Speaker 1: Right, it is officially Saint Patrick's Day today. And I look around the room and I see Christina wearing green. KT's got a green tassel on his left nipple. Oh it's a North Texas level. Yeah, I like that of Kat Evan tassels nipples every day. Are you wearing green now?
Speaker 2: Really? Nope? I'm wearing a green thong. Are you now that's hot? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 2: If you?
Speaker 1: If you, If somebody seriously played the Saint Patrick's Day game and they tried to come up and pinch you, would you kick their ass?
Speaker 3: They catch these hands? Yeah, I don't think you can do that anymore.
Speaker 2: By did you pinch Christina when you got here?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm wearing green? Okay, I do that every day.
Speaker 3: I just walk up. It's another holiday. Who's hr Never.
Speaker 1: So we had the Saint Patti's Day Parade, the Greenville Avenue Parade.
Speaker 2: We were there. iHeart was there.
Speaker 1: iHeart and man, We've been doing this for many years, but I think this was the best parade.
Speaker 2: I don't know we've ever been a part of.
Speaker 5: I haven't been involved in any of those Macy Day Thanksgiving Day parades, but I can't imagine I would imagine that's anyone better than this.
Speaker 3: I'm interested in Macy's Day now.
Speaker 1: We want to graduate to that one. But it was the kit Cratit Show. They were the Grand Marshals. Yes, so they were in a lowrider convertible that was hitting switches at the very front of the whole thing. And then because they're major celebrities, and we got to kind of all the all the rest of the iHeart stations, iHeart got to go in They're wake. We got to be up at the front of the parade. And that's the fastest I've ever been through that parade. Yeah, and I think it's because they were the front of it. They needed to go fastest at the pace because if you got out to talk to people, like on the side of Greenville Avenue to say hello or whatever, if somebody knew who you were.
Speaker 2: Once you looked up the the float was gone.
Speaker 5: I looked back at one point and Ben was a half a mile behind us, and I was like, he ain't catching up.
Speaker 1: I was way back there. And then I turned around a couple minutes later and he caught up. I was like, dude, you've got to be winded. Yeah, or did you jump on with a motorcycle car.
Speaker 2: I jumped.
Speaker 1: I didn't tell the police officer, but I just hopped on the back and surprised him and then rode with him for a while.
Speaker 3: That sounds terrible.
Speaker 2: I was sore Saturday night, and it's just from the getting up and down off the float and then bending over and picking up stuff koozies and whatever and beads and then getting them to the crowd. I mean it's almost like doing some community service in a way, cleaning up the streets a little bit. Yeah, you know, And but you're doing that and kind of cleaned up the streets to send kick stuff over to the people behind the gates. And I was like, that's a pretty good full body workout. By the end of the day, I was like, I'm pretty this is pretty good. Like the sword has felt good. Did y'all what did y'all do?
Speaker 6: After went on, I kept drinking and then I went to Fort Worth for an event.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, what of it did you go to?
Speaker 6: Because Okay, I'm I'm not going to say it, but they say it themselves. It's little person wrestling, that's what they call it. I do not feel comfortable saying that.
Speaker 2: One I think you can say it if it's the if it's the name of something.
Speaker 3: And if they were saying it themselves. Did you go to extreme midget wrestling? I did. It was in Fort Worth than Saturday nights. What makes it extreme that they're so small? Oh my god?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you weren't there. There's lights everywhere. It was outside. It was in a mini bringing skin. But then you can.
Speaker 3: Pay, but they call it that they called it. Yes, they call it that.
Speaker 2: Extreme midget wrestler.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, And so at the intermission you can pay one hundred bucks to have them body slam you. And so we had a friend in our group that we didn't tell. We paid a hundred bucks and so they called his Amy looked around like what's happening, and he went up there, and sure enough, they body slammed him.
Speaker 3: We got it all on video and it's incredible. It was absolutely amazing. Did it turn him on?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Weirdo, He said it was extreme. That sounded like the baddest little show you ever ever seen? Fun time, So how long does this sort of thing last? Is there a main event with two of the baddest midgets.
Speaker 6: No, we had a there was a tall person the fight to kick it off, we had two tall people fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: They do heroes and villains, good guys and bad guys.
Speaker 6: Took the good good guy in the heel. There's always one of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the tall guys in the crowds like that.
Speaker 6: It was like they got out in the crowd and like sometimes they like throw water on you. You had no idea what was happening or what was going to happen to you.
Speaker 3: How many people are at something like this?
Speaker 6: Oh, it was packed. I mean this was that Makes Flies Pub in Fort Worth. I don't know if y'all been, but it was outside. So I don't know, not a thousand.
Speaker 1: We've done at our small business. We've done luchador wrestling and we've done sumo wrestling, and they're both awesome. But I always thought that this was pushing the envelope. And you know, I didn't know that this was okay, you know what I mean? Okay with who with the wrestlers.
Speaker 3: No, I mean they're getting paid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's okay with the wrestlers. It's not okay with their kind who aren't wrestlers.
Speaker 2: But don't you think they would like they would rather it be called midget wrestling than micro wrestling. Who the people the contestants.
Speaker 5: I think I think I think they have already I think they've already satisfied whatever they have to satisfy with themselves to engage in this. I think it's the people that they're like that don't do it, that they're looking at them like really, yeah, they're going, hey, man, come on, I mean, we had to.
Speaker 3: Deal with a little kiss and now we got to deal with this many kisses. Okay, let me just say this.
Speaker 2: Then, to those people, the snobs of the dwarf community, are you sure that a dwarf they go with dwarf ism is the condition?
Speaker 3: Well, I thought that dwarves were different.
Speaker 2: To those Stop holding back your own no, no, no, I believe there's a difference.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what the official is, the official term that of what they used to call midgets a little person is that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Dwarves and little people are different.
Speaker 5: Dwarves have I believe, I believe the little person is all just smaller, where a dwarf will have like normal sized hands. And you know what I'm saying, there's a difference in a dwarf and a little person.
Speaker 3: Let's just run this through AI. See what AI says.
Speaker 5: What's the correct term? Hey or short stature? If you're listening and you're a dwarf for a little person, call in.
Speaker 2: But I would love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah two one four seven, eight seven one nine seven one, just they get a call in years.
Speaker 2: This is a dame.
Speaker 3: And look, I don't even know if the phones work. Say let's dust them all, let's dust them up. I could be wrong on this.
Speaker 5: I've always thought that a dwarf had certain features that were quote unquote normal size.
Speaker 2: According to AI, little person or person of short stature are generally considered to be more acceptable. Okay, So I would like to say to the little people out there who are throwing rocks at our little people wrestlers.
Speaker 3: Stop holding holding them back if they want to chase their dreams and.
Speaker 6: Do that for thee and seriously, at these events, there's no disrespect, Like, we're not disrespecting them.
Speaker 3: They're like little celebrities. I didn't mean it like that. They are celebrities in that moment. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't know the political correctness.
Speaker 3: I just don't know.
Speaker 2: Shrunking down famously, that's not what matter. But it's not about it's not about being canceled. It's about being respectful to people. And that's all I want to do.
Speaker 1: Make sure we stand full respect it because I don't know the answers to these questions.
Speaker 3: Who are the groups that we don't want to be respectful? Yeah, but we're on the air.
Speaker 2: That's not like, that's not who we really are, So you can get around anything. Hey, I'm serious.
Speaker 5: I would love for you, the holder of the computer, to find out what ask ai with the difference in a little person and a dwarf is?
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the difference in a little person? Do our phones work?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 2: Nine? Someone? I don't think they work though? Do they leave it?
Speaker 9: Leave it?
Speaker 2: Talk back?
Speaker 3: Dude? How are we doing in the little people demographic? If you're a little person or a dwarf?
Speaker 2: Leave it? Talk back on the iHeart only demo we care about now? Okay, Cordai yeap. This little person is generally considered a more respectful and preferred term by many people with dwarfism, while dwarf can sometimes be seen as outdated or offensive. So it's just like to apologize for being outdated and offensive.
Speaker 3: But it is word that.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't it be called little personism than dwarfism. I don't know.
Speaker 3: The condition is dwarfism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think about the Wolf of Wall Street. Do you remember that? I mean that was the peak of like offensiveness. Did you not remember this?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Was there there was a scene where they had brought some to a sales rally and they were, yes, beforehand there having a meeting talking about what would be allowed what wouldn't be allowed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm getting I'm getting confused because now I'm thinking about the porn little person in tiptoes remember that?
Speaker 3: And David Allen Greer.
Speaker 2: Yes, at the beginning, Yeah, oh my god, that was quite the scene.
Speaker 3: What I'm seeing here.
Speaker 2: Dwarfism is a medical condition that means that results in section below four feet and ten inches. Then tons of women have dwarfism. Yeah, they're called little miracles.
Speaker 1: Well it depends on the rest. Oh yeah, so I don't uh.
Speaker 2: But I'm always saying this because Jerry Jon said Midget is widely considered offensive and should be Okay, I'm very offensive.
Speaker 5: Okay, but why does this so? But it's not offensive if you put the word extreme in front of it.
Speaker 2: I don't, no, that was the that's the league. So that's what I'm saying. They said that, they called it that. Yeah, it's not okay for anyone else to call it that.
Speaker 1: And they call it that and face backlas from their own community saying, hey, man, come on, but.
Speaker 2: That's bad branding if your product is something that you don't like other people saying that's that's not good.
Speaker 5: Did you see the snow white controversy. No, so the movie Snow Wide is being remade and then they're going seven dwarfs. Yeah, they're like, why are we even doing snow White anymore? If you know, because they're they're I guess whoever owns it, Disney, Whoever's like, well, maybe we'll eliminate the seven dwarves, or maybe we'll make them normal size.
Speaker 2: They're all twisted up, they're all confused.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like no one knows what to think anymore because there's these things that used to be socially acceptable. And then someone said, hey, is anyone thought about the idea that that's wrong to exploit this group of people?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know. It was in a cartoon, what do you want from me?
Speaker 1: Man, dude, what about there's so many of those things back in the day that are just racist, Yes, because our society was more racist. What about well pepel right, and he the one who was like the skunk that wanted to drug women.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was like his his skunk smell is basically a roofie.
Speaker 3: It was opium. I mean he caused me to do that with his barbecue sauce.
Speaker 5: Yeahs show he was pepelet pew is groping everybody.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go to Stacy online.
Speaker 1: Four okay, Stacy, Hello, Stacy, you are on the Benskin Show ninety seven point one. Egle, how are you doing today?
Speaker 7: I'm good. I was kind of laughing because I get I don't know, I get her ass a little bit. Anytime the Midge Wrestling comes into town and they asked me if I'm.
Speaker 3: Performing okay, okay, ten?
Speaker 2: Okay, you're four to ten okay, So do you have any insight into this?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: We just want to make sure that all of this is respectful, and we don't know what's okay and what's not okay anymore.
Speaker 7: So, Dwarfism is actually the medical terms. Okay, that's the seen. A dwarf is a medical term, so that's where dwarf ism comes from. Midget came from a slang of I guess, changing it from something small, so they were saying it was midget. So that's just a slang word that people came up with a long time ago. Little people is more appropriate, or a little person is more appropriate. But most people that actually physically fall under I believe it's Ford and four eight is technically considered what people would say a midget.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you just went back to that word. Yeah, and how tall are you?
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm four ten.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're you're just a gal, You're just a short yeah okay, yeah, so I'm just.
Speaker 7: A shore one. But few yeah, you know, I know quite a few people who aren't. Yea, And so they prefer a little person because midget is like the ugly word of it. Yes, it's not that it's fully offensive. It's just like with any other thing going on. I guess you can say race, religion, and everything. So it'll offend some people, but it won't offend others if you call them a midget or a dwarf.
Speaker 2: What about how aggressively you say it though, Oh.
Speaker 7: Then it was probably It's just like with anything like that.
Speaker 5: Oh no, No, I meant you specific I m at you specifically. You are saying it with such fervor every time you say it. I just kind of, I don't know, I get tense a little bit.
Speaker 7: I'm like classified almost in that when they changed the car seat deal to where you had to ride in a car seat if you were four nine or under, like that almost puts me having to drive in a car seat.
Speaker 2: Well, well, we.
Speaker 1: I love you, we appreciate you listening. You are cool as hell. Uh can we give her anything?
Speaker 7: You're not able to drive any car if it does not have the electric seats. I can't drop a bucket seat anything.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, hold on, hold on a second.
Speaker 5: Would you like to go see Disturbed at Dicky's on April twenty sixth?
Speaker 3: Sure? All right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now, I can't promise good sight lines. I don't know where the tickets are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at four ten. It's gonna be tough. All right, We're gonna keep you on hold.
Speaker 5: Christina is gonna take your information down, and we're gonna give you tickets to go see Disturbed at Dickies on April twenty six. If you two listening are a little person who would like to get tickets for this, go get tickets at I believe Ticketmaster for the Dicky Show Disturbed April to twenty six.
Speaker 2: All right, fantastic, thanks great seeing something, but don't know what it is?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle twenty one actors who always seem to play the exact same character. That's next, as this party has started. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 4: This is Randy Parish with Parish Grouping Solutions and we have a windy, windy week ahead of us.
Speaker 2: This means a couple things.
Speaker 4: Number one, your cars are gonna get fealthy, and number two, you might find shingles laying in your yard. Well, I'm not gonna wash your cars for you, but I would be more than happy to come out and take a look at any roof damage that was caused by these high winds. Do not hire a handyman with hammer for your roof for pairs, get the professionals on it. We will make sure you're nice and sealed for all the spring weather that is to come.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna toss it back to Bennets getting out.
Speaker 2: See you guys.
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all, it's me Wendy Week.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, Wendy.
Speaker 3: Oh how are ya going? I hope you haven't met my cousin, Wendy Leak. Hey.
Speaker 1: That was our buddy Randy Parrish from Parish Roofing leaving that message.
Speaker 2: That was nice at him, very nice. We have an answering machine up here. People leave us some messages from time to time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did y'all see that some of those eighteen wheelers that got blown over by the wind?
Speaker 2: I think that was near Lubbick? Yes, yes, Marilla, Yes.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: I was talking to our friends, the Kecs, and they were driving back from Oklahoma City and it was so windy they were scared to pass, dude.
Speaker 3: People eighteen wheelers because of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Bad deal, Yeah, really bad deal.
Speaker 3: Uh. Did I see a death count of thirty six?
Speaker 2: Oh wow? Scattered throughout the South?
Speaker 3: I believe damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Just tons of tons of brutal weather like that. And this is the time of year where it happens, and if some bad winds come blow, and two, you don't know the damage it could or couldn't have done.
Speaker 1: You need to get Randy up there. Randy Parrish parish roofing, big sponsors of the show. We certainly appreciate those guys, But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: Juicy UIs hot gods, come stay on top in the shovel.
Speaker 2: I thought you guys would love this one. Twenty one actors who always seem to play the same character. Hell, Yes, Tom Cruise, early Tom Cruise guests. No, didn't crack it. It should be. I caught a movie of his this weekend. It's the only real departure.
Speaker 1: It was Collaterals bad, but he's mostly a hero that dangles in from ropes and saves everyone and runs fast. I was just say attention that you say that been because the two roles that really stand out for me by him, where I think he's amazing are the two roles where he's not doing what you're talking about. Collateral he's awesome, And of course Magnolia. He's really really good in that, and he's not playing that guy that's in every other thing you're talking about. He is great in Top Gun, Maverick. Have you guys seen that? How he Got there? Sat Today? Really good movie. So it's got all the ingredients of a perfect classic.
Speaker 2: Yep, he's great. As Less Grossman in Tropic Thunder. Now that's his diversity as an actor shows, Yes, and they've talked about doing a whole movie around that, but I don't know what the snag is they should and it's probably him being like, I haven't got that many years left, I'm going to be doing stunts, or he thinks he's going to be the first guy to the two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: He's has great rapport with Ben Stiller too, and Ben still used to do a fake Tom Cruise and it was so good and it was so good and they did bits and stuff together. So I know at times he's gotten away from the scientology and has had a sense of humor. But I think it's only a brief moment.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the second which it says in the intro to this segment celebrity couples, Uh huh. So Tom Cruise, who without all the makeup on, does look really old? His face looks way different. You know who he's with right now, Late Measter. Do you'all know who Anna day armis is?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, no, I've never heard that name.
Speaker 2: That name, but I don't know who she is the first legend. Yes, she's a legend. She's quite a few things.
Speaker 1: She's in that movie where Keanu Reeves comes to the door and two young women are it's being rained they're being rained on and they just need somewhere to come inside for a second.
Speaker 2: I don't know that one.
Speaker 6: Okay, I've seen her in something No knives out, Yeah, you start her knives out. She was in one of the Bonds. She was in Blade Runner twenty forty nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was the girlfriend who they the robot like the yes, oh yes, yeah, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So glad I'm away from you guys.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you're safe in that That window keeps you say. She was in divorced. She was divorced in twenty thirteen. Oh man, let's yep.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess who's constantly looking for some action? Who's that?
Speaker 3: Tom Cruise?
Speaker 2: Tom Cruise, who's not on the list of actors who seem to play the same role. Jason Bateman is one of our first guy.
Speaker 3: Was a bad guy in that new movie though, right he's still he's bad guy sort of. He's a bad guy, bad guy.
Speaker 2: He's bad guy by accident, and when he's time for him to be a bad guy, he's still straight laced bad guy. Yeah, yeah, he's he's he hits that note and he gets cast for that note that he hits. Ryan Reynolds sarcastic, little douchey, but still funny and likable. Yes, incredible, this same and every single thing he's in and he's great. Yep, man, I know one.
Speaker 6: Mark Wahlberg, Yes, let me see here, short dumb guy.
Speaker 1: Every single thing he's in, and he's really good, really good at it.
Speaker 3: He's not on there, didn't crack it interesting. What about John c Riley, I smell the last name r E I L L Y. Nope, No, he was in was in Chicago. He's getting some difference, that's not.
Speaker 2: And Will Ferrold everything, you know. Will Ferrold did a couple of serious things. You know, he did a couple, but gives him the pretty much always the same lane though. Andy Samberg, Nope, not enough things.
Speaker 6: Chris Pratt, Yes, yeah, he got kind of aloof but again likable.
Speaker 2: Jason Siegel okay, yes, Seagulls pretty good. Probably not even big enough to be on the list though really well considering, I mean, huge.
Speaker 5: TV star for decade and a half on like the biggest thing he was it was a big deal. How a make your brother's great Aubrey Paza cracks list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw she.
Speaker 2: Was on a I saw the story about her.
Speaker 1: She was on She's on a wreck basketball team or she was she played in a women's basketball league.
Speaker 2: That was her O. Wow, favorite thing to do. Cool hooper as an adult? As an adult? Yeah, like current Michael Sarah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yes, he has to be Michael Sarah everything he does. Danny McBride, he's not gonna be on the list, but dude, he's basically just Danny McBride.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is. It's he's God. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Seth Seth Rogan, Yes, Vince Vaughan, Seth Rogan. By the way, Seth Rogan nine days away from his news show, looks really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The producer or something. The studio, the studio, Melissa McCarthy yep, yep, she's great too, and everything loud, big gal. Here's one Christina for your guy. Tim Allen all right, he's uh, he's dead. Yeah, it's kind of like fake manly and then he's just trying to avoid the cocaine arrest mugshot yep, but also buzz that year. Sylvester Stallone really hadn't been in a lot in a long time.
Speaker 3: John Cena, Yes, and he always played John Cena when he's acting.
Speaker 2: Uh no, I think it's usually someone else.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's why he turned heel to get that in that office.
Speaker 3: Oh, Lexas Texas the bad guy out. No, Jason Statum, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said his name weird.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The action guys are the action guys are still there, and that's what the Janna Reeves.
Speaker 3: Oh you know Keanu Nope, Kevin Hart, he's a little guy that's allowed. I don't think he's been in enough movie movies. I don't know how.
Speaker 2: There's all people who should be on there still own for sure?
Speaker 3: Is the one that really I'm out?
Speaker 1: David Oh yeah, has he been in anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of order, Like I han't been much of me.
Speaker 5: He stopped doing stuff about fifteen years ago. But yeah, Joe Dirt, he didn't play the cocky guy.
Speaker 2: Oh no, one Ohneson not on this list, but should be.
Speaker 3: Uh, absolutely should be. He's gonna be. Is he gonna be funny in the Naked Gun movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's Frank. I'm interested in it because one of the Lonely Island guys is doing that. What about Daniel day Lewis.
Speaker 3: Okay, didn't he retire from acting?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Probably No, he's not on this on this list, on this list, Channing Tatum is on this list though.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Zoey Deschanel, Oh yeah, I'm a quirky girl. Jesse Eisenberg, Okay, I can see it. Wasn't you a magician into something? Yeah? But he was exact same way.
Speaker 3: I'm a little energy guy.
Speaker 2: He's what. I'm a little energy guy. Oh, hi, energy guys. He's high energy guy. He's pretty he was pretty cocked up. I'm gonna talk like this really fast and really intelligent.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Him and Michael Sarah are almost identical to me. To me, they give low energy.
Speaker 2: But you know, Bob Newhart, I could see that, Bob Newhart.
Speaker 1: I can see the body language, low impact, low energy, but its firing off quickly's powered, superpower brain.
Speaker 2: Paul Rudd Yep, Yes, I don't know. Man, there's enough. There's enough roles for him kind of playing a lot of different things.
Speaker 1: Okay, then maybe I should just say, despite how diverse the role is, he plays it the exact same way, and everything is where he watches. I'm Paul Rudd and then he shrugs, He's just Paul Rudd. That's not how man was solving crimes and knowing I'm Paul Rudd.
Speaker 2: Was Vince was Vince Vaughn in there? Uh no, probably should have been your guy. Vince Diesel was though Diesel Diesel. That's gonna be my new alias.
Speaker 3: I want to check in the hotels, Vin Diesel.
Speaker 2: It's me Vincent Vin Diesel has only played one character, so he's been in a million movies, Sin the same day Action Cars. That's enough and that's all the that's all the people in there. Something, but I mean, yeah, nothing that many host you'll never guess is headlining the n CUAA March Madness Music Festival, Any guesses. I couldn't guess that there was one. There's one every year. You remember when when the final four was here, it was uh it was the Killers in Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then the one last year the year before was Maggie Rogers, which is not a headlining name.
Speaker 2: No offense to her. I think here's a concert if you want to take a nap, no offense, here's dude, what guns the hell happened here? These are artists who I contend you cannot hide from. Okay, jelly Roll, that's the Saturday night headliner. Yes, jelly Roll Morgan with Tea Pain opening up for him. Radiohead, Uh, you can run, but you can't hide from.
Speaker 3: Who Radiohead might be. Okay, radio Head News.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I could definitely see radio Head playing the NCAA turre. I mean, you can't avoid them, isn't it.
Speaker 3: No, that's that's soccer. That's a good guess, so can't hide from them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Your Friday night headliner's pit Bull, okay, and then Sunday night again, he's everywhere. I feel like jelly Roll's trying to kind of end up being him in some way. Oh post Malone, not post Malone, who's also everywhere, because there's Jelly Roll's trying to combine I think Chris Stapleton and post Malone into one person and be that person the same size is. That's what I think he's doing. And I don't even know who the rapper is because there's a rap element too that I think I would throw in there that he's trying to make the perfect huge guy who's everywhere. Chris Stapleton, there's your headliners. Okay, the three people like name any.
Speaker 3: Music festival, flip a coin, they're on there. Where is going a dartboard of music festival artist?
Speaker 2: You would hit Jelly Roll and Chris Stapleton and Pittbull. They're always there. Where's the final four?
Speaker 3: This year?
Speaker 2: It's a I think it s at your mom's house out there in Rockwall. You know what, I actually don't know. It's pretty good san Antonio, Yeah, yeah, san Antonio right there at the river Wall. We're learning on the fly. Yep, that's happening there. Yeah, right, and a tough day for fifteen seed Robert Morris University. More on that coming up in sports. All right, there you have it. H There is the Hollywood Shuffle coming up next. In sports, the Mavericks might have enough bodies to play in a game, or they might not. We'll have an update on that next.
Speaker 1: The following segment is brought to you by Hurtado Barbecue, some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. Locations in Mansfield, Arlington, and Fort Worth, two locations of globally Field and one's now open in Dallas in the Farmer's Market. So if you're in the nine seven two or two one four, and you want her title barbecue, you no longer have to go out to the eight one seven. But if you're in the eight one seven, you got a lot of options out there.
Speaker 2: Go enjoy the best barbecue you've ever put in your mouth, the greatness of her title barbecue. But right now it's time for this. It's good listeners.
Speaker 3: Here comes kt fun tweets.
Speaker 2: We're round an.
Speaker 10: Now let's come around the sports kt fun tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys, what are we gonna do? We lost her backup quarterback.
Speaker 2: Trey Lance. Bro keep him. Cooper Rush has signed a two year deal with the Baltimore Ravens, and now the Cowboys have no plan if Dak and his hammy fall off the bone. Again.
Speaker 5: I really didn't see. Did Trey Lance sign somewhere? No, I don't wait to bring him back.
Speaker 3: Because I mean, they all hate him. Oh really, I think so.
Speaker 2: You need.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, you could just it doesn't even matter, because if you don't have Dak, you're done.
Speaker 2: You're You're totally cooked, I think, But also I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I do think.
Speaker 2: Let's see what else the team looks like by the time we get to the start of the season. The first thing is it's very sure that Cooper Cooper has got a two year deals, so he took it right. But so you know, he didn't run the same offense Lamar Jackson runs. That's a little weird to me. With the Cowboys current fetish for former first round picks, I'm thinking Carson Wentz could be a guy. Oh the veragain, is the backup if they the Chiefs don't want him around anymore because apparently the guy sucks as a human, No one really wants to around him either. Oh well, well, if I mean, I think it's a fair point you make, skin, Let's see what they're rest of how it's built out, how the rest of the offseason goes. If they have this badass team and they're going for it and they've made the investments to go for it now, which it doesn't even doesn't feel like that. You know, it's not like they're going out and spending a bunch of money in free agency to fill holes and like really go for it this year.
Speaker 1: They're you know, they're paying their guys that they're keeping or whatever. But there's nothing here that says it's not going to be an eight to nine season. But if they were like really going for it, then yeah, I would want to have a good backup. So if you missed Dak for two or three games, your season doesn't fall apart.
Speaker 2: But I don't know that they have that.
Speaker 1: What are you expecting scheme wise? Can we even have an expectation of that? Because this man has never really been a head coach, and he hasn't been the offensive coordinator running an offense in a really long time, and he hired.
Speaker 2: A bunch of coaches who've got a lot of different backgrounds, which.
Speaker 3: I like, so we I don't know what to expect.
Speaker 2: It's also complicated because you don't know, oh, how good your offensive line is going to be, right, and you don't know who you're starting running back is going to be, and you really only have one receiver and you have a bunch of you've signed a bunch of guys to one year deals or whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't really at this point. It's your your roster. It's not like you the coach has a system to your point, and it's not like you have immense talent dictating a system like I don't think Dak can really move around.
Speaker 2: He's not going to be mobile anymore.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, you've got Cede Lamb and that's all you really have to build your expectation around. You know who I would like to see as our backup quarterback since Dak isn't mobile anymore.
Speaker 2: Joe Flacco. Just work with me. Joe Flecco's in negotiations with the Giants, Right, Giants to look at Joe Flacco and Jameis Winston and Jamis Winston would be fun. That'd be really fun.
Speaker 5: I think Jameis Winston would beat Dak out. I mean, no, hey, Jamis is not good.
Speaker 2: Keep in mind, this is the first year that you're paying him sixty a year. I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 3: It, Jamis. But no, no, no, we got that number down. We got that. Yeah, we were structured.
Speaker 2: Instructured.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we gotta dolipped. Apparently when you restructure, that money just goes away. Let me tell you what I think they're gonna do.
Speaker 2: I think they're going to draft Texas Longhorns quarterback Quin Yours Let's skill where well, if he falls to well, they don't have a fourth round pick, falls to the fifth round, they take him in the fifth round. They got Mingo, and honestly, I think when your should be fifth round pick because this quarterback draft sucks, though he'll probably go their round. Do you think we could trade Mingo to move up and draft yours.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone wants him.
Speaker 2: Yours are Mingo Mingo, Well, Mingo, someone will want yours, probably get it. He should have gone back to college and get money there. Could he beat Dack out?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know, man, yours is Yours has an entire quarter of every game where he's terrible.
Speaker 2: We'll think differently about the Cowboys when they draft, like a wide receiver. There's a white stuer from Arizona who's really good. It's too early be taling mind probably. I don't know how to say his first name, but let's just call Ted. Okay, so if they draft Ted, they should be good.
Speaker 3: Ted.
Speaker 2: Ted Roy is his first name, Ted Roy McMillan from Arizona. He's like huge, He's like six five, and it was like, well, he's too slow and he's ran a four four eight.
Speaker 3: So everyone's like, oh, guy, he's going top to now.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, he's always been right around fifteen where you would take him the Coulboys picked twelve, that'd be great, and then he'd be a good guy to be to go with Ceedee Lamb red zone threat. Right, and then you're like, okay, well there's two good wide receivers runner end up draft running back. And then you've ignored the offensive line and Dak's getting hit in the mouth all the time.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, there's a chance their first round pick from last year could make a giant leap. Sure, brother, there's a chance after a chance their last two first round we got to hope there for it, last two first round pick.
Speaker 2: Stop sucking. The problem is the whole I mean the time, I'm less worried about Guiden's development in Cooper Beebe's development. The problem is who's playing the position right guard? Like that's what that's Mike, it'sed. They need to trade coach. I love that they need to trade back.
Speaker 1: Sure, so they get to twelve and there's a quarterback there, somebody wants genty, somebody trades up. They trade back to like eighteen or something to pick up some extra picks to make up for the Mingo and Trey Lance signings.
Speaker 2: Aren't they just keep Trey Lance? Dude?
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe will Griers their play. They're not speaking, dude.
Speaker 2: The Dante Fowler signing on Friday was their largest external free agent signing since Greg Hardy.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm not making a jen.
Speaker 1: It's a one year, eight million dollar deal, right hey, at ten and a half sacks, It's it's good. I would I would keep Trey Lance and just not playing at quarterback.
Speaker 3: I'll try to do that last year.
Speaker 2: Why why don't we play them at receiver?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 3: I think that guy is turping. We already paid that guy a year.
Speaker 2: Mark Stein and many others reporting that Anthony Davis and Jaden Hardy at the Mavericks have been officially recalled from their practice stint with the Texas Legends. What they just got it out like they had one practice. I don't know what any of that means. So five hours ago, Stein tweeted, Anthony Davis is practicing with the Legends today up in Frisco. Oh okay, and then that's gotta party. And Kai Jones are in contention to be active for the Mavericks game on Wednesday against Indiana.
Speaker 5: That's got to be procedural, because I don't think the Mavericks are practicing right now because they don't have enough bodies to practice. Yeah, so they probably wanted Anthony Davis and Jayden Hardy to get run so they probably had to do some sort of procedural thing to do that.
Speaker 2: Because the Suns are so bad. The Mavericks have the ten seed in the West, which would qualify them for the play in.
Speaker 3: Dude, they were.
Speaker 1: They looked great in the first half against the Philly team that lost thirteen of fifteen.
Speaker 5: I thought, well, okay, they're going to get a win. And I was looking at the schedule, going, man, I don't know that Phoenix is going to win today. They're going to gain another ground and they lost to Philly who had lost thirteen of fifteen. And you're sire, going, I don't know where the winds come from. If you can't meet Philly at home, when Philly he's not trying to win, where did the wins come from? Unless we're about to get news that Anthony Davis is back, which would just blow my mind wide open. I'd be like, Okay, didn't see that coming. What a weird season, man, it's the weirdest. I thought Anthony Davis was pretty much done for the year.
Speaker 3: Now he's playing with the legends, or he's practicing with the legends. Just show me something else. I can't believe. I'm ready for it. Whatever you got that, I can't believe I'm ready to see it. Man, bring it on.
Speaker 5: So Quentin Grimes went for twenty eight the other day. Yeah, he looked good. I mean it wasn't even like, you know, just forcing it. He played just within that.
Speaker 2: He's their only player right now, right, Yeah, he's still a role player.
Speaker 3: He's not a star. The star numbers right now.
Speaker 5: The problem right now is that there's not a single player on the team that can protect the basket, right and so teams that are smart, like the Spurs did this in the second game. They just and shot layups the entire game because no one's coming over to help. Is Caleb Martin hurt again? Or he didn't play yesterday?
Speaker 1: Okay, and he's on a minute restriction anyways, such.
Speaker 2: A bad season in so many different ways. Uh, Man, grind look good though, Yeah, he looked good.
Speaker 3: Things got bad.
Speaker 2: That that hurts. It all hurts. And that particular trade is the one that pushed them over the apron.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Yes, if they hadn't made that deal, they might have more maneuverability with the roster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I need to look at the money, but I believe that's accurate.
Speaker 2: I believe that. But he would have had enough space to keep signing guys he wasn't going to stay so.
Speaker 1: Presumably right, Yeah, ye, I had heard her so, and he asked out of Detroit. I don't I don't know what is to be gained by ad playing. I'm worried that he's going to get hurt. Obviously. I would just like to fast forward into the offseason. And you know, but these guys compete hard every night, and I mean if they if they make the playoffs, or they make a play in game, and I don't know what the real upside is there. I think for this fan base, the best thing could happen is just hit the reset button and shroop start over.
Speaker 2: Get it.
Speaker 1: If they were to luck out, and this is a team that's in desperate need of some luck. But if they lucked out and got a top four pick, which if they got all the way down to like ten or eleven, that's not that outrageous. A team has gone from ten, I believe a team I think Chicago one year went from ten to the first pick.
Speaker 2: I can't have to go back and look at lottery history. Now, the Mavericks have never had any lottery history luck at all. But if they were to land in the top four after not making the playoffs, that would be like okay, they could probably use that pick and make another trade and acquire a player that could stem the tide till kyries back. Or if the right players there, one of those guards out of Rutgers or whatever.
Speaker 5: Maybe they could draft them. You know, but that's still that's squinting. You know, they're gonna have a lot of ability to make moves this summer. And I mean, I know everyone's kind of operating under the assumption that they think Nico is going to be fired. And man, I'm being as sincere with you as I can be. I have no idea what Patrick Dumont thinks about the ay of this, And unless someone's talked to Patrick Dumont, I don't think they know either. There's no track record here at all, unless you've, like can somehow equate it to something that's happened at the SAMs Court before, Like, there's no track record to understand what this owner thinks about what has or hasn't happened.
Speaker 3: So we're just al center going I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 2: Right, And if Nico's gone, he's got to wear some of what's happened too. Right now, a lot of this Nico is wearing.
Speaker 1: There's to me, there's only one thing that can happen that could restore faith in the organization. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's to bring Dirk on and have him be the GM or something to president of basketball and so in some way bring Dirk into the organization. It's the only thing that could help. Honestly my feel I don't know what the role would be. You don't don't have to fire anyone. But if you just made Dirk in charge, like hey man, we're just we're we're building this casino. We're just gonna hire Dirk and let him run everything. Everybody reports to Dirk. Now, I think the fan base would go.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I agree that the fan base would be on board of that. I can't imagine Dirk's part of that, right exactly. Yeah, but I agree with you. I think you're right.
Speaker 2: But let me just throw out another option. Let's add Romo to the roster.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go on, Kevin.
Speaker 2: Let's go. I'm on, Kevin, let him cook gun before I mean, let ktkuk yeah, yeah, yeh, get him the ball. You don't want me in the organization. I have some Tomorrow's MLB opening Is it over? Tomorrow's MLB Opening day? And I have some Rangers news both good and bad?
Speaker 3: Or you're sitting on Rangers news until tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Because tomorrow's opening day. Tomorrow morning at three ten am is opening day? What do you mean opening if it's five ten am. Well, you got some japan Ball happening.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'll be glued all.
Speaker 1: Right, and we'll be out at opening day. See you on in ten days. Yeah, okay, thank you, Kevin. There he goes Kevin Turner.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, it's the only segment of the day that won't be podcasted the Today game right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: This segment is brought to by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, some of the best pizza you could ever have in your life, at Preston Plano Parkway in Plano. There's only one location of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, but it's so good. Readers of The Dallas Morning News have voted it the best pizzeria in all of DFW. So what are you waiting for? Here we are on a Monday night. Maybe you're gonna make a couple of pot pies, you know. Maybe you're gonna make I don't know, night Hawk TV dinner. Oh you gotta go Nighthawk. Abort that plan and instead plan on going big Go to Plano.
Speaker 2: Go to Andrew's.
Speaker 1: American Pizza Kitchen and have some of the best pizza of your life. They've mastered five different types. They also have a great craft beer selection and TV's in there. It's a good place to hang out. I do go there sometimes just to hang out.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for.
Speaker 10: Basis Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: I'll have to do a very dumb story here. I'll tell you about a guy named Don. Don Gorsk is seventy one years old, had his first Big Mac in nineteen seventy two. Hell yeah, loved it so much he went back the next day. He's now been having two a day for fifty three years. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you a couple of things.
Speaker 2: He's got OCD, and he's been open about his OCD and why he's so obsessed with something. So he starts flaring up a little bit. If he can't have his big mac, he's kind of starts freaking out. Sounds like rain Man. Yeah, this does sound like Wapner, But like I know you, I have little things that really I don't have it bad, not any more than the average person. But you know, something happens and he's just kind of like, damn, I need to finish that thing.
Speaker 3: I gotta go do that. You gotta do it otherwise you shouldn't. You can't.
Speaker 2: It's you can't.
Speaker 3: It's yes, it's crazy, christ bad. Yeah, it's bad.
Speaker 2: I mean someone in the break room a couple hours ago too. I filled up my water and I was like, hey man, because I have a big water bottle. It's like you fill up your role here's not It gives me time to clean the counter. And I was like, you have OCD, don't you. He goes, Yep, crazy, was it? Uh George Jimer? Nope, No, I shouldn't say it's hipo loalls, I shouldn't say why.
Speaker 3: It's a medical conditions, just.
Speaker 2: Cleaning the Yeah, was I wearing a hippo costume?
Speaker 5: I think he was like, no, it's sanitation or yeah, and Christine it for you?
Speaker 2: What is it? Like? What do you do? That's OCD.
Speaker 6: Well, it's kind of a mix of like a d D and OCD. Like I have to finish something, and so if I'm in the middle of doing something else and I remember, oh my god, I didn't finish this, I immediately drop what I'm doing and go finish it. Like the other day, I had my water bottle in here, I was in the process of filling it up, remembered something else I had to go do, walked out the door and totally forgot that my water bott is just sitting here and halfway filled up.
Speaker 3: And you know, it's fun, and it puts you in a.
Speaker 2: Bit of a pickle there because then you've left yourself another unfinished thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, they all pile up. It's really awesome. Yeah, why wouldn't you just finish the thing you're doing and then go finish it, Because I can't. I have to go finish that other thing. Yeah, that's the thing you can't stop yourself from. I want to do it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's very weird, but it's it happens. Is there to manage it over time?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 2: Is there a medication for this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 5: What like adderall or xanax during that stuff is probably adderall.
Speaker 3: I think it's different for everyone. I used to tick out or all.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I don't have it like Emily Jones has like Emily Jones has it bad like that is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So this guy's eating two Big Macs a day. Is he in good shape?
Speaker 2: Well, he's seventy one, so you know it almost made it to a good run at seventy five.
Speaker 3: Almost.
Speaker 2: He claims that they make up at least ninety percent of his diet, but he walks six miles a day to make out for it.
Speaker 3: So he walks to McDonald's twice to get the big Mac.
Speaker 2: So the reason this is in the news, though, is because on Saturday he enjoyed his thirty five thousandth Big Mac.
Speaker 3: That's huge.
Speaker 2: That's great, man, let's hear from Don.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a great burger, it's a great sandwich, you know, in terms of being classic and everything.
Speaker 2: But it's honestly, it's not that great.
Speaker 1: It's a The patties are tiny, there's too much bread, there's too much lettuce. It's a small mac. The secret sauce is, you know, not a secret It's like, come on, man, I cap for the quarter pound of the cheese, especially after they upgraded it a couple of years.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they did. That's so good?
Speaker 3: After that?
Speaker 2: I want it? Can you can?
Speaker 3: Can you?
Speaker 1: Is there a secret menu? Could you order a big mac but do it with quarter powder patties?
Speaker 2: Gang Bang styll Yeah, that's a gang bank that's the zig thing, right, Okay, so just combining a chicken sandwich and the burger. I'm not sure, but there's a secret menu McDonald's St. Patty's. My wife's been telling me she wants to go to McDonald's. Okay, you wants that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: I guess I didn't know. You're telling me what this order is? Secret sauce Gang Bang style. That makes a lot of sense. Yeah, now I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Google search says twelve McDonald's McDonald's secret menu items and how to order them? What are let's put down hope for a ment? I want you g has to hear.
Speaker 9: My guy, Don When I first started eating Big Max through a forty nine cents, that was nineteen seventy two. So now there are five to nineteen of piece. So you're probably gonna have to just kind of guesstimate what I really spent, because that's quite a price increase over fifty one and a half years.
Speaker 2: Actually a dollar every ten years. It's not that I mean it's crazy, but he.
Speaker 3: Definitely sounds like he's on the spectrum. No, he's from Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Oh is everybody from Wisconsin on the spectrum?
Speaker 3: We're all on the spectrum. Now, Happy early birthday to Travis Frederick.
Speaker 2: All right, he's on the spectrum.
Speaker 1: Is that the most sold burger in the history of the world gotta be the Big mach more Big Max than anything because it's marketing, right, Either that or the Market Street Burger or the Burger Street Burger.
Speaker 3: No, what's the most sold burger of all time?
Speaker 2: You see, you just ever enter anything into the computer and they'll tell you the whopper. Uh Well, they didn't get it because they said the cheeseburger AI is not perfect and it's coming for our jobs that it shouldn't be and that's proof that it shouldn't be. Twelve McDonald's secret menu items though just found that though