Speaker 1: Hey, cult members, Jacob here just want to tell you about this new product in this new company that we have partnered with. Step into a new era of wellness with Rife Technology utilizing the power of electromagnetic frequencies. These machines are crafted following the groundbreaking legacy of doctor Royal Raymond Bright, fact by the dedication and research of Matthew Rife, doctor Rife's great nephew. Rife Technology offers genuine relief and harmony, experience life enriched by legacy and innovation, and remember, with a thirty day money back guarantee, no questions asked.
Speaker 2: You can explore with confidence.
Speaker 1: Go to real Rifetechnology dot com right now and shop around. You're going to see their entire product line. If you listen to the Cult to Conspiracy you heard the episode where we use one in shop with our girl Christy, we can tell you firsthand this is some incredible, incredible technology. It comes in a really nice case, It has a tablet that comes with it.
Speaker 2: It gives you a step by step.
Speaker 1: Instructure on how to fire it up, how to use it, and it's incredible. The benefits of it are substantial. It is once again backed by scientific research. So go to the website right now, and if you use the promo code cult at checkout, you will get ten percent off of your entire order. Shop now at relrife Technology dot com. That's Realrife Technology dot com.
Speaker 3: Hello, and welcome to the show. This is the Cult of Conspiracy. And my name's Jonathan, I'm Jacob, and today we got a little bit of a doucey, Jacob.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit of a dissy.
Speaker 1: Gonna be honest with you now, anybody who's listened to our show for any period of time, the good cult members out there, you know that as far as soft drinks, cold drinks, so to pop as some of you Yankees might call it.
Speaker 3: But I'm sorry, no what am I saying? It's just pop.
Speaker 2: It's just pop, just pop, Okay, and you know it.
Speaker 1: For this conversation, I'm gonna go ahead and throw my own opinion as far as what these things are properly called.
Speaker 2: We're gonna put that to the back burner. Okay, we got more, We.
Speaker 1: Got more important fish to fry at this time. Okay, So here's the deal. Anybody who's listened to me for more than a few minutes knows that. I am not a big fan of Pepsi Cola as a company. I see them as pure communists. They're evil, clearly, clearly anti America, and as far as I could tell, through and through, they've always been that way.
Speaker 3: Look, they have the red, white and blue on their can.
Speaker 1: Okay, Russian flag is red, white and blue. Francis flag is red, white and blue. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, color schemes are color schemes, my man.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get that, and that's that would be a really good image. But if you look at their logo, it also looks like a logo of a certain politician that ran and was president at one point in time. Not important for the conversation today, but I am just gonna say it's their symbolism involved with that.
Speaker 2: But whatever.
Speaker 1: Fine, Okay, So if anybody doesn't know, Pepsi Coola has recently made a couple of big moves and that's pretty much what spawned this whole episode today. So I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen. I got a few videos to play today, I got some articles are gonna read. And for anybody who is just listening instead of watching, but they would like to watch, what's going on.
Speaker 2: Jonathan tell her where they can go.
Speaker 3: You can come check us out at patreon dot com slash Cultive Conspiracy Podcast or rockfan dot com slash culture can Spiracy. Both of those links are down in the show notes below. Every Tuesday night at nine pm Central, we go live with all of our good cult members and it's a great way to be able to support the show. So thank you everybody that has already. And also very it's commercial free, so if that is something that ruffles you, then Patreon is is your calling card.
Speaker 1: It is Listen. We understand the commercials are ridiculous. We don't exactly have control over that. There's a process to that between us and the company that we stream through. Listen, Patreon is the best way to bypass the ads. It is the best way to support the show. And if you get to that third ay all the way open tier, you get to be a part of the Tuesday Night lives and that has become its own cult collective family get together every Tuesday night.
Speaker 2: It's a blast. Come check us out.
Speaker 3: Occult Classic if you will.
Speaker 1: A cult classic, yes, indeed, it is all right, all right, So all right here, I was just scrolling through the YouTube's in my own little in my nothing box.
Speaker 2: If you will right, that's my nothing box.
Speaker 1: Stumble upon three YouTube shorts that really peaud my interests and sent me spiraling down this rabbit hole.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: I was born, ready, I came out Ready, Let's do it?
Speaker 4: And don't you love when the big corporation bullies get beat by the little guy? PepsiCo learned this lesson the hard way. In twenty nineteen, the owner of Lays suit Indian farmers because they were growing a protected potato variety. According to the suit, each farmer owed over one hundred thousand dollars to PepsiCo, which was then worth one hundred and seventy seven billion dollars. But the little farmers they fought back because while the company did legally own the plant variety, it didn't account for the country's customs. In India, neighboring farms often share in trade seats after each season. Last protect this informal trading system as an important part of Indian farming culture, and since the defendants were just trading with their neighbors, some of the twelve thousand farms where PepsiCo had licensed its potato, the crops were legally protected PepsiCo realized its mistake and tried to withdraw the lawsuit, but it was too late. Core had exposed PepsiCo using private detectives to entrap the farmers, and the judge heavily penalized the company, avoiding it's potato pat rides all together. You know, it tastes better than a bag of chips, justice, I mean, don't you love?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: All right, So that was the first little click that I was just scrolling through and found and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: Now Pepsi co ended up screw trying to sue poor Indian farmers for some potatoes.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 3: So that got me thinking, since when do potatoes going Pepsi? Is that a commonly known thing?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, But you understand that Freedo Lay is also owned by Pepsi.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I got you.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't you worry. This is big, This is big, big, big. We are going all over the board on this one. So as I was scrolling through and I found that article, right, and we're gonna talk about the articles associated with all that and the whole thing. But I was like, you know what, I know that Pepsi is a communist company, and I know there are some evil bastards. I've been knowing this been had that, right, but then I found this one and it also just kind of spiraled into its own other add thought form.
Speaker 7: Right for this, there's a weird reason why people in China hate pepsi and it's costing them billions of dollars. You might think it's because papsi tastes like a water down version of cope, but that's not the real reason why. See, after accidentally translating pepsi brings you back to life, to pepsi brings your ancestors back from the dead, the people of China did the unthinkable, so subscribe because they ended up going to graves with cans of pepsi, and after their ancestors were still dead, they vowed to never drink pepsi again.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's also a true statement that he just said. That's a real story, and we're gonna talk more about that. I'm thinking, like, okay, a simple translation issue couldn't have been that big of a deal, right, Like, people in China are not thinking that if you buy a bunch of pepsi, you'll you'll be able to bring your dead relatives back to life, right, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I suppose they are a spiritual people over there, and it could have just been used as somewhat of a totem or something like that. And also, don't forget, I'm gonna get real weird here, but Pepsi used to have a version of their drink called Pepsi Crystal or Crystal Pepsi.
Speaker 2: You remember that, we're gonna talk about it.
Speaker 3: So it might have been getting into like the witchcraft talk to your spirits via the Pepsi Crystal or some shit.
Speaker 1: Well, as it come to find, we're gonna do more into the ad that was ran because it was a part of a new branding or not epidemic, although it became that way in China. A new branding campaign that Pepsi went in about like the Pepsi generation, right, give energy back to your life and all of this, And somehow some very very unfortunate set of sentences got sent to the Chinese ad campaign and they're like, Pepsi brings your dead ancestors back, and we'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: We'll get there anyway. Anyway, this gentleman rate like a little short.
Speaker 1: They just sent me spirally, right, yeah, this one is more current day as in as of this week. Okay, so we are gonna be doing a big dive into Pepsi and this, my friend, is the real reason why and why we need to really pay attention to them in the next coming year for sure.
Speaker 3: But moving forward, he has good I was just saying he has some blushes hair.
Speaker 1: He really does, and I'm jealous of it. That hairline is still holding strong too. It ain't going too far back. Like that's as solid genetics right there.
Speaker 3: That is some good genes.
Speaker 7: Pepsi Co.
Speaker 8: Has bought cit Foods from one point two billion dollars.
Speaker 7: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 8: This acquisition seems to raise a lot of concerns. The reason why people perceive this to be bad is because Sieta Foods is known to use best in class ingredients and now they're being bought by Pepsi Co. Which doesn't have the best track record when it comes to ingredients. So while I do understand the concern, hold on a second. You have to remember Primal Kitchen was bought by Hines and they never changed their ingredients. It remained loyal to their brand integrity. It actually increased brand awareness and because of that primal kitchen is in more stores and households today, and that's what I see Pepsi doing with Sieta Foods. You're just going to see it in more places. Ubiquitous. That's a good thing, that's.
Speaker 9: What we want.
Speaker 2: And I've met.
Speaker 8: CIA Foods at Expo West. These people are so passionate about what they do. I can't see them cutting corners with ingredients.
Speaker 10: With the power of.
Speaker 8: Pepsi Coast marketing, I believe this is an excellent thing for CIA because this is going to get the word out and rightfully so, So congratulations CIA Foods and congratulations to the Garza family. So keep that positive mindset and follow the channel.
Speaker 1: All right, So on face value, that sounds nice, Okay, it sounds like okay, Pepsi might be trying to buy a all natural chip company, right, and they're doing this thing. It's gonna it's diversifying their financial portfolio. It's breaking out into a newer, different sector of the food and beverage industry. It seems like a wise move, right, I mean off top.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, but also at the same time, it's monopoly, you know, yes, so yes, it's never a good thing.
Speaker 1: So We're gonna start off at the top here. Okay, so this is a article buy Actually, this is from the Pepsi com from not mistaken. Yeah, this is on the PepsiCo website. As a matter of fact. As of October one, twenty twenty four, PepsiCo to acquire Cota.
Speaker 2: Foods for one point two billion dollars. Let's read into it.
Speaker 3: The acquisition will complement PepsiCo's portfolio with the addition of an authentic Mexican American brand, while also growing it's better for you food offerings. Cota products will bring a rich new aspect to the PepsiCo multicultural portfolio with delicious food that plays an important role in meal occasions and culinary experiences. Founded in twenty fourteen, Cota produces authentic, heritage inspired tortillas, salsas, seasonings, sauces, cookies, snacks, and more. Cota's products can be found in grocery stores, club stores, and organic food retailers primarily across the US. The Garza family has built a very special brand. Their passion for making and sharing food shines through in every CTA product, and that's a passion that we share at PepsiCo, said Ramon Lagwata, chairman and CEO of Pepsi. PepsiCo believes in the spirit and authenticity of the CTA brand, and we're excited to carry on the legacy created by the Garza family. We look forward to expanding our multicultural portfolio with these incredible products and even more consumers discovering and Enjoyingta. Cia was created ten years ago to make heritage inspired Mexican American food more widely available. Now we're excited to embrace a new era with PepsiCo and bring our inclusive, better for you products to more people, said Miguel Garza. We hope this next chapter for Cia serves as an inspiration for other Latino businesses, showing that it's possible to build a thriving brand that honors our heritage and celebrates our culture to transit.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, So again off top, it sounds like it's just a really good business deal that's happening here, and it says right here that this company was founded ten years ago.
Speaker 2: They created this thing ten years.
Speaker 1: Ago, and they grew it into a brand that has tried to stay true to their heritage and all these things. It's wonderful, it's good stuff. One point two billion dollars bro for a organic chip company in ten years. To go from just breaking out to being bought by one of the largest food and beverage conglomerates on Earth.
Speaker 2: That's impressive.
Speaker 3: It is impressive. But you gotta look at the details as to why they wanted to take this on in the first place. And I mean, are they buying it for the namesake? Are they buying it for the rights to certain potatoes or certain land or something like that. Maybe maybe the Guardza family has certain ingredients that they have patented and nobody else can get their hands on, and that can make money over like handover fist. And so this is really how transactions work in the business world. It's it's all about, all right, if I pay what is it, one point two billion dollars, how much am I going to make over the course of the next ten years while invested into this company? And if it makes us handover fist money on top of what we were already making while labeling and marketing it as a better for you food product, I'm sure that they're going to mess around with a couple of ingredients to make it even cheaper, make it even less healthy. For you and market it in a even more positive light than even the Garza products were.
Speaker 1: You know, it's also fascinating because there's a video here, and honestly, you care about stocks, correct, You've played around in that world before.
Speaker 3: I have it's fun. I'm not mess around in it now. It is way too crazy in there now, dude, everything's tanking.
Speaker 1: So I was gonna say this guy here nine months ago he put out this video, why are super investors buying Pepsi Coast stock? And by super investors Buffett and Bill Gates, we're buying huge amounts of Pepsi Coast stock as of earlier this year beginning of this year? Why and how would they do that? And basically, I mean, we don't have to play it all the way through. But he goes into a pretty good deep dip of how like the company is doing okay overall, and it's not an unwise investment, but it's not a good investment either.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of a neutral.
Speaker 1: It said over the past I think he said ten years, it's had a one hundred and nine percent increase, which is good, but it's nothing like that would make these guys weaken.
Speaker 2: The needes to come jump on it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it would make it a good like for a one K fund, more so like super long term rather than you know, buying into it at the short Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, So you know, let's just go to his valuation of the company at again as of nine months ago and see what he says as far as it being a good or wise investment. And again this was before they were about to make some huge purchase of some new company. As a matter of fact, there's a reason why people kind of hesitant towards it based off of what was going on in twenty nineteen. We'll talk about it in a minute, but let's see here this was earlier this year.
Speaker 11: Price to earnings ratio is twenty eight, so this is pretty high. What it means is that for every dollar PepsiCo is earning currently, we have to pay twenty eight dollars. But to properly value it, we will use a discounted cash flow formula, and because future is pretty hard to predict, we will create three scenarios off this future growth. So in the low scenario, we will estimate a growth of four percent for the first five years, and then three percent in the medium six percent and then five percent, and in the high scenario eight percent for the first five years and then six percent growth. Now why did I use such estimates? Well, soft drink market is expected to grow by four point fifteen percent per year from twenty twenty three till twenty twenty seven. So the low scenario predicts that PepsiCo will just follow the market, medium scenario predicts that it will outperform the market, but not by much, and the high scenario predicts that it will grow twice as fast as the market. And so with such estimates, the intrinsic value in the low scenario is fifty one dollars, in the medium scenario sixty two dollars, and in the high scenario seventy two dollars. But we are not finished yet because we have to also add a margin of safety to those prices. I use a thirty percent one, but you can use any margin that makes you feel comfortable. So with such a margin we get in the low scenario thirty six dollars, in the medium forty three dollars, and in the high one fifty dollars. And the current price is around one hundred sixty eight dollars. So it is all in the red and the difference is really meaningful. So PepsiCo is expensive. Even with the current drop in price, it do look to appealing. Also, its financial health is not the best no growth of free cash flow, high debt and below average margins are something to consider. So why do we see super investors buying well for one thing, they can be just wrong, but they are not stupid irrational people. They must have their reasons. And it is worth noting that you not only get a nice and growing dividend, but also the fact that it is a dividend king makes the stock attractive to a lot of investors, and that can lead to such great results as we saw in the past.
Speaker 12: So I think it.
Speaker 11: Is more about the dividends and the psychology of the market than actual fundamentals. But please let me.
Speaker 1: Know in the Okay, So he is saying that they could be wrong and they're just investing because you know, I don't know. It's about the culture of the market, dude. Big dogs don't make big investments for the hell of it.
Speaker 3: No, not at all. And I'm actually looking at the stock price and everything right now, I just use Robin hood. I know that that's a beginner app do whatever you want. I like it.
Speaker 1: What is it at because he just said it was currently and that was as of nine months ago.
Speaker 2: He said one hundred and sixty two dollars to give or take.
Speaker 3: No, he said it was at one sixty.
Speaker 2: Eight, one sixty eight. What's it at now?
Speaker 3: One sixty eight oh one?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: Yep, right now it is not. I mean it's gone up and it's gone down. But over the past month it has dropped six and a half percent.
Speaker 1: And they just announced this week that they have bought this company, so I could see stock prices jumping up here in this last quarter. Not to mention, not too terribly long ago, six years ago, they also did this.
Speaker 2: As far as an investment goes.
Speaker 13: It's a deal worth some with bubbly sparkling water. Actually, PepsiCo will buy Soda Stream for three point two billion dollars. It's the snack and beverage giant's latest move to put out healthier products with an environmentally friendly agenda. PepsiCo agreed to pay one hundred and forty four dollars per share in cash for Soda Stream's outstanding stock. The deal may help the soda giant in July, PepsiCo reported sales in its North American beverage business had declined four quarters in a row. The Soda Stream machine sits on users countertops and works by adding carbon dioxide to reusable bottles that consumers fill with topwater. The deal will give Soda Stream more distribution. Fortune reports Soda Stream is in forty six countries versus more than two hundred for PepsiCo. We really do see the two companies as an ideal match in a lot of ways, said Pepsi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll bet they do.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting how Pepsi has dropped that far in a whole quarter of their sales. You know why, Because they suck and because they're commis.
Speaker 2: That's why I.
Speaker 3: Am gonna have a difference of opinion here. I actually think Pepsi's better than Coke.
Speaker 2: Well maybe you won't after you hear their whole story.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you know what, before I just go ahead and shit all over Pepsi and say that they are the commie juice, I do want to make mention of once upon a time where Coca Cola actually secretly started getting slipped into a Russian general during the Cold War.
Speaker 12: Let's give a Listen, We're all familiar with Coca Cola, but this is also coke. It said that clear coke was a top secret project made exclusively for a thirsty red Russian.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 12: During World War Two, Coca Cola made a global splash, boosting American troops morale. At one point, Dwight D. Eisenhower met with Georgie Zukov, a Soviet general instrumental in the defeat of Nazi Germany. Eisenhower introduced him to coke.
Speaker 2: Try this.
Speaker 12: Kov was hooked. But after the war, coke was seen as a symbol of American imperialism and was banned from the Soviet Union. Yeah, nope, not here. So Zukov called up none other than US President Harry Truman to send him a.
Speaker 9: Secret stash Coca colas.
Speaker 12: Truman agreed to help Zukov out.
Speaker 2: All right, you got it.
Speaker 12: He got the top dogs at Coca Cola to disguise its iconic look. They eliminated the drink's artificial coloring, but made sure the new vodka look alike still had that classic coke taste. They packaged it in straight glass bottles capped with a red star. According to a World War two cokerap fifty cases were sent to Russia. Zukov got us fix. He was never caught with the disguise cola, and as far as we know, it hasn't been Sipson's.
Speaker 3: Interesting So they made their own crystal coke over there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it was just a coke, right, and it was regular Coca Cola. They just removed the corn syrup coloring, the caramel color, and then they put in a different bottle and secretly shipped it.
Speaker 2: And literally this was a.
Speaker 1: A friendly gesture between two old homies who fought together in World War Two against the Nazis. Right, So that's about as far as that like conspiracy goes.
Speaker 2: It's a cool one.
Speaker 1: But then, all right, fine, so Coca Cola at least had some sort of thing in communist Russia, and I at least wanted to give that.
Speaker 2: It's not. Now let's hear about how PEPSI genuinely won the soda war into Soviet territory. You've ever heard of this, Jonathan, I have not.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, this will be an interesting little vigion and it's not it damning in any way unless you don't fuck with commies, in which case you may feel some type of way about this. But you know again, maybe this is just me putting my own spin on it. Let's see, let's hear what they got to say. This is from business casual, how Pepsi won the USSR and then almost lost everything.
Speaker 9: Pepsi almost the best selling cola in the world. For over a century, Coca Cola and Pepsi have been vying for dominance, but in one particular case, Pepsi outpaced Coca Cola in a dramatic fashion. As you see today, Pepsi achieved what no other American company could do. It conquered the heart of America's greatest rival, the Soviet Union. Our story begins in the late nineteen fifties. Stalin was dead and from the ensuing power struggle, Nikita Kushchov emerged as the victor. His vision for the future of the Soviet Union was quite different from his predecessors. Unlike Stalin, Nikita wanted to reform the country and to actually improve the lives of the population. He decided to end the Gulak system of labor camps and to open up the country's borders so that citizens could travel and see the world. The ultimate expression of his liberal policies was the ambitious decision to host an American National Exhibition right back home in Moscow. The US government was happy to oblige, and in the summer of nineteen fifty nine, the Americans brought in an impressive array of items, from Martin TV sets to automobiles in fashion. The US was keen on showing the merits of capitalism to the USSR, and had spared no effort in doing so. It even went so far as to build a model house to showcase just how well off the average American was living. Over the course of six weeks, three million Soviet citizens would visit the exhibition. And yet, despite the publicity, the true purpose of the exhibition was to open up the Soviet Union to international trade. You see, the American government had supplied the exhibition with the products of four hundred and fifty American companies who were very eager to do business with the USSR. And you guessed it. PEPSI was among the first in line to support this radical endeavor. In fact, the date before the exhibition opened, Donald Kendall, the head of pepsi's international division, approached then Vice President Nixon with a simple request Nixon had to get a pepsi into the hands of Nikita Kushchov. The very next day, at the exhibition's opening, Nixon welcomed Krushchev at the site of the model house's kitchen, and there the two men engaged in a fierce but friendly debate on the merits of communism and capitalism. This exchange came to be known as the Kitchen Debate, and immediately after it, Nixon led Krushchev to a refreshment booth filled with nothing but pepsi. Khrushchov liked it very much and encouraged everyone to partake. Most people enjoyed it, although some described pepsi is smelling like shoe wax.
Speaker 1: Okay, real quick before we continue, we'll continue here. Some people said it's smell and tasted like shoe wax. I agree with those people, But there's two different types of people in this world. There's different flavor profiles that people get down with. Some people agree that pineapple belongs on pizza.
Speaker 2: Some don't right it.
Speaker 3: Do belong to the pizza.
Speaker 1: I agree that it does right, but certain people are wrong on that, and certain people with pepsi the same way. However, just gonna make a quick mention now, Vice President Dick Nixon. Literally, this is a proven example of corporate espionage making its way into the political sphere to do international trade deals up into and including the at the time vice president of the United States.
Speaker 2: That's pretty insane.
Speaker 3: Dude, Oh dude, Like these things are addictive for a reason, and it just goes to show beyond the reasoning that we think it is, it's being used as part of trade talks to be able to build relationships with other countries. Like, that's crazy to me. But I will say, like, as far as pepsi goes, I I like coke as well. It's just that sometimes pepsi is a little bit more refreshing, it's a little bit more crispy.
Speaker 1: It's not even just the liquid itself that I have an issue with at this time. It's honestly pepsi co It's all the conglomerate. But to be honest with you, it's not like I could go to my pantry and find half the products that aren't somehow connected to them or any of the other big conglomerates. But again, again, this is just as we're looking back into the pepsi co industry because This is in the early stages. This isn't This is before they did the big acquisitions. This is before they bought Taco Bell, this is before they bought all this shit. Right, we're talking early, early on. Instead of just going to the shore showroom floor and trying to just compete it out with who's got a better product alongside Coke, Pepsi went in and full on just went to the VP, went to the plug, so to speak.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a move, that's a power move.
Speaker 1: And it still didn't work, but it did as far as their sales.
Speaker 2: In Russia went. But anyway, anyway, let's continue.
Speaker 9: In any case, this colosso pr victory catapulted Donald Kendall through the ranks at Pepsi, and within four years he had become the company's CEO. His prime focus was making Pepsi available to the average Soviet citizen, but traded with the Soviet Union was much harder than you'd imagine. You see, the Soviet rubo was essentially worthless outside the USSR. The Kremlin determined its value and forbade anyone from taking the currency abroad. It took Kendo almost a decade to finally negotiate a solution. For every battle of Pepsi sold, the Pepsi company would receive an equivalent amount of Stolichnaya vodka to be sold in America. Pepsi became the first capitalist product sold in the USSR, and the deal turned out surprisingly well. By the late nineteen eighties, the Soviets drank a billion servings of pepsi per year, but Americans could only drink so much vodka, so eventually Kendo had to figure out a different medium of exchange. In the spring of nineteen eighty nine, he announced incredible news Pepsi would become the proud owner of seventeen diesel submarines, a cruiser, a frigate, and a destroyer courtesy of the Soviet Union for a brief month.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you heard that correctly.
Speaker 9: Moment, Pepsi had become the seventh largest navy in the world.
Speaker 1: Okay, the fuck, let's pump the bricks on that one, all right, yeah, yeah, yeah, your face, your face right now is exactly what I said. For Why, Because Russian rubles were not accepted currency internationally, right, Russian rubles were only allowed in Soviet countries.
Speaker 3: So they traded assets.
Speaker 1: They traded assets so a deal was made for a pepsi to vodka ratio swap. But unfortunately, the Russians are drinking more pepsi than the Americans could drink vodka, right, or at least that one specific Soviet name brand vodka.
Speaker 2: There was tons of other competition.
Speaker 3: Which is still around, by the way. That vodka is still being sold in you know, our stores.
Speaker 1: Yes it is, and if you if you drink it, you understand why the Soviets were so pissed off in stalwart people that puts hair on your hair.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not good.
Speaker 3: Vodka, yeah, I mean it's it's a cheaper vodka. But but you gotta put some respect on the vodka, on the vodka name. Dude, it's woodcut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't. I'm allergic to it, so I can't even put the respect on it. Dog.
Speaker 3: I don't really care for vodka anyway. I mean, I'm not a big drinker, but if I'm drinking some hard shit tequila, that's what it's gotta be.
Speaker 2: I heard that.
Speaker 1: But look, so they couldn't give the vodka to pepsi ratio anymore because that just wasn't flying. So they decided to look at what Russia had lying around that they would be willing to part with to buy Pepsi cola and sell it in the USSR. So of course their first thought is, yo, how about an entire naval fleet?
Speaker 2: Right? Oh, hold on beventine submarines.
Speaker 3: Hold on a second, Yeah, No, that's that's wild. I never would have expected Pepsi to become the seventh or eighth largest navy in the world. That's a mind boggling stat But like, what's What's even stranger too, is I wonder if this plays into the whole potato farming thing because vocals.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I didn't make that connection, but the years don't line up, but I guess possibly.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, maybe not, but all right, all right.
Speaker 1: So, so basically, the Russian Navy wasn't doing jack or shit because there was a Soviet union and they were fledgling to stay afloat.
Speaker 2: But the people wanted their Pepsi.
Speaker 1: So they decided to cannibalize an entire fleet of naval assets and sell it to Pepsi code so that they could go and have it scrapped and get the scrap metal price to keep the deal going. Okay, so yeah, let's just I'm just throwing it out here. PEPSI at one point had the world's seventh largest navy, and those weren't like just little tug boats, seventeen submarines, ladies and gentlemen, a destroyer. But we're I'm gonna replay that one and let it play through. But just I wanted to just not just go over that speed bomp.
Speaker 2: We had to stop talk about that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Actually, all right, let's hear it again.
Speaker 9: What about news PEPSI would become the proud owner of seventeen diesel submarines, a cruiser, a frigate, and a destroyer courtesy of the Soviet Union. For a brief moment, PEPSI had become the seventh largest navy in the world, until it turned around and sold everything for a scrap. When confronted about the exchange by the US National Security Advisor, Kendall said, I'm dismantling the Soviet Union faster than you are. Just a year later, Kendo arranged an even more ambitious plan. He'd hired the USSR to build ten oil tankers for him in exchange for about a billion dollars worth of PEPSI. The media coded the deal of the century, but then the Soviet Union collapsed. Pepsi's massive trade arrangement turned into a frantic scramble to salvage its Russian assets. In the midst of hyperinflation, redrawn national borders, and a very corrupt process of privatization, PEPSI would stand to lose everything. Suddenly, they had to negotiate with over eight dozen different states, and not all of them were willing to cooperate. The shipyard building Pepsi's tankers, for example, was in Ukraine, while their plastic bottling plant was in Belarus. Over the next year, PEPSI would devote all its energy to reclaim its assets, and in the midst of this chaos, one company would make a very opportunistic move. In the wake of Pepsi's struggle, Coca Cola entered the Russian market aggressively. They bought out factories for cents on the dollar during the privatization, and went so far in their marketing campaign that they sent specialized Coca Cola cans to the Russian Space Station. Unsurprisingly, Coke's massive campaign paid off. By nineteen ninety six, it had overtaken Pepsi as Russia's most popular cola. Nevertheless, today Russia remains Pepsi's largest market outside the US, and despite the setback in the early nineties, the Pepsi company is as profitable as ever in the end.
Speaker 1: Right, So, as I said earlier, they're commies.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean by that circumstance, you would have to say that Coke is as well.
Speaker 1: No, Coke didn't start doing business until the Soviet Union fell.
Speaker 3: Russia is still communist.
Speaker 1: Russia technically speaking, is a demo democracy slash oligarchy. But they're not an actual on paper communists, right.
Speaker 3: Sure, I guess you can weasel around that world.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, did Coca Cola by naval assets to keep the business afloat? No, and pun intended, But just I'm throwing it out like that to me shows clearly that Pepsi is Kami sympathizers.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would say that they would be more American because what did he say? It was Truman that was saying that, like, I'm dismantling your navy faster than like uh kendle.
Speaker 2: It was the CEO of Pepsi.
Speaker 1: He told the President, I'm dismantling the Soviet Union faster than the American government is a funny flex.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a boss move to say that.
Speaker 1: I will say also that Coke sending specialized cans to the International Space Station to the Russians up there is a different type of flex.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe that as much as I believe Elon sending up a Tesla car into space.
Speaker 1: Interesting you should say that because in this video they also show Pepsi being sent to the Russian space cosmonauts.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't buy any of that bullshit. It's just a fucking weird corporate flex to say it, and nobody can ever, nobody can ever check that, nobody can ever make sure it's a true story or not. It's just a fun thing to say. And I guess if you can get the Russian astronauts in to say that yes they did it, then who's gonna who's gonna discount double check that ass? Nobody? I mean maybe may cause anallykos On the fun.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, we're going there. Oh we're going there. Actually know what, let's just go there now? Okay, so m hm.
Speaker 1: So on top of that, Pepsi COO owns a lot of companies. Freedo lay being one of them, which is where the Indian potato farmer situation that was mentioned earlier. We're gonna get more into that here in a moment, but just for two seconds. This is a mental floss article about and you may remember this, this style of chip that came out. This was a Fredo lay, the Rito's ruffles, the wow, right, there was no fats in it.
Speaker 2: Do you remember this?
Speaker 14: Mmm?
Speaker 3: That must have been in the early nineties.
Speaker 2: It was all right, So let's let's go ahead and read about this a little bit.
Speaker 3: When Procter and Gamble began mart market testing a fat free version of their popular Pringle snack in the late nineteen In late nineteen ninety six, Pringle's brand manager Casey Keller called their attempt to revolutionize the food industry with the calorie conscious chips the number one unmet consumer need for the moment. The chip had zero grams of fat and only half the calories of conventional Prinkle was made possible by Procter and Gambles Olestra, a synthetic fat molecule marketed under the brand name Olean. Because it was too it was too large to be absorbed by the intestine, it passed through the digestive track a little too quickly as it turned out.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Olean, do you remember hearing about that from back in the day in the nineties.
Speaker 3: It sounds familiar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, there's a commercial that's we're gonna play right here that oh my god, and you may remember it, Like if you watch certain channels, you may have seen this commercial. But read a little bit right above it. Let's let's see where this is going.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: By the way, I I every time I look at a Lais potato chip, I'm like, yeah, this is the most unnatural like way of eating a potato I've ever seen in my life. Like, that's not food, dude.
Speaker 2: It's so much better when you just make homemade potato chips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh dude, you ever tried the homemade potato chips from BUCkies fun?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm in like in your own like in your own cast iron, like you make them yourself. But you know you're talkingbout like yeah, the kettle chips and shit too, Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, Bucky chips.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's different. It's a different food. Oh no, it's just cook different.
Speaker 1: Now, Look a kettle chip versus a late or pringles how about that. Let's compare that apple to fucking apple, a kettle chip versus a pringle chip.
Speaker 2: That's two different types of whole food.
Speaker 3: Dog right, right, But I mean, I will say, at least doritos looks like a tortilla, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That's fair, But like nobody's eating a dorito thinking mmm, the all natural corn like no, you know, damn good and well, you're putting chemicals and cardboard into your body and you're doing that free.
Speaker 2: You know you're willingly doing this?
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, this was This was marketed as a all natural, more healthy way of doing things in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Check that out.
Speaker 3: Until you get here where it says. Alestra, which was found in pringles and later in Fredo lay prop, like ruffles and dorito's, was burdened by a nagging problem. The miraculous fat molecule gave a percentage of consumer's stomach cramps, loose bowel movements, and diarrhea. It also led to the coining of phrases not normally associated with snack foods, like oh God, fecal urgency and anal leakage.
Speaker 1: Fecal urgency and keep in mind everything that was just named is owned by Pepsi Co and was during this time as well. So let's go ahead and play a little a little YouTube video, because Jonathan, I'll be honest, I didn't know what Olestra was or Olean. I think once you see the name brand, you might be like, Okay, that rings a bell to me. But what it was made from is something that you and I have talked about so many times, as far as something that should never be ingested into the human body in the way that it is.
Speaker 2: Let's just go ahead and check it out.
Speaker 6: I remember the day came to our phone just before harvest time. He introduced himself. We talked so and he told me about something never been done before. How soybeans like mine we're now being used for a new kind of cooking oil. It seems the folks who make Crisco had come up with oleen, an oil that finds up snacks without adding any fat or calories make them taste specially good. So I told him that sounds all right, And now I see what I'm part of, and it makes me feel good.
Speaker 12: Coming soon from the makers of Crisco, new fat free Olean.
Speaker 1: New fat free Olean from the makers of Crisco soybean oil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not good. And by the way, the whole the whole marketing campaign against like fat or there was four fat free things.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 3: It was one of the biggest scams in history. Whenever people said, oh, you want to have fat free, No, fat is good for you. It's need right, it's the it's the carbs really that is the worst part for you. It's the sugar, which the carbs turns into sugar. Well yeah, I mean, or sugar turns into carbs. But it's like even empty carbs like breads and stuff. Yeah, that'll make you fat.
Speaker 1: But like, dude, the amount of sugars that are forced into foods that we eat that shouldn't even be there. And then you look at how your body does that and digest that. Why do we have such a high spike and diabetics why it's oh my god, it's.
Speaker 2: A horrible situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, sugar is an addictive chemical and if they can keep you coming back, it's it's like nicotine, you know, it's like cocaine. It's like all this shit.
Speaker 1: Pepsi has more sugar than coke. Should I mention that as well?
Speaker 3: That's actually surprising cuz I know coke some syrup shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Pepsi has thirteen teaspoons per can, Coke has twelve.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just saying it's got more of the addictive substance.
Speaker 1: Let's but anyway, So keep in mind, I Lestra, this is the whole big thing that was going down.
Speaker 2: This anal leakage, all.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the PepsiCo through Free Doo lay and all their subsidiaries.
Speaker 2: Let's keep going.
Speaker 3: Alustrous origins date back to nineteen sixty eight, when Procter and Gamble researchers were investigating fats that premature infants might be able to tolerate more easily over time. They found that attaching an increased number of fatty acids to the sorbitol molecule rendered the fats unable to pass through the mucous membrane of the intestine and were therefore totally indigestible. Because sorbitol was expensive, researchers substituted sucrose and combined it with triglycerides with this quote unquote fake fat derived from cottonseed and soybean oils. They seem to have discovered the holy grail of satiety. Okay, okay, a greasy additive that provided flavor with zero calories, zero fat, and zero cholesterol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doesn't just sounds so good.
Speaker 1: All that that, all the things, except for we found out that soy is really really bad or at least process soy is extremely bad for your body. And you know, it only took a few times of people claiming anal leakage before something went south with it. But you know, let's just read about what they say.
Speaker 3: Bro In my opinion, alchemy never went anywhere and the chip company found it. That's this is what it sounds like. I mean, you're messing with chemicals that are totally unnatural. You're pulling molecules from from soybeans, which soybean in and of itself. I mean, the reason why they use it is because it's so abundant, but also at the same time, it's because it's we're not supposed to be eating it, like soy. You shouldn't even eat soy because it has what is it, uh, the feminine gen it's dude and a.
Speaker 1: Mamae is okay, right, Like that's just soybean. Eating it in that form is one thing. Every so often process it down and when you process down to those oils and it's soy product.
Speaker 2: That's that's when it does that.
Speaker 1: In that process, it changed the molecular structure.
Speaker 3: I will say, I mess with some metamama, dude. That's some fucking bomb shit right there.
Speaker 2: But also, you don't sit there. You need a half pound of it either.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll throw a microwaveable bag and you know, every so often me and my daughter will throw some salt on there. It's a good semi healthy snack.
Speaker 2: Right absolutely.
Speaker 1: But all right, so let's keep reading here because this is kind of where it takes its urn for the worst.
Speaker 3: For a public weaned on the idea that dietary fats were bad. Olestra caused a huge stir Free too lay, which marketed the chips under the Nay under the brand name called Wow, pushed the idea that the chips had just seventy five calories per serving, half the calories of the regular recipe and no fat instead of the ten grams typical of chips, that the snacks could conceivably create bathroom emergencies. Was relegated to late night talk showed jokes Procter and Gamble largely dismissed the claims, comparing the potential gastro intestinal distress of olestra to eating beans or broccoli, but broccoli had never been demonstrated to cause an orange yellow liquid to seep out of one's rear end the chasis. The FDA and Procter and Gamble were inundated with sixteen thy seven hundred complaints from customer consumers that products made with Olestra were giving them problems from flatulence to sustained underwear. A meeting, this is.
Speaker 2: Why the thousand cases dog.
Speaker 3: Russell brand, this is why nobody wears whitey tidies anymore. Is for fucking chips like this, but it says. A meeting of Washington's Center of Science and the Public Interest HAS, which had criticized Procter and Gamble for hyping elestra, featured video testimony of people afflicted by the molecule. One claimed the cramps of snacking were comparable to the early stages of labor. We've all been there.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't know what labor's like, but I mean, if she's been there, done that, and said that some soybean oil gave her those types of.
Speaker 2: Belly cramps, yo.
Speaker 3: Bro my. So whenever I was younger, my me and my brother and my sister, honestly all of us, we would all try and say, oh, my stomach hurts, I don't want to go to school, right, and my mom just kept on saying, no, you're going, No, you're going. She knew that it was just what every kid does, and they lie and say that they're not feeling good before they go to school. So one day, my mom decided to fuck with me and my brother because we were both saying that both of our stomachs hearted and we didn't want to go. We didn't want to go to school that day, and so she was like, Okay, y'all can stay home, and she played a fucking prank on us. And what happened was is that she gave us what we thought. We didn't know medicines back then. You know, you don't know what you're eating, you don't know like you don't know what a set of menifit is, or any of that shit.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, what she did was is we we thought that we were getting like a tombs or something along those lines. But she gave she gave each of us like, uh, what is.
Speaker 2: The pill that gives you something.
Speaker 3: It was basically a It gave us the squirts the entire day long and so and we only had one working bathroom, so we were constantly banging on the door all day long. I was like telling my brother get the fuck out. I mean, I wasn't saying fuck, but get out of there.
Speaker 2: I gotta go.
Speaker 3: And I'm pinching it. And dude, it was all day so where you know where we should have just gone to school and we wouldn't have had these problems, and honestly, it would have been a much easier day. My mom taught us a valuable lesson that day.
Speaker 2: Don't lie. Gave you laxatives, dude, Holy shit.
Speaker 3: Yep, gave us both. Dude, I'm talking about high dosages of laxatives. And and I think that it's talk like it's comparable to this where it says the early stages of labor. Dude, that was horrible.
Speaker 2: That's that's like child abuse. But I mean it fucking served its purpose.
Speaker 3: I mean, the nineties were.
Speaker 2: Never lied about one to stay home for school.
Speaker 3: Again, the nineties were a different time.
Speaker 2: You know, it fucking wor.
Speaker 1: But anyway, and in the nineties, you got these people calling in for anal leakage.
Speaker 2: I mean, apparently this was a rampant thing in the nineties. Yep, yep, kid got the super squirts.
Speaker 3: I mean, imagine imagine first of all, like having the guts to go and say that you have anal leakage in the first place, And imagine like attaching your anal leakage to automatically knowing that it's these kind of products, you know, and if you know how.
Speaker 2: Bad it had to be for them to fucking call in.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, dude, Yeah, that's that's a real epidemic right there, dude. Anal leakage a yellowish orange liquid.
Speaker 2: Bro, Like, sixteen thousand people are the ones that had so much that they said, fuck it, we have to call in.
Speaker 1: There was probably hundreds of thousands that didn't call in and just like never mentioned it to anybody. These are the brave souls that said, yo.
Speaker 3: Enough bro. I mean, I guess I could understand the yellow, but orange orange in two I guess, so that is orange shit.
Speaker 2: Let's keep reading it. It's great.
Speaker 3: That's like carrots. You know, whenever you feed your baby carrots, that's what you'd see, you know, but like orange. That's the only way you would ever see orange in your shit, I think.
Speaker 2: Unless there's some chemicals that ain't supposed to be there.
Speaker 3: Big facts, all right, so, it says. Other experiences with Olestro were said to include the passing of orange yellow globules of oil, as well as difficulty wiping.
Speaker 1: Okay, oil was congealing in in their stomach, like oil and water don't mix. They were basically shitting oil balls out like it didn't digest.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, and having a hard time wiping. What does that mean? Having a hard time wiping?
Speaker 2: Is it like series you're trying to clean an oil spill?
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 3: I used to work offshore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, try doing that and you wrectum dog.
Speaker 1: It's like you just keep wiping, but it just it's it's still there and it keeps spreading.
Speaker 3: What the fuck fucking globules of oil? Okay, it says. The Center even shared a study commissioned by Freedo Lay which was meant to be confidential, that demonstrated anal oil leakage was experienced by three to nine percent of the study subjects. Underwear spotting was was present in five percent. A variety of gastro intestinal intestinal issues were observed in seven percent. The potential for leakage. Aside, Alestra overcame much of its bad bad publicity. Freedo Lay sold three hundred and forty seven million dollars in Wow chips in nineteen ninety eight alone. The fat free pringles were good for one hundred million that same year. It appeared that consumers were sufficiently enticed by a lower calorie option that they wanted to see how Olestra would affect them firsthand.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is a beautiful example. Once again PepsiCo saw what it was doing to people nine percent. Okay, so like you basically had a basically a one in ten shot of this drastically going horribly wrong for you, and they said, fuck it, run that bitch anyway.
Speaker 1: It's on them if they want to buy it or not. That's one hundred percent what just happened.
Speaker 3: Which, if you really think about it, all right, those people that were having anal leakage and difficulty wiping and everything, those people were probably the lucky ones because at least their body was secreting it and getting rid of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Jonathan, it wasn't sticking to the sides it wasn't causing blockages, It wasn't clogging, yes, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Well it says, oh, did you want to play that video? You want me to just keep reading?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: I actually didn't play this video when I scrolled down the article earlier. I want to check it out because I remember that bag the tostitos. Wow yo, we had those in my house at one point. That confirms it. Now, I don't remember any kind of orange globule anal leakage, but I mean it's also been many a moon since then, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's check it out.
Speaker 3: This is a Lay's Wow ad from nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 15: Americans take a difference between Lays wowd potato chips and their famite chips.
Speaker 8: Let's find out.
Speaker 13: You know, the factory only had the calary.
Speaker 2: Oh here's record.
Speaker 14: These taste as good as my regular chips.
Speaker 11: Taste.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 13: Sort of puts the whole breathing into perspective. Huh, fish and chips, Hey, ladies, la dream Yeah, just wow chips and all these great varieties.
Speaker 2: Just try to taste the difference.
Speaker 3: Just try to taste the difference.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: You remember that actor? I remember she was in a lot of movies in the nineties. I don't know about her name.
Speaker 1: And a lot she was in a bunch of Disney movies and she was on TV shows a lot.
Speaker 2: She just kind of fell off there though, didn't she.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But anyway, Yeah, it's like, and you know what's funny too looking at these wows, like, Okay, they got rid of the wow, but they still have debaked. It makes me want to look into the bake chips a little bit more now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent, dude.
Speaker 3: So it goes on to say Procter and Gamble had high hopes for Olestra, projecting one billion dollars in sales in two thousand and eventually an entire line of Olestra and fuse goods like salad dressings and desserts. But two years after its explosively profitable debut, sales were just half that, and only a few other companies like Utts and Hers, used Olestra in their products. Even after the FDA removed the label warning uh warning requirement in two thousand and three, consumers weren't finding runny stool all that appetizing.
Speaker 2: So let's just keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: The people now knew that this was a thing, so much so that like they just stopped buying it. The FDA continue didn't removed the warning label off of them. They finally got paid enough, they got lobbied enough to remove the warning label, and people still didn't buy them because it was just known that this was a shit product pun intended.
Speaker 3: Literally. Fredo Lay renamed their Wow chips to Ruffel's Light and Derrito's Light in two thousand and four. In two thousand and nine, Procter and Gamble made a Lestra, an additive and eco friendly paints and lubricants. What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the same shit that they were trying to put in their foods Now, it's used in paints and lubes.
Speaker 3: So you see the power of like renaming and remarketing, because you would you went from Wow, which at any time anybody would see that, you know, the wow word with the exclamation point. It was like an instant reminder of wow, I got a run to the shitter. And then they they named it to Light, which that obviously didn't stick around very long either.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent, dude.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk a little little bit about that whole Indian potato situation here, because this is this is how interesting this is. I want you to see the I want you to read the title of this article, and then i want you to look at that date, and then I'm gonna click one over and i want you to see the return time on how fast this played out. Let's just talk. This one is a business insider article. Let's just read those things real quick.
Speaker 3: This is a business insider out of India. But it says the one hundred and seventy seven billion dollars, our billion dollar owner of Lay's Chips is suing small time Indian farmers for growing a type of potato it claims exclusive rights over.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that date that is April twenty sixth of twenty nineteen. Correct, yes, all right, go ahead and read this is a CNN business Go read the title, and let's look at the.
Speaker 3: Date Pepsi Coo drops lawsuit against Indian farmers over potatoes used in Lays chips.
Speaker 2: That is May second, twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: That's just a couple weeks later though.
Speaker 2: April twenty sixth, or a week May nine.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the super fucking oopsie daisy that Pepsi just almost did and then had to backtrack so hard that they're now funding schools over there.
Speaker 2: All right, let's sit into it.
Speaker 3: All right, this should be pretty interesting, it says Pepsi Coo, the one hundred and seventy seven billion dollar owner of potato chips brand Lays, has sued a group of farmers in India for growing a variety of potato that they say they own the exclusive rights to the company is seeking reparations of one hundred and forty three thousand dollars each from four farmers accused of growing the fl dash two two seven potato That bothers me.
Speaker 1: That I was about to say. You understand, we just had this conversation the other day. Can company's own entire plant species? Yes they can. In fre Doo lay aka Pepsi co has already proven that they can't.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is is that they can't own the naturally growing thing. But if they manipulate the molecules molecules and make their own type of plant, then you can patent it. That's the difference, which clearly they did. I mean the fl dash two two seven potato.
Speaker 2: Like that's weird.
Speaker 3: But it says the which Pepsi coost says it had exclusive rights to in India since twenty sixteen, according to legal documents submitted to a district court. And that's a somewhere in India on April eleventh, and.
Speaker 2: Good jar At.
Speaker 3: Ahmed bad Yeah, Okay, good job, It says. PepsiCo is India's largest processed grade potato buyer and amongst the first companies to work with thousands of local farmers to grow a specific protected variety of potatoes for it. In this instance, we took judicial recourse against people who were illegally dealing in our registered variety. Pepsi coost says it's given permission to several hundred Indian farmers to grow the special potato before, but not to the farmers in the lawsuit. Two of the farmers are named full Shonde kotschwah wah some shit and Suresh koch shaw waw waw whatever, both near the city of Lisa in the northwestern region of Guja Rad Yeah all right, it says. The PepsiCo owns Lay's Chips as well as Gatorade and Quaker Oats. PepsiCo says the growing of FL two OHO two seven potato without permission is a rights infringement under section sixty four of the Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers Rights Acts two thousand and one. Lawyers, activists and farmers unions have rallied to the farmer's defense. More than one hundred and ninety activists penned a joint letter to the Indian Department of Agriculture opposing the false and untenable lawsuit from the food and drink behemoth. Indian Today wrote PepsiCo also owns brands such as ok I already read that, getaad Quaker Roads and whatever. Activist activists are also raising legal aid to help the farmers fight the case. One of the signatories, Capill Shah of advocacy group Jatan, told CNN Pepsi COO's actions were against food sovereignty and the sovereignty of the nation. We will fight it out no matter how big the company is. Shaw said Pepsi has made a huge mistake. The case will be heard in ahmed Medabad District Court on Friday. Pepsiico did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Business Insider.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Pepsi is saying, hey, y'all are dealing in our merchandise.
Speaker 2: We own the.
Speaker 1: Entire rights to that breed of potato, and the fact that you even have it growing on your land without our permission means that we're going to come over here and we're going to give you the SmackDown.
Speaker 2: To the tune of how much was that again? One hundred and seventy three thousand?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry, one hundred and forty three thousand apiece from fucking Indian potato farmers.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of a dick move, especially. I mean, dude, India is a third world country, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Certain parts of it are really nice, certain parts of it are really bad. It's kind of a weird mixing pot of everything.
Speaker 3: Right, right, But one hundred and forty three thousand dollars and I'm pretty sure, Oh, I mean, what is what is their coin worth? Is it? It's got to be less than the American dollar?
Speaker 2: Right, I'll put it like.
Speaker 1: This, who wants to be a millionaire? At one point in time was like nine million rupees?
Speaker 2: So like it's like.
Speaker 1: A nine to one ratio, kind of like the paso. I would assume a little bit better than the paso, but like it's under ours a bit. So yeah, going off of that, we're talking about what just under a million.
Speaker 2: Apiece in rupees.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would definitely put them out of business.
Speaker 2: No shit, right, sell the whole farm and all of that.
Speaker 1: One week later, And by the way, I do want to mention before we reach this, it took like three whole pages of me scrolling down to find one article about the actual actions of Pepsi in the knee jerk in the moment. Of every article I could find was about them recanting and how they're sorry and how Pepsi is a good cultural company and they care about the culture and the heritage of their people and all this shit. It's a three pages for me to find a business insider to show me what their official stance was in the moment. And so now this is one of two CNN articles. This one was released April twenty sixth. This one was released May till a second, Like they jumped on it so fast and doubled down to let all the news know that Pepsi has settled and it's a dead issue.
Speaker 2: Bro let's go ahead and read about.
Speaker 3: This literally a week later. Well, this is the week before they figured it out out. But it says Pepsigo has offered to stop pursuing four small farmers in India it accused of illegally growing a variety of potatoes registered for exclusive use in its lays chips. The company's Indian subsidiary filed lawsuits against the farmers earlier this month. They were heard by a court in the Indian state of Guja rot on Friday, when a lawyer for Pepsi Co offered to drop the case provided the farmers join thousands of others in the company's authorized cultivation program. That was a discussion that happened in our court today, a Pepsi spokesperson told CNN. We told them, why don't you join our program and we will provide seeds. Either join us or grow other potatoes. That way, we are willing to let go of the case. A lawyer for the farmers has asked for time to consider the offer. The next court hearing is due June twelfth.
Speaker 1: So basically, if you can't beat them, join them type of situation. And remember that they talked about earlier the seed trading that happens, and that's a very normal thing, by the way, especially for farming communities. You do that so that you don't over you remember were talking about dominant traits. Yeah, right, and how plant husbandry is a real thing. It is very common for you to trade certain seeds with your neighbors to cross pollenate to grow better types of plants for everybody involved. Like, as we said before, rising tide ress all ships, especially.
Speaker 2: In a rural farming community.
Speaker 1: So the fact that some seeds were mixed in the bunch and they were growing some of these potatoes that they weren't supposed to or whatever whatever for farmers, and they were trying to chop them off this much. Then all of a sudden, like, hey, why don't we just license your farm and this could be the way we do this.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: Why wasn't that your position the first go round? Why did it take court cases? And you realizing that the local farmers would rather just sell out all these other farmers, dude that were already growing pepsi shit, They basically told pepsi to kick rocks. All of these local farmers said, Yo, if you're gonna fuck them over for doing something that we do, we'll just stop rowing your potatoes.
Speaker 2: We'll just we'll do that.
Speaker 1: That's a massive spot where a lot of their potatoes are grown. For the Freedo La company. If they would have lost that, that would have set them back, not just a little bit, so they thought, hey, hey, it's easier to play ball, right, I mean, we just got rid of the whole anal leakage situation just a couple of years ago. We really don't need a whole cultural diversity issue, especially with India right now, bricks anybody, And we already know how Pepsi feels about another nation, Russia a part of bricks, So it makes sense that Pepsi, being the Commi country that it is, is all about just hey, let's handle this quietly so business can continue as usual.
Speaker 2: So yeah, of course they just did what they had to do on this one, you know.
Speaker 3: And this is the reason why I had I take so many supplements, dude. Like it's constantly, like I take spiralina every day, which is like one of the best ways to be able to It's basically derived from like algae, and it's really good for your gut health and it, you know, gives you good bacteria, kills a lot of the bad bacteria and stuff. And I actually just bought this this other stuff that I hear so many people talking about I just and we're not marketing by any means for this. It's just like certain supplements I like telling others if I find a good one or whatever. But have you ever heard of she legit, she legit, she legit. It's a s H I L A J I T.
Speaker 2: I have none.
Speaker 3: It's basically a resin that's found in the Hemalayan mountains. And dude, it has so many but it's it's a resin, so you take it. They give you like this basically like this popsicle stick, and you scoop it and then you like mix it into your coffee or your tea or whatever. Dude, it has so many good benefits. But the thing is, I mean it helps, like you know, slow or prevent Alzheimer's. It raises testosterone. It treats chronic fatigue, so kind of get rid of that laziness and shit like that, slows your aging and deduces altitude sickness, treats iron deficiency.
Speaker 1: Research into this Himalayan resin, dude, it's like me, do you mean like shelac?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know, but it's like, uh, it's I don't even know what I would compare it to. I guess like it's a yeah, it's just a resin. It's like a sticky resin and you just take like a little scoopful. Anyway, the reason I even bring that up is because we're so consumed with eating all this bullshit that is so terrible for you. And if you have a hard time getting away from these shitty products like me, then you might want to, you know, look into certain supplements like she Legit and Sparrellina and shit like that, because this stuff going into your gut is terrible for you. It's literally designed to sedate you. As Rob Deerdeck talked to, Rob Deerdeck said that actually he goes, I love taco Bell, but it's designed to sedate you. And it's like, you know, all these fucking things. It's like, you know, I get it. You want to you want to sit at home watching the game or whatever, pull out a back of Lays and drink of pepsi or whatever. It's like everybody wants the blue pill from time to time. Just know that what you're doing is poisoning yourself, and if you want to be able to step away from that, then you got to be looking into certain alternatives that will combat to all of that negativity that's going into your body. So that's why I bring those up.
Speaker 1: Greed agreed, and again that is why Pepsi, being the communist country, communist company, excuse me that it is, it's trying to push that lethargic slowing down of everything in your body. That's why they're pumping horrible ingredients. They could choose good ingredients. They have the money, they have the infrastructure. They at one time had the seventh largest navy on Earth, like, they have the means to make these things happen. They choose to buy a whole chain of fast food restaurants as a way to force people to buy their products, because there's no way that pepsi could actually outdo coke toe to toe.
Speaker 2: So they have to buy KFC, Taco Bell, what was another one?
Speaker 3: Long John's too right, Long john so uh and W because you always see like the Long Johns and A and W kind of split thing. I think that's a pepsi thing, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: Indeed, And so you had to buy all of these fast food chains to force them to put pepsi in their soft drink machines because you literally can't beat Coke at their one game. Pepsi kind of went into the diverse route. They went into the food and beverage industry. Coca Cola has pretty much stayed just in the beverage industry, because if you're really fucking good at something, why not do that really fucking well, Pepsi tried to do, and I mean that's not a bad strategy. Any economists will tell you diversifying is the only way to move forward. I understand this, but it also means that they suffered in other regards. Now, this whole misstep with India, those articles and the whole thing, the suing these farmers, that was twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: They fucked up so bad that now.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty two, Reid, excuse me, Reuters wrote this article Pepsi Co's biggest challenge when over millions of farmers to regenerative agriculture.
Speaker 2: This is happening in India. Let's go ahead and read about this.
Speaker 3: PepsiCo is known for many things, so to pop Super Bowl ads, It's decades long rivalry with Coca Cola to name but a few. Now, the two hundred and thirty five billion dollar valued company has a challenge of a different order of magnitude on its hands. In an eye raising move, the US Food and beverage giant last year pledged to quote unquote spread regenerative farming across seven million acres by the end of the decade, equal to its entire agricultural footprint, and to sustainably source one hundred percent of its key ingredients and crops by the same date. All right, the PepsiCo positive, for the PepsiCo positive or pep plus strategies, everything's plus. Now, why is that?
Speaker 2: You see that? Don't you?
Speaker 1: There's this weird trend that's going over everything's plus. Everything's got these weird algorithms, these little matrix things, these little acronyms, and it's like, yo, y'all are all starting to sound and look like a certain group of extremists that I don't really fuck with. But yeah, let's talk about pet plus.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the whole idea of the symbolism. And so in your subconscious, if you were to see a plus, you see it as a positive. So whenever you're looking at this like Disney plus Amazon, well I don't think Amazon has Amazon plus, but all these different pluses, and so you're seeing it as like, oh well, not only is it good for me, but I get extra or something like that. That's your subconscious what'll be telling you.
Speaker 1: But anyway, ever since the alphabet people put the plus on their acronym, I only see it as an extremist symbol these days.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 3: I mean, which is funny because it looks a little bit like you're cross there, buddy.
Speaker 1: It doesn't to me though, if if somebody ever died on a cross shaped like that, I feel like, like maybe a little person like I mean, I like a dwarf.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it depends on the size. You could have equal will on all sides and it be one hundred feet.
Speaker 1: I mean, so if there's an example of that type of cross being used, and I must have missed it, but I guess that is technically correct. But when I see the plus, I don't see anything of cross or anything like that.
Speaker 2: If anything, I see Switzerland.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, a little Swiss. But anyway, it says The PEPSI co positive strategy is central to Pepsi's climate strategy. One of the first companies to a science based target, in twenty sixteen, Pepsi joined the United Nations business ambition for one point five c campaign in twenty twenty one, adopting a twenty thirty deadline to reduce its absolute Scope one and two greenhouse gas emissions by seventy five percent and Scope three GHG emissions emissions by forty percent. Task with delivering on this commitment in eight short years is Jim Andrew, former head of strategy at the company and since twenty twenty it's Chief sustainability Officer. This is not a CSR Corporate Social Responsibility program. It's a fundamental center of the plate business transformation of what we're doing. PepsiCo Sodas may hold household names, but it derives over half fifty five percent of its revenues from its extensive portfolio of food brands think about Free Doo, lay Walker's, Dorito's, Cheetos, Quaker Oats, among others, sourcing twenty five ingredients from thirty countries. A regenerative approach to farming promises to bake greater resilience into PepsiCo's food business, but only if delivered at massive scale. Whether that is possible is far from certain. In the first twelve months of the new strategy, it inched a mere three hundred and forty five acres towards its goal. So is Andrew worried that the company remains ninety five percent shy of its targets. It would seem not progress was always going to be slow. Initially, he says, the agricultural community is really just starting to scratch the surface of this. But it is an area that is going to do very clear. We ramp up over time to accelerate.
Speaker 1: On the agricultural industry is just barely scratching the surface of.
Speaker 2: This, okay.
Speaker 1: The number one polluter on Earth is heavy industry, okay, And I think that's pretty understandably out there. I mean, you could argue that maybe warfare is in there as well. However, at that point we argue into the military industrial complex. So it's still heavy industry and a different scope, but in that same regard, all right, Next is heavy agriculture, and that's true. That is the number two biggest polluter on Earth, and I understand that. But a lot of that is because of the runoff for pesticides that are forced to be sprayed on these plants, or animal waste that is not properly treated and just shoved into rivers and streams that pollute the water downstream for other people to.
Speaker 2: Use, and there are ways that that can be improved.
Speaker 1: However, this dude's saying that, Yeah, it's slowed, you know, slow going at first, but you know it's gonna get there eventually.
Speaker 2: We're just starting to scratch the surface.
Speaker 12: Bro.
Speaker 1: We have been trying to scratch that surface for decades now. PEPSI isn't coming in here with any new dog and pony show in the twenty twenties.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, yeah, it's you know what's interesting is I just saw something that uh Klaus Schwab over the World Economic Forum, I guess they had a meeting here recently, and they were talking about how they wanted to reduce the carbon footprint of the world down to zero percent by twenty fifty.
Speaker 1: Y'all, we need carbon, We need carbon. We need carbon dioxide as much as our bodies need fats. Remember of oh, fat makes you fat. You need this something with zero fat and it No, that's bad for you. You don't need an excess of fat, that's true, but you need some to survive. We require carbon dioxide because that's the only way that our plants can breathe and give us oxygen just so we're clear.
Speaker 3: And by the way, an interesting little tidbit that I will that I always like to bring up, is that all right, So, the Earth, whether you believe we live inside of a dome or there's a firmament, or it's just the atmosphere, maybe you want to call it the Van Allen radiation belt, whatever it is, is a contained, controlled kind of thing, right, And so the idea is is that the amount of carbon that is currently here within our within our bubble of whatever we're living on, it will always be the same amount of carbon as it was a thousand years ago as it will be a thousand years from now. It's never going anywhere. You're never going to be able to dilute that, right, Yeah, I mean, dude, every single thing is a carbon well, every single living thing is a carbon based, fucking living thing. And so if you want to reduce that down to zero, I would say that they're trying to get rid of us.
Speaker 1: You know what has a carbon footprint of zero right now? The Moon, wouldn't you know it? Mars equally has a zero percent carbon footprint.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 1: It's wild because it's also allegedly devoid of life. We are carbon based life forms. Trees are carbon based life forms.
Speaker 2: It's all connected.
Speaker 1: The gasoline in your car burns hydrocarbons. That's a part of it as well. The food you eat was a carbon based life form. That deer that you kill and you slice up and all that that's a carbon based life form. All of that connects the same way that the water cycle. There's only so much water on Earth, right it goes through the process of being purified and rained, and we drink it and we pee it out and it goes and everything. The water cycle is what it is. The carbon cycle is very very similar.
Speaker 3: Right right, And so it's whenever. This is why you know, conspiracy theorist or truthers were so anti the whole climate change bullshit, because all right, yes, everything that is here will always be here. It's never going anywhere whenever we're talking about certain elements and whatnot. But like the idea is is that I mean basically, and they've they've been you know, uh, documenting this for literally thousands of years, that the Earth goes through cycles, and you know, maybe it's dependent on the stars or the moon or whatever the fuck is going on. Maybe it's just the Earth itself as a living being and it goes through cycles, just like we go through cycles, I mean of our life, right and so you know, but the thing is is that they're trying to market that as we're the ones that are affecting climate change whenever it's literally less than one percent. I mean, and let's not forget, are we are we fucking aliens? Bro? Or is this home planet? So like the Earth was built to sustain human life because we are from here. We're not separate from the deer or the dogs, or the elephants or the fucking birds or any of that shit. We are a natural thing to this planet. If that's that's what I believe. I believe that humans come from Earth, and so why would we It's like it's like ants wondering if they're if their little ant mounds are good or bad for the Earth. It's like, what do you mean? It's it is the.
Speaker 2: Earth right now?
Speaker 1: One hundred percent agree with that, And I believe that humans do fit into the circle of life here very well. I believe we are separate from the animals in certain regards and in others we are literally just among them.
Speaker 2: In the animal kingdom. So one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: When and I'm not going, you know, spiritual with that. I think I'm just talking about the meat suit that is. The human body is We're not talking.
Speaker 1: Here the soul, the soul being from Earth. Now that's a converse.
Speaker 3: It's a different thing, right. We are essentially leeches to this human body in the first place. Anyway. I mean, I don't mean to put that in the bad form, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We're symbiotic, right, Yeah, I say parasite also has a bad connotation, but I know what you mean. Yeah, one hundred percent, body, mind, soul, the three are interconnected and the same being, but at the same time completely separate. You know what were talking about. You listen to this show. We've been down that road a time or two, you know what I mean saying our first rodeo. But anyway, all right, let's keep reading this Reuter's article.
Speaker 3: To accelerate this ramping up process, the company has established a network of seventy two demonstration farms around the world.
Speaker 2: Ooh.
Speaker 3: The basic concept is simple. Local farmers visit to see firsthand how regenerative farming works, get inspired, and duly go home. And do the same. Of course, in practice, switching away from intensive, fossil fuel dependent farming is more complex. That is one of the reasons why Pepsiico also provides direct farmer training through a network of alliances with expert partners. Andrews cites one such program for female farmers in India, delivered in partnership with the US Development Agency. You said, well, that's funny the name of an agency, as you said, But anyway, the course offers agroeconomic skills that are really micro, really practical, but promise a big impact. The approach is working, he and sist. The farmers participating in PepsiCo's various projects in India saw an average yield improvement of almost seven percent, for instance, coupled with an increase in farmer income of fifty five dollars per acre. This uptick and income is crucial. Farmers, as andrew readily concedes, are risk averse. A profession schooled over generations. Change comes hard. Change with no obvious economic logic is harder. Still, farmers are business people, right, This is how they earn a living, and if it doesn't work for them, there's not going to be an adoption. So they're not going to change. PepsiCo is also working to sweeten the pill, therefore helping farmers with loans and grants to cover some of the upfront cost involved in transitioning to a regenerat regenerative approach. Does such help go far enough? After all, PEPSI cannot inoculate its supply chain against climate and biodiversity shocks. As long as the global farming industry is pumping out emissions. In doubt, seeing it's crops and chemicals, it will remain exposed.
Speaker 1: Okay, so real quick here, let's let's do some quick numbers. You got a calculator handy, I do? Okay, fifty five divided by seven percent. I'm just curious off top here how bad they were trying to fuck over those farmers, trying to charge them one hundred and forty three thousand dollars apiece. So if a seven percent increase is considered, fifty five dollars per acre increased, right, right?
Speaker 2: So how much is that?
Speaker 3: Seven percent of fifty five? Would be three point eight five?
Speaker 1: So three point eight five, so we're talking now that times one hundred percent. They were talking about them making about three eighty five per acre.
Speaker 2: Per year.
Speaker 1: Right, that's that's as of with the fifty five dollar increase, the seven percent increase per acre.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it'd be fifty eight eighty five okay, as opposed to fifty five.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So when they were trying to charge those farmers one hundred and forty three thousand dollars apiece for this quote unquote copyright infringement i e. Growing the wrong fucking potatoes on their neighboring farm to the PEPSI co licensed farmer, let's just really take a second to understand how bad they were trying to fuck over these poor Indian potato farmers. Right now, they're coming in twenty twenty two trying to teach reginative farming, which is wonderful, by the way, one hundred percent. I'm here for reginative and self sustaining farms one hundred percent. There is no fucking way to scale that up to a massive industrial agricultural way. There's no way to do that now unless you're trying to have one thousand farms all be self sustaining and all of them happen to produce an abundance of this one crop that you need, and you're paying them like at that point, it's not sustainable in the realm of cost effective, So like, what are you doing? So A, this is all for show, just to make the green people out there feel warm and fuzzy about PEPSI COO or B. They're out of their fucking minds thinking that this is gonna be a thing they can use rolling forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, dude, I hate all this corporate shit. Whenever I hear this kind of stuff, I'm just like, dude, it's it's becoming more and more and more obvious that the corporations are really running the world and the presidential seat and the the House and the Senate and all that other shit. It's just a it's just a front. Like these people and these you know, the idea of government, they're all really like working in cahoots with corporations because it is the United States corporation. And that's what you're going to get with a with you know, how we run our country over here. That the idea is is that you're trying to make as much money as humanly possible. The I don't it has its pros and cons, but whenever you're making as much money as you possibly can, no matter what, it's always going to come to like, fuck us in some kind of way. We're the ones that are making them money. We're the ones that are buying the products. We're the ones that are building up their large data machines and shit like that. And so we truly are the guinea pigs. And you can see it all through this this corporation. It's corporatocracy really.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And that's what Pepsi co Is, dude, it is a one hundred percent food conglomerates that is trying to shove trash into not just the American public, but the world. Okay, like we talked about in India, it's not like this is just the way they grow the things. They have Indian companies that do Pepsi Coo out there.
Speaker 2: They're an international thing.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind that whole seventh largest navy in the world at one point because of their Russia connection.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine if they would have taken those.
Speaker 1: Ships, armed them and like just hired some mercenaries and like went and took over some small country, some island nation, and that would have been the nation of Pepsi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean doubt the American government is not necessarily for its people. It's just trying to make money off of its backs. And you can really see that, you know, whenever you have programs such as fucking FEMA, whenever you get into you know, you remember whenever all that shit was going on in Hawaii with all the blue roofs and the government or FEMA provided them, what was it, seven hundred and fifty dollars per person, Right, they're doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: To the even six billion dollars to.
Speaker 3: Who to Ukraine and all that shit. But like they're doing the same thing, FEMA is giving seven hundred and fifty dollars per person as a result of the whole North Carolina thing as well.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll bet they are.
Speaker 3: And the reason behind it, the reason behind it, dude, it's gonna fucking chap you. So the reason behind it is is because every year FEMA has an allotted amount of money that they are supposed to give out to America, right as far as quote unquote help goes, Well, yeah, the majority of that money has gone to illegal immigrants being provided. It's like thirteen thousand dollars to get started as soon as they as soon as you enter FEMA's like, Yo, here's thirteen grand, figure it out, you know, and that it okay, which sounds all fine and dandy, I guess if you're a fucking foreigner coming in from here. But on the other side, it is absolutely shitting in the hands and slapping regular you know, American people in the face with it. Whenever you say, all right, well we see that, you know, your house literally just floated away, and we're going to your.
Speaker 2: Whole town just floated down the mountain, dog.
Speaker 3: And we're gonna give you seven hundred and fifty bucks, which anybody that is renting right now, rent prices are an absolute joke. I'm staying, and I, yes, I get it. I'm in Katie. I guess it's a little bit more upscally part of town. I live in town, which is something that I don't want to do. I eventually will be moving out of the city and into the country. That's my goal there. But right dude, I'm paying fifteen hundred dollars a month for a fucking two bedroom apartment that is like six hundred and seventy five square feet. Like you want to talk about ripping people off, but that's beside the point. The idea that I'm paying fifteen hundred, which is double the amount that FEMA gave or I'm sorry, it's twice as much what I'm paying for rent as what FEMA gave to the people of North Carolina and Tennessee. And they're saying, dude, you know how many fucking hotel night seven hundred and fifty dollars will get you. You'd be lucky to get seven or eight days. You'd be lucky. And that's at Motel six.
Speaker 1: And that's a one time payment. That's not a monthly installment until people get back on their feet. That is a one time check that is cut or card that's given, and you will be grateful that you got it, okay, and you get out of their face, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 3: And that's just that unreal. And it's like stuff like this, it really helps you see that you know where where their love is, and their love is buying votes. And because they don't need to buy your vote, you already live here, you know what I'm saying, Absolutely already got you, dude.
Speaker 1: Look at the FDA, the Food and Drug Administration, though, people that are supposed to be America's shield against bad food, bad products getting sold to us, right, yep. They literally just showed we read about it just a minute ago.
Speaker 2: You had a one in ten shot of having like a horrible, horrible anal.
Speaker 1: Leakage from these products. And they said fuck it and they ran it. Then the FDA two years later, got paid enough to take the warning labels off. The product was still sold, it was still just as bad. Nothing had changed, But it only took two years worth of payments for the FDA to say, all right, we'll let you do what you want.
Speaker 3: The Food and Drug Administration, which monitors everything that is put onto your grocery store shelves, said, eh, all you got is a little anal sea pitch. Dude, just wipe it off. Be a man, use your hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically basically what was said.
Speaker 3: Because because the FDA is absolutely being bought up, like it doesn't take a genius to look into that. All you got to do is just find out, like, all right, what is the FDA passing? Like look at the ingredients on a ketchup bottle in America, and look at the ingredients in a ketchup bottle sold in Australia, for example. Oh, they're not doing it. For your health. They're doing it for the cheese baby.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right.
Speaker 1: And as a matter of fact, you know what, let's hear a little bit about the PepsiCo and all of their products and all of their things.
Speaker 2: This is a quick little Vigian.
Speaker 16: It was a multinational food and beverage corporation that has experienced significant success since its establishment in nineteen sixty five. The company has grown to become one of the world's leading brands, with a broad range of products that are sold in over two hundred countries worldwide. Early days of PepsiCo Ico was formed in nineteen sixty five through a merger between Pepsi Cola and Freed Dolay, two leading food and beverage companies. The new company was created with the goal of combining the strengths of both brands to create a diversified and powerful business. Pepsi Cola was founded in eighteen ninety eight by Caleb Bradham, a pharmacist from New Bern, North Carolina. He initially named his beverage Brad's Drink, but changed it to Pepsi Cola in nineteen o three. The brand quickly grew in popularity due to its refreshing taste and clever marketing campaigns. Over the next few decades, Pepsi Cola continued to grow in popularity. In the nineteen thirties and nineteen forties, the company introduced new products like Mountain Dew and introduced the iconic slogan the Light Refreshment to differentiate itself from other soda brands. Free Doo Lay was founded in nineteen thirty two by Charles Doolan, who discovered a new type of corn chip in a small Mexican restaurant. He purchased the recipe and began selling the chips under the name Freedo's. The company grew rapidly, and in nineteen forty five it introduced its most iconic product, Lays potato chips. The merger between Pepsi Cola and Fredo Lay in nineteen sixty five was a significant event in the history of both companies. The new company, PepsiCo, was led by Donald M. Kendall, who had been the CEO of Pepsi Cola, and Herman W. Lay, who had been the founder of Free Doo Lay. Under their leadership, PepsiCo began to expand into new markets and acquire other brands, including Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and Kentucky Fried Chicken. In the early days of PepsiCo, the company faced several challenges, including intense competition from Coca Cola and a struggling snack food market. However, under the leadership of CEO Donald M. Kendall and President Herman Wlay, the company implemented a number of key strategies to drive growth and success. Today, PepsiCo as a global food and beverage company with a portfolio of brands that includes Pepsi, Freedo, Lay, Gatorade, Quaker, Oats, Tropicana, and more. The company continues to innovate and grow with a focus on sustainability and responsible business practices. The rise of PepsiCo One of the key factors behind Pepsigo's success as its diversification strategy. The company has a broad portfolio of products that includes beverages, snacks, and other food items. This allows PepsiCo to appeal to a wider range of consumers and ensures that the company is not overly reliant on any one product or market. PepsiCo has also been successful in acquiring other companies to expand its product line and reach new markets.
Speaker 2: All Right, Real Quick Pioneer Foods.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that one is, rock Star Energy Drink, Celsius Energy Drink. I believe that one just went viral for having actual human shit in it and all of that the sewage foam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anyway.
Speaker 16: In addition to Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and Ka, which were acquired in the early days of the company, PepsiCo has also acquired other brands such as Gatorade, Quaker Oats, and Naked Juice. Another important factor behind PepsiCo's success as its focus on innovation. The company has consistently introduced new products and flavors to appeal to changing consumer tastes. For example, the company launched the first diet cola diet Pepsi in the nineteen sixties and introduced the first non carbonated beverage, Gatorade in the nineteen sixties. PepsiCo has also been successful in its marketing and advertising efforts. The company has created iconic campaigns like the Pepsi Generation, which helped to establish the brand as a cultural icon, and Joy of Pepsi, which featured popular celebrities like Britney Spears and Beyonce. PepsiCo has also demonstrated a strong commitment to sustainability and social responsibility. The company has set ambitious goals for reducing its environmental footprint, including.
Speaker 1: Let's go in read some of those things. This is the pet plus little brochure. I mean, just this is this seems like incredible things, but again we're talking about this company who is a massive, massive agricultural polluter, and they're they're also trying to push this big green agenda. Interestingly enough, wasn't it was it Rothschild or Schwab that a couple of years ago told pretty much every fortune five hundred company like, hey, listen, I know that I don't control you or anything, but you're gonna start taking a very eco friendly stance immediately you.
Speaker 3: Remember that, Oh yeah, yeah, that's a world economic thing. And that's really where they're trying to cut all the carbon emissions and and and all that other kind of shit, and it's it's in line with you know, just reducing certain carbon footprints and climate change and all that other bullshit. It's all a fucking scam. Like what you're doing is you're profiting off of something that naturally happens, and you're saying, well, and that's why, you know, it's it's really a dark rabbit hole whenever you start looking into it. Because all right, if climate change is a scam, and carbon footprint and all that other bullshit is also a scam, then why would they be worrying about giving us more soybeans. Why would they be worrying about you know, uh, certain corporations buying up larger agricultural plots to uh to spread regenerative agriculture and stuff like that. Well, the idea then would be if you keep on pumping us full of these chemicals that are going to reduce human life spans, and also keep them pumping in to you know, the the like the hospitals and and you know all the all the chemicals that they're they're you know, they're basically trying to pump you with within U healthcare and stuff like that. Well, now it's full circle, and now they created a whole ecosystem, like you ever see the whole ecosystem, like, oh, it rains and then it gets hot, and that that water vaporizes and goes back up into the clouds. Well, that's how they're treating us. That they're saying, all right, well, we're basically growing humans and we're going to sustain them by reducing you know, what they're eating in the in the land in order to make us look like we're the good guys. This is the whole idea around that that CIA director uh Casey, what was it Director Casey. Anyway, whenever he said that, the American people like, basically, we're not going to know everything. Everything that we know wiould be an absolute lie and we'll think that we actually know what we're talking about. But this is the whole idea behind the Hegelian dialect. Is you you know, you push the whole idea of climate change and and and stuff like that, and then you pump it full of other things to you to where basically now you have the American people and pretty much people all over the world. It's a global fucking thing nowadays. But basically what you do, what you have is is that you have the American well, the people all over the world. They're all getting on board with this climate change initiative and and carbon deficiency you know, near that they're trying to push and stuff like that. Meanwhile, we're reducing our lifespans, We're pumping shit food into our systems, We're pumping shit air into our systems and that's all they care about. That's how they're getting to most people. That they play it off like it's a good idea, bro.
Speaker 1: That this reminds me literally looking at this picture right now. And if you're not looking at this and you're just listening, you need to be on Patreon and rock fins.
Speaker 2: You can see these things.
Speaker 1: Okay, Patreon is the best source to support us directly. That being said, all right, do you remember when Bill Gates we just did an episode talking about him, We're gonna reduce the Earth's population by ten percent by this date, and everybody cheered and clapped, and it's like, y'all just heard a pretty thing and didn't think anything about the execution of the plan. Right, this is PepsiCo's plan for twenty thirty. Let's go ahead and look at this here. Net water positive Jonathan a beverage company who makes drinks. It's talking about being water positive. Have you ever looked at the ingredient list on the back of any soft drink ever?
Speaker 2: Number one ingredient is water? How are you going to be net.
Speaker 1: Water positive when your product contains water? That's fucking ridiculous, But okay, Fine, Fine, maybe maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about net zero emissions, Jonathan, Is Pepsi still sold in plastic bottles. I do declare and and plastic bottles have to be melted into their shapes, correct they do. That produces emissions. So there's literally no possible way that they can ever be a net zero emissions manufacturer just off of Pepsi. Let's not even talk about their packaging process for any of their other goods. Okay, one hundred percent sustainably sourced. Okay, the potatoes is one thing, corn is another thing. Oats are another thing. Do you understand that they have such a long laundry list of products that they are talking about having one hundred percent sustainable farms who are also able to meet their current agricultural demands for heavy industry, that's mathematically impossible. Then they're talking about reginatives for seven million acres, except they only got to just over three hundred thousand their first year.
Speaker 2: It's already twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: They're saying they're to have seven million done by twenty thirty, improve the lives of two hundred and fifty thousand people. Yo, you give that many people one dollar, you can say that you improve their life. Fuck off with that.
Speaker 5: It's like, even looking at this plan, there's no fucking way to execute it. But I guarantee they sold this off to a couple of different foreign governments as well as the United States, and probably got grants to push it forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Just look at like some of the bullet points here, one of them right under netwater positive. It talks about executing their DEI agenda. And if you remember whenever we went over the DEI, which is diversity, equity and inclusion.
Speaker 1: What does DEI have to do with netwater positive usage for your company?
Speaker 2: Did I miss something, dude? What? Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, you gotta have gay people marketing these pepsi products. They need to be more inclusive.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that hiring certain groups that belong to certain demographics make your company a beverage company use less water.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest, Jacob, didn't know that.
Speaker 1: But then again, maybe I just don't understand this type of business. But this is what I'm talking about. It's all pretty words, it's all look over here, look over here. Don't even worry about what's actually going on under the hood. Okay, let's not worry about those farmers in India that we were about to fuck over for growing a couple of our little potatoes.
Speaker 2: Here, look at what we're.
Speaker 1: Doing for the Indian women farmers. Look at this new project we have going on. Don't worry about what happened a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: That was then.
Speaker 1: This is now ain't a leakage only twenty ten. Look look look that was then. That was then we didn't know about soy oils. Yeah, the FDA made us put warning labels on it.
Speaker 2: Look look that was then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, this is way too funny. Like it's it's hilarious because it's a desperate attempt to look like a like like a like a corporation for humanity. Meanwhile, what you're doing is pumping fucking cancerous chemicals into us because you're you completely bought out the FDA, You completely bought out probably uh you know, like think about the World Health Organization and and you know organizations like that. It's like, dude, you're talking about an absolute monopolized takeover of the American healthcare system and you want to pump it as something that is it's netwater positive and we want to make sure we're pushing our dei agenda. It's like, dude, you give a flying shit about people like, don't don't try and pretend that you care, because it's a it's a fucking scam. And and you know what, the sad part is a lot of people are gonna eat this ship up and buy it up. They're gonna say PEPSI, Oh my god, I can't believe it. Dude, we're talking about We're talking about gangster mobster shit right here.
Speaker 1: Basically, this is mobsters with a coat and tie rather than in the back alleys and shit like that.
Speaker 2: This is corporate mafia. That's all. This is, one hundred percent And.
Speaker 1: That's why we are talking about it on the Cult of Conspiracy because tell me this isn't a conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind, just if anybody else need a little more confirmation about how little the United States government and the FDA actually care about your health and well being. Those wild chips that were made with soy oil, those were not sold in Australia, Canada, or anywhere in Europe. That substance is banned in those countries by their government officiating bodies.
Speaker 2: But in America, it's full tilt, bro.
Speaker 3: You know, I was just thinking too. You know, there are going to be corporations like this that are going to try and take care or take advantage of people. But it doesn't take a genius to look at a bottle of Pepsi or a bottle of coke, a bottle of fucking gatorade, all this bullshit to just say this is unnatural. This is not what this is not what the Earth would make naturally. You know, we are human beings. We're not supposed to be fucking drinking and eating all this shit in the first place. And so really we need to hold ourselves accountable and say, look, if I get sick, well, I made the agreement to drink these unnatural chemicals. I made the agreement to eat this unnatural shit. And if anything, we need to be taking a lot more accountability. And this is where the whole idea of people getting away from the system, getting out of the city, getting into their own kind of farming, like our boy Jim Gayle does right, And god it's been a minute since we had him on, but like that.
Speaker 2: Whole check in on him, that whole.
Speaker 3: Idea of of you know, microgreens and sustaining off of what you grow and and the animals that you know you're raising and stuff like that, to be able to provide back for yourself. Don't let the nanny government try and tell you that they're here to take care of you whenever you're you know, you have eighteen pills that you got to take just to stay alive per day. You know, like this is this is a whole, it's a it's up to you to kind of break through that matrix and really see the world for what it is. It's trying to make a dollar off of you, and and it'll do it by any means necessary.
Speaker 1: Now, I agree that we have to take responsibility for what we put in our bodies. However, when we are purposely misled, we are told that things are not only not bad for us, but good for us, and we should eat more of these things or drink more of this stuff because it's better. But ba bah, and then we find out that that was a bold face lie. I believe that certain people do need to be held accountable, right, And with that being said, look, I understand, yes, coke.
Speaker 2: Is just as bad.
Speaker 1: It's slightly less sugar than PEPSI. Okay, fine, I get it, but at least I can say that Coca Cola is as American as America can get. And Pepsi has done business with the Kammis multiple times, therefore their COMMI company. Anyway, let's get back to them talking about them. We have some more things we need to get too, because there's actually two more things that are really fucking funny that Pepsi has done that had to deal with later, but we'll get to it in a minute.
Speaker 16: Putting reducing greenhouse gas emissions and water usage. Additionally, the company has made significant investments in programs that support local communities and promote healthy living challenges. Faced intense competition, Pepsi COO operates in a highly competitive market, with other major players like Coca Cola, Nesley, and Unilever also vuying for market share. Pepsi COO has had to work hard to differentiate itself from competitors and innovate to stay ahead of the curve. Changing consumer preferences. Uomer preferences are constantly changing, and PepsiCo has had to adapt to stay relevant. For example, consumers have become increasingly health conscious in recent years, and PepsiCo has responded by introducing healthier options like naked juice and tropicana essentials. Supply chain issues. As a large and complex organization, PepsiCo's supply chain can be a challenge to manage. Issues like logistics, transportation, and inventory management can impact the company's ability to get products to market on time and at the right price. Sustainability concerns. As a major consumer goods company, PepsiCo has a responsibility to address environmental and social sustainability concerns. The company has set ambitious goals for reducing its environmental footprint, but it faces ongoing challenges in areas like water conservation and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Health concerns. PepsiCo has also faced criticism over the health impacts of some of its products, particularly its sugary beverages and snacks. This has led to increased scrutiny from regulators and calls for the company to reformulate its products or reduce its marketing to children. Despite these challenges, Pepsigo has remained a major player in the food and beverage industry thanks to its focus on innovation, strategic acquisitions, and sustainability conclusion. In conclusion, PepsiCo's success story is a testament to the company's ability to adapt and innovate in a highly competitive market.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I'll give it that. Pepsi is one to adapt and overcome and throw some wild ad campaigns out to try to drive people to the market and buy their product. This famous one in nineteen ninety six when this guy tried to sue Pepsi to win a Harrier jet. Do you remember hearing about this when we were kids. No, bro, this one's fucking wild.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 10: It was an eye catching ad for Pepsi cola, and it caught John Leonard's eye. Collect points from Pepsi labels and claim prizes like T shirts and sunglasses or for seven million points, a hairy er jet.
Speaker 7: Sure beats the bus.
Speaker 14: People say, well, didn't you want.
Speaker 9: A T shirt?
Speaker 14: I said, well, when there's a harrier out there for seven million Pepsi points, why not am your sets or am your sites a little higher?
Speaker 10: Leonard, a twenty one year old business student, noticed some fine print in place of labels. Consumers could buy Pepsi points for ten cents each.
Speaker 14: Now I did the quick math. I go, you know seven million, you know ten cents apiece? Seven hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: Leonard got the seven hundred thousand dollars from five well off investors, sent Pepsi fifteen labels and a check, and waited for his jet. Pepsi's response, the ad was just a joke.
Speaker 17: Tens of millions of Americans and people around the world saw the spot, got the joke and laughed. Mister Leonard saw the spot, hired business advisors and lawyers, and decided to take legal action.
Speaker 10: But PEPSI went to court first, asking that Leonard's claim be declared frivolous. Now Leonard has filed his own suit demanding the jet.
Speaker 14: You know, people point out that this PEPSI generation that they're trying to sell to is.
Speaker 17: Me someone who's taking advantage of the legal system. Doesn't really typify the PEPSI generation.
Speaker 10: The question now for the PEPSI generation, is John Leonard among the best and the brightest or is he just a nuisance?
Speaker 2: I think he should get the.
Speaker 7: Jet if he trying damage Pepsi, and he droppably.
Speaker 1: Should Maybe he is goofy, but I mean they are making those claims and if they can't back them up, they shouldn't be putting him on an air.
Speaker 10: A customer like this should be celebrated, not sued, says advertising executive David Birklan.
Speaker 1: Have a guy here who's done something pretty clever, I would give him a tour across the country in a Harrier jet.
Speaker 9: I'd turn it into a TV.
Speaker 10: Commercial in case anyone else is thinking of ordering a jet. Pepsi has now raised the number of points needed from seven million to seven hundred million. John Blackstone, CBS News.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so, first of all, pretty funny. But secondly, all right, did our boy from the Pepsi corporation just say someone taking advantage of the legal system doesn't typify Pepsi's ethos.
Speaker 2: Did he really just say.
Speaker 1: Some shit like that as he was trying to screw over Indian farmers for the quote unquote taking advantage of the legal system for some fucking potatoes.
Speaker 3: Dude, dude, this, I can't stand this kind of shit.
Speaker 2: Now, it's not false advertising.
Speaker 3: It absolutely is. I would have do Anybody who could put together two numbers would be able to figure out the amount of points that.
Speaker 2: You would need.
Speaker 3: All right. I like the way that he thought. I think that that's a brilliant idea, and it wasn't exactly marketed as a funny joke or a scam. If so, then right down to the bottom and say, this is not a real ad, this is not really what we're doing. But that didn't occur, that didn't appear in this commercial, and so of course you got to take it at face value. I mean, it's already like an obnoxious number to obtain as far as all these points go, And I mean, anybody would this guy's brilliant. I think that he should have been rewarded.
Speaker 1: The jet, everything else on the commercial, the sunglass, of the T shirt, the leather jacket, everything else that was advertised was in fact open as advertised. The one thing, yes, I understand it was an extravagant thing, but the one thing that you listed for seven million, and you got a guy who said, okay, like, what would they have done if somebody actually bought enough pepsi products to actually get seven million? Would they have honored the deal that they made?
Speaker 2: Then? Would have been just oh just some kid bah oh no they aw shit.
Speaker 3: No, they absolutely wouldn't have because they're using him as an excuse, like because and the average person is not going to collect that many fucking points right.
Speaker 1: And then I also heard somebody say, well, clearly, uh, you know, they don't even have the authority to sell a Hairer jet to somebody really, because they used to have the world's sixth largest navy. Yeah, I'm pretty sure they have the clearance for wherever the fuck they want.
Speaker 3: How about just you know, pull up one of those submarines and give that baby away?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: How sick would it be to have a submarine though?
Speaker 2: I mean I want one.
Speaker 1: That'd be awesome now and now, honestly, we couldn't have one though, because they would immediately just think we're doing cartel things. Yo, the cartels have submarine fleets. They have gotten advanced.
Speaker 3: We need a cold submarine. I'm down, dude, and I want to go down to that that part of the ocean to where it's like the water underneath the water. That's what I want to see that, dude. I want to go see the fucking megla dons and shit. Dude.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm talking about like one with a glass roof, to where we're going like one hundred feet down to like swim with sharks and shit. But like I could still see daylight. I ain't trying to go James Cameron, deep.
Speaker 3: Dude, No, I'm trying to go this Titanic sub it just happens. Son, I'm trying to go full on journey to the center of the Earth.
Speaker 1: Shit bro oh no, no, you bring a camera. I will be with you in spirit, my boy. I'm trying to go meet the Leviathan. Irl like I'm good.
Speaker 3: I mean, i'd be able to see if the Leviathan is a real thing or not.
Speaker 2: Fair enough. Fair enough.
Speaker 1: Now with that, and you're talking about the depths and we're talking about the darkness and all these things, let's talk about this time where Pepsi took a very massive misstep and promised a bunch of Chinese people that Pepsi would resurrect their dead relatives.
Speaker 2: And then they actually haven't denied it either.
Speaker 1: It's not like this is a funny story that's become urban legend, and that's just that Pepsi has never denied that these things have ever taken place, and they've been asked multiple times.
Speaker 2: But let's just go down the rabbit hole here.
Speaker 1: It starts off of when it started in Asia and how it grew, and I think it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: It's common knowledge for brands to undertake aggressive marketing strategies in order to stay relevant capture a larger a larger audience than their competitors. However, there are no clear strategies or protocols to follow when your marketing strategies lead to mass riots and instability in a foreign country. This is what Pepsi learned the hard way when the situation in the Philippines erupted into a full fledged war against the company. It all started in nineteen ninety two when Pepsi decided to launch a new marketing campaign in the Philippines. It was the twelfth largest market for soft drinks in the world, with the population that loved carbonated drinks. However, Pepsi was a distant second to Coca Cola in terms of reach to consumers. Coca Cola had a seventy five percent market share while Pepsi only had a seventeen percent.
Speaker 1: Pepsi as is proper, as is proper, because the Philippines don't fuck with commis either.
Speaker 3: Moving on, I guess so Pepsi had always been brainstorming on new ideas to market the brand, albeit with lesser efficiency than they would have hoped. In nineteen eighty nine had seen the launch of pepsi Am, which was marketed as an alternative to coffee, but it didn't go as well as they planned. Pepsi Am I never heard of that one.
Speaker 1: Well, it was in the Philippines. And if I'm not mistaken, Coke tried to do something akin to this. It was like that Coke black that came out in the early two thousands, That Coke coffee.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's still a thing. That's no, that wasn't early too. That I was like a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: So the first time at least in my lifetime that I can remember that Coca Cola tried to do a cokey cough Coke coffee combo.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: It was a small glass bottle and it had like a wrapper up like across the whole thing. You couldn't see the glass, and it was Coke black Blak, and it was black coffee and Coke. I tried it. I personally didn't like it, but some people loved it. And then they just recently came out with this other thing, this Coke coffee thing, right.
Speaker 3: Which I don't think is a thing anymore. I haven't seen that in a while. But dude, it definitely wasn't acquired taste. But I liked it.
Speaker 2: I mean, but I like people. I get it.
Speaker 1: One wants to just take half coke half coffee for whatever. That flavor profile just hits with them. Look, I'm not gonna throw shade.
Speaker 3: I just it was basically like a Coke energy drink is really what it was. It just had a little distinct coffee hint to it, which I liked it.
Speaker 2: I just Coke is really good at doing the one thing that they do. Like, why why are we playing around? Look? Coke Vanilla was a solid swing and a hit.
Speaker 1: Dog Coke with lime again coming with the bangers, that little coke machine with a little touch tone things. It's got like fifteen different flavors in it. Bro, we're blowing minds here. That's excellent. It's excellent.
Speaker 2: But you notice the coke itself stayed pure in those things.
Speaker 1: It just got added to we start blending a little too far. I just I wonder, you know, but hey, if they tried it and it had a market, then they would have kept doing it right.
Speaker 3: You know what Coke or PEPSI needs to do. They need to come out with a coke or pepsi kombucha, I would get down with that. You don't like kamucha, Dudea's fuck, it's really good for you. Actually, I know it is.
Speaker 2: I don't throw shade because I know it's super good for you.
Speaker 1: I just bro I don't like drinking vinegar, and I know you just get the fruit kinds.
Speaker 2: It's like, yo, it still tastes like fruit vinegar.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, I love all the vinegar shit though, Like whenever I go to five Guys, I'm getting that bottle of malt vinegar and soaking my fries with that. That's just there only way to eat it.
Speaker 2: Do you like v eight juice?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: So do you like Bloody Marriy's.
Speaker 3: No, don't. I don't really care for tomato shit.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, fair enough, because I've seen that's a thing too. Like I do not fuck with Bloody Mary's ever, and I know that me being from Louisiana, that's like sacrilege to say that. But A, I'm allergic to vodka, and b why would I want to drink tomato juice like first thing in the morning, even with the bacon and the whatever else. Like I'm trying to eat food like whiskey. There's breakfast whiskeys left right in center. Bro, there's like maple whiskeys out there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll eat the asparagus and the olives out of it.
Speaker 1: I just tomato in a breakfast setting. Have never It doesn't sit well with my pallet.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you know, if you're dicing them up and putting them in your hash browns, that's one thing I.
Speaker 2: Don't even do that.
Speaker 1: I've never had a well ooh, okay, with the exception of a breakfast like salsa on a breakfast burrito or some shit like Okay, okay, at least give that there for sure.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we'll get back. You want to get back to reading this article? Yeah, yeah, Pepsi had always been brainstorming on new ideas. Did I already read that? Oh yeah, yeah. Let me just start that over because I don't want to take it out of context. But it says Pepsi had always been brainstorming on new ideas to market the brand, albeit with lesser efficiency than they would have hoped. Nineteen eighty nine had seen the launch of Pepsi Am, which was marketed as an alternative to coffee, but it didn't go as well as they planned, so in an attempt to try something bigger and better, they targeted a more populous country with a more ambitious project. This gave birth to the number fever in the Philippines, which was revolutionary, just not in the sense of the word that Pepsi would have life. The idea was simple. Every bottle of Pepsi and its affiliated brands like Mountain Dew and seven Up had a three digit number printed on the back of the cap. It was similar to a lottery system in which the winning number was announced on national television and prizes were given to people starting from one hundred Indonesian pesos or about five dollars. The grand prize was one million pesos, which was a huge attraction for a large number of common citizens in the developing country.
Speaker 2: All right, so this is in the Philippines.
Speaker 1: Sounds before we even do the whole China thing, But this is when Pepsi tried to branch out and do that shit in Asian countries.
Speaker 2: So there is a picture on screen right now of one.
Speaker 1: Of the winning caps, and I say one of because well, let's see what happened.
Speaker 3: Pepsi witnessed a whopping forty percent increase in their sales over the course of the two weeks since the start of the campaign and a huge spike in their customer base with their promotions spreading like wildfire. The success of their strategy did not go unnoticed by the management, and they ramped up budget, increasing the number of prizes to ensure that more people were reached. It is estimated that around thirty one million people in the Philippines engaged with their campaign, which is approximately half of the population of the country at that time.
Speaker 1: Yo, so at least half of the country bought this product. So I mean understandably, even if it was a one time buy just to play your shot, that's still huge for a company that's making money like this.
Speaker 3: So how did this seemingly simple idea of driving up sales backfire for the soda giant. The answer to this question lies in the computer of Pepsi's vendor, which was responsible for printing the numbers on the bottle caps. The entire campaign function on the basic plan of having two winners who would get the grand prize of forty thousand dollars each. The winning number was predecided to be three hundred and forty nine, and these two bottles of Pepsi would be shipped to the Philippines by the company itself. But the entire plan went haywire when a glitch caused the vendors in the Philippines to manufacture eight hundred thousand bottles with the winning number printed on their cap. Unbeknownst say, that's gotta suck.
Speaker 1: This is what happens when you try to diversify too far, ladies and gentlemen, you let things fall through the cracks.
Speaker 3: Unbeknownst to this error, Pepsi continued pushing the campaign, and on the ill fated day of the announcement of the grand prize, there were four hundred and ninety thousand, one hundred and sixteen Filipinos who claimed the prize, armed with their bottles bearing the number three hundred and forty nine. Pepsi's original budget for the number fever was two million dollars, but with this costly mistake, they were now in a fix, owing thirty two billion dollars to their customers.
Speaker 2: Holy Shah dude.
Speaker 3: Consequently, the company refused to pay all the claimants, citing a glitch in their supply management and instead offered to pay all of them eighteen dollars each.
Speaker 2: Oh yit fucked? Are you kidding?
Speaker 12: Men?
Speaker 1: In the Philippines is a struggling country, a developing country, and you gave this mean many people that much hope. They were expecting forty k and you said, how about eighteen?
Speaker 3: This would have also increased their budget to eight point seven million, but it was not acceptable to the people, eager as they were to win the huge prize in return for consuming all the carbonated drinks over the past months. This is how PEPSI found itself right in the middle of a nationwide protest. There repercussions. A three four to nine allegiance group was formed, and people stormed the streets of Manila outside government offices and the PEPSI headquarters demanding justice. It led to full blown a full blown riot across the country, with police being deployed to control the mobs of people. In the process, five people died, dozens were wounded, and around forty company trucks were burnt, grenades were thrown, blasts were witnessed in major cities, and many company officials were forced to flee out of the country to save themselves.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, Pepsi co the communist group. Okay, this is this is what they do. This is what Kamis do, Jonathan. They come and do it in strategic ways, but they fucking stir the pot of political dissonance.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: These people promised them a better future and a better life, and they just ripped it out from under them.
Speaker 2: People died in the riot stude.
Speaker 3: There were thousands of court cases against Pepsi, and the company had to battle through all of them in the coming years. In two thousand and six, the Philippine Supreme Court stated that Pepsi could not be held liable and it cleared them of criminal charges due to the entire campaign. The brand ended up with losses of twenty million dollars, including physical, brand equity and legal cost. In this manner, a company famous for its air rated drinks and for relieving stress through a fresh ship of soda ended up causing a major riot in a country due to one number three hundred and forty nine. Bro, damn you know what I bet happened. I bet so so the Philippines. The Philippines aren't aren't going to just say look I get it, you know, like you made a mistake. I guarantee you. The Philippine, the Filipino government got a little piece of that pie in order to make that happen. There's no way they didn't.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Supreme Court in the Philippines is actually going through its own trials right now because of how kruup they've been found to be.
Speaker 3: Interestingly enough, it's a beautiful country though, it is.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: But I mean it's it's a it's wild, dude, it's absolutely wild things that are going down all over the world. Pepsi is this this company, this conglomerate. Okay, Pepsi co owns all of these companies, all of these products, different sources, and they're trying to do it self sustain all these things.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, sure, but let's not forget that they're.
Speaker 3: Commis, Yeah, COMMI Pepsi, and I would say that this is as a result of I mean, look, I get it. We're we're we're we're happy to be a capitalist country. You can make something of yourself from the from the bottom up, and it doesn't take several generations. You can do it in one generation. You can come from being the absolute poorest of the poor to really making a name for yourself in just a couple of years. It doesn't take it take very long, especially with social media and everything. I mean, Hawktua girl, i mean, she has her own podcast and she's getting all the like the biggest stars and shit, and I'm like, what the fuck is this world coming to? But like the idea that you know, that's that's all it really takes is a positive from a capitalist country. However, the downsides are absolutely significant whenever you get big ass corporations out there that are pumping poisons and chemicals and lying to lying to winners. I mean, they should have dished out a jet, They should have dished out a couple of well a couple of billion dollars to the people of the Philippines. And yet they didn't have to because their company is so low large, it has so much money that it can pay off governments, it can pay off healthcare systems, and probably the World Economic or not the World Economic Form, the World Health Organization and and things like that. And this is where you have absolute power. When you have absolute power, absolute it corrupts, absolutely right, And so I don't know, dude, Yeah, I'm I'm I'm happy that you shined a light onto Pepsi today. But I would say that it doesn't stop there. This is just one brand, this is one company, and I guarante, I guarantee you you look into any corporate food company or beverage company, you're gonna find remnants of every single description that you just said, like every single way of just poisoning people and ripping them off in the whole thing. So this is just one one thread to pull.
Speaker 1: Really, Yes, indeed, I absolutely agree. So so here's what I was trying to find earlier. This is when China was brought into the mix. So Pepsi will bring your ancestors back to life. Several high profile Western companies have had difficulties when translating their market to copy into Chinese. Pepsi made the mistake when they unwittingly translated there. Here's the quote quote unquote here come alive with the Pepsi generation, right. That was the big Pepsi generation push. That was the Harrier jet. That was what he had said. It was the Pepsi generation thing. It was a huge marketing campaign that went down or alongside Got Milk. Remember it was these these ads, these commercials like we just talked about.
Speaker 2: This was Zachary King.
Speaker 1: The late eighties to early nineties was like a golden era of commercials, right yeah, and that just what it was wild, It was unhinged and just people were doing it for the fuck of it. So this was the Pepsi generation come alive. With the Pepsi generation. And when it translated into Chinese, it says Pepsi brings your ancestors back from the grave, and so people were literally buying cases of the sh and bringing it to their ancestors grave sites, expecting some sort of a ghostly apparition maybe coming to them in their dreams. Some people did it actually think that they would rise from the grave, but that was a very small number, I will say that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, all of that now, look at that, Go back to that, back to that article. Whatever the other example that they give for miss mistranslating things. The Parker pens I just read that. So there's a company called Parker pen. It first stated to market their ballpoint pen to the Mexican market. They wanted to tell their new audience that their pens won't leak in your pocket and embarrass you. However, the company thought that the Spanish that The Spanish for embarrassed was embarzar, which actually means to impregnate. So whenever they were trying to put that it won't leak in your pocket and embarrass you, what it actually translated to is says it won't leak in your pocket and impregnant. That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: God, well, that's.
Speaker 3: Good to know. I mean good to know you won't be getting impregnated by your fucking pen.
Speaker 2: That's fucking hilarious.
Speaker 1: So now all of that to say, let's talk one more time about Pepsi acquiring Coeta Foods. Because Cieta is a very proud company. Their standards are high, they are a little more expensive, and they're sold in like high end place. I get it, but you know, it's good quality food. It's a family owned and operated company. They built it to what it is now in ten years. Okay, like it's it's insane. And I know a lot of people that are very, very health conscious about what they allow their children to eat. And they all are big, big with the sea. They love this shit. Now Pepsi Coo is buying it. PepsiCo who does dirty business, ugly ugly business.
Speaker 2: Horrible for the world, horrible for agriculture.
Speaker 1: Their products are late and with horrible chemicals because it's all about cost efficiency, because they are losing money left, right and center, because they've gone so diverse so many times that they like are struggling. Even the financial advisor guy said nine months ago that they have unpaid debt. They are not a wise investment. Yeah, it's like a long term growth thing, sure, but ten percent or what was it, one hundred percent over ten years, that's okay, Like it's not bad by any means, but it's not like you're trying to make it rich off of this stock either. It was not considered a good investment unpaid debts, dude, So let's listen to this.
Speaker 2: I don't know her name, Nicole Coogan, Cogan whatever the hell.
Speaker 1: She seems to be very happy about this buy, but I don't know if she fully understands who and what Pepsi Co is.
Speaker 2: But this again just a quick summary of the current status of.
Speaker 15: Things and a one point two billion dollar deal, and it is all the talk right now. Ultimately, I think it's a huge win for the venture and consumer industries. But it doesn't come without controversy.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it.
Speaker 15: If you follow me. You probably know Sieta. Sieta is a Mexican American family owned brand that totally disrupted the market with their grain free tortillas and chips. What the haters are gonna say, Pepsi is Pepsi. They don't care about your health.
Speaker 3: They're going to ruin all the ingredients.
Speaker 12: Don't sell out to the devil.
Speaker 8: Here's why I.
Speaker 15: Think it's a win. They've made efforts to healthify their brands like Freedo and Cheetah, but they're not innovative enough. The way you go out and do it is to acquire a health focus, clean brand and add them to your portfolio.
Speaker 9: Pepsi has one.
Speaker 15: Of the largest distributions in the world. Siea is about to pop up in places you never would have expected it to. It's going to reach so many more people. Sieta will expand Pepsi's multicultural portfolio. Sieta has so much passion for their Mexican roots and making high quality, clean Mexican cuisine available to the masses. So this is another huge win. Now, if the ingredients starts to change and the brand value dissipates, then I'm wrong, But I really don't see that happening. I feel really good about.
Speaker 12: This in either way.
Speaker 15: Congratulations to the Garza family.
Speaker 3: What an accomplishment. Okay, you bluepehle ass woman.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I get her point of view and I see what she's saying. But also yes it is pepsi coo, and yes, that is how they do business. And once again, you don't make your company better by buying an already good thing and adding it to your portfolio to make you as a whole look better, Like she just said, they have already done some things towards Freedo and Cheeto, but like that's not enough because it's still trash in the food and we know that you can still literally.
Speaker 3: Light up a Cheeto and smoke it. By the way, right, that's still a thing.
Speaker 1: That being the case buying a good pure let's just say the CIA is a pure company right off the top.
Speaker 2: They are like exactly the.
Speaker 1: Golden standard of what a family owned food production company should look like.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm talking. They love this shit.
Speaker 1: This is their life, their passion, the whole nine. All Right, you take that and you add it to a pile of shit. You didn't elevate the pile of shit. You just made the good thing worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically that's just me.
Speaker 1: I know that maybe I just have a weird perspective of it, but you know, it makes me sad that Kamis have gotten their hands on a Mexican American food staple like this, because I actually do like the Cota chips.
Speaker 2: Their flavors are legit.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, But ultimately, that's all most companies are really looking to do nowadays. They're looking to build up a large enough company so that eventually they get bought out and they can retire and their kids can retire and their grandkids can retire, and that's great. And to be honest, I'm not even mad at them for it. This is not something to.
Speaker 1: Get until one point six billion turnaround in ten years.
Speaker 2: My boy, on the respect, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, are you going to like put it on him for making a little bit to extra money. Dude, We'll never have to work another day in his life, So like, good on him, good on the company and shit like that for making some money.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, the guards of family one percent.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, if you're looking at Pepsi as if they are now getting healthier and they now care more about you. They now care more about the agricultural lands. They care more about your health. No, Like, don't be fooled. This is wolves and sheep's clothing clothing rather and and if they can push the whole gimmick of health, then unfortunately, uh, if you're going to buy it and think that you're eating something healthier, that's on you, because whenever you end up developing cancer at the age of forty two, I mean, it's it's not Pepsi's fault.
Speaker 2: Nah, huh. I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: But at least they're out in the open with it. They're trying to put on a different color, a different face, right, they're trying to give a new image. But we can look very easily and find all of their track record. And I'm not saying that Coca Cola is innocent of anything. Look, the beverage industry, the beverage war is latent with actual blood. Like there's been actual wars that have kickstarted because of these two up into and including the situation in the Philippines. All that was done to try to counter Coca Cola's hard foothold in Southeast Asia. So it's it's a very very messy business. And this is where once again, sometimes the corporate world can in fact bleed into the political world and the geopolitical world, the international foreign trade relations, all.
Speaker 2: Of these things.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's pepsi versus coke. I'm just saying, and this is why we need to keep an eye on these things. And of course I'm never gonna miss an opportunity to take a shit on comies aka pepsi. So I mean, of course when I found this out, we had to do an episode about it.
Speaker 3: And by the way, the whole idea of pepsi and coke red versus blue.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't see a political tie either way. Coca Cola has done a lot of liberal ad campaigns, so is pepsini.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, I'm not saying that one represents one branch. I'm just saying the the image of a red company versus a blue company, this is built within our subconscious mind. This is why they go come up with like these color schemes and everything, because the color blue is an enticing color. It's a it's an inviting, you know, comforting kind of color. Whenever people see it subconsciously, and whenever you see red, you see it as strength and dominance and stuff like that. So these are things, these are symbols that go on within our mind, and they're absolutely they're they're rigging the wires. This is this is marketing, dude. These marketing companies, like these marketing campaigns, like these corporations pay out hundreds of millions of dollars a year to find out like, all right, well, how can we manipulate the psyche of the person that is looking at our product? And so yeah, just want to throw that in there too.
Speaker 1: Uh hund percent agree, And that's why they advertise the same way that they do. I actually had found a clip. I wish it would have pulled it up. This guy was basically saying, like Coca Cola was running the same ad everywhere. It was that classic coat sign, the red sign with the white lettering, and that was it. PEPSI was everywhere. They're doing commercial with Harrier jets. They're over here doing ad campaigns in the Philippines. They're doing these things, they're doing gimmicks, they're doing all this stuff. Now, granted, they're doing it because they have to do something to stay competitive. But this guy was like, yeah, you understand, you're just appealing to the same old crowd. Why don't you, you know, do anything new ever and see how that goes for you. Coca Cola tried it in the eighties with that whole New Coke. Do you remember I ever heard about that?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So essentially what sparked that was there was a blind taste test that went I guess that version of viral in the eighties.
Speaker 2: It went all over the news.
Speaker 1: Blind taste tests, no labels on it, just two cups with brown colas in them.
Speaker 2: Pretty much.
Speaker 1: It was two to one people in a blind taste test preferred pepsi, and the thought behind that was that there was more sugar in it. So Coca Cola changed their formula to have more sugar than pepsi, and it was called New Coke. Sales bombed hard. People just wanted the old shit back then. They brought it back with Coca Cola Classic and has remained that way ever since, and their sales like tripled than what they were before with the whole blind taste test bullshit. Yeah, So somehow, how could they have known that that would have worked?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it was, Yeah, it was the pepsi challenge. I remember whenever that shit was going on. It was blind taste tests and you know, are you a real one? Can you really discover that this one's coke or this one's pepsi? And I mean, honestly, I think anybody would be able to tell which ones which just because like they've both been around long enough at least our whole lives. And but yeah, it's it's weird. It's all just marketing campaigns.
Speaker 2: But that's exact actly right.
Speaker 1: Anybody would that's been in America their whole life would know the difference between coke and pepsi, even in a blind taste test. But the fact that that video was making its way across the news got people talking, and it got people buying more pepsi, and it made Coke so nervous that they did a whole rewind ad campaign to triple their sales in response.
Speaker 2: You know, the it's insane how this shit works.
Speaker 3: The what is it? The secret ingredients of coca cola are in the Smithsonian.
Speaker 2: Yeah I've heard that, Yeah they do not.
Speaker 3: I mean, no, it is true. But the the idea is is that you know, this, this ingredient list is is so secretive that they had to lock it away in the whole Smithsonian, So I think that it was just a campaign stunt or whatever anyway, But you know, there there's definitely a difference. But either way, look, all of this shit's bad for you. Like that's That's why whenever I see stuff like this, I just say, of course, because they can't.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right.
Speaker 1: But to any of the cult members that you know have just started listening and maybe they don't know how deep things go, I think it's important for us to point out these things when we see them, especially when it comes to food, to drinks, to what we are buying, to what we are bringing home to our families, and to what we are putting into our own bodies, which I do, in fact believe are our temples.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: I believe we need to respect our bodies as best we can. I know we all take shit care, hell, we vape and all of these things. I get it. But when something like this takes place, we gotta let the cult members know.
Speaker 2: We gotta get it out there.
Speaker 1: Everybody needs to watch out for the PEPSI commy takeover of the CTA Chip.
Speaker 3: Company, absolutely correct. How about some knife fans, Jacob, if.
Speaker 1: You haven't, dear cult members, please at this time, Hit the five stars, hit the share, the likes, cried the common leave a postly review, shares with your friends and family, sharffs everywhere across the globe.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: The more activity the algorithm sees across all of our listening platforms, the more we get promoted to more potential listeners who could then become potential cult members like the rest. Finally, and gentlemen, while you're at it, go check out meta mysteries. Go give him the five stars, the shares, the likes of all the subscribes, and all the things. Jonathan's other show him and his cousin Sean go ham into the meta things, all the stuff.
Speaker 2: Go check them out. While you're at it, go.
Speaker 1: To my YouTube channel, cajun Night and give me the subscribes and the bell notifications.
Speaker 2: And the things and the stuff. We thank you for everybody who's already gone and done so.
Speaker 3: And with that being said, this was another beautiful episode of the Cult of Kenspiracy. And my name's Jonathan, I'm Jacob, And there's one very important extreme, the vital piece of information we need you to learn just as soon as humanly possible. No better off that far.
Speaker 1: Hey, cult members, Jacob here just want to ask who wants better sex. The best way to get started is to go to Adam and Eve dot com Right now, abim Eve is offering fifty percent off just about any item, but that's not all. When you get one item, they will also send three bonus sexy items and six free movies. They offered a screen shipping as your privacy is a priority, plus free shipping on your entire order. Doesn't matter how much you spend or what you buy. All we packaged and sent discreetly for free. That's fifty percent off one item and ten free gifts to boot bring more pleasure and satisfaction into your bedroom. Just go to Adam and Eve dot com and select any one item. It could be an adventurous new toy or anything you desire. Just enter the offer code cult at checkout and you'll get fifty percent off almost any item, plus ten free gifts, three bonus items, six free movies, and free shipping.
Speaker 2: Use the offer code.
Speaker 1: Cult that seult at Adam and Eve dot com.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This is an exclusive offer specific to this podcast, so be sure to use this code to get you not just the discount and the free goodies, but also the one hundred percent free shipping with the code Cults