Speaker 1: The LA Clippers.
Speaker 2: The game is ended, gather round boys, time to recap, but.
Speaker 1: The post game coverage is just getting started.
Speaker 3: The successes the failure. Let's discuss.
Speaker 4: This is Clippers locker Road breaking down today's action with the pre and post game voice of the Clippers.
Speaker 1: Here's that a moss.
Speaker 5: Lag and with that, the Clippers make it six straight victories.
Speaker 3: Hear it into its home.
Speaker 5: They win one O four to ninety three over the Orlando Magic. Welcome into your postgame show. I'm at a Moslin coming up. Well, you got your second half box score, your second half highlights. But what a victory Clipper Nation against a Magic team that had won six straight, that had not given up one hundred points in those six games, and the Clippers score one oh four and win one O four to ninety three. While we have a moment, let's pause ten seconds for station identification. Here on Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network, this is.
Speaker 4: LA Clippers Basketball AM five seventy LAC Los Angeles, ninety eight seven, KYSRHD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: The Clippers just won a game comfortably where they turned it over twenty five times, leading to twenty five points. For the Orlando Magic. Why because they held the Magic to forty four percent shooting from the field in eight of thirty five from the outside. They were the worst three point shooting team heading into this one, and they shot even lower than their season average at thirty one percent. They were at twenty three percent on eight of thirty five shooting from distance. This Clippers defense is for real. It is unbelievable. They looked better than the number two ranked Orlando Magic defense. The Clippers were at seven heading into this ball game, and they were the powerhouse when it comes to the defensive end. I couldn't be more proud of this group. I know, twenty five turnovers far too many, but they end up out rebounding the Orlando Magic by twenty five forty nine to twenty four. That is an absolutely dominating game on the boards. The Clippers were plus thirteen on offensive rebounds fifteen to two when it came to offensive boards, and the Orlando Magic, by the way, they were top two. They were in front of the Clippers when it came up to or came down to rebounding percentage. Defensive rebounding percentage, they were number one heading into this game. The Clippers were number two, so they beat them at their own game in multiple ways. Defensive rebounds and just with defensive intensity out there. You could see it right away, even though Orlando at times was turning the Clippers over and over again. When the Clippers actually got shots off, they were efficient forty nine percent from the field, eleven of twenty two from the outside. That's fifty percent. I mean a mere coffee had eleven points in that first quarter, was leading them. Great win, great, great win. We'll give your second half highlights coming up next. Clippers are victorious again. Here it into a dome. They're three and zero on this four game homestand that ends on Friday against the Sacramento Kings. They win one four to ninety three over the Orlando Magic tonight, who had just won six straight. You're listening to your Los Angeles Clippers audio Network throws it up.
Speaker 6: The window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the LA Clippers.
Speaker 3: LA Clippers.
Speaker 1: Take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 5: Clippers win one O four to ninety three by eleven, as Big Brother Jake Warner predicted three hours before the game. They would win by eleven. He said it multiple times. I think it's in the pregame show. You guys can go back and watch it. Carlo and I will attest to it. Unbelievable, unbelievable call, unbelievable game by your Los Angeles Clippers. They shoot forty nine percent from the field, shoot fifty percent from three, survive turning it over twenty five times. Because defensively, oh, they're like that, they're top five defense. I'm guessing after tonight's ballgame, that's where they're gonna end up. Defensive rating special special performance to overcome some bad miscues. With twenty five turnovers, Clippers at the half were up fifty seven to fifty four. We said we want more from Big Zoo, and to start the third quarter we got it to.
Speaker 7: Zoo with the freakow line against Patzase steps through, turns.
Speaker 5: The float over the top and end I'll eat.
Speaker 7: Za Zoobats makes the and one gesture with a left hand it off of front of the rams. Zuo wats a putback because he dunked it in and a foul probably should have gone him, but Tase over to Chris Dune with shooting sleeve on that left forearm drifts down the right alley, a slow drive, a lob left flock for Zoo, a righty hook shot and a Gulton badase, a little tourny and Big Zoo's got thirteen for this Flipper team kicks it Zoo the ten foot push shot, oh yeah, and a vitta Zoo. Watts has got the magic colin time. It's the only way to stop him here in the.
Speaker 5: Third Big Zoo. He scored eight of the first eleven points in the third quarter. At one point the Clippers were on seventeen to two run. Then there was a nine to zero run by the Orlando Magic, and after three it was eighty seven seventy five Clippers. In the fourth quarter, some key timely three pointers from your Clippers quarter.
Speaker 7: Junior dances in between is bamba right wing, three buckets, small bomba extending the range. Does James want this dance with six to shoot, crosses over, step back with four, that's straight away, three swirls in parting from downtown.
Speaker 3: It's departed.
Speaker 1: It's done all right wing, three cut ching Chris Dunn.
Speaker 5: Clippers pull through with a comfortable, secure victory that didn't lead to any chaos or a single score game or a single digit game. Late it finally happened. They win one zero four to ninety three. Hear it into its home where they controlled this ball game from the very beginning, and they win by eleven over the Orlando Magic. Up next segment of Kings back here on Friday, coming up next to your final box score right here on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network throws it up.
Speaker 6: The window finishes in the foul Los Angeles Slipper Nation. This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers, take us with you on the Ihearts Radio.
Speaker 5: AIP Clippers as it was written, one by eleven over the Orlando Magic is big brother, Jake predicted pregame three hours beforehand. I think it's in the audio clip. One oh four to ninety three is your final Clippers over the Orlando Magic. Make it six straight victories here into it Dome. Celebrate this one Clipernation. They got another one closing out this homestand where they're three to zero against the Sacramento Kings on Friday night tiptime at seven thirty. Pregame show starting at six thirty, your final box score. Clippers end up shooting forty nine percent from the field, fifty from three and eleven of twenty two shots. They didn't get up many shots in this game. Why because they had twenty five turnovers. How do you overcome that? You out rebound the opposition by twenty five the team that's the best defensive rebounding percentage or has the best defensive rebounding percentage in the league in the Orlando Magic and the Clippers just crushed them on the boards forty nine to twenty four. Big Zoo led them in that department. He had twelve. He had seventeen points and twelve boards on eight of eleven shooting. Kevin Porter Junior I thought had some key buckets to sem the tide a little bit, to swing the momentum back in the Clippers favor, some tough buckets two ten points off the bench. Mobamba fifteen minutes, seven to four, physical brand of basketball from him. He and Moe Wagner, former teammates, were absolutely going at it. And how about Mobamba getting his first three as a Clipper against his former team in the Orlando Magic. Nico Batsoom five points, another three pointer, Jordan Miller eight in sixteen minutes and was doing Jordan Miller like stuff out there. I am proud of this squad, and a Mere Coffee especially stepped in filled the shoes of Norman Powell being out. He'll be out on Friday as well. A Mere Coffee gets the start eleven of his eighteen points in that first quarter. The Clippers needed that, They needed that scoring. They won the first quarter twenty nine to twenty five. He helped get them off to a good start. Really happy for a Mere Coffee right now, guys. He's playing arguably the best basketball of his career to start off this season. I know he had that month in January back in twenty twenty two. I think it was but in a tough situation with Norman Powell out on his bibblehead night no less, where he was in the swell of the wall banging the drum to start the game. Norman Powell going Clippers legend with it with the fans, with the crowd in the wall. So cool to see put a Mere Coffee stepping in in place of him and thriving Derek Jones Junior. I felt like had some big buckets. I want to say he had a big five zero run in the second half. Chris Dunn efficient seven points, James Harden inefficient five to fourteen. But with all that he has to do, he still hit a couple of big three pointers and one over Johnathan Isaac Late that probably was the dagger in this game. Just one on one Iso top of the key knocked it down. Meanwhile, the Orlando Magic got clamped. Fronz Bogner, who had been averaging twenty nine, six and six over the last six games where they hadn't lost. Fronz Bogner only had fourteen points, He only got up eleven shots. He still had six boards and six assists, but he completely was out of source and the Clippers had Chris done on him.
Speaker 3: To start.
Speaker 5: Derek Jones Junior picked him up at times a mere coffee. It was incredible, the wave of defenders they threw at him. You slow him down, You slow down Orlando period. That's what the Clippers were able to do. They win by eleven one oh four to ninety three. Is your final hear it into it Dome the back here on Friday night taking on the Sacramento Kings. Tip off at seven thirty. Pre game at six thirty outside of Los Angeles. We're leaving you until then. Up next, you're only five to seventy LA Sports and on the YouTube side, we got Clippers.
Speaker 8: Talk and with that, just like that, another Clipper broadcast is ended. Hoarding judging and this has been Clippers locker Road, a postgame look at today's gal.
Speaker 2: Every game all season long.
Speaker 4: Thank you for joining us, for all the action on the LA Clippers Audio network.
Speaker 1: Phoning in.
Speaker 2: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 1: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 1: Let me guess it's about Kawhi.
Speaker 2: Here we are and.
Speaker 1: Now here he is the host of your LA Clippers pre and.
Speaker 2: Postgame at follow Adam a Adam Ousley.
Speaker 5: Just like that, you Orlando Magic's winning streets as the Clippers win one oh four to ninety three, Here into a dome over the Magic Welcome to the Clippers stock. I'm out of Maslin. If you want to get on. Eight sixty six ninety eighty seven two five seventy eight six six ninety eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. As the Clippers improved to nine and seven, even while having twenty five turnovers in this game, because they go plus twenty five on the glass and play some stellar defense against Orlando, holding Franz Voger to just fourteen points. How about your Los Angeles Clippers? They beat up a team in two categories that Orlando was supposed to be better than them at defensive rebounding and overall defensive rating. Magic were second in that area during their six game winning streak. No one scored one hundred points against them. The Clippers put up one oh four while turning the ball over twenty five times, but when they didn't they shot forty nine percent from the field. They shot fifty percent from three. They're doing all this without Kawhi Leonard. I know Orlando is now Ben Caro right now and had Wendell Carter either, but they were favored in this ball game, if you care about such things. And how about big brother Jake Warner? He said three hours before the game, Clippers by eleven tonight. I mocked him, not because I didn't think they'd win, but he got the exact score, and I'm like, come on, man, will we do it here?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: One O four ninety three is the final, and I saw it play out right in front of my eyes. An unbelievable call by him. We got people in the UK who apparently want to call in tonight but don't know how. Age sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Well, you can at least hang out in the chat. After another great victory by your Los Angeles Clippers. They're nine and seven. They're doing this all without Kawhi. They're doing this against one of the toughest schedules in the NBA. So far, They've already had I think four back to backs, so eight of what they're sixteen games have been either front end or the back end of a back to back. They've swept two of the back to backs. This is so impressive. I'm so encouraged by what this team is doing. They are out performing the expectations that I had for them, that the national media had for them. It's still early. We're just about twenty percent of the way through the season. They still need Kauwi back at some point to do real damage. But I'm proud of the guys. I'm very proud of this group, including a mere coffee. I want to start with him, because without Norm pal tonight against the Orlando Magic team like this, we speculate, Okay, what's gonna happen to the Clippers offense without their number one scorer, Without one of the most if not the most efficient scorer in the league getting twenty three points per game while shooting basically fifty one percent from the field and almost fifty percent from three. What's gonna happen without Norm Powell? They still as a team almost shoot fifty to fifty one for their free throw shooting tonight. Those are the shooting splits without Orang Pale. And it starts with a mere coffee getting the start and having eleven points in the first quarter. Talk about filling the shoes, doing what it takes, making the rest of the guys feel like, Okay, Norms, Norms not playing and we're gonna be all right. He had a three early, then had a steal and a live to Dereck Jones Junior that was huge, Then another three off a fine from a Visa Zubots, then a three off a KPJ pass, a mer with a jumper, and he's got eleven points in the first quarter. Unreal got to the free throw line for a couple knocked them down eighteen points in thirty three minutes, six of ten shooting overall, four of seven from distance. He started four or four from three. His confidence, I mean, what were we talking about this offseason? What guy was talked about most that could be quote unquote expendable on this team. It was a mere coffee. If somebody was going to be traded, I mean he was traded last offseason. The trade got mixed in that three way with them in Boston, in Washington. Now he's become one of the most invaluable players, one of the most essential players on this team, that is starting with Noron Powell out and giving them a huge boost and playing on both ends of the floor. This is incredible. A mere freaking coffee. What a badass. What a way to fill in tonight and presumably Friday night normOn Pole's out then too. I don't think he's coming out of the starting lineup after after doing it like this, after performing this high of a level. I think Coach Lou's gonna go back to him. One of the other storylines heading in was is this It is Jordan Miller going to get minutes predicted he would predicted he would get first half minutes. He got first quarter minutes. He came in with about a minute left in the first quarter and did work and helped the Clippers out. He stripped Moe Wagner and got fouled on the other end right away. Then a layup to start the second quarter where it looked like it was a called play for him, Carlo Jimenez pointed out. Then he got a bucket on the right block in the second. He finished with eight points and sixteen minutes, three of seven shooting, didn't attempt a three pointer, did get blocked on a floater in the second half, but then had a deflection to man where Man found him for a dunk. In the second half. I want to say early fourth quarter, good game from Jordan Miller overall, Yeah, it was early fourth quarter. KPJ had the first points of the fourth quarter for them, a big jumper. Felt like he made some really key and timely shots. I know there were some possessions where he was dribbling the ball and over dribbling. Maybe you can get on him for that, but he had so many big plays. Jay Dogg says in the chat, I'll take a KPJ game like this any day. People were saying when Miller missed, it felt like there was contact. He played with rotation guys. He also got minutes in place of a mirror with the starters for a few minutes here. A mere coffee though, just a revelation to start off this season. Don't tell me things don't matter in the preseason when everything he was doing then translated into the regular season two he was one of the best players in the preseason for them. We thought he would get the star art tonight. He did, made the most of it. A mere coffee doing this, saving the Clippers right now without Norm Powell. We'll take a quick time out. We'll come back. We'll get your phone calls at eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy Ray, Jake, big Bro, Mike, we'll get to you coming up next. Clippers win one O four to ninety three over the Orlando Magic. Here it into a dome. They've won six straight in their new and first home after losing their first four untiltally redeem themselves more Clippers talk. Next, you're on a five seventy. LA Sports throws it up.
Speaker 1: The window finishes in the fowl.
Speaker 6: Los Angeles Slipper Nation. This is your home for the LA Clippers.
Speaker 3: LA Clippers.
Speaker 1: Take us with you on the Ihearts Radio AIPP.
Speaker 5: Slippers win one O four to ninety three over the Orlando Magic. Here it into a dome. I'm out of Maslin. This is Clippers Talk. Another big victory, Clippers nine and seven. Another surplus of turnovers with twenty five and they still win. They win the game against Golden State, turning it over twenty times. Coach Lou Groan when he saw the box score afterwards, I'm wondering what he said. Tonight. We'll probably have some Clippers Talk after dark for you later. We'll be done here at about eleven. Let's go to Let's see Ray and Redondo Beach first up here on Clippers Talk. Ray, what's up?
Speaker 9: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 10: Adam Auson?
Speaker 11: This is Ray, your favorite YouTube chatter wall section fourteen. Finally calling you because this was worth it.
Speaker 5: Brother Ray from the chat. Oh, this must be a big victory. I like it.
Speaker 8: Ray?
Speaker 5: What's up? How you feeling?
Speaker 4: I'm doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 11: A mere coffee I lost track of like he couldn't miss. I don't know when he started missing. Also, Jordan Miller fulfilling the prophecy stepping up, playing with the starters, as he mentioned, incredible.
Speaker 10: I couldn't ask for more.
Speaker 5: Of course, his first points, Jordan Miller's first points were at the free throw line, like of course he would draw a foul to start things off, because that's what he has been doing. I was impressed. I'm sure he's getting more minutes. He played sixteen tonight on Friday night against Sacramento and what could be a higher scoring affair. We'll see. But any other thoughts on this one?
Speaker 10: Ray, I guess the only blemish is you know, I felt bad for Terrence Man, you know, going I think he had one assist. But besides not, I mean, this is a team effort, stepping up for Norm Powell on his bubble head night. It's amazing.
Speaker 5: Well loving Ray from the chat saying he loves this team. Appreciate your Ray. See, you ain't gotta be scared. If you're in the chat and you want to call in, we can also talk uh Jake leaving into it, Jake, what's up?
Speaker 3: Jake?
Speaker 5: I mean, I could just talk to Big Bro. If Jake's not going to step up here, let's try Mike in l a Mike, you're on clipperstop with out of malls and Hi, Mike, Hey, and so you.
Speaker 12: Know, well obviously norm difically you know, tonight I could not watching this game. All I could think about were his words, additioned by some protraction the entire time.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 12: It was really you know, great to see. And you know, you just think about it when you can, you know, win a game by this much when you have you know, twenty five turnovers means you've got to be doing pretty much everything else, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what could And well it's funny because they turn it over twenty five times, Mike, but they out rebounded Orlando by twenty five to make up for it.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 12: I mean, you know they shot the ball well they you know, you know, didn't have the you know, an ordinated amount of you know, miss free throws.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 12: And you know, just really psyched, you know, really PSI for this team, and I hopefully they can just keep this you know, this trend going and you know get you know, if we get a healthy Colick who knows all.
Speaker 5: Right, Mike, I appreciate the phone call, Mike. Psyched up for this team, this victory, this win and saying, if we get Kawhi back, who knows. I'm with them right there. This team, that defensive identity, everything is played out for the most part in a way we anticipate this offseason. But I would say they still have exceeded my expectations to some point because they're two games about five hundred. I think just staying at five hundred, just playing at five hundred ball is maximizing their talent right now without Kawhi Leonard, especially considering the schedule. And then tonight they go through the adversity of not having Norm Powell and they still end up getting a victory over the number two defense in the league. But you tell me which you look better on that end, I think it was the Clippers, especially when you count for the rebounding there. Let's go to Sean and Inglewood. Uh oh, seat at Inglewood. What's up? Sean? Hey?
Speaker 3: My man?
Speaker 13: All right, just left the Clipper game. I wore my Corey mcghetty jersey and Corey signed it for me, my homeboy from Chicago, So that was really nice, and hey, it was a good win. It seemed like for a while that the offense was kind of not moving well there's a lot of turnovers. But they had a really good third quarter. Man, they just came out and really stick it over in the third quarter and then they just close it to the winds. So, like you said, they are going a little bit above the expectations, you know, like you just said. So that's a good thing. And they're playing d like great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to your point about the third quarter, they outscored the Magic there thirty to twenty one. Were the Clippers shot eleven for seventeen. That's sixty five quarter, Orlando shot seven for nineteen. So sean astute observation by you, my friend. Let's do it again Friday night.
Speaker 13: Huh yeah, a long time. I'll talk to my friend.
Speaker 5: Let's get back into the old habit. Sean and Inglewood is back on Clippers talk. We haven't heard from him yet this season. Clipper Nation. Uh one more before we break here Tagus and Walnut. Tagus here on Clipper stock without a mazzlay.
Speaker 14: Great win at awesome first quarter from Coffee. I'm glad he can play offense at him because you know he can't play defense.
Speaker 5: Right. Yeah, it turns out a mere Coffee is a two way player. There's somebody on Twitter recently. I don't know if that's what Tagus is referencing, but They're like, Coffee's a bad defender, and I'm like, what, he just closed out the game guarding Steph Curry the other night.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 14: No, he, if anything, He's always been known for his defense over his offense. But ga that he's been playing so well and it was a great team win. And you know, I thought that third quarter the key sequences came from Derrick Jones. They were up six. He hit that base fine three made it nine, and then the next possession he had to end one and that put it up to twelve, and they pretty much didn't look back from then.
Speaker 5: Uh Derreck Jones Jr. Yeah, that was a six to zero run by himself.
Speaker 14: Right, it went pushed the lead from six to six twelve.
Speaker 5: That was the third quarter. Yes, Yeah, those were key buckets by Derek Jones Junior. Right, that is a very good point. That three pointer and then the and won by him. It got the crowd into it too. You could feel that the wall came alive. That's when they kind of start to open things up. You felt the momentum really at the or the wind that the Clippers' backs, you could say, right.
Speaker 14: And man, Chris Dunn, you know, his defense has been better than advertising. And there's so many possessions where he probably not getting credit for the steal. But even when there was like two on one fast breaks and he's the only one back there, he just erupting in make the shot, making the shot so much more difficult for them, and they're not scoring, and all those things are are not statable, but he himself, I don't know what the opponent's percentage is shooting against him, but I'm guessing it's gonna be pretty low. He might take that Pat Bev and he can put that number one in the air as you know, all defensive team, because right now he seems like he should be on the All defensive team.
Speaker 5: But Chris Dunn had a steal to start the game, like right away, talk about setting the tone. He had a three at the two minute mark at the second quarter. He did step out of bounds though on that play, and that's like the third time the last couple of games where he has stepped out of bounds. They eventually overturned it. But then he came back in and hit a long two point I also love the floater he got in the third quarter because he's been able to create. Chris Dunn has manufactured some tough shots where he goes to his floater or it's just what I want my best to get to your best. That has been a pattern so far this season as a Clipper of times.
Speaker 14: No, and he's been getting really good looks inside even if they don't fall in there, they're good, high percentage shots. But you know, with him and Derry Jones hitting threes like, it's been better than we thought they would be. And I think we're in a good position just moving forward, especially when we go on the road. Got to limit those turnovers. And if we do have the lead, let's say in the last four minutes, keep running the offense. Don't there's too much iceo ball sometimes and we're ending We're ending up taking long threes or just a one on one contested shot. Just keep running the offense and keep playing.
Speaker 5: They're trying, I mean at times though, they just don't have enough guys that can create and bend the defense. So when teams are switching everything against them and playing really good defense, it gets tough. Terrence Man had some really bad possessions where he went over to and like, I think both shots were you know, very much forced, and that just happens with this Slippers offense. Sometimes they don't have enough self creators out there, but they got another one in Jordan Miller. Now, Jay, just I appreciate the phone call here eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy eight six six ninety seven two five seventy. After the Clippers win one O four to ninety three, hear it into it dome. We're is still on and poppin'. I think a group has rented it out, just like we used to see back in Staples Center and Crypto dot Com. We'll take a quick, quick time out. We'll come back. I think we got Chuck Mockler coming on from Clips and Dip. We'll see if we can get that going. I'm out of Mosland and you're listening to Los Angeles Slippers Audio Network and an five seventy Ela Sports throws it up.
Speaker 1: The window finishes in the.
Speaker 6: Fowel Los Angeles Slip. This is your home for the LA Clippers.
Speaker 3: LA Clippers.
Speaker 1: Take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 5: Clippers win one four to ninety three here and into a dome over the Orlando Magic welcome back in This is Clippers stock. I'm Adam Oslin. Eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy. Eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number that follow outa may On X. I'm gonna check out some of the postgame quotes here coming out from Coach Lou and the players. I believe we got something here from La Murray, as we always do. If you miss it, tomarazari U joined me earlier in the pregame show. We cleared some things up. Toron Lou once again was shaking his head about the turnovers. He said, quote, to win the game is great, but we got to get better. They do. I love hearing that because people always think a win is a win.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 5: You can learn in victory you can learn, and defeat you can learn in both. Amir Coffee also talked about his journey to the NBA postgame. This came from Joey Lamb. Amir Coffee said, quote, everybody has their own journey. Mine was a little different. I started on a two way for three years, and that was a grind. The G League grind is a lot getting to this point I'm in now. It means a lot the unseen hours, there's thousands of them. To end up in a position like this, This is a blessing. Could not be happier for a mere coffee after putting it together, a performance like this, gaining the start and rewarding the coaching staff for believing in him, which you know, that's only gonna help him get more minutes as we move along here, Tyler said this about Jordan Miller quote. We know Jordan is a good talent, and he hasn't really had a chance to have consistent minutes in the regular rotation. I thought tonight he did a good job competing defensively. I thought overall he was pretty good. He was solid. Hopefully he can continue to grow from this, all right. I hope that means he's getting more minutes coming up on Friday, because I think they need him, and coach lud definitely gave him some extra run at times when it felt like the Clippers, you know, they just needed somebody out there that could create their own offense. Jordan Miller is one of those guys. His quickness, his shiftiness, his deceleration when he gets to the bucket. It's just apropos that he ends up at the free throw line for the start of this game when he got in at the end of the first quarter, and that's how he scored his first points, because that's what he does. That is Jordan Miller kind of in a nutshell. He's a tough guard and he draws a lot of fouls. Telmarr Rizzari has a tweet up where apparently a mere Coffee was interviewing Jordan Miller postgame. Amir said, how did it feel cracking the rotation? What was your mindset? Jordan said, it felt really good. I had some tea mates get hot tonight, so we try to get them the ball. Obviously talking about a beer coffee getting hot there. That's funny. The companionship, the camaraderie with this group, very very strong Clipper nation. This is exciting. Nine and seven is exciting. This Clippers team. I just can't say enough about them being two games above five hundred without Kawhi Leonard. I mean, you look back at how the media was talking about this team and they're gonna be, you know, a bottom three, bottom four team in the Western Conference. And I can update you on the standings here in a second. But I think the Clippers are outperforming most people's expectations. I thought anything around five hundred is a success without Kawhi Leonard, and right now at nine and seven, they're ninth. But there's three teams other teams they're tied with. With that record, you know everything's clumped up in the Western Conference. You go on a hot streak and you can shoot up the standings pretty quick. That's basically what happened with the Houston Rockets. They are eleven and five now eight and two in their last ten games. Clippers though seven and three their last ten. So just some really encouraging signs from this team that even on a nightlight tonight, even with all the turnovers, they can still win. And to me, I said this on the broadcast, what that means is their margin for error is increasing. The fact that they're winning games while having twenty turnovers or more, it tells you how much wider their margin for error was than we originally thought. That's what has changed to me seeing a team that's so good defensively and so much better on the boards. I expected this defense. I did not expect them to be this good of a rebounding team. I talked about with Law Murray. He didn't expect this either. We both thought personnel wise, they were going to struggle on the boards. And they just outrebound to Orlando Magic by beleeping twenty five. Are you kidding me? They were plus thirteen on the offensive rebounds. Orlando had two offensive rebounds, the Clippers had fifteen. So they're excelling in areas. I just did not expect the three point shooting unexpected. Heading into this game. They were just under thirty eight percent. They're probably over it now after going eleven or twenty two from three without Norman Powell by far their best three point shooter, especially when you account for the volume. Guys been shooting almost fifty percent from three while taking a ton of them. It's crazy. Can they keep it up? What's repeatable? What is something they can continue to do. That's that's what we'll see you moving forward. What's sustainable from this group. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. We got big Chuck Mockler coming on from clips and Dip. I'm out a Mazland Clippers win again. Sixth straight victory, third straight overall after losing three straight, but six straight victory now and into a dome after they start off losing their first four games. Here they're kicking their feet up. They're getting very comfortable in their new home. Clippers win one O four to ninety three over the Orlando Magic. Charles Mockler coming up next right here on a five seventy LA Sports throws.
Speaker 6: It out the window, finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the LA Clippers.
Speaker 3: LA Clippers.
Speaker 1: Take us with you on the Ihearts RADIOIP.
Speaker 5: Clippers win one O four to ninety three over the Orlando Magic. Here it into a dome. Welcome back in I'm out a Maslin. This is Clippers Talk. Final segment here, Clippers taking it on the Sacramento Kings. Right back here on Friday to exit the four game homestand before they head out onto the road. Join the show. Right now is Big Chuck Mockler from Clips and Dip. Charles. This was an impressive victory because of how bad they were with the turnovers and they still win convincingly.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was watching this game and I was kind of like, is this gonna end up? The second most comfortable win since the seventy six ers one. I called this on the Clippers pod stream a disgraceful win because of the turnovers, and we'll take all of those that we can get at this point. There's a lot of good stuff, but the turnovers are crazy.
Speaker 5: The turnovers. I mean, Orlando, there's a reason they're second defensively. They have the same type of ballhawk guards that the Clippers do. It was almost a mirror match at times where both teams were turning it over or both teams were getting crazy stops, and they just make it so hard to score on you. But you know, the Clippers ended up shooting forty nine percent from the field. They shoot fifty percent from the outside again, and they didn't have Norm Powell. When they actually got shots off, they were knocking them down. But I think the story is a mere coffee filling the shoes of Norm Powell admirably tonight and having eleven points what in the first quarter and helping them get off to a quick start.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he had a norm start, right. I think he went three for three from three to open this game. It was exactly what we've seen from Norm so far, which is awesome. He faded a little bit in the second half, but again the start that we got from a here was exactly what we needed, especially with Hard and not starting all that well. He closed great to kind of trade it off halves in this one, but no, I mean a mirror hard to not call him kind of player of the game.
Speaker 5: What did you make in the minutes from Jordan Miller? I thought he was solid overall.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and in terms of you know, this was like kind of his first real stint right and against the team that is a really good defense, and he did everything that Jordan Miller fans wanted him to do right, show that he can get to the rim, show that he gets the whistle, which he did, and he made up for two steals. He was a big part. You know, Will on the podcast talks about us meeting outlier offensive nights from guys. Sometimes two steals from Jordan Miller in his first real action is an outlier defensive performance that they really needed. And hopefully we see more of the same on Friday, which I think he is capable of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Norm Pal is going to be out again on Friday against the Sacramento Kings. But to start off this four game homestand three to zero the Clippers two games about five hundred. They're doing it. They're exceeding expectations right now they're playing. I don't know if you want to say it's above their heads or just above what the national media thought they could do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it's I think it's a little of both the national media and you know, the win totals were a little crazy flying around for the Clipper. I think most of them had a pegged at like thirty seven wins or something like that. But it's real. I hope the media isn't the main stream sports media doesn't start talking about the Clippers, because that's some things tend to kind of unravel a little bit. But this also, this team doesn't care everything we were sold in the preseason in terms of this new defensive mentality, what Van Gundy has brought, it's been what's been happening. So it's nice to see that bill of goods still be true this far into the season, with the tough schedule, missing two key guys tonight at least.
Speaker 5: Someone brought this up in the chat earlier, and I kind of wasn't sure if I wanted to ask this question, but I was thinking about it the other day too. There's almost like a heat culture going on with this Clippers team right now, or just the whole is greater than some of its parts and the defensive intensity they're playing with. I don't know, is that crazy to say or is it too early? Right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think I think there's building blocks to it. Right We saw the building blocks in the preseason for what this team could be during the regular season, and if this team continues this mentality kind of throughout the whole season, that's the biggest building block for kind of reforming the culture finding a new one in the post the very very post two to one three era.
Speaker 5: What have you made of Mobamba so far as a Clipper? In just his third game now where he finally hit a three pointer and it looked pretty good, there was a battle going on between him and Moe Wagner, former teammates there.
Speaker 3: As soon as.
Speaker 5: Moe got into the ball game against Mo, they were absolutely pushing and shoving each other. It was crazy. It was a really physical game, but those two in particular, there was an individual battle going on too that was kind of fun.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the reps were kind of odd in this so and they were letting some stuff go, but no, Bamba's been a breath of fresh air for the people like myself when we're terrified about the back of five scenarios. The three is just kind of icing on the cake because he's also just he's been a big target for James Harden to find. He's drawn foul, he's finished at the rim. Well for the most part, like he's doing everything a real backup five should do for a team. It's limited minute. He's not going to really, you know, dominate a game or anything. With that scrappiness that you mentioned. Is another thing showing how a guy has fit in with this new defensive culture, and there's no way the rest of the team doesn't feed off that when the guy who's just come onto the team is showing all the other things that you know, the regular guys have shown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, outside the three pointer that he knocked down, as you mentioned, just kind of icing on the cake. He had a physical layup against Mo Wagner for his first points, and then he had a put back layup. He plays like a traditional big that also can give you a three here and there. Basically, I'm good with that. I hope he continues to put him up because you know, he's taken over seven hundred in his career and he's a thirty six percent three point shooter. I mean, it's real, I guess. On the downside, not the best performance from Terrence Man in his minutes, you could.
Speaker 9: Say, yeah, I mean you can definitely say that he had a nice little He had this dish to Jordan Miller, which was cool. He had like a nice little pop in midway through the fourth. But I don't know what's up with Terrence. He had good performances. Tyler credited him, you know, praised him in the postgame stuff that he got his guy back and things like that. But it's a rocky slope up for Terrence Man. I still think it is trending up over the last four games or so, but the lows are kind of hard to deal with in a new way with Terrence.
Speaker 5: I think you could say the same for Kevin Porter Junior, where he has been trending upwards in this game, and he got both once again. I thought he had some really timely shots, like there was a nine to zero run by Orlando in the third and he had a jumper I think out of a timeout on like the right elbow, and he had a couple of tough ones, like a spinning layup with some English on it that he to go. But then there were some bad plays too. It's just it's up and down. But I feel like it's starting to trend towards overall positive play from him. I know what he misses on the ISO plays. It makes people cringe, but it still is just a misshot. It's not like it goes like minus two against them because he missed that shot necessarily. It's just it doesn't look great when it does happen.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I like how you said that the positive trending up with a question mark, because it is. It's the KPJ roller coaster, right. Some the turnovers were rough tonight. There was one possession I think he took two threes a little early in the shot. Cluck Well, like you said, he brings things that this team needs. He crashes the boards, cut He had six assists the night, Like, there are some things he's doing well. It's just when things aren't going well, the way that he gets his shot it's I think it's it's a bigger spotlight. I thought he was gonna struggle more against this Orlando defense, to be honest, just because they're kind of built to shut down a guy like that. But it trending. Yeah, everyone's trending up in their own special either question mark ended way or just normal way.
Speaker 5: Quickly, How do you feel about the game on Friday? Can they close things out and sweep the Homestand.
Speaker 9: I hope they can, But it is the NBA Cup and the Clippers seem to have the worst luck in the NBA Cup, so we're gonna need more minutes from Jordan Miller. I think guys are gonna be kind of tired from tonight, but I think they can. They match up pretty well with the with the Kings, and let's just hope we got a third of the turnovers out of our system.
Speaker 5: Tonight, Clippers with twenty five turnovers and somehow survive with the victory one four, two ninety three over the Orlando Magic here and into it Dome. He is Chuck Mockler of Clips and dip fame. Charles. Thanks for doing this on the phone side, on the video side, making it happen for people in the chat as well, my friend as we close out the show, appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Hey, thanks for having me. Let's go clips.
Speaker 5: Coming up, Clippers taking on the Sacramento Kings Friday night tip time, right back here at seven thirty, your pregame show at six thirty. Yeah, Charles, he's got the mustache game on lock right now. My beard game was stronger, but I trimmed it about a week ago. Like rights, no shave November hit like a pool. I just can't help myself. At some point it just gets unruly. This Clippers team defensively though unruly. Just I can't say enough about defensive effort. And everybody's talking about Jeff Van Gundy and what he has been doing for this team. I think he might be the MVP so far because guys are just staying locked in. They're not letting up, They're not letting their offense affect their defense when they do have those lolls. So hats off to the Clippers so far. They're nine to seven doing it without Kawhi Leonard Kings again coming up on Friday, right back here at into its own before we get out of here, I do want to think the Clippers organization. Ralph Lawler, Brian Seeman, Noah Eagle, Hello Jimenez on the call, in this one, the prophet big Brother Jake Warner calling it an eleven point victory. Our head engineer, Katie Newton, our producer back in the bank, Thank you Katie. Lead statisticition Chris Taylor as well. I'm Adam Oslin. We'll talk to you in about forty minutes at Clippers Talk on the YouTube side. We'll have a Clippers Talk after dark for you outside on the five to seventy side. Were back on Friday, Clippers taking on the Kings six thirty pre game talk to you then.
Speaker 4: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every game.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 4: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 11: Clippers Talk Maybe