Speaker 1: It's a nicety. Dan Ray Undelling Mazy Boston's News.
Speaker 2: Radio, Welcome back everyone. This is Dan Ray and Boston along with you. I have listened here on CBS News. I also watched it on a television set, and just as Larry Sabato talked about the nineteen sixty debate between Kennedy and Nixon, Larry Sabato from the University of Virginia said that that debate was won by Kennedy on how he looked. Uh, that is what I thought tonight. I want to get your response number six, one, seven, two, four to ten thirty, triple eight, nine, two, nine, ten thirty. I thought that the winners tonight were the candidates. I thought that the candidates had better answers than the moderators had questions. I thought that there were a number of subjects which were not touched. For example, there was no conversation, not a word about Ukraine. There was not a conversation about Russia and whether or not it's an expansionist country at this point. There was no or little comment about crime in US cities. If I'm someone who lives in a US city, I don't think there was any question that really touched on crime. There was a question on gun control, but not on crime. There was no question on the expansion of China, China's efforts to expand and extend its influence throughout Asia. There was no question about the long shoreman strike and the supply chain, the impact it might have on the supply chain. There was no question about the anti semitism, not only on college campuses but across this country. There was no question about college loans. There was no question about energy in the future of energy. There was question about climate change, but there was no question about something even as simple as airline delays. Think about last winter, the amount of airline delays that people dealt with in this country. The questions, Well, let me give you my verdict on the debate, and I'll be interested to see what you say. I think that JD. Vance was the winner of this debate tonight. As a matter of fact, I thought that both Vance not only did much better. The question I would have is why is he not at the top of the Republican ticket. That would be my question, And I'll tell you why I think Vance won the debate tonight. I think Vance won the debate tonight in large part because of how controlled he was. His answers were precise, much more precise than Governor wallts Waltz. I thought did very well. But I think that if I had to call a winner, I'm going to call it J. D. Vince Now Vance had more on the line tonight. According to an NBC recent NBC Heart Research and Associate's Public Opinion Strategies poll, Vance was hardly known by the American people. Has a positive rating in September before this debate of only thirty two percent. He had a negative rating. And again, the way we group this, it's either the people have given five choices, as we talked about this last night, very positive, somewhat positive, neutral, somewhat negative, very negative. So Vance is positive combined very positive and somewhat positive with thirty two was thirty two. His somewhat negative and very negative combined is forty five, so he was he's in effect at minus thirteen if you want to look at it that way. Tim Walls before tonight very positive or somewhat positive forty and somewhat negative and very negative three. So Tim Walls was a plus seven. I thought that that I thought that the this is why I think the debate is different by the result is different. Both candidates were on camera during the well virtually the entirety of the debate, except for when the moderators were posing their questions, so we can get to some of those as well. Vance looked controlled, responsive, engaged, and not often surprised. Walls looked oftentimes frazzled. He sometimes had the look of your crazy uncle at Thanksgiving. A couple of times on a side shot almost looked like Don Rickles. The appearance of these two men tonight, of course, there is a generational difference. One is sixty and one is just turned forty, and that played the Vance's at Vance's advantage. I want to commend both of them for the way that they handled themselves, and I also want to commend both of them for shaking hands at the end, and their wives came up and they exchanged pleasantries, and then they went and they talked with the moderators. The moderators tried, in my opinion, to be as fair as they could. But the only time, the only time that one of the candidates was really stopped would be when Viance was being stopped by Margaret Brennan. And I think that she showed she didn't give Vance an opportunity to She's talked over him, which was unnecessary. The only person who appeared rude, in my opinion, during the debate tonight was Margaret Brennan. So I've just got the one minute mark from now less than a minute from Rob. So now you know what, I think we can talk about the issues that were discussed, and it was a very high level debate. I got to be honest with you, I think either of them could be a presidential candidate.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty. Six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. Those are the phone numbers. Let's light him up. The six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. They are already packed. Six one, seven, nine three, one ten thirty. Those lines are available. Let's light him up. As I looked at the biographies of Tim Walls and JD. Vance, Uh, Tim Walls was born in nineteen sixty four, so he has just turned sixty.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: JD. Vance is born in nineteen eighty four. Uh in August, so he has just turned forty. Tim Walls in the nineteen nineties. I'm trying to figure this out here. Yeah, he would have been a school teacher, an elementary school teacher, UH in the nineteen nineties. And I think he said he taught in the fourth grade. He could have been teaching in the fourth grade. What defense would have been in the fourth grade. Obviously he was teaching in I guess either Nebraska or Minnesota, and Vance would have been going to school in Ohio or Kentucky. But it just twenty years makes quite a difference. So when I guess you're in the fourth grade, probably when you're ten, I guess. And Tim Walls could have been a fourth grade teacher when jad Vance was ten and Tim Walls then would have been about thirty. Seems like a big difference then. Anyway, I like to play with numbers. The subjects that were touched. You know, he started with Israel, which is fine. They talked about Hurricane Helene, which got the climate change. Immigration was touched. They talked about various economic plans, of leadership qualities, abortion, which Walsh had much the best of that argument, gun control, housing in rent, the childcare crisis, and the state of democracy. UH, subjects that I think most of us are very familiar with. But as I indicated, it was interesting the number of subjects that were not discussed, and including big subjects like Ukraine, which I thought that would have should have been discussed, I think, and uh, there were there were a lot of subjects China should have been discussed. Let's go to the phone. It's going to start off with Matt down in Florida. Let me see what what Matt thinks about tonight's debate. Now, what'd you think?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: I thought that was the best debate since Romney and Obama just too you know, intelligent people with a handle on reality. And they were both really amicable towards each other, if that's the right word, and they were just very I mean, that's that's America right there. That being said, I think jd. Vance whipped his button like all over the floor. Like it's not even close. But I thought Waltz overperformed from his from what people thought he was gonna do.
Speaker 2: Wat he handled himself fine. I certainly don't think it was a knockout. But I think if I was scoring it as a judge, I would have to give it very clearly to Vance. And I don't think that the the head on camera shots of each Uh when when Vance was speaking, you had Waltz looking over, sometimes seemingly confused. When Waltz was speaking, Vance looked quite at ease. I would you agree with that or no?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, totally.
Speaker 6: I mean obviously that's going to have an effect on voters, which it shouldn't, but I mean, yeah, I mean totally. I thought that was I thought that certain points Walls looked pretty uh like stunned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I felt that they split screen.
Speaker 5: And when you said he looked like Don Rickles, I just burst out laughing. It's hilarious. No, no, no, no, it's hilarious. It's just so funny. Look both of them. It was just a real good debate. I mean, none of them were outrageous on anything either one of them said. And I think Vance really did a great job kind of, you know, coming towards the middle, saying, listen, US Republicans are really off base on a lot of these things, but you know, this is how, this is how, this is.
Speaker 6: How we're going to kind of get to it, and this side they've just been awful at trying to on its effect on their effectiveness when they need to go.
Speaker 2: I thought Vance's weakest point was when I think walt asked him, you know who won the election in twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: And I actually missed that point part.
Speaker 2: That was that was the last question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they can't get over that.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 5: They just they can't get over that.
Speaker 7: They just can't.
Speaker 2: I think that I think that that there are answers that the advance could have appeared better. He could have said, look, there are some Republicans who dealt the result of the election, but the election is done. Joe Biden was took the oath of office. I mean, there's a there's a lot of ways to answer that, but it almost as if he was in fear of contradicting his running mate President Trump. So that's all right.
Speaker 5: And then just the last point i'd say is uh actually but uh second to last point, I'd make it just wow, pretty pathetic that Biden couldn't call on net Yahoo. That's a whole other topic, but that's uh, yeah, we'll hit we'll.
Speaker 2: Hit that tomorrow night. I was not aware that that Biden not called today.
Speaker 6: He never called him, He never went onto a video chat or anything. He just was kind of like, oh, yeah, that happened today, Like I mean, it's just a complete disgrace.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's that's the penultimate point, what's your all?
Speaker 6: A good point, and the ultimate point was, I mean this media, they just can't handle themselves. They kind of interrupt the guy and then I mean, it's just so transparent what they're doing. I mean, I mean, it's to watch.
Speaker 2: Brent Brennan played the role of David Muir in.
Speaker 5: My opinion, right Oh, it's it's a disgrace and everyone sees it and it only helps Trump in advance, honestly. But I mean there's a that's.
Speaker 6: Like, you know, like uh uh home home radio there.
Speaker 5: Just like it's just a disgrace. It's just a disgrace. But that's the things.
Speaker 2: Then, well they say the subjects that weren't touched were I think.
Speaker 6: Some state radio is what I meant to say, or like state television, like state run television.
Speaker 5: Right there, that's like a distress.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks, I appreciate Thanks, buddy, talk to you soon. Let's keep rolling here, going to go to Sander in Boston. Sandra, you're next on Nightsiger, right ahead. Dan.
Speaker 8: I had a couple of issues.
Speaker 9: One was.
Speaker 8: When they started talking about January sixth, Yes, within the last week, Representative Very louder Milk got a hold of some transcripts, yes, of what President Trump actually asked of General Mark Milly, and I don't see how we can continue to talk about January sixth without publicizing what those transcripts said, because it was very clear that President Trump three days before January sixth asked General Mark Milly to do whatever he had to do, soldiers, national Guard, whatever, make the event safe. Now that came out about a week and a half ago. Representative Very louder Milk got the transcripts.
Speaker 2: I read those transcripts and I agree with you, and I think that the Republicans need to circulate that. But again it gets back to your con not you. I'm not blaming you, but it's over. Joe Biden won the twenty twenty election. Joe Biden was inaugurated president on January twentieth, twenty twenty one. He's been president now for about forty five months. He's got about three or four months left in his term October November December, so he's he's been president for forty four months. To not blaming you, I think if the Republicans were smart, they would do an ad and highlight what those documents say. But they I think this member of Congress had to pry those from the January sixth committee.
Speaker 8: If I'm not mistaken, Yes, but I think there are consequences to the twentieth the election that we are dealing with right now, and we have a current Secretary of State who utilized the CIA to encourage fifty one INTEL operators to write a letter that definitely altered the perception of the voting public, and we are paying the consequences of that because we have a Secretary of State, Anthony Blencoln, who is directly benefited and was from that. But was he the right person for the job?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well again that gets into look, well, you're.
Speaker 8: Not supposed to use the CIA in a domestic Well, of course not, of course not.
Speaker 2: And there were others who were used with that that to and what the letter said was that the release they used, they used the words very carefully. It said, it has all the trademark, has all the trade marks of a Russian disinformation campaign, and that should.
Speaker 8: Not be involved in our domestic election period.
Speaker 2: I think there's any question about that, Sandra. So I'm assuming you were Were you pleased with Vance's performance tonight or no?
Speaker 8: I thought every I thought both of them did sign, and that they brought up interesting points. And I found this debate more tolerable than the last one.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, absolutely. I mean I thought that, and I thought the fact that they shook hands and they spoke at the end. I liked that, and and I hope the American public saw it. I never saw they did show when they when they first came on stage. I'm they just the first shot of them. They were both standing behind their podiums, unlike the ABC debate where it showed the vice president coming out, and she was the vice president was the one initiated the handshake with Donald Trump. She actually went over to him, uh and and had to kind of move to the back of his diais in order to get a handshake. Anyway, Sandra's always I appreciated very much. Thank you for taking the time to call all all interesting points, all interesting points. Thanks Andrew nine two good night, six seven two thirty one line there six one seven, nine ten thirty. If you listened to or watched the debate, tell me and tell my audience in thirty eight states and across America. What did what did you think? What stood out? I think you've heard my comments on it. I want to hear yours. Uh. If you think that one of the candidates just was outstanding, that's fine. Tell me why if you think that one of the candidates. I think that that they both did good jobs for their campaign. But I do think that Van one his his answers were very crisp. For the most part, they attempted to answer the questions. Walls got hung up on the Tianaman Square, which is a lot of inside baseball. By the way, I'll give you that. The only line open right now is six one. Love to hear from you. We'll be back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's keep rolling. You're gonna go to David in San Francisco. David next on Nightside, Go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, hey Dan, Yeah, I'm of course disappointed with Trump, but it's more along the lines that.
Speaker 5: You know, the.
Speaker 9: Climate change denial is getting Americans killed.
Speaker 2: David is to talk about who you think won the debate tonight. Would you like to comment on that?
Speaker 9: Who won it? All the people at wals of course, because he does believe that climate change is real and Vance does not. And so America's money met past billions of dollars have been wasted because of the cow towing to the polluters that have caused climate change and.
Speaker 5: The idea of that.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about the poes in China and Pakistan. I assume.
Speaker 9: We outsourced jobs to them, and now the pollution is over in their yard. But these are American or international corporations that are polluting over there. So that's a dirty, dirty answer.
Speaker 2: That's one question on the debate tonight. And for you, that was it pretty much. I guess right.
Speaker 9: Climate change is real, and the fact that we have two candidates, well, we'll.
Speaker 2: Talk about climate change some night. We want to talk about climate change. Left, have you called back? We could? We could spend a whole hour on climate change. We talk about that often. Actually, David, thanks very much for the call. Appreciated. Let me go to on dot and med for Dot next on Nightsig go ahead.
Speaker 10: Hi Dan. Of course, I watched the whole debate Sat Baron looked at everything, and I agree that Vance came out on top. I thought Wurtz was kind of jittery. He was almost like jittery and he looked like a deer in the headlights on a couple of times. But I think he was nervous. But they did, they agreed on certain things, and they shook hands. I mean, it was very very it was very nice to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. That was actually positive, and particularly after a lot of the name calling that's been going on. And we talked about that last night, and yeah, I thought elevated the conversation and discussion. Now I don't know, you know, I talked earlier about the viewpoints of the public towards Vance and towards Waltz, and Walls has received much better publicity. He seems Walls seems like one of these guys, good guys. But Walts did answer questions and and he engaged. There were a couple that he tried to slip and slide on, but they I thought they both did a credible job. And I thought that Vance was more relaxed, more responsive. He also had to deal with Margaret Brennan, who clearly decided that.
Speaker 10: She was a line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think again a line, you know, And and some of the questions that when you look at the balance of the questions they were again there was there was no question about what do you do about Russia? What do you do about? How about a question about Ukraine? What about question about.
Speaker 10: What about a question of sending our boys over to the mid to the Mid East? I mean our boys are over there, they could be getting killed, and then what's going to happen?
Speaker 2: Well, there was no question. There was no question about China. I mean the next big problem for US, I think down the line and Taiwan, which of course China has its eyes on. Right now, no question about the long shoreman strike could have been a weak right now, yes, or no question would would if you invoked tafteartly to make to stop this strike? I mean, this strike goes on for a few days or a couple of weeks, is going to be devastating.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, yeah, very very bad, very bad.
Speaker 2: And no question at all about the rise of anti Semitism in this country is not a word?
Speaker 10: Not a word?
Speaker 2: So how can you ignore all of those questions? Now? The question they asked, they were, fine, Okay, we're talking about Israel today. I get that you want to spend a little time on climate change. Fine, immigration, Okay, that's a legitimate, a legitimate question, right, And then, but then then you get into the economic plans. They spent a lot of time on that abortion. Was there any question in anyone's mind as to how Vance is going to answer the question on abortion? I mean, that's that's an important question. But but I think we pretty much know what a candidates stand on that, gun control, housing in rent. They have all important questions. The childcare crisis, that's an important question. It did right. No, But and then the state of democracy, Well, the state of democracy is nothing more than a softball to Vince. I want to know what's going on. What's their plan for China? How do we keep China?
Speaker 10: Oh, they weren't going to get into that. No, no, yeah.
Speaker 2: These and these are all serious questions. And I just and the other thing too, is what they needed to do is say, okay, look we want to ask you know, we want to ask twenty questions. We don't want to ask ten questions that are eminently predictable. We'd like to ask twenty questions because you could prepare each of them for the nine questions that were asked. You knew abortion was going to be asked, you knew immigration was going to be asked, You knew today Israel was going to be asked, and but blas well the question about which was the first question about should should the United States support an attack by Israel on Iran? That's up to Israel. That's up to Israel. And that played exactly into the Biden administration, which was telling Israel how to conduct its own war. And Waltz avoided the question. Advance right out of the box answered the question. I just think that it was it was not a great proof.
Speaker 10: It's going to be interesting to see what the papers say tomorrow about who won.
Speaker 2: It'll be very interesting. It'll be very interesting if there are polls tonight as to who won. Now, granted you have you know, most most people who were committed themocratic voters would say Waltz won, and most people who are Republicans are going to say Vance. But the question is where's that split? And I'll tell you I think the Vance helped himself tonight. I don't think that what Walt's Waltz hurt himself, but I think that Vance clearly was better. And when you well, I.
Speaker 10: Think Walts was Walts and what you expected. That's how he is. He's very jittery or jumpy or something I don't know what it is about you looked at.
Speaker 2: Them, you know. Again, I don't think the fact that the camera was trained on each of them while each was speaking. So while Vance is speaking, Walls looked nervous and sometimes a little bit fuddled, sometimes like what did he what did he mean by that? And I think that's just a Vance Vance.
Speaker 10: Vance never looked befuddled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, well, very.
Speaker 10: Clear and very you know, competent. Really well.
Speaker 2: Again that if that's what three years at Yale Law School will do, we'll do fine.
Speaker 10: I had that could be, that could be right where it was. It was very good and I agree with you about how it went.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, thanks Don, I appreciate thanks, appreciate your call very much. Let me try to get one more in here before the break. Thanks dot uh and again I got some open lines I want to hear from you. Let me go to Jay in Pennsylvania. Jay, going to get you in here quickly before we go to the news at the bottom of the ar Go ahead, Jay.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I want to say, fans ask the question and everybody where I live, and that's the many it is. She's been in office for three and a half years, four thousands of hot days and what has she done?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I think it's fourteen hundred days, not four thousand.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm sorry, fortunate problem for.
Speaker 2: Four thousand would be a little longer. But yeah, so I think that was the theme. They each had their themes. You're you're right about that. I think that they both effectively worked their themes into it. President Trump. When former President Trump had no theme to his UH, to his his debate with the vice president, he was all over the lot. I mean, whoever prepared Vance should have prepared Trump. And maybe it was the same people. I don't know. Yeah, what did you think? So, I assume you're your Trump supporter? Okay, how did you think wals did? I thought Walsted under the circumstances pretty well. It was really his first big night. You know, Dvance has been holding news conferences and taking questions from reporters for for for weeks now, and before that he had been in a tough UH Senate race in Ohio. I don't know, this was kind of new to Walston that I thought.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I have. Unfortunately I did not watch it. I'm driving, so I've been driving to West r Indiom trying to get back to stations and command come out and man come out. So but what I did hear of it? I think, Man, he didn't hesitate on anything.
Speaker 2: I mean, right on.
Speaker 11: Point quick response to the other one hesitated as a veteran, I'll never support that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I think that did you and I read it pretty pretty similarly. Uh. Jay, Always great to hear your voice. Keep calling and keep listening tonight'side. How was the reception in West Virginia? If I could ask in your car tonight?
Speaker 11: Oh, that part is very great.
Speaker 9: It's great.
Speaker 11: I just wish it was that great coming up and down the mountains listening to the debate.
Speaker 2: Thanks Jay, appreciate you call. Thank you much. Yes, sir, I have a great night. Keep calling that side. Okay, we're going to take a quick break. I got a couple of open lines. If you've been trying to get through six one seven or six one seven, one ten thirty. Want to hear from you if you watch the debate, if you listen to the debate on the radio, maybe have a different point of view if you listen to it. I think that TV helped vance tonight, just like it helped Jack Kennedy in nineteen sixty. I think that the age difference is only twenty years, but it looked a lot longer, a longer time than twenty years between Vance and Waltz. And again that's we should focus on content, but you've got to focus also on a little stylistically as well. But substantively, they both did very well. Although I give I give the decision to Vance, and if you disagree with me, you know, please, I'm looking, actually, I'm looking for some people who can tell me that that in their opinion. Walls, I'd love to hear your thought on it. Again, it's all subjective. There's no right or wrong. Feel free six one seven two thirty or six seven nine, three one ten thirty. Back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're on night Side with Dan Ray on w b Z, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: I know numbers on radio are tough to talk about, but as I said, in this NBC poll in September, JD. Vans had a positive, very positive or slash somewhat positive rating of merely thirty two. His somewhat negative, very negative rating was forty five. Tim Walls had a positive, somewhat very positive, somewhat positive of forty and his negative rating was thirty three, so Vance as of September twenty twenty four was thirteen thirteen points underwater. Uh Jim Walls seven points to the good. The same poll, they asked people about capitalism of socialism. Capitalism fifty one percent of the American public positive very positive, negative twenty five percent, somewhat negative, very negative, socialism positive eighteen percent, negative fifty five percent. That is a theme that the Republicans should start to talk about if they want to win this election. That's an amazing number. Tom and the Philippines, John, welcome. How are you sure it's it's morning time in the Philippines.
Speaker 12: I guess right, it's eleven thirty eight, it's almost lunchtime. Yeah. I listened to the debate. I didn't watch it, and you know, they both came off pretty good. I gotta be honest with you. Yeah, And you know I'm a Trump support. I'm a I'm supporter. But I don't know if it changed anybody's views in this election.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Vans had more to gain because his his positive rating accluding the NBC poll combined very positive, somewhat positive thirty two. I think a lot of people are going to look at him a lot more favorably than thirty two. That's all.
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you know the thing that bothers me with these debates. I don't like to use the term mainstream media anymore. I would prefer to call it mainstream propaganda. And I just look at the people that work for the major networks and they've all got a political bias, and for them not to be honest about that, that's the one thing that really upsets me.
Speaker 2: But it's an obvious political bias. Tom. If it was subtle, you'd say okay, but it's it's it's just out there. They don't know.
Speaker 12: And you know, it's funny because I went to high school with people that worked for the Associated Press as well as other prominent newspapers in New England, and it's just these people that I went to school with know them personally. They just viewed Donald Trump as as Idolph Hitler. And it's like, wait a minute, that is such hyperbole. And you might not like his points of view, you might not like the fact that he appointed judges to the Supreme Court that overturned Row versus Wade, but he never ever came out and said I want an absolute ban on abortion. And for me, you know, if this is nineteen eighty eight, I voted for dou Caucus. I was very liberal back then, and on the topic of abortion. Back then, I was pro choice, that it's a woman's right. Myself, I've evolved on that issue. I like what they do in Western Europe and I'm not against abortion, but there should be some reasonable restrictions on abortion. And I'm sorry, but when you get to the eight and a half months of pregnancy and the woman's life is the mother's life is not in jeopardy, the woman just decides to get rid of terminate this pregnancy eight and a half months, I'm sorry, that's a viable human being.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think that would have been allowed under Roll versus way as I read Row versus Way. Now again, it's more, it's very complicated because eight months where who is told that the that the child is going to be born dead?
Speaker 12: I mean, you know, it's a very complicated but good right, But but but man, what the point I'm making is that if there's no problem with with the pregnancy, and there's no problem, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Way, I don't think that they would that an abortion of of a fetus, a live fetus, a live child would be legal under Row versus Way. I read as I've read, and I understand Roe versus Way, Tom, and I think that I think that I think that the Republicans have accomplished what they wanted to do, which was get it back to the States. But yeah, there there is a and I thought Waltz made a good point tonight that if you're a woman who lives in a state, let us say, like Alabama or Mississippi, and you don't have a lot of support and you are pregnant and you want to get an abortion, you know relatively early on you're gonna have to travel quite a distance, of course.
Speaker 12: And just by the way. The one thing that with regards to Roe versus Wade, when I hear this that it's a constitutional right. Well, a Supreme Court in the past has been wrong on a lot of things, like the dread Scott decision. And the other thing is there there's nothing in the Constitution that says anything about medical care.
Speaker 2: All right, Again, I could tell you this, I know this issue pretty well. There was a case that preceded Me versus Way, rate Roe versus Way, which was Griswold versus Connecticut. It was it was an area dealing with birth control. Uh, and there was the the the decision was written talked about certain numbers and emanations. That was the phrase that laid the groundwork for privacy, which then became sort of the fundamental uh sub sub substructure or infrastructure of Roe versus Way. But I don't want to do I don't want to do a law class on I know, of course, the point you're making.
Speaker 12: All right, Dan, you take care of yourself and always always a pleasure to call into your program.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Tom, have a great day out there. Okay, let me keep rolling here, going to go to Karen in Lemonster. Karen, you were next on Nicside. Thanks for calling it.
Speaker 13: Yes, I just wanted to say that I think that I did listen to debate, and I think, uh, you know, they both did a good job. But I thought J. D. Lance won the debate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 13: Ms and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, like anything else, he was thinking quicker on his feet. I thought that his his his his line of thought was was more effective and linear almost and uh and he's he's he's got a pretty sharp mind. I mean, he kept the questions in mind, and he he made his points I thought, very effectively. But we'll see what the polls say tomorrow. We'll see what what CNN says. And of course I think if you hear CNN saying well as as CBS said tonight, I was listening to their wrap up, well, these these vice presidential debates have no impact.
Speaker 14: Well I think they do.
Speaker 13: I think they might because you know, you listen. I listened to others and I think they do.
Speaker 2: Yep. I would agree. And again, particularly UH, you if you elect the vice president who is a heartbeat away, that's you always have to keep that in mind and who is And.
Speaker 13: I think people have to remember another thing about Donald Trump, what she's done for these people during the hurricane and Georgia in North Carolina. I think he's helped people.
Speaker 2: Well, he was down there. He certainly had a presence, and I think that he beat both UH Vice President Harris and President Biden down there. I'm not sure that President Biden is in the physical condition.
Speaker 13: He probably isn't, Yeah, which is unfortunate.
Speaker 2: No one should take any joy in that because all of us will at different stages in our lives. Karen, thank you much. As always. You got to call more frequently, Okay, miss talk a lot.
Speaker 13: Well, I'll try to call. I just want to say not. The thing I liked it about the debate was very civil compared to this.
Speaker 2: It was very civil. There were moments of agreement. I liked the fact that they shook hands at the end. There were a lot of positives, and they even went up and shook hands with the moderators, and they brought their wives up to introduce them to each other. I thought, I thought it was a class act tonight. I didn't appreciate some of the questions that were ignored. As I said, I would have liked to have heard thoughts about China, particularly they stayed away from China because Tim Walls apparently has had thirty trips to China. Thirty. Yeah, and the idea is that, look, as a governor, you can have trips. Our governor does trips to different places, Italy, Ireland, et cetera. Thirty is a lot of trips and years he became fascinated with China and maybe he saw that as a trip. Nothing about the anti semitism on college campuses, nothing about crime in US cities, nothing about Ukraine. It wasn't one question about Ukraine.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's I miss that.
Speaker 2: People listened to the questions that I think should be asked, and I think that they devoted probably too much time to some They went back to the whole question about democracy. Who's opposed to democracy? I'm not opposed to it. You're not opposed to me.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: All that was was It was an opportunity. It's the final question for to bring up January sixth again. That was all it was. Itself is a bias question. Whatever. Everybody knows what happened. Everybody has made their decision, their mind up on it anyway. Whatever, Thanks Karret, appreciate the call. Okay, I'm going to get one more in here real quickly. And I got four. I'm going to get one now real quickly. Let me go quickly, Matt and Brighton. Matt, do me a favor here and give me a quick answer, will you who won? What did you think?
Speaker 7: I think JD won?
Speaker 3: Evance? You know, I think, like you said, I don't think think both them doubled down and said things that were very hypocritical, you know, while also saying stuff about that's defend Israel and you know, let their proxies grow. But that's also support Gaza. You know, he didn't want it. He did not answer about Iran. He danced around that and JB danced around abortion. So uh so, you know, look, stand I want to do maybe real quick. JD won in my opinion, but they need to stand to their principles. And I don't think either one of them being at some point contradict themselves. And I think that's you know, that's a big harm. But shame and Tim Wallas for not you know, defending Israel war and he gave to Palestine you know before.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Walk the fence there and you know on the day that that over two hundred ballistic missiles were fired by Iran at Israel, if they was every day, yeah, right, obviously, yes, I'm aware with that as well. Yeah, happy Russia, Shana, my friend.
Speaker 3: We'll talk.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciated all right, quick, quick time out for a couple of messages. We've gott Dustin and Michigan's coming up. I got Chris and the Cape. I'm gonna try to get everybody, and I promise we're back right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray line from the Window World Light Side Studios on w b.
Speaker 3: Z News Radio.
Speaker 2: I think MSNBC is saying one was smooth the other one. Well that that's all you need to know. If if that's the best they can come up with, and I think we're right Dustin and Michigan, Dustin, I'm gonna get you and at least four others in here real quickly. Who won? Who lost? Dustin?
Speaker 5: What do you think I'm gonna say? They probably both won?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: The problem is, though, I think one man showed that he had the honor to uh all the truth when it came to his decision on comments he made about the ex president and how he evolved with the way the president ran. I'm talking about Trump and the way he ran his administration. So when they tried to get advance to go against what Waltz did with his lies about the military and about you know, being in China or wherever, that was square. Yeah, And that was an out. That was an actual lie.
Speaker 2: And he really was a lot ob.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was. It was really it was almost like that nightly news guy that said he watched bodies floating down the.
Speaker 2: New Orleans New Orleans. Yeah, Low imagination.
Speaker 5: I just want to hit on a couple other things. I know you want to just hear about who won, who lost.
Speaker 2: To do, Dustin, I hate to do this year. I got four folks behind you. I'm trying to get everybody in here, so can you yeah, real quick, real quick.
Speaker 5: I'm the abortion thing.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 5: I'm a male. I believe all women should be able to vote on that only. I think all men should be out of it. That way, men don't have to worry about skating back and forth like these two guys did. They don't have to say to the church. They don't have to. They just let the women do what.
Speaker 2: They gotta do.
Speaker 5: And I know what they can tell.
Speaker 2: Dustin. It's your first time calling my show. I believe it is.
Speaker 5: Correct, yesday.
Speaker 2: Listen at.
Speaker 5: No first time because I was I'm in my I'm on the road, and I wanted to hear it on the radio.
Speaker 7: So that good show you give me.
Speaker 2: Ronald Clause, come on back, run every night Monday through Friday, Monday night, WBZ lock ten thirty on your AM dial in in the car. Thanks Dustin, I got John.
Speaker 5: iHeart man.
Speaker 2: Okay, WBC Boston, you got it. Thanks Dustin, appreciate it. Have a great one. Okay, Now I'm gonna crunch everybody here, Chris and the cave. Chris Veteran call it. What can you do for me? Chris?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Hi, Dan. I would say JD. Vance was poised, focused, uncharacteristically conciliatory, could have been stronger on a lot of points, but was far more worldly than Waltz. I think Waltz presented himself as an honest, trusting homeroom teacher, which he came from, but altogether too parochial and always sort of going back to home base Minnesota, Minnesota, Minnesota. That's one state among fifty, and one state in a world in turmoil that I just don't think he's secure with. But I don't have a favored candidate.
Speaker 2: But that's my that's my opinions changed from did you have an opinion of Vance before tonight or no?
Speaker 7: Yeah. I thought he was not particularly conciliatory. I thought he wasn't neutering basically all the negatives of his presidential partner. But I think he presented pretty well in conciliatory, which I thought was uncharacteristic. So I think that fifty to fifty I'd give him, you know, a fifty one.
Speaker 2: I got to keep rolling. Here, my friend with balks whom thanks Chris Edin Beverly. I'm going to give three people about twenty seconds. Go ahead, Ed, what do you want? What do you want to say? Twenty seconds?
Speaker 4: I would say my opinion of both of them went up tonight. Okay, I think they both. I think they both did a good job. If I could, I would vote for the for the Vance Walls ticket over shown parents.
Speaker 2: I think you know what, I think a lot of people might feel that way right now, including myself. To be honest with you, I love that comment.
Speaker 5: I think the senior supporters did a horrible job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you on that one too, Ed, you and I are right in the money. We'll talk soon. Okay, thanks, thanks, thank you much, Richie. And know what, Richie, you got to be quick for me. Okay, really quick? Go ahead?
Speaker 14: All right, Danny, how you doing it? Advance messed up on two big things. Say I ran deal, but say we thought they were doing something wrong. We couldn't just go in there. We had to let them know we thought something was wrong. Then we had to give them twenty one days before we could go in terrible deal to border deal. We had to let forty five hundred people per day come in.
Speaker 2: All right, So who wanted the debate? Rich? Real quickly? In your opinion?
Speaker 9: I guess the Vance guy.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm a Trump guy, and okay, I gotta get.
Speaker 2: One more in Rich. I hate to do it to you, but I got a call earlier. Okay, last of the night, Stu. You got about ten seconds.
Speaker 4: Go for it, Kay said, we got to put an end to war, or war will put an end to us.
Speaker 2: Okay, we wanted a debate.
Speaker 5: Guys who wanted the debate?
Speaker 11: I would say the guy that told the truth, and that was Advance.
Speaker 2: All right, sir, I gotta run. Thank you much. Call early. We give you more time, Rob Brooks, great job, great job to Marita today. Thank you so much. We begin year eighteen tonight on Nightside. My name's Dan Rayo Dodgs. All cats off, pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Rayes, who passed fourteen months ago, that's where are your pets are who passed? They loved you and you love them. You'll see them again. See again tomorre night on Nightside. I'll be on Facebook nights Side with Dan Ray in about two minutes.