Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Gary and Shannon k i AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Feels like day popcorn.
Speaker 2: Here at the end of the week of the Democratic National Convention, and listen, we're not even the ones who were partying like these Democrats were. I mean, there were people up late into the night last night.
Speaker 1: I was an adult all week long. I'd like to point that out mostly.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's not be too serious. You were constantly saying you were going to climb the Michael Jordan statue.
Speaker 1: I did, but did not.
Speaker 3: I didn't r you didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, we had a chance to.
Speaker 2: We ran into literally ran into former Mayor Antonio Vira Gosa and had an opportunity to talk to him about a bunch of stuff. Now, stay tuned to KFI. Of course, we're going to be talking much more about the RFK Junior announcement. Former President Trump has a big rally that's planned later tonight, so all of that is still to come. But here's a peek into the world that is Antonio Virigosa.
Speaker 1: You know we miss you. I think I like a lot of Democrats miss George w I think a lot of people miss you as mayor of Los Angeles after Garcetti and now Karen Karen Bass ditched us. By the way, I may have run a foul for I complimented her dress from the Olympics, and that was my lead in. And now she won't talk to us. You always shocked to us. Yes, I am so what launched? Like what started this whole thing? To get back into it?
Speaker 4: You know when you well, first of all, thank you for having me on.
Speaker 5: I was walking out and we bumped into each other and said, oh, we had to.
Speaker 4: Do this interview.
Speaker 5: Look, a few years ago, I was on the ConA Nolan Show, and I think I surprised everybody when I said I was born and raised here. I've never seen this city so dirty, homeless grow so fast, crime out of control. It feels like Rome is burning and the city's adrift. I felt like there was no leadership. And that was a few years ago. And then I was asked to be Governor Newswrom's infrastructure advisor, and I went up and down the state from the Oregon to the Mexican border, and people said you need to come back.
Speaker 4: They said, we're looking for a problem solver.
Speaker 5: You know, I'll tell you something what I've liked about this convention. There's too much screaming on both sides. I'm a Democrat, and you know, unabashedly so, but I'm not a screamer.
Speaker 4: I like working with people. I like, you know, I know that people have other.
Speaker 5: Views, that they're not made in my image, and that when you work together, you get things done.
Speaker 4: And that's why when I.
Speaker 5: Was Speaker, I got two budgets on time when we didn't have a super majority. I had forty two votes members one year, forty eight another.
Speaker 4: I had to work with Republicans.
Speaker 5: We got two budgets on time with the surplus and invested more money and education that we had previously. I did the same thing as mayor. You know, I took on my friends from time to time. Not because I was looking for a fight with my friends, but because I understood, you know, in these jobs, you got to make the tough calls. Sixty percent increase in the graduation rate, forty eight percent drop in violent crime, number one American city, and reducing carbon emissions number.
Speaker 4: Five in the world. So I think people are looking for people that don't just talk.
Speaker 5: And you know, I like to talk to we all do, especially if you're a politician, but they want to do they want to roll up their sleeves. I was joking with one of my assistants. I said, you know, I'm an eighteen hour day guy. Get up before you and go to sleep after you. And that's what these jobs are all about.
Speaker 1: It's weird hearing somebody talk about policy and numbers here at this movie that.
Speaker 3: Have not yet used the word joy.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard joyful warrior or anything. But I mean this convention seemed short on facts and figures and.
Speaker 3: Policy and big party.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, so this is this is refreshing. What is your what has been your takeaway here? You agree with us, don't you?
Speaker 3: It's okay to say that's all right.
Speaker 4: I like the joy part. I like that.
Speaker 5: I like what the admonition from Bill Clinton, uh and Oprah that those people are neighbors, and I think we forget that. You know, how many of us go to a Thanksgiving dinner and have family members that have diametrically different views in you and you love them. They're good people. They just don't agree with you. And I think if we approach that so that part of it, I like, I agree that, you know, we need to define Kamala Harris before the other side does. And that's why they focused on a lot of that because they know in a couple of days, you know, somebody else is.
Speaker 4: Going to define her.
Speaker 5: But you know, look, in the course of this campaign, you're going to see more press conferences because you got to have them, and more detail to the program.
Speaker 4: But remember she's part of the Biden Harris team.
Speaker 5: We know what their politics were all about, we know what their policies are all about.
Speaker 4: So it's not.
Speaker 5: As if we don't know what Democrats have for because we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk specifically about California and the legislature.
Speaker 3: You mentioned super majority. If you were to.
Speaker 2: Become governor, is super majority with your party in power? Is that the most optimal way for you to run a state of California or would you rather see and without campaigning for Republicans obviously because that's not going to happen from you, but would you rather see a more evenly split legislature so that work can be done with a little bit more bipartisan work.
Speaker 5: I actually would like to campaign for Republicans. I want every vote, not just a Democratic vote. But I recogniz I'm not pollyannish. I recognize that we've gotten.
Speaker 4: So partisan, so polarized. People see a D or an R in front of your name and they just say, no. What I like, you know, a more even legislature.
Speaker 5: If there was more consonants in terms of our policies.
Speaker 4: Sure, right now there's not. I want to bring people to a results or in the politic.
Speaker 5: You know, people love to talk about fifth largest economy in the world. How about highest effective poverty rate in America? You know, how about too many people you know work in every single day and don't make enough to pay rent. You know, it used to be that buying a house was part of the American dream. Now renting an apartment with three roommates. Talk to my kids and everybody else.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, I do. I will try to work.
Speaker 5: With the other side. I don't think there's a problem with it. I'm proud of that. When they asked me to be infrastructure advisor, the first thing I did. Met with the speaker, met with the pro tem, met with the two Republican leaders, They were so surprised that I sat down on them and I said, infrastructures are not partisan.
Speaker 4: Man, Let's put.
Speaker 5: People to work, you know, Let's build rebuild our roads and our highways and our bridges.
Speaker 4: So I think you're going to see somebody's going to reach out.
Speaker 5: I think at first, you know, there's not going to be a lot of folks running to my candidacy. But I think over time, what people see I'm a nier. I want to work with everybody.
Speaker 1: In California is Cesspool. Okay, we're both from San Francisco area. That was a shining city on that I mean, it was a wonderful place. It was one of the best today. It was a tourist destination. I don't go there anymore. I don't want to go there. It's very I got married there, Like, I love that city, but I don't want to go there anymore because it's it's scary. Frankly, like the crazy people, the people on the fentanyl, the open drug markets. I mean, I'm not being super conservative. I'm saying what I see with my own eyes. You know. Gavin Newsom comes to Los Angeles a few weeks ago when he starts tearing down an encampment, and he's like, if you're not paying attention, It's like, what are you talking about. We're paying attention, we're living in it. You're not living in it. So what's your plan to clean up the cesspool that has become California?
Speaker 5: You know, one side talks constantly about we can't criminalize homelessness, and I agree we can't, but we can't.
Speaker 4: Have the chaos we have today too. Look, I've said, as an.
Speaker 5: Example, you can't put a tent and an encampment in front of a school because I know what neighborhoods are going to go to them. I know what neighborhoods are going to go. So they're not going to go to the affluent and they're going to go.
Speaker 4: To the poor neighborhoods.
Speaker 5: Those kids are going to have to walk in the street while somebody is urinating, defecating, or taking drugs. Yes, I want to build more housing because we know building housing with wraparound services for the chronically homeless is one of the solutions.
Speaker 4: More drug rehabilitation programs.
Speaker 5: But you can't not refuse to go to rehabilitation, stay on the street and say that there aren't going to be consequences for it. So I'm not a criminalization person, but I'm not for the chaos that you talked about either.
Speaker 4: That's why I said a few years ago.
Speaker 5: And let's be clear, I think Karen Bass has done a really different job.
Speaker 4: With respect to homeless than her predecessor.
Speaker 5: Let's just be honest and so, but at the end of the day, I think we need to cut red tape and permitting build more housing. You know, I never was afraid to go to a town hall where everybody would scream at me.
Speaker 4: And sometimes, you know, you think.
Speaker 5: At first you'd say, Wow, they don't like me, and then when soon it's over, they're taking pictures with you.
Speaker 4: And self and will you sign my hat?
Speaker 1: Isn't it weird?
Speaker 4: You know? So it's like it's a noise man.
Speaker 5: And what I noticed after all these years that I've been involved, is like, do the right thing. It's not always going to be popular. People be upset. But I'll tell you what you just said. San Francisco is a great city. Let's make it beautiful again. La is a great city. Let's make it beautiful again.
Speaker 1: What do you think about George Gascon?
Speaker 4: You know, look, I'll be real clear, because it's bad.
Speaker 1: LA is bad right now. Ellie County is lawlessness, I mean no law and order. It's horrible. And like you said, the homeless people are not going to go to the affluent neighborhoods. Guess what the criminals are going to wreak havoc on the most vulnerable citizens in Los Angeles. And that's what's happening under his reign.
Speaker 5: I think we have a lot of things going. I think it's a district attorney. I also think that it's that we're going to have to beef up some of our laws.
Speaker 4: You know Prop forty seven I voted for.
Speaker 5: It wasn't perfect. We can't be afraid when something's not working to fix it. I'm not for thirty six.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 5: You don't make change, in my opinion, with a sledgehammer. You make it with, you know, surgically. So there are things we need to do, you know, whether it's smash and grab, whether it's people that walk around, rob you once, get out and then rob you again.
Speaker 4: No, that is unacceptable.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Look, I was doing criminal justice.
Speaker 5: Reform in the nineteen eighties and nineties when I was President of the ACLU.
Speaker 4: I believe in that we were.
Speaker 5: Incarcerating more people than anybody in the world per capita.
Speaker 4: But some people.
Speaker 5: Belong there, and particularly people who are violent, you know, poor sexual predators.
Speaker 4: There are people that belong in jail.
Speaker 5: And this notion that, oh, you know, those people can be redeemed, Yes, some of them can, but yes they're going to jail first. And let me just say something else about that forty eight percent drop in violent crime. We went from one of the most dangerous big cities, more dangerous in Chicago, to one of the safest.
Speaker 4: How did we do it? More cops, putting.
Speaker 5: A thousand cops on the street or close to a thousand, but also taking guns off the street. Prevention and intervention programs I expanded dramatically, after school programs, summer youth jobs, summer.
Speaker 4: Night lights, which you've gone to it. So you got to do all of the above.
Speaker 5: I want to do all of the above, not just talk tough, be smart on crime. But let's be clear about one thing. You got to be accountable for your actions. And so that's what I think.
Speaker 2: Describe the relationship between the mayor of a big city like you were and the governor whoever it is at the time, because you're going to be you want to be on the other side of that. You want to be the governor who helps out these you know, big city mayors. What is that relationship? Like, how do you work with somebody in that capacity.
Speaker 4: Well, you're a supplicant.
Speaker 5: You know, you got to go to the governor and the legislature for resources, for.
Speaker 4: Money, for changing laws, for making laws.
Speaker 5: So you know, trying to be nice, right, trying to work with them, but you're also an advocate. If you remember, we cut redevelopment in the middle of the worst recession since the nineteen twenties, and I had to take on the governor and he was the governor of my own party when I was speaker. From time to time I took on Pete Wilson, but I also worked with him.
Speaker 4: We did healthy families together.
Speaker 5: We did the largest school bond in US history together, nine billion dollar bond we did. We did a lot of things together, and so you know, you mostly try to work on them because you are a supplicant. You're going to them, but sometimes you got to stand up for what you got to stand up for.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you cut your hair it was getting a little wild there I was.
Speaker 3: There was a great picture that we saw yesterday. We were talking about trying to find you here at the convention. It's a picture from a few years ago. Your hairs a little bit longer. What's collars? You got like pokahs or something.
Speaker 1: It's like a burning man. What are we doing here, folks?
Speaker 5: People tell me, sir, you know this jacket with a T shirt, jeans and sneakers.
Speaker 3: Ain't got it.
Speaker 4: You can't do it to have a time, I don't have to have a tie anyway. I want to be a regular guy. And they said, please put on a suit.
Speaker 2: Mayor and TONI were so also running for governor. Twenty twenty six is the election. Thanks for stopping by, Thanks for making time for.
Speaker 3: Us, man, Thank you appreciate it. Thank you to see you.
Speaker 1: Fun Gary and Shannon. Our final day in Chicago. And I've got to tell you, I'm looking forward to Monday. Since we've committed to a politics free show, We're going to be bringing you murder and mayhem and gay penguins.
Speaker 2: Everything, everything that has nothing to do with politics.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about butter some more. I want to talk about breads and butters and and apples.
Speaker 2: We could we could still go through and review some of our culinary choices in Chicago, couldn't we?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean I'm thinking like an hour on the sausages and the steaks and the pizza, and then we got to break up the pizza from deep dish to thin crust.
Speaker 2: I mean, I do have a whole list of things that we have said that I've been keeping track of.
Speaker 1: We cannot say the list on the air. Probably much of it you did.
Speaker 3: You did refer to me. I forgot to mention this of yesterday. You referred to me as your dad at.
Speaker 2: The Cubs game. When we're at Wrigley Field. Oscar was gonna buy me a beer, and you said, Dad's an alcoholic, he doesn't need any more beer.
Speaker 1: I was doing a bit for the concessions guy, uh huh, because because I like to make fun of the fact that you're older than me, I've took it a little bit further this time.
Speaker 3: It was pretty fun.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: The other thing I forgot to mention about the Cubs game is you mentioned that we were sitting behind the Detroit Tigers dugout. There's a kid who got up there he's just called up for the Tigers. He's only had I think before the game, he'd only had about six or seven at hit his first major league home run into a basket. That was the second home run that we saw in that inning. And his high school teammate was sitting right in front of us, and he got up and he lost his ever loving mind when he saw his buddy hit that home run.
Speaker 1: So those people were so nice, weren't they?
Speaker 3: Very cool moment? It was very very cool. Yeah, until you got the security guard fired. But again, you know, maybe sin he.
Speaker 1: Has a name, it's Jason. I felt bad about that, did you? Well, what happened if you missed the story? There was a security guard that would stand between the seats and the dugout. The visitor dugout was just three rows ahead of us, and I asked Jason, the security guard, Hey, what would happen if I jumped on this dugout and started dancing around? And he says, well, you'd get tackled. And I said, well, would I go to the stadium jail or would I go to real Chicago jail? And he said, you go to real jail. I said, all right, Well I don't want to futs with that. And then I asked for my picture to be taken with Jason and we did that, and the next inning there was a new Jason. There was a new guy stand leave. They knew Jason, and I was like, what happened to Jason? What's going on? And I said, can I take a picture with you? And he said, no, That's why Jason's not here anymore.
Speaker 2: It was the funniest thing because those guys ahead of us, the guy sitting in the row ahead of us, saw and heard the entire thing. So when he said that that's why Jason's not here anymore, they all started busting up, laughing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, see, you can make friends. I do.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Well, obviously we had a busy time here in Chicago, and that doesn't mean we can't do some fun things that have nothing to do with Chicago, and we end our shows on Fridays with the nine news Nuggets. You need to know because of all of the other things that are going on. So I guess you could say. Kennedy used the phrase a couple of days ago the Canalope Sorbet.
Speaker 3: In an attempt to sort of cleanse our palates.
Speaker 2: So as we go into the weekend, why don't we cleanse our palettes with the nine news nuggets. You need to know the stories that otherwise would have fallen through the cracks.
Speaker 3: If we weren't so busy. It's time for your honorable mention, Honorable mention, not the most to mention.
Speaker 4: It's been an honor serving.
Speaker 5: With you, a.
Speaker 1: Great and honorable most is.
Speaker 5: So today we're holding auditions to become the newest member of honorable Mention.
Speaker 2: So one of Evansville, Indiana's Halloween staples is going to have a new home this fall.
Speaker 3: I guess. In Evansville, one of the things they do.
Speaker 2: Is they take a give tours of the catacombs in the old courthouse there in Evansville. They use it as a haunted attraction down in the basement. It's lived in the former Vanderberg County Courthouse for years. However, they've got to move it now because it's full of asbestos.
Speaker 1: Raydon right on, right on, rad On, that's one of the elements, isn't it It is? Look at me, I'm basically a chemist.
Speaker 3: Raid On Gas said that the attraction's going.
Speaker 2: To move beneath the House of Lector on Main Street. The House of Lector is a companion attraction, they said to the old catech the old Courthouse catacombs. According to the county Commissioner Justin Elpers, they said, the elevated levels of radon in the courthouse sub basement forced them to move, and they're trying to fix the whole problem.
Speaker 1: I see your haunted catacombs, and I raise you a haunted house ghost. Here is number nine at number nine, I did.
Speaker 6: Nine plays of the Cops Dirty nine times out of tennis Partner's Dirty too.
Speaker 5: Can I speak nine languages killing right basically.
Speaker 4: Everybody at table?
Speaker 1: Then I'll be al ready to go another nine?
Speaker 3: And niner? Did I catch a niner in there where you're calling from? All?
Speaker 4: Walkie Talks.
Speaker 1: A karate expert in Japan who broke a haunted house worker's jaw with a kick in twenty eleven, has lost his thirteen year long lawsuit against an amusement park where the incident took place. The High Court dismissed the man's claims that the park was partly responsible for the altercations.
Speaker 3: I see he knows his judo.
Speaker 1: Well well played, well played. This was in Kyoto the Kyoto Studio park while the karate expert was visiting with colleagues. Before entering the haunted house, the man did admit to consuming alcohol, Well haven't we all.
Speaker 2: Once inside, he was startled when a park employee stepped forward to frighten him. That park employee dressed as it goes, and he went hey, yeah. He reacted by kicking the ghost in the face, breaking the worker's jaw, and the man later claimed that his actions were simply a reflex and he really couldn't do much about it.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about that. I think that that is a pretty strong defense. I agree, you're an expert in karate. That's all you do all day is just kicking. You're punching, You're doing this, you're paint all of that, and people are looking at me like, what the hell is she doing? Yeah, this is I can't I keep forgetting we're in public, Keep.
Speaker 3: Having you put your put your hands down public, do that.
Speaker 1: With your hands, whatever you're doing with your hands, stop doing it. But it would be natural that that that would be a reflex.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been in situations like that where seeing somebody react in a very very potentially violent way. My wife and I were one of those haunted attractions at Universal Studios many years ago, and some.
Speaker 3: Guy came out.
Speaker 2: They're not supposed to touch you, right, that's not what they do, but they'll come pretty close and they'll get in your face.
Speaker 1: Your hands, sorry, and they'll.
Speaker 3: Get in your face.
Speaker 2: She reacted like she was going to punch the guy that just that jumped out at us, and I mean we were out of there.
Speaker 1: A strong right hook.
Speaker 2: Well, I yes, sometimes when I'm not paying attention to her, I'm yes when I'm bad. In this lawsuit, the karate expert argued that the park had been negligent by failing to train its staff to prevent such attacks from visitors. He also contended that the park should have prevented him from entering the attraction given the fact that he had been drinking. They should have known it and should not have allowed a drunk karate master to go through the haunted house.
Speaker 1: I see you know your judo. Well, here's number eight.
Speaker 4: Would be great if you.
Speaker 6: Could a chive his bold every eight second, listening to eight different bosses drawn on about mission statements.
Speaker 2: Well, police are looking for a woman who climbed over a barrier surrounding a tiger enclosure at a zoo in New Jersey, before she approached the tigers and put a hand through a metal fence and amazingly was not bitten.
Speaker 1: Why when you just let her be eaten by the tiger? This is Darwinism.
Speaker 2: Bridgeton Police said they wanted to speak to the woman after video of her inside that enclosure at Kohanzik Zoo in Bridgeton emerged. Police Department released the video, said it's not clear when this incident took place, but she went over the wooden fence at the tiger enclosure and started enticing the tiger, almost getting bit by putting her hand through the wire enclosure.
Speaker 1: Again, don't you think she should have just been eaten?
Speaker 3: You just leave her in there, I mean, leave her in.
Speaker 1: There, Let let the let the tiger get its prize.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming tigers would enjoy human meat, even stupid human meat.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Did tigers eat? Well do tigers eat?
Speaker 3: If you're in the if you're in the tiger enclosure, el you.
Speaker 1: Tigers are carnivores, and a carnivores basic diet consists of raw meat. Mmmmmmmmm.
Speaker 2: She This woman went right up to the tall metal fence, puts her hand through the gap and looked like she was probably trying to pet the animal. The tiger quickly moves its jaws toward her, forcing her to remove her hand.
Speaker 3: And step away. She stops.
Speaker 2: She poses as if somebody was taking a photograph, before she climbs back over the wooden enclosure.
Speaker 1: I want to know what's on the tiger menu. It's a wild boar deer also known to consume. Listen to this, monkeys, buffalo, sloth bears, leopards, and even crocodiles. Wow, that's a They may also feed on cattle.
Speaker 3: Or goats, making me hungry.
Speaker 1: I know we've been in Chicago too long if we're trying to get into a sloth bear.
Speaker 2: Here's number seven, the seventh son of the seventh son.
Speaker 6: We're on with seven days with the government, seven seven a seven years of college down to dra.
Speaker 1: Seven seven seven days.
Speaker 3: Well, a guy is oh my gosh, that picture is awful.
Speaker 2: Guy was left bleeding after a hair transplant, and he he.
Speaker 3: Refused to get off of a plane. This is in Miami.
Speaker 1: You can't go onto a plane with blood pouring out of your skull.
Speaker 2: So weird Uhanio Ernesto Hernandez Garnier and a female companion taking off that airplane in Miami this week. Staff were concerned about the state of his head. I mean, it looks like somebody, it looks helped him, Yeah, stopped him. It looked like a scene out of Silence of the Lambs or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that's when the guy takes the skull off.
Speaker 2: The other guy, twenty seven year old, said he didn't have any fresh bandages to clean up the wound.
Speaker 3: They refused to.
Speaker 2: Leave with an arrest report, stating that this woman you wow, that's a name. You Slatus Loyola said, if they could not fly, then no one's gonna fly, So police were called on board. More in the pair that they would be arrested. She started live streaming the incident on TikTok. Eventually they were handcuffed by the police taking off the American Airlines flight to Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: What's that that?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: I was just remembering when I was on a flight and actually had to have an emergency landing in rural Canada like Siberia. Crazy, and it was just all covered in snow and it was because a guy who made his way towards the back of the aircraft where we were had a medical emergency and his face was covered in blood and it was terrified. I don't know why it was terrifying for me because my face wasn't covered in blood, but it's weird to see someone bleeding like that on an airplane.
Speaker 3: Were you headed to Europe?
Speaker 1: Headed back from backing?
Speaker 3: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Here's number seven six six, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Got six, you got six, she got six, number six. There's six more weeks of later a picture of me, a rabbi, and six drunken longshore.
Speaker 4: Taking a nation home closer to us.
Speaker 3: I don't have to think that.
Speaker 6: Drink another shit pack.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of airplanes, a passenger was arrested at an Australian airport after he left a stationary airliner through an emergency exit. This is white along a wing and then climbed down a jet engine on the tarmac.
Speaker 1: So I think what was going on here is this passenger was trying to relive that twilight zone. Oh, the one with something at thousand feet?
Speaker 3: Yes, William William.
Speaker 1: Shatner, isn't that one? Yeah? Exactly?
Speaker 2: Jetstar flight JQ five oh seven had arrived at Melbourne Airport from Sydney, parked at a terminal gate when.
Speaker 3: The guy left the plane by the right side.
Speaker 1: You ever wanted to do this? I on a wing, walk around on it.
Speaker 2: Well, I've looked at it, just just this flight coming here from Dallas last Sunday. I was standing, or I was sitting in a seat right over the wing, and I'm looking at the arrows that tell you where to go once you're out on the wing. Yeah, like I did think about, you know, it might be fun to get out there, maybe not at thirty thousand feet, But so we're.
Speaker 1: Leaving today and I am just going to tell you before we get to the airport.
Speaker 3: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Well, the good news is I don't want to do the show alone.
Speaker 2: Now we're not even going to the same airport, so you can't control me anymore. This guy opened the open the exit, which of course automatically deployed the slide from the back of the wing at the fuselage to the ground. But instead he walked out along the wing and then climb down on one of the two engines that's out there and a.
Speaker 1: Way, my gosh, I just looked at the next story.
Speaker 2: They said that the band was exhibiting some very strange behavior.
Speaker 1: Here's number five for five.
Speaker 3: I have five rules. We begin bombing in five minutes.
Speaker 1: Five little long geese, specially the year five point five five.
Speaker 3: My favorite, lose five pounds immediately.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do not like that picture either.
Speaker 1: No, it's awful. So giant spiders that can grow to the size of rats. Oh, I felt like it was on me, wrong with me. It was just giant spiders.
Speaker 3: Nothing even touched you. That was funny, I know.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Giant spiders that can grow to the size of rats and live off fish or making a comeback in the UK.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: For centuries, the fen raft spider used to live in the wetlands around the United Kingdom, but after the Industrial Revolution a lot of their habitats were drained. The species almost went extinct. And now after years of conversation, sorry, con conservation work.
Speaker 1: Why would you want to conserve these months?
Speaker 2: I don't know, they said, it's now back to thriving in the UK. It hit a load just three years, three areas where they were to exist. But now there's an estimated ten thousand breeding females across the UK.
Speaker 3: Think about that ten thousand of those things.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, stop showing me that. Here's number four, poor minute.
Speaker 5: It's probably on his fourth tranquilizer by now, number four.
Speaker 4: This isn't the same world you left four years version.
Speaker 1: Am I allowed to say penis at this time of day?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Okay? Costco's not safe for work. Penis cups are eliciting some naughty reactions.
Speaker 2: A Reddit user uploaded an image asking people how Costco expects customers to be fine with what they're seeing.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to explain the penis cup?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's a soda cup with a plastic lid on top cup, and you know the plastic lids that pull back like I'm thinking of gas station coffee places. For sure, there were McDonald's or what have you pulls back. So this one has a pullback tab as well, but when you pull it back, it's in the shape of a male genitalia wiganberries.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: A bunch of readers said that it was pretty funny. An onslaught of dirty jokes. Somebody wrote, hate to say it, but looks like you got shafted.
Speaker 4: Get it?
Speaker 2: I usually wow, can't refer to that one Hi brow Remember now, I can't read you can't read.
Speaker 1: Any of them. Those are awful. Then he printed that in the post.
Speaker 2: All of them says make eye contact with the other guys at the food court while you're sitting your drink after No, anyway, I can't read any of those.
Speaker 3: No, no, you can't.
Speaker 1: No, you can't.
Speaker 2: Well you've seen the inadvertent genitalia pictures before.
Speaker 3: I'm not asking you, I'm not well.
Speaker 1: There was that at the Olympics most recently. That man's genitals.
Speaker 3: Very was not inadvertent. That was very advert But that wasn't a penis.
Speaker 1: That was the other stuff, right, Hello, was it a penis? What? I don't remember it that he that he hit them? Oh no, heard the guy from the opening ceremonies.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. Yes guy, Yes, the guy hanging out. Yeah, those were the next other blue guy. Yeah, that was other stuff. Those were other parties.
Speaker 1: There was a number of penis incursions at the at the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Incursions. I feel like the word is being misused there.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's it.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: It was very genital heavy Olympics, probably the most genitally heavy Olympics.
Speaker 1: Recursion, an invasion or attack, especially a sudden or brief one. That's exactly how I felt by those two penises at the Olympics. It was like, WHOA, what's that doing there? Here's number three.
Speaker 5: Number three shall be the number count and the number of the counting shall be three.
Speaker 4: Three out three Security clearance level three.
Speaker 3: All three three.
Speaker 1: I got all three of you guys, for the rest of your naturally born live.
Speaker 3: After about three days, they both start to stink. Three.
Speaker 2: Well, here we are in Chicago, right and it's the absolute the center of the world.
Speaker 3: When it comes to Deep Dish pizza. In Miami Springs, Florida.
Speaker 2: A fifty five year old guy is facing a felony charge for an impersonation scheme that left a bunch of pizza customers getting a raw deal. Said that he was running an elaborate scheme to defraud tourists staying in the hotels in and around Miami Springs by pretending to be a well known pizza parlor, and according to police, customers who thought they were ordering pizzas from Romans Pizzeria were instead getting slices made by a guy named Jose Marty Alvarez.
Speaker 1: Well was the pizza good.
Speaker 2: No, it was he was distributing fake pizza flyers to hotel rooms along Northwest thirty Street near Miami International and it was advertising Roman Pizzeria, which was I guess famous for its high quality pies.
Speaker 3: That is not what people were getting.
Speaker 2: So Heyeseuss, the proprietor of the Real Romans Pizzeria had been cooking up pies for four decades, says that the pizzas were bad. They were uncooked. Sometimes they were sent in a box with a piece of raw dough, and he says, they just give it to them and by the time they realize it, they've gone away.
Speaker 1: Now I want pizza real bad.
Speaker 2: Police said that the guy was doing this for years and caused significant hardships for the Real Romans Pizzeria, including complaints to the Better Business Bureau, a bunch of negative reviews on yelp upset customers.
Speaker 1: Of course, what do you think Roman did to that guy to deserve this?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but they said.
Speaker 2: After Roman went to the police, officers did arrest the fake Roman on a charge of organized scheme to defraud, booked him into county jail this week.
Speaker 1: Can't mess with people's pizza that they will throw the book at you for that.
Speaker 2: By the way, he's also facing an aggravated battery charge because he'd been running away from hotel staff in his vehicle and hit one of the hotel staff members as he was doing it.
Speaker 1: Here's number two.
Speaker 3: What's going on? You two forgot two things?
Speaker 6: One?
Speaker 1: Two? There's two sons and no women who ring. Well, you've got a tax guy. You like a tax loophole just as much as the next guy, right, sure, Well, there is a city center office building in Liverpool that has been home to a snail farm for more than a year. The council bosses allege it's to avoid at tax. About fifteen covered crates containing as few as two snails each have been kept on the lower ground floor of this building for about a year. Under current law, this could qualify as agricultural use and this part of the building would be exempt from business rates. How about that. We've never thought about bringing in snails and housing them to avoid.
Speaker 3: Taxes snail farm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but snails are kind of easy, right, You just leave them in the boxes. They don't really move around a lot, they said.
Speaker 2: The number of snails per crate is kept to a minimum to avoid snail cannibalism, snail group sex, and snail orgies.
Speaker 1: Stop it. That's fake. That is not fake, silly, But you do.
Speaker 2: Need thousands and thousands of snails otherwise there's no business. And that snail farming usually involves feeding and cleaning daily.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that snails were cannibals. I think I would rather die than eat a person. There's number one, number one, number one.
Speaker 4: We're number one, ben.
Speaker 3: Number one. Are you the number one roll?
Speaker 1: Number one, number one, number one?
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like this is your future. And I mean this in the most positive positive way. When you work someplace for forty years, someone's gonna give you an award of some kind.
Speaker 3: Right, what would you like? Would you like a jacket? Meat? Would you like a gold watch? You want a new pair of shoes?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Maybe a zero sick leave jacket like that?
Speaker 2: The meats there's a shop assistant in Britain has been awarded forty sausage rolls for forty years of service.
Speaker 1: Oh man, have you ever had a sausage roll from Frankie's in Chico?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that was like the fancy restaurant that I went to. Maybe once in four years because someone's parents came to town and they had money, and so we went to Frankie's and they had a sausage roll there and it was delicious. It's just a sausage covered in like paste, like puff pastry. Oh Man.
Speaker 3: Fifty six year.
Speaker 2: Old Kevin Parson started working at the Alliance Supermarket back in nineteen eighty four. They said they marked the anniversaries fortieth anniversary, giving him a certificate, a tropical themed mural for his home that's nice, and a sausage roll for each of his next forty shifts.
Speaker 3: They said that this guy is basically a celebrity in that store.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Well why not end with good meets? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the way this week began, from meat to meet.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that's it for us here in Chicago. We'll see everybody back, I mean, I guess we'll see everybody back at work, right, sure, Okay, you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio Lab