Speaker 1: This is the Baseline discussing the hot button topics of the n B A welcome everybody, your tune to the baseline Cali one shall discussing the hot button topics of the nb. A holiday edition of the Baseline might be the mobile edition of the baseline. As my man Shaw always you know, he has more of been the clandestine one recently, but even but sometimes you know what I'm saying, brothers of the brothers are together, may flock within the same state, you know what I mean. So it's kind of nice to be back in the old stomping grounds, you know, down here in the West Palm, my man Shaw rocking down there in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. And obviously you know, to our listeners listen, you know what I'm saying. We've known each other since what liqual youth is, right, so uh, it won't be it won't be too far off from us, you know, getting together. But man as always, Man, it's it's great, you know, being back down in the in the old yard. And you know, warm warm weather conditions certainly do not disappoint for us northernness.
Speaker 2: Yes, sure, yeah, Usually I'm the one who's traveling if you will and on location sometimes but you know, not that you don't travel. You do a good job of, you know, not having to podcast when you travel, because you go to destinations where the audio and podcasting stuff can even be done. But nevertheless, I'm very excited, you know.
Speaker 1: But you know, you know me though, I'm a guy for or something. If we have to make it happen.
Speaker 2: Right, No, no, no, I'm not. I'm not knocking to hustle. I'm not going to hustle. But you know how to plug out a little bit better than I do, and I'm I'm envious of that. At the same time, though, glad to have year in the interesting state, I want to say, the great state, the interesting state of Florida, now where our families are. While other things are going on, at least our families are still here to kind of keep us saying. So we'll be looking forward to catching up with you in person, you know, here in the in the coming day.
Speaker 1: Absolutely man. And as always, you know, we appreciate everybody who's been rock with the baseline from day one today none, it doesn't matter to you know what I'm saying, what level, degree and time frame it's been about rocking with us Man. As always, we love discussing the hot button topics of the NBA. We had a good little show on tap for our listeners right Obviously, the big talk of the conversation, a big talk in town is regarding the updated formatting suggested formatting for this year's NBA All Star Weekend. Will tap into that, and then we have one of our favorite segs, Man talk, is your abandoned ship love this one? Man? You know what I'm saying, gives me all those Buster vibes, those bustee's.
Speaker 2: All one time.
Speaker 3: Yea, be nice. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna reach out to buses representatives exactly making stuff going on.
Speaker 3: To Yeah, man, exactly. You know it would be awesome too.
Speaker 1: We can get like a legit drop, you know what I'm saying, Like a double double plate drop from Buster.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. That would be a featured segment. You know what I'm saying for sure exactly I'm gonna reach out to work on that. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: As always, be sure to get my man as sports NBA get at maya game. Faiz Lee The shows Twitter Hand an NBA basedline available on all the major platforms, so you know where to find us. You go to www dot the baseline NBA dot com to check out this and also all of the great episodes that we have archived. You know what I'm saying in the in the cave. You know what I'm saying in the catacombs of your listening pleasures. And as always, when you catch us on YouTube and you see the blue and white logo, that's the nineteen Media Group family. So be sure to go to www dot Ninetemediagroup dot com in order to check us and the great family of content creators that we have. It's part of the nineteen Media family. Man, everybody rocks out and grips, you know, great stuff to listen to. So we always encourage people to check out nineteen Media in order to really kind of tap in. And you know what I'm saying, edify your your mental state of everything discussed, whether it's music, entertainment, culture, sports, politics, what you name it, nineteen Media Group has got you. So check us out, man, check out the family. We always got something for your listening pleasure. So Sean, let's get right into the goods, right the big conversation that's been going around over the last few days in the NBA. Is this proposed new format of NBA All Star Weekend, specifically the NBA All Star Game, which they're saying is they're wanting to implement for this year's upcoming All Star Weekend. It's gonna be a four team tournament style format in which you'll have two semi final games being played up to forty points, with the winners advancing to final match up to the final match, which will be played up to twenty five points. And you know, this is you know, basically been announced, you know, through all major outlets, So you know, you go to ESPN, NBA dot com, where have you, and you'll you'll get more information in regards to this.
Speaker 3: And I really wanted to get your take.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of pushback, you know, from you know, the media pundits, you know, with regard cards to this tournament style that's being implemented, and I'm really just curious what your take is is, you know, as far as do you think that the NBA is going too far? You know, are they leaning too hard into this or you know, where where are we going with this?
Speaker 2: We'll stop me if you've heard this one before, you know, fans don't like NBA format, NBA tries to change format, fans still unhappy. I mean, it's it's just a vicious cycle, you know that. I think that we're in. We didn't really want to embrace the NBA Cup or the nc's Tournament as it was last year. Now the Emirates and an NBA Cup, and we got to get used to maybe some some changes in format. So if it goes away, people are going to be upset, like if they cancel it altogether. So I'm going to continue to applaud the league at least for trying things. And while I don't know that this is the best fit, well, it's nobody liked what happened last year, so well, a pickup style, you know, four team, eight eight guys per team situation work out in the Many tournament. I don't know. I just I don't know until it actually happens. It's clear I don't know anything about how the league works when it comes to, you know, in rule changes if you will, because I guess this isn't a rule change or a competition change. Since it's an unofficial game, it doesn't count for anything. So they can continue to tweak the format as the proverbally see fit. Even going back to the years when they made Dwayne Wayne and Drug and Whisky honorary members of All Star teams or whatever, like, it's always kind of like they do it what they want to base on. However, the year is I have no real issue with this as on its face, I'm more intrigued by if they're going to expand All Star Saturday Night to some degree, what they're going to do about the Dunk Contest of anything. But I'd love to see more stuff with like, you know, the Sabrina Sabrina Ionescu and and Steph Curry. You know, if you get Katelin Clark into that situation now the three point competition, getting the w NBA more involved in some of the All Star Saturday Night stuff that interests me Sunday I'm kind of lukewarm on, but I'm not going to poop poo it until I actually see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So a lot of the pushback has really been and I and and I get it. A lot of the pushback I think people have is they think that the NBA is just masking, you know what the elephant in the room is speaking to is that listen to all stars are just not competitive, right, Like they're just no, there's no incentive for them. And I think what really angers them is the fact that why do you need to be incentivized to do something that naturally has been always a part of the fabric of growing the game right. And So it's a really interesting situation, Shaw because I've you know how I feel about the Ncason Tournament, And it's not that I don't think that it's a quality idea, it's that it doesn't absolve a lot of what we keep saying the NBA falls privy to. Instead of what it used to do, which is take bold steps. It seems like it takes these side steps and doesn't go fully all in, and then they dance around with it, they mess around with it, and then they don't really they don't really articulate exactly what they're going for, what they're trying to achieve, what they're trying to accomplish, Like this could actually be something.
Speaker 3: That's great, no different than we have pickup ball.
Speaker 1: And I think a lot of people who come from the urban area, who come up from you know, some type of basketball background, would look at this and be like Yo, this.
Speaker 3: Is pretty dope.
Speaker 1: But again it'll fall short if the players don't buy in properly. They don't invest in it properly. So I think that, to me is the is the key overall. Say, listen, you can, you can toss out as many great ideas, but if the players don't put themselves into this with the intent of what it's supposed to do, it'll never come off clean.
Speaker 3: It'll never come off soundly.
Speaker 1: And again it'll be to to the you know, to the uh, to the to the fans' eyes, it's just you know, another marketing ploy scheme.
Speaker 3: You already got them there.
Speaker 1: But I think what will make them upset is knowing that these guys are not walking onto the court with the intent that they're trying to actually be the best of the best in an all star format like it used to do back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love what you're saying, and I think a common what I think is a misnomer is and I'm saying that that's what you're What you said was a misnomer, But most people don't think. Most people think things happen to the players. The players have say in this right. The Players Association is involved in how these things go. So if they if the majority of the players don't like it, then they need to take that up with the representatives from from their teams and the Players Association that are also you know arbitrates if you will, with the Board of Governors, if you will, tea you know, for the for the league and you know who whatever else is involved there they and yeah, the governor that ownership. So to me, it's just like, oh, you know when they all start, a product goes bad and like they are out there kind of like, you know, half ass in it, so to speak. It's just like, well, you know the league wanted this, well, the league includes the players, so you know they at this stage. You know what we're reading, you know, is that somebody like I'm not I'm not putting him, putting him out there, but Stephan is going to be the face of All Star WEEKND. It's going to be in Golden State, right, So I don't know that he is the one. He's not driving this per se. But the Players Association is alongside Adam Silver, you know, and and the governorship of the NBA. So this is something that you know they're going to buy into. We will have to see if it actually works out and actually comes to fruition. It may take a sharp left here and maybe they go back with their traditional format. But I applaud them for at least trying and not just kind of shoving the same thing that didn't work and was kind of you know, boring and disgusting to watch last year. But again, I if you remember, I wasn't really all that irritated because I was like, well, I don't really expect anything from most of our weekend anymore, right, And while that might be you know, taking an attitude of dissonance, so to speak, that's just kind of where I'm at with it. So hey, try something new, all right, I'll give it a shot. If not, then hey, I'll still strug my shoulders. I won't be overly disappointed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have a problem with them trying. You know what I'm saying, This is what you can clearly tell, is that it's the NBA that is trying. They're they're trying to appease and at the same time eight a heightened you know, vibrance, you know, to the idea of what All Star Weekend is supposed to mean. But again, you can lead a horse to water. Bro can't make them drink. This is on the players. The players have to be bought into this. And and I think this is one other thing. I'm just mentioned this before we move, you know, move on. A lot of this is coming from a place of now we're talking about what this generation values, what this generation prioritizes as far as what what matters to them in the in the sport of basketball, in sports entertainment. And I think this is there's a disconnect here because a lot of the anger is coming from the players who laid the foundation to give you this coute quote quote unquote open platform of being able to take the games in these different directions and ways and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: And yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Most fundamental thing that has to still come from this, and this is even when we you know, when we visited you know, All Star weekends numerous time.
Speaker 3: Shaw.
Speaker 1: It's great that you can get all of these big name companies out there, and we can use the word brand activation, but the ultimate brand that has brought this together is the NBA. And if the NBA doesn't, you know, oversee this in a manner. And I say that collectively, it's not just the board it's not the committee. It's the players too. It's everyone, the veterans, the former NBA players, the union, all of everyone has to be bought in when it comes to these type of events, even when we talk about the finals, and we talk about Summer League and all of it has to be bought in collectively.
Speaker 3: If you're expecting.
Speaker 1: People to buy into the brand, it should not be a fragmented thing like some of the time I like it, some of the time I'm not. And I think that's where a lot of this disconnect is coming from. So when you have these new idea ideas that can sound very innovative, that could sound very you know, creative, if you're not getting all of the buy in from everyone in. And I'm not saying scrap it. What I am saying is is that critical aspects of what is not being invested properly. To do it properly, you will have the kind of you know your word dissonance that takes place. You know, whether it's from the media side, whether it's from the fans side, whether it's from the player side, or whether it's from the NBA, you know, the NBA leadership or executive side. And that's where I think is where it becomes so disheartening is that it just feels like no matter what you do, Like my group Little Brother says, man can't win for losing, you know what I'm saying, Like, we just need to get back to a point where there was a joy in this level of competitiveness that comes out of us putting these type of things on. And until we get to that point, a lot of these ideas they sound great and like special ed to ten fifteen years ago, We're gonna wish it was here. It was at that time that we started appreciating it because it's never going to be available.
Speaker 3: To us, you know, down the road.
Speaker 2: Players got to not just be apathetic to the idea and just say, hey, it's it's a vacation to wherever it is or whatever. And some players at this point don't want to go. They'd rather actually go on vacation with their families. So we're getting the results of a lot of different things here. But maybe this will be the elixir to kind of get things back on track.
Speaker 1: As if they buy it, as you're losing absolutely your tune to the baseline. Cali Warrenshaw discussing the hot button topics of the NBA coming up. Man, we got favorite segment haha, talk ish and abandoned ship Man, we got we got some good teams to talk about whether or not day on that ish or it's time for them to It's time for us to abandon ship with these dudes. But first, are you craving NonStop hoop action? NBA League Pass is your ticket to the ultimate basketball experience. Enjoy live games, on demand replays, and exclusive behind the scenes content across a variety of devices. With NBA League Pass, you'll get more access to your favorite NBA content. Stay up with the NBA like the baseline does. Sign up now and typelink dot NBA dot com slash LP nineteen MG. NBA League Pass is running a flash sale from November to twenty seventh through December to third, twenty twenty four with the code b f C M two O two four l PC. That's b as in Bravo f as and Frank C isn't Charlie? Ems and Mary twenty twenty four Ellis and Larry PS and Paul C isn't Charlie. This limited time offerer is the perfect opportunity to attract fans eager to catch every thrilling moment of the NBA season, so be sure to take advantage of this awesome flash sale November twenty seventh through December to third. Remember the code b F C M two O two four l PC more baseline Cali Warrenshaw, Don't go anywhere. We're back Cali Warrenshaw basedline NBA podcast. Time for our story, our favorite joint. Man, I feel like you know what I'm saying, getting up, jumping in a mosh pit, talk ish or abandoned ship. Man, shout out to our man, bust the rhymes and Last Boy Scout his cousin, Last Boy Scout.
Speaker 3: That was one of my favorite songs. You know what I'm saying when the.
Speaker 1: Coming came out that I know everybody was on wuha, got you all in check and everything remains raw, which is another you know classic. But man, that beat on abandoned ship. I'm sorry, man, people just don't understand that type stuff right there?
Speaker 2: What and keep going and get the people going for sure?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, brother, Absolutely all right. So let's get right into it. So let's do a little talk ish or abandoned Ship. First on the docket, the Philadelphia seventy six Ers out apropos, my friend, they are first their lead off. We're still gonna talk that ish about the Philadelphia seventy six is or is it time to abandon ship?
Speaker 2: So I don't want to hedge, so I think the short answer is I'm going to abandon ship it. Everything smells and looks and feels bad about the Sixers vibes right now, three and thirteen as a recording here, you know, next to last, and what is a low the Eastern Conference. You know, unceremoniously you figure out out there's still time for them to climb themselves and at least obviously the play in situation. But that's what we thought would be the case with the Sixers. We thought this would be at least a top four team in the Eastern Conference. Right now, that seems very very far off. As we're recording and beat is out again, you know, swelling in the knee. Paul George's should be back maybe sometime next week. Jared McCain is proving to be the Sixers' best player this year, even with Tyres Maxi kind of in and out of the lineup. Nothing about the Bobs and Sixers makes me want to talk my ish. I'm abandoned ship on this joint real quick, and I just hope I'll wish for the best for them. I ain't gonna hate on them, but I can't take this ride anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you know me, I was already abandoning that ship when we had our conversation about Joel Embiid, And as far as I'm concerned, I just feel bad for Tyrese Maxi because he, to me, is really the only person on that roster right now.
Speaker 3: That is part of that.
Speaker 1: Transition that I think Philly fans are just hoping and praying that he isn't contaminated by what's taking place.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: We can sit here in point fingers on whether or not it's the leadership problem, it's an Embiid problem.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: All I know is is that you know, Nick Nurse, I'm sure came in with the best of intentions to say, Hey, you know, I think I can you know, turn this, I can fix this. I can I can kind of unlock you know what I'm saying, what's holding back to Philadelphia seventy six ers. And I even think he's even realized right now he would just like to just get a core group of guys that he doesn't feel like all have personal agendas and get him on the page of doing what he was doing, you know, when he was the head coach of the Toronto Raptors. So I'm just hoping that what we salvage now for the remainder of this season. One the upside potential that we see with Jared McLain, because that could really be an awesome combination of him and Tyresse Maxi, and I mean, you can certainly build from there. And then obviously Tyrese Maxi, like I understand, Tyrese Maxey's got a good relationship or you know, he says that he's you know, he has a great relationship with Joel Embiid, and you know they're obviously, you know, very upfront with each other, and all of that stuff that was going on with the you know, players only meeting and it leaking out, all that kind of stuff, I don't think mitigates. The bigger picture when we talk about the Sixers is the fact that this is supposed to be Joel Embiid's team, and this clearly is Tyrese Maxi's team, and Tyrese Maxy's motor, his effort. You know what I'm saying, That, to me, I think is what should drive the Philadelphia seventy six Ers forward. The moment that Joel Embiid really made things more of like, you know, this is like a play like types of situation, like you can never take him seriously. Like the moment that you started seeing those type of signs from him is when you just began to realize that what he does and how he goes about doing it just doesn't comport with some of those type of players that the Philadelphia seventy six Ers have had as great role players to him, have now ascended themselves to being core guys that you want on a quality team that really want to make a championship run. So again, all well and good, you know what I'm saying, I just think that if you're the Philadelphia seventy six ers, you need to let go of this idea that Joel and Beach and remain in the face of this franchise.
Speaker 3: You figure out a way.
Speaker 1: To see if you can move him and get some quality pieces. I think the train is left with him, and I think if you're the Philadelphia seventy six Ers, you do not want to hurt your ability to keep a Jared McLean or a Tyrese Maxy.
Speaker 3: You do what you need to do with this roster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'll just say they didn't expect to have to deal with both Paul George and and be being out most of the season. They knew and Beid obviously would miss time, but figure out HOLPG would be there part of the time. They've struck goal I think within, but just hasn't been good there too. I'll transition this one here now because it is Laker.
Speaker 3: Cow time, so please give me a break.
Speaker 2: Come Laker Cow back up in the joint here. As the Lakers are ten and six, fourth in the Western Conference, are you then you picked them to be fourth in the West? I'm in our prepredictions. Me and Grant picked them to be less than that. Let's just say talking ish or abandon the ship on your earlier prediction of the Lakers.
Speaker 1: No, listen up, I'm not gonna be you know, I'm not gonna Laker hate and I'm not gonna Laker col either, but I will talk ish for for the.
Speaker 3: Time being with them.
Speaker 1: Look, they're still a legitimate team and as long as they continue to win games that they should be winning, and you know, hang around, they'll be right in the thick of it, because if you really look at it, the Denver Nuggets certainly are not helping their own cause, right The Minnesota Timberwolves are going through its ebb and flows as well too, and really even the Dallas Mavericks, which you know, with Luka Dankic coming in and out of the lineup, and you know, there's been a rash of injuries that have been plaguing them. It looks like the win totals, you know, doesn't seem like there's gonna be too many teams that are gonna be exceeding like, you know, fifty eight games or something like that. Right, Like, just it's just a very competitive field. So the Lakers, listen, you stay above five hundred, you hang around, you might very well be in that four or five range, which is what I expect because when you got quality guys like Lebron and Anthony.
Speaker 3: Davis, you know you're gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Where I worry about is, you know, you get a hot start, like a guy like ruy haa Chamor and he still seems to be a lost cause, you know, that you don't need, like, you need a solid third person that the Lakers can truly rely on. Now, maybe they'll find that with Austin Reeves, maybe they'll find that with Dalton connect.
Speaker 3: Or collectively as a team they just become better.
Speaker 1: But I definitely think that they need a third person that they can rely on with some level of consistency to help out Lebron and help out Anthony Davis and and I think you know they'll be all right. You know, that's just the way I see it. How does that is that all out of love? Am I giving him? Am I give him good snuggles? No?
Speaker 2: It's an appropriate level of analysis, which I can always appreciate. So but in short, I'm going to say, you're talking ish that you feel like they can still be where they're at, And I'm going to talk my ish in opposition of where I originally predicted them. I still think this is a seven or eight seed team. I think they've been benefited from a nice hot start, good vibes, you know, especially switched with the home record and things of that nature. Tough times are coming. The Angela Russell situation seems to be not all that amazing, you know, no vibes there really to be honestly, I don't think ru Hochmur is quite as good as he's played. Things played a little bit above his ceiling connect his dope. Austin Reeves has more bounced to him than I thought he did. And this is the guy that I thought we saw we thought we'd see last year. So I think JJ Redk is doing an amazing job there. But you know, in short, I think that like our team is going to eventually kind of come back to earth a little bit and be more in aligned with what I predicted.
Speaker 1: So I'm talking my issue, okay, And I certainly can respect that. You know, Austin Reeves reminds me a lot like Kirk Heinrich, except Heinrich Captain Kirk.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, Captain Kirk when.
Speaker 1: And the way I'm saying it is is that I think Austin Reeves actually is is a is a more athletic.
Speaker 3: Player than Kirk Hinrich.
Speaker 1: But I think he I think he can be groomed, you know what I'm saying, to be a quality guard. And I think that's what they're really pushing for, because that's why you know, he's he's become more that primary ball carrier and can afford to you know, bench D'Angelo Russell.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: And look, that doesn't mean that he's gonna, you know, have crazy handles or anything like that. You just want a copy a guy who's able to shoot the rock. I mean, he's certainly a step clearly step above above like a guy like Josh Giddy.
Speaker 3: But Josh Giddy gives you those.
Speaker 1: Those numbers though, you know what I'm saying, Like he'll rebound, he'll you know, he doesn't have to score a ton of points, but he finds a way to score the basketball. I think, you know, maybe that's where JJ Reddick has That's where you want to see JJ Reddick's imprint on this team. Can't he coach up a guy like Austin Reeves at that guard position to get those type of quality buckets that you're asking for from your back court because he has no problems getting the scoring from the front court players. Right, Dalton connect slides down to the wing. He comes out as the two from time to time, but you know, he's got to get the ball. So if you've got a guy that Wustin Reeves eating up a lot of minutes, he's got to figure out a way to get that ball to those guys and at the same time be able to use out of lesicism for him to shure up what they can get out of their back court scoring wise, because right now I think maybe I'm off in my thinking. So here's here's hater cal right like coming in and trying to bring levity to this Laker love situation. Their backcourt is horrible as far as scoring goes, you know what I'm saying. They're not as like up there as where everybody thinks it is. And it's basically a revolving door in rotation of what they're getting from Vincent from Reeves. So even while they're winning, they're still not getting the quality that I think JJ Reddick would like to see from their back court, complementing what they're already getting from their front court.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, they're going to stand in the Nicks and always be trying to upgrade. That's what the Lake are them, and that he'd always be rooming around everything too. So let's go to a little surprise team here, the Brooklyn Nets.
Speaker 3: Uh so, I mean the Brooklyn Nets, not the Brooklyn Nets. The Brooklyn Nets.
Speaker 2: Well, they they are an interesting bunch right. We figured they would probably be where the Sixers are right now, like they should be toying around with the with the with the Wizards of the world. But here they are finding themselves just a couple of games below five hundred as we record signature win of the season on the road against the very hot Golden State Warriors. While I don't think Cam Thomas is camp Thomas has not been the twenty nine point per game guy. He's been twenty four. Had been injured here and there too. But Jordy Fernandez has done an amazing job with this team. Guys have been in that line of Plakson has been in an on lineup of getting some stuff out of Iron Williams. He's playing some center.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: This this next team has been interesting. So I'll go first. I am going to abandon ish on my prediction of them being this as bad as I thought they were. I don't think that they're going to be quite this good. But I don't know that they're going to be a team that wins in the teams. See, they're already halfway there to that right now. So I think there's a team that can muster maybe thirty three to thirty even thirty five wins because I didn't realize whaty Fernanze was this, you know, this much of a swan if you will to extrapolate this level of effort from this team. Ninth and offensive rating, yes, or twenty fifth in defensive rating. But they figured out something to you no matter who out there on the floor. So I'm going to abandon ship from my earlier prediction on Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm gonna abandon ship on my earlier prediction as well too. They're they're a good team. They're a solid team, and they're an annoying team. I listen, they annoy me with every like fiber in me. They annoy me, right, But I guess that's a good thing, right because here they sit and they've been at every Listen, man, they could have knocked off the Cleveland Cavaliers during you know, their undefeated stretch. They could have knocked off the Boston Celtics, right, So let's not act like, you know, just because those l's that they've taken are you know l's. It's just like, okay, well's the Brooklyn nest. No. They they fight and they compete, and so it's to your point. You know, props.
Speaker 3: To to to to.
Speaker 1: Jay Jay Fern, you know what I'm saying, because he's got that burning them and stuff like that. As a matter of fact, Shaw I would love to talk is about all of the new young coaches who have had an impact.
Speaker 3: Lee in Charlotte.
Speaker 1: You know, uh, Jay, like these guys, man, they're really doing a quality job.
Speaker 3: Look, even JB.
Speaker 1: Bickerstaff has got the Detroit Pistons back on one. Just when we thought, here we go again with the Pistons and the struggles and can't get out of their own way, can't learn how to win, can't look at them, they're you know, they're hanging around and they're becoming one of the most fiercely competitive teams. So listen, man, Props to all of these new head coaches coming in for some of these maligned organizations and teams and getting to kind of you know, out the box, hot hot, out the box, you know, just rampant, you know, just doing their thing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm loving it, and I think this is making a great, great, great talking point for the NBA season.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sir, I would definitely agree with that. Just continue to surprise. There's a lot of the young time out there, and this is why some of the retreads that we've been talking about for years are not getting those opportunities to go back in the head coaching chair. Some of them are going and being high level assistants. But I think, you know, it's great to see some of these younger guys getting a shot, although JB's obviously been doing this for a while. I'm gonna combine the last two here, cl and we talk about two teams in the Western Conference, so Golden State Warriors and the Houston Rockets. We had both of these teams right around the plane. I think you might have had the Rockets maybe a little bit lower than I did, and if I recall, you might have had them at ten. I think I had them at eight. But your thoughts on the Warriors Rockets, you know, are you going to abandon shit? Because we both had them like at least in playing territory, and they're both exceeding expectations soaring near the top and middle parts of the conference.
Speaker 1: Currently. I'm going to continue to talk is about the Warriors and the Rockets, about them as being quality teams that I don't think anybody wants to play against on the premise that the head coaches don't fm up. So listen, Steve Kerr was rolling with how he was utilizing his rotation and roster. As of recently, I've been seeing a little bit of you know, flaky, shaky you know, decision making. You know, it's like kind of old Steve Kerr kind of ways with him and his roster, you know, time to time.
Speaker 3: But he really does have a pretty solid roster.
Speaker 1: It would be great to see if he could figure out a way to kind of continue to blend that. And I think they're still going to be in the running. Houston Rockets are the team you just really have to watch out for because again you're just seeing the imprint of of Udoka and in how he coaches. You know, his teams and those guys are fighting, those guys are competitive, and any given night, they got guys that can come out and explode get your points. At first, we thought, you know, Seangoon is a cornerstone guide, and all of a sudden you see Green come out of the box. I mean, you know, listen, fan Fleet is just quietly having a pretty nice season. But he doesn't have to be the star guy, but he's the glue guy.
Speaker 3: Right, you can just.
Speaker 1: Tell man, I love what I'm seeing from both of these teams and continue to talk my issue about them. While they might be the teams that are going to hang around in that playing situation, the way that these teams are being, the way that they're formed, they're not a team that any one of those higher level or the higher seeded teams want to be thinking about messing with, because if they're on one, if they are hot coming into that playoff situation, at play in situation, I listen, I feel for whoever they got to play against.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree one thousand percent, especially on the Houston side, I would probably I'm going to continue to talk my issue thing. I think the words are going to come back to earth. I'm going to talk ish in the aspect of the think the Rockets are probably a good but it would almost be an abandoning ship of where I thought they were going to be. What I'm seeing from this Rockets team is you're alluding to Yudoka getting them to buy in the defensive effort. Second, right now, defensive rating often still yet to kind of come along. They still can't play all the guys they have, and they are right for a solidation trade. I think at some point, you know, to get some sort of influx of talent in here if there's so inclined. So I'm actually abandoning the ship because I think they are going to be better than where I had them before is eighth and maybe they can even get it above that playing line. I'm really buying what the Rockets are selling to me right now too, So that's that's that's I think this has been a fun and exciting segment. Man, more to definitely dive into. I think in a later episode, you know, especially, we can get busted back into this get it getting into this joint. You know, maybe we'll get his his takes and see if he will talk is sit or abandon ship some some predictions on the NBA.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, man, And I love the fact that we gotta you know what I'm saying, every time we talk about a player or a team and stuff like that, we gotta you gotta, we gotta inject like a huge hip hop reference. So you know, the nets got kill a cam, you know what I mean. So you know it's a you know, once we started, you know, name dropping kill a cam out there, Now we got to figure out a way to get camera on you know what I'm saying, and Mace onto this show too, so they love Listen. Man, we appreciate everybody popping on board with us this week and listen. We want to know from you as well too, And I posted out there like, what are your thoughts about this updated formatting of the NBA All Star Weekend? You know, are you feeling our talk issue abandoned ship predictions We've got.
Speaker 3: In the sixt's, Lakers and Nest Warriors and Rockets.
Speaker 1: You know, let us know where your thoughts are, what you're feeling for the baseline, Calie warren Shaw, we appreciate you guys, thanks for hopping on board with this this week.
Speaker 3: That we catch up with you next time.