Speaker 1: Hey, Ryan, is Kansas still finishing top three in the league? For sure, no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to talk about those rumors, those allegations not feeling it Landed just not feeling it on.
Speaker 1: Me either, me either. I just wasn't ever feeling that.
Speaker 3: I just pooped my pants and I accomplished more than Kansas didn't. The stand in Utah.
Speaker 1: Hey, don't count them out yet, sir. They have a trip to Provo coming up. They could get it done for sure.
Speaker 3: Scratch that, I'll make sure to poop my pants aways.
Speaker 4: That that wouldn't do it. That would be where that campus will do. I always forget this part of the song.
Speaker 3: You know what, I just realized there's a great pun that can be made because I'm like the students of p YU who are debt or Utah were soaky not so.
Speaker 2: That feels like a good place to cut off the music and enter a crashdown. So cam uh first first season? This is your first It's this is the the James Franco with the great season, James Franco noose around his neck, that's Landon and I are looking at you going so first time? Huh? This is so your first season of ITP what you thought would begin with that preseason number one team?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Show twenty eight is here, and yeah, there are what five F bombs and the show notes title there are eight sad landings And here we are talking about Kansas losing to the team that was picked to finish last in the Big Twelve for the second year in a row that that's been the case.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: How did you sure you didn't see that coming?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's pretty impressive. I Steviewonder dot Gift did not see that coming. And also I don't think anyone did. But thereseason number one curse appears to be living on. And I tell you what, if Kansas is ranked preseason number one next year, I might as well to start up my own podcast called Finding God with Him, because I'm gonna need it. I would listen to that podcast. Goodness, gracious, these guys. It would just be me reciting gibberish, which is what the show is. Welcome Land.
Speaker 2: To answer your question, No, I do not believe the Jayhawks will still be finishing top three in the Big Twelve. However, I don't believe that any of us saw that coming, even you two that had kind of almost given up on this team. Then they go loose to Utah in a game that we all picked them to win kind of by almost double digits. No Vegas thought they'd win by double digits. Close Vegas had him as a nine point favorite to open that Vegas sock. It went down to six. So all the sharp money knew exactly what side of the bill line of the line to bet on. And if you bet the money line, well you won. Because Kansas took a loss, that's their eighth loss in the last ten games. Or no, not, that's not right. Eighteen games, eight loss since December fourth, which wasn't that long ago. It has almost snowed as many times here in Kansas City as its as the Jayhawks have lost basketball games.
Speaker 3: That's bad.
Speaker 2: This is itp Utah lost edition.
Speaker 1: I'm Ryan Landreth, I'm Landing Fields.
Speaker 3: Then I'm cam.
Speaker 2: Let's get right into it. Let's get right into it. No agenda today, No, this is what we're gonna do. Let's just talk all about Kansas and yep, all right, okay, Utah seventy four. Wait, that can't be right. We don't normally read the losing team's score for oh my goodness, that boy number seventeen Kansas sixty seven. I'm not gonna lead off. I feel like one of you two should cam. You didn't even watch it live. You fell asleep, woke up, let's see how much they won by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no joke to all of our listeners. I actually fell asleep at halftime during this game. I had my phone on and had full intentions of watching.
Speaker 2: During this game, this riveting, exciting, balls to the wall game. You fell asleep, tip yep.
Speaker 3: I genuinely did not care. I figured within the first ten minutes Kansas was probably gonna lose, and then like by halftime it was close. It's like, ah, you know, we'll be fine. Went to sleep, woke up at like two in the morning, my phone still had the screen on. I'm like looking at the box scorn, I'm like, all right, first team score that I see Kansas looks like they scored sixty seven. You must be less than that. Oh boy, they have a seven in front of their score. That's not great.
Speaker 2: So if you're listening to this, it's probably a snow day where you're at Hopefully you're at home not having to drive around. If you are driving around, hope you stay safe and don't swerve off the road hearing all the goat screams in the background. Take your time on the streets out there. Pretend you're Dwan Harris. You got thirty seconds on that shot clock, going dribble around for a little bit. Just take your time, don't rush, no need to hurry. But if you are at home and you want to kind of know what that game felt like watching it, go pull on your pants, expose your your whatever whatever lies beneath your waistline, and go stick it in the snow and the minus thirty degree wind chill, and leave it there till it freezes and falls off. Because that is what it has been like to watch the last what ten ish weeks of Bill Self's preseason number one Jayhawk.
Speaker 3: I kind of lost Utah Kansas's offense right now, well, yeah, buckle up Kansas's offense, right I was kind of like that one dude that you like. The light turns yellow and he's in the left turn lane and he's just like inching inching forward and at the last second decides just make a you know, a bolt for the lane that's Dwan Harris and left of the shot clock and much so.
Speaker 2: Basically, it's this drop. It starts with tire screeching and ends in a crash. That's the gym ahin drops, so to call it here on this podcast, landon why has the season cooked? Whatever could have happened in this game that would make us think the season's cooked? They were a nine point favorite and Utah was picked to finish last. Hell, Utah's best win was like Cincinnati. There's no way Bill's preseason number one Jay aug could have done the unthinkable? Could they? Oh?
Speaker 1: They did? They did. Kansas or Utah held a small lead for most of the night. I had the reverse experience to cam by the Way, where I did not watch the first half. I was hanging out with some friends. We went out, we got some burgers, we watched a movie. I was checking the score on and off. I was like, oh, Kansas is down thirteen to five. Super normal to be down thirteen to five to Utah, except checking they were continuing to be down. I was like, this is this is not good. And that was where Uta sat for most of the night. Utah did take a double digit sixty to forty nine lead with twelve minutes left, and then Utah stopped scoring for nearly eight minutes seven minute long scoring drought. Kansas still trailed after Utah had a seven over seven minute scoring drought. They did tie it with five minutes left, but they only scored seven points the rest of the night. They got daggered by a white dude with a man vun setting a school record for three pointers. As the prophecy states, that was the second coming of Phil Forte with hair.
Speaker 2: And there is a very it's a good omen to what's about to happen in their next game. We have this drop on this board and originally here it is, Yeah, this is a very sad, sad loss. So originally the very first sad sad loss was when Kansas lost to an Iowa state team in twenty fourteen that wounded up making the Sweet sixteen in the Big Twelve Tournament. It really wasn't that sad, sad of a loss. We just had a not very interested in the game co host that wasn't paying attention to my game recap, so that's all he could muster at the time. And I feel like that that drop, that drop was made for games like this, because oh was this a very sad, sad loss. And you know what's amazing, Cam is I with?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: So Lammon's eyes didn't watch the first half. Your eyes didn't watch the second half. My eyes watched a game, I swear, according to watch, Well, no, I watched something much better earlier in the day. According to the Internet, every article I can find states that it was indeed the same sport I was watching that Auburn and Alabama played a couple of hours before Kansas took the floor to play the allegedly the same sport. How is that possible? So Alabama, who we all have just a full on Nate's Oates fetish for everybody who's new to this show. And Alabama's shot chart is a thing of modern basketball beauty. All they do is shoot within two feet of the rim or it's a three. There are no floaters, there are no mid range jays, there are no elbow jumpers. It is dunk, lay up, get fouled, or three.
Speaker 1: And it there is no dribble around for forty eight seconds, even though that's like antithetical to the shot clock for a step back mid range.
Speaker 2: And what helps is everybody on the floor almost always for them, can shoot. Same with Auburn, whose five man shoots threes at a very high clip. So then you watch Kansas where, oh my gosh, they they they acted like the long range twelve foot floaters were worth eight points in the second half. It's like they and Bill piss pants. Bill, who's calls the same dumbass play every single time? And this was at the end of the game when David Koit was trying to throw the law the little hook pass the hundred Dickinson, and he threw a horrible pass and it was stolen, and Bill starts up in his feet like he's stepped in dog poop. Over there, he's trying to get it off his shoes on the sideline. He starts stomping his feet, and I'm like, that's your play, nineteen eighties, Bill, over there, that's all you call. How can you be surprised in late February that it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: It's not only well, my comeback attempt against a bad team on the road isn't working because I'm not coaching my team very well. How could this happen?
Speaker 2: Whose fault is it?
Speaker 3: Not mine?
Speaker 2: It's not even that it's like late in the year.
Speaker 3: It's the fact that it's two years in a row where we've seen the same thing and they just don't have it, Like, none of this makes sense. Go in the portal, get shooters, scare them to not shoot, and then expect them to shoot more somehow, but they don't want to shoot. And so then you have Dewana Harris, who is sometimes a liability with a headband shooting floaters, and then kJ Adams playing thirty one minutes and logging like four stats, and then me losing money on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: Still sad. Everything sucks.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm full blown meltdown mode right now over this team. They suck.
Speaker 2: Well, then look and I don't think I don't think it's fair just yet they do say it's over. It's no. Yeah, this seam is, this team is is as cooked as that pig with a fifteen on it and a wig that they had at the Eagle Super Bowl parade the other day.
Speaker 3: This is this team might have had an actual stroke in the hospital. I don't think it was a hard thing. I think he actually had a stroke.
Speaker 2: I'm not willing to say that it's over for Bill self, because he's gonna reset and get this core out of here, and he's going to have a future potential NBA All Star leading his team next year. It's been proven over and over again. You have to have pros to win in college basketball in this day and age. Kansas I'm not sure has a pro. It might be Dickinson Doonga in the future. Maybe, uh, we'll see. I would be willing to take you up on a bet that.
Speaker 3: On Tigers.
Speaker 2: I think he'll start in Europe, but I think Hunter Dickinson as a seven to two stretch five will essentially play in the NBA a little bit. It's not good. He will log five minutes borderline pro whatever. They don't have an NBA guy unless you're counting Florey, who is not on draft boards at this point. I'm not willing to say that it's all curtains for Bill self. But here's the thing. Bruce Pearl is older than Bill self and had to completely adjust his coaching strategy. And you see Auburn's offense, it doesn't look at all like what Bruce Pearl's offense did whenever he coached at Tennessee and had a lot of success. Kelvin Sampson is almost seventy years old. He's a lot older than Bill self. He has completely overhauled his offense too. They shoot as many threes as any team in the Big Twelve not named BYU. They have completely adjusted how to win in today's modern era, and look at the results Bill self is trying. I'm amazed he didn't try to run the weave out there. He did everything else. And like the music, remember how he used to play this, the old March Madness intro. This is how Bill self wants to play. And oh, by the way, Bill, if you're gonna play three bigs, if you're gonna play three bigs, they better be able to rebound miss free throws. They couldn't do it and Kansas lost that also, whatever, just take it away, I.
Speaker 1: Would I would like to clarify one thing. You guys are saying that Bill Self is coaching this team right, and it's not a defensive minded clone of John cal Perry.
Speaker 2: And off it looks an awful lot like. And that's what makes me nervous because if they if next year doesn't go very well, if Darren Peterson is just alright and isn't the the the savior of this team that we think he will be, and maybe Florie doesn't come back in the five positions up in the air, and you know, if they're if they're okay, if they're the fifth best team in the Big twelve next year, then it's really going to look like it did at the end for John Caliperry at Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Correct, People are making that comparison now, and I don't think it's fair until we can zee Bill self flush this core. But it is looking a little bit like that. He has to hit it out of the park this Transfer Portal season coming up. I mean, it's it's not fair because he won a title three years ago. Caliperi didn't win a title since twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: Granted, you look at the sample size of the Portal era and you can say that I guess the first year was right, nil transfer Portal. Correct, that was the first year when they won the title. But since then, yeah, it's not been great technically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but with the exception of Remy Martin, that entire team was homegrown and also had pros on it. It had three pros on that roster, which you know, that's that's obviously desperately needed. I don't know if this team has a pro unless you count Flory eventually.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I kind of think this season is cooked and like to be it's funny I saw something, is it Evan Maya or Evan Miya? He does like college bass well analytics or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he sends, uh, he sent me that. He sent me that on Rock Chuck blog. How he says that he's buying low on Kansas saying that, yeah, if you ignore, if you ignore the eye test, they from a perspective, still resemble a team that has a good chance of making the second weekend. Like and it's literally cratch off if you're capable of holding your nose while you say it. They they do have the talent and the metrics suggest buying low might not be the worst decision. But also in our case when we watch it, they lost to Utah. That's it's usually not what teams that are getting ready to go on a big run in March. They also don't have the offense. Their offense is bad, dude.
Speaker 3: It's like going on a date with a girl that has more red flags than a Chinese Communist Party Olympic ceremony and going this is fine.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of red flags, uh, if losing losing to a sob U seventy five team on Ken Palm. That is a red flag. This is just the seventh time in the last fifteen years. It feels like that they lose stupid games sometimes, but you know, they lose the teams in like that forty to sixty range in Ken Palm quite a bit. But it's very rare that they lose to a team that's outside the top seventy five and Ken Palm. And that is after this they were in the eighties before the win. Utah is seventy eight right now in Ken Palm. Seventh time in the last fifteen years that Kansas has lost to a team outside the top seventy five and Ken Palm. It is one of the worst losses statistically and from an eye test perspective in the self era by the way that TCU loss so there are there have been seven. Can you guys name the seven losses in the last fifteen years to teams that finished outside the top seventy five on ken Pom. One of the worst losses.
Speaker 1: You remember, uh, I think you tweeted it. I did actually see the tweet earlier. I can't remember. Actually it was all on it. There was a real one to West Virginia that was like one hundred and forty fourth Ken Pom or something.
Speaker 2: That was last year. That was the team, Yeah, in West Virginia. Washington was the second worst after West actually the third worst because the first one was TCU who was two hundred and sixty fifth and Ken Palm in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: One of them.
Speaker 2: That's not only the that's not only the most stunny boss of the celf era. That may be one of the five biggest upsets in college basketball the last however many years. That's insane. K State in twenty fifteen barely finished up to the top seventy five, the final year of the Thomas Gibson era. Oklahoma State against the team that finished number one overall in the country in twenty sixteen, blew them out in January. Washington. As you said, West Virginia the year with Gerald Vick's nuclear start in twenty nineteen, West Virginia again last year and the Josh Eilert game, legacy game, and then Utah like this is bad. This is the eye test, suggest that it came at a horrible time, and I think that's what makes us worse. Some of those losses have randomly and then they got right back on their horse. Right the Oklahoma State loss in twenty sixteen, that team was a week away from starting a seventeen game winning streak. This Utah game comes at a time where you could ill afford to lose any more games outside the ones that were slam dunk losses like at Houston, and boy did they just go out there and lay an egg?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean, also, do you have any confidence that this team can win more than two games in a row.
Speaker 2: They haven't won two games in a row. Let's start with more than one game in a row. They haven't won two in a row since since the middle part of January, Like, it has been a long time since they've won two games in a row.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean that to me goes to like, not not to just sound like a just dude on Twitter that has no concept of what's going on, but to me, that speaks to leadership, the fact that this roster does not work and this team just does not have it.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find the last time that Kansas won four conference games in a row. Kansas hasn't won four conference games in a row since February twenty twenty three. They've only won three in a row once and that was the games two, three, and four of this Big twelve season, So like that's that's impossible. They're not stringing together victories at all. Last year, their longest conference winning streak was two and this year they did get the three early, but no, their last two game winning streak camp was January twenty second, when they beat Kansas State and at TCU, which, oh, by the way, were the first two games that somebody missed due to injury. We'll talk about it. Let's start with the bigs Landon. Let's talk about the bigs, the whatever, just go for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much everyone played poorly here. One hundred picks a terrible time for his worst game of the season. He finished with twelve points seven rebounds in twenty nine minutes. Even that line was worse until five garbage time points in the final sixty seconds, So yeah, he had seven points up until the last minute of the game because he was totally bottled up all night by Utah's height. He was four for twelve from the floor, including three for ten from two. He did have four block shots, but he also fouled four times. He was not good. Also kJ Adams, and he played twenty six minutes. He finished with four points, three rebounds, and he fouled out.
Speaker 2: Wait kJ fouled out. No no, no, no, no, Landon kJ Adams, the guy that does all the intangible things and makes all the smart plays.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, you wrote the notes unbelievable. I assume Lo his energy, he would never foul out. His energy alone would retain him at no more than four fouls.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm surprised Bill didn't say he was fabulous like he does every other game. Cam, I'll give you the floor here in just the second. Here's what I'll say about these two hundred. Dickinson played his worst game I've seen him play as a Jayhawk, and boy do you notice whenever he doesn't play very well. Also, I know that, but I'm trying not to be a box score merchant about everything. But like stats do matter, that points in rebounds matter. Hunter Dickinson gets twelve and seven and it is the worst game he will ever play as a Jayhawk. kJ gets ten and five. Last week in a game where Kansas beats call a freaking Ratto by twelve points and Everyone's like, oh my god, I can't believe you would suggest that he was anything but a shining star out there. Hunter's worst statistical game is every bit like if kJ had twelve and seven, it'd be his best game of Big twelve.
Speaker 3: Play correct, Yeah, I mean, you're not wrong.
Speaker 2: Here's your stat. Here is your stat. So the night that kJ got hurt on a lousy night in Ames, when Kansas lost for the fourth time in a nine game stretch, Flory was then entered into the starting lineup. He averaged ten to ten, which is a double double for a four game stretch where Kansas went three to one, with the one loss being that once in a decade collapse against Houston, So they almost did have a four game winning streak there. They were clearly playing better and their most talented player was developing rapidly. We said he was developing quicker than any freshman since Joelle Embiide. It was at this exact moment that Bill self said, all right, kJ, gets your ass back in that starting lineup and go energy it up. He cut Flori's minutes in half, and Kansas is two and three since Bill self put kJ Adams back into the starting lineup. It is not as simple as just saying Kansas sucks with kJ and they rock without him, but that sure tells you something.
Speaker 1: I believe they dissed you.
Speaker 2: I believe that this team's best stretch happened when kJ Adams didn't play. And it's not because they didn't miss kJ. It's because Flory, a better basketball player than kJ, was getting the opportunity to come into his own And now Bill self putting kJ back out there in a thirty five minutes a game role has completely shelled Florie's confidence and the team is actively word.
Speaker 1: Uh they are, and Floria is a better fit. Floria is a better fit.
Speaker 2: Than kJ, and a better scorer and a better rebounder and a better shot blocker and a better post defender.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's hilarious because you look at the roster. Bill Sooffle likes to play two bigs, but one of those bigs is undersized and can't do things that big men do, so that doesn't check out whatsoever and guards do. So there's just nothing there. Like I don't care. You can go on you know what, I don't even care. You can't go on to Twitter and claim energy is what this team needs. When you see guys playing with energy and Kansas losing to Utah, it's Utah.
Speaker 2: They suck.
Speaker 3: They suck, They suck, they suck. I'm watching them play right now. This dude is a walking liability with a headband. The worst free throw shooter I've seen in my entire life. Kansas went and lost to these guys. Kansas State is playing them better than Kansas. It's an embarrassment. Adams, great guy, shouldn't play more than ten minutes per game. I don't care what anybody says. It's ridiculous. Sorry, you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't be like all this guy may not score in rebound, but damn does he play energy and defense? And then what the last month we got Baylor hanging sixty on him in a half when kJ was defending his way out there. To that, you have the lackluster Colorado and Utah week where absolutely no f's were given from an energy perspective.
Speaker 3: Like the congratulations he plays hard. Anyone can play hard. It doesn't mean you have to suck at basketball to play hard. He does. Sorry, he doesn't suck at basketball. It's just it's so ridiculous watching thirty plus minutes for a guy that can't shoot, can't rebound, can't handle the ball. Congratulations, get floor burns. It's awesome. Holy cow.
Speaker 2: Do you think that Bill Self ever thought Dwan Harris and kJ Adams would play this much? Or do you think that he thought that they would and just would be better than they actually wound up being as seniors.
Speaker 1: Second, I think he still thinks they're better than they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do too. That's that was the third option. I was gonna see if either one of you brought that up. Like, I think he still thinks that Harris is an All League caliber point guard and that kJ is one of the most valuable players in the conference.
Speaker 3: He does, and that's where we're at.
Speaker 2: We watched Alabama and Auburn. We watched that game. kJ Adams wouldn't play on that roster. He wouldn't play. They would not have a use for a guy that can't rebounder score, and Dwan Harris wouldn't either because he's not a score first point guard.
Speaker 1: Now, also Bill Self, Like Bill, he has coached great teams, like great basketball teams. He has coached so many excellent teams and excellent players and excellent squads. That work together so well and created some beautiful basketball and some wonderful memories from my childhood. What has Bill learned from any of that? Like, this is the guy with twenty years at this school alone. What has he seen from all of that that he sees on this team? And I know that at this point in the season, you're stuck with what you have. He can't just go in the portal and find Frank Mason two point zero or Devonte Graham again, you know he can't obviously, like he can't do that. But but nonetheless, like what did he see Indwan Harris that were And I know Dewe. Harris was quite literally on the team that won the national title in twenty twenty two. I'm aware of that. But as was brought up, that was surrounded by three pros and a two thousand point college scorer in the backcourt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's make.
Speaker 3: Up for things.
Speaker 2: His only Sweet sixteen appearance in his last five tournaments happened when he had a dynamic score first point guard, saving their ass from what would be five consecutive round of thirty two losses. And his response to that was he gets out Marco Jackson, who didn't wind up being so No. The next year was the Harris Dick Wilson year, and Harris was good that year. He also, as as we admit, had had multiple pros to pass it to, and kJ had his best season at the five. And then the next year you run it back with Harris, but you get on Marco Jackson, who figures to play a little bit of the combo guard and he wasn't nearly as good as he thought that they'd be. And then this year self runs it back exclusively with Harris. Self goes and gets two point guards, including one that came at the expense of LeBaron Philon, who is a monster freshman at Alabama. He walks out the door and we run it back. Self's got three or four guys that can hindle the ball on this roster. And that's not even County on Marco, who was supposed to be here but got hurt and he still plays Harris thirty seven minutes in this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 3: It's just it's insane. Twan. Harris would be a great point guard if he is, like Landon said, surrounded by three NBA style wing that's what he.
Speaker 2: He's a backup he's a backup point guard. He is the shack more that's the role he should play. He's a very good defensive point guard who has a role. I think you can make it work with him as the primary point guard if you surround him with pros. But he's like in this game, what did he score in the second half? I wrote these notes. He had a great first half. Here it is Dwan Harris. Fourteen points and four assists in thirty seven minutes, going six for twelve from the floor. He played fine overall in this game. He wasn't the reason they lost, but he didn't do anything down the stretch. He didn't score in the final fifteen minutes. Earlier this week, for the millionth time, Bill self stumbles into Johnny's tavern and on Hawk Talk says, I really gotta get Harris's minutes down to the twenty six to twenty eight minutes per game range. He has said that in every week.
Speaker 1: You know what he really means by that, Ryan, Though he doesn't mean that he is gonna intentionally sit Harris. He means they want to win games by more. That's what he means when he says he wants to play Harris last is they just need to win so that Harris doesn't have to because in his mind there is no separation between winning games and playing Dewan Harris a lot. If you're in a close game, how could you possibly not have Dewan Harris out there, the Savior, the sun, god of the universe, Dwan Harris to lead you to victory.
Speaker 2: Well, and I don't want to just totally rag on these guys because Harris.
Speaker 1: Bill self has completely lost that. I'm sorry that might sound like a crazy take, but Bill self has no clue what he's doing. He's completely lost it. He has completely lost the hold of this roster. We and I said this in twenty twenty two, So if the same thing happens that happened in twenty twenty two, you're freaking welcome. But Bill self, we could do more with this team than Bill self is doing. We could do more with this team than Bill self is doing. If they go win the Natty and cut down the nets in a couple months, you're welcome. Bill self has no clue, no clue on this planet what he is doing with this team. DEWE. Harris should not be anywhere near this program. He is not good enough to play for Kansas. kJ Adams does not fit on this roster. He should not play, He should never play again. He should never play a single minute for Kansas ever again. And Hunter Dickinson can play, but if he does play, Dwan Harris and Cage Adams cannot be on the floor because they do not work together. And this team will lose several more basketball games if that is the case. And yeah, that's the That last point is the one I want to jump on here.
Speaker 2: You've lost a billion. It's not actually a billion, but it is what fourteen fifteen if you count the Cincinnati Tournament, lost fifteen big twelve games in the last two years, with plenty more on the way. How can you with his straight face? And I know it's easy to act like the sky isn't falling as it would be for most teams. Right they're a four or five seed right now, trending downward. But there's still there's still a top twenty five team right now. So it may sound kind of stupid to say, like Barry and fire everybody, But I don't understand how this coaching staff, considering what has happened now for the better part of two years, can not change that. Harris Dickinson Adams playing all the minute.
Speaker 1: What are they watching?
Speaker 3: But it's it's not even that.
Speaker 2: Why do you want more of that?
Speaker 3: It's not even that. If you look at the offensive ratings on Ken Palm for the last like five seasons, outside of the twenty twenty two Natty year, it's been like close to fifty every single year, it was like fifth. I don't quote me on this new market. Garrett forty one.
Speaker 1: Harris have led those teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's just the nineteen team. The nineteen team was just ravaged by injuries. They lost their seventy five percent field goal shooter, dunk Fest of a center to a wrist injury, and then Legerald Vick, their best shooter, left the program. That you give him a mulligan there, especially when twenty bounced back strong twenty one. They put all their eggs in the Garrett basket. They thought Thompson would be better than he was. It didn't happen. Okay, you flush it. The core comes back. They win a Natty the next year, save by Remy Martin, the exact sort of player that you have not recruited in a very long time, and then yeah, then you run back for our three straight years of starting point guard to one Hair Harris. Who has Dewan Harris scored twenty points in a game at Kansas. Has that happened?
Speaker 1: Wasn't a Kentucky game at the beginning of last year?
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, he did have the one Kentucky game where everything went right. He started one hundred and sixty some games at Kansas or played that many, and he has one twenty point game. That's a solid first half for Darren Peterson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just don't think you can have a guy with the ball in his hands for that amount of time per game. That's just not a scoring threat, especially in today's college game.
Speaker 2: God. Dewan Harris's game log page it almost crashes the computer because it takes up so much bandwidth. It's just so many games. Dewan Harris has scored more than eighteen points once in his career and it was yes, the twenty three twenty three points per game game. Again at the twenty three points in the Kentucky game land then yep once and you know how many times he scored more than you know how many times Dewan Harris has scored more than fifteen points.
Speaker 3: This year, assuming zero, I think it's zero.
Speaker 2: He got seventeen against you and C. Wilmington and that's it. Yeah. Uh, here's some more stats on these guys, just to put everybody in the pile and we can figure out what we want to do with them. Zeke Mayo led Kansas and scoring with fifteen points. He was four of nine from the floor. He made two threes, added six three bounds and three assists. He was more or less fine. The defense isn't great, but yeah, sure, go ahead, go ahead criticize Zeke Mayo on a roster with this many problems. He's not the issue. Ryland Griffin does suck. Yeah, he's not a very good defender, and and you know, it doesn't seem to matter the quality of the opponent that he plays either, because Utah is not exactly oozing with NBA guards that are difficult to defend, and he struggled. There also is really freaking turnover prone sometimes, especially on the road. Ryland Griffin got the start. He did make two of his four threes, finishing with six points and fifteen minutes, but a combination of four fouls in those fifteen minutes and being Bill Selft caused him to play very little down the stretch, which is totally okay because the Dewan Harris, kJ Adams, Hunter Dickinson show was absolutely scorching the nets where they did not need I had. I had somebody reply on Twitter whenever I said, man, it's amazing I watched Alabama and Auburn. I'll play the same sport. And somebody replied and said, hey, that's not fair. You just can't expect that because Kansas, Uh, we don't have the shooters that those schools have. What do you mean they literally have Alabama's best shooter from one year ago, he's on the roster. What did you do to him? How did you coach this guy in the offseason where he went from the best shooter in a Natos offense to looking freaking terrified to fire the rock because he's gonna get binged.
Speaker 1: Bupa pop up up up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I can do when you base your entire offense with three guy, well, two guys don't scored, and then one seventy foot two guy that's kind of slow, surrounded by guys they clogged the paint, and then you discourage them from shooting outside. That's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Here's what I don't get and hindsight's twenty twenty. But it seems like the plan in this offseason, after watching what we watched last year, was obvious. Hunter Dickinson was an All American last year. He says he wants to come back. That is the most important decision of anybody in your program. You get your All American center back. He's a staple there. And why in the world the instant you know Hunter Dickinson's back, isn't the coaching staff hammering the table saying we got to find the best four guys to fit around Hunter. One through four is so much less important than five. In this case, we got the All American center. Let's figure out what four guys best maximize his skill set.
Speaker 1: Because Ryan, the reasoning was not let's find the four best guys to fit around Hunter, it's let's find two guys that can play around Hunter to one and kJ.
Speaker 2: Yep, Yeah, And why did they think Why did they think that was the right call based on anything we saw yes last year? Why did they think Auto Locke thirty minutes a game with a throwaway a padlock shut three guys that can't shoot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why I'm saying, why is that where you start just just thinking about it, Like, it's actually insane to have three players in twenty twenty five that cannot shoot in the lineup. It makes zero sense And it's not an all issue.
Speaker 2: What happens if they have the the white kid from k State that shoots really well and last year's Ryland Griffin? What if those guys are playing the two in the three? So you got two great three point shooters on your roster. Is this team really that much better? I still think the fact that sixty percent of the guys on the floor can't shoot is gonna hold you back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, correct, Yeah, So the two in the still the hole.
Speaker 2: So Bill self went out and got Griffin, who was the top shooter in the portal. He got Quite who was a twenty points a game guy last year. Man, he got Shaq Moore who and yeah, Zeke Mayo and Shaq Moore who were both who have both been very good this year. And he got aj Storre, who was considered to be arguably the top small forward in the portal. He did max out options at the two and the three, but because the one and the four and the five gel so poorly together. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter who you put. It doesn't matter if you put Grady Dick as your three and Sophie m kay look as your two if the one, four, and five don't work this well.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes, that is accurate, And there was never a consideration that that wasn't going to be the case. I talked about this at the end of last season. You were all over this Ryan that kJ Adams could not start, and Nick and I at the time, we're both like, well, get ready because he's going to and that's where we are. There was never consideration that those three players weren't going to play. But is it those three players together are why you lost to Utah on the road.
Speaker 2: Is it because Bill self believes that is the best way to build an amazing basketball team? Or is loyalty and Bill self just really likes kJ in to one? Is that playing a factor here?
Speaker 3: That was one hundred percent both. He thinks that those guys are way better than what they are. He probably looks at it and goes, well, I won a national title with kJ Andwan on the roster, so why can't I do it again, and then he doesn't fill the spots with guys that would compliment them, and when he does, he doesn't play them in the right rotations. And it's just it's insane. It's it's so painfully obvious to every single person that watches this except for maybe two.
Speaker 2: And I think you could make an argument that just about every one of their losses that it was kind of a good time to buy low on them. They should have beat Houston, they should have beat Baylor. You take those two once in one hundred sort of collapses away, and okay that going into this game. Then you have five losses, right, you have two in early December against teams that are both ranked right now in crighton Missouri on the road. Okay, we take those away, West Virginia. You drop a stinker. It happens. Case State's been playing better. Like you can make an Iowa State really good team. You could make like okay, like it's seven losses isn't great, but like Aero could still point up right here, Utah is the one that just for me, lets all the air right out of the sales. This is a knockout punch for this team. And and then you gotta go on the road and play BYU who's better than Utah and they're very good at home. That's not an easy draw. Then you'll win your next two games. Could you get Oklahoma State in Colorado? But then you I good lord.
Speaker 3: If they don't, then then, honestly, hot take, I don't I wouldn't mind just seeing this team free fall just to prove people wrong that want to think that everything's fine.
Speaker 2: It's kind of one of those things where if you do believe that this team cannot win a title, and you believe that this team is not going to make a second weekend, It's kind of like in the NFL whenever a team is like seven and eight going into the last game of the year and they have like a ten percent chance to make the playoffs, but you know, if they make the playoffs, they're just gonna get blasted by whoever they play in the first And it's like, I'd rather just maximize the draft pick and miss the playoffs. So the coaching staff knows we've got to make a change, then fall backwards into a playoff spot or a Sweet sixteen appearance, and they think, oh, we're on the right track. Let's keep it up.
Speaker 3: That's kind of how I feel.
Speaker 2: Correct the rest of the players here, Flory, but dounga eight and four and twenty minutes, So glad he's playing less than kJ despite posting better stats in half the minutes. AJ Storr made an early three and Bill said, okay, that's enough, you're not playing in the second half. He finished with three points in twelve minutes. He's very quick to try aj Store and then very hesitant to play in the last like thirty minutes. I don't get it. David coy had three points. Oh yeah, more important than just well, he trust the one in kJ. He trusts kj's four and three with a foulout. But to be there, Bill self, trusting his players is yielding excellent results. Yep. David coit and made a three and twelve minutes, otherwise missed several shots. Shack Moore made two free throws in fourteen minutes, which is one third of what Dwan Harris played. Rakeys Passmore played a few seconds and Bill was like, Nope, don't like the way that his shoes look today. So back on the bench you go. You know. Then the thing about Ricky's passmore getting benched for sneezing. You know two people groups of people that love coaches who do that portal gets and recruits. They love it. They love watching freshmen go out there for five seconds and get pulled. They say, I can't wait to play for that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, It'll be sick when this is happening to Darren Peterson next year.
Speaker 2: If Darren Peterson decommits for any reason, which there's no indication that he is going to, but if he backs out of this, I think we have to burn down allen Field House.
Speaker 1: People extreme, I'll start to go fundme for buy bills, buyout.
Speaker 2: Hey, if we burned down Allen Fieldhouse, Travis Goff will find a sponsored to stamp on it. Today, I did not find out that Kansas was ranked number twenty three. They are ranked number twenty three in the AP poll brought to you by Delta Dental of Kansas. You go, Travis Goff, You're hitting all the points that we love. Take more seats at Allen Field House. Why don't you stay up a few more logos on the court while you're sucky hearted? Coach just John Caliperi two point zero less miles is himself out there and we play all these these these freaking non shooters on their way to another NCAA Tournament second round loss. We're nice and rational in this show.
Speaker 1: Might be a first round loss if they draw a ten seed.
Speaker 3: Though, like it could be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing. They're gonna be a very popular upset pick in the NCAA Tournament. And I don't know how you can blame rightfully. So yep, forty percent from the floor thirty eight percent from three to twenty four threes as opposed to forty one two is winning basketball. In twenty twenty five, they're the Jayhawks, uh seventy percent of the line. They lost on the glass by ten, which just sucks. They turned it over twelve times against the team that doesn't force turnovers. They got only seven turnovers themselves from a team that really usually struggles to turn it over. Just awesome, all things considered, awesome for Kansas. They are eight and six and the Big Twelve, well on their way to their worst amount of their highest amount of losses and conference play under Bill self. And they gonna play a bunch of white guys this week. It's gonna get worse.
Speaker 3: Neat ass.
Speaker 2: Big Big Twelve games. A whole lot of uninteresting stuff happened this week in the Big Twelve, aside from the preseason number one team losing to the team that everybody picked the finish last that took the cake. Well, and then there's this Cam. You were right, they were due Colorado seventy six. Look at us reading their name first for the first time this year UCF sixty three. The Buffaloes got a dub bop the champagne Cam. Go for it, You've earned you You're due to read a Colorado win? Oh?
Speaker 1: Is this me?
Speaker 3: Okay? I wasn't sure if i'd Heck, yeah, I do well in the game that nobody cared about, not even the player's mother's. Colorado notched their first league win. They were, in fact due led by I'm going to butcher this name, Andre Jackimoffski. It sounds like Jack mo Off, but he did fifteen points. Julian Hammond had eleven points. Colorado got his first Big Twelve conference play wins is March tenth, twenty eleven, when they beat Kansas State in the NCAA Tournament or the Big Wow. Excuse me, you.
Speaker 2: Really look at Cam's stat research on that one. You really went five dug into your bag right after saying that a player was named Jack them off. That's pretty good, that's his name. That that would have been the most interesting thing that's happened to Colorado all year. I guess number six, sixty two, number thirteen, Arizona, fifty eight Landon. I think that Houston is they identify as twenty ten's Kansas. They are the new cool kids on the block and we all have to live.
Speaker 1: With it, which means I'm really sorry about this, Houston. You are due for early to eight loss this year. An offensive rock fight that would leave Bill self in a state of sexual stupor. He shows again why it's the best of the Big twelve. Caleb Love finished seventeen points on five of nine shooting from the floor is wet five of nineteen, five of nineteen.
Speaker 3: That does.
Speaker 1: That makes a lot more sense. For a second, I was like good Caleb Love, and still lost not so much.
Speaker 2: See, we let Cam write the notes today, so you never know what to get here. There's a reason that I was very, very willing to let you guys read all these because I don't want to accidentally say a very inappropriate thing and then have to go censor myself It's much more fun to not censor you guys.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why Bill self was so bad in this game, because, much like Jackimovski, he was he was in a not fully coherent state after the Houston Arizona game. He was still thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Jakimovski. Yeah, we're gonna talk about Kansas State next. But did you guys happen to just see the basket that Brendan Housen made? Made From my goodness, whenever I said I'd love to have that guy on this Jayhawks team, he made a shot from the U in Utah. As Kansas State is playing Utah in a very entertaining game, but earlier this week they lost to a team from Utah. I know, I know, I'm watching it too. BYU eighty Kansas State sixty five. First time we've talked about the Wildcats taking an l for a WHILECAM, but it happened in the same state, the same beehive state that Kansas took one in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did I rest in peace to k State's hot streak that was twenty twenty five to twenty twenty five? Ema, bitch, Yes, I have nothing to add here other than I can't imagine Kansas student much better there, but that's expected now.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, Also other than Jim Orferdeck, can you guys name a BYU athlete.
Speaker 2: TJ. Hawes who is bald Zach Wilson's let me think of who else? Didn't they have a guy that that cam called Mia Khalifa that was not.
Speaker 3: The gutter man?
Speaker 2: All right? Yeah, maybe that was Ryan. It was like, uh, that's a very tall building, sir, building, that's so.
Speaker 3: I was lined any that one. That's just pathetic. I'm really that dumb.
Speaker 2: It was Ali Khalifi and he was an Egyptian. He was an Egyptian dude that Hunter Dickinson bumped and he said, gush, darn it, Hunter, get out of my huddle. And then b Yu went on a roll and h and beat Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse. And they're probably gonna beat him in probo number ten Iowa State eighty one, Cincinnati seventy. Uh back in the wind call and go to Cyclones. They are pulling away from the Jayhawks, as are many teams.
Speaker 1: Kurs Jones led the way here with twenty two points. Twelve of twelve from the free throw line, would wh might be two for two because Kansas, Cam is inconsistent with his placement of ones that beats most Kansas teams in entire games twelve or twelve from the free throw line. Though Jones was very good. Yes, Cam, I did see that word that you'd put in me, and you did not have to emphasize it very much for me.
Speaker 2: I that was me. I made it bigger.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough. Well, either way, Cam has put that gigil. James ejaculated twenty five points for Cincinnati. Cincinnati continues to suck. Yes, for anyone that's wondering, I do know what that word means, and I read it anyway.
Speaker 2: Only the best quality here on itp quality and comedy. Baylor seventy four, West Virginia seventy one in overtime. This is a bad loss for West Virginia's at large hopes and a good one for a good win for Baylor's.
Speaker 3: Yeah. In true West Virginia fashion, their athletics website is reporting that overtime was a free throw exhibition in which Baylor participated in West Virginia did not to participate. In other news, West Virginia continues to be one of the least educated states in the United states.
Speaker 2: It does, yes, and they're very educated when it comes to learning how to beat Bill Sealth because Kansas hasn't beaten West Virginia in a basketball game since win. It was when Grady Dick was here, and they almost lost that one, if I remember correctly, they needed a late They wore those god awful white and black jerseys and they almost blew that at Allen field House and Bob Huggins finale. I think you guys remember that game.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, that's right, I do.
Speaker 1: We should have we should have the GPA Tournament between like Mississippi schools, Alabama schools, West Virginia schools and the winner wins their school like funding, which isn't ever gonna happen in modern America. So that's a really first one. Winter moves on reason and no other reason.
Speaker 2: Winner moves on to play one seed Doug McDaniel in the finals.
Speaker 3: Yeah. First one to hooked on phonics at a second grade level wins.
Speaker 2: TCU seventy four, Arizona State seventy Landon. We said TCU was due to get to five hundred, as Jamie Dixon does, and they did.
Speaker 1: They did. It happened to be in the mount rushmore of ass games, but he did Outskunk Daniel and continues to be in search for his father's approval while losing conference games. But he's only slightly worse than his brother this year at this point.
Speaker 2: So Kna's notes are just so good.
Speaker 1: Bashir Jihad had eleven points in this camp his two day put up Wilt Chamberlain numbers with three points in sixteen minutes. Yet somehow fans still want him over Hunter. Make it make sense?
Speaker 2: Well, you see, the reason is because if he had stayed at Kansas, he would have turned into Wilt Chamberlain, says all the fans, who are also very critical of Bill SEL's development abilities. Uh so, yeah, even that's the.
Speaker 1: One thing he's typically good at.
Speaker 2: The one you want is zu Viega four not earn a two day Zubie's playing like a like an All Big East player, and then wrapping it up here Number twelve, Texas Tech ninety three, Oklahoma State fifty five. I'll finish this one because it's fast. Thirty two more points for j. T. Toppin, who I believe only scored seventy two points in two games this week. Nothing add nothing to add besides Oklahoma State lost by thirty eight in a game Land and predicted them to win. Cam wants to know. Will Kansas lose at home to Texas Tech. No, they won't, but then they'll lose the next game.
Speaker 1: They might lose a Tech at home. Text about a team like I said.
Speaker 2: Not at Allen Field House. That doesn't happen this year, right, Sure, It's happened a lot of times. Big twelve standings pretty much getting close to putting a bow on their second straight title and as many years in the conference is Houston thirteen and one, Arizona and Texas Tech now and I tie at eleven and three for second. Iowa State is ten and four, and then then you have a real steep drop off here. Kansas, Baylor, and BYU they're all eight and six.
Speaker 1: K State TCU they're tied for eight. They're seven and seven in tenth, West Virginia and Utah six and eight, Cincinnati five and nine in.
Speaker 3: Twelve, thirteenth, UCF, Oklahoma State at four and ten, number fifteen, Airs of State three and eleven, Colorado one in thirteen and they yes, to answer your question, they are still due.
Speaker 2: Hey guess who they do? Whatever you do don't ask your Alexa or your Siri who their next home game is against, because oh no, surely they can't do that, right, I hope I kind of attend that it's a ten o'clock tip off. Sir, you thought Utah was bad, that one will be ours step for that one. The matchup of the year, Oh sorry, other games. The matchup of the year was in Tuscaloosa, but it was a nonumber one Auburn That state did'sclaim as college basketball's undisputed top team, winning at number two Alabama ninety four to eighty five. Same sport that Kansas played, and a game they never trailed in. Jeni Broome had nineteen points, fourteen rebounds, and six assists. See he's an energy guy that brings the intensity and also makes shots and rebounds that you can do both believe it or not. He was in and out of the game with a hurt foot all day, still was a stud down the stretch. The teams combined to shoot fifty six threes and only committed eleven total turnovers. It is hard to believe that this, indeed is the same sport that the Jayhawks also attempt to play.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was texting my mother back. Plenty of other noteworthy results happened in the SEC. Number three Florida dropped South Carolina to oh to twelve, otherwise known as the Colorado of the South. Number eight Texas A and m essentially distinguished Arkansas's tournament hopes. Nineteen Ole Miss was upset by number twenty Twossissippi State, which means Missippi State it's going to get more public funding for their schools. Tough break for all miss uh Number twenty one Ole Miss rolled Georgia in a road win, and Rodney Terry got his signature win by rallying past Umber fifteen Kentucky in Austin.
Speaker 3: Number five Tennessee almost lost a home to Vanderbilt by the rallyed late to win by five. Speaking of Vanderbilt, on the women's side, Mickaleb Blake's broke her own Division one freshman scoring record by scoring fifty five points on twenty eight shots for the Commodoores in an overtime win in Auburn. And other women's basketball news page backers. According to Ryan, I have a girlfriend is still hot and the Yukon of women, and a four year home winning streak for South Carolina by depantsing the game Cocks on the road, and according to Ryan again once again, I have a girlfriend. I wish Pagebackers would get pantsed.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Also has a wife.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Yeah, yeah, my wife would be cool with it. Wait a minute, Atlanta, did you say that's crazy? What kind of nick take are you riding here? No?
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying that's a crazy thing to say. Page is extremely cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whenever I get the keyboard, I just feel like typing all these things.
Speaker 3: Page Beckers could drive one of those Kentucky Fried Chicken sports through my left nipple and I'd still make her practice.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying is this could literally happen in your living room right here, hold on, and you'd be like, waffles are pancakes? Page.
Speaker 3: Yeah. She also could run you over in my car and I'd apologize for being in the way, So it's all good.
Speaker 2: Speaking of being run over with a car. Porter Moser most Deserving and Best summarizes that gruesome analogy. A nine point favorite Oklahoma team over an LSU team that entered one in ten in conference play, the Colorado of the SEC, if you will, lit Land and said South Carolina as the Colorado, so they are there. Last year's ucf uh one in ten, LSU goes into Oklahoma and they trail by five. Oklahoma's got them pinned down like Kim would allegedly maybe do with pagebackers five point lead with just a couple seconds left, and they then gave up a four point play and a three point play in the final twenty seconds to the same player and lost at home. They made better combination than Porter. And that what I wrote, which I will not say on the air, but is there one in sports?
Speaker 1: It sounds like Jisel, James.
Speaker 3: Oh Man and sports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's many hundreds, if not thousands, if not tens of millions, of better combinations than those two things.
Speaker 2: Porter is a bad coach. And I saw Oklahoma as a first four out team on ESPN. And I now have to buy a new TV because I threw everything in my house through the TV when I saw.
Speaker 3: That, Oh my, it's my turn, I can remember.
Speaker 1: I think it's my turn. Yeah, it is my turn? Really like Wild Wild beginning sentence the mission, This is what Ryan wrote. The Michigan schools made power claims in the Big ten race as number eleven. It's really funny to me. Number eleven Michigan State ran away late to be Illinois in Champagne to stay in second place. This is Game of Thrones, just the big ten and number twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm feeling political this week, sir. Have you seen the news?
Speaker 1: I try not to.
Speaker 3: Uh, can we get the twenty sidebar here? Hold on? Can we get you to investigate the fraud and the spending that's going on with Kansas's nil because these guys saw.
Speaker 2: Elon. Yeah, he did say that there were like one hundred million Social Security numbers that had been issued to dead people. That is now the second biggest fraud in the history of economics. Shortly after a j score getting a million dollars from the Kansas Athletic Department. Oh.
Speaker 1: Also, they were gonna like declassify the files on like who killed MLK and JFK. They needed to classify the files on who killed Kansas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it turns out the guy that killed was actually Bill self.
Speaker 2: It was Eric Musselman. Whenever we really look back on it, or whoever made Bill selves, whoever made Bill selves? Last heart ventricle spas.
Speaker 1: I'm convinced there was a second shooter. Where were we?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, power claims. Number twenty Michigan got a road way in at Ohio State to remain an outright first. Also number sixteen, Wisconsin hung ninety four on number seven Perdue on the road, winning by ten to enter the league race themselves.
Speaker 2: Wisconsin hanging ninety four on you is the equivalent of any other basketball team not named Kansas scoring one hundred ninety four on you by the day. That's hard to allow.
Speaker 1: It's like that one to seventy six one seventy two NBA game from a year or so ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, folks, it is a two horse race in the ACC and one of them is a stallion. The other is slightly developmentally challenged. As number three, Duke continues to dust off lackluster competition by blowing out Stanford. Number twenty three Clempson destroyed Florida State on the road. These two teams are combined twenty seven and three in league played.
Speaker 2: Nobody else matters, correct, Nobody else matters, and Duke really doesn't matter either. But you know, Cooper Flag's pretty cool. Big East Number nine Saint John's right of the ship by holding off number twenty four Creton at home on Sunday. They won by thirteen. They're thirteen and two in a league that they are well positioned to win. The most shocking upset of the weekend came at the expense of Yukon. Did you guys see how Yukon lost this weekend?
Speaker 1: I saw that they did lose.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was something. They led a ghastly six and eighteen Seaton Hall team by seven points with forty five seconds left, just to blow it and go to overtime. Then they fouled up three in overtime, which you should do. Guy makes the first free throw, they execute the miss the second one on purpose, and get a buzzer beater to win by one. Play just a wild sequence. Yeah, Dan Hurley did not announce how many rings he had to the visiting crowd this time as he walked up the court.
Speaker 1: I thought he was the best coach in the sport.
Speaker 2: Well, he thinks he is, but the rest don't give him the call. So is he really? Seaton Hall is outside the top two hundred on Ken Palm they entered. Yeah, six and eighteen. They won the game sixty nine to sixty eight.
Speaker 1: That is nothing screams college basketball like an overtime game that didn't hit seventy.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yep. Sure does they have a lot of k oh my goodness, Caleb Love, just boy, if you guys don't have the Arizona Baylor game on, you should see what kayleb Love just did in Waco. I don't think it's legal considering how religious the school is, and Arizona has a double digit lead at Baylor, where from my personal notes, everybody who has a double digit second half lead down there usually holds on and wins. With the aspects of.
Speaker 1: You can't give up sixty points in the half. Just for the record, does say.
Speaker 2: That Arizona's in danger of that because they don't have kJ Adams on their team, so their defense is a threat to give up a lot of points in a half.
Speaker 1: Did De Paul win? No, they lost to Xavier by seventeen.
Speaker 2: Xavier's really good. I'm kidding, They're very much so not good. That's a bad loss, but De Paul's used to it by now. Cam. I think that you may not have a ton of time in Chicago left, but have you considered suiting up for De Paul just one time before you head out?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd do it.
Speaker 3: I'll stand in the corner, and we.
Speaker 2: Are, of course referencing the limited amount of time you have left in Chicago because you live close enough to a dairy queen where if you keep your windows rolled, if your windows are up in the middle of the night anymore times? Oh dude, right, Yeah, that it was a very impressive dunk by Caleb Love. Didn't know he could do that. There we as proof whenever people say how many points would the five of us score against the college back nuns, we would get that a lot many times. Ray seems to lose into the last podcast. Alabama they are number two, or they were number two. They lost to Auburn at home.
Speaker 1: On number seven Perdue they lost to Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Number thirteen years ow I lost to Houston.
Speaker 2: Number fourteen, Memphis lost a stunner to Wichita State. What Penny Hardaway got upset?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Number fifteen Kentucky they lost to Texas somehow.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna read what it says here. Number seventeen, shitty hearted Tomato, red washed bastard lost to Utah.
Speaker 2: What's the most what's the most true part of that? That six word claim, the poor horrible part?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like how there are six words in there and four were very mean things though, and you'll both thought, utah, oh that is true.
Speaker 3: That is true.
Speaker 2: Yes, Number nineteen old miss got punched in the face by Mississippi State.
Speaker 1: And number twenty four Creighton lost to Saint.
Speaker 2: John's and Landon had a losing record in Pick him. Last week. While we're on the topic of Chicago and Echine, closer, Buddy walk in the plank, another foot out onto the ledge.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be really funny when this is my last season on the show and then I am show canonically dead in Chicago.
Speaker 2: No, God, that can't happen. Don't you have to come back and watch Bill's self take Darren Peterson and lose thirteen times somehow.
Speaker 3: I I.
Speaker 1: I will not pull a Nick and disappear under the ether. I will return occasionally if I do leave.
Speaker 2: Yes, we need that when they when they lose to to Freakin Memphis in the second round of next year's Maui Tournament, you'll come back and talk about number four.
Speaker 3: Twelve, number Memphis sixty four. Guys, I really appear this points.
Speaker 1: No one else scored.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bill Soff is now on a on the sidelines.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we've had a lot of ask rcbs in the past, and there are thirty of these. We may, we may, And I intentionally waited until much later in the day to post this because I thought this would happen. All right, So we're gonna go ahead and let's let's boy, I don't even know where to start with this. We're gonna start with Hunter Dickenson questions. We're gonna start with kJ Adams questions. We're gonna start with lineup questions. Here we go, just a whole whole whole bunch of them that everybody wants to talk about. Let's see here at I don't even know where I want to start here. There's okay, look, there's a few, there's there's there's a few questions, a lot of questions about Hunter kJ, the Wan Flory lineups. We all. I think that I'll probably bypass a lot of reading them individually, because I think our our stance on the matter has already been made pretty clear, and we also know not a fricking thing's gonna change. We can answer questions like we could answer questions like would you like to see Hunter kJ and Floory set more screens? The free up the guards in motion yes, we would, but is that actually going to happen. No, they're not going to ever do that exactly. Now, let's answer questions about Bill's self. We have self has always modeled his teams to take on the personality of himself. So the question is has self just become soft since the heart thing? Because since then we've been soft bitches. I mean, yeah, sure, I still don't like that the angle of it's a heart issue. I don't watch these guys and think they don't care. I people are like Dickinson and Mao, and yeah, I think that they care just fine. I don't think the fact that they're getting a check means that they care less year and want to win less. No.
Speaker 3: I think they've also read slash heard that maybe they don't enjoy playing with each other that much, at least some of the guys, So there could be some of that, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, uh, you had Zeke Mayo like in a post that said, we need to play, uh, we need to play Flory Moore and the coach obviously has favorites. I can only imagine what Rikeys Passmore thinks whenever kJ bricks shot after shot and kJ gets sixty hung on him as he stays out there, and rikeys passmore can't take a semi open three without getting benched. Can't imagine that's great? Just like that segment at k tweets and News. Name a few more productive things you could have been doing instead of watching that game on Saturday. Well, both of you guys were either sleeping or yeah.
Speaker 3: Go for it, underwater basket weaving, driving in traffic while eating a cheeseburger, reading a book while driving a semi truck trailer, driving to John Dear traff on the wrong side of the road into the coming traffic, and then also flipping a pancake while trying to run across the street naked holding a kitchen knife.
Speaker 2: Wow, that was that was so off the dome cam. Is that like your your your weekend to do list or something? How was that? So?
Speaker 3: That's yeah, that's just how I want to go out.
Speaker 2: Which of those five things would be your first choice?
Speaker 3: Flipping a pancake while holding the kitchen knife running into traffic would probably be the best way to go because at least I'd be remembered for something like they'd be like that guy really tried.
Speaker 2: You all, remember you for your I'll remember you for your Big twelve recaps. Cam, don't you worry at whole? Underscore Ryan with a question that I'm curious what you guys actually answer with, no, are we watching the end of the Bill self era?
Speaker 1: I genuinely think there is a like better chance than I ever thought that this year is nearer the end of the Bill self era.
Speaker 3: I don't want to admit that, but I feel like Landon might be right. I want, here's what I'll say if next year doesn't become much.
Speaker 2: Better than Yes, Yeah, I think that's the answer. I think you're getting another year, and I think Bill wants to go for a while. But at the same time, he's always been transparent, and it said, I don't want to coach until i'm Roy Williams age, I don't want to coach until I'm Mike Krzyzewski's age. How old was Roy when he retired? Roy Williams is seventy four now, so that would have made him seventy one whenever he hung it up. And Bill self's only sixty two, so I guess he could go. He could go quite a ways, I guess. I think I think you're down to three more years at most of Bill self. And I don't think that's necessarily because I don't think that's because he's going to flimb out and be John CALIPERI. I just think regardless of results, I don't think the results are going to have much impact for when Bill self retires.
Speaker 1: That is true, though I also genuinely kind of wonder if he's become cal Perry already.
Speaker 2: Which is really sad, and that's not something at all that I want. And also from at K tweets and news, Let's say hypothetically you were not an expert in that case, would you rather have kJ Adams and Dwan Harris or Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan.
Speaker 3: Which one contributes to the energy chart?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say mj didn't always dive on the floor after.
Speaker 1: The Michael notorious ballhog shooter type.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, he scored a lot.
Speaker 2: Somebody on somebody said that if somebody said that if Billy had recruited Cooper Flag, he would have had to play the backup at the four, I.
Speaker 3: Mean you might be real. Yeah, I actually, Leandon, I don't think you're wrong.
Speaker 2: Self would have been like kill we play kJ had a three will that work? And all his assistant coaches are like putting him in a borderline straight jacket.
Speaker 3: At that point, he would have done it.
Speaker 2: Also, the assistant coaches are old by the way. I've seen people talk about how they need to get some fresh blood. Was it who who was the the football program that hired an athletic director?
Speaker 3: Essentially, are you talking about UNC basketball they were talking about?
Speaker 2: Was it USC basketball? That? Oh? G GM? Thank you at GM? Yeah, sorry, at GM.
Speaker 1: I think it's actually pretty common.
Speaker 2: Is un C thank you? Yes, Yes, that's exactly who it was. Yeah, they hired like a GM of basketball operation. And it's interesting to get an outsider's perspective who doesn't have that loyalty to the players that they've coached. And I also don't think Bill's going for that. I don't get the sense that Bill self is a sure someone else can come in and tell me who to put on my roster sort of.
Speaker 3: Guy Hall of fame, stubborn, arrogant Bill.
Speaker 2: Self at show me Hawk. How would twenty tens Kansas do in the current Big twelve of sixteen teams in a twenty game schedule?
Speaker 3: Pretty well?
Speaker 1: Well, because they're a good team and the bottom of this league sucks.
Speaker 3: They'd be Houston.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. Here's the thing that I think it's time we have a little conversation about the streak, which was a magical run. It will never be done again, especially not now considering how huge these conferences are now. But I think it's time to admit that the quality of the rest of the teams, the unbalanced schedule in the first handful of years there where they didn't have to play ou in Texas twice and they got to beat up on crappy Iowa State, KSE State, Colorado teams a bunch of times, but mainly the quality of the rest of the league there was for remember how long it was before a non Kansas Big twelve team eate a Final Four, Like it was like a thirty year run where the Big Twelve didn't have a non Kansas team make the Final four. That was a factor. And ever since you had Texas Tech almost win the title, and then Baylor did win the title the next tournament, and then you had Houston be the number one, it be a higher seed than Kansas last year. Like, it's it's time to admit that as good as Kansas was, and as good as they would be in this Big twelve, they would be in contention to win it. I think a lot of that dominance had to do with the fact that there wasn't another There's a reason Duke North Carolina neither one of them ever won fourteen league titles in a row, because they had another powerhouse in the league. Well, and they had a balance schedule that helped well in Kansas, did I mean all the year of the of the however many years that they had the ten get Yeah, But like I don't know, I think I think that the more I look at the streak, I don't necessarily appreciate it less. But I do think Kansas was clearly just one step above every other team in the league, which is almost exclusively because Kansas was really good, but also a little bit Gonzaga like in the sense that no one else was year any year out good enough to really put.
Speaker 1: That as quite revisionist.
Speaker 2: But yeah, not not anywhere near WCC Calimber, because that's Gonzaga and nine non tournament teams. I mean, like, look at the years Kansas won the league by a game, and yeah, yes they were. And they also had a lot more resources, which has been leveled a little bit in the last few years.
Speaker 3: It's true all valid.
Speaker 2: Also show me Hawk says, this team is just spiraling into the worst version of themselves at the worst possible time, really bad around effort the last three games. Maybe the magic behind the program was the Trajan uniforms. Not sure why we never wear them now. The women's team still does, the baseball team still does. I am got Nick and Landon hated them, and I love Circus font and I'm glad Circus fund is their primary uniform. But the Trajan uniforms got way too much hate that, especially those blue uniforms. That is classic twenty ten's go on the road and take take candy from a baby Kansas.
Speaker 1: I never hated Trajan. I was just pro Circus. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what trade means, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: So it's the fun. It's the fun. It's the fun that they had on.
Speaker 3: Their jerseys for just an alternate Trojan.
Speaker 1: Well, not like that, not for Kansas.
Speaker 3: There's no action. I didn't even mean that. Yeah, those aren't even a thing in Utah. The lord down there.
Speaker 2: At Elliott recent age a better non basketball question. If you had to choose a non Big twelve school to be a student at, where would you go? Arizona State?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for obvious reasons.
Speaker 2: Thousand USC is not a Big twelve team.
Speaker 1: I thought I said non Big twelve.
Speaker 2: Oh oops, she was a non Big twelve school. Yes, in that case, USC second choice would be would be de Paul.
Speaker 3: If I was a student at Arizona State and I was just on campus, it would take me one day to crash my car into a light pole because I'd be so distracted by the checks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nick was convinced that TCU could stand up. I could stand right there with Arizona State in that department. I don't know if that's true or not.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's not not wrong, He's not completely wrong.
Speaker 2: At Jayhawk Junkies, if you could pick one player to join this team, would it be Gerald Vic, Brandon Green, Josh Selby pre injury, or Isaiah Moss Selby Shelby was a really really good player before he broke his foot, Brandon Green, Just to just to absolutely yeahsane, chaos catalyst like ten times a multiplier to what this squad is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with how dysfunctional this team is, if you add Brandon Green to it, it would be one of the funniest teams in history.
Speaker 1: I think there would be see I the court between the Kansas players.
Speaker 2: See I'm going with the chaos angle with Josh Shelby too, because it'd be another talented point guard that Bill self would not play.
Speaker 3: Oh true, forgot about that part.
Speaker 2: At AJ Stevens And I've kept my mouth shut about this for too long. If Bill can keep running this lineup and be unranked, I can share this opinion. I've never liked the red and blue color combo. I think pretty much every other school has a better combination than Kansas. They don't really wear a lot of red. I don't think one college team that really has red and blue as their primary colors other.
Speaker 3: Than Kansas, University of Detroit, Mercy. There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not very many of them.
Speaker 1: New Mexico I guess, like not many New Mexico is not blue, red and silvery Bellmont.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think. Are there major teams am I who are forgetting Ole Miss?
Speaker 3: Maybe Ole Miss?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Miss is probably the call. Yeah, certainly, no one in the Big Twelve. I was hanging all those Big Twelve pennets downstairs or sixteen of them, and I realized Kansas is the Arizonue one. There are no other blue teams in this conference.
Speaker 1: Arizona's red and blue.
Speaker 2: I think the red and the blue is cool and they should lean into the red more than the white. Blue and white is Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, Yeah, but white is also just the function of the uniforms. They're primarily a blue team with red accents.
Speaker 2: What would blue and black look like? Would that be worse?
Speaker 1: Blue and black's a pretty good combo. I just don't think Kansas should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they well, they play like it at DS conscious Does anybody watch Zoobie play for Patino and feel even worse about the current state? Have Ku hoops? Hunter Dickens is better than Zubi edge of four Dickenster edge of four trade was working? I feel worse Like this is like whenever an NFL team makes a trade and with the draft pick they acquire, they get a very very good player, and they spend more time focused on the pick they traded away, Like, guys, it's the other team was going to get a good player out of this. It wasn't even a real trade, but you knew you were getting. That's a trade that you you make again tomorrow if you get especially seeing the results. If you had seen the results, you're still taking Hunter to get rid of both Zoobie and uh Ode. That was that was an easy one here. Elliot Risina says, let's put this into perspective. We've been treated to so many good self teams over the years that this could have happened with any team. They need to stop with all the fire Bill and the kids don't care talk. Sometimes it just simply doesn't go well gel wise. In the nil era, the rosters boom or bust.
Speaker 3: I agree, but I think the kids don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I that I'm willing to give Bill the benefit of the doubt to flush this core and see if he really is struggling to it, because it is Next year is going to be the biggest indicator. Well next people who are saying he can't he can't win in the portal era, like next year is gonna gonna really shine some light on that, and I predict that it won't get there. I think Kansas will be very good next year.
Speaker 3: I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Well, it said that for two years in a row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have at Presidence cursing. Everyone says this team doesn't fit together well, but I don't really feel that way. Is the issue that this team doesn't fit together, or is the issue that the lineups that do fit together haven't been given extended run hash time to work through some of the kinks. It is both. I think it's more two than one. I think there is a winning combination with this team to a relative extent. I don't think that that and I think that is with Les Harris, way less kJ and way more Floory.
Speaker 1: I do think it's a narrow window, though very low margin for error on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Correct, and Preston's Kirsik also says, there have been a lot of sad moments this year, But at what moment did you feel the saddest.
Speaker 3: Hmm, Houston Moss at home. Probably.
Speaker 2: I think it was the Waco game that I think the Baylor game was when I got kicked in the nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think it's the Baylor one. I think the moment where I really realized the team is dead is honestly the Colorado win. Le proof.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the bad week. Two more here that we will answer at Mayo. Zeke Bernard. We think the backcourt of Peterson, El Marco Quoit and Jamari McDowell is good enough or would you add another guy? Uh, it's Peterson and the rest of the gang. Like if I swear to God, I will take back all of my patient Bill self quotes. If that guy starts El Marco Jackson at the point and tries to have Darren Peterson play the two guards, I will lose it and come unglued like no one in the show ever has. This needs to be. Here's the ball, Darren, do whatever the hell you want for forty minutes a game. That was what next year needs to be. I think that backcourt is enough.
Speaker 1: Those backcourt that three of those guys will not start for Kansas next year, and the other is Darren Peterson. They will portle the frick out of the roster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they will.
Speaker 2: And I would take quite back. I would take David Koit back. He's got another year. I would absolutely take him back. Why would you not, He's an off the bench leader. I think that's a good that's a good fit. At Preston's curs sake. Obviously we're Jayhawks for life. But if you had to jump ship and Bandwagon one team. Who would it be? Can you cannot say Michigan State? He adds, yes, it's bad.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 2: Correct Love Love Nate Oates at justin ks to NYC. Is it a coincidence that our rating match at ranking now matches Michael Jordan's number? Is it a signed threes are about to rain down? Oh yeah, yeah, no, here it comes. Well, they're coming down, but it's not gonna be from this team because the final question here at KU twenty twenty two, Natty over under b Yu threes made tomorrow night. Oh buddy, here's your answer. And on that note, Babe number twenty three Kansas at by You on Tuesday, February eighteenth, at eight pm on ESPN. Yeah, it's gonna be cold. Yeah, it's gonna be minus thirty level col Then, yes, there's gonna be snow all over the place. So take off your shoes and watch a bunch of white guys make threes on the Jayhawks. What a great way to spend a Tuesday night.
Speaker 1: BYU is seventeen and eight and eight and six in the league. That's the same record as Kansas. Ryan has posted four pictures of the whitest men you've ever seen. They are all players for the BYU Cougars. Every year BYU's entire roster features at least one guy that's not white. Usually it's only about one. Maybe it's two. Next year will be aj Debond, so that'll be fun for them. Yeah, he's Yeah, they surround that one guy with sometimes that I can shoot too. They had the guy that Kentucky. Now he was a very good shooter as well.
Speaker 2: Jontheles, but he is a point guard. Well, yeah, you're just talking about black guys. I thought you were talking about centers. Okay, you met a guy. Yeah, they're one.
Speaker 1: Black guy because you're saying that that guy's usually a center. Sometimes he is, uh, sometimes they're they're one non white guy is also a shooter because BYU believes in one thing and one thing only, and that is firebomb threes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the one black guy on this year's team is sixty six. Uh tough, tough name even for me here Uh Fuseni Trey or Treory.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's the center. He has nine and six. They also have Keba Caida, who is also from Mali, at six eight two thirty. If they need a bigger body to hold Hunter he had six and eight. Both these players shoot sixty three percent from the floor, which is quite good.
Speaker 3: And then there are the white guys. Richie Saunders is the team's best player with fifteen points and three point eight. White guy Trevin Noll forty two, White guy Dawson Baker shout out to Dawson. A lot of Dawson's at BYU thirty nine actually is down, not Dawson, and same thing. And white guy Dalen shout out to Dallan. There you our Dallen Hall thirty five percent. Are all here to make a bunch of threes and say, gosh darn fiddle sticks when they rarely miss them. They also have a white guy, Igor Demon and his eleven points playing forward, but he only makes twenty eight percent of his threes, which means tomorrow he will go five for six.
Speaker 2: So here's the BYU analysis. Here's the scatting report from Rockschok blog. BYU is a top fifteen offensive team per ken Pom, but they are outside the top seventy on defense, which means that Kansas, if they play an above average game, might be able to crack the sixty five point mark. Here, so we know that BYU takes and makes a lot of threes on average. They get average here. They make eleven per game and shoot twenty nine times. That averages out to thirty seven percent. Those are all good numbers. They're a good passing team, they're an okay rebounding one, and they're pretty uninteresting in most other metrics where they do poorly in the in the ken Pom rankings. They are bad at drawing fouls. They're even worse at shooting free throws. Under seventy percent as a team is one of the worst in any team, out of any team in college basketball. They're not good at anything on the defensive end. They're not super tall, they're not super athletic. They're not good at blocking shots. It's very simple with BYU, arguably as simple as any team in the country. They're going to take a ton of threes, regardless of how good your defense is. If they're on, they're probably gonna beat you. If they're having it off night, they're probably gonna lose to anybody in the conference. And that is an incredibly unlikely event that they're not making a ton of them. They are a threat to get boat raced.
Speaker 1: All time Kansas is four and two against BYU. Their losses are last year in Allenfield House and in nineteen sixty a trip to Provo, eighteen years before black people were allowed to go to Heaven and Mormonism. Kansas's last win against the Cougars was in twenty nineteen Maui Tournament, where TJ. Hawes made a handful of threes in that Gamey Bau's top excuse me, my brain shorted out. Maybe it was karma from the black people comment I made about Mormonism. It's your fault Fournism. Bau's top nine minute getters were named Dalton Colby, Alex TJ. Jake Blaize, Taylor Zach and Connor A. Mere Cole. There's no Dallen in there.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about Blaze? Can we talk about Blaze? The Mormon?
Speaker 1: Zach z A C Is a perfect name for someone that plays for BYU. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think TJ. Hawes is the perfect BYU player when you really think about it. Though, there's a picture of him in the notes. He was twenty five years old when that picture is taken, and that man's hair has pieced out a decade ago, and he looked like he could be forty four with three children.
Speaker 1: That's the way he lives, I promise you.
Speaker 2: So let's pick this game. Is this is this as open and shut as Kansas is gonna lose, and they're gonna make a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of threes BYU seventy three Kansas sixty four.
Speaker 3: Yep CA BYU seventy six, Kansas sixty eight.
Speaker 2: I am going to say, Wow, Kansas isn't good Ryan, They're not that good Landon. But here's the thing. I'm gonna pick them to win this game. I'm gonna pick them to prevent their season from falling out. BYU opens as a one point favorite. So as laugh out loud funny as that may sound, this is basically a pick them and I I like the matchup with BYU.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I think kansas Is three point defense has been the strongest part of their team. I think Hunter Dickinson matches up terrifically with the yam nobody that theoretically should be able to stop this guy. Like on paper, if you look at this game on paper, you would say that Kansas, with their athleticism and their size, they absolutely should have their way with BYU. Inside, I think Kansas is better than BYU. I think that Kansas gets it on on the road and win seventy six to sixty eight, And I'm very well may be wrong and all curb your enthusiasm, all of it, but I gotta think that a team with a Hall of Fame coach and as much talent as this team still has, not being at Kansas in the past levels, but still a very talented roster. I gotta think eventually you see them breakthrough and get one of these. And I wonder, what is the vibe gonna be if they go in there and they win this game. Is that gonna start to make people feel better? Because I think it is that'll save their top twenty five streak.
Speaker 1: There's no such thing as feeling better for a team that's gonna lose maybe in the first round or around to thirty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you don't think a win does anything. You don't think a win does anything to up morale. Okay. Twitter's a fickle place, and I think that you're gonna see them start to tuck themselves back into getting the right draw. I'm not saying we will, which we have before, but Twitter's a fickle place. Save the streak, go win a game on the road and and you're it's it's a it's a coin flip in Vegas. Win a freaking road game. You're the preseason number one team, and you play at Kansas, show a little pride. I'll pick them and do it. We'll see if it happens other games in the Big Twelve? Are we missing a game here? Did I only write six other Big Twelve games? I might be missing one here, Number nineteen Arizona. Yeah, I know which one I'm missing, Number nineteen Arizona at Baylor. I will take the fighting Scott Drews at home, but I.
Speaker 3: Don't love it same uh Arizona.
Speaker 2: Uh. Kansas State at Utah Wildcats had a really really brutal loss to BYU. They really can't afford to do another one. I will say, they get it done. Give me the Cats on the road. Gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: I'm so confused because that game already happened.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, you were pretending, Yeah, we were pretending. Who would Who would you have picked? Who did? Who would? Your Draft Kings account shows that you may have lost a wagers.
Speaker 3: We do a great also show up here, guys.
Speaker 1: I'm so kind of yeah, kind of wild that we couldn't just say like it didn't occur to any of us, just be like that game happened, We're not gonna pick it because it happened when, Yeah, why, because we're not slavishly committed to just picking every Big Twelve games. We had to pretend like we it hadn't happened yet. If we don't know what that game.
Speaker 2: You know what? That sounds like Landon. That sounds like someone who's utterly terrified they're gonna get gunned down in Chicago here in a few weeks. Like absolutely trying to get plant is just trying to get El's off the potential and what would have been El's off the record. They all count because I'm gonna get to the end of the year and be like, why the hell did we only pick one hundred and seventy eight Big Twelve games instead of one hundred and eighty. Oh yeah, that one night we did a show real late and Utah already beat k State.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Ryan's like, who do you think is gonna win Arizona Baylor? And I'm like, oh, the guys, I see the score right now, I might win this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gonna be when cam Win's picked him by a point and he picked Arizona because they're in control of this game late. It's a it's a Mickey Mouse title. I think if I've ever heard one that there is this under protest.
Speaker 1: Now I officially under protest it, and it will be held up in court for several years, delaying my tricks in Chicago while.
Speaker 2: You disappeared to a foreign country while you wait. Yeah, Colorado at number eight Iowa State, don't know. I'm not gonna tell you if this game already happened or not, but it won't matter. Slash shouldn't matter. I will take the Cyclones Yep, yep. Number nine Texas Tech at TCU. Horn Frogs have been hot. Do they slow down the Red Raiders? Uh?
Speaker 1: It won't be as bad as the Oklahoma State game, but I will take Texas Tech.
Speaker 3: Yeah Tech.
Speaker 2: TCU is kind of on the bubble. They could really use this one. But Jamie Dixon never hovers far from five hundred. I think they take an l on the Red Raiders win. Yeah. Number five Houston at Arizona State. That feels like a blowout and it will be like a nine point final and be like, huh, Houston got bored again, but they'll still win.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm ryding with my son Devil's one more time. I'm gonna take him out.
Speaker 2: Wow wow wow. Uh fast forward here to April third, or whatever day that is, land and be like, wow, there's a lot of dairy queens in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: Maybe after Landon officially quits this show. I just caught what Cam said. But hey, can there's an Angel Reese McDonald's combo meal commercial on my TV right now, come with a brick for.
Speaker 3: The toy.
Speaker 1: Right into that one, didn't I come with the sight of jealousy.
Speaker 2: Hey, I like looking. I much prefer Angel Reese and these commercials to John Cena, I guess. But after Landon officially quits this show. Uh, that is whenever we will tell you what the pick and punishment was. Hello, with US Cincinnati at West Virginia. I think these teams hate each other, so I will pick the home team.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Sure, UCF at Oklahoma State. That may be the most unwatchable game out of all one hundred and eighty of these.
Speaker 1: Give me every week about one of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going with UCF on the road. I kind of agree but they're really slumping right now, Cowboys. You don't think the Cowboys get caught looking ahead to their big showdown at Allen Field House this weekend. It's Bryce Thompson's finale at the Fog for realest time and year number five. Yeah, I'll take the Cowboys. Other games. Number three, Duke at Virginia. Do we think that the Hoosiers are Hoosiers? Not them? Do we think that the Cavaliers the Who's offer any resistance the fighting flags? Gotta be real careful with that.
Speaker 1: L another game that already happened, but we're still picking for some reason. That's not even a big twelve game.
Speaker 2: Duke did win, Yeah, and would have none of us show Virginia correct, So we'll give up. See So don't you feel like you have a better on good on better? Conscious? Can say, Duke there because you knew you wouldn't have cam. I know you would have picked Baylor to win against Arizona at home. That was dirty.
Speaker 3: No, I did not. I actually picked there.
Speaker 1: I picked.
Speaker 2: I can pull up in drafts, I can pull my receipt for losing the parlay that included Kansas State, But I picked Arizona. Monk cams like I always put my hard earned United States currency in Caleb Love's hands.
Speaker 3: And road games yep, never let me down before.
Speaker 2: What could go wrong? For the record, That game is a four point game with two minutes left, so that could go either way. I guess number thirteen perdue at the Breslin Centator to take on fourteenth Michigan State. Do the Spartans continue kicking Purdue during their slump?
Speaker 1: I say yes, Yeah, I think Michigan State makes a real nice power claim here and gets a win against Purdue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I.
Speaker 2: Think Michigan State's gonna win that league. Yeah. Illinois at number eleven Wisconsin trap game potential, Wisconsin coming on a high high. Do they get it done at home against their bitter rival?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Illinois beats him on the road.
Speaker 3: Good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oregon at Iowa and the I needed a seventh game, so have fun with this. Give me, give me the Hawkeyes yay Sea Land, and imagine where we'd be without Without the games that already happened, I'd really be struggling to get pick them points.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm so glad that there's no other amount of games we could pick Iowa.
Speaker 3: Sure, give me the Ducks.
Speaker 2: Number seven, Texas A and M at number twenty one Mississippi State. I'm sure that the road pick is going to be super popular here, but I think Texas A and M is a top four SEC team. I think they're very good, and I think they win here.
Speaker 1: I will not believe in Mississippi State again. Give me Texas A and M.
Speaker 3: Yeah. A and M.
Speaker 2: Number four Alabama at the Zoo Crub. Tough matchup for them at number twenty one Missouri. Alabama's schedule is preposterous down the stretch here do they get it done? In Colombia they.
Speaker 1: Win by twenty, they come out pissed and win by twenty.
Speaker 3: I'll take Bama.
Speaker 2: Here is Alabama's last six games. I agree. These are their six opponents. You guys ready for this At number fifteen Missouri versus number seventeen Kentucky versus number twenty one Mississippi State at number six, Tennessee versus number two Florida at number one Auburn.
Speaker 1: That's that's the nuttiest stretch of college basketball I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: But they gotta win some of them, and I agree they get Missouri and number ten Saint John's at DePaul. Did DePaul win just became will de Paul win? No? They will not? No, No, lost by a lot. Nope, yep, I needed it was a rough. It was hard getting to seven other games. So you know that I like to keep round numbers because that's easier to add. We will be back later this week to talk about Kansas winning in Provo, and they will white guy the white guy when one of their walk ons comes in and makes threes because they're up by thirty in garbage time. That's when Dwan Harris will finally play twenty six minutes a game. Sure, oh good, this is itp I'm Ryan Landreth.
Speaker 1: I'm landing fields that I'm Kamla Pool.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, say goodbye to the top twenty five streak.
Speaker 3: Yeah bye, Bill.
Speaker 1: Good chance.