Speaker 1: You know what else rocks, and that's Hurtato Barbecue, some of the best barbecue I've ever had. Locations in Mansfield, Fort Worth, Arlington, two locations at Globalize Field, and another location at Dallas the Farmer's Market. Oh, I thought make it out of it. We love Brandon Hurtado. He's an author. Now go read his book about barbicoa. I think that's what it's called. He is just a phenomenal dude. And you know, Hurtado is his own spin, his own family spent on Mexico, Mexican barbecue, and a lot of the Ranger's success is fueled by brisket that they've consumed at Hurtato. It is so, so very good. All right, we got the Today game coming up. We got to get to the story about a sports executive sending nudes. Was it an accident, wasn't on purpose? We got the weekly Weekday Update. We'll even take a look back on some old ben and Skin content, maybe some funny audio in the Benskin wayback Machine. But right now KT has a question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Hollywood might be out of ideas. We've got news today from Netflix. Netflix is the bidding riots for the upcoming series Monopoly, But one word I left out before series was reality series. The show is described as a large scale social experiment contest where players will navigate capitalism and chaos. Contestants will need to make alliances and then break them. What's being teased is a cutthroat game of strategy and betrayal. And this follows, you know, Netflix's kind of move. They they've got a competition, reality competition game coming out called The Golden Ticket, which is, you know, using Willy Wonka as your IP, and that's what they want, So Monopoly reality show series. Who on this show do you think would be in it?
Speaker 1: One? Two, three, Corner Bread.
Speaker 3: And honestly, I'm more I'm excited for the Willy Wonka one because I hate Monopoly.
Speaker 4: I absolutely hate that game.
Speaker 1: I like how long it takes to finish a game of Monopoly? Why do you hate it?
Speaker 3: I just I don't want to deal with money when I'm trying to play a board game that just doesn't sound fun at all. And then people are always like, ooh, I'm gonna buy this, you owe me writ like, can you let me alone?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to have fun.
Speaker 1: It's not fun, Okay, Well, skin. I'm with you. It takes two damn long. It's just you get half ford it and then people start making side deals. The side deals aren't but you can. You can fast forward through it, like where you hand out. You just pass out the properties like you're dealing cards, and you start off with a bunch of properties already. Okay.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: There's also some people play with different rules. Some people say you don't have to have a monopoly to build on those properties. I'm like, what are you doing? That's the whole point of the monopoly. I like the idea of just building on whatever property you want. Also the idea of land on go or pass go, like you're you're supposed to get extra money, right, They're one of those rules. My family changed the rules on it. It's like, well, maybe land on go. Some people will take all a certain amount of money that's supposed to go to the bank and then put it in the middle, right, And then if you role is it roll doubles or I can't remember what it is, then you get what is in the middle? Is it landing on go? You maybe? Yeah, But that game, oh, you know, we played that as a family. But when we played risk and I could explain the game to you new Clock. When we played Risk, it always ended in a fight every single time because somebody's gonna win. They're taking over, you know, all the land. And then they're like, all right, so if it's me and I'm dominating and KT and Skinner left, you both are hanging on by a thread. Whoever I decide to attack firsts but hurt because they're like, we why don't you attack him? You're he's in the same situation as me. We my family played a different version of Risk. Our risk involved unprotected sex with hookers, ivy, drug use. It was just a totally different concept. Yes, and it was like, Okay, how far are you willing to go to see if this works out for you? And then, of course, as you can imagine, a lot of family squabbles ensue God in that scenario.
Speaker 4: More like the Motley Krue game.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is that?
Speaker 4: Well, what you just described more risky?
Speaker 1: Is it really a Motley Crue game?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Dude, Dictionary, I'm in on this, just satting into your shocking board game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I made the choice at an early age to ditch Monopoly. We don't have to play that way, we don't have to deal with interest and things like that. The game that still has those values with a little flair is the game of life, not the actual game of the game. You have kids, you can choose if you want to go to college or not. Choose if you want to be a doctor who get better insurance premiums down the road.
Speaker 1: The game life way cooler.
Speaker 2: The spinner makes a cool noise, way better than Monopoly.
Speaker 4: I did love playing that more than Monopoly back then.
Speaker 1: There we'll tell you in jail in life. Did you guys ever play early nineteenth century Russia? Nope, So instead of you know, having a good capitalist structure, it's basically it's socialism. And the whole purpose of the game is try to convinced the workers and everything was gonna work out fine for him if they go out to the field and do all the work. You guys didn't play this. I didn't play it. So I played Battleship. We used to play Battleship quite a bit, and then we graduated to an electronic battleship. Oh yeah, I thought that was a give up. I just like, great, dude, because then you couldn't cheat.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm the guy fighting off AI all the time, but I hated digital.
Speaker 1: Why yeah, no, it just didn't feel right. I don't know, small town guy, you know, just because too much. If somebody did hit your battleship or hit your ship, one of your ships or whatever, you don't have to tell him if you want to. But when you're playing digital electric Battleship or whatever there it is, it makes that sound. I'll never forget. One time.
Speaker 2: It's playing battleship with my much older cousin and I thought I had him, and then what I realized is that he could see over my board because he was quite a bit tolerant. He goes uh G one through ten and everyone laughed because I was like, I'm gonna put them all horizontally on the same uh yeah, And he goes G one through ten and everyone's making fun of me for being an idiot.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's a sad story. I never got over that I can tell keeps coming out of the show A sports executive Sen's nudes. We're going to get to that story momentarily and the Today Game. All that's coming your way on the Ben and Skin Show right here in the Eagle