Speaker 1: And I just turned around and I call ass out of there.
Speaker 2: I was done.
Speaker 1: I wasn't dealing with them.
Speaker 3: The hypocrisy of the cult is one of the things that turned me away the quickest.
Speaker 1: When I turned my head lights on, it turned and looked at us. And one of the things I remember the most, where the eyes were going red. I see an orb of light. It is just circling these steps like it is waiting for me.
Speaker 3: And he begins to tell them that he saw a UFO.
Speaker 1: They're basically like, what are you talking about. That's seven foot up on a tree, peeking around it, and that's where I saw the.
Speaker 3: Top of the muzzle, nose and the eyes. As soon as I made eye contact with this thing, I don't like death.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Tenfoil tells. I'm your host, Braindon Wright. Now we're going to be joined by my guest, Amanda. Amanda is a local Indiana resident not too far from my area. Met her a couple of years ago some of the paranormal conventions we got going on around here, but one of the things she mentioned was about twenty plus years ago she had an incident. It's not too far from where I've been looking into some of the strange activity. It kind of struck with me that she actually saw something that kind of goes in line with a lot of the weird stuff over around with this cineval area. So I wanted to have her on here today and talk to her a little bit about it. But before we bring Amanda on, you've ever had an experience and you'd like to be on an episode of tenfoil tels, you can send an email to tenfoil Tals podcast at gmail dot com, or you can go to tenfoiltal dot com and go to the contact section. Either way it works for me. Is just make sure to reach out and get a message to me and we will get something scheduled for a future episode. If you'd like to help the podcast out, please continue to share it around. Word of mouth is the best way of helping the podcast out. You can also leave a five star ratied interview wherever you listen to tenfoiltels at It helps with the algorithms. If you're like me and you don't like hearing all the ads on the episodes, you can check out the Patreon. You get exclusive content, early access to all the episodes, and they're all ad free. To two months early. It's only one dollar ninety nine cents a month, so it's worth checking out if you do not enjoy hearing all the ads. I do have some merch available too, so make sure to reach out to me, and finally, make sure to follow around on all the social medias. We're ready to go ahead now and dive into the conversation with Amanda, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. I'd like to take this time to welcome my guest at studio today, Amanda. Thanks for coming out here and talking with me.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Would you like to let the audience know a little bit about yourself?
Speaker 3: Sure. I'm Amanda. I come from a small town in Indiana. I am a paranormal investigator for shadow Seekers Paranormal and I'm also a head facilitator for the UFO and Alien Existence in Peru.
Speaker 1: Which I thought was strange we had one in Peru because it is a little Peru. But I think that's how we first met. I may have met you at the Pair Unity event a couple of years ago. Yeah, we met, But I'm very bad with names, so I see faces like, oh, I recognize that person, but I don't know their name. So there's been people that have come up to me before out and walking around, They're like, hey, how you doing. I was like, Oh, what's up, buddy? So if I call you buddy, it's because I don't recognize you. I don't know your name. But you had mentioned to me before that you'd had experiences or whatever. And one of the things that always stuck out to me is something you said you'd seen on your way to work one morning before we get into that, Like, was this something that you've ever been interested in prior to that event? I know you do a lot of research with paranormal Yeah, was this kind of what sets you into that days are re interested in beforehand?
Speaker 3: Actually, no, long star, very short. How I got into the paranormal, I would say as I had a personal experience as a child when my grandfather passed away. I was six, and he came to me in a dream as he was passing I would say passing through, because from what I remember from my dream, we were in some kind of light that it was really bright, and we were the only ones there, and I just remember him telling me that he loved me and and he had to go, but he would keep watch over me and that I couldn't go with him.
Speaker 1: Mhm.
Speaker 3: And that's always stuck with me because when I woke up and I was I believe I remember correctly, I was in I was in the hospital as this was happening, but not in the not in the room with me. I was like in like the waiting room or whatever it was. And I remember my mom taking me up and telling me that my palal had I went to heaven and I was really confused.
Speaker 1: Now I can relate to that my not going into it too much, but my wife's grandfather passed away, so my kids they were all actually there when it happened, so they all got to see that. So I hope it doesn't cause things for my youngest ones or whatever because they were so young at this point, I don't think they remember. For the older ones, they pretty upset by it and obviously my wife being in there, but very emotional, dramatic experiences for everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's rough for me.
Speaker 1: Luckily I haven't had to.
Speaker 3: Go through that, so yeah, I would. I would say that's where my paranormal journey kind of started because I was young, didn't understand what was going on, and I've been basically been afraid of death ever since.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, the thing you saw, if you'd like to dive into that, then afterwards we can talk about some of the weird paranormal stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay. Cool. So I worked third shift and I was on my way to work one night. I was going downstair Road nine between mary And and Huntington, and I was by myself.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I'm one of those people that if there's no cars around or whatever, I'm going to have my high beams on because i can't see in the dark. So I'm just driving down the road like any other night, and I seen this strange thing in the road, in the middle of the road. And it at first, you know, like being how I am at least, you know, like when you first see something in the road, you think, oh my god, it's a deer or something, you know, But this was no deer. This thing that I saw, it was at least maybe seven to eight foot tall. It was huge, it was very skinny and thin, like everything about it was just like i'd say, like stretched out. I'm only seeing the back of it and it's just walking down the road. And I'm confused about this because I've never I mean, how can you see anything like that? Like that's just it's just not fathomable. I mean, it's it was a little crazy. And so I remember sticking, like sticking my head out the window to kind of make sure like my eyes aren't playing tricks on me or you know. And that was a dumb thing to do because obviously, you know, you're going down the road fifty five sixty miles an hour, you know, in your eyes start watering. So I'm like, well, that was stupid. So I you know, pull my head back in the window and you know, like trying to wipe my eyes, and it's still there. It's just walking. And I am seeing this this thing walking down the middle of the road for at least i'd say two to three minutes. But the weird thing is is like at least one of the weird things was is I never actually caught up to it.
Speaker 1: So it's still staying away from you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it always stayed in like the beam of my headlights. And it was just walking, I'd say, like nonchalantly, like you know, it was just doing its thing, just walking down the road.
Speaker 1: Was it walking away from you, Yes, it.
Speaker 3: Was walking away from me. There's this, uh, this breach in the road, like where there's like wooded like a wooded area, and I said, I had never seen it turn around. You know, I wasn't scared. I was more confused of it, as you know, other than you just there was There was really no reason to be scared. It was just confusion, right because it didn't turn around. It wasn't like aggressive or anything. It just was just doing whatever it was going to do. And I never caught up to it, even though I wanted to. But it seemed like the the faster I would start to drive to try to kind of catch up to it, to kind of see what it was because I'm like, well, is this like a man on stilts or you know, I mean, I don't know. That sounds crazy, but you know, you're you're trying to, you know, rationalize what you're what you're seeing, and uh, I never could catch up to it. It's like it seemed to me like the faster I would try to go to try to catch up to it, the farther it was away, but it would still stay in the in the beams of my headlights. But it was like a I'd say, like a medium, like a medium gray color. It was like it seemed like this, It seemed like skin, like it was smooth that. I didn't see any like rough rough bones or anything, you know, like any kind of distinct features like that.
Speaker 1: No clothing there.
Speaker 3: There was no clothing or anything like that.
Speaker 1: What are it? It's legs like you feet or hands or anything to it.
Speaker 3: I remember seeing I remember seeing like it kind of sway its hands as it walked. But I don't recall seeing like actual fingers because like everything about this, whatever I saw, everything was long. The feet, I don't recall seeing actual feet. I just remember seeing the legs and you can see like the the beams of my headlights and I could see the I don't know what the word would be, but like seeing the see it walk, you know, see the movement.
Speaker 1: Of it walk.
Speaker 3: With the headlights. But the but the head it would kind of bounce in and out, because this is how I kind of realized, you know, it was seven to eight feet tall, because the head would actually not all always be in the beam at the headlights because it would kind of like bounce.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Obviously I'm driving down the road, so it's kind of like bounced up and down. So the head wasn't always in focus.
Speaker 1: It's weird to think if you're going at a certain speeding never caught up to it, so it had to be moving consistently with you, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, or something walking in the roads.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I said, nothing of this encounter made sense. And then as I got to the point, like I said, I was probably watching this thing for at least two to three minutes, i'd say, or following this thing however you want to say it. And by the time it got to that like opening, like where the wooded area is that by the time it got there, I never saw it leave the road, but brandon it.
Speaker 2: It just.
Speaker 3: Vanished, vanish, It just vanished.
Speaker 1: I know there's gonna be people out there that say this, so I'm going to bring it up. It was in a bug on the windshield? Correct?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: That yeah, No, definitely wasn't a bug. Again, you know, like I said, I put my head out the window, so I'm like, ye know, it was one of my things to like, am I am I seeing bugs or you know this, This definitely was not a bug.
Speaker 1: There's always people out there that have their opinions of what someone else saw because they know everything, and that was the first thing I was thinking. I was, someone's gonna say it's, oh, it's just a bug on the windshield, which.
Speaker 3: I kind of wish it was, because, like I said, I I have never seen anything like that before or since, and I've always had it like I kind of like put it, put it in the back of my head after a while, because like it, it doesn't make sense, and I have no idea what it could have been at that time. You know, I'm thinking maybe it was an alien, but you know, I wasn't really into all that, so I'm like, I really don't know what.
Speaker 1: Why would an alien be speaking to take a trot.
Speaker 3: Down the road? Yeah, and plus what they supposed to be, like, you know, four foot tall or something.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, it depends. They're different supposedly different type of classes of aliens. So the little four foot tall ones are usually the grunt little drones, and then there's bigger, gray versions that are linkier. They're about seven foot tall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this this is definitely lanky and it had it just I wish it had turned around, just to let me see what it looked like in the front, because you know, trying to, you know, identify something from just the back. It's you know, it could have been anything, especially knowing now how the things I know now about different cryptids and stuff. I'm like, right, I don't know when.
Speaker 1: You first told me, I was thinking, and obviously it wasn't crawling, it was walking. But you hear like description wise, it sounds very similar to like what people say great or the pill crawlers are, but they're usually on the ground, not wall, looking nonchalantly down the road, so they usually crawl. And there's some other versions and I don't want to screw up the Native American tribes of where they're originated from, but usually up around Minnesota and in Canada, the windowgoes are actually described as that. A lot of people think they have the antler heads and deer head. That's not really what the descriptions are. They're all pales, like pale skinned creatures, but they're not even they're more of a spiritual thing. They're more like a human that's turned into almost like cannibalized type thing. So it's hard to rationalize what else that could be. Because the fact that you stuck your head out the window and you could still see it, So it means it wasn't on your.
Speaker 3: Windshield, and it wasn't only windshield, but.
Speaker 1: It's keeping the same distance in the same pace as your vehicle, no matter how fast or slow you're going. It's it's almost as if whatever was going it was doing that it was interlocked with you. Basically you were supposed to see it. Why. I have no idea now. Sometimes I talked to someone recently about this. They said that they don't necessarily just enter our world, but we're also entering nurse. There's like a bridge, so maybe the distance between you guys was the bridge park. So it's just going about its business, just happened to cross into its plane of existence, so we're kind of just stuck until it got to where it was going. Then you got out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why I saw it or why there was no car you know that particular, there was no car other cars on the road to you know, witness it as well.
Speaker 1: How long ago was this?
Speaker 3: I would I think it was around twenty two thousand and two because I was a young a young mother. My son was just a baby.
Speaker 1: Went okay, so over twenty years ago. Yeah, which is interesting because it's not in the same area. But there's been other people I've talked to recently that've had experiences back in those times too, which they were more to the south. But I feel like there's just weirdness in general everywhere, and it's hard to explain it. Part of the things that I've been looking into is more locally basis because it's easier for me to look into stuff because I'm right here now where you had your experience, that was it closer to where salmony is. I'm trying to think of where nine would be at.
Speaker 4: Okay, it would be I would say sal Salomony a little bit because it because where I saw this out it was still on the two lane.
Speaker 3: The duel lane doesn't doesn't spread until like a little farther down the road.
Speaker 1: Maybe when we're done here, you can try and pinpoint it on a map and then I'll add it to my little collection of places of them trying to figure out. I've had so many people reach out to me since I said something about doing this. They want to be involved, as like, I don't need fifteen hundred people because the more people that are involved, that's just more stuff for me to try and deal with. I want to keep it just a couple of people. You being a paranormal investigator, if you go out there were twenty people, you're contaminating everything.
Speaker 3: You're definitely contaminating things.
Speaker 1: So for me, it's like I want to show some people some spots, but all my details and everything I'm keeping close to my chest, and only a handful of people is going to know what I'm doing because I don't need anyone else out there in the middle of me trying to do something that them come out running in a werewolf costume and probably get popped in the face with something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So for anyone listening, don't do that to people that go out and investigate stuff. You might get shot. One day, which apparently completely off topic, there was a guy that he was dressed as Bigfoot years back that used to run out and I guess he ran out too close to the road. It could be an urban myth. I don't know, but someone had told me that recently that he got killed by getting ran over because he's trying to run out and scare people.
Speaker 3: Oh jeez.
Speaker 1: So I don't know where people have the idea that this is a good idea, but don't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely not a good idea.
Speaker 1: But back to this thing, did you ever see a face to it or it's always just was looking.
Speaker 3: It was always looking forward.
Speaker 1: So the head itself, you said, was kind of bulbous.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was. I would say it was like the biggest part of the whole body.
Speaker 1: So it's had a really big head.
Speaker 3: Well, it's gonna be so hard to explain. It wasn't like it it wasn't like a great, big, like bulbous head, but it was. It would be like I would say, like the bulkiest of the whole thing, because every everything about it was really long and skinny and like frail, just like all stretched out. The neck on it was shorter than I'll just I'll just put it out there like this, like you know how like ET's neck is like really long and stretch It's not. It wasn't that long. It's it was quite a bit shorter. Actually, the neck would have been like the shortest part of the whole Torso I guess.
Speaker 1: Did you see like any It's weird to say that this way, but like did it have like a ass in to it or anything or is it just straight?
Speaker 4: Just for I.
Speaker 3: Didn't see like, you know, a bum hole or like that, but you could tell you could tell the separation of the legs, so I guess that would be more or less the you know, the ass and though separation, you can see the movement.
Speaker 1: Right, so it had it wasn't like connected basically, it was all it looked very humanoid basically, Yeah, yeah, that's weird. Yeah, now far as like you said, you couldn't see the feet to it or the hands really said as long, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't remember seeing. I don't remember seeing to even look at the for feet.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering, like maybe it was and then some me just thinking but it was something from a different frequency. I don't want to say it's paranormal because I think it's very hard to determine words or something strange without sounding like a classifying is one thing or another, because again, who really knows. Yeah, but I don't feel like it was alien in the sense of alien, But what do I know?
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 1: It was more like it's something from a different plane of existence. It similar thing I can think of, And I know people will roll a rived people say stuff like that, but I think paranormal is the same way I think, like spirits and ghosts and everything else. I don't think they're from here in the sense of this is our worlds, they're just in our world. I think they go somewhere else, and sometimes that somewhere else bleeds back into our world. It's maybe what you saw again, not saying paranormal, but it was something from that side bleeding back over. Does that makes sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does, especially now because, like I said, back then, I wouldn't have really known that. But as I got into like the paranormal stuff and all that, you know, and the experiences that I've had and listen to other people's, you know, experiences, a little more knowledgeable now, so that does make more sense to me.
Speaker 1: You weren't missing any time or anything, right, not.
Speaker 3: That I recall. I remember when I got to the point where this whatever, this thing was disappeared. I don't remember if I actually stopped or if I had just slowed down real slow, because I'm like, where the hell did it go? And I'm looking around, you know, I'm looking around. You know, they got trees over here, trees over here, And then that's when I that's when my I would say, my fight or flight kind of kicked in because I'm like, what if it comes out of nowhere and like jumps in the back seat or hits my car or whatever, you know, So I just, you know, rolled the window down. Do you know while I was there like looking around trying to figure it out, you know exactly. I don't recall if I actually stopped or if I actually just slowed down, but I did do one of the two.
Speaker 1: Do you know what time of the year this would have been.
Speaker 3: I would say it definitely wasn't winter. Okay, it definitely wasn't winter. There was no snow on the ground or anything like that. I would say probably.
Speaker 1: In the end, I.
Speaker 3: Would say maybe in between the summertime sometime. Maybe I'm guessing it's been so long ago, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's any correlation to anything about those type of seasons or stuff. But a few people I've talked to a lot of other stuff has been in the summertime that they've seen things. I saw something in the winter, So I can't make a connection to anything different time of the year. But I know there's been some other things that people have seen recently in our area, and it just so happened to be summertime and before I don't really want to talk about on this episode, but there's been people that I've talked to here recently. They have sorts of quote unquote evidence from stuff. So it's like, okay, I'll bite. I don't know if you're just feeding me a lot of crap, but I'm going to look into it. So it's like, how far down the rabbit hole do you go when you come into stuff like this and you start to look into stuff and you start asking people from around the local area. I've been messaged by several different people all of a sudden. A lot of their stuff that they've talked about doesn't necessarily align with what I'm doing, but that doesn't mean it's not somehow connected. Yeah, So it's like with yours, it's I talked to you before I was going to start doing this. But for me, it's like your story is similar to a lot of other peoples where they see something. Your stands out for different reasons. For the fact that it was same distance the whole time. Obviously you didn't see a big foot or a dog man or whatever people have been seen.
Speaker 3: Now it had there was no hair, there was no it was just an odd looking something.
Speaker 1: Right, I talked to someone else recently that was I don't know exactly know their location, but they saw something run out of a cornfield. I'm gonna I'm gonna ask him exactly where his thing was, because he said, if I remember right, it was gray or white, but he couldn't see. I don't I'll have to go back. And it's been almost a year ago since I talked to him, so I'm gonna have to go back and listen to what it was. And then reached back out to him because he was over I believe he lives in the Fountain. That's fifteen, isn't it that road?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so, And he was on his way to work up north and I don't remember. I honestly thought he said it was on nine, but it would have been north of Walbash. But this was just like last year, so who knows. I've talked to someone else. That's strange that the location that this person had. Within a month later, there was a big foot sight in the same spot. And then if you look on the big foot tracking thing like for like when people report stuff, there was one from nineteen seventy five the same area, so and that's just whoever reports of this mapping thing. And there's obviously I hear stuff all the time about people seeing stuff in Salomony and out in this cinemol, but there's nothing on those things.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I didn't report this other than some people who work like I saw something weird shit and on the way to work us.
Speaker 1: How did they take it? That's the thing that you figure out when you tell people something you've seeing something weird, They're either going to be like, oh really and they're gonna go along with it, or they're going to look at you and think you're crazy. There's really no well, there's no other way of going about it.
Speaker 3: People that know me knows that knows me that they know me. I am not like a bullshitter like if I if I say it, something's got to be about it. I really wasn't looked at like, oh my god, Amanda's seen some weird shit again, or you know, she's just out of her gourd. I know, I actually never got that.
Speaker 1: Okay. People are very strange on how they react, so you never know what people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my supervisor at the time, she would always talk about like seeing some weird stuff, like actually on one twenty four, not nine, but like one twenty four, and they were like, they seemed to be more paranormal stuff, you know, like black shadows, just like weird stuff like that. But when I went when I first started to go to the well, I guess I have to backtractice a little bit. When I went to the first two meeting for the UFO excuse me and alien existence before I became the head facilitator. I went to that first meeting because I'm like, well, mate, because you know, in the back of my head it kind of like it kind of jarred that memory again after all these years, and I'm like, well, maybe somebody there knows. Maybe if I listen, maybe they kind of know what maybe I saw, because like I said, I never correlated it to be anything paranormal or crypt or anything like that. You know, I never made a correlation like that.
Speaker 1: Off topic. But you brought this up. How did Peru become one of the hubs for the UFO meeting?
Speaker 3: Obviously I really don't know how they came about to come to Peru, believe it or not, other than the fact that they wanted to have different counties involved. Because there's a lot well for like Grissom and stuff like that. You know, it's the same county. Yeah, so I would assume that that's why they decided on Peru.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I started seeing posts about it back in the winter. Why is Peru listed on here? Just thought it was strange, of all places, Peru. But Pru has a lot of history to itself, especially when it come UFOs because again Grissom the Air Force base. People have seen a lot of weird stuff. My grandmother has seen stuff fifty sixty years ago out this way. I have someone to send me a video back in June. It's in the same exact location as to where two separate people have told me about their encounters with like a were wolf type creature. And then I also figured out that the same spots out of bigfoot sighting. So there's a UFO, two dog man and a bigfoot all in the same location. Seems weird.
Speaker 3: That is very weird.
Speaker 1: So and I have the actual video of the thing in the sky. This is back in June. I'm going to go talk to I know the person I used to be friends with him still talk to everyone in a while, but he sent it to me because he said he knew I looked into stuff like this and wanted to know what the hell is was was like, I don't know, I have no idea what it is. Something weird in the sky that you literally caught on video. So that's why I was waiting for another UFO meeting to happen, and it never did.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, we kind of took a hiatus. There was some personal things going on with the lead fort Wayne, so we decided to take a little hiatus and we'll start back up next year when things settled down.
Speaker 1: Hopefully, Oh, whenever it starts back up, hopefully I'll be able to present some more information because just a couple weeks back, there was also a mass sighting of UFOs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm hearing now.
Speaker 1: So I've talked about this in the last couple episodes with people. But again, weird timing for everything. It's like, I don't know if the world gives you signs to look into things or anything like that, but I keep getting all these little weird things happening around here, and I keep turning up new stuff and then more people reaching out locally. It's just like, all right, I think it's time for me to actually get out of the barn and start looking into stuff the person. All the investigating I've done is been behind the screen, so time to get my feet dirty. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel the same way, because the more I look into the cryptid stuff, the more I like want to go out and actually like you know, research it and like go out kind of like looking for it, I guess because I don't get me wrong, I love the paranormal and stuff, but there's just a lot of different things out there that kind of tickles the brain on what it may be.
Speaker 1: Or when it comes to paranormal stuff, for me, I've never been one. Like I used to watch the shows and it became more of a I just got burnt out and I feel like a lot of us been over over at abundance but also so just like over dramaticized just for the sake of TV shows.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I went out some with people and I'm not going to say who, because like, no, we all know them. But I went out years ago. This is back in the mid two thousands with one of the local groups, and everything that they were talking about was paranormal.
Speaker 3: See a lot of orbs too, huh.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they were talking. We went to okinok they had a lot of.
Speaker 3: Oh you definitely had orbs out there.
Speaker 1: We walked through Okpoki. They kept saying their meetings were going on and off. I'm like, well, that's not necessarily saying that's paranormal rush. And then we went into which again this ties back into some of the things I've looked into, the Circus Hall of Fame. We went to that building. Well, that building was built in about the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: I forget exactly when.
Speaker 1: But it's an old it's very old. A little building meets were jumping like crazes. Well, this building has really shitty wiring, so you're going to get a lot of electromagnetic stuff just from the wiring. Well, there's no power on. It's like the wires still have power run toombs. Because your switches are around doesn't mean electricity is not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: I understand how things work, and I feel like a lot of people don't. Just because the switches and on doesn't mean they're still not current, right, So you're still going to pick up those weird emf builds. So that's when it comes to paranormal. For me. It's like, I don't even go out looking for paranormal be cause I get weird stuff happening here all the time. I don't have to go anywhere. Like the house we lived in in Converse was built in the eighteen hundreds. We never had any issues. We moved to a newer house and now get toys driving across the ground by.
Speaker 3: Themselves, So must be the land. But it's kind of funny you mentioning the Service Hall of Fame because my first I'll say, I'll say ghost hunt this time, because that's what I was tending to do before I became an actual like investigator and actually wanted to like research and do that stuff. This has been like before I started, so it's been at least eight years ago. That was my first real, real like ghost hunt of like real people and you know, professionals. I actually had an experience where we were we were standing in like a circle and trying to like determine how we were going to like separate groups and stuff, you know, to like go into the different areas and stuff. And we're standing there and the next thing I know, I see this black shadow figure go from left to right down like down the way from like this. It was some kind of statue or something that it came from, went from left to right, and I'm like, you know, mouth dropped. I'm like, right, did I really just see that? And then the next thing I know, I have my head, my forehead three pokes and I'm like, looking around, I'm like, and that that was very distinct, you know, I mean, you can you know, I'm just standing there. We're all just talking, you know, and trying to figure out how we're going to do the groups, and I'm already having like these weird experiences. I'm like, and I get three pokes on my forehead and I'm looking around. I'm thinking, Okay, did something fall from the ceiling? You know, nobody else is seeing anything, nobody else is doing anything. I'm like, what the hell was that? So apparently it was it was my turn, I guess to get to get some kind of interaction to kind of verify that, you know, yeah, there's something going on there. But I haven't been able to, you know, figure that one out either.
Speaker 1: I'm like, have you ever done any research on the circus.
Speaker 3: The only thing that I recall is they had a flood and a lot of the animals didn't make it from the flood.
Speaker 1: Does anyone ever question why they chose this area for the circus that I don't know. There's a lot of weird stuff about this land in general, and the spot that they chose isn't too far from one of the weirdest spots in this general area, which is Okepinoke. So where the circus Hall of Fame is. If you follow that little river, yeah, it goes right to Okepinoke, Yeah it does. They used to have a camp site along the miss Sinhwal River. I don't know the exact location from the eighteen hundreds of where this was, but back in the eighteen hundred when they decided to make the circus whatever his name was, Wallace or whatever that came in and decided to do the circus, they had all the stuff set up as a camp out along the miss Sinowa River. Circus thinks to me, without going straight up wlu, I feel like it is very They bring a lot of different emotions. They bring in kids, they bring in, excitement, they bring in back in those days, things used to travel around the circus, used to do things, and a lot of the stuff they brought in weird oddities. Yeah, why of all places in the world. Did they make this circus capital of the world, Like Little Peru, Indiana. The same location to where a lot of people report having weird paranormal instances or run ins with weird cryptids or seeing UFOs is in the same general area where the circus thing was in the eighteen hundreds. I don't know if there's a connection with that or not.
Speaker 3: Could be just one of those synchronicities, like anything else, you never know.
Speaker 1: But why is everything somehow connected with the Miscinola River? Like the circus is there, cryptid sightings are there? The UFO lying over is there? Ohkaiven ok is right there, which I've never had anything weird happen out there. I know a lot of people I've talked to claims with, Oh, you got to go to it's the most haunted place. It's the most creepiest place. I was, like, I've walked through the woods. I never found the hidden thing that's supposedly out there.
Speaker 3: Like we found that on accident.
Speaker 1: So you actually have found it. Yes, someone says it's not there. I claim it's a lie.
Speaker 3: That's not a lie. Okay, I have pictures.
Speaker 1: I promise that, Okay, I would like to see it sometime. I like to go there myself because we searched for it when I was in high school. We're just out of high school, and we never found We were out there for hours and never found it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Also there is a uh and I forget where exactly. I have pictures of it too, but there's like before you actually get into like the actual roundabout at ok there is a foundation. It'd be on the left hand side.
Speaker 1: I seen the foundation. I'm pretty sure it's been so long as I've actually been back there, it's been twenty some years. We camped out there. The last time I camped out there was over twenty years ago because nothing ever happened. So for me, I was like, I don't see why everyone talks about this, because even my mom knew about it because she grew up here, so for her, everyone said, oh the crazy stuff it oh giving Okay. Same thing with Hookman Cemetery. Everyone said that place was creepy and I used to go up there all the time. We never had nothing. If you actually walk through the woods, you go further, you'd find hidden graves that weren't in the cemetery. That was weird for me because we weren't expecting to find graves in the woods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unmarked edstones, so that I never saw. But I love our cemetery. It's like my favorites.
Speaker 1: Now it's kind of off limits because the RV places there, which I thought was strange. They don't get back. Is their access to get up there now or does it you have to trespassor the.
Speaker 3: Other used to be. I don't know if they've put up signs yet.
Speaker 1: I stopped doing my ghost hunting stuff twenty years ago. It's funny that I used to do this stuff before it was ever on TV, Like me and my friends were doing it in school back in the early two thousands. And then I started watching Ghost Unders. I think that was like the first one that ever really came on TV.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, like the Transsetters of the So I was.
Speaker 1: Like, ooh, taps. I really liked that show. Then everyone else started doing it and it just got oversaturated with everyone around here was doing I was just like, what is some of the weird things that you've actually experienced while doing investigations?
Speaker 3: Well, there's so many.
Speaker 1: What stands out the most?
Speaker 3: Okay, we were at a location down in Mitchell, Indiana, and we're that kind of team that we, at least for me, I like to kind of know what to try to debunk. And so we went to this place and Mental, Indiana, and there was stories about you know, this door opening like several times and stuff like that in one of the one of the bedrooms, and believe it or not, that did happen for us. It opened on its own. I caught it on video four times and we're pretty sure that it actually happened five. I even put a camera on the inside of it. It was like it was like a closet as it was, and I there was no like other access. I don't remember there being any windows or anything like that. So there was no logical explanation as to why that door should be opening, because you could actually hear it like click, you know, it was like an old and it was just it was just crazy. And I was the one that was like, it's not logical. It's not logical. My friends are like, my team is like, this is the paranormal man, God's paragorgal. This is what we do. I'm like, but that's not logical. We oh man, it was. It was wild and it would actually do things or sounds kind of strange, but the spirit or whatever was going on would actually do as requested, Like we put a penny on the door like the doorknob, and I also had like a a string of bells and we would ask it to open the door and drop the penny, or open the door and leave the penny on the handle, and it would do it every time. So whatever was going on was intelligent. So therefore, when my teammate and I was trying to put myself at ease, you know, like that's not logical, we found no trickery in the doorframe. I mean, I don't know how somebody could maneuver, you know, an instance like that to where they could you know, fake that.
Speaker 1: Right, And it's hard to do, especially again when there's more people watching too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very unusual. I was. I was really excited and very like every emotion you can imagine I was feeling that night watching this. I actually had to like go outside like get calmed down because I was like, this is insane, that's not even logical. Everybody else like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you ever seen any like full body apparitions?
Speaker 3: Yes? And when I when I talk about full body apparitions, to me, that's not including shadow figures. To me, that's a separate entity.
Speaker 1: They are, at least I think so.
Speaker 3: I have seen at least two actual full bodied apparitions, both in two different locations. I have seen a lot of and this is just from even at my own home animals, spirits of animals, even my own pets.
Speaker 1: Hmm. I haven't talked to anyone that's talked about that. So I've heard about it, but no one has ever mentioned anything about animal energies. And I think it's because a lot of people don't associate spirits with animals, because a lot of people think spirits are energies for like your soul. Yeah, so for being haunted by an animal kind of means well they must add one too, and that kind of goes against different type of ideologies. So I think we're all Any living being has some sort of energy. I'm not saying soul, I'm not saying a consciousness, I'm not saying whatever. But like, I think we're all something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But as far as he said the animals were your.
Speaker 3: Own house, yeah, I had a Formese mountain dog that have passed away, and h it started out I'd only see him twice. It started out where I would feel him like lean up against me and stuff like that. Of course, you know, my husband doesn't believe in any of this stuff. You know, He's like, oh, you're crazy this and not, you know, weak minds, blah blah blah whatever. And I would feel the nook like lean up against me because I would kind of like shift, you know, like how he would always like lean up against me. He was a big dog. And then the first time I seen him, uh, it was actually on Thanksgiving. I was in the dining room and I happened to look out towards the barn going through in the dining room and I seen him out there. And the thing was is he wasn't he wasn't solid. He was kind of, I would say, kind of see through like a transparency. Yeah, yeah, but I know what I saw, right, And of course, you know, I run out, you know, like it's not there, and it's not there, and it was only for you know, a few seconds, but I know what I saw. And my other dog would actually like and this is before I actually seen him, you would see her out there playing like she was still playing with me.
Speaker 1: What would you do? I haven't asked this before. I just it just dawn on me. Like you said, you ran out there, and I've ran after things that I've seen too. What are you going to do when you get out there if it's still there?
Speaker 3: Depends on what it is.
Speaker 1: Because I'd never gotten that far either. Like when I've chased after the shadow in the hallway this past winter, it ran to my daughter's room, so I ran in there too. I don't know what I was going to do afterwards, beside ninjakiket or something. Yeah, Like no one ever gets that far, Like, oh, if I see a bigfoot, I'm going after it. What do you do when you get to it?
Speaker 3: I I honestly don't know. I haven't got that far yet. I would say, if I think it was something it's all like a bigfoot, I better have something on me.
Speaker 1: If it's just gonna make it mad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna have something on me to, like a bullhorn or something. Right, maybe scared it off.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like when it comes to paranormal stuff, paranormal stuff for me doesn't make me a free It never has, and I don't know if it's because maybe I'm just not one hundred percent on board with the like the weird stuff of it. I don't. I don't try and kick rocks to make things come back with me. It's why I personally don't go out and look for stuff because I don't want to bring it home. I already have enough here. But at the same time, it's like, I'm not afraid to go If someone says I can't go in the house, man, it's just it's it's awful. I actually want to go in there because they're afraid of it. I want to see what's so afraid about this place? But then I'm like, then that's what makes me nervous, is well, if they're so afraid of it, what if there really is something in there? And then what if I decide that wants to follow me back? Because I'm an asshole and I've been instigated it and tormented it. And I was told this at the Crawfordsville thing I spoke at recently. I need to stop doing what I'm doing because I'm making things mad and I'm tormenting things.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're doing?
Speaker 1: Apparently haven't we all? So I need to be more uh conscious of what I do because the things that I say and the things that I do and the things I look into is making things angry, and that's why I get the activity that I get, because I'm opening up myself to other things to come in. I'm inviting everything.
Speaker 3: I think there's some truth to that. But as far as like making something mad, why the hell would it matter to whatever that is.
Speaker 1: I think someone told me this before, and I agree with it. When you start looking into things, things start looking back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At first, two years ago, when the person said it to me, I thought they were freaking crazy because it makes no sense. But now that I've been doing this, I honestly believe that there is some truth to that. Like when you start noticing things, things will start noticing you more.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: So when you talk with people that have had experiences, usually someone will have a paranormal experience. You ask them, have you ever seen a UFO? Nine times out of ten they've seen a UFO, someone's seen a bigfoot, most likely they've seen orbs. Again, there's all It's almost like everything, somehow, one way or another, is connected in one form or another. I don't know how to explain it other than the fact that there's all some sort of interconnection intertwinedness to allow of the weird phenomena that goes on. It all seems very simulated to me, which I'm not saying we live in the matrix, but sometimes it seems that way.
Speaker 3: Well, I haven't checked off that UFO box yet, I think, So.
Speaker 1: Keep your eyes of the sky. There's a lot of weird stuff. Go out to uh or the Walbash River in the Missisinamall meat you might see something that might.
Speaker 3: Not be a beat a triangle there.
Speaker 1: It might not be it's funny, you say, trying because actually as a triangle, which is weird. When you go out there, maybe you'll see uh, you're cryptied, you'll see your UFO and maybe ghost.
Speaker 3: Clowns that would probably actually scare me. The clowns sounds are kind of creepy. I'm not actually scared of them, but they're just creepy.
Speaker 1: There is some weird stuff about clowns that I will not dive into right now on air because again I don't want to talk about a lot of stuff because eventually I hope it makes it into this thing I'm working on. Okay, so you have to go watch my video, the documentary that I'm working on for that, but eventually there was some weird stuff that ties in with clowns. But well, it's been going on for about an hour. Is there anything else you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: Unless you want to hear some more stuff, I mean before we can do another time.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want to talk about, I am good. I have a couple hours here today. So if there's anything that stands out I want to talk about.
Speaker 3: Well I could go back to the pets if you want.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 3: Okay. So, like I said before, I saw in the nook that Thanksgiving went out there and he wasn't there, And the next time I actually saw him and he was actually more trance, more visual. The next time was the day that I brought home a new dog from the pound, and that was the last day I've seen him. When we go into when we go into some locations to like where they may have had an animal there, mostly it's cat. I'm kind of a cat person. I normally pick pick the cats out, like or they picked me out, unless they'll have him like rub against my leg or something. But my cat Midnight that passed away. He actually passed away in my arms, which was very sad. And you know, wonderful all at the same same token. He was a really old, really old fella, but he actually would I would actually see him still in the house doing his own like routine. Now I don't I don't know if it was just like his his regular routine, or because I never actually he never actually interacted. He was just there, just like Nanook did, at least with me. I just seen him, I said, my other dog. She seemed to play with them.
Speaker 1: Do you think that the animals since the other animal, they said, us playing with it, Like, do you believe that they can still see them?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 1: They claim pets can see like things that we can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: I think kids are that way too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: And it's like, are they able to interact with the things that as adults our mind gets shut off to. Why does our mind get turned off from that? Who knows? But it's like too.
Speaker 3: Much adult stuff. I guess something, too much stress and don't have time for it.
Speaker 1: It is weird that as kids, kids have that vivid imaginations, or so they say, except the things that kids see and do. What if it's not an imagination? What if it's true? It's creepy to think given that aspect of like, how many times has kids had imaginary friends? How many times does kids say they see monsters in the closet? How many times kids are fraid? And what if it's not really their imagination, but they're actually seeing the things that we can't see. What if things that are around us all the time and we're just not able to see it.
Speaker 3: I do believe that. In fact, my my son when he was little, had somebody he would play with. M h. The first time I recall it it happening, he was he was a little confused. I went to get him some some milk out of the refrigerator or something like that, and we're standing there in the kitchen. I mean, you know, I got the refrigerator door open, and he does that little that little kid tug on the back of me, and I went around like, well, baby, he points up to the to the corner of the kitchen. He says, why is that boy flying? Of course, every hair on the back of my neck stands up, you know, because I've had experiences in that house. I've never actually seen anything in the house, but I'd always been touched or had a hand on me here, but nothing like childlike that I had seen childlike, So it wasn't until I had my son that he was seeing a little boy.
Speaker 1: Did he say what it looked like?
Speaker 3: He was little. I don't recall even asking, Y.
Speaker 1: Learn from my mistakes, don't ask well, see later on.
Speaker 3: And I had seen like a man in the house before, like a black shadow figure of a man. He was my first hat man that I recall seeing. When my son got a little bit older, he told me that there was actually a family there, and not just a little boy and a man. So there was a family of three. There was also a woman there, which was kind of strange too, because I used to hear voices a man woman's voice in the house as well, but it was only a wreck in the in the winter time, is when I would actually hear those and you couldn't understand what they were saying.
Speaker 1: That's wants I've often wondered. When you hear things talking to you, they always speak, but we like if we're English, we understand there's certain things and doesn't know how to communicate the other people in a different language. I would hope so, because let's just say, if you go to Spain, the spirits there speak Spanish. But we go in there and we're American and we speak English. Are we going to hear EVPs of things speaking in Spanish? Are they going to speak in English?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: I know when we had gone to the Crown Point in jail, we did some Spanish speak, you know, the best of what we could, because there was a lady there that was supposed to be there that had spoke Spanish, and we actually got interaction from doing that. So I in a nutshell. I I can't really say one way or the other, but I would I would hope that we would have a universal language, but I don't think that's necessarily so depending on maybe the situation or the location they were.
Speaker 1: For me, it's weird. I don't know. I don't know if a spirit, if it's still wandering around and it's trying to communicate and it can communicate or whatever, why is it still here? Like why if there is an afterlife per se? Like, how come it is still wandering around? How come some things can interact with people some other ones don't. Where does that line get crossed?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Did they not go into the light? Do they wander around? Do they not get sent to If you're believing Christian or to go to Hell or whatever, like where do they come from? And that's where I'm always wondering, Like I don't necessarily know if ghosts are actually the spirits of people per se in the sense of that. I think there might be something else to it, but I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the more I investigate, the more I think that as well. I used to think, you know, that they were just you know, maybe trapped here or something or had like unfinished business. But I got to the point like where you know, especially like you know, going back to the animals and stuff, like they were just hanging around. I think just to make sure you're okay, they were gone. I think that might have something to do with it.
Speaker 1: Me being a not so much of a conspiracy theorist, but like that's the way I'm just say negative, Nancy. I always look at things like in more of a nefarious type of way. What if things are here because they know you're more emotional about it, and they're here feeding off that emotion, So it's going to manifest itself into something that's going to trigger an emotional response.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I actually talk to a guy that is totally against what I do before nice to work with me, And he would basically be like, well, that's just the devil. That's just the devil trying to get you and have you do these things.
Speaker 1: And I'm not even saying like everyone goes that round. I'm not even saying devil, but I'm just saying, like, what if there are things out there that feed on like the emotions of people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like they feed all that energy and when someone's distraught emotional like a death, or that's when your most susceptible, your emotions are really high.
Speaker 1: Right, why wouldn't something if these things are real, I don't know, why wouldn't something be around Matt because they can sense it and then it needs that energy, so it feeds off that energy. They claim I think it was succubist that feeds off the life force of people, Like that.
Speaker 3: Was an old Yeah, sucubis and incubus. It's just a male and.
Speaker 1: Female, but they suck the life force out of people when you're sleeping, hat man, Is that a modernized version of a succubist or an incubus Because a lot of people have that experience. They have sleep paralysis and they feel like they can't move like it's someone's draining them. They're being drained.
Speaker 3: Yes, that I can't that I can't answer for sure because the one time that I saw one, I guess I assumed it was the man in the house because he had like at the door on, so to me, that was the hat man. I I was nervous about seeing it, but I wasn't scared. I didn't feel like negativity or anything like that, so that I don't know.
Speaker 1: You still have weird stuff going on in your house every now then? Your husband still the little even.
Speaker 3: No, he's actually like some of the things that's happened in our house even like I said, when we lived in when we lived in Amboy, for instance, Uh, I I had how was it he had actually uh was looking for our son in the house because he thought he had heard him come in the door and everything we have like like where you hear the doors open shut, footsteps in the uh in the kitchen that nothing was found. So he's just right off like oh I could, And I'm like, well, yeah, okay, I don't know why you're telling me because you don't believing this stuff, right.
Speaker 1: It's hard for a skeptical person. I'm very skeptical myself, so it's hard for me to jump right into stuff. I guess I'm when I mentioned paranormal stuff before. I always look for that rational explanation. I still look for rational explanations. Sometimes a rational explanation is worse than what accepting would be, but that is the route that I will go to, just because this has to be something that can be explained, Like for some reason, that's just how I'm wired. I have to explain it. And when you can't explain it, then I'm like, well then maybe there's more to it. I don't like saying things paranormal. Sometimes I say otherworldly because I think that's more of an appropriate term. What I think doesn't really matter. Just that works for me. But like, I don't know how someone can one hundred percent rule out the possibility of everything. And I know so many people that are that way. They will not accept the idea of paranormal. They will not accept the idea of supernatural or anything cryptid related to Ufoor related. Everything is rode off. A lot of them are super religious people, which I find even stranger because just not just just shot on Christianity because I don't it's not my thing. That's my big background of what I was raised into. But like a lot of Christianity type people will not believe in stuff like this yet the ideology of that is the Holy Spirit. So you're talking about a spirit, but you don't believe spirits exist.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't make sense of that. So for me, it's just a different rule of foam. I guess.
Speaker 1: That is the biggest argument I've always gotten from people is none of this stuff is real. Like you've mentioned certain stuff with the devil. I've heard that my entire life. That's how I was raised. This stuff isn't real like this, it's all devil. I don't believe it to be that just because there's too much. Maybe I'm one hundred percent wrong. I have no idea, but I tend to lean that it's not just the devil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it's all the devil. I don't know it's all the Devil's making.
Speaker 1: We could be completely wrong, absolutely, So maybe one day I'll figure that out, But as of right now, I lean a different direction, which goes against everything that I was raised. But I guess I'm a rebel. We can probably go ahead and wrap this one up. But before we do, I just want to say thank you and would you like to let anyone else know, like you're obviously from Indiana, you do a lot of investigating. Talk about the name of your group and where they can find you, guys up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure we are Shadow of Secrets Paranormal. You can find us on Facebook and if you're interested in the UFO and Alien the Assistance, that's on Facebook as well. The pre chapter.
Speaker 1: Well, it's been a pleasure.
Speaker 3: Likewise, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and that's the show everyone. I really hope you guys enjoyed the conversations. If you would like to be a guest on Tenfoil Tels, remember to send an email to Tenfoil Tales Podcast at gmail dot com or go to the contact section of tenfoiltl dot com. Just get your message to me. We'll get some schedule for a future episode. And just remember the truth lies, and the stories we share, the connections we make, stay curiously open minded. Thank you all for joining us on this journey and until next time, keep questioning, keep seeking, and keep exploring the unknown. Good Night, everyone.
Speaker 2: Seens sounds in the headstones.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's turn to rock.
Speaker 1: Got a story about a crypty creature. Let's take a luck.
Speaker 2: Ex foot up. Then they're out there in the talk.
Speaker 1: But the truth is out there.
Speaker 2: Likely CUFO sightings got the whole.
Speaker 1: World shook.
Speaker 6: Conspiracies and phones. Like a story in the book. Control China keep us blind. We're all gonna use.
Speaker 3: The whole mind.
Speaker 6: In history. They don't want us to know the secrets they hide since they won't show, so they don't society. They keep us in chase.
Speaker 1: When Sen and Tom's.
Speaker 2: Time to break the reins, Control China keep us fine, But I'm alone before we're gonna use my own.
Speaker 1: Mind in history.
Speaker 6: They want us to know the secrets they hide since they will show, so they no society. They keep us in chase.
Speaker 3: I say it's talk.
Speaker 1: Do sound to break the reins