Speaker 1: Small.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, here we go, come on, good morning.
Speaker 3: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Yepe okay, here we go. Wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky.
Speaker 3: Rob Ryan show check it in on this tattooesday.
Speaker 4: Mode did such a good job yesterday. We asked her to come back today. Good to see you.
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: I should say thank you for coming back today.
Speaker 5: He didn't scare me off.
Speaker 3: All right, well that's good news. Good to see you, hey, Alex. Good to see you as always. Buddy you. I know you're up late watching the met Gala. You probably a little tuckered out, and it's all right.
Speaker 4: We'll see if you can bring the energy still with that big night of yours, biggest night in fashion for you. Steve the bread Man's gonna go for win number two, fresh out of madheads who had challenge. We'll play that game at six twenty. I got Buzzfest tickets for you in homeroom. Guys, we love you the most. Stop telling the other hours that. But when you get up early with us and you spend that first hour, I love you. Buzzfest tickets on the fun Fact flashback.
Speaker 3: Risk it hold. The biscuit is back. You can win up to one thousand dollars with the Texas Hammers.
Speaker 4: Alex says some sports giveaway. He's gonna talk to you about some boxing stuff. He's gonna kind of slide that in today. Shine Down tickets at eight twenty. Alternative Income is back at nine ten, and then we've I think we've got a big acl kind of a We're waiting for the lineup to be announced today at nine o'clock, and then when we do that, we'll talk about giving you three day weekend passes.
Speaker 3: Hopefully we all like the bands that are gonna be playing at this thing. Okay, I know we got chances of showers and cloudy skies and scatteredness, and I know you're talking about that, so I'll let you go with that.
Speaker 6: MO.
Speaker 3: Good morning. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 7: Yes, rain, even hail as storms move across the area. And that's the same story for the rest of the week. Potential for severe storms, splash flooding almost all of Southeast Texas and everyone's watching for that hail, those damaging winds, even a few tornadoes. I hate to say it. All this weather, though, is bringing the temperature down.
Speaker 5: Okay, we like that.
Speaker 7: We like that, and we continue to watch with the weather. The developing story. I don't know if y'all have seen that ten year old girl in Brenham that was swept away in the rising water yesterday. I saw land crews working through the night, but even the police that were attempting to search for her were swept away yesterday and they were later rescued.
Speaker 5: But just be safe everyone.
Speaker 7: Obviously we're thinking about her family and all of those first responders. The Trump administration announced yesterday a new plan to encourage undocumented immigrants to leave the US voluntarily.
Speaker 5: Yes, the Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 7: Listen, they're offering a free airline ticket and one thousand dollars if you sign up to self deport.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you think deal else?
Speaker 7: People have done it so far with another program similar, But yeah, they're just going to roll at this one and push it a little bit harder.
Speaker 5: We'll see.
Speaker 7: Don't forget it's teacher appreciation week. I totally spaced it. I had some other things going on yesterday. We talked about it with What a Burger. They're spoiling teachers all week, but teachers have it rough all year long.
Speaker 3: They have a hard job, Well, they have an easy summer.
Speaker 8: That's that's fair.
Speaker 7: There's a new poll about the toughest jobs in America.
Speaker 5: So you're saying teachers shouldn't be on there.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's dealing with these dealing with these kids.
Speaker 5: Of course they pre parents that they have to deal with. That's the worst part. I think.
Speaker 7: Please, they're considering things in this poll with physical demand, hours, high stake a decision making, and danger as an element. So what would you think?
Speaker 4: Well, I would think that there's got to be some other jobs that may be even more dangerous than teachers on this list.
Speaker 5: Teachers ranked sixteenth on the list.
Speaker 4: Okay, so laggers are always really high on the list, interesting bloggers. And then you had to think first responders firefighters.
Speaker 5: Firefighters was number one.
Speaker 3: Military is a job, so that should be high on number three. Okay, that makes sense, this tough thing.
Speaker 5: You're not on this list?
Speaker 6: Rough?
Speaker 4: Nope, I didn't think DJing, the morning show host would be on there.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: Hey, I know alex is our met Gala go to, But did you.
Speaker 7: See Rihanna last night? She was popping and she announced she's pregnant. And if that's a little confusing to you, it's because she's always pregnant, like she was, had her first son in twenty twenty two, another in twenty three, and now she's pregnant again.
Speaker 4: She looked great. She looked great, I saw. So we've got a blog page up for this. And then there was all these met Gala the looks and everything.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know who looked really good. Some own biles.
Speaker 7: She got a lot of crap online rock Why, I don't know. The keyboard warriors like to get after her.
Speaker 3: Her arms, her guns.
Speaker 5: Her body is banging.
Speaker 3: She had the gun show out at the met Galla last night, so I don't know why they were hating on her.
Speaker 4: You can see her on the The met Gallas got its own blog page today with Rihanna.
Speaker 5: Okay, very nice. Can you tell me the t you When it comes to Oasis, the band, well, the.
Speaker 4: Brothers hate each other. Yeah, why don't ever get into a band with brothers? Don't play cards with brothers.
Speaker 8: It worked for Hanson, Yeah, for Hanson and.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe the only ones.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so Oasis getting back together after some twenty years of being a part. The brothers hate each other, so everyone's wondering, what's that bl October gets together, they get along, But the question is, can these guys share a dressing room?
Speaker 3: Or they going to be separated out on tour. I don't know how it's going to work well.
Speaker 7: People are placing vets like can it happen? Will they be separated? Apparently the tabloids are saying that concert organizers for this reunion tour are doing everything to keep them totally separate, like separate rooms, separate meet and greet, separate after parties.
Speaker 3: Is there so much money on the table you don't want them to implode?
Speaker 5: What are your bets? What's the over under?
Speaker 4: I have tickets to go see them in Mexico City, Oh Da.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they're gonna make it though, you know, do they get along on stage? Like fake it till you make it sort of situation?
Speaker 3: Sometimes sometimes not. I don't know. Nobody knows. It's been twenty years.
Speaker 5: I almost go just for the t rod. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, alex Well.
Speaker 10: The Astros lost the Brewers last night, five to one. They're back at five hundred on this season. They're gonna play the Brewers again tonight, Hayden was Nesky from sam Houston State will be on the map for this rows. He's going up against Milwaukee's Chad Patrick. First pitches at six forty and you can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety News Radio seven forty kh. In the NBA Playoffs last night, the Knicks came back from twenty points down to beat the Celtics one o eight to one oh five, and the Nuggets upset the Thunder one twenty one to one nineteen to take a one to lead in that series. In the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Maple Leafs got by the Panthers five to four in Game one of that series.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports all right. Here we go four hours of pain. Who wants the first phone call? Come get it?
Speaker 4: Seven one three two one two five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, ninety four or five Buzz out of the gate, e Van Essence, Paul McCoy, Bring Me to Life, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: Happy tattoouesday day number two of the New mo era of The rod Ryan Show. She came in for a second time. Uh I was wondering I didn't talk to her this morning. I talked to you yesterday just to make sure you were coming in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just to make sure you can get in the building. Everything all right. I felt like I.
Speaker 4: Needed to call you today too. And then I'm like, I want, like, is this guy gonna call me every day?
Speaker 8: Stop?
Speaker 3: So I was happy to see you walk in through the door. Thank you, Good to see you.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Is your email working?
Speaker 5: My email's working, my laptop is not okay. But then I get an email.
Speaker 3: Moatthebuzz dot com. Yes, message you'll see it, okay. I mean you just opened yourself up to a whole new world. That all right. You've already discussed this.
Speaker 4: Forty percent chance of rain cloudy showers today high have eighty three tonight, sixty percent chance of some scattered thunderstorm, So it could be a little nasty out there throughout the day.
Speaker 3: Steve the bread Man, he's up early. He's going for win number two, fresh out of bad hit.
Speaker 4: Two Head Challenge and Buzzfest tickets are coming your way in homeroom, Risk it for the biscuit Day two. That chick could have won a thousand dollars yesterday, Alex, right out day one, you put the thousand.
Speaker 3: Dollars one in there? Yeah you didn't think I went get no explosion on a Monday. She stopped at what six hundred yesterday?
Speaker 4: So yeah, you you have a chance to win up to one thousand dollars, but you don't want to hang in there too long in case that explosion hits you get no cash. But our friends the Texas Hammer have hooked us up with some money to give to you guys, So risk it for the biscuit is coming at seven twenty That.
Speaker 6: Time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 4: All right, looks like Kaylin is up early. Kaylin, good morning, Good morning, Hi, how are you today?
Speaker 11: We're good.
Speaker 12: My daughter she's been begging me to call since the first time I let her call.
Speaker 1: You, uh was a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 12: She's like, Mom, you have to call every day, and so we called this morning.
Speaker 4: Tell me tell me your daughter's name again, Kaylin, Dallas.
Speaker 3: It's Dallas.
Speaker 13: Yes, all right?
Speaker 3: Is Dallas right there?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 3: You is Dallas. Can you hear me? Yes? How old are you? Dallas?
Speaker 4: You've been bugging your mom to call the radio station? Yes, so that you're eight, that puts you in second grade.
Speaker 9: I'm in third grade.
Speaker 4: Holy Canoley's third grade?
Speaker 3: Man, fourth grade?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, yeah, you only got about another month of school left, got it?
Speaker 3: Now? What are you going to do this summer?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 5: Do you say this my star?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: You did?
Speaker 3: Oh you did all your star testing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I was just wondering. You only got a little bit of school left, and then you got summer coming up. Do you have any plans for this summer?
Speaker 12: U going on vacation to a Surrey starting to my grandma's and Papa's.
Speaker 3: Oh it sounds like the best summer ever, summer vacation.
Speaker 4: I feel like I was at your age. I was already working. I don't know berg I had a summer job already.
Speaker 3: I might have started. I don't remember how old I was. I was a delivered paper so early. Yeah, the work of my whole life.
Speaker 4: Listen, Dallas, you're awesome. Let's grind out this last couple of weeks of school, all right, and then summer was just around the corner. Okay, you sir, Okay, you're awesome.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Kaylin, thank you, Dallas.
Speaker 4: You gotta take a short break when we come back in a rect check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 9: Rock and Altar and very soon Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 3: Twenty four or five, the buzz, All right, are we doing traffic?
Speaker 8: She doing traffic?
Speaker 3: Doing traffic? All doing traffic?
Speaker 8: Everybody's doing trafs?
Speaker 3: All right, Good morning everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 4: Happy tattooesday, that's our Instagram feature. We have a forty percent chance of rain with cloudy skies throughout the day, now sixty percent chants even higher, uh scattered.
Speaker 3: Thunderstorms for tonight.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of gonna be just one of those kind of rainy, nasty looking days outside before we get ready for a fresh out of bed head to head, Alex, what do you see that's trending over there?
Speaker 3: Teacher Appreciation Day? Yeah, heard of it.
Speaker 10: Yeah day we appreciate teachers to shout out, So all the teachers out there who're gonna stop listening to us in like twenty days la summer.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll come back to us.
Speaker 10: Psyche the heroes, they drop us again, like look, welcome, I'm back they drop.
Speaker 3: Us pretty hard. Yeah, they drop us pretty hard for the summer.
Speaker 8: You do, I know, it's nine easy jobs.
Speaker 10: Mecalla is trending. People talk about the met Gala. What was your favorite fashion statement?
Speaker 8: I mean, you know they were all so great. What was when Lehanna? You talked about her? What I'm gonna go is She's also trending.
Speaker 10: She announced that she'spectant with her third child before the met Gala last night.
Speaker 3: I don't know that there was an announcement other than her belly walking in. Yeah. I think that.
Speaker 10: Was just trying to super like do the super Bowl halftime show thing again, like here's my belly again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she looked great. There's a blog page up for that.
Speaker 8: That's a trending.
Speaker 3: A night by the buzz. All right, thank.
Speaker 14: You, Good morning everybody. This is Steve the Breadman and I am you're fresh out of bed head to head one day. Champion black Blake came in to be a Walm pump chump to get toasted by the bread Men.
Speaker 11: Join me on Tuesday. That make it make it win number two.
Speaker 3: It is all right.
Speaker 4: Redman wanted no help on that victory speech. You get it all on his own uh, can you beat him? Are you sure rper than the bread man? Are you quicker than the bread man? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. If you want to play, here's the Offspring.
Speaker 3: The kids aren't all right on the Buzz ninety four five. The Buzz is good morning, rod Ryan Show. It's our guys, the Offspring. It's Tattooesday. If you go to the world.
Speaker 4: Famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com, you'll see that it's Tatuesday. You'll see the looking at Girls blog page, music blog page, and more to be added.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's Alex's six picks from yesterday. Still up? Alex's six picks? Chillis six picks? I don't know his niece Mo, you're gonna have six picks this weekend? No pressure, you're pressure.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, why a y'all making it like it's such are it?
Speaker 3: It's like pressure? What am I gonna take pictures? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy you're here. I said that at several times yesterday. But the fact that you just said, what's the big deal about taking six pictures and coming in on Monday?
Speaker 3: I don't know. These guys are acting like if I arrest you, if they're not good and if you're not doing anything for a week, and they make it sound like I'm making them work all weekend. It's just like something.
Speaker 8: HI need overtime.
Speaker 15: All right, let's play a game, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 3: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 16: Redman, good morning, Red Ryan fam.
Speaker 3: What you got in the back of the truck? Are you in the truck this morning? When you play.
Speaker 11: Yesterday?
Speaker 14: I wasn't say I am. I just finished my waterburger delivery.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so you had all those shout out Yeah, so you had all like the buns, the rolls.
Speaker 14: You mouns and toast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 8: He's sitting in a loaf of bread.
Speaker 3: Red, you're taking on bread Man. You're taking on Rosie Rose. Hey, good morning. I should say, welcome back, Rosie. It's been a couple of years since you played.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, Well, did you have any success when you played.
Speaker 3: With us before?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 5: Hopefully today that.
Speaker 3: Stings though, Right, it's been years you've been waiting to get back on here. All right, Well, let's fix it. It's the bread Man You're taking on.
Speaker 14: All right, Hey, I can barely hear her.
Speaker 4: Oh you can barely hear her. Okay, let me fix that, ROSI. Would you say how to the bread man?
Speaker 3: Good morning, breadman?
Speaker 11: Good luck there she is, Thank you luck, Rosie?
Speaker 4: All right, shout out your name. When you think you know the answer. You're playing for a rod Ryan Show t shirt.
Speaker 3: Today. Here comes the questions, Rosie. You ready?
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, bread man, let's go. Question number one? What is the highest number you can roll with a standard.
Speaker 3: Pair of dice?
Speaker 13: Roby?
Speaker 4: That's Steve, the bread man that chimed in first, Go ahead, Steve, twelve, twelve is a correct answer, Okay, twelve?
Speaker 3: How that's still twelve? Right with the dice? Sixes two sixes, twelve that's the highest? Yeah? Howe rolled of thirteen in Vegas two weeks ago. I don't know. I still I don't know what. Somebody maybe slip me something. Okay, next question, Rosie, you gotta step it up. You gotta be quicker.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 3: I wasn't yelling at you. I was just saying quicker. Felt bad right after I said that.
Speaker 4: All Right, here we go, Rosie, Steve, Oh, okay, which Las Vegas hotel is known for their dancing fountains, which are off.
Speaker 3: Steve Blagio, show me the belag Yeah, yeah, the dancing fountains.
Speaker 4: See what's that question? Is making it any easier? Hotel is known for their dancing fountains, which are often choreographed to music and light. Yeah, the Bolagio, Rosie, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Rosie. I wasn't good.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't wait two years though, come back and play sooner. All right, all right, thank you, all right, thank you, Rosie. Steve the Breadman, that's a T shirt for you and an invitation to join us tomorrow on the show. Do you want to play again? Yeah? Fair little forward to it? Okay, dude, nice game.
Speaker 17: You're listening to The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the Bus.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show on a tat Tuesday, wakey, wakey, hands off snaking. That's mo right there. I see a lot of you are still kind of checking everything out. Everything's kind of new and shiny. We're on Facebook live at rod Ryan's show on YouTube.
Speaker 4: I did see a lot of new people on there. I saw a lot of people that you know.
Speaker 3: We talked to it tomorrow yesterday all morning long, and then we'll talk to her for the next couple of years. But we said that you came from another radio station, you were working at the pool, and you were ten years in this market, and so many people I saw and I told you a little bit. I don't normally you're talking about.
Speaker 4: What Kerry Underwood had, the post and ghosts post and ghost Yes, she said she learned that from Joe Rogan. She posts something and then she never reads the comments.
Speaker 3: I kind of do that.
Speaker 4: I was told, if you see three or four nice comments, then just get out. I did go back and look at our Instagram picture yesterday, the one that Chili took with all of us in the morning, and I read the and I couldn't believe the positivity. I even talked about it with Wizard and I said, I mean, you know, I look at Alex.
Speaker 3: What he does on the internet, look at what he does on the end. You need people like people? Do you need people like you need me on that wall? I don't. It was great. It was awesome to see the comments. Lots of new people, people excited that welcome You're back on the radio.
Speaker 15: Hey, same champion yesterday, the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge.
Speaker 3: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 14: Good morning everybody, there's a Steve the Breadman. I am your fresh out of bed head ahead two day winner Rod asking questions about dice and found at the makes you want to book a trip to Vegas?
Speaker 3: Join me on a wild card.
Speaker 14: Wines to make a win number three bitches.
Speaker 4: Okay, Buzzfest tickets coming your way on the flashback, but I brought in some fresh facts for you.
Speaker 3: It's the fun back to the day.
Speaker 18: We make you look smart in front of your body's It's the fun back to the day.
Speaker 3: Captain Cash now in the studio with us? Did you mean Mo?
Speaker 6: Mo?
Speaker 19: Yes, she's awesome, pretty cool? You met me boys in the locker room here? Anymore little class on this show?
Speaker 3: Hell? Are you familiar with the Bugatti Veyron? Not familiar enough? Wasn't that? Does anybody remember? Moe? Included?
Speaker 4: There was video of a guy maybe he was coming from Galveston and he purposely drove his super expensive three hundred thousand dollars car in.
Speaker 3: The waters like a couple of million dollars.
Speaker 4: Maybe that was it too, but it was an insurance thing. Yes, that was a Bugatti Veyron.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I'm saying it wrong.
Speaker 4: So it's got a top speed of two hundred and fifty four miles per hour. At that speed it gets three miles per gallon. Yeah, there was some kids driving on I think the Gold Freeway and they just happened to be filming. They're like, they saw the car and they were they knew what they were looking at. And then as they're filming, the guy just drove it into the water. He said that maybe he said a bird gout in his way or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anybody ever seen a dryer sheet labeled as vegan? No? Again, this kind of goes.
Speaker 4: With that weird we were talking about the cap on meat in it.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the deal.
Speaker 4: One of the key ingredients in most dryer sheets is beef fat. That is, the dryer sheets are coated in beef fat to help make the close softer. Really so, there are some people that will not use them, So there are vegan dryer sheets out there. Finally, it is impossible to poison a possum.
Speaker 3: That's neat. Say poison apossums three times, dad joke.
Speaker 4: They produce some sort of a protein that basically neutralizes any poison that enters their body. So scientists are saying, wow, this is pretty awesome, and they're trying to use it to build some sort of universal poison antidote for people.
Speaker 3: But we might be all saved by possums one day.
Speaker 18: It's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart body, it's.
Speaker 3: The fun back to the day, all right.
Speaker 4: Buzzfest Tickets Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion. You can get your tickets now at ticketmaster dot com or if you want to join us out there, you can win them right now.
Speaker 3: By the way, Tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Eight twenty is when we will announce the local band and that we'll be opening up for Chevell Marilyn Manson, Blue October, Pod Evans, Blue Stabbing Westwards, Sleep Theory.
Speaker 3: Flashback. It's your puns? What did we ask you? Yester? How about this?
Speaker 4: There are four point five trillion of these littered every year. Yuck seven one three, two two nine four five. If you know the flashback, it's.
Speaker 3: Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. There's the money guy right there, high money guy, brother Rod. How you doing on Wall Street yesterday? Well, we just took a breather.
Speaker 19: The Dow was down ninety eight points kick off this morning at forty one and eighteen. Nasdaq lost one hundred and thirty three points to seventeen thousand and eight forty four bitchmore ten Your treasurers are trading at a four point three five percent and oil stands at fifty eight dollars twenty nine cents a barrow to the most actives of the big studs IBM, United Health and Mickey D's, the big duds Apples, Chevron and Nike.
Speaker 3: On the and on the calendar.
Speaker 19: This morning, we'll get the numbers on the US trade deficit for March. Right now features barely on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 3: That's it. I'm out here. This is Hallan Manage the director with Raymond James porter for the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 19: From Raymond James on Sam Felipe, I think I staid no for the toys rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 17: Opinions express are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates. Thank come Ember nyt as, IBC, I ART Radio or IT sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end.
Speaker 6: This programs are educational and informational purposes. On the studs duds are based on movement, as reported by Young ninety four.
Speaker 3: To five The buzz Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. All right, we're flashing back to.
Speaker 4: Yesterday's fun facts. David's on the phone. Good morning, morning morning. How are we all doing great?
Speaker 3: David?
Speaker 4: Thank you, Good to have you in homeroom. There are roughly four point five trillion of these littered every year.
Speaker 3: What are they?
Speaker 19: A big cigarette buds?
Speaker 3: Oh you're smoking. Check you're littering. Check flags everywhere, red flags all over the place. David, congratulations, you want to party with us at Buzzfest? Hell? Yeah, Mo, are you coming to Buzzfest? And I bid you are?
Speaker 20: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you have to be there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'll be there.
Speaker 4: Sure, All right, we're all gonna be at Buzzfest. Now, David's going to be there with us. Dude, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I'm pumped. I am and tomorrow like I said, thank you David.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow we're going to find out what local band is going to be opening things up. We'll make that announcement at eight twenty tomorrow.
Speaker 12: Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five the Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Getting ninety four point five to the bus station from iHeartRadio The.
Speaker 15: Rod Bryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five The.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz that's Finger eleven and Paralyzer. Good morning everybody, Rod Ryan's Show beat tat Tuesday.
Speaker 4: My buddy Mike Stands. I see that he's chiming in. He's watching us on Facebook at Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: He said, oh, sorry, he missed the bus this morning. It was a little late to home room. But he's still here all right. Good to have you. Mike Stands all the way from north Tonawanda, New York, chiming in this morning. Still getting a lot of great comments.
Speaker 4: It's mo over there, and some people are tuning in for the very first time, and uh, this one here says on my way to the gym, listening to you guys for the first time, back after a couple of weeks listening hearing the new girl.
Speaker 3: I like her. She keeps it real.
Speaker 5: It's good and bad.
Speaker 3: You keep it real.
Speaker 5: Can you handle it?
Speaker 3: That's from Credit Omega. Is that your name?
Speaker 8: Thanks Credit, Thank you, but it's spelled k R E D I T.
Speaker 3: Is that a name? Good morning, everybody. Thank you so much for tuning in. Appreciate you guys joining us in homeroom. I was just telling Mo how much I like the people at homeroom, and I like him. I like him more than everyone else. He did.
Speaker 5: You picked a favorite child.
Speaker 4: But don't tell people that just listened to the seven or in the eight of the night. They get upset and I deny it. I tell people in the seven and the eight o'clock hour. I never said I like the people in the six o'clock hour better.
Speaker 3: Hi, Lie, I don't care. I can't. I can't have them upset with me. But I like you guys the best.
Speaker 4: So thank you for being up early with us. Most got Houston's headlines.
Speaker 7: Yes, good morning, rain, even hail yesterday, and that's good.
Speaker 3: Any hale you have if I got hale at my house, No, just rain.
Speaker 7: There was a lot downtown, but they were showing it on the news, and it's the same story for today, Hail, damaging winds, maybe a few tornadoes. All of that is helping to bring the temperatures down, which we enjoy, but be aware we're continuing to watch that developing story. You saw in Brenda, that ten year old that was swept away in the rising water yesterday. Land Cruise worked overnight and I know early this morning they got people back out there attempting to find this young girl. Thinking about obviously her family and the first responders. Right Aid filed for a second bankruptcy in two years.
Speaker 3: Do we have around here?
Speaker 7: We don't, but it makes me wonder about that industry, Like do you still go into a pharmacy?
Speaker 4: I do, and I do, and I think it's important we talk about this for your prescription medicine. As a matter of fact, I picked up something for London yesterday.
Speaker 21: Okay, the brown bags that are back there, Yes, I don't see the brick and mortars ever going away. I know there's a million, but I know that there's you know, like Amazon, I think has their own prescriptions.
Speaker 3: Now I'll mail it to I think it's important.
Speaker 4: That we have a Walgreens and a CBS on the corner and right eight is a big thing up north.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't see him down here, but I think the CBS is and the Walgreens are the ones that are just taking over and it's too much for the little guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so right, a, sorry about you, and I'm sorry about you.
Speaker 8: To Skype.
Speaker 5: Did you see this? Rest in peace? Skype is officially dead.
Speaker 7: Microsoft actually killed it off yesterday with an effort to make us all go to the Microsoft team's platform.
Speaker 4: That's what we use here, right, Teams me, I mean, Wizard likes to come in for the meetings.
Speaker 3: But every now and then you're like, oh, well it'll.
Speaker 5: Be or it's touch on teams. I had to do a teams meeting with someone from HR yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh really yeah, all right, yeah, we use teams. What's the other one? Zoom? Yeah, usually using Zoom podcasts and stuff.
Speaker 5: You know, you don't use Skype. Qust in peace?
Speaker 3: Skype's done? Yell.
Speaker 5: Jennifer Amiston fans, Yeah, who's not.
Speaker 8: Yes, damn coach.
Speaker 7: She's in the news this morning because a dude crashed through the gate at her house on purpose. Okay, And this stuff scares me just for like the security of celebrities like this she was home and this guy in his seventies was arrested, charged with felony vandalism. His minor criminal history has nothing to do with Jennifer, Like, he's not a stalker. So they're wondering what exactly was going on. I think a man in his seventies. Maybe it was an accident, but they're saying, no, he did this on purpose. And Jennifer apparently has security twenty four to seven because the security held this guy into the police game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of scared.
Speaker 8: Seventies though at your house, I know, I feel bad.
Speaker 5: Big congrats to Ghost.
Speaker 7: They were the first hard rock band in over four years to top Billboard's Albums charts, their first time at the top, and the first hard rock album to do so since acdc's Power Up in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: That's crazy that they had a number one album. Wait the album?
Speaker 5: Did you see?
Speaker 7: The numbers on the album is huge. It'll be six thousand in the first week.
Speaker 4: So that would be not a great number of years ago, but right now that's a pretty good number and.
Speaker 5: It's sold Yeah yeah, guess so.
Speaker 4: Yeah for a rock band, for a metal band, whatever it is, I mean, for really not a lot of airplay either. They've just got crazy fans. They're coming to the Toyota Center.
Speaker 5: Yeah in August.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tickets are available. I don't think we're giving away tickets this week. Last week we gave way ghost tickets. What I did want to mention.
Speaker 3: That there is a ghost massage device.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah about that? It sold out. Rod, don't get people excited for things they can't guess.
Speaker 7: Okay, it would have been perfect for Mother's Day, if you know what Rod is saying.
Speaker 3: Sold out, fiveboll five hundred. Yeah, we should talk about it.
Speaker 8: The Houston's headline, all right, sports guy.
Speaker 10: Well, the Astros lost to the Brewers last night, five to one. That played the Brewers again tonight. Hayden was Nesky from Sam Houston's gonna be on the mound for the Stros going up against Milwaukee's Chad Patrick.
Speaker 3: First pitches at six forty.
Speaker 10: And you can listen to that one over on our sister stations at Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty k t H. In basketball, the NBA Playoffs continued last night and the Knicks came back from twenty points down to beat the Celtics one O eight to one oh five and the Nuggets upset the Thunder one twenty one to one nineteen and the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Speaker 3: Well, hang on it because you're my Met Gala guy. No, I'm not. Wasn't wasn't Lebron James supposed to be a part of that. Somebody somewhere he was hurt. He was too injured to go to the Met Gala, like the stepson of.
Speaker 5: Those tickets are seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: It was like a guy. I was like on like the advisory board or something.
Speaker 8: I did not know that you're the met guy.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 8: Metcala guy, look at you all night watching guy?
Speaker 3: You were streaming it.
Speaker 10: I was watching this though, instead of the MEAC the Stanley Cap playoffs. The maple LEAs got by the Panthers five to four to take a one to ozer lead in that series.
Speaker 8: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: I think his wife still showed up to hold it down. The queen was the Ronnie there hold it.
Speaker 10: I don't know Ronnie should have filled in and who was a good son? He would have filled in for his dad. Okay, thank you for all that Met Gala update. There's a link up on links and guests. You want to see the looks from the met Gala.
Speaker 3: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The.
Speaker 6: Rod The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or.
Speaker 3: Five ninety four or five, The Buzz, Red, Hot Chili Peppers, and Under the Bridge, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. I don't know if you know that or not, Mo, but that band's from California? Really did you know that?
Speaker 5: I don't think I ever thought about it?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Alex is desperately looking for what.
Speaker 4: Well, we had a song just to make sure that everybody knew that they were from California.
Speaker 3: But it might have been. Alex is the fourth guy to do this job.
Speaker 4: Okay, so everything that's been entered into all of our old bits and everything, everybody entered things different.
Speaker 5: Oh like labeled it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so whatever, they labeled it as right, hot Chili Peppers or California or whatever.
Speaker 3: So I'm assuming that was in before your time, Alex. That's older than ten years.
Speaker 8: Maybe, I don't know. I can't remember what it is though.
Speaker 3: All Right, we'll ze if we can find it. We got plenty of time today to sneak that in. Guys. Good morning.
Speaker 4: Sorry, it's a little nasty outside. It's like a skanky weather day, So about forty percent chance of the clouds and the showers like during the day when we're gonna spend our time together. Sixty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms later, but it's kind of like a throughout the day type of thing, So risk it for the biscuit is coming up, So I'm super excited about that. I did forget about how the fun facts this morning. We talked about a Bugatti Veyron. I might be saying it right because nobody tore me apart for talking about it, but we talked about the top speed, what kind of miles per gallony kits, all of that stuff. Brandy sends an email. She's like, I'm listening to you as always on my drive in. I heard you talk about the the Bugatti, and I just had a fun fact about that car, and then we talked locally. There was a guy that drove it famously into the water, and there was some kids that were filming it at the time.
Speaker 3: So she remembers better than I do.
Speaker 4: She goes, you're talking about the Bugatti. Nobody ever mentions the funniest part about that video. The two guys that took the video, that were driving that took the Bugatti video. The song playing in the background is wrong way by Sublime. Maybe it's my sense of humor, but I find it hilarious given the entire dunk of that vehicle was an insurance scam. So thanks for always entertaining me on my way to work. Have a great week. The kids filming that Bugatti were listening to the buzz.
Speaker 8: Like actually, yeah, like you could hear.
Speaker 4: The buzz playing in the background. They were they were definitely listening to the bush.
Speaker 5: So cool, and that song was playing.
Speaker 3: Funny got about that element of that video. Absolutely. Okay, guys, hang in there. You could win one thousand dollars. Alex, you put it. You put the thousand dollars one in there. On day one, we're playing this dollar. We literally just said, I did say.
Speaker 4: The way that the game works, risk it for the biscuit with our friends over at the Texas Hammer.
Speaker 3: You can win up to one thousand dollars. But I don't know where you would stop today, Alex put the There was no explosion yesterday.
Speaker 4: I think, oh yeah, that chick could have won a thousand dollars yesterday. This is the one where the fuse is going.
Speaker 3: And you got the Texas Hammer and he's given you money and one hundred dollars increments, and you're on live.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to tell me when to stop. If you tell me to stop at all. If that chick had not said stop yesterday, it could have gone to the thousand, and she could have taken all the cash. She seemed pretty damn happy with that six hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: And she should be. This is six hundred dollars yesterday.
Speaker 5: Happy Monday to her. I just Alex threw me off yesterday a full thousand. He really about Alex.
Speaker 10: The thing about it is, I would say that was generous of me, maybe one thousand dollars on the first day with balls.
Speaker 3: But then you're gonna have somebody on today thinking, oh, he's gonna do it again. I do I don't know. You know me. I don't know you you know me.
Speaker 5: I really don't.
Speaker 3: You definitely don't know me. All right. What we're gonna do on the flip of this break is we're gonna We're gonna get you guys calling in risk it for the biscuit.
Speaker 4: The Great Texas Hammers gave us all this cash to give to you guys.
Speaker 3: And it's right.
Speaker 4: It's it's properly advertised as your chance. You could possibly win one thousand dollars. But you take the money and run. Do you want to risk it for the biscuit? Where are you going to stop? I don't know, but we're gonna get you. Guys calling in after the break, so please stay.
Speaker 13: With us Rock and Alternative Ver Houston, The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 6: Show six to ten AM. The Buzz.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back, everybody.
Speaker 4: See the Tattooesday blog page is doing very very well right out of the gate.
Speaker 3: We're dealing with some weather today. For sure. It's gonna be just high chances of rain all throughout the day. It's gonna be one of those nasty days.
Speaker 4: And I know not one of you is gonna leave even two minutes early if I tell you so.
Speaker 3: Just be careful out on the roads. You're all pros.
Speaker 4: You know how to do this, all right, Alex, What do you see that is trending over there?
Speaker 10: Tattooesday is trending AMANDAM Houston is Sinus by listener Eli and people are checking her out at the world famous Rid Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Nice, Pamela Anderson is trending.
Speaker 8: Not really, Why I don't.
Speaker 10: I just see met Gala attached to the stuff with her.
Speaker 4: Acts like you don't know, we're up all night watching that pam Anderson.
Speaker 3: We have to celebrate her now, Listen. I used to be in love with Pamela and I thought she was the hottest.
Speaker 10: She's Canadian, and you're Canadian, well, obsessed with all the Canadian but it was pretty universally thought that she was the hottest chick on the planet for a number of years, for a lot of years actually.
Speaker 3: And now we have to celebrate. She wears no makeup. She's got some Dutch boy haircut.
Speaker 5: That's what's trending, is the haircut she debuted.
Speaker 3: Plus, why are you going out of your way to sabotage You're like one of the most beautiful people on the planet. I know she looks great. I'm adjusting for you, I'm adjusting her crown, but come on, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: The bans are bad.
Speaker 8: Those bangs are nasty, right, And then Justin Tucker is trending. The Ravens released their longtime kicker yesterday.
Speaker 3: He didn't have a problem with n Deshaun Watson. Like I read about this.
Speaker 5: There was some massage things.
Speaker 10: Allegedly allegedly all but yes, very similar to the Deshaun Watson and allegations.
Speaker 8: But yeah, he's now released.
Speaker 10: They had drafted a kicker too, so that was probably the reason they said that it was strictly football decisions, right right, that's a training napified the bus, All right?
Speaker 22: Do you have what it takes to risk it for the biscuit? With Ron Ryan on ninety four or five the buzz I.
Speaker 3: Love that man. I love that man.
Speaker 5: He's so sweet.
Speaker 4: So those are our friends Texas Hammer. Okay, you guys all know that he gave us some cash to give to you, and we call it risk it for the Biscuit. As scary as it is for me. Alex is in charge of putting these things in here, and I play along with you, guys. I don't know where this thing is gonna explode, if it's going to explode, but you're going to hear mister Adler give you one hundred dollars at a time. If you're the lucky person on the line, you can hang in there. You can risk it for the biscuit. You can hang in there for as long as you like. You tell us to stop and you lock in that cash. If it explodes, you.
Speaker 3: Get nothing if you want to risk it for the biscuit. Seven one, three, two two five nine four five. Now's the time to call good luck for the biscuity.
Speaker 11: We don't need your attitude.
Speaker 8: We have one of our own, The Rod Ryan Show on nine of US.
Speaker 3: Ninety four to five, The Boss. Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's three days Grace and just like you, wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky Chatham C says, I find myself saying, wow, that's a lot of.
Speaker 4: Money anytime I see something that's costly when i'm out.
Speaker 3: Wow, now I'm gonna be doing that. Thank you. Obviously he's ready, I'm ready. We can't wait to go. We got risk it for the biscuit coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 4: But yeah, skanky weather today it's just rain, cloudy showers, scattered thunderstorms, I mean, all the nasty stuff all throughout.
Speaker 3: The day today. Like you, you mentioned the hail. Apparently it was hail downtown. I don't think that I got any of that near my house. But just yeah, just the rain, nasty outside, Alex, are you done doing what you need to do? I'm Are we ready to play the game?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We are. It's time for risk it for the biscuit, Risk it for the biscuit?
Speaker 5: Music again?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you ready to risk it for the biscuit? Good morning rod Ryan's Show?
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hello, who is this? Good morning? Good morning to you? Hi, Cheryl? How are you today?
Speaker 5: Okay, Cheryl?
Speaker 4: Of all the things you could do with us, you want to get in here for risk it for the biscuit?
Speaker 12: Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: My heart's pounding through my chest right now. Okay, I can't handle it. I'm nervous. I'm scared. I'm nervous for you. I want you to I want you to win. I want you to win so much money. I want you to win so much money.
Speaker 7: Today yesterday you asked if the lady had a number in mind?
Speaker 5: Surel what are you thinking?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: What are we putting out into universe?
Speaker 3: I want to know the number, though, I don't want to know the number. No, no, I don't want to here's the thing, because out then I'll get trigger happy over here. I don't want to know the number. But fair question is, do you have a number in your head, Cheryl, I do okay, okay, So so her biscuit has a price.
Speaker 5: All of our biscuits have a price.
Speaker 8: Raw to see how valuable?
Speaker 3: You see how valuable your biscuits are.
Speaker 5: She's an expensive girl. I can tell.
Speaker 4: Alex says that he's ready to go. I am ready to Cheryl.
Speaker 12: All ready.
Speaker 4: You're going to hear the Texas hammer and he's going to be giving you money in one hundred dollars increments.
Speaker 3: You tell me when you want me to stop. Okay, okay, oh boy, Cheryl, let me hear you. I want to hear what does it sound like when you say stop? Go Okay? That's what I'm going to stop.
Speaker 5: She knows what she wants.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to stop right there. All right, here we go, Cheryl. I wish you the best speed. Here we go. There it is okay, it's lit.
Speaker 12: Let's do this.
Speaker 3: One hundred dollars. Okay, That money's yours. Two hundred dollars, that's your, Cheryl, three hundred dollars. It's all yours, four hundred dollars. That's a lot of money. Did she say something? Did you say stop?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: Give her something?
Speaker 3: All right, I've heard something. Just keep going.
Speaker 20: Then I thought that's why I you you did not.
Speaker 3: You man, you were risk it just got a high priced biscuit. Risky, lady, What what.
Speaker 12: Way I gotta let brisket today? I guess what, girl?
Speaker 3: What was your number in your head? What was it?
Speaker 5: I was going for eight?
Speaker 3: You were going for eight hundred.
Speaker 5: Oh man, that's okay. You started with nothing and you're leaving with nothing.
Speaker 12: So Cheryl, you throw me some bus tickets. I'm just saying, I love.
Speaker 8: Cheryl.
Speaker 3: I don't like this, but I have to say goodbye to you. I like that you brush for the biscuit. You just hung in there a little too long. And Alex wow, four hundred. So night, ye man, yet a thousand last time? So sorry, I have the wrong guy in charge over here.
Speaker 6: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four, the bus, don't tumble, pilots, wicked garden.
Speaker 4: I'm ninety four or five to bus, wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakes.
Speaker 3: Nasty weather. Today, I got seven thirty two.
Speaker 4: I got a pissed off listener about my makeup free comments already listening forever, Yeah, but listen.
Speaker 3: List It's day one. I'm ticked off. I haven't worn daily makeup in over ten years. That's cool. I don't have an attitude for it. I think it's funny.
Speaker 4: When when people are called brave for not wearing makeup. I guess I have a different definition of bravery. Like going into a building and pulling a dog out is brave. Going makeup free to the met.
Speaker 3: Gala is not really brave.
Speaker 10: And if you don't do the saving somebody from a fire, then you have to figure out what else you can.
Speaker 5: Say it's brave, Like the standard is lower.
Speaker 4: I thought it was very brave of us to give you guys all the lifeboats on the Titanic.
Speaker 3: Okay, pretty brave you guys. You know, women and children just never mind about us. It's kind of braves brave.
Speaker 10: The rod doesn't where to pay every day to be your bald self for the whole world.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, sorry, Sherry, And it's awesome that you're not wearing makeup.
Speaker 3: That's cool, that's cool, all right.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean to make anybody upset today.
Speaker 11: Uh, I don't.
Speaker 3: How is that trick feeling that won no money from us? How is she feeling right now? Is she mad?
Speaker 5: Miss Cheryl?
Speaker 3: Is she play the game?
Speaker 4: It's risk it for the biscuit. If she's mad at anybody. Alex is somewhat in charge of where the explosion?
Speaker 10: You got mad at me for a thousand yesterday.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a little like you know, I mean, Bolt thought it was.
Speaker 10: A little like you're mad at a thousand. Now you're mad at what are you going to be happy with? I don't be happy. I know I can't make at Alex.
Speaker 5: You're so brave.
Speaker 3: I'm over here with Sherry. Piss off, all right, m A, I drive through? What mo? What is your fast food? Drive through? No judging here? You're brave, judge away. People are telling me, is there AI ordering right now? Places where you go? Tell me?
Speaker 4: I don't go through the drive throughs? And I'm not talking about that. As a superior human, I am so much.
Speaker 3: Better than you. Poses Is there not somebody in the speaker anymore that's talking to you?
Speaker 7: There's a person in the speaker, or maybe it's a computer, but there's that person. Is not inside the building that you are driving through?
Speaker 3: Is that everywhere?
Speaker 5: It feels like it everywhere? Maybe not Chick fil A?
Speaker 8: Okay, Yeah, they're outside, they're outside.
Speaker 5: They're loving you, they're praying for you.
Speaker 3: What about like canes, like, hey, hey, who wants some chicken today? Is that coming from a robot?
Speaker 8: Headsets?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like Taco Bell, which is where I.
Speaker 4: Go artificial intelligence, they say it's it's obviously it's really taking over jobs. In fast food, employees have to intervene twenty two percent of the time.
Speaker 3: So we're not there yet.
Speaker 5: They mess up.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, we're not there yet, So I'll just.
Speaker 10: Make the aim mad that we're intervening, and then you know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Kirk, They take over the world.
Speaker 4: Do you care if you're let's just let's throw Taco Bell out there.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Do you care if a human being is taking your order? Or do if it's AI?
Speaker 3: Do you care?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Right, as long as your orders right.
Speaker 8: So I like stimulating the economy. I think that a human being should be doing it, not an AI. Think it's gonna kill me one day.
Speaker 4: What if there's faster service, improved deficiency, and overall better customer satisfaction.
Speaker 3: That's the that's the whole thing of anim robot. That's you. And you got a little bugaboo about the robots.
Speaker 8: What is it I've seen? Have you seen Terminator?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, but if it gets you through the line quicker, is it great film?
Speaker 3: That's the question.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: So right now, we're not there yet. There's a lot of employee intervening. The only thing that I can relate to is I will not and I'm sorry, and you can call me old man all day long. I have to have an employee intervene. Ninety percent of the time if I go through self.
Speaker 10: Checkout, so you always take a little treat for yourself and you don't care about.
Speaker 3: It, ninety percent of the time, I've had to have somebody come.
Speaker 5: Over and help you. Yes, yes, same. It's like I get it.
Speaker 4: I get it if you're buying one thing or even five things. But if you're buying produce, and then you got to go look up which lemons you bought, and then you.
Speaker 5: Got to get the organic ones or the mini ones or them.
Speaker 3: And I'm not getting the organic ones just fyi. But the whole thing of like some things you have to weigh and then you gotta get you.
Speaker 4: Gotta get involved, and I got to get somebody involved with me.
Speaker 3: The self checkout thing. I'm not there yet.
Speaker 7: They just closed it at Target. What do you mean they close self checkout because people were stealing. Yeah, it was like yesterday. It just happened at all Targets. They're working on phasing it out.
Speaker 3: Because that is a massive area now in Target.
Speaker 5: And now alex is happy because they're going to have to hire more people.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's good for the economy.
Speaker 3: There's people that work. This is always it was explained to me.
Speaker 8: Now you have four people that are running check out.
Speaker 3: It was explained to me that there is a crew of people that have to take care of those self checkout machines. There are people working there are it's employing people. Still, it's not unemploying people. There are people employed that have to maintain those things.
Speaker 5: Like one DeFore ratio, I don't get compared to it for I.
Speaker 8: Know, I like four people having jobs, said one person having a job. I am excuse me.
Speaker 3: I am all for getting rid of self checkout.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am all for getting rid of that and then the other thing that we've been talking about lately. And I just like I told you, I went to CBS yesterday to pick up my kids prescription. I just took a glance because I don't know that I'd been in there since we talked about it.
Speaker 3: Half the store is locked up. Half the store is locked.
Speaker 4: Up, just little chilly things, and I'm not going and didn't we say. One of the CEOs was really kind of they're crunching the numbers right now because sales.
Speaker 3: Are down because you don't want to I don't want help. I don't want the little thing unlocked. And then they're going to stand there and wait to figure out which toothpaste I'm which the odorant I'm buying, or what if I want to browse, and you can't because that person needs to get back up to the wherever because they're working on a skeleton crew to begin with.
Speaker 4: I am not bothering somebody for deodorant. I am not bothering somebody for toothpaste to unlock it. I'm just I just won't do it. That's going to force me to shop online more and have that stuff delivered right to my house, and I want to support the brick and mortars.
Speaker 3: I think it's.
Speaker 4: Important you were talking about right aid and applying for bankruptcy for the second time in seven months.
Speaker 3: We don't see a whole lot of right aids around here.
Speaker 4: But it's if you don't know, it's the equivalent of a CBS or in a Walgreens. And I think those stores are I think those stores are still.
Speaker 3: Needed in neighborhoods. I think they are. Do I have a.
Speaker 4: Fix for the amount of thefts and you know, and they're getting ripped off.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: Put everything behind glass is not gonna work for me either, to go into those places. So you're telling me that this is happening AI fast food everywhere. You feel like the person that's in the speaker is not a human a lot.
Speaker 5: Of the time.
Speaker 3: Three things you mut to see.
Speaker 10: Isn't there a robot to attack the person on there today?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: I think that's gonna be AI drive through.
Speaker 10: Guy's gonna jump out and attack you and you bitch about your order because it messed it up.
Speaker 3: Do you want that? Is that the future we want?
Speaker 10: No, it's gonna be one of those robot dogs, put a flamethrower on and then you just gonna be done.
Speaker 4: Just do whatever you can to stay in the morning slot. And this is gonna be the one. This is gonna be the one that's protected the law.
Speaker 3: August.
Speaker 4: Okay, everything else is gonna be AI. This here, this time period on the radio should remain human the longest. I'm not notice I'm not saying forever, okay, because it'll be It'll be either Ryan Seacrest or AI, one of those two things.
Speaker 3: So just hang here in mornings as long as you can.
Speaker 13: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Happy tattooesday everyone.
Speaker 3: How n't you got boxing tickets today?
Speaker 8: I do want to do that.
Speaker 3: Next hour, next hour. Okay, you got like front row tickets too, right, like the upcoming boxing match?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 3: Next hour in sports, he'll have those for you. So it's gonna make you wait just a little bit.
Speaker 4: Next hour, closer to around eight twenty, I'll hook you up with those shine Down tickets. The Dance Kid Dance Tour August twenty seven, Toyota Center.
Speaker 3: I've got tickets for you.
Speaker 4: Lots of emails pouring in, still nice comments for Mo. Did you say, Mo? Did you say on the air that you never saw the terminator?
Speaker 3: Yes, you never.
Speaker 8: Saw the Terminatorvies.
Speaker 7: I don't see movies. You can ask me any movie and I guarantee.
Speaker 5: You haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: He's like, what the hell are you guys doing over there?
Speaker 5: I know I have seen that.
Speaker 3: Never saw the Terminator?
Speaker 5: Sorry, nothing anything? Any movie? Try me, never seen it?
Speaker 3: Do you not like movies?
Speaker 5: I fall asleep?
Speaker 3: Did you see Titanic?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: Probably thirty five times when I was in eighth grade, when that was the only thing you could do in your life.
Speaker 3: I'm just finding out how weird you are.
Speaker 4: I'm just starting to figure out, Like, what's a Wizard of Oz?
Speaker 19: I know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know what the Whisper of Balls is.
Speaker 3: You've seen that?
Speaker 5: I saw the new one, the Wicked?
Speaker 3: You did?
Speaker 5: My kid likes it?
Speaker 3: Okay, kid, movies you probably have to watch.
Speaker 5: But I fall asleep in those two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's understandable. But you're not a movie person.
Speaker 5: No, So when you do the movie quotes you and Alex? Yeah, no idea? What you're talking about?
Speaker 3: What did I ask you in your interview? What did we talk about before I hired you?
Speaker 5: Why are you a piece of crap?
Speaker 3: I never asked you about music. I never asked you about movies. I never asked you about anything.
Speaker 5: You have so much to learn.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're learning every day. She's never seen the Terminator. Sorry, did you hear her say that? I didn't catch that. I asked, what's.
Speaker 7: The quote I'll be bached. Yeah, I know that's from Terminator. Like, I'm not dumb, I just haven't seen the movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, all, thank you?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, we got some nasty weather out there, and I know that's what you're kind of lead with today in Houston's headlines.
Speaker 7: Well, yes, good morning. Lots of rain, even hail yesterday. That's the same story for our Tuesday. Potential for severe storms, flash flooding as the day goes on, so watch out, just be aware, hail, damaging winds, a few tornadoes. Continuing to monitor that developing story. That ten year old girl in Brenham swept away in the rising water yesterday. The land cruise worked overnight and I've seen the news. Just keep popping in. Police are searching continuously today. Just thinking about her and her family and the first responders that are working so hard. The Trump administration announced yesterday a new plan to encourage undocumented immigrants to leave the US voluntarily. The Department of Homeland Security is offering a free airline tickets and one thousand dollars to those who sign up to quote self deport. You can join the program and if you do, you won't be a priority for arrest.
Speaker 5: So if you're interested, you're telling you there's an app did buy?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: There's document up for this.
Speaker 4: There's documented cases of people saying, okay, all self deport, give me my free ticket?
Speaker 5: Yes, wow, okay, interesting thousand dollars. Don't forget. It's teacher appreciation.
Speaker 7: Week today, specifically Teacher Appreciation Day, but it led it to a study of the toughest jobs in America. We all agree that teachers have it pretty tough.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 5: I think it's parents really that are rude to teachers.
Speaker 3: I think some of those kids are wild too. Mean kids kids are wild.
Speaker 4: But then they comes from the parents. So you can't blame parents for everything that a kid does. But I think those teachers have to I think those teachers have to deal with a lot.
Speaker 7: So when you think of toughest jobs in America, physical demand, our high stake, decision making danger, what do you think is the number one on this list of toughest job in America?
Speaker 3: I would think military and police and fire those types of things.
Speaker 7: Firefighters came in at number one. Okay, they're running into fire.
Speaker 3: Do they have to wear such tight shirts at the grocery store? Yes?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 3: Do they?
Speaker 5: Yes? Do they think they get a discount if they wear a tight shirt?
Speaker 3: It's like, let's send the three guys with the tightest shirts to HB and park right in front with their truck. It's like, dude, save something for the rest of us.
Speaker 7: Geez Rod, your job is not on this list of toughest jobs.
Speaker 3: No, oh no, it's no, this is not tough.
Speaker 7: I know we don't know as much about the Matt Gala as Alex over there does because he's our expert.
Speaker 5: But did you see Rihanna? She had big news last night.
Speaker 7: She showed up awesome, hosted a picture baby number three. And I know it seems confusing because she's always pregnant, really, but she had a son in twenty twenty two, another in twenty three, and now she's pregnant again, so it's just like a continuous thing. So she big news last night. Simone Biles, our girl.
Speaker 3: Did you say she was taking crap?
Speaker 4: Because I mentioned her as being somebody that I thought lo exceptional.
Speaker 5: The comment section brutal.
Speaker 7: Why I think she looks precious and her body is banging as always her arms.
Speaker 3: I wish I had her arms.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to deal with people like her fit.
Speaker 3: I'm working out every day to get those arms.
Speaker 5: You got to do the flips, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can.
Speaker 5: I guess that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 3: We have a met Gala link up if you want to see.
Speaker 5: Thanks Alex.
Speaker 4: Rihanna looked like and Alex put some of his faves on there. Meghan the Stallion looked awesome. She looked amazing on that. It's not even a red carpet. It's like that whatever that big stare.
Speaker 3: They've had to be.
Speaker 5: Everything they do has to be weird, otherwise it's not meg Gala.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, there's also it talks about you mentioned this earlier.
Speaker 3: How much it cost to get into this thing.
Speaker 5: One ticket seventy five thousand dollars and.
Speaker 3: It's for charity.
Speaker 5: So it's table count the Met Costume Institute as charity.
Speaker 4: I guess the a table of ten three hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: They raised a lot of money.
Speaker 5: Okay, I need you to tell me the tea when it comes to oasis.
Speaker 3: So you're not familiar with the brothers.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Like, why don't they.
Speaker 3: Like each other because they're brothers, so like I mean.
Speaker 5: It's like you and your brother. You told me about your brother yesterday.
Speaker 4: Exactly, Like you make these great songs together, but you can't be in the same room.
Speaker 3: With each other. Yeah, So they just famously Oasis was a huge, huge band.
Speaker 4: The brothers couldn't get along. They each one often did solo careers, and then all they did was talk crap about each other for twenty years on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's the it's the band that I wanted to get back together most, and they teased it for such a long time. I mean, Alex, we got to a point where we said, I don't think it's ever going to happen. Yeah, they just can't. I mean, I don't think they care about the money. They hate each other that much.
Speaker 7: But they have a reunion tour happening, yes, and fans are like placing bets on whether they're going to be in the same room ever backstage.
Speaker 4: And people are saying, if you want to go to that tour, go to the first show because there might not be a second one.
Speaker 3: They're just dad, They really don't get along.
Speaker 4: But now, the amount of money we're talking about with this reunion tour is just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: They got to keep these guys. They got to do everything possible.
Speaker 4: So the rumor is that they're not going to even be near each other off stage.
Speaker 3: Separate rooms, separate me and gree, separate areas of the backstage wild. They're doing everything they can to keep the brothers away from each other.
Speaker 5: I want to go see. I want to see how they act they're on stage together.
Speaker 3: They're just like little kids, man that swear and say the meanest things to each other. I think Liam called his big brother of potato.
Speaker 7: There were some British slang words I had to look up in the streets.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 10: Take it Alex for the Astros lost to the Brewers last night, five to one. In O're back at five hundred on the season. They'll play the Brewers again this evening, hidden with Nesky from Sam Houston. State will be on the mount for this drills, going up against Milwaukee's Chad Patrick. First pitch is at six forty and you can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety news reading KRH. In the NBA playoffs last night, the Nicks came back from twenty points down to beat the Celtics one o eight to one oh five, and the Nuggets upset to Thunder one twenty one to one nineteen. In the Stanley Cup playoffs, the Maple Leafs got by the Panthers five to four to take a one oh lead in that series.
Speaker 8: And that is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you very much. All right, what we got going on?
Speaker 11: Next hour?
Speaker 4: I got those Shine down tickets and then Alex about an hour from now is gonna be giving you some I think it's overtime boxing. He's got a great giveaway all week where he's got some front row VIP tickets to a boxing match match.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna work all that in to your eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 13: Let's go for the rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 6: The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show. System of a down aerials half what part of the show? Hi eight o four nasty outside, Yeah, showers scattered thunderstorms throughout the day. I don't know what the numbers are. It's just it's a nasty outside. It's gonna be a nasty all day. MO doesn't watch movies. Might I might get back to that. I get back to that. But somebody's asking, like Rod, we need to find out more about Mo. What is this about no watching movies? Does she have?
Speaker 4: Because I think all we really found out yesterday is you don't have any tattoos?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: All right, I gotta start. No tats?
Speaker 5: Are you making the lists?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, important tats?
Speaker 3: Two kids and married, that's it. That's all we know. Uh do you have pets? They want to know.
Speaker 4: Yes, everyone on the show here. And I held out for a long time. I held out forever on the animal. I'm like, ugh, you no, I have a dog.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's good, that's good.
Speaker 4: My kid wants a cat, and I'm just I don't know if that's I don't know how long I'm gonna be.
Speaker 3: Able to hold her off.
Speaker 5: I'm not a cat person.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you will you didn't see any mood? So you didn't, do you see Gladiator?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, so Russell Crowe hold hold like I'm holding. I'm trying not to get I'm trying like if my kid was.
Speaker 4: A cat, team like you wanted a cat T shirt in New Orleans. This way, I'm like, yep, you can have it. They have anything cat related.
Speaker 5: At all, as long as it just doesn't brief so that you are cat adjacent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we don't actually have a real cat, so go ahead. I'm sorry you have animals.
Speaker 5: I have a dog, I do. Bernard is probably fifteen years old. Oh boy, I know.
Speaker 3: Oh boy. Yeah, Voo's getting old too.
Speaker 5: It's so sad. And they're just different when they're old.
Speaker 3: Is Bernard what kind of dog?
Speaker 7: I would say, like a Belgium malmute German shepherd kind of looking dog. He's not huge, but I found him on the side of the road when I was in college, you know, when you're not supposed to have a dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I picked him up. And we've been through a lot.
Speaker 3: Did you know Chili had nineteen dogs?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 3: I don't know? Ask his twin brother how many? How many dogs are over there?
Speaker 5: Nineteen?
Speaker 8: He's got six? Seven?
Speaker 18: Right now?
Speaker 3: Wait? Wait, okay, what's the number, Alex? Six? Six?
Speaker 4: The number is sick that your twin brother. I think you're right. I think you're right on with six. Now, Jilly, you got dogs.
Speaker 11: Hold on, let me count. Come on, Raimi slash.
Speaker 3: Miss Cristina is working on that bright mister tums.
Speaker 11: Five.
Speaker 3: That's it, five right now? Okay? Five dogs?
Speaker 11: Almost got one another one?
Speaker 3: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: I mean, dude, I got it? Did you really? Did somebody come up approach you?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 16: I saw one that I needed at home and I wanted to get it, and I was like, Eh, the more the more dogs I get, the more I'm attached to Christina.
Speaker 11: So I'm trying to point the dogs out now.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 4: I know that I know that you rely on her more because with every dog you get, you're not doing anything for that dog other than hanging out with it once in a while.
Speaker 3: She's doing all the work.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm trying to be self sufficient.
Speaker 5: Good luck.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mo.
Speaker 4: What you don't know, tell me is there is nobody less self sufficient on this planet than the Chile.
Speaker 5: I'm finding that out.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: His wife must be a saint. I don't even know how she is.
Speaker 3: What did she make you for breakfast this morning?
Speaker 11: Oatmeal?
Speaker 5: She made it for you?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Did you not know this? She doesn't have to get up early like that she got up early to make him breakfast. She's awake from the night before. I know that's not true.
Speaker 4: She wakes up to make you breakfast in the morning, she's got to go.
Speaker 3: And feed all those dogs. You didn't feed the dogs. He doesn't even know where the washing machine is in his house. Candies are on the floor, and then that's it. They just magically get washed and folded and put in a drawer. He doesn't know any of that stuff.
Speaker 4: Somebody did send me an email recently about a boxer that they had that they just couldn't keep. The like, Rod, I know you're a boxer guy. It looked like voo. It was months old, and I'm like.
Speaker 5: No, are you considering it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No, are you sure because you brought it up.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm sharing with you that an email was sent, and I said, I appreciate you sending me the email. But my friend Jessica what she got and she called a transition dog solut.
Speaker 3: Luke was getting sick. Yeah, Luke was a nice one, right, And then what she did is she got a dog and it was a tweener you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: I don't know, And it was just like does that make it easier.
Speaker 3: Because there's another.
Speaker 11: Dog around, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing that. I'm done with dogs.
Speaker 11: It does, it makes it less painful.
Speaker 7: But then that one's going to eventually pass away as well, so it's like a circle of non never into dogs.
Speaker 16: I had to put down two dogs already, and it's sad.
Speaker 11: It's sad.
Speaker 3: It's the worst. I can't even imagine.
Speaker 4: I can't even imagine what it's going to be like with Vou. But I did tell her already. I'm like, this house is going to look different when you're gone, and saying okay, do this way. We're getting the floors done. I'm getting a new couch, couch.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna put it to you this week. Go ahead, think about it. The longer you put off all that stuff, like saying, okay, I'm not getting another dog as the voo.
Speaker 11: No, you'll get a cat. That's your options, bro, But you have a dog.
Speaker 16: You can tell her, Hey, look, dogs and cats don't get along. We might have an accident, so we're just gonna stick with the dog.
Speaker 4: I have a beautiful mod doesn't know this. I have this beautiful house. I'm very proud of it. Okay, I have a couch in there that I wouldn't put in a frat house. Okay, yes, and I take it so Number one. They never thought I was gonna be a dog person, But I never in a million years thought I was going to be somebody that owned a dog that took.
Speaker 3: Over a couch, took over an entire couch. Okay, it's like no one else can sit on that couch. Now I gotta cover on it. Disgusting. Bro' close.
Speaker 16: I sit there with Boo who and I sit there just she tells me how bad.
Speaker 3: You treat her?
Speaker 11: Broke.
Speaker 3: He got an ass full of her, he.
Speaker 11: Said, Who told me she wouldn't give me the good water?
Speaker 5: Who's going to live at Chillis?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna take a break.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we're gonna find out just how many movies Mo has and has not seen. I do want to explore this. I want to explore this a little more. We may even incorporate that into winning your shine down tickets don't go anywhere. We'll find out what's trending, wreck checks, all that stuff's on the way.
Speaker 13: Houston, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 3: Show Welcome back everybody.
Speaker 4: I'm working on trying to get you some shine down tickets coming up in just a little bit nasty weather today. I see nothing but cloudy skies, scattered thunderstorms throughout today. As Moe mentioned, it'll keep it a little cooler out there. I don't see it's getting over eighty three degrees today. Yeah, I'm working on a way to get you these shine down tickets. We do have one thousand dollars an alternative income coming your way at around nine to ten, and we got to keep an eye on on the internet here. Nine o'clock apparently is when ACL is going to be announcing the lineup. It's always exciting to see you know who they gonna get. You know, they still got the big budget that they're still bringing in. All the big bands. Are the bands that we are interested in? Are they bands that Moe's interested in? And is Alice going to be interested in these bands? What we did do was secure three day passes. We got three day weekend passes. I believe for the second weekend we're gonna have those on Know the show. But we're waiting for ACL's announcement, and I think tickets are going to go on three day passes are going to go on sale later today, so we're kind of waiting to get all that information after nine o'clock. But then we'll kick into action after that as well.
Speaker 3: Alex, my guy, what's trending? Florida bear attack? I don't know anything about that.
Speaker 10: One is dead after a bear attack in or near Marco Island in Florida.
Speaker 3: No, I hadn't heard that at all.
Speaker 5: An animal, bear, real.
Speaker 3: Bear bear, animal. Yes, Oh, it's gonna be the worst way to go.
Speaker 5: Did you know there were bears in Florida?
Speaker 8: I do now. It wouldn't have been by everything in Florida.
Speaker 4: Would not have been my first state when I was asked about where do bears live?
Speaker 8: Well, now you know?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 10: Jennifer Anderson is trending the man they crashed through the front gate of her bell Air home. There's a big story that we've talked about already today. And then Diana Ross. It looks like that's from the Mecallie still if people are talking about whatever.
Speaker 3: She were, so yeah, I can't shut up about it.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm just reading what's trending. But that's a training night by the bus.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mo's never seen the Terminator.
Speaker 5: What is going on?
Speaker 3: Wow, I don't know what it is. Okay, So there's gonna be a big difference here. So what we're gonna do is this would be a great little get to know Mo segment. We're gonna go through some movies.
Speaker 5: Oh crap.
Speaker 4: You have to be honest, you have you have to have seen the movie from start to finish. You can't just start Gladiator and fall asleep and say you saw Gladiator.
Speaker 3: We agree that doesn't count. Fair. So I'm gonna have Chili take on.
Speaker 4: Alex this morning, okay, And I'm gonna have Alex or Chili get two people on the phone. They want to be on team Alex or team Chili. You guys are going to figure out whether or not she's seen the movie. Okay, So I'm gonna get I'm gonna bring out some of the biggest movies of all time, and then Alex and Chili will guess whether or not you have seen that movie, and whoever wins, you're gonna represent that person on the phone and we'll get them some shine down tickets.
Speaker 3: All right, So Alex, I'm sorry, Chili, they're twins. I'm getting to.
Speaker 4: That point where I'm just you know, it's like my grandma Rodney, Randy, Randy Rodney, damn it, I ring, why'd you need.
Speaker 3: Those kids like that? The Twins Chili get a team Chili and a team Alex player on the phone seven one, three, two two five nine four five.
Speaker 17: Rod Ryan shows, here we go, We'll get ninety four.
Speaker 4: The buzz is good morning, rod Ryan show, see their fine again.
Speaker 3: Help You're off to a great start to your day. Moe brought it in the Good News. She's like, oh, yeah, there's a tornado watch right now going on. I didn't see that. I said it was skanky outside, but I don't know it was that bad.
Speaker 5: Harris Sportman, Montgomery, Austin County's.
Speaker 4: Get a watch, all right, So, I mean just scattered thunderstorms.
Speaker 3: Throughout the day. It's a little nasty out there. That's Mo and she had mentioned today on the show. Totally. I didn't catch it at all. I do think it's a little bit.
Speaker 4: What's not quite a red flag, but it's a colored flag that I have concerns.
Speaker 5: Character flow, character flaw.
Speaker 3: Terminator was mentioned.
Speaker 4: You said you never saw a terminator, and then you said, listen, I'm not a movie person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just not. Do you not like them?
Speaker 4: Do you not like going to the movies? I get it with little kids, now, going to the movies is.
Speaker 3: Out of hand. It's almost like a it doesn't happen.
Speaker 7: Yea, they're little, they don't sit still. But no, I've always been narcoleptics. So as soon as it gets dark and cozy, I'm out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wellless what we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do the Mo Movie Game. We've got JJ, good morning, Good morning, rob Mo. Welcome on board.
Speaker 5: Hey friends.
Speaker 3: Who's playing for you today?
Speaker 16: Chile?
Speaker 3: All right, you got Chile? And then I've got is it? Manker? Who is this?
Speaker 4: How do you say your name? Other persons? Manker? How are you today?
Speaker 9: I'm awake and I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: So Alex is gonna play the Mo Movie Game.
Speaker 4: And he's gonna try to win you these tickets to go see Shine Down.
Speaker 3: Okay, Manker, let's do it. Okay, Yeah, you guys got it easy, JJ and Manker. You just got to sit back and relax, enjoy the show. Moe's on the hot seat. Alex. I'm gonna let you go first, Okay, all you have to do is guess if she's seen.
Speaker 4: The movie or not? Said, she's not a movie person. I'm gonna come out of the gate huge the greatest movie of all time, The Godfather. No, she has not seen she has not seen The Godfather?
Speaker 6: Mo?
Speaker 3: Have you seen The Godfather? Never? What is wrong?
Speaker 8: I know it's about mob people, it's about gods and fathers.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got one?
Speaker 4: Uh, first person to three provided that you get the same amount of questions.
Speaker 3: But we're playing to three this morning, Chili. You're playing this game?
Speaker 5: Hey, friends?
Speaker 11: Oh, what's up?
Speaker 3: Okay? Goodfellas? Has she seen Goodfellas?
Speaker 11: Not a chance in Nhill? Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: She she She don't look like she would have watched those movies.
Speaker 3: Wow, Mo, Goodfellas?
Speaker 7: No, and I just found out there's more than one. I don't even know. I don't know anything about that one. I don't know what it's about. I don't know the genre.
Speaker 3: I can't it's hard to go ring a bell for that.
Speaker 7: But I've heard of of it, but I don't know a single fact about it.
Speaker 11: Now there's a games called it.
Speaker 4: Take for you guys, might just it just might be all knows, Okay, Alex, one of your favorites.
Speaker 3: Mighty Ducks. You gotta go back. She maybe she hasn't always been this way. Maybe when she was young, you know, like the Mighty.
Speaker 8: Ducks In Indiana, they watched Hoosiers.
Speaker 3: Okay, have you seen Mighty Ducks?
Speaker 5: I have seen Mighty Ducks yet.
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: No point for Alex on that one.
Speaker 5: And there were more than one.
Speaker 3: Oh, there was more than one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, those were good Disney Channel movies when we were growing up.
Speaker 4: Alex, No, no matter what similar chili. Has she seen The Sandlot?
Speaker 11: I think she has.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the Sandlot? No? No, what's chili?
Speaker 5: My husband's tried to make me.
Speaker 8: Watch that movie, but she's tried.
Speaker 5: So the qualification was, I've seen the whole thing, Alex.
Speaker 4: The highest grossing movie in the history of cinema, Avatar.
Speaker 3: Has she seen Avatar? Absolutely not.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's the Blue People.
Speaker 7: They live in a land and I think it's like a Disney affiliated something.
Speaker 4: The second highest grossing movie of all tie Avengers Avengers End Game.
Speaker 3: Has she seen I'll give you a point for any Avenger movie. Has she seen anything Avengers Chili?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: No, Chili gets a point.
Speaker 5: Can I get them confused? Like I don't know which one Batman is.
Speaker 7: I don't know Spider Man's in there, Captain, and they all all the.
Speaker 3: Same to me, you can fit in just fine.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's they're tied to each they each have two points, Alex. I feel like anytime on a Saturday afternoon you turn on AMC, you can find the Shawshank Redemption.
Speaker 3: Has she seen the Shawshank Redemption? No? I have oh, no point for ho Chili.
Speaker 5: That one's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Chili, you could win the game here, you could win the game here.
Speaker 11: Come on, come on, come on, Mo.
Speaker 5: I also have to have like a poker face, which is kind of hard for me.
Speaker 3: Has she's seen Jurassic Park? I'm for the wind for the wind Chili. Has Mo seen Jurassic Park?
Speaker 11: I'm gonna go with no, you have.
Speaker 3: Not seen Jurassic Park again?
Speaker 5: Again, chilly with the wind, Dinosaurs.
Speaker 7: There's a jeep, the kids get lost, and the dinosaurs eat them.
Speaker 3: I know what it's about you. That sounded perfect. JJ. You're the winner today.
Speaker 11: J What about Titanic? Have you at least seen?
Speaker 3: I saw it forty five times, I think, And yeah, I didn't want to use that one during the game because I think I'd already asked her that one earlier on the show.
Speaker 11: I got one go ahead eight seconds.
Speaker 5: No, is that the eminem movie?
Speaker 16: No eight seconds, not even clote, not even clot, good drug, it's.
Speaker 11: A cowboy movie.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: What Chili will be upset is have you seen anything with the character Medeia?
Speaker 5: What it is?
Speaker 3: You're all right, media, because Chili's so mad at me.
Speaker 4: He's trying to get me to watch Medea goes to jail and Midea goes to summer camp and the Midea funeral.
Speaker 3: Hey, JJ, you are team Chili. You got shined down Dance Kid Dance August twenty seventh at the Toyota Center. You're in okay? Who Roy, JJ? You played brilliantly today The Ryan Show. Good Morning, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Green Day, Welcome to Paradise, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Congratulations to Chili winning the The Mo Movie game. Good job. What about like TV? You're like a trashy TV person, Like do you watch the Bachelor's and no?
Speaker 5: Watch Housewives?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You do Mormon Wives like all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Fall asleep during those No, that is juice.
Speaker 4: That's that you keep up on Okay, all right, obviously Dallas Daniel Alex will know this because he's crazy movie guy.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, what is his handle on Twitter? Mad Mexican reviews, Mexican movie.
Speaker 8: Reviews, Random Mexican reviews.
Speaker 4: So he's super nutty movie guy. He goes, So what I'm more curious about and I don't want to know? He goes, what I'm more curious about with Mo is how many unread text messages are on her phone right now?
Speaker 11: You don't.
Speaker 3: There's a lot. I don't want to know.
Speaker 4: The last person that sat there had an amount that made me anxious. Are we dealing with a similar situation, Alex?
Speaker 3: You saw a number. It might be worse. I'm judging it might be worse.
Speaker 4: It's a text message. That's a real form of communication. It's not like an email, unread emails.
Speaker 3: A text message is a real form of communication these days, not for her, not for me. Is it more than ten? Alex? Way more than that?
Speaker 4: Are we talking about unread text messages on your phone right now?
Speaker 8: Give us a guest would get more?
Speaker 3: Judging by your reaction, yeah, I mean Tessa had like one hundred and ten?
Speaker 4: Oh god, no, Oh, okay, I suck at interviewing people.
Speaker 3: I don't ask any questions at all. Text the question are you breathing? You'll get up in the morning and you're breathing. The job is yours. How do I not ask? How many gend unread text messages are on your phone right now?
Speaker 5: Seventy five text messages.
Speaker 3: Esus get out? Get out. This isn't gonna work.
Speaker 5: This is not I don't lose sleep over this.
Speaker 3: It's just started.
Speaker 4: It just started not working for me right now.
Speaker 3: That doesn't give you any anxiety. Those are text messages from people.
Speaker 5: I don't have anxiety.
Speaker 3: Ron, Who what's the not? Somebody that texted you this morning? How deep are we going? You gotta go back back?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I couldn't even that'd be really far back.
Speaker 4: I guess Tessa said that she signed up for a lot of stuff and they would text her.
Speaker 3: Is left on? It? Is it that Loo get those?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I have those?
Speaker 3: But is the humans that never heard back from you, that texted you Rod?
Speaker 5: I always text you back.
Speaker 3: Yes, I feel very honored right now text all of y'all.
Speaker 4: Right now, I have zero text messages that I haven't looked at that I haven't reviewed, Alex.
Speaker 3: How many text messages? I have one? You have one just came in? How many does the twin? How many does the twin have? He might have some.
Speaker 8: No, I don't think he has anywhere like that. Chili is pretty good about it responding.
Speaker 4: So it's that when you have that number, that means you haven't even looked at him. No, you haven't even looked at him.
Speaker 5: Have anyone maybe looked at him? Maybe Gland No. I think a lot of times, once.
Speaker 3: They're read, they won't register as like a number.
Speaker 5: Do you see them on your like main screen, like you see that there's blue dots.
Speaker 3: Don't ever show me that phone again, Chili? How many? How many unread text messages do you have? I have zero?
Speaker 21: Right popular, that's not something that happens in life.
Speaker 5: And seventy six Now.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm gonna takes to see if you Dallas Daniel, I'm not happy I've brought sorry Dalla show today.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, learning learning learning, learning can be fun. Sometimes learning cannot be fun at other times.
Speaker 9: Houston Houston's alternative and tell him at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five, The Buzz.
Speaker 4: Ninety four or five, the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Oh, Alex, he's got a sports giveaway coming up. All right, very good. I've been waiting for that one. I don't want to know about your messages, and I really don't. I don't even enjoy knowing mos the type of person she is. Now, I didn't know that about her.
Speaker 4: Scott Mullins just sent me, like the front of his phone. He's got three things on his calendar today. I hope he makes all those he's got and forty seven unread emails. He's got three hundred and six un listened to voicemails.
Speaker 3: Oh and here comes the text number. Okay, this is what he looks at when he opens his phone every day.
Speaker 5: He doesn't even say it.
Speaker 23: He looks at you have to It's right there on his homepage, his little texty little box. The number is two thousand, one hundred and eighty one text messages that he has not read.
Speaker 3: Alex, that's wild. You have none. I have none.
Speaker 10: Josh three texting me said now you have one, and I got I was like, no, I don't have any more.
Speaker 8: I'm cleared out.
Speaker 3: Oh it really does give me anxiety. Okay, what are we doing?
Speaker 4: We got one thousand dollars alternative income coming to way around nine to ten. We'll kick that off and then the guys are gonna the guys, I'm saying, Jeremy and Teresa. They'll continue that at ten after the hour, a chance to win one thousand dollars um.
Speaker 3: We're waiting. ACL's gonna announce at nine o'clock.
Speaker 4: Yep, so I'm excited. We'll keep an eye on that. We're just looking like you are at the ACL website right now. I got mo one final time Houston's headlines.
Speaker 7: Please good morning, and new tornado watch in effect for Harris County and some of the surrounding counties. It's till four pm this afternoon, so just gonna have to be weather aware all day. Yesterday's hail continues on into today. The temperatures will stay down, which is great news, but other.
Speaker 5: Than that, you've really got to watch out.
Speaker 7: And we continue to watch that developing story in Brenham. Y'all saw the ten year old that was swept away in the rising water yesterday. Land cruise work through the night, first responders working today.
Speaker 5: Still no updates.
Speaker 7: Just sending all of our love to her family and the first responders that I know are working so hard in Brenham. Right, Aid filed up for a second bankruptcy in two years.
Speaker 5: That's that's pretty bad.
Speaker 4: I wonder where the nearest one is. I wonder if there are they in Texas at all.
Speaker 5: I didn't see any in Texas. Okay, So, but does it give you any pause when it comes to actual brick and mortar pharmacies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they're important. I do. I think they're important.
Speaker 4: It's not not just for old people. But I think you've got to go. You got to have a place to go and get your prescriptions.
Speaker 3: I get it. Some people were saying, well, Rod, you know the grocery stores have that now, Oh they do?
Speaker 4: Like okay, well that's important too. And listen, I Amazon, just like you, all of you guys.
Speaker 5: They'll deliver your prescriptions to your front door.
Speaker 4: And I get it, Like, and that's that's intriguing to me. But I still think you need that backup when you need something. Amazon's not going to get it to you immediately. If you go into like urgent care or whatever and then you need something, what do you do on your way home?
Speaker 3: You stop at CBSBS and it's there. Like magically for you. Right, but these.
Speaker 4: Places are important though, so write eight. I know it's not around here, but let's see what happens.
Speaker 3: It's dangerous unless it's just there's too many cbs' and Walgreens.
Speaker 5: They're on every corner.
Speaker 3: Are they forcing them out?
Speaker 7: Maybe that's what's happening in the little guys. Okay, so we're missing right it. We're also missing Skype Rest in Peace. It's officially did Microsoft killed it off yesterday and effort to move people to their fancy new Microsoft Teams platform.
Speaker 3: That's what we got to talk to Wizard on.
Speaker 5: We do use that a lot. I'm actually on it right now trying to fix my computer.
Speaker 3: Oh really, are you with? Uh?
Speaker 5: I'm chatting on Teams. It's new for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's get it figured out.
Speaker 4: That's our thing, Teams zoom. What was the what was I feel like the Apple phones had it first FaceTime.
Speaker 8: FaceTime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was like the first chat thing.
Speaker 8: That's just like a video chat, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Is that what Skype was?
Speaker 3: What Skype was? You know? So I don't know if that phone call like this, Yeah, all right, Skype's done. Yell.
Speaker 5: Jennifer Aniston fans. She's in the news this morning. How can you not. I mean, she's got a little attitude, but I like that about her.
Speaker 7: Some guy, a seventy year old man crashed through the security gay at her house, saying he did it on purpose.
Speaker 5: But he was arrested. And the only.
Speaker 7: Thing in is like criminal history had nothing to do with Jennifer Aniston's He's not like a crazy stock or something. When you hear seventy year old man crashes through gate, don't you just assume he had an accident.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he craft his pants and I don't know, but maybe just checking his text messages.
Speaker 3: Pressure the game. That's why motives and check her text message.
Speaker 5: I don't want to crash. I don't want to be in the news.
Speaker 7: They congratulations to Ghost, first hard rock band in over four years to top Billboard's Albums chart, and it's the first time at the top first hard rock album to do so since acdc's Power Up.
Speaker 5: Which happened in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: I guess the other music story is we are three minutes away. I'm on the ACL website. Lineup is coming at nine o'clock. Any guesses, any country guesses for a cl.
Speaker 5: Like Casey Muskgraves. She's like an ACL kind of girl.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know her, right, yep? I do beautiful. Total have just played jazz Fest, So I don't know if they these parks I'm on.
Speaker 4: I think it's the only city in Texas they'll play is Austin. They got a weird thing against Texas.
Speaker 3: I think, all right? What's going on? In sports?
Speaker 10: Astros lost to the Brewers last night five to one. They're back at five hundred on the season. Now they're gonna play the Brewers again tonight. Hyden was nesty from Sam Houston is gonna be on the mountain for this. Strows going up against Milwaukee's Chad Patrick. First pitches at six forty and you can listen to that game on our sister station's Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty kt H. In the NBA playoffs, the Knicks came back from twenty points down to beat the Celtics last night one o eight to one oh five, and the Nuggets upset the Thunder one twenty one to one nineteen. And the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Maple Leafs got by the Panthers five to four to take a one to oh lead in that series. I got a pair of tickets right now to call her ten. If you call in at seven one, three, two two five, nine four five, you're gonna win a pair a front row VIP tickets to Overtime Boxing ot X thirteen this Friday Night, featuring in All Texas, WBA Continental America Superweight well or super Welterweight main Event. Call ten to seven, one, three, two and two five nine for five. Those tickets are yours. And that's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 9: Hot Houston's Alternative and tell them at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 4: I just took a look as I wanted to back up my numbers. I just took a look at the looking at girls blog page. Emily Armstrong. I'm looking at girls, Alex She's having a birthday today. How old is Emily Armstrong, new lead singer of Lincoln Arc.
Speaker 8: Thirty seven, thirty nine?
Speaker 3: Okay, I was that far on thirty nine. He's kicking an ass man. She is kicking ass in that band. I didn't even think. Well, Lincoln Park just played Austin, didn't they Yeah, they did. They did play Austin. That's why I didn't guess them as one of the bands.
Speaker 4: Help you off to a great start to your day. Thank you very much for spending some time with us this morning. We have Alternative income coming up and then what we have for you. I know the show is a cl three day weekend passes.
Speaker 3: I mean, are they worth giving away? Alex says yes.
Speaker 8: I think so.
Speaker 3: He's a big Strokes guy. Mo, you know this song sound familiar? Yes, Strokes are on the bill. Hosey Air Doja Cats, Luke Combs. That's country right, He's big.
Speaker 5: Huge, huge in more than one. Oh, he's a big boy.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I thought we were talking weed you would. Who's Who's John Summit's.
Speaker 10: Dj okably the biggest DJ out there right now?
Speaker 5: You know who I'm most excited for on this list?
Speaker 3: Wait, let me guess this? Share T Pain? Yes, T Pain, Yes, I know, Mo, you did?
Speaker 4: I am so Cage the Elephant, Empire of the Sun pierced the Veil, and I guess if I had to say not, my favorite is Sabrina Carpenter, the biggest name on there. She's the first one listed. So the A C L People think she's got the same size font as Hosey Air, but she is listed first figures, so.
Speaker 5: She's like the eight girl right now, I would say she's it. Yeah, all over the met Galla last night they were focused on her.
Speaker 4: Listener Alex emails me all the time about Sabrina Carpenter how huge she is. Listener Alex, alex Oh, Alex Thunder Maybe so is it him?
Speaker 3: He loves her? Huh? Yeah, he does this? Okay. I do like this song.
Speaker 8: Right very similar in Queen Rodrigo.
Speaker 3: I feel like I discovered her singing her on Saturday Night Live. You didn't know who she was. I did. I brought her into the show. No Modest Mouse is a great song. Okay, would you look in the system if we have this? You're my hip guy. Now all right, what do you know about wet Leg?
Speaker 8: Wet Leg?
Speaker 5: Are they on this list for a c.
Speaker 4: L Yeah, that is a band that's getting a lot of buzz.
Speaker 3: Do we have it in the system?
Speaker 8: Catch these fists?
Speaker 10: Okay, Chase Lounge looks like maybe that's the bigger song.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to wet Leg. They're on the bill. Listen.
Speaker 4: There's a reason that I'm taking all this time with a c L. Right now, we are giving away three day weekend passes on know the show.
Speaker 3: Let's see if this is worth anything.
Speaker 11: Cat, can you catch yourself?
Speaker 10: You should be cat?
Speaker 3: Do you catch because the eighties.
Speaker 8: A genus spector or whatever it sounds like that.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you guys, there's gonna come a time we're gonna say.
Speaker 3: You know what Rod told me about wet leg right, ay, Ron Rods, the one that told me about wet legs. He said, keep your eye on wet leg.
Speaker 13: I went to.
Speaker 5: School and I got the degree.
Speaker 3: Oh, my friends school the bif D to school and I got the Big D. Is this all a proof of the radio system?
Speaker 5: It's clever.
Speaker 8: I went to school and I got the big D degree.
Speaker 3: This is release Okay.
Speaker 5: It kind of reminds me of do you know Kesha?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this rives me like super early MTV stuff like eighties.
Speaker 6: Excuse me hate you over there?
Speaker 3: I don't hate it. I don't hate it. Catch it. Yeah. I think they're.
Speaker 4: Trying to push them to alternative right now, and I think Wizard's like, listen, I see there's a buzz going on here.
Speaker 3: This isn't our alternative, This isn't what we do here.
Speaker 4: We're went in the legs though, but at least we're letting you know that there's a band called wet Leg out there. Austin City Limits Music Festival October third through the fifth, October tenth through the twelfth.
Speaker 3: Zilker Park.
Speaker 4: Three day tickets will go on sale today and Moe pointed out that there are a lot of bands that are just weekend one weekend two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they label them. They don't usually do that.
Speaker 3: I don't feel it. Yeah, you have to be very very careful.
Speaker 5: I know what you want to see.
Speaker 3: Well, I think if there's no label they're playing.
Speaker 7: Both weekends, that mustn't be what that means. But what are like the big ones they're playing both Like Sea Paine.
Speaker 3: I think if you well Tea Paints, he's not labeled, he's not labeled. So both weekends, that's amazing. So both weekends, So that sound like that, you just.
Speaker 5: Stick your fain amazing tickets.
Speaker 3: Three day weekend pass for both weekends. We'll go on sale today at twelve. We will have a pair of weekend passes. I'll find out from Chile which weekend but we're gonna give those away on the show. All right, that's enough, wet Leg, I take it back. It's enough long on the Chase long on these long on the lounge. I can't decide if I like it or hate it?
Speaker 8: Why she CALLI its Shase long. It's a Chase lounge, Chase lounge.
Speaker 3: To get you to talk about it. I don't like it. Okay, okay, day they're my favorite pandever there's a chance at one thousand dollars.
Speaker 13: And The rod Ryan Morning Show, six am, the Buzz.
Speaker 4: All right, welcome back everybody to your rod Ryan Show. We just found out the information that we've been waiting for the ACL lineup has been revealed. It is on their website and we will be giving away three day weekend passes to go to the Austin City Limits Music Festival.
Speaker 3: And these are for.
Speaker 4: The second weekend. I think wet Leg is there both weekends, so you're fine. You're covering up that your team paint is there both weekends too. So who knew what a.
Speaker 3: Fan you were? All right, So that's coming up. That's something great to look forward to right now.
Speaker 10: Online Kid's Alex Online nine the Mud, What you got dude, Today's day. We always sit to me by listeners, Sam, And it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It's called TV wall.
Speaker 10: You just have nine little screens on your computer and you can put them on all the channels they offer. You can pick by country. I have like right now, I've got Baywatch on. I'm watching CBS News Texas. I've got Adult Swim on. I've got BBC Earth on.
Speaker 3: Is it a newer is it an old bay Watch? It's yeah.
Speaker 10: I think it's just the reruns of stuff. I got Duck Dynasty on. It's yes. Hasslehoff Is on this Okay, the hoff Is on this one. Sure, h He's wearing a little police outfit. Don't hassle the hoff Don't hassle him. Don't hassle the bunch a meat loaf. There's a bunch of different a bunch of different channels you can watch. You can kind of customize to what you want to watch.
Speaker 8: And it's a great way to.
Speaker 10: Kill some time today instead of doing work at the office. You can check it out and set up your TV while it's about famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: Is that what chili? Did you get that from him?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 10: Sam Samson, But what's Chili's Probably he's got a wall logging in this now Martin was not featured on him, so we're bubbles.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Alex.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on nine.
Speaker 3: Bus ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, My.
Speaker 4: Goo Goo Dolls with Iris, Good morning. Help you off to a great start to your day. I'm excited to give you those a cl tickets. I'm excited to play. I can't wait to play Risk It for the Biscuit again. That chick got nothing today, nothing on risk she too long, Cheryl got nothing.
Speaker 3: On Risk It for the Biscuit. So that's just more money for you.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow Risk It for the Biscuit with the Great Jim Adler.
Speaker 3: We'll have him on.
Speaker 4: He'll be giving you money tomorrow at seven twenty we'll do it all over again. You guys have both have done a good job of mentioning today's National Teachers Day. You guys aren't there with your kids yet. But the PTA at my kids school, it's a machine.
Speaker 3: It's a machine. They got.
Speaker 4: Day one of Teacher's Week, they got lunch for them sponsored by this. Then they're going in and they're putting together playlist. I mean it's insane, the PTA, it's like the mafia.
Speaker 5: So you just send them cash and they handle it all for you.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 5: Wow, Yeah, I'm like over here wrapping stuff.
Speaker 3: I did send cash and it's crazy.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 3: National Teacher's Day. I don't know if it's a week, but today is like the day Alex's mom teacher.
Speaker 5: My mom also a teacher.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, could you have could you be in the class?
Speaker 4: Did you could you ever be in the class that your mom was a teacher?
Speaker 3: Did they not allow that?
Speaker 11: I could not allowed?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I wouldn't think.
Speaker 5: So, Thank you Jesus.
Speaker 3: Yes, did you guys when you grew up? Did they separate twins too?
Speaker 4: There wasn't as many twins as there are now, but you know twins had to be separated.
Speaker 10: Yeah, obviously classes of twins they weren't the same ones.
Speaker 8: So probably, I don't know, maybe, and.
Speaker 7: So they can thrive on their own. I guess I have nieces that are twins that way. They do the same thing. Yeah, right, just the teacher.
Speaker 4: Any teacher that you can think of, not your mom's that was the most influential that really broke through, that got to you Yeah, is it what grade?
Speaker 3: What class? What was it?
Speaker 7: I would say probably high school when you're starting to like figure out like what you want to do kind of and you're like being interested in more things specifically.
Speaker 3: Who connected with you?
Speaker 7: I had like TV teacher. It was just like a fun dude but also like a good human.
Speaker 4: Yeah, missus Faser was her name, and the reason why she broke through. I guess it was English class and I don't know what it was, but her son was a big Rush fan. She brought in Rush lyrics when we were doing poetry, and she brought in lyrics to a song and a song that I had heard of, and no teacher ever connected with me like that. Yeah, it's like, wait a minute, number one, you know who Rushes. I wasn't even like the biggest Rush fan, but I remember her bringing in the song working Man and No New World Man, and she dissected the lyrics and she played the song for us, and I couldn't believe that a teacher that's next level in the classroom eighth grade. I couldn't believe she was playing a Rush song in the room Like that was the coolest thing to me. Yeah, I mean when teachers do go to, like you said, next level, they go to the things that they break thirty What teacher are one that's memorable?
Speaker 8: I had to? I had missus Skinner.
Speaker 10: She was our art teacher my senior year, and I sucked at art. But she was really cool about like, hey, you're trying, like you did your best.
Speaker 8: She was not like she could have just roasted me in friendly class. She was really cool.
Speaker 3: And who's not good at art? I'm not good at drawing. He just roasted my handwriting drawing.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not most been here one and a half days. Is that the worst handwriting you've ever seen? He had to hand me these sheets over here, and I'm like it was efficient. I want to read this on the air.
Speaker 5: There's no point in even writing if it.
Speaker 3: Was write okay?
Speaker 10: And then ide coach for coach. It was my aquatic science teacher, and he was really cool. Yeah, he's a soccer coach, so he wasn't my coach, but he was my teacher.
Speaker 4: So he taught any coach, Yes, Chillie, no teacher school Stratford.
Speaker 3: I was forced to go to school to Stratford High School. Yeah, yeah, right before and a couple of years before Andrew Luck. Yeah. No, why A lot of years before Angel Luck.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like about twenty years after.
Speaker 3: What teacher. I know you had.
Speaker 4: I know you had some really influential coaches in your day, but I know I know that one coach meant a lot to you.
Speaker 3: What teacher though many.
Speaker 16: Of them, No teacher, man, I would have to say, coach Oscar crips Man.
Speaker 3: He's only because he would be.
Speaker 16: The one that would pick me up at home at five fifty five and make sure that I was in the locker room reading a book or steadying or something like that.
Speaker 3: Oh he did make you read?
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, he because he would get progress reports from all the athletes and then they would see who was failing. And mostly I was there all the time. So he would be like, all right, picking you up at this time in the mile. I was like, why, he's like study hall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he needs chili on the line, so he's got to make sure that he passes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to make him a casserole or something.
Speaker 3: I love him, otherwise you're losing chili plugging up that hole in the middle.
Speaker 11: I didn't do much work.
Speaker 3: I fail all the time.
Speaker 11: I was like, oops, was that su what's the blog that guy?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, you know on this show, teachers, you get nothing but love from all of us. That and Moe even said that we have a there's a blog page up the hardest jobs in the world.
Speaker 3: It made the list. I mean, it's not out.
Speaker 4: There fighting fires and stuff, but we all recognize that it's a pretty tough gig for sure, and we're very appreciative of eaching.
Speaker 3: Every one of you. Have a great National Teacher's Day.
Speaker 6: The Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: On ninety four Busman ninety four or five, Buzz Corn coming undone.
Speaker 3: Good morning, brod Ryan's Show. Well, thank you so much for spending some time with us this morning.
Speaker 4: A lot of people still checking us out on the Facebook. You know, we've got this video component. I know, mo keep telling me, He's like, can we move this camera back a little bit?
Speaker 5: Gosh, I'm just trying to eat a meat stick over here, and there's a camera in my face.
Speaker 4: The first thing she said, she goes, I have a meat stick and I want to eat it, and I can't because the camera's in my face.
Speaker 5: I love them that.
Speaker 4: You know, the goal is to get more people watching the cameras you eating a meat stick on Facebook. He's going to do wonders for our numbers. I'm just saying, don't shy away from that meat stick or think about it.
Speaker 5: It's only my second day.
Speaker 7: I don't want to give him everything I got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bring the meat stick to your mouth, not your mouth to the meat stick. I don't know what that means, but just it's something to think of fact when you're on camera. All right, good morning everybody. A kid got into his mom's phone and uh, we could go wrong.
Speaker 3: Right seven years old, So this is London's age. She's in second grade.
Speaker 4: She ordered thirty cases of Dumb Dumb Suckers off of Amazon. What each case has two thousand, three hundred and forty suckers in it.
Speaker 8: There so little she ordered cases.
Speaker 4: She was getting more than seventy thousand suckers for about four thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Like the kid just boom.
Speaker 4: Boom, boom boom booming on the phone here and then boom, Now you got seventy thousand suckers showing up to the house. So the mom contacts Amazon as soon as she kind of realized like what had happened, and they were kind of I don't know, they seemed like they were being cool at first, but what you're dealing with is a food item. And Amazon, once that food item is delivered, they don't really want to, like they don't want.
Speaker 3: To take stuff back.
Speaker 4: And I know it's wrapped up in everything, but the driver Amazon said, just don't accept the order and then they'll take it back to us. Well, they've delivered it when they weren't home, so mom comes home. They didn't knock. They stacked all the cases on her porch and once now they're delivered and they're sitting at the house. Amazon said, we can't take them back because it's a food item.
Speaker 10: Donate them to teachers for teacher appreciation, right, well, and they can give them. She puts it up on social media. Okay, yeah, if you knew, stations pick up on it. Slow news day.
Speaker 4: People started ordering boxes from her, so she started to sell a bunch of suckers, and then eventually Amazon reached out and they refunded her money.
Speaker 3: So she said that, well, I sold a bunch of these already.
Speaker 4: Amazon said, we don't take them back, but we will refund your money. And then she had already sold a bunch of them, so I think she said the donation thing, so she got into some sort of a donation thing. Mom says she's got to change some settings on her phone so this doesn't happen again.
Speaker 5: Those do exist for a reason.
Speaker 10: That's on mom for not playing good defense, Like you got to be aware.
Speaker 4: Did the kid I know how my mom would have handled this. Did the kid even get one sucker? Because I'll tell you what happened in my house. There's no way I'm going to learn a lesson and I'm going to get a sucker. So my mom would have been like, and I know this technology wasn't available when I was a child, but there's my mom wouldn't be you know, have a couple of suckers, go ahead, like I wouldn't have.
Speaker 5: I'd never eat a sucker again in my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably I would not have. I would have not gotten at one of those.
Speaker 4: Only once in my life have I gone to send something back on Amazon and they said, you know what, We'll just send you another one. It was a table because I really thought that the Bills. I thought that the Bills had a really good chance of going to.
Speaker 3: The Super Bowl this year, going to break it. And I had a table and I don't know, some guy go.
Speaker 4: Some guy just bullied me into saying that I was going to jump through a table if the Bills went to the super Bowl. So I bought one of those tables and it just had like a it had a puncture in it, and I took a picture of it.
Speaker 3: Amazon was really cool. It was one of those Amazon basics.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, their own brand.
Speaker 3: I think it was their. Yeah, it was their table, and and they said, don't even worry about it. We'll just send you another one.
Speaker 4: Like it's that it's less expensive for us not to have you send it back to us.
Speaker 5: They know what they're doing.
Speaker 3: Did you get anything for free from them like that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it happened.
Speaker 3: Felt awesome. Yeah. So I have two tables now and one of them is I still use it. It's got a little hole. It's got a little hole in it, but you know whatever, it's good. Well, it's just gonna get full of filthy crawfi or whatever I get. What did you get for free?
Speaker 5: Well they do that. It just happened yesterday.
Speaker 7: My husband ordered like some protein powder or something and he's like, oh, it's like spilling in the box. And they're like, well, we can refund you or send you a new one. They're they're just like they know what they're doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes they just don't want to deal with it. No, some of the food stuff I ordered some lunches or something like that and they were disgusting.
Speaker 3: I'm just I was gonna throw it away. There was like twenty six dollars. So I'm like, I don't want to deal with this. Girlfriend gets on the phone, go bop and rooms like return stuff, sending new ones. Yeah, I've thrown things away before. I don't it's not worth my time.
Speaker 5: You can take it to Cohl's then, don't care whole food. They make it so easy.
Speaker 8: The just toss it, and that's that's my problem.
Speaker 3: I think Staples, some Staples locations will take the stuff back. Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I know the show.
Speaker 5: That's me. I need to make up a question.
Speaker 8: You do, and it's a ideally about the show.
Speaker 5: Sorry, it's only my sex day, guys, but.
Speaker 3: It's a huge bride.
Speaker 4: It's a pair of three day weekend passes to the Austin City Limits Music Festival happening we Our tickets are for the second weekend, so it's October tenth through the twelfth at Zilker Park in Austin. Now, three day weekend passes are going on sale today at noon. You go to aclfestival dot com, but win a week end worth of music from most questions coming up on the flip of this break Don't Go Anywhere Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 6: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz, Fye, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, rod Ryan Shore.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, thank you for spending some time with us this morning. We've got these acl three day weekend passes.
Speaker 3: What did we say? Was playing Sabrina Carpenter Te Payne? What was the big Country Dude Combes, Luke Combes, doja Cats, Luke Combes with a big Wieners.
Speaker 4: The Strokes on. Okay, so three day weekend passes. Wet Leg Legs. I played wet leg for my friends today, so it's not the show. What's your question today? My question? What movie did you?
Speaker 7: Rod claims the highest grossing of all time that I have never seen?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we played the mo movie game today. We did. You've not seen squad.
Speaker 5: I've seen some movies. You just didn't get there.
Speaker 3: Not many? All right?
Speaker 4: Seven one for three day weekend passes. To ACL seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 8: We are worldwide everywhere you listen.
Speaker 3: Tell your smart device to play ninety four to five the buzz on iheard radio. Alright, come on, wrap it up ninety four or five buzz Foo Fighters Learned to Fly nine fifty two. There's a tornado watch today, please, Okay, lots of rain and just lots of nastiness and scattered thunderstorms throughout the day, so everybody'd be safe out there and all that good stuff. We were all waiting for nine o'clock to roll around for the ACL lineup that did roll around, and then I told you we were going to turn around and we were going to do something about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, we weren't going to just spend all that time playing wet legs and not like give it. Give you a chance to win tickets to go see them. So we have a cl three day weekend passes. Let's do the damn things now.
Speaker 15: Time for I know this show on ninety four to five, L L.
Speaker 3: L LA, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this Hello? Hi? Hi? What's your name? H right? George?
Speaker 4: Hi, George, Welcome in, Welcome into the show. Dude, You got in another show, so had to mo for me.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 5: Hi, Hey George, what's your question? George? My question today?
Speaker 7: What movie did Rod claim is the highest grossing of all time that I I've never seen?
Speaker 3: That will be Avatar?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Have you seen it? George?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I've seen it. Of course, everybody's seen the movie.
Speaker 5: There's a big price, George. Congratulations, ACL, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: It's second weekend. It is three day passes though, so you get to see everybody. George. Oh, that's thought them there and awesome. Alright, daddy. Oh hang on October. ACL Music Festival.
Speaker 4: Dot Com three day weekend passes go on sale on their website today at noon and then so George gets the only win them before they go on sale tickets. But Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, we're gonna give you those a CL three.
Speaker 3: Day weekend passes. So we'll continue on with that. The thing about Avatar, I know you heard of the movie I.
Speaker 5: Have the Blue People.
Speaker 4: You never seen anbody running around with an Avatar T shirt or anything. You see Star Wars t shirts, you see Superman t shirts and Spider Man and you know, four T shirts. Something's weird about that Avatar thing. Those numbers, Those numbers are inflated. I know that almost everybody's seen the movie, but not you.
Speaker 3: But you never see.
Speaker 4: Anybody like Nobody's running around saying Avatar is their favorite movie. Nobody is nobody, not even George George he.
Speaker 3: Loves wet leg All right, we gotta go. Did Steve the Breadman win this morning?
Speaker 5: Steve the Redman win again? He'll be back so fresh one morning?
Speaker 4: Had they had six twenty? Steve the Breadman's on a little bit of a terror. How about that first phone caller? Dallas was the little girl's name. I remember that she was so sweet.
Speaker 3: I wrote that down. I thought she was really really cool this morning, it was a great energy.
Speaker 4: To start the show off with. We played the Mo Movie game? Who won that?
Speaker 3: Alex? Chili did? Chili won the Mo Movie Game?
Speaker 5: I did not.
Speaker 3: That's what we could have had.
Speaker 4: How many unread messages do you have in your text box?
Speaker 3: I'm glad you didn't do this. Worse is that is the worst? Who else we want to think?
Speaker 4: Jim Adler for coming on and helping us out risk it for the biscuit, will do that again at seven twenty?
Speaker 3: And that poor girl won nothing?
Speaker 7: Cheryl left with nothing, Shae with nothing. She left with nothing, but she's probably having regrets right now.
Speaker 3: That is Alex's fault.
Speaker 8: It's not my fault.
Speaker 5: Everything is Alex's fault.
Speaker 8: You could have picked a little number.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do that again. Hopefully we give away some more.
Speaker 4: We give away some money tomorrow at seven twenty, and like I said, more ACL tickets.
Speaker 3: I think that's everything right. Yes, Jerry's up next.
Speaker 4: He's got the NonStop nooner pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. He's got Alternative Income coming up shortly after ten o'clock. He'll do that at around ten after ten, and then ten after eleven, then ten after twelve.
Speaker 3: He'll do all that stuff all right.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow at eight twenty on the show, we will announce the local band that's gonna bring on Busfest. And Radio Wizard's been crunching the number. He's got it sent out to experts in the industry that are looking at it right now, and he said that the it's close. He said, it's really really close with these bands. He said, it's about five or six bands that are all like.
Speaker 3: Neck and neck right now for both all right, that's it, guys, We're on a twenty hour break. We'll do it better tomorrow. AMP. Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 15: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.