Speaker 1: Ripped bad news, you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Show Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 4: Man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez.
Speaker 3: Well, my friends, to the only show of It's guy and we're here to solve problems, answer questions, take your complaints. We want to make your life a little bit better. You've been ripped off. Maybe a bad contractor a bad dentist, Yeah, we've had those. How About a bad attorney, how about a bad doctor? How about a bad car guy? How about a bad anything out there? We like going after the bad guys. In fact, to the tune of over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds. I gotta say something. I have to say this, and I Mark, I can't believe I'm saying this. And did he I thought the guy was guilty as hell watching the video where he's kicking and punching that woman, Yeah, made me think he was guilty of everything they accused him of. But twelve people said he wasn't. Yeah, twelve people said he was not. Now he was convicted a couple things. On a couple of things. The most minor of them all though. My guess is he's going to be out today. But I don't know. I don't know how that works. But to sex trafficking, not guilty of racketeering, sex trafficking, he was basically convicted of transporting for prostitute. The prostitute. My god, if he was in Nevada in certain areas, he wouldn't have even been in trouble for that. I feel bad that I actually actually thought this guy was guilty as hell based on that one video.
Speaker 5: Now well he's gone based on that one video. Mark, he's scum. I wonder how this still affect his whole going forward.
Speaker 3: He gives me the ick factory. How come they didn't go after him for the life of me for that? Why didn't they go after him for the DV the domestic.
Speaker 5: Arty out of the statue of limitations.
Speaker 3: Or maybe that wasn't a federal crime because this was all general it wasn't a federal crime. So I just I'm at a loss. Listen, there's no doubt he's a wife beater. I think that was his wife or a woman beater. You can look at it anyway.
Speaker 5: Why, my god, disgusting anyway, Mark, it is.
Speaker 3: But I still feel bad. I really feel bad. I was hoodwinked into thinking this guy was the mafioso. They went after him with rico charges they threw, they were like, they went after him like he was Trump Mark.
Speaker 6: If anybody deserves to end up an alligator Alcatraz, it's this douchebag.
Speaker 3: And it looks like he's going to walk because that's start in Alcatraz. Uh web balligator Alcatraz et Alcatraz. The lesson charge as a term up to ten years. Yeah, well, it'll be shocking if he gets ten years from them.
Speaker 7: We just seen the judge does the opposite of jury nullification judges. Look, I know this guy was guilty. I'm gonna give him the max doc.
Speaker 3: I thought yesterday when the jury came back to the judge, well, actually go back to last week. They said one juror simply can't follow the instructions. I had it backwards. I thought the one juror was the holdown I'm saying he was innocent. It looks like that was completely backwards. It was the one person saying he was guilty. I mean, it's just amazing to me. Okay, I digress. That's not what we're here to talk about.
Speaker 7: But I'm jumping mark with any of these cases that you see on TV, whether it's the you know any of them, any of them you unless you're in the in the courtroom, you don't know all the evidence.
Speaker 3: You don't really have a right to do. Doc that's even wrong to a degree. And the only reason I say that is I watched Oja every single day on TV, and there was no way in the world I ever thought that guy would be not guilty ever, And I watched every day of it every day.
Speaker 7: But that was the only example really of during nullification. Now the rest of the time, these TV jurors, you need to be in the courtroom to see all of the evidence.
Speaker 3: Now, one more thing, one more thing. I just want your all's opinions, Suzanne.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 3: How about this guy that killed the four college students?
Speaker 8: Is idah Home?
Speaker 3: I don't even remember. Yeahg Colburg? What about him? What about him cutting a deal? I've heard both sides of the argument. Here's the bottom line. If I was a taxpayer in that state, I guess I like what they did kind of if I was a parent, or even just if I wasn't directly affected. But I was a parent of a kid even in that college. I want to see this guy fry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, if you sure. I'm with Nancy Grace. I was listening to her this morning about it. They seem like they whisped out and didn't have a spine.
Speaker 3: Hey Tammy, what's going on with you? Tammy?
Speaker 9: How you doing today?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good, Tammy. How are you doing?
Speaker 9: I'm doing fine.
Speaker 10: Basically, I have a situation where I had a slung contract to to do some work for me after a house fire.
Speaker 9: I'm the court for some of the minor things.
Speaker 10: That I knew that was not right, and I end up winning my judgment, but it seemed like there's been two years and I cannot get my money.
Speaker 9: It's just like they don't want me to go through the grunt, allow to pay more money to try to find this person. He's a legit businessman, been in business for over fifty years.
Speaker 3: Hey, Tammy, I'm going to say this for a lot of people listening, so kind of understand it. When you got a judgment, was it that default judgment? Was it small claims court? What court was it in? And it looks like you're calling from Georgia.
Speaker 9: Yes, I touched the false claim court.
Speaker 3: Perfect and I love what you did. In fact, I commend you. A lot of people are told to do it, say they're going to do it, but never did it. You actually went through. Was it a default judgment?
Speaker 9: What do you mean about the thought?
Speaker 3: Did he show up the court? Yes, you do, excellent, and then you won and you got a judgment. Now you forgot to do something, probably because you didn't know at the time. In Georgia. And I'm not an attorney in Georgia, nor am I attorney in Colorado, but I want to tell you this. In Georgia, to my best understanding, unlike Colorado, when you file a small claims court, you can actually serve him what's called interrogatories at the same time, up to fifty questions that he has to fill out before court. What assets do you have, what bank accounts? What property do you own? And he was supposed to fill those out, But my guess is you didn't give those to them. Is that correct?
Speaker 9: That's great. I was not aware of it.
Speaker 11: If I was aware of that, then I would have In Santa Dodger, they wanted to stay out about so many days sunny days he don't pay then they want they want you to pay.
Speaker 10: Fifty dollars and try to do what you call a lien on his property.
Speaker 3: Yep, and that's where you're at. That's where you're at. You're going to have to cough up that fifty bucks and get a lien put on his property. But the other thing you should do. Do you know where this guy is? Now?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 10: I know where you're living in With that.
Speaker 3: You should be able to serve him right now with interrogatories. You might have to call up the court clerk and go what is the list of interrogatories I can do? In small claims? They should help you or at least point you to a form and ask him where and ask him and listen. In Colorado, I'm not sure about Georgia. But he's got thirty days to deliver those back to the court. If he doesn't deliver back to the court the answers to those questions, and all you're going to do is ask him where the money is, what property do you own, what bank accounts do you have? What stuff do you have? Basically that's what you're asking them when if he doesn't fill those out within thirty days. Once again, I'm not sure about Georgia, but in most states then the court can hold him in contempt. When he's in contempt of court, they can put a bench warrn out on his ass, and then if he gets pulled over for speeding or anything, they will arrest him on the amount that is owed to you. How much is home?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How much is it? You know what? Let's get Let's try hold on. Hey, Kelly, get the information from her. I want to get this guy on. She's got a judgment, she's already gone to court, she's already done her due diligence. Let's see if this bum who hasn't paid up for two years wants to face some music. Let's try to get his ass on that and a lot more coming up.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. Kelly's trying to get that guy on. Hey, Tammy, I'm gonna see if we can't get through to him, I might have our listeners call up to because this is ridiculous. But the one thing I do want you to pursue, I mean that fifty bucks. You should spend the fifty bucks. You got a fifteen hundred dollars judgment, get the lean, but get those interogratories filled out and serve them with those as well, because once again, if he doesn't fill those out for the court, and I believe it's within thirty days in Georgia, they will put a warrant out for his arrest. You get it, Yes, yes, Now hold on, I'm trying to get this. I'm trying to get this guy on. What's his name by.
Speaker 10: The way, his name is Randolph Heines.
Speaker 3: Randolph Hines. And what did he do for you?
Speaker 10: Basically, like I said, I had a house fire, and everything else he did was good, but he knew he could not lay.
Speaker 9: He could not lay the towel in my kitchen and some of my.
Speaker 10: Ceilings that he did not fix where you could still see the lines where it should.
Speaker 9: Have been with a fire.
Speaker 10: I guess you used some kind.
Speaker 9: Of fire proof stuff before you put.
Speaker 10: The coating over it and it bleeded through. And I wanted him to correct the mistake.
Speaker 14: I didn't even want.
Speaker 9: To take him to court. I just fix the situation. And he wouldn't fix it.
Speaker 3: Why do you think he wouldn't sex what? He just moved on to the next job, or what do you think? Why do you think he didn't fix it?
Speaker 10: Also, he also had a house fire as well, But you have so many people that work for you, you should have fixed. Because he was like, that was his first time.
Speaker 9: He didn't know. He'll give me two hundred and fifty. I was like, I wasn't even taking that.
Speaker 10: I wanted all my Vinyl replaces so I could pay it to come out to do it right.
Speaker 3: You know what you're saying, You brought this dirt bag to court, and I'll say that right now if you got a judgment, he hasn't paid it in two years plus. In my opinion, the guys had total dirtbag. Kelly's trying to get him to come on. Kelly, tell that dirt bag to come on. I want to know why she why he doesn't pay Tammy this Randolphines, hold on, Tammy. We're gonna keep digging into this. And you know what I want to do. I want to put someone on to help her with interrogatories. I mean, d will you do that? Will you give her some advice, do a little research on Georgia. Well, I'll do a little research in Georgia.
Speaker 6: But I can tell you that this time last year I had personal experience with serving in derogatories on somebody who decided not to pay a judgment agains that I got against them nice and I went through the entire process and it did the result in a.
Speaker 3: Bench warrant cash only bond yep.
Speaker 6: And once I mailed a copy of that to the defendant, I got a call within a day or two from their CFO asking me where they'd like me to FedEx the check.
Speaker 3: We had one. We had one J Lopez, this soob this sob rob. People in every county around Colorado would take thousands of dollars down thousands to do driveways and patios in sidewalks, cement and this soob didn't do anything, never showed up in what Hop County to county. None of the das would do anything. Finally I helped one person get a judgment. Then we served interrogatories, then we got the bench warrant. He was picked up in Douglas County for some kind of criminal mischief, and Denver literally came down, picked him up after a little coercion from me on the air, came down, picked him up in the can down in Douglas, brought him to Denver, and held him on a cash bond till he paid. That's pretty impressive, Mark Dan. Yeah, I'm sick and tired of scumbags. I mean really, I am. Hey, Kelly, did this clown? Want to come on? Where are we at with this guy? I'm gonna put I'm gonna go to the next call. You guys just hold on and we're gonna put Deputy D on that one. She's gonna help. This one sounds a little wild. What's going on with Verizon? Brenda?
Speaker 14: Oh well, if I lose you, it's because Verizon's disconnected.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, fair enough listening.
Speaker 14: Oh, start at the beginning, Mark, the Uh, my father elderly ninety years old, gets an iPad from Verizon. Yeah, hello, like two months ago. Calls them and goes, I.
Speaker 15: Never ordered an iPad.
Speaker 14: They go okay, and they send him a box and said return it.
Speaker 9: He did.
Speaker 14: Then he gets a bill two weeks later for three iPads for.
Speaker 3: Three Yeah, someone stole someone got into his account. Did the iPads the other hold on? Brenda? Did the other one ever show up at his house or anybody who's address on the account or he never saw them? No, yeah, this happens. No, this happens all the time. So what happened? Let me ask you this the department hold on though? Did they acknowledge they got the first one back? Brenda? Yes, absolutely, go ahead with the other twip.
Speaker 14: They found the other ones?
Speaker 3: Where were they?
Speaker 14: I have no idea. They said they've been searching in the warehouse. They found them.
Speaker 3: Okay, great.
Speaker 14: Took me, By the way, this first part took me about eight hours, with a phone calls being transferred from person to person who doesn't know what they're doing. They transferred to the fraud department, then the billing department. Then my thought was said. Then they said they got it worked out.
Speaker 3: They found them the next.
Speaker 14: Day I get an he gets an email saying you've got.
Speaker 15: Twenty four hours to pay this bill and we're.
Speaker 13: Going to disconnect your service.
Speaker 14: Spent another hour and twenty minutes being transferred to four people, repeating my story four times, and they said no, no, no, that was an AI generated thing.
Speaker 13: They weren't going to do.
Speaker 3: So where are we at right now?
Speaker 14: Well, they've disconnected him twice. It is I have spent more than twelve hours on the call on the phone, with that being transferred from person to person to person.
Speaker 1: I know it's as a ninety year old man.
Speaker 14: With a with the phone connected to his watch that if.
Speaker 3: He falls, I got you.
Speaker 14: You know that I fall and I can't.
Speaker 3: Get up there? Yeah? And the is so the problem right now?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 3: Literally, what is the problem right now? His phone needs to be turned back on.
Speaker 14: Another email yesterday harassing and threatening to disconnect because of a back payment.
Speaker 13: Now there's saying with.
Speaker 3: The back payments all due to the iPads.
Speaker 14: I think, so they can't answer me.
Speaker 3: They cannot, Susana, we have an angel over at a Verizon most positive.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, here's what we're going to do, Brenda. We just got to get Susan all the information, we're going to reach out to someone that can make a difference. I'll tell you these companies, it's not just Verizon, it's all of them. Any company that does over like ten million dollars a year, they've all come up with a new gimmick. And I love the new gimmick. H We're just going to pass you around to different people, or never let you talk to a human until you decide to give up. That's really their business model when it comes to complaints, Hey, Tammy, this is DEPUTYD and it sounds like your dad is.
Speaker 14: Only man from his phone is life threatning.
Speaker 3: It's insane. I know, I know, but thank God for the angel. That's the topic I want to address.
Speaker 6: First, you need to go open a different phone account for him, a T Mobile or AC and T or someplace else, because it's something.
Speaker 13: I think we're going to do now.
Speaker 6: You need to do that right now, and then let his account remain closed. And if they come after him, say let's say they try to him there he's on. First of all, he's not collectable, but you'll have at least it. We'll have your dan court and you'll explain, Hey, there's we didn't order.
Speaker 3: It'll never come to that because we're going to reach out to the angel Susanne. How long do they generally take it for us?
Speaker 16: That's pretty quick.
Speaker 5: I just need Brenda to email me some stuff. So Kelly, if you can give her my email and we can get that gun.
Speaker 3: Brenda, get it right out and I expect to call back saying thank you. Suzanne got it.
Speaker 14: Definitely, Well, I'll see you in person.
Speaker 8: I'll thank your I worked there, So.
Speaker 3: Where do you work?
Speaker 5: I told you that I worked at k Away.
Speaker 3: Oh that's why I was going to say. Your voice sounds familiar. It's Brenda start from Kaway News. Excellent, Brenda, we got your back, We got you handled all.
Speaker 14: Right, Thank you, and I will send Suzanne or Kelly all the information.
Speaker 3: Excellent. Hold on, hold on, Kelly, You'll tell you where to send it. Three oh three seven one three A two five five Craig, Gary, h Hey, what happened Kelly? What happened with this bum? What happened with this Randolph Heinz. Did we get in touch with him?
Speaker 17: Well, yes and no. If you could actually have a conversation with the connection on his cell phone was not wonderful. Okay, So I was only about to communicate every maybe second sentence. Yeah, but as soon as I mentioned her name, he hung up on me.
Speaker 3: So he hung up on you. What number did you call it? Was it Randolph? Do we know that? Yes?
Speaker 13: What not?
Speaker 3: Randolph hinz Hines? Uh huh yeah, correct. I assume he's not part of the catchup company since he's rippen people off for fifteen hundred bucks.
Speaker 17: Leave him a message now, he just has a service that kind of takes.
Speaker 3: That's fine. What is it?
Speaker 5: Answer?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's two two nine two two nine two eight eight two eight eight zero nine one three zero nine one three. Folks, give this guy a call. Ask him. Be nice. We always say this, she gotta be nice. That's how we get things done. Go hey, you know Tammy right, the lady you owe fifteen hundred dollars too, that has a judgment on your ass for the last two years. Do you remember her? Apparently you do, because you hung up on us when we called. So here's what I want you to do. Be nice YouTubers, be nice listeners, be nice, and I don't care when you call him. And we do this as a public service. You know that this is public service. We want Randolph Hines to understand that his name is getting out there as someone that lost in court, has a judgment against him, but doesn't want to pay the money. Two two nine two eight eight zero nine one three. Tell him you heard about it on the radio. Two two nine two eight eight zero nine one three. I would appreciate that, Tammy. I want you to follow up. I'm gonna have Deputy d reach out to you and help you with the interrogatories and some other stuff. Okay, okay, and then we're going to try to get this guy. We'll see if he comes on the air with us and try to get you paid. It's a bunch of bso I appreciate you calling you got it.
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, Like I say, I pay him ten thousand dollars, I only want fifteen on the bike.
Speaker 3: I get it. I think you're being fair. As he gets go ahead, d what county are you in?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What county I'm in.
Speaker 9: I'm in Doughty County.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll take a look at their procedures. Excellent, and hold all right, we're gonna get back to here with what we figure out off air, and hopefully we can get this guy with all our listeners all over calling them up. Maybe he'll decide to come on, Randolph, this one's for you. Listen man, we just want to get her paid. You had your day in court, you lost. It's time to pay the piper.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, Joe Keiano joins us, we're going to be talking to him about retirement. Him and I do a show on Sundays. It's on Sundays, right, We pre recorded, but it's on Sundays and we'll record him throughout the week and we do that every weekend. And it's very important. If you've been thinking about retirement, getting closer to it, or if you just started thinking about it. You got to diversify. There's lots of ways to do that, and we're going to take a kind of a deep dive into that. But what do we got cooking here? I'm going to go to Craig he's been holding the longest, it looks like, and then Gary hold tight. We're going to get an attorney on to look at that will. That one with Gary was crazy. In fact, I think I was doing the show when he called out last week and he basically couldn't figure out he thought he was in the will. His dad told him he was in the will. He thought he was getting half of the house and some cash, and Suzanne actually found the will. What ultimately happened was Gary's dad passed all the money went to step mom. Step Mom basically did not follow the wishes of Gary's father and gave everything to her kids and filed the will. We found this out because Suzanne found the will that it was filed by the county. Wherever. Where was that, Susanne?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 5: That was a shoot Mark? I forget the state.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, it was like an Illinois or wherever it was, But the bottom line was he got ast out of the will altogether. But he's got where was it? Ohio, He's got some follow up questions. I want to get one of our attorneys on. That's what's cool about this show. We have so many people that help us out at referrals dot com. But meantime, Craig, what's going on with this autobody shop?
Speaker 13: Hey? Mark, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good Man, how are you? Craig?
Speaker 13: I'm doing great. So listen, you know, I have a classic in Bentley, and you know I've been. It's nineteen ninety nine. I taken it too unbody shop and you know, the car broke down again, so I took it to this other body shop and in the process I alerted the Bureau of Auto Repair.
Speaker 3: The Bureau of Auto Repair. Let's stop right there. Please explain to me what the Bureau of Auto Repair is.
Speaker 13: Well, the Bureau of Auto Repair is.
Speaker 3: And by the way, that's not a classic. If it's a ninety nine, that's not thirty two years old.
Speaker 13: But keep going, okay, Well, well, it says in the book twenty years it becomes a classic. So that's for Bentley in nineteen ninety nine and parts are you know, pretty hard to get. I mean you can get the parts through Bentley.
Speaker 3: You know, this is amazing, people, this is really amazing. There is boy talk about learning something every day. There actually is a government website bar dot CA. So it looks like it's out of California, but it's the Bureau of Automotive Repair. I swear to god, I've never heard of this in my entire life, but it is. It is called the Bureau of Auto Repair. I think it's got to do with California only. So why did you contact this place in California?
Speaker 13: Well because of the fact that I felt that, you know, both auto repair shops were taking advantage of it.
Speaker 3: How were they taking advantage of you? Let's go right to that one quick question.
Speaker 7: You said that after you took it to the first body shop, it broke down. What does a body shop have to do with the working of a car? I don't understand that.
Speaker 13: Well, no, it's not a body shop. It's an auto repair shop.
Speaker 3: You said, a body shop. Who was the first one you took it to.
Speaker 13: Craig, I took it to an auto repair.
Speaker 3: What was it called?
Speaker 13: What is it? Rose Royce Auto repair, And.
Speaker 3: What are you in California?
Speaker 18: Bro?
Speaker 13: Yes, I'm in California.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm sorry. Now this is all starting to make a little more sense. So you brought it there first, and what happened?
Speaker 13: Okay? And so he repaired the car. I drove the car maybe thirty days and it broke down.
Speaker 3: And hey, Craig, what did he do to the car?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 3: I get he repaired it? What did you What were the symptoms when you brought it in?
Speaker 13: Well, it was it was overheating.
Speaker 3: Got it? Well, what did he charge you for, like a radiate or what?
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was ten thousand dollars worth of work.
Speaker 3: Holy Moly's yeah, so I paid.
Speaker 13: Ten thousand dollars worth of work, you know. So the first thing was that he just you know, never got anything approved, kept the car for a long time.
Speaker 3: And hey, Craig, you're young. I'm still kind of missing you. You brought it in for overheating. What did they do for ten thousand dollars?
Speaker 13: They put in a new radiator?
Speaker 8: Okay, and.
Speaker 13: They I believe I don't have.
Speaker 3: Maybe some hoses just stuff like that exactly. But it was truly ten grand, which is possible. I don't know. Anything about your car. But my god, it's a Bentley. So what happened? Thirty days later, you're driving it and it overheats again.
Speaker 13: It does the same, exact same.
Speaker 3: So you bring it back and what did they say?
Speaker 13: I don't bring it back. I don't bring it back. The guy won't touch it. We're arguing, why why won't?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so hold on it overheats. Thirty days later. I've got to understand things before I can help you. Thirty days later, it overheats. So you call him up and say it overheated. I want to bring it back, and he tells you to pound sand What happened?
Speaker 13: Yeah? And so then I take it to another place, right, yeah? And so I leave the car.
Speaker 19: This is in.
Speaker 13: January, you no, February of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you bring it to the second place. What happens?
Speaker 13: I called the bill of auto repair to have them come and inspect it. Did they they? Yes, they come out and they inspect it and so they, you know, they say, the car is you know, the heater is broken. The guy the first guy didn't write and I wasn't really you know.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty I'm sorry to interrupt you. I'm still pretty amazed by this, This Bureau of Automotive Repair. Generally, when I think of California, I go, jeez, the waste money on all kinds of stuff. This actually sounds pretty interesting. If you have a problem with the shop in California, they literally will send someone out to give you assistance. I mean, I'm reading it right on their own website. This is something I actually like. You know, we copy all your emissions crap. Well when it existed. It doesn't exist anymore. But I don't know why Colorado didn't actually copy this cap CAAP program, because this is really a good thing. But you brought it there. What did CAP say when they sent someone out to look at it?
Speaker 13: So they agreed with the second you know place that you know that there was a radiator and then the malfunction of the radiator, which the guy didn't replace the radiator, and so the first guy, I didn't pay attention to what the estimate was and he wrote just some whatever on the estimate, but it was clearly the radiator broke. He didn't replace the radiator. He patched it up and did some kind of work.
Speaker 3: So maybe he rotted it. I don't know. What he did. But he fixed the radiator because it did last thirty days.
Speaker 13: It's thirty days.
Speaker 3: So then what happened? What did CAP say? What did they do? How do they enforce it? Think of that question? And I've got more for you, but I got to take this break, So hang tight, but I do want to get kind of towards the end. You got a problem with the second shop? Should we be calling the first shop? How can we help you? Hold tight?
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right three oh three seven one three eight two five to five jan If you're still listening with that boat sail, I want you to call back. We can always reach out to you I want to help you with that. Okay, I realize you've been holding a long time, but I do want to talk to you about that now. I want to get back to uh Craig. So Craig, let's get back to this man. You had a radiator done, you had it repaired at Shop one, You spend ten thousand dollars. You got a pretty expensive car, you had problems. You decided to get it checked out at a second location, or a second automotive repair place. And sure enough, they basically said the repair wasn't done properly. Is that right?
Speaker 13: Exactly?
Speaker 3: So what happens from there?
Speaker 13: Let's back up, let's back up, Mark, go ahead, I remember, so I gotta apologize you guys called me. It's still early.
Speaker 3: It's all right, go ahead.
Speaker 13: A bit of a brain FuG But so the name of the first shop was Independent Rolls Rice Dealership. I've been taking my car the Independent Rolls right ter the ship for years. I probably could have bought two cars.
Speaker 3: Hey, what is that in Los Angeles? Where is it?
Speaker 13: Yeah? That's in LA I got it right, yep? Okay, And so I probably spent over one hundred and something thousand dollars in auto repairs. I got it over the over the years with this guy Barry all right, and every time I take my car in, you know, it's something else pops up it like he rigs the car. I don't know what the heck, but you know it's a it's a I mean, I pretty take care of the carver.
Speaker 3: I get it. I get it.
Speaker 13: So I took it to the second place. This was in January, February of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got you. And they said that they messed up on the radiator, and the State of California said that as well.
Speaker 13: Yeah so so so then now I leave the car at this guy's place, at this new autoshop. H they auto bodies, right, and I dropped.
Speaker 3: Off, what did you bring it there for?
Speaker 13: For the radiator? Because the radio the car was overheated.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's just odd you would bring it to a body shop, But I get it.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, No, it's not a body shop. It's not a body shop. It's an auto repair. They worked on European And you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what called what she called?
Speaker 13: It's h and a auto it's in still Mark got it, so so so listen to me. I'm and I'll talk to So I dropped it off there, you know, in January, and so I called the guy and uh, he doesn't answer the phone. He never returns my phone calls, you know. And so I asked him, you know, where, when is my car going to be ready? We're going on six months that the guy has the car? Got it right? So I go out on tour, come back. I call the guy, say, hey, let's I want to pay you upfront for the body repair or the you know what I mean, the work that you're going to do, and so that it would get maybe this will get fixed faster. Okay. The guy says, no, I don't want to take the money. I ordered the parts and the parts haven't gotten.
Speaker 3: Here, right, but it's been six months.
Speaker 13: Six months, So the guy lies to me, right, he doesn't order the parts. I have another car there. He takes it apart.
Speaker 3: Where the hell's this car?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 3: Where is it? Tell me it's still there? Where is it?
Speaker 13: No, So one of the cars is still there, okay. Because in the intern I had to rent a car because I didn't have another car. So I rented a car to drive, which I'm paying, you know, with insurance the car itself is I rented a Tesla and so that's seven hundreds and then another eight hundred on top of that from the rental car place for the keep.
Speaker 3: But my god, Craig, keep going with this. I mean, where are we at now they have your car? Did they ever fix the car with the radiator? Is that fixed?
Speaker 13: So the car gets fixed right, yes?
Speaker 3: After thank god?
Speaker 13: Year after him having a year?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Right, yes? So so then when the well the.
Speaker 3: Other way to look at that, though, is after you allowed him to have it a year.
Speaker 13: Well, he had the car for a year because he had to take it apart. I got it right, okay, it's in his shop. And so he tells me that he can't find the parts. So the next day I called Bentley and they said, oh, yeah, we have the parts, right.
Speaker 3: So he was bsing you.
Speaker 13: So I'm like, you know, because he's telling me he does he couldn't.
Speaker 3: Okay, But Craig, you did get the car back, right.
Speaker 13: No, I have got in the car back yet.
Speaker 3: How much does he want for you to come get it because it's ready?
Speaker 13: He wants thirteen thousand okay.
Speaker 3: And you have a problem with that, is that where we're going.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I have a problem with how much do you think?
Speaker 3: How much do you think you should be paying for this repair that took a year?
Speaker 13: It's not even that I think that he needs to reimburse me for the rental car.
Speaker 3: How much is the rental car?
Speaker 13: I mean I'm paying sixteen seventeen hundred dollars a month with you?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Hold on, that's the music, it's the top. You got to hold on there, Craig, I see where he's coming. My god, though, man, talk about telling this story. Holy moly, I want you to pick up Kelly and figure out what H and A Auto's actual addresses and what their phone number is. Everybody holds tight. We got a lot of cook in a net. I promise we'll get to you and Gary. Hold on, go with a sure thing.
Speaker 12: Denver's Best rufer excel grouping dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 13: News, you don't have.
Speaker 12: Come.
Speaker 4: Run in as as we can.
Speaker 13: Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez, welcome my friends to the only show of his camera.
Speaker 3: Here to south problems, answer your questions, take complaints. We're here to go after the bad guys. You've been ripped off for taking advantage of We want to know about it. We've got a list of experts on referral lists dot com that help us day in and day out. In fact, one of them, Jochiano's with us. We're going to be talking a little bit about retirement as we go on throughout the show. I got one line open three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five or three oh three Martino. By the way, that number works on and off the air. I do need to do this real quick. Then we're going to go back to Craig. Craig basically had a car worked on. It was in a shop for over a year and he wants the shop to reimburse him I do want to ask you one quick question, Craig, and we're trying to get them on in the background. But Craig, let me ask you this. You said you wanted them to reimburse you for the rental car. Do you also not want to pay them for the repairs?
Speaker 13: Well, so that's the deal. I have a cashier's check to pay for the repairs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, yeah, and thirteen grand right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm gonna take that, take them to small claims court. It's I mean, small claims is like ten twelve thousand dollars. I think, yeah, schedule, you know what I'm saying. So the thing is, I don't want to pay him, you know what I mean, and then get a judgment against him, and then him not pay me for the judgment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got you. Hold On, did Kelly get the shops information?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 13: She got the shop?
Speaker 3: All right? Hold on, Kelly want to I want to see if he can come on and we can help you negotiate this. But I'll be honest, man, I don't think you would win in court. But maybe I'm missing something. He did lie about the parts, according to you, but you also left it there. You could have went and picked it up and brought it somewhere else. But I would like to talk to him, but I've got to take this because we have one of our attorney experts up, Dan McKenzie. So, Dan, let me bring you up real quick. Let me let me kind of catch you up on this. It's pretty crazy, Dan. So Gary calls up. Last week his father had him in the will. Okay, you follow me so far?
Speaker 13: Yep.
Speaker 3: His father dies and everything goes to the step mother. Stepmother died recently of this year. If I recall, let me bring him up real quick, Gary, when did your stepmother die? Yeah? So she dies in February. Dan, And basically they kind of quit answering the phone, don't talk to him. He wants to know are they selling the house? Do I get the house? He wants to know what's going on with the will. Well, Suzanne started digging around and found that the will was actually filed. Where was it again, Idaho? I believe it was Ohio in Ohio, So she found it online where it was filed with whatever county there, Dan, and she pulled up the will actually sent it to you. So basically, here's here's what he could figure out. Sure enough, everything went to the stepmother when he died. Then she changed the will altogether, and basically when she died, gave everything to her own daughters. They were her daughters, right, Gary?
Speaker 13: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: And then Gary got ast out one hundred percent. So he asked some follow up questions. But Dan, do you kind of understand what's going on?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So go ahead, what are the follow up questions? Gary? Because to me, it seems pretty cut and dry. You got ast out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it seems pretty cut and right to me.
Speaker 13: Dan.
Speaker 8: So I contacted my attorney in Aufio about this, and he said I had the ability to contest the will if I can prove that I was included of the beneficiary in her previous will. But she didn't have a will. So that's what causes me to not think I can contest it.
Speaker 3: And the other Well, hold on, Gary, I I want to understand that. Dan, If you understood that, explain it to me. Are they saying that her will there might have been a previous one, not the current one, and if he was a beneficiary that he might have you know, something going on. I mean, what did you make out of that?
Speaker 21: Well, he would at least have standing to challenge it.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 21: You know, when you're a step kid, you don't really have any interest in the estate. But if there was a previous will saying what he had in interest, then if he can knock this current one out that does not have him, then we go back to the previous one and he's in that one.
Speaker 3: So interesting, But that doesn't mean that the newer one doesn't override the older one.
Speaker 21: Right, Oh, the new one overrides it. But was it the product? Like, did the kids pressure her to change?
Speaker 13: It? Got him?
Speaker 3: It gives him standing to get involved in front of a judge.
Speaker 21: Yeah, he's got to prove the case, but at least he is standing to do it.
Speaker 3: Interesting, keep going, Gary.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I'm thinking that I probably may not win. That Is there a way that I could contact much brother who's the executor on the will, and somebody could speak to him about trying to amend that will? So I'm still included, and Dan, I'm only included in seventeen percent of these How can you possibly wait?
Speaker 3: Wait, Gary, I don't even understand you're saying, can you amend a dead person's will?
Speaker 13: That's my question?
Speaker 3: Well, I guess that's a question, Dan. I mean, if that if that was possible, that seems like the entire point of a will would make no sense.
Speaker 21: Right, Yeah, I mean the parties. You know, again I'm in Colorado. This is Ohio, so it might be different there. I mean, the parties of course can agree. They could agree to split what they got with you, or they might be able to agree to some sort of you know, obviously they got they've got the stuff, and if they agree to give it to you, they can do that.
Speaker 3: But that's not amending. But hold on, Dan, that's not amending the will. That's them being nice.
Speaker 18: Correct.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, that's direction I would go. If there's an ability to at least speak speak to the executor, well, it would have.
Speaker 3: Wait a second though, but Dan, please correct me if I'm wrong. It would have nothing to do with the executor. It would have to do with the people that got everything deciding to give you some of it.
Speaker 21: Yeah, he's one of them. I think he got the executor. It's also the person got.
Speaker 8: The moment, it looks like.
Speaker 21: But yeah, any one of them could choose to give share with Gary.
Speaker 3: You should call up and ask him. I mean, that is a good path to take. Go, Hey, why'd you guys ace me out. That was my dad's stuff. You know, this really sucks.
Speaker 21: Uh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know if I'm the person to do because they were probably all complicit and locking me out of it anyway. So I was looking for maybe a mediator or a negotiator who could speak a little bit differently than I.
Speaker 3: Well, Dan can't practice law there, but Dan, let's pretend this was in Colorado. Is that something you would take on and say, Okay, you know what, I don't mind making that phone call and seeing if I can get somewhere with it. Or is that something that it just isn't done or what do you think?
Speaker 21: I mean, you can always ask, but they just have no legal obligation to do anything as far as I can tell. So I just don't know if having a mediator, I mean, like, well, you know, whatever mediation is to try and give you some certainty. Well, they already have certainty. I don't have to do I don't have to do anything. I just don't know if that really is going to get I think, you know, you try and make your best appeal as a human being, and you know, see if you can sweeten the thing up a little bit. But you know at the at the end of the day, I don't. I don't really see unless there was, like the attorney told you, if there was a previous will, and you do have a case it's back up or something when she signed this thing, and then maybe you got something there.
Speaker 8: I just don't know. If that, where would I go to find a previous will end as she might have had.
Speaker 3: Well, you do not file a will anywhere. I mean, it could be anywhere.
Speaker 21: I mean in Colorado. If you have a document purporting to be a well, you are supposed to hand it over the court like they did here. So even if there is a newer will, if there's an older will, you're supposed to lodge that one too, so that people can figure this kind of thing out. Frankly, but do you know, I mean, like I mean, I don't know. If you don't know want exists, that's can be a challenging thing to do.
Speaker 3: I guess you should probably hire literally hire an attorney out there if you really want to start digging into this. But to me, it sounds like if that's the newest will, even if you get standing in front of the court and these folks don't want to give you anything, you're going to end up not getting anything. But that's just a personal opinion.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, that's the way it looks to me as well.
Speaker 3: It really sucks too, Gary. I find it crazy they aced you out of your dad's stuff. But you know, people are people.
Speaker 21: It happens all the time. I mean, we get step kids in here all the time. We're in the situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy, Gary, I put him on hold. By the way, Dan McKenzie one of our legal experts. If you do need a will or a trust, maybe you did get divorced, maybe you have a mixed family. Now everything changes. If you haven't updated the will, maybe it's time for a trust. Your kids are older, maybe you're a high net worth person and you need some help with asset protection. This is what Dan does and he's the best at it. Give him a call.
Speaker 8: Dan.
Speaker 3: You do a lot of stuff flat rate too. You'll talk to people, you'll tell them, look, it looks like you just need a simple will right now where you need a trust, and you'll tell him how much that's going to be, and you basically create the plan for him.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 3: I love what you do. Dan. I appreciate you coming on your wealth of information. When we have questions like that, you can reach Dan McKenzie at eight three three COEO Plans eight three three co Plans. Now, listen, we got to take a quick break. We've got Alec. Alec is the owner of H and A Autocraft and basically H and A. Our caller said his vehicle for a year, and now he wants Aleck or H and A to pay for the rental. He says that Aleck lied about not being able to get to part because when he called up Rolls, Royce or Bentley, whatever kind of car it was, it was a pretty fancy car. He could find the part right away. And we love giving the other side of the story a chance to come on to Aleck. I appreciate you coming on. You're gonna be up right after this and we're gonna find out his side of the story. Everybody hanged tight.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We've got a lot cooking. What was the name of the caller they called on that? Uh h and A. I hate when things are taking off my screen. What was it, Craig, Greg, You're sure done?
Speaker 5: Mark?
Speaker 16: It was God?
Speaker 3: I knew this was it.
Speaker 5: Craig with a C.
Speaker 3: Keep stuff on my screen, Craig cr ai G. So I want to go to the owner, Alec of h and A Autocraft and Alec, first of all, thanks for coming on. How are you doing today?
Speaker 13: Good yourself?
Speaker 3: I'm doing very good.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 3: Listen, we had a call from Craig, and I guess you're familiar with him. He didn't want to be on with you, so we're gonna call him back at a later time. But the bottom line is he's saying, you guys had a vehicle and it seemed like it was a pretty exotic car. It was like a ninety nine Bentley and it had a problem with the radiator. A previous shop looked at it. I guess they attempted to fix it, and it lasted thirty days according to Craig, but then it broke. You guys ended up getting the vehicle and it took you a year to fix it. Meantime, he had to rent a car and he wants you guys to pay for the rental. And I guess he's also holding a check for thirteen thousand dollars to you know, pick up the car. So what's going on with tis shed some light on this, okay?
Speaker 22: So first of all, we were contacted by Craig. You reports to us by another mutual client of ours. It did tell me that his car spent some time at a shop. No one can figure out what's going on with They tried to fix it, but it's still having the same issue. So no, anytime you want, you can bring it by it we could take a look at it, see.
Speaker 13: What's going on.
Speaker 22: And he brought the car, followed by a Bureau of Investigation. So once I got the car, the car was already involved in the investigation.
Speaker 3: From hey, Alec, Alec, educate me a little. I am very naive when it comes to the state getting involved. What exactly is that? What is that department to I think it's called like CAP or something.
Speaker 22: The car is basically the Bureau of Automotive Repairs Fans for California. It basically protects the consumers against any repair facility. So basically, once you file a complain, your complaining could be anything, they hire an investigator they have, well they don't hire them, but they have their own investigators that basically investigate the issues the car had.
Speaker 3: That's incredible or was it fair?
Speaker 22: Was it not fair? And if there's anything unfair from the shop, then it gets flagged. And if it's anything major then essentially your our license gets revoked.
Speaker 3: That that's amazing. Let me ask you this. You know here in Colorado we copy a lot of stuff like your emissions, although thank god that's gone now. But I want to ask you this, what do you actually think of this CAP? Is it corrupt? Is it good for the consumer? I mean, what are your thoughts about it? And this has nothing to do with Craig, but what are your thoughts on this CAP program?
Speaker 22: I actually like it, to be honest with you. It's kind of helps consumers and repair facilities and situations like this. So I have no complaints about it. I'm happy it's there. It's also a guideline for a certain kind of feed that you can charge sports consumer. It's a certain kind of.
Speaker 3: Guideline or like storage or whatever.
Speaker 22: Yes, it also protects the repair facilities. Again, basically false claim in like this situation. So at no point the bar or the Bureau of Automotive states that got it. I'm responsible for the rental. That's one percent up to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's very curious, and I'm glad you kind of jumped to that. I don't know why he would think you would be responsible for the rental. Now, the argument he makes is that you said you couldn't get the radiator or whatever part it was. I'm not quite sure what it was, but he found it instantly and he thinks you were kind of lying about it. Is why he thinks you're cupable or should pay some of that. Uh, I guess.
Speaker 22: Bit of a story.
Speaker 13: Sure.
Speaker 22: Once the car came in and I was obviously leaking coolant and he was overheating, I took it to get the car. We run a full diagnostic as much as we could.
Speaker 13: I called him. I let him know.
Speaker 22: Listen, I don't know what your other shop did, but have the things that you were charged for. I do not see them being marked on. So they had charged them for seals and gaskets, but none of those gaskets wore the issue.
Speaker 13: That the car had.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they sold them. They sold them stuff either that he didn't need. They might have thought he needed it. I don't know if it was done nefariously or not, but they sold him stuff that wasn't needed.
Speaker 22: That I'm not sure, because that's what I was trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because on the.
Speaker 22: Voids from the previous shop, it does not say why or what did they diagnosed what was.
Speaker 3: Wrong with it? By the way, why was it leaking? Cooling and overheating?
Speaker 22: So it was overheating mainly because the water pump wasn't able to circulate any water. And the second reason is, at one point, I'm pretty sure the tempers that got stuck close overload of pressure and because the radiator is partially plastic and aluminum. Yeah, the plastic, so it was just breaking water out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it. So you you you basically fixed it for about thirteen thousand, Is that correct? That is correct, and he approved.
Speaker 8: All of that.
Speaker 22: Well, initially he followed the complaint that he didn't approve, but there is multiple emails him asking of the final invoice.
Speaker 13: Got it.
Speaker 22: Oh there's that?
Speaker 3: So CAP actually CAP actually got involved in this, and they do they make a ruling or what?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 3: What did their investigate? Fine that you did nothing wrong?
Speaker 22: Exactly?
Speaker 13: They closed the complaint, got it.
Speaker 22: They compacted him after they compacted me, and he says the car's been here here in a year, but actually the car has been ready for four months. And I have multiple text messages from him, got it, letting him know, Hey, listen, when do you want to come pick up the car?
Speaker 3: You know I'm going to tell him listen. I don't even know need to go any further on this. I love the fact you guys do have this CAP program. If they closed it, I I have no idea why he thinks you owe him for the rental, especially after telling me the vehicle was done four months ago. So we'll get him back on We'll tell him that if he does take you a small claims court, I would assume the judge or the magistrate's going to look at the CAP report when you bring it and probably rule in your favor that you don't owe him any kind of stories. And I don't know why. I don't know why he thinks. I don't care what state you're in. I don't know of any place where you drop your car off and they give you a rental car for free. I mean that would I just you never hear of that. If it's under warranty, companies can be nice and do it.
Speaker 13: No, that's actually a thing.
Speaker 22: We do provide rentals if you're going through insurance. And if you don't have rental and you're still going through insurance my shop, we provide loaners. We give you a free car to drive. Wow, that only applies when it's an insurance claim involved.
Speaker 13: Got it now?
Speaker 22: When he said he found the parts quickly, Yeah, that's right, he found the part. So we just also, I have proved conversation of this. I only have an account set up with Rosnock, Rose, Roys and Bentley. Yeah, this part is on back order. They do not make it anymore. This car was only produced in ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Where did he find it?
Speaker 22: He found basically custom radiator, all aluminum, custom radiator.
Speaker 13: Got it?
Speaker 22: I supposed to it's not plug and play. We had to modify bracket for it to sit properly. We had to modify.
Speaker 3: Is that what you ended up doing was using the one that he found, Yes, and you had to modify it to use it. Hey, man, Alex, I get it one hundred percent. I got you back on hold. I really do appreciate you coming on and we'll we'll catch up with him a little later in the hour. But I do I love when business has come on and at least shed light on the other side of the story. What do you guys think? I think he sounds pretty straight up, and even just talking to Craig, I was sitting there scratching my head, going, why wouldn't you just pick it up if you weren't happy with this? And Craig never offered the information. This was the part these guys had to modify.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you know what really struck me what this gentleman's call is that he said the car has been ready for months and months months.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And it doesn't sound like Craig is being charged storage or anything. Nobody applied for a title to his car as a band. What were you going to say?
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say I thought Alex sound or Alex pardon me sounded legit and stand up and yeah.
Speaker 3: Well hopefully we can talk back. And I'd be curious if he does take him to court with the outcome is Jennifer, Sean Martin, Nnette, everybody hold tight, a lot coming up, Go.
Speaker 12: With a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison all Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three O three seven one three A two five five. We've got a lot cooking, and n ie mean a lot. I do want to talk to Joe Keano real quick. Joe, you know we talk about retirement all the time. Stock markets up right now? Is it gonna stay up? What do you think?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 3: What goes up? Must come down. I know it's crazy. I mean, you know right now the market and the economy is very volatile. Yes it is. We're looking for is safety is his mic on. I think we got to start over there. Joe, go ahead, Joe, No, no, no, that's fine. You know I have a stock market. It goes up in the coast.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 3: The economy's crazy. It is crazy, you know. So people need Every time they say tear safety, every every time they say teris, the stock market drops. Absolutely. We have no control.
Speaker 23: I think people are finally understanding that they want to have control of their money. Yeah, and they want to have control of their future, control of their retirement basically, so they don't see people don't want to lose money.
Speaker 13: Mark.
Speaker 3: But what's really nice about some of the products you sell, some of the annuities you sell. The growth on them is way more than I ever thought. If people get into these, and people like Doc get into them right as they retire, maybe they sell their house or downside and they get into it. But a lot of people might buy an annuity like around my age, in their fifties and they don't realize we did one. The other day. We were punching numbers for somebody for the other show, and it was a million dollar a million dollar annuity at the age of fifty, and by the time they were seventy, they had close to a half a million dollars a year coming in till the day they died every year exactly. Yeah, within within two I think it was within two and a half years, they made back their initial part. Listen to this. I'm not kidding it. I'm not kidding over over, I think it was four hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year till the day they died. Then, Dmitri, if they couldn't cook for themselves or dress for themselves, it doubles. They'd be looking at nine hundred thousand dollars a year for that payout. Now, granted, that's a million dollars at the age of fifty and at the age of maybe it was seventy doins I think it was seventy or I forget what, ay five, but it was four hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year till the day they died. D that was it.
Speaker 6: That's really I mean, that's really fascinating. I can't imagine what insurance company would take a risk like that.
Speaker 23: Well, they're not taking a risk, Dmitry. You know what they're doing is they're investing them money themselves. Sure, but so you're not attached to nowached to I yeah, so Cinal's companies they have longevity credits. So it's going to hurt to explain. But I mean when people live long they win. Yeah, okay, so the people that actually die, the people that are living longer, they get longevity credits.
Speaker 3: So they're able to afford to give out the money. Well like mine is with AIG, which is not going away, right, okay, right, I mean these things are pretty much guaranteeing. In fact, the one and here's the other thing to meetri the part we didn't say about that that million dollars, we should run that again. Maybe it was at age forty. I don't it was either at forty or fifty. Did that? So he's coming in, will be a next hour. So but here's the interesting part. The minute you buy that, it's not worth a million anymore. It's worth one million, one hundred and fifty thousand, because you get that one hundred and fifty thousand dollars bonus instantly, they want the growth starts right there that day, and then when you pull the trigger, that's when you get that guaranteed money, and you also get that other benefit of long term care, which doubles it. So, so Joe, can this Can this annuity be used as collateral for a loan? So matures.
Speaker 6: So let's say a guy puts in a million dollars at age fifty, like right just described, and instead of losing any utility of this money, could he then use it to purchase a house or take or withdraw cash from some kind of a loan against this annuity.
Speaker 3: Not a not a loan. They can take a withdrawal every year, they can put it back. They can put it back in if they want to roll. In the scenario we're talking about, they could take out a minimum minimum one hundred thousand dollars a year ten percent yeap up to ten percent without a penalty yep. And then if you die, because a lot of people are thinking of the old annuities, d let's say you die, Yeah, you had this annuity for twenty five years and you're thinking or retiring and going to that money and you croak. Yeah, the value of that account, the entire value, not just the initial amount, not just the principle. The entire value goes to whoever your beneficiary is. That's not like you're losing. As a matter of fact.
Speaker 23: You know, we had a client last week that wanted to get a loan, and she said, could you please send me the statements of my annuity?
Speaker 3: She had no idea, She had no idea.
Speaker 23: But the thing is though, she wanted to have proof that the annuity was growing so that the bank could give her the loan.
Speaker 3: Did she get it? She got it, yeah, I mean it's a fantastic.
Speaker 6: In the scenario you just described, this annuity was being used as collateral for a bank loan for a better bank. That's related to this abstraction, that is right, And what percentage of this annuity value is available in the form of a loan from an unrelated bank.
Speaker 3: So in your case, we just discussed a million dollars.
Speaker 23: So whatever the value of the annuity is, Yeah, after twenty thirty years, that million bucks is probably worth whatever five million or whatever it is.
Speaker 7: You know, we have to surrender value that you would use the surrender value, yeah, not the actual value. The surrender value is right, Yeah, so you have to take that into account exactly now.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen. We're going to be talking more about that in the hours to come. But any questions, anytime Joe's on, I always say this, any naysayers, it's simple as this. You call them up. You go to their website, my Moneymway dot com, their phone numbers there. I'll give it out. But call up, say I'm forty years old, I'm fifty years old. If I do a fifty thousand dollars annuity, what's my guaranteed money every month when I retire? Ask the question.
Speaker 12: Ask it.
Speaker 3: It's guaranteed. It can't go down, you can't lose it. And never put all your eggs in one basket. My god, I would never say that, but think about it. You're always going to have your mortgage payment, you're always going to have your rent payment, You're always going to have whatever you're doing the annuity for. It's guaranteed money you'll always have till the day you die. Now a net I promise you're coming up next Martin, Sean Jennifer year after that, everybody hold tight. This is the Troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing. Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We've got a lot cooking right now and net's been holding the longest to NET from North Carolina. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Yes, a lot.
Speaker 24: I get a direct deposit onto a depret card that was issued by the United States government. And every every few months there's a problem with the cars. Uh, I can't get the money off the card or they change the car. Don't let us know that they change the car.
Speaker 13: The car somewhere I supposed to be in the mill.
Speaker 3: Hell you now, what's the subsidy based on? Is it like snap?
Speaker 25: What is it?
Speaker 24: It's a No, it's a direct it's called direct Express. It's a government paid. Uh uh, there's a bank called Commerce Bank that controls direct Express.
Speaker 3: What what is the money for?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 3: What is the money for?
Speaker 24: It's for people with disability. It's a type payments.
Speaker 3: Got it? So it's an asset for you? Is it SSD? I? What is it for?
Speaker 13: Yes, it's with me. It's just I'm disable. Got it?
Speaker 3: And how much was the last how much monthly do you receive on that.
Speaker 24: Nast six to seven?
Speaker 3: And when was the last time you didn't get nine sixty seven?
Speaker 13: The last time with June first?
Speaker 3: And what happened on June first?
Speaker 13: Well, with June first, I.
Speaker 24: Got it, But this month I was supposed to get it and I haven't gotten it.
Speaker 3: So it's just simply and I'm sorry because I don't know the exact dates we're talking about, but so I understand right now we're July second. When do you usually get it available on that debit card on the first of each month?
Speaker 13: It's the first of.
Speaker 24: Each month, unless the first falls on a week of holiday or a weekend.
Speaker 13: Got it?
Speaker 3: Then you get it the next available day.
Speaker 24: We get it, we get the last week day before.
Speaker 5: And has it been late in the past?
Speaker 3: And it Yeah, when's the last time it was late.
Speaker 22: Yeah, just a couple of months ago it was late.
Speaker 10: It was like.
Speaker 13: About six days late.
Speaker 3: So it was always shows.
Speaker 5: But it's late, which is causing a big financial burden to you.
Speaker 13: Yes, because I have to pay all these late charges. Oh, that's off.
Speaker 24: At one point if I could off for a couple of days and I had stay in the dark because it sucks.
Speaker 13: Oh it didn't come.
Speaker 3: That sucks. Let me ask you this when you do. Let's talk about the last time it was six days late. Did you ever communicate with somebody that told you why it was late? Or you just have no idea?
Speaker 26: Oh no, because you call and you don't get nobody on the phone automatically goes to to put your own home and all.
Speaker 22: You do is listen to this harbor music, if you can call it that.
Speaker 3: How old are you and me?
Speaker 13: I'm just turned six day years old? What? What?
Speaker 3: What is your disability?
Speaker 13: Oh? I have.
Speaker 26: It find of thesis, romatory authoriers, osteo authritis, osteoterrosis, Oh, kidney disease.
Speaker 3: Lord, that's enough. You don't you don't You're depressing me at this point. That's crazy.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I'm telling you and I have difficulty of walking, and.
Speaker 24: I had fast surgeon and surgeons and get rid of it.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you something that when you get in this bind, here's what I'm afraid of, trying to figure out how you always get this check on time. I don't think it's going to matter because I think in the future it's going to be late again. I don't care what anybody tells us. Uncle Sam can barely do anything when it comes to money, right, So let let me ask you this. When you start getting late fees, give me an idea of a late fee you have right now?
Speaker 24: Oh goodness, So on one like say, rant is fifteen dollars late late fee?
Speaker 3: And does that kick in?
Speaker 13: Oh? Oh? Each you think the rent you can you have into the fifth to pay your rent.
Speaker 3: To the fifth. So long as it comes in by the fifth, you can do it. But if not, it's going to cost you that fifteen bucks exactly. Now, do you owe more than one late payment or you're all caught up?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 27: Right now?
Speaker 24: Well, two bills I have as of tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I have a late see and what are how much of the late fees? As of tomorrow?
Speaker 24: One is fifteen the other one is twenty five.
Speaker 3: And what's the twenty five dollars one.
Speaker 13: That's a medical that's a medical view.
Speaker 3: And what's the fifteen dollar one that that is the light view, the light bill, and then the rent bill is another fifteen after the fifth or six. Yes, and I see this is happening all the time. So yes, if you've got to be honest with me at this point. So if I was to pay, if I was to give you fifty dollars, would that solve the problem going forward? Forget about this month? And here's what I mean by that. If we pay those late bills now, then you would always have that fifty dollars going forward to where if your card was laid again, if that deposit onto your debit card was late again, you should always have that padding to go forward. Does that make sense? Hold on a second? Three oh three seven, one, three eight, two, five to five, Martin, Jennifer, Shawn, you guys, hold on. I promise you're up next right here on the Troubleshooter Show. We got a lot cooking. Everybody, bear with us. I promised we'll get to these calls. Any questions you have, help it troubleshooter dot com.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 13: Rip tough.
Speaker 7: News.
Speaker 12: So you don't have.
Speaker 21: Come run anxious as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 15: Come man, this is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, try to make your life a little bit better. You find yourself in a bind. We've got people at referral list dot com include attorneys, contractors, you pretty much name it, professionals, stores that are here to help you. We love what we do. We've recovered over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds directly due to this show over the years. Three oh three Martinos a phone number. Make sure you tell your friends, your family if they need help. We want to hear from them, three oh three Martino and that number works on or off the air. You can also email us at any time at help at troubleshooter dot com. Now we were talking to a Net last hour. I'm going to bring her back up and we're going to finish up with her real quick, and we're gonna move on to Jennifer. She's got a problem with the four deal dealership in Pueblo. And then Sean has an issue with Neo Orthodonics. We used to actually do advertising for Neo, like I want to say, ten years ago, maybe even longer. And then Martin's got a problem with Appliance Factory Outlet. We get that call quite a bit. It seems to be a little less than it used to be. But I have definitely had the Appliance Factory Outlet call before and it's usually about their warranty sucks. We're gonna dig into that. But a Net, here's the bottom line, and let me just recap. And that's got a problem. She's on SSDI. She's got every ailment you can imagine, And basically, she's supposed to get about nine hundred dollars to one thousand dollars on the first of every month through SSDI. They basically load up her debit card. A lot of times it doesn't happen a couple months ago, it didn't happen till the fifth or six. And what that does is that creates three late fees, two fifteen dollars late fees and a twenty five dollars late fee right in net correct. So here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna put Deputy Doc on it. He's gonna call you up off air, and we're gonna he's gonna call up each of those three places, the electric company, the apartment complex, as well as the medical bill collection people, and we're gonna to try to get them to move the do dates. And we're pretty good at getting this done. Doc's really good at this. Moved to say the fifteenth. That way, if it does come in late, it's not gonna create these extra charges for you. But we're also gonna send you fifty five dollars because we're not gonna have time to move these right now. And a lot of these late fees kicking tomorrow. So how do we get you fifty five bucks? What's the easiest way to do that?
Speaker 13: By mail or.
Speaker 24: Use that if you're in my cash at me, they have to do it to my son.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna have Suzanne figure that part out. Suzanne, you can get on that. So you hold on in that. We're gonna get you the fifty five bucks, so you don't go that into the hole. And then Deputy Doc's gonna call you up later on and he's gonna call up each of these places and try to get it moved, because that's gonna be a lot easier than trying to get Uncle Sam to be on time. So, hey, we appreciate you call and tell your friends and stuff.
Speaker 8: Got it all right?
Speaker 13: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. Hold on, We've got to get some more information from you. Uh three oh three seven one three eight two five five will have one line open in a few minutes. Jennifer, you've been holding the longest. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Hi, We have a problem with Alpine Ford in Pablo, Colorado.
Speaker 13: Got it?
Speaker 1: And I know you've had another caller in the past call about them and you were able to help them.
Speaker 3: We've probably had more than one, but that's cool. So what's going on? What happened?
Speaker 1: Well, I have adult children, they're very young, they're in their twenties. They went in Saturday, kind of started negotiating a deal, went back Monday morning.
Speaker 3: Hey wait, wait, wait a second, Jennifer, you're going a little too fast. Generally I try to speed people up. But were they buying a new car or used car? And who went in? Brother's sister, husband, wife? Who was it?
Speaker 1: It was my son Chase and his pregnant wife, Maddie got it, went in to purchase. It started with the used truck, but the mileage that was online for that truck was underestimated than the actual mileagell it was.
Speaker 3: I'm curious what did they advertise it as.
Speaker 1: A used pickup truck? And the mileage was off by about I think he said ten thousand miles on that one and a couple other ones the mileage were off.
Speaker 18: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: That sounds like false advertising. You know, the dealer board doesn't take to that very nicely, and people might think I'm overreaching there, but I'm telling you something. When you lie to get people to come in the old bait and switch. You say, hey, i've got a vehicle that's got Let's take a Hondai for instance. It's been certified that would have one hundred thousand mile powertrain warranty. They advertise it as ninety five thousand, but you show up, it's got one hundred and five. There's no warranty, and they try to put you into something else. I think that's some sneaky crap. But anyhow, Jennifer, So they show up on a Saturday, there showed a few different vehicles. Did they end up signing any paperwork? Did they buy anything?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 1: They actually went back on Monday with one of their trade in. They were trading in a Mazda's the X ninety that was about a year old that they were having issues with.
Speaker 3: What do you mean a year old?
Speaker 2: Don't you.
Speaker 1: Something with one of the computer parts on the engine and there one or two was almost step and it had already been back to the dealership multiple times.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 5: They had what year was this, Manzta twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: So they had a twenty twenty four Mazda they were going to trade in possibly on another used vehicle, No, on a.
Speaker 1: Brand They landed on a brand new twenty twenty four supposedly brand new pickup Chuck that already had over one thousand miles.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they show up. That's fine. So they show up and they have the trade in.
Speaker 1: What happens, Well, they trade in one. They have a camper. It's a twenty eighteen Montana Keystone. It's a big ol' honking camper. Right, So they sold their pickup truck and they were like, we'll just keep the camper. And then they decided they wanted to get rid of the camper. But nobody owns a pickup truck big enough to get the camper down to be looked at.
Speaker 3: Who's going to look at it? Where are they going to sell it? Where was alpine Ford going to offer money for it?
Speaker 1: Well, they were trying every dealership but Alpine Ford. We live out in Pueblo, West, and I don't know if you've ever been down here. There's not very many car dealerships in Pueblo or Canyon City. So they ended up at Alpine Ford. Other dealerships, it said, we can't give you a trade in, obviously without seeing the camper. Well, alpine Ford was more than happy to make a deal with my caves without seeing the camper.
Speaker 3: Okay, so how much did they how much did they offer for the camper?
Speaker 21: H Okay?
Speaker 1: I have all of their PaperWorks here, and oh lord, hold on, hold on, Jennifer, I gotta I just got to understand something.
Speaker 3: I'm going to have you send that to us. Sturn the break so I can look at it. But here's what I want to understand. They go back down Monday, and if I got this right, they made a deal to trade in a camper and trade in the twenty twenty four Mazda on a new vehicle from Alpine Ford. Is that at least correct? That's correct? But the trailer or the camper they couldn't get down there because they didn't have a truck big enough. But yet they still offered him X amount of money for the camper they did? And is all this in the paperwork? When I look at the paperwork, the paperwork says X amount for the camper, trade in X amount for the Mazda. Trade in.
Speaker 6: That part.
Speaker 1: I have not been able to actually locate where it's itemized Mazda.
Speaker 3: So what does it say on the well, I'm going to see the paperwork in a second. Hold On, I'm dying to figure out what these guys signed for in writing. That's what's gonna matter here. And then I assume and we're all gonna find out, including everybody listening, Jennifer, We're gonna find out, like, did they finally get to camper down there and now they don't want it? Are they renagging on the deal? I mean, I'm dying to know what's going on. Hold tight, and Sean Martin Candy, you guys are up after that.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right three ZHO three seven one three A two five five. By the way, This hour brought to you by Frank Duran, the real estate man. You want the best realtor out there. You want a guy that sells more homes in one month for more money than most realtors in the entire state of Colorado is selling a year. You call it, Frank, I am not kidding. He has saved us so much money when he negotiated the house we live in and when he sold our house in Castle Rock, he got more for our model than anybody else did at the time for the same exact model in Red Hawk that was a neighborhood. The guy's unbelievable. He is a negotiation machine, a negotiating machine. Check him out at Frank Durant Holmes dot com. I promise not one person in twenty years that we have sent to Frank has ever been upset. Everybody's happy. Everybody uses them multiple times. Frank Duranholmes dot com. And by the way, fix it twenty four to seven. Renee is who I was talking about free second opinions. Here's a perfect example. She emailed me. We got a quote on a new ac They said we had to do the furnace at the same time. It was like thirteen thousand is at a good price. Well, I don't know, nor do I know, Renee, whether you need the furnace and air conditioner if those can be fixed. But if you go to fixmihome dot com, they will come out and give you a free second opinion and a better price most likely if you do need it. Hopefully you don't need it. That's a lot of money to spend fix my home dot Com. Now we're gonna go back to Jennifer. To Jennifer, and this one's kind of crazy. Her son and his significant other, who happens to be pregnant, went to Alpine Ford in Pueblo, and basically the story goes like this. They're trading in a camper and at twenty twenty four Mazda on a new vehicle. And the reason they're getting rid of the Masita even though it's still under warranty. I guess they've had some problems with it. But I'm not going to come in here and start beating you up. But people in their twenties and their teens, one of the biggest problems they ever have, Jennifer is negative equity. They buy something, they pay too much for it, then they roll it into another vehicle. They still owe more, so they got to bump the price of the new vehicle two or three cars down the line. Here's what can happen, and it happens all the time. They get into an accident. I don't care if it's their fault or someone else hits them. Insurance gets involved. Insurance is only going to pay the actual value, not the negative equity. And the next thing you know, they have no vehicle, but they still owe ten thousand dollars on them. But I'm just telling you that for future reference, they should not be buying new cars and trading in fairly new cars. But that's not where we're at. So where are we at right now?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well, I just fairness to Mazda. There was only seven thousand miles left on the warranty. Chase was worried about the safety, so nothing against Mazda. They gave them rentals when they were working on it, so nothing against Tmasda, but safety reasons for his family. He doesn't want them breaking down. But back to Alpine, so they make the deal. The interest rate fluctuated. They were told four point nine. They get in there and sign paperwork and it was not four point nine, And I kind of questioned my son, but that's another story. He's like, Mom, we just needed to do this, so.
Speaker 3: Like whatever, okay, So what was the interest rate?
Speaker 1: Seven point seven?
Speaker 3: Well that's not it's honestly not horrible, so keep going. His credit must be somewhat decent. So what else?
Speaker 1: Okay? So then they give my son one of their used pickup tracks.
Speaker 3: Well, you said it had one thousand miles, I mean that doesn't necessarily mean it's used, right.
Speaker 1: Well, no, they gave him a whole nother pickup truck to use to go retrieve the camper.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got you.
Speaker 1: I hadn't seen it yet, but they saw pictures of it. And when they asked Chase the Maddie the quality of the camper, they said they have bought it about a year and a half ago. It was used they purchased.
Speaker 3: Well that's all right, I get it. So they lent them a truck to go get it so they could look at it. So did that happen right?
Speaker 1: Well, they already, Yeah, So we picked up the pickup truck, or we got the pickup truck and we went to get the camper. Because I went with them we took it back to the dealership and so I'm like, you don't, you don't need to talk to anybody. They like, no, Mom, the deal's already done, Like you have already sold all of this stuff side unseen. He's like yeah. I was like, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: So when he brought it back to the dealership, what did they say?
Speaker 1: They one guy went and looked at it, and he asked for the key and Chased It's like, it's on the peg board inside the camper and he's like, I can't find it. Chases like, I have is bare one. I'll bring it to you. While driving back to the home, they called and said, now, meanwhile, they still didn't have a key to the camper to go in, and I guess, turn on the camper. I'm not quite sure to look at it. They called Chase and Maddie and said, hey, we had a buyer come in and look at it, and they said they don't want to buy it because of a floor. And I'm like, honey, what what.
Speaker 13: Do you mean.
Speaker 1: They had a buyer and he changed his mind, and now they want to change Jennifer let me.
Speaker 3: I just got to speed this up a little bit here, here's what I'm interested in. I have not seen, by the way, I have not seen the paperwork. I really do want to see it. Can you tell me where they're at right now? Do they own a new truck?
Speaker 13: Yes? Or no?
Speaker 3: Or a new vehicle?
Speaker 1: Well, they they do have the pickup truck because they received an email saying they had forty eight hours to bring it back.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Jennifer, now a dealer, Jennifer, Jennifer, w hold one a second though, Is it the new one?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, so they do have the new pickup truck. The dealer doesn't want the camper. So how much does that change the deal? How many dollars?
Speaker 1: They did not say anything. They just demanded they bring back the pickup truck.
Speaker 2: Okay, they do.
Speaker 1: They give the kids their stuff back.
Speaker 3: Do they still have the Masda?
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would assume they still have the mastas So Alpine Ford is willing to completely undo the deal, right, and then what is the problem with that? If they want to undo the deal, if.
Speaker 1: They genuinely they're saying there's something wrong with the camper, but she's disclosed everything he knew with the camper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got to see that paperwork. I understand what you're saying. Now, you want to hold him to the contract, but you're assuming the contract was you know, the ink is dry and it's valid, right exactly. So here's what I need. I have got to see that paper work. When can you send that to me?
Speaker 1: I can I text you screenshots because I have to scan it all in.
Speaker 3: If they look good, you can. I gotta be able to read it. So let me put you on hold. I'm going to keep you on hold till I can look at those. So get them over. Yes, you can text screenshots Suzanne on your iPhone. Somehow it scans. I don't know how does that work?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 5: I downloaded a scanner app.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I'm not going to ever do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it converts it to a PDF, a JPG.
Speaker 3: Whatever, Jennifer. I gotta be able to read it to the bottom line. Now, who's been holding the longest year? Candy? And then after Candy, Sean will get with this Neo Orthodonics who we actually represented like ten or fifteen years ago. That'd be an interesting one. Candy, what's going on with?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Candy, I so apologize. I gotta hit Martin first, then I will hit you Martin, what is going on?
Speaker 20: Well, what happened is in April of twenty twenty four, bought a Ge Combo profile washer dryer.
Speaker 3: Hey, Dragon, can you boost him a little? Or Martin, if you're on Bluetooth, get off of it. But say it again. You bought what.
Speaker 20: I bought, a Ge Profile combo washing dryer.
Speaker 3: And you bought it from Appliance factory outlet.
Speaker 20: Yes, yes I did, and I got an extended warranty. So here's the situation. Last Wednesday, a week ago today, somebody came out and said, there is a pump went out. We will get it ordered for you and everything will be taken care of, and they scheduled to put the pump in today. Well, yesterday I get a call from them and say, we have the pump, but there's supposed to be a motherboard that they didn't send, so we don't know when we're going to get it, but we're hoping we get it Monday. Okay, this coming Monday.
Speaker 13: Got it?
Speaker 20: And I said, so I'm going to be two weeks without a washer and dryer.
Speaker 3: Well does that does the after does the actual warranty they give you forget about the extended Does it cover any kind of time frame in the paperwork? And then does the extended warranty cover anything?
Speaker 20: I do not know because I cannot find that paperwork, but I do have.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a matter of contract. And let me tell you, I don't like Appliance Factory Outlet. I'm not going to get into why, but there was a period of time where we would get calls on these guys all the time. One of the people we met down there actually would get problems fixed like this, But they no longer worked there, and in my opinion, Appliance Factory Outlet just that they're not in the customer service.
Speaker 5: I can't remember.
Speaker 21: Now.
Speaker 5: I'm not on the show as much as you, but I can't remember the last call we got a complaint we got on Appliance Factory Outlety.
Speaker 3: I think we've gotten probably three this year. Maybe, Oh, I did not know that.
Speaker 5: Pardon me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's no big deal though, but it's gonna I'm down to the contract, Martin. Do we have an angel over there anymore?
Speaker 5: No, I don't know, but if we don't, I can land one.
Speaker 3: But to me, I mean, it just sounds like.
Speaker 5: It's going to be it's four more days.
Speaker 9: I mean, what do you do?
Speaker 3: Go to a laundry mat.
Speaker 5: I'm not trying to be insensitive, but to me, this is what it is.
Speaker 13: Mat.
Speaker 3: I just don't know what they're going.
Speaker 20: They willing to ask them.
Speaker 3: They're willing to fix everything, right.
Speaker 20: Martin, next day air?
Speaker 3: What's that They're willing to fix everything?
Speaker 22: There will.
Speaker 20: Weeks when you should have taken less than one. I asked them why they can't ship it next day air and they said, well, and if I wanted a call ge and make arrangements, I could do that.
Speaker 3: You see.
Speaker 5: To me, who happens mart this to I don't know, Yeah, I don't Martin.
Speaker 3: I somewhat agree with Suzanne on this. It's like it's four days. We have ones where the ice maker has gone out on LG appliances. It takes six months and there's just not much you're gonna do. I'll be honest, Martin, I think you got to, uh, you gotta just suck this one up. Buttercup, hold tight.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all.
Speaker 4: This is Denver's talkstation with Michael Brown in the morning and dan Keplis in the afternoon.
Speaker 27: Six thirty khow Denver. No impact traffic from the super storing car Wash Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by our American Stories.
Speaker 28: All right, not to bet on the freeways. So a little heavy here and there. We've had some construction zones. We're kind of slow on two seventies still, especially west heading up through Bosquaz. I twenty five has been congested coming in through downtown, as as well as two to five in from Parker and up out of the Tech Center. A little bit of slowing there too. Accidents Colfax and Spear downtown. Also one on Santa Fe just east of I twenty five, as well as Peak View and Yosemite. We're heading into the high country. We've got delays due to roadwork between Copper Mountain West up to Vale.
Speaker 3: Looks like several miles in there some pretty heavy jamming.
Speaker 16: What traffic.
Speaker 3: I'm Jonathan Steele.
Speaker 29: This is Leehavi post of our American Stories. On our next episode, we'll tell the story about Teddy Roosevelt fought against anti Semitism. You won't want to miss the next episode of our American Stories.
Speaker 3: You know, I love products to generally pay for themselves, So I'm talking about quiet, cool whole house fans. It gets rid of all that hot air up in the attic and on that top floor, just gets rid of it, gets it right out into the atmosphere along with the hot air. It gets rid of the dander, and it gets rid of all the exhaust and the pathogens and the dust and everything in your house, maybe even dangerous gases smoke if maybe you're a smoker, you get the idea. It gets rid of all of it. It brings in the nice cool air from the basement, and the house can actually drop ten twenty degrees in a matter of minutes. What I love about it does It can save you up to ninety percent off your AC cost You know Colorado. It's nice and cool and night. You pump that into the house, you buckle up the windows. It stays nice and cool for the majority of the day. People saving fifty to ninety percent off the AC costs. You got to check these guys out. And it's nice and quiet. It's operated by a remote. It's so cool. No more hot sleepless nights, no more high AC bills, and the installation is very fast, clean and extremely professional by the folks at qccolorado dot com. Check them out up and down the front range, Colorado Springs all the way to Fort Collins, Qccolorado dot com. Quit waste and money qccolorado dot com.
Speaker 12: I'm consumer advocate Tom Martino, and I have partnered with American Financing for a very good cause to get my listeners out of high interest debt.
Speaker 3: Your first step to creating financial freedom.
Speaker 12: Get rid of that credit card debt with the smart equity loan, no upfront fees. Call my friends now three O three six, nine, five, seven thousand. They will get you into the right loan to get rid of that high interest debt. Maybe a home equity loan, or possibly a complete refinance where your blended rate is much lower than you're paying now, even with a lower mortgage payment. Americanfinancing dot net start your road to financial freedom. Once you get that loan, you can have some breathing room. Pay down that part of your loan fast drive you'd like. Three oh three six nine five seven thousand. Get a grip on your finances three oh three six nine five seven thousand. NMLS one eight two three three four Call three oh three six nine five seven thousand for details about credit costs and terms.
Speaker 3: It's Henry Brett's with Excel Roofing.
Speaker 30: If your home was in a hail or windstorm, you should call Excel Roofing first. We'll let you know if you have damage and if you should file acclaim. Three oh three seven sixty one six four zero zero. Excel is Martino's favorite roofer. Honest inspections, no cancelation fees, You don't pay a cent until you're content. Three oh three seven sixty one six four zero zero Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 25: Run Man, I am happy to tell you about the only real tour that made the cut for Team Dave Logan, and that is Troy Hansford. I recommend Troy because he's the only agent that will guarantee to sell your home at your price, or he'll write you a check for five thousand dollars. In the Good News, he puts that in writing. He can make that guarantee because he spends tens of thousands of dollars generating demand, and right now he has hundreds of approved home buyers ready to buy.
Speaker 3: He just doesn't have enough houses.
Speaker 25: So if you have a house, Troy might have that perfect buyer for you right now, give him a call. Seven two zero nine hundred four four three three. Let me give you a story. Just last week, Troy listed a house that was on the market for almost a month. You know what, Troy sold it for full price in less than a week. And if for any reason you need to sell right away, Troy will buy your house for all cash and he can close in as little as seven days. Call Troy and get your home sold for the most money. Seven two zero, nine hundred four to four three three. Again, that's seven to two ozho nine hundred forty four to thirty three. Troy Hansford with Remax Professionals, a Colorado licensed broker. Some restrictions apply exting pricy policy and terms and conditions posted at texting terms dot us texting roles you for occurring at any text marketing messages.
Speaker 28: Message in dat rates may apply or play stop op out terms and condition supply to the earnings promotion.
Speaker 31: Do you have care giving experience as a parent, teacher, nanny, coach, or in another similar role. Popskip drive is looking for experienced caregivers who want to help students in their community by driving them to and from school. Earn up to fifty dollars per ride with hopskip drives welcome promotion, all while helping your community. If you have your own vehicle that is no more than ten years old, a clean driving record, and at least five years of caregiving experience, you could become a hop skip drive care driver. Just text school to thirty two thirty two thirty two to get started right now. Hopskip drive gives you the flexibility to set your own schedule and earn competitive pay. It's simple, drive in your free time and make a real difference for students right in your neighborhood. Don't wait Text school to thirty two thirty two thirty two. Right now, text school to thirty two thirty two thirty two and start earning up to fifty dollars per ride during HOPSKIP drives welcome promotion period.
Speaker 3: That's school to thirty two thirty two thirty two. Text school to thirty two thirty two thirty two.
Speaker 32: Now, market volatility isn't slowing down. If you're nearing retirement, now is not the time to wait and see. Every day of uncertainty can put your future at risk. It's time to diversify. I'm Jeff Junior with Trajan Wealth, and I want you to know you can create certainty locking in guaranteed income for life. This means predictable, stable cash flow even in turbulent times. You've worked too hard to leave your retirement to chance. Right now, there are options to receive up to thirty percent upfront or annual growth of up to ten percent for retirement income. That's up to thirty thousand dollars up front or up to ten thousand dollars per year on one hundred thousand dollars, all guaranteed for retirement income.
Speaker 3: Don't wait.
Speaker 32: Call Trajan today at seven two zero four zero five thirty three hundred. That's seven two zero, four zero five thirty three hundred.
Speaker 3: New guarantees are based on the claims pannaility of the issue insurance company.
Speaker 6: Any example provided to are hypothetic anali are expect us sales bushures should be reviewed carefully for funding spechus and def it's fairy Debama state that's straight and wealth insurans solutions.
Speaker 4: For six thirty k how and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 3: Three out of three seven one, three, eight two five five. I did get that contract from the four dealer. We're going to get at her back up after the break. I'm gonna have Deputy d eyeball this. I'll tell you the first thing I saw. I want to tell you this. So let me pull this pack up. This drives me nuts. Okay, so service contract information. Remember Alpine Ford her kids in his twenties. I'm going to tell you the different things they sold them. Drives me nuts. Tyron wheel road hazard protection, alloy wheels, cosmetic repair, paintless, dent repair, windshield repair, key protection, total benefit, key protection. They sold them key protection. Do you hear what I just said, key Protection. I'm baffled why anybody would buy all this mop and glow when they buy a car. It's absolutely insane. But I want to see if this contract is said and done. I want to see if it's said and done, and then we're going to figure out why alpine Ford decided that they don't want to take the trade in. If if they agreed to take it, we'll find out. Now, who do I got up here?
Speaker 8: Next?
Speaker 7: One quick question? Go ahead with all that mop and glow that they sold them. Yeah, the swat thing is to undo the deal.
Speaker 3: Well I think so too.
Speaker 7: But the next time he buys a car, Yeah, he learned a little bit. I would undo that deal in a heartbeat.
Speaker 3: I probably would too, Doc, But I mean, let's see. I mean they don't want to undo it, so we'll see what's happenings. The buyers don't want to undo it for whatever reason. Hey, Deputy d we sent you that alpine Ford agreement. I'm trying to figure out is if the camper. I want to know if the agreement was signed by both parties, and was the camper on there with the dollar amount for the trade in. I don't know what they're doing with that, So see what you can find out about that. Sean you've been holding a while. By the way, we have two lines open. First time the entire show we've had any lines open. Three to h three Martino. You've been ripped off? Need help? Three zero three Martino, we have two lines open. Now, let's see here, Sean, Sean, what is going on? Neo Orthodonics. I forget the guy's name. Yeah, doctor Lawson, Yeah, doctor Lawson.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We advertised, we advertised for them probably I want to say ten years ago.
Speaker 33: It probably was because that's about well, I found him through you, through his Aurora Orthodonics and TMJ.
Speaker 3: That's right, give me some help.
Speaker 33: And then he'd come on the show a couple of times and he'd started Neo Office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Neo was pretty interesting. Instead of doing what people would think of as like braces are a retainer, well I guess it kind of was a retainer, but they'd start people younger with the hopes they'd never have to go into braces, but still kind of straighten the teeth. But I'm not going to I don't want to go down that road. So what's going on?
Speaker 33: So we started my I finished my program with Aurora Orthodonics and TMJ, but I was still having like semiannual visits to make sure sure things were on track. And during that time, my daughter who is almost nine now I think we've been so about three years into the first level of MYO brace program. We paid our end of the contract and that was supposed to include all of our myobraces because they increased in size or strength or Yeah.
Speaker 3: How much did you pay?
Speaker 22: By the way, probably about thirty five hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: And what did they and what's the issue?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 3: You paid thirty five hundred and.
Speaker 33: Now what We got an email in January saying they closed their offices.
Speaker 8: He just stopped working.
Speaker 33: He said, all of our files have been transferred to another orthodontics. Who was it, doctor Omart ohm Art?
Speaker 3: Did he sell the practice? Did he retire?
Speaker 13: What? What do you now know?
Speaker 33: I think he was having medical problems. Oh and he just closed it.
Speaker 3: Does he still with us?
Speaker 21: Yes?
Speaker 9: I believe so.
Speaker 33: One of his assistants is over at the new orthodontics practice.
Speaker 14: She said they had to.
Speaker 33: Transfer the files that they're required to. So Omart did not buy NEO uh, and he gave us a free consultation and then never called us back for so basically, you want.
Speaker 3: To care you paid for, but yet this guy's out of business.
Speaker 33: He's out of business. There's a Facebook group called neo Orthodonic broad I want my money back.
Speaker 22: I am not in the worst.
Speaker 33: I am like there are people who were in that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you hey, doc, let me ask you something. When when a doctor goes out of business, I don't care if it's because they're sick, or they run out of money or whatever happens. What typically happens, isn't it just like any other corporation, someone can force them into bankruptcy. I guess.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 7: The only thing is the records have to be capped for I know, in medical practice for seven years, in ob practices, believe it or not, for eighteen years because the kid becomes until the kids become an adult. But there's some I'm sure the dentists have a time frame for which they have to keep the rest.
Speaker 3: So the records are probably over it. Whoever you said he turned his practice over.
Speaker 9: Too, they might not be.
Speaker 33: They're looking, but apparently he didn't even inform the record company, and so some of our records may be completely lost.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to make of this, meaning I don't know what to do with it. I mean you could force them, I guess, into bankruptcy if he didn't go bankrupt. Do you know if they filed bankruptcy, did you ever get anything?
Speaker 33: I never got anything. It doesn't look like that's what he's done. It's there's on the Facebook page that says he might be an assisted living Now.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what happened to him so quick? How do you go from practicing mark?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: I didn't think of that doc something something like that. We got to figure out what happened to him. But Sean, I don't know what we could possibly do to get him to cough up money. I don't think there's any legal way of doing it without forcing him, uh into some kind of bankrupt See.
Speaker 7: I looked there's a Facebook group they have called the Attorney General's office. They filed with the Licensing Board, you know, Dora. Sure, and really that's all they can do at this point, and let you know, because the Attorney General and DORA are going to follow up. I'm not sure what we can do as individuals if they've already contacted the two ages.
Speaker 3: Here's what i'd really and I would have suggested. Here's what I'd like to figure out, Doc, if you could figure this out, what happened to him, I'd like to know if he live. Forget about the money aspect that secondary. I would like to figure out what happened to him, because if he's not even alive, none of this matters. And I don't know. Didn't someone tell me they saw he's got a nice condo? Yeah?
Speaker 21: Mark the Facebook group.
Speaker 33: Somebody put a post on there that says, look at all the nice things he bought with our money that.
Speaker 21: We don't get back.
Speaker 3: How many people are on this group?
Speaker 33: Less than sixty, I think right.
Speaker 3: Now, all of a lot.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, d Yeah, you know, we had a very similar call just a few months ago when I was working over at Tom's home studio and I researched this matter for a few hours for NEO.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same thing, same guy, Yeah, same guy, And what do you find out?
Speaker 6: Well, they just vanished. And it's true what our caller says. One of the ladies that worked in his office not works at this other practice. But this other practice didn't buy this form of practice. They just got referred, their patients got referred. So yeah, just has no responsibility. They have no responsibility.
Speaker 3: But they might not. They might know what the hell happened to this guy.
Speaker 13: I did.
Speaker 6: I did uncover the doctor's home address and some of the regulatory filings that I found. And at the time, and this was, I want to say, in February, at the time, his condo was for sale.
Speaker 3: So is he living there? You don't know? Well, I have no idea. You saw it on Zulo And why do you think he's an assisted living Sean? Is that just a rumor going around the Facebook?
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 33: And then my dentist today, who's going to take over our orthodonics care for our daughter, thought that perhaps there was a gill ome Bar response to a COVID vaccination and he got very shaky. They told us he had a fall in the office.
Speaker 3: He was not Hey, hey, doc, she just made me. She just made me think of something like an attorney has to hold everybody's money in a trust account for like a retainer or for anything. Does a doctor have to have a trust account for each patient? I don't know, because we really, Hey, do me a favor, hold on, hold on, you know what, Let's get Marco bend and elly on. Marco might know the answer to that, because if this guy, I've got some questions for Marco. I want to find this out. Everybody hold tight, Donna, Candy, Jerry, you're up next, and Sean make sure we have your information. I don't know if I can get Marco, Bend and Elly on right now, but I want to talk to an attorney that's done medmal and some other stuff. And I'm curious if a doctor has to hold money in trust and if he doesn't, what happens. Is there a bond? Did you have to have a bond or something? Doc, I know you had to have insurance. Well, we had malpractice insurance. But the thing is, well, if someone prepaid for a berth, it just never happens.
Speaker 7: It was so rare.
Speaker 3: I guess it wasn't something we've been thought about all. I got a break.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero, sixteen twenty two and I hardly Yeah, rid.
Speaker 16: You need so you don't have?
Speaker 2: Come runs as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martinez, Welcome my friends to the only show this camera here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. We're here to make your life a little bit better. You've been ripped off, maybe a bad contractor. We've been getting a lot of landlords stuff too. Man, there's a lot of scumlords out there, to be quite honest. But if you have a problem, we have a list of people, including attorneys and good contractors and cement guys and landscapers and money guys, retirement experts like like Jordan Keano, who's in studio with me today. We're gonna be talking about that in between calls. But three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five. We got lines full right now. But remember this three oh three Martino works on and off the air. If you call it right now when lines are full, to'll go directly to voicemail. We'll turn around, we'll call you back. We'll help you out, whether we're on the air or not. We'll get you lined up and then help HLP at troubleshooter dot com. We're gonna have an update coming on a deal with UH Alpine four done there in Pueblo. Yeah, Alpine Ford in Pueblo. We're gonna get her lined back up and Kelly get her back on so we can do that up date. Dmitri went through the contract, but it's kind of interesting. Her kid went down there and was going to trade in a camper and a twenty twenty four MANSTA on a new vehicle, and when they saw the camper, they basically backed out. And I wanted to see the contract because according to the mother, they basically were offering him the money site on scene. So soon as we get her up, we're going to go ahead and get that update from Dmitri. He got the contract and looked at it. The other thing we're dealing with is Sean with Neo Orthodonics. Kelly, did we have any luck getting Marco Bendinelli our attorney or no? I have not heard back from him yet. Okay, let's do this. Let's get Sean's information soon as we can line her up, maybe tomorrow. Let's line up Marco and Sean, so we have that all set up. So Sean, give Kelly your info. We're going to get you going tomorrow. And by the way, this hour brought to you by Hey waterpros dot net, the best for last. Paul's got the best systems. Suzanne and I bought a softener from them a couple of years ago. The thing is absolutely wonderful. Of course, it's the whole house. It costs us more than half price of the competition. But he's got one now I want to tell you about not only is it a water softener and it gets rid of the chlorine, but it gets rid of the forever chemicals in your entire house. You need to check it out. It's less than thirty seven hundred dollars. Other people sell this thing for over ten grand. Forever chemicals are everywhere. If you're in Parker Castle Rock, they're worse than a lot of places. You got to do a little research. You want to get these out of your body. You don't want them in there. Get the water system. Waterpros dot net the best for lesswaterpros dot net. Now let's jump over to Candy's been holding a while. Hey Candy, what's going on with Action Appliance?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 15: I have called that because I heard some good virgins about them. So my refrigerator was making a really loud noise and it was born twice in my refrigerator. So they came out and the technician, I guess, was here a couple of hours.
Speaker 3: You know, these bastards accosted me years ago. I just pulled up there. They're in this little white building and Aurora. Are they out of Aurora? I went down there. This is years ago before COVID, and I was serving them for a caller. So I grabbed an old Amazon box. This is one of my tricks for the deputies. You grab an Amazon box. Everybody wants an Amazon package. And I'd had the paperwork the service inside the Amazon box. So they opened the door up. I walk in and I said, hey, you've been served, and I put the box down. This lady picks up the box and throws it at my head. Get the hell out of here. It was all live on the radio. I like this lady already shut up. It was all live too. It was a hundred percent, and of course, I you know, I yack, he did up. I was like, Tom, they're throwing off at me, they're hitting me, blah blah. I mean, these guys sucked. Really if it's the same ownership, I can't stand these guys. If they don't open the box. All they served, they were served. So what happened? Caddy?
Speaker 14: What what is your deal?
Speaker 15: Yesterday?
Speaker 13: Was horrible?
Speaker 15: So the guy came out and he said that it was a deep fast teamer mouth function and eapp what is it?
Speaker 3: What kind of what is it a refrigerator?
Speaker 15: What is it refrigerator?
Speaker 3: Okay, what brand?
Speaker 15: Samsung?
Speaker 3: And it's just out of warranty, so you called action? Okay.
Speaker 15: So came out and he spent two hours trying to get the eyes off of the plate that sits in the back of the infragerator with the motor.
Speaker 3: And everything's you mean just because it was so frozen yep, wow, okay, So he spent two hours doing that.
Speaker 15: Then what with my hair dryer? Nonetheless?
Speaker 3: Nice professional, keep going.
Speaker 15: Yeah, So he ordered a pause and they were like six hundred and thirty one dollars and I'm like, well.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I trust you.
Speaker 15: I heard, you know, okay, he put him in.
Speaker 3: I heard about the time you accosted Mark Major. Yes, keep going, and so put.
Speaker 15: Him in and I said, so this is gonna this is the problem, and I'm going to be good. And he said, oh yeah, he said this the last for two three years. I'm like, great, fantastic, thankful.
Speaker 3: And this is all last week, right five thirty It happened five thirty.
Speaker 20: Win Oh god, okay, a couple.
Speaker 3: Of months ago, let me yes, I said, broke. Where are we at a month ago? He came out, Yeah, I got you. Okay.
Speaker 15: So we put the parts in. A week and a half later, the same noise started and it started icing up. And I'm like, well, okay, maybe it's just cycling for.
Speaker 3: The something, or it could have been a bad part. It could have been anything.
Speaker 13: So what was it?
Speaker 15: So I called the office Agarion, and I said, the noise is still happening, and I have ice in my free refrigerator again, geez, well, we'll send a check out and have him checked. So he came out two days ago and said, and he couldn't get the back of the plate off of the refrigerator either, because it was so yeah, frozen. So he said, oh, well you need the sensors. You need two sensors, just causing the issues. And I said, so what you're saying is.
Speaker 3: The sensors, so in other words, you didn't need those other parts.
Speaker 15: That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: So what did they say when you said that? So I need the censors? Why didn't you tell me that a week ago?
Speaker 15: And I asked her that and she said, well, it's just like a car. You take it in and maybe the next day something else is wrong with it.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, well, okay, you know what, it's possible that can happen, but it sounds kind of shady to me.
Speaker 15: So then what, oh, yeah, because the noise is back.
Speaker 3: How much are the sensors?
Speaker 15: I'm almost four hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: So what did you do? Did you get them?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 15: I called her again and I tried to explain to her the situation, and I said, you know, this just isn't acceptable, and now you want four hundred more dollars from me?
Speaker 3: What they say?
Speaker 15: And they said, well that's how much they cost and we'll learn for you. And I said, I don't think so I said I'm going to think about it, and I explained to her, how you know that?
Speaker 3: I think how many days afterwards did that sound start again? Candy week and a half, week and a half. Hold on, here's what I want, Kelly. Call these guys up action appliance. I swear to God, as soon as I saw that building, I started having PTSD. So do me a favor. Call them up. See if they'll come on the air. They're gonna probably hang up on you. I don't know. I mean, that was a long time ago, but let's see if we can't get them on the air. I find it awful strange. She spends six hundred bucks. Granted, other things can break. I get it, but my goodness, what are the chances?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: What are the chances?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 3: Jennifer, Jennifer's son went to Alpine Ford. We kind of already recapped it. So Jennifer, I'm going to let Dmitri somewhat take over here. He read through the contract. Dmitri, what did you find? Well, A couple of things jumped out at me. Mark.
Speaker 6: So Jennifer sent us at least five documents and I read them all. The important one is the sales contract itself, and there are a couple of things that struck me here. First of all, the camper is not mentioned on it. Under the trade in only the Mazda X ninety is listed. There's no mention of any camper. Okay, and the entire deal, you know, I've read down all the line items. There's there's a trade in value, there's an estimated payoff amount, all that stuff. It was like one of the previous paties, it was about seven percent seven something, so it wasn't outrageous. But the part that kind of seems obscene to me is there are three additional line items that were put on there. So there are total of two warranties. Now this is a brand new truck for reasons. So the two warranties had up to about sixty two hundred bucks, and there my gap insurance for twelve hundred bucks. So so I guess I have Are you saying there's like eight grand of crap? Yeah, I'm saying there's almost eight grand of crap.
Speaker 3: Eight grand of mopping glow they sold to your kid, Jennifer.
Speaker 6: So, Jennifer, if they're willing, if they're willing to undo this deal, run over.
Speaker 3: There they sold. Listen, Listen to what Dmitri's saying they bought eight grand worth of crap. They bought a brand new vehicle that has a warranty. What kind of vehicle is it's a twenty four four one fifty, so it's a three year, thirty six thousand mile bumper to bumper warranty. And then it might even have a powertrain. I don't know, but they sold them eight grand worth of extended warranties. They could buy that in three years if they still have the vehicle. There is no reason to buy eight grand worth of crap. Tell them to take the truck back and kiss the ground. These people walk on for being morons.
Speaker 6: Jennifer, what's the reason that you did not want to undo the deal? I never heard that part why. She probably didn't know the kids bought all that you Loaney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know about everything. By like I said, my daughter's pregnant and it's just very stressful. They were having issues with dems that because it's new and the.
Speaker 3: Parts of yeah, get away, get away from these people and go to another dealership. Seriously, if they're willing to undo the deal without you losing anybody on it, that's a gift. How much was the vehicle.
Speaker 6: It was in the fifties, like little fifties that looks a fifty three. The vehicle itself was fifty three thousand and then eight grand and crap, almost a grand crap plus the service and handling fee of do.
Speaker 3: You want to know what they bought? I'm going to give you an idea what they bought for that eight grand? Do you have it up there? Do you have up like the rim protection and the windshield protection that most insurance companies offer for next to nothing, and the free key replacement that cost eight hundred dollars. So the gap insurance speaks for itself. Well, a lot of them are jumped.
Speaker 6: I'm sure it's we get a lot of complaints about gaps. But if the two warranties that were purchased, there's an extended warranty for only one hundred thousand miles, which gets which doesn't get her far beyond the original factor, right, and then there was approximately a twelve hundred dollars warranty for tires and windshield.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're going to warranty. They're going to sell you roade hazard on tires that when you go to discount tire you get free flat repairs, and when you buy something there you get it for like twenty dollars. Jennifer, and listen, seriously, the camper was not a not a part of the deal. Yeah, there's no. In other words, if they want to vehicle back, there's nothing we can do to make them hold to it at this point. I mean, the fact they signed the contract is crazy. I does it actually say in the agreement that it is contingent on financing?
Speaker 1: Well, it was one portion that said that.
Speaker 12: I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it says it's contingent on financing, they have every right in the world for it to ask for it back. But our real point to you is they screwed these kids so bad, in my opinion, with all this crap they sold them. I don't even know if that price is good on the vehicle, but let's say it is, and I don't know if the trade in is good. Here's what I want to do. I don't want to just tell her her kid got ripped off and bring it back, because that is what you need to do. But I want you to call over to a buddy of ours, a show friend jfr Cars. I want you to call over and tell them exactly what they want. They want whatever year f one p fifty that is, and tell them what there is for a trade in, and he's going to get you a better deal and not sell you any of that baloney. How's that?
Speaker 32: Oh?
Speaker 1: I would like that, thank you, and thank you for my kids. I mean they were here, they would be telling you the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell them, don't buy that phony boloney. Do not buy all that crap when you're buying a brand new vehicle. There's no purpose in it. Don't buy it. And listen, every dealer out there, every financing guy is cringing right now. Let me tell you, these guys remind me a lot of them. I'm not going to say they're all crooked, but these financing guys, it starts with the salespeople out front. They used to drive around smoking cigarettes in the golf cart. And then by the time you get the financing that they're selling you stuff they make up in the back. I mean, really think about it. Key protection. I can go have a locksmith make a key for like eight dollars or a fob for one hundred in front of Sam's Club. They always have them. They want to charge eight hundred dollars for key protection. And I'll tell you we had one poor sap. You ready for this, Dmitri, Yes, we had one poor sap buy a Harley. I'm not going to say where because iHeart yelled at me. It was apparently a big national client, but I'll be honest, it was many years ago, and screw them. Here was the deal. This guy came back from across the world serving this country in the army. He had basically leave for two months, went out and bought a brand new Harley. A roadster. Is that what they're called? A roadster? Anybody's sportsters. It's a little one. It was a twelve thousand hardly I think it's a sportster. You know how much the total was after the mopp and Glow mind blowing on a twelve thousand dollars motor sign on a twelve thousand dollars hardly say? They probably loaded up to fifteen or sixteen twenty six thousand dollars. They sold a more Mopp and Glow. I told the guy, I said, you could have bought two bikes. No matter what broke, you would have a spare part. You could have bought two bikes.
Speaker 6: Well, in this case, I'm doing this deal would be awesome. And Jennifer, why does the dealer want to undo this deal? The financing tell her to run.
Speaker 3: They probably thought they could buy sell that camper for a little extra money on the down payments. My guest, but here's the deal. Give her JFRS information and I am running so far behind. But make sure she gets JFR and Rod's direct number, and someone send Rod an email and tell him to really hook these folks up.
Speaker 12: You go with a sure thing, Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 13: All right, three O.
Speaker 3: Three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, this hour, my friends, if you don't listen to the show, by the way, on YouTube. You miss so much stuff I can't even tell you. But Jenness Total Exteriors. I really like Mark Mark Schamansky, great guy. I don't care if you need a deck. These guys can build a deck. Maybe you need a RepA, they can do it. They can do stucco siding. These guys have been out to our house. They did the exterior paint job five years ago. It still looks brand new. Last month they actually painted our entire inside. They can remodel a bathroom. This guy's got the best crews out there. Genesistotalexteriors dot Com, Genesis check them out. They're great, great, great people. Now where did we leave off? For all goodness sake, did not speak with you with Action Appliance? Oh Candy, my goodness? Of people that threw a box at me? So did we try to reach out Kelly to Action Appliance?
Speaker 17: Yes we did, and I talked with them, and I spoke with a very nice girl.
Speaker 3: I wonder if she's the one that threw things at me. I don't know about that.
Speaker 17: So the gentleman's name that we have to speak with is actually at lunch.
Speaker 3: Okay, So so he's going to call back I left a message.
Speaker 17: And she said that she'd pass it along, but interestingly enough, she would not disclose his last name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's no big deal. But here's the deal. So we left a message. Kelly left a message, Candy. Let's give them the opportunity to get back to us and see if they're going to do the right thing on this, because in my opinion, I think they're screwing you. Now, that's just my opinion, that's it. And I'm basing that on the fact that you have the exact same problem seven days later or ten days later. And I'm also basing it on the fact that when I went there years ago, they were throwing stuff at me. So I'm basing it on two different things. Make sure we have Candy's information, Kelly, I want you to stay on top of it. What number did you leave the three ZHO three Martino.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until your content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 16: All right, three oh three.
Speaker 3: Seven one three eight two five five Kevin cauk and share it an auto tech. Hey, Kevin, I got a caller. I'm gonna bring up Don. Hey, Don, do you have the GMC? Do you have one of these trucks?
Speaker 19: I have the twenty two versions.
Speaker 3: So he's telling me the six what is it?
Speaker 16: The six' Three, don six point Two, leader six.
Speaker 3: Point Two LEADER, gmc like all of, them they're having massive recalls on the. Engine do you know about, This? Kevin, yeah these.
Speaker 34: Are they're they're extending. Warranties they're doing a lot of different.
Speaker 3: Things what's going on with? Them what's the failure?
Speaker 34: Point uh, uh It's i've seen a couple of different, things BUT i know they're extending warranties upwards of ten.
Speaker 3: Years oh my, God Hey, don what is your specific?
Speaker 2: Question my specific question was, one can you can you guys create a webinar, slash you, know something for to display what we need to look out for going through this.
Speaker 19: Process SO i received my.
Speaker 13: Letter my.
Speaker 34: Notice, yeah what did the?
Speaker 3: Notice engine?
Speaker 19: Replacement, well engine replacement was one of the.
Speaker 3: Options, well why wouldn't you do?
Speaker 13: That? Don?
Speaker 19: Okay what what happens then to the value of the?
Speaker 3: Truck, WELL i, mean if it's got a brand new engine and yours is a twenty twenty two and it's a great engine FROM, GMC i would guess the value of the vehicle goes. Up, yeah, okay, yeah, Definitely Don like, Literally i'm not being, facetious, ERA i, Mean, kevin wouldn't you?
Speaker 34: Agree, Yeah and you can say you've already done the recall so that that buyer doesn't need to.
Speaker 8: Worry about the.
Speaker 3: Engine, yeah or you can just sleep tight knowing that your engine's not going to blow.
Speaker 13: Up.
Speaker 19: Okay the downside is THAT gm has not started producing the engines for all the trucks, yet got?
Speaker 13: It got?
Speaker 3: It, well there's not much you're going to do. THERE i, mean as soon as they start producing. Them the way you made it sound and the Way kevin's talking about, it oh my, GOD i, like how many vehicles are involved in this? Recall how many do you? Guys, KNOW i, mean are we talking you're.
Speaker 34: Thinking about five six hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Vehicles oh my, god almost a half of more than half a million. Vehicles it's going to take them a little bit to make that many.
Speaker 34: Engines, yep they all go through, this total went through, it and they finally are starting to deliver motors or some of their recalls.
Speaker 16: Too so this just.
Speaker 3: HAPPENS i, mean it's just a design fly.
Speaker 34: OFF i, mean for sure an internal failure that they're saying from an outside's the worst or something that you, Know but, yeah the engines fail.
Speaker 3: Prematurely, yeah Don i'd get on the list and then just hope you don't have to suffer with any issues up until and if something does happen to years and they don't have an, ENGINE i would assume you can probably get a loaner vehicle or. Something, okay but, yeah many, Great i'm glad everybody out. There so you guys are, saying anybody with a six to TWO gmc does? That Does chevy do? A Does chevy trucks?
Speaker 34: Too it's in a few different vehicles and there's certain obviously certain years in bin numbers and everything. Else they don't all get. It but, yeah definitely look out For.
Speaker 3: Hey, mike what do you know about? This he's got to comment on this. Issue.
Speaker 18: Mark there are two very good YouTube channel that have covered this. Extensively one of them is Rain Man Raise repairs because he's A gm, fanboy and the other one Is Dave's. Autocenter they got a core in where the engine exploded after fourteen, Miles oh my.
Speaker 15: God and apparently.
Speaker 18: Apparently what they're doing is running a borscope into the motor to figure out if there's any. Damage if, not they change the oil viscosity to a ZERO w, forty which doubles the bill for your oil, change and extend your warranty and send you out the. Door but they expect to replace a million engines under this, recall and they have none and they do not have a, supplier so they don't know where they're going to come.
Speaker 3: From that is mind. Blowing, mike that's great. Info Don did you get those? Two go check out those.
Speaker 2: Youtubes, Okay so if they increase the viscosity of the, oils that is a temporary.
Speaker 3: Fix, no they're saying that would be a permanent. Fix but they're gonna extend your. Warranty to make you feel. Better, Correct, okay, YEAH i mean that would be a permanent. Fix that seems like a big scrip they should have. CAUGHT i mean one with fourteen miles on it is just mind. Blowing, Hey kevin calk AND i appreciate. It we'll see you, actually fourth Of July's. Friday but That's kevin cock And Sheridan Auto. Tech one of the best guys out, There shardan auto tech dot. Com, thanks got to break.
Speaker 13: All.
Speaker 3: Right three oh three seven one three eight two five Five Jordan, KEANO i want to talk about your. Product we talked to your dad in the second. Hour here's the, deal, MAN i love this. Annuity i'm just gonna tell everybody out there WHY i personally like. It the fifteen percent bonus if you buy an. Annuity did you crunch numbers For DEPUTY D, YEAH i.
Speaker 35: Did, that and as well as the example you asked.
Speaker 3: For, okay let's go to the EXAMPLE i asked. For so someone buys an annuity for two hundred and fifty, thousand, yep forty years. Old forty years. Old so someone at forty buys one for two hundred and fifty. Grand then they retire at what Age.
Speaker 35: Let's just say nowadays seventy sixty, eight somewhere in that. Range and you're talking about one hundred and twenty thousand dollars a.
Speaker 3: Year so they're going to have one hundred and twenty thousand dollars a year for the rest of, them for the rest of their. Life so think about. That you make up the principle you paid. Now granted it's a lot of, time but you make up the principal principle you paid in two and a half. Years, oh if that person lives to be one, hundred that return on investment is. Insane and we all know. It everybody's living. Longer and here's the PART i, like if something happens to that, individual they're getting one hundred and twenty thousand dollars a year or for the rest of their. Life and if they can't cook for themselves and can't clean what, happens.
Speaker 35: It doubles close to two Forty so it's long forty.
Speaker 3: Thousand the long term care benefits of these annuities are better than the insurance you can buy for long term. Care the insurance they have out there now is either highly expensive unaffordable because people that are looking for it generally have, issues so you can't even buy. It but if you do get it through your work when you're, younger chances are it barely covers anything that's.
Speaker 35: Right and this is something that's very. Common somebody who's forty years old could have maybe changed positions in in a career, path could have done. That so any money that's left with a four to one k ir in four work and four one, ks this is the opportunity and.
Speaker 3: You could convert it without any tax, ramification.
Speaker 35: Roll it, over no tax, ratifications get that fifteen percent bonus and get yourself. Diversified you got income for a. Life, yeah you never.
Speaker 3: Want to just put all your eggs in one. Basket we say that all the, time AND i hate to beat a dead, horse but truly you. Don't but to have that kind of guaranteed money one hundred and twenty thousand a year when you're seventy years old till the day you die is. UNBELIEVABLE i have a, question go, ahead costs a living? Increase great.
Speaker 35: Question that is something that you've been a part of and they have those options on, there so it.
Speaker 3: Costs a little. More it costs a little bit more and listen to. This, people when you buy something for like two hundred and fifty thousand or one hundred, thousand let's take a nice round. Number you buy an annuity right, now say you're thirty years old or forty or have that orphan four oh one k one hundred, thousand you immediately get a fifteen percent bonus, Immediately so you're starting day, one you roll over that orphan four oh one, k you make fifteen thousand dollars day, one day.
Speaker 35: One and this could be again or for four one. Ks could be real estate if you have equity and, homes.
Speaker 3: Just have something you can borrow from, it you can loan against. It it's your. Money you got to have that.
Speaker 7: Cola, YES i mean if you're thirty years old forty years from, now oh big.
Speaker 3: Time the one hundred and twenty maybe worth thirty. Thousand oh, yeah oh of. Course so you have the cost of living increase, that, yeah which is one thing to. Do so let me ask you this part on. It so you have the cost of living, increase does it truly keep up with the cost of? Living how do they measure?
Speaker 13: It?
Speaker 3: Yeah it does?
Speaker 35: It you, know they use it pretty much to the guidelines of what's going on in the. Market like sold security in a sense should have a really cost of living, increase but it. Doesn't it's for people who have to postpone.
Speaker 3: It, now this part will blow everybody away. Listening you, go how much is an annuity like? That how much in? Fees great? Question people love. Fees that's.
Speaker 35: Right ones out there are tremendously. Expensive what we're talking about is one tenth of a. Percent so we're talking about point one zero is the fee per, year not a. Month that's one tenth of a percent every.
Speaker 3: Year you, know we took we were running crazy stuff on our weekend show one, time AND i think you took like a twenty year old maybe it was twenty two years, OLD i. Forget and we, said if the grand other or someone bought a ten thousand dollars annuity for her grandkid that was twenty and this kid retires at that, Point, hell we might live to one hundred and. FIFTY i don't. KNOW i, mean, SERIOUSLY i have no. Idea if you look at how long we lived one hundred years, ago it was half of what we do. Now so regardless of what it, was we crunched the number that the kid would retire at seventy five or. Eighty the kid was making like seven hundred thousand dollars a year till the day he died off of ten thousand dollars when he was. Twenty it's the beauty of.
Speaker 35: Time you, know when you have money set aside and you let it compound over, years it can do.
Speaker 3: Wonders here's WHAT i love About joe And. Jordan i've known these guys. Forever, Listen annuity products aren't. New there's crappy ones out. There joseph. Fiduciary they'd never steer you. WRONG i trust these. Guys but you call up in yass the. Numbers you tell them your predicament you're. In say, Hey i'm seventy And i'm getting to. Retire how about IF i got an annuity and immediately start taking, money Or i'm forty And i'm starting to think you're, Retiring OR i do have this orphan four oh one, K or how about IF i only have fifty thousand dollars And i'm. Thirty what does that look? Like have them crunch the. Numbers that's the best way to do. It that is the way to do, it and it's guaranteed. Money you cannot lose. It and, yes if you die before you start taking, it or even when you do start taking, it every cent that account has goes to your, offspring goes to your. Beneficiary give these guys a call three oh three seven seventy nine sixty six. HUNDRED i promise it's a great phone call to. Make they come in once a month with, Us joe And. Jordan thanks for coming in three oh three seven seven nine sixty six. Hundred My moneymyweight dot. Com now we've got a lot cooking again tomorrow we're going to be right here solving, problems answering, questions and taking complaints