Dodgers to play on that team that's gonna be in the world series every single year and as the best organization. What come on, what gives what?
Speaker 1: Gif? Come on?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, come on, man, come on, who's got a gun to your head? Come on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why it made zero sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it made really Really did the other teams believe that they were actually in the mix? Did they really actually believe that they had a chance.
Speaker 1: Well, Mike Schild during the winter meetings, the povery manager, we think we're really in it. Well you're really not.
Speaker 4: You're done, and you never really wear right and you never really wear right.
Speaker 1: You never were in that. Look, every team should do whatever they can and sign whoever they can and be the best they can. But what are we doing? It's like you said, Rodney, if you don't sign here with Otani and yeah, all of the stuff. People were saying, Oh, I don't think you want to live in the shadow. We can't have that. That's not who he is. I mean, what are you doing? Come on, you would have for the rest of your life. You'd have to answer that question exactly what were you thinking?
Speaker 4: What were you thinking as you watched the Dodgers when World series after World series go to LEDCs and all those things and be on TV every single week. You're gonna have to sit back and go I turned that down. I turned that down. What am I thinking?
Speaker 1: Right? There was just family witness on him. Yeah, there's no way, and that's why he ended up here. I heard something last night and it was a perception I think many people have of the Dodgers. We're gonna let you hear that next. So how do people around the country feel about the Dodgers and what they're doing. Well, we see social media and we read the stories. That's some audio that we're gonna let you hear next.
Speaker 4: Come on, yoh, it's a home dak Rodney, Pete Rogan And unfortunately there are some a new fire that broke out north on the five off the five Stag Lake area. Be careful if you're traveling north, going home or wherever you're going, please please, please be careful.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on in the Oxnard, Ventura area, but my son Josh is out there. Showed some video and those guys look nasty out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah they are, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So be careful. All right. So look, I don't want to get too personal. Uh, it's a story about plastic surgeon Chen Wine.
Speaker 5: On.
Speaker 1: I think we all know who he is. Accomplished in his field of endeavor. Yeah, yeah, uh okay, show a hands who's out of a sectomy looking around checking it out. Nothing to be shy about. I mean I had one years ago. I actually went on the air at fifteen forty to take it during the procedure and describe what was going on. Sure, it's not the most pleasant thing you'll ever go through. But if you have a trained professional handling and you know you'd make that decision, you make the decision. Yeah, the one thing I would think, the one thing if you have someone operating on that type of equipment, they need to be very skilled, very focused. Better be and there's very not a lot of room or margin of error. You know, one thing the wrong way, it's gonna go south on you, and that's gonna be bad.
Speaker 5: South on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for any number of reasons. Well, look doctor Wangong plastic surgeon again, doctor win On, win On on On, I think you said wang On, Well that's what I thought it was originally, which would have made it funnier, but it's win On. Anyway, he decided that he was gonna have a viseect to me okay, and then he decided, look, this should be an educational process. So what I'm going to do is I'm actually going to record it and then what I'm going to do is play it for people, because there's nothing to be embarrassed about or anything. This is good. It's good that people know how to do it.
Speaker 2: What do your own Well, we'll get to me.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, it's good that people know the procedure right, and the procedure right. I'm going to put that up informational informational sure, like going to Harvard Med.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: The issue became he wasn't really having a vseectomy. He was giving himself av sectimy. He himself was performing the vasectomy on him which to me right off the bat says he might be one of the most flexible people you'll ever meet in your life.
Speaker 4: At least, how do you do that on your self? As you mentioned Fred, first of all, you got to be the most flexible person in the world. But then it begs the question as to why why would you want to perform this procedure on yourself.
Speaker 1: It shows the surgeon in his chair performing the operation on himself as he casually talks viewers through the process as if he was doing a makeup too.
Speaker 4: Total is he trying to make to think that people can Hey, listen, folks, you can do this yourself if you just follow this video.
Speaker 1: Well apparently he thinks that now here's what you need if you want to try that. First, you need some uh, you need something to anesthesize your genitals and numb them. So he applied that cream to himself. Then he used a scalpel and a surgical clamp and went to work. My god, suit your death thing up ten to thirty minutes. It's kind of like making a quick meal. You know, you look online and I like to make your chicken. It is a quick snip snip. Yeah, I'd like to make chicken minutes.
Speaker 5: Is that what we said?
Speaker 2: Ten to thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: I'd like to make chicken cord on blue in twenty minutes. Well, this is the same thing. I'd like to give myself a vasectomy in twenty minutes. Well, this guy makes it simple.
Speaker 4: No need to go to the hospital, go see it surgeon or anything like that.
Speaker 5: Just do it yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can't handle it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's kind of like going to the low social media has really ruined the world.
Speaker 4: Because you know, you know, there will be a number of people that try to do this themselves.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that that well you're gonna what are you gonna see yourself?
Speaker 4: Well, but if somebody tries this based on his tutorial.
Speaker 1: Well he's got to tell it goes wrong, do it. He's just saying you could do it like this. Now here's one thing that I didn't mention. Am I bad? You know, things could go wrong, even in a short procedure like this, Something could happen. There was one point in time where uh he looked to be an excruciating pain you think, listen, I don't question the work of doctor Winnock excruciating pain, but what he did he leaned back in his chair in apparent pain. Then he gathered his tool and resume the operation. I'm not sure exactly what they were referring.
Speaker 4: To as tools. And this is all visual online. You can go check this out, yeah.
Speaker 1: Kevin, see if you can find it.
Speaker 6: How about you? How about you go find it?
Speaker 5: Fred?
Speaker 6: I'm okayikes, you have all the information that you need in the article. You have his name.
Speaker 1: I want to see it now. I'm gonna look at it.
Speaker 5: I really want to see it.
Speaker 2: If you're a male, do you really want to see that?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look it up. By the way, most commenters praise the self sufficient surgeon for his bravery.
Speaker 2: I bet they did. Glad it ain't me what they said, better you than me?
Speaker 1: Fred, Well, all right, during the break, I will look up on the I'm gonna look it up right now, Dan, like you joined us. Next we'll talk about the Lakers and why is everybody mad a Jeanie Buss. We'll try to figure that out.
Speaker 4: It is a hump day. Wow, well spoken hump day. Rodney beat Fred Rogan on a Wednesday. Be safe out there. Before we went to break, Fred said he sent us something.
Speaker 1: To take you guys see it. I tried to see it. It's the guy that gave himself a voseectomy. Okay, And what do you want to say about it?
Speaker 5: Fred?
Speaker 1: All right, well, now you get to see it. And if you look, there's a point where there's some other hands in there. And that's what I said, and everybody went, that's not right, but it is. Kevin. I don't know if you're in there, but if you saw it, you can see there's another set of hands helping this guy give himself the sec to me.
Speaker 2: Which you would think there would be.
Speaker 4: Even if he's doing a surgery and it's not on himself, there would always be an assistant or number two performing the surgery with him.
Speaker 6: Which was my thought, Rodney, is usually no one getting you to perform surgery or procedure literally by themselves. There's always somebody in there helping out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some capacity, but he is clearly, you know, making some incisions and cuts and doing something.
Speaker 6: The other set of hands could easily be handing them tools, Yeah, looking at certain vitals or earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whoever it may be.
Speaker 6: It's notations that you tried to make it out to me. Oh, there's another set of hands in there, and Lord knows what they're doing down there. I know what you're trying to do there, Fred.
Speaker 1: Why why would you even say I tried to make a solation? You said you did? You did, because you did, you did. You took it that way. I just said, there's another set of hands in there. Of course there is, And what surgery is there not going to be multiple people in a surger. Even if you're doing the bulk of the work on yourself, there's always going to be someone else in the room, right that I'm saying it still could have done it all himself even though there's someone else in the room. It didn't look like those hands grab something.
Speaker 4: Who knows what they fred. There's always assistance. If somebody gives open heart surgery, there's a surgeon that does it, but there's probably ten other people in the room that are doing in other parts of that particular surgery. He is the head surgeon and does you know the bulk of the work, But there are other people in the room that you know, will seal up or give me gauz. I need I need water here, I need this there, give me this instrument. There's always going to be that, whether you're doing it on yourself or not, doesn't mean that that's not the lead guy or lead person doing the surgery.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: From the story, I took it that it was a very primive UH procedure and that he himself was in I will by himself.
Speaker 5: Why would you take that that way?
Speaker 1: Well, because he performed it on himself. I mean I thought it was the Old West, like he bit into a piece.
Speaker 2: I would you think it was from the Old West.
Speaker 1: I thought it was like this one man performing surgery on himself, like doc and gunsmoke used to perform surgery on people. We got to take that bullet out. Here's a shot of bourbon butt on this piece of wood, and let's go to work.
Speaker 5: See what your mind is. That's that's that's.
Speaker 2: The problem, Kevin.
Speaker 1: You didn't get that in same impression.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'll be honest with you, I didn't really think that deeply about it. But if you would have told me hands, I was like, yeah, I could have assumed that he would have helpers as great as Neil elatroj he has. I'm sure he has people in there helping him out when he's performing Tommy John Surgery's fret not.
Speaker 2: But this guy said it was all about Neil Latrize. It's not about it's not about anybody else. That's certain. It doesn't say the ten people that were in the room.
Speaker 4: When when doctor Neil Ellatriz does Tommy John on somebody, it's just says Neil Elatrize performed this.
Speaker 6: Because he's doing the bulk of the work. He's the if you want to call it an art or whatever you want to call it, he's the one doing it. And I am to believe that this gentleman, whose name I'm not gonna attempt because I don't want to butcher it did the bulk of the work on his own, and he had assistance in there helping him out.
Speaker 1: Fred Well Chen meng Long, I don't think. Well, all right, isn't that what it is?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Jesus, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know why this went so south. All right, Well, I'll tell you one thing, if anybody has.
Speaker 2: Any your mind is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what you're talking about. I just told you either.
Speaker 5: I don't either.
Speaker 1: I told you a story to see guy does it on himself.
Speaker 4: Now you're trying to vilify the guy because he happens to have a nurse in or someone else in the room with him.
Speaker 1: I just didn't know what those other hands were doing. Look, if anybody wants to discuss this more, you can come to Spotlight twenty nine Casino on Friday. That's where we'll be doing the show from Spotlight twenty nine Casino and Coachella. That's Eric Dickerson's favorite spot in Nicolachella Valley. And here's what you do. You get out here about eleven fifty. You can get out here earlier, that's fine, but get out here by eleven fifty, settle in for the show. We are giving away prizes like you can't believe Opening Day tickets to see Opening Week tickets to see the Boys in Blue, and you will determine along with us what game you'll go to. That's pretty cool. We're giving away assigned Eric Dickerson Jersey, assigned Christian or Koyer, Jersey. We're giving away a fifty five inch weesting House TV, and like a hundred bucks or two hundred bucks, so you'll make a couple of bucks while you're there. We have food, we have drink, and we'll cover it all.
Speaker 6: Not giving away VSSEECTI meies. I do want to make sure you point that out.
Speaker 5: Ah, I hope not.
Speaker 6: Although if we're up to Fred, we read is not.
Speaker 2: Fred is not performing the surgery either.
Speaker 6: Oh, Fred would wants somebody who wants a vasectomy. We'll perform it live on the air. That's what Fred wants.
Speaker 1: Kevin. When I worked at it was the.
Speaker 6: Ticket, Yes, the ticket where I still never got my shot glass that I want on your show back then.
Speaker 1: But it's in the mail.
Speaker 6: The mail, sure it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still haven't gotten it.
Speaker 6: Granted I wasn't old enough to drink when I want it, but that's beside the point.
Speaker 1: Anybody that listened to that station at whatever age drink they needed to to get through that fifteen forty the ticket. That's when I had of a sectomy, and I when I They did it while I was on the air, so I talked about it during the procedure because I thought it would be educational, but I did not perform my own vasectomy. Now, if anybody want, okay, and maybe this can this could happen, but I'm gonna need some advanced notice, like I'll need to be notified today if somebody wants to get a vasectomy on the show, I'll find a doctor in Indio and maybe we'll do it live, because if you need a vseectamy, you would drive to Indio to get it, so we could do that. Would you be up with that, Kevin.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry I suggested it jokingly. Oh my pick it up and run with it.
Speaker 2: We are off the rails, all right.
Speaker 1: Anyway, come to Spotlight twenty nine Casino, Rodney. You know you're looking forward to it.
Speaker 5: I am. I am very much looking forward to it so we can change the topic and subject.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, Brett and visecon to me, was this a late night thing that Fred you were scrolling and you saw this guy do this.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you bring it up. Kevin found it and sent it to me. It's Kevin's mind, not mine.
Speaker 6: This is true. I did find the story and put it in there.
Speaker 5: With this brand with it.
Speaker 6: And I said, as we're using that today, I knew you would because I know how your mind works. For I like, here's the Fred Rogan special right here.
Speaker 1: Kevin said this morning, what about the guy with the visection that's in We're using that one hundred percent because that appeals to our audience because men can identify with that. That's why, because it's it's a common occurrence for guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, doing it for yourself and then and then the guy does it for himself. Instead of praising the guy, Wow, that's pretty brave to do your doctor, you do your own disectomy.
Speaker 2: You you criticize him for having an assistant or somebody else.
Speaker 4: In the room, just in the case something may go wrong, God forbid, he has somebody else in the room.
Speaker 1: I did not criticize him for that. I did not call him fraud.
Speaker 2: You called him all the kind of liar.
Speaker 1: He didn't do this, said any of that.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I never said a word of that. The thing I did said he didn't do it by himself. Why are there other hands in there? I don't understand. There's no way he should have a nurse an assistant in the room on a major surgery.
Speaker 2: How dare he?
Speaker 1: That's not exactly what I said. What I said was I think I see another pair of hands in there grabbing something. That's what I said, not criticizing the guy. But if you say it and he didn't do it on his own, well he did on him, He didn't. He didn't do it on his own. There was somebody else in there grabbing something, so he didn't do it. Now, he did do it to himself, but he didn't do it on his own. Does that make sense?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I didn't think so. Uh okay, so earlier in the show. Oh by the way, one other thing, one other thing about our weekend. Rodney here and everybody come out to Spotlight twenty nine on Friday. Do you think yes or no? Eric Dickerson will take us to dinner tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Do I think yes?
Speaker 2: Yes? Why would you think not? Why are you posing that question?
Speaker 1: Because until yesterday I had no idea if he was even thinking about it.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a foregone conclusion that there was going to be dinner Thursday night. He knew that, and he said it such in a matter of fact way. Hey, yeah, we got dinner Thursday night. We got it got well, yeah, we got dinner.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, I was just trying to figure it out to see you know if you believed that it was one hundred percent on, because if it is, you got to leave early this year. When the show's over, you got to head out here.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I do. It's going to take me eight hours instead of two.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you exactly how long it'll take if you leave it three. You want to leave at three thirty, I'll tell you exactly when you'll get here. I know exactly what time it'll be. If you leave at three thirty, Yeah, you will be here between six forty five and seven o'clock. Okay, because you will be leaving at the world's worst.
Speaker 2: Time, the world's worst time absence.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you want to come, but you don't want to hit traffic. You have to leave at seven o five and you will be there at nine fifteen.
Speaker 5: Ah heil. We have to figure this out.
Speaker 6: Fred wants you to be late so we can just take your plate. That's what it is. We know Allhamas works. Fred says, free meal is we Yeah, that's that's what's going on in Friends with Mind right now.
Speaker 4: And we have we have rooms for tomorrow night because last year was a debacle a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't let's not relive that, Rodney, you do. Let's not relive that.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, we'll chick in with that off air. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, you you will have a room. I don't know where it is, by the way, I don't eat it, but you will have a place to stick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, so we got that covered. I want to see everybody. And you can go to the website M five seventy la sports dot com slash Promotions and register. It's good to register and get on the guest list. Even if you don't get registered, you can still come out, but try to register because that will allow us to figure out how many people we have to do something special for and whatever that may be. If you register, that will happen for you, so we'd love to see it on Friday. Okay, one more segment, and your Southern California Ford Dealers are helping first responders with donations and support to LA Fire Department, the California Community Wildlife Recovery, as well as Feeding America and the American Red Cross. If your vehicle was damaged by the recent LA area fires, your So Cal Ford Dealers offering you employee pricing, which is very cool, plus no payments for one hundred and twenty days. Takes all of us to turn heartache into hope, rebuild and make it home again. La Strong built, Ford Proud. Come on, let's wind it down, Rodney Pete phrase affecting me, Rogan, Okay, we got to get out of here pretty quick. Roki Sazaki's news conference starts at the top of the hour. Petros and Money. He'll jump aboard. They'll guide you through that. David Vassay is out at the media's first opportunity and mass to talk to Sazaki find out why he made the decisions he did. I can tell you why he made the decision because it was the right decision and the only.
Speaker 4: Only decision, the only decision he could make. Freddy, you know that, we know that we're talking about. So we just conducted the whole news conference. That's it, because there's really nothing else to say. Listen, Listen, Toronto, San Diego, listen. Let's be honest. You guys have never had a shot. I did that just to drag this thing out and make it somewhat you know, entertaining, But you never really had a shot. I was always going to be a Dodger. I knew that three years ago. I was gonna be a Dodger, right, you know what I mean. You guys fail for that. You fail for that trick. You fail for the okie dope, the banana and the tailpike, all of that you fail for it. Shame on you, and I can't wait to face your both.
Speaker 1: Perfect spot like twenty nine cons, you know, Friday and Coachella. Come on out, Ronnie, thank you, Kevin, appreciate it. Rodney, we get him again tomorrow, you sir,