Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty and now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's a hump day Wednesday, Good morning, September twenty or September fourth. I got twenty fourth, September fourth, and is another fun.
Speaker 3: Day because it's midway, which we call it hump day. And I don't have to explain it to you because you probably know.
Speaker 2: Guess who's back, Amy, Amy is back today.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Amy, good morning. Now you're no Heather Brooker.
Speaker 4: Granted, but let me appreciate that you say that to me every time I go on vacation.
Speaker 2: I understand that, but it's always a pleasure to have you back because Amy, even though she is on the A team, and which is this Warning team, is considered the A team. Well, thank you for being here, Amy, greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the backhanded compliment.
Speaker 3: I always appreciate it, always always.
Speaker 2: And then Neil is not here, But here comes the one and only what's his face over here?
Speaker 3: Wayne? Good morning? My memory flags. If you're not in front of me every day, I'm the Neil Emeritus.
Speaker 2: You are the Neil emeritus and he certainly is no Neil better, but certainly no Neil.
Speaker 3: I have to talk to Neil about that. You are on fire. I am on fire today, Ann, good morning. What I never mind.
Speaker 2: I was going to go into comparing you to Michelle, but Michelle's been here for twenty five years as my producer. You can't do that, and cono, cono. I've got to say, Okay, and I hate doing this, but then now you're the best board up I've ever had.
Speaker 3: No, that's true.
Speaker 2: You do the best job of music of anybody we've ever had. I just want to agree that's that's the truth. And I'll think of something to make fun of you about it.
Speaker 3: It's okay, I'll end it there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking about making fun there is a show if you get Hulu called and.
Speaker 3: I think I've already talked about this.
Speaker 2: It's called The Righteous Gemstones, and it is it's a take off and a televangelist family. It is quite just a parody, but it's really not a parody because it really is that crazy with these mega churches. It is the funniest, most depraved television show I have ever seen in my life. And when you can get me impressed with depravity.
Speaker 3: You're going a long long way.
Speaker 2: I'm going to suggest it's an HBO show and it's on Hula and we get Hulu and through Hbo.
Speaker 3: U is it on?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 5: This is just for so people can find it easily. Is it actually also on Hulu directly? Or do you have the bundle?
Speaker 3: I have the bundle, so you are still you have to watch it on Max? I think so I get correct that there's now.
Speaker 5: A bundle of Hulu and Max that you get all together and pay one bill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a yeah. I don't do this. Lindsay you don't need letters. Oh that reminds me after my cominges.
Speaker 5: You don't need any letters from people saying I went to hul, I have Hulu and I went to Hulu and I couldn't find the Righteous Gems. You have to have Max, or you have to have the Hulu Max.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, but anyway, it's the Righteous Gemstones and you can look it up where you can find it.
Speaker 3: If you have it. It is for a fourth season.
Speaker 2: It is so good that it is actually worth signing up even for a trial run, just for that show.
Speaker 3: Have you seen it? By the way, Wayne oh yeah, okay. Is am I right about this in terms of it's uttered depravity? Maybe you're underselling it is falling down laughing. Uh, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: The guy who created it is one of the stars. And the guy is I don't know where his mind goes McBride. Yeah, I don't know how he came up with this stuff. I mean, it's just you shake your head. So anyway, Uh, it's it's worth seeing.
Speaker 3: And are you going to read that letter yesterday?
Speaker 5: You said? Yeah, yesterday you said that you were going to read a letter for the Listener for an unusual reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right. Let me see if I have this here. It was uh, you know who sent that to me? Was uh it went to Michelle.
Speaker 3: Uh and I should well maybe maybe somebody can find it and uh no, knowing later that it was now you can wait, you know, Oh okay, and I'm sorry, yeah, and you can wait. And did you get that letter? By the way, did you get a copy of it?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, damn I have to call machine. You were so ladies and gentlemen, he was.
Speaker 2: So in here it is here, it is okay, here we go, hello, mister handle. And the reason I'm sending. Reading this letter is because it usually stubbed. My normal normally letter starts with dear Ahle with it spelled out, so this one.
Speaker 3: Dear mister Handel.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of your radio show, and I truly enjoy listening to it. However, I wanted to share a thought with you. Your show has a diverse audience, including both liberals and conservatives. I noticed that you occasionally comment on political matters occasionally, which I understand is your personal opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I generally say that, but his opinions can vary.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it might be more balanced to offer perspectives from both sides. For example, if you mentioned Rudy Giuliani drinking Trump's school aid, perhaps will be fair to also discuss the hundreds of affidavits from the twenty twenty that were.
Speaker 3: Dismissed by the courts. Yeah, that's part of drinking is kool aid.
Speaker 2: These affidavits were submitted by real people, many of whom, like myself, were immigrants. Will be interesting to hear why these affidavits were not upheld and why the individuals submitted them aren't facing legal consequences if their claims were false. Yeah, they were not upheld, every one of them, and yeah people have lost their law license, and yeah they're under criminal indictment.
Speaker 3: Could these be issues that are more complex than they appear?
Speaker 2: And then it goes on and you know, I believe your show's greatest value lies in focusing on listeners. Your site insights are valuable, but maybe political commentary could be reserved for a different segment like Handle on Politics. Thank you for considering my perspective and for all the work you do. And that's with respect, Alexei. The reason I brought this up is I get these respectful letters once the five years, and I want to point that out. But anyways, thank you.
Speaker 3: That was what I was going to say.
Speaker 2: I just got a very gracious letter, whether you disagree with me or not. And usually I replied to those letters with dear Fred or whatever, fu period, that's normally my response. All right, this time I wont okay, just want to bring that out. That's it probably wasn't worth spending the time.
Speaker 5: But no, now that well, see you said it was going to be a positive letter yesterday, and I thought, oh my god, he got a letter like kissing his butt. Oh no, no, no, for paragraph after paragraph. But what it turned out to be, I think is an unusual thing. The solitous, solicitous and polite crackpot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I get bored with letters kissing my butt because they always come from me. My mother, before she died, would send them occasionally. All right, guys, let's do it handle on the news. We want to get through these fairly quickly with a me and Wayne and me lead story. All right, if you live in Rancho Palace Vertus, you can probably buy or if you want to buy land cheap, that's where you want to go. The ongoing landslides no more power now for two hundred of the homes, particularly in Portuguese Bend. It's because everything is falling down the hillside.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Those homes are gone, and so are they. I don't even know if they can shore up that hill. I don't know if it's ever going to happen.
Speaker 4: So officials have said that the slide is natural and too large to do anything about.
Speaker 3: Well there you go. Okay, it's tough.
Speaker 2: Your house goes to zero value, and I don't think there's insurance for that.
Speaker 3: I don't think homeowner's insurance covers that.
Speaker 4: What about earthquake insurance.
Speaker 3: The ground is moving, it's not earthquake.
Speaker 2: It's not earthquake. I don't think that it is covered. I really don't, all right.
Speaker 4: Amy, the US is going after Hamas leaders. The Justice Department announced criminal charges have been filed against leader Jaha Seinoir and a half dozen senior militants in connection with the October seventh, twenty twenty three massacre in Israel. It's expected to be mostly symbolics, and Sinoir is believed to be hiding in tunnels in Gaza, and the Justice Departments is three of the six defendants are believed now to be dead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is symbolic.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're not going to see him come to see a New York musical, Broadway musical anytime soon where they can pick him up. So he's going to matter of fact, he's going to stay in the tunnels for a very long time, even after this war is done, because he'll be killed. You know, he'll be assassinated by Israel. It's second he pokes his head out and the other ones, I think, what, three of them are dead already because Israeli's got to them.
Speaker 3: So all right, political move fair enough?
Speaker 4: I have a question then for both you and Wayne, and that is why spend time and effort on this at all.
Speaker 2: That's a good question, because you want to make you you want to establish symbolism is what you want to do.
Speaker 4: It's simply take money on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well, I'm sorry the government is pissing away money on something.
Speaker 3: Oh what a shocker that one is.
Speaker 2: How about the trials of Donald Trump and Bill Clinton in the Senate? Completely superfluous because there was no chance.
Speaker 3: It was totally political on both sides.
Speaker 2: The attempt to impeach ma orcis totally political.
Speaker 3: That's what our government does, all right.
Speaker 5: The man who was arrested last Thursday in the disappearance of his neighbors has been charged formally and is expected to be arraigned today. Michael Sparks is accused of murdering Dan and Stephanie Minard, who went missing about the twenty fourth of August along with their dog. They quickly surmised that they should check out the property of mister Sparks, the neighbor. They found some human remains, and they found mister Sparks hiding under his house with a rifle. Apparently he tried to kill himself, but the rifle did not go off, and they knocked down his house and arrested him, and now he will face charges in their murder. Apparently they the Minards and Sparks, had a contentious neighborly relationship. It was well understood they did not like each other.
Speaker 3: Is Park gonna sue the police for destroying his house?
Speaker 5: I mean he can try, But when there's a police action and there's the search for possible victims of murder and things, and police do.
Speaker 3: That, you do not. It's called qualified immunity.
Speaker 5: Yes, So, plus he may never have reason to go back to that house again for his whole life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would think.
Speaker 2: So it's very rough finding dead people on your property and you're with a gun and now and all the evidence.
Speaker 3: It's going to have a tough time with that. One.
Speaker 4: TikTok trend may come back to bite you. Chase Bank is issuing a warning saying those viral videos you might be seeing on TikTok are really just check fraud. So the video started circulating over the weekend and it was showing Chase ATM customers depositing fraudulent checks for large amounts of money, and then quickly withdrawing the cash before the check has the time to bounce. Chase is saying that that's actually check fraud, it's a criminal offense. And they're also saying that people who do that end up with huge negative balances because they pull out cash, and then they eventually get charged for it.
Speaker 3: Why would you think it wouldn't be a crime. Why did I don't get this?
Speaker 2: Why anybody would not understand you're in a heap of trouble if you do this.
Speaker 5: It because it was being presented as a glitch. Sometimes you'll hear ho this ATM is just spitting out twenty dollars bills, And so because it was sold as a glitch in the system, people assumed they.
Speaker 3: Would get away with it.
Speaker 5: Rather than understanding that what they were doing is fraud, they thought, oh, there's a glitch, so it's.
Speaker 3: Not my fault. You know what it is.
Speaker 5: If it's a glitch in their system, then it's not my fault. But isn't this same if the bank accidentally puts a million dollars in your account?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get that. All the money right, it's not your way.
Speaker 2: It's like the vending machines where you put your your money in the item doesn't come out, so you kick the vending machine and all of a sudden it malfunctions and all this stuff comes pouring out. Oh boy, you know people have actually been arrested and have gotten ten to twenty years for taking candy bars from machines like that.
Speaker 3: Wow, I just made that up. But yeah, that's so excessive for what you described.
Speaker 5: Yes, but anyway, Yeah, these I don't know if be charged necessarily because you'd have to prove intent and if.
Speaker 3: They're like, well they saw on TikTok that there was a glitch. That's still but they are. They're waking up. It's already happening.
Speaker 5: They're waking up, and their account balance now is negative twenty seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: And even if it was themselves out.
Speaker 4: Even if it was a glitch, they deposited fraudulent checks.
Speaker 3: They know that is a good point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know what, Amy, you're the smartest one on the show.
Speaker 2: Purpose story, But that's because she got caught and she knows exactly how this works.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: A former aid to the Governor of New York has been charged as acting for an agent of the Chinese government. Linda's son, a former deputy chief for Kathy Hokeel, has been charged with violating that Foreign Agents Registrations Act. You see a lot of news stories called FARA. Also with visa fraud, also with alien smuggling, also a money laundering conspiracy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and her.
Speaker 5: Husband's charged with it looks like the money part of whatever they were up to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm doing that at seven o'clock because that's a good Well, it's a hell of a story, it really is. It's it's just well, I want to say, mind boggling.
Speaker 3: But this goes to show you how what dear friends are Chinese Chinese neighbors if you want to on the other side of the Pacific.
Speaker 4: Amy, guess what the plea is gonna be. Former President Trump has directed his attorneys to plead not guilty on his behalf following a revised indictment from Special Council Jack Smith. Again, this is the refiling of charges of that Trump tried to block the results of the twenty twenty presidential election. He filed the superseding indictment last week based on the Supreme Court ruling that said that Trump had some immunity while he was in office. Now, the new indictment basically says that Trump took those actions as a candidate or a private citizen, and that's.
Speaker 3: Going to be the legal argument.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Supreme Court goes official acts as president, the president do whatever the hell he wants, complete immunity.
Speaker 3: So what Jack Smith done. Okay, we'll talk.
Speaker 2: We'll go ahead and take the same charges, and then we'll simply describe those acts as non presidential as a candidate, as you just pointed out. So now comes the argument in front of the court. It's not going to be immunity versus not immunity anymore. It's going to be where these official acts or not official acts.
Speaker 3: That's going to be the argument.
Speaker 2: And I think if it goes forward, I think Trump's gonna have a very tough time with this unless he gets elected. Then it disappears instantly that goes by way of the wind.
Speaker 5: They'll find they will find the superseding indictment in the pocket of Jack Smith at the bottom of a river.
Speaker 3: That's probably Trump.
Speaker 4: Come not Trump.
Speaker 2: While Clinton was having sex with the prosecutor, I think.
Speaker 4: Didn't Clinton have a number of people kind of mysteriously.
Speaker 2: One Vince Foster. Vince Foster, no all right, you guys, all right, we're gonna go into.
Speaker 5: That yfi where the case stands for conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and by the way, I just we can't go too far. I think I think Hillary killed him, just straight out.
Speaker 3: Do you really wait, are you being a butt heead right now? Or do you really think that? I don't think she killed him.
Speaker 2: I think if she did, she's smart enough. I wouldn't be saying it. She would have gotten away with it, and I would not being accusing her of that. Never mind, I can go very different, many levels on that one.
Speaker 3: All right, all right.
Speaker 5: The Dow fell a little over six hundred points yesterday, one and a half percent, largely in response to a manufacturing report that showed five straight months of declines in manufacturing that made people think that the great hikes that the Fed did for inflation also hurt the economy too much. However, you may recall a month ago you were talking bill about a thousand point drop in the Dow to start the month of August, and by the end of August it it almost completely rebounded. In fact, it got almost close to its all time record. So it's still early in the month, and Friday's the big day because when the jobs report comes out, Yeah, and that will determine whether the Fed cuts rates by a quarter point or.
Speaker 3: Half a point.
Speaker 2: Now, this has so many political implications. This issue, these numbers are going to be literally one of the turning points.
Speaker 3: I believe in the presidential coming up.
Speaker 2: One of the things that Trump is saying about the economy, it's never been worth and it's the fault of the Harris administration because Biden doesn't exist anymore. And so what the Harris administration is going to do is about the Pence administration and what happened during the economy there.
Speaker 3: And we'll see. If the stock market.
Speaker 2: Stays pretty high, I think that's going to take a lot of Trump's position, his accusations away. If it stays, if it drops dramatically, and this is not the you know, September is a bad way to start and August was miserable, then it's going to lend credence to the Biden will the Harris administration. Biden doesn't exist anymore. As I said, then look at the economy. It's going south. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: We'll see Ukraine's government is showing some cracks in the last couple of days, they've had several people bail on the government. Ukraine's Foreign Minister, Dimitri Kuleba became the first top official or the latest stop official to resign. That happened today, head of expected major government reshuffle. Two of Ukraine's vice premiers, three ministers, the head of the state Property fund, and a top official in Zelensky's presidential office have all quit in the last day.
Speaker 3: I wonder why.
Speaker 2: I mean, we know that Russia has really nailed Ukraine and parts of Ukraine with these ballistic missiles, a hospital and a military barracks. Somehow I guess the blame is being shifted to the cabinet.
Speaker 3: I don't know where that connection is.
Speaker 5: I think Zelensky's playing politics now because isn't he coming to the UN Yes later this month, and he's going to meet with Biden. And this doesn't really answer the mystery bill that you're bringing up, but it has something to do with he wants a different kind of cabinet when he shows up and meets with Biden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somehow, maybe his begging for arms munitions will have more credence, more effect. I don't know, we're going to find out, probably when the visit happens.
Speaker 5: Well, if you're a DirecTV subscriber and you're upset that you don't have ESPN right now or ABC or any other Disney owned channels, you can get compensation from DirecTV, but they're not just going to give it to you.
Speaker 3: You have to apply for it.
Speaker 5: That's instead of just giving everybody a credit on their bill. They have a place you can go, a special website. You can apply for the credit and it'll show up in a future bill.
Speaker 3: At least twenty dollars. That's the minimum you apparently can get.
Speaker 2: That's why I bailed out of DirectTV because it is so sports centric, more than any other platform other than sports channels, and it was and ESPN is the most expensive programming that cable and or satellite has, and for people that don't like sports particularly, I was paying a lot of money for sports. The only time I watch sports, I really watch sports is during the when Olympics and curling, which is my favorite sport in the world.
Speaker 5: Because you like to see people doing you'd look at it and say, look at them doing housework.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because you know it's the stone that comes by and then they take the broom and it's always some janitorial team working for a major corporation that wins.
Speaker 3: Always because they practice eight hours a day. If you're a.
Speaker 5: Direct TV customer and you want to apply for that credit, call vin because Bill Bill's not going to help you figure out how to get it.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not. Let's do one more for taking a break. Amy.
Speaker 4: Bird flu has arrived in California yet. Three dairy herds have had outbreaks of the H five N one bird flu. But they're saying it's not because of exposure to disease birds, rather due to interstate transportations. So they're saying the three dairies farms are in Central Valley. The strain of the virus that infected California herds was nearly identical to one found in Colorado dairy. Heurd's suggesting the infections were the result of interstate transfer of cattle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can always tell You don't need the government to tell you about bird flu when it comes out. All you have to do is look at the prices at KFC, and you know exactly how extensive bird flu is are. We done?
Speaker 5: Yes, Okay, So the Sheriff's Department is considering demoting a sergeant for what they're saying is gossip. There's obviously more to the story, and here it is, Sergeant Rosa Gonzalez.
Speaker 3: Follow this bill because it's.
Speaker 5: I can't tell if it sounds like pure retaliation or not. She was working at the station that had the gang known as the Bandidos, and she complained that the Bandidos were creating a climate of misogyny at the station, that there was retaliation, and that they would sometimes not respond to calls for backup for people who are not in the group. And the county said, no, that's not happening. But they settled her whistleblower case for a million dollars. She stayed working there, They promoted her to sergeant. They moved her over to a different department, a lateral move. She started to report things that she felt were wrong in her new position at the Personnel Administration Bureau in terms of hiring practices and so forth that she felt were not kosher, and then they sent her a letter and they said, we're going to demote you because we looked at what you said and it's not true, and therefore you were spreading rumors and gossip, and now we might demote you.
Speaker 3: You know, this problem started, this whole slew.
Speaker 2: These cases started when they let women in the police force.
Speaker 3: That went to hell in a handbasket. All right, let's move.
Speaker 5: On, oh man, COVID funding fun when you get home.
Speaker 4: Later, COVID funding is going away, and so are jobs. So there is talk now that thousands of teachers and school staffers across the US are risk of losing their jobs as districts start to balance their budgets and get ready for a shortfall because COVID nineteen relief money is expiring. So they got like one hundred and eighty nine point five billion dollars over the past few years through the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency really Fund under the American Rescue Plan Act. And now that money is expiring and school districts are saying, oh bummer, we use that to hire teachers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is across the board with governmental money.
Speaker 2: During COVID Biden went kind of nuts, and you can argue both sides of it because the country was in such trouble. Businesses were shut down, schools were shut down, so all this money came pouring out and people just you know, there's your newline.
Speaker 3: Ohh, I got all this money. Businesses, Oh I got all this money. School boards, Oh I got all this money, and let's spend it. Well, you know, it runs out.
Speaker 2: And this is why credit card debt has gone through the roof. This is why businesses are now in trouble, school boards because the money that free money, if you will. But dealing with COVID, I mean there was legitimate money, all though huge amounts of fraud. And what is the government going to do set up a whole bureaucracy to determine fraud or send the money out and save people.
Speaker 3: But this is not unusual, so hey, guess what.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, the money is run out and people have to plan for it.
Speaker 3: And one of the things that got nailed were.
Speaker 5: Schools only, but because they decided to expand their staffing with money that they knew was temporary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, except here's what happens.
Speaker 2: When money comes in from the government for any program, it never runs out as far as it runs. Even with programs that our sunseted where you only have X number of years, it doesn't matter. We get money from the government, let's spend it.
Speaker 3: It's forever. Sounds like a democrat, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: Well, that's what happened here in California with all the COVID money in Newso they started all these new programs and then that money went away and then we have big deficits again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: You know, Joe Biden wants to forgive your student loan and he came up with a huge plan to just like wipe out everybody's student loan program. The Supreme Court said, you can't do that, that's way too much. Then he came up with this saving on a valuable education plan. Save that's blocked now in the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. They're still litigating it, and now a group of seven states, all led by Republicans, have filed a new lawsuit. They just filed it yesterday, blocking any new loan forgiveness from the Biden administration. This time they're saying, you came up with some rules, and maybe those rules are kosher, but you apparently are going to start giving people relief too soon. There's a law that says any new rule has to wait sixty days before you can implement it, and you're not waiting sixty days.
Speaker 2: Lawsuit, okay, And again the political aspects of this, you know, you know how I feel about Trump.
Speaker 3: But one of the things is going.
Speaker 2: To happen if Harris gets elected is you're going to see these forgiveness programs being just moving ahead.
Speaker 3: As quickly as possible. And it costs the government unbelievable amounts of money. It costs us unbelievable amounts of money.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, student debt is it one point two or one point three trillion dollars?
Speaker 3: And if the government forgives it all.
Speaker 2: And then there's the other side of the coin saying, well, education has gotten so expensive it has blown past inflation. So you know, I paid back my student loan. But then again, my student loan was thirty thousand dollars. And that's for a law school education, A bad one, a horrific education.
Speaker 3: You've done all right, Yeah, but it's believe me, it wasn't because I was such a phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Lawyer, having graduated from my law school, which is now defunct. I might add, have you noticed that, just quickly before it will stop right here, have you noticed that certain schools are still around Harvard, Yale, Stanford and my school went under. I just want to point that out. Oh, I think we do have time for one more.
Speaker 4: Amy botox more than just for wrinkles. Lucy Rosenthal is like thousands of other people who have issues because they can't burp. But now, according to Reddick, if you get botox shots in your neck, it can help with it. So Lucy got her botox shop and burped for the first time and thought it was It's the coolest thing ever. She's twenty six years old and hadn't been able to burn. It's an inability to belch can cause bloating, pain, gurgling in the neck and chest.
Speaker 3: Okay, why don't we stop it right there?
Speaker 2: This is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.