Speaker 1: Here's your nine first winning weather forecast. Ninety three is gonna be our high today aby, sunny sky, partly cloudy over night. Down is sixty eight ninety three again tomorrow with partly cloudy sky, clouds over night down to sixty nine eighty five high Sunday, mostly cloudy and a chance and hopefully it comes true showers and thunderstorms. It's sixty four degrees right now. How about a traffic update from the uc.
Speaker 2: UP Traffic Center of the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is open, the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one, three, five eighty five. You see see see northbound four to seventy one. It's crawling out of Southgate to an accident at Memorial heading into the barrels. Only one lane gets by on the right southbound seventy five. That's the right lane that's blocked off at Mitchell and the exit ramp to Mitchell. Traffic is thinning out to get by, you can still exit. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the.
Speaker 1: Talk station, Talk Station, Happy Friday, Welcome back to the fifty five Carrise Morning Show. The man who created the Street Rescue Stolen Gun Recovery event. Charles Tassel, it's good to have you on the program. We got another event coming up, and wow, couldn't it come at a better time given these recent gun store robberies that are happening all over.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, thank you, Brian, happy to know it's You're exactly right, and that's exactly why we're doing it. Well.
Speaker 1: Remind my listeners the point of this. You aren't an anti gun organization necessarily. You're in partnership with the Baptist Ministries Association and the Progressive Baptist Church. The point of this is that they that the guns out on the street are quite often like a lending library. From the way you've described it before. There's like a gun, it's in a hidden location, and the gangsters or the bad guys or whoever knows where it is uses the gun on a temporary basis and then puts it back. So that's what we need to get rid of the illegal guns that are on the street.
Speaker 3: Are we calling community guns?
Speaker 1: Community gun that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it. And and you know, if somebody gets frissed and they have a gun on them, they go to jail. So the bad guys, it took them two seconds to figure that out. So they just hide the gun around the community and gain where they're at. And the problem is people in the community know where they're at, but there's kind of a little truspector of hey, let me go pick up this sketchy gun and bring it to a police officer or you know, then your fingerprints are on and everything else. So we set this up as a no questions asked opportunity to bring these bring these weapons in and sometimes we have you know, young ladies who have an ex boyfriend who's moved on, who's left something behind, and they're like, I don't know anything about this, I don't want it, I don't want it around me, I don't want to around my kids. So they'll they'll turn it in as well. And the whole point is is reduction of gun violence and not against guns. It's gun violence and really focusing on that piece of it. And that really kind of comes with the critical next step here, which is with these deaths that have occurred, there are over one hundred guns at the streets. These are new guns. A lot of them have been sold from what I'm hearing, very chiefly quickly, these these young teenagers did this and they're on the streets and people first thought, oh, I'm getting a deal on a gun whatever, and they and now they're realizing, oh, I've got stolen merchandise. They know, they know the serial numbers. So now I'm sitting on a fourth degree felony because I have possession of this thing. Yeah, so this is this is a way. And we're hearing from you know, we partnered with Gill Mallery a long time ago on this, and then the Baptist ministers they're hearing about this as well, and they're saying, look, we've got to get these out of community. There are people who have suddenly realized I'm you know, unbeknownst to me, I'm now in possession of stolen merchandise. I don't want the opportunity to get rid of it. So this is no questions asked atf police that now we're doing this. They're like, get the guns out of there, get those illegal guns back. We need to get them back to the rightful owners.
Speaker 1: Indeed, well, it's highly unlikely that I suppose a person who actually went and stole the committed the crime and stole those weapons will be turning it in. They're more likely to sell it. As you point out the recipient of the gun. Maybe in your home. You could be a homeowner. You have a son or even daughter. I suppose that got one of these guns. Maybe you know about it. You want to get rid of it. You don't want your child to be in trouble, but you know you don't want them to have a firearm either. That'd be a great thing, I guess, Charles. I'm worried about folks who don't have any familiarity with a handgun. And I'm thinking of handguns now, of course, but it could be a long gun too. But they don't want to even touch it. Maybe they don't know how to load or unload it. They're afraid. What about the status of the gun as loaded or unloaded. For those complete novices out there that know about where one of these might.
Speaker 3: Be, well, a couple of things. One We're happy to come pick it up, call us we can. We can address that side of it. We've done that a number of times and gone to folks's house. Hey, no problem, will take care of it. Safety is the first priority. As with any weapon, safety is always the first priority. But then the next step is this isn't really folks who you know, the kids who did the thefts, they're they're already in jail. This is about the hundred plus guns that hit the street because of their thefts, and people who unknowingly ended up in the situation where they're like, I am sitting on an illegal or you know, stolen weapon. How do I get rid of this? How do I become legal again? And that's really what we're focused on this time. You know, we're we're open to any community guns being brought in anytime, but really this is kind of a pressure relief stout for the community to go Let's let's go legal. Let's get these ones that we're stolen, get them turned in, and let's sake it. We get Yeah, there's this group of kids that lily stole cars, drove them into gun story. You know, they've got enough issues on their own. We don't need to add to it by putting a bunch of more people in jail and adding a bunch more fourth degree felonies out there on people.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'd rather have the gun off the street. That's what the police are in accord with this. It's better to get the gun off the street than to chase down felony four conviction. I completely agree with you on that. Now, what time is the event, where is it taking place? And is there a website where we can get the words spread out so I can put that on my blog page.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so on our Facebook site, which is Street Rescue. Since since the Street Rescue, we've got that posted up there. But it's six thirteen Prospect Place, which is Progressive Baptist Church in Cincinnati and it's right in writing area, right down off Reading Road, adam Dale. It's from ten am until one pm against Progressive Baptist Church or Progressive Missionary Baptist Church as they call it, six thirteen Prospect Place, and that's Saturday morning. You know, no questions asked, there's no cameras, there's no there's no gotches. Pastor Larry Holly is there and the Duchess ministers have spoken on this and are in unison on support of this, and this is the first time we've really partnered with them on this. And I will mention you mentioned about gun safety going on. We actually do provide gun safety training as well. Oh that's one and certificates of people you know, if somebody wants to get trained and says, you know, I've got something that I get rid of, but I also want to learn how to do it hand us correctly, properly. Absolutely, we fully support that.
Speaker 1: That's great. That is great because there are certainly a lot of legitimate reasons people might want a firearm to use for their own personal self defense, their home defense, and so that is gun safety is paramount importance in my life as well. All right, so get my listeners real quick here, Charles Tassel, and I can't thank you enough for doing this is such an important event. What have your numbers reflected over the years. How many guns have you gotten off the street through these rescue programs?
Speaker 3: Well, we've done over one hundred guns that come in over the years. And I don't even know how much ammunition we literally, you know, you get partial boxes ammunition that somebody has found, like I said, in a mailbox, you know, house that's been vacant and open, and those are brought in that Brian, I will always remember the first one I held. And there's a gentleman walking down the street with a shotgun on his shoulder. You over the rhine and I'm like, oh, this is really happening. Okay, And you know he says, this was found between two walls right inside this right inside the steak and building. Okay, not a problem. And you know, no questions asked. We take those in. And we've had a variety of types of weapons, everything from you know, BB guns that had the little orange tips removed. And I've had moms very concerned that you know, their their childhood, you know, snuck a gun in the house and all that too. You know, some larger weapons that were loaded and you know, stashed behind garbage scans kind of thing. So it's been We've seen all kinds of things come in and really it doesn't matter what it is. A bottom have. You know, sometimes they get serial numbers that are spread off them or ground off them. That's very common, no questions asked, bring it in, We'll take care of it. And like you know, when the serial numbers are off of those have.
Speaker 1: To be destroyed, absolutely, And it's one can only imagine the lives that have been saved by the the hundred or so guns you've already gotten off the street. So wonderful idea, The concept is great. Nobody knows asking questions. Just get it out, get it off the street, show up between ten am and one pm. Six thirteen Prospect Places, Saturday. Charles, thank you. You're always welcome on the Morning Shop to talk about this anytime it comes up. Anytime you're doing it again, you just get in touch with Joe and we'll talk about it and spread the word.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate you guys. Thank you very much, my pleasure.
Speaker 1: Keep up the great work. Seven fifty five KR see de talk station and get in touch with Peter Serbria Coloring seven Hills, number one real estate group in Cincinnati. Their mission is a five I have star experience for you and they will deliver. I know Peter Shabrie, I know his level of excellence, and I know the value that he brings to his clients. They are outstanding of what they do, the cream of the crop. So they're gonna help you when you're buyer's agent. They're gonna help you steer clear problems. They can identify things he might not crop up to you when you're looking at a home potentially you might want to buy, like okay, take into account this this and this seller's agent. They're gonna tell you everything you need to do to maximize the sale price of your home. And if you don't want to even go through the home selling experience, but you do want to sell your home, take a cash offer from the Shabri Group. Within forty eight hours of them seen your house, you have a cash offer I meaning as little as less than three weeks from today, you can be out of Dodge Gone by no problem, no showings and no investment in your home to maximize the sell price. They're great at what they do. They bring tremendous value. Seven zero eight three thousand dot com is where you find online to learn more about the team. Seven zero eight three thousand dot com. The number of course is five to one three seven zero eight three thousand, fifty five KRC dot com. Do you have an idea for an