Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family. Let's not play one on Tom. Let's wind it.
Speaker 3: I love writing me these guys after the show.
Speaker 4: So just thank you, give me are your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 5: This is world champion, Dodger, world champion.
Speaker 1: Thing he put a small soft time they get a people what they want.
Speaker 6: To die in a row two is special.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache one of them.
Speaker 6: Con this ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 5: Hell, go to the grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven.
Speaker 6: And go to the show.
Speaker 5: And now your host of Dodger Talk, David Bassing.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm back. That's right, Dodger Talk live from Dodgers Stadium with you until eleven o'clock tonight here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. After the Dodgers defeat the Diamondback tonight by a final score of three to one. The Dodgers winning these last two games of the home stands certainly was big and leaves a better taste in their mouth, especially if they would have lost tonight or last night and lose the series. That would have meant the Dodgers lost two out of the three here on this nine game homestand and look, it's one thing to lose four in a row, but you know, the Dodgers losing four in a row at Dodgers Stadium, that's just not something that happens. And that was the first time, in fact, before winning last night, that the Dodgers had lost four in a row at Dodgers Stadium since twenty eighteen. But certainly a better way to leave for New York winning tonight and winning last night as well, pulling that one out. And look, that was a subplot to tonight's game as well, Right, Tanner Scott last night gave up the game tying home run, gives up the go ahead two run home run in the tenth inning last night, the Dodger offense bailed him out with the last at bat of the game being at home. And then tonight, Dave Roberts did not hesitate to get Tanner Scott back in the saddle tonight in the ninth inning, and he responded, retiring the Diamondbacks in order, striking out two of the three batters. He faced, So that was a big deal to me in tonight's game as well, and for the Dodgers, it's no secret how they won these last two games compared to the way things went in that Angel series, including Dustin May, yes, going five innings in that first game against the Angels but not being very good. But tonight much better for Dustin May. He went six innings tonight, allowed just a solo home run to could Tell Marte. He only threw eighty eight pitches tonight and had eight strikeouts coming on the heels of Yoshi Yamamoto doing what stoppers and cy Young's do for their staff, and that's really setting the tone. And that's what Yamamoto did last night, pitching seven scoreless innings. So really, you could look at so many different things. I know many of you want to point out Michael confordo and you know Chris Taylor is released, but I'm sure many of you will still call in and blame Chris Taylor. It's really simple. You can't tax your bullpen the way the Dodgers have taxed it at the beginning of this season. You've got to get better starting pitching. Your starters have got to go deeper in the game. They've got to be allowed to go deeper in the game, and they're the ones that are going to dictate that. So coming off the heels of a great start from Yamamoto, Dustin May rebounded after a very mediocre start against the Angels, and that's what the Dodgers are going to need on the becoming road trip, especially in New York, because I know many of us did not believe the Mets starting pitching was going to be their strength, but it's turned out to be. Their starting pitching is really good. Their offense right now is a little consado. It's a little quiet these days, and Juan Soto is watching fly balls off the Green Monsters. So it'll be interesting to see if the Dodgers can keep this starting pitching momentum rolling into New York. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's head downstairs right now to the Dodger Clubhouse to hear from tonight's winning pitcher, Dustin May.
Speaker 7: I was able to establish fast, woarly sleepers going in and out, was being able to land it when I needed to. I was getting ahead of guys, and they're going to set theirselves out, so it was good.
Speaker 8: This is just kind of an important one for you, and you look at your last few outings. Obviously you were excellent against this team in Arizona, but kind of coming off with this last one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, it's always good to go out and give the guys in the bullpen break. Being able to go six is huge. Being able to keep a few runs off the board is always good too. And then Tail came up huge and hit the through on Homer played really good defense behind me, and so you can team one.
Speaker 2: I feel like you could.
Speaker 3: Could like swing and miss tonight in the Vela was a little up, like you just feel like the stuff you're just playing up for you tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean I felt much better today physically than I did the last outing, So I just felt way more in tune myself and I was able to execute some more thrist.
Speaker 3: I feel like you can get into a little bit more of a rhythm now, like two months into this coming back from surgery, like it does almost feel kind of like you're back into a normal kind of grief a raadular season at this point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, it's been a long time since I've I've thrown eight starts, so I mean it's getting back into the spots that I feel like I need to and being able to come in every day and get my work in, just being able to replicate stuff.
Speaker 9: When I got on the mountain, Dustin the lasted out against Pa Smith.
Speaker 7: It was huge to be able to come off with only one and give the guys a better chance that going and only need to get one was was huge for my metagrahy.
Speaker 6: All right, there's Dustin May after going a strong six innings tonight, a line just one and run, And the way he was coming off the mound after that sixth inning, you would think that he had just thrown a no hitter. That was how excited he was for himself. But it was six innings and Corbyn Burns, even though he gave up more runs and was down three to one going into the seventh inning. Tory Lavello also at a tough spot with his bullpen. That's kind of shaky, not kind of, it is shaky sent Corbyn Burns out there for the seventh inning despite being down three to one, And that's really American League baseball right there. We saw that tonight in the National League under the old rules where the pitcher was hitting. If the starting pitcher, no matter how good he was going, was down three to one, he would have been out of the game in that seventh inning. But because of the DH and the way Corbyn Burns was pitching in how economic he was, that's the reason why toy Lavello sent his ace back out there. Burns went seven innings tonight. He had six strikeouts and only one walk. The only mistake he made was to a guy that has come to the rescue for the Dodgers so many times this season and so many times since putting on a Dodger uniform, and that was the one and only Taoscar Hernandez, who if you were watching on television or listening on radio, or were here at the game, if you were paying attention, after Taoscar Hernandez swung and missed after that second strike, he took a walk around home plate to reset himself, to take a deep breath and was able to just relax a little bit more, not be over anxious, and talking to Luis Cruz in the hallway, he said, we believe Taoscar Hernandez just came up with a plan not to chase anything away from him, meaning that cut fastball he was looking middle in and Corbyn Burns made a mistake with his slider and Taoscar Hernandez did not miss it for a go ahead three run home run. In case you were keeping score at home, ta Oscar Hernandez now this season with two outs, hitting three ninety two, with four home runs and twenty one RBIs we had a chance to catch up with the smiling Taoscar Hernandez after the game. Don't think I didn't notice that long walk around home play before you hit that home run. Were you telling yourself, you know, to come down.
Speaker 1: I chased super just out of the strike selling over there. You know, I'm just trying to get going to Helvis and when you know, slow the game down, get a good pace and just got to go to it on it. He hangs one. He was dealing the whole game. I think he missed that one. He was trying to go away for a ball. He hanged over the play and I just hit it up.
Speaker 6: He was using that cutter away from you right east. Do you feel like he was trying to keep you off balanced with a fastball.
Speaker 1: He was missing his pitch is really good today. He was hitting the corners in and now down up missing with the stuff that he has. Everybody knows that kind of picture he is. So hopefully we can get this going and I can get more pictures like that.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 6: With Tascar Hernandez back, the Dodgers will keep it going. Winning two out of three from the Diamondbacks. Now a big road trip, Thanks Tail, Thank you. Taascar Hernandez, always a great spirit about him, was a phenomenal tonight. Being able to do what he's done all season long, and that's to hit behind the Big three and become part of the Big four, the Fab four toa Oscar Hernandez and Burns tonight eight strikeouts in seven innings Tonight, that one mistake to Tascar Hernandez cost him and the Diamondbacks, and for the dot they gotta feel good now heading to New York. Despite being swept by the Angels. They take two out of three from the A's take two out of three from the Diamondbacks, and those games count for more than just one game. Those division games count as two. So the Dodgers now with the second best record in the National League. The Phillies have passed him in that Department by one game. But the Dodgers in the NL West have a two game lead over the Giants and don't look now, but the Padres have lost five in a row, and the Dodgers are two and a half games ahead of San Diego and five games ahead of Arizona. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number David Vasse live at Dodgers Stadium. After the Dodgers defeat the Diamondbacks three to one, Let's go out to Georgia. Ray, you're on Dodger Talk stand up Late. How you doing?
Speaker 9: Ray? Oh yeah, Dave, thank you so much for the great job you do. Matter of fact, if I was Jimmy Kimmel, he's a big Dodger fan, I would have you, Kirsten and Jack Harris on the show when that would be great.
Speaker 6: Isn't he retiring? He said he's a grandpa. He's retiring, right.
Speaker 9: No, I don't think so. But I know he's on vacation for two weeks because they've been running repeats. But anyway, Hey, I want to talk about bunting because it's like sometimes when you see Munsty and you see they're in the slumps with Hernandez and Conflorido, and you see the third basement playing back ten feet. You know, even with with no the count just starting, it's not like we have two strikes. You can just run a startup.
Speaker 10: You can.
Speaker 9: It does so much for you by just getting a bunt base hit psychologically and for the team because they're given that to you. And you see what I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying is.
Speaker 6: And I know we've talked about it up in the booth where if there's a struggling left handed hitter especially and they're shifting on you to pull and they're giving you that left side of the infield, there's no reason not to take advantage of that and just get on base and have something good happen. So that's not completely crazy talk right there, Ray.
Speaker 9: Is there a way that you can? I mean, I know the Dodgers use their dynamics with their statitsas so much.
Speaker 6: Well they talked to name about but the player's got to be comfortable doing it. I don't see a lot of guys practicing bunting during batting practice, Ray, So on the one player I remember the most, there's two players that I remember the most. Taking advantage of what you're describing, and that's the infield being shifted, and that was even before the rules where you had to have two infielders on both sides of second base. Jock Peterson was working on it in twenty eighteen spring training twenty nineteen. He didn't fully buy in, but he would do it once in a while. And Gavin Lux even told the Reds like, Hey, the Dodgers got me to practice bunting, and in crucial moment it's like a playoff game, bunting came into play. So those are the two guys that I remember the most.
Speaker 9: Wow, I got one more thing. I remember reading in La Times last year that the Dodgers were going to do a study about what happened why they have so many pitching injuries. And I have never read anything what they have a conclusion to this because I don't know if it's the weather, because the weather's so good. They're in southern California and when you go to the East coast maybe in the winter time, I mean early in the spring and the season that it's cold, does it have an effect on their arms?
Speaker 1: What is the what is the.
Speaker 9: Analysis of this? Why so many injuries?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I don't know the Dodgers really haven't disclosed what their findings were. Maybe there's still ongoing, but honestly, Ray, I feel like a case to case basis, especially with their young starting pitchers. Thanks for the phone call, Ray appreciated. You know, the best explanation I've heard about why pictures may be getting injured is from our very own Oral Herscheizer, who knows a thing or two about pitching and biomechanics. Oral told us during a rain delay last year in Chicago, and he has said it since and other interviews that he believes part of the reason why pitchers are getting injured is not because of what they're doing in the game, but what they're doing in between starts, and that's having touch and fuel. Bullpen sessions turning into competition against yourself because you're trying to chase velocity and the best metrics you can find in that bullpen session. And there's a lot of pressure on these guys to prove that they still are trending in the right direction, especially if you're a young pitcher, because that's the way you're being judged these days in baseball, by what is being read on that iPad, what the track man that's with the technology is, and maybe pitchers have got to learn to go back and take it a little easier, throttle back on those bullpen sessions. And it made complete sense what Oral was describing. And I'll take it a step further. When Jim Palmer and the Orioles were in town last year. Jim Palmer, Yeah, that Jim Palmer. That was a cy young winner that beat Sandykofax and the Dodgers in the sixty six World Series and a Hall of famer. I thought he came away with a great point as well. Take away the technology the first two weeks of spring training. There's no reason why anybody should be tracking anything pitchers are doing just to ease into spring training. So two guys that know a lot about pitching and have done it at the highest levels, I think they have some pretty valid suggestions. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks tonight three to one. Let's go out to the seven to ten. David, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, David? Good DV? How are you, buddy?
Speaker 2: Always you have pleasure talking to you.
Speaker 6: Thank you, David appreciate that now.
Speaker 9: My question.
Speaker 10: I've noticed in the past, like the last season, in the last few seasons, there's some Major League teams that have worn I call them like traditional batting practice jerseys, you know what I mean, Like the Red Sox at home sometimes they wear like the red jersey with the Red Sox across the chest, or like Kansas City they'll wear like a blue jersey with the KC across the chest. Do you think or maybe not think the Dodgers should do anything like that, like wear like a dark blue jersey with the LA logo on it.
Speaker 6: They used to do that in the early two thousands. I don't think it went over that well, David. I mean, those were the Omado signs days, so I remember those days. I didn't like them. I like the Dodgers wearing their home whites. I like the Dodgers wearing their home grays, similar to the Yankees pinstripes at home, road grays on the road. So instead of and I think they're the Dodgers City connect jerseys are very tasteful as well. They're not over the top. But you know, I would love to see a throwback night where the Dodgers are wearing their jerseys from the eighties where they have the big Dodgers script on the front, and they even have the white outline on the numbers, the lettering and all that. I feel like, you know, the NBA does a lot of throwbacks where the Lakers are wearing Minneapolis jerseys. They're wearing the Forum gold short shorts back in the day. I would love to see the Dodgers do something like that one day.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I remember those jerseys. No, yeah, I've been I've been a Dodger fan for many, many years.
Speaker 6: I could tell David thanks a lot for the phone.
Speaker 10: Call, Thanks for taking Anyboddy.
Speaker 6: All right, David, be safe out there on the seven ten eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks tonight three to one thanks to a go ahead home run by taoscar her name, But it was set up by a couple of ground balls that got through the infield tonight. One of them was from Mookie Bets that hit a ground ball past Uguenio Suarez at third base. I think Max Munsey gets that ground ball. I think a lot of third basemen gets that ground ball. But Suarez is not known for his defense, and the Dodgers had something in the works for Freddie Freeman and Tioscar Hernandez. Freddie struck out against Corbyn Burns, so there were two on and two out and Taoscar was down to his last strike and was able to hit the go ahead three run home run off of Corbyn Burns, but certainly was set up by Miguel Rojas and Mookie Betts getting on base. Let's head back downstairs to the Dodger clubhouse to hear from the Dodgers shortstop.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, he was mixing it up really really good. I mean he still went seven innings, so it wasn't wasn't much that he did wrong. But I guess he just left the slider I would have played for ten able to uh do some damage with make You did a great job getting started there, and I was able to a sneak one through. But Tayo definitely came up huge.
Speaker 8: What is it like just having him back in the lineup.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's huge. It just makes our uh lineup a lot longer. It makes it uh tough to kind of navigate through and uh he does things like this, so uh that's what that's the beauty of it.
Speaker 8: Destin May was excellent tonight. Just how important was it for you guys just to give him that run support that he deserved to get the wins?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean a game like this, you know that he any any guy's gonna need a win out of something like that, and especially where I bullping is. You know, it was h huge that he came up.
Speaker 6: Uh big for us.
Speaker 4: And it's good to see uh Dmat pitching.
Speaker 8: Wills some games on this road trip.
Speaker 1: How's a big t get those two to hit all this road trip?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh, I mean, you know, any windsor are are big, but especially against our Indivision rivals. Well, I guess all right, divisions are right his rivals, so Indivision winds are always huge. But I know it's gonna be a tough road trip coming up. We've got two really good ball friends and it'll be it'll be fun.
Speaker 6: All right. There's Mookie Beds. After the Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks tonight three to one. When we continue from Dodgers Stadium, we'll check in with Jose Mota get his thoughts on how the Dodgers' homestand went and how Tonight's game turned out after the Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks three to one on the world champion Dodgers Audio Network and AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: AM five seventy LA Sports be anywhere at any time and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk All love those things. Search AM five seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: We're streaming online.
Speaker 5: We stream every game too.
Speaker 6: Come find it.
Speaker 5: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 6: One two pitch too, ty Oscar the swings hits a high fly ball to center int this Paul headed toward the wall. It has gone a three run home run. Tioscar Hernandez and the Dodgers have jumped down in front three to one. Well, he got a hold of it.
Speaker 2: It was a slider, but it hung over the heart of the plate and.
Speaker 6: Ta Oscar drilled at the dead center field four hundred and thirteen feet. Teo, Teo, Teo, Sometimes you just hypnotize me. Ti Oscar Hernandez with a go ahead, three run home run in the sixth inning to help the Dodgers beat Corbyn Burns and the Arizona Diamondbacks. I think that sounds like something Jerry Harriston would sing. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast. Go to AM five to seventy LA sports dot Com use the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniels Jewelers own the dream.
Speaker 5: It's tough to go around the horn with Jose.
Speaker 6: Mota, all right, Jose Mota. No secret. Why the Dodgers were able to win these final two games of the home stand a great starting performance from Yamamoto, and then tonight Dustin May bounced back after a shaky performance against the Angels.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, David has said, Yes, you're absolutely right, David. Seven innings last night, no runs at one hit. And I was standing job today by Dustin May, who had pitched very well, in fact against the Dbacks over in Arizona and where you got a little upset with Dave Roberts for taking him out with six and two turns. But we saw a better picture today, more polished pitcher, better rhythm, more usage again of my favorite pitch for him, which is that four seamer or that that sink rush a say, but it's just tells you about you know, the fact that, as he said during an interview, that he's getting into rhythm now, you know, making it eight stars like you haven't seen that in a long time and nine stars now. But it's good to see the fact that he was able to say in there long enough to get that. Doubly because one sing of the bat makes a difference.
Speaker 6: We always talk about the picture when things go well, but nobody ever talks about the catchers. So young Dalton Rushing was handling dustin May tonight. What have you seen from him in the small sample size.
Speaker 2: I like the way he presents the baseball, which is a big thing nowadays. Not a lot of pitches missed tonight behind the play by Chad Whitson, and he does the one knee thing. But if you notice, well he gets that knee lower, so he's not just leaning on that knee and standing up a little bit more. He is actually leaning more of an all style top of catching. And what was very noticeable to me at least tonight, is that his rhythm, he gets rhyth of the ball quicker, he gets the ball, he sends it back to the picture. In other words, you are in charge, you can control the temple. I'm not going to hold it back. We already have a game plan. Let's go out through an executor. And no doubt in my mind that even as Kerschel said after the start, this kid pays attention. He wants to do well on both sides of the plate, and to me is just keeping the temple and the rhythm, the framing, whoever you want to call it, and then having a conference to bounce something and he a react to block, and he's done a very good job blocking because you know very well the command also means throw the ball down there where you need to, and so far the youngster has done a very good job with that.
Speaker 6: Well, how about this too, hose Another layer to all that is the fact that the Diamondbacks have really run on the Dodgers the last couple of years, and tonight they didn't even try to run on Dalton rushing. That was a big indicator as well of the scattered report being out there that his arm's pretty good and Dustin may must have been doing something right as well to deliver the ball to him quickly.
Speaker 2: Deliver the wall quickly you get into that temple. Give him a chance. And it's not all the catchers, but I think we saw the pop time the other day. It's pretty impressive and I'm glad that that that weapon is there. We know the all stars will smith and all that, but it's only going to make the Dodgers deeper and better. And for a youngster that has the eagerness to, you know, watch the gate closely and a apply to it, I think you'd be willing to, you know, just concentrate more on the defensive side of things for now. The hitting will come. He didn't have a tough night on the play, but it's one another thing, a.
Speaker 10: Layer to this.
Speaker 2: He did not allow whatever happened in the home plate to get in the way of what he did in calling the game and keeping him nice up, big tempo with Dustin May.
Speaker 6: Yeah, great call by you. Jose Rushing tonight was over three with three strikeouts, but did not allow that to affect what he was doing behind the plate. Dodgers win tonight three to one over the Diamondbacks, and it was one mistake by Corbyn Burns and Taoscar Hernandez For the second straight year, different uniform for Burns hits a go ahead, three run home run. You know, I thought that was so great how Taoscar took a walk around home plate before he hit that home run. Jose, I wish more guys would just reset in the middle of an at bat like that.
Speaker 2: Gotta do something like that. You gotta go Billy Chappell and clear the mechanism once in a while.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: But here's here's a pattern I got today. And the Dodgers hit the ball hard in every single inning, at least once leading up to that inning. Then the soft stuff starts happening, with Rohause getting up groundble up the middle, then mulkive is getting a ball pass Suarez and then to Oscar chasing pitches and Cloburn Burns is a guy that usually does not have control issues. He's had it this year with a very high walk ratio. But as a as a hitter, you're always thinking to yourself, at some point this pattern of hitting the ball hard every and he has to come. And there it was to Oscar taking his time, knowing that to beat a guy like Cloburn Burns, he has to take advantage and tries to do less in fact, and think through the middle like he did to come up big again with two else and to come up again in the situation whered. Obviously he was missed.
Speaker 6: When he was on Round Hoose. You saw ta Oscar play his entire career. Why is he so much better with the Dodgers the last two years. Is it just being part of this type of lineup or is there something that Oscar Hernandez has found going back to last year.
Speaker 2: We can go so far back to tell you how impolished he was when he first came up, how undisciplined he was.
Speaker 9: But in short, the things that you share with me is he was a very good.
Speaker 2: League player when he got the Dodgers. He's become a star player because he's mentioned to me the support system obviously, the teammates, the leadership in that clubs, but also the resources. He said, there are things that I've been explained to him that he had not heard before. Explaining that way that made a lot of sense. As he recalled David when they got to Oscar and they thought it was like, oh, you got a great bat to bad against lefties. Who's going to hit against righties?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And the Dodgers answer was We're going to find a way to make him better at home. He's not playing and stalele anymore against righties too. And there you have it. The answer is the ta Oscar has two and there's only one like.
Speaker 6: Him, no doubt about it. Another big home run for Tioscar Hernandez. Jose, thanks a lot for checking in. We'll talk to you when the Dodgers head to New York.
Speaker 2: Good to hear back, Dave, good job, thank you.
Speaker 6: Appreciate it. Nothing that a few medications can help. And also an infrared sauna today got me going, Yeah, that's why I'm here anyway. Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks tonight three to one, and they took the shortest well second shortest time of the season. Tonight's game was only two hours and seventeen minutes. It was the second shortest game of the year the Dodgers have played. So when you have two really good starting pitchers pitching the way they were. You heard Jose talk about Dustin May's rhythm, Corbyn Burns obviously a strike thrower, and especially tonight, you're gonna get a quick game, especially when there's only four runs scored combined between these two teams. So a big win for the Dodgers and they end this nine game homestand four and five a disappointing middle part of this homestand to get swept by the Angels. But look, it goes back to starting pitching, and if the Rodgers can get the type of starting pitching, not even what they got from Yamamoto last night, but even what they got from Dustin May tonight, six innings keep your team in the game. That's all they're asking from their starters. They don't want four innings. They can't live with four innings anymore. We've talked about the bullpen throwing over two hundred innings already this season. Do you know the other two teams that are behind the Dodgers as far as most innings pitched by their bullpen. They're two of the worst teams in baseball, the Marlins and the White Sox. What that tells you is that is not a recipe for success. We all know that Dave Roberts knows that Mark Pryor knows that Connor McGinnis knows that. But the starters have got to get deeper into the game. And Friday night is going to be a big test for Clayton Kershaw because he was able to have a soft landing a against the Angels, and outside of that first inning for Kershaw against the Angels, he pitched pretty well and probably could have got into the fifth inning if not for that thirty eight pitch first inning. So I expect Kershaw to at least give the Dodgers five innings and a very big ballpark at City Field and a team. You know, I go back to when Don Manningly was managing the Dodgers. He always talked about it's not the record of the team you're playing, it's when you're catching them. And right now, the Dodgers are catching a Mets team that's pitching really well but not hitting really well. So the Dodger starters are going to have to try to give this offense an opportunity to score and score early instead of putting them in a hole early on. So it's it's not rocket science. There's a reason why the Dodger bullpen has been put in that position. And look, that bullpen is thinner than what it was two weeks ago. They don't have Evan Phillips, they don't have Kirby eights. They're relying on guys like Anthony Bonda, Ben Casparius, Jack Dryer and trying to set up guys like Vessie and Tanner Scott. So that makes it even more important for the Dodger starters to try to shorten the game and not have that bullpen have to cover so many innings, especially in close games. Eight six six, nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks tonight three to one. Obviously, I had lost my voice last night, so I wasn't on the show. But while I was at home before the Dodger game started last night, I was watching the Mets and Red Sox. I wanted to kind of get an advanced scout on the Mets and see what they were all about, because I haven't had a chance to watch nine innings of Mets baseball this year. But I was watching that game last night when our old buddy, and that was another reason why I wanted to watch it. It was on TBS, and I wanted to see Walker Buehler. I want to see Walker Buehler make a full start with the Red Sox. He was coming off the fifteen day il and he was he had some shoulder inflammation that they put out pretty quickly by putting him on the il without trying to overextend him, and it seemed to work. His fastball had Walker Buhler life to it ninety five ninety six, But in the third inning, after he had hit Francisco Lindor to put him at first base, Lindor took off while Jan Sota was at the plate. You saw it, right, you saw it. Walker Bueller threw a strike right down the middle that the home plate umpire and Mike Esterbrook called the ball and Bueller got really upset, so much so that he got thrown out. But I wanted to defend our guy, Walker Buehler because Mike Esterbrook and every other major league umpire out there has got to realize nobody pays to see them. A sellout crowd at Fenway Park was not there to see Mike Esterbrook. They were there to see Walker Bueller against the Mets, and Mike Esterbrook, in my estimation, was overly aggressive and trying to be the center of attention when he took off his mask and walked towards Walker Buehler. The umpires are supposed to try to avoid confrontation with the players and not escalate it. Obviously, Walker Bueller was hot, but Mike esterbrook did not need to take off his mask and certainly did not need to throw out Walker Buehler from that game. And then he threw out Alex Korra after that, and the Red Sox bullpen was able to hang in there and they helped beat the Mets last night. But I mean, and another layer to that is, why does Alex Cora and Walker Bueller and every other major league player and manager have to answer questions in a press conference setting but the umpires don't. The way it works is the writers select a writer, one writer to go speak to the ground, the head umpire and the crew chief and be the poll reporter. I mean, in a situation like that, don't you think Mike Esterbrooks should speak for himself instead of Las Diez the crew chief, speaking to one reporter in a pool setting. I always thought that was ridiculous how players and managers, GMS owners have to all speak to the media, but in a controversial setting like that where the umpire was the one that throughout Bueller, he can hide in the umpire's locker room and not have to talk it's ridiculous. I think they should. They should be front and center in situations like that. That's my opinion. And I thought Mike Esterbrook went way overboard last night to throw out our guy, Walker Buehler. All right, that'll do it for us. On Dodger Talk tonight. Coming up tomorrow, we have off day Dodger Talk for you at seven o'clock. You don't want to miss that show. And on Friday night, the Dodgers will open up their six game road trip, starting with three games at Cityfield against the Mets. It will be Curshaw Day on Friday night. It will be Kershaw's second start this season, going up against Griffin Canning. The UCLA Bruin has found something at Cityfield because he is having his best year so far. Canning is five to one with an ERA of two forty seven. Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at three o'clock tomorrow with first pitch at four to ten. Right here on a five to seventy LA Sports. Thanks to Colin Ye back at our Burbank Studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out of here at Dodgers Stadium. Thanks to you for listening. The Dodgers thet Corby Burns and the Diamondbacks tonight three to one. Coming up next, Ben Mallor on Fox Sports Radio. Have a great rest of your night. See you