Speaker 1: It's nice Eyes.
Speaker 2: Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: All Right, we have talked about the mass General Brigham layoffs. Well, I'm sure be following up on that story as the week goes on. It's a lead story in all the local newscasts at eleven o'clock as well, and as well as should be. But I'd like to spend a little bit of time reviewing the super Bowl super Bowl last night. It wasn't a super game. It was kind of over by halftime, actually, and for those of you who are football purists looking for a great, you know, mighty super Bowl match, didn't quite work out that way. But I'd love to find out what you thought about not only the super Bowl, but all the surroundings of the Super Bowl. Obviously, we here in New England, most of us were probably rooting for the Eagles so that the Kansas City Chiefs would not surp ass or supplant the Belichick Brady era Patriots. Love to know what you thought about the game. Were you surprised that, I mean, Kansas City just didn't have it for the first three quarters. They got what you call some garbage points at the end of the game, which you know, I think happened because basically the Eagles knew the game was over. But I'd love to know your reaction to all the TV ads, which were millions of dollars. I had a positive reaction, only to like a couple of them. I mean, you know, I guess they all apply, you know, you know, appealed to different groups. I liked the Duncans ad with Matt Damon and David Beckham. I thought it was clever. I can't imagine what it must have cost them to produce that ad. I liked the Billy Crystal Meg Ryan ad about you know, sort of a takeoff of the Harry met Sally movie. But there were there were others that were interesting, but I just ya, I'm happy to see them because it's it's funny to watch. The one I liked the best was the Budweiser ad. To be honest with you, the idea that the Budweiser Clydesdale's It was kind of a little bit of a takeoff on the Clydesdale ad that we've talked about in the past, where in the wake of two thousand and one, the wake of what happened at the Twin Towers, they had basically the the Clydesdale's kind of acknowledging the Twin Towers. But yeah, I just would love to know which. And of course the halftime show. I mean, I didn't watch the halftime show because I was in friends that from where I watched the first half of the game, I felt the game was over and decided to get home before the postgame traffic there was there were there were no cars in the road at halftime. But I'd love to know what you thought about that program. It was kind of interesting, to say the least, not my particular form of entertainment, but I'd love to know if there were people out there who really I mean, it was an extravaganza. The one thing which I want to make clear is that the protester who showed up, I guess with the Palestinian flag onto the field he had He was not involved. There was some initial reports, I think earlier today that he might have been part of the ensemble. Not at all. No, the halftime shows have just become, to my way of thy making a huge distraction. I mean, the purpose of the Super Bowl is the football, and they have to have a halftime show. I get it, but is that the best we could do I know that Over the years, I should have gotten a list of all Yeah, I might do that during the break, come up with a list of the halftime performers. Over the years, it's probably gone from Perry Como on the Up with People in the nineteen sixties, or maybe a high school marching band to the Extravaganza last night, and it was Kendrick Lamar and Extravaganza. Very talented guy. I got to tell you, I wish they had had captions so I could understand what was the words. I mean, it was tough. Maybe they weren't allowed to put the captions on. Maybe they were words that we used that none of us heard that shouldn't be on. I don't know. I don't know. It didn't appeal to me, so I'd love to get your take on it. Did you watch it? I missed a halftime show and it just so happened that when it was twenty four zip at halftime, I felt the game was over. The question then, was wasn't even I mean, clearly at that point the Eagles were going to cover. They were one and a half point underdog. I think in most of the books they weren't going to lose. They weren't going to blow a twenty four nothing lead in the Super Bowl. They weren't the Atlanta Falcons. Trust me on that. They were a pretty good football team. I thought from watching the first couple of plays. As a matter of fact, it just seemed to me that Philadelphia was quicker off the ball. They seemed to want it more. Now, I know it's tough to tell from the first two plays of a game, but it really struck me that Kansas City was in trouble. I've never seen Mahomes that ineffective his passes. You know, interceptions happened, but there were more passes from Mahomes that were the equivalent of a fifty five hour fifty five mile an hour fastball in baseball. You know, you're not even close. The pitch goes fifty five miles an hour, fifty five feet I should say, fifty five feet, bounces five feet in front of the plate, and in most cases kids by the catcher for a while. Pitcher of pass ball. So yeah, let's just talk Super Bowl. No, it's I think that by tomorrow night we will have forgotten about it. But it was was a lousy game. I mean, it was a fun game to watch because the Chiefs were losing from our perspective, I think from New England's collective perspective. But it wasn't great football. You know, you figured that Barkley was going to run up some numbers. He didn't. They relied upon well, by the way, Hurtz through two or three, well, a couple of touchdown passes that were unbelievable. Talk about out you know, throwing you know, half court sinking a shot from half court in uh in basketball not pretty tough to do, but he was. He was in the equivalent of sinking half court shots a couple of those long passes.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 3: I mean, Hurts was the MVP of the game. There's no question about that. Six one seven, Those lines are full. Six one seven, nine, ten thirty. We're going to go right to phone calls and love to hear from you and those of you who have never called before. Is there anyone out there who looked at that halftime show and said this is exactly the sort of entertainment that Middle America wanted. I don't know, I don't know. It gets weirder and weirder every year.
Speaker 5: Six one, seven thirty back on night Side now bent to Dan Ray live from the Window World Night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just gone back. I had the list of the Super Bowl performers at halftime performers. A lot of marching bands in the Super Bowls of the sixties three in the sixties, sixth January of sixty seven, sixty eight, and sixty nine. University of Arizona, Grambling State University marching band in the Super Bowl one and two. Florida University am Marching Band, Miami Area High school marching bands in the first Super Bowl in New Orleans in nineteen seventy Al Hurt, Lionel Hampton, Carol Channing, Southern University Marching Band up with people Anita Bryant in nineteen seventy one. US Marine Corps Rill Team Ella Fitzgerald, Carol Channing, Al Hurt were nineteen seventy two. Al Hurt came back the Great Trump Trumpeter University of Michigan Marching Band in nineteen seventy three, received Texas Longhoun Marching Band with Miss Texas nineteen seventy three on the Fiddle by the Way. In nineteen seventy four, Grambling State University A lot of marching bands, super Bowl nine and seventy five, super Bowl ten. Up with People, La Los Angeles Unified All City Band with the New Musketeers and an audience card stunt. In nineteen seventy seven, Mine Will Come a Long Way. Pete found and now heard again back in New Orleans. Caribbean bands including the Grimocks out of Dominica, small island off the coast of South America, nineteen eighty. Up with People, Grambling State Marching Band, Southern University, Grambling State Marching Band, Helen O'Connell don't even remember who Helen O'Connell was. I guess she was an American actress described as the quintessential big band singer of the nineteen forties. Up with People came Back in eighty two, La Super Drill Team eighty three, University of Florida Marching Bands, Tops and Blues. Up with People in eighty six. George Burns, Mickey Rooney, Grambling State Marching Band in eighty seven, Chubby Checker in eighty eight. It's Interesting. More marching bands. Pete Fountain back in New Orleans. Pete Fountain, Nicols State Marching Band, Southern University. A lot of marching bands nineteen ninety one, New Kids on the Block, didn't realize that ninety two Gloria Estefan, Olympic figure skaters, Brian Bortano, members of the nineteen eighty US Olympic hockey team. That's pretty good. That was up in Minnesota. That was called Michael Jackson, ninety three, Tanya Tucker, Travis Tritt, the Judge, a little country there in ninety four, Patty LaBelle, Indiana Jones, Teddy Prendergrass, Diana Ross in nineteen ninety six, This is all good. Blues brothers Ackroyd, John Goodman, Jim Beluocy, zz Top, James Brown. Now we're getting there. In ninety seven, Now we're picking it up. Boys to mend, Smoky Robinson, Martha Reid, the Temptations, Queen Lativa, Grambling State University in ninety eight. That was a salute to Motown's fortieth anniversary. There's a theme here. Gloria Estefan, Stevie wonder Uh in ninety nine. Yeah, this is all good. I mean, I'm just looking at this and Aerosmith in sync in nine. In two thousand and one, you two, you two Bono in at the Super Bowl at oh two, Yanna Twain shanea Cheyenne Shana Twain country singer in ninety three, Janet Jackson, p Diddy, Kid Rock, Justin Timberlake. That was in Houston and O I was there for that one. That was the the malfunction of the wardrobe. Paul McCartney two thousand and five, Rolling Stones two thousand and six, Prince two thousand and seven, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers two thousand and eight, Bruce Springsteen in the East Street Band, The Who in two thousand and ten, Black Eyed Peas twenty eleven, Madonna twenty twelve, Beyonce twenty thirteen. They've rolled there, Bruno Mars twenty fourteen, Katy Perry twenty fifteen, Coldplay twenty sixteen, Lady Gaga seventeen, Justin Timberlake twenty eighteen, Maroon five. These are big headliners. Shakira, Jennifer Lopez twenty twenty, The Weekend twenty twenty one, Doctor Dre Snoop dogg emin N, Mary Blige, Kendrick Lamar twenty twenty two, Biana twenty twenty three, Usher twenty twenty four, and Kendrick Lamar. Let's Go to the Phones, it's kind of changed. Tim is in winter. Tim, welcome back, Welcome, How are you sir?
Speaker 2: All right? I picked the right winner, but I didn't have the I was right about Kansas City with their offense because the offensive linemen we were terrible. The two guys got hurt and they rolled and they got problems Kansas City. Anyways, the best Super Bowl I've ever seen was a tie between the Patriots and Seattle. But I got to give it to the Atlanta one with the Patriots the way Brady came back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but let's talk about yesterday. What'd you think about yesterday?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's terrible, terrible, too much of the wrap. It doesn't relate to the country. It's a little to the left. And that bothers me, you know what I mean. That bothers a lot of people. I didn't bother Washington because I was playing Keno at a place and were sitting down and I was over there. We were watching him podcast. I did a podcast, and the guy had a podcast describing the game, and that was the best way to listen to the game because he give you breaks, he tell you what's going on. There's no commercials. It was really good, all right, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Well that's different. That's that's sure.
Speaker 2: But what do you think about I think the best one was the Atlanta one, the best most entertaining one, the way Brady came back.
Speaker 3: Never sure, you're a Patriots fan. They were down twenty eight to three too.
Speaker 2: No, I'm a Dolphins fan. I'm a Dolphins fan. I go way back, remember the pages one and fifteen, two or fourteen. I remained a Dolphins fan, but I like the Patriots also, I respect Brady.
Speaker 3: What was your favorite commercial yesterday? I'm trying to watch yesterday.
Speaker 2: There's no commercials on YouTube. I missed them all, thank goodness. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Well, go watch the one with Matt Damon and David Beckham. That's that's a pretty good Stello law. That was pretty clever, I thought.
Speaker 2: But I did go to the other one. The one time I wrote against the Patriots was in seven. I didn't want to see him get the Dolphins perfect record, and I was there was mixed bag. I was rooting farm and not because I went to Super Bowl seven in the Coliseum and I went to the one with a Patriot. I went to the there was a Redskins. They had a fourteen to zhering lead and then your premium throws an interception for a touchdown, and then they made it interesting and he.
Speaker 3: Was the puncher who fumbled the snap from.
Speaker 2: Center right right, yeah, yeah, yeah he should. But the next year, believe it or not, the Dolphins went undefeated, except they lost to the Patriots because the guy from Walpole plowed the plow and that's it was like a raging blizzard and nobody could do anything. It was horrible. They never should play that game. But the Dolphins lost, and Shuler put it on a protest. But then they beat Minnesota twenty four to seven in a Rice stadium in the Super Bowl. And then they went back to back and they it.
Speaker 3: Was a John Smith was the kicker on their Patriots of that that day, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah they were. They were pretty uh but that was the only loss of dog.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I'm gonna get people. You want to talk about the old games, Tim, So I'm going to try to see if we get some people talk about tomorrow as well.
Speaker 5: Okay, that was a dog yesterday, say not tomorrow yesterday.
Speaker 3: Thanks Tim, appreciate your call. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty only line open, Dot, what'd you think of the game?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 6: Dan? First of all, Helen o'cononell was a big band siga. She was a beautiful blonde with dimples, very cute, and she was a good siga.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, okay, well I had forgotten that.
Speaker 6: But well, you're too young. You're too young. You're too young, Danes.
Speaker 3: I'm just a kid just to do it. So what do you think about what'd you think about yesterday?
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you. I watched it from the beginning to the end, and I watched it with a group of people in the first half and halfway through the first half, and I could be a realistic cynic. And I was a realistic cynic because halfway through.
Speaker 3: I thought you were catholic? Dot.
Speaker 6: No, no, I'm not catholic. No, no, no, all right, anyway, Dan, halfway through the first half, which would be the end of the first quarter, it dawned on me the fix was in, really, And that's how I felt when I watched my favorite team, the Cases not even doing anything. They didn't do anything. I thought, what what's the matter with you? People? I was watching it, and I was watching it with a few guys from my building, and then halfway through I came up to see yours and watched it up here. But I'll tell you the fix was in. They're gonna all walk away with big porsches.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. It was atrocious.
Speaker 3: So you think so dot as a keen observer of football, Yeah, I felt, you know, for a while they were saying the rest were favoring the Chiefs.
Speaker 6: I love the Chiefs. I love the Chiefs.
Speaker 7: That's the way love.
Speaker 3: How long? Why have you loved the Chiefs for?
Speaker 2: Is this because I like?
Speaker 6: I like Mahone?
Speaker 3: So who would you like before Mahones? You don't tell me you like? Did you like Lynn Dawson? Yeah?
Speaker 6: But I mean Mahone I just think is great. But I don't know what they all happened yesterday, But I do know the fix was in. That's it, right, and that's how And isn't that a cynical way to feel.
Speaker 3: It's a very cynical way to feel. Yeah, I would disagree with you. I just think they had an off day.
Speaker 6: I think no, no, no, no, no, no, it was no watch day, No no, it was a fix, all right?
Speaker 3: Fair enough?
Speaker 6: Dying to see if anybody agrees with me.
Speaker 3: Guess what, I will bet you there'll be at least one person out there will agree with you, but most people won't see it that way. Most people.
Speaker 6: I'd love to know what Glenn thinks. I'd love to know what Glenn would Glen's already so I know he's a great guy. He's I could be his mother, but he's a great guy. I love to listen to Glenn.
Speaker 3: A mutual admiration society there for sure. Dodd is always thank you so much, talk take it easy. So the dot says the fix was in. I don't buy that. I don't buy that. Let me go next to no. I'm not going to short change billing det him Uh, Bill, you will be first up right after the news. We got to get to the news right now, coming on back only one line six, one, seven, four, ten thirty. Your reaction to any part of the Super Bowl extrava Gansey yesterday. Love to know if you found there was a great add or an ad you thought was horrible. How much does it cost to put an ad in a Super Bowl and it doesn't pay actually? And how much is the cost to produce the the ads? The David Beckham that damon ad. I mean, these guys aren't doing that for free. They're not giving away their time for free. Six one, seven, four, ten thirty. That's the one line that's open, just closed, just filled. All lines are filled. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 5: It's night Side Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: All right, let's keep rolling here. See what people have to say. Bill is in den him. Hey, Bill, what do you think about the Super Bowl yesterday? Was it super?
Speaker 4: It was super I think the best halftime show ever was watching Bill Belichick and his new girlfriend parade around.
Speaker 3: Was he at the game or was I know he was in the Duncans ad.
Speaker 4: He was at the game?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: With that fundy is he's quite a guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean pretty good coach.
Speaker 4: I guess he is. He's going around the fast. He's good around the ten yardline, that's for sure.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: What'd you think of the commercials? Any commercials that you particularly liked or didn't like?
Speaker 4: I didn't watch the game, To be honest.
Speaker 3: With you, you're one of the Americans that didn't watch the game.
Speaker 7: What were you doing working?
Speaker 3: Come on? Really?
Speaker 7: Are you working on your door?
Speaker 3: What you do on a Sunday Sunday evening? Working I'm not you don't get too I'm trying to get personal here, but what sort of job retail? Retail? Okay, so so you you didn't care less hope. I'm hoping you got some overtime payers, at least some o you.
Speaker 4: So you missed it. I like Beick Belichick with that new girlfriend. They put on quite a performance.
Speaker 3: Okay. Well, the only thing I didn't I don't know if Belichick was at the game. I don't. I didn't see him at the game. I I I saw him in the Duncan's commercial, but that was about it. I didn't realize he was physically at the game. But yeah, that's okay, all right, Bill, that's an interesting it's a different perspective. You're the first person who called it didn't watch the game? Okay, thanks, I think okay, I have a great night. They got a little Bill Belichick fixation there. Let me go to Robert in Wellesley. Robert, welcome, How are you, sir?
Speaker 9: Oh fine?
Speaker 8: Thanks?
Speaker 9: Jan I I had a couple of comments and uh and as far as the commercial, gull I, I agree with you on the on the Beckham commercial, and that was what I understood.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was it was kind of a little story. I get it, but I understood it. And Beckham and Damon they kind of played off each other pretty well. I liked that one couple. Some of them you don't even understand. I mean, you know, I didn't understand the guy that was Did you see the one where the kids riding a bicycle. He's like a newspaper delivery boy, but he's riding a bicycle in Ireland and he's throwing you know, you'd think he's throwing papers, but he's actually throwing laptops. No, you saw that one write some some laptop.
Speaker 9: It was all mysterious.
Speaker 3: I guess squarespace. I had no clue what was going on there, that's for sure.
Speaker 9: The one I missed that too.
Speaker 3: Helman's Magazine, Helman's Mayonnaise with a Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan. That was pretty You missed you to get a lot of the ads. It's okay.
Speaker 9: I heard about it and I was looking forward to it, but I missed it. But I think you want to say, yeah, go ahead. One was the pregame show and I didn't get to see the star Spangled banner in America America, The Beautiful and Last Year was. I was on the edge of my seat hoping that they were going to show the American sign language, you know, at least in a little box or something, signing of the of the of the National Anthem and America the Beautiful, and they they, they they the whatever network showed it. I don't know if it was Fox then or not, but they introduced they went to the trouble of introducing the signer of the interpreter and then didn't show the interpretation, and that that was kind of a leftdown for me. Did you did you see the pregame show and did you notice if they did sign the have you know, have the signing of the National Anthem and America the Beautiful.
Speaker 3: I did see that. Yeah, I didn't want, I mean to be honest with you. I was grabbing some food at the time, and I wasn't sure exactly where we were and all of that. But yeah, no, I wasn't being disrespectful. I was in the other room. I knew that they did have a signer or whatever, which they I think they always have, don't you or no? I mean I could, I could.
Speaker 9: I hope One thing I did see.
Speaker 3: I walked into the room and she was talking about, you know, when the with the bombs bursting in air, and I actually could figure out what she was doing because she was throwing her hands up in the air like bombs, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I yeah, yeah, that's great when it works out that way.
Speaker 9: And the other thing was that the halftime show kind of I thought they could have had something with wider appeal. And when I was talking with someone about it, the person told me that he was of the opinion that, uh, and it didn't seem right to me, but he was of the opinion that the major that the performer paid to perform rather than got paid to perform. Just have you ever heard of anything that happened?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't heard that. No. No, I could be you know, I stand to be corrected if someone wants to correct me. But no, though they bring those folks in and there's a huge I mean, he had like a cast of hundreds behind him, the dancers and everything, and he's highly respected rapper. I just don't I can't get the words, you know. I mean, I wish they had like closed caption, but maybe they couldn't put rap lyrics in closed caption.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I felt I thought that.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been let me ask you, have you ever been at an event where they pass around a song sheet, you know, a piece of paper with all the songs written on him. I thought we all should have song sheets so we could know what the heck he was saying that song.
Speaker 9: On a small scale, nothing really baked, though sometimes that happens, but not nothing really but nothing now, well, big events that I can think of, No, I just did.
Speaker 3: But maybe I was thinking was maybe what they could have said was, hey, you could download go to your computer and you could print out his lyrics if you wanted. Guy has to have a triple yeah to remember everything he's saying. You know, people have trouble with the star spangled banner. Half the time they screw it up. But right, he must have spoke I don't know, fifteen thousand words during his thirteen minute performance.
Speaker 9: He was he was a machine gun fire.
Speaker 3: You got it?
Speaker 8: You got that?
Speaker 3: Was like, Hey, Robert, thanks man, talk to you soon. Okay, appreciate your call.
Speaker 9: Yep, thank you have a good one.
Speaker 3: Let's keep rolling. You're going to go next to Patrick in DC. I wonder if Patrick watched the game, Patrick, how are you?
Speaker 10: We always have a super Bowl here every day here in Washington, DC ever since the inauguration. I say, we just keep on rolling.
Speaker 7: Don't we.
Speaker 3: I would agree with you and that there's always something going on in DC. Did you get it? Were you? You're a football guy, you know, I know you pretty well, but I've never had you. If you would you watch the game?
Speaker 10: No, I'll tell you why. I can't watch people who make much more money than me. I'm broke, you know. And then they're asking me to gamble what little money I have, you know, me get on credit, Get me on credit, to gamble my credit away. I would have liked to watch the Super Bowl, I really would have. But I think that it is the game itself. When you're watching the television itself, it just gets too confusing, with things running down to the bottom, of things running in from the side. You have all these show to go by you and you would really like to pay attention to one thing. And I think that's what happens with the halftime show here.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 10: They count on everybody just having this fraction of attention spans yeah, and they just have all this stuff, you know, right there, and you just catch They're looking to just catch you with that fraction right there, and you just can't appreciate it. I just I can't appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot of wisdom in what you say. I mean, they look I'm not a rap guy. Okay, I mean you might have figured that out already, But I have a tough time picking up the lyrics of any song, never mind the guy who's sitting there, you know, going rip. I don't know.
Speaker 10: I mean, we have forgotten how to enunciate.
Speaker 3: I do know that, no kidding. I just wish. I wish we had close caption. I don't know if they could have, if it could have kept up with cold caption, but close caption.
Speaker 7: It's very different.
Speaker 3: It's different from up with people.
Speaker 10: I know that, But I did hear we hit one of our One of our fellow listeners called in and mentioned the Redskins. Whoa we like Redskins? How about that?
Speaker 3: I didn't realize who that went by me? Did someone mentioned they're supposed to say the Commanders? Oh? I missed that.
Speaker 10: Yes, because well, when the Redskins wanted to s Super Bowl, they were the Redskins.
Speaker 7: What can we say?
Speaker 3: You know, back to the time of of of John Riggins, absolutely, you.
Speaker 10: Know so and then but it was an interesting program tonight to talk about the unaffordable and lack of healthcare act that is going on. And and I'm sure that anybody who got injured during the super Bowl had immediate medical attention, but that was a pretty bad seven hours and a half. Told you're going to room the.
Speaker 3: Room, seven hours, go to the emergency room. I would I would relabel at the unemergency room at that point.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's that's that's absolutely correct. And and uh and our friend listen, I thought I had the night off tonight. And our friend who got the closest score, who won the mug, he was supposed to get a drum roll. So I'm a little late. I'm a little late, you know. But let's give that guy, you.
Speaker 3: Know, his drum roll. I love that, Thank you very much, Patrick. That is great, Robb. You should record that. That should be the official nightside drum roll. Rob, we can.
Speaker 10: I'll get some toys of Robin and we'll send in some drum rolls so he.
Speaker 4: Could have it.
Speaker 3: Well, that would be great if you could do that. Yeah, do me a favorite hold On. I gotta go to break hold On and Rob will pick it up. Uh, and maybe you can just send Rob the drum roll and we will have the official drum roll directly from Patrick in the District of Columbia. We'll always give you credit for it.
Speaker 10: Okay, at no charge.
Speaker 7: At no charge, Thank you much much.
Speaker 3: All right, Patrick, hang in there. We're gonna take a break. Patrick's gonna talk to Rob. You're gonna listen to a commercial or two, and we get back. I'm going to talk to Peter, Christine, Chris and Tim. I'm gonna get all of you in and maybe one more. The only line that will be open. It's not up right now, but when Patrick gets off at six, one, seven nine. Back on nights Side after this.
Speaker 5: Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World Nightside Studios on w b Z, the news radio.
Speaker 3: Let's keep rolling here. Where are we going to go next? Peter and Sudbury. Hey Peter, welcome to Nightside.
Speaker 8: Hi Dan, how are you doing great?
Speaker 3: What'd you think of the Super Bowl yesterday?
Speaker 7: Well we were there so.
Speaker 3: Uh good good for you.
Speaker 7: Whoa who yeah yeah, my wife, my wife's business uh brings us there.
Speaker 4: She h.
Speaker 7: We've been there for a few years and it was it's you know, uh, New Orleans was opened arms. It was a wonderful experience, you know, the the game, even though we weren't in it. S. I'm a diehard Patriots fan, but I was thrilled that my friends from Philly uh won the Super Bowl. And it was a great game. I mean, you know, I mean the Chiefs never really showed and you know until halfway through the game.
Speaker 3: They were horrible Mahomes. I mean, he misfired so many passes. I mean, as I said, it was like fifty five foot fastballs five ft before home plate. How'd you get out of.
Speaker 7: When'd you fly back to that just to ride back night. I'm just pulling into it. I'm pulling into my garage.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 7: It was you know, we were surrounded by Eagles fans and they were just you know, I mean, it was just it was great. If it couldn't be us, I was thrilled it was them, and you know, New Orleans was just wonderful.
Speaker 4: And it was just how.
Speaker 3: Many days, how many days were how many days were you down there? Peter?
Speaker 7: We get this Thursday, but Bill Belichick Thursday night, the paddle'brien's all dolled up with all his rings and his beautiful girlfriend real and yeah, yeah, yeah, you know you have a couple of.
Speaker 3: Before you have a couple of paddle Brian Hurricanes.
Speaker 7: I had about a half. My wife had a whole one, and it was She regretted it the next day. But the halftime show.
Speaker 4: Is not.
Speaker 7: Really We're not the target audience anymore, Dan, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 7: But it was done like a Hollywood production. I mean it was you know, in the beginning of the show, the woman did do sign language and she was on she was on the monitor, I mean, and they it was just really they you know, they it's quite a production.
Speaker 3: How how tough was the crowd on Taylor Swift?
Speaker 7: How bad was that? Oh my god? They never showed her again, the little things.
Speaker 3: You know, I Philadelphia. She's a Pennsylvania girl. You know, she grew up in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 7: I know, these are the people that they have to grease the telephone ball for.
Speaker 3: So Peter, I love this. This This is a best call. This was a great call.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: It's well, it's a pleasure to talk with you. I mean, my wife's in the media business, and uh so, you know, you've been a fan of mine for a number of years and it but it was just a great experience. And that they open open arms of all the people of of uh New Orleans and the food. It's just a wad experience.
Speaker 3: Peter, thank you so much. You're you're you're the caller of the night as far as I'm concerned. You were great.
Speaker 7: You made my day too, So thank you so much. Wonderful you too.
Speaker 3: Thanks Peter, talk again, I hope. Thank you very much. Tell me go to Christine and debt him. Christine, we are getting a little tight on time here. Thanks for calling in. How are you? Where's Christine? Put Christine on hold, Let's get back. Keep rolling. You're going to go to Tim in New Hampshire. Tim, We'll get back to Christine in a moment. Go ahead, Tim, is this sister? This is Dan Ray, Yes, sir.
Speaker 8: One of my heroes for a long time. I grew up listening to school cancelations and went on trips across the mountain. My mother would get him. And I'm the youngest of seven and I'm shaking a little bit to talk. It's an honor, sir.
Speaker 3: Well, my pleasure, thank you very much. Pleasure to pleasure is mine. So did you watch the game yesterday? You got Top Peters call because he was there.
Speaker 8: Wow, I know he's done. Not worried. I don't need to be a Topper I got. I got no reason to compensate. I didn't watch the game because they you know, I had no vested interest in it. And there's the commercial breaks. The commercials are wonderful, they're funny, the pharmaceutical commercials and stuff like that. Sometimes they get in there. But I just had no vested interest because there was no Patriots, and my old team's my favorite ones from beforehead kids and and things like that. I got to settle back into football when I'm ready for it. But what I did do, my neighbor Joe was a big fan of any football. His Steelers were not in the game, but to get to him, and he kept asking me if I come over to watch, and I didn't want to. I said, well, one of the Bruins going to play the Steelers in that soccer game tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I heard.
Speaker 8: I heard there's some kind of superb Owl we're supposed to be on the lookout for. You know, just kind of messing was so what I did the next day, I thank you. Thank you. Today, I went on YouTube and I looked up all the commercials, and then I paid for premium YouTube, so I have to watch commercials on that ironically watching commercials commercial free.
Speaker 3: What was what was the best commercial that you saw today? I like the Matt Damon David Beckham commercial.
Speaker 8: Matt Damon was wonderful. There was also a bed Affleck at Casey Affleck, but I might have been thrown in from like a year last year or something. But then the Matthew McConney was pretty funny too.
Speaker 3: He was very good. He always is. He's he's carried that theme so well, yeah, he's.
Speaker 8: My wife's free pats. But if they ever meet. But I still I hear you, Yester'd a good actor.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 8: I have to handle to him. He's going to be governor at Texas one day, I think, and that's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Way. You might be right, actually yeah, because he came from Evolving, uh evolved down there the place where they had that terrible school shooting.
Speaker 8: Hey you run down on unsolved mysteries was his cameo. All right, I'll let you go.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Tim, thanks for calling man. You first time calling a pleasure.
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness, it's an honor to talk to you.
Speaker 3: But is this your first time calling the show?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 3: He gets a round of a class from our digital studio audience.
Speaker 8: My first time with you, Dan, and I'm so proud.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Right back at you, my friend. I look forward to the governor. All right, thanks, good night. Let me go to Chris and Easton. Chris and we get room for you and one more go ahead, Chris.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dan uh felt much to do with football, but the halftime show there, I guess Kendrick Lamar he's been on an ongoing feud with another artist, Drake Drake, Yeah, I guess there was a lot of There was a lot of easter eggs between the conflict between the two. He had Serena Williams dancing. I guess she had dated Drake back in the day. And then the other females singer I think her name is Sizza, had a relationship with Drake going out.
Speaker 3: They're going out on tour. Yeah, they're going out on tours, understand. Yeah. Yeah. It didn't do much for me.
Speaker 1: The lyrics, especially on that last song he played, Drake was suing Kendrick lamar over it so a lot of a lot of hidden Easter eggs, which was pretty controversial.
Speaker 3: I heard, so, I heard, Yeah, Chris, it didn't do it for me. I I wish I had close caption. I can't, I can't, you know, give me a song sheets so I can follow it along. Hey, Chris, appreciate you call. I gonna get one more in. Okay, I want to save a little room for one more guy. Thank you. Good night, Mike and Raley. Mike next one night said you may wrap it up for us here, go ahead, Mike.
Speaker 11: Hey, the weather, the weather text floor on a commercial. I thought that was the best. That was the best. And how about Elizabeth Tomorrow and not you? Why are they not? Who're firing about the mass geno situation? Oh wait a minute now, too busy?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 11: I worried about that's sort of situation. But I know, yeah, sure, but I wanted to get in there.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 3: But you got it, you got it in, Mike. Let me tell you got it in. You took a couple of good shots. Good for you. I like it. Okay, thanks, thanks, thanks Mike, be good, be good, be well. Well we're done for the night. I want to Thank Rob. I want to thank Marita. I want to thank all the callers, particularly with a bunch of really good callers tonight. Thank all of you for listening. I'll be on night Side. We're Dan on Facebook at just a couple of minutes. If you'd like to see what the heck we look like, just jump on Facebook Nightside with Dan Ray and I'll be back tomorrow night at eight o'clock as well. Again thanks to Sean from Beverly, he won the Nightside Mug. He came closest to predicting the correct final score. He picked the team and pretty close to the final score. All done for now, All dogs, all cats, all pets go to him. That's why Pal Charlie Rays, who passed fifteen years ago this very month, he is in heaven. That's where all your pets are as well. You love them, they love you. I do believe you'll see him again. See get him all night on the nightside of a great Tuesday. Everybody