Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, listen. It's me Stephanie Wilder Taylor. I'm here with Cecily Nobler and we have a little special treat for you. I shouldn't. I don't want to raise your expectations sky high because I don't know what's going to happen, because we're trying something a little bit different. Mmm. What we're doing here, I'm gonna I'm gonna lay it out for you. What we're doing here is we're going to talk about I want to talk about Love is Blind UK, but Cecily does not like Love is Blind. I may talk her into the next US, I will tell you right now. Watching this with such a like, oh god, thank god I didn't watch this. I like so good. It's really really good. I think it's such a great character study, and I think there's a lot of things about it that Cecily likes. She just doesn't know she likes. So I will talk her into it. Don't don't you guys worry you're pretty.
Speaker 2: Long going through a canyon. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I could.
Speaker 2: I bet you cut out for like a second.
Speaker 3: Remember that from Larry Sanders though, It's like what canyon comes off Melrose Bullshake canyon. You're not going to get that another Love is Blind recap podcast. No, you aren't going to get rip horn Bob Odenkirk joke.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, such good stuff. God, that was a good show.
Speaker 3: Now what kind of canyon comes off of Melroe bullshake canyon?
Speaker 1: So okay, I would have thought. I would have thunk that Cecily would love Love is Blind UK because she loves, loves, loves all things British. That's true. Do you love the Brits loves British man, She loves a British show, she loves British things. I do. I love a brit so very much. Watch BBC watch all day just to hear the accents. You're an Anglo file? Is that what they call it? I think a lot of us are. I agree? I agree. So I was surprised when she had zero interest in watching Love is Blind UK. But you know what, I watched it just for pleasure, which is rare. It's hard to get a show where you just like, go, I'm just going to watch this because I want to watch it. And I didn't have to feel guilty that I like fast forwarded through the weddings. So what I did which is I don't want to say ingenious, but you know what's the faller an ingenious and just genius?
Speaker 2: I don't know, is my answer, and I refuse to look.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, sometimes I'd just rather not know. It's pretty genius that I said, Hey, here's an idea. Why don't you just watch the reunion and then we'll do an episode where we discuss and I tell you, I'll have a backstory all the lore about these couples and what I think. And I do have a lot of thought, and I see I read a lot of stuff on Reddit and I'm like, no, I don't agree, but I don't. I'm too chicken to put my own opinion out there because people will just come for me. But then I'm like, you know what, I don't need to I have a podcast. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: So now I did watch it, and I'm just the idea was that I'm going to give like very I didn't want to call them hot takes, yeaht takes. Really they're cold takes because I, yeah, came in cold, didn't know anybody. But I still have very strong opinions about what I saw. And ironically, I took notes and Stephanie didn't. No, I did not take notes. I took pretty meticulous notes actually, but only because I didn't understand really was Okay.
Speaker 1: So here's what we're going to do. I'm going to go through the cast for a second, and I don't know if this is I'll skip over men that we don't care about, but I'm going to tell you about the and then i'll tell you who they ended up with. And I'm going to explain to you, like what happened with them, what you need to know, and then you give me your hot takes. I promise you this won't take super long. But okay, So first up is Billy and Billy. As you saw in the reunion, Billy ended up with Ashley. But here's a little bit about Billy. Billy's thirty five. He's an army physical trainer. He's from Byett Island. That's not it from okay the look of the olysh He'syland. Yeah, so this this says, uh, this is his about which because we're going to find out he's a bunch of bullshit. But Billy's ready to meet a woman who makes his heart saying preferably any song by Michael bluebla. I'll let you know that nothing like this comes up. There's no talk of karaoke, there's no Okay. Though he got divorced five years ago after a quote whirlwind romance, Oh yeah, Billy is still a strong believer in marriage. He loved being a husband and wants to find a life partner who will accompany him on group dates with his married friends, enjoy a point of guinness, and build a family with him. Point point point. I don't stop until we move on from Billy. No. I love it. That family will of course include his beloved dog Allie. Oh okay, so then Charlie, we don't care about him, so we're just one of the guys.
Speaker 3: Guys say we do him and then Ashley, and then we talk about that because I took the notes of them together as couples that as they went through.
Speaker 1: The Okay, But I also need to tell you about this guy Thoughla, you don't know about that that much. Okay. So there was this couple, Katisha who you saw because there was a guy named Jovin. Yeah, I remember them. Okay. So so basically what you need to know is that there was this guy named Dumola. Okay, I'm going to tell you a little bit about Demola's thirty financials. He's from England, Essex, old school gentleman. He's been marriage minded from a young age. He fantasized about the details of his wedding as a boy. Well, he wears his heart on his sleeve. His most recent relationship ended after eight years because he didn't feel comfortable being vulnerable. So, okay, so Domola kind of connected with this girl, Katisha. They saw Yeah, okay, so Katisha seemed at first glance like pretty adorable makeup artist. Also, I'm going to tell you something that strikes me as odd is Katisha's things said that she was a model and a makeup artist. And it's like, okay, so if you get to talk about your job, which they do in the pods, when you go like, well, I'm a model, isn't that kind of like well, how is love? Love is blind? Well, there's not really a lot of ugly models. So you're talking to a girl and she goes, well, my job is I'm a model. That is so unfair, right, you're not interact That's so true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not fair.
Speaker 1: Why would they cast her like worst case scenario she's a model. That's a Katy Garret and she's a supermodel. But like that's yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Not love is blind.
Speaker 1: That's so stupid.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, I'm a model, I'm one of the top models.
Speaker 1: I'm a hadid. I'm not supposed to say.
Speaker 2: That, Like what you can't.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. I would not have called that for her, but I mean she's very cute. I liked her, but we're not getting into that, right. Yeah, okay, so here's what you need to know before we even get into the reunion. So Demola was super into her, and she I think she was like she's a little bit like us in the way that like he just came on too strong, you didn't okay. A lot of people argued with me about this online. I did earlier in the season comment a little bit on Reddit, and I was like, I think the problem isn't that she just can't like a nice guy, it's that this guy was like too nice. He was too yeah, like I'm ready, I want to marry you, and it was too soon and she was like, you don't even know me. Right then, people argued with me online, They're like, well, who knows anybody it's love is blind. It's like okay, but still if the guy right, you know after like the second time you meet him in the Pods, is like, well, let's do this. I'm totally into you. You're gonna be like, well, I'm not sure. Meanwhile, this guy, Jovin didn't like her that much. Well, he was very and she kept going like, I don't know, you're not that vulnerable, like you're not really you don't seem like you're into me, which of course is Catnipped the ladies. So she's starting to like him a lot. But meanwhile Demola is like, well, I'm totally into you that all her friends are like girl like, Domola is the guy, like he's so nice, and she's like, yeah, I usually go for these guys that don't treat me that well, like I usually go for this type, which is Javin, which is they don't really open up to me. I have to I have to work for it too hard, I have to prove myself and like, I don't know. So then she meets with Demola and she's like, you know what, I'm going to change things up. I'm into you. I need to just tell Jovin it's not him, so like, but you have nothing to worry about, Okay. So then she goes and talks to Jovin and he starts to realize, oh shit, but she told him before. She was like, well, Demola's really into me. There's this other guy and he's making the big gestures and he's totally into me. So Jovin very clearly just wanted to be on the show. So he's like, he goes for his last date with her in the pod, she's going to break up with him, and he's like, I'm totally into you, but not even selling it that hard, not even like I thought about it. I was just scared before. No, He's just like, yeah, no, I'm into you. I know I like you, and she's like you do my gosh. Okay, So he proposes. Then she goes and has to tell Domola like you know, sorry, buddy, Like I changed my mind. I went to the guy that was a little more hard to get. Yeah, she got what she got, yes, okay, which which which you saw a bunch of what happened on the reunion. That guy Javin ended up being a dick. So he ended up at the big when they have like the mixer leaner after everybody's been living together with their couples when they're back home, and then they all have the mixer, and then jab and went and flirted with all these girls. And I don't know how much of it they showed in the like a, here's what happened. But he's home with Katisha. He's never acting like he's that into Katisha. And then he goes They come home from the mixer and she's like, Okay, I'm gonna go to bed, and he goes, well, I'm gonna go back out and she's like seriously, and he goes yeah, and she goes okay. So she goes in her bedroom and just starts crying and he does not give a fuck. He's like bye, he goes potokate, Yes, So he goes back out to the mixer. He starts fully, fully flirting with Sophie, Like, as you said.
Speaker 3: Sophia, I'm just gonna tell you right now, not a fan. If I'm thinking of the right person. Sophie was in the audience. She's insane, and I just want to remind people cold take. I'm only basing this on one episode where I didn't watch the entire thing. So I think I've done pretty well so far.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. So Sophie's bad and in the Pods she was also really bad. She was she was a lot like that girl Jessica, who was like, yeah, you're gonna choke, You're gonna need an EPI pen. She just kept making comments like, yeah, a lot of guys like me and real like if you saw me, like you'd be very happy. She basically told all the guys like I am so super pretty, Like you're gonna be so mad if you don't pick me. But I'm just trying to fit. Yeah, the most fit of all the lads. Yeah. So she wasn't really flirting with Java though. I mean when they went to the mixer, he was flirting with her. Then he flirted with all these other girls. He's just a dick. But the one that Sophie was really trying to get with was the guy Kieren, who ended up with that girl Megan with the red hair. Now.
Speaker 2: I have a lot to say about Meghan and Karen, but I know we're not there.
Speaker 1: Are we gonna We're not there? We're not there. Just I really like Kieren. I don't know how I feel about Megan. She's great. She's really great and you would love her and she is such a girl's girl. And I'll tell you what happened.
Speaker 2: That's great. I had a then I missed under.
Speaker 1: I know, she's amazing, just a lot. She was a lot. No, she's amazing. She's just really outgoing, but she's she's really nice, super fun and she's a fucking girls girl. So she was at the mixer. She ended up going over to Katisha's apartment and she was like, Katisha, like, I need to tell you that. Jovin came back to the mixer and he was like all over a bunch of the women.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, and Meghan doubles down on that. She's like, would you do it again? She's like absolutely, that is my truth. Yeah, and he was, I mean we all saw it. It was terrible, and Jovin is a total gaslighter asshole, like was like, I don't know what you thought you saw, but I was I didn't do anything wrong, and it's like we all saw you. And Megan was went and she brought Kieren with her and he was like yeah, sorry man, like we did see you and oh okay, So what happens is. Katisha is very upset and she's like are you sure, and Meghan's like, I'm so sorry, but like, yeah, it was bad. He was like all over a lot of the girls, and then they went into this photo booth. So then jo So then Katisha tells Jovin like what the fuck? This is what I found out? And he's like, who told you that? I'm gonna go and then so she's like, Megan told me that. So he goes over and so then Jovin goes to confront Meghan and Kieren and it's super uncomfortable because he's like, what would you say that, mate? It's not true.
Speaker 1: I wasn't and he's super argumentative and it was ridiculous. So that ends that.
Speaker 3: Kind of it's from memory, like you're literally able, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, no, it was really good, like I watched the ship out of all these episodes. Okay. So then okay, So basically Billy and Ashley in the pods, they are they're really into each other. It seems super cute. She's a they call him a cabin it's basically as she's a flight attendant. They call him something else though, cabin crew. Oh, cabin crew. Okay, So he says early on Billy, Yeah, I don't really love that job because then you're like traveling a lot. But meanwhile he travels colling. He's controlling, super controlling. So there was a scene where they went grocery shopping and he was like trying to make her buy like only super healthy foods, and she's like, I like to have some treats in the house, you know. He's like nah. She's like, yeah, I want to have cake in the house if I want too. And so he's super rigid. Yeah, so he's super rigid, but she's really sweet. She was really sweet. She was really like.
Speaker 2: It's okay, like we can make this work.
Speaker 1: Okay. So anyway, those two were together, and then I want to find you the other couple. Other couples. The other couple is Kel.
Speaker 3: His name is Cal okay and Cal and Serova so okay, but I wrote Soretto, so I was close.
Speaker 1: First, I want to tell you though about Jed and Barta. So Jed and Barta. Barta was the little blonde cutie girl and she was like, yeah, you changed, which I So Jed and Barda seemed really cute and they seemed like they were absolutely gonna get married, and they just like no problems the whole time. In fact, her mom was like, I'm not I'm not really sure. You guys haven't had any fights, and she's like no, and then right towards the end they start having some fights because she's very independent wants to pay for herself, and they go out to dinner and he's like, I'm paying and she's like then she pulls out her credit card and pays. And it turns out that he didn't like that very much, which we're on his side on this because they'd obviously had some kind of talks.
Speaker 3: About it, and she agreed that she was going to let them hit the ring. She was weird about the ring. This was another thing. And I was like, what the fuck? So you're all this like fit you know, okay, I can pay for it. I'm no, man needs to take care, but I'll keep that ring.
Speaker 1: Although he did pay for the ring, does he do they pay for it to just love his blind paper blind for it? I think, oh, well, then keep it. Yeah? Fuck that. Of course I wouldn't keep it if I was breaking up with a guy, if it didn't work out with a guy, I would give probably the ring back unless he was a total dick, and then I would sell it. Yeah, but if production's paying for it, Yeah, of course you did this show, you did the time. Yeah, exactly, that is true. Okay, so those two did not. She did. She said no at the altar, so they did. So they did not get married, but he later said he would also have said no had he thought about it.
Speaker 3: He was gonna say yes. But then when he's glad, right that he didn't.
Speaker 1: Right. But let's talk about this guy Cal that you brought up, and that's the worst one, Sarah ver. Yeah, okay, so let's get into it. Cal's got that like Greek haircut with the weird like microbangs. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well a couple of them had that. So did the last guy, Kieran. I was like, what the hell Karen they called?
Speaker 1: I know he was much cuter before. He looked like such a dork. It's not for us, horrible, No, No, maybe that's like a new thing. He looked like he was wearing like a disco like a costume you get at party city, as like some disco guy.
Speaker 3: But the hair was so And I want to say this about the woman, that Cal was with, Like, she was gorgeous.
Speaker 1: So pretty. Okay, so those two, he knows that she's not like white when they're in the pods because she tells him that she's not white, you know, basically, and he's like, oh, I usually go for like blonde white girls basically, but when he meets her, he's like, oh, I mean, you're not my typical type. So it's like a little bit uncomfortable right from the get go. But then everybody was sort of rooting for them. The guy is a douchebag. First thought was awful. I wrote awful. He's awful. He's a day trader, you know, like, yeah, he's nuts snuts. Yeah, he's nuts. He's a total avoidant. Yes, okay, sucked with her completely, and she's lovely, so like she was my favorite woman on the show. She's great, she's so sweet, her family's so nice, and like, towards the very end, he was basically saying to camera or to his brother, he's like, yeah, well, first of all, he's never been in a long term relationship. He gets the grossed out feeling real faster at like three months. Yes, and he said, he goes, well, I know she's good for me. He's like, but I'm really hoping that, like a few months into the marriage, I don't just go cold on her. So this is before the wedding scene, So of course I'm watching that and I'm like, well, then you are for sure going to go off of her. You're going to get cold, and she's not gonna have any idea what she did wrong. Please say say no at the altar. Please later sure like he can't do it. So he said yes at the altar, and she was so happy, and I was praying that he would have said no at the altar, knowing that he was going to lose interest. Why not say no? But say because I'm worried about myself and my pattern and I don't want to do that too. So let's just see. Let's just date and see what happens. Right, right, he should have He should have, but he didn't, and I love So let's start with that, because that's if that's what we need to know, that's the reunion. That's where it starts.
Speaker 3: Okay with those two, I mean, we're not just starting, We're just gonna pop through this. But she initial thoughts that loved her, thought he was a total Dick immediately got the whole thing when her mom started talking when they turned, because she said the thing that you just said, where she was just like, what did I do?
Speaker 1: What changed?
Speaker 3: Was it? The cultural difference? Like what changed? And he just wouldn't. And also the George, what I assume is a Jordy accent. His accent was so nonxious to me. I couldn't I know that that's not what we're talking about here, but I couldn't even really understand him.
Speaker 1: I can really tell the difference, and I know it just sounds so like uneducated with me. But everybody either sounds one way or like they're on Oliver, Oh, you mean like something a little London, like little Cotney.
Speaker 2: The other ones are like a little nold on nold on England.
Speaker 3: And then there's a Jordy thing where you can't really understand them at all, and it's kind of similar to Scottish sounding.
Speaker 1: It's real like Lost Stock and two Smoke and Barrels, which I sat through and almost lost my mind because I couldn't understand any.
Speaker 3: Of it.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: And so then they turned to her, sweet mom.
Speaker 3: That's the one right where the mom was like, why did you drag my daughter, which is what you said. They they cover that, they kind of leave it. And what made me sad, there's not really much to say, but me sad was when she gave this beautiful speech and she's like, you weren't the one, but I will find him. I will find him. And then everyone clapped fuleheartedly, and then he also did a weird clap where he kind of held his hands up like very performative, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like clap clap, clap, clap, but like up in the air in this weird way like he was at a Greek wedding. Yes, And I just like was like, fuck you, dude, don't you don't need to clap for her. Yeah, it's fine, she's absolutely fine. You will, you would.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna do even.
Speaker 1: Half as well as that. No, And his own brother was like, listen, if it's not her, it's honestly nobody.
Speaker 3: That's right, And it's sad. It's actually kind of sad, but like one day he'll wake up one day, but she will be gone and she will be fine.
Speaker 1: But he was the thing that he said he was gonna do, he did so hard, like when he was like, yeah, I'm gonna go cold on you and just be a total asshole. And it couldn't have been more right, Like he was so mean. He was just like, yeah, I don't know, I just didn't like you anymore. She's like, but what was the thing, and he goes, no thing, you didn't do anything, you were, you were just you. I just that's it. I just don't like you. It's too different. And she's like, but we're not different. He's like, yeah, I just I don't know, just not into it. Just lost, painful, painful. We ben times have you been. I was just gonna say, it's like that. There's no worse feeling than when you're like, but yesterday you were totally into me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I mean I've been there so many times, and I always find myself it's so terrible in this day and age because I'm just calmbing through texts trying to see like it's that one word that was different, one emoji that he didn't use or did use, Like it's so fucked up, and I don't even think that's like the person that's on the other end of that that's blindsided, isn't necessarily unhealthy or an anxious attacher.
Speaker 2: People that do that, like, that's a mind fuck.
Speaker 1: It's especially bad for people who are anxious, but it's like a mind fuck for anybody I don't like. So I'm yeah, I'm not a fan, not a fan. But the thing is like that also makes it difficult from his perspective, is that when you've gone off of somebody, and I've been on the other side of it too, there's nothing, there's no you can't just stay cause you're just grossed out. Like you're like, I don't, I can't. I've lost all feeling. So you know, when you wake up and it's happened to you and it's happened to me, and you're just like, oh god, I just don't like this person anymore. I don't know what I saw on them, but that feeling is gone. So the mom's like, well, why couldn't you have just stayed with her and tried to work it out or you know, people ask in that and he was like, well I just couldn't. You're like, yeah, he wasn't going to make himself. He just was like, I'm done. Bye. I don't I don't often have that.
Speaker 3: I get the ick very early, so I don't often get the ick after I've like dated someone for three months or I've slept with that, you know, like it goes the other way. I get the ick for the dumbest like SEINFELDI things like he eats his peas one p at a time. You know, just that you know how I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what if you've already slept with the person and then they eat their peas that way?
Speaker 2: I probably wouldn't sleep with them.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm honestly, I'm sure that there have been times that I have, but I most likely wouldn't.
Speaker 1: What if you were drunk. I'm never drunk. I just go for what I do. I'm like, yeah, but what if you were so what if you're in a blackout. What if you're in a blackout your crack did crack. What if he did crack in a crackhouse and you got like a super blackout and you've fucked a bunch of guys and then you woke up and you're like, I have the ick about you? Not you you like eight of them? What if you were so cracked out and drunk and then you're driving and you just like you don't like the way the guy like the guy takes off his shoes and puts him on the dashboard.
Speaker 3: And you're like, uh, that's that, and you're bringing your cracked out so you don't really totally remember, but.
Speaker 1: You remember the next day, like if you make it home safely without crashing, you're like, I feel like that guy because did he take a shoot that you have to call somebody and go I don't really remember much of last night. Did that guy take his shoes off? I mean, my thing is that I never get to the thing.
Speaker 3: So guys get mad at me a lot where, you know, especially online dating, where like I just won't go like we'll have a couple back and forth, and then I kind of for whatever reason, I'm like, nope, absolutely not nope.
Speaker 2: And then they tried, They're like, but what I thought.
Speaker 3: We had such a good conversation and we had a date planned, and I'm just like no, But I think the way I do it is still better than having sex with him a bunch of times.
Speaker 2: Right, and then dating them and making them think that that.
Speaker 1: I really am marrying them, like saying yes at the altar like Tom or Tom loose, you know, making them sign a contract and having a kid with them and staying for ten years, right, Yeah, confusing, And I think I think, just to be serious for a minute, I think that's what Sarah Verr was saying, was like, is really confusing that you said yes, yeah exactly, and he and but in my mind, I'm like, but girl, he told you, he told you I get grossed out by people. A few months into it, I am like.
Speaker 2: Super grossed out, he said.
Speaker 1: He said, I go cold, like I lose feelings. Oh, He's like, I lose feelings like sometimes like six months in and then it's like I'm done.
Speaker 3: Like I just go cold. I mean, I can't tell you how many times that's happened. Well, not that many times, but when it does at like about the three month mark, where guys have done that to me, I am you know the thing people say but you don't realize it at the time, is that like you're so much better off because if it had been six months, it'd be a lot worse. For a year or a merit, you know, like all those things. And that is what she was trying to say, like, why did.
Speaker 1: You also like you got into they got into a fight on their honeymoon. Did he never let go? Which is what she was trying to refer to. She was like, but we were married, Like we had a little minor disagreement I think about like their hotel, and he's like, yeah, well but I lost interest at that point. So three months later he broke up with her, and he was like, yeah, but I already had had an argument with you on our honeymoon. She was like, but that was three months before and we're married. That's crazy. We just had one little fight. Yeah, Fuck that guy, fuck cow of her.
Speaker 3: So then they move on to Jed who you mentioned that was the no Jed and what's her name? What's the woman's barta? Okay, uh, he let's see. He would have been a yes, but not one hundred percent. So later he was happy. They tried to hook up after the fact, uh, and they only it was like there. So the hosts were like, well, how long did you guys hook up or after the whole thing, and they're like three weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they lived together. Yeah for three weeks. Okay, So they lived together for three weeks and then apparently they went to the gym, so she says, so she was feeling really bad that she said no at the altar, so it seemed clear that he was going to say yes, and he does. He didn't want people to know, yeah he was.
Speaker 3: She was like, okay, I'll keep the ring on because he didn't want to be embarrassed with his friends. But then he wanted her to take it off because his ex girlfriend was at the gym. I was so confused by that storyline.
Speaker 1: That was so weird. It's like, okay, so, I mean she had a right to be annoyed by that, right, Yeah, for sure. I think I couldn't get a read on her. I don't know if I loved her either. I mean she was fine, No, there was something was off about her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they're like, well, where are you now, and she's like in Dubai. I just went to Dubai, never left.
Speaker 1: Like okay, and why is that? Like we're not from that part of the world, so we're just like okay. But everybody else was like what, Like okay, I mean she moved. I don't know. Yeah, I mean it's just a wealthy place.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe she met a very wealthy person who knows wealthy businessman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. So that was fine because that was not shocking because they said no at the altar, right, So it was probably more shocking that they ended up living together for a time for.
Speaker 3: Three weeks, right, was a little boring. So they moved quickly on to Ashley and Billy. I immediately, at first I thought Billy was cute. I really did, And then I immediately once I saw how rigid he was, I was like, oh no, oh no, no, no, okay.
Speaker 1: So when they first got together, they were this is the thing about him, and this is what we need to discuss. So when we first saw him on the show, it was seemed really cute. He was really into her, and you know when they meet after like after they come out of the pods. I know, you hate the pods, but when they came out of the pods, he was like, oh my god, because she's so cute, and he was just like, oh my gosh, like I'm so in love with you, and she was so in love with him. It seemed real clear that those two were going to make it. Then, Like this was many episodes in. They had the weird thing at the grocery store, so it was like, okay, that was kind of weird. That was the first time that we saw he was being really rigid, but he would be very weird at the grocery store. He was very much like She's like, look, you don't have to eat it, but like, oh, He's like, while I eat the same thing for dinner like every single night, like a piece of chicken breast and like mince, like mince and something and something. And she goes, okay, but like I'm not going to eat that like every night. And he's like and she goes, well, what was it like with your ex wife? And he's like, well, we just ate our own stuff for dinner every night. She's like, okay, well we're not going to do that.
Speaker 2: Does it say where she's from? Do you have her bio up?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I think I didn't like her accent either, And I'm just curious.
Speaker 1: It doesn't let me see see I'm not I'm not sure because I just oh, okay, I have the right.
Speaker 2: It's high it's hi women.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'll tell you, Okay, I have her up. She's from Surrey, England.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, what's Sillery. I think that's like that's near London. I'm gonna look that up. But yeah, I was having a hard time understanding her. I think maybe that's kind of like I don't know. Okay, so that was just he just kind of read as cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also like they work. They should have made it together because she was an army cadet. Oh yeah, yeah, and she was real happy that he was from the army, like she was all about him. He did not deserve her, Okay. So after the grocery store thing happened, he he was so mixed signals. He was like, no, but I really really love you. We'll make it work. Then all of a sudden, he did the thing that a lot of guys do where he just all of a sudden and was like, yeah, I'm just oh. She went to go meet his family and visit, and all of a sudden, he started acting weird, and he was like, well, yeah, I'm just not one hundred percent like I just I don't know, I'm having doubts. And she was like what, like since when, Like she was the one making all the concessions. So then she was like, okay, well I hope you like come around because like I'm super into this and I know we can make it work. So they get up there on the wedding day and she says, yes, and then he says yes, and she's like, oh my god. And then she goes, what made you change your mind or whatever, and he says, well, I realized it was just fear, and I didn't want to like give in to fear and like miss out on like the love of my life, like I love you so obviously, what the fuck? Like, So he says yes, and he gets over his fear, and then he breaks up with her a few months later, and he and that other fucking guy Cow were in coots with this and came up with the way that that was also in the reunion, and they both talked and figured out what they were going to say to the women to get out of the marriage. Right, Yeah, that was weird. That was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean these are This is part of the reason I don't like this show, though, because so much of it only there's only really ever a couple that's sort of like, okay, yeah, I believe this one. But so much of it is just influencers trying to go on a show. That's why I like the original Love is Blind. I like the first couple of seasons. They were not your most attracted. You know, you're traditionally attractive people. That was the point. Now it's all just people like the hottest people they can find for the most part, so they're all just like full of shit.
Speaker 1: Like that's my issue.
Speaker 3: They if they go back to the roots and really make the show the show, I would enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Even with the guy Zach.
Speaker 3: Remember when Zach was on it and that Irena I think was her name, she was just terrible to him. Yeah, they were just like real people and they got along even though he was so cheesy and like sang songs and stuff.
Speaker 1: But remember the guy from the last season where he looked like, oh, this is because I have to make a point about the fact that with like with Jed and Barta, they talked about how much they were fighting, they never showed it. But remember when they had that guy that looked like he was from the band De Barge. Yeah, girl, and they were showing all their fights and then they showed him basically breaking up with her and her like laying on the floor crying. Remember that we need more of that. Like, if you're going to have these couples like have actual problems, show them. You've got hidden cameras, You've got cameras in the room. That's just lazy editing. But yeah, producing I agree, Yeah, I agree. So okay, so this was like he's cheesy, let's yeah. The last couple was Kiara. More so there's Jevin. Is that right, Javin? Yeah, we talked about him, We talked about him. He was the one who was really who was going because they go into that where she's like, you know the whole thing with Sophie, hold on, let me just see uh of arguments, let me see what I wrote here? Oh is this one? So the host who by the way, the hosts kind of bothered me. Yeah, they're annoying. Okay, thank you, I'm glad I got that right.
Speaker 3: But then they're like, okay, they went to the audience for somebody and they were sort of doing one offs right after they did them, and they're like, I did a whole thing about.
Speaker 1: You're a liah, You're a liah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there was somebody who just kept saying that and made it into a song.
Speaker 1: Okay, So basically, there's this girl and let me find her name for you. Who was in the audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was in the audience, and they made they were trying to make it really cute and I was like, I'm not having it.
Speaker 1: I want to say that. Her name was like, oh, her name is Anew. So Anew was a singer and she was with this guy that you really missed out on named Patrick, who talked all about his he seems like he's in a cult. A lot of people on read it were talking about it seems like some kind of almost it's like coaching life coaching kind of thing and it's all about listening to your lean. Oh that's right, they said that. Okay, it was so weird. So he's liking this girl Anw and she's liking him, but then he goes cold on her when like, honestly, this guy did not deserve her. I know, she's like really over the top, but she was a singer and he goes, what we'll sing for me, and it's sort of like how we're comedians. But if you were like went on a date with a guy and he was like, Okay, we'll do some comedy. Tell me a joke, any joke. What do you open with? Right? So she was like, uh, I don't really feel comfortable, like I'm not going to just start singing. And he was like, oh, well, I don't know then maybe you're not really a singer, or he was just a dick about it.
Speaker 2: He gave a message.
Speaker 3: He gave a note and said because he got a girlfriend and got someone pregnant real quick.
Speaker 1: So people are like that dude before he came on the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so he made some statement. He's like, no, I really was looking for love, but I'm very happy for my next step in my journey in life.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh no.
Speaker 3: And then the guy Demola I say, I was sitting next to Anu. They were like, why don't you guys just date? And he was like, oh hell no. He basically yes, he's like my like a very annoying little sister. And that in stride. I would have cried. I would have burst into tears. I was like, she took that, she took that, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I deserve that. But was sweet. She was a lot too, And but she never should have been with that Patrick guy. He was a joke. What did he looked like, I don't know, like a football player, like buff, like a big like a big buff guy. But he was just football, I mean footy American football, football, football, American so not soccer like no, so he was like a Dick, and he just was like, oh, my spleen is telling me like like I I can't, like, I'm not going to make this work. And she so she comes in on the last day and she's written him a song and she's going to sing it for him, and he's like, yeah, I can't do it. I'm just nod into it. My spleen told me no, and she's.
Speaker 2: Like her he cringed out.
Speaker 1: But she should have been cringing out long before because he was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Had she seen him yet?
Speaker 1: No, No, no, they did. He never proposed to her because he thought that she was being like wishy washy because she wouldn't sing. He was mad that she wouldn't sing. It was so ridiculous. Okay, so let's just get you what did you have something else to say about Jovin?
Speaker 2: That's all I have.
Speaker 3: Last one is Megan and Kieran. Yeah, and I thought I loved there. I mean, like I get a little annoyed just because of like the TikTok, Like everything's a TikTok video.
Speaker 2: Everything's like, look at us, We're so right.
Speaker 1: I think they make them do that, though after they get married, they want they want videos of like their lives, right.
Speaker 3: I mean they were cute, like there's no question that they seemed to be a really sweet, secure, healthy couple.
Speaker 1: Yep, he was so nice right from the get go. And guess what, he made the right decision because the girl that really wanted him was that girl, Sophie. And even though she was like, don't worry, I'm so pretty, he was like okay, but like Megan is, Megan was just very very secure, like not jealous, like she was like okay, like you'll make your own decision. And you know, when he picked her, she was like super happy and they were just really like a cute couple from the just from the beginning.
Speaker 2: Well you could see that.
Speaker 3: You could see Sophie immediately because they kept cutting to her and she looked like her lip was quivering, you know, she was like half and then when they talked to her, she's like, yeah, no, I'm really very happy for them. They seem great, like she's not. And then she did say she's like I am now in therapy as everyone said I should be.
Speaker 1: She acknowledged whatever. She seemed very sad, like I will give her that. She didn't seem yeah, super comfortable in her skin, so yeah, but she was pretty bad at like that mixer, like just flirting with job. But I thought it was also kind of cool that the Katisha was like, well, listen, you weren't the one who was married.
Speaker 3: Right, he was so right, I'm not mad at you girl. Then well they finished out sort of like what what were some of the nose for you? At first for Megan and she's like, I'm not really a gamer. I don't really like the gaming guys, and.
Speaker 1: That's his thing.
Speaker 3: So that turned out to be really cute or I was like, well that's what he does, so she likes it now, Yep, it's all good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the you guy.
Speaker 1: How did I do? How did I do? You did really well? Like, here's the thing. The thing that was kind of fun about it was that, look, these two of these people got Two of these couples got married and then broke up, which we haven't really seen, right, We usually see them break up before, but these two both were like happy ever after. Yay they got married, and now boom they're both divorced. So only one couple came out of it.
Speaker 3: But I mean that's a lot if you think about the odds of just meeting blindly. I mean, they cheesily keep calling it an experiment, but it is. It is an experiment, yea, and so it is kind of cool. I think that the producers make them say. There's certain things they have to say. It's like bachelor speak, but for love is blind. Yes, I guess that's why I get agitated, because it's like, oh, just have your own thing, yeah, real, be a real deal. I would not last a minute in those parts. I would just be like, you're not gonna pick me?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I would talk every guy out of it and be like, O, this other girl's really pretty.
Speaker 2: You should totally do that, and then cry because he didn't pick me.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: Whenever the opposite of it. I'm the opposite of a pick me girl? What would that be? And don't don't.
Speaker 2: Make don't make me girl, don't take me, but.
Speaker 1: Deep down pick me. But I kind of want to be picked yeah, but definitely pick me, but don't pick me, but don't pick me, like, honestly, no, you'll be better off with somebody else, But I mean.
Speaker 2: Pick me, sure to pick me, but like, okay, but I'll write a poem about it.
Speaker 1: But I just want to be sad and write about in my journal about how you're not going to pick me. Yes, yes, yes, that's a real thing. Yeah, people live in it. I'm one of them. All right, everybody. That was fun. What's this going up? Oh? This is going up on Tuesday morning. You're listening to this and then uh, Bachelor in Paradise is airing tonight. So we're gonna play you that tomorrow. That's right, we're gonna play you that that. We're going to record that for you and Wednesday and Mona and we'll play it for you live.
Speaker 3: We'll be live and we're gonna sing. And this is a new thing that we're doing. We're writing songs for how we feel. Yes, yes, it's something we're doing. So all right you bye bye.
Speaker 1: We love you guys. Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Please