Speaker 1: On on.
Speaker 2: I had to show producer Gary how to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, on.
Speaker 2: He got he goby on on. Welcome to the CECO pre Show for episode four ninety.
Speaker 1: Five ninety five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I almost said six. Holy shit, Yes, we are here. We are brought to you by the wonderful patrons at Patreon dot com slash Ceco Podcast, whether they like it or not, and a bunch of them are freaking nerds. They like Final Fantasy. I know, right, do you like Final Fantasy?
Speaker 1: Yes, you have also a nerd.
Speaker 2: Yes, you've heard that Magic the Gathering is making a Final Fantasy set.
Speaker 1: I have been informed.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good because I have some of my favorite cards to talk about today. I have a couple of cards that I okay, here's the thing, and I'll just get it out there.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: For the last few weeks, everybody I think thinks that this is like my favorite set of all time, and I know everything about Final Fantasy.
Speaker 1: I have been of the mind. Yes, well that's how I also feel.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get out with it here. I have never played Final Fantasy before. Oh shit, really never, not a single one, not one.
Speaker 1: Have you ever watched the stream on the Dufferent Avenue Twitch channel.
Speaker 2: I've been on the stream. Oh she never mind watching it. I've walked past the camera several times and it showed my junk. Yeah, too small. We don't got enough zoom.
Speaker 1: That would explain why we haven't been banned.
Speaker 2: Yes, we don't have enough zoom. And I don't really know anything about any of the characters in this set. So when I look at the set, I'm looking at it card by card instead of as a whole. Does it capture final Fantasy tropes and themes and does give you the feel like when we got Lord of the Rings that was my thing, and I look to make sure that the set captured some of the themes of that book friendship or fellowship, life and death and all all the stuff. Right.
Speaker 1: Walking and walking, Yeah, there're lots of walking.
Speaker 2: That's a walking in that book.
Speaker 1: They do lots of walking, lots of it. Sounds like I'm making fun of it, but it's they walk a long way for a long time.
Speaker 2: At least five hundred miles, yeah, and then five hundred more. I don't I don't have that kind of deeper knowledge of this set. So when I'm looking at it and reviewing it. I'm looking at it from a card by card standpoint, and that gives me the opportunity not to say, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, I'm gonna build this cloud deck.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm gonna build this Tifa Lockhart deck. Oh my listen, I even knew some name some of the it is the name. Yeah, I'm not gonna build a Soldier deck off, but it lets me say, hey, this card is going to go really well in this deck that I already have. Oh baby, and there's a few that I wanted to just share, pick your brain about, talk about, and ultimately, like, the set feels very and this isn't a knock. It feels it feels mid as in. It's got zombies and dragons and demons, clerics, you know, like all the magic y stuff.
Speaker 1: No goblins, they got goblins and.
Speaker 2: Final Fantasy of course they do. Oh okay, yeah, so they short changed your boy, sure did.
Speaker 1: Frick No preview card, no palette of free product me to open and then complain about on social media.
Speaker 2: Well, that is a thing that they might not want you to do.
Speaker 1: Not calling anybody out, but.
Speaker 2: I did ask for a free preview card. We haven't had one since I think Lord of the rings Man. What a great day.
Speaker 1: It was a day. It was a good card too. I even played that card in the deck for a while.
Speaker 2: I played two of the three cards we got that one ant draft Bass and I never played that card, not even in limited. But anyways, I wanted to pick your brain on like, Okay, we got Kicker, we got Flashback, we got Clerics, and sort.
Speaker 1: Of like living weapon ish.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, So like the set is going to be integrated into EDH and the superstars are going to be superstars. I think you're probably gonna talk about them tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I can cure I actually probably not. I've only got a few of the legends on my to talk about list, oh, believe it or not. Yeah. I didn't want to focus too heavy. And they cuse all the new decks because so many people, I think already kind of know which ones are the best, you know what I mean? How many Bahamat decks are we going to get? Probably quite a few.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That that one guy with the big long sword who's an aristocrat in the command zone.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, that guy, that guy too.
Speaker 2: Ah he said his name, I'd say, yeah, I totally knew that. Yeah, yeah, I totally knew that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna see a bunch of tea for Lockhart decks, i'd imagine, because.
Speaker 2: It's just simping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's both simping and like a really easy and like in like a in a inefficient, inexpensive deck to make because you already have all the cards at home. Oh do you just need to put mossborne hydra in your command zone and all of a sudden your deck is amazing And that's what you're doing with Tifa Lockhart. Yes, So there's lots of that going on. So I just kind of picked cards that I personally kind of want, and I picked out a few of them that I thought kind of merited attention, that are are like special attention that I want to take a look at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've got my first one like that, Okay, And it's got an ability that I really like in flashback okay, which you know I like doing butt stuff.
Speaker 1: I know you do.
Speaker 2: That's the graveyard for those who are are never experimented. If you're new here, if you're new, take it in the butt and uh in the nation. No. From father to son. Wow, what a terrible card name to follow? Up what I just said. Yeah, yeah, this is a tutor for a vehicle, and it cost white one. Search your library for a vehicle, reveal it, put it into your hand, if it was cast from your graveyard, put it into the battlefield instead.
Speaker 1: How much does it cost to flash it back?
Speaker 2: A thousand? Okay, yes, white, white, white? Is that four whites? It's seven seven total. That's the lot, man, that's lots. But if I can get like a Parhelion two or any vehicle that.
Speaker 1: I don't know for seven, man, I finally just play the fucking Parhelian.
Speaker 2: Two, not if it's in my deck.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: This card represents Parheli in two, two and three. Yeah, so I could get it.
Speaker 1: I can get it.
Speaker 2: This guy get it like three times. So I like this one. I like that it's a dad like giving a car, like giving his son his inheritance, and it's a fricking car. I think that that's cool. It's like a little story. I was hoping that you would be able to tell me anything about it, But if you can't, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Oh this is a nactus I believe is his name. He's the main character of Final Fantasy fifteen.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know much about the story about that game, but I do know that it's three dudes kind of in that car going on like a road trip around like oh yeah, whatever the world is called. Yeah, and there's one guy that takes selfies of himself and they fight big monsters. And that's what I know about Final Fantasy fifteen, Eh.
Speaker 2: Selfies and big monsters.
Speaker 1: And I knew that his name was Nactus.
Speaker 2: That's like Uncle Brando's standing in front of the mirror. Yeah, who selfies and big monsters. I like Restoration Magic. Why I assume that that's a Final Fantasy thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, any of the ones that are magic. There's a Lightning magic and fire man yeah yeah, yeah, there's like levels. There's cure and using this an exown that's cure. That's like your basic cure spell. It cures a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yes, And there's hold on we would say Restoration Magic instant for just white, right, and it's got tiered. I don't know if that's Final Fantasy, but we know what tears are. Tier one costs zero extra mana target, permanent, gains, indestructible, and hexproof tel eod pretty good. Yeah, that's like white counterspell if you target my guy, yep, that's totally fine.
Speaker 1: Snake skin Veil gets played all the time. This is basically the same card.
Speaker 2: Yep. If I could go h Kura Curra cura. Okay, that's for one extra so two total Now target permanent gains hex proof, indestructible, and I gained three life sure sure or curaga correct for five total permanence, I control gain hexperof and indestructible, and I gained six life.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic. Remember, not as an awesome card that's going on every commander deck and I'm gonna build a deck around it. But in my life gain deck where I care about swinging in with advisors and monks and artificers, and I can go, oh yeah, all my guys are hexproof and indestructible and they all get plus six plus oh for five manna at instant freaking speed. Yeah, this is gonna be a win con. This is like, oh my god, six life the creator hoof yeack Creator cure a hoof.
Speaker 1: That's not bad. Actually, okay, I like that one. I do like that.
Speaker 2: I do like that, yes, okay, uh yeah, you know what lots of white cards that I actually was interested in.
Speaker 1: What do you think of this cycle? Here? The crystals, Oh, crystals, we like them. It's good. So's there's one for each color. Yes, and they cost color color too.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And they make the according color us cost one less spells off the type.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Then they double something. In White's case, it's life.
Speaker 2: Game life gain.
Speaker 1: In green you get an extra bunch of extra counters.
Speaker 2: You get like an extra plus one plus one counter.
Speaker 1: Red gives the fucking haste.
Speaker 2: It doubles the soonness in which you can attack with it. Now that checks out, though, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: It does double the soonness in which you can attack. And then for like color color four, and I think tap it does something gain life, put creature into play for free, and do the thing right like it does a bunch of stuff. What do you think of those?
Speaker 2: Ah? I like them. The white one gains you flying in lifelink on all your guys until and it turns pretty good. It goes right back to what I was just saying about my life gain deck. That's cool. I like the blue one because the milk card. Yes, I'm not gonna put it in my mill deck because it doesn't quite make the cut. If it was three men, maybe I would. It costs four. I can already combo kill you on turn three or four or just with my commander. Yeah. So, like that's the problem when you're making like a competitive deck is cards that you like that are cool don't always go in because it's like, man, I can't find the space for this pet card blue blue two blue spells cost one lass if you mill mil twice that much like Brewbak mil in additional four, oh mill in additional four. Yeah, cause Brubak too good, too good, mild good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a ground well, I mean that makes you just win with Grindstone too, sure, probably because they're gonna get colors that match in six cards.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, wow, I do play Grindstone in my brewmat deck. Oh man, it's good in two colors, or it's good in uh you know what cards really fricking good Tasha's hideous laughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They exile cards from the top of their library until they hit twenty CMC. The more competitive you get. I got a guy for like fifty cards on time, He's like, oh zero rob zero drop zero drop anyways, Yeah, then the blue ones like mill equal to cards in your hand or something. Yeah, I forget whatever, but I do like them, and I.
Speaker 1: Think they're kind of neat. I don't know if they're going to see a bunch of play or I don't know. I don't really think I'm going to play them, but hey, I think that they're kind of interesting that they're there, and I'm glad the crystals were represented and got some love. Unlike my girl Ferris, who's my favorite character from Final Fantasy five, not even appearing in the art on a.
Speaker 2: Card, Ferris is she made out of iron.
Speaker 1: Now she's a pirate. She's a pirate queen with purple hair, and she's all jacked. She goes and she talks like a pirate. It's awesome. Oh yeah. She has a friend named Hydra who lives in the ocean, and she pulls her irate ship along when there's no wind.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, speaking of ships, my next card cargo ship. Another vehicle. I swear I'm not all about vehicles, but lately I am. You are.
Speaker 1: You're about vehicles and mill and advisors. Those are the only things that you like. No, I figured you out, man, No figured it out, kham Man Right, mill deck, vehicle deck Cascade deck.
Speaker 2: Oh that dad, I do like Cascade, Yeah, I do like Cascade. Okay, so this is a cargo ship. It's flying Vidge two to three for two, so that's pretty cool. Cruise for one. That's pretty good, and it taps for a colorless but you can only spend on artifact.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 2: Sure, I think this is a good little card. It's a fine card in my vehicle deck. It's a two drop maniroc that gives me a manna to cast more vehicles. Yeah, or manor rocks or my commander because she's an artifact there you go. Yeah, it's Braa. I know I can't cast her with colorless, but like if she dies, you.
Speaker 1: Will have to color for cast over colorless eventually. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I like that one. And just you know what, because it's a standard set, I always try and pick through and see like, oh, this is a good little common or this is a cool little Dreams of Laguna.
Speaker 1: Dreams of Laguna Laguna is the main It was played Final Fantasya if we're going to Laguna? Is Squall's dad?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know? In Final Fantasy eight and there's this they're like these sequences where Squall, like in his party, like they fall into like a dream sort of state and they relive events of Laguna and the black guy there is Kiros and the little the big fat guy that's warred mm and they're like, dude, buddies are soldiers in this army in a war, and like you follow them around and you see some of the events that made the world all up. And everybody said that he should be the main character of the game because he's a much more likable character. And you know what, it's true. Oh he's an idiot. Also, he's also a fucking idiot.
Speaker 2: The card is good Surveil one, then draw card and it has flashback and it is an instant for blue one. Like that card's good. Yeah, if you think, if you play, like think twice if you play. I'm not comparing it to Brainstorm and Ponder and period in because those are on a different level because it costs one man, I know that. But decks that want those cards and thing twice and deep analysis deep deep analsis yeah, this card goes right and considers another one. Yeah, and alchemy, what's the alchemy? Want to flashback forbid in alchemy? It's another one? Oh yeah, yeah, this is This is just one of those I.
Speaker 1: Gotta play those cards. Ryan, the hell am I supposed to know that? Shit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, big shout out to Lunar Whale, just because any card with whale. I like to make your mother's huge ass joke to Uncle Brando.
Speaker 1: So I also want to point out that that's another vehicle you pointed out.
Speaker 2: No, no, what do you think.
Speaker 1: Of quistas trapee? What uh? That one?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I did see this trap blum age. For the record, my favorite final Fantasy.
Speaker 2: Class gives me samus aaron vibes. It's a human wizard when quistas trap.
Speaker 1: That's how I always say it.
Speaker 2: Man, that sounds like that sounds veneerialish. When it enters, you may cast target instance or source your card from your graveyard and mana cast any type and then you exile it. It's kind of like.
Speaker 1: It's like snapcast or made at home.
Speaker 2: Yes, a little bit different. It costs three I don't have flash but it lets you cast the thing from your graveyard, not like it gets flashback. Yeah, so flashback is an alternative cost. And if you can just cast, if you can quistis trape and then cast from your graveyard, you can cast stuff for its like alternative cost like overload and shit.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you can overload a rift from your band.
Speaker 2: And psychlonic rifts. You can't do that, like like with with snapcast, you can't pitch a blue card and pay a life to alternate cast force a will. But this you can, Oh, this is but this doesn't have flash. So it's like but.
Speaker 1: If you could blink it or something, yes, blue, I don't know if you could ever blink a card and blue you could possibly hypothetically exile the car and card and force something from the band.
Speaker 2: Or you could go quistas trape. Hey, I have a force will in my graveyard, so when you try to stop my game winning spell, I can actually counter it from my graveyard. And it doesn't need to have flash. You just have to like plan for it, which makes it not as good because you're giving away information. But it already costs three, so it isn't as good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so fuck you. I think it's a cool card, though he'll see some play. I don't know if it's in my list for tomorrow or not. I just read.
Speaker 2: It is Ultros Obnoxious Octopus.
Speaker 1: Of course, Ultros the Obnoxious Octopus is in there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I think that's a terrible card, I really do, but I'm so excited to see it show up in decks, and I'm so excited to have one in my greasy little.
Speaker 2: Yes, there are a couple octopus and cracking cards. Oh summon Leviathan. That was the card I was actually thinking about. It's a saga six to six Leviathan with ward two for six. Sure, okay, this is good. Chapter one, return each creature that isn't a crack and Leviathan Murph, folk, octopus or serpent to its owner's hand. Neat, let's put it right in the fricking sea creature's deck, sea monster's deck. And this is like ah or the murfolk deck poor man's fricking cyclonic riff, because that's a game changer in my decks. At two yeah, boom baby, and all of your murph folk that like gives shit island Walk and your ULA's Temple Shenanigan all a shit. This is included in that because it says murfolk on it. I like this card and untilling to turn this chapter two and three until end of turn whenever a crack and Leviathan murpholk, octopus or serpent attacks. Never mind damage attacks.
Speaker 1: You draw a card, I'm gonna have to get one of those for coma.
Speaker 2: Yes, because coma coils our serpents, aren't they.
Speaker 1: That's right?
Speaker 2: Frick this card's good. He'll be drawn on cards like it's your's.
Speaker 1: My job, yeah, not even my part time job.
Speaker 2: Full time job, full time job. You're gonna get like one of these fancy ones.
Speaker 1: Fancy why I will get a fancy one.
Speaker 2: That's a whole dollar ninety. I don't know if you can afford it.
Speaker 1: I mean after hey man, I did get my box today, so I can't afford much.
Speaker 2: How's your freaking ass?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. I had water soup for lunch today. Yeah, you couldn't. Didn't even eat it up. I just put water in a pot. Could Yeah.
Speaker 2: Couldn't even afford crunchy water soup. That's ice cubes, that's right, that's soggy ice soup. Oh god. I had to stand outside with my head tilted up towards the sky and let it rain in my mouth. That's how poor I am.
Speaker 1: What is like scrolling through black cards together?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, scrolling through black cards. There's no there's good cards, but you know what black I really felt it was like, oh, this one's a demon, this one's a Black Mage, which which are very good. Yeah, this one has to do something with dragons, and I'm like, oh, okay, this is black.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sure, they're doing black. So there's a there's a Dark Confidant reprint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right in the main set. I guess that's normal, right, if they're gonna do something like that, it's in a special guest slot or it's in the main set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they did it in the main set. Good on them. That's a that's a cool card. Back into standard for the first time in a while. I think, so, mm hmm, that's that's gonna be interesting at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. I like overkill.
Speaker 1: I love overkilling. I like that card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, give it a read.
Speaker 1: Overkill is an instant for Black two. Target Creister gets minus zero, minus nine, thy nine and ninety nine until underturn that kills.
Speaker 2: Everything everything that you can target yes does is nine hundred is ninety nine. The most damage you can take in Final Fantasy.
Speaker 1: Under most circumstances. Yes, there are very few. There are minuscule amounts of times when you can do more. Okay, but god damn, that's pretty cool. I just like that. Yeah, you're gonna cook somebody's goat. What do you think of this?
Speaker 2: Mother?
Speaker 1: I think he might be on my list for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: But oh, Vincent Valentine, Yeah, that's it sounds like a sounds like he's in adult films.
Speaker 1: He is the most I think he might be the most jerk off character that I've ever seen, Like, whoever invented that wants to be Vincent more than sephar Off? Yes, more than Seph the.
Speaker 2: Carter the dude. Oh look at this fricking forty four mag Hey, he's like Lynn Eastwood's gonna play him in the next movie.
Speaker 1: He's like a freaking he's a vampire spy ninja who has a gun and turns into a chainsaw wielding maniac that was a hockey mask, a crazy demon that's on the backside of this card.
Speaker 2: So he's Casey from Ninja Turtles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's Casey from Ninja Turtles. He's Jason Vo He's he's a vampire ninja spy like it's He's everything amazing. And he had his own.
Speaker 2: Spinoff game, his own spinoff game, his own spin off game you ever played?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was actually quite good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I totally played it all the time too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Third Person Shooter was a fun game. It was legitimately a fun game. Oh, George of Cerberus, it was quite good.
Speaker 2: I like the card right beside it, Vincent's Limit break. Yeah, this is going into my alenda, the dusk Ros deck. Of course it is, Yeah, of course it is. It's another one with tiered. It's an instant mind you black one, tier zero or tier one I guess is h zero extra mana and until ended turntarget creature you control gains. When this creature dies, it comes back tapped with whatever power and toughness depending on what tier you pick. Okay, and for zero extra mana, my alendo will come back as a three to two. So if it immediately dies again, I'll get three guys if it comes If I pay one extra, it comes back as a five to two. If I pay three extra, so five total. It gets reanimated instantly dies and etb's and if it dies again, it'll give me seven guys because it comes back as a seven to two.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I like that. It's kind of like a counterspell for a removal spell. It kind of auto pumps a lenda. If I can give a lend a haste, I can swing for seven maybe good Man. Yeah, yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Dece card did he more like decee knots am? I right? Yeah? Thanks guys, Yeah, I got you do. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: I hope that the microphone picked up. Me and Gary were exactly on the same pitch too.
Speaker 1: They mustard they're very good microphones.
Speaker 2: Uh, do you have any red cards like any? Just like I've done a couple of throwaway cards that are only cool to me, do you have any red cards like that? I was gonna ask you nibbleheim a flame, nibbleheim a flame.
Speaker 1: Yep, there's all sorts of reasons why I like discard.
Speaker 2: I want to get nibbleheim a flame. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It goes right into my tralph deck. Okay, it does lots of damage. It's kind of a Chondre's ignition. Actually, I think it is exactly Chondre's ignition, except that has flashback. But it also has one of the.
Speaker 2: Big hold on. Let me let me give it a read red Red two sorcery. Choose target creature you control. It deals damage equal to its power to each other creature. Not player. Yeah, if this spell was cast from your graveyard, discard your hand and draw.
Speaker 1: Four, and then it's got flashback for seven. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, I don't hate that.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna stick that into to Ralph because that's what I'm doing anyway. And then in the art it's like the big iconic scene where Zephyroth has burned down Cloud and Tifa's hometown and he's like standing in the fire and he like turns around all epic, like, well, clouds all in all fucked.
Speaker 2: Up, a worse.
Speaker 1: I can't do nothing. I'm laying here, but I'm not dead somehow. Is he a wis Oh yeah, okay, oh yeah huge, he's a huge.
Speaker 2: Are people on the internet going to get mad at you for that?
Speaker 1: No, it's what happens. If you don't know that Cloud was a big wimp at that time in his life, then you haven't played the game, and you should be. It's a very fun game. But then he turns around and kind of gives him the like sinister eyes and like walks away into the fire. It's pretty cool, into the fire.
Speaker 2: Doesn't he get burned?
Speaker 1: No, because he's too bad. He's so emo that him not having a mom that loved him enough gives him protection from fire. Later on, he gains protection from radiation because his dad was mean to him.
Speaker 2: That doesn't whoa, that's fantastical. I know, I know what else? What else do you got for red?
Speaker 1: It's very fantasy. I like the little cactus guy Sabo Tender.
Speaker 2: Sabo Tender is a one a two to one for two with reach. Whenever a land you control enters, this creature deals one to each opponent. I actually might play that card.
Speaker 1: That's a cool card. I like that lots. It goes in lands decks and it's a funny little plant guy. There's reach for no reason.
Speaker 2: Because he's tall. There's a card. There's a card that does that, but it costs three mana. This costs two mana. Precisely, this is going to go into my lands deck and do me one less damage from ad Nazi land deck gets a little bit better. That's important.
Speaker 1: It's a good card.
Speaker 2: Did they definitely just rip off Sandworm from like twenty five different movies? Yes, okay, yes, that's all I needed to know.
Speaker 1: It's a terrible boss fight and final Fantasy five also Triple Triad. Baby, we're gonna talk about that one tomorrow for sure, not right now. Cripple Track, Well, that's gonna be good. I'm gonna tell you all about Triple Tryad on the show too. You're gonna be like, what the fuck is this all? That's what you're gonna say. As you're gonna say, I will point out Bart's and Boco because he's the only final Fantasy Vive character that got any love at all, and I think he's going to go into the the burb deck that they're sort of pushing for Commander, and I would say maybe for like Limitar or maybe Standard. Do you think they're pushing it hard?
Speaker 2: I have a bird deck and it's a Zorious and it's Guy here from Lord of the Rings. But now all bird decks should be Bant decks and they should have green in them, and that would make them better. And I go, ah, shucks.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about that on the show tomorrow too, about the guy. But I want to point out Barts and Boco because he's he's pretty cool and he's a good main character.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you like the ancient and Damn Man toys?
Speaker 1: A damn toys? I know that's a big tea coat's favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Turtle's he's eight twenty Yeah, eight twenty eight twenty still dies from overkill.
Speaker 1: For the record, yes, his overkill still kills him, Yeah, very much so. But he actually is pretty cool. There's all sorts of combos with him where you just just can't die.
Speaker 2: Just dumpster them, just take fricking to everybody's gonna fight him. He doesn't even care.
Speaker 1: Just prevent damage to him, and all of a sudden you're invincible.
Speaker 2: Yes, because he takes all your damas that's right. Yes, he put Pariah on him and then just like no, Paria makes him take all your damage. Yes, he already does that.
Speaker 1: He already does take all your Damage're gonna put something like protection from creatures or something on him and then unquestioned authority or indestructible.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one. Just yeah, for the record, overkill would still get him, Yes, because overkill still gets him, which is pretty good. I like that card. I like that card. Okay, what about artifacts?
Speaker 1: Should we talk about Jumbo Caactar again? No, he does do He does do ten thousand damage though, biggest creature in magic history.
Speaker 2: It's not even lots. He's a one seven. He isn't the biggest creature. I'm looking at what's printed on the card, a stupid mustache.
Speaker 1: Hang on this. We want to talk about my people. I want to talk about Quina Coo Gourmet because we are both friends and enemies because I think he is or she is, a frog, but she also likes to eat frogs.
Speaker 2: Oh that's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: But she also makes frogs. So if you make tokens, in addition to all of the tokens you made, you also get a frog.
Speaker 2: Kind of like shatter gang bang shatter. Yes, a squirrel guy, yes, except for frog.
Speaker 1: Just like that, except you make frog instead of squirrel. I think those I think I like cards like that. I do like cards like that. You make a treasure token and a frog.
Speaker 2: Peregrine took is like that too. You make token plus food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like things that do stuff like that because they go right into lots of different decks and usually it makes like a funny little token. And I hopefully I can find a frog token because I'm excited about that.
Speaker 2: Well, if there's frog tokens in a modern day set, they're going to give you one. You might have to make one.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh look out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, arties, got any arties because because all of like the fricking multicolored ones are legendary. Yeah, they're all legends, and they're like everyone.
Speaker 1: Hey, I think maybe yeah, everyone.
Speaker 2: And then everybody's talking about blitz ball. I think, right, add one to your manipool and you can sacrifice to draw two. But only if you if your was delt damaged by a legendary creature.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard anybody talking about it, but here they are. What's that ability called Ryan? Yeah, you walked right into that one. I was gonna let you a way. I was there, you go.
Speaker 2: I don't want to keep doing it.
Speaker 1: I like Buster sword. I think that's a cool one.
Speaker 2: It does follow the sword convention. Actually it doesn't.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't. For two, that's the same, that's the sword convention.
Speaker 1: It gives plus three plus two, which.
Speaker 2: Is it's a bigger sword. Look, it is very large.
Speaker 1: And then whenever a quip creature is combat damage to a player draw card, then you can cast a spell from your hand with man of value equal to or less than, or it's less than less than the damage adult for free.
Speaker 2: I don't hate that.
Speaker 1: That's pretty fucking good. It's a good card. Yeah, extended arts of those foil one hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because weep stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hastik weep his Buster sword.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I like how Okay answer me this, then we'll then we'll go to the real show. Okay, okay. There's a card called Excalibur two. Is that because it's called that? Or is it we already have a card called Excalibur and they fucking printed another one. I don't know the answer to this question.
Speaker 1: In actual Final Fantasy Lord, one of the best strongest swords you can get is Excalibur for the reasons that you are aware of, because King Arthur and all that. Yeah, yeah, then Excalibur two is one of the legendary fabled swords and it's in Final Fantasy nine and it's like Steiner's ultimate weapon. But there's also another sword called escalop Poor and it's like the worst sword you can.
Speaker 2: Get, excalib Poor. That's the one that we're.
Speaker 1: Right, that's probably the exact one that we would get. So, but it's a ship. Let's talk about this last one. I want to talk about this too.
Speaker 2: I want to equip my Parheli in two with my Excalibur two when it's vehicled.
Speaker 1: I want that to happen.
Speaker 2: Is that like for you?
Speaker 1: Is that like two sception Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, okay poopoo ufo. Yes, it wasn't two two U four then we'd have two and two and two and two.
Speaker 1: Oh you can use two ufo to poo poo on you. There you go. It's a flying zero four for two you can get already. You can tap it to put a land from your hand into play. Sure, that's neat, and then you can pay three intil end of turn. This creature has base power equal to the number of lands you have.
Speaker 2: Now, towns, towns you have? Oh, that's less good.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about towns tomorrows. Ok, we're gonna talk about them too. Yes, because there's a there's a they did that again. They've built a commander deck in the set, kind of like they did in Assassin's Creed. You have like here's the Assassin deck. They've done that here where I think that they were like, hey, we're sorry for taking away golos, but they're not really sorry. So we're going to give you this kind of less good analogue.
Speaker 2: Mmm. You know, I don't hate that. Yeah, I think that it provides a little bit of like they're telling you that this is the power level that you want, that they want you to play at, Like this is kind of what will be fun. Trust us, we know what we're doing. We're all professional game designers and magic players, and we care about it having fun because that's what is exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, So use what we're telling you, not what's banned.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't mind that, and I actually think that again. We'll talk about this more in depth tomorrow. If you know who we're talking about, you can be entered to win a CEO sticker pack huh, Ceco Token path or a plain little shit bag pack full of magic h Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if if you're watching on YouTube, which should be, you would see that I don't have my regular computer again, not because I forgot it, because the battery's dead and my phone over beside producer Gary charging, so I can't look up last week's winner.
Speaker 1: So we'll get you next week. We'll get you on the flip flop. All sorts of winners are gonna win. Now before we go, before we go to the real show, we do have to talk about one more thing because we might not have time tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Man, there's lots of towns.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, then we're gonna talk about that's more for sure. I just want to mention one thing just in case we don't have time. The Basics in this set. Yes, there's sixteen of them because there's one waste and there's three of each other. Basic type.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I really really like that each game got a basic I think that's cool. Remember we talked about on an preview and speculations show, how are they gonna do this? What are they gonna do for like the basics? And I think what they did was actually really really cool and the games that I'm really familiar with, I recognize all of these places for the games that I'm familiar with, Oh right, which is I think they a really good job. And I didn't have any idea at all what they were going to do, and they surprised me very pleasantly. And I wanted to give a shout out to the artists and the design team that did a very very good job. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that the lands look they look like magic lands and high fantasy lands, and they don't say like Fallout did this is Fallout except for that except for that one. Yeah, that one. That one actually says this is fallout to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the planes with the highway, Yes has fallout to me?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah. What what I mean is they don't say this is final Fantasy. These are your lands for your final fantasy. They don't say that to me. There's nothing saying like final Fantasy, New Vegas on it, you know what I mean? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just look like magic card lands.
Speaker 1: There's some cool lands like the Volcano. All play this with dragons because it's got volcanoes on it. I think that's neat. I just wanted to point those out because I forgot to do it every week up until now, so I'm gonna do it now while it's in my brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stop forgetting so much stuff.
Speaker 1: You can't do much brain damage, That's true. Jenny Concusso's Yeah, don't hit.
Speaker 2: Your heads kids, wear a helmet. Four ninety five. Man, we're getting Is that where we're at?
Speaker 1: That's where we're at.
Speaker 2: Hit our theme song Bird