Speaker 1: Now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tim Kamka mkay, Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. It's the twenty twenty four National League Championship Series. You're Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and the New York Mets.
Speaker 2: Tonight Game one of the best of seven series to see who will advance to the World Series. Jack Flaherty code I singer. The pitching matchup first pitch on this Sunday night from Dodgers Stadium is set for five point fifteen. Coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we got a lot to get to. You were gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Get his pregame thoughts will dive deeper into this Game one pitching matchup. Our Dodger insider David Basse will join us throughout the pregame show. He'll go one on one with Blake Trining, Dodger reliever who closed it out in Game five of the NLDS on Friday night. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we'll send it out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick monday Well. Friday night at the Reviem, the Dodgers prevailed in a must win Game five of the NLDS.
Speaker 3: What a setting it was.
Speaker 2: Dodgers padres, a sellout crowd that was on their feet. The entire game. Dodgers Stadium was electric. Yoshinobu Yamamoto got the start, and he was really good. A one two three first inning. He worked out of a two out walk in the second. The Dodgers offense knew it was gonna have its hands fulls with you Darvish on the mound for San Diego in the second two outs. Key k Hernandez wasted no time against.
Speaker 4: You Darvish deals Key K swings had said.
Speaker 5: Hi in the here deep left field, Deep K flips the back and puts the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Keick k her postseason player. What nothing gonna w.
Speaker 5: Key K stone cold as he crossed his home plate, looking to the Dodger stadium crowd gets the sunflower seats from taoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 3: It was a Hangar and Rick Monday, Keith Ga banged.
Speaker 2: It solo home run for a keyk, his first of the postseason, four hundred and twenty eight feet to left. Dodgers Stadium was rocket and that is the top tier play the game sponsored by Arco Quality top tier gas for last Dodgers with a one to nothing lead as Dodger Stadium was going bonkers in the third, Yamamoto got Fernando to tease Junior to ground into a double play that inning. The inning another one, two, three, fourth, then another zero in the fifth, Yamamoto gave way to the Dodgers' bullpen. They came in and dominated Evan Phillips and inning in the two thirds. Alex Vessi had got the final out of the seventh. In the bottom of the seventh, the Dodgers tacked onto their lead thanks to Taoscar Hernandez with the breadth of fresh air moment of the game.
Speaker 4: To one pitch, Hernandez place is on.
Speaker 6: What field way back.
Speaker 5: Tail Loo tathway up the pavilion, and that doubles the doctor leads HiT's two nothing.
Speaker 3: In the bottom of the seventh.
Speaker 2: Solo home run for Tao, his second of the postseason. Dodgers up two to nothing, and that's the breath of fresh air moment of the game presented by a Tara Mechanical. Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services in southern California, look no further than a Tara Mechanical. Your trusted partner, great people, their owners, Omar Brittany. Their service is more than just a solution, it's a breath of fresh air from the moment you call to the completion of your project. A Tara Mechanical delivers friendly on a service at a fair price. Dodgers up two to nothing. Michael Kopek got the eighth, put up a zero. Then in the ninth Blake tryning on in relief to close it out.
Speaker 3: Here's the pitch. Tanti swings chop it a third that can't pick by her non.
Speaker 5: There's the throw for fireworks go off and straight away center field. As the Dodgers shut out the Padres getten back.
Speaker 4: To back games.
Speaker 5: They are going to the National League Championship Series.
Speaker 3: Dodgers win.
Speaker 2: They beat the Padres two to nine to win Game five of the NLDS. They advanced to the National League Championship Series, and that's where we're at now, Game one from Dodgers Stadium to night Dodgers and New York Mets. Jack Flaherty code I singer the pitching matchup in the series opener. First pitch set for five point fifteen and with more we head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tim Kats, it's great to be with you again. The Dodgers stave off elimination twice against San Diego and move on to the Championship Series for the sixth time the last nine years. Rick Monday and we were talking as it came into the booth today. There's just a different feeling emotionally internally getting ready for a Game one as opposed to a winner go home Game four or winner take called Game five. But make no mistake, I mean this is the big This is a much bigger stage because the pennant is on the line year between the Dodgers and Mets.
Speaker 4: Steve and I think you hit upon a good point because from a player standpoint, you have to at least imagine in your mind that this Game seven of this series, not in Game one. You know, this is this is four out of seven, and you have to realize is that now it's magnified even more. The fewer mistakes, the better chance your team has to win a ball game. And how important is it to win game one? Well, you know we sow in this series against the Punders. Okay, the Dodgers won the first game, and say, well, the odds are when they win the first game of the best of five, the number one they are. And then San Diego won the next one. Well, now the odds change and because they're going back. Well, yeah, you can make everything that you want. As far as the numbers, the biggest number is is that these two ball clubs, the Dodgers on the third base side the Mets on the first base side, have earned the spots to be here, and one of these two teams. Let's put it in perspective, this isn't just a National championship series. This is a series to see who goes to the World Series. But you can't look to the World Series unless you win this one.
Speaker 7: So the Dodgers and Mets played six times during the year. The Dodgers won four of those six meetings. But as we talked about during the postgame show after the clincher the other night, Moll, you throw all of that homework out of the window. This is a totally different team that the Dodgers are facing. Since they left New York at the end of May, the Mets have been the best team in Major League Baseball. They are playing with some kind of magic, which is very weird because you know, you think Mets, you think cursed. Do you think how the fans are always waiting for something bad to happen. Well, it's been a lot of good things happening in clutch situations late for them, going back to Game one sixty one and Game one sixty two and then all the way through the first two rounds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely a totally different team. In fact, if we go back on the twenty ninth of May, the Dodgers finished the sweep of that series in New York. After the ball game, you might remember Lopez, their pitcher, He fired the glove into the stands as he was leaving the mound in frustration. At that point, on the twenty ninth of May, the New York Mets were eleven games out of first place. That was that team this Yeah, yeah, so I mean it's just one of those areas. This is a better team. They're playing better baseball and they come in. I mean, they're firing on all cylinders and they believe in themselves right now.
Speaker 7: So it'll be Jack Flaherty against Kodai Senga. The right hander who's their best pitcher last year, has been injured a ton this year. He's not fully stretched out, So the Mets are hoping for three to four innings from Senga before they go to a bulk guy Allah, the lefty David Peterson or the big right hander TYLRD McGill. But a lot of focus on the hometown kid, Jack Flerty. We'll talk more about him next time we chat with the TC.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Nelly, counting you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on It's shake He's Pizza parlor.
Speaker 3: What are your Shaky's Pizza?
Speaker 2: Check it and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. We're off and running here on Dodgers on Deck. Coming up, we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with our Dodger insider David Vasse. He'll go one on one with Blake Tron and we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next you're Otani rewind and we'll visit with Sports Net LA's Kirston Watson. We're leaning up to Game one of the NLCS Dodgers and New York Mets. I'm Tim Kates, Thanks for being with us. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Mets on this Sunday night Game one of the NLCS.
Speaker 3: Jack Flaherty and Code I Singa.
Speaker 2: The pitching matchup in this series opener first pitching Dodger Stadium is coming up at five point fifteen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind Well.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers beat the Padres on Friday night in Game five of the n l d S two Nothing the final show. Hey Otani, all eyes were on him every single at bat. He went oh for four, three strikeouts, but the Dodgers get the win. In Game five against San Diego, Tani and that nl d S four for twenty with a home run and four Ribby's Otani Rewind brought to you by Eto inns o oh Jo, Japan's number one Green Tea and the tea that showey Otani loves and drinks available at local Diso stores, Target and etoin dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it t O e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: And Kirston now joins us from Dodgers Stadium. Is we are leading you up to Game one of this NLCS and Kirston as we get ready for this opening game of this series. It's been forty eight hours since that emotional game five n l DS win over the Padres.
Speaker 3: It was a long.
Speaker 2: Series, it was an emotional series. How does this Dodgers team avoid the L word?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, you know, that's the biggest thing. And they have to kind of keep their foot on the gas. And that's been what the biggest conversation has been amongst whether it's Dave robertson some of the players, whether it's the players amongst each other. I think Max Unsei when he spoke to the media, he said that is.
Speaker 1: What their biggest focus.
Speaker 8: If you go back to twenty twenty one, they beat the Giants in five games, and they went on to Atlanta to play them in the NLCS. And yes, while Max was hurt, that was the year that he had blown out his elbow on the final game of the regular season, so he was watching from the dugout, but he was saying, the biggest thing, he realizes it just was kind of like, you know, they kind of took a step back in regard not that's why I like their mindset and approach, but just the emotions of it. Everything. They put everything into that DS series that it kind of was lacking in the Championship series. So the hope is to do the opposite of that, to kind of go in full throttle ahead. From talking to a few of the guys, they are they're ready to go, And I mean potentially they have the advantage of they just like you said, forty eight hours ago, they were playing in a baseball game. They had practiced yesterday, and they're back here today. They're in routine, the offense has gotten going, so hopefully they can use that to their advantage. But that is the biggest thing. It's just not having an area for a letdown, just to keep it going. Foot on the gas, full throttle ahead.
Speaker 3: Kirsten is brought to by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 2: The easiest way to get rid of your old car, donate it today in your car can be picked up tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Is that easy?
Speaker 2: Donate now Carsfourkids dot Org. That's Cars with the K Freddie Freeman the ankle. How's it going into this opening game of this series?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's out there tonight. We saw him out on the field doing some pregame work. Seems to be moving pretty well. The biggest thing for him is just what is it gonna look like in this series? Considering Okay, today, tonight's a night game, tomorrow's a day game. Then you're gonna go on the road for three street Like, is he gonna be able to post for every single day? They're gonna see you and they're gonna take it day by day with how he feels. Obviously they now are they have this options to move some guys around, which you've been seen in the first in the Division series, So that's what they're gonna be. The approaches is if he's out there amazing. If they can get him out there, they're gonna hope too the planets can get him out there for every game. But It really just depends on how his ankle is feeling. But Dave did say that it has been feeling progressively better, which is a good sign.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every day is a day farther away from what initially heard it and day to get better as the Dodgers continue to move forward. Kirston, we appreciate it. We will check in with you after the game. Still to come. Here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this Game one pitching matchup. David vat Say goes one on one with Blake Try and he closed it out on Friday night against the Padres. But up next we're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: Get his Game one thoughts.
Speaker 2: As we lead you up to Dodgers and Mets Game one of the National League Championship Series first pitch at five point fifteen, I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on the Sunday nine. As we lead you up to first pitch from Dodgers Stadium. It's the Dodgers in New York Mets, Game one of the National League Championship Series. Marengo Casino Resort and spa a Grand Slam for good times. Jack Flaherty goes for the Dodgers code. I singa on the mound for the Mets first pitch coming up at five point fifteen. Let's head back out to Dodger Stadium now and check in with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 9: Anything else with Dave?
Speaker 3: Do you think the questions for Dave?
Speaker 4: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 9: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 3: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: When you switch from one series to the next this quick? Did you spend more hours in the last twenty four in meetings or sleeping?
Speaker 11: Combo? Certainly a combo, you know, it's one of those things that you relish, the idea of not sleeping a whole bunch because you have an opportunity to continue to play on. But I'm fortunate that I've got a great group of people around me as far as on the pitching, run prevention side, the hitting side. The front office is grinding to kind of make sure everyone's on the same page, so I do make sure I get my rest. Though.
Speaker 10: Does this feel similar to twenty one when you guys went from the Giant series to Atlanta? Like obviously the travel components out of it, But is there anything you learned from that experience that kind of applies to this week.
Speaker 11: That's a fair question.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I think that with all things, you learn from past experiences, and I think the takeaway is you can't let down your guard or get off the gas. It was an exhausted, exhausting series going back to twenty one to kind of beat the Giants and then to get on and play on against the Braves, and so I don't really know where my our headspace is at at that point in time, but I do know that we've got to push on and keep the momentum, play with that same urgency and get caught up in It's a seven game series like that just can't happen. So I think that that's one thing that we're very mindful of. What a Bill Thirder in the middle.
Speaker 12: Dave Walker Bueller has not been in today, so I take that as a sign he's not pitched until Game three and tomorrow will be a bullpen game, Am I wrong?
Speaker 11: Well, that's that's a good thought. That is a possibility. I think for us is we're just kind of honestly, we're trying to figure out the best way to win tonight, and I do feel that after tonight it will open things up as far as Game two, in game three, you know, if tonight ends up being an exhaustive bullpen game, then that could change things. If it goes the way we expect, then maybe your thought becomes comes to pass. So we'll see.
Speaker 12: And how difficult were the roster decisions with Miguel and Bessie was pretty easy.
Speaker 11: We just didn't feel it is even a possibility for Alex to pitch this series. I think he's still in play if we are fortunate enough to get to the World Series. With Mickey, it was tougher, I think in the sense of he's obviously a huge part of our ball club. He's playable, But I think we just as an organization felt that what he brings to the table as far as elite shortstop defense, we just feel right now, physically he's a little bit more compromised that that can't be brought to the table.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down the dugout pregame before Game one of this NLCS, brought you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts wins in the playoffs by being ready for anything. If you want your contracting business to succeed, you need to be ready to Let's Service Titan help you be prepared. Service Titans dot Com. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check again with David Vasse as we're leading you up to first pitch from the Ravine Dodgers and Mets Game one of the NLCS. I'm Tim kateson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on TACH on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Mets Game one of the NLCS.
Speaker 3: From Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 2: Jack Flaherty on the mound Code I Singa goes for New York.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at five point fifteen.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Tex. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: And David Vassa now joins us from the stadium. David this stadium are ready to erupt yet again after the Game five NLDS on Friday night, a big crowd expected.
Speaker 3: But before we.
Speaker 2: Get to the setting here of this Game one, the Dodgers doing a little roster shuffling for this Championship series.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and it's not because they're looking for a matchup advantage. It's injury related. Miguel Rojas, who obviously was dealing with a left adductor groin issue for the second half of the season, is off the NLCS roster and he's been replaced by veteran outfielder Kevin Kirmeyer. He'll be a left handed bat for the Dodgers coming off the bench, and also possibly a defensive replacement in center field lad in games. Kermeyer, as you know, has already decided to retire at the end of this season, whenever that may be, so I know he's relishing this opportunity to be part of the NLCS roster.
Speaker 9: As far as.
Speaker 13: Alex Vesia goes, he also is off the NLCS roster, and I'm not sure if he'll be able to be on the World Series roster if the Dodgers make it. Tim you remember in Game five of the NLDS, he was able to get his outs in the seventh inning, and then the Dodgers asked him to come back out for the eighth inning, which is not unusual, But as he was warming up for that eighth inning, he felt something on his right intercostal area.
Speaker 9: It turns out it's a strain.
Speaker 13: So Alex Vesia is out for the NLCS and the Dodgers have added Kenny Powers aka Brent Honeywell to their NLCS bullpen, and Honeywell served a purpose for the Dodgers in the regular season. He was staying ready. We'll see how the Dodgers use him if they need to use him. Obviously, there is going to be a bullpen game during part of this NLCS, whether it's one game or two games.
Speaker 9: You would imagine Landonnak.
Speaker 13: And Brent Honeywell would be able to be part of that bullpen or two bullpen games. So he adds length to that Dodger bullpen in a seven game series.
Speaker 3: David has driven by four.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like its choices, find yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this mark, it'd only be called f one fifty all right. This matchup against the Mets, who struggled during the regular season, got hot in September. David, what do we expect from this Mets team in this series?
Speaker 13: Well, I reached out to a couple of managers that saw the Mets while they were riding this magic carpet ride, and they said, the biggest reason why the Mets are here in the NLCS is because they have taken veteran like at bats, and of course it's led by their shortstop and MVP candidate Francisco Lindor, who really propelled them not only during the second half of the season, but also in this postseason. Remember the Mets started their October run playing a double header for one hundred and sixty two game season in Atlanta, and from there went to Milwaukee and then from there went to Philadelphia. So the only time they've been in their own beds is during this period of time they've been waiting for the NLCS to begin. But really it goes back to veteran quality at bats, which has given them opportunities to come up with some timely hitting. Today it's going to be Jesse Winker, who has come up big for the Mets as their DH JD Martinez, the former Dodger, has been struggling. He will be on the bench, and I'm not sure how many times we'll see JD. Because there aren't too many lefties in this Dodger rotation and certainly not in that bullpen.
Speaker 2: Dave, how does this Dodger team not have an emotional letdown forty eight hours ago, the emotional win against the Padres in Game five and then come back and play a series opener tonight.
Speaker 13: Well, we saw it in twenty one, right after the Dodgers played a five game series, beat the Giants in a very emotionally charged series similar to the one they just finished with the Padres, and next months, he was in the interview room earlier today and talked about how the Dodgers have to fight an emotional letdown.
Speaker 6: You know, I think the first thing is we got to keep our fire and our intensity from the last series. You know, that is something that I've seen in the past where we've won a big series and then you move on to the next one and you almost kind of let your guard down a little bit. And so the biggest thing for us immediately is we got to keep our fire in intensity.
Speaker 13: Look, this is the NLCS. There's a lot of guys on this team that really fought in that NLDS to be able to propel the Dodgers to this point. So I don't see an emotional letdown. Too many guys getting their first taste of this with the Dodgers, including sho hey Otani and taoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 2: I know the Dodgers are ready to go and the crowd is ready to go as well. DV appreciate it. We'll check back with you in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you'll go one on one with Blake trying it. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers magical moment. It's the Dodgers and match Game one of the NLCS.
Speaker 3: First pitch at five point fifteen.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kaans's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it's Morongo because you know, Dodgers on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Game one of the NLCS, Dodgers playing host of the New York Mets. Jack Flaherty CODEI singa the pitching matchup in this series opener, first pitch from Dodger Stadium, coming up at five point fifteen.
Speaker 9: Not a ball game without hot Dog, who went to hot cut.
Speaker 1: It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. Di's Magical presented by Hawfey Hot to Hops.
Speaker 2: We go back to October thirteenth, twenty eighteen, Yes, six years ago today, Dodgers in Milwaukee taken on the Brewers. It was Game two of the NLCS. Dodgers were down three to two in the eighth indied when Justin Churner changed all that.
Speaker 9: Two balls had no strikes.
Speaker 4: Taylor leads from first.
Speaker 9: Jeffers deliveries flyball to left.
Speaker 4: It's on its way and it is gone a.
Speaker 14: Home run for just Turner When they needed a home run the most, they turned to Turner a two run shot and the Dodgers take a four to three lead.
Speaker 2: Red turn two with the two run home run off Jeremy Jeffries in the eighth inning to give the Dodgers a four to three lead over the Brewers. They go on and win Game two of the twenty eighteen NLCS. Six years ago today. This Hofey Magical Moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, a so Cal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Haffey hot Dogs. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in with Rick Monday and David Vesse as we lead you up to first pitch Game one of the National League Championship Series Dodgers and Mets. I'm sim Katsus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network, this.
Speaker 1: Loronzo Casino, Dodgers on Todgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Good game one of the Nationally Championshimp Series Dodgers and the New York Met Jack Flaherty CODEI singer the pitching matchup coming up will dive deeper into these numbers. Rick and Steven will have the key to the game. Right before first pitch. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zench handcrafted Sushi made fresh daily on side, pickup Delicious Sushi before or after the game, and roups and other local supermarkets near the deli counter.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basse. Here's LA Dodgers Broadcaster and world Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 13: Well, the NLCS was Rick Monday stage in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 9: He hit the biggest home run.
Speaker 13: And Championship Series history for the Dodgers, sending them to the World Series in nineteen eighty one. Rick up, what does it take to be able to perform on this stage? And I am honored to be here with you today.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, you have to have a team around you that gets you to this level. I mean, here's the deal. One of these two teams is four victories away from being in the World Series. I mean, so you start to think way back in spring running at Campbell Back Branch, Glendale, what was the overall move? What was the goal? Well, the goal was to get into a position right here so you can win four more games and get to that World Series. And there's a lot that's obviously. This is fun. It's tense, There's no question about it. If we were not tense, it wouldn't mean that much to us. So, yeah, it's fun, but we're going to see what happens. Fasten your seatbelts, folks.
Speaker 13: It seems like this has been an unusual postseason, especially with the way starting pitchers have been used and the effectiveness or lack thereof where teams are going to the bullpen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we start to look now interesting notes that were kind of passed along to me earlier today. If we look at so far the postseason games, the starting pitching has barely worked more than the relief and this is with just about every team. So you know, we're going to find out what happens in tonight's ballgame. For Code I Singa, he's starting for the Mets. He only made one regular season start. He made a short start also in postseason this year, so it figures he'll be there as at forty five or fifty pitches. Don't really know Avery Jack Clarity getting to start well local product. How many times in Jack's backyard did he think about, Hey, Dodger Stadium, which was his team that did related for get the postseason play and now a chance to help his ball club and now with the Dodgers a chance to get to the World Series.
Speaker 13: It's really incredible because Jack flaerty led Harvard Weslake to the CIF championship and he pitched a one nothing game and drove in the only run right here at Dodgers stadium, Rick and being a guy from Santa Monica High School, I think you could relate to playing and winning a World Series with this team.
Speaker 9: I think you have some experience.
Speaker 4: There's been a little bit of experience, no question about that. But you know, the offense, I think is the is the big thing? Defensively? Is there one sign versus the other of these two ball clubs? Not really certain what's going to to take place. You know, with Miguel Rojas not available in this series, that takes away some defensive you know, positivity if you will. With the Dodgers, though Tommy Edmonds played himself very very well. We'll take Shorts South for a beat tonight. And in center field, and speaking of center field, you've got her and Anders who you know, he turns on the lights the right is so far in his career when you get the postseason played, he's already shown that in that series against the Pungres.
Speaker 13: Cretain players that reputations that are made in October, you're one of them. And keith Y Hernandez seems to be making a reputation for himself.
Speaker 4: There are some of us that handle you know, not all the time, but you're able to handle situations. And again here I mentioned this in the series against pungrees. It's difficult to slow things down because there's so much at stake, every every throw that you're making, every swing to check, thank every ball that you try and feel you want to do it in a hurry, But this is the spot that you need to slow things down. It's much easier to say than it is to do. But there's some interesting comments that have been made all around baseball to begin with, and I look at the guy that you know is running along with sho hey Otani for most valuable player in the National League, that being Francisco Lindor, who's going to lead things off for the Mets into a nice ball game. Interesting comment that he made, asked about this series and ask about the season. Here's his quote. I want to win it all. I want to be a team that comes back every ten years and they eat for free everywhere that they go.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's a pretty great feeling.
Speaker 4: You can relate to that as a motivation he's going for. So it's one was saying, But there's a lot that's been said. What I do like is that there's no chalkboard stuff. Well, that guy said this, and that guy said, this is about baseball, and I think Los Angeles in New York. This is a fitting stage, if you will, for from Major League Baseball and for the fans on both coasts.
Speaker 13: Hey, when I was a kid, to be at Dodgers Stadium for the nineteen eighty eight NLCS would have been a dream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody took me.
Speaker 9: Rick, so here I am for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's stuck with me. You're gonna talk to Man Ramirez also on your social media, but you'll have some comments from him also on the postgame show.
Speaker 13: Man Blake Trining will be our pregame guest as well. Big member of that Dodger bullpen.
Speaker 4: You're working strong here in postseason affect.
Speaker 13: Rick Monday, Manny Ramirez and Blake Trinon. That's a good day.
Speaker 4: Is our time up?
Speaker 13: Well, yes, they said the same thing. It's becoming a trend. We'll send it back to you, Tim.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, DV, thank you, Mow, Dodgers fans and hans. You're listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD.
Speaker 3: Take it with you on the go.
Speaker 2: It's crystal clear on your bubble device, your tablet, your computer in your car, all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitcheet matchup.
Speaker 3: Keys to the game are still to come up.
Speaker 2: Next Zough, we go high and tight with a man who closed out Game five of the NLDS. Dodger reliever Blake Trining Dodgers met It's Game one of the NLCS. First pitch from Dodgers Stadium set for five point fifteen. I'm Tim katesis Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and New York Mets Game one of the NLCS from Dodgers Stadium. Jack Flaherty and Code I Singa the pitching matchup. First pitch is coming up at five point fifteen. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, one place to go Children's Hospital, Los Angeles. They're ranked number one in all of California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at CHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast building insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 13: I wouldn't want to be with anybody else before Game one of the NLCS, A proud new papa and also a guy that has been a big part of the Dodger bullpen so far in October and this regular season, the one and only Blake Trining.
Speaker 9: I'm not lying. This is how I feel.
Speaker 15: I'm grateful for the nice introduction you just gave me, but can you be authentic one time?
Speaker 9: What do you mean? That's how I feel?
Speaker 16: Not one other person in this world you'd rather talk to right now?
Speaker 13: Well, I got a hug for Mookie Betts and now I'd rather talk to you right now.
Speaker 16: See in the moment's on it. The real person wants to talk to people is Mooie best. But don't we all? That's you all have to settle for me. We'll make it work.
Speaker 13: Oh, come on, you were a hard man to fined. After that clinching victory, everybody wanted a piece of Blake trying.
Speaker 15: No, they didn't. I was, I was trying. I was trying to be out here with my friends and family.
Speaker 9: I saw you on national TV.
Speaker 16: Maybe I don't I don't know where to go. Hey, what questions you got? Let's go, Dad, what do you got. I'm I'm glad, I'm here with you.
Speaker 9: Let's go.
Speaker 15: Let's's it's a hot take, Like, all right, serious, five minute question, let's go.
Speaker 13: Since you are a football fan, you always hear about group beings of football teams, special teams, offense, defense. Is there such a thing as that on a baseball team? Is the bullpen a different like group of the rest of the team that embodies everything else? I mean, it feels like you guys are different down there.
Speaker 16: Yeah, there's units. You know.
Speaker 15: It's like I kind of view it as like you know, the military, there's different branches and we're all pulling on the same rope and going to war for the same common goal. So you know, we're our own unit in the bullpen, but we're still pulling the same string as like our position players and our starting pitchers. So you probably can say there's your core three. Yeah, you know, I don't know. I don't know if guys who come off the bench on a regular basis versus you know, everyday starters, if they're the ones that are kind of viewed as like the bullpen of the dugout or I don't know how they view it, but like I just viewed it all as like offense. And then we've got our starting pitchers in us and we all just collectively try to pull together, but we have our own things we need to focus on so that we can be the best version of ourselves.
Speaker 9: How would you describe that group of relievers?
Speaker 16: Dogs? Dogs? Just a bunch of dogs, a bunch of dogs. So, yeah, it's trying to be loud there dogs. Yeah, we're a bunch of warriors down there.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 15: We've had a lot of guys that have gone through some stuff throughout the year. Obviously, there's no perfect stretch or very seldom is there a perfect stretch in a full season for a picture. I think Vestie is probably the closest that we had this year, but everybody else has picked each other up. Hudson what he did this year coming back from you know, two knee injuries over the last year and a half or two years, relea since twenty two, right, so, and having the year where he posted and put up sixty plus appearances and innings and Evan, you know, being Evan, you know he's been he faces the heart of the lineup every time he's out there and does such great things for us swinging miss stuff and as a whole we down there have done a great job, you know. And Bardo talking to us about it is when our name is called, trust our preparation and don't try to be careful, go out there and just be you know, on the offense, like try to try to enforce your will and.
Speaker 16: Your game plan.
Speaker 15: And yeah, I think we believe so much in each other that there's an accountability that is rarely seen as deep as it is down there, Like from top to bottom, everybody holds each other accountable.
Speaker 16: So that's what's nice.
Speaker 13: Blake Trenton is our guest in front of first pitch of the NLCS. So much attention has been given to you guys now, but we've seen it all regular season long. How much pride did you guys take and what all of you accomplished in Game four and what's ahead of you in the NLCS.
Speaker 15: Well, I think we're really just you know, satisfied with you know, not giving in that last series. You could have easily, you know, taken a turn for the worse when the Padres had a really good offensive output against us, and was it game two, game two?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 15: Yeah, you know, they answered, they answered back after you know, we had a really good team winning game one. It's not easy staring down you know, a tend to win or whatever it was and or a loss for us. But uh, you know, think the biggest thing is, you know, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how you win, or it could be a one run, one run victory or you know, a ten run victory, but the end of the day, as long as we have more wins than they do at the end of the series.
Speaker 16: That's really the goal.
Speaker 15: So not getting caught up in that, I think our team did a great job of, you know, going right back to what we do best, and that's focusing on the next day and and attacking each situation that we have.
Speaker 16: And we didn't.
Speaker 15: We didn't let you know, having a loss like that dictate the momentum.
Speaker 16: Uh. And you know they did win the sex the next game.
Speaker 15: But you know there's one inning that really kind of bid us, and that's really the one inning outside of Game two that they they did anything, and that's a really talented team. So for our guys to stay focused and and lock and lock in and execute on the pitching side of things, starters, relievers, and uh, the game game plan prep from our you know, our our game planners.
Speaker 16: It's a pretty pretty cool overall team.
Speaker 15: Like series win because that's a very talented team and it's going to be a dog fight for the division for probably the foreseeable future.
Speaker 16: So yeah, as a fun series.
Speaker 13: Blake Trinan is our guest. I mentioned at the beginning that during this playoff run, the trinin family added one more. It grew by one during the off day of the last NLDS. This has got to be such a special month for you. How did you balance all of that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 15: Even before, Yeah, we welcomed Quinn to the world on the tenth and it was really special. I mean, the more kids you have, I feel like, the more you just appreciate those little moments. Early on you're just trying to survive and figure out life as a parent, and the more you have you're like, oh, it's not like I can enjoy these moments a little better. My wife and I just have kind of laughed about it because she's such a sweet little baby, and our kids are so enthralled with being involved. Just only two or three days into it now and like awesome, what is today's date?
Speaker 16: Thirteenth? Yeah, okay, so yeah, day three of it.
Speaker 15: You know, like our whole family is just enthralled with being either big sis, big brother, and and Katie just you know, soaking up the moments of being a mom again so well again but like of a newborn so uh yeah. And you know, I just grateful for my family and having the opportunity to be with them. You miss them a lot when this game has so many like cool moments that you that you live for, that you that you prepare for and you get to experience by the grace of God.
Speaker 16: How to give my wife credit.
Speaker 15: I know I'm long winded here, I'm sorry, but I gotta give my wife, you know, a huge shout out.
Speaker 16: I hate saying shout out.
Speaker 15: This is such a more endearing term that I'm looking for, but she, you know, has was so great at just saying, you know, go go be a part of the playoffs, thank you for being here, and thank you Dodgers for letting my husband come back. Because she should be focused on our family and celebrating the life of our daughter and not so much baseball first. And it's a hard thing as a husband to see, but you know, we've we kind of understand the lifestyle a little bit, but we're grateful that it worked out in the best way possible.
Speaker 13: Thank you to Katie Trenton for being a great mom and also a great woman, all star mom to be able to handle all that and support our man to be able to come out and help the Dodgers win a world series. Blake Trennon, I love sharing who you are. I really do appreciate sharing who you are. You're a great guy. You're an amazing person to be able to focus on your family but give everything you have during this time of baseball. So congratulations and a blessing to you guys.
Speaker 16: Thanks man.
Speaker 15: I mean, Dodgers invested me and my family and we just want to do the best we can to out bless them, you know. So They've given us a lot and we're trying to outdo it for them and the fans and my teammates.
Speaker 16: So yep, just doing what I can.
Speaker 13: Doing all he can, striking out guys, delivering babies and all in while keeping his hair perfect and that goatee soul patch im maculate.
Speaker 9: Thanks a lot, Blake.
Speaker 16: Thanks for making it awkward.
Speaker 13: We'll send it back to the studio. There is the man, a great guy, Blake tryning all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: DV Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com. We are leading you up to first pitch from Dodgers Stadium, Game one of the National League Championship Series. It's the Dodgers and Mets up next. We'll dive deeper into this Game one pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Matt's Game one of the NLCS coming up, all the pregame festivities, winding down National Anthem. First pitch at five to fifteen, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California. Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off rooting dreams into a reality in the all new twenty twenty four Tacoma See you or Toyota Dealer Today, they make it easy code. I Sing on the Mound thirty one year old right hander out of Japan. Second season in the Big Leagues last year, was an All Star in his first season, made twenty nine starts two ninety eight er right but injuries hampered him this year, a shoulder injury than a calf injury. He made two starts all year one in the regular season, that was July twenty six, and then he got a start in the NLDS against the Phillies. Win two winnings, allowed one run, one hit a home run to Kyle Schwarber before being taken out of the game. He'll be on a pitch count tonight about forty to forty five pitches as again, He's made just two starts this year. He faced the Dodgers once last season as a rookie in the Big leagues. Jack Flaherty on the Mound, twenty eight year old right hander, acquired at the deadline from the Tigers, made twenty eight starts during the regular season, ten with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: He got the starting game two of the NLDS.
Speaker 2: He made one start against the Mets in his career twenty nineteen, when he was with the Cardinals, five and a third innings, four runs on six hits, eight strikeouts in a no decision. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Eto wins Oiocha, Japan's number one Green Sea and the Tea the show Hey O Tony Loves and drinks available local Diiso stores, Target and Etowin dot coment's it o e n dot Com. Dodgers Mets. We are fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 3: Keith in the game. Our next. I'm sin Kasas Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Game one of the NLCS. All the pregame festivities have wrapped up. Introductions along the first and third base lines, national anthem. As we get ready for the Dodgers and Mets, Jack Flaherty code, I singa the pitching matchup. First pitch just minutes away Dodgers fans enhances your listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app. Listen to the game in AHD. It's all powered by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. All right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth. Steven Nelson Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, it's the Dodgers and Mets in the Championship Series. Hmm, that sounds familiar. Nineteen eighty eight the last time they met in the LCS. They've met two times since then in the post, but both those mo win the division series. But you think back to eighty eight, of course, the Mets they won one hundred games, they were the heavy favorites against the Dodgers. They beat the Dodgers ten of eleven times in that regular season. So in a way, it's a bit of a role reversal heading into twenty twenty four. But as we talked about previously, none of the regular season really matters. It's two totally different clubs from when they met in May. So what are you looking forward to the most here?
Speaker 4: In Game one? I think, first of all, how long the starting pitchers go. And if you look at the Dodgers and the footprint that they have already in the of the series against the pres How often are we going to be seeing bullpens by a committee? And speaking of the Dodgers' bullpens, I don't know how you can improve upon it. They weren't good. They were absolutely superb in that series against San Diego, and how much they're going to be called upon in this series we are going to be finding out. Even thing also that Dave Roberts addressing the factor is hey, look, he was asked the question, hey, single may only go two or three innings, how does that affect your ball club? And if we look at the lineup, KK Hernanuz is in the lineup playing in center field. The reason well, first of all, he's earned it the big home run in Game five against the Pondres. But also if they do bring in the lefty and that's perceived what it's going to be, that's a good situation to have Hernandez in that lineup and he's batting the seven spot.
Speaker 7: So from a talent standpoint, the Mets different than the Padres. I'm not going to say better or worse, because again, like you throw the paper stuff and the roster out the window. But one thing we can say definitively is that the starting rotation for New York much more lefties for the Dodgers to face. That will be Sean and I the Game two starter, and presumably at some point the veteran Jose Kintana, not to mention bulk Eye David Peterson, who were probably going to see tonight, and that bodes well for the Dodgers because they're very comfortable facing left yeah.
Speaker 4: And for the Mets, they are not like the Pondres. They don't have five guys the lineup can go deep all the time. They have guys that can hit the ball out of the ballpark, but their ball club is really designed to get on base. If they can get the extra base, fine, they're gonna try and force the issue. They have a ball club that is very dynamic. And the Dodgers know exactly they have their hands full. The Mets know they have their hands full with the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Yes, the Mets again, they know Sean Na starting Game two. The Dodgers have not officially announced what's gonna happen in Game two because it's all dependent on Game one. In Jack Flaherty, Dave Roberts said, the hometown kid is built for the moment. Wasn't great against San Diego. Let's see how he is tonight, trying to get the Dodgers on the board first in this best of seven National League Championship Series. The winner going to the World Series.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, guys, Dodgers Mets. First pitch is next. After the game, David vad says, got you covered with all the postgame reaction. This again the fourth time the Dodgers of Mets have squared off in the postseason. Twenty fifteen NLDS Mets won the series in five games, two thousand and six NLDS Mets won the series in a three game suite, and of course, the nineteen eighty eight National leagu Championship Series. Tonight in Game one twenty twenty four NLCS, the fifth time these two teams have squared off in the postseason. Jack Flaherty code, I singer the pitching matchup, first pitch when we return, Let's go Dodger fans enjoy it. I'm Tim Katz has been Moronggo Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network