Speaker 1: Oh, you better be ready, You better be ready for this one today. It is going to be insanely busy, busy, busy. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, he.
Speaker 2: Rode Ryan.
Speaker 3: Goodness.
Speaker 1: I don't even know where to begin. It's going to be busy. Concert announcement today, huge concert announcement coming your way very soon. As a matter of fact, very soon. I wouldn't leave your radio soon. Concert announcement coming with tickets. I can do that too. What yeah, so you factor in that, you throw in throwback Thursday, you got double O seven Sean Connery going for win number two. Tickets are ridiculous today everywhere included the fresh out of d hits your head. Chili put pit passes to go see Glass Animals on Saturday. He's got to put these things somewhere because we got to give you Depthtones tickets before they go on sale. Chili's got Depthtone tickets coming your way in homberm on the fun fact flashback a Wall Nation tickets before they go on sale tomorrow. We got those for you at seven twenty. Read my lips. I need you to send me word suggestions. Email me all morning long Rod at buzz dot Com, Alex takes on Chile for twentieth anniversary party tickets. The two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card is coming your way at nine ten pit passes for five figure depth punch Tonight, Marilyn Manson on that bill and the fourth person qualified for the autographed guitar as predicted, Chili put it on. No the show, All right, let's get after it. Good morning Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Rod, and good morning home Rooms.
Speaker 5: So, if you didn't know, the Federal Reserve cut interest rates for the first time in more than four years. They cut rates by half a point. They announced this yesterday. This decision lowers the federal funds rate to arrange between four point seventy five percent to five percent. The Fed had maintained a goal of seeing inflation getting down to two percent before moving to cut rates. Here in Houston, evacuations have been lifted in the Deer Park area as the pipeline fire comes closer to burning itself out. It's been burning since Monday morning. An suv crashed through the fence and drove over that valve, which triggered a huge explosion. That incident is still being investigated and as of late last night, Spencer Highway is still closed between Luela Luella Boulevard and Canada Roads.
Speaker 4: While be monitoring that on your rec tecks this morning.
Speaker 5: You know, Amazon gets a bad rap from his trading employees, but they're trying to get back in their good graces because they say they're raising pay for more than eight hundred thousand warehouse and transportation workers.
Speaker 4: Bumping wages by at least a dollar fifty per hour.
Speaker 5: And get this, they're also finally saying, you work for us, you get free two day shipping.
Speaker 4: You might have assumed that if.
Speaker 5: You're an employe at Amazon, you would get a complimentary Prime membership.
Speaker 4: If that wasn't the case, and that's driving.
Speaker 5: For them and still having to show out that one forty or whatever it is to get Prime. You think you'd want your employees to be subscribers, But there you go. They're making a couple of changes over there.
Speaker 1: Believe it or not.
Speaker 4: SNL is already in their fiftieth season.
Speaker 5: Saturday Night Live premieres on the twenty eighth of this month, and Jean Smart is gonna host.
Speaker 4: Jelly Roll is going to be the musical guest.
Speaker 5: So we have the lineup for the following shows, but that's on the music blog. I mean, that's on a blog page if you want to go check it out. Nate Bergazzi and Coldplay are going to be October fifth, and then Ariana Grande and Stevie Nicks her first time back since nineteen eighty three. Guys by the way, October twelfth. So we'll take you through some of these guests.
Speaker 6: Didn't Bargata just host last year too, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: He did it fast. It was good, but it was a really funny episode though I know you got an never Dessen's story here.
Speaker 4: You go ahead, though, and.
Speaker 1: I please Findafie please. So concert announcement at six am. It's five fifty nine. I can't hold it. I can't hold it. If you're up early, you're the first kid on the block to hear that. Metallica is the concert announcement today. Metallica coming to NRG Stadium finally. Metallica's M seven to World tour Saturday, June fourteenth, twenty twenty five. Opening bands finally get to see them, Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies are going to be opening up. Robert Trheo has some history and suicidal tendencies. I wonder if he'll hop up on stage and jam with them. Tickets are going to go on sale Friday, September twenty seventh, ten am at all ticket Master locations. We have a Metallica Stadium show coming here to Houston. Awesome, all right, now here I am. I'm giving you all this information. I'm going to give you tickets. I'm going to give you tickets, and the first phone call today is going to be a ticket winner to go see Metallica.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, all right.
Speaker 1: Put the phone lines on hold right now, Chilly, hold every phone lin because I know every one of them is calling. Zero off the phones. When you hear Metallica in two minutes from now, I'm gonna get you to call in and we're gonna give away the first pair of tickets today to go see Metallica. All right, you got sports?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Astros fell to the Padres last night, four or not think they only had two hits the entire game. Tonight they'll open up a four game series with the Angels. A minute made you say, Kakuccia be in the map for this stros going up against Alia's Jose Suarez. First pitches at seven to ten, and you can listen to that on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety on Thursday Night Football, we got Aaron Rodgers and the Jets hosting Jacoby Brissett and the Patriots Jets coming to this is six point favorites. Kick off for that is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Did I just do a Metallica concert announcement?
Speaker 5: You're insane, bro, because you're giving away the first phone call technically first phone.
Speaker 1: Call of the day, first phone call to day is going to be our first Metallica winner. But not only that, you're going to be our first of four Metallica winners. I've got Metallica at the top of the hour, six seven, eight and nine. It's like free Metallica Thursday. Okay, just like we do the beer, I'm gonna do Metallica tickets six seven, eight and nine today. That means a lot of Metallica music played on this show, and it is worthy of the celebration. Pantera, Suicidal Tendencies and Metallica Energy Stadium Saturday, June fourteenth, twenty twenty five tickets, Win them before you can buy them. I'm looking for caller number ten, Woo ninety four or five the buzz Good morning, Ron Ryan's show. Well, well, well, I don't know that we've had something this big drop on us right out of the opening of the show. But there you have it. There's some Metallica for you, and it's going to be mandatory all morning long as we're gonna bring you Metallica at the top of the hour with Metallica tickets. Oh, Metallica tickets, you ask, what are you talking about? Brother Ra. Metallica is going on a stadium tour in twenty twenty five, and Houston is on the itinerary. Saturday, June fourteenth, Metallica, along with Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies, will be blowing the roof off of NRG Stadium. Tickets won't go on sale until Friday, September twenty seventh at ten am through Ticketmaster locations. I realize the show is forever away, but it's Metallica and they can do it that big. They want to get you, They want to get your money before you start spending it on all those Christmas presents for everybody, or they want you to buy Metallica tickets as a Christmas present for somebody. I said, I was gonna give away tickets all morning long. I said, the first phone call today's going to be.
Speaker 7: It's not time for the first phone call of the.
Speaker 1: Day, was going to be our first Metallica winner of the day. Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Hello, Hello, who's this? How are you today? I think I'm freaking out. I'm freaking out a little bit myself too, Dude, there's a lot coming. I mean, listen, I'm a lot for myself right now. Okay, Like like I'm telling myself, bro, are you handling this? Okay? This is a lot to process. Many Let me get this part over with your color ten. You have you have the first you have the first pair of tickets to Metallica as they come to Houston Energy Stadium Saturday, June fourteenth. I'm trying not to screen because I don't want to wake up.
Speaker 8: But this is.
Speaker 1: Awesome, is awesome. I can't think. I cannot think of a bigger announcement this morning. I mean, it just doesn't get bigger than Metallica for us, and you have the making out of a whole out of a whole stadium full of people. Right now, there's only one person in that stadium and it's you. Dude.
Speaker 3: You gotta tell everybody at the concert you know I had I had my ticket. I was your first.
Speaker 1: Okay, you call your first, you call yourself a real fan. I was your first. Number one.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm freaking out. I'm freaking out for you. Brother. Have you ever seen Metallica? Have you ever seen Metallica live? No, every time that they've they've come through here. I tried to win tickets. This is just I'm oh my god, I'm pacing. I'm pacing. I cannot wait to do this three more times today on the show. I'm going to do it at at seven, eight and nine and we're gonna play Metallica, but we're gonna give away tickets. And Manny, I can't think of somebody that could have started us something better than you. Right now, dude, I'm so happy for thank you. This is so I am so unbelievably happy for you. You know, all right, Manny would put you out hold chilli. He's gonna get all your information. Okay, try not to wake up the whole family. Thank you, Thank you, Maddy. I mean, could we have gotten anybody better? First winner, absolutely could not have gotten somebody more excited, more stoked about seeing and then he's gonna see them for the very first time. So it's win them before they go on sale all morning long. I'm gonna tell Alex right now, just line up Metallica at the top of the hour at seven, eight and nine. When you hear Metallic on this show, that means I'm giving away tickets, uh to go see them. Chili's got all the information. He should have a blog page up. I told him hit hit all the socials. Is Chili here today? Yes, Tall show. Yeah, he's here for he's here today. It's Metallica Day. He can't take off. It's Metallica Day today.
Speaker 3: I just want to make sure.
Speaker 1: I guess, so, I guess that's how we started the show today. Guys, I've got to take a break. When we come back, we're doing the other stuff on the show today. It can't be just all Metallica all the time. Dean Rod is starting.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I really don't On the Flip gonna reck check for you. We'll find out what's trending. Then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bad head to head challenge buz.
Speaker 9: Rock and Alter very soon.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Morning Show from six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Welcome back rod Ryan Show. It's got ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny Hi today of around ninety six. Metallic is trending.
Speaker 4: I know that absolutely.
Speaker 1: I can take that right off your plate.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: The big concert announcement this morning, Metallica Pantera Suicidal Tendencies Saturday, June fourteenth, twenty twenty five in our g Stadium. We already gave away the first pair of tickets. We're gonna have tickets for you straight up at seven, eight and nine today, just kind of like we give away beer. It's like free Metallica Friday. Tickets won't go on sale until next Friday, September twenty seventh, at ten am through ticket Master location. So we will be your home for all things Metallica here and we'll get you definitely, we'll get at least four of you into that show. What else is trending?
Speaker 5: Steve from Blues Clues popped up on TikTok yesterday to ask fans how they were, and the comment section is gut Wren chain.
Speaker 4: So people are like, he.
Speaker 1: Did that during the pandemic, didn't Is it the same guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Every couple of months, I.
Speaker 5: Feel yeah, And people, you know, are like, I finally got an apartments, Steve, I'm I'm not homeless now. My sons watch Blues Clues movie every day. People are like, Steve, I'm ten year cancer free, My anniversaries in three days.
Speaker 4: Life is lifeing, Steve. You didn't prepare me for this. So it's all really like good. Some are really heartfelt, some are really sad.
Speaker 5: But you know, Blues Clues wasn't just a show for some people.
Speaker 4: Thanks for checking on people, Steve. So that's what's trending.
Speaker 5: Then Chipotle says are testing this robot that peels avocados. The robust names autocado.
Speaker 1: Oh. I think I had that up on the food blog page this week.
Speaker 4: There you go, there you go. That's what's chending on nighty for five to the bus.
Speaker 1: Cutting an avocado is not difficult for me. What is difficult and what I think they need an automated machine. Mango. You ever try to cut a mango seed is just half the thing. That seed is like, it's it's unruly, doesn't know what it wants to do. Sometimes it's a whole half of the mango. Come up with that and then I'll be interested.
Speaker 10: Good morning, everybody, It's double O seven Sean Connery. This two time Hall of Famer is now you're fresh out of bed head to head two day champion, and I see all the Hall of Famers are coming out to play me.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are. And no, end of the speech awesome, just awesomeness. I'm sure he said, join me on Thursday as I make it win number two bitches. I know, I know we said it because we played the speech yesterday. There's like a little gremlin that comes in and steals the end of the speeches in the overnight seven one three, two, one two, five nine five if you want to play them, twenty years of Mayhem in the morning, let the run Ryan Show, only ninety four five of USA ninety four or five the buzz. Let me crab it some fly away Rob Ryan's Show. Thank you guys for hanging with us here in homeroom on this U. I don't know, I mean it's Throwback Thursday, so I want your voting on that. You got the Colt nine inch nails and pearl jam in there. Wow, that's a heavyweight battle. You got six to gram Thursday. And you know what I'm calling it, It's it's Metallica Thursday. It really is. If you hadn't heard Metallica announced, there's a Houston date. We're gonna give away tickets at seven o'clock, at eight o'clock, and at nine o'clock we have four pair of tickets to give away before they go on sale next Friday. Jowey's got links up on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com if you want to read more. But Pantera and social distortion, I'm sorry, suicidal tendencies even better. I like them even better. They're gonna be opening up the show ten percent chance of rain, mostly Sunny Hive ninety six. Come on, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners, all right, get his music out here. Sean Connery, Hey.
Speaker 10: Good morning, grad writing the show has everybody doing this morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, my heart's still pounding from all that Metallica stuff. Yeah, that's awesome. It's awesome. Don't worry about it, dude. You got an awesome prize coming up if you win today. Chili, very very generous. It's just we have such huge prizes and tickets today on the show and gift cards. Someone's going to be rewarded huge today. Sean, you're going for win number three. Correct, Well, let me introduce you to Tyler. Hey, Tyler, going brother, great man great. I understand that you are a fresh fish and you'd like to get into the air. You'd like to get in on this action, yes, sir, Well, listen, all you gotta do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Sean Connery has been in the Hall of Fame a couple of times, so he's pretty good. Tyler, you're gonna have to be quick. I've heard for years about some delay. Don't worry. Just shut out your name as soon as you think you know the answer. I'm gonna ask you a bunch of silly questions here, Okay, all right, okay, Tyler, Now tell everybody what they're playing for.
Speaker 5: I have a pit ticket, actually to pare pit tickets to see glass animals on their tour Verse show this Saturday.
Speaker 1: Now, I could see if this was a Game five, a Hall of Fame. This is a Sean Connery going for win three. We're throwing pit passes in there. Yeah, for Saturday night. So Tyler, if you needed any more inspo, there you have it. You need to win. You need to win today, Tyler, Sir, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. These are the questions. Question number one, what do you call the colorful cube? Puzzle? That became a craze? Se Sean Rubik's Cube. It became a craze in the early eighties. Rub's Cube. Radio Wizard will probably bring his in today.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I thought maybe you guys wanted me to see me do it? All right, double seven's on the board, Hey, Tyler, Yes, sir, I like that you took a cut. I like that You're not just standing up there and you're you're not looking at pitches. You're you're swinging. Got to swing quicker? Okay, all right, all here we go. Don't go down looking. What would you put a pop socket on the back of John.
Speaker 4: Damn damn.
Speaker 1: Sean cell phone? Yes, sir, good game, Tiler, your game? Oh good game, brother, Tyler. Those pictures are coming in pretty fast here. Yeah they are. Huh all right, you think you can try again? Oh yeah, definitely. Okay, I hope to have you back on, Tyler. Thank you very much for playing Sean Connery. That's probably the greatest Day three prize ever. Pit passes to go see Glass Animals on Saturday night. Okay, I think you're gonna get a Buzz Pop Socket tomorrow, but today you're in the pit. Congratulations, right, Ryan.
Speaker 11: Show on ninety four or five Experience Adventure into the Cosmic un.
Speaker 2: Of Us.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's Lincoln Park and their brand new one, the Emptyness Machine. And they just performed that live on the tonight show with Jimmy Fallon, and I did go back yesterday. We talked about it and I did go back and watch the whole thing. It was great, it really was. It sounded great, she sounds great. It's my favorite song on the radio right now. And that was probably the band that was speculated the most. When I said that we had a huge I mean starting on coming in here on Monday this week. I said, guys, there's going to be a million concert announcements. Okay, it was a Wall Nation, it was Deftnes, it was what Blackfail Brides for the other one, and then Metallica. But you know, I just said Thursdays is going to be huge. Most people thought it was going to be a Lincoln Park date. That day will also be huge when that comes, not if, when that day comes, when Lincoln Park says, Okay, we're coming to Houston, that'll be a huge day. But man, it just doesn't get bigger than Metallica. That was the concert announcement. Chili's got all your Metallica information on the world famous rod Riding show page at the buzz dot com. The show is Saturday, June fourteenth, twenty twenty five. Tickets go on sale next Friday ticketmaster dot com. Opening up will be Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies, who I had about a three year period of my life that that was probably my favorite band, and Robert Trheo's got a long history with that band. That'll be interesting to see if he gets up on stage and jams with them. We'll have another pair of Metallica tickets for you at the top of the hour at seven, just kind of like we're giving away beer. We're giving away it's free metallic a Friday. Today, we have a victory speech. Let's see if we can play the whole thing a fresh out of bed head to head chant age. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 10: Good morning everybody, double O seven, still at it. This is Sean Connor and I am your three day fresh out of bed head to head three day champion. I mess oda join me on pree deer Friday when I make it win number four, which is.
Speaker 1: Okay, you heard that, Alex right, the ending of that tomorrow okay, but.
Speaker 3: I don't feel confident it will.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing anything. I'm just looking at the whole speech there. Okay, Hey, great job everybody. I know that there's a million things going on. It's like it's gonna it feels like one of those treadmill shows. Like you're doing it from a treadmill. You guys are doing a great job of sending me read my lips word suggestions. You know we're gonna play at a twenty. The boys are at it again, so mom, lock up the china. Keep sending me your word suggestions of great words, because after we give away Metallica tickets eight o'clock we play Read my Lips. They're gonna try to win you twenty anniversary party tickets today on the show, It's the fuck That to the Day. We make you look smart and funny. Your buddies, It's the fuck That to the Day. I brought us some new fun facts for you today. There are only twenty eight hotels in the world with three thousand or more rooms, big hotels huge. Fifteen of those hell are in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Where would be the second Dubai? Maybe? Do they have huge hotels there? Probably? Yeah, over half, over half of the biggest hotels in the world are in Vegas.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: There's approximately two hundred different kinds of fung gui on your feet right now.
Speaker 3: That is fun.
Speaker 1: Whoa not a feat guy?
Speaker 4: Magical mushrooms?
Speaker 1: Two hundred different types of fung guy.
Speaker 7: Ugh.
Speaker 1: And then some of you are walking around like fools with no nothing on. Yes, like you got gorilla feet, like festival feet, you have like Walmart feet. Yes, walking around with bare feet.
Speaker 4: They're weathering them when they go on naked and afraid.
Speaker 1: But if I have two hundred, my feet never touched the ground, ever touch bare and ground. If I have two hundred. If you got Walmart.
Speaker 4: Feet, you're four hundred.
Speaker 5: I would say four times that four thousand dah.
Speaker 1: Hey, letters are in uppercase and lower case because that's where typesetters at the old printing presses would keep their letters. The smaller letters were used more so they were in a lower case. It was easier to access. I wish you said that more. That was interesting. You haven't said one of my fun facts has been interesting in a year. I might be able to use that one. I leave the feet went on the shelf.
Speaker 12: It's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart, your buddies, it's the fuck that to the day cool.
Speaker 1: It was interesting, Brillian. None of the other ones were. The hotels wasn't interesting. Off off. But are you giving away?
Speaker 5: I have a pair of tickets see Deaf Tones and the Mars Volta at Toyota Center. Tickets go and sell this Friday, so these are win them before you can. I am deftoness tickets. Wow, I know a concert's big. When yeah, friends I haven't heard from, reach out to me and say, hey, what do you know about this?
Speaker 1: Chili's already asking for the day after off. We'll be here never mind, all right, Robert James and Edward brothers founded this company seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 13: It's now time for rock out with your stock out with captain cash.
Speaker 1: There he is no feat. Okay, go ahead, say some stuff. I'll let you know if I'm interested or not. Really, why don't you wait to the end? Okay?
Speaker 14: Okay, So we gave a little back here ship that was down one hundred and three points. Kick off this morning at forty one, five hundred and three Nasdaq down fifty four to seventeen thousand and five seventy three benchmark ten. Your treasuries trading at a three point seventy one percent. Oil trades at seventy one dollars fifty three cents of barrel to the most actives, the big studs, Apple, Walmart, and Walt Disney, the big duds, Intel, Honeywell, and Amex. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on existing home sales for August. Right now, futures look really good, they're amazing, They're on the upside.
Speaker 1: Hang out to this would be a positive opening. Finally regular on Wall Street Medicine.
Speaker 14: I'm out of here, Salin manage director with the Raymond James reported for the Ride und Show from Raymond James on saanfleep, I thinkus send deeficate toys, rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 15: If a's expressed for those of Aland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates, Thank come ember nyt AS, IBC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. If this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buy er sell any security referred to your m because programs are educational and informational services on like the Studs and Duds are based on movement.
Speaker 4: As reported by Young as I Am.
Speaker 1: Twenty four to five The Buzz Welcome back in Rod Ryan Show. All right, who we got on the phone, Jacob, How are you? I'm doing good?
Speaker 16: How are you run?
Speaker 1: Awesome? Awesome? Got big tickets this morning? Don't mess this with h There were three There were three brothers, Robert, James and Edward. They started up a company way back in the day. What company did they found?
Speaker 9: Johnson and Johnson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three Johnson's haha, founded Johnson and Johnson. I guess they thought the third one was overkill. Congratulations, what are you giving them?
Speaker 5: You get a pair of tickets to see the Death Zones at Toyota Center March sixteen.
Speaker 4: Congratulations cool.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. I appreciate you. Yeah, what a deal. You pick up your phone, you dial seven one three five nine four five, and then you walk away with Deftones tickets before they go on sale. That's a great deal, dude. Yeah, I think you're thirteen years since I got on with y'all. Yeah, we haven't talked in thirteen years, Jacob. Nope, let me check my calendar. Hang on, you're right. You know what, dude, I got my calendar right here, Jacob, thirteen years ago? Why absolutely why has it been so long? I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's something need to pick up the phone and dow.
Speaker 4: But I've been listening to all pretty frequently.
Speaker 1: The last couple of months. Thank you for here to pick up the phone and try. Love you, Jacob. Mean it when I say it. Have a great time at that Deftone show. Welcome to Throwback Thursday and sixty Gram Thursday, and of course the day we play read my lips. I'm going through all your word suggestions. But it's kind of unofficially free Metallica Friday, much like we do the beer. We're giving away Metallica tickets off the top of the hour. So I've got some more Metallica coming up for you, So don't go anywhere. Septembercent chance of rain, mostly sunny, high of ninety six. I know there's somebody driving into work right now saying, what are you talking about, Rod, Metallica. Metallica is coming to I'm gonna tell you all about it, coming up right now. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: The Teamsters Union says they will not be endorsing a presidential candidate this election cycle. The president said in a statement yesterday that neither candidate was able to make serious commitments to our union to ensure the interests of working people. That are all that the interests of working people are always put before big business. If you don't know, the Teamsters are known as the champion of like freight drivers, of warehouse workers, but they've organized workers in virtually every occupation imaginable, of both professional and non professional.
Speaker 4: So they're who they endorse.
Speaker 5: Does have a significant effect, and it's just interesting that they say neither candidate is having a convincing enough argument to be backed by this. Here in Houston, evacuations have been lifted in the Deer Park area, but that pipeline fire still hasn't burnt out. It's supposedly going to burn itself out sometime tonight. It's been burning since Monday morning, when an suv crashed through a fence and drove over a pipeline valve, which triggered a major explosion.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you guys saw this.
Speaker 5: On the news, but people that kind of lost their homes or their homes were damaged or destroyed.
Speaker 4: Their lives are kind of in shambles.
Speaker 5: Right now because of this pipeline explosion. So the incident is still being investigated. As of late last night, Spencer Highway is still closed between Luela and Canada Road. This morning, I'm gonna just take a peek at the map. I'm seeing that it is still closed the repairs after fire. Given the reason Spencer Highway west and eastbound between Luela and East is closed due to the fire repair, Okay, let's move on today. Is national talk like a pirate ding I know if you want to participate, you're dying to participate.
Speaker 4: We've got a tutorial on links and guests for you.
Speaker 5: This was a day, a national day, started by two friends as a joke in nineteen ninety five, and now it's like a lot of people like this fake holiday because it lets everyone there enter pirate.
Speaker 4: I mean, do you have fun talking like a pirate?
Speaker 1: Rod I don't enjoy talking like a pirate, but that shouldn't stop anybody from doing that today. Yeah my thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, real pirates likely didn't use much of the vocabulary we associate with pirate lingo. But if you want to gather up some madies, let your imagination take flight, you do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One of my best yeah, well yeah, okay, Well one of my best friends, one of my best friends who I did the podcast with, Jason Guinty. He runs a pirate tour in New Orleans, and on the tour he'll explain to you where that r maybe, where that came from. It came from an actor, It came from an actor in a movie early portrayal of a pirate. Just like uh was it?
Speaker 3: Indian noises were just like that?
Speaker 1: Just like that? Or the first dude to play Dracula went Blue Blue? Do you think Dracula said that? No, but it's based on whoever played them first in a movie. Then we based our whole lives on Okay, I think that's what they sounded like. So it's a pretty cool explanation.
Speaker 3: James Bond wasn't even British.
Speaker 5: Milania Trump was on social media yesterday and she took the time to defend her pass as a nude model. So in this video she says, why do I sound stand proudly behind my nude modeling work? The more pressing question is why has the media chosen to scrutinize my celebration of the human form in a fashion photo shoot? Are we no longer able to appreciate the beauty of a human body? She also mentioned throughout history how artists have revered the human shape, saying we should honor our bodies, and the clip does include some of these famous works of nude art, include like Michelangelo's David.
Speaker 4: She also I'm.
Speaker 1: Not familiar with her nude works, no, but that somebody will send you shoot me a linko. I mean, I'm just not familiar with the former First Lady's nude works.
Speaker 4: Well, she'll talk more about it.
Speaker 5: You could also pick up her memoir which she was plugging. It's called Malania and it has hit shelves October first.
Speaker 1: Okay, I figured she had a documentary or a book coming out.
Speaker 5: Okay, is Jane's addiction just dropping new music amid the same week they're like fighting on tour?
Speaker 1: You bet ya.
Speaker 5: Here's a rundown of the last week for Reunited Janes addiction on tour in a fight, tour canceled and now new music.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 5: This is a song called true Love and it's available on streaming platforms, but the band hasn't done any promotion for it because.
Speaker 4: Well they're probably still at odds with each other.
Speaker 5: But you can read about it, you can see it, you could listen to it all on the music blog page.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headling.
Speaker 1: I listened to the whole thing this morning, Alex. You two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a rip off of No Woman, No Cry from Bob Marley. It's the same exact cadence and everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't disagree with you on that. And I kept waiting for it to kind of kick in, and I mean, this isn't something that would beat up Radio Wizard, like.
Speaker 3: Hey, the whole song you're listening to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would never say, whiz, we have to play this?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: It's airy, it's spacey and now, oh it takes on a new meeting, like you said, because they have kind of broken up.
Speaker 3: If I got punched, this is maybe a song i'd write.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't ever kick in though the lyric. The official lyric video is on the music blog page today. All right, what you gotten with there?
Speaker 6: The Astros thought of the Pirates Padres last night, fod or nothing. I was thinking of Pirates. It was the Padres, not the Pirates. They only had two hits the entire game to night. They're gonna open up a four games series with the Angels. A minute made you say Kakucci will be on the map for this. Strows going up against LA's Jose Suarez. First picture is at seventeen. You can listened to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety on Thursday Night Football.
Speaker 3: We've got Aaron Rodgers and.
Speaker 6: The Jets hosting Jacoby Brissett and the Patriots. Jets are six and a half point favorites coming into this one. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports coming up.
Speaker 1: More Metallica tickets are second of four pair of Metallica tickets. Today on the show, kind of an impromptu free Metallica Friday. I'll give you all the dates and rates and we'll get you into the show. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 9: Houston's rocking Alternatives The Rod.
Speaker 15: L This morning show six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz. You don't need to clean up your ears. You're hearing me correct. Metallic Guy coming to Houston, bringing them seven to two meter World Tour to NRG Stadium on Saturday, June fourteenth, twenty twenty five. Tickets not going on sale until next Friday Ticketmaster locations. Pantera Suicidal Tendency is opening up the show. You gotta be kidding me. It's free Metallic a Thursday. So we got to go over to the phones here, Good morning morning, Well, hello, who's this here? Laura from Curly I'm getting all these emails, like Rod, why didn't you give me a heads up what you were doing today on the show. I had no idea a concert announcement is exactly that. Okay, you are. You are embargoed from saying anything until the band says so. And even still, I'm worried about if I'm gonna get in trouble for any number of things today. But we went at five point fifty nine. The concert announcement was at six am, but I interrupted Tessa's report for Houston's Headlines and I busted out that Metallica was coming to town. So Laura your caller number ten. Yeah, I'm going to give you, Oh my gosh, I'm going to give you. Thank you, thank you for the rud Thank you, Laura, sister Laura for being a great member of the Rod Ryan Show family out there. So two pair of tickets given away. We'll have another pair given away straight up at eight o'clock and another pair straight up at nine as we kind of do an impromptu free Metallica Thursday. Laura, great Winnes today. Congratulations, Thank you so much, love to say you, love you, Thank you, Laura, thank you. I love you back. I mean it when I say it too. Somebody did ask me, Rob, what kind of ticket prices are we looking at? Well, well I can tell you know they've been out on tour. We know that they came to Dallas, right remember.
Speaker 4: They We were like, what the heck? Why didn't they stop here?
Speaker 1: I know they were doing two nights. This is only one night. They were doing the two night things. Remember, like the setlist was completely different both nights. Yes, then you know we have one night here. The M seven two World Tour standard ticket ranged from twenty dollars to four hundred and eighty dollars, so they put a twenty dollars ticket on sale when they went on tour last year. If you wanted to be up, you know, last row of the nosebleeds twenty bucks to see Metallica. Okay, what I didn't ask Laura? And I'm just kind of curious because the guy that won the first pair of tickets was losing his mind and he was trying not to scream because the whole house was sleeping.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he had never seen him before. Hey, Laura, are you still there?
Speaker 17: Hey?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, this she is. Hey Laura, you're still there? Have you seen? Have you seen Metallica before?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 4: I am a hunch you're saying. But I grew up with my brother grew up on Metallica too, so he's gonna lost it. Oh, that's amazing, It was incredible.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, all right, thank you, Laura.
Speaker 5: Metallica it doesn't matter like it just supersedes any genre. It doesn't matter what music you maybe love or like, like Metallica's in there.
Speaker 1: Are you saying nothing else matters?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Say I am. Okay, I said that.
Speaker 1: I knew you were getting to the trough. I knew you were I knew you were coming for a sip of that. Ninety two may have been my first Metallica show, and it was probably the greatest concert ever. It was Metallica going out on tour with Guns n' Roses playing a stadium. Okay, they're playing where the Buffalo Bills play. They were doing the stadium tour. Wow, And can you even imagine now this I can't wrap my head around just where I live in my space right now. At the time, it didn't seem like, Okay, no big deal, I'll go see him a hundred times. Anyway, they wanted Nirvana to open up that show, and Nirvana's like, we don't do that. We're not helicopter fly in band. We're not playing stadiums. We want to be in this stinky dingy band. We want to be in the grunge, we want to be in the vand we want to be playing stinky clubs and doing that sort of thing. Even though Metallica was I'm sorry Nirvana would then becoming very very huge, But boy, can you imagine Nirvana, Guns N' Roses and Metallica. It ended up being Faith No More, which I personally love, but not on the level of a Nirvana. But Kurt Cobain didn't entertain it for a second, like, we don't do that. We're a different And that goes back to my point. To me, I knew that that was a discussion. No big deal. I'll just see Nirvana another time. I'll probably end up seeing Nirvana a hundred times and that didn't happen to him. All Right, guys, this is fun. This is very very fun day. Today, we still have to do some of the other things, like should we talk about Throwback Thursday coming up, Alex, Maybe we could play some song Calas, Maybe we could give away some A Wall Nation tickets coming up, Those tickets going on sale tomorrow. But let's not forget about these other great shows. Tonight is a big show five Finger Death Punch with Marilyn Manson. Our friend Tessa in Austin. She went last night nice and I said, how is Marilyn Manson? I go, I have seen him be at the top of his game, and I have seen him completely wasted on stage where it's like just bring out the hook. And she said, he was on point last night in Austin. So I'm excited to see the return of Marilyn Manson and I'm excited to see for the first time meet five Finger Death Punch. We have those pit tickets and that chance at that autograph guitar Chilly put that on know the show though, So that's like the last thing we're going to be doing. Keep sending me your word suggestions. God, so much today, so much today. So let's take a break. We'll come back, we'll give you a Wall Nation tickets, and then we'll start talking about these songs that great songs today to vote on.
Speaker 9: For Throwback Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 1: Where the Rod Ryan.
Speaker 7: Morning Show ten am the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Rockstar ninety four or five the Buzz, It's nickelback and rock Star. Fun fact, fun fact. Maybe you haven't seen that video in a long time. We did watch the video recently with my kid. How you gonna do it? You know who that is? Tell me what you want? That that deep voice that's in there. Billy Gibbons from cz top, Oh, Billy Houston's own. Okay, Billy Gibbons from cz Top. If you saw the video, then you saw they feature him when he does those little funny lines in the middle of the song. But there's a lot of people in that video. Actually that was like that nervada. I'm sorry Nickelback was peaking then for sure. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Sure it's free Metallica Friday. We're gonna get to some more Metallica and tickets straight up at eight, up at nine. Just like we give away beer, We're giving away Metallica tickets at the top of the hour every hour on today's show. That was the big announcement when we walked in today. It was a six a m. Concert announcement. Chile has everything for you on links and guests. I do some tickets right here to give away. Everything is big. Everything is big today on the show, Good morning, goodmar Well, Hello, who's this a This is Dariel. Daniel, you can't lose on today's show. No matter what you're calling in for, you absolutely can't lose. I mean, it's all killer, no filler. Your caller number ten, What does he want, Tessa?
Speaker 4: Tickets to Seawall Nation at the House of Blues. Congratulations.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yep, tickets go on sale tomorrow. One more sleep before those tickets go on sale. But you're into the show already, so don't got to worry about it. April first, Husome Blues. My man, thanks, thank you, Thank you. Dude, have an awesome day, all right. It's Daniel. That's Daniel, all right. I don't even need radio wizards, charts and graphs. This song has absolutely won before on Throwback Thursday. One of my all time favorite bands. It's the Cult Firewoman. How good are these other songs that this song is in? Last place?
Speaker 4: Third place?
Speaker 1: Third place? Guys, get it together. This is the former Championsmy has seventeen percent of your vote.
Speaker 3: Man, it's a little time.
Speaker 1: There is a lot of time. We know that there's huge swings happen after we start playing these song clips. Chiley has the voting for you on links and guests. He has the videos for you on links and guests. And if you don't remember the absolute violence, can you conjure up this video in your head when you hear the song or no, just hanging upside down and like black tape on every and just violence. Just it's just chaos.
Speaker 4: Nine Inch Nails had a moment of just amazing chaos.
Speaker 1: Nine inch Nails Head Like a Hole thirty eight percent of your vote. I'm gonna go on a limb that I'm going to say that ninety Nails normally wins when they're in throw Thursday. I don't need the charts, I don't need the graphs. I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: You're the Wizard's still sending up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not only everything on the show today, all the tickets and everything. I just said, all killer, no filler. I'm gonna say that about our throwback Thursday today. So this clearly well, I don't know if this is the oldest on Firewoman, probably older. Head Like a Hole is in second place? What is keeping two former champions out of first place? I mean the Heavy Waits Pearl Jam maybe the only band that can keep nine inch Nails in the cult out of the top spot. And you know what, it's one of the damn it it's one of the five Pearl Jam songs.
Speaker 19: I really like, I say when people ask me, do you like Pearl Jam, I'm like, I really like five six songs?
Speaker 2: Bad.
Speaker 1: This is so good, dung. I mean, still can't understand a word the guy saying yeah. But but he's pushing his lyrics. He's pushing the vocals, you know, like his voice was just glad we got the edit. This has This has forty four percent of your vote. Yeah, I don't see this getting dethroned. IAGO winning song will be played this morning at nine point thirty. I need your votes, peeps, and I can see maybe a record voting day with these. With these three songs, go to the world famous rod Ryans show page at buz dot com. Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz.
Speaker 9: Twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us I've ever met.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that the Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz Nirvana, All apologies. I mentioned Nirvana earlier today on the show when we were talking about my first Metallica show. It was Metallica Guns and Roses back in ninety two. The original opening act was supposed to be well Axel Rose had formerly offered it to Nirvana and immediately like, did not even think about it. We'll get back to you. There was none of that. Kurt Cobain turned it down immediately. Couldn't say no quick enough. Did not want to be associated with those bands, did not want to be associated with being in a stadium, didn't want any of that for his band. So I said, I went to that show and it was great. Faith No More opened up the show. It's still it's on my top five concerts that I've ever attended all time. That tour played the Astrodome as well, and our listener Joe Guerrero was there. He was a young little lad yea. Not only did he save the ticket stub, he saved the map of the Astrodome that was given to him at Fiesta where he bought his tickets. Okay, there was no log on in nineteen ninety two to buy your tickets. He had to stand in line at the Fiesta grocery store. And it says on here Guns n' Roses Metallica. Friday, September fourth, nineteen ninety two Astrodome show started at three point thirty or maybe the gates were at three thirty. Get this twenty seven fifth was the ticket plus three dollars and seventy five cent service charge, So he had to come off of thirty one dollars and twenty five cents no refunds to see Metallica and Guns n' Roses. Thirty one dollars. I probably the same ticket price for me at Buffalo then rich Stadium where the Bills played. I probably was bitching about that. That was probably the most expensive ticket I had ever purchased in my life. Tickets around that time were about fifteen twenty dollars to go see my favorite bands. I remember that being a huge amount of money, Like, do you know how many dishes I have to watch this?
Speaker 4: I am never and it was, and then you never forgot it.
Speaker 1: I need to pull extra shifts at the restaurant. Yeah, I need to buy Metallica tickets at Guns and Roses tickets. There was a ridict. I was probably bitching about that ticket price back then. For sure, I sent you guys that please tweet that out. That's fun to see that old stuff more Metallica tickets. We said that the tickets ranged while they were on that big stadium. To our last go around, they were twenty dollar tickets and there were four hundred dollars tickets. Now I know you're laughing. That's the true price of the face value. That's not what happens, you know, to the ticket sellers and the brokers out there afterwards. But that's kind of the range of the tickets for these that are gonna be on sale next Friday. We talk more Metallica at the top of the hour.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Two percent chance of rain, mostly sunny, high of ninety six. Metallica still seems to be our biggest story here, Metallica coming to town. We have Metallica coming up in about six seven minutes for you. I'm going to play some We're gonna give away more tickets. We're gonna end up giving away ticket four pairs of tickets today on the show for Metallica's triumphant return to Houston Saturday, June fourteenth, Energy Stadium. Of course, these are winning before they go on sale tickets, So that's coming up. Read my lips is coming up. Winner of read my lips gets Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets still the hottest ticket in town with Metallica. Maybe right now Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Federal Reserve is cutting interest rates for the first time in.
Speaker 4: More than four years.
Speaker 5: The Central Bank cut rates by half a point in its announcement yesterday. This decision lowers the federal funds rate to a range between four point seventy five percent to five percent. The Fed had maintained a goal of seeing inflation get down to two percent before moving to rate cuts. Evacuations are lifted in the Deer Park area as the pipeline fire comes closer to burning itself out.
Speaker 4: The fires and burning since Monday morning.
Speaker 5: That's when an STV croshed with a fence drove over a pipeline valve and triggered a huge explosion.
Speaker 4: The incident is being investigated.
Speaker 5: As of late Wednesdays and this morning, Spencer Highway is still closed between Luela and Canada Road. Amazon gets a bad rep from mistreating employees, but they're trying to get back in their good graces because they say they're raising pay for more than eight hundred thousand warehouse and transportation workers. They're bumping wages by at least a dollar fifty per hour, and they're we are finally offering everyone free to day shipping that works with them. You might have assumed that Amazon employees automatically got complimentary Prime memberships, but that was not the case. So before this announcement, you were driving for Amazon and you were still having to shell out to get Prime. So you think they'd want employees to be subscribers, right, so they could actually you know, provide that good service.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, what else are we living in our fantasy world now where we just assume that everybody that works at places is getting some sort of an employee discount.
Speaker 4: Sort of perk.
Speaker 1: Because if you think that we get employee discounts on buying tickets, we don't because we don't work for ticket Master, we don't work for Live Nation. No, we work for iHeartRadio.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Do we get some free tickets around here, yes we do, But other than that, I mean, what we provide is free. If I wanted to buy airtime, I don't think they Maybe they give me a discount. If I want to buy commercials for myself.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd probably have to pay full freight. Yeah, yeah, I don't think I get a discount on that. Wasn't there a pro basketball player years ago that worked at best Buy for the discount? Do you remember that story?
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, I think I know what you're talking.
Speaker 1: She was a pretty big named player too, and he was moonlighting while as a player. Yeah, at best Buy shift for the discount? Yeah, I mean do you Okay, let me ask you this. If you work at CHIB, I don't care if you're checking out or the stocking shelves, do you get a discount?
Speaker 4: I believe so. Yeah, I believe you do get a discount. My sister worked there for a little bit and she got a discount on groceries.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and he did what that looked like?
Speaker 4: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I'll pick up a couple shifts. Yeah, what groceries are costing now?
Speaker 4: I hear honestly great things about ACHIB.
Speaker 1: You might see me grabbing the carts in the parking lot to try to get some money off of my bill.
Speaker 4: Those little things make a difference. I think happy employees are, you know, working harder.
Speaker 1: Believe it or not.
Speaker 5: Saturday Night Live is already in their fiftieth season. It premieres on the twenty eighth of this month with Jeans Smart and Jelly Roll will be the musical guest there. Then you've got a comedian Nate Bargatzi and Coldplay on October fifth. Ariana Grande and Stevie Nicks will be October twelve.
Speaker 4: Stevie Nicks.
Speaker 5: This will be here first time back since nineteen eighty three. Michael Keaton will host, while musical guests Billie Eilish will perform on October nineteenth, and then John Mullaney will host on November two, with Chapel Rone as the musical guest.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what John mulaney might be. They might be giving him a robe. He might be coming up on fifth time hosting. It's a handful. I don't know when you get a robe.
Speaker 3: It's the five Timish Club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, let's talk.
Speaker 5: About Evan Essence because I think they're working on new music for what could be what would be their sixth studio album. There was an interview taking place at the Rock and Rio festival in Brazil over the weekend, and someone asked Amy Lee if Evanessence has any plans for the next month, and she said that they were in the creative process right now, but they're not deep in the throes of it yet. So she says they're gonna get serious and in the studio in November for the first round. So just rest assured that Evanescence is working on something new to bring fans. Those are Houston headlines, okay. And then you know the other music story. The big music story is Metallica. When you hear Metallica, the next time you hear Metallica on this radio show, this one.
Speaker 1: My favorite radio show. That's when you want to be called ten. All right, that's when you start calling the next time you hear Metallica, which is coming up in about two minutes soon after sports.
Speaker 6: Yeah, astros fell the Padres last night, four nothing. They only had two hits in the entire game. Tonight they little bit up a four games series with the Angels. At minute made park Yu Saykikucci is going to be on the matter of this Stows going up against LA's Jose Suarez first pitches at seventeen. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety of the sports blog page.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 6: The Mariners who are five games behind the Astros. They lost a game last night because of a flying bat. Randy a Rosina struck out in extra innings and when he struck out, his bat went flying down the third baseline. A runner on third base and he tried to not get hit by the bat, so he stepped off since it was a strike at the Yankees catcher through the ball to third base and they.
Speaker 3: Tagged him out. No, really, still will play and then they ended up losing the game.
Speaker 1: Can't leave that base. Yeah, you just gotta take the head.
Speaker 4: There's a bat, it's day on base.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's day on base. Anything that's happening. You cannot take your foot off that base.
Speaker 3: You gotta make sure. That's what I just learned. Sure, okay, but go check that out on the sportsblog page.
Speaker 14: Today.
Speaker 3: On Thursday Night.
Speaker 6: Football, we've got Aaron Rodgers and the Jets hosting Jacoby Brissett and the Patriots. Jets come into this as six point favorites. Kick off is at seven fifteen. You can watch it on Prime Video. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am.
Speaker 7: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Metallica and Fuel. Good morning everybody. Welcome to Free Metallica Thursday. Well something snappy I came up with all on my own, guys. Metallics is coming to town. The big contured announcement happened this morning technically at five poin fifty nine. We went live with this this morning. Then we played Metallica, then we gave away a pair of tickets, and then seven o'clock hit, We played Metallica, gave away a pair of tickets. Now eight o'clock has hit, and I'm about to give away a pair of tickets to their show Saturday, June fourteenth, twenty twenty five at NRG Stadium. There is two sets of opening acts out there, our opening act, and I do believe we got the better of the draw. For me personally, it's Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies that are going to be opening up that show. And I can't tell you how excited I am. I love me some Metallica.
Speaker 4: What's the other one? It's like lip Biscuit.
Speaker 1: And hold on Ice nine? Is it Ice nine? They must love that? Ben Kills Yeah, Ice nine kills.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Let me go here.
Speaker 1: That's old news, I know. Good morning, Rod, Ryan Show, Good morning. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: Hello?
Speaker 4: Hi Jackie?
Speaker 1: Hi Jackie? How are you?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so good?
Speaker 4: Why so good? Talk?
Speaker 1: Is my off time favorite band of off time excited?
Speaker 4: This is your favorite?
Speaker 1: So you've probably seen him a dozen times? Huh? I have.
Speaker 6: I was at the Metallic against Roses and ninety two in Dallas.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I tried so hard to win tickets last time yall gave him away from the Dallas show. I ended up having a bye ticket.
Speaker 4: So it's really rock.
Speaker 1: Just curious as to somebody that went to the to the Dallas show because they were doing those no repeat weekends, which weekend did you pick? Or which show did you pick? Because they were playing they were playing on Friday night and Sunday night.
Speaker 13: I actually had tickets for both, but I only got to go to Fridays, and I didn't hear my favorite song in her Sandman, So.
Speaker 2: I mean I was bombed.
Speaker 1: That still absolutely blows my mind. As you know, like us old people, Jackie, we've been going to concerts for years, can you it's unbelievable we said that. I think I might have used that song as an example. It was such a radical thing Metallica has so much music. They were doing two shows and they weren't repeating their set list, and I said, someone's going to go to see Metallica and they're not gonna play enersand man, yeah, so they've closed with for the last twenty five years, and you're gonna go They're gonna close with something else on that particular night. That's the night you went. Well, you've locked in your tickets. Congratulations, who to go see?
Speaker 20: God, thank you, that's so awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You made my day. All the winners have been so so unbelievably happy. It's just the Metallica. Whether you like them or not. Man, they are like the biggest band, one of the biggest bands on the planet.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't have a lot of answers as to why I'm not complaining. Houston is just getting one show. Most of this tour that they announced, this new now going into its third year. I believe, Uh, most of this tour for next year. Most cities are getting the two shows and it's gonna be the no repeat weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, most of like Toronto, Nashville, but you do have someone there like Blacksburg, Virginia will get one.
Speaker 4: I think Atlanta only gets one.
Speaker 1: But we're such a huge like Charlotte's getting.
Speaker 5: One, but we we deserve three.
Speaker 1: Not complaining. Yeah, I just wonder because we already had to do the proximity of Houston to Dallas, they said, Okay, we only need to do one. I don't know if they thought they couldn't squeeze the market. Metallica could have squeezed the market for two shows. And who knows what's going on with the stadium in June. You know there might be something else already booked at Energy Stadium. Olympus. Guit and Ice nine Kills is in support those on those dual weekends because it's not only a no repeat set list for for Metallica, but they had if you remember last time, they had different opening bands for each night too, so you really were getting an absolute unique experience even though you were seeing Metallica twice in the same weekend. James only needs one day, which is amazing at his age to go out there. He was playing Friday day of rest on Saturday and then singing again on Sunday. At his age, most of those singers need four or five days in between shows, and James is still killing it and I had to laugh during that Fuel song, Alex will know Dinah's signature. Dinah did not do any impersonations except for James Hetfield. Yes, that's the one that she tried to do. She unwillingly. Every time she sang she sounded like Michael McDonald from the Doobie Brothers. But the one impression that she did go for was James Hetfield, and it was based on that song, because he does it, you like in that Fuel song, that is the quintessential you, James Hetfield.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 1: I giggled when I heard it. I giggled as soon as it came on. We got one more of these to get to straight up at nine o'clock. Why don't we get silly and play some more Metallica and give away more tickets?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Well right now, hey, nips, I got great words in between all the other madness that's happening today on the show. And then I don't know if I could even handle this.
Speaker 16: Here we go.
Speaker 1: You're trying to the boys.
Speaker 3: I'm guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the boys are going at it. I've got Chili and I've got Alex going at each other here for read my lips and nothing but huge tickets. All killer, no filler. They're trying to win you. Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets to come party with us October twelfth at the Carbock Brewery. So I guess now is when you call Chile and break his heart and choose Alex say that.
Speaker 5: No age Chili one of his wins. I used to think he only beat me. He did beat Alex one time.
Speaker 1: He's got three wins on the air.
Speaker 3: Has happened?
Speaker 1: Alex has fifteen wins on the air seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five. Get on board The.
Speaker 9: Rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, Find the Buzz, Welcome back. You got an email from Chili the other day, Rod, I frowned your song Pup to be Ba has the bas You had to tell me that was LCD Sounds, says. So now they're doing a residency in New York. They just announced today, I mean, just below the Metallica announcement, LCD sound System a residency in Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: I would see them if they came in town.
Speaker 1: Would you would you take me? I'd do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll watch the baby.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't trust you much.
Speaker 1: What are you sure, baby, I'm sir, I'm getting set up here. We're gonna play read my lips coming up in just a little bit. I just glanced over here at Throwback Thursday, Pearl Jam is in the lead. Nine Inch Nails had jumped above them, but now Pearl Jam is back in the lead. Why go has forty one percent of the vote. Nine Inch Nails had like a whole thirty eight percent of the vote. Cult Firewoman, it's a former winner nineteen percent of the vote. You don't like those numbers, do something about it. Go cast your vote on the world famous Rod Ryan show page at the buzz dot com, and then see about this big concert that was announced this morning. But you got that's trending.
Speaker 4: Metallica. I'm calling it. This is Thursday.
Speaker 5: We've been giving away Metallic tickets every hour or because rog insane and he had to go and give everyone a prize as soon as the show started.
Speaker 4: So that we've had three winners so far.
Speaker 1: I got excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll have one more at nine o'clock.
Speaker 5: So when you hear the Metallica music, that's when this fool is going crazy.
Speaker 1: You should have But guess what fool is right? I got an email from the Razor radio Wizard I heard at the top of the hour. He's like, he's like, what are you doing? What do you mean You're getting away four pair and you're playing Metallica all morning. He's like, I didn't know about any of this, Like.
Speaker 5: If there was a chance that we might have gotten out of a meeting today, you destroyed that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, I'm going to the principal's office at ten oh one in Trouble. So just so you know, for you guys, I gotta go take my licks afterwards.
Speaker 5: Okay, you got meme Alex where the guys like taking all the bullets, like protecting that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the soldier or I know we got that in there, Kevin Bacon from an Animal House. Thank you, sir? Might I have another? Thank you? Sir? May I have another? Just so you know, I am taking my licks after the show today because of all this Metallica business, and it was not Apparently somebody didn't hear me say that I'm gonna I'm gonna go by that, but he claims that that was never run by him.
Speaker 5: It feels good not to be the one in trouble, I guess it feels kind of nice.
Speaker 1: I'm leaving it.
Speaker 5: Okay, since it is Methallica Thursday, it's also Fixstagram Thursday, and that is our number one blog page. Our listener, Carlos a bit of this nomination and she is getting all the clicks, so Chile, thanks you for your service, Carlos.
Speaker 4: And then the last thing was mister Beast getting in trouble.
Speaker 5: Apparently he tried to do that big reality show and some of the contestants were disgruntled. So squid Game currently holds the record for like most contestants in reality show.
Speaker 4: Mister Be's trying to break that record in a little trouble.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: That's what's trending on Night four five.
Speaker 1: To Aaron, what is your name? Yes, Aaron, Aaron, how do you spell it?
Speaker 4: A E R I N.
Speaker 1: That's why I went with I here. Okay, okay, you're done, messed up? D nice Aaron. Who's playing for you today? Chili?
Speaker 20: All right?
Speaker 4: NICs chilly, chilly.
Speaker 1: Well, he is going to be in the room with us. I told you that scares me. You got to tell me when that's coming up. Aaron, you think Chile's gonna get it done for you today? I'm sure hoping he is, I'm putting all my luck on him. Yeah, it's the run Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets. Richard is hoping that Alex does it for him. Hi, Richard, Hello, Hey, welcome, welcome to read my lips. Okay, let me get my words together. Can you guys sit for another three and a half minutes? You got it? Okay, Aron Richard read my lips. After this Ryan Show us, let's go. Let's go twenty four or five the buzz alqual I need to and miss you, Rob Ryan Show. It's been hot outside, dude, it's so busy. I've even talked about it. How I mean it's been hot outside, feeling like well over one hundred degrees today, high of ninety six, little chances of rain with mostly sunny skies. All right, Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets on the chopping block right now. Some are saying, still the hottest ticket in town because you have to win them.
Speaker 4: It's start to read my lips.
Speaker 1: Aaron, good morning, good morning, good morning. I was thinking of that this is my house. Get your hands in the Aron, Aron, That's what I was. That's what I was thinking when I saw Aron over here. But it's erin.
Speaker 4: Let's touch up.
Speaker 1: This is my jam. Get your hands in.
Speaker 4: The ans baby bash.
Speaker 1: How the youn't worry about what? I know? You're all right. You're taking on, You're taking on Richard, Richard, Good morning, Rod. We all say hi Richard. You are on team Alex today?
Speaker 7: Do it?
Speaker 1: Guys? I ask you this from time to time? Is there any extra pressure, Chili when you're playing for such a huge ticket? Do you care about these listeners? They really want to be at that party? Chili, You're on the floor, go, I do care, Yeah, but it doesn't trust me out at all. It should got eye of the tiger. Aron wants to be at the twentieth anniversary party. You gotta win for her. I'm okay. Will this helped? Chili?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I just saw a smoke come out of his nose. My Nichols got hard? All right, I'll be over here throwing up. I see you putting on the headphones. How don't even even ask you're going first? I'm just cleaning them, just cleaning them.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Returning champion is Alex Chile the first?
Speaker 15: Why not?
Speaker 1: I'll go Okay, cool guys, neat momat lock up, the China. The boys are at it again. Chili's not putting on headphones. He won't be able to hear me testing you the timer. I am indeed as soon as I get done saying the word, as soon as I'm done boom, please hit the time or give them twenty seconds to get it.
Speaker 4: No problem. That was so polite of you to take care.
Speaker 1: All right, Here we go. Chili's now has their headphones on. Lauren had sent this in, and I believe this came out of the shouted out loud game.
Speaker 4: Oh chowder.
Speaker 1: Sometimes some of the games blend in throwing one another and uh. And this knucklehead may have even said it. As a matter of fact, I think he did.
Speaker 4: Oh no, comes up.
Speaker 20: Whatever you said about me, I'll say you back to you twice.
Speaker 7: Ideal.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 11: Cleavage soup, cleavage story, cleavage soup, cleavage loop, cleavage soup, cleavage, cleavage soup, cleavage soup, Boom.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to see what shouted you said it dummy, name of soup. That's name A soup starts with the letter C. Okay, you said cleavage jackass during the shout it out loud games. He doesn't even remember no, I don't. I'm focused. All right, here we go, come on moments, Okay, Testa, see if you remember why this was said this week on the show. Guys, when you submit words, I just want to stress because I know a lot of times I do use silly things that were said on the program. It doesn't have to be anything that was said. Alex is the most critical of that. Where did they come from? That was never said? It doesn't have to be said on the air.
Speaker 4: Some of the word combos are summon.
Speaker 7: And thank you for.
Speaker 4: Making you pay attention in including me in the game.
Speaker 1: Please ahs up, down up. Payola said this.
Speaker 20: In bouncy pork, What bouncy pork, bouncy booty, bouncy pork, bouncing board, bouncing point, bouncy pork, bouncing these bouncy pork, bounty board, bouncy por bouncing No, I believe that was the translation of the little hippo.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 5: But remember when you said name of meat that starts with the letter P and he said pork and he said he was thinking of the hippo, a little baby hippo, ornery little hippo.
Speaker 20: I forgot how to say it, and I don't know they're bouncing, and that's all I remember, bouncing, bouncy pork.
Speaker 9: Making Minaj bouncing.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, what is he about?
Speaker 1: I know nobody knows. All right, Chili all right? Aron, probably wondering when's the next chance we're giving away tickets.
Speaker 3: I'll say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, he'll get this one. Yeah, you're right, dear, all right, thumbs up. Josh Tree sent us in African Snow? What African snow? Average show? African snow A freak show? Africa can snow?
Speaker 3: Africa snow?
Speaker 1: You gonna get that?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 4: You get it? Snow Africa Africa? Yeah, I think you get it.
Speaker 1: We see Africa snow, African snow. They said to give it to you. I'm good with that. Wow. Get your hands in the air. You got to Aaron? All right? Richard on team Alex White nervous. I'm just listening. Yeah, I know, but I would be because of the ticket. Because of the ticket and the importance of it. You still have to win your way into this anniversary show. Alex is holding onto your tickets right now, He's dangling them in front of your face. You got it, Alex, all right?
Speaker 4: I can't hear you he can't hear you, right.
Speaker 1: Todd sent this one all right, Oh boy, why is the carpet that could be dangerous? Yeah, he sends in some wacky ones. Thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm scared, I am too focus.
Speaker 18: Dungeon daddy. What dungeon daddy, No, dungeon dungeon daddy, dungeon.
Speaker 21: Dungeon daddy, dungeon stay, dungeons safe, dungeon dragon, dungeon daddy, dungeon dagger, dungeon daddy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I thought I got it.
Speaker 5: I thought he's a daddy, but he's a dagger. I thought he was saying, saddy zaddy, dungeon daddy.
Speaker 4: He hates you. There, it's over for you.
Speaker 1: You hate Todd.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, I'm translating for Allen you. He's off the gravy gang.
Speaker 1: You direct that hatred over to the guy with the wet carpet.
Speaker 4: He's being Ladle Ladle. Todd's later.
Speaker 1: He's kicked off the pod. Yep, says you're out, bro, You're in pod jail. All right. Jesse sent this one in pod break. Here we go. Thumbs up.
Speaker 13: Fuzzy cracker, What fuzzy cracker, Fuzzy Ranger fuzzy Cracker, fuzzy Cracker. I don't care, fuzzy cracker, fuzzy daddy, fuzzy fuzzy daddy Cracker.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, buzzy, just cracker.
Speaker 5: Time time time, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: A meltdown, A meltdown start in the game, chilling. Get your hands in the air.
Speaker 5: When you said you gave him all of your luck today, you really meant it.
Speaker 4: I can't tell.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: So, hey, Eric, you're gonna be at the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Chiley just won you a pair of passes to go see Shine Down b October. So I'm theory of a dead man the Exces and we'll be there too. You want your way in, that's the only way you can get in. Congratulations so much.
Speaker 1: You're welcome so much, Aaron. I'm happy for it. Okay, it sounds like you're in hammer.
Speaker 7: To the.
Speaker 1: Sorry I am. Somebody get her a brown bag, debrieze into he needs help. It's so great, all right, Aaron, hang on for me. Be safe over there. Houston's Rock, Houston's.
Speaker 9: Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Twenty four five The Buzz We'll skate from Green Day well, we're gonna rock out sooner or not if we got more Metallica on the way. As we are playing Metallica every hour, we are giving away Metallica tickets every hour, kind of like a free Beer Friday, but it's free Metallica Friday, so that's coming up. I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny, high of ninety six as a hell of a battle, Bruin. It's completely been put on the back burner just because everything else that's going on here. But we have three outstanding songs today for Throwback Thursday, well over a thousand votes now. Nine Inch Nails back on top with forty point six eight percent of the vote, Pearl Jam forty point four to one, just about five votes separating the two.
Speaker 5: Come on Guys, Nails Cult Firewoman way back in third place.
Speaker 1: That's a former winning song. That's how huge the two songs are. And Pearl Jam hasn't been in Pearl Jam has not been in Throwback Thursday in forever. And you're telling me that you really want that. But the Nine Snails people are hanging in there mostly sunni today hot it's gonna feel like one hundred degrees true, temperature around ninety six tests at one final time Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: There's a big story that I didn't want to mention. We haven't talked about it in headlines yet, but personal electronic devices exploded for the second day in a row. This stuff is going on in Lebanon, and at least twenty more people were.
Speaker 1: Killed, all the pagers.
Speaker 5: Yes, this is an insane story, and around four hundred and fifty people were injured. So these walkie talkies are being used by members of this terrorist group, Hezbollah, and they exploded. So the terrorist group said in short statements that sixteen of its members were killed yesterday, with four non members losing their lives.
Speaker 4: In the attack.
Speaker 5: So while Israel hasn't officially confirmed its involvement in the attack, several sources has can have confirmed that the Israeli agency Masad put them together. So the White House said again yesterday that the United States wasn't involved in the attack. I don't know if you've got to see any of this press conference, but they are really, you know, reporters really trying to grill get information, and the White House was pretty tight.
Speaker 4: Lipped about the whole thing.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's a big story, and I did want to mention it. Okay, Here in Houston, evacuations have been lifted for the Deer Park area as that pipeline fire comes closer to burning itself out.
Speaker 4: They say it's going to burn out tonight, but it's been burning since Monday morning.
Speaker 5: That's when an suv crashed through a fence and drove itself over a pipeline valve. That triggered a huge explosion and really put some damage in this Deer Park area.
Speaker 4: So this incident is still.
Speaker 5: Being investigated, and as of this morning, there is still emergency repair going on. So Spencer Highway east and westbound between Luela and East Boulevard, that is simply close. You simply cannot drive in that area because they are trying to clean up the mess that that fire made and all the damage to all those houses man our neighbors are total. You guys are just in our prayers. We can't imagine what you've had to go through dealing with that.
Speaker 4: All right, let's switch gears a little bit. Yeah, today is.
Speaker 5: National I'll talk like a pirate day, So if you want to participate, we have a tutorial on links and guests. This whole national holiday was created by two friends in nineteen ninety five as a joke, but it's become one of these faux holidays that people lean into because they like, you know, Jack Sparrow Captain Hook, although real pirates likely don't use much as the vocabulary we consider to be pirate.
Speaker 1: Lingo in the past, hasn't Long John Silver. I don't know. I don't know where they are. I'm sure this one in Conro hasn't Long John Silver. If you go in there talking like a pirate, you get a discount or something.
Speaker 3: You don't stay away. Why fast food fish does not.
Speaker 7: Need to do a thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could say that about all fast.
Speaker 3: Food okayish specifically though.
Speaker 5: I'm looking say yeah, three days ago, Long John Silvers invites swashbucklers from across the seven Seats to celebrate talk like a pirate day, So I think, yeah, I think if you go in there you'll get some sort of discount.
Speaker 4: I don't think you'll eat for free.
Speaker 3: Maybe you just get away to get anybody in there. I don't think.
Speaker 1: Let me pull up my Long John Silver finder is his favorite, Like fast food places, Long John.
Speaker 5: Silver, that's probably so much little I did like I'm not gonna be above it. I did like those chicken tenders and those little crunchies and the fries. I liked lone John Silvers when I was little.
Speaker 6: When I lived in Huntsville, there was long John Silvers, and I don't think I saw anybody go into it for the four years I went to Still.
Speaker 4: But it's all that buried treasure that the pirates have. They keep the lawn Johns Silver operating.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's a new Instagram video from Malania Trump and she basically took the time to defend herself and her past as a nude model. She's like, I stand proudly behind my nude bodily work. Why well, She's like, well, the better question is why has the media chosen to scrutinize my celebration of the human form. She goes on to include famous images of like nude art Michelangelo's.
Speaker 4: David, and she just says, we should.
Speaker 5: Honor our bodies and embrace the timeless tradition the painting for of using art as a powerful means of self expression.
Speaker 1: Draw me like one of your French girls, Jack.
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 5: She's also she's talking about this, which I think she's got our attention.
Speaker 4: But she was also plugging her new memoir Melodic Sense.
Speaker 3: Because I was like, didn't she do this like years ago?
Speaker 1: Well it comes. What's weird is when she makes a statement like, okay, I need to speak up for nude art. Are people coming at you? We don't know that. We don't know that people are coming at you. But I guess you have a book coming out, so we will find out that people are coming at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now, sorry, I bought the book.
Speaker 5: She okay, yeah, sure, it'll be here October first. You can borrow it as soon as I'm done.
Speaker 1: This is new Jane's addiction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I mean, do we need a little rundown of Jane's addiction?
Speaker 1: Well, the timing isn't great that they just broke up.
Speaker 5: Right, so, like like as of last week on tour, then in a fight and they canceled the tour and now they have new music.
Speaker 4: This is not timely at all for them.
Speaker 1: I don't know that they broke up, but yeah, they did cancel the tour. So that's about as breakup as you get.
Speaker 4: Songs called true love. They could have used some true love when they were fighting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if you're waiting for it to kick in. It just doesn't.
Speaker 3: It's almost exactly like no Woman, No Crime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very trippy, the whole thing, the whole videos on the music blog page today. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: All right, man, we've got some Metallica coming up, Metallica tickets coming up. But we gotta talk about sports.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Astros fell to the Padres last night, four or nothing. They only had two hits the entire game. Tonight they're gonna open up a four game series with the Angels at Minute Main Park. You say, Kakuchi will be on the mountain for the Strollers going up against LA's Jose Suarez. First pitches at seventeen. And you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. On Thursday Night football, we got Aaron Rodgers and the Jets hosting Jacoby Brissett and the Patriots. Jets come into This is six point favorites kickoff for that's seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 4: Did you say Aaron Rodgers, Aron Fingers? Okay, this is mood jam.
Speaker 1: All right, Next time you hear Metallica on this radio show is when you should be calling to try to win some tickets to go see them before those tickets go on sale.
Speaker 15: Hot Houston's alternative and home of The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz I forgot how much I love that. I remember doing the world premiere of that song.
Speaker 4: That's a good one, that's a banger.
Speaker 1: I remember sitting here doing the world premiere, and then there was that little false ending at the end there where you think they're done, and all of a sudden, the Double Baskins said, you can ducket totally an homage not stealing, an homage to Mega Deaths or I'm sorry nothing, Motorheads overkilled absolutely a tribute to Lemmy.
Speaker 5: And oh sorry, and I think just a statement like we are so far from done melting your face off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Metallica. That's our fourth Metallica song this hour, this show. Kids, it's because they're coming to town and we just kind of went crazy, And I'll deal with everything else after the show. Why we're playing so much Metallica and giving away so many tickets, But I wanted to play Metallica and I wanted to give away tickets every time you heard Metallica. I wanted you to call in. I wanted you to win tickets to go see one of the biggest bands in the world playing in the round at Energy Stadium. You're going to be all around this band as they play on the fifty yard line On Saturday, June fourteenth. Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies are opening up our show, and we have another pair of tickets. Good morning rod Ryan's Show, Good morning, Well hello, who is this Hi?
Speaker 7: I'm Stacy.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited for you because you are caller ten. I'm not even messing with people this morning. This is too big? Is this too big for me to try to get people's hopes up and crush them. You're going to see Metallica?
Speaker 5: Awesome, Thank you so much. I was waiting when I saw it on your Facebook page.
Speaker 17: I was like, oh my gosh, I need to win ticket.
Speaker 1: The Facebook page still bringing the peeps in the yon keep sounds like sound have you seen Metallica in concert before?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: Never?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know. Prepared to have your mind blown? Yeah, okay, you'll say Oh this is why Rod said they're one of the biggest bands. I mean one of the biggest bands in the world. And you can count on one hand, one and a half hands, how many rock bands can handle the stadium like this, and they are one of them. So congratulations. I'm super excited for you.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you so much, Rod. I love y'all.
Speaker 1: Thank you, man, I love you and I mean it when I say it, I really do. So just the one show. Not complaining they aren't continuing on though they played over three million fans since they started in Amsterdam. When they started this whole M seven to two tour, they played over three million people. They still have yet to play. How about this. There's a show coming up in Mexico City. Two hundred and fifty thousand fans are going to be a part of that. No repeat weekend, one hundred and twenty five a night. Damn to go see them in Mexico City. Wow, sold out two shows at one hundred and twenty five thousand people a night at that stadium. Yeah, I mean, so these are just the things I don't need. You don't need me to back it up. But this band is just so unbelievably huge. The other nights that they're playing, Limp Biscuit and Ice nine Kills are going to be on the show, but our show specifically, and I couldn't be more happy about it, especially with the Texas connection here. I missed out. I mean, I blew it. I didn't go to see them at the Woodlands, and I didn't go see them when they played in Dallas. But we get Pantera, and I'm so thankful that we do get Pantera back playing. That's, of course with Zach Wilde on guitar, so it's huge. Stacey, hang on for me. Chilie's got everything up on links and guests. He's got it for you on the social media sites. Obviously, I don't know what the hell they're gonna play. It's only one night. It's only one night, so they're gonna bring the hits. They're gonna bring the hits. Let's see what you guys are doing. We now have one, five and fifty eight votes on Throwback Thursday. That's my next thing that I'm going to focus in on. Well, I got a huge Academy Sports and Outdoor gift card coming up. But right now, forty one percent of you want Pearl jam Why go thirty nine percent of you nine inch nails? Head like a hole? The Colt fire Woman is out of it. Okay, they're out of it. Two horse race there is at this point, there is no channels. All the votes that are coming in are for Pearl jam in nine inch nails. That really is the horse race. We could see another two thousand vote day. If this thing's gonna go right down to the wire, right down to nine thirty. We absolutely need your votes. If you're gonna stick around and listen into it, be listening to us at nine thirty? Which song? Which song do you want to rock out to? Both of those? Both of those are absolute bangers man. Okay for twenty days. When I floated this by a academy, they said what they said they wanted to get involved with the twentieth anniversary, and I said, here's what I'd like to do twenty days celebrating twenty years of the Rod Ryan Show. I want to give way a two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card. I'm not in the room when that is presented.
Speaker 4: I just I kind of a big ask.
Speaker 1: It's a huge ask, and so I gave that to the account executive here, mister rob Logan. He had to go take that to him. He's like, Okay, here's what this dummy said. So he comes to me though. He goes, before I go into this meeting, what if they say a hundred? I said, no, I go, dim your damn heels in the ground. That's the promotion. Don't be a coward, he said, just in case, what if it's one hundred a day?
Speaker 4: I said, no, twenty case.
Speaker 1: He goes, what if they do ten days? I go, it's twenty years, it's twenty days, it's two hundred dollars. Get Academy said yes, we'll do it because they're awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a two.
Speaker 1: I got a two hundred dollars Academy Sports An Outdoors gift card for Color had Color twenty Sorry, Chilly, call her twenty.
Speaker 4: It's all the twos, two to two, ten, twenty years.
Speaker 1: Call her twenty seven, one, three, four, five.
Speaker 17: Houston Rock and Turn and The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome Back Rob Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Looking for Caller Number twenty twenty days, celebrating the twenty years of The Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Here on the.
Speaker 1: Buzz another two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoor gift card. Good morning, Hello, Hello, oh good morning. Oh my god, you pick me? MG. Who is this?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 1: Call her twenty Congratulations you got it? Oh my god, thank you. I've been calling all morning. Two hundred dollars gift card Academy Sports and Outdoors. Do you use it for yourself or you got other people in mind? I'm probably gonna.
Speaker 8: Get it for myself.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: Ok. I get it. You got to catch the baseball. You gotta give it to the little kid in the outfield. If you win a two hundred dollars gift card, go spend it on yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yourself yourself?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah right, Okay, Hey, congratulations Alicia. Where are you from?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: I'm from Okay. Very good. Great to have you on the show today. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Hang On Online.
Speaker 6: Kid's Alix Online ninety four five The Muzz.
Speaker 1: We moved this giveaway around all the time, and I was expecting more people to say, well, you know, I got to get my kid, you know, some new shorts or new it's like, no, everybody's using it on the on the for themselves over it. Yeah, you're right, Yeah, kids just got time.
Speaker 3: All right, we're parenting shopping.
Speaker 1: Man, what are you doing today?
Speaker 6: You're gonna be seeing how well you paid attention to Smokey Bear. You're going to be answering a bunch of fire and forest fire prevention questions.
Speaker 3: Did you did you listen to smoking?
Speaker 7: Of course?
Speaker 1: You know what like about what you said? You called him by his real name, Smoky Bear, Smokey bear bear, this smoky bear.
Speaker 6: There is no if you're like, that's smoky oh the bear, that's that that guy, smoke Smoky bear though, yeah, first and last name.
Speaker 1: Now the is winning the poohs middle name. The is his middle name, but smokey Bear.
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead, just let's test it out.
Speaker 6: Let's test out. To protect your home from wildfires? What is the minimum distance tree branches should hang above your house? Is it three feet, eight feet, eleven feet or fifteen feet.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go with eight.
Speaker 4: That's what I think.
Speaker 7: Eight.
Speaker 6: Well, you'd be wrong and your house would burn down. Damn eleven feet. Everybody knows. Everybody knows.
Speaker 1: I need to take this quiz.
Speaker 3: Yeah you do. Head on over there go see if you listen to smoking.
Speaker 6: If you didn't, maybe educate yourself today at the world famous Rid Ryan showpage the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 4: All right, prevent forest Fire?
Speaker 1: Is it going to be nine inch Nails? Is it going to be Pearl Jam? Nine inch nails? Forty two percent of the vote, Pearl Jam? Why go? Thirty nine percent of the vote. We are coming up on two thousand votes. Again, it is still a two horse race, and we will reveal after this crou Back First Punch show on the Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz some kind of new linkin park that's lost. Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on. I hope you've had fun on today's show. I'm not talking in terms of we're being done. We have another thirty minutes and we're leaving you with a huge prize. Five Finger Death Punch. Marilyn Manson. I had mentioned one of our great listeners that listens on the iHeartRadio app listener Tessa in Austin, gave me a pretty good review. They must have been there last night and she knows that I've never seen five finger but I was asking her about Marilyn Manson. I get a little worried about him. He can't afford to screw up right now. He's got to be at the top of his game. People are still a little you know, suss of you know, some of the things that have been said about his actions off the stage, and he's got to be he's got to be great because I've seen him before when he just completely stumped the place up. I've seen him wasted on stage before and not in a good way. And she said that he was amazing last night. She said the show, the set was great, and five Finger was awesome. So that's just one concert review from one of our great listeners. We have tickets in the pit for that show tonight, and we'll get you qualified and you'll be the last person Chili hopefully has all four names. It's just Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, today, four names in a hat. We say, hey, congratulations. One of those four winners is going to win an autographed guitar from Five Finger Death Punch Amazing, absolutely amazing. Ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy, height ninety six. So that's coming up. I know the show I'm going to give you the thirty seconds. It's nine twenty nine and thirty six seconds. I'm going to refresh it one final time right at nine thirty because it's come down to that. The voting for today's Throwback Thursday, Pearl Jam, nine inch Nails and the The Cult are out of it at this point. I really do not know if it's gonna be nine inch Nails or Pearl Jam three five four, three two one.
Speaker 5: Okay, refresher boom?
Speaker 7: Who is it?
Speaker 1: Fifteen percent of the vote. The Cult two three hundred and sixty votes might be a record forty one, forty two, Pearl Jam forty one, nine inch Nails forty two. There's your winning song? Is that what you wanted?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: This is a great song.
Speaker 1: It is a great song. I feel like all three songs were awesome today. Man, thanks for all the votes.
Speaker 21: Mom, it's so bad Thursday.
Speaker 1: Whatever the hell that is? Here's your Throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five The Bush.
Speaker 9: God's money Now anything you do.
Speaker 8: God money shots, Tell me what you want me to God's money.
Speaker 1: Tell me, I guess so want God money.
Speaker 2: Don't want as it?
Speaker 7: Say you want it all?
Speaker 2: No, you can't say no. You can't take care not know you can't take.
Speaker 1: No, can't take it. No, when you can't take your chance.
Speaker 16: Exam, bow down ball want.
Speaker 2: You, sir, I'm going to get on.
Speaker 8: This bow down the ball on, sir, no're going to get one.
Speaker 7: This sure.
Speaker 8: Money's not concerned about a second month of pure God money.
Speaker 1: Let's go Dasi on the backs of the cruise.
Speaker 9: The god of money is not one to juice.
Speaker 7: No, you can't take it.
Speaker 1: No, you can't take it now. You can't take so way for me. I can't take it now. You take it now, you can't take way me.
Speaker 2: Bout ball, sir, not going to get one?
Speaker 8: You desert the ball one, sir, God, get one, Newday, get.
Speaker 2: One, Get one. Falling Gap fall Going Gap, Gap Gap.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five, The Bus Morning ninety four five, The Buzz, twenty one Pilots and Stressed Out nine inch Nails. You're champion today, lots of votes, man, uh. Three great songs today, three great songs. I don't know. I told you that that Pearl Jam song is one of the five Pearl Jam songs that I really like, and I was kind of hoping that was going to Win. It was going back and forth, forth and back with nine inch Nails in Pearl Jam. I thought it was a three great song lineup. Today I was waiting for the proverbial numbers email club Numbers on Washington.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's one of those bands that is always associated with Numbers on Washington. The place holds, I mean packed in there like sardines. The place holds eight hundred people. Okay, ten thousand people have told me they've seen nine inch Nails at Numbers. Back in the day. Everyone saw them back in the day I did at Numbers. Probably the most famous visit for Trent Reznor in Numbers was in nineteen ninety five. I looked it up. It was November fourth at Numbers. They did a club tour. They had already been here on the downward Spiral. They played the Summit a year earlier with Marilyn Manson. That is one of my top five shows of all time as well. Not in the Summit, I saw them in Buffalo back then. I think the Jim Rose circus side show may have opened up, but you think about it, he had already played an arena. He came back a year later and played Numbers and that was the fourth time he played Numbers. The first time was back in nineteen ninety opened up for Jesus and Mary Chain. So he does have a history with it. And maybe still if I talk to every single person that was at every single nine inch nail show at Numbers, all four shows over the years, still too many of you told me that.
Speaker 2: You were there.
Speaker 4: Wait too, numbers aren't numbering the.
Speaker 1: Thing that I don't know what else is in Houston that is like that. But I can tell you that, and you know you want to hear this here. But that comeback game when the Houston Oilers were way ahead of the Buffalo Bills, that stadium emptied out. Okay, halftime, it was cold, people were going home, and Frank Reich, the architect, engineered the greatest at that point, the greatest comeback in NFL history against the Oilers. Everybody walks around Buffalo, all five hundred thousand people that lived there, everybody says they were at the game and they and they didn't leave.
Speaker 4: They remember that day. I think I was at the game that fateful day. Do you really think about it.
Speaker 9: I don't want to word.
Speaker 4: That makes sense. You know what you're on the East Coast.
Speaker 1: I lived in Buffalo at the time, and I think I was at Numbers November fourth, nineteen ninety five. Helmet opened up and I was there. Okay, so you're right, remember it clear as day? All right, Yeah you can't.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you've got to experience that.
Speaker 1: You could walk by and you could walk up to anybody in Buffalo that's oh yeah, I was at that game. Did you leave?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Why would never leave?
Speaker 4: That was iconic.
Speaker 1: I knew Frank Reich had it in him. Hey, we got to know the show. I've already said it several times. Why don't you tell everybody what they're playing for?
Speaker 4: Let's pit tickets to.
Speaker 5: See five Finger Death Punch and special guest Marilyn Manson. So it's tonight at Woodlands, and I think there are still a few tickets on sale at ticketmaster dot com. But if you know the show, we're we're gonna give you a chance to win a signed five for your Death Punch guitar.
Speaker 4: I think there are four people in that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chillie's got all the night. So we're gonna do a drawing O great tickets in the pit drawing for a guitar. Why would you go anywhere? We're gonna get to this right after the short break, Rock and Alternative Fair use to the Rod.
Speaker 7: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM. The Buzz.
Speaker 1: At Ryan Seacrest is just one of us. That's it, ninety four or five of the buzz. Welcome back, Rod Ryan's show man. Thank you for a memorable throwback Thursday fun show today with all the Metallica stuff, all the great tickets, and we're not done yet.
Speaker 14: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la La.
Speaker 1: Two Night five Finger Death Punch, Marilyn Manson. I got pit tickets and you'll be the fourth person qualified for the autographed guitar, which we will draw immediately. What's your question?
Speaker 4: What is rod going to be in trouble for as soon as the show ends.
Speaker 1: I mean there's a list of things.
Speaker 5: Well, if they can name the main thing, I will put them in the drawing and I'll give them the pit tickets to Awesome.
Speaker 1: I might just say it, Jeremy, I got the next hour. I don't want to leave.
Speaker 4: I'll do it, dude. No, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I can't get yelled at wile the MIC's on I just might go just I might just go full talk at ten Philipbuster seven one three, two two.
Speaker 12: Right Show celebrating twenty years ninety four buzz heyty four five The Buzz Offspring, gotta get away, We gotta.
Speaker 1: Get out of here. Thank you guys for joining us.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 1: I hope you had fun today on the show. I really did. I had a good time today. It's fun every day, but today just it's so busy. It went by so quick and really really fun. Announcing that Metallica show right out of the gate this morning. Look it outside ten percent chance of rain mostly Sonny hot today, Hie around ninety six is gonna feel like one hundred. He's now time for I know this show on ninety four five the Buzz all right, Chili predicted it yesterday or I predicted it. Chili said, yeah. He was going to put these pit tickets for the show tonight and the autographed guitar on no the show. That's where we are at. Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, hey man, what's your name?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey Teddy, Eddy? Hey, what's up, brother bro. I'm good to hear you, dude. It's great to hear you. You win you win and I will see you tonight. But you have to win first. Okay, you're the tenth caller, but this is no the show, so you got to get this right.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Tessa, Okay, all you have to do is tell me what Rod is going to be in trouble for as soon as the show is over.
Speaker 1: It's basically for playing at Static all day and giving out ticket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bad boy, You're a bad boy.
Speaker 1: RD Wizard said he didn't get that, nor can I find anything typed out that. I said that that's what I was doing today, But there was a verbal there was an absolute agreement. There was a verbal agreement what we were doing today on the show.
Speaker 4: He just sounds like your word versus his.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean any I know, Skinner. Is it going to be the middle ground there because he's the one that gave me the four tickets to give away. So Eddie, you're right, I'm in trouble with the principal. So I'll do it. I'll go take care of that. Would you take care of Eddie? Please? Sure?
Speaker 5: Okay, Eddie, I'm gonna give you pitt tickets to see Piping your Death Punch with Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 4: Tonight. You've got to be ready to go.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put you in this grand prize drawing.
Speaker 9: You're in it.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna draw right now for the sign five finger death punch guitar. Alex help me please because I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: We've had a winner Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and it says on the piece of paper, says guy on the phone, guy or girl on the phone, who's the winner?
Speaker 3: Ryan?
Speaker 5: Key?
Speaker 1: Ryan? I remember Ryan one. All right, Well, Eddie, listen, you got the pit tickets though, I'll see you tonight. Alrighty awesome guys, talk to you there. Thank you, Eddie. You're right, you said it too. There are tickets still available for the show. I doubt you can get it into the pit. I don't know. See what Eddie says? All right, double O seven. Sean Connery beat Tyler two questions. Tyler was fresh fish. I believe so. Sean Connery is going for one number four already. He's a former Hall of Famer. I believe he's been in there a couple of times. The Metallica every Hour. I stand by it. It was the right thing to do. Four parent tickets. Give it away to the biggest band that we have that we know. Yeah, that was the way to do it. That was the way to do it. You'll be able to hear me getting whipped in the office. I gotta bust out one of those paddles. Metallica Pantera Suicidal Tendency Saturday, June fourteenth, Energy Stadium tickets go on sale next Friday, September twenty seventh. Ticketmaster dot com is going to have your tickets. So we just kind of went nuts and gave away four pair today. You know why, because I'm bad company and I can't deny it. All right, great job had to be close to a record for the amount of votes we got for Throwback Thursday Today. Great words submit today. Chili one, I mean Chili one. I didn't mean that with a question mark. Instagram might have been the number one link. I don't know. I've been running around like an epe with his ass on fire. I didn't look at any links today. I hope you guys did, though. We put it. Chili put in a lot of work on them. Tomorrow's open Phones Friday, Free Beer Friday, Fanny Friday. We're gonna take care of all the Fridays Okay, Jeremy's got the NonStop nooner coming up. Pick tickets with him in the one o'clock hours. Still up for grabs in there is with you know, you get to choose rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets. Okay, I'm working on a couple of parties in the evening to give away tickets, and I'm hoping to lock those in today. I know I've been saying that for three days now. Golf tournament is sold out, but we need more sponsorships, and a couple of people emailed me about sponsorships the last couple of days. That's great news. Sorry, I know we've been so busy today, but you got a new past the gravy up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, brand new episode.
Speaker 6: We talked about Moo dang, the hippo's taken over the internet, Oh that little hippo, whether or not.
Speaker 3: Popcorn is cereal.
Speaker 6: We argued over why kids don't deserve all the foul balls just because they're kids, and baseball umpires and I have loud neighbors that fight all the time. We talked about that a little bit. So that's cool and you can check it out wherever you listen to podcasts. Or on the Rod Ryan Show page.
Speaker 5: They better not be fight well, are they?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tessa's out Houston Life today at one o'clock. And that's it all right, Big Jeremy Benson, he wants to get in here. That's it. We gotta go. I'll see you guys at five Finger tonight and we're on a twenty hour break. We'll do all that fun Friday stuff tomorrow on the show. Amas sad Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 10: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.