Speaker 1: Two decades after nine to eleven, have we learned nothing?
Speaker 2: The Glenn Back Program weekdays and nine on fifty five k r C, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Flave O five.
Speaker 3: A fifty five k r C, the talk station Friday Eve.
Speaker 1: And of my work week. Got it off tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Say what you want about the tennis of national socialism, dude, at least it's an ethos you play that. I was thinking of the outcome of the mayor race in New York City. Joe Happy Friday, E Bryan Thomas right here, Glad to be Joe Strekker where he belongs, right there in the executive producer booth, and lined up some good guests this morning. I enjoy moving away from politics and talking about health and wellness with Georgie Revenavman and Keith Tennantfell, the men behind the Restore Wellness dot org site. And we're going to be doing that again today seven oh five with George and Keith, and moving away from like diet and exercise, which we've talked about a lot before. Stress major factors involving our health. Stress, like both mental and physical. We'll talk about physical stress, mental stress, mechanisms of chronic damage as well as topic number two. You know, broadly speaking, sleep and how important the sleep is, how much we need the quantity equality, and what disruptors are out there, most notably your smartphone. If you leave it on next to your bed, it'll go off all night and you'll be interrupted in your sleep. I just I don't understand how people could even do that, but there is our that's our topics for George and Keith. Seven oh five. Joe Montgomery dto five would be in studio. What's happening at Patriots Landing. The good people at Patriots Landing veterans building craft out of wood and other materials, selling them and supporting the mission which is to provide support for veterans organizations. Joe's been around for quite some time and Patriots Landing is just a really cool operation. And apparently he's got a big announcement to make here in the morning show regarding activities going on with the Patriots Landing. So eight oh five with Joe, and then of course it's Friday, Eve I heard need the aviation. Nextvert Jay Ratliff joins the show today TSA banning a specific type of cell phone from all flights phones in topic number two as well, phones continue to be stolen at airport security checkpoints, and he's going to provide an easy way to help you prevent that from happening to you. NTSP blasting both FAA and Boeing for the Alaskan Airline door plug flight emergency when the door blew out, European Union decides single pilot flights maybe not such a good idea. And finally, hub delay, as we always end with Jay and what it's to be traveling out there, I guess hot is not necessarily disruptive to air fl air travel. Don't know, love hearing from you if you want to call in feel free five three seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. I don't have to dive into the real the big details right now, but a couple of emails on Judge and Paula Tany yesterday who said that those bomb strikes that we did didn't do anything, Well, that's not what everybody's saying.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: There was that initial preliminary report built on one day's worth of satellite imagery, which suggests that the program was only knocked back a couple of months. Well, uh, you got both Iran is Iran Israel and the United States with some pretty interesting statements suggesting, yeah, they were pretty badly damaged in the face of that leaked intel report which the left grabbed a hold of just to prove that this was an exercise that was not worthy. Trump of course crowing a lot destroyed, badly damaged our nuclear installations. Here here's A's Foreign Ministry spokesman Ismail Baghai speaking with Al Jira Al Jazeera quote, our nuclear installations have been badly damaged. That's for sure a close quote. Well, since it's coming from an Iranian spokesperson who I'm sure is not trying to overstate the case that they were very badly damaged, but badly damaged, that's for sure. That's kind of a Franco mission, I would say. Of course, Israel's Defense Force chief came out and said significantly damaged, calling these US strikes devastating and setting the Iran's ability to develop nuclear weapons by many, many years. So across the board, and then there's all kinds of other talking heads and experts rendering their own opinions, all of which seem to be lining up that the mission was if you want to call it successful, I call it successful. Well or not you agree with the lawful reality of it. It does not appear right now that we're going to be in another forever war and Iran's nuclear threat has been removed. And isn't that a grand and glorious thing for the globe, One less potential nuclear holocaust. Anyhow, It's something I wanted to bring up related to really nothing. Although at the top of the hour, News talked about the bill landing on Dwine's desk with the money for sports projects. There's already gonna be a lawsuit filed on that. We dive into that a little bit later, but former High Attorney General Mark Dan in a press conference yesterday morning, announced a complain he is going to file on Franklin County Court. I guess the minute judged or Governor de Wine signs the bill that is, of course, unless he light eye and veto is the allocation for sports facilities. Attorney Dan called it a classic unconstitutional taking of people's proper. Pretty the funds that are in the Unclaimed Funds account that not belong to the state. They belong to the people who lost those funds. That's generally his concept for the legal challenge, and bully for him, since I don't want our money going to fund those private sports stadiums. But many times over the years it pointed out how expensive it is to hire a lawyer. And you know, quite often and most notably in criminal cases, you'll get people to greet a plea deals that they, you know, for crimes they didn't commit, or plea deals where they have to admit to maybe something more than what they really actually engaged in. Why because well, the lawyers are too damn expensive. I'm going to get out of this. The potential for a judge sentence and me to a much longer prison term or other penalties outweighs the the you know, my ability to defend myself, like the concern that you might lose. And then there's those pesky legal bills if you get in the crosshairs and have to hire up a lawyer. Now this unlike plaintiff's law suits where you've been injured in an accident and the lawyer will take one third or up to fifty percent of whatever he recovered or she recovers from the defendant, you don't have to pay hourly. You do have to pay expenses, though, but you don't have to pay the hourly attorney rate. Now, if you're Hunter Biden and you're defending yourself in court, you got to pay the hourly rate. And guess who just got sued. Yes, Hunter Biden lawyers are sued him for unpaid bills substantial in their words, substantially in excess of fifty thousand dollars. Winston and Strawn a heavy hitter in the legal profession. This is the District of Columbia office of Winston and Strawn. This preach a contract against mister Biden front paid legal fees. Let's see here. I'd hired the firm to represent him in several complex matters, including criminal trial in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, and the firm provided him with extensive legal services in those matters, which generated a substantial amount of fees. Cord to the firm, Hunter has been dodging their efforts to those fees from him, not responding to their demands, hence the lawsuit. Despite repeated requests for payment, mister Biden has failed to pay the Matteo's shocking. Probably no one not exactly a man of high moral ethical character Hunter Biden.
Speaker 1: But the reason I bring this up.
Speaker 3: A New York Posts had previously reported the attorney fee hourly rate Hunter's attorney Abe Lowell, who has since left Winston and Straw but still has an hourly rate of fifteen hundred and ten dollars. Joe, that's pretty close to what you make, isn't it one five hundred and ten dollars per hour? No, that's not a month. That's per hour, not a weekly salary. This is per hour. Billing rates for other services and attorneys at the firm Winston and Strawn ranged from two hundred and thirty dollars and I guarantee see you that's a paralegal rate that doesn't even buy you a lawyer per hour.
Speaker 1: All the way up to.
Speaker 3: One thousand and nine hundred and forty five bucks an hour. I don't know how people can go home and sleep at night charging someone nineteen hundred and forty five bucks an hour. I mean, there's some impressive lawyers in the in the world. But you know, and the other component of billing, when it comes to billing rates, what increment are you billing at now? Back in the old days, we used to do quarter hour billings, so if I spent five minutes with you on the phone as a client, that went down as one quarter hour. That was the minimum billing increment, which if you do the math, you can end up working more hours than there actually are in a day. And know that was unethical, but I'm just telling you that's the practical reality of it. They've moved that down to fractions, you know, like ten minute increments or five minute increments now with modern saw where it's easier to track how much time you actually spend with someone, and there's all these softwares for clients to use, and the insurance companies, who quite often are paying these bills to scrub through the attorney bills and then haggle and argue over the size of them, usually with the law firm cutting some of the time. But you know, if you're springing from nineteen hundred and forty five bucks an hour, you're in for a world of hurt. So litigation is really really expensive, and therein lies the challenge for so many people out there who end up in the crosshairs most notably of governments nefarious or otherwise. And you know, I immediately think of something that Donald Trump's supposed to do something about d banking. Now, this is an Operation Choke point Eric Holder's invention. We have Operation choke point two point zero, which is the informal coordination between financial regulators and banks to d bank legal but politically controversial sectors, most notably crypto firearms manufacturers, anything that the government left is don't want you to be involved with. They pressure banks using the regulatory scheme and threatening them with well audits to get them to stop doing business with unliked disfavored businesses that are nonetheless absolutely legal. So administration is reportedly preparing an executive or to block banks from non services to these disfavored industries. And whether or not that has that works, and I hope it does. But see one of the reasons the banks will capitulate and turn you off and cut off your bank account and say they don't want to do business with you anymore, is going back to the point made on Winston and Strawn's hourly rate. You know, they got to pay lawyers to deal with these regulatory invasions. These government employees, you know, coming in and starting to go and you go through all the laundry at the at the bank. Because there's so many banking regulations, a lot of banks kind of sweat bullet thinking, you know what, they're gonna come in here, they're gonna find something, and then we're gonna get fined and Penaliyes, so why take that risk? Why not just say, okay, we'll quit doing business with that particular entity and we'll end the entire process that goes on all the time. I think it's an awful thing and ultimately becomes just a question of whose ox is being goreed. But litigation expenses and compliance regulation expenses, which involve a lot of lawyers, are one of the reasons they would capitulate five seventeen fifty five krs. The talk STATIONNLKA away plenty to talk about this morning, and I'd love to hear from you. There's a topic you want to talk about. I'll be right back.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station, our iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Musician five on three seven hundred eight two three Talk Fine five fifty on at and g found check out the podcast and you can't listen live. I did and Nixon run for since a city council. He was in studio as a reform Democrat, probably going to run as an independent, but he is going to join the Republican Party when the window of opportunity shows up for him to change party affiliation. Aw Fair described himself as a Frederick Douglass Republican, which I had thumbs up. Bonnie also mentioned he's a member of the west Side Republican Club and friends with Westside Jim Keefer and the King Maker west Side Jim Keefer. So anyway, Brandon seemed like a really nice guy, so I wish him all the best. We could certainly use some diversity on Cincinnai City Council, and I'm talking about political diversity. And I just want a littybody to know. Today is the thirty third anniversary wedding anniversary. My wife and I have been married thirty three years today. We've been together like thirty coming up on thirty eight years. In that wild I mean, I've been with her by more than half of my life, substantial mount more, and I'm lucky for it. I give my parents a lot of credit for raising me as a savvy and astute person, and I tried to learn from my poor relationship mistakes before I met my wife to find someone you know, I could convince to go out with me, even though I was out of my element. As I always have pointed out over the years, outkicked the hell out of my coverage. So Paul that if you're listening, I love you, and I appreciate your willingness to stick it out with me. I'm very happy about thirty three years Today, Supreme Court is going to be issuing quite a few important decisions winding down its term going into the summer break schedule to issue pigeons today on major major cases. First off, birthright citizenship. Now this isn't going to resolve whether or not birthright citizenship is okay, but whether or not federal judges have the right to issue nationwide blocks to presidential decrees. Some suggest probably one of the most significant cases to be facing this term. So Trump's executive order ending automatic citizenship for children born on American soil has been paused by district courts in Maryland, Massachusetts, and Washington claiming it's unconstitutional. So a nationwide injunction coming up from those various different district courts. Remember, you have district courts at the bottom level, you have circuit courts, and then of course you go up to the Supreme Court in the federal court system. Question before the Supreme Court today is whether a single district court can freeze an executive branch move with a universal injunction. Trump administration asks the Supreme Court to restrict the jurisdiction to just the district in where the case was brought, so we'll see what happens. It's not going to resolve whether or not the executive order is lawful, constitutional, or unconstitutional. Porn site age verification case coming down today Free Speech Coalition versus Packs and Texas law requires porn sites to verify visitors age, one of twenty states with this kind of requirement, Critics arguing it violates the first free speech rights District Court sided with the adult entertainment industry. Free Speech Coalition saying the law restricted access by adults too constantially protected content. Big question mark where that one's going to go. Students in LGBTQ theme content before the Court today and the decision also again do out today. It's a religious rights case examining whether parents have the right to pull their children from public school classes when books containing LGBTQ related content are read or discussed. Now, Maryland originally allowed parents to do that, let them know ahead of time, gave me a chance to opt out of classes featuring these books aimed at well. They claim it's aimed to combating prejudice and discussing gender identity and homosexuality, which by necessity, is a discussion of sexual relations. And I would argue many of these young children are not necessarily prepared to have a conversation about what it means specifically by or homosexual or lesbian or one of the other letters that are in this letter jumble, and when the exception of transsexuality, which discusses whether someone can be a man or a woman even though they aren't biologically, that at least does not require a discussion of sex. Regardless. If I was a parent, I'd want to op my kids out of that crap. I just don't want them being indoctrinated. But they retracted the option of allowing parents to do that, so parents are soon because of that cancelation, say the school's inclusive curriculum. It infringes on there the plaintiff's collective Christian and Muslim faith and First Amendment rights. So I'd like to think that they would go the way of allowing parents' freedom to choose what their children are being indoctrinated with Planned Parenthood funding. South Carolina's Republican governor issued an executive order cutting off reimbursements to Planned Parenthood clinics for services of the Reproduction of Health Medicaid reimbursement program said Medicaid reimbursings were not for election related services or abortion related services. The master said providing any funding to Planned Parent amounts to a taxpayer subsidy of abortion, which is a good argument. Money is fungible. Planned Parent. It has a pile of money it provides let's say, regular health care services, which is what they're arguing they're entitled to get the money because they do provide regular health care services, but they also provide abortions. That one pile of money comes from a variety of sources, private donations, whatever they can fundraise on I don't know, and federal tax dollars, maybe even state tax dollars. In this particular case South Carolinas. Well, if you get an infusion of cash with the restriction that you can't use that money for abortions, which has been deemed lawful and those exist out there in the world, especially on a federal level. You give them a pile of money, they say, okay, and what do they spend it on. They spend it on their air conditioning bill, maybe some salaries. They spend it on providing other services which freeze up the rest of the money that otherwise would have gone to pay those bills that they can provide abortions. It just facilitates the provision of abortion. Money is fungible. It always ends up in one big stack. And just because you claim to allocate federal dollars into the stack that doesn't go for abortion services doesn't mean it doesn't take the weight of providing those services off. It's all there in a big pile. Five twenty eight fifty five KRC DE talk station. Stick around local stores or phone calls. They're always welcome. I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC dot com. What's the best place to be? Five point thirty one.
Speaker 3: Happy anniversary to me and my wife and thank you for the nice note. I just got a text from my wife in advance of a three day weekend. HMM seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two three talk found five fifty on eight and T phones Tom good to hear from you this morning as always this little.
Speaker 5: Note or are we bordering on a little t M I here? Or are yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you read into what you want man, I have been happy, happily married for thirty three years.
Speaker 5: Well, I have no doubt that you have been happily married. And congratulations, by the way, as if you if.
Speaker 3: You doubt whether she's been happily married for thirty three years, you just go ahead and ask her. That's a that's a two way street, brother, that is a two ways I was.
Speaker 5: Gonna ask where she sends her halo in to get a polished So he must he must be a saint.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but you and I could.
Speaker 5: Both say the same thing about our wives. Reason why I know I could joke in you because I'm in the same boat. So yeah, the US man, we definitely got the better end of the deal usually. So anyway, congratulations, no goodness, I appreciate I got. I gotta throw some kudos out normally if I start complaining about trying to think it's a negative thing. Uh, this morning up in the Coleraine neighborhood I live in, and this guy Uh got to we come to a four way stop, and he got to the stop sign just before I did, and he clearly was wanting to make sure he got out in front of me. And normally that needs that good. They're gonna go slow, they're gonna go to speed on it. That's normally what happened. This guy, no, he was. He was in a bigger hurry than I had. So tudos to UH, to the guy in the in the big white Ford fan, thank you very much for for not making sure you get in front of me and then yelling slow. I appreciate it. The uh, the whole planned parenthood brings up the whole subject of why are all these organizations being funded by the government in the first place, and they're not actual government agencies. Uh, I have a problem with I mean, look, I'm not a fan of the government. I'm not sitting here saying that, Oh, as long as the government does it, it's fine. But why are tax dollars going to an organization that is not basically an official government or organization? I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Well, it's because it's healthcare Medicaid. If you're a Medicaid eligible institution, that could be any healthcare providing healthcare services, then you can't be discriminated against. And so Planned PARENTHOODS argument is, Listen, I know we're not allowed to use tag fare dollars for abortion, but we are providing other medical services to women who come into our clinics. It isn't just women coming in here for abortions. We provide medical services, so they claim that they're eligible or go. You can't cut it off because we also provide abortions. That's the two separate stacks of money, nonsense fungibility that it just avoids the innovades the reality of what's going on.
Speaker 5: Well, should in the Medicare Medicare Medicaid benefit go to the individual? Because I know that if we go somewhere and I try to use my medical benefits, the system basically will will either allow me or not allow me to. Here's my benefits based on whatever code is used by the Gods office or the pharmacy or whatever, or.
Speaker 3: What kind of insurance coverage you have in network, out of network that kind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. We got a card that has you know it wants a benefit card and then like blue Cross, Blue Shield, whatever, and then I got another one that's got some money on it because the money that's banked up through my health savings thing, and I can't just use those cards for anything I want, So I don't understand why the benefit doesn't just go with the individual. So if an individual goes to Planned Parenthood and they get health care services that are not abortion, then okay, whatever your health care benefits worked here, you're just going to a medical provider. And if you try to use it to pay for an abortion, Nope, kicks it out. This isn't covered. To me, that would seem like a simple thing instead of giving in the organization money. I just I think it would save us money as well if we just didn't hand out money to these organizations that are not being overseen by the government and an actual government agency, and so we don't allow these liberal policies to be funded by the tax payer. That's that's where the problem lies. So we shouldn't be allowing that to happen, and we definitely shouldn't vote Democrats.
Speaker 3: Have thanks, Tom, I will, I will Tom. Yeah, that's a problem illustrated by the USAID revelations. You know, it's it's a problem of follow up and oversight. You can't do an accounting on every single recipient of government money to show that they are doing with the money what they promised. Uh, they are going with the they promised to do. Anyway, I feel free to call if I went three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk and get in touch with Chimneycare fireplaces though, take advantage of the heat and while you're not using your fireplace, your free standing stove, your self feeding wood waste pelts though, whatever you got by way of something that's got a chimney attached to it. Have the chimney checked out. As far as exterior evaluations. Chimneycare Fireplaces, though, is providing those for free. Protect your chimney from water damage. Have those experts take a look at it and make sure there's nothing bad going on up there that you might not even know about. That's a free inspection. You get that along with a sweep if you take advantage of a wood burning sweeping evaluation only one sixty nine ninety nine. How long has it been since your jimney's been swept? So there's someone right there going I need to sweep the chimney. Yeah, koreosode build up catches on fire, you get a chimney fire, cracks of the lining and could burn your house down. Yeah, that's the reason to spend one hundred and sixty nine to ninety nine great deal on that one video camera inspection. Make sure there it isn't already cracked and there's no other damage in there. Assessment of the creosode build up, and a certified chimney sweep all included in that. Along with that exterior evaluation of course, call a plus for the Better Business Ureau since nineteen eighty eight locally inoperated two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred book appointment online and learn more. Got a beautiful showroom Chimneycareco dot Com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the talk station Kelsey Chevrolet is self.
Speaker 3: Coming up on five forty two to fifty five city talk station. Going to go directly to the phones before I get to the sacking stud but I got Jay on the line. Jay, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome back to the morning show.
Speaker 6: Hy Good morning, Brian. I don't know if you saw it or not, but I think it was Breitbart hadn't had an article that.
Speaker 7: RSK Jr.
Speaker 6: Is was in front of Congress talking about the budget he needs for helping human services, and in that budget was a bunch of money for marketing, and the marketing was to be directed. So somebody asked the question marketing for what?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 8: Marketing?
Speaker 6: Because his goal is that every American will be wearing a one of these health monitoring devices.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's or an Apple watch.
Speaker 3: Trying to encourage people to wear will not make them, but encourage them to wear one because then you're in better check, you know, connection with your health. I think they're cool devices, but I wouldn't want one just because it's constantly monitoring all this information and sending it up into the ether. Just one more data point for some hacker to get a hold of, like you know, mind your own damn business.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and or you know, the federal government getting that information.
Speaker 1: It's possible.
Speaker 6: So yeah, So why would why would he have a goal that every American would have one of these and be wearing one wearing these in four years? So I would say, you know, at the least case, it's a very dumb idea for taxpayer dollars, but it certainly shows that some of us on the right who had some concerns about we're going to have a Kennedy and the Mega movement, who's going to tell us what you know, we shouldn't have Red Die forty follow that up.
Speaker 3: I hear your concern, but I just want to interject. You know, he's not trying to mandate it. It's like promoting the food Pyramid or whatever the hell health guidance they're providing on any given topic. In order to get that information out to the American public, you need money to do marketing. Now, you might disagree with the idea of wearing one of those devices, but even I, who will not ever buy one and will not ever wear one and cannot be ordered by my government to wear one, I don't choose to wear one for the information and the privacy concerns, but I will not deny they are very valuable keeping track of your health. They monitor all kinds of important things, including blood sugar, you know, blood pressure, and if you're constantly in touch with that and stand on top of it with information these devices provide, that's good for you. That's his point. That's why I wants people to wear them, so they're better connected to their health. Most people just avoid their health altogether. That's why we have an obesity crisis in our country.
Speaker 6: So is it the role of the federal government to tell me about something I already know about and you not to wear.
Speaker 3: You jay already know about it. That's the problem. You pay attention, you read, you listen, you are interested in looking out for yourself. There's a lot of people out in the world who don't have any understanding at all. That's the question of what you know, whether got what government's role is to educate people. But if it's going to make us all a better, healthier, happier nation, that's good for domestic security, it's good for our brown personal health, it's good for our mental health, and there's a lot of reasons why it's a positive benefit for the American people.
Speaker 6: So my prediction is, what's what's the subsidies come along with it? So we're already going to pay for the well, yeah, in the marketing of it, now here comes the subsidies for it. And then we're going to start handing them out for free.
Speaker 1: Like cell phone. Yes, that's it. See that is and then if you have.
Speaker 6: The government device and to stand it out for free, well, then you know, log into the government site and we're going to set this up to make it easy for you and incentivize you. This is going to be I predict this is exactly like to be big brother, and you're going to be incentivized that the government can watch your health data. And you know, mom and dad, would the federal government be your parents?
Speaker 3: I will not argue with that, absolutely right, that is the inevitable slippery slobe will go down. But at no point in this discussion have you suggested for a moment that the the federal government can order us to have one of those art If you accept government benefits, you accept it with the strings attached, and that's something I would not accept. Most notably, if the government is collecting information, take your free smart device and shove it with the sunnon't shine. That will be my response. Of course, you know damn well that wouldn't be the responsible a lot of people in America. But you'd make your choices and you live with the outcomes. Appreciate it. Jay, If I forty six fifty five krc DE talk station, is that knee, hip shoulder pain not getting any better? Maybe you're stuck with a cycle of steroid shots and a surgery has come up between you and your doctor. Hit pause for a second. Say about something help A lot of people get their lives back without more medications, without going under the knife. It's QC Kinetics leaders in regenerative medicine using treatments like advanced cellular therapy and platelet rich plasma which actually help your body heal itself. No masking the pain goes to the root cause of the problem. The cellular treatments contain growth factors and healing properties which maximize your body's ability to heel itself. So you know two set of patients cordy QC Kinetics reports satisfaction with the results. That's just not a number. That's peace of mind. And is this a right thing for you to consider me? Yeah, that's why I say take them up on their free consultation. You can find out doesn't cost anything for this second opinion, Like you got, surgery is an option. How about QC Kinetics for an option. So give them a call and set it up. It don't cost netting to do five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine it's five one three eight four seven zero zero.
Speaker 4: One nine fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: When you're hiring, have you as your Shannaine with the whole cast day partly cloudy day later, pop up afternoon storms between noon and sunset. That's when the best chance is. Ninety two for the high with the heat index of a one hundred or more clear, muggy seventy three overnight sunny hot even tomorrow, pop up afternoon storms a lot like today. Ninety two for the high with a heat NX around one hundred, muggy. Over night. Heat advisory ends at eight pm on Friday night. There's skies in seventy four and a high of eighty six on Saturday. And they I do see the words cold front approaching. It's seventy four degrees right now, in time for d traffic.
Speaker 9: Frondly you see how traffic centery you see Health, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal. Make your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more head you sehealth dot com. Highways not bad at all to deal with early on this Thursday. Northbound four seventy one is under five minutes from two seventy five into town in Bend seventy four, less than five minutes coming down the hill from North Bend to seventy five. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Five fifty one pitty five KRCD talk station heading two D stack is stupid. Looking forward to having George Breneman and Keith Tennefield talk about health and we'll be talking about stress and sleep as opposed to food intake and things along that like exercise. Gentlemen behind Restore Wellness Dot Org a couple of great guys. I enjoy our conversations, and it's nice to move away from politics for a little while.
Speaker 1: Over to the stupid that we go to Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Knoxville, Tennessee man facing multiple charges off the police said he beat another man, stripped him naked, covered him in bleach, and kidnapped his child.
Speaker 1: Nineteen years old.
Speaker 3: Charles Coffin charged with the accravated kidnapping, attempted second degree murder, and tampering with evidence at a theft. Police say the detectives were conducting a wellness check at the home at four o'clock in the morning Sunday. That's when they found the victim in the bathroom naked with serious head injuries. They also noted the three year old child and and the man's vehicle were both gone. Officers later found the car with both Kaufman and the child inside. He reportedly told police he'd been asked by the child's mom to a pick up the child, Coffin told police, and once he got there, he got into a fight with the victim. Report said Coffin slammed the victim into the ground, hit him in the face multiple times with his fists, beat him with a toilet plunger, then stuffed the plunger in the victim's mouth. Coaufin also admitted to officers that he dragged the victim into the bathroom for reasons unknown, stripped him naked, and then poured bleach on his wounds. As for the child's mother, she denied telling Kaufin to pick up her child and said she'd never allow him to take custody of the child. Victim taken to the uc are UT Medical Center. Current condition unknown.
Speaker 4: The Aricocrat Wow.
Speaker 3: We go to Florida Broward County convenience store clerk facing an aggravated battery charge after deputy said he shot a customer at the gas station. Broward County Sheriff's Office said the shooting happened around twenty till midnight outside of Fort Lauderdale. They say clerk Abdullah Monther forty six, got into an argument with the customer over the price of.
Speaker 1: Beer too what the hell?
Speaker 3: Sheriff's office arrest report said, when the customer threw an unknown object at Monther, described as possibly a piece of paper, the clerk took out a gun from under the counter and shot the man in the right calf muscle. Yet, he said surveillance food he showed Monther take out the sig sour pistol, racked the slide fire in the customer's direction. You mean you didn't have it pre loaded. In an emergency situation, you might not have time to rack the slide anyway. Then he called the wounded customer, I can't there's so many dashes in this obvious Kurt sword that I can't even figure it out. Oh, initial word P something, then the A word, and then an N word. You decide what he said, and then followed him around with a gun. Alleged confession was redacted from the publicly released report. Alright there and get this one. Burlington, Vermont City, Vermont, attempting to tackle a long standing law that allows people to be nude in public, city council approved new ordinance aimed at curbing the nuisance of public nunity downtown, coming as a number some downtown businesses have urged the council to please act on these In this issue, they said, there have been multiple reports of incident in recent years of indecent exposure in public areas and around schools. Under Vermont law, Burlington police are limited to when it comes to addressing the incident, councilors said, the new ordinance aims to strike a balance. According to City council President, based off of similar ordinances that cities and towns around Vermont, in and around Vermont and around the country have stood up. We need to find a fine balance between protecting folks right to free expression as well as that level of a niscent exposure that's really a public nuisance. Nudity not illegal in Burlington nor in the rest of the state of Vermont. As long as a person does not undress in public or harassment others, it's legal for them to be naked. Not an odd distinction. So if you don't go outside and take your clothes off in front of people outside, but just walk outside completely naked.
Speaker 1: There's a distinction between that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just last week Montpierior hosted the annual World Naked Bike Ride. That is exactly what I was thinking. Joe five fifty six fifty five KCD talk Station and plenty coming up in the six o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Loved hearing from you.
Speaker 3: If you got something to say, feel free to direct the subject matter of the conversation. Give me a call up right back after the news.
Speaker 1: Big things are happening.
Speaker 4: You're coming to you live right now.
Speaker 2: We'll tell you more at the top of the hour and arrest just in this one Operation.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc D talk Station. Don't let the pops out play and Buck. Here is where we are right now.
Speaker 2: We are rocking, Clay Travis and Buck Sexton, kicking ass and taking nature today at noon fifty five KRC. It is six oh six on a Friday eve and a very happy one to you, Brian Thomas. Looking forward to hearing from you. If you got a comment, maybe something you want to talk about. I love hearing from the listeners.
Speaker 3: Five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk on five fifty on AT and T phones one hour from now seven oh five with George brenhaman Keith Tennefeld in studio talking Restore Wellness of course the gentleman behind Restore Wellness dot Org. We've had some great conversations, been on quite a few times talk about health and fitness, and today we're going to be talking about stress, both mental and physical stress, and some things you can do well, some things that result from the stress, chronic damage among them, and then how to manage some of that, as well as sleep quantity equality, what disrupts it, and what the realities of sleep deprivation can lead to in your life, and some helpful hints from George and Keith. Looking forward to Joe Montgomery and studio. What's happening at Patriots Landing. I love what they're doing at Patriots Landing, helping veterans, you know, relate, build projects together, interact, giving him some mental help by just by virtue, and then gathering together in the workshop and making some really cool products that support the mission. Apparently Joe's got some announcements to make about big announcements of what's going on in Patriots Landing, So eight oh five with Joe.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to have him back. And then Jay.
Speaker 3: Ratliffe, I heard media aviation expert on a good variety of topics. TSA apparently is banning a specific type of cell phone from all flights. In other phone related news, apparently they're stolen a lot at airport security checkpoints. He's got some ways to help stop that from happening to you. And NTSB concluding that the FAA and Boeing are to blame for the door plug blowout flight emergency on ask Alaska Airlines. European Union decided single pilot flights not a good idea after all that, plus an update on hub delays and whether it's a good day to travel Tomorrow, I will not be here, thanks in advance and Gary Jeff Walker for covering for me on my day off Tomorrow celeb three day weekend. It is my thirty third anniversary or our thirty third anniversary. I know I said it in the last hour. Some people are just tuning in. And I'm really really happy that I have been married to my wife and that she's stuck with me and that she agreed to go out with me after shooting me down the first several times I asked her out. Sometimes you got to be tenacious. My philosophy has always been a woman's immediately going to go out with me or throws herself at me, and I'm like, red flag, I don't have enough confidence in myself. I'm too self deprecating. That's like, oh my god, what the hell is wrong with this woman. So by virtue of the fact that she said no the first couple of times I asked her out, I kind of view that as a good thing.
Speaker 1: Anyway. I love you.
Speaker 3: We've been together like thirty eight years this December, so thirty three official years of marriage. And a lot of people react into this election in New York City, and you know, I'm puzzled by it, and is this the reality of how far left the Democrat Party has gone? This left wing? Some people are calling him a communist Zori Mamdani on the mayoral primary, and the reactions have been pretty wild, including this, the Democrats' reactions, they're not quite sure how to deal with this, and a lot of reports from the political pundits in otherwise, including like James Carville, that all Democrats in big elections are going to be facing the realities of this guy and his far leftist policies. Are you cut from the same cloth as Zorhan Mamdani? If you say no, does that mean that the Democrats are not going to support your campaign? If you say yes, does that mean the Democrats are not going to support your campaign? I mean, I'd like to think there's a lot of clear thinking people within the Democrat Party that, like my guest yesterday, former Democrat and now Canada for City Council Brandon Nixon, feels as though the Democrats left him. I mean, what has this party turned into? I mean we've gone full on socialist slash commune in the Democrat Party. So Democrats debating nationwide how to respond not only to the defeats last year, but how to deal with this guy on a going forward basis in the direction of their party. Now apparently this mam Dami's guy, he's thirty three years old, he's never had a job from what I've heard, other than politics.
Speaker 1: Kind of like PG.
Speaker 3: Sittenfeld main theme affordability, And you got a guy that's running around promising you basically free stuff and things. Sometimes people will vote for that, not appreciating fully the economic consequences and reality of what's going on. This is pure, on plain and simple wealth redistribution. This is class warfare and how it's going to fund all of these grand, glorious concepts. This Mamdanni's guy's got apparently resonated to the city because New York City, if you haven't gotten the memo, really really expensive. I have to point out that the editorial board from the Jurnalism the iron at the affordability crisis is the result of failed democratic governance. Rent control and eviction limits have caused landlords to take tens of thousands of apartments off the market. A higher minimum wage raised the cost of food and other basics, while rich union contracts keep transportation inefficient and costly. Climate bans and mandates have raised energy costs. You're your own worst nightmare when it comes to affordability. So entermm dommie. What's he gonna do about it? Add to it? Start off, how will he pay for the stuff that he wants to get to? In a second, higher taxes on businesses and high earners and they already pay fourteen point seventy eight percent. That's the city tax rate. So that's before you get to federal and state taxes. And if you haven't gotten a memo on this, a ton of the rich people have already moved out. Big businesses have relocated to places like Florida where they don't tax you. You get to keep more of what you earn. There's not somebody in elected capacity saying I know better how to spend your money. Let me take your money and spend it on something stupid that'll dig us further in a hole. So it's going to be a crisis. And a lot of people think this is like the end of Wall Street. All the Wall Street investors and fat cats who currently live there are just going to pack their bads and get the hell out before they come and raid the balance of their profits. So, anyway, what does you want government run grocery stores, you know, like they had in the collapsed Soviet Union, Government run grocery stores, Well, that's a recipe for disaster. Talk to the folks that actually run a going concern, Kroger for example. You know what profit margins are slim? Grocery business, very slim, single usually low single digit profits. Okay, a government's going to come in and what they're going to create more efficiency. Well, when the got unlimited tax dollars to feed upon, they don't need efficiency. Hmm, that's an interesting thought. Free bus rides, which of course will make the buses free. You know, the bus fair does help offset maintenance and upkeep. Anyhow, mandatory freeze on forty three percent of the city's rental units rent control more rent control, which had the effect of the property owners taking those off the market. So you're going to see an exacerbation of the housing situations. And you know, just by arbitrarily freezing a rent that has no connection with the expenses, the owner of the building has the taxes they pay and everything else that goes along with maintenance and upkeep of an apartment building. You know, you can only charge X for rent, and you can't raise it at all, even though the taxman comments and the utility bills have gone through the roof. Because of our green policies, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, you're not allowed to ask your tenant for more rent. He declared himself an election night to be a model for the Democratic Party. Well, he's a model cut from the Bernie Sanders AOC wing of the party, and they're the squeaky will that's gotten the grease, and the Democrats did nothing to stand up against them. And again, maybe I'm overly optimistic in thinking the Democrats in large part probably reject this mass this mass move to the far left wing of the party, the supporters of you know, DEEI and LGBTQ plus surgeries and all of that kind of crap, but also this outright dictatorial reality that this man is running on. They run around screen fascists all day long. Fascist is when your government runs of things, or rather dictates and mandates what business is private and otherwise can do. So they're screaming about the exact same thing that they want. He is going to unilaterally decide what rent's going to be, and how does he fund free buses and grocery stores and all that right, drive by driving the wealthy out of the state. This is a recipe for disaster. And I know the campaign's only getting going, and there's going to be challenges, and there's going to and there are other parties or candidates running, but wow, you just think more people would be in tune and aware to the just the process that has been tried and tried and tried, this left leaning governance, which has put them in the precarious state they find themselves in. He's also against ICE agents being in the neighborhood. He does not want any ICE agent around. He wants to protect all illegal immigrants in New York City, including the criminal element. I suppose, I'm not quite sure that's wildly popular thing for the people that live in the neighborhoods that have been overrun by immigrant gangs. By way of illustration six fifteen fifty five KRC the talk station. Maybe you get something to say about that or something else. Plenty of topics to talk about this morning. First, a word for the Gate of Heaven Catholic Cemetery. This beautiful place it really is, and summer invites reflection on their mission. Warmer months meaningful time to walk around the grounds at Gate of Heaven, located in Montgomery, visit loved ones, connect with peace and purpose at Gate of Heaven's mission, which is to affirm that sacredness of all life at all times. It's a great place for prayer, reflection, and remembrance, and it's a comforting experience for visitors who go there and it's a welcoming place for all. So head on over to Gate to Heaven Cemetery and you know, live in the moment for a change peaceful environment to do so, to learn more, just go to Gateohaven dot org. That's gateof Heaven dot org.
Speaker 4: Fifty five krc our iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Music Channel nine.
Speaker 3: First warning weather volcanoes, hot clot party, cloudy day to day, pop up afternoon storms for the best chance of those happening between noon and sunset today' igh ninety two with the eat NX more than one hundred overnight mostly clear, muggy seventy three to low tomorrow like today ninety two for the Highway. The heat NX around one hundreds. Pop up afternoon storms, muggy overnight again seventy four for the low heat advisory hands eight pm Friday night.
Speaker 1: Saturday's high eighty six.
Speaker 3: And I see the word cold front in the weather report seventy five degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update from the uc UP Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: At you see health, go find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you sehealth dot com. Highway is not a problem this morning. So far, northbound seventy five has been running under seven minutes out of earline. You're into downtown inbound seventy four looks good at Montana Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR.
Speaker 8: See the talk station.
Speaker 3: Six fifty five KRCD talks that'd be Friday, Eve five, one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk counter Fact fifty on AT and T phones and fifty five Casey dot Comedy can't listen to Judge Inn to Politano Live defending Congress and Massey, and he did make a comment that I expected some disagreement with, saying that the bombing of Iran, which he believes to be completely unconstitutional act by the president, which is as we learned as that conversation developed, there's apparently not a damn thing anybody can do about it. And I kept trying to pin him down on what's the recourse if this, in fact was unconstitutional, and there's a big, you know, looming debate out there whether or not he had the ability to do that. It's done. It's over with multiple presidents have been done. The stage was set for this to have been done by Trump. So what's the recourse ultimately nothing? And how do you ring the bell of dropping bombs? I mean, the subsequent congressional action may herb the forward nature of the deployment, you know, maybe depriving funds for the activities, but you know, obviously Congress doesn't have the will to bring around an impeachment. And is it a high crime and misdemeanor anyway, And is it really in violation of the Constitution given the War Powers Act and various authorizations for use of military force which have a major amount of flexibility in him since there's still one floating around from nineteen ninety one. So it was an interesting conversation. But one of the things he did say that I figured some of my listeners would have a problem with was that the bombs didn't do anything, that they've only knocked their program back a couple of months. I think he was relying on that initial report that was released leaked. I might underscore to sort of negate the glorious triumph that Donald Trump was projecting how important it was that we've removed Iran's ability to build a nuclear weapon. Well, somebody had to try to burst that bubble, So that initial report said, nah, maybe a couple of months. Well, as of right now, Iran, Israel, and the United States have all agreed that the nuclear sites were badly damaged estimates that had set the program back at least a couple of years. So if you get all three sides of the involved parties on the same page, unless the Iranians are lying, then it's generally accepted, he says, of right now by the various reporting in most all the media outlets, that this could be viewed as a success, depending on your position on Israel, Iran and in further left wing political backcrap insanity coupled with the immigration issue. I know the left is all about keeping illegal immigrants in the country. How that became a celebrated cosmon the Democrats is I don't know, but it is. Get a load of this. The vice mayor of was South Carol, southern California city called on street gangs to organize to face off against ice. Cynthia Gonzales, vice mayor of KudaHe refer to two well known street gangs and question why gang members who were not protesting or speaking up about the immigration raids. She said, ordinary citizens are the ones in the streets protesting the presence of federal agents. Quote, you guys tag up every you guys tag everything up, claiming hood, and now your hood's being invaded by the biggest gang there is. There ain't a peep out of you that you directed to these gangs specifically, I guess. She referenced the Eighteenth Street and Florence described as infamous street gangs, and it's literally that she appeared to be speaking directly to their members. She said, the United States Immigration and Custom Enforcement agents are running amock all up in your streets. We're out there fighting our turf, protecting our turf, protecting our people, and like, where are you at? So she's not only calling for organized street gangs to protest, she's conceded that these gangs own that turf, that it's no longer in the control of the city. It belongs to them. They need to get out on their turf and well protest ice agents. This is appalling. Los Angeles Times report of the police union called for the vice mayor's resignation. What mis Gonzalez urged and taunted these specific gangs to do in her social media post puts police officers and other law enforcement professionals at greater risk. Her actions are deplorable and potentially illegal. She should resign and she should be prosecuted if what she called for broke the law. Yeah, I can certainly understand that. Oh, the social media post was deleted, shocking no one. The City of Kude said in a statement it was aware of the video quote. The comments made by the vice mayor reflect her personal views and do not represent the views or official positions of the city at Coudey. The city will not be providing further comment. Oh great, well, she is the vice mayor, so whatever comes out of her mouth is the position of the vice mayor, whether in her private capacity or in her role doing official duties as vice mayor. You know where she's coming from. She said it out loud and the only reason someone had paid attention to it on social media scaes. Oh look, it's the account of the vice mayor of the city, which I'm sure gang members probably pay attention to as well. Terry, your call is next. I would be happy to take it right out of the gate. I first want to mention PLUMPTI plumbing. It's always plumbing done right. A company that knows you deserve better and they deliver on better, excellent, excellent customer service. They've done multiple projects for me and can voucher the equality of the work that they do, and the price is always right. They don't charge a service fee, they offer free estimates, the A plus with a better business bureau, and of course they will deserve thatnumber one install installer in the Tristate for tankless water heaters. A neighbor of mine just raving about. I had a conversation yesterday evening raving about how much he loves that tankless water heater never run out, lower energy bills and space saving, plus a longer life than traditional tanks. Multiple reasons to.
Speaker 1: Go that way.
Speaker 3: Trentchfill sewer line repair as well. Don't have to dig up your lawn to repair your sewer line. So call him up, have him inspect whatever's not working right, have him fix it for you. Plumb type plumbing plumbing done right online, Plumb Tight, t I T Plumbtight dot com five one three seven two seven tight It's five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC turn.
Speaker 8: Up your radio.
Speaker 4: Here's a Sean Hannity Morning minute.
Speaker 10: But I will tell you another success is NATO has been paying two percent of the GDP for defense, and we have been picking up the vast majority of moneys. And Donald Trump got commitments from every NATO ally except for Spain. And he has strong words for Spain and telling them that they're going to be punished with the most brutal tariffs they've ever seen in their life. I have a funny feeling that Spain may want to revisit that issue. And even the Secretary General of NATO thanking President Trump, you know, at the NATO summit, or making Europe pay in a big way, and that making Europe understand. Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today right here. Pure Talk, my wireless company, a veteran owned company, believes every man every woman who has faithfully served this country deserves to proudly fly an American flag that was made in America. And that's why Pure Talk is on a mission to give an Allegiance flag, the highest quality American flag made in Charleston, South Carolina, to one thousand veterans in time for these paid you're out of holidays. Just switch your cell phone service to pure Talk. Do it this month, and a portion of every sale will go to provide these high quality flags hands sown to the deserving vets Now. With plans starting at just twenty five bucks a month for unlimited talk and text and plenty of data, you can enjoy America's most dependable five G network, all while cutting your cell phone bill in half. Average family saves over one thousand dollars a year. You just dial pound two fifty say the keyword save now. Pure Talk's customer service will make the switch pound two to fifty keywords save now. Support our veterans and switch to America's wireless company, pure Talk.
Speaker 4: Great settings, amplified growth.
Speaker 3: Joon nine says we have pop up storms today most likely afternoon and up until sunset hours ninety two for the high heat indecks in the low one hundreds clear and muggy over night seventy three Tomorrow like today, pop up afternoon storms anaheigh on ninety two with the heat index around one hundred.
Speaker 1: Overnight muggy.
Speaker 3: Clear advisory ends at eight pm Friday evening seventy four of the overnight low and eighty six on Saturday. They said a cold front is approaching from the north and the heat won't break yet, but it's coming seventy five degrees right now. It's going to travel.
Speaker 8: Update from the u SEE Traffic Center. You see Health.
Speaker 9: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you sehealth dot Com. Highways continue to look good. No accidents to deal with, and right now no delays. North Pound fourth seventy one. You're under five minutes to seventy five into downtown southbound seventy one wide open pass fields. Earlo on that good traffic continues in Kenwood, Chuck ing Ram Month fifty five, Care and see the talk station.
Speaker 3: At six thirty come up and six thirty one. If at five, care see the talk station before it gets local stories. I promised Terry. I take the call first. Terry, thanks for holding over the break. Welcome to the morning show, Bay, Good morning. What's going on? And yeah, oh.
Speaker 11: Nothing, and it just uh we keep on hearing all this noise about action. But I always like to look back sometimes like thirty years ago and the inaction of President Clinton when he had a chance to get Usama.
Speaker 12: Bin Laden in Soudan. His reasoning was, well, there may have been some collateral damage, and then, of course we know what happened that they started playing whackamole in Afghanistan by launching cruise missiles up north trying to hit him. But it never happened and we got hit. Yeah, sometimes action versus in action is a balance, but we should know what in action looks like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, I have to hastily remember that during the Monica Lewinsky problems he was facing, he bumbed at an aspirin factory, if you remember correct. I don't know what military good that did, but it certainly made the news cycle at the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but you know, I'm always happy that President Clinton's you know, conscience is clear that you know, a couple of civilians that possibly get harmed and UBO was allowed to go ahead and pass through Sudan. Yeah, that's what we reaped. We reaped those towers coming down, our Pentagon hit and those four people in Pennsylvania shoved into the ground like a law dark.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, there's no question.
Speaker 3: Great morning, you too, man, appreciate you bringing it up Terry, have a great day five three two three talk local stories. I got an illegal immigrant from Mexico arrested this week Tuesday criminal trespassing and voyeurism charges. This according to the Butler County Sheriff's Office, Jose Juarez Vilcez close enough thirty eight cus of sex crimes involving at juvenile. Butler County Shriff's public information officers speaking with Fox nineteen. Sergeant Kim Peters wrote this in a press release June eleventh. Deputies received to report that this Juarez Vilchez was watching a thirteen year old girl through a window while making sexual gestures. It was later discovered he requested to be friends with the juvenile on social media and to send sexually explicit videos to her. According to Sergeant Peters, lawrence obtained for criminal trespassing and voyeurs and for the Middletown Municipal Court several days later. According to Sergeant Peters in the statement, due to the Vilcha's status as an undocumented immigrant, assistance from Immigrations and Customs Enforcement was requested that's cooperation. Tuesday, detectors went to the home on South thirteenth Street in Hamilton, where harez Villechas was located when he saw law enforcement deputy. City attempted to flee, but was taken into custody. Four other undocumented illegal immigrants also found in the home and were detained. Haraz vilchaz Face's additional charge of resisting arrest and obstructing official business. All five individuals are being held in the Butler County Jail. That's the kind of person you want to keep in your neighborhood. In New York, huh Middletown man dead after a man cut her woman rather dead after a man cut her leg with a machete. On Sunday, according to Proble County Sheriff's Office, Leah Huff, forty one, riding as a passenger on a motorcycle heading toward Eton on Upper Summers Road. Sheriff's Office was informed by the driver of the motorcycle that a subject hit Huff with an unknown object where they approached the driveway and the seventy seven hundred block of Upper Summers driver told deputies Huffed began bleeding profusely and drove back to his friend's home. Called nine one one. Deputies in the ms were dispatched for report of a woman with a severe laceration Huff pronounced Dad. Further in investigation discovered that the Preble Kenny Dispatch Center received a non emergency call from a woman who was a resident at the location where the assault took place. Caller told deputies that an ex boyfriend was riding a motorcycle driving up and down the roadway trying to get the get her to come outside. Ex boyfriend friend, the guy in the motorcycle with the female passenger that is no longer with us, paid a visit to the ex girlfriend's house and rode around outside it.
Speaker 1: Uh don't think that was a smart thing to do anyway.
Speaker 3: She told dispatchers that her father was outside at the time of the call. Letter determined that Huff was hit by a machete as the motorcycle that she was on past the driveway of the caller and her father on Upper Sanders Summers Road. Father fifty nine year old Kenneth Barbank, accused of throwing the machete at Huff, ultimately killing her, facing the following charges at the Municipal Corps, two counts of murder to counciforonius assault, one kind of tampering with evidence one kind of attempt to commit an offense and a cautionary tale. Why would you go to your ex's place with your apparently new girlfriend and drive around outside? What's the point of that exercise. That's the kind of situation that creates bad possibilities. And most notably, we got it here six six fifty five K detalk station X. That means it's over. There's no longer relationship there. Don't let anybody rent live rent free in your head, drive you crazy over it? Time to move on with your life, get over it and call Colin Electric. Sorry, Andrew Cullin, you have to follow that. But the Great Electric Company is family own and operated since nineteen ninety nine. Andrew Cullen is so proud of his team, their honest reputation and well deserved. It is well oiled machine they are. When it comes to electrical projects in your home, it's always the right price and you'll get a ten yure wiring warranty for whatever they're doing for you. Many projects at the Thomas Household all very capably and expertly performed by the A plus with the BBB folks at Cullen Electric, So give them a call, Big project small projects. You're in the right hands online Cullen c U L E N. Cullen Electriccincinnati dot com. The number five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one.
Speaker 4: Two fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Here's your Channel nine first morning weather forecast. Best chance of showers today, storms they say between noon and sunset, partly cloudy, otherwise high in ninety two of the heat index low one hundred, overnight clear, muggy seventy three Tomorrow pretty much just like today, pop up storms in the afternoon ninety two for the highway, to heat index around one hundred, mostly clear, overnight as still muggy, seventy four for the low, and then calling for a high of eighty six on Saturday. And they also say a cold front is approaching from the north. Relief may be coming seventy five. Right now, Let's get a trafic update.
Speaker 8: From the U SEE up traffic center. You see Health.
Speaker 9: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you sehealth dot com. Highway traffic in pretty good shape this morning. Break light stopbound two seventy five between the Lawrence Park ramp and the work on the Carrol Cropper Bridge now and a couple of extra minutes. Everything else still looking pretty good into downtown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Six forty fifty five KRCD talk Station, I'm very happy Friday, EU to you again. Three day weekend for me, Garret Jeff Walker covering for me tomorrow five one three, seven, four nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three talk found five fifty on AT and T phone, So we want to talk about Feel free to call and don't forget get your iheartmediapp over at fifty five KRC dot com. So if you live in Nigeria, you can stream the fifty five KRS Morning Show and good morning to my friends in Nigeria.
Speaker 1: I still get a chuckle out of that guy.
Speaker 3: Call and tell me that if hey listeners get in touch with me from Hawaii too and Japan, so but there they live here and they've gone a visit at elsewhere. You get still tuned into the morning show, which I just I'm honored that that actually happens, So thank you each I appreciate each and every one of my listeners, and I love seeing you at most notably listener lunch. So if you want to show up a listener lunch, we are going to be at Wondering Monsters. Normally maybe it's the first Wednesday of the month, but since July fourth weekend Independence Day week Day week is the same week, we're going to kick it off a week So July ninth, Wandering Monsters Brewery. Look at it on Beach mout Avenue, Montgomer's or a m Anderson And somebody chimed in on my post on Facebook saying they serve really really good food. So before I move on, let's see what Carl's got to say this morning. Carl, thanks for calling the Morning Show, and Happy Friday Eve to you.
Speaker 7: Happy Friday Eve. Brian say, I've got a real problem with the budget that was passed by the Ohio legislature.
Speaker 1: Oh you too, Yes, as.
Speaker 7: You've spoken, you know, it raids the unclaimed funds. And my uncle passed away back in nineteen eighty and I checked the unclaimed funds and he has seven hundred dollars sitting out there. I have found out about this about fifteen or years ago, about ten years or so ago, I decided I'm going to try to go after that money, and I went down to the probate court and went before imagine straight there, and I was basically told that I had to notify all of the heerrs of my uncle's estate that that money was out there. My uncle was one of ten children, and you know, like I said, he passed away forty five years ago. There's no way I can notify all the heirs. I think there should be some sort of law that says that if nobody comes forward from the family within so many years, that they should be entitled to the unclaimed.
Speaker 1: Funds for making the effort. Anyway, did you leave a will?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure my aunts, you know, settled it.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, here's the thing. You know, if there is no will, then you know there are there's distribution rights among family members, you know, all the children and all that kind of thing. They're entitled under the law to some sort of split in the absence of specific instructions by the decedent. So if he left specific instructions, I would say the state is wrong and that you would only need to notify people who had a le Eagle right to a share of that money during the distribution. Obviously this was unknown at the time that that account existed, so it's still floating out there in the unclaimed funds. So whatever the circumstance, this is what should drive it. I agree it's a pain in the butt and that obviously prevents many people like yourself from moving forward with it, given my comments earlier in the morning about how much it costs per hour to get a lawyer. So anyway, but I'm glad you disagree with the realities of because what they're using the unclaimed funds for our stadiums, and there's a lawsuit that's been filed. I appreciate your call, Carl, because it allows me to spring over to talk about that. The governor is expected to sign it, it's on his desk, and if it is signed, Former Ohio Attorney General Mark dan is already going to file a loss that he would file a lawsuit as soon as the governor signs it unless he vetos the wine item veto the provision for the use of those funds. He says, quote, it's a classic unconstitutional taking of people's property. Like Carls didn't use Carl as an illustration, the funds that are in the unclaimed funds account are not do not belong to the state. They belong to the people who lost those funds, all right. Senate proposal originally called for an additional one point one billion in unclaimed funds funds that be available for sports and cultural facilities Cleveland Browns and pay Corp Stadium, but they say by the time it emerged from the House Centate Conference Committee yesterday or yesterday morning, the proposal reduced the funding for other projects to four hundred million beyond the unclaimed funds. State budget also changed the state law, modifying the art Model Law, which prevents professional teams that play in taxpayer funded stadiums from relocating to another city. Apparently, some people interpreted that as you can't relocate to another city within a county. House Financial Chair Brian Stewart explained, he said, that's about moving teams out of the state the Model law. It's not about moving teams within the same county within Ohio. So we're clarifying that to say, you know, if you're within the same county, you're not in violating the.
Speaker 1: Martin Model Law.
Speaker 3: So, for example, if the Bengals decided they were deserving of a new stadium, and they didn't want to be stuck on the riverfront because of the complexities and the limited parking and other problems it creates by being on the river, and they wanted to move out somewhere else in Hamilton County, then that would be okay. It would not violate the Art Model law. I'm sure the Cleveland Brown Stadium project falls within that category. Not specific on the facts and details behind the project, but I believe this is what the change in law is directed to. Now to o Higo Supreme Court rule back in two thousand and nine that the state lacked authority to retain interest on unclaimed funds, the court specifically said unclaimed funds are not abandoned, they're the property of their owner. Accordingly, the state may not appropriate for its own use interest earned on that property. Now, in a report by the High Legislative Service Committee, they said that ruling left the door open for future General Assemblies like the one right now, to legalize the achievement of unclaimed funds use them. Basically because the two thousand and nine opinions said the General Assembly has not plainly legislated that unclaimed funds are or can be deemed abandoned property. So what they implication behind that is if they do plainly and clearly state that in legislation, then they can get their hands on it. So apparently the attorney, the former High Attorney General, disagrees with that and will be litigating this in court if the governor signs the budget into law six forty seven fifty five kc DE Talk Station, Jeff, I don't know if John the Fisher will be played tomorrow morning. I will be staring in the back of my eyes sleeping. Feel free to call again a little bit of TI before we get to the top of the hour, and we're going to talk health with George Brenman, Keith Tenefeld Restore Wellness dot org. Some great information from those guys today. Get a way to move away from politics before I go on my three day weekend. In the meantime, Affordable Medical Imaging. Strongly encourage you to not go to the hospital imaging department, because I'd like you to save thousands of dollars just like I did. Always here from my friend Jeff, when I mentioned that he's one of many of my recommended sponsors that Jeff has listened to my advice and taken Jeff personally saved thirty one hundred dollars by getting his CT scan done at Affordable Imaging Services as opposed to the hospital where they charge you thousands and thousands of dollars. Affordable Imaging offers these services the same kind of hospital equipment, you know, the same MRI machine, Echo cardiogram machine, CT scan. Medical professionals have been at this for decades operating it. Each comes with a board certified radiologist report, so there's no extra charge for that, like you might get at a hospital and they'll get you right in. You don't have to wait around a month for your echo cardiogram, which only is five hundred dollars without an enhancement eight hundred width that'll set you back probably about thirty five hundred doll at the hospital. Got CT scans and MRIs at Affordable Imaging Services is absolutely no problem. My doctor has never said anything about it. They just looked at the images and we talked about my medical treatment.
Speaker 1: So it works.
Speaker 3: Exercise your choice five one three seven five three eight thousand, seven five three eight thousand online It's affordable Medimaging.
Speaker 4: Dot Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: There's your Channel nine, first one to wether forecast.
Speaker 3: Got chance of storms today between noon and sunset ninety two for the high with the heat index about one hundred. Clear, muggy overnight seventy three. Tomorrow like today, ninety two, heat indexs around one hundred and sunny skies pop up afternoon storms as well, muggy overnight as well, seventy four. The low eat advisory ends at eight pm tomorrow, and then we have a slight increased chance of storms on Saturday. Cold front is approaching. They say, Saturday's high eighty six. It's seventy five right now. Time for traffic problemly you see Health Traffic Center. You see Health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal. What makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, So expect more. See how dot com it Sepbound two seventy five. You'll need a couple of extra.
Speaker 9: Minutes between the Lawrence Burg ramp and the work on the Carrol Cropper Bridge north found four seventy one. That's doing fine through Bellevue and into downtown northbound seventy five looks good too. Out of Erlanger Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Six fifty three fifty five kr CD Talk Station. Ay, very happy Friday Eve to you.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure restruction I was going to go in this segment. Since I don't have any callers online. I'm just gonna make an observation here. Now I get a feed. I got Facebook feed. Of course, random stuff pops up, and I do get some pop ups from Greater Cincinnati Politics, which is a left leaning Greater SINNTI Politics. What can I say about it? They're always posting left leaning comments and statements. So there is apparently a union Pride Parade. Join the Cincinni afl Cio Labor Council for the Cincinnati Pride Parade taking place this Saturday. The comments as the following, good to see the labor movement in Cincinnati participating in pride. Queer workers have been in the vanguard of union organizing in recent years, and union should stand up against the homophobia and transphobia of capitalist society. What does capitalism have to do with one's perception of the LGBTQ plus community. I'm a firm embracer of capitalism, and I don't care what letter you fall into. Go ahead, live your life. If you're L fine, if you're B fine, if you're Q fine, And the T thing. I think that's just the question of biological reality. I mean, there are people out in the world did but firmly believe against all the obvious evidence, like looking down, that they are the opposite sex, so that I can live side by side with them harmoniously. Just don't expect me to fall in line with a relief system. That's okay. I've got nothing against any one of those people at all. We just disagree on certain aspects of it. Different strokes for different folks, which is why I call myself a little ill libertarian. I trust you with your zipper, and I trust you with your wallet, and that goes to the capitalist part wallet. I don't believe in a huge, bloated government that steals money from people and spends it on stupid things. I believe in market, free markets, fiscal responsibility, and limited government. Limited government which also does not interfere with your right to fall into the LGBTQ plus category. What does capitalist society have to do with homophobia and transphobia. They always try to link these things in order to demonize capitalism, but it doesn't make any sense. It's like calling Donald Trump a fascist when the future apparently mayor of New York is the guy that's going to be dictating the terms of conditions of what rental property owners can even charge someone renting to, telling you what kind of fuel you can use and cannot use, telling you what kind of car you can drive and cannot drive, telling you where you can drive and cannot drive subject to a fee or some emission thing like the taxes they're imposing inside the interior of New York City to reduce traffic. Those are things fascist due controlling the means of production. Capitalism has nothing to do with tromophobia and transphobia, I guess is my point here. Coming up at six fifty six fifty five krs talk station, George Brenneman Keith Tennenfeld behind Restore Wellness dot Org got some good topics to talk about today, stress and sleep and how to improve your health and what the downside risks are with all the stress and lack of sleep we're getting.
Speaker 1: That'll be next. I hope you can stick around from.
Speaker 2: A full rundown and the biggest headlines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 8: I'm giving you a fact now, Americans shouldn't know.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station. This report is sponsored by Rep.
Speaker 3: Seven six Here at fifty five care CEV talk station. Very happy Thursday two and a very happy anniversary to my wife and to me.
Speaker 1: I'm a lucky man.
Speaker 3: I've kicked my coverage and I've enjoyed that for thirty three years. Actually been together for thirty eight years, but married thirty three today. And I know I've said that listeners who've been around all morning. I'm just happy about it. I'm happy to encourage everyone out there to enjoy their marital bliss and find marital bliss because it's a hell of a lot easier than being out in this single world these days. At least that's what I read about anyway. Welcome back to the fifty five Carecy Morns Show. Moved away from politics and talking health from Restore Wellness Dot Org, Keith Tennefeld, George Brenneman in studio.
Speaker 1: Good to see you guys again.
Speaker 3: It's always a pleasure getting away from politics and learning something important about us how we can proactively take care of ourselves.
Speaker 1: Great to be here again. Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 3: And you know, Keith, Keith, I know you're a nurse practitioner and you specialize in this. Your business is to help you people find a better path, get him around some of the symptoms and promising encounter and face and George, you just kind of like stumbled into this with your personal health. You know, I was retired and needed something to do and was starting to get concerned about, you know, getting older and finding a different way. Yeah, ran into Keith, ran into a bunch of books and here we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And speaking of resources, they got links to a lot of the resources they relied on at resore Wellness dot org. I saw you interviewed Congressman Warren Davidson and how did he end up get being interviewed by you guys since you're focusing on fitness on the website.
Speaker 13: It was interesting because my wife and I visited DC last month and got to meet with Warren and his chiefest staff.
Speaker 1: He's a great guy.
Speaker 13: I had a great conversation and his approach to COVID and what happened afterwards in the in the fact that there were these shutdowns and managed. He was extremely you know, emotional about that, just like we were, you know, And so I said to him, heck with you know, talking to you about political stuff. I'd love to talk to you about health and life illness. So it was a great conversation. I encourage people to go listen to the podcast. Yeah, go to story Restore Wanness dot organ.
Speaker 3: If you've got a link to Spotify, that's where it is, so you can get it multiple different ways wherever you find your podcast. That's it, all right, Well, today we're not going to talk about food so much or exercise so much. We've been on those topics before. But something that I know a lot of people, including I, deal with stress.
Speaker 1: I mean it's.
Speaker 13: It's easily the biggest thing beyond nutrition and exercise. Nutrition and exercise are your biggest levers, right, I mean, what goes into your body and what you do with it. But after that, the next biggest is stress. And you know, there are multiple kinds of stress, especially in today's world. You got the stress of you know, what's going on with the water, the air, the weather this week, you know with the huge you know, temperature spikes and the humidity so that all puts pressure on your body and has side effects that are not exactly healthy.
Speaker 3: Well, and I think it's stressed though. I mean I think more long lines of cognitive stress. That means I am stressed out by what I do for a living. Well, you just showed me the stack of stuff you got to read. It's like, holy, you know, and trust me, in that ream of paper that I just showed you, there's not a whole lot of good news. And so that's what I mean, that's where the clicks come from. That's what people are interested in. You know, Oh my god, what's going to happen? Oh my god? What it's Usually it's something terrible. And you know, from my perspective, I get stressed out over government action and intrusions into my civil liberties and where they're spending money and the fact that my own labor is being used against me in so many ways. And I mean, this festers in the back of my mind twenty four to seven. I can't do a damn thing about it except try to raise awareness and get people to pursue a different political path or make a different choice when it comes to that kind of thing, you know. But it's like a heavy weight, you know, and the fact that I cannot avoid it. I'm not by by by virtue of what I do for a living. I'm forced to pay attention. I can't take a break. Well, just the fact that you've talked about it for two minutes now means it's really front of mind and is cause it always it always it has got to be causing, you know, the mental stress. And I always think of it in terms of the prayer that the alcoholics anonymous, you know, teach me to know what I can change and what I right solemitary. It's almost like living in the moment, you know. The hell, if we could all just live in the moment, we wouldn't be thinking about extraneous things. We'd be dealing with what's in front of us and what we're dealing with at that moment in time. So it's one thing. It's like telling somebody to snap out of depression. I'll just you got all this going for you, just snap out of it. And everybody who knows anything about depression knows it is not that simple. It is so much more complex than that. So I can tell myself, God, Brian could just snap out of it. Why are you letting this bother you? You have no control over it. But then I find myself sitting at my house on my laptop four hours a day or whatever and doing this for four hours on the radio, and I'm just surrounded by So it's it's at the forefront of my mind. So stress driven by jobs. I have a doctor friend of mine, it's actually one of my best friends, the godfather of my daughter. In fact, he's a surgeon, and I think about him because you don't walk away from that he's doing operations. Lives are in his hands. You just don't go at home at night and turn that crap off. I don't know how you could, How you could, you know?
Speaker 14: I think it's it's one of those things that you know, life is what we make it, and unfortunately, when we're put here on this earth to live a life, we have a choice. We can stay wound up or we can enjoy it and listening to the birds and the bees kind of case scenario. But the question is is how do you balance that? How do you catch yourself in a downward spiral being cognitive and learning to say, hey, I can take this time in my life to down regulate and to really take in and enjoy what life is meant to be for us. Or I can live the busy life, the city life, to whatever life and I think trying to balance that's the hard part. More importantly, what is our brain doing in patterns? How are we thinking in patterns? Because were always going to think because our pattern teaches us to think that way. So learning to break that pattern and say, you know what, life is short, We should be grateful and it's in one person will say it's it's very hard to be grateful and anxious at the same time. So how many times during the day do we spend going what am I grateful for? What are the things in my life that I that doesn't stress me out?
Speaker 1: And do they? Are they real? Exactly? They are real. But the situation that's.
Speaker 14: Going on in another country is also real, but it can't impact me. But the things that in my life that can impact me or right in front of me, and am I grateful for those?
Speaker 3: Walking through a thoughtful analysis in order to shift the focus of your attention.
Speaker 13: Right, Well, it's in your head and truly stresses in your head, but it definitely has physical side effects because when you're stressed, you can tell your blood pressure is going up.
Speaker 1: Great's going up. That can't be good for long term health.
Speaker 13: And like you just mentioned, how did I get into the wellness, Well, that was part of it. I mean, stressing over the political situation or stressing over you know, what's going on in the engineering world. You gotta at some point say what can I do to make that not hurt me so much? Or are there alternative ways of doing it? So I think there's a lot of implications with stress, both mental and physical stress that get your body worked up, which means you can't be healthy. I mean you've got to get the the body to be open to the idea of you know, I got to relax, and when I relax, my heart rate goes down, my blood pressure goes down. And I've got to be able to identify, hey, I can't do anything about this. I gotta let go. I have to let it go. But it is tough, especially if your job focuses around talking about it all the time.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the area lines a challenge and you know, plus plus four hours of time I got to fill in. I mean, it's just like being on stage and you're being alrming ad or performing or actually try not to call it performance because that suggests that I'm not being real, right, But you at least have to be aware about the facts and the information about the topics that people want to talk about so they don't sound like a complete idiot every day. Not to me, that's a stress. So I mean, there are things you can do.
Speaker 13: You can in your case, you're getting the news out there, You're helping influence people to change things. You can write articles, even if you don't send it to somebody, write a letter to the editor, and just get your thoughts down on paper. That's an easy way to work. That sounds the way to generate more stress.
Speaker 14: I find I find it. It's sometimes it's easy to break it down. And let's take a look at stress. So obviously we have work stress, we have thought stress. But let's look at the things that maybe we can control. For instance, you know your diet. What things are you putting into your diet and your body that could be increasing your stress as far as inflammatory stress? Right, your hydration, same thing, are you drinking enough? Is your brain calm because you're well hydrated? What about sleep? Sleep's a fantastic way to get restorative sleep. But if you don't get enough, you're gonna have a stress cycle.
Speaker 3: And I know we're going to have a conversation about sleep too, And I think I got I got a point. I want to make that I solve my getting to sleep difficulties brought about by stress. You know, the thoughts going through your head, the things that everybody kind of experience. You know, people experience all the time. You lay down at night and all this like what did I do today?
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 3: I wish I hadn't said that, and then you think about, well, all the things you got to do tomorrow. That kind of that. That's a form of mental stress. But it also impacts the sleep, which is a terrible thing as well. We'll get some of the information on what lack of sleep and bad sleeps patterns can do to you. Stick around more with George and Key seven fifteen Right now fifty five krc DE talk station. Odor Exit get rid of the stink in your world with an odor Exit product, one of several that are offered at otor exit dot com no E O, D O r X I T. Now they have come with one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. So if you want to get rid of the smoke, the old mildew, human odor, pet odors, skunk spray. If you got an odor otor exit works. And I've used the products multiple times over the years, and i know they work because I've used them and I never had to exercise my ability to get the one hundred satisfaction guarantee rebate refund which they come with. Used as directed, they're going to get rid of the stink, or they'll give you your money back. Them around for twenty five years, locally owned and operated and manufacturing products. So get in touch with odor Exit online odor exit dot comfielder from the website. It will be promptly delivered to your home or you can buy it locally. Just use the search engine right there on the website odor exit dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station, our iHeart Trick.
Speaker 3: Here's your channeline first one to weather polecasts. It's going to be maybe some pop up showers between noon and sometime around sunset ninety two for the high and yes, it's going to be humid for the heat and X and low one hundreds overnight, muggy seventy three.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow's like today would pop up.
Speaker 3: After anon storms and muggy and a heat at xit lowe hundreds on the high of ninety two down to seventy fourth muggy conditions over Friday night and Saturday eighty six for the high and they say a cold front is approaching from the north seventy six.
Speaker 9: Now time for traffic from the You see Hewth Traffic Center. You see Health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you seehealth dot com. North found seventy five break rights between Buttermilk and Kyle's and then again above Mitchell towards the lateral Son not helping there southbound two seventy five sap a year between the Lawrence purg Ramp and the bridge chuck Ing Bramont Tide KRC.
Speaker 8: The talk station.
Speaker 3: JISHI seven twenty if if you have KERCD talk station Restore Wellness dot org with George Renaman and Keith enfl talking health and talking stress. And I to pass along one of the mechanisms to manage stress for me. And I like telling people this because I know how many people struggle to go to sleep, and we're gonna talk about the importance of sleep here this morning with these guys. But you know, very very long period of time where I had problems going to sleep. You know, you're thinking about all the stuff that you said, Oh my god, you know, and it's racing through your mind that I embarrass myself, whatever things that you did, activities you went through during the day, and then you think about tomorrow and what you got to do tomorrow, and oh my god, I got that thing coming up at the end of the week. And why when you are laying in bed and getting ready to go to sleep and doing something for your body that's so important, that is getting a good night's ress, why are we thinking about that kind of thing. So I always start out if I feel and I've gotten to the point where i have no problem at all going to sleep anymore, because I've been doing this for so many years. First off, it's the worst possible talk. You're not going to be doing anything, you're going to sleep, You're gonna be laying in bed think about stress, right because you can't unring the bell of what happened, and you can't accomplish anything while you're laying in bed trying to go to sleep. So all those activities may be on your plate, but now is not the time to think about them. So try to start with that. And then what I always do is engage in this sort of meditative process. I close my eyes and I put myself in this peaceful tranquil and I use a forest. You know, you mentioned off air, a beach in Hawaii, wherever, uncovered by anything. You're alone and you're just peacefully walking and you know, don't necessarily have any place to go. But what I'm focusing on is this fictitious mental walk, meaning I'm not focusing on the clutter. So it's a form of meditation. You are consciously engaging in a thought process, unlike meditation, which is clearing your mind of everything. And that's almost impossible for a guy like me to accomplish my you know, the seven squirrels running around in my brain. But by engaging in this meditative process to the exclusion of the clutter, you know what, I never get to where I'm going. I always end up falling asleep. And it's almost second nature to me now and it really truly works. So maybe something that my listeners can try if they struggle to get to.
Speaker 1: Sleep, and it's it's a mental process.
Speaker 13: I think the key thing was stressed during the day and like you say, nine times the worst time to be talking about stress because you got to get to sleep. But during the day, you know, it does have that side effect on your body. And could you go through some of the you know, what is it that happens to cause chronic illness because of stress.
Speaker 14: There's this really cool term called inflame aging, but it's basically chronic inflammation, and that increases aging oxidative stress, which is as free radical. It gets tossed out in your body from just normal daily activities, and then you increase that because the cortisol production next to your cortisols a side effect of stress exactly. And it's you know, it's your fight or flight chemical, right, it's to get me out of this danger situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what really we don't need that. We're not in danger.
Speaker 14: You know, right at the top of the food chain, everything's pretty comfortable. But for some reason we keep on building this cort is all and you add that to our environmental problems such as you know, bad air, bad water, you know, small everything else heavy metals, and now our mitochondria are getting their butt kicked and we have to do something about that. We have to clear that oxidative stress. And so there's many different ways to clear oxidative stress. Ironically, it's your antioxidant. It's your healthy blueberries and your veratrols and your NA. See and there's a whole list of them. You just google, you know, the top five antioxidants and get to work. Sana is another fantastic way to get oxidatve stress out of your body, but to get more onto the damaging of it. It can actually cause epigenic changes. Your genetics can get changed, and there's your cancer potential, your cancer risks. Not to mention, your teleomers get shortened, which filmers are DNA, exactly your DNA, and that helps you rebuild all your new cells. And so what are things like Meditation is a great way to lengthen your telemers. Deep breathing great way to lengthen it. Antioxidation lengthen your teleomers, and that's kind of the goal when you're trying to do you're trying to reverse inflammaging, inflammating.
Speaker 13: I hadn't heard that when I send it to me, I'm like, what the heck you misspelled inflammation that's common.
Speaker 1: Inflammating makes sense.
Speaker 13: I mean, it's easily one of the bigger problems inflammation, especially with you know what's happening with the food supply and some of the crazy stuff they're doing for processed foods, increases inflammation, right, And you see that in your joints.
Speaker 14: You see that in your anxiety. Anxiety can be assigned you have neuro inflammation.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 14: Neuroinflammation is a very real deal. And so if you're feeling anxious or feeling depressed, your brain's just not thinking, right, it's probably inflammation.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying is it is a a you're influenced by your environment. Of course, the pollutants, toxins, et cetera that we regularly encounter. The environment. Of course, what we put in our body literally has an impact on this. And then of course our cognitive state and how we cope or not cope, as the case maybe with the mental stress.
Speaker 14: Right, And that's a good thing is that if we can improve that inflammation in our brain, maybe we can cope better as well. So taking in less inflammatory foods, better water, and staying away from you know, environmental toxins could possibly give us that cerebral benefit where we can cope with stress a lot easier.
Speaker 1: It's like everything in mother nature. It's like it's all intertwined.
Speaker 13: We said we didn't want to talk about nutrition and exercise today, but right because welcome to holistic meta stress.
Speaker 1: You got exactly.
Speaker 3: It's all. That's the end of the point that needs to be made. All right, we'll continue with Keith and George after I mentioned my friends Atzimmer Heating and air Conditioning, and of course air conditioning has been really important of late, so dang hot and humid out there, and of course that's a stress on your enter your system. And if your system has had it and it's gone belly up, well, it's a great opportunity to get in touch with Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning, third generation almost eighty full years. They offer a full line of HVAC services. But if it's belly up time for your system, it's time to get a new carrier comfort system and save up the fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. Great special going on. Chris Zimmer is leading the helm right now in this family on an operated business and they'll take great care of you, so for all your HVAC needs. Get in touch with my friends at Zimmer. Schedule appointment online and learn more about the services they offer. Go Zimmer dot com, Go Zimmer dot com or call them five one three five ninety eight ninety three. That's five to two one ninety eight ninety three fifty five car the talk station. What here's your Channa? Nine first one and one. The forecast hot and humid, yes, heat index on one hundreds on a high of ninety two and a chance of storms the beginning at noon and lasting through sunset.
Speaker 1: Overnight.
Speaker 3: It'll stay muggy seventy three for the overnight low ninety two with a heat index around one hundred tomorrow as well, and some pop up afternoon storms. Heat advisory ends at eight pm tomorrow and then an overnight low is seventy four. Still muggy, eighty six to the high on Saturday. With good news they say a cold to front, a cold front is approaching seventy six right now.
Speaker 1: Time for traffic.
Speaker 12: Or not?
Speaker 3: Just Trekker, Go check on Chuck, see if he's all right. Keith Enfel, George Renneman Studio restore Wellness dot organs where you find them online and see the information they have there. We're talking health and wellness generally speaking. Today's topics generally around stress, both physical and mental, and sleep as well, and they're all connected. And I, as George put it out at the outset, I said, we wouldn't be talking so much about diet, but that it's related. A holistic medicine involves looking at all aspects of one's life, the environmental component, the health are, the mental component, what you're eating component, and then also mechanisms to change, for example, your diet to deal with things like stress. You mentioned getting these free radicals and your DNA and line and all that, and that's directly related to what you eat. Are there certain foods out there in the world that cause the stress?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot. Actually there's you know, anything as the preservatives.
Speaker 14: If you go to your Chinese restaurant and you get to know this MMSG, that's a neurotoxin, to believe it or not.
Speaker 3: I thought they got rid of most of that because MSG kind on everybody's radar. I think back in the eighties and you could ask for no MSG. And then they started advertising at Chinese restaurants. We don't use MSG, but they still if you look on an ingredient list for some reason, they're allowed to call it natural flavor.
Speaker 13: Right, Oh, is that what that? So when you see something as natural flavor, that's usually MSc.
Speaker 14: So you know, this goes back to our previous conversation, but sugar is probably the one of the most highly inflammatory things that you can do increasing your oxidative stress, whereas, like my father in law just reminded me, turmeric, especially turmeric paste the recipe online can do the exact opposite. It's great anti inflammatory. So there's a lot of things. One of the supplements I take, it's a great one, and also talk about telemer length tumoric can help out with that too. And so to get back into that diet piece, for instance, you would think exercise, all exercise has got to be great for quartisol reduction.
Speaker 1: Well not necessarily.
Speaker 14: If you're under like a high mileage like your five K, your ten k or thirty k, people's they're actually producing a lot of cortisol. Their body gets into kind of album as a shock state, and that can be if you're someone who's trying to reduce cortisol or someone who's trying to improve their inflammation. You might not want to be that type of athlete. Whereas if you run for three minutes, in for three minutes and you do that for an hour, you stay in zone two and three, and that's actually very good for oxidative stress. He gets rid of that oxidative stress. So it's a balance. It's all in a balance, right, And you also mentioned some other aspects about about diet. You know, I think the thing is is fasting. Sometimes we eat just too much. We're putting too much stress on our body because we're always digestif.
Speaker 3: All right, I hear fasting is great for you all the time, but then I read there are different types of fasting, and I've seen some people insane, people just drinking water exclusively for really long time. I mean, I'm like, there's no way in hell I could deal with that. But then again, I've also read that just not eating for twelve hours a form of fasting. And that's pretty much my life. I don't need anything after say six pm, And here my breakfast, my banana has been laying here, and I've been up since two thirty this morning, it's already seven thirty, so it's been my gosh, it's been more than twelve hours, been thirteen hours since I've eaten anything. So that's a fast, isn't it right. It's kind of like churning butter. You know, the longer you do it, you get a different product. And so if you're looking for just general fasting and gut like rest, yeah, twelve hour twenty four hours are kind of where you're going. If you want to start losing weight, that doesn't start happening until about forty eight seventy two hours. And if you want to start building stem cells, which help rebuild your body and actually repair itself in unique ways, you're looking at ninety six hours or more.
Speaker 1: It keeps me motioning me for a ninety six hour. I haven't done it yet.
Speaker 13: I did do forty eight. I did do forty eight. And it's interesting. First of all, you look great because you start losing a lot of weight. Oh yeah, but it's almost like at that point you find wherever your weakness is. So my weakness tends to be headaches, So I'll start to get a headaches after that. But I got to try it at least once because the benefits are supposedly enormous and you're seeing it all over on X in the wellness feed.
Speaker 1: You seeing a lot of stuff about the ninety six hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you pay any attention to the general area we were talking about here in this during this hour, you're going to run into a lot of information on fasting. Well for starters.
Speaker 13: The whole breakfast thing was started because you know, in the United States, we didn't eat breakfast. If you ate breakfast whenever was left over the night before.
Speaker 3: Listen, I got a lot of relatives that were farmers, and you know back in the day and you ate a huge breakfast in the morning because you were outdoors the rest of the day. But once the industrial revolution hit, it's like, you know, what do you need to eat breakfast?
Speaker 5: For?
Speaker 14: We when I sit down for that, we're just sitting down a lot. But you know, eating fasting was is more important now than it probably ever has been because back in the day we are highly physical, highly motivated, highly burning calories.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 14: And now we're sitting down, So whoa, our calorie intake needs to come down because.
Speaker 1: We're not burning this calories.
Speaker 3: I see that that that's a straight arrow, direct line reality with it. It's we live a much more sedentary life.
Speaker 14: Why it's more important to spend at least one or two hours WHOA, that's a lot doing some physical activity. I mean, you really need to get your butt moving or is you're going to be in big trouble?
Speaker 3: Well, all right, we're learning a lot from George and Keith. Today we're going to focus a little bit more on sleep coming up. Got a couple more segments to deal with the folks, and maybe we can learned something about maybe how bad it is that we don't get good night's sleeve and some help and getting us in the direction of getting some good night's sleep, stress and sleep. First though, is that Low's Camp across country? Mortgane to thank you Rob, who sent me an email the other day just perfectly illustrating why I recommend Who's at Low's Camp? Loan one mortgage, He said, I've been beyond please with suits that he wrote this, as I've had to review my ninety day pre approval numerous times and she's always extremely response. He said, Now to the point I finally found a house. In the process of that underwriting, she was informed that I showed three open mortgages that were never released on my property. I have had my phone, my home paid off for over a decade. It make matters worse. Sometimes in the past, my late wife had thrown out the releases, and of course all three financialist decisions had been I acquired numerous times by other financial institutions. I was having zero luck and resolving this. I jokingly mentioned this Suzette that I was having sleepless nights. Imagine my surprise and delight when out of the blue she called me to inform me that she called in a favor to help me. She had the releases located and forwarded them to me so that I could relax. So I've heard you heat praise on her, and today I want to tell you that if it was in my power, I would hold a parade and she would be on the lead float. Commanded her for customer service as well. That's Susette Low's camp. She is an outstanding woman, got in thirty five plus years in the mortgage business. She's with Cross Country Mortgage. So whatever state you're sitting in, she can help you out all fifty states. No junk fees, no application fees, and outstanding service. Listen to the listener testimony from Rob. You can reach your one of two l A two ways five one three three one three fifty one seventy six three one three fifty one seventy six online. You can just send hern email Suzette dot Low's camp, los Ekamp's at dot Low's camp at CCM dot com, fifty five KRC dot com. Hey neighbor, oh Mike Jenlin first one of wether forecast. It's going to be a hot day to day humid as well. Ninety two for the high with the heat index around one hundred or so and a chance of storms between noon and sunset. Gonna be muggy overnight with a drop to seventy three Tomorrow the heat index ends at eight pm. A sunny, hot, humid day. It will be with pop up afternoon showers again. Ninety two for the high. Uh huh yeah, heat index of one hundred, overnight lowess seventy four and muggy conditions and a little better Saturday, eighty six for the high with an approaching cold front seventy seven.
Speaker 1: Now time for a traffic.
Speaker 8: Update from the U See how triumphing center.
Speaker 9: You see healthy, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it and make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at uc health dot com. North found seventy five heading heavier out of Rolbuger into the cut. Add two to three extra minute there and a couple of more between Mitchell and Town Street South Bend two seventy five break lights continue to build between the Lawrenceburg ramp and the bridge. Chuck Ingraman fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five KRCD Talk station. Hey' very happy Thursday to you.
Speaker 3: Talking health with Georgia Keith George running with Keith Tennefel at It's Restore Wellness dot orgs where you final online and we're talking about stress. We didn't dwell much on physical stress. I know I've heard the discussion off of mental stress, primarily because at least something I have a connection too. But sleep also has a profound impact on our on our lives and our health as well. From what I understand. What we'll talk about the amount of sleep we need. People have struggled with challenges of getting a complete full night's sleep, But what are the downside health riads for not having sufficient sleep?
Speaker 13: Well, we did a podcast with Jimbocollins a couple of weeks ago. I encourage you to listen. He's a bodybuilder, you know, personal trainer kind of guy, and I found it. I had not heard this before that sleep is where you build.
Speaker 14: Your muscle back. It's right, it's the restorative part. Like you go to the gym, you tear down your muscles, and sleep is where you build them. No, I had never heard that before, and I thought, that's just another reason why. You know, sleep's got to be at near the top of the list of things you can do for your health. You know, we spend one third of our life asleep. That's a lot, and so if we don't make one third of our life a priority, then we're doing something really, really wrong. And it's amazing where people like you said, you're busy or up on your phone doing all this stuff late at night and you're trying to rob yourself with this sleep because you need more time during the day, but you're doing nothing but harm at that point in time.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, going back to my sleep get the sleep trick that I mentioned earlier. There's no way you can accomplish that if you have a damn cell phone over there that's actually going off. I don't understand how anybody can live their lives with a cell phone laying next on another nightstand. And you know, I'm your George. You aren't disturbed in your sleep routine by that thing going off.
Speaker 13: I mean it doesn't go off. I I finally figured out how to turn it off between certain hours. But that is off and not bothering you.
Speaker 8: True.
Speaker 3: Do you wake up in the middle of the night and feel compelled to look over to see if you got any text messages? Do fortunately, George metaphorically slap you from across I'll do it on this.
Speaker 13: Nerd right, So I've been in nerds just before they called us that I had the bag phone. Then I had the huge thing that barely fitted your pocket. I was the first guy to have you. I still have a puppet engineer, but you don't have any pockets today. But you do read my wife friend saw me on on this all the time that you know, you read about the blue light filters and the fact that you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be watching your screen before you go to bed.
Speaker 4: I just can't stop.
Speaker 3: So this side of it's a sign of addiction. You know what say you, of all people, know it's bad for you. You know it's disruptive to something so vitally important. Is Keith pointing out sleep, and yet you don't do something as simple as just turning it off and not looking at it. No, it's the middle of the night. This is why I turn mine off. You know, I grew up in an era where I we didn't have phone calls at night, even though you could make as My dad went to sleep early and he didn't want to be disturbed. He wasn't going to take a phone call the middle of the night, so you just waited till the next day. So if I wake up I got a voicemail my cell phone, I'll deal with it time. Yeah, I normally don't. I get maybe half a dozen or a dozen texts that I wake up to. Those didn't need to be addressed overnight. There's nothing emergent coming in on my phone, So screw it, turn it off, lay it down, George. That's your assignment, y, then an example for the people you were trying to help out with their wellness.
Speaker 14: So if you want to live longer, sleep more, ironically, that's that's a life expectancy hack. Number two everybody probably struggles with sleep to some degree. If you are finding that in a classic question I ask in my practices, do you snore?
Speaker 1: Or if there's a couple there, does he or she snore? And the answer is yes.
Speaker 14: You need to get that checked out because obstructive sleep apnea, being basically being choked one third of your day, is a horrible thing.
Speaker 1: And that needs to be resolved.
Speaker 14: I can cause all kinds of cardiovascular, cause CHF, cause all other crazy problems. I got some tips to help you sleep here in a minute.
Speaker 3: Great, Well, let's we'll hear from the guys on the tips, and I'm looking forward to hearing them. I did a sleep avenue test had sleep apnea, and it was just awful that you're drowning essentially, you're being in It can really cause like a panic attack during the day because it's it.
Speaker 1: Wakes literally wakes you up.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately for me, I just am loathed the concept of getting a seapap machine. I got a a custom orthotic from doctor Fred Peck which pushes my jaw out. It's reasonably comfortable. I'm awaren it for years and it works ninety percent of the time. My wife will occasionally say you were snoring but for the most part just kicking me and making me roll over.
Speaker 14: If you're overweight and you snore, that's a problem. If you get that snoring fixed, you can lose weight easier.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't consider myself overweight, and yet I still have the apnea issue, So go ahead and figure that one out. We'll continue to get some tips from George and Keith at seven forty five right now, and let me strongly encourage you. Obviously, the heat is on and you could be feeling far more comfortable and save a lot of money in your energy bill fighting that uphill heat battle with your AC system. But just by getting USA insulation, you may need it, you may not. That's why they do a free inspection in free quote for folks with old homes that don't have any insulation in the exterior. Well, yeah, you need it if you have an older home. My daughter's is a great illustration that was built late seventies had I think R twelve and it R twelve. After that many years, it's reduced its effectiveness and it's never it wasn't sufficient at all. Modern insulation. USA's Premium foam highest R value on the market, got that injected into the xterior walls along with that old insallation. They are uber comfortable, and of course the savings are going to be obvious to them. Only ninety nine dollars a month interest free, probably pay for itself depending on your current energy bills, so you will save money, the product will pay for itself, and you will be eligible for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit next year when you're doing your taxes. Five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one foam online USA Insallation dot.
Speaker 1: Net fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: First one to Wether forecasts and Channel nine pop up afternoon showers like between noon and sunset the best opportunity for those. Otherwise we're going to hit ninety two for a high with a heat index around one hundred, clear, muggy seventy three, overnight ninety two with a heat index around one hundred and some pop up afternoonst hours tomorrow, so mirror of today tomorrow overnight muggy Heath advisory enter at eight pm seventy four the overnight low, and then we're going to have a reasonable.
Speaker 1: Day on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Coldfront is approaching their rick, they're saying, and we'll have eighty six for the high on Saturday seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Right now traffick time from the uc HEL Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: At you see Health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at uc health dot com. Northbound seventy five break lights continue to build out of very Linger into downtown. That's over a five minute delay. Then slow Mitchell towards Paddock where there was an earlier accident.
Speaker 8: That's now clear.
Speaker 9: Southbound seventy five break lights out of Lachland South two seventy five heavy into the construction on the bridge. Chuck Ingram Hunt fifty five krc DE talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven fifty fifty five kr SE decalk station Our Power with George Venaman and Keith Ennefeld again Restore Wellness dot org, finding some value information and pointing out the obvious importance of dealing with and managing stress, both physical and mental, and the implications within your body on what stress can do.
Speaker 1: And then we're also focusing on sleep.
Speaker 3: And I know, Keith you you wanted to pass along some helpful hints and mechanisms for my listeners to help get them that good night's sleep.
Speaker 1: That's right, you know.
Speaker 14: Obviously, routine is the most important part where you say, Okay, at this time, I'm getting going to bed, and I'm only going to go to bed.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 14: The bed is designed for a couple purposes. One of them is not to sit up and watch TV and stay on your cellphone.
Speaker 1: It's the other purpose that I prefer. But you know that can help you sleep too. Oh yeah, especially if done properly.
Speaker 14: Right exactly, And we'll talk about that in the next segment. Anyway, So a couple of good supplements. El theanine Lthianine is a very good stress reducer and helps you sleep. One two hundred milligrams about an hour before bed. Magnesium theoryinate or three or in eight is it what they sometimes we'll say one to two grams an hour before bed. Obviously, the whole camomal tea is another good thing that you can do. You and Brian brought up a great idea of guided imagery. That's a very fantastic thing to do.
Speaker 3: My meditative walk in the woods thing, very good, very good, that has a name guided imagery.
Speaker 14: No, you invented it, of it, I just termed that I just put put a name to it. Made me feel sophisticated. Sometimes people really need to burn muscle tension. Uh, they feel like they're just tight, So stretching and or doing a couple of rounds of some hit exercises, you know. Sometimes that's say, exercises that actually can wake you up, but it actually can also exhaust you too. So if you want to do a bunch of push ups or stretches that help just lengthen everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will occasionally, usually on an as needed basis, because I used to I really used to be big into yoga. I'll do some yoga stretches and twists, and that really helps me get comfortable to fall asleep.
Speaker 14: Another good bio hack is if you're if you're a person who takes shit hour at night and this is strange warm shower, hot shower, and then switch it to cold for thirty seconds to a minute, and it's in that state that produces this great way to relax and go to sleep.
Speaker 1: Really yep.
Speaker 14: Gary Bereca talks about that one, and then last but not least, kind of having a brain fart here, it's uh oh, what was it? Not a great time to go to a break boy anyway, So let's just try to make my goal overall is to make sleep a priority. If it's one third of your life, you need to make it a priority. If you need to get a sleeping medication, because you've tried everything. You've tried melotone, you tried magnesium, you tried these these records.
Speaker 3: Meltone was when I was trying to come up with because you didn't mention that specifically.
Speaker 14: I'm not a fan of melatonin because of the way way to interrupt your chronic serotonin production, and I'd like to try that to do that naturally, and that's usually gut health. You get on a good circadian rhythm, you wake up with the sun, you try to go to bed roughly around sunset, your circadian get rhythm gets reset, and your serotonin levels are usually fine.
Speaker 1: Melitonin hacks that.
Speaker 14: So I try to stay away from that, but you might want to talk to your provider about a you know, another alternative if nothing else is getting you to sleep. And there's a lot of medications out there that have been around for a while that work very very well.
Speaker 1: And there's some new ones too. Za acts.
Speaker 14: Right, there's that, there's transit, do own, there's ambience. I'm not trying to be a promoter of pharmaceuticals, but because sleep is so important and if you've tried everything, sometimes you just need to do that because it's important to you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I guess they're monitoring and controlling the prescription drugs along those lines so much more than they used to because of course all the problems we've got with over prescribing and people getting addicted. So the idea of getting xanax from your provider, that may be a short term kind of thing from the provider's perspective.
Speaker 13: Now, well, the beauty is to look all at all of these is short term. You're trying to get us so that your body naturally will do the inflammation control or muscle sermmary jack exactly like muscle memory. Everything we're talking about for the most part. You know, when you start talking about meds or specific supplements, the idea is to try and find a more natural way to get those to happen instead of having to you know, go out there and artificially introduce them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just the whole concept of having to be reliant on a pharmaceutical company, even if it's providing you with great benefits, even if there's no downside risk, if you need a prescription, you're kind of stuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Oh that's what I was going to say.
Speaker 14: Is hormones, especially if females postmenopausal perimenopausal progesterone levels, this can be very very important to help you balance sleep well.
Speaker 3: As gonna mention, Yeah, I used to do commercials for uh sorry, see I couldn't wait any longer to apologies for that. That should never happen on the radio, Brian, But I used to do commercials for a center that did hormone bioidentical hormone replacements, and man, I had all kinds of people tell me how wonderful the outcome was with that. Yeah, going back to the multiple reasons for the bad Yeah, and just general overall wellness and feeling of greater energy and more balance and things in life. So, if your hormones are out of whack.
Speaker 14: It can be dealt with, yep, and it can actually change a person's personality. If your hormones are out of whack to the point where not only are you losing sleep, but you're somebody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, strange.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had a friend who had struggled with weight loss. He went in and had his hormone level checked zero testosterone. His body didn't produce it, and that's that's the main reason he wasn't able to lose weight. As as much as he tried and as often as he worked out, went on the hormone replacement therapy and it worked miracles for him. Keith George, it's always a pleasure. Restore wellness dot Org for the guy's information. Stay in touch with the web page, and stay in touch with your health. It's all about you taking some stock and a personal accountability and making your life a better thing, having better cognitive function, just feeling better generally. So I'm appreciative of you guys and what you did and helping to kind of share this information with the general community so we're all feeling better. Seventy six, Oh my pleasure. Seven fifty six Stick around after the top of the oir news. Joe Montgomery back in the studio. What's going on with Patriots Landing. I love what they're doing with Patriots Landing for our veteran friends out there. Joe Montgomery's got it all he's got a special announcement. Plus j Rat look at eight thirty with iheard media aviation expert.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back.
Speaker 4: News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: Not gonna be complicated, It's going to go very fast. Fifty five KRC the talk station. Up for what's developing.
Speaker 3: This is just.
Speaker 12: Developing out of the Middle East now.
Speaker 4: Right now it's developing.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the talk station, Ato six chair, fifty five KRC de Talk Station.
Speaker 3: A very happy Friday Eve to you, and as I've been importing out all morning, very special happy.
Speaker 1: Day for me and my wife.
Speaker 3: I'd like to think she agreed, and she is, because she texted me to say she was in agreement. It's our thirty third a and we're both pretty happy with the fact that we were able to meet each other. And I'm certainly happy with the fact that I was able to convince her to go out with me, since she did say no a couple of times after when I first tried. Anyhow So, he's a woman of she's smart, that's smarter than I am. Anyway back in studio, and it's always a pleasure to see Joe Montgomery, who's currently in a relationship where he's out kicked his coverage. He knew I was gonna say something. Lynn is an outstanding woman. She's amazing morning congratulates all with the young Marines. And of course Joe Montgomery, if you don't remember, is involved with and the founder of a wonderful, wonderful organization called Patriots Landing located in northern Kentucky, real close to the the Arc Museum. Right, it's that right, just Arc in County. That's kind of right around the corner for you guys. And let's start off before we get to your announcement. I know you've gotten something special. Let my listeners know about you're the reason behind Patriots Landing, what you do each and every day, and we'll talk about some of the items you manufactured in your woodshop, which has expanded over the years. So let's start off with a little history lesson to remind my listeners or at least explained to them for those who aren't familiar with you.
Speaker 15: Yeah, well, you know our mission statement is enhancing the lives of veterans and their families. And you and I have talked over the years about a lot of the things that happened in our shop, with the camaraderie, with the purpose that we're providing for the veterans, it's so real.
Speaker 1: It's amazing to watch.
Speaker 15: One of the things I wanted to share with you this morning is we talk about this with our groups that visit all the time that a lot of times in most veterans, probably the far majority, would acknowledge that, as we just discussed briefly, your wonderful, lovely, beautiful spouse has given you the ability to grow in your relationship and play caated a lot of different things and is not causing tons of stress for you right over the years and your relationship, well, I.
Speaker 3: Couldn't be married to a woman who caused me stress all the time, Like if I was pulling in the driveway and I got a sinking feeling like oh no, done over with not that's not me, but not having to deal with that or even think about it as a concept. That's one of the reasons why I'm so happy that I was able.
Speaker 15: To what a perfect segue with your previous guests are just amazing and stress had the pleasure right that it's just just the brain stress thing which you and I have a lot of because we're just on go, go go all the time. But but the the spouses, and I'll say particularly maybe the wives. We have a lot of, you know, women who serve obviously, and the husbands do now, but historically, you know, the spouse suffers equally a lot of times as much or even sometimes more than the actual veteran if they're deployed that you know, they have to hold the house down with the kids or whatever else. And the stress there about one of the loved one being deployed and not knowing where they are than when that person comes home.
Speaker 1: And I forget if it's a song or a saying.
Speaker 15: That really hit me years ago when we talked about and bringing the families in, is that the mom sent her boy overseas and the boy never came home, but her son came home. It was just a different person. And so that's what the families deal with. And I tell you all that because we just recently brought into our shop a wonderful edition.
Speaker 1: Her name is well, we call her Goody. It's Goody.
Speaker 15: I believe I'm probably butchering that, but she is very much a German woman. She met her husband in Germany, while he's serving. They got married. They spent twenty something years over there. She came to America, loves America. Her husband obviously was a veteran of the army, loved woodworking. Was you know that veterans cemetery is right across street from our facility. Well, she came in a little over a year ago having buried her husband, wanted to thank us for putting the flags out that we put out. Oh yeah, cemetery. Yeah, and was just bawling and needed a burial flight case. So we assisted her with that process and picked out the right one for her husband. She says, oh, my husband was a woodworker, blah blah blah. Well, Brian, about every couple of months she would come down to visit her husband. She would come in and every time she was crying, she was emotional. And I started a conversation about our mission statement is on our wall. You know, we we would love to have you come in if you love woodworking. And oh, she says, I like to scroll saw and boh, I said, I said, goodie, we have a scroll saw in the back that's literally collecting dust. You know, pardon the pun, but it never gets used. We don't have time for it. And so about a month and a half ago she came in and she was she looked a little different, and she says, she says, Joe, she says, she says, it's been a year. It's been a year today, and she says, I think I'm ready. I'm like goodie whenever I said, pack a lunch, come down. And she's come down every week since then. And she gets in the back and she's smiling, and she's she doesn't take any craft from the boys.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that well, she's German.
Speaker 15: And it is absolutely gives me chills and amazing to see how our veterans have just welcomed her as the spouse of a veteran and she just part of the family lunch.
Speaker 1: She lasts, she tells jokes.
Speaker 15: And so I got to witness from the death of a loved on when it was a sudden, very quick passing. One of those found out ay cancer was gone a month.
Speaker 1: Later time and uh, you know, to have.
Speaker 15: Air quote a non veteran come into our shop, but a family member who lived and literally was brought to America from a veteran. Now in the back in our shop, scroll and stuff, and she makes all kinds of cool stuff. So uh that that's a that's another step into progression of how we're helping veterans and their families really, and it was just fun to watch.
Speaker 3: Well and just sort of an explanation on the value of your organization. Obviously, a woman struggling with her emotional situation given the loss of her husband, you were a welcoming environment for her. You did something nice for her in this in the form of getting very flag of veterans of flag burial box or flatcase flagcase struggling with the words, which is one of your original ideas. You are the exclusive provider of flagcases for Arlington National Cemetery, which I think is just an amazing thing. But that stepping stone and you stuck with it. And she obviously was impacted by that encounter since she kept showing up, so she did, and she had one foot in the door that little experience with the Patriots landing.
Speaker 15: And we've had a Vietnam veteran with a very similar experience where when they come in with their wives the families.
Speaker 1: Again, you know, I.
Speaker 15: Could tell the veteran will say, oh, I like woodworking, blah blah, blah, and collectively they'll say, you know, well I need to get down here.
Speaker 1: But you can see it in the wives, like he needs to get down here.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 15: And it's a purpose, right, it's a purpose. It's like they see them around the house modeling, not quite sure day to day cutting the grass. They have their honeydew list, sure, but they don't have you know, cutting the grass is not a purpose coming down and hang out in a shop and shooting the crap and laughing and telling war stories. As we've discussed many times, it's just happens. There's a purpose there for them.
Speaker 3: Then then they also can engage in the woodworking activities because you make these really cool handmade wood products, and I love how the veterans' names on them, the veteran who made any individual item and youth. I've been the recipient of several of these over the years, the flag, the Passion Cross which you gave me last That thing is amazing. And the Patriot Cross, which I have probably displayed out of my favorite spot in the in my house, my screened in porch.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, oh yeah, I see it every day, so they're there.
Speaker 3: You know what sounds really cool to me, just the idea of hanging out with a bunch of cool guys you have this connection with by virtual Military service. It a wood shop because you know, I've done some wood projects myself over the years. So it's like guys hanging out in a garage working on cars. This is guys hanging out in the wood shop, working on wood projects, but having that opportunity to you know, bus toevos and swap stories and you know, decompressed, perhaps making friends.
Speaker 15: Yeah we didn't invent reinvent the wheel taking take veterans out or whatever your listener lunches. You know, like minded people coming together, enjoying their time together. Yeah, yeah, similar thoughts talking. Probably a stress reliever.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, without question, going back to friends or yeah, I don't feel a lick of stress at a listener life. Thank you for pointing that out. I mean to see, I have one more reason to look forward to it. We'll continue with Joe Montgomery. It's Patriots Landing dot org. Patriots Landing dot org. They have a whole bunch of different products that they make. The proceeds go to benefit this organization, and they've expanded over the years and obviously more and more veterans are discovering Patriots landing and all the benefits of Baal hanging out in the shop age fifteen. Right now that you have krc detalk station at Gate of Heaven and Catholic Cemetery of Montgomery, it is beautiful, there is no question about it. The landscaping, the trees, the paths and the environment is just a perfect place to reflect on life, the sacredness of life. You know, a place for prayer, a place for healing, a place for meditation, to spend a full hour talking with George and Keith on stress, a place to decompress, for a tranquil landscape, surrounded area for all of this, you know, mental health to occur, and also a wonderful spot for you to consider for your final resting place. Kate of Heaven excuse me, Catholic Church. Find them online learn more at gateof Heaven dot org.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC our iHeart.
Speaker 3: A twenty fifty KRCD talk station Joe Montgomery from an amazing organization that he found it.
Speaker 1: Have you been around fifteen years now? I was just looking at the other day.
Speaker 15: I'm not real good with dates, but it's closer to seventeen because it's just a slightly older than my boy.
Speaker 3: Update your website. Another thing, the website which is Patriots Lane dot org. Try not to stress me out, brother, Oh.
Speaker 1: No, you know, I'm not going to try to do that. Just busting plavos again anyway.
Speaker 3: A place for patriots and families to spend time together, to work in the workshop, to make these wonderful products, and most notably the flagcases, which are the exclusive flagcases for Arlington National Cemetery. Maybe a loved one, a military veteran passing your home and you're looking for something spec to display the flag in. You have come to the right place when you go to Patriots Landing dot org. And you also do some custom items too, don't you.
Speaker 8: We do, we do.
Speaker 15: We have made all kinds of different tables in the past. It was just at the dav Headquarters, which is a gorgeous, gorgeous facility there in Erlanger a couple of days ago. It's actually dropping off a couple of small we have small flagcases for like memorial flags.
Speaker 1: Sure to an Air Force.
Speaker 15: Veteran who happened to be there and I and I went upstairs and happened to run into Barry Jasanowski, who's the head of the dav and Cody Van Box, a very good friend, executive director, and we talked. We talked for about a half an hour. Just great, great guys. I mean you can imagine they run this huge organization and Joe walks in and the man gives me thirty minutes of his time and we talk family, We talk all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 1: We were looking.
Speaker 15: We made six or seven custom walnut ive edge coffee tables for their new headquarters. They are out o nothing executive thing, and we're going to actually kind of redo them. I was telling Barry, we'll start one at a time and stand them down and put I've discovered a different type of oil that we can put on these live edge stuff that just man and so we've we've done some of that with live edge stuff. Uncle LeRoy's fudge. If you've ever been to the Creation Museum or arc Encounter, they saw fudge there, answers and Genesis is opening a new facility in Pigeonforge and in Branson, Missouri. So he needed to fudge tables, which need to hold that seven hundred and fifty pounds marbles. Yeah, so we had to make sure we built some beefy tables there. We do all kinds of little different tastes, so it's not just the items that we're seeing on your website. I guess the only point I wanted to make, because I know you do some custom creations for the other special order. You did bring a bag of tricks with you today, and you were going to spring that on. And we have a couple of a few minutes remaining in a segment, so let's open the goodie box. He's gonna get his tissues out an allergy moment, No, no, And you did it, and uh, the gate of Yeah, well, on the heels of that conversation about that wonderful woman, the German woman that comes in the timing I guess was yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Then you segued into the gate of Heaven.
Speaker 15: And that's where you know, my dad, who I founded this for, we buried him there, and then a few months later we buried my mom there.
Speaker 1: And so I just wow, I just feel that. Uh, it's just it's just why, it's just why I come and talk to you.
Speaker 3: Lord works in mysterious ways, my friend, I had no idea the timing could not have been more perfect and considering the subject matter, but it was there on the schedule all morning.
Speaker 1: So so, uh, what I did is I always like to bring you something, brother. So this is uh, this is a Kentucky bourbon barrel American flag.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 3: That's where the wood coloring comes from. That's that's the that's the charcole inside of the barrel. So the charcoal represents the red and the outside, the outside represents the white.
Speaker 8: That is cool.
Speaker 15: And you mentioned the signatures on the back always means so much, so we put on there for you, buddy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're gonna make me have an allergy up right now, here's the Kleenex brother to our dear friend, an amazing support of Brian Thomas cheers. Yeah, oh man, And I signed that one for you. I made that one up.
Speaker 15: And uh and you know you've experienced some of our stuff being a faith based the Patriot Cross, which I at least has a faith based saying, the Passion Cross, which is definitely uh so this is this is something that we used to make quite a bit of and we just got back into it and I brought you a little stand here. But literally, without further ado, I've been working on something for about eighteen months, so I kind of thought the Kentucky Bourbon barrel flag might be apropos.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's awesome. This is this is what we're launching today, sir.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, Patriots Landing straight Bourbon whiskey. You've got your own whiskey. We have our own private label. Ber that is awesome. Where can my listeners we're almostrunning out of times. Where can my listeners get this and support your organization? I'm sure it probably tastes out and.
Speaker 15: It was hands selected by a young lady named Erica Kraus, who's well known in North Kentucky as a bourbon expert. My buddy Jeremy Armbrewster came down. He's a Bourbon bourbon officionado. And so right to our website, Patriots Landing dot org, you're found the Founder's Edition eighty eight and the eighty eight Brian, there's gonna be eighty eight limited edition bottles. Okay, you're gonna get a number of different cool little things when you buy this bottle shipped to you for your support. The eighty eight is because that's how Pops was when he passed Founder's edition bottles and a.
Speaker 3: Special thing for his service to our country. And again he's the impetus behind the existence of Paytriots Landing, which you started in your father's honor for after his service or his country.
Speaker 1: This is number one of eighty eight. I'm keeping that one, buddy. You can have the flag, but that comes back with me.
Speaker 3: Enough, fair enough, I'll get over and get one before they go cool and congratulations, man, that is a wonderful, wonderful offering. Folks, do yours help, do your best to help support them. If you're a veteran, you know where to turn. Go to Patriots Landing the information at Patriots Landing dot org. Check out the products. Just support them by buying one. You'll be thoroughly impressed with them. I love this bourbon cask flag. You gamy man, Joe. It's just been awesome seeing you again. Keep up the great barround. So inspiring. Thank you, so inspiring. God bless you, God bless you. Stick around folks. iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Rave as is the case every Thursday. Looking forward to having Jay back on the program and some cool topics with Jay as well, and an opportunity for you to save money getting your car repaired. Don't go to the dealer, go to Foreign Exchange for traditional imported manufactured cars, whether Asia, Europe or our friends over at Tesla. They do you test the service at Foreign Exchange, Yes, full warranty on parts and service for anything they're doing for you, regardless of which cars in there. They have access to your manufacturers technical information. Your car will be worked on by an AS certified Master technician. And I've heard rumors that the price of car repairs going way way up, and you know that's going to be the case of your dealer. So save the money, get great customer service and a wonderful repair experience, and going there for probably a decade maybe more. Online you find them at Foreign X from the letter X dot com at for the Westchester location, that's Tylersville off of seventy five East two Streets, right on Kinglin. And you're there, tell Austin and the crew there. Brian said, Hi five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty.
Speaker 4: Six fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Here's your Channel nine first one weather forecast, so ninety two of the heat in x LO one hundreds and at chance of storms between noon and sunset.
Speaker 1: Pop ups uh buggy.
Speaker 3: Overnight little seventy three tomorrow, just like today, high ninety two of the heated. Next little hunters pop up afternoon storms overnight Yes again muggy heat advisory into at eight pm seventy four. The overnight low eighty six with an approaching cold front Saturday. It's a seventy nine right now, in time for traffic.
Speaker 8: From the UCL Trampic Center. You see health.
Speaker 9: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at UCHealth dot com. Southbound seventy one continues slow from above two seventy five to an accident near Kenwood Road.
Speaker 8: They're on the right shoulder.
Speaker 9: North Found seventy one slows between Red Bank and ken Wood southbound seventy five break lights through.
Speaker 8: Lachlan Chuck King Bramont fifty five k r C Lead Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Eight thirty one, fifty five KRCD Talks Dation. It's Thursday. Time for iHeartMedia aviation.
Speaker 3: Next for Jay rather before we hear from Jay, though very quick, Thanks and props on the heels of Joe Montgomery from Patriots Lane and the announcement of the Patriots Landing Whiskey. Props go to Borbinski. Burbinski is the manufacturer. It's a veteran owned bourbon distillery. Matt Carter US Army, I guess founded it, and so it's veteran owned, a veteran owned company for and distillery, and veteran owned special whiskey made just for Patriots Landing, bottled by veterans and then for sale in very limited quantities. So another reason to get it out. And thanks to Bourbinski for all they do. And welcome back Jay Rattle. If I appreciate you give me a moment or two to put that in there.
Speaker 16: To step aside for our veterans. Brother, you know I'll do that anytime of the day or a night.
Speaker 1: Absolutely I did not.
Speaker 16: I'm not a burb I'm not a bourbon drinker. But I was like, brother, go on, go on, go on, because I wish we could see more of that. And I often tell people, my kids, grandkids, the only thing better today than it was when I was their age is our appreciation for veterans and be happier.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I didn't expect any resistance from you, of all people, Jay Ratlist. All Right, so this first topic has me totally intrigued. And since I didn't look into it in advance, you're gonna be letting me and my listeners know for the first time the TSA has banned a specific type of cell phone. What's the story behind this one?
Speaker 16: Well, the you and I've talked about repeatedly these lithium batteries and the phone repeating catching fire on an airplane, and how these lithium battery electronic devices are never ever to be placed in a piece of check luggage because if they catch on fire, we can't get to them, and that creates a big time problem. And if one of these phones gets stuck in a seat and they can't get to it, you know, I've talked about how they have an emergency landing quickly because if it catches on fire, there's no way to put that fire out if it's stuck into a seat. So it's a very serious matter. And just recently the US Department of Transportation in the FAA issued in an emergency order that's banning a cell phone from flying. It's not allowed in check luggage. Obviously ever, nor is it allowed to be carried on. If you show up at the TSA checkpoint with this kind of phone, they're going to take it from you, or you're gonna have to leave it behind or give it to somebody else. But it's the Samsung Galaxy Note seven and the Samsun Galaxy Note seven came out twenty sixteen, so it's not like a super modern type of phone, but a lot of people still use it, and when they show up at the airport, they are un they are shocked that they're being told you can go, that phone cannot. And it was the first time that the FAA has taken a position that says, you know what safety is safety, and if these things pose this kind of problem where they catch on fire more than other phones, we are not going to let them on board an airplane. I was shocked in a very good way that the FAA took this position, because it opens up the door for if there's other phones that are overheating to the point where it's happening frequently, where flight attendants now also become firefighters. Something has to be done before we have a horrific access. Yeah, so hats off to the FAA who actually did that. Now, airlines could have done this on their own, but they didn't. And the TSA, you know, is involved in all this as well. And Brian, I'm just glad to see it, because when you're talking about something that has the potential of catching on fire and it's okay, go ahead and bring it along with you, hopefully it won't happen. And the scariest part to me is when we have these devices and we put them in our luggage and at the gate they take our bag to check to our destination, you know, because the bins are full, some people forget they've got those devices in those bags and they go straight from the gate to the plane. And so yeah, see, seeing the TSA do this and the FAA, I am very very pleased.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds like a step in the right direction from my standpoint, you know, of course, I'm sure I am love those I feel for the people who have them. It's like I've been flying with this phone for the last several years. You're gonna tell me now, I'm not. Yeah, that's the way it happens.
Speaker 16: We're trying to get the word out to anybody that's lying or if you've been making fun of somebody over their twenty sixteen phone and it's a Samsung Galaxy Note seven. Please please please let them know what they're in store for when they get to the airport, because the TSA is trying to get the word out. I'm really glad they are. And again this is probably just the first of several that we could see band as we.
Speaker 3: Move forward, more phones and the aviation topics coming up next with Jay Ratliff stick around, be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Here's what's trending cair CD talk station. I heard meed the aviation expert Jay Ratliffe on the program. Always enjoy our conversations, Jay and Dominic. Theme this morning apparently phone. So the TSA banning a specific type of phone but doesn't matter what brand phone it might get stolen at the airport.
Speaker 16: Yes, in fact, there's an increasing number of phone that are being reported as stolen per the TSA, and they're saying that it's it's easily preventable, and what happens. Any of us who fly know that a lot of times if you put your all your belongings in the bind, it goes through this the X ray machine you're about to walk through, but the person in front of you gets, you know, buzzed or what they got to go through a few and you're just waiting. So your stuff's over on the other side waiting for you, and you're still waiting to get through the process. You can get to your belongings. And people that just put their phone out in the bin with all their other stuff where it's easily visible, those are the ones that are being snatched because people see them, they grab them. I mean, nobody's there checking to make sure your stuff is your stuff, and with all the moving parts, it's pretty easy for somebody if they are a thief to look at that and say, hey, I'll grab that phone. There's a lot of personal information on it. If I can act into it gets me into some financial stuff, so let me do it. So the Tessa is saying, just make it harder, put it in your bag before you put it in the bin, or put it in something just to hide it.
Speaker 3: Jake, can I ask your question though I don't know what your personal protocol is, but as I'm thinking you're telling this story, that's something that's kind of always loomed in the back of my head. I am not taking my eye off my box. It's got my wallet in it, it's got my phone in and it's got the keys i'm gonna need to get home in it. So I watched the thing through the whole process until it gets out of the ramp and I'm able to get my hands on it. So if someone tried to steal something out of my box, I would know right away and get over into his face.
Speaker 16: Or alert the authority so that somebody yeah, yeah, yeah, But you know, there's sometimes there's a lot of stuff going on, and you know, people that aren't used to flying, scari flying, kind of intimidated by flying, they go through this just oblivious because they're being told what to do, when to do, where to stand, where to go, where to walk, all that, and it's just a blur. So because of that, the confusion that is that ensues at a security checkpoint, h and many times at a ticket counter open up the possibility for people to do things that uh, you know, from a from a theft standpoint. And you know, when you've got four or five bins that are lined up over on the other side waiting for people to get to them, it's easy to lose track of which beIN is yours nice from it from a distance. So but it's surprising that we have a number of these. And you know, a lot of times the phone is the last thing that goes into that bin because it's the last thing that we're kind of clutching to, and a lot of times it's just laid in there, exposed for everybody to see. Its asking us just do something to hide it, get away so that we don't. You know, nobody can be tempted to steal something that you know, sadly most people can't live without.
Speaker 1: There's some people.
Speaker 3: You think someone has enough money and ability to to buy an airline ticket and fly to some destination, they wouldn't be inclined to steal something. It's like a crime of opportunity. It's laying there. I'll just grab it.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. Some people fly to steal okay, okay.
Speaker 16: We'll get don't get the cheapest fairs they can to wherever, and they look for people that aren't paying attention to their stuff at a bar that's drinking, then go to the bathroom leave stuff behind. I mean, it's just and that's one of the reasons that if you're flying and you see something that just doesn't quite look right, please bring it up to the attention of someone. And most people are reluctant to do so, and I always say, please do because law enforcement is always indicated to me. Tell us what you see and we'll tell you if it's something that's of note or not. But don't ever hesitate because you know, yes, it could be fat or it could be something of a security issues, a safety standpoint from terrorism. And you see unattended bags, or somebody doing something that doesn't look right, or somebody' stealing from another person, by all means, please bring it to the attention of you know, the people that are in charge at the airports.
Speaker 3: All right, We're either going to go really long in this segment, we're gonna go a little short. I'm gonna choose the latter option. We'll stop right now and bring it back to talk about the NTSV conclusion about the door plug problem on Alaska Airlines, plus the europe In union doing what I think you think is the right thing un single pilot flights eight forty four Right now, I'll be right.
Speaker 4: Back with Jay Ratliffe fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Experience Channa nine first one four KSh Today and tomorrow virtual mirrors of each other with pop up afternoon storms, possible heat index and the low one hundred serve around one hundred and both days a high of ninety two sandwich in between a low of seventy three and muggy conditions overnight. Come Friday, the heat advisory ends at eight pm. It'll be a muggy day. It'll be a overnight low of seventy four and a slight increased chances comes for Saturday, but a cold front is coming our way and it will have a high of eighty six on Saturday.
Speaker 1: It's eighty degrees right now. Time for final traffic Chuck.
Speaker 8: Probably you see how traffics center. You see Healthy.
Speaker 9: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's foundless care for better. I've come so expect more. You'd see health dot Com. Cruise are working with an accident southbound seventy one below Fieldsirtle. Traffic is slothing through blue Ash and ken Wood thanks to an earlier wreck after ken Wood rode that was on the right shoulder. They just cleared it north found seventy five slows buttermilk. Kyle's Chuck Ingram on fifty five KARC the Talk Station.
Speaker 3: It is a forty seven if if you got KRC the Talk Station. One more with Jay Ratl. I've always enjoyed closing out the Thursdays or Friday eves on a positive note with Jay, and let's talk about the NTSB made some conclusions about the Alaska Airline door plug flight emergency. That's when the one with the door that blew off and I'm sure soiled a lot of shorts for people on the flight.
Speaker 1: So what did they conclude, Well.
Speaker 16: You know we always talk about these National Transportation Safety Board reports will go eight or twelve months, and that's what it took place here because it was on January fifth of last year when that last airline fled twelve eighty two, had that door plug ripped from the cabin and that exposed the passengers and the crew to that rapid air decompression of the cabin and as you remember, that force was so intense it caused that secured lock cockpit door to fly open. So still a miracle that no passengers were killed. But the final NTSB report came out this week, and they blasted Boeing for their lack of proper oversight and even blasted the FAA, which was a little bit uncommon for the National Transportation Safety Board, saying, look, the fa didn't do their job at making sure that Boeing was doing everything that they were supposed to be doing. Currently. Remember Boeing five years ago lied to everybody on the planet about a lot of things with the Boeing Max. Back then, Boeing promised to do better, and the FA said, we'll do better, We'll keep a closer eye on Boeing, which obviously did not happen. And the NTSB report said that the flight crew were heroes, every single one of them that but added they never should have been because this never should have happened, and just blasted them. And of course, we hope Boeing has made the changes that they need to to make sure that things are I don't know, bolted in and all the you know, everything is secured from a hardware standpoint, But we just got to wait and see it. I'll know in a few years, we all will Boeing has been good to their promises, because five years ago, I was an idiot and believed exactly what they said with all their paragraphs of promise on how they had learned their lesson and they were going to be better, and obviously they were worse now than they were back then. So hopefully things are going to try ou for Boeing, we just don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, the only way we find out if they aren't is if we have another incident like this, right, Jay.
Speaker 16: I know that's it. And you know a lot of times when we have an incident, we get lucky and it doesn't involve a fatality or serious injury. And we got you talk about lucky twelve eighty two. This is a full flight, and this that is next to this door, nobody's sitting in and I mean most of the time, if you're in the middle seat, you'd be like, hey, I'm gonna go here and sit and kind of move around to things, and nobody did. And remember the blast was so much it ripped a shirt off of a teenager that was close. I mean just ripped it off. And you know, thank god, people are their seat belts on. You couldn't talk to the person next to you because it was so loud because of the air that was rushing out of that aircraft and it's like taking a.
Speaker 3: Cork off a champagne bottle because of the pressureization of the cabin and then imagine something.
Speaker 16: As big as the cabin doing that. That's just from a small bottle. And when you've got that happening with a uh, you know, a cabin area, that's something. Now remember Saturday Night Live, and I'm not a fan of SNL at all, they did a skit on this Brian that was absolutely spot on hilarious And if you ever look at YouTube on that the Saturday Night Live video that since nobody got hurt, I'm okay with it. If somebody got hurt, I'd have been very offended with it. But it was hilarious. They went after our last airlines. I'm surprised they were allowed to do it, but it was. It was something to watch and everything was factually kind of accurate. But you know, we learned from that. And of course, but remember last year this happened January fifth, and it was a week before a week before that, Boeing came out with an advisory to all the airlines saying on some of our Boeing Max aircraft on the rudder control systems We've had some mechanics around the world report that there were some missing bolts and nuts from the rudder control system BRAN. That's what allows the pilots to fly the airplane. So that was something that said, hey, we've got missing hardware on a very critical component on our Boeing Max airplane. Keep an eye out. Okay, I guess, I guess we're gonna you know, as we're doing the maintenance, keep an eye out. So we had something that was totally unrelated a week later that blew off of an airplane. Why because things weren't secured. It just makes no sense. But if you believe some of the whistleblowers that Boeing was so in a hurry to push these airplanes through production that you had people doing the job of two and three people. They were being rushed, constantly, being worked over time, and it was just a horrific work environment, you can see how some of this stuff might actually happen. So, yes, I hope Boeing's learned their lesson Brian, because just a scary, scary situation, it doesn't prevent me from flying Boeing. So please don't don't take that as me saying don't you jump on a bowing aircraft. But look, I'm counting on the FAA to do their job here and I hope this time they do.
Speaker 3: Mark Jay's words, European Union says single pipe pilot flights not such a good idea.
Speaker 16: It was twenty twenty one you and I talked about how the European Union talked about, hey, maybe we should have a commission that looks into having a single pilot on the flight deck. And because look, airlines spend thirty five to forty percent of their bottom line total operating expense on you know, payroll, so you know, yeah, if we have one pilot, we can cut things out and the technology is there, And of course I'm totally against that because I want two highly qualified individuals there so if one passes out or dies, which has happened, that we don't have to worry about. You know, we've got a redundant backup system. Well, finally the European unions come out and said, you know what, maybe now is not the time. Thank God for that. They're saying that it's going to require redesign of the aircraft. Other things you have to be looked at and address and at least for now, it's no longer going to be something that they're going to be pushing, So it's gone to the back burner. Snoopy dance time for me, because that was something I never wanted to see. Because the next step after a single pilot aircraft is a no pilot aircraft that is totally automated, and I certainly don't want to go there either.
Speaker 3: Agree completely. I don't even want to get in this one of the self driving cars.
Speaker 5: Jay.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I just don't trust that the technology is there yet.
Speaker 1: Finally, you can.
Speaker 16: Tell how passionate I am about those topics, brother, because I'm telling you I was screaming from the top of the of the mountains. No, please, Lord Ward, No.
Speaker 3: We share the same concerns, all right. Typically, as we do, we'll end on hub delays. What's it looked like out there for air travel today.
Speaker 16: Jay, Minneapolis. I hope you're not going there because we've got another day of rain, wind, limited visibility. It is going to be a slow down there if you're flying connecting on Delta through Minneapolis. New York is going to give us some issues in probably Boston by the end of the day. But I think those are going to be a little bit less than what we're seeing Minneapolis. Other than that, across the country should be a very very good day to fly, other than the late day pop up thunderstorms. And if you are flying, please remember to keep your seat belt fastened about your Turbulence is still out there, especially this time of year. Had an American Airlines flight last week. Five people taken to the hospital, so they hit turbulence people, and most of them were the flight attend Let's say we're upserving at the time, so I can't do anything about them, but we can do something about us when we're seated, So please keep those seat belts.
Speaker 3: Found sound advice from Jay Ryloff. Always a pleasure having you on the program every Thursday.
Speaker 12: Jay.
Speaker 3: I look forward to next Thursday in another edition, and I hope you have a fantastic weekend.
Speaker 16: You too, my friend.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thanks brother eight fifty five if you five KRCD Talks Station. Happy anniversary again to my wife thirty three years today, looking forward to a three day weekend. Draw your own conclusions and Gary Jeff's going to cover for me tomorrow while I sleep in, So that'll be tomorrow in the Morning Show, Gary Jeff Walker, if you're out there, I appreciate covering for me. Joe Strecker, I appreciate you producing the morning show. Great conversation with George Breneman and Keith Tennenfeld about health, stress and sleep, of the two topics from Restore Wellness dot Org. George and Keith. Joe Montgomery. Awesome things going on a Patriots landing. You better get that bourbon while at lasts, because I just bought a bottle that means at minimum are at best. There's only eighty seven left, and I already know some of the listeners had bought the bottle. So get on over to Patriots Lanning dot org and support them in any way you can. Just fantastic, folks. Joe's an awesome guy. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 5: Everyone.
Speaker 1: Don't go away. Glenbeck's coming right up.
Speaker 4: News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour, We're moving very quickly.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by paid