Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Alliance Podcast. Recover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe and the comics, TV and movies will go from er six one six to the to the mojo vers to the TVA in order to bring the Marvel Unis right to you. I'm the man without Fear, Chris, I'm the nerd with the mouth, David Alliance A symbol, A symbol, Volume three hundred and eleven. And we are now and I think we can say, you know, we're San Diego's done. D twenty three is done, the mad the you know, the summer of major conferences is done, and now we're we're heading towards you know, the march towards Doomsday, you know, the next movie we got, We're going to break down all the D twenty three goodies that came out. I want to thank our geek Verse brothers for let me join the What became pretty much about three fourths of the show became a let's just talk about random stuff, and you know, we were on topic for some things, and you know, Travis Scott his his airing aggrievances of Disney animation, which was it's always good fanning that fire, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I went back and listened to it. It was such a fun show. Said that I missed it, like I said, had family plans, but you guys totally rocked it.
Speaker 1: Yeah so but yeah, these are we did our first reactions. But now we've had some time to set on this. Dave's gonna get his kind of viewpoints on the trail errors and the big cast announcement finally out there for X men, so we are excited to break that down. But how has been your week, my friend?
Speaker 2: My week has been busy with the return of students to school, but you know what, it's not bad at all. It's kind of on the downslip of things and ready to get back into a nice, steady groove.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and we got as always loyal Bear's Layer in the chat. Good. Even guys can't wait for my weekly Marvel News fix, so we got it for you, buddy. Yeah, this was week two. This is the first full week for us kindergarteners are fully on board. So this our brand new building is fully fully with all the kids there. It's always great to you know, you want to I love going to all the classrooms at that point, but man, I'll tell you what, going into a kindergarten classroom, that's at the smiles, the immediate hugs. It's just like, man, you get if you're not even if you're feeling like an ounce of just like maybe a sadness. Maybe you need an uplifting go to a you know, legally, go to a kindergarten classroom. I don't want to random people showing up, friendomly showing up. I'm just saying, if you're an educator kindergarten classrooms, man, you can't beat it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, but yeah, so a little tired, But I've my to do list is getting a little bit smaller. I'm getting to bed a little bit earlier. I'm actually getting back into a routine again. So each week just a little bit better, you know. So, but yeah, let us start getting into the show prop so we can start breaking down these news and these trailers. So as always, we are part of the gek Ultimate Lines Network with six shows coming to wide range of geek and nerdom. To see the full schedule, check out the show as below and subscribe to the Geek Ultimate Lines on Twitter at guapod network so you know when all the shows drop. We also have a patreons if one of a couple of shekels our way. We've got two tiers, our dollar tiers, our tip chart to say hey, you think we're doing a good job, and then we've got our five dollar tiers. AD free episodes, early access episodes, and Patreon exclusive shows, including a couple of shows we got in the back catalog on there. We can watch this all day. The Marble Lines and MCU and Finnity Saga Rewatch Tales from the House of X where we break down our favorite movies from the Fox era of X Men, the Backs Broadcast the Fantastic Form retro film reviews, and we are in the middle of Cape Expectations. The Avengers of the Earth Mighti's Heroes Rewatch first watch every month we give all of our thoughts on five episodes of Earth's Mighty as Heroes. The next episode episode four, will episode four right three four yep three four four gotcha? You know, as I always say, when I Travis proposed this idea of the show, I was promised there would be no math, counting as math whatever episode is about to drop at that point, and again it's a long week, it'll be dropping. I believe in two weeks, so the last Monday of the month and that'll be the thirty first, so make sure you check that out. And we hope patrons, you're joining all the lovely content that the DC Alliance guys are dropping with the DC films through the years. In Joe's multiverse Disney Dives reviews were on the first and the fifteenth. He reviews a new movie from the Disney Catalog of Animation and chronological order of release. And as always we want to thank our patrons. We cannot do this without your support, but if you can't, and so if you want to be a member of our patron go to www. Dot patreon dot com slash Gway network so you know when you can get all that great content. And if you can't join us, we totally understand, but take thirty ninety seconds rate and reviews our marble lined solo feed on Apple Podcasts, Amas, Hobbies wherever you get your podcasts for greatly appreciate it. And last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor, panel bound Comics dot com or on of those hardcover collect edition needs. JP and the crew to PBC have got it going on with excellent customer service and maculate packaging ships around the world, earn points to get discounts on upcoming releases and get additional discounts for order pre ordering books as well. Big thing for PBC. They have recently moved into a much bigger warehouse, so it allows them to order more books and ship quicker and faster at that point, so you know, it's been the little engine that could and got some more exclusive covers coming for some future omnies. So make sure you pay attention to the socials on that. But if you want to get a little extra off at that point, use code Marvel GUA at checkout to get two dollars off every single order, or use m gua sit for five percent off when you order four or more books together. As always you're a listener. I want to thank them for being our official sponsor, all right, So before we get into it, I want to give a shameless promotion to a friend of mine that I'm going to be on their show on Saturday evening. I will be a guest along with friend of the show BJ Kicks on Omni Dog's Vault, So make sure you go to Omni Dog's Vault Saturday evening at five pm. We'll be doing his batter Days show, just talking comic books, talking random stuff, enjoying food chats. At that point, omni Dog is a connoisseur of great sweets and ice cream, but lots of fun geek talk. So check out Omnidog's Vault five pm Eastern Standard time on YouTube. So we'll plug for there. Enjoy it all, right, David, So we have three We had three big announcements coming from Marvel that we had to basically wait most of the evening to get to. But you know, we're gonna start off with you know, as the title of in the background of our episode is X Men. This time, we're bringing them back to the nineties. You gotta work it in there. They memed it so much, I'm gonna keep saying we're gonna get the X back to the nineties.
Speaker 2: This this was this was such a going into it, like leading up to d twenty three. It starts to become the worst cup secret. Hey, this is happening, This is happening, This happened. Then you had a lot of insider's confirmed like yep, this is definitely happening. And then when they actually made the full blown announcement. I was just absolutely in love with this. I'm gonna go ahead and say it right now. I see a certain sect of the internet or Matt that they didn't pick this person or that person or whatever else. I am okay with the age range and the unknowness of a lot of the actress that they picked, especially if their plan is to keep these actors around for the next ten years in this role. You know, Tom Holland had done a couple of things beforehand, but he was not a household name before Spider Man, and that has been his life. For some of these people, this will become their life for the next ten to fifteen years. So I mean, I think some very good casting choices here, yep.
Speaker 1: So so let me break it down. Some of these we knew was heavily rumored. Are the ones were you know one in particular, I don't think anyone had on their their their projections list. So Marvel Studios, the big announcement. We got a first look at the you know, the symbol X men. We got a date May fifth, twenty twenty eight, so you know, if all is to be held held at that point, we now have official word of three movies in twenty twenty eight, Ghostwriter, X Men, and Black Panther. Yes, so we don't know. I don't think we got a date on Ghostwriter. I think we're just more assuming it's going to be sometime in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Yep. But this continues what they have said before and are reiterated recently that their focus right now is on Doomsday and secret Wars and then the fallout from all of that. So I'm happy they're not trying to sandwich something in between just two people appetized. I think that is something that has not always worked in Marvel's favor before. So hey, just just letting these cook and then building up your world afterwards. I'm aur with that, all right.
Speaker 1: So the cast includes we already Know again, Rod Spoiler, while for Brand New Day, Stadie Sinc As Jean Gray, Kit Connor as Cyclops, Samaraw Weaving as Emma Frost. Indie Nov already heavily remembered. A lot of people were saying because she had said, like, you know, she'd be interested in Mistike, not mystique, but she has been cast as Rogue, Christopher Abbott as Professor X, and Mile Mile boyd as Storm and the bit in the big one, the one we were saying, you got you know, there's gotta be a name to really kind of bring this out, to really make people want to see this Adam Driver the as Kevin Figi said, it's become the annual thing to bring in Adam Driver, pitch him something in him to say no. Well, guess what he nailed. He nailed his white whale of Adam Driver. He will be playing the villainous mister Sinister. So the rumors of the villain, the first villain of the MCU's version of the X Men being mister Sinister were not necessarily unfounded. It was just trying to find and man when he came up on screen to give his announcement and he got a little cheeky with the audience of who he was becoming. Just Adam Driver's presence, I said last Friday, Adams Rivers's presence alone, the GRAVITAZZI brings on the screen just being as I said, specimen, just as height, his build, but also his voice, his cadence, Howie annunciated, So I'm I'm very excited to hear what how he portrays mister sinister I love. I mean again, I've been a fin of India nov already since her time on Superman Lois. Obviously, you know it's gonna become cliche, but yeah, she was. She was one of the biggest reasons of why Obsession became such a hit with her her acting or what she did to the creepy factor of everything that she did there. But I'm every one of these is great, and I'm I'm really excited to see Maya Boyd come on from the broad Broadway scene where she's done most of her her career and bring bring into this. I mean what again, to your point, you are now locked your self in for at least a trilogy, possible spin offs. You know, like we've said before, the X Men are going to the X Men. The Mutant saga is what's going to define at least these next this next era of the MCU.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that, this is this is something that is definitely like you are submitting yourself to knowing like, hey, I'm locked in on this for the next couple of years. Your schedule is going to be done around this. You are going to miss other opportunities because this Because I'm pretty sure that.
Speaker 1: It is get others other opportunities.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in their contract that they that Marvel gets first billing on their usage once they signed in. So yeah, you're you're going to get a lot more casting, but there's also some things like you're going to miss out on because of this, So it's a huge undertaking. And he said, I'm glad that they went with some of the people that they went with. I'm very excited to see us tomorrow. Weaving as Emma Fross. I absolutely loved her in Over Your Dead Body, and she was great in the Ready or Not series.
Speaker 3: So only one that.
Speaker 2: I don't really know much about is Kick Connors. But YE say, hey, he's got the look and I have faith, so I'm gonna give him an honest shot to do my boy side clubs for right.
Speaker 1: And I'll say this, Christopher Abbott definitely I heard the name. I've heard his name, you know, around for a bit for Professor x I. My first and really only experience with Christopher Abbot is the movie Sanctuary. Our good buddy Travis recommended it to me, and man, what a freaky movie that was. But man that I was very impressed with it. Again, I wouldn't say he was my top choice to be Professor X, but again, very impressed in that movie. For him. I'm always saying, showing, you know, prove to me you're bad. You know. Again, I'm gonna give it all the shot. I'm very excited for Again, You've got a young group. The direction is there, and there are two castings that there are two roles that have not been cast yet or they are have not finalized deals that they're ready to talk about it, and that is mystique. Beast, those roles are still not yet the the ink is not dried on those yet. So this is not our full cast. This is a majority of them, but this is not our full cast yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I, like I said, I'm excited. I'm excited to give these young actors a chance and let them really do something with this role on it themselves. I'm also excited to see just how sassy Adam Jarv goes.
Speaker 1: As missed in a Whole Pilot as mister Sinister.
Speaker 3: I mean like he he had.
Speaker 2: He's had moments in various movies where he has shown his acting range.
Speaker 3: And I think he.
Speaker 2: Does have the ability to do dry humor very well. He showed that off on his time as hosts of Saturday Night Live. Like he's got a very diverse range. So I'm excited to see what Adam Driver does with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be it's gonna be exciting. But yeah, so May fifth, twenty twenty eight, that is the date that we are going to see the MCU's version of X Men. Are they going to be basically have they been established? Are we you know, how long have they been around? What kind of you know we we don't have a Magneto and I don't think we are. I think we can talk about Eric and Magness, you know, indirectly. No Wolverine, we said it last week. We don't need a cast Wolverine right now. Pugh Jackman's doing it till he's ninety. You know. It gives time to see how Secret Wars pans out, see what we're doing again. It gives because the minute, the second you put Wolverine on the screen, it takes away from everyone else. So everyone gives at least a movie maybe two before we start bringing in some of the ones that people are begging away again. Got gotta tease them, gotta get it out there. So yeah, but all right, so we're gonna take our first ad break before we start breaking down some trailers. So listeners, These ads help keep the lights on and the Geek Ultimate Alliance Network. We don't get to choose what ads come on, and they could be a bit loud, so give it that three count before they come on. Three two one, we'll be right back and we are back, all right, So let me queue up our first one, and you know, the one that seemed to turn around a lot of people who are not necessar necessarily fully on board with the first trailer. The we wouldn't call it a trailer, but it's a special look at Avengers Doomsday with a pretty much a focus primarily on Doom. So I got that. As always, we are muting and minimizing, and so we'll talk through it. So we open this with Doom I'm assuming in Latveria, but definitely in a throne room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with with the magic runes going glowing beneath him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or he could be you know it, maybe not leftair. Maybe he this could be he's taken over the Tree of Life or the Tree of Stories, whatever we're calling it. For the end, of lookie, maybe this is this is outside the TVA. Who knows. So we hear Suxstorm saying Victor was always the smartest guy in the in every room, you know, very ominous music. I know he used to be different at the Marvel Studios logo coming in. He used to be kind, he used to be caring. We get pictures of you know, Magneto player played by the illustrious sir Ene McKellen. We look a little rough around the eaglong here, we get Gambit played by Channing Tatum. We get Steve Rodgers played by Chris Evans, and we hear sussay and then everything he loved was taken from him. And that's still going by my theory I'm holding to. It's not him and his mother. I'm really thinking again, it is his wife and child. And I think whatever happened was as a result of an incursion or something related to an incursion, you know. Yeah, and again this whole thing. And he said, I knew he was lost, but I did not realize that he was broken. And I think that's important for any show like Doom. You know, Victor was known to the Fantastic Four, was known to Sue with you know this whole, this whole rivalry. But man, this suit, we get this like panning of the Sue, just like this presence of doctor doom Man. This is a This next shot is a destroyed New York City. The question is, David, what New York is this?
Speaker 2: That's what I was wondering the first time I saw that, Like what which version of New York is? This? Is this part of the Fantastic four universe and that's what starts him bouncing around from place to place after that? Or is this somewhere in the X Men's timeline.
Speaker 1: Or or put something else out there either one of those. Could it be a Spider Man's New York which one let your mind, let your mind wander with that could be, could be one we haven't seen again. Not all the chairs have been named. And I'm still holding true that I'm going to get that that that prediction right, that there will be at least a casting or two that will be a surprise cameo that they will not ruin. Just that panning in and just seeing Red go to dooing Victor, did you do this? And and I love the acting by Pedro Pascal at this point and heich it really makes you feel like, even without years of build up, that these two know each other, that there's a history, that there is something a strong connection between these two. So we get Scott and Cassie, we get Johnny and Franklin, Ai Franklin, maybe who knows Professor x Magneto, Steve and his baby? And did we hear doom as played Robert Downey Junior saying you have lived stolen lives. That is key. I like that that statement hits. You have lived stolen lives. Every single one of them have lived stolen lives in one way, shape or form. And then they get Pandloki. But now you must give them back. God, look at this such a poser. But I mean, it's not you know, it's it's not even a hero. But he does. He does. He doesn't even go like that get his fistic ground. He just lands like he gets ten out of ten, landing on his feet. But people were I was looking back at this, trying to pan back. As he comes down, he looks like he's like transforming into a different suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is something different coming right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't know where he's coming out of. But He's like, bring it on, did you do this? And Thor comes down. I don't know where they're at, but he said, you will beg for Hell before I grant it. And then we've seen this in the first trailer where he just stops Stormbreaker, makes it look like childs way, tosses it, tosses and fires way at Thor. Hell answers to me in his Latbarian accent and rising sentinels that he is going to control man. I am Doom, not I am Victor. I am Doom. The Avengers doomsday clock is ticking. You know in seedd Infinity Vision twelve eighteen twenty six is doomsday, all right, so the clock is ticking four months away. David, So thoughts on this do you think? What do you think better trailer on the same par What are your thoughts overall?
Speaker 2: For me? I think it was a good move highlighting doom. You know that that many moment between him and Thor and him knocking away storm Breaker, just again flex in his power, letting you know that what the focus of this is going to be. I thought that that was a good move by them.
Speaker 3: To have that set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I know that tickets went fully on sale. I think either that that day or the day before. I totally missed it because I already got my tickets for Infinity Vision. I just wanted my tickets. I don't you know. I just wanted to get my seat. And apparently I had a lot of friends that were I had no problem getting my like premium screen tickets. I had a lot of friends. When those tickets went normal, all tickets went live that day, We're waiting in like three thirty minute, like an hour for one. I was like, what is going on? You had way more showings and way more opportunities. Why was it so jam packed? You know? That really confused me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought the same.
Speaker 3: And because.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, Brent and I already have tickets. And then when they're like tickets go on selth Sam, I'm like, wait a minute, do we not have tickets already.
Speaker 3: I had to go back and look at my calendar.
Speaker 1: I was like, but no, no, no, you already forgot.
Speaker 3: We have bought so many tickets.
Speaker 2: Because I think we also got tickets to the The Adventures to re Release and everything else.
Speaker 1: I'm like, has that tickets already come out yet?
Speaker 2: It's like I know that we have tickets to something, and so I'm confused. I'm going through my calendar and I see it's literally labeled in my calendar double date with Brent. So I was like, all right, we're good, We're Encore.
Speaker 1: I must have missed that one. So let's see we're doing this live.
Speaker 2: I know the the theater near me has been really pushing their Infinity Vision.
Speaker 1: Oh well, it's just it's just Dolby, that's all it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I looked up the rules for it. It is nothing special. It's not like Imax. It's literally as a theater. You'll apply for it if your screen is big enough, then they say yes.
Speaker 1: Basically, So Avengers Endgame Encore tickets have not gone on silly, at least for soon. Hopefully it's September twenty fifth, so we're less than We're just about a month away.
Speaker 2: The Infinity Vision is a racket, but we went ahead and did it because first showing's gotta be like that.
Speaker 1: Yep, I gotta do it. I gotta you know again, they got me there, So all right, so let us look at our final trailer for the evening and uh, this would be Vision Quest. So our first look at Vision quest. So let us queue that up as always same thing. So this will be concluding the trilogy that started with WandaVision, followed by Agatha all along looking at reincarnated Vision and his life post WandaVision. So I believe he either than Scotland or Ireland. I think he's in this bar saying, you know, I remember we used to come in here with that redhead in Wanda, and there he airs into W and V. But he said, I'm a different I was a different person back then. You know. It seems to be working at this shop and you know, just hides out in in the freezer and her charges in his snow vision form. You know, home is just me. And so we enter, you know, and he's in the sleep state. He enters his mind. You know, we see the home that he's assembled in his mind. I like this loading marble television, the vision, all right, so we get like leads movie posters, he has, he got death, you know with him Dano's ripping out his forehead yep. And then we got revision, which is kind of funny. He says, I was an avenger watching his life, but I'm not a here anymore. So it seems to be like during this state, like he's catching up on the life that his former self led to understand who he is and trying to figure out what he actually wants to be. So these are different in you know, visions of him. So we've got different you know, ais that were created. I believe we've got Friday over here as a female. We got Jarvis, and they got armand Dummy. Yep, so all in human form. And the actor who played Jarvis in Uh, Agent Carter is reprising his role. And we get Ultron. We knew, we knew Daniels, we knew James Spader was coming back, but he yells at him, saying, Ultron only human eyed for human eyed humanoid forms, And we get an amazing bearded James Spader coming back as Ultron as.
Speaker 2: Papa was not expecting that.
Speaker 1: Yep, Jarvas is warning him. I cannot overstate the dangers of keeping him around. Yes, but he's Dad, Papa, Pee, Paul. You know again, James Spader is an is a treasure, is a dear, dear treasure, and I love it when he gets to get full he goes full tailtown James Spader and really just leans hard into what we all love about him as as an actor.
Speaker 3: I will say I was talking to somebody else about this.
Speaker 2: James Spader is what Nicholas Cage wants to be.
Speaker 3: The lovable, weird guy.
Speaker 2: Nicholas Cage often comes across this creepy word James Spaders, just like, ah, come on, I'd.
Speaker 1: Give Nicholas Cage a hug, come on, But yeah, he said family wasn't real, and Ultrun's like, are you sure about that? You know so? And then we get our first look at Tommy. Remember at the end of Agatha all along, Billy and Tommy were kind of the real boys now and Tommy is looking for his father muzzled off. I really do think the one who's going to steal the Joe is going to be James Spader. It's no question, absolutely no question in my mind. But yeah, he going to be searching for a son, you know, finding you know, where to exist. I mean, it's gonna be this is going to be again a terror. Metallis Twelve Monkeys Paccard season three. He's big in you know, this is going to be another mystery box show, just like WandaVision was to some extent, Agatha was, but I think this is truly going to be again coming to reality of understanding what he wants to be in this in this world at this point, out do you do? I think at this point you have to watch Vision Quest to understand Doomsday. No, I don't even know if there's going to be any connection to Doomsday itself. I think this is this could be.
Speaker 3: Cool just finishing up the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, finish up a story. But we do get our first look at the headquarters of Sword because that's the sword symbol right there. So they're being involved in this and we get our you know, we're going back to look at this, We're going where are we're going? Look at that those lights where we're going.
Speaker 3: David looks like Madrepore.
Speaker 1: We're going to madra.
Speaker 3: Well dance all sequence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, genocidal, maniac and brain. So we're gonna see. You know, this is gonna be again. I like this idea, and again Terry mettallis being a showrunner for this is going to be He's very much into the weird mystery boxes. I love it. We got our date October fourteenth, so that'll be our last Marvel Television for the year. Because we did find out that friendly neighborhood Spider Man got pushed to next year. We were wondering about that, but but yeah, so Vision Quest and we got our first look at the first poster for it. Man very cool, very creepy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm I'm a fan of this poster. I'm a fan of the way that the lines you're going down and splitting up James Spader's like humanoid version versus the Ultron version.
Speaker 1: Same thing with Vision yep So, but yeah, so very very exciting. All in all, this is this was a D twenty three that Marvel, you know, brought something you know we already knew Doomsday, brought the X Men cast owner and gave it something special because I think if it Jo just was Doomsday and Vision Quest, I don't think it was hit his hard. I think it would just been no, that's cool. We saw it wouldn't have hit his hard. That was right for them to hold back the X Men. And I think the reason they held back the X Men is that I don't, from what I understand, not all the deals were fully ready yet, so I think they had a chance for San Diego. But I do think the right call is to save something for their own companies, you know. Yeah, so it's gonna make it interesting though D twenty three. Every other year they do, they do do some sort of mini conference on the in between years that they call like D twenty three, but it's not true D twenty three. So next year will be a small one more than likely not They're not going to put anything big at that, and I do the alters of that. I think this year they did Anaheim. I think they'll be going back to Florida for next year, so that I think that's a bucket list for me one year to go there and experience because I have a few friends that have done it in the past and have really enjoyed themselves.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and by time the next big one happens, we will be coming out of secret Wars and everything, so we'll have more of a fleshed out look of what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So but all right, Well that is all the news for this week. So we are going to take our final ad break of the evening before we get into listener feedback Factor, fictions and comic book clubs. So listeners, these ads help keep the lights on the Geegultimate Alliance Network. We don't get choose what ads come on. They could be a bit lowd to give it a three coup before they come on. Three two one. We'll be right back and we are back. All right. We had some feedback this week, but out the call PU at the Spidy signal, we got we got some comments, we got some feedback. Go for it all right.
Speaker 2: Number one from Phil Barker. I saw a goofy rumor about Marvel that apparently they may be considering gender bending Magneto.
Speaker 3: Doubt is true.
Speaker 2: But man, you know the chuds online would have a field day with this if it is actually the case.
Speaker 1: I mean, just for the idea of you know, breaking the breaking Twitter and breaking the socials. Yeah, I'm all about it. Burn it down, burn it all down. You know that's the thing. We we even talked about it on Friday night. Just not even the idea of it being a different like gender for Magneto. It's just like I said that a key part of that character, who that character is, is this Jewish heritage. I don't know in a world where you know, how far how far outside the Holocaust we are, or the show as more appropriate as termed. You know, again, you can say, oh the mutant gene, you know, just makes the age very slow believable. But you know, are are they going to maintain a survivor of the Holocaust or another? Unfortunately, you know very much. You know, the Israeli fight and the Jewish fights and has a very tragic history with it. I'm just wondering how are they wrestling with it? And that may be one of the reasons why they they didn't want to do Magneta because I don't know if they have an idea of how to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see a situation where, you know, it does happen. I doubt that they would do it with a character such Magneto. While I do think again, as you stated, the heritage is more important than the gender, I also think that Marvel is not going to ruffle too many.
Speaker 3: Feathers right now.
Speaker 2: Do you have to remember they are a subsidiary of Disney, and while Disney does shake chances that sometimes they do like to play it safe. But I think no matter who they cast as Magneto, the Internet's gonna go crazy. I mean I watched after my Yeah, after mya Void was cast, the Internet erupted with oh she's not good enough.
Speaker 3: This she's not.
Speaker 2: No, we need this actress all it should have been this actress, all this other stuff. I'm like, let these people cook. We don't even know what this young lady can do yet. It's gonna be the same thing with Magneto. People are already fan casting, like, oh, Henry Cavill looked great in a gray wig when he was in The Witcher.
Speaker 3: He can do it again. For me, people are going to complain.
Speaker 2: I have faith that they are going to cast someone who is going to just do great in the role.
Speaker 1: Yep. So all right, what else do we got?
Speaker 2: Second one from phil is do we think Gambit will end up in the movie. I can see Kevin Fagan Marvel doing things that would not be similar to how Fox did things, And since Rogue has been cast, I'm inclined to believe that Gambit can't be too far behind in some form.
Speaker 1: What do you think, David, Is Gambit coming sooner than we think?
Speaker 2: If Gambit is going to be added to this movie, it will be in a post credits leading into movie number two. I don't think he will be a full on character out the gate.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's going to be anywhere present in this movie. I don't. I you know, I just don't see it yet. I think he's coming, and I think it's not until the second movie, which is fine, but I you know, they may get subtle winks and nods, they may end up in New Orleans and hear about something, But I don't see Gambit being this movie. It's gonna happen. We be patient, but you know, will I be disappointed if he's in it, No, absolutely not. But I think they're gonna cool it with the the Cajun till the next one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially since we're going to have Gambit in Doomsday. It's it's not a rush to get the character on screen. It's not like we haven't seen this character on screen before. So that being said, like I said, the most, the absolute most s I can see it in is being part of a post credit that leads into the next X Men. But than that, it's definitely gonna be the second movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So all right, we got one more.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Next one is from Anthony Dorsey, which is a fact or fiction for us, and that is Sadie Singh's Jing Gray will be the main POV character for the X Men reboot movie.
Speaker 1: I'd say fact, I think we got a preview of Marvel's direction sometimes when it comes to strong female leads with Sue Storm in Fantastic four. I could definitely see that, being that she got introduced in Brand New Day, is going to be our window in. I think that she should be a I'd say that would be a strong bet for that. So yeah, I'm a fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely think that she is going to be the leading character, especially since she's the one that is known to the general audience at this point.
Speaker 1: Good, all right, well I arranged that one to kind of lead into factor fictions. So all right, last week's results, we will see at least two mutant new mutants that will be introduced and join the X Men team in season three of X Men and I seven eighty three percent in fact, seventeen percent in fiction. Number two, a new Wolverine will not be cast until the sequel to the first MCU X Men movie seventy six percent in fact, twenty four percent in fiction, and finally, the first MCU x Men we will lead to at least two spinoff projects one hundred percent said fact. So we're getting spinoffs from the proper X Men film. Yeah, So let me ask you this just randomly before we get into your factor fictions, and one could turn it into factor fiction now. But I'm just curious, what do you want the title of the movie to be. There's lots of choices.
Speaker 2: What do you want to have to be for this? Coming out of that? I would like them to either stick with something simple like Uncanny X Men, or if they want to do X Men and then a tagline to it, to be Children of the Atom.
Speaker 1: Okay, I am desk down with the Uncanny X Men. Keep to the history, you know.
Speaker 2: Until that is my preferred My preferred is just Uncanny x Men.
Speaker 1: Yep, the Uncanny x Men. But I could see them just going straight X Men, which is fine, It's it's good. Uh Yeah. Darryl Taylor in the chat saying I think they will be doing an infernal storyline from the MCUX one. Yeah, I mean, she'd bring it, you know. Again, They've got a lot to pull from. Not everything has to be dark Phoenix sagum, please leave that storyline alone. Yeah, not this first trilogy. Go away. You don't need it right now. We're okay, But all right, David, what do you got this week for Factor fiction?
Speaker 2: All right, Factor fiction number one, we will see a version of Vision's family that's Vivvin in Virginia in Vision Quest.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think I think that's gonna be one of the few things they do take from Tompkins Tompkins Vision stories, even if it's like a quick like I don't even know a whole, you know, maybe just an episode or something like that, like his own idea of what a family is for him as he's coping with what was his former self's family. Yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see something where, you know, he's longing for this family that he has, he knows they exists, and before he goes out and he finds the children that he had with Wanda, maybe Ultron in his whole I'm not bad, I'm not good here, let me help you out. He gives him this other family to fill that void, and it's Vivin in Virginia.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, I think that's a very strong possibility. All right.
Speaker 2: Factor of fiction number two is Rogue's backstory will be changed to not include Captain Marvel.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's that's interesting because I've really enjoyed the memes and the TikTok of intersplicing her character rob obsession and saying the look that she's giving Carol when she arrives on the scene.
Speaker 2: And those two started following each other on social media, so you know.
Speaker 3: It's.
Speaker 1: Man's And I've wrestled with this since I started seeing it, like, are they gonna do it? It would be a very interesting look for the character, especially if she's already on the team then, because again in the comics, Rogue was a villain and that's how she got the powers and then turn good. I foresee her being already established on the team. So yeah, I think I'm leaning towards fact. It's not as strong as you know, the last one, but I'd say it's more I'd say like sixty percent they're gonna change it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that they will still find a way for her to INHERIT powers. I just don't think that they're going to go the Carol Danvers route.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think she just may be born with it and move on. It can be boo hits all they want at that point. Again, all these lovely collecticians that have Rogue in it and things like that, guess what, they're still there. Yeah, And and really some people praise other shows that have Rogue at that point, like X Men Evolution or Wolverine and the X Men. I don't remember if Rogue actually stole Carroll Danvers's powers. Could be wrong, it's been a little bit, but I don't think she stole them in those Ah.
Speaker 3: It's been so long.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to go back and watch again.
Speaker 1: If I'm wrong, correct me. I'll be okay. I won't cry myself to sleep.
Speaker 2: So yeah. So, and then number three is we won't see Wolverine until at least the third act of the second X Men movie, or maybe not at all.
Speaker 1: Maybe it'd be a third third movie.
Speaker 2: There is a chance not at all, but I think the earliest that we could possibly see him is the third act, because I think, again movie number one, you need to let these kids shine. You need to establish themselves, get their own audience and fan base, because if you have this looming Wolverine over them, the entire conversation is going to be it's not Hugh Jackman, this that whatever. Let these X Men settle, then get through at least the first half of this second movie again, continuing to build on these people before you bring in Wolverine. That that's gonna you're big. Oh did you see at the end they brought in whatever else? But at least let them cook throughout the first and second movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean not opposed to it. It's so specific, it's almost like, uh, and having no idea how they're going to be, do what story or anything like that. It's kind of hard for me to be that to So I'm gonna say fiction just because it's way too specific without having too much too much there to go on, I'd be a true shot in the dark. I mean, I like the idea, but it's too much of a shot in the dark for me to feel really one way or another. So I'll lean towards fiction on this one.
Speaker 2: I said, I'm going back, Like I said, it won't be until at least the third act, so that that gives anytime during movie three, anytime posts credits, anytime after that still counts.
Speaker 3: But I think the first remember.
Speaker 1: How many years down the line we get the second one at that point if we're still doing this show at that point, goodness, gracious, I called it. I called it. I did it. Dale Taylor with another one in the chat, saying, I think Adam Driver mister Sinis will have connections to both Apocalypse and the Healthier Club. Definitely the Helicop hourt Club. But I mean Sims he himself always has had Apocalypse too, so yeah, I wouldn't say that's as far as have the own possibility, all right, So I will post those on Sunday afternoons. Let your voices be heard with that, and let us close out the show as we always is due with Comic Club. We are looking at part six, The Amazing Spider Man number five twenty six of the other storylines, we finally make it to the big fight and a lot of introspection in this until Moreland shows up and basically it's a big uh you know, Moreland taking Spider Man a task.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he beats him every which way from Sunday Like Morland is just throwing them hands.
Speaker 3: And throws themto a building, throws them into j.
Speaker 2: Jonah Jamison's offices, and Jamison seemed like a spidery finished him off quick before my office is ruined.
Speaker 3: Like we were talking offline.
Speaker 2: My one gripe about this issue is that there is a scene in there where he is thrown into one of the offices and there's a girl there that apparently Peter used to date in high school, and he goes, oh, yeah, I've noticed high school.
Speaker 3: He goes, never got to kiss her? What a shame.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, you were dating the one of the hottest people in the Marvel universe that you just woke up in bed with that morning, and you're sitting there as you're getting the crap kicked out of you, going, oh, man, really wish I could have kissed that girl.
Speaker 1: I think the one kind of I remember reading this for the first time, but I think the obvious big shocking moment is where Peter's beating Moreland saying I'm winning, I'm winning and winning, and then Moreland just like says, did your best so he'll never lose out of it and just rips out his eyeball.
Speaker 2: I was just like whoa, and Peter's like he didn't he didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh crap, he did.
Speaker 1: Ate and ate it? He faking ate it. I mean, we um, I mean the only thing like we see is a squensch. We you see him grab his eyes, we know he's taken it, and then he's a delicious And I was like, all right, and you know that final panel, that final shot that flash page of him, you know, Moreland standing over the shadow and him just beaten with black blood. I just I don't get it. Why do we have it's blood? Why are we making it? Oh it's so dark? No, just do it. I get It's not even the common food anymore. We had red blood everywhere, so what we It's going to turn into a mature weight ratings, so we have to do black blood. I mean, yeah, it was. It was the fight what we've been waiting for. But to some extent, it's not as satisfying as where you know, when he's at his peak when we first get it introduced to more than when he's when Peter's at it at his best. I mean he's basically playing with damaged goods, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yes, we are left with Peter just left dying there inch of his life. The next cover says it all right there as he's on life support.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's laying there. The cover it's just him in black and white because again we can't show blood. Now I get it for this one because it's a cover art, but he's just there in a pull of his blood as you see the reflection of the doctors and he is just beat to Holy.
Speaker 1: Hell and Darryl Dale's jokes and Morland almost look like Assassin's Green villains are sole caliber villains. Yeah, looking at Peter's say, looking strong, they're Pete looking strong, looking strong. All right, So next week, possibly next week, depending on news. David and I are pretty feeling it in the sense of we may not have an episode next week because we've had some pretty consistent weeks of like news, news and news, and with d twenty three over, I think they're gonna the well of big news is gonna dry up. So we may not be back next week just if there is no news, but if we are, or when we do come back, we'll be looking at the other parts. Seven in from Friendly Neighborhood spider Man number three. So look at that, David. We got a whole breakdown of news, lots of trailers, things like that. You know, we're very excited for the rest of the upcoming years of Marvel. But tell people how they can follow you and plug what you got coming.
Speaker 2: You can follow me on all socials at the Phantom. You can follow me here on the gig First Network as part of our wrestling show The Gimmick, which we will be having a show coming up this weekend reviewing what's been going on in wrestling and giving our upcoming predictions for Aw's All In, which is going to be next weekend. So I'm really looking forward to that. Ask any questions. Dms were open, and I look forward to talking to.
Speaker 1: You guys absolutely, So yeah, you can follow me in all the socials. Like Chris bal guys I said, check me check us out on Saturday evening five pm Easterner Standard time on Omni Dog Vault with my buddy BJ Kicks and Omni Dog Talking Everything comics were probably we're going to go on for probably two three hours at that point, depends. We chase a lot of squirrels on that show, so check it out Omnidog's Vault on YouTube. Otherwise, you can follow podcast on Twitter at marvel a Podcast. You can email the show at Marvel linespodcast at gmail dot com. You can follow the Gee Cultimate Aliance Network on Twitter at guapod network. Feel free to tweet email. Dms are open across the board, and continue to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazones, wherever you get your podcasts. We greatly appreciate it. Thank y'all for listening, Thank you all joining for the live in the chat. Stay safe out there everyone, and a stand that may would say, excelsior, true believers. All right, David, what do you got for post credits discussion tonight?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Post critics discussion? Is Doomsday pre sales defining expectations? According to the wrap, Avengers Doomsday is approximately sixty five percent ahead of the pace set by Spider Man Brand New Day. And you know, the big question is will this exceed Infinity Wars two point zero five billion or even climb as high as the last Avengers, which was in game at two point seventy nine billion. It's it's making some good money out the gate, just off pre sales.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'd say it's definitely off the coattails of the goodwill that Spider and Brand New Day has had and it just crossed it's cost it costs two billion, right, So yes, So I don't know if it's gonna be as high as you know endgame, but I think the good will of the movie and the positive response are what's driving it. And you know, again I did my predictions saying there'd only be one billion dollar movie. Again, it was low hanging for it. As I say to say, oh, there's they're gonna have both two billion dollars two billion dollar movies. That's low hanging fruit. I always want to say, it's got to be done this year. Could Avengers do it in a couple of weeks, Yes, strong possibility. They could do it again if the Endgame did a billion dollars in one weekend, you know, the very first week end, So it is not outside the rown possibility. Do we know if Doomsday is going to be in China? That's that's a question I was thinking about when I saw this as our discussion to have they have they officially said that's dropping in China.
Speaker 2: Yes, they they are currently planning a release for China.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So that also puts it in a strong contention for.
Speaker 2: And they're they're getting Imax in China. That the Imax exclusivity is only limited.
Speaker 1: To the US, yep. And so that's that's what we've been saying for a while now. The the unknown is how much going against Dune Part three is going to affect sales, especially with Imax. Them not getting Imax until January in the contents. So yeah, I think I think it's very good news. Again, I I'm always rooting for success at this point. You know, I don't mind not having my prediction be true, but it is a big turnaround for what it is in excitement. I love seeing the excitement as we get closer. Be careful those spoilers that start coming out and start dropping, you know, things start happening, things start doing. I don't think we have picture lock on Doomsday yet, so maybe some of those scary reshoots might happen and things crazy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, I do.
Speaker 2: I do think that they'll definitely see Infinity Wars two point zero five billion. I'm not so sure about end Game. Honestly, I feel like In Game was the last of its time movie wise. Again, we've had, you know, multiple billion dollar movies since then, but you know, In Game was like one of the last big ones pre pandemic, and since then there has just been a drop off of people going to the movies.
Speaker 3: Plus the fatigue of.
Speaker 2: Marble as set in, and their television offerings have not really been like musty can't miss for a lot of people. So I don't know if they're riding that high wave that they were that they can pull in two point seventy nine again. But if any movie is going to do it, it's going to be this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 2: Looking like it's it's got the legs to.
Speaker 1: Go forward again. The the it's moving in the right direction. So all right, we'll see if we see you all next week. But if news is light, probably expect us to go dark next week and we will see you when we do come back, if next week or week after. So all right, I'll they say, we'll see you all on the flip side. Bye bye, see