Speaker 1: The track opened the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. The games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on jr R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Kaufmin and Lend Injury Attorneys. A victory for Orlando City last night, Dog. Yeah, they're third straight victory. They beat Charlotte two nil last night. Three straight shutouts also by Orlando City, so they are rolling right now. They've moved up to fourth on the Eastern Conference table. They are getting ready for the playoffs. I don't think anybody's gonna be able to beat Miami enter Miami this year because they are just running away with it during the regular season.
Speaker 3: But hey, you never know.
Speaker 4: It looks like Orlando City, though, is ready to make a playoff run. So big win for them last night at the Purple Palace.
Speaker 1: I mentioned earlier, I said to Pat Hell, Yeah, good job Orlando City team. At the same time, we always have to congratulate the Pride because they're just rolling this year too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're the seventy two Dolphins of the National Women's Soccer League.
Speaker 3: They haven't lost.
Speaker 2: The undefeated Orlando City with a quick turnaround again another match on the road Saturday in Columbus against the Crew.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, so we'll be monitoring them all through the playoffs. By the way, I'm excited today. Did you see what happened yesterday? Adrian Wodranowski the ESPN Basketball NBA insider. He's leaving ESPN to be the men's basketball general manager at his alma mater, St.
Speaker 3: Bonaventure.
Speaker 4: So Woje is leaving ESPN to be a college basketball GM. Woje has been working in ESPN since twenty seventeen. Previously worked at Yahoo. I actually knew when he was a columbist at the Bergen Record in New Jersey. He is a distinguished alumnus of the journalism school at Saint Bonaventure. Here's why I'm excited. I'm also a sports columnisus wooj once was? I'm also a distinguished alumnus at my college, the University of Florida.
Speaker 3: I'm in the University of Florida.
Speaker 2: See where he's going here?
Speaker 4: The Gators need to hire me as the GN to get this football program turned around. Turn to the sports writer like Saint Bonaventure.
Speaker 3: Did with Woe.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, let's run with this idea. Here let's just assume in a fantasy world of things, this all came true. You're hired. You are the new GM as we launch a new model college football moving forward. You've got complete control over the Gator football program. What's your first two moves, Bulldog?
Speaker 4: Well, my first move is to make no moves with the football coaching. I want to see this play out this season. I'm not gonna make a rash move. I'm gonna stand up to the big money boost. I'm going to stand up to the social media mob and say, let's just see how this thing plays out. You don't cave to the outsiders, all right. You have to stand your ground, just like Duke did all those years ago when the fans wanted to fire coach k after three seasons. So I would stand my ground. See what Billy Napier does the rest of the season. Then I would survey the landscape and say, listen, okay, if they're two and ten at the end of the season, then I get rid of him, and then I make the higher but and I also get their nil programs in order.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, is anybody else picturing bulldog Mike the bulldog Bianchi on the sidelines as a coach or a gassarily.
Speaker 3: Say a GM. I'm not necessarily Saraly saying I should be on the side. It's corner office, corner office taco. I should be calling that. I should definitely be calling the shots.
Speaker 1: At first, I thought he was talking about their basketball team at the very beginning when he talked about WOJ, and I just pictured all these really tall athletes on the side of the court and here's a little dog going.
Speaker 2: I am telling you, though, dude, I do like the idea of putting a GM in positions in these college football preference because it's just, it is, it is. It's just too much for these coaches to try to, you know, deal with all this crap on their own and coach.
Speaker 1: It's just it's ridiculous, and then have to bat off all the social media mobs like you were talking about Bulldog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Week three of the NFL season starts tonight, New England taking on the New York Jets. Come it's the It's already desperate times for a bunch of teams. There are nine oh and two teams in the NFL, including the Ravens, the Bengals, and my Jaguars. I'm worried about my Jags, I really am if they lose at Buffalo on Monday night football oh and three.
Speaker 3: I was reading the stats. Just what what is it?
Speaker 4: Only six teams it's nineteen seventy nine have made the playoffs after starting oh and three, including just one since the year two thousand.
Speaker 2: Well, it's probably a good chance they're going to be owing three after Monday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, and I hate the panic here. But if they lose to the Bills and Trevor Lawrence is bad again, I don't care how much money you're paying him. I'd put Matt Jones in there and see what he looks like.
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 2: By the way, we'll be pregaming tonight ahead of the Thursday night match. Will be at caban Alive and Sanford from six until eight. If you want to come by for a cold one and maybe win some free stuff.
Speaker 1: Bucket specials, and of course will have Bwoes stickers while we're there, and great concert toket oh, real good ones.
Speaker 4: By the way, NFL the Hall of Fame candidates for the upcoming year around Eli Manning on the ballot for the first time. Does he deserve to be in just based on his two Super Bowls, because statistically he's He's not great, he's okay.
Speaker 2: There's two more super Bowls, and most players who played in the league can claim.
Speaker 3: Is is Peyton already in? Peyton's already okay?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Eli, to me is always just the brother. I hate to say that, like, eh.
Speaker 4: Well, he'll probably get him because he won to if he'd have won two Super Bowls in like Arizona. He probably doesn't get him, but let's he wont him in New York, right, he'll probably get in. Also, Fred Taylor back on the ballot from my Jaguars, the former Gator.
Speaker 3: I hope he gets it.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Byonchi, host of Open Mic on AMM ninety six to ninety game weekday mornings adjacent to us, He takes a few minutes out of his very busy program to join us here for the sports page each morning on j r R. Brought you by Kaufman Inland.
Speaker 4: Listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coffin every Saturday morning, seven point thirty on FM ninety six nine. In the game, you can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 3: Oh lud Jhintako on demand. To download the iHeartRadio app,